Ch 15: Warsaw (Part II)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 940 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 16:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Seeing Dawid's team reach the parking lot, Bayer nods to Tucker and says, "Ok Robert, our move, lead us out."

Tucker nods to Bayer and taps Jan on the leg, "Right boss!  C'mon Jan!  Me and you got the lead out of here.  My Mom and Konrad will cover our backs!"  Robert leads 'center' and stays with Jan during the move towards the bridge where Dawid is setting up cover after their bound.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Moving towards the bridge towards Dawid and taking up cover for the sniper team there as they made their way back, and of course, staying with and assisting Jan

This message was last edited by the player at 16:02, Sun 03 Oct 2010.

Jan Cerny
 player, 714 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 21:10
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Though his arm hurt more now Jan was grateful to Tuck for his help in tying off the bandage around it, ensuring that the bleeding was slowed as much as possible.  He had thanked Tuck at the time, promising to buy him a beer at the first opportunity.  Or a glass of wine if a decent bottle could be found in this chaotic country!

Now it was mostly mental for Jan - he had to keep himself moving despite the blood loss he'd suffered.  Refreshment and rest were what he needed now but they would have to wait until he was clear of the enemy!

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker nods to Bayer and taps Jan on the leg, "Right boss!  C'mon Jan!  Me and you got the lead out of here.  My Mom and Konrad will cover our backs!"  Robert leads 'center' and stays with Jan during the move towards the bridge where Dawid is setting up cover after their bound.


"Yes my friend," replied Jan, focussing himself and trying to psyche himself up to continue moving.  He drew his pistol and moved off, following behind Tuck, ready to back him up as necessary.


Jan
Drawing his pistol, moving off with Tuck, ready to back him up if necessary.
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 233 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 05:44
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
"Time go?" Thor inquired unsurely of Bragi and the Huldrekall, no order having yet been received. It was beginning to feel like they'd been left swinging in the breeze as everyone else made their getaway.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Laying prone, observing eastward, transfering one round between mags
Waiting on the word to move
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Dieter Brandt
 player, 227 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 11:25
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
As the others moved away Dieter kept hidden in the debris around the cat house.

To Thor he said, "We wait until the others are clear. They have wounded and we need to cover. If you see someone on the rooftop, take his fucking head off."

To Warren he said, "Warren, keep an eye South. Sniping only, no blasting. Aim for officers or radiomen. We withdraw shortly."

With that he hit transmit on his manpack radio, "Lightning-1 this is Thunder-2. Please advise when Hailstorm-1 and friends are close to reaching your location."

Dieter Brandt
Covering the East while speaking to Dawid on the radio
PSG-1 - 19/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1988 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 23:35
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

The command group, partially covered by the advance group and the sniper detachment, breaks cover and heads towards the zoo entrance. They make it about 3/4 of the way there before coming under desultory fire from the east. Dawid and Mariusz quickly spot the source of the fire. Enemy infantry have moved into a cluster of ruined buildings directly to the east of the park entrance parking lot. Dawid immediately opens fire with the PKM, driving the enemy into cover and halting their fire. Konrad and the others arrive a half-minute later. (Dawid -10 rounds)

Thor, Dieter, and Warren continue to provide cover from their positions in the shadow of the Cat House. They are now Warren, keeping watch to the south, spots movement at the southwest corner of the Ape House. Although they haven't been as aggressive in the last 10 minutes or so, the enemy have not been idle. They may have given up on making direct assaults on the party, but they seem somewhat determined not to let you break contact all together.


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1286234355
Craig Sutherland
 player, 222 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 00:18
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Craig watched as the command group picked their way to the new position through the barren landscape of what was the zoo. He covered their advance looking for any sign of the enemy in his assigned sector and in any of recently abandoned buildings the team had been occupying. He ducked lower behind the rubble wall as the fire from the infantry to the east began and reorientated his body to face the new threat.

Turning Craig raised the muzzle of his AK-47 higher and aimed the GP-25 grenade launcher towards the infantry. Quickly scanning the rubble he tried to find either a cluster of men or a MG position before concentrating on his aim and firing. He then slightly lower the rifle and tried to acquire a target in his sights.


Dawids Team
Firing on Eastern infantry

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Dieter Brandt
 player, 228 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 07:46
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Hearing the exchange of fire between the point team and the unknown enemy, Dieter readjusted his position.

"Thor, keep an eye on the roof."

He then shifted his body to look to the northeast to see if he could identify who or what the point team were shooting at. If he can identify a target, he will take the shot.

Dieter Brandt
Adjusting to look for targets to the NE, firing if targets acquired
PSG-1 - 19/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 234 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 12:11
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor looked at Dieter and blinked in astonishment.
"Bragi crazy!"
"Need leave NOW!"

Somebody needed a lesson in tactics. The withdrawing "teams" should probably have moved in leapfrogging bounds rather than leave three snipers sitting alone several hundred metres from the nearest friendly person.
"Haptabeiđir this is Thor. Enemy Dřkkálfar closing."
Serious concern could be clearly heard in his voice.
"Thor not move fast. Over."

Thor "The Thunderer"
Laying prone, observing eastward
Speaking on radio
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 120 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 12:17
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Jeff says calmly to the snipers, "Movement to our south.  Full squad plus.  Time to go."

If the snipers decide it's time to bug out, Jeff fires off a pair of shots to discourage the group at the Ape House before they all evade.  Jeff will lead them WNW, hoping to get into the low ground by the river to get some cover.


Jeff Warren
1 Aimed + 1 Quick shot to Ape house baddies
AK103w/POSP4x24 [30/30]

This message was last edited by the player at 13:19, Tue 05 Oct 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 229 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 12:48
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Looking at Thor and Jeff, Dieter quietly nodded. He had wanted to give the others more time to withdraw, but it looked like they were running out of time.

"Okay, change of plan. Hit that unit to the south with everything we have, then we get out of here fast."

Grabbing the radio he signalled the others, "Thunder moving in 5 seconds, cover requested."

With that he followed Jeff's direction and located targets the south. He spied a likely victim and simply said, "Okay, on my mark. 3...2...1...fire."

With that he unleashed hell, firing as many shots as he could in a 5 second burst. Hopefully Jeff and Thor would do the same.

Dieter Brandt
Rapid firing to the south, then preparing to move and rejoin with the rest of the unit
PSG-1 - 19/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 2x Smoke

This message was last edited by the player at 12:58, Tue 05 Oct 2010.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 235 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 13:29
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor didn't wait any longer. Heavily laden as he was he needed every second he could grab to cover the distance.
Snatching up over 18 kilograms of loaded Mjollnir, he lumbered westward without a word towards the river while Dieter and Warren laid down some rounds. Ten seconds and about thirty metres on, he hit the ground near the corner of the cat house and began searching for targets ready to provide cover for the other two men.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Moving at a lumbering run westward
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 812 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 15:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Despite his reloaded grenade launcher, Mariusz held his fire in order to wait for a better chance of causing mayhem. He aimed his rifle at one of the gaps between the buildings where the enemy were sheltering. If a target presented itself he intended to fire his rifle at it.

Mariusz
AK-74 (31/30) BG-1 (1HE/1)
Overwatch

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2085 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 10:10
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Dieter Brandt (msg #187):

Dawid received Dieter's call for assistance, but knew from his position they couldn't provide covering fire as the rear element was in his line of fire. Instead, he continued spraying the area to the east with short bursts to keep their heads down.

"Mariusz, targets east."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (60/100 + 100)

Zoo Entrance, covering fire: E

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 942 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 22:44
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Cap'n Rae:
The command group, partially covered by the advance group and the sniper detachment, breaks cover and heads towards the zoo entrance. They make it about 3/4 of the way there before coming under desultory fire from the east. Dawid and Mariusz quickly spot the source of the fire. Enemy infantry have moved into a cluster of ruined buildings directly to the east of the park entrance parking lot. Dawid immediately opens fire with the PKM, driving the enemy into cover and halting their fire. Konrad and the others arrive a half-minute later. (Dawid -10 rounds)
Next Moves?

As the group catches up to Dawid, Robert makes sure that Jan is under cover before he posts up to give some return fire for the sniper team.  "Where the fuck is that fire coming from?  Start your next bound and we'll cover the sniper team from here."  Tucker looks for targets and begins to engaqge with single-shot fire while the sniper team tries to make his way towards his position.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {SINGLE-SHOT}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Preparing to give covering fire for the sniper team

This message was last edited by the player at 22:45, Wed 06 Oct 2010.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1989 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 23:10
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Looking northwest, Craig can see the remains of the highway bridge. Only the jagged stumps of a couple of the reinforced concrete pylons that used to hold up the now shattered and sumberged span remain standing.

Dawid and Mariusz fire at the enemy infantry in the remains of the buildings to the east. The fire reduces the enemy's freedom of movement and has, so far, greatly reduced the volume of incoming fire. (Dawid -10 rounds; Mariusz -1 round)

Warren and Dieter both fire at the enemy advancing from the south. The fleeting figures of the enemy soldiers disappear behind cover as bullets gouge into the concrete of the Ape House. Once again, the enemy are not being particularly aggressive. Thor is the first to move, followed by Warren and Dieter. They take a jog to the west before cutting to their right (north) and heading for the zoo entrance parking lot. This route will reduce their exposure to fire from the enemy group to the east. When they are well clear of the Cat House, an explosion rocks the outdoor enclosure just a few meters from the snipers' recently abandoned positions. The enemy mortar crew appear to have gotten back to work. There's not a lot of cover to the west of the Cat House- just a few tree stumps- and the sniper detachment is vulnerable to direct fire from the south. If the enemy around the Ape House gets their act together, the sniper detachment could be in a heap of trouble. (Dieter -5 rounds; Warren -3 rounds)


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1286406221
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2086 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 01:42
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #192):

Grunting in satisfaction, Dawid started picking up the PKM for transit. The resuming of mortar fire was bad but at least it wasn't coming down on their heads.

"Okay, let us start our next bound now. Woj and Craig, you lead. Mariusz and I will follow. Head towards the left side of the bridge so we can get under. The main body will cover us. If we get split up then meet at the bridge and keep going north."

"Any questions? Let's go! Kapitan, some cover fire please?"

"Moving!"



Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (50/100 + 100)
Park Entrance
Moving WNW towards the bridge.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:30, Thu 07 Oct 2010.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 232 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 07:33
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
After letting loose with a volley of fire at the targets to the south, Dieter quickly got to his feet and retreated, following after the lumbering furry mound that was Thor. A quick glance to the left (south) told him that the units there had been temporarily slowed, but not for long. He quickly keyed into his radio, "Thunder on the move."

As he moved he felt a blast from behind him as a mortar round fell just a few metres away from where he had just been. A few small bit of debris bounced off his helmet and span away harmlessly. That was too close. He picked up the speed as he kept low and followed the path west, then moved to the north.

Another glance over his shoulder showed that they were badly exposed. He pulled one of the smoke grenades from his webbing and quickly pulled the pin. After a bried pause to check the wind he rolled the grenade behind him, hopefully creating a nice wall of smoke to give them some cover from the unit to the south. He then continued to the north as quickly as he could, keeping low to avoid being spotted from the east.

Dieter Brandt
Moving West then North, pausing briefly as he heads North to roll (not throw) a smoke grenade
PSG-1 - 14/20 rounds
AK-74 - 30/30 slung over shoulder
1x Frag 1x Smoke

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 813 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 16:53
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Mariusz heard Dawid's orders and ran for the next bound point. His breath came in ragged gouts and he scanned the ground in front of him to avoid anything that might trip him up.

Mariusz
AK-74/BG-1 (30/30) 1HE/1
Running for the next bound

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1285 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 19:46
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Dieter Brandt:
He quickly keyed into his radio, "Thunder on the move."


Bayer replies back, "Roger. Keep moving."

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Kapitan, some cover fire please?"</Blue>


Bayer holds up a hand, acknowledging and waving for his team to go as he settles into a kneeling postion. He then says, "Jan go with them for this bound. Everyone else, rapid fire."

Selecting one of the enemy towards the east, Bayer will fire off three shots.

Bayer
G36/HK69 (28/30) (1/1 HEDP)
Firing (1) aimed and (2) quick shots at east enemy
Kneeling next to the visitor center

This message was last edited by the player at 23:39, Thu 07 Oct 2010.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 224 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 7 Oct 2010
at 23:51
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

Snapping his attention to the present situation Craig raises his rifle to his should just as Dawid indicates the move for the next bound. He rises and moves toward the next point as fast as his leg will allow. He takes a quick glance to make sure Woj is following and adds:

”Keep close and low.”

He keeps his AK-74 at his shoulder as he moves towards the base of the bridge. Once under the bridge he turns to cover the next group, but does not fire unless they are fired upon.

”All call signs this is Lighting-4, in position.”



Point Team
Moving and covering

AK-74/BG-15 (30/30) + 1x30 (1/1 HE) + 3x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 0 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) + 5x45 - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6, Smoke Grenade, L13A2 CS grenade
Jan Cerny
 player, 716 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 00:01
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Kapitan, some cover fire please?"</Blue>


Bayer holds up a hand, acknowledging and waving for his team to go as he settles into a kneeling postion. He then says, "Jan go with them for this bound. Everyone else, rapid fire."


Pistol in hand, Jan nodded to Konrad in response and then made his way with Dawid's squad for this bound, heading towards the cover of the bridge.  He kept as alert as possible as he moved, continuing to favour his left arm.  With his left hand he gripped his webbing belt in order to keep it as static as possible but allowing him to use it if necessary.


Jan
Joining Dawid's squad for this bound
F88 Steyr AUG (10/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - slung on shoulder
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 8x HE, 4x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
AKS-74 (10 mags total) - slung on shoulder
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - held

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 943 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 00:21
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Konrad Bayer:
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Kapitan, some cover fire please?"</Blue>


Bayer holds up a hand, acknowledging and waving for his team to go as he settles into a kneeling postion. He then says, "Jan go with them for this bound. Everyone else, rapid fire."

Selecting one of the enemy towards the east, Bayer will fire off three shots.

Bayer

Tucker flips his rifle's selector switch from 'single' to 'burst' and targets one of the enemy soldier's coming at them from the east (or, at the east) and begins to deliver accurate (hopefully) burst fire.

<Orange>TUCKER
M-16A2 [25/30] / M-203 [HE] - {BURST-FIRE}
H&K SOCOM Pistol [10/12] (Holstered)
Slung Romanian AK-74 [30/30]
Holstered (Vest) Browning HP-35 [13/13]
[1] Mag 5.56N [12/30] (BDU Pocket)

Salvaged Gear:
Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0
5 L. Canteen             5.0
Lg Alice Pack
[19] AK-74 Mags

Delivering burst fire towards the enemy to the east using best cover possible

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:21, Sat 09 Oct 2010.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 124 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 04:24
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
As Dieter tosses his smoke and then takes off, Jeff calls "No wait!." but it's too late and Dieter runs across the open.  Jeff expects the smoke to draw all sorts of enemy fire, so he turns to Thor "I'm going West to the river, then I'll cut north and meet with them.  You might want to follow him since it's faster, or you can come with me."  Before Thor even has time to respond, Jeff double checks to the South, and then sprints to the West.

Once he hits the river bank, he slides down as far out of sight as he can, and then proceeds to make his way north, staying fast but low so as to keep out of sight.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 237 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 05:52
Re: The Zoo (Continued)
Thor groaned as the smoke appeared for the same reasons as the Huldrekall who called themselves Warren.
Again not bothering to reply, he raced as fast as he could for the lower, dead ground along the river bank, every step wondering if a bullet would strike him in the back.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Lumbering to the riverbank
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
PM-63 (25/25) + 1x25
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (15/15) + 3x15
M-26A1 hand grenade, x4
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 1991 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 9 Oct 2010
at 20:13
Re: The Zoo (Continued)

With hollow popping sounds, incoming rounds start striking the rusting shells of vehicles in northwest zoo entrace parking lot. The enemy to the east are spreading out and finding angles from which to deliver accurate fire.

As Craig, Woj, Dawid, Mariusz, and Jan break to the northwest, Konrad, Tucker, and Minh (NPCed) provide covering fire, delivering rapid single shots and short bursts. They can see their bullets striking the ruined buildings to the east in little puffs of concrete dust. At the moment, the amount of incoming and outgoing fire is about equal. (Konrad -3 rounds; Tucker -6 rounds; Minh -10  rounds)

Harrassed by as-yet inaccurate rifle fire from the south, Dieter pops smoke and runs north towards the command team and the zoo entrance parking lot. Warren and Thor, however, head due west towards the river. Like in the park proper, there are no standing trees here. They must all have been destroyed in the fighting for the bridgehead or by the nuclear blasts over on the west bank. There is a lot of unruly brush on the banks, though, providing concealment, and the gently sloping of the ground as it dips to the river provides some cover. Warren and Thor pass many empty fighting positions. Once they reach the river, the snipers follow the low bank north, towards the blasted remains of the road and rail bridges. (Dieter -1 smoke grenade)

Meanwhile, the lead team makes for the elevated root of the collapsed highway bridge across the Vistula. The bank is not steep, but it is somewhat slippery. The sun hasn't quite found the snow and ice on the west-facing riverbank so it could be worse. The dip in the terrain leading down to the broad river offers perfect naturally cover and soon the team is out of harms way. Looking left (south), Woj is startled by the sudden appearance of two figures making their way north through the heavy underbrush along the riverside. He raises his AK and prepares to fire. Craig recognizes the approaching pair as the sniper detachment and stops Woj just in time. Reunited, the eight men make their way underneath the sagging highway on-ramp and the teetering elevated railway line.

Dieter arrives at the zoo entrance parking lot and joins the belleaguered command team. Bullets buzz and snap around them and ricochet's clang and zing off of the destroyed vehicles which occupy the ghost zoo. At least one enemy grenadier has gone to work, lobbing two HE rifle grenades into the lot where they explode harmlessly among the derelict vehicles. Konrad, Minh, and Tucker have been returning fire, scoring a couple of suspected hits on the enemy force to the east. Glancing back the way he came, Dieter can see movement near the Cat House. The enemy are slowly closing in. If and when they bring their mortar to bear on the zoo entrance parking lot, the command team is going to be in whole world of serious hurt.  (Konrad -10; Tucker -27; Minh -20)


Next Moves?


Updated tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...7&mid=1286651879

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:14, Sat 09 Oct 2010.