Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw (Part I)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2156 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 23:23
Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw (Part I)

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.

-Erwin Rommel

-

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:44, Sat 28 Mar 2015.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2157 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 00:02
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

Wednesday, October 25th, 2000
1730 hrs.
39F
clear skies; slight breeze from the northwest
Jackowo Gorne, 10km north of Warsaw, Poland



The commander of the Serock militia, Captain Zawadzki, the "mayor" of Wyszkow, Anton Sobczak, and the leadership of the turncoat 10th GTD- Major General Anton Koronev and "Captain" B.A. Johnstone- have agreed, in principle, to actively cooperate with one another in the removal of The Black Baron Czarny from his position of self-appointed sovereignty over the ruins of Warsaw.

They, along with you, are meeting in an abandoned home in the hamlet of Jackowo Gorne, about midway between Serock and Wyszkow, where the bulk of the 10th TD is still camped. Serock has sent a truckload of food for the hungry soldiers of the 10th, but is unwilling to shelter them or allow transit in the fear that the 300 men of the 10th will find the living there so pleasant that they will not wish to leave. Zawadski has made clear that Serock does not have the wherewithall to feed and/or shelter such a large unit of tired, hungry, and well armed men. It's a reasonable position. So, for the time being, the men of the 10th division will remain in Wyszkow. The mayor of the town, however, seems eager to see them leave.

For all parties, time is of the essence. The men of the 10th, despite the recent delivery of provisions from Serock, is still hungry, and only the Baron's granaries can feed them without depriving others. Neither Wyszkow nor Serock can feed the 10th for more than a day or two without dangerously depleting their stocks of winter food.

The objective of the upcoming offensive, therefore, is simple- to either eliminate the Baron and his men or drive them out of Warsaw, whereupon the 10th will take control of the Black Legion's food stocks. The 10th will remain in Warsaw, acting as it's municipal defense force, until such time as sufficient provisions can be secured for a continuation of their march to the Baltic.

Captain Zawadski is rather cagey regarding his resources. From what you can gather, the core of the Serock militia is a unit of Polish Army engineers. They were stationed in the town at some point during the siege fo Warsaw, during which they developed a strong rapport with the townspeople there. This past summer, they deserted and settled down alongside the surviving residents in the remains of the town, forming the core of its self defense force. A Motor Rifles company was sent to bring them back into the fold, but most of those troops deserted in turn and joined the newly-formed Serock militia. It sounds like the militia consists of about 40 experienced men- most former Polish army soldiers- and a few armed civilians. The lynchpin of their defense system is their BMP-1. They've also recently obtained a beaten-up BTR-70. The Serock militia had a couple of violent run-ins with the Black Legion this autumn, but have succeeded in maintaining their independence. As long as the Baron is in charge, though, Serock can not thrive.

General Koronev, a large, bearded man who bears an uncanny likeness to Joseph Stalin, explains that the 10th TD curently musters just under 300 able-bodied men. Able-bodied is putting it kindly, though. In this case, it means "not quite dead yet". Many of the men are sick with colds or flu-like symptoms, some with serious cases of frostbite, and all are somewhat weak due to the combination of hard marching, unseasonable cold, and minimal rations. Having recently arrived within a day's march of objective, Koronev and Johnstone where unable to prevent the ravenous men from slaughtering and eating the division's last pack horses. The division's heaviest weapon is a 120mm mortar for which they have a decent supply of bombs.

What you bring to the table is fresh intelligence, a few spare guns, and a wealth of recent experience in fighting the Black Legion in and around East Bank Warsaw. You also have access to a powerful river tug-cum-gunboat and around one hundred or so fighters of the Gora-Kalwaria militia. You have yet, however, to mention the Wisla Krolowa to Johnstone, Koronev, or Zawadzki, and you have not been in contact with its crew (and, by extension, the town of G-K) for over 72 hours. For all they know, you could be dead right now. It might be time to try to get in touch with them.

Johnstone, a middle-aged man of average height and stocky build (Warren can tell he's lost a few pounds since they last spoke face-to-face) addresses the gathering,

"Alright, you folks are the military minds here. What's the plan? How do we do this?"


NEXT MOVES?

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:11, Wed 26 Jan 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 862 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 13:54
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jan stood up, almost taking the floor in a formal fashion.

“Well first things first,” he replied, addressing Johnstone initially and speaking English.  He trusted that someone else would translate the whole discussion into Polish or Russian for those who didn’t speak English.  “The men of the 10th obviously need food and if they do not get it then our attack on the Baron’s forces is going to lose coordination quite quickly.”  He turned to General Koronev as he continued.  “I do not mean any insult to your troops General but we all know that hunger can do things to an armed man.  Jeff implied previously that his and Johnstone’s superiors had access to significant resources including the ability to stage an airdrop.”

He looked directly at Jeff as he brought up the agent’s previous claims.  He doubted that Jeff’s story of a US/CIA backed enclave in Eastern Europe with the capability to mount air missions was more than colourful fabrication but this was the time to test whether it was.

“If that is true then I think that you need to prove it by supplying these men, and the rest of us, with some food.  Otherwise I fear that any attack on Warsaw is going to fragment as the men encounter opportunities to acquire food and it then runs the risk of escalation from there.”

He avoided using the word looting but it was obvious what Jan meant.  He had no real objection to looting but only once the main objectives had been achieved.

“Once we are attacking with the aim of defeating the Black Baron rather than the objective of finding food to feed an army then I think that we have a greater chance of success.  As to an actual plan I, personally, have a couple of suggestions.  Amongst our small unit we number several snipers and one plan that has been suggested, by Jeff or Thor I think, is to attempt to kill the Baron in person, the idea being that without the Baron in charge many of his troops will desert.  I think that there is merit in this but we need to do this as part of a coordinated attack rather than in isolation, otherwise some of the Baron’s troops might decide that staying in the city under a different tyrant is better than going it alone somewhere else.  Essentially once we kill their leader we need to give them a reason to flee!”

Jan then glanced at some of the new recruits to their unit, the Poles and the Russian Vita.

“Another suggestion to consider is persuading more of his troops to change sides.  Many of the Baron’s soldiers are actually militia who have been forcibly conscripted and have no loyalty to him at all.  There are several of them here who have chosen to change sides and join us and I think that more can be persuaded to do the same.  If the time pressure of feeding the 10th is removed then I would suggest that while the 10th start probing the Baron’s northern defences us lot, under Captain Bayer, return to the city and start to make contact with groups in the city who might be persuaded to join us.”

“Lastly we need to draw up a list of tactically important locations and objectives in the city so that we can plan how to capture it.  Our new recruits have not really had the opportunity yet to tell us what they know of the current state of the city so I think that some updated intel from them would be useful.  Things like what bridges are still standing and so on.  We currently have intel on where many of his outer ring of defensive positions are located, where his motor pool is, where his granary is, where the barracks for his troops are, where he keeps hostages, where his Palace or HQ is located and where he is currently building a new castle.  Any of those locations that can be confirmed would be useful but if you know of any other important locations or of any other troops who could be persuaded to change sides then now is the time to speak up.”

Having finished ticking off a list of locations Jan sat back down and took a sip of water from the tin cup in front of him.  He then pulled out a cigarette and lit it up, inhaling strongly.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:01, Wed 26 Jan 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2253 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 14:33
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #3):

Dawid took the initiative and translated Jan's speech into fluent but accented Russian and flawless Polish.
Monika Sawicki
 player, 75 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 15:37
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
     Monika listened to the proposals.  It didn't matter to her what the plan was or would be.  There would be fighting.  There would be dead and wounded.  There was always dead and wounded.  Maybe getting rid of the Baron was a good thing to do.  Monika knew that getting rid of the Baron was a necessary thing to do.  That would have to be enough justification for her.

     She felt the weight of the reloaded and holstered SMG on her webbing.  Monika hoped that she would never need to aim the compact little chattergun at another human being.  She knew, however, that she needed her weapons to keep alive and stay free.  She didn't like that thought, but she accepted it.

     Monika spoke up, trying to get what she wanted to say right in English.  "Isn't matter.  We fight.  I try fix."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:03, Wed 26 Jan 2011.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 7 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 19:26
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Piotr had been standing to the side listening to Jan's suggestions, but when the legionnaire glanced in his direction he stepped forward. Continuing in polish, not only because it was his first language but also to be polite to his host and true to his heritage.

“I think there are certainly others that can be persuaded to join up against the Black Baron although it might be a bit difficult to confirm where to find them.” Although it was a problem he'd like to find a solution to. Jan was right, there were still some good guys he didn't want to die fighting for a cause that wasn't theirs. The only thing most of them were concerned about was staying alive. “The Black Baron has taken some losses and might be moving some of his troops around.”

Taking a pause to give anyone translating a chance to catch up.

“As to the tactical points of interest, I can probably point them out if you have a map of the area I can probably be of help in that area”
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1005 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 20:50
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Tucker moves forward after Jan starts off the conversation.  "Hey everyone.  I'm Robert Tucker, U.S. Army well, formerly of the U.S. Army.  Anyway, after hearing Jan's initial breakdown, my first thoughts would be to have a couple shooter teams sent out to hunt for key areas for harrassment.  Perhaps another squad with some heavier weapons to roam and hit a couple of different strategic points around the city."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 868 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 22:20
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
"I like Tuck's idea," Mariusz said, "but think it could go a bit farther. The Baron appears to have arranged his positions in a conventional manner, strongpoints with the potential for mutual support backed up by a strong firebase and reaction force. We could use partisan tactics to screw them up. Infiltrate sniper teams in to hit key personnel and add to that several hit and run teams running a variety of assaults. Do that for a long winter's night and keep the Baron's forces awake and on edge, then hit them full force."
Jan Cerny
 player, 864 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 23:29
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
"From what I saw," Jan added to Mariusz' comments, "the Baron's strongpoints look designed to keep people in as much as out!"
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 350 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 03:31
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Thor had slept almost every available moment, but the mention of his name snapped him back to consciousness.
"Mjollnir one mile, night, no problem," he said confidently.
"Two mile, day, maybe better Járngreipr..."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2255 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 05:53
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
The high-level negotiation reminded Dawid of something. They had not been successful in contacting their own comrades over the last few days, it was time to give it another go.

"Jan, Ondar's radio is charged, now. Why not have Minh set it up so we can send a report to the Queen?"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1359 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 14:27
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Bayer listened but added nothing at this point. Interested in hearing their allies first response, he waited for them to speak before joining in.
Dieter Brandt
 player, 320 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 17:57
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Dieter felt no need to get involved with the discussion, but when he heard Dawid talking about the Queen, he decided to make himself useful.

"I don't know if my radio has the range, but I can try to make contact with the Queen."

Assuming they are happy to let him continue, he moved to the highest ground he could see. Dumping his rifle next to him, he set up his PRC-77 manpack radio, and tuned into the frequency he had been given.

"Calling Dreamer or Boyar, this is Thunder. Radio check, over." He repeated this message, in English and then in Polish, over and over again until he could either get a response, or it was clear nobody was listening.

OOC - if my radio is no good for this purpose, please substitute it for another radio in the team that might actually do the job.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:37, Fri 28 Jan 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2162 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 23:35
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jan Cerny:
“Well first things first,” he replied, addressing Johnstone initially and speaking English.  He trusted that someone else would translate the whole discussion into Polish or Russian for those who didn’t speak English.  “The men of the 10th obviously need food and if they do not get it then our attack on the Baron’s forces is going to lose coordination quite quickly.”  He turned to General Koronev as he continued.  “I do not mean any insult to your troops General but we all know that hunger can do things to an armed man.  Jeff implied previously that his and Johnstone’s superiors had access to significant resources including the ability to stage an airdrop.”


Johnstone gives Warren a quick look of disapproval before responding to Jan's challenge.

"Believe me, Sergeant Cerny, if we could arrange a supply drop, we would.

"Unfortunately, I don't think that's an option. The last time I was able to contact the enclave, the weather was too shitty to execute a drop. Since then, my satellite radio ran out of juice and some asshole walked off with the last spare battery. Can't really blame the poor dumb bastard who did it- probably thought he could trade it for a loaf of bread and a chicken or something. So, an supply drop's not something we can make happen at this time. I'm sorry."

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2163 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 23:36
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

Major General Koronev shares his thoughts in Muscovite Russian.

"We- the 10th GTD- are not quite strong enough for a direct assault against prepared defenses, but our mortar is a powerful weapon against fixed positions.

"On the other hand, my men are desperately hungry. We can't wait much longer- I'm sure the mayor feels the same way. Small teams of commandos can sow chaos behind enemy lines but this should occur concurrently with a main attack by my division, which, we all know, is a division in name only."

"Captain Zawdaszki, what can you do?"

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2164 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 23:39
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

Captain Zawadzki, commander of the Serock militia responds [in Polish].

"Well, we can launch a small diversionary raid against the Baron's west flank. This may be made more difficult by what these people- what should we call you?"

He gestures towards you and your comrades.

"-have already done. The Baron may have reinforced that sector since your recent exploits."

"The defense of Serock is our main priority and I will not risk that in an all-or-nothing gamble against Czarny. The BMP, therefore, is off the table."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1361 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 03:02
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Cap'n Rae:
"This may be made more difficult by what these people- what should we call you?"


"Rataj's 1st Independent Commando." Bayer answers.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:03, Fri 28 Jan 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 195 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 04:52
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jeff blatantly ignores Johnstone's look for now, and instead translates Koronev's Russian for the group.  And although he understands Zawadki's Polish, he allows one of locals to translate that.

Once he gets the moment, he turns to Bayer, "What sort of assets do you have back in that town you said you all came from?  Gorwa-something.  If they have anything of use, the plan ought to include them.  Just be careful you don't tip our hand with excessive radio chatter on an unsecured link."

"Concerning covert action, if you need me to, Captain (Addressed to Johnstone),  I can grab my other rifle  and head back in with or without any members of this group.  If that's what we decide on."

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 6 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 05:03
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Almost all the conversation was flying over Matias's head.  Oh, he understood the words well enough; all the Polish, most of the English, and a Russian phrase or two.  But he had none of the background that the others had, or any idea who most of the people they were talking about were.

He decided to keep quiet and try and puzzle his way through what was going on.  And he hoped that both his puzzled look and the signs of his concentration wouldn't show through to the others.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 351 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 05:29
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
"Glaðsheimr have Smot."
Thor waved an arm in a circle over his head and slowly stood up.
"Glaðsheimr have lang skip."
With his hands he indicated a large boat bristling with weapons.
"Glaðsheimr strong."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1008 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 13:13
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Konrad Bayer:
Cap'n Rae:
"This may be made more difficult by what these people- what should we call you?"


"Rataj's 1st Independent Commando." Bayer answers.

"Gotta nice ring to it," Tucker thinks to himself.
Jan Cerny
 player, 867 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 15:15
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jan watched Thor and his pantomime actions and just shook his head in response.  Though Jeff had asked a question of Konrad, Jan chose to answer it, speaking in Polish.

“The village Jeff is referring to is Gora Kalwaria and Rataj's 1st Independent Commando are based out of there currently.  The village itself has a militia of about a hundred armed men, mostly armed with firearms and a couple of heavy weapons, and there are a core of experienced former Polish soldiers who provide the leadership and NCOs.  We captured one of the Baron’s D-30’s and that is now based there, though it has hardly any shells at all and is therefore only really useable in a defensive situation.  They also have a M-37 mortar but without any shells at all.  If you have spare shells for either of those that would be interesting.”

Jan then glanced at Konrad and smiled to himself.  Rataj's 1st Independent Commando indeed!

“There is also a boat under the command of Captain Rataj and that was heavily involved in destroying the Baron’s pirates.  Mounted on board are a large collection of heavy weapons.  There is a MT-12 Rapira AT gun and a Vasilek Mortar but neither has very many shells left.  There are also two DShK machineguns and a Mk-19 grenade launcher and they have plenty of ammo, well certainly for the machineguns.  I do not know if it is possible to move them off the boat however and the boat is armoured anyway so it might be best to leave them on board and make use of the boat against targets near the river.”

Jan then pulled a small pouch from inside his grenade vest and walked over to Major General Koronev.

“When we met Jeff we ambushed a patrol of horsemen working for the Baron who were pursuing him.  We recovered a load of weapons and buried them nearby.  We had thought to take them back to Gora Kalwaria for their militia but we are agreed that the 10th will make better use of them in the short term.  Therefore we give you this pouch that contains the firing pins from them all.  You will have to send some men to dig the firearms up but Jeff knows where they were buried.  We also recovered some spare weapons and ammo from our recent fighting with the Baron and we give these to the 10th as well.  I think that that is a sign of our good faith!”

“I may also have a contact in Warsaw who might be able to help us.  I need to talk to her further over the radio and arrange to meet her before I can tell you more however.  I think that that is everything but if I have forgotten something I am sure that someone will remind me.”  He glanced round his comrades as he spoke, in case someone could think of something that he had missed.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:51, Fri 28 Jan 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 7 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 23:02
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Matias was still very lost.  He understood an attack on Warsaw, and that was about all.  The other information was all completely out of context, and lost on him.

When there was a pause, he leaned over to Mariusz and whispered in Polish "What is happening?  What are we talking about?"  He hoped that Mariusz, who had been with the group for longer than he had, understood what was happening.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 301 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 04:39
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

Making the most of the break in the action Craig has spent as much time in a chair as possible. He has primary been focused on his wounded leg but as the discussion becomes more in depth he decides to add his own two pence worth.

”To be honest I wouldn't like your chances in convincing the Barons troops to change sides. I would give you credit that some are there against their will, some are there for the protection and some are there cause they enjoy it. It's just getting close enough to actually talk and then convince them there is an alternative.”

”Captain Zawadzki are there any other communities that you are in contact with who may also be persuaded to help ? Also since we seem to be giving over the weapons from the Cavalry, you may want this.”

He digs around in one of this PLCE pouches and produces a bag with 298 rounds of 9mmN.

"I was keeping it for the villagers but what the hell maybe well find some more."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:18, Sat 29 Jan 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 869 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 08:26
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jan turned to the Poles who had recently joined them.  "How strict a rule does the Baron keep on the city?  Are there any communal areas like markets and does anyone have any permission to move around the city besides his Black Guard?"

He then switched from Polish to English and directed a quick comment to Craig with a grin.  "Damn, if I had known that you were carrying round a load of 9mm Parabellum rounds I would have taken five off your hands to fill up one of my pistol mags!"
Craig Sutherland
 player, 302 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 08:37
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #27):

Sliding the plastic bag across the table to Jan, Craig adds:

"Finders first then, if anyone else needs to top off magazines feel free."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 869 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 09:52
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Mariusz looked over at the new guys and smiled at Mataias, "Several of us were a security team for a tug boat trying to get to Warsaw. We reached teh town of Gora Kalwaria and discovered the people there trying to fight against the pirate element of the Baron's forces. We helped them to defeat the pirates and because our employer realised he couldn't find his family in Warsaw with the Baron around we joined forces with Gora Kalwaria to try to eliminate the Baron. Our reconnaissence of the city became a sort of running battle and we ended up at your outpost."

He grinned again, "Now we're talking about co-ordinating an attack with the militia of this town, the 10th, which is a bunch of three hundred ex-Soviets under the direction of the CIA and any forces we can summon from our base. That might be hard because we've been out of contact for a few days and they might think we're dead. Any help you can give us using the radios would be great."

"At present," he pointed at the meeting, "the militia are willing to launch a diversionary attack but not commit decisive forces, understandable and generous when you look at their position, and the 10th are a potent force but starving and not able to take out the Baron by main force."

"We've been suggesting infiltrating snipers and small hunter-killer groups into the city to disrupt the enemy before the main attack." Mariusz continued, "Your knowledge of the Baron's forces and tactics as well as recent knowledge of the city will be invaluable to the discussion. When we plan things, everyone has a say and the Kaptain picks what he thinks is the best course. Don't hesitate to speak up, I'd rather be called a fool here than dead because you had a better idea and didn't want to offend anyone by speaking up. I speak decent English and Russian so if you have anything to say say it and I'll translate."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2262 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 11:36
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #19):

Dawid leaned over to Konrad and made sure the Russians couldn't overhear him.

"Do we want to mention the nerve gas shells for the mortar? Er, sorry, howitzer. They're not ours, but they could be useful."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:02, Sat 29 Jan 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2170 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 16:06
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Dieter Brandt:
"Calling Dreamer or Boyar, this is Thunder. Radio check, over." He repeated this message, in English and then in Polish, over and over again until he could either get a response, or it was clear nobody was listening.


Try as he might, Dieter can't raise the Queen or anyone in Gora-Kalwaria. The radio's battery is running low on juice and the set might just not have the power and range to get a coherent signal to where he wants it to go.

Some sort of long field-expedient antenna might help. Also, if there was some way to amplify the radio's power output, the signal might have the energy to cut through to the tug.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2171 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 16:39
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

Teh meeting breaks up temporarily for a quick dinner of lamb stew, bread with butter, and a thick, locally brewed beer. It's warm, tasty, and filling. General Koronev, in solidarity with his hungry troops, limits himself to one modest helping. In a show of support, Johnstone reluctantly follows suit.

All the players are there but this is a more informal atmosphere than the planning conference it's interrupting. Small groups of friends gather here and there to eat and chat in relative privacy.

After about 30 minutes, the planning meeting will resume.
Jan Cerny
 player, 872 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 16:52
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jan excused himself briefly from the meal, after eating his share as quickly as possible, and borrowed the backpack radio that Quyen had been carrying around.  He took it off to a quiet corner and tuned it to a particular frequency that he appeared to have memorised.

He then started transmitting, repeating the same message in Polish he had used the previous time he had tried to contact the woman in Warsaw.  "Motyl.  To jest Żołądź."


OOC: "Motyl.  To jest Żołądź." hopefully means "Butterfly.  This is Acorn." in Polish.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2172 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 17:57
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jan Cerny:
Jan excused himself briefly from the meal, after eating his share as quickly as possible, and borrowed the backpack radio that Quyen had been carrying around.  He took it off to a quiet corner and tuned it to a particular frequency that he appeared to have memorised.

He then started transmitting, repeating the same message in Polish he had used the previous time he had tried to contact the woman in Warsaw.  "Motyl.  To jest Żołądź."


Seconds passed. Then a minute. Then two. He'd repeated his transmission several times already and still no response. Perhaps "Butterfly" had shut down her set- this wasn't the prearranged contact window. But darker thoughts started to creep into Jan's mind. Had she been compromised? Were the Baron's men monitoring this frequency? Did they have the equipment and wherewithal to track transmissions? Had he killed managed to accidentally kill two DSGE agents? Was it all just...

"Acorn. Butterfly. Wait one."

Thank God.

After a brief delay, Jan's contact spoke again in rapid-fire French, thick and dirty. "Acorn, I am happy to hear from you. The Baron is in quite a rage. He rounded up 100 civilians this afternoon and had every tenth one shot, for 'helping the foreign raiders', he said. He's getting desperate. My contact in Legion says there's talk of disarming the NATO company. The Polish fighters want to kill the Ukranians for a shooting earlier today. Some of the irregulars have disappeared on the west bank. A couple more were shot trying to cross over. If there was ever a time to strike, it is now. The only thing going in the Baron's favor is that his second tank is now operational. It's posted outside his HQ. The other is still at the old stadium. There's rumors that he may try to launch a big attack a hostile force up north. What is your status? OVER."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:58, Sat 29 Jan 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 10 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 18:07
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Matias looked relieved upon hearing Mariusz's explanation.  The extra information helped immensely, filling in a great many gaps.  With a new understanding of the situation, Matias began to search his memory for anything that could be of use to the team.

But first, he remembered his manners.  "Dziękuję* Mariusz, that helps a great deal.  I speak a little English too, so I've been able to follow along.  But without knowing the purpose, it was hard to understand."




* Thank you.
Good link for the Polish speakers:
http://www.polish-translator.net/polish_phrases.html
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 9 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 18:44
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
When the group takes a break Piotr signals for the group of new recruits to gather around him before he starts rummaging in his backpack. Moments later he takes out a well used map and starts spreading it out. Waiting for the others to join him before he starts talking to them only occasionally taking a bite of food.

Any of the others want to join in on this little party don't be a stranger.

Those that join Piotr will notice the map he has unfolded is actually a military map of Warsaw with several pre-marked fire missions and other useful tactical locations marked out.

“I've been holding on to this map for a while now. Most of the markings should still be valid, but maybe you can all have a look at it and tell me if you think of any positions that have changed. If we can finish the map before the group comes together again it might be a great help with their planning, don't you think."
Piotr looks around the group before he continues.

“As far as I can see most of the major defense positions are still on this. Only thing of interest maybe is the hostage location right here” marking it out with a pencil “And of course the construction site right here” After that he waits for other suggestions and marks them out as they are suggested.

Finally as the map appears updated he once more looks around, serious concern on his face“If any of you have an idea of how we can contact some of our less fortunate comrades I'd be interested to know. If we can convince others to follow our example it's one more saved from the Baron's grasp and more importantly one less enemy to fight against.”
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 11 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 19:02
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Matias went with Piotr; he was already used to following the older Pole's instructions, and he respected Piotr's ability to lead the group effectively.

Matias pointed at the northernmost set of barracks, near the Castle construction site Piotr mentioned.  "This was my barracks.  There are 3 companies of troops stationed there.  2 volunteer and 1 conscript.  I don't think we'd be able to turn the volunteers, but ah..... maybe half of the conscripts would be interested in deserting, given a reason and a chance to get home."

He stepped back and thought for a moment.  Just when it seemed like he was done, he spoke again: "I always thought that the defenses near the nuclear zone were light.  According to this map, we could take the 634 southwest to Zabki, then pull off to side streets and drive right up to the Castle, or the Artillery Battery.  We'd have to skirt the nuclear zone, but it's not that close."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 303 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 21:19
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

Craig finishes his food before moving towards Piotr and the map.

Piotr Pawlowski:
Finally as the map appears updated he once more looks around, serious concern on his face“If any of you have an idea of how we can contact some of our less fortunate comrades I'd be interested to know. If we can convince others to follow our example it's one more saved from the Baron's grasp and more importantly one less enemy to fight against.”


"It's getting into the city that is the stumbling block. That little system of lights was incredibility effective. We could use it to our advantage though, ambush the reaction force then in the confusion a "small" party could break away and head further into the city."
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 352 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 05:07
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jan Cerny:
“I think that that is everything but if I have forgotten something I am sure that someone will remind me.”

"Jean forget sokol smok."
Thor was obviously struggling with language, searching for the right words to get his point across.
"Umm, bird. Falcon. Fly!"
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2263 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 10:19
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
It had been a while since they'd had a chance to relax. Dawid took the opportunity to do some things:

1) Set up a charger on the truck's alternator.

2) Charge any batteries that needed charging.

3) Check everyone's feet and assess any wounds for himself.

4) Make sure everyone had something to eat.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 872 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 10:24
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Mariusz walked over to the new members of the unit and said, "Are there any other questions you have about what we've done? It looks like we'll be going back into combat soon so you might not have the chance again."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2264 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 10:37
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #41):

Dawid nodded in agreement. "Yes, you all know me of course, at least from the short time we were together and that damned BTR charged us!"

"Mariusz, you're doing a fine job of getting our new friends settled in. By the way, have you introduced them to the Kaptain yet?"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:50, Sun 30 Jan 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 77 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 13:46
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Monika is moving about during the lull seeing if anyone needs her brand of help.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2173 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 17:09
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

Much like his earlier attempt with the BTR, Dawid is unable to rig up a battery recharger using the old Ural truck's nearly worn out battery or ancient alternator. He avoids getting a nasty shock or acid burns during the build process, but, try as he might, the completed device does not appear to be passing a charge on to any of the radio or NVG batteries to which he attaches it.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2174 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 23:33
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Craig Sutherland:
”Captain Zawadzki are there any other communities that you are in contact with who may also be persuaded to help ? Also since we seem to be giving over the weapons from the Cavalry, you may want this.”


The Serock militia commander gratefully accepts the bag of 9mm N rounds.

"Ah, thank you. Oh, these are parabellem rounds. Very good. Thanks again.

Handing the bad to adjuntant, he addresses Craig's querry.

"Unfortunately, I doubt any of the small communities in this region will want to get involved in a fight over the ruins of Warsaw. Most of the communities within a dozen kilometers of the city have been co-opted or forcibly evacuated by the Baron. Those further out are either empty, too small to bother about, or too distant to conquer. I'm sorry to say that there are not many like us that are too strong to overcome. We are in contact with some mostly independent settlements further north and northwest, downriver along the Vistula, but they have warlord issues of their own to deal with. I believe the national government controls things farther on, up around Torun. I don't know about communities south of Warsaw. With the Baron effectively in control of the river in this area- at least until recently, if I understand correctly- we haven't had any contact with anyone up-river from here. You know more about that than I do."

You remember the warry residents of Minsk Mazowiecki. They seemed to be independent and rather warry of outsiders.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:38, Sun 30 Jan 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 304 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 09:48
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

As he listens to the Captain a look of concern crosses Craigs face.

”It would seem that with so much to gain from the removal of the Baron that more of the communities would be more proactive.”

”We have only been operating for a short time and this is the first time that the10th has been factored into the assault so maybe if the villages where informed they maybe more forthcoming ?”
Dieter Brandt
 player, 322 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 12:28
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
As the battery in his radio started to lose power, Dieter eventually gave up in his attempt to contact the Queen. He packed up the radio and went back to the others. Located his commander, he said "Herr Bayer, I have tried to make contact with the Queen, but cannot get through. My battery is low, so I gave up."

To Dawid he continued, "Herr Dawid, if you are trying to charge batteries my radio could do with some more power; it is weak."

Once done he headed to the mess area and helped himself to a helping of the stew. It wasn't great, but it was warm and filled his belly. The beer was, by German standards, disgusting, but he forced himself to drink some, as much as to be polite as to quench any thirst he had.

Once he had completed his meal he approached one of the NCOs of their new host. In his best Polish he said, "Excuse me my friend, is there somewhere where we can freshen up? We have been travelling and fighting for many days, and could do with a wash."

If he receives a blank look he will try again in his basic Russian.

Assuming he received a positive response, he followed up with, "And also, we lost some equipment in our travels, and could use some rucksacks. Do you have any spare?"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:28, Mon 31 Jan 2011.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 353 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 12:49
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
With a look bordering disgust at having to use such a word, Thor finally struck gold.
"Helikopter! Glaðsheimr have helikopter!"
"Good, no?"

Maybe the General would take notice now...
"Sjåføren hurt. You have?"
He mimed holding a stick between his legs, leaning right and left as he moved the imaginary control.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1363 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 13:06
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Dieter Brandt:
Located his commander, he said "Herr Bayer, I have tried to make contact with the Queen, but cannot get through. My battery is low, so I gave up."


Bayer nods as Dieter makes his report, and replies quietly, "It's long ways back. We'll probably have to rig up a directional antenna if we can find a signaller in the 10th."

He then removes the batteries from his NVGs and radio to be passed on to Dawid to be charged.

Bayer then says aloud, "I like the idea of trying to turn some of the urban miltias to our side. However, I feel there we simply don't have the needed time to spare. It would also be incredibly dangerous with absolutely every attempt to make contact potentially ending up as another running breakout. There are too many unpredictable factors and risks - including giving up operational security."

"For those reasons, I think we should focus on direct action only - the infiltration and elimination of vital targets in the city core, coupled with larger scale efforts driving down from the north. And utilizing only the assets that we already have... or those we can rely on, such as Jan's support in Warsaw."
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 354 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 13:20
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Once the discussions were concluded, Thor turned his attention to scrounging. although it was unlikely he'd find any amongst the "enemy", the 10th TD was the best chance he'd had in a long time to score some more ammunition for Mjollnir.
While he was at it, he might as well find a battery charger, spare packs, blankets, cold weather clothing and a compass.

The Q store, or whatever passed for it around here was his best bet, so, with a run of his fingers through mud caked hair to make himself look presentable, off he went...

This message was last edited by the player at 13:21, Mon 31 Jan 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2265 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 13:58
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Cap'n Rae:
Much like his earlier attempt with the BTR, Dawid is unable to rig up a battery recharger using the old Ural truck's nearly worn out battery or ancient alternator. He avoids getting a nasty shock or acid burns during the build process, but, try as he might, the completed device does not appear to be passing a charge on to any of the radio or NVG batteries to which he attaches it.


Regretfully, Dawid passed all the batteries back.

"Sorry, I can't seem to do it with this old alternator. I'll have another look later, right now I just can't seem to get it to work."
Jan Cerny
 player, 873 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 20:34
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Cap'n Rae:
After a brief delay, Jan's contact spoke again in rapid-fire French, thick and dirty. "Acorn, I am happy to hear from you. The Baron is in quite a rage. He rounded up 100 civilians this afternoon and had every tenth one shot, for 'helping the foreign raiders', he said. He's getting desperate. My contact in Legion says there's talk of disarming the NATO company. The Polish fighters want to kill the Ukranians for a shooting earlier today. Some of the irregulars have disappeared on the west bank. A couple more were shot trying to cross over. If there was ever a time to strike, it is now. The only thing going in the Baron's favor is that his second tank is now operational. It's posted outside his HQ. The other is still at the old stadium. There's rumors that he may try to launch a big attack a hostile force up north. What is your status? OVER."

"We're deciding how to proceed." Jan replied in French over the radio.  He hated talking in the open like this but there wasn't time to arrange a face to face meeting so they had to rely on the Baron's forces being unable to understand French.  Tenuous but it would have to do for the moment!  "Are there any high priority targets we should know about?  What other AFVs does he have still besides the two tanks?  We've heard something about hostages being held somewhere but who are they?  Also, where is the Baron's HQ?  Over."

He know a lot of the answers to those questions already but it was worth checking with another source to corroborate their current intel.  He held off telling Acorn of the death of her husband for the moment.  He needed any information he could get from her at present!
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 10 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 21:12
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Matias Adamczyk:
Matias went with Piotr; he was already used to following the older Pole's instructions, and he respected Piotr's ability to lead the group effectively.

Matias pointed at the northernmost set of barracks, near the Castle construction site Piotr mentioned.  "This was my barracks.  There are 3 companies of troops stationed there.  2 volunteer and 1 conscript.  I don't think we'd be able to turn the volunteers, but ah..... maybe half of the conscripts would be interested in deserting, given a reason and a chance to get home."

He stepped back and thought for a moment.  Just when it seemed like he was done, he spoke again: "I always thought that the defenses near the nuclear zone were light.  According to this map, we could take the 634 southwest to Zabki, then pull off to side streets and drive right up to the Castle, or the Artillery Battery.  We'd have to skirt the nuclear zone, but it's not that close."


When Matias speaks Piotr marks out the locations and scrabbles a few words in the corner. With his finger he trails the route Matias is speaking about. He nods agreeingly. “When you're right about those defenses around the nuclear zone, that might be an option to consider, great report Matias.”

Craig Sutherland:
Craig finishes his food before moving towards Piotr and the map.

"It's getting into the city that is the stumbling block. That little system of lights was incredibility effective. We could use it to our advantage though, ambush the reaction force then in the confusion a "small" party could break away and head further into the city."


“Unfortunately I agree with you. Honestly how much I'd like to protect our less fortunate comrades I have no clue as to how to accomplish that.”

Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz walked over to the new members of the unit and said, "Are there any other questions you have about what we've done? It looks like we'll be going back into combat soon so you might not have the chance again."


Piotr looked at Mariusz it was a friendly gesture and he was right they really did not know much about this group on the other hand that obviously went both ways.

“Thank you... Mariusz, that's your name right? I'm really interested in your stories,but I think if we're in combat soon, it's better you lot get to know us first and figure out how we best fit in, maybe share some basic SOP. You all have worked as a cohesive unit and we're the new guys on the block. Best to get to know the new guys, survive the next battle, and share our stories over a campfire afterward.” The last words even came with a little smile.

Suddenly Piotr appears to reconsider his last words, maybe there was one question.

“One think I was wondering about though, the one that did the talking ” pointing at Jan or if out of sight the general direction where he was last seen “mentioned a female contact in Warsaw during the meeting. Do you know anything about that? Maybe this contact can help arranging the diversion we need”

When the commanders reconvened Piotr made sure he was there with the updated map.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:13, Mon 31 Jan 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2175 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 00:08
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw

A messenger- one of the Russians by the looks of him- entered the farmhouse and spoke quietly with General Koronev. Johnstone was there in a flash.

The General laughed but his face expressed some worry. His announcement to those gathered marked the resumption of the evening planning conference.

"Apparently, this Baron Czarny has sent an envoy of sorts to Wyszkow- a van mounted with large speakers. He has asked my men to join his Black Legion. He offers food and shelter. My men are loyal, but many of them are no longer thinking with their heads. With night coming on, some of them might take the opportunity to slip off and see what's on the menu in Warsaw. Czarny is a cunning bastard, to be sure. I will need to return soon to make sure that I have a division in the morning. I would like you to come with me. Perhaps if my men see some of our new allies, they will be less inclined to consider throwing in their lot with the Baron."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:13, Tue 01 Feb 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2176 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 00:20
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Jan Cerny:
"We're deciding how to proceed." Jan replied in French over the radio.  He hated talking in the open like this but there wasn't time to arrange a face to face meeting so they had to rely on the Baron's forces being unable to understand French.  Tenuous but it would have to do for the moment!  "Are there any high priority targets we should know about?  What other AFVs does he have still besides the two tanks?  We've heard something about hostages being held somewhere but who are they?  Also, where is the Baron's HQ?  Over."


"Well, the Baron's palace, his motor pool, and the granary are all important targets. The hostages are civilians chosen for various reasons to live under guard near the Baron's palace. He keeps them to discourage active dissent.

AFVs must be armored vehicles? Last I saw, which was two days ago, he had the two tanks, three light tanks, two tracked infantry carriers- one of which can swim apparently- and three armored cars. He also has one canon. He used to have two but rumor has it that he lost one."

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1365 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 01:03
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Cap'n Rae:
"I will need to return soon to make sure that I have a division in the morning. I would like you to come with me."


Bayer nods, signaling agreement, and says, "We're ready." He then adds, "There are some things my team could benefit from that your unit may be able to assist with."

He lists only two of the basics, not wanting to overwhelm the officer with more than his meager force could provide, "We need batteries charged - and somebody with radio communications training to help setup a long range directional antenna with some wire."

Bayer then turns to the NCOs and says, "Get everyone ready. We'll be leaving shortly."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:04, Tue 01 Feb 2011.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 355 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 02:18
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Leaving was good. They had a truck to carry them and spare their weary feet. Moving to the main body of the Division might make finding the odds and ends he was after easier too.
Quickly ready, he offered his assistance where needed.
"Ready Magni? Need help Sunna?"
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 12 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 02:34
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Matias was pretty sure that Thor had called him 'Magni'.  He looked at the large man skeptically, wondering if a correction would be worthwhile.....

"I am Matias," he said slowly in Polish, then German and English.  Surely the man had to speak one of the 3 languages?

Other than the oddity with the Norweigan, Matias was sad to go.  The food had been wonderful, much better than the Baron's mess tent.  When there even was a mess or food provided, that is.  If he understood everything going on around them, maybe he should tell the Russians that.  They might get a meal or two, but then they'd be the Baron's dogs; only fed at his leisure.

Matias supposed he'd get used to this nomadic lifestyle.  He grabbed his pack and went along with the group to join the Russians.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 197 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 02:38
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
"Is the envoy still here?"
Craig Sutherland
 player, 306 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 05:47
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Piotr Pawlowski:
“Unfortunately I agree with you. Honestly how much I'd like to protect our less fortunate comrades I have no clue as to how to accomplish that.”


"We will just have to make any attack during daylight. We learned that most of the housing is empty during the day. If we where able to get the APC running well and make a fake turret we could use it to gain entry to the centre of the city. Make out we are black guard troops"

"It would require a lot of luck and some good acting on your part, but I believe it could be done."


Cap'n Rae:
"Apparently, this Baron Czarny has sent an envoy of sorts to Wyszkow- a van mounted with large speakers. He has asked my men to join his Black Legion. He offers food and shelter. My men are loyal, but many of them are no longer thinking with their heads. With night coming on, some of them might take the opportunity to slip off and see what's on the menu in Warsaw. Czarny is a cunning bastard, to be sure. I will need to return soon to make sure that I have a division in the morning. I would like you to come with me. Perhaps if my men see some of our new allies, they will be less inclined to consider throwing in their lot with the Baron."


"Intelligence gathering more then anything else. They should be captured or attacked, though it does give us another avenue of approach. A fair more dangerous one mind you. We could play a deserter group, several people in the group speak passable Russian we could even take a couple from the 10th with us ?"

Konrad Bayer:
Bayer then turns to the NCOs and says, "Get everyone ready. We'll be leaving shortly."


With no concrete plan in place Craig gets ready to go. Most of his diminished gear is close at hand so he begins another task he was meaning to complete.

Taking out one of the 30 round mags in his PLCE he empties the ammunition into a plastic bag and begins inspecting each round. He then takes his bayonet and cuts off some the copper casing on the bullet exposing the tip of the lead core. Finally he scores the tip of the lead and reloads it in the magazine. He does this with the four 30 round magazine and the six 45 round mags he is currently carrying. It passes the time on the truck ride.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:48, Tue 01 Feb 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 875 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 11:02
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Cap'n Rae:
"Well, the Baron's palace, his motor pool, and the granary are all important targets. The hostages are civilians chosen for various reasons to live under guard near the Baron's palace. He keeps them to discourage active dissent.

AFVs must be armored vehicles? Last I saw, which was two days ago, he had the two tanks, three light tanks, two tracked infantry carriers- one of which can swim apparently- and three armored cars. He also has one canon. He used to have two but rumor has it that he lost one."

"Thanks for the intel.  It will prove useful in fighting the Baron." Jan replied to Acorn, continuing in French, and making some mental notes of the information she was giving him.  He then paused for a couple of seconds before continuing.  He felt indebted to her for the information she had given freely and he felt that he had to give her something in return, even if it was bad news.  “Before I sign off for the moment I must give you some sad news.  Labędź was killed a few weeks ago, not long after I met up with him.  I’m sorry for your loss and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I felt that you deserved to know.”

Jan avoided telling her any details of her husband’s death – she didn’t need to know that the warlord who had had her husband executed, along with the other seven members of Jan’s French Foreign Legion team, had made an example of them.  The warlord’s men had stripped them, strung them up from trees and then disembowelled them, even the dead Legionnaires who had been killed during the fighting before they were captured.  It had been a statement to the people he dominated!

After another pause Jan continued.

“I will contact you again and help where I can.  Labędź planned to get you out of Warsaw and the country and I will see what I can do with that.  Getting you out of Warsaw should still be possible, assuming that that is something that you still wish to do.  Anyway, I will contact you again when I can and hopefully we can meet up.”



The radio conversation completed Jan returned to the main room where the others were to update them on what he had found out.  He addressed his report to Konrad but spoke loud enough for all present to hear.

“My contact says that the Baron is extremely angry.  Earlier on today executed ten civilians at random for helping the foreign raiders.  He is apparently talking of disarming his NATO company, the Polish troops want to kill the Ukrainians over friction between the two groups and some of his militia have started deserting.  He has shot some deserters to make a point but my guess is that the morale of the majority of his troops is still very bad.  There is a rumour that he may launch a big attack against a hostile force to the north of Warsaw but that sounds like propaganda designed to make him sound more powerful than he really is.”

“I have been told that he now has two tanks operational, one positioned outside his HQ and the other positioned at the old stadium.  As of two days ago he is reported as having those two tanks, three light tanks, two tracked infantry carriers, one of which is apparently amphibious, three armoured cars and one canon, which is probably the other D-30 howitzer.  Now we have done some serious damage to that count of vehicles so if it is accurate then we have knocked out most of his armoured vehicles besides the two MBTs.”

“I have not been able to identify any further priority target locations apart from the ones that we already know.  My contact was able to tell me that the people held as hostages are civilians chosen for a variety of reasons in an attempt to discourage active dissent.”

Jan then turned to General Koronev and switched to Polish.

“General, if you have any spare rockets for an RPG-7 I think that we still have a launcher and some AT capability would be good if we’re going tank hunting!”

Once someone brought Jan up to speed regarding the Baron’s offer to recruit some of the 10th Jan added a comment of his own.

“General, it would be worth telling your men of the Baron’s losses and his distrust of his own troops.  Should they choose to join him they would probably find themselves disarmed and either executed or used as forced labour!”

This message was last edited by the player at 11:28, Tue 01 Feb 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 873 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 18:15
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Mariusz grabbed his kit and smiled at the others, "We're off again, you'll get used to it, so far since I've been in the group I've ridded on bikes, trikes, trucks and tanks as well as tugs and boats, all I need is a train and a plane to get the whole set!"
Monika Sawicki
 player, 78 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 21:03
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Monika took a break to get some of the stew and awful beer.  Monika learned early that you didn't turn down a chance to eat.  After all, you never knew from where your next meal would be coming.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 357 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 23:52
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #63):

"Horse. Cart. Máni forget," he chipped in with a wink.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2177 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 00:12
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Thor Halgeirsen:
With a look bordering disgust at having to use such a word, Thor finally struck gold.
"Helikopter! Glaðsheimr have helikopter!"
"Good, no?"

Maybe the General would take notice now...
"Sjåføren hurt. You have?"
He mimed holding a stick between his legs, leaning right and left as he moved the imaginary control.


The general watches and listens as Thor does his heli-dance. He can't help himself but smile a bit as the large, hirsuit barbarian tries to communicate with the others. The man is odd in any language.

[In Russian]"Is he trying to tell us that he has a helicopter? That seems like something you would have mentioned already."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1009 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 00:29
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Robert gets up and shouts for his team to assemble.  "MY PEOPLE, ON ME!"

Once they all gather from around the camp, "OK, we're going to be pulling out of here pretty soon.  Gather up whatever you can and I'll have to check on any extra packs to see if we're lucky enough to get any.  Make sure yer kits are ready to go.  That's all I got for now so, just be ready to move out quickly once the ball gets rolling!"

Once he disperses from his team gathering, he will approach Konrad, "Hey boss, we get any spare packs from these guys?"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1366 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 02:01
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Once he disperses from his team gathering, he will approach Konrad, "Hey boss, we get any spare packs from these guys?"


Bayer shakes his head as he throws his tac vest over his parka, "I don't know Robert. I'll leave the logistics and administration to you and the other NCOs to handle."
Jan Cerny
 player, 876 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 13:52
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
Cap'n Rae:
[In Russian]"Is he trying to tell us that he has a helicopter? That seems like something you would have mentioned already."

After this was translated for Jan he offered an explanation to the General.

“Some kind of observation helicopter landed at Gora Kalwaria shortly before we left,” he replied in Polish.  “The pilot was wounded and the passenger died shortly after joining us.  I think that the villagers still have the helicopter but I do not believe that it has any weapons mounted or much fuel.”

Switching to English he spoke to Konrad, though not privately.  “Capitaine, what are our immediate objectives?  Are we going tank hunting?  If we are then we need some more AT weapons!”

As the discussion neared its end Jan got all of his gear ready to move out and also asked Monika to redress his wounded arm.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 11 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 17:21
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
When sergeant Tucker called out for his squad Piotr tapped Janek and Lech on their shoulders pointing at their assigned NCO. “ You better join him, he said.”

Stuffing the map back into his vest, he collected his kit, throwing it into the back of the truck before looking for Dawid and the rest of the squad helping out where possible.

Catching Matias’s eyes and could guess his thoughts. Having fought on the move for most of the war since ’96, Piotr was used to the constant travel, but he could imagine how this was on the young lad. putting a hand on the young man’s shoulder he voiced  “You’ll get used to it my young friend. Eventually you’ll learn to sleep while on the move” adding almost laughing when he recalled a prank he once played on his truckload of passengers “If the driver lets you that is.”
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 359 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 23:12
Re: Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #69):

"Sokol. Double you 3 Sokol," he added with feeling.
"Lift, strong. No look helikopter. Strong."
He held his arms out to his sides to indicate something large and powerful.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2178 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 23:32
Ambush!

Wednesday, October 25th, 2000
2130 hrs.
34F
clear skies; slight breeze from the northwest
Jackowo Gorne, 6.5km west of Wyszkow, Poland



The sun has set, leaving darkness and renewed cold in its stead.

With the general anxious to return to his men, especially in light of the increased risk of desertion created by the Baron's latest gambit, the party climbs aboard the Ural (the general and his party piles into a civilian sedan) and the tiny convoy heads for Wyzckow, with the general's motorcycle riding messenger on point. The Serock contingent heads the opposite direction, back to their homes after having established a tentative agreement to reconvene the planning conference- either in Serock, Wyszkow, or Jackowo Gorne- in the morning.

You drive about 6km east down the 62, rolling through fallow fields, mostly denuded of snow, and passing a few abandoned homes.

It occurs to you that this dark stretch of straight rural road, just a few kilometers north of the Baron's fiefdom, would make a pretty good place for an ambush.

It's at that moment that gunfire rakes the three-vehicle column. Green tracers leap from the darkness to the south and streak past you in a pyrotechnic display of supersonic death metal. The steady hum of the Ural's old engine is drowned out by the staccato snare drumbeat of automatic weapon's fire. It's all you can do not to loose your bowels. The evening's hot meal feels like a lump of iron dropping suddenly from your belly down to your genitals.

The tracers are blazing past from south to north. Up ahead, the motorcycle is down in a shower of sparks, its rider lost in the darkness somewhere on the side of the road. The general's sedan swerves into the ditch on the north side of the road, where it clumsily crashes to a halt.

In the cargo bed of the Ural, several of you are showered with blood and bits of skull and brain matter as someone on the right side bench is struck in the head. You're pretty sure it's one of the new guys- Lech or Teo or Janek- but it's hard to remember with all of the incoming gunfire. You estimate that at least 10 men are lighting you up with at least one LMG and several automatic rifles. The dead man lurches forward and falls face-first on to the deck, his ass sticking up in the air. Bullets punch through the Ural's thin skin or ricochet off into the darkness.

It occurs to you that this is how the Spider relief detail must have felt as you cut them to pieces just 24 hours ago.

Vita [NPC'ed] is driving.


Next Moves?


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...38,0.016469&z=17

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:48, Wed 02 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1368 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 23:46
Re: Ambush!
"Stop the truck! STOP!" Bayer shouts to the Vita. Then over his shoulder to the men in the bed, he yells, "Dismount! Dismount! Out out out!"

Bayer will then exit the vehicle, waiting only as long as it takes for it to slow to a safe speed (not stopped). He'll then drop into a prone position facing the enemy.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:02, Thu 03 Feb 2011.

Minh Quyen
 player, 544 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 00:12
Re: Ambush!
Quyen was just starting to nod off when the violence up ahead startled her. Tightening her hold around her rifle, she climbs over the truck's bed rails and holds on with her other arm. She watches the snowy ground passing by, judging when can let go and then does so. Then once she's off of the truck, Quyen will find a low firing position.

Quyen
AK74 (30/30)
Evacuating over the side
Tucker's Team

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 199 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 00:18
Re: Ambush!
Jeff had been sound asleep in the left side of the truck when the ambush had commenced.  Instantly awake, he watches as the car carrying both of his bosses swerves off the road.  He curses, and expects to feel the truck to accelerate through the ambush.  As Konrad orders it to slow instead, Jeff prepares for a dismount over the North side.  As soon as it's slow enough to be safe, Jeff is out and over, and instantly in the ditch on the north side of the road.

"I'm going to get the men out of the car and into cover!" he shouts over the incoming fire and still running truck engine.  With that, he crawls his way to the sedan.  Keeping below the lip and away from the bullets.


Jeff Warren
Crawling to Sedan to check passengers/throw them into cover
AK-103 [30/30]

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 362 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 00:26
Re: Ambush!
Thor reacted fast for somebody who moments ago had been bordering sleep.
Mjollnir remained on the truck floor, Gríðarvölr taking it's place in Thor's hands as it spat lead back in the direction of the incoming tracers.

"GO, GO, GO!!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, attempted to drown out anyone ordering a halt and hoping that the drivers training to hit the accelerator and push through would take precedence.

Thor "The Thunderer"
Fire bursts at suspected ambusher location
Wz.88 Tantal/BG-1 (30/30)/(1/1HE) + 3x30 / 2xHE ("Gríðarvölr")
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (2/10) + 3x10 + 1x7
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (14/15) + 3x15 ("Fatle")
M-26A1 hand grenade, x2
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

This message was last edited by the player at 02:05, Fri 04 Feb 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1010 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 00:42
Re: Ambush!
Tucker watches as the person hits the floor and grabs his shit and shouts out, "GET OUT!  FUCKIN' DISPLACE AND GET SOME RETURN FIRE BACK!"

Tucker gets out behind Minh and tries to move with her to find some cover and get some fire back on the ambushers from the other side of the road.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [BUCK SHOT] - {SAFE/SLUNG BACK Rt. Side)} {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'OFF' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[1] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag}

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
[1] M-16 mag (BDU Pocket [18/30])

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland (remove upon use)

This message was last edited by the player at 01:02, Thu 03 Feb 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 79 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 03:20
Re: Ambush!
    The medic snagged her backpack and rolled out of the back of the truck.  She ran for what she took as cover.  Knowing that muzzle flashes are a terrific indicator of where you are, Monika drew her suppressed PB/6P9 and looked for someone to shoot.


Monika Sawicki
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra mag
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 3 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (18/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra mags
Waiting for target

This message was last edited by the player at 03:21, Thu 03 Feb 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 13 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 05:04
Re: Ambush!
Matias is knocked out the back of the truck in the commotion and lands in a sprawl.  With the adrenaline pumping, he barely feels it though.  He flips over and begins to crawl, trying to get to the southern edge of the road and any available cover.

Matias
PM-63 (25/25) + 4 extra mags, all (25/25)
Seeking cover

Craig Sutherland
 player, 310 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 07:27
Re: Ambush!

When the firing starts Craig drops to the floor of the truck bed. As quickly as he can he moves to the opposite side of the incoming fire and when the truck slows he will clamber over the side. He tries to land on his good leg falling into a crouch beside the rear wheels. Once on the ground Craig will use the ditch to the side of the road for cover. He flips down the Russian NVG's and tries to ID targets

He will begin to return fire, short bursts at the support weapons if he is able to I.D them. Once he hears Dawids order Craig will use the road and ditch to move as fast as his leg allows to the Generals car.

Small edit to reflect the OOC decision


Assault squad
Getting out of the truck

AK-74/BG-15 (37/45) + 4x45 (1/1 HE) + 1x40mm HE- held at shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6

This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Thu 03 Feb 2011.

Dieter Brandt
 player, 329 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 09:00
Re: Ambush!
Dieter had been wide awake when the firing started. He never slept well, and had rested most of the day so couldn't sleep in the battered truck on the equally batter road. As Konrad was in the process of giving the order to move, he was already half out the back of the Ural. He hit the ground running, sprinting to the south as hard as he could.

After covering 50 metres or so he hit the ground and kept crawling for another few metres, before bringing his SVU-AS to his shoulder and deploying the bipod. He calmed his breathing and looked for targets in the gloom.

Dieter Brandt
Running South approx 50m then taking cover. Prone, looking for targets
SVU-AS with bipod, 10/10

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2268 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 13:08
Re: Ambush!
Before they left, Dawid made a count of how many backpacks they needed by physically going around and counting.




Dawid short-circuited Thor's bellowing by poking his head into the cab and calmly saying to Vita, the driver, "please stop and exit the vehicle, now," in Polish.

"Out, out, out!" he yelled in Polish, knowing Konrad had already covered the English part of the spectrum. He switched back to English.

"You shut the fuck up, Thor, and get the fuck out now!" Resisting the urge to kick the larger (but not by much) man in the ass to encourage him to follow his orders, Dawid grabbed the PKM and spare ammo can and bailed out the right side of the truck. It was the one closer to fire but there was no guarantee of safety on the far side.

"Sutherland! Take the rest of the group and help Tucker get the General out of the car!" "Follow Sutherland! Follow Sutherland!" The Poles in his group may or may not understand they needed to follow Sutherland, but that wasn't his problem now. When they got the chance, he intended to at least get most or all the Poles under his command, so he didn't have to keep repeating himself.

After gathering himself, he then ran in a crouch across the road to set up the PKM on the far side.


Dawid Piotrowski

PKM GPMG (100/45)
Ural, then right (south) side of road.
Telling Vita to stop, then bailing out right side of Ural, moving across road.

Jan Cerny
 player, 880 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 16:30
Re: Ambush!
Jan had been sleeping when the truck was ambushed.  The pain from his wounded arm was now a dull, repetitive throb unless he knocked it and so tiredness had caught up with him.  He was jolted awake as the truck came under fire and the shot of pain through his arm woke him up fully.

He scrambled off the back to the truck as quickly as possible, more falling out of the back than dismounting gracefully.  He spotted Konrad nearby, lying prone and aiming off to one side.

“My squad on the Captain and return fire!” Jan yelled in Polish as he dived down beside his friend.  He quickly brought his rifle up to his shoulder and started scanning around for targets, firing single shots at any targets he could see.  It was dark though so if he couldn’t pick out anyone he lowered his rifle and pulled out his IR goggles so that he could try to identify targets.

That wasn’t the only option though so he said calmly to Konrad, in English.

“Capitaine, do you want ILLUM?”


Jan
Diving prone near to Konrad
Scanning for targets and firing single shots if he can see some or getting out his IR goggles if he can’t
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 874 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 17:23
Re: Ambush!
Mariusz blinked as hot blood splashed across his face and a shard of the dead man's skull scoured his cheek, a firey score of pain amrking its passage over his flesh.

More death, more fighting, people were dying so fast that he wasn't even able to know their name. He saw a blur as his companions new and old started to fly from teh death-dealing fire from the ambush. They needed time to get into cover and return fire, time they wouldn't get if the enemy knew their buisness.

Mariusz stood in the rear of the truck and turned to face the strobing flashes that indicated the enemy's rough position. He raised the AK-74 to his shoulder and pulled the trigger of the grenade launcher, sending a HE grenade in the general direction of the enemy position. Once the grenade was launched, he squeezed the trigger of the rifle and sent automatic fire blazing back toward the ambushers.

Mariusz continued to fire, yelling his defiance and hoping to buy his friends enough time to get to safety.
Viktorya Nowak
 player, 41 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 17:29
Re: Ambush!
Vita knew one thing, stopping in the kill zone was not a good idea.  She basically ignored the shouts to stop, at least initially.  She was not the best infantry soldier, but she had intelligence and more importantly common sense.  A moving target would be harder to hit.  She floored it until they were a couple of hundred meters out of the kill zone before bringing it to a stop in the woodline as close as she could get without crashing or hopefully being stuck so the troops could dismount and possibly flank the enemy ambushers.  She was not trained in executive protection, so the fact that the general was stuck did not even occur to her.  She could have stopped and backed up, but that would be more time on the "X" that wasn't worth it.  She made her decision.  Everyone could Monday Morning Quarterback later.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 12 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 20:05
Re: Ambush!
At the first sound of gunfire Piotr's grip on his gun tightened. Some blood splatter hit his face but he ignored it. Adrenaline and experience had taken over.

Hearing the captain order the truck to stop he crouched, preparing to move over the side as soon as the vehicle speed allowed for a safe landing. To his surprise though the vehicle instead of decelerate did just the opposite. Not only surprising him, but obviously everyone acting on the CO's orders.

Cursing loud polish words, especially questioning the sanity of women driving and women stubbornness getting people killed, he looked for the best spot of cover before he followed Mariusz example and started putting fire on the enemy.

Piotr Pawlowski
On the truck
SVD  [10/10]
Take cover on truck before taking aimed shots at enemies based on gun flashes if none visible.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2270 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 00:44
Re: Ambush!
In reply to Viktorya Nowak (msg #85):

The sound of the truck behind him speeding up made Dawid whip his head around in shock. Where the fuck is she going? Did someone actually listen to Thor? That's a first! Well, no time to ponder the implications, just deal with the situation.

Looking around he noticed it wasn't Tucker who was going for the car but Warren. He could correct that.

"Correction! My group, go with Warren to the General! GO WITH WARREN!"
He pointed in the correct direction.

It seemed none of the other Poles thought to get out, a black eye on his people, but at least he didn't have to repeat himself. At least his friend Woj was alive and with him. "Woj, come here and help me. Look for anti-personnel fragmentation mines."

Once set up he started returning fire.


Dawid Piotrowski

PKM GPMG (100/243)
Ural, then right (south) side of road.
Telling Vita to stop, then bailing out right side of Ural, moving across road.

Firing bursts at ambushers.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:52, Fri 04 Feb 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2185 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 00:36
Re: Ambush!

Ural

Heedless of the enemy fire striking all around him, Mariusz stands up in the bed of the slowly rolling Ural and begins to return fire, sending a hastily aimed 40mm S HE grenade towards the enemy firing line. Before the grenade impacts, Mariusz is felled by a powerful body-blow. He crumples to the floor next to the ambush's first casualty, trying to catch his breath and assess the damage. To his surprise, it appears the bullet that struck him in the midsection was stopped by a combination of two of his AK-74 magazines and his Russian para's flack vest (Mariusz -1 40mm S HE; -2 full magazines damaged).

Thor also attempts to return fire. He's able to squeeze off two rounds before he too is knocked down by a ricochet to the abdomen. The bullet is bled of much of its energy as it passes through the filthy hides and winter jacket in which Thor is clad and it fails to puch through the pasty white flesh of his belly and into his abdomen. Nevertheless, he's knocked down by the impact and gasping for breath. (Thor -2 rounds) (Thor: slight wound to belly)

Piotr crouches down behind the truck's thin side wall and tries to pick out a muzzle flash through the narrow field of view afforded by his SVD's scope. He's able to line up a target just before the truck lurches forward and he fires a single shot. The Ural's sudden acceleration tugs at the long barrel of the Dragunov, and he has to struggle to remain upright AND hold on to the rifle. As the truck continues to pick up speed, he finds that it's almost impossible to line up another aimed shot through the scope. (Piotr -1 round)

The other Poles still aboard the Ural are unable to return fire because of the pile-up of bodies- living and dead- quickly building in the bed of the truck.

After the initial shock of the sudden ambush, and the brief cognitive and vehicular slow-down it causes, Vita puts the pedal to the metal, accelerating through the kill zone. The truck races past the shot-up sedan (to its left) and bumps over something (or someone) lying in the road near the overturned motorbike. The truck handles about as well as it did before the ambush, probably indicating that it hasn't sustained any damage to its engine or tires.

Roadside

Screened by the slowly rolling truck- which is drawing the lion's share of the inicoming fire- most of the dismounts scramble for cover in the shallow roadside ditch furthest from the enemy. Warren immediately starts crawling towards the sedan, stopped in the same ditch about 35m up ahead. There's movement inside and the rear passenger side door pops open. One of the general's bodyguards crawls out headfirst dragging something or someone behind him (it/he is still in the back seat, at this point).

Dieter takes the opposite tack and charges south, towards the right (west) end of the enemy's linear ambush in attempt to single-handed flank it. It's a bold move but it almost costs him his life. Dieter feels as if he's run straight into a fense cross-beam set at stomach level. He stops dead in his tracks and falls to the ground, the wind knocked completely out of him. He struggles to breath, fighting back panic. Clutching at his stomach, he reflexively yanks his hand back after cutting and burning it on something jagged and hot.  (Dieter: slight wound to right hand; slight wound to abdomen)

Jan and Dawid attempt to wring order from the chaos, issuing orders and looking for clear-cut targets at which to return fire. By the time they've set up their weapons (Jan is slowed by his arm wound), the enemy fire has stopped.

Minh, Tucker, Matias and Monika also find cover and begin searchng for targets. Once again, by the time they are situated behind meager cover and oriented towards the enemy, the incoming fire has ceased. Craig reopens his leg wound while unassing from the truck and the renewed pain throbbing through his halmstring overwhelms him for a moment. By the time he's recovered enough to take offensive action, the firefight appears to be over.

The Ural is well past the kill-zone and no longer drawing any fire. The enemy, last seen some 60 yards away from where the dismounts are crouching or lying prone, has ceased firing. The flaring after-image of multipe muzzle flashes dance before your eyes (assuming you were looking at the enemy), making it difficult to see what's currenly going near the enemy's position. There's some movement there, but it appears that the hostile force is now moving away from you.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:31, Sat 05 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1371 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 01:32
Re: Ambush!
Jeff D. Warren:
"I'm going to get the men out of the car and into cover!"


Bayer heard this the very moment he was about the shout the same thing to the very same person. Pleased the man shared the same concern as him, he silently wished him on.

Jan Cerny:
“Capitaine, do you want ILLUM?”


"Illumination!" Bayer calls from the side of the ditch. When the flare is launched, Bayer will keep one eye closed to maintain his night vision.

He'll then assess the situation and for the moment to advance. While waiting, he inserts a 40mm HE round into his launcher and shouts to the rest of the dismounted team when he hears the pop of the illum round overhead, "Targets front... 75 meters... rapid fire!"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:08, Sat 05 Feb 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 311 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 02:08
Re: Ambush!


Stifling the urge to yell out, Craig rolls off the road and into the ditch. He tries to orient himself towards the enemy. He realises that he can not respond to Dawids order to move towards the generals position so prepares to fire from where he is.

He waits for the ordered flare to be fired as he raises his AK's muzzle and prepares to fire the grenade launcher at the lead enemy infantry.


Support Group
Firing GL on lead infantry

AK-74/BG-15 (37/45) + 4x45 (1/1 HE) + 8x40mm HE- held at shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 875 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 12:04
Re: Ambush!
Mariusz lay on the bed of the truck breathing heavily. He clutched at his chest and felt the bent and twisted magazines that had helped save his life. He dug deeper and found the distorted bullet that, but for a twist of fate, would have taken his life.

He remained on the floor of the truck and slipped the spent bullet into a pocket before reloading the grenade launcher and looking around to see what was happening.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2272 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 13:01
Re: Ambush!
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #88):

Crossing himself for his miraculous luck, he noticed Monika was nearby. He yelled in Polish, "Monika, go see to the General in his car, now!"

Konrad Bayer:
"Illumination!" Bayer calls from the side of the ditch. When the flare is launched, Bayer will keep one eye closed to maintain his night vision.

He'll then assess the situation and for the moment to advance. While waiting, he inserts a 40mm HE round into his launcher and shouts to the rest of the dismounted team when he hears the pop of the illum round overhead, "Targets front... 75 meters... rapid fire!"


"Yes sir! Firing!"

He started firing 5-round bursts in the direction that Konrad indicated when the flare went up.


Dawid Piotrowski

PKM GPMG (100/243)
South side of road.
Firing bursts: suppressive fire

This message was last edited by the player at 13:32, Sun 06 Feb 2011.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 13 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 13:12
Re: Ambush!
Recovering from the changed situation Piotr lowers his gun and evaluates their position. Quickly moving  to the cap of the truck he slams his hand hard against it hoping this will get Vita’s attention.

“ Stop moving !!” he shouts out to the female driver.

Waiting for the truck to decelerate he  observes the bed. This is the first time he recognizes the previous owner of the fresh blood covering part of his clothes. Poor Janek. But there was no time for mourning.  Looking at the others he notices how the big Viking seemed to be injured. He wanted to move over to him checking his condition, but there was no time for that now.

“Prepare to dismount!!” he shouts to the others “Form a line to the south”  pointing his arm in the general direction of the southern roadside ditch.

Piotr Pawlowski
On the truck
SVD  [9/10]
Ordering truck to stop and passengers to dismount and take position to the south side of the road. He'll act on these instructions when the truck has slowed enough.

Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 366 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 14:21
Re: Ambush!
Staggered and somewhat surprised at the pain blossoming in his abdomen, Thor took a moment to gather himself. The incoming fire had disappeared as expected as the truck had moved out of the kill zone, but two thirds of the unit had, strangely, jumped overboard and remained in serious danger.
And then he noticed the enemy had ceased firing entirely, even though they still held the upper hand and had many viable, and valuable targets within their sights.

A few gasped breaths later and Thor was ready for action, sore, but certainly not sorry. Once again his divinity had saved him from serious harm.

He laid the Tantal/GL aside, careful to avoid the pooling blood and gore before retrieving Mjollnir. Lying in the bed of the truck, he flicked on Megingjord and through it's green monochrome searched for the Døkkálfar.

Piotr Pawlowski:
“Prepare to dismount!!” he shouts to the others “Form a line to the south” pointing his arm in the general direction of the southern roadside ditch.

"Shut up." he replied calmly, his eye not leaving the sight.
"You no lead Polevik. Njörun lead."
"Check wounded."

Thor "The Thunderer"
Change to Barret. Lay in truck bed and search for enemy using telescope/light intensifying optics
Secondary task - assess situation of the PCs left in kill zone
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 2x10 + 1x9
Wz.88 Tantal/BG-1 (28/30)/(1/1HE) + 3x30 / 2xHE ("Gríðarvölr")
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (14/15) + 3x15 ("Fatle")
M-26A1 hand grenade, x2
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 14 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 15:22
Re: Ambush!
Matias was confused by the conflicting orders given by Dawid & Konrad.  Especially because now it was just Monika who was supposed to get to the car and see to the General.

Not knowing what else to do, he stood up and found himself a clear line of fire to where the muzzle flashes had come from.  He fired 2 bursts from his PM-63, trying his best to find targets.

Matias
Stand up, fire bursts at enemy position
PM-63 (25/25) + 4 extra mags, all (25/25)

Monika Sawicki
 player, 80 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 16:59
Re: Ambush!
     Monika heard firing coming from around her position.  She kept her PB/6P9 pistol out, looking for the enemy that the others were engaging.  As she waited, she tried to locate where the car from the small convoy ended its movement.

Monika Sawicki
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 3 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (18/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Waiting for target

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 202 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 18:43
Re: Ambush!
As the incoming fire ceases and the outgoing picks up, Jeff uses the opportunity to get up and close with the sedan faster.  He keeps an eye to the south nonetheless though.

Once at the car, he acts quickly.  "How bad?" he asks in Russian of the bodyguard.  He moves to get everyone out of the car and into cover.  As others show up, the Captain in him takes hold and he starts issuing orders to make sure they are safe and start first aid.  "Where is that Polish Medic?  Is she still in the truck?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2186 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 19:09
Re: Ambush!
Jeff D. Warren:
Once at the car, he acts quickly.  "How bad?" he asks in Russian of the bodyguard.  He moves to get everyone out of the car and into cover.  As others show up, the Captain in him takes hold and he starts issuing orders to make sure they are safe and start first aid.  "Where is that Polish Medic?  Is she still in the truck?"


By the time Warren arrives on scene, the bodyguard in the back seat has dragged the general out of the sedan and propped him against the car's left, rear wheel.

The bodyguard replies, "The general's been hit!" As if to correct him, Koronev adds, "It's nothing." He's clutching his right hip and, even in the dark, Warren can see that the hand pressed to the wound is covered in blood.

The driver's door opens and Johnstone tumbles out, crawling over the obviously dead driver during his clumsy exit. His face looks all wrong. He mumbles, "Vay fot be im my fuffin' fafe!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:13, Sat 05 Feb 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 884 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 19:39
Re: Ambush!
Following Konrad's orders Jan popped open his M203, removed the HE round inside, which he left on the ground next to him, and replaced it with a longer ILLUM round.  He then aimed up high above where Konrad seemed to be pointing and launched the grenade, hoping that the flare would reveal any fleeing targets.

He then aimed his rifle, intending on firing pairs of single shots at any targets that the ILLUM round revealed.


Jan
Lying prone near to Konrad
Loading an ILLUM round instead of a HE round in his M203, then launching the ILLUM round and finally firing pairs of single shots at any targets that the flare reveals
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 2x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Minh Quyen
 player, 547 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 20:11
Re: Ambush!
Once lying in a prone position facing the enemy's last known position Quyen waits for the flare to brighten the field. When it ignites, she'll fire 4 semi-automatic shots at the first target she sees.

Quyen
AK74 (26/30)
Firing 4 shots at any (one) target once the flare goes off
Prone next to the side of the road

This message was last edited by the player at 20:12, Sat 05 Feb 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2273 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 5 Feb 2011
at 22:02
Re: Ambush!
In reply to Monika Sawicki (msg #96):

Dawid paused in firing, noting Monika hadn't moved.

"MONIKA! FUCKING MOVE NOW! THE CAR"

Jesus Christ, we fucking Poles are useless. That's it. I'm moving to Hungary after the war, he thought as he resumed fire.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:00, Sun 06 Feb 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 204 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 04:11
Re: Ambush!
"Stay down, help is on its way." He says calmly to the General.  As the truck roars by, he swears softly then shouts "MEDIC!  Men down! MEDIC!"

As Johnstone stumbles out, he says "Jesus.  You weren't ever going to be poster boy anyway.  Try and control the bleeding.  The medic's are on their way, and it looks like the bad guys are running."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1011 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 06:42
Re: Ambush!
Cap'n Rae:
Roadside

Screened by the slowly rolling truck- which is drawing the lion's share of the inicoming fire- most of the dismounts scramble for cover in the shallow roadside ditch furthest from the enemy. Warren immediately starts crawling towards the sedan, stopped in the same ditch about 35m up ahead. There's movement inside and the rear passenger side door pops open. One of the general's bodyguards crawls out headfirst dragging something or someone behind him (it/he is still in the back seat, at this point).

Dieter takes the opposite tack and charges south, towards the right (west) end of the enemy's linear ambush in attempt to single-handed flank it. It's a bold move but it almost costs him his life. Dieter feels as if he's run straight into a fense cross-beam set at stomach level. He stops dead in his tracks and falls to the ground, the wind knocked completely out of him. He struggles to breath, fighting back panic. Clutching at his stomach, he reflexively yanks his hand back after cutting and burning it on something jagged and hot.  (Dieter: slight wound to right hand; slight wound to abdomen)

Jan and Dawid attempt to wring order from the chaos, issuing orders and looking for clear-cut targets at which to return fire. By the time they've set up their weapons (Jan is slowed by his arm wound), the enemy fire has stopped.

Minh, Tucker, Matias and Monika also find cover and begin searchng for targets. Once again, by the time they are situated behind meager cover and oriented towards the enemy, the incoming fire has ceased. Craig reopens his leg wound while unassing from the truck and the renewed pain throbbing through his halmstring overwhelms him for a moment. By the time he's recovered enough to take offensive action, the firefight appears to be over.

The Ural is well past the kill-zone and no longer drawing any fire. The enemy, last seen some 60 yards away from where the dismounts are crouching or lying prone, has ceased firing. The flaring after-image of multipe muzzle flashes dance before your eyes (assuming you were looking at the enemy), making it difficult to see what's currenly going near the enemy's position. There's some movement there, but it appears that the hostile force is now moving away from you.

Next Moves?

Tucker flips the safety 'OFF' on his M-16A2 and then moves to the M-203 mounted below the barrel preparing to reload the Buckshot round loaded in it's chamber with an HE round.  "Get ready to rock sweetie.  Set up a base of fire here, I'm moving up to the car." Tucker says to Minh as he reloads his grenade launcher.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
[1] M-16 mag (BDU Pocket [18/30])

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland (remove upon use)
Reloading M-203 with HE round, Buckshot round back to vest & getting ready to move towards Generals car

This message was last edited by the player at 06:48, Sun 06 Feb 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 81 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 13:13
Re: Ambush!
     At hearing the call for a medic, as well as Piotrowski's invitation to come to the party, Monika shrugged into her backpack.  Then, with her Doctor's bag in one hand and her pistol in the other, she bent over to present a smaller target as she hurried to the General's automobile.  As she scurried, she muttered to herself, "Next war, I'm not doing house calls."


Monika Sawicki
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 3 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (18/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Moving to the car against her better judgment

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2187 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 21:54
Re: Ambush!

Forcing his stiff, wounded left arm to work despite the throbbing pain and weakness, Jan loads his M203 with a long illumination round while most of his teammates prepare to return fire. (Jan -1 40mm N Illum)

The flare bursts low and short, dazzling the eyes of those standing by to fire. You catch just a glimpse of the top thirds of several human figures running away from you in the alternating flickering blue light and blacker-than-black shadows. Dawid espies one figure a little closer and more exposed than the others and stitches him with a line of green tracers. The target drops into the murky darkness of the furrowed field. Dawid follows up with two more bursts in the direction of the fleeing enemy, sending another string of green tracers chasing after them. (Dawid -15 rounds)

Thor, still in the back of moving Ural, attempts to find a target for Mjollnir through its night sight. The advanced NATO night optic automatically cuts out to avoid blinding its user as the blazing flare drops into its line of sight. An older night sight would have forced Thor to involuntarily pull away and blink away the fiery green afterimage seered into his dominant eye. The net effect is the same: Thor is unable to locate a target.(take your pick, Thor can't see a target this round.)

Vita (missed turn) has yet to respond to Piotr's calls to stop the truck. She continues to race towards the perceived shelter of the distant woodline, pulling further and further away from her hastily disembarked passengers. Piotr and the rest of his passengers can do little but hold on and wait for the ride to end.

Back in the road, Mattias, swept up in a wave of youthful enthusiasm, stands straight up in the shallow roadside ditch and sends a pair of short bursts towards the enemy. Minh joins in with four single shots. Neither can tell if their respective shots hit their marks. (Mattias -10 rounds; Minh -4 rounds)

Craig lobs a 40mm S HE grenade into the road just ahead of the fleeing enemy column. The momentary flash of the detonation was almost right on target. (Craig -1 40mm S HE). Tucker switches out a buckshot round for a high explosive one and tries to spot someone to drop it on.

The 40mm illumination round drifts down between you and the retreating enemy. Instead of making the bad guys easier to see, it makes it more difficult. Shadows dance all over from the strobing effect of the flare. It's like the fallow field has been transformed into a Euro-disco. It's almost impossible to see past the blazing flare. By the time it burns out, you can't see the enemy any more. They've either made good their escape or they've gone to ground somewhere out there in the darkness.

While their teammates fire on the fleeing enemy, Monika and Warren get to work on the wounded general while Johnstone sits there stunned, bleeding out of holes through both cheeks (the one in his right cheek is a neat little round hole; the one on the left is a jagged, gaping hole). Monika quickly assesses the general's wound in the dark. It doesn't look too bad. A rifle or LMG bullet- probably a heavier 7.62x39mm round- has lodged in his hip. At first glance, the bone doesn't appear to have been shattered. Based on the location of the wound, the bullet probably had to punch through the car door, bleeding off most of its kinetic energy in the process. It's really not bleeding that much but the general's hand is nevertheless covered in a dark sticky substance. A second look reveals only four fingers on the general's right hand. The ring finger appears to have been shot off.


Next Moves? 

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:14, Mon 07 Feb 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 15 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 03:49
Re: Ambush!
Matias looked to the leadership nervously for some direction.  He kept his weapon at the ready, but would only fire if he saw a definite target.

Matias
Waiting for targets and/or orders
PM-63 (15/25) + 4 extra mags, all (25/25)

Dieter Brandt
 player, 333 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 12:43
Re: Ambush!
Dieter rolled at the bullet struck him down. For a moment he was stunned. He had never actually been shot before, so the feeling was weird. He lay back for a second, and laughed. So that is what it feels like!

It was an eerie sound, but he couldn't control the giggling. He inspected his belly, before realising it wasn't serious, so rolled a few times to move away from where he had fallen. From a prone position he raised his rifle and scanned to see where the ambushers were located. Once he spotted them he took careful aim and sent some payback their way.

Dieter Brandt
To the west of the ambush party, sniping at any target that presents itself
SVU-AS with bipod, 10/10

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2276 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 13:21
Re: Ambush!
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #105):

Dawid continued to fire bursts at where he thought the fleeing enemy was located.


Dawid Piotrowski

PKM GPMG (85/243)
South side of road.
Firing bursts: suppressive fire

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 876 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 16:48
Re: Ambush!
Mariusz looked at their situation and at considered what Thor said to Piotr, he dragged himself over to Piotr and said, "Most of the people here are your crew, they'll listen to you first, call it as you see it and I'll follow, the Viking'll do as he bloody well likes anyway."

He readied himself and asked, "What are your orders?"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1374 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 17:19
Re: Ambush!
As the team chases off the ambushers with a few more volley's of gunfire, Bayer shouts, "Dawid! Take Woj and that machinegun and setup security at the crossroads."

"Sergeant Tucker, move in fifteen meters on south side of the road and stay low. Take Quyen, Sutherland, and Matius."

He's then about to send Jan and Dieter over to the motorcycle driver when he realizes the German isn't with him and the others. "Jan. I need you to find Brandt and then meet me at the car."

Bayer will then move to the Sedan and try to place the General's two men facing north and west - but farily still close to the vehicle. He expects them to cooperate but won't press it if they refuse.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:40, Mon 07 Feb 2011.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 14 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 22:08
Re: Ambush!
Piotr acted as if he hadn't even heard the bearded sniper. This was not the time and place to argue the obvious. He'd just work with it.

Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz looked at their situation and at considered what Thor said to Piotr, he dragged himself over to Piotr and said, "Most of the people here are your crew, they'll listen to you first, call it as you see it and I'll follow, the Viking'll do as he bloody well likes anyway."

He readied himself and asked, "What are your orders?"


“Assuming you're fit to jump, we'll dismount as soon as the truck stops and take cover in that ditch assess the situation and contact confirmed enemy targets if they present themselves”

Why wasn't this truck slowing down? Silently, his frustration had passed and now, Piotr started to wonder if Vita was just panicking. This was a frightening thought as they were sort of at her mercy right now. Again he slammed the cab hard with his open palm.

“ Nowak STOP !!”

He paused for just a moment before returning to Mariusz. "You stay close to me after we dismount. I need your experience with this unit's operations."

Piotr Pawlowski
On the truck
SVD  [9/10]
Trying to get the Truck to stop, dismount and take position when it does.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1012 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:15
Re: Ambush!
Cap'n Rae:
Back in the road, Mattias, swept up in a wave of youthful enthusiasm, stands straight up in the shallow roadside ditch and sends a pair of short bursts towards the enemy. Minh joins in with four single shots. Neither can tell if their respective shots hit their marks. (Mattias -10 rounds; Minh -4 rounds)

Craig lobs a 40mm S HE grenade into the road just ahead of the fleeing enemy column. The momentary flash of the detonation was almost right on target. (Craig -1 40mm S HE). Tucker switches out a buckshot round for a high explosive one and tries to spot someone to drop it on.

The 40mm illumination round drifts down between you and the retreating enemy. Instead of making the bad guys easier to see, it makes it more difficult. Shadows dance all over from the strobing effect of the flare. It's like the fallow field has been transformed into a Euro-disco. It's almost impossible to see past the blazing flare. By the time it burns out, you can't see the enemy any more. They've either made good their escape or they've gone to ground somewhere out there in the darkness.
Next Moves? 

As he reloads his M-203 launcher, Tucker notices that Matias looks like he's standing up and firing at the fleeing ambushers.  He yells out to him, "CHECK YER FIRE AND GET DOWN YOU STUPID SUNUVABITCH!"

=====================================================================

Konrad Bayer:
"Sergeant Tucker, move in fifteen meters on south side of the road and stay low. Take Quyen, Sutherland, and Matius."

"Not too sure 'bout Sutherland boss, I think he hurt himself falling out of the truck with the rest of us.  Me & Minh will move up and keep him behind us, just in case."

Tucker looks back over to Minh, "Change of plans ma'am!  Me you and Matias the Mad are going to move up and try and see what we can see.  I want a slow advance in case they're any booby traps in front of us.  I'm thinking 'no' since they would've popped them off during the ambush but, what the fuck do I know?  Let's get this over and done."

When ready, Tucker, Minh, & Matias move on the south side of the road about 15 to 20 meters and set up for observation of the immediate area.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
[1] M-16 mag (BDU Pocket [18/30])

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland (remove upon use)
Moving about 15-20 meters on the south side of the road and watching

This message was last edited by the player at 00:17, Tue 08 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1378 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:25
Re: Ambush!
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
"Not too sure 'bout Sutherland boss, I think he hurt himself falling out of the truck with the rest of us."


On his was to the sedan, Bayer turns and replies, "Hurt? Ok, scratch that. Just the three of you."

Bayer then walks back a bit to find the lieutenant. He'll then help Sutherland move down to the sedan with him.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2282 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:47
Re: Ambush!
Konrad Bayer:
As the team chases off the ambushers with a few more volley's of gunfire, Bayer shouts, "Dawid! Take Woj and that machinegun and setup security at the crossroads."

"Sergeant Tucker, move in fifteen meters on south side of the road and stay low. Take Quyen, Sutherland, and Matius."


Hearing Konrad, Dawid paused after firing a burst.

"Yes sir!

"C'mon, Woj. Let's go."


As Woj grabbed the spare ammo cans, he picked up the PKM and trotted down the road to the intersection.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM GPMG (85/243)
Road W of Intersection
Displacing East to Intersection

This message was last edited by the player at 10:00, Tue 08 Feb 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 16 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 04:35
Re: Ambush!
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
As he reloads his M-203 launcher, Tucker notices that Matias looks like he's standing up and firing at the fleeing ambushers.  He yells out to him, "CHECK YER FIRE AND GET DOWN YOU STUPID SUNUVABITCH!"


Matias's finger flys off the trigger, and he drops into a low crouch almost immediately.  He might be an American, but Tucker and Matias's old plutunowy sure spoke the same language!

After a deep breath to calm himself, he formed up on Tucker, preparing himself for the advance.  He follows along, and follows all orders.

Matias
Following Tucker on the advance southward
PM-63 (15/25) + 4 extra mags, all (25/25)

Craig Sutherland
 player, 312 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 04:50
Re: Ambush!

Craig flipped down his NVG's and tried to spot the fleeing men. He takes his time and switches his AK to semi Auto as he takes aimed shots at any enemy targets.


Konrad Bayer:
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
"Not too sure 'bout Sutherland boss, I think he hurt himself falling out of the truck with the rest of us."


On his was to the sedan, Bayer turns and replies, "Hurt? Ok, scratch that. Just the three of you."

Bayer then walks back a bit to find the lieutenant. He'll then help Sutherland move down to the sedan with him.


From behind his sights he answers Konrad:

"Popped my seam will be ok if I stay still. I can cover the advance if you want"
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 206 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 05:03
Re: Ambush!
Much better at taking lives than saving them, Jeff instead keeps Johnstone calm but alert while waiting for Monicka to finish with the general.

When she does get to the truck, he addresses Monicka humbly.  His Polish is understandable but the accent needs work, "Do you need assistance?  I'm not much good at first aid but I have steady hands.  In addition to the General, the American has also been shot through the cheeks.  He is alert but dazed."

If needed he helps out, but for the most part he tries to keep out of the way.  He says nothing as the others advance up the road, and instead waits for Konrad to arrive, translating for both the wounded Johnstone and the General as needed.  "Both the General and Captain Johnstone have been hit.  However they should both live."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1379 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 13:49
Re: Ambush!
Craig Sutherland:
From behind his sights he answers Konrad: "Popped my seam will be ok if I stay still. I can cover the advance if you want"


"Alright." Bayer replies, "You make the call."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 877 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 17:17
Re: Ambush!
Mariusz nodded at Piotr's instructions, "I got lucky, I'm good to go. I'll be ready when you are."
Jan Cerny
 player, 887 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 17:47
Re: Ambush!
Konrad Bayer:
He's then about to send Jan and Dieter over to the motorcycle driver when he realizes the German isn't with him and the others. "Jan. I need you to find Brandt and then meet me at the car."

"Oui Capitaine," replied Jan to Konrad's instructions.

Firstly however he ejected the expended ILLUM round from his M203 and reloaded the HE round that he had placed on the ground next to him after giving it a quick wipe to ensure that it wasn’t covered in dirt!  He knew that Dieter had climbed out of the truck with the rest of them when it had slowed briefly but he wasn’t sure where he had gone after that.  Before he moved out he quickly fitted his IR goggles and turned them on.

With his vision slightly improved Jan pushed himself up into a crouch and then started moving slowly westwards, back along the road.  His radio was turned off at present to conserve batteries and he suspected that the same was true of the manpack radio that Dieter carried, assuming that it wasn’t still on the back of the truck!

As he moved he glanced around, partly looking for Dieter and partly looking for any other enemy troops who might still be in the area.  He was ready to engage any threats that appeared.


Jan
Lying prone near to Konrad initially but moving
Turning on his IR Goggles and then moving westwards, searching for Dieter and any other threats.  If anything threatening appears he will fire a pair of single shots at them.
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

This message was last edited by the player at 17:49, Tue 08 Feb 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2192 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 23:58
Blue on Blue

Dawid prepares to fire another burst into the area where he last saw the enemy. A figure rises from the earth, a few meters to the right and a little ahead of the sputtering flare. Dawid can't help but to notice him. This definite target appears to be bringing a rifle to bear but with the odd lighting it's hard to tell who the shadowy figure is about to shoot at. Both men quickly bring their weapons to bear on the new target and open fire, Dawid with a short burst and Craig with three single shots. A tracer round disappears into the dark profile and slams it back into the earth. (Dawid -5 rounds)

With the target down, and no additional enemy in sight, Dawid and Woj pack up the PKM and its ammo and head for the crossroads. Craig limps along behind ready to provide the machinegun team with cover fire should they need it.

Almost as soon as Dieter sits up and lifts his rifle, he's slammed back down again by several essentially simultaneous hammer blows. He lies on his side, the cold, damp earth pressed hard against his face. He can't move or feel anything from the waist down but his head feels like a balloon that's being overinflated with air. Everything's gone dark- an utter blackness darker than the darkest night. No moon, no stars, no light of any kind. He sucks in a shallow, ragged breath. It sounds like someone's slurping the last few drops of liquid from a cup through a straw. Dieter knows that he's dying. (Dieter- mortally wounded)

The flare dies, leaving the field draped in darkness.

Tucker, Minh, and Matias cross the road and push south several meters. There's a body on the ground a little ahead of them and to their right. They can hear the wounded man struggling to breath from several meters away. Looking beyond the wounded enemy, the trio sees no further sign of their ambushers. It appears that the enemy force has beat feet out of the area in a literal interpretation of the classic hit-and-run attack.

There's been no enemy fire for the last minute or so. No enemy are visible in the field.

Meanwhile, Monika and Jeff attempt to treat the wounded general and his CIA "advisor". Johnstone is clearly in quite a bit of pain. He mumbles curses as he holds a field dressing against the left side of his ruined face.

"Fuf! Fuf! Vey fuffin' fop be, vuh fiffy muvafuffas! Fuh fuff fake, viv be fum fuffin' mofeem."

The general bears his less serious wounds with more stoicism.

"Please, help Johnstone first. I will be fine."

Further down the road, Vita [NPC'ed], encouraged by Piotr's forceful shouting, decides the truck is out of immediate danger and rapidly decelerates. The truck stops over 300m west of the crossroads. The last burst of gunfire you saw was a squirt of green tracers streaking from north to south- friendly fire. That was half-a-minute ago. It looks someone survived the ambush. With the flare extinguished, Thor could probably use his night optic to survey the area. Piotr, Mariusz, and the rest of the Polish squad dismount from the truck and deploy in the ditch.


Next Moves?
Minh Quyen
 player, 549 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 00:50
Re: Blue on Blue
Quyen takes up position on the right of Tucker as they cross the road and move to set up their section of the security perimeter. She then signals to Tucker and whispers, "Forward and to the right." indicating the body ahead of them.

Assuming Tuck moves them forward, she'll will advance with him and cover to the flanks for anything else that me be still undiscovered.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:50, Wed 09 Feb 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 207 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 02:10
Re: Blue on Blue
With the flare dead, Jeff takes a second to let his eyes readjust to the darkness.  He turns to the now very dark figure of Monika "Take care of the face wound first.  It seems worse than I thought.  Do you want me to use my flashlight to help you?  Or I can put pressure on the General's wound if you think that better."

To the others (including Johnstone, whether or not he's listening) he says in Russian "Looks like the attack is over.  You there [directed at Bodyguard], check to see if the car still works.  We can put the driver in the truck when it comes back."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2285 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 02:19
Re: Blue on Blue
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #121):

"This looks great, let's set up here."

Dawid chose the shoulder at the NW corner of the intersection. Where they were located, they could cover the south and SE.

He pulled on his NVGs to better acquire targets and improve his situational awareness.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM GPMG (80/243)
Road W of Intersection
Aiming and Covering South

This message was last edited by the player at 11:15, Wed 09 Feb 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 83 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 03:47
Re: Blue on Blue
     Monika pointed to Johnstone's facial wounds.  "Shine the light here."  As she examined the through and through cheek wounds, she continued in Polish, "I'm a good medic, but I'm only a medic.  These men really need a Doctor.  I'll try my best though."

     Monika cleaned and tried to close the head wounds as best she could under the primitive conditions.  She got Johnstone to swallow a mild pain reliever and an antibiotic.  "I would give him something stronger, but he needs to be able to move under his own power."


Monika Sawicki
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (18/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Working

This message was last edited by the player at 03:51, Wed 09 Feb 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 211 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 03:57
Re: Blue on Blue
Jeff obliges with his flashlight.  He uses the red lens and his body to hide as much of the light pollution as he can.  Coupled with the fact they are currently in a ditch, it shouldn't be too bad.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:58, Wed 09 Feb 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 17 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 04:42
Re: Blue on Blue
Matias saw that Tucker and Quyen were used to working together, so when she took Tucker's right, he drifted to the left to cover the maximum area.  He kept his eyes peeled for any movement, ready to fire at anything besides the already spotted body.

Matias
Following Tucker on the advance southward
PM-63 (15/25) + 4 extra mags, all (25/25)

Dieter Brandt
 player, 338 posts
 Gefreiter/Scharfschutze
 6th Panzergrenadier Div.
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 08:43
Re: Blue on Blue
SLAM.

Dieter felt himself being hammered to the floor. Lying on his side, he felt the chill of the evening envelop him, or was it just the evening? His legs were numb, like sitting in an ice bath, and his head started to pound. He tried to breath, but struggled to get a proper lungful, As his eyes closed he simply whispered,"Papa."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 314 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 09:55
Re: Blue on Blue

Staying behind the machine gun crew as they moved Craig continued to scan for movement in the distance. AK at his shoulder he would double tap any targets that presented themselves through the Russian NVG's.


Support squad
Firing on enemy targets

AK-74/BG-15 (34/45) + 4x45 (0/1 HE) + 8x40mm HE- held at shoulder
AKS-74U (35/45) - wedged in webbing
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6
Jan Cerny
 player, 892 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 23:09
Re: Blue on Blue
Jan continued looking around, trying to spot Dieter and using his IR goggles.  He was tempted to call out to the German sniper but he wasn't certain that the enemy had fully withdrawn yet!

He kept scanning before moving back towards Konrad.

"Capitane," he muttered quietly.  "I can not find Dieter.  If the ambushers have withdrawn we should get everyone to report.  Some was hit in the truck but I am sure I saw Dieter get off."


Jan
Crouched on the road and moving back towards Konrad.
Searching for Dieter, using his IR goggles.
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1018 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 10 Feb 2011
at 13:43
Re: Blue on Blue
Minh Quyen:
Quyen takes up position on the right of Tucker as they cross the road and move to set up their section of the security perimeter. She then signals to Tucker and whispers, "Forward and to the right." indicating the body ahead of them.

Assuming Tuck moves them forward, she'll will advance with him and cover to the flanks for anything else that me be still undiscovered.

Tucker catches Minh's signal and gives her the nod to proceed ahead and check it out.  "Be careful," he replies quietly back to her as he looks for the other ex-Polish military soldier that was with them, Matias.  As Tucker sets up on the right-hand side of the body, Robert signals with his hand to Matias (pointing at him with his finger and then to his eyes to watch on the left) as to which sector to watch while Minh advances.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HE] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 10/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

Salvaged Gear:
*Claymore Mine & Pouch    2.0
Mag Bandoleer [6 MAG 30] 3.0  {5x30, 1x22/30}
[1] M-16 mag (BDU Pocket [18/30])

*NOTE: Claymore given to Sutherland (remove upon use)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:59, Fri 11 Feb 2011.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 15 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Thu 10 Feb 2011
at 20:56
Re: Blue on Blue
Taking position in the ditch, Piotr looks to make sure Mariusz is within speaking distance before he starts scanning the darkness to the south while speaking to the young partisan.

“You've fought with the captain, any idea how he would proceed. Will he counter and try to run the enemy down or will he hold?”

Piotr's mind was going in overdrive. Without proper communication, in fact without any contact or knowledge of what the German commander was planning there was not much they could do from here. Even getting back to the main element was risky in this darkness.

“Teo, check our lady driver, make sure she's alright. Then secure to the north”

Piotr Pawlowski
In roadside ditch south of the truck
SVD  [9/10]
Observing south for possible enemies, talking and ordering Teo

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 879 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 10 Feb 2011
at 21:12
Re: Blue on Blue
Mariusz thought for a moment and said, "The Kaptain will keep his eyes on teh most important strategic element, keeping the General alive. He'll establish a strong fire base and try to get mobile again by getting us to regroup and move on. I have a radio, if you want I can request advice, orders may come soon anyway. If you do want to pursue the enemy I'll have to radio the move in, we'll be crossing their arcs of fire and I'd hate to think of them firing at us as we blundered through their fields of fire."

He shrugged, "It's a gamble, if the ambushers have a vehicle they could hit us again before we reach the 10th, if they haven't they could fade into the night and leave us chasing our tails if we do pursue them."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1382 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 11 Feb 2011
at 15:28
Re: Blue on Blue
Jan Cerny:
"Capitane," he muttered quietly.  "I can not find Dieter.  If the ambushers have withdrawn we should get everyone to report.  Some was hit in the truck but I am sure I saw Dieter get off."


Crouching at the sedan, Bayer nods as Jan reports back, "Alright. I don't want anyone left behind. See what you can do. If nothing comes up we'll have to do a sweep once the General is able to be moved."

Then with nobody else free, Bayer walks down to where the motorcycle rider ended up. He keeps to the road, in the middle of the team's permimeter, but stays low.

OOC - Mari I forgot you had a radio. What type is it?

This message was last edited by the player at 15:30, Fri 11 Feb 2011.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 16 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Fri 11 Feb 2011
at 19:56
Re: Blue on Blue
“You got a radio!?!” The surprise made him look sideways. Piotr had missed all about that. All Mariusz was telling was confirming his thoughts. He had already called the German captain a wise man earlier that day. This only reconfirmed this.

“You better try to radio call in our status and position.”

Piotr Pawlowski
In roadside ditch south of the truck
SVD  [9/10]
Observing south for possible enemies, planning and ordering Teo

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 880 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 11 Feb 2011
at 20:00
Re: Blue on Blue
"No problem," Mariusz said and picked up the handset, "Kaptain," he said, "This is Mariusz, I'm with the rest of the squad by the treeline, requesting orders, over?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2198 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 00:18
Aftermath

Dawid and Woj set up the PKM at the road junction. A slight upward curve in the terrain to the south about 100m from the crossroads likely conceals the enemy force from view. Craig, a few meters to the west, likewise sees no further sign of enemy activity through the lense of his NOD. From all indications, the ambushers have buggered off. You can't help but wonder why they didn't press their initial advantage or put up much of a fight when your team began to return fire.

Konrad moves a few meters to the west of the crossroads and finds the mangled corpse of the motorcycle messanger. He looks like he must have absorbed a round or two before skidding to a stop on the rough pavement. He may or may not have been dead at that point. If not, it's clear that the heavy Ural truck finished the job.

Meanwhile, Tucker and Minh close on the body 15 meters or so south of the road. Minh's hand recoils from what has become a routine scrounging operation when she recognizes the starlit face of her German comrade in arms. Dieter, somehow sensing the presence of a friend, lets go and breaths his last. (RIP, Dieter)

Matias, covering the small clearing team's left(east) flank, spots a lump in the relatively flat field about two dozen meters to his left. As he stares at it, it resolves into two suppine human forms. Neither moves a muscle and it soon becomes apparent that both are most likely dead.

Monika bandages Johnstone's ugly facial wounds. Besides staunching the bleeding, the bandaging has the added bonus of shutting him up. He settles down and waits for the pain relievers to kick in. The general's wounds are much easier to dress. The severed finger gives Monika more trouble than the clean bullet entrance wound in his upper hip but she manages to bandage both efectively on the first attempt. As instructed, the Russian bodyguard removes the driver's nearly headless corpse, climbs into the vacant seat and, after a couple of attempts, gets the car started and running again.

Several hundred meters to the east, Mariusz radios Konrad, as the Poles from the truck (and the Russian, Vita) attempt to coordinate their deployment with the temporarily stranded main force to the west. Thor, scanning the fields to the south of the ambush zone through his night optic, spots some movement about 150m or so from the road. One or two figures are moving south low and fast. Thor can only see their heads and shoulders bobbing along, close to the ground. He could take a shot, but it would be a tough one and he's running low on rare .50-caliber ammunition. Vita remains alone in the cab, collecting herself and thinking of how best to deliver a justification for her failure to follow the orders of nominally superior officers.


Next Moves?
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1383 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 01:13
Re: Blue on Blue
Upon discovering that the General's motorcycle driver was beyond help, Bayer begins moving back to the sedan. When he arrives, he's about to ask if the vehicle can be driven again when the bodyguard restarts the motor, answering his question. Surprised by that the car was still mobile, he says, "Well Jan, at least now I don't have to tell you to piggyback the General home."

His radio then crackles with Mariusz's voice, which comes as a surprise to him. In all of the excitement and confusion following the long and tiresome days, he had forgotten that the boy was given a radio.

Mariusz Tokarski:
"Kaptain. This is Mariusz, I'm with the rest of the squad by the treeline, requesting orders, over?"


"Captain Bayer here." he replies, not bothering with his call sign. "Bring that truck back some. Only half way to the intersection though... we will come to you. Stay sharp for more enemy. Out."

Bayer then turns back to those by the sedan and says, "Warren. Jan. I've got Mariusz bringing up the truck a ways, but I don't want it to get too close or we might end up having to walk home. You two take front security in front of the car. We move shortly."

"Sawicki. I want you to ride in the car with the General."

Bayer then gets back on the radio, "Sergeant Tucker. Standby for withdraw. But first I want a sweep of the ground for Dieter. You have two minutes. Make it quick."

And, "Dawid, did you copy my last on withdraw? Your team will take the rear and follow us once we pass by your position. Everyone will RV with the truck down the road."

OOC - Basically everyone maintains a security perimeter as the car moves (at trotting speed) down the road to RV with the waiting truck.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:17, Sat 12 Feb 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 87 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 01:35
Re: Blue on Blue
     Monika stopped and knelt by the body of the driver.  She gathered his belongings, both military and personal, placing them in the front seat of the car.  As she got in the vehicle, she spoke softly to the General.  "I have collected your driver's things and placed them in the vehicle.  Perhaps you can see that they get back to his family."


Monika Sawicki
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (18/25)
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Doing what she can to help

This message was last edited by the player at 02:12, Sat 12 Feb 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 315 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 07:05
Re: Blue on Blue

”I can't see a thing, looks like they have turned tale and run for it.”

Craig flipped up his NVG's and turned them off. Turning towards Dawid he adds:

”Do you think we will do a sweep for bodies ? I think my grenade was on the money. They may have intel or some of the poles may know them from the Barons forces and the ammo would be good.”

He glanced at his own PLCE.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 881 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 11:14
Re: Blue on Blue
"Wilco," Mariusz replied and then looked at the others and said, "The Kaptain wants us to head back toward them but only halfway to the intersection where they will join us. May I suggest we accompany the truck on foot? That way we can keep up a defensive perimeter and be able to react better if we are attacked."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2292 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 11:54
Re: Blue on Blue
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #138):

"Yes, I have it," he replied to Konrad.

He turned to Woj. "Everyone will pass us, then we take the rear position. Get ready to move when I say!"


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM GPMG (80/243)
Road W of Intersection
Aiming and Covering South, then moving east.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1019 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 14:45
Re: Blue on Blue
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #138):

Konrad Bayer:
Bayer then gets back on the radio, "Sergeant Tucker. Standby for withdraw. But first I want a sweep of the ground for Dieter. You have two minutes. Make it quick."

Tucker stares at the body of Dieter as he watches Minh's reaction.  He signals for Matias to stay where he's at for the time being as he goes to confirm the findings as his radio goes off with Konrad calling him.  "Umm yeah Boss, good copy.  Won't need that much time though.  We got 'em here.  He's um, K.I.A.. Over."

Tucker kneels down next to the body to try and figure out how Dieter bought the farm.  He looks back up at Minh, "I'm Sorry.  I know you two were close.  Stay with him OK?  Matias thinks he's found another couple of bodies over by him.  We'll take care of it, just stay low sweetie."
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 17 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 19:36
Re: Blue on Blue
After listening to Mariusz, Piotr seemed to consider their orders for a moment.

“You got any idea how much ground we covered after passing the crossroads?”

Not really waiting for the answer he decided to do as the captain told.
“Alright we're going to back her up. We start with 50 meters. Mariusz,  Teo, you lead the way. One on either side of the road. Call out at any sign of danger or obstacles. I'll be at the drivers side, Lech takes the other rear position.”

Looking up at Thor at the rear of the truck,

“I know you don't take my order, but please keep eye out for danger with that thing”

After assigning positions Piotr moves towards Vita to check on her. “You think you can back her up at a slow pace?” He asks while opening the door to the drivers position. “Just listen to my instructions.” After that he makes sure he can keep eye on Teo and will instruct the female driver when necessary to keep the truck on the road or maintain the right pace.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:37, Sat 12 Feb 2011.

Minh Quyen
 player, 551 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 19:57
Re: Blue on Blue
Quyen's shoulders drop and she exhales deeply when she realizes the body is Dieter. She then kneels next to him, leaning in close and placing her ear over his face so she can listen for a moment.

When Tuck passes by with Matias on their way to check on the dead enemy, Quyen stays with Dieter. She slings her AK74 over her shoulder and collects his weapon up off the ground. Then when Tucker returns, she says quietly (knowing there still could be enemy out there somewhere), "Sergeant. The Hauptmann is going to want Dieter's body taken. How about you two carry him and I will take his weapon and cover?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:58, Sat 12 Feb 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 894 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 12 Feb 2011
at 21:40
Re: Blue on Blue
Jan's mood soured at the news, he heard over the radio net from Tuck, of Dieter's death.  He had liked the man - Dieter was one of the few people he had met since arriving in Poland who seemed to have retained all of his humanity.  Many people he had met had a cynical approach to life, regarding death and, particularly, killing people as something ordinary that didn't really bother them.  He would miss Dieter!  Dieter had reminded Jan that turning into the cynical old veteran he envisioned himself as wasn't necessarily the right thing to do!

He still had a job to do though.  Before he moved up the road to take up front security as instructed he made a quick comment to Konrad.  "Capitane, if the motorcycle rider is dead we must strip his body.  The 10th will need all weapons and equipment!"

Jan then moved off to set up front security, keeping a watch out through his IR goggles.


Jan
Moving up to set up front security
Scanning around with his IR goggles
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

This message was last edited by the player at 22:13, Sat 12 Feb 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1021 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 13 Feb 2011
at 03:21
Re: Blue on Blue
Minh Quyen:
Quyen's shoulders drop and she exhales deeply when she realizes the body is Dieter. She then kneels next to him, leaning in close and placing her ear over his face so she can listen for a moment.

When Tuck passes by with Matias on their way to check on the dead enemy, Quyen stays with Dieter. She slings her AK74 over her shoulder and collects his weapon up off the ground. Then when Tucker returns, she says quietly (knowing there still could be enemy out there somewhere), "Sergeant. The Hauptmann is going to want Dieter's body taken. How about you two carry him and I will take his weapon and cover?"

Robert sighed as he got up and put his hand on her shoulder, "We can do that."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 882 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 13 Feb 2011
at 10:21
Re: Blue on Blue
Mariusz nodded to acknowledge his orders and then said, "I'll take the side of the road the ambush came from, you take the other one."

He kept his eyes peeled for trouble before moving out once everyone was ready.
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 368 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Sun 13 Feb 2011
at 12:32
CONTACT!!!
"CONTACT!" Thor's voice cut across the airways, hopefully silencing all others.

"Movement. One fifty metre south Sunray position."
"One, maybe two move south."


Although confident in his skills, it was indeed the diminishing ammunition that held him from firing Mjollnir. But that didn't stop him relaying the enemy's position to those who were closer....

"Haptabeiðir, Jean. HE."

Thor "The Thunderer"
Calling fire from Konrad and Jan's grenade launchers upon enemy contacts
Barret M82A1 ("Mjollnir") (10/10) + 2x10 + 1x9
Wz.88 Tantal/BG-1 (28/30)/(1/1HE) + 3x30 / 2xHE ("Gríðarvölr")
H & K USP-9SD, 9mm (14/15) + 3x15 ("Fatle")
M-26A1 hand grenade, x2
Bayonet/knife
Individual Tactical Radio

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2199 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 13 Feb 2011
at 21:14
Aftermath

Minh checks Dieter's still-warm body for indications of how he met his end. He's facing away from the road, towards the enemy, his legs twisted almost underneath him. There are two bullet holes in the back of his PAGST vest, and another through the back of his K-pot, just above the thick part that covers the base of the skull. Minh can't avoid the horrifying thought that Dieter was killed by friendly fire.

While Minh stays with Dieter, Tucker and Matias carefully advance on the two bodies to the southeast. Both men lie face-up, facing the road, with one man laying on the other man's legs. Both wear brown summer-weight Soviet uniforms, puffed up by the sweaters worn underneath, and an ad-hoc collection of civilian hats, gloves, and scarves. One of the men has sergeant's insignia on his uniform. Their LBE is also early model Red Army issue but their well-worn footwear is American combat boots. Two AKMs lie nearby. Even in the dark, the dead men's swarthy complexions are noticeable. A quick survey of the field beyond turns up no further signs of additional enemy, living or dead. It's too dark for amateur trackers to pick up blood trails or other spoor. (Recovered: 2 AKMS, 4 full 30-round mags 7.62x39mm, two partial mags- 12 & 23)

After taking the guns and ammo from the dead, Tucker and Matias return to where Minh waits with Dieter. Splitting up the load, they carry their dead comrade and the captured enemy gear back to the crossroads, where Dawid, Woj, and Craig have been providing overwatch.

The general's bodyguard has some trouble getting the Trabant out of the ditch. He finally manages to pull the underpowerd sedan back up on to the cracked bitumen. The dead driver's body is placed in the boot. Dieter is carefully laid on the hood. The wounded are placed in the back (Monika takes shotgun) and the car is driven off at a walking pace, with Adam's Irregulars providing security, secret service-style. There is another brief pause as the motorcycle messenger's body is placed on the hood next to Dieter.

Several hundred meters down the road to the east, the truck begins it's own walking-pace redeployment. Piotr, Mariusz, and the other Poles walk alongside the truck, keeping careful watch for signs of another ambush.

You all meet back up about halfway between the two party's stopping places.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:19, Sun 13 Feb 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 212 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 13 Feb 2011
at 22:08
Re: Aftermath
Jeff remains silent as the bodies are loaded.  Dead friendlies are never a pleasant experience, even if only just met.

When the group meets in the middle, Jeff addresses the Captain.  "Sorry about your man.  The General and Johnstone are wounded but not bad.  Your medic has treated them well, and they will live.  Shall we continue at an increased level of security?"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1384 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 14 Feb 2011
at 14:49
Re: Aftermath


Jeff D. Warren:
When the group meets in the middle, Jeff addresses the Captain.  "Sorry about your man.  The General and Johnstone are wounded but not bad.  Your medic has treated them well, and they will live.  Shall we continue at an increased level of security?"


Bayer nods and says, "I'm sorry too." He adds, "We leave in a moment. My team has some unfortunate matters to address first though." Bayer then waves to the Dawid, Jan, and Tucker.

While the NCOs respond, Bayer motions for Piotr to join him and Warren.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:01, Mon 14 Feb 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 214 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 14 Feb 2011
at 18:12
Re: Aftermath
Warren only nods at Bayer's remarks.  The cold look in his eye shows he knows exactly the situation.  He turns to Piotr and says in English. "We will watch the Northeast and Northwest.  You and your people cover the rest."

With Piotr's acknowledgment, Jeff heads to the waiting Sedan, and speaks to the driver. "Сержант Бодняк, выйти за пределы на мгновение и мне помочь покрыть наши северном фланге. Вы будете смотреть на северо-восток, и я северо-запад. Не обращай внимания на остальных членов группы и следите за своим сектором, как солдат, а. Я знаю только лучшее иметь привилегию охраны генерал."

As the driver does what he is told and gets out, Jeff adds to the General and Johnstone in the back "Генеральный другие серьезные бизнес принять участие в рамках этого блока. Лучше оставаться в машине."
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 18 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Mon 14 Feb 2011
at 22:16
Re: Aftermath
Piotr listens to what Konrad has to say. Only a worried look betray his inner thoughts. When the captain finishes his only word is ”Understand”

Jeff D. Warren:
Warren only nods at Bayer's remarks.  The cold look in his eye shows he knows exactly the situation.  He turns to Piotr and says in English. "We will watch the Northeast and Northwest.  You and your people cover the rest."


“Alright we focus on Southeast until Southwest.”

After that he calls out to his people in Polish.

”Alright protective perimeter to the South, Lech...Southwest, Teo, Matias...South, Mariusz please take Southeast. Stay alert folks those fools might decide they want to become heroes.”

Keeping an eye on the deployment Piotr walks over to Vita telling her to stay behind the wheel of the truck, for now. After that he will join the perimeter guard.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:14, Tue 15 Feb 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 316 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 14 Feb 2011
at 23:24
Re: Aftermath

Craig limps along with the others to the meeting with the truck. Once there he takes a seat on the rear of the truck, having let down the tailgate. When he spots Monika he asks her to have another look at his leg:

"Looks like I have popped one of my seams."

Once the rest of the team have assembled he asks:

"Did anyone get a look at any of the bodies ? What they where wearing ?"

It was at this point he noticed Dieters body on the hood of the car. He tried to remember at what point he had last seen the German, but could not place him during the ambush.

It was a great lost to the team and to the over all mission. He would be missed.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:03, Wed 16 Feb 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 18 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Tue 15 Feb 2011
at 05:15
Re: Aftermath
Matias is walking out to watch the south side of the perimeter when Sutherland asked his question.  He stopped and said "Russian uniforms.  American boots.  Carried AKM."  He wasn't really sure why Sutherland would want to know that, but he had seen the bodies and his description was accurate.

Assuming no further questions, Matias went out to watche the perimeter with Teo.
Minh Quyen
 player, 552 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Tue 15 Feb 2011
at 12:30
Re: Aftermath
Cap'n Rae:
Minh checks Dieter's still-warm body for indications of how he met his end. He's facing away from the road, towards the enemy, his legs twisted almost underneath him. There are two bullet holes in the back of his PAGST vest, and another through the back of his K-pot, just above the thick part that covers the base of the skull. Minh can't avoid the horrifying thought that Dieter was killed by friendly fire.


After her startling discovery, Quyen rolls Dieter's body over to one side, effectively altering the physical evidence that he was accidently killed by their own side. When Tucker and Matias return, she doesn't say anything about how she found him or what she'd discovered.

"I cover." she says quietly as Tucker and Matias carry his body back to the waiting team.

Once back at the truck, Quyen looks to take a up a sentry position while the group gets organized for resuming the drive to the General's camp. Seeing the Poles covering to the S, SE, and SW, Quyen positions herself watching the north from the bed of the truck, using it as a height advantage.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:33, Tue 15 Feb 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 883 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 15 Feb 2011
at 17:59
Re: Aftermath
Mariusz took his assigned sector to the south east and knelt down to make a harder target. He kept a careful watch whilst the unit reorganised.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1022 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 15 Feb 2011
at 21:53
Re: Aftermath
Cap'n Rae:
While Minh stays with Dieter, Tucker and Matias carefully advance on the two bodies to the southeast. Both men lie face-up, facing the road, with one man laying on the other man's legs. Both wear brown summer-weight Soviet uniforms, puffed up by the sweaters worn underneath, and an ad-hoc collection of civilian hats, gloves, and scarves. One of the men has sergeant's insignia on his uniform. Their LBE is also early model Red Army issue but their well-worn footwear is American combat boots. Two AKMs lie nearby. Even in the dark, the dead men's swarthy complexions are noticeable. A quick survey of the field beyond turns up no further signs of additional enemy, living or dead. It's too dark for amateur trackers to pick up blood trails or other spoor. (Recovered: 2 AKMS, 4 full 30-round mags 7.62x39mm, two partial mags- 12 & 23)

After taking the guns and ammo from the dead, Tucker and Matias return to where Minh waits with Dieter. Splitting up the load, they carry their dead comrade and the captured enemy gear back to the crossroads, where Dawid, Woj, and Craig have been providing overwatch.
Next Moves?

Robert walks back to the rest of the group in silence as he & Matias carry the body of their fallen comrade.  "Poor bastard got it in his back!  The headshot shold've done him in quick enough so hopefully he didn't suffer," Tucker thinks to himself until they gently put the body down and then moves off with Konrad, Jan, & Dawid.
Jan Cerny
 player, 898 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 15 Feb 2011
at 23:27
Re: Aftermath
Jan ensured that all of the motorbike outrider's gear was also loaded onto the truck.  It was a brutal reality of the life they were currently living that both Dieter and the dead outrider would soon be stripped of anything valuable.  As he joined up with the others he muttered to Dawid, "You should check that motorbike before we leave in case it is worth salvaging."

Jan then moved off to check on the positions everyone had taken.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1023 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 16 Feb 2011
at 00:13
Re: Aftermath
Jan Cerny:
Jan then moved off to check on the positions everyone had taken.

As Jan moves off, Tucker moves with Dawid off to his (Dawid's) r/h side.  Roberts hands are across his chest .
Thor Halgeirsen
 player, 373 posts
 Norwegian Kvartermester
 Marinejegerkommandoen
Wed 16 Feb 2011
at 02:08
Re: Aftermath
Ignored once again, Thor watched the enemy until they disappeared, fearing they would pop up again as a thorn in their side at some point in the near future.

"Bring all body. Intel," he radioed once it appeared those on the ground were getting ready to move.
"Maybe Russian deserter. Maybe recognise."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2295 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 16 Feb 2011
at 04:41
Re: Aftermath
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #152):

Dawid's face screwed up with real grief when he heard of Dieter's death. Why him? Dieter was a good man, a German, true. Even then a brave and gentle soul, an intellectual. One by one the best of us like him fall, until it is the unredeemed like me that are left.

It didn't make sense, yet somehow it did. A matter of fate or chance, the result was the same. He crossed himself and said a short prayer for Dieter and the others that had been lost in the short brutal fight.

"Piotr, good man for getting people organised into a perimeter. Trust that your actions do not go unnoticed by the Kaptain and myself." he said in Polish.

After the discussion with Konrad, Jan and Tucker, he wandered with a heavy heart towards Thor, setting down the GPMG on the pavement. When he heard Thor muttering over the radio, Dawid actually thought he had a point about the Russians. Nevertheless, there were other equally or more important matters to attend to. He closed the distance with a firm tread, stopping a couple metres in front of him.

"Thor, never mind that now. It is vital we talk, my friend."

He stood in front of Thor, hands empty and unthreatening, trying to think of how to put this in words that Thor understood.

"You broke your word to obey Kaptain Bayer, uh, "Haptabeiðir" as you call him. For this, you are no longer welcome in our company. You must gather your things and leave immediately. This is not open to discussion, or negotiation, or compromise.

"The Kaptain has decided as you no longer follow, you are not a member of our company. I count you as a friend but you have broken your oath to faithfully serve our agreed leader, the Kaptain, and for that breach of trust we will no longer fight at your back, nor you at ours."

"Go with God, go with Peace. Go however you want, but just go."


He looked meaningfully at Konrad to indicate to Thor he had his blessing, then at Tucker and Jan who were there in clear support of this action.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:14, Thu 17 Feb 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 90 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Wed 16 Feb 2011
at 13:08
Re: Aftermath
    Monika made sure that her charges were as comfortable as possible, then left the General's vehicle to see if anyone else was hurt in the ambush.  She found Craig by the truck.  She took a quick look at his leg to find that he had injured it again.  She smiled at him as she cleaned the area and replaced the bandage.  "My work good.  You not break."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2201 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 19 Feb 2011
at 19:30
Wyszkow

Thursday, October 26th, 2000
0800 hrs.
32F
party cloudy skies; slight breeze from the north
Wyszkow, Poland



At morning stand, you are awakened by the shouts of Russian and Kazakh non-coms rousing their own men for muster. With the men of the 10th TD providing security during the remainder of the night, you were all able to get some sleep after arriving at your village billet. Before turning in, the division's own medical officer, a proper Muscovite doctor as it turns out, successfully removed the bullet from the general's hip and repaired some of the damage to Johnstone's face. After stand-to, and using some medical supplies "borrowed" from Monika, the doctor also sewed up Jan and Craig's wounds. Despite some recent wear and tear, both men are feeling much improved. You could all use some more sleep, and everyone is longing for a hot bath.

Morning muster revealed 16 men, all Kazakhs, missing (not including the two men killed in the ambush). They could have left at any point since that last head-count at 1800 hours the evening before. No one has seen them since. Perhaps the Baron's loudspeaker unit convinced them to head for greener pastures; perhaps they just struck out on their own.


Adam's Irregulars have also lost a man. Thor, the strange, powerful, and socially inept nordic warrior, was banished on the road from Jackowo Gorne. He didn't take the news particularly well, but his reaction was not as bad as had been feared. After a brief flash of anger, and reminders of his combat prowess and loyalty, Thor acquiesced. His mood quickly changed from anger to deep sadness and several of you started to feel guilty for the decision to exhile him in the middle of nowhere. After handing over his weapons, he stood forlorn on the roadside watching you drive away into the dark in your new old Ural truck. You left his weapons in the road a couple of hundred meters away, as you promised you would, and continued on to Wyszkow, leaving him to face his fate alone. You wonder if you've seen the last of him.

Vita, with Piotr's tacit approval of the Irregular's ultimatum, relinquishes her weapons. The understanding that has been reached as that her weapons will be returned to her once the recently augmented unit has had a chance to clarify it's command structure. She looks none too pleased with her lot but she does not resist. As a remarkably attractive women, being unarmed must leave her feeling rather vulnerable. Before leaving the ambush site, Dawid recovers the 10th TD's motorcycle. It appears to be capable of running again, but the left-side foot peg has been shorn off and the front wheel/handlebars are out of alignment. Some minor repairs should get it operational again soon. When the sedan section reunites with the truck section, the bike is loaded aboard the Ural for the trip to Wyszkow.

This morning, you've met a couple of new misfits- Mrityunjay Byanjankar, a Ghurka straggler adopted by the 10th TD, and Robert Flemming, another CIA "liaison" officer. The Ghurka, in particular, seems eager to attach himself to your group. Both Byanjankar and Flemming arrive with Warren to join you for your morning repast.

Sitting around the kitchen table in a your village billet (the mayor's guest house), you enjoy a meager breakfast of bread and butter and some hot, bitter herbal tea (you surmise that the "herbs" are probably some sort of local tree bark or some such). The fare is not particularly tasty or filling but it's better than nothing. It's time to talk.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:20, Sun 20 Feb 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 884 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 20 Feb 2011
at 08:30
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz watched the huge, dysfunctional Norwegian standing forlornly by the roadside as the truck pulled away from him. He felt his eyes prickly with tears as he thought about abandoning such a comrade, "Now I'll never get to have his gun when he dies," he thought, shaking his head slowly and sadly.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 317 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 20 Feb 2011
at 08:34
Re: Wyszkow

Craig recognised the ethnicity of the Gurkha solider almost instantly he limped slightly as he approached the new arrival:

”Namaste, Mero naam Craig ho. Ma ali-ali Nepali bolchu.”*

He had trained and served with the Gurkha battalions and was gifted one of their large knives. He proudly wore it attached to the strap of his PLCE. He knew it would be a good story as to how he ended up attached to a Russian tank division nearly as good as his own....


*Hello, my name is Craig. Sorry I only speak a little Nepalese.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 217 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 20 Feb 2011
at 17:41
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff walks into the billet feeling very refreshed.  He had slept away from the unit in the night, instead staying with Flemming and Johnstone.

"Good morning.  I hope everyone is well rested.  Busy day ahead.  May I introduce Mr. Byanjankar and Mr. Flemming.  Byanjankar will be working with your unit as he doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of the Russkies or Kazakhs, and Mr. Flemming here is going to help with the wider picture, and analysis of our situation."
Jan Cerny
 player, 906 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 20 Feb 2011
at 17:57
Re: Wyszkow
Jan had felt a degree of tension lift from his shoulders when they had driven off, leaving Thor behind in the road.  Thor was a good soldier in a fight, very much the warrior he desired to be, but he had created so many problems for the unit in the short time he had been a member that he had become a liability.  Attempting to countermand Konrad’s orders in the middle of an ambush had been the final straw and Jan had no doubt that leaving the Norwegian behind was the right thing to do.  He was also confident that Thor was able to look after himself in the wild and, assuming that he steered clear of people and lived off the land, he expected a highly trained Marine such as Thor to make his way back to his homeland.

It was when he tried to interact with people that Thor seemed to have problems!



Jan had slept for as long as he could as they had a roof over their heads for once.  He had also been very grateful to the Russian doctor who had checked over his arm, though he continued to favour it to avoid putting any further strain on the wound.

Over the meagre breakfast Jan listened to Jeff’s introductions and noted that Craig was taking the initiative and speaking in some strange language to one of the new arrivals.  Jan had a couple of questions for everyone.

“Does the attack on the General change our timetable at all?  When are we planning to leave and what route back into Warsaw are we taking?”

Jan also had a question for Jeff and his colleague Flemming.

“As well as the weapons we can donate to the 10th I am keen to trade for some clips for my PM-84 SMG.  Who is the best person to talk to in the 10th to see if they can help?”
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1385 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 20 Feb 2011
at 19:21
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff D. Warren:
"Byanjankar will be working with your unit as he doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of the Russkies or Kazakhs."

"I just had to remove one member because he didn't fit with the rest of my team." Bayer says dryly. "Before people here go deciding between themselves about sending their people to us to deal with, I want to talk to them first."

Bayer then turns to Dawid and says, "In addition to any normal admin needs you are able to sort out this morning, don't forget to get all batteries recharged." He then hands him the batteries from his NVGs and radio.

Bayer then waits for the General and his aides to answer Jan's questions on their intentions.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2299 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 00:58
Re: Wyszkow
Before going to bed, he assigned Vita the job of maintaining the truck, while he looked at the motorcycle. Not too bad; the forks could be straightened by hand and a new foot-peg made from whatever was at hand, even wood.

He also detailed Minh to examine their billet for possible safety and security problems. "As a military police and engineer, I trust you are well-knowledgeable about how to secure a structure. Also, Vita seems uncomfortable with being disarmed, which is understandable. I am going to suggest she comes to you with any personal concerns if she feels she can't discuss it with a man. Thank you."

Everyone else was set to cleaning their weapons, and he made sure they had something to eat.



In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #170):

"Yes, Kaptain. I'll see if Vita can hook up the batteries for charging to the truck engine, although if it's from the alternator it's most efficient if we do this while moving, of course."

He collected all run-down batteries for charging. If nothing else, maybe the Russians had some way of charging them while they fashioned something on their end.

Dawid addressed the newcomers, welcoming them with an offer of cigarettes. "Good to meet you both! I hope we can find a place for you here, should we decide to include you in our unit."

"Piotr, my friend, I heard good things about you and of course we fought well together at the ambush. I'm going to reorganise our little unit soon, I'm going to put all us Poles together if I can so we'll be working together. I trust you don't have a problem with working under someone of lesser rank, at least while working with us?" He spoke in Polish, to keep the other man at ease.

Moving along, he addressed Vita, keeping a gentle tone with her, mindful of last night's talking-to.

He said in Polish, "Vita, would you please fashion a battery charger from the alternator with the leads going into the cab of the truck? Thanks. I tried but failed, you may have better luck than I. Rest assured that you are not helpless. Should anyone harass you or do or say anything unwelcome towards you, they will answer to me. Or if you prefer talking to another woman, let Minh know and we'll deal with it."

"Also, do you prefer Polish or Russian?


He addressed everyone:

"Once we have finished our business with the new folks and I'm clear what we have available, I will be assigning people into teams."


OOC: If Vita can't make a charger, Dawid is going to ask the Russians' quartermaster if they can charge their batteries. Also, regardless, if the quartermaster has anything to trade. Finally, if they have any backpacks, enough for the team?

This message was last edited by the player at 05:23, Mon 21 Feb 2011.

Robert Flemming
 player, 2 posts
 American
 CIA
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 08:20
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Dawid Waldus Piotrowski (msg #171):

Rob took an old mug filled with tea. Although he loves tea, he hates this poor quality. Nevermind, its wartime-tea.
He took a place at the table and nodded to all the other guys.
"Thanks Mr. Warren. My name is Robert. I'm working for CIVGOV as polad*. Glad to see you here."

He turns to Jan Cerny.

"I think the quartermaster of the 10th can help you. Which caliber does it have? 9x18 or 9x19?"


*political advisor
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 3 posts
 Gurkha
 Rifleman
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 11:10
Re: Wyszkow


Naik Mrityunjay Byanjankar stood naked in the stream. He quickly washed himself all over, ignoring the coldness of the water and the northerly breeze. There seemed to a lot of excitement in the camp, as a large group of newcomers had arrived during the night. He had asked one of the NCOs who spoke a little English, who had told him that a group of Americans and Poles had come into camp.

He finished washing and shook himself dry, the water flying off his smooth skin. He jumped up and down to remove the last of the water, before quickly dressing in his British Army fatigues. Grabbing his old Mosin Nagant rifle, he ran over to the billet where the newcomers had been stationed. Peering through the door, he tried to make out some faces. They seemed like a strange bunch, with a rag-tag collection of equipment and uniforms. He tried to spot insignias, but couldn't make any out. He then spotted a strange sight in the room; a woman. Was she Chinese, Korean, maybe Vietnamese? He couldn't be sure.

Suddenly behind him two faces appeared. One he recognised as an American named Flemming, who he had seen around the camp. The other was unknown to him. Flemming gestured to him to follow, and they entered the billet.

Upon entering he listened as the new man introduced him and Flemming to the group. He smiled awkwardly, looking around the group and bowing politely to each member. One man, a British officer from the look of him, stood gingerly and spoke.

Craig Sutherland:
”Namaste, Mero naam Craig ho. Ma ali-ali Nepali bolchu.”


Mritjunjay's eyes widened. It had been many months since he had heard anyone speaking his native tongue, and he certainly hadn't expected to hear it any time soon. A wide grin split his face. Excitedly, he replied, "Subha prabhat Craig-ji! Mero naam Naik Mrityunjay Byanjankar ho! Tapaaiilaaii bhettera khushii laagyo."

Looking around at the blank faces of the other members of the group, he grinned sheepishly. "Sorry. My name Mrityunjay Byanjankar. Please to call me Jay. I am Gurkha Rifle. Nice to meet you."

Jay waited for a response from the team. From what the American with Flemming had said, they would be his new colleagues. He stood there in his battered but clean uniform, complete with boonie hat, webbing and canteen, his kukri proudly strapped to his belt. Besides the WWII Mosin Nagant rifle on his shoulder, and the gurkha knife on his belt, he appeared to have no other weapons or significant equipment.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:28, Mon 21 Feb 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 911 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 17:45
Re: Wyszkow
Jan nodded in greeting to the newcommer who called himself Jay but left Craig to take the lead on evaluating the man.

Robert Flemming:
He turns to Jan Cerny.

"I think the quartermaster of the 10th can help you. Which caliber does it have? 9x18 or 9x19?"

"It is 9x18mm Makarov," Jan replied, "so hopefully it will not be to hard to find.  I need clips though and not just rounds."

He made a mental note to ensure that Flemming introduced him to the 10th's quartermaster but left it for the moment.  They needed to work out the current timeframe for the plan and that was partly dependent on Jeff and the 10th.  The bits of organising he wanted to do would have to wait if they needed to leave promptly to return to Warsaw.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 19 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 18:54
Re: Wyszkow
Piotr still looked tired when they gathered around the table. Only when he was sure Janek’s body was well taken care of  after they arrived in town he had been able to get some sleep. He was just savoring his mug of bark tea, personally greeting the new faces, when Dawid addressed him.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Everyone else was set to cleaning their weapons, and he made sure they had something to eat.

"Piotr, my friend, I heard good things about you and of course we fought well together at the ambush. I'm going to reorganize our little unit soon, I'm going to put all us Poles together if I can so we'll be working together. I trust you don't have a problem with working under someone of lesser rank, at least while working with us?" He spoke in Polish, to keep the other man at ease.


Piotr looked at Dawid, holding silent for a moment making his junior countryman wait just long enough for his response while he also considered the talk he’d had with the German captain in this matter before he answered.
“Depends if that someone is just as wise as the commanding officer and also knows when the listen to recommendations" Although the words were said with a big smile there was definitely a serious undertone. “You and the captain have worked together for a while, so it makes sense.”
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1026 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 21:09
Re: Wyszkow
Mrityunjay Byanjankar:

Looking around at the blank faces of the other members of the group, he grinned sheepishly. "Sorry. My name Mrityunjay Byanjankar. Please to call me Jay. I am Gurkha Rifle. Nice to meet you."

Jay waited for a response from the team. From what the American with Flemming had said, they would be his new colleagues. He stood there in his battered but clean uniform, complete with boonie hat, webbing and canteen, his kukri proudly strapped to his belt. Besides the WWII Mosin Nagant rifle on his shoulder, and the gurkha knife on his belt, he appeared to have no other weapons or significant equipment.

Robert walks up to the Gurka soldier and extends his hand to him and says, "Hey.  Names Robert Tucker, foremerly of the U.S. 10th Mountain.  Mostly everyone calls me Tuck, Jay.  If you're interested, I got a Romanian AK folder and some mags if that Nagant & knife is all you got.  Even got a pistol if you want?"
Monika Sawicki
 player, 92 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 21:16
Re: Wyszkow
    After a wonderful night of sleep and the meager fare for breakfast, Monika found a quiet corner away from prying eyes where she inventoried her medical supplies.  The only thing she was running low on was bandages.  She sought out the Captain to tell him of this.

    Moniks waited until the Captain has a free moment, then tried to speak to him in English.  She held up her Doctor's bag.  "Have droogs.  Need..."  Monika couldn't think of the words, so she dug in the medical bag and pulled some wrapped gauze pads and a roll of white bandaging tape.  She displayed them for the Captain to see.  "...More"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:22, Mon 21 Feb 2011.

Viktorya Nowak
 NPC, 43 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 02:58
Re: Wyszkow
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He said in Polish, "Vita, would you please fashion a battery charger from the alternator with the leads going into the cab of the truck? Thanks. I tried but failed, you may have better luck than I. Rest assured that you are not helpless. Should anyone harass you or do or say anything unwelcome towards you, they will answer to me. Or if you prefer talking to another woman, let Minh know and we'll deal with it."

"Also, do you prefer Polish or Russian?


"Polish is fine, but my Russian is better. I am happy to help but I won't do anything without at least my pistol. This camp is full of men- Red Army men- and Kazakhs at that, and I will not go about alone and unarmed. I do not mean to be difficult but if you had seen what I have seen, you would ask for the same."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2301 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 07:20
Re: Wyszkow
Piotr Pawlowski:
Piotr looked at Dawid, holding silent for a moment making his junior countryman wait just long enough for his response while he also considered the talk he’d had with the German captain in this matter before he answered.


Dawid waited for Piotr to continue at his leisure, smiling a little as he lit a cigarette, then offered the pack in a comradely fashion.

Piotr Pawlowski:
“Depends if that someone is just as wise as the commanding officer and also knows when the listen to recommendations" Although the words were said with a big smile there was definitely a serious undertone. “You and the captain have worked together for a while, so it makes sense.”


He smiled in return, obviously amused by the subtext of Piotr's words.

"Ah! So it all "depends" on if I "listen to recommendations", now, does it?"

Dawid casually waved away any response, his question being meant rhetorically.

"You did not look pleased with how I handled Vita's punishment. Please understand, unit discipline is my responsibility, no matter who it is. Vita and the rest of "your" people get no special treatment with regards to discipline, no option to follow orders or not if they feel like it. I trust you understand there cannot be two chains of command in the same unit, and that trust and a voice is not merely granted but must be earned, even by you."

"If that is not acceptable, then I'm sure something more suitable can be arranged."


Dawid saw Vita out of the corner of his eye and said to Piotr, "please pardon me, my friend, I must continue my discussion with our mechanic." He switched from Polish to Russian to talk to Vita, wondering if Piotr could follow the conversation and guessing he could.

Viktorya Nowak:
"Polish is fine, but my Russian is better. I am happy to help but I won't do anything without at least my pistol. This camp is full of men- Red Army men- and Kazakhs at that, and I will not go about alone and unarmed. I do not mean to be difficult but if you had seen what I have seen, you would ask for the same."


"Fine, I understand, Vita, and do not wish to be difficult in return. If this isn't acceptable and you wish to remain armed then of course you can see if the Russians will have need of your services, or I can have you dropped off somewhere convenient, like a community where you can find work and earn shelter."

Apparently, letting Vita keep her pistol wasn't on the table. He looked at Piotr, then back to Vita. "Your being disarmed is not just done out of spite, it's a symbol of our lack of trust you. If you want to earn back that trust then you'll abide by Konrad's decision. If not, there are other choices."


OOC: There were two interesting but parallel lines of conversation between Dawid and Piotr, and Dawid and Vita. I took the liberty of joining them. Please forgive me if it feels clumsy or forced!

This message was last edited by the player at 08:29, Tue 22 Feb 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 6 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 08:23
Re: Wyszkow
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Robert walks up to the Gurka soldier and extends his hand to him and says, "Hey.  Names Robert Tucker, foremerly of the U.S. 10th Mountain.  Mostly everyone calls me Tuck, Jay.  If you're interested, I got a Romanian AK folder and some mags if that Nagant & knife is all you got.  Even got a pistol if you want?"


Jay smiled at the warm welcome he received. Certainly more friendly than the Russians. He took the proferred hand and shook it vigourously. "Subha prabhat Tuck-ji. Yes please to new gun please." He dropped the old Mosin Nagant off his shoulder and held it up for inspection. "This is good gun, but as old as my grandfather, and just as slow! Also, I think Russian want it back if I leave. I take anything you offer. I very good shot with gun. Also good with rocket. Good tank killer! I kill many!" Realising he was getting a bit too excited, he quietened down. "What pistol you have?"
Robert Flemming
 player, 4 posts
 American
 CIA
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 14:09
Re: Wyszkow
Jan Cerny:
"It is 9x18mm Makarov," Jan replied, "so hopefully it will not be to hard to find.  I need clips though and not just rounds."


Rob nodded.
"Ah, the 9x18. A bit uncommon I think. But I am not a weapon specialist. I will ask the quartermaster later on."

He took a nip from his tea-mug and started searching for cigaretts.
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 23 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 18:49
Re: Wyszkow
Matias was depressed.  Losing two in such a minor scuffle, and then the surprise of Thor's dismissal had taken it out of him.  Janek's death hit him especially hard.  He'd always liked the man, and had thought of him as an older brother of sorts.  Janek had given Matias the 'bird & the bees' talk about a year earlier, because Matias never got one from his own parents.  Janek's version was more explicit than his father's would have been, to be sure, but Matias had been 18 at the time, and needed to know.

Other than quickly introducing himself to the newcomers with "I am Matias," and a quick handshake, he kept to himself for now.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 885 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 18:56
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz listened to Dawid's talk with Vita and said, "If Vita is worried about our Allies, I'll accompany her wherever she needs to go. I'll make sure no one takes advantage of her."
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 20 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 22:01
Re: Wyszkow
Piotr silently listens how Dawid makes his point. He knows when to keep quiet.

Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz listened to Dawid's talk with Vita and said, "If Vita is worried about our Allies, I'll accompany her wherever she needs to go. I'll make sure no one takes advantage of her."


Giving the Polish partisan an appreciative smile he talks “Thanks Mariusz, I think that's a very good idea,... assuming you agree of course” he completed after a short pause, while looking at Dawid.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:04, Tue 22 Feb 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1027 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 22:17
Re: Wyszkow
Mrityunjay Byanjankar:
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Robert walks up to the Gurka soldier and extends his hand to him and says, "Hey.  Names Robert Tucker, foremerly of the U.S. 10th Mountain.  Mostly everyone calls me Tuck, Jay.  If you're interested, I got a Romanian AK folder and some mags if that Nagant & knife is all you got.  Even got a pistol if you want?"


Jay smiled at the warm welcome he received. Certainly more friendly than the Russians. He took the proferred hand and shook it vigourously. "Subha prabhat Tuck-ji. Yes please to new gun please." He dropped the old Mosin Nagant off his shoulder and held it up for inspection. "This is good gun, but as old as my grandfather, and just as slow! Also, I think Russian want it back if I leave. I take anything you offer. I very good shot with gun. Also good with rocket. Good tank killer! I kill many!" Realising he was getting a bit too excited, he quietened down. "What pistol you have?"

Tuck nods and smiles, "Maybe old and slow but reliable to get you this far huh?"  He takes the Russian rifle from the Gurka and inspects it and then hands it back to him.  "You keep it for now unless someone tells you otherwise OK?  It's an American Colt forty-five with only the magazine in it but, it's full," he says as he waves him over to his rucksack where he's keeping the weapons.
Viktorya Nowak
 NPC, 44 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 23:15
Re: Wyszkow

Vita looks from Dawid to Mariusz, weighing her options. The young man looked earnest but you could never be sure with boys of that age...

"I made a mistake. I got scared and I didn't want to sit in a kill zone. I panicked. You're going to leave me defenseless for that? After I found you and brought you to the Spider? I could have saved your lives and this is how you repay me?"

She looks pointedly at Piotr, expecting his backing.

"Well?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2204 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 23:27
Re: Wyszkow

As you finish up your meager breakfast, the 10th TD's supply officer arrives. He's a thin, balding man, anywhere between 25-45 years of age. He introduces himself as Sergei Krinkov. Despite the prominent dark bags underneath his yellowed eyes, he is almost annoyingly jovial. His cheerful demeanor stands in stark contrast to his sickly visage. The stereotype of the Vodka-sodden manic depressive Russian comes instantly to mind.

"I hear that you have some weapons for us? This is most excellent. I suppose you have some needs as well?"

Someone informs him of your need for packs to replace those lost when you quite literally went underground in Warsaw.

"Packs? Of course we have packs! There's nothing in them, of course- hasn't been for weeks- so you are welcome to have a few. How many do you need? Blankets and winter gear, though, we don't even have enough for our own men. We chose the wrong time of year to defect. If we'd waited a couple of weeks, we might have gotten our winter clothing issue but I have my doubts. We've had to scrounge most of the cold weather gear we do have. The medical officer will tell you that several of our men are suffering from frostbight. Can't help you there."

When batteries are mentioned, Krinkov laughs for a good minute before composing himself enough to answer.

"Batteries? Are you serious? No, the recon team and the general have the last pair and they are both running low on power. Johnstone's 'Blackbird' dropped a few for his fancy satellite radio but that was, oh, about two months ago. We have no motor vehicles with which to charge them. Our batteries aren't as good as your NATO ones."
Jan Cerny
 player, 918 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 23:39
Re: Wyszkow
Robert Flemming:
Rob nodded.
"Ah, the 9x18. A bit uncommon I think. But I am not a weapon specialist. I will ask the quartermaster later on."

He took a nip from his tea-mug and started searching for cigaretts.

Jan lit a cigarette and offered Flemming a drag.  Just one, enough to take the edge off the nicotine craving.  He smoked the rest himself.

He smiled at the American's comment.  "You are not a weapon specialist as you say.  That round is the round fired by the Makarov pistol amongst others and the SMG I have is often called the Polish Uzi.  Therefore it is not uncommon in Poland, though the mags I need may be rare amongst the 10th."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:44, Tue 22 Feb 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 318 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 23:58
Re: Wyszkow

Craig studied the Russian supply officer before asking:

"We have an RPG-7 but no grenades. Apart from that I'll take one of the packs even though I have shit all to put in it."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2207 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 00:11
Re: Wyszkow

Krinkov adds that, as far as he knows, there are no PM-84 mags among the men of the 10th. He suggests that perhaps one of the Polish townspeople is hiding one somewhere but it's plainly a shot in the dark.

To Craig, Krinkov explains,

"We have only two RPG launchers and a handful of rockets between them. Are you a good shot, because my men are not."
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 221 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 00:47
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff only shrugs at Konrad's reception of Byanjankar.  As the Gurkha wanders about the unit, he says to Konrad "I'm only the delivery boy.  Talk to the General if you don't want him.  Flemming is agency as well, but he's not like me.  Paperwork and analysis side of things.  Probe him if you want some more intel of the big picture.

I'm going to speak with Johnstone now to see if he's come up with anything."


With that, Jeff departs, first nodding farewell to Flemming.  With that he seeks out the General and Johnstone.

First seeking the General asks "Sir I hope your wounds are recovering well.  It is a shame about those Kazakh traitors.  I'm sure after this battle it won't be an issue again.  Anyway, the unit I came with is eager to learn their place in the battle plan.  If you want to pass this on to me so I can pass it onto the unit, they would appreciate it.  Or if you are up to it I'm sure they have many questions.  They are very impatient"  After speaking with the General, Jeff looks for Johnstone.

Upon finding him with the Doctor, Jeff asks for a moment of privacy away from the Doctor and medics.  "How's the face?  You look absurd with those bandages.

Anyway, have you had any word from higher lately?  Do we have any assets in place to help us out in regards to equipment for us, or strikes against Warsaw?  I've got good coordinates on several targets, although I suspect that our allies have some heavier firepower of their own.  Any more FROGs lying around, like that one we used outside of Pisz?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:58, Wed 23 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1388 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 03:40
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Jeff D. Warren (msg #191):

"I didn't say I didn't want him." Bayer replies. "Just hesitant and skeptical about the motives when any unit tries to unload someone onto another."

Bayer then changes the topic and says, "Find out what the Division plans on doing so my team can figure out how we can fit into things."

Turning to watch Jay for a moment, Bayer quickly gets the impression that the man is quiet friendly and open. The man seemed like a decent fellow all around actually. When Jay looks in his direction, Bayer nods to the Gurkha and says simply, "I am Kaptain Bayer." and waits to see what the man has to say - if anything.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 11 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 08:48
Re: Wyszkow
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tuck nods and smiles, "Maybe old and slow but reliable to get you this far huh?"  He takes the Russian rifle from the Gurka and inspects it and then hands it back to him.  "You keep it for now unless someone tells you otherwise OK?  It's an American Colt forty-five with only the magazine in it but, it's full," he says as he waves him over to his rucksack where he's keeping the weapons.


Taking the Mosin Nagant back from Tucker, Jay replied, "I only use few time since I come here one month ago with my friend. Before, I have just this for many month in wood." He gestured toward the kukri knife on his belt. "I live in wood since my mission end, many month now. Enemy no find me, I sneaky!" He grinned and tapped the side of his nose.

Konrad Bayer:
Turning to watch Jay for a moment, Bayer quickly gets the impression that the man is quiet friendly and open. The man seemed like a decent fellow all around actually. When Jay looks in his direction, Bayer nods to the Gurkha and says simply, "I am Kaptain Bayer." and waits to see what the man has to say - if anything.


Hearing the German officer's greeting, Jay turned to face him. He snapped a formal salute, holding it as he spoke. "Namaste Kapitanbayer-ji. I Mrityunjay Byanjankar, Corporal, Firs Battalion, Seven Duke of Edinburgh Own Gurkha Rifle. I loyal British soldier, I fight good, I kill many enemy, I fight for you army now, help all friend go home." He held the salute until it was returned, and waited for the man's response. Hopefully he would be allowed to join the new team and leave the Russian's behind.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 320 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 09:16
Re: Wyszkow
Cap'n Rae:
To Craig, Krinkov explains,

"We have only two RPG launchers and a handful of rockets between them. Are you a good shot, because my men are not."


Craig shrugs his shoulders:

"I tagged two of the BTR's and missed two shots on the BMP, so I guess OK."

He seems to be deep in thought for a moment then adds:

"Could of been worse."

Craig is not smiling as he adjusts his position in his chair to favour his unwounded leg.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2305 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 09:51
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Viktorya Nowak (msg #186):

Dawid didn't respond directly to Piotr.

Nevertheless, with Piotr's response about Vita's situation, Dawid's body language subtly changed. The tension between the two men ebbing away as some kind of non-verbal communication passed between them.

"See? Your boyfriend here thinks Maruisz's offer is a solid one." Dawid smiled at Piotr, then back to Vita. Piotr could tell this was more of a friendly jab, not a barbed comment meant to get under his skin.

"There's nothing I wouldn't like more than to get into a debate with you, Vita. Suffice to say, without the factors you mention it could be a lot worse."

"For the third and final time, no gun until we say so. What's it going to be?"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:05, Wed 23 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1390 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 12:52
Re: Wyszkow
Mrityunjay Byanjankar:
Hearing the German officer's greeting, Jay turned to face him. He snapped a formal salute, holding it as he spoke. "Namaste Kapitanbayer-ji. I Mrityunjay Byanjankar, Corporal, Firs Battalion, Seven Duke of Edinburgh Own Gurkha Rifle. I loyal British soldier, I fight good, I kill many enemy, I fight for you army now, help all friend go home." He held the salute until it was returned, and waited for the man's response. Hopefully he would be allowed to join the new team and leave the Russian's behind.


Bayer returned the salute, a gesture that suddenly felt strange and forgotten. He couldn't remember the last time he saluted somebody, having been on the go and in the field for so long now. But then again, considering how the past was blurring together, it might have been just yesterday.

"Right." Bayer replies finally. Then instead of giving the man "the new guy talk" like he had planned, Bayer suddenly changes his mind and simply offers the man his hand and says, "Welcome aboard."
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 14 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 13:00
Re: Wyszkow
Konrad Bayer:
"Right." Bayer replies finally. Then instead of giving the man "the new guy talk" like he had planned, Bayer suddenly changes his mind and simply offers the man his hand and says, "Welcome aboard."


Jay grasped the Kapitan's hand and shook it firmly, a wide grin spreading across his face. He bowed in head in a gesture of respect to the man who has just become his new commanding officer.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:27, Wed 23 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1392 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 13:53
Re: Wyszkow
Monika Sawicki:
Monika waited until the Captain has a free moment, then tried to speak to him in English.  She held up her Doctor's bag.  "Have droogs.  Need..."  Monika couldn't think of the words, so she dug in the medical bag and pulled some wrapped gauze pads and a roll of white bandaging tape.  She displayed them for the Captain to see.  "...More"


"Hmm, field dressings, yes?" Bayer says while looking at the bandages. "I'm sure those are at least easier to come by than medicine." he adds, before realizing she probably didn't understand him.

Nodding slowly, he says, "Yes. Okay." and scratched a memo in his field message pad.

Following this, Bayer turns to Jan and says, "It's redundant to go chasing after supplies before we know of our mission, but once we do, I want you to deal with it. Alright?" He then passes him the scrap of paper. "You are now in charge of administrative requests."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:55, Wed 23 Feb 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 922 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 15:18
Re: Wyszkow
Konrad Bayer:
Nodding slowly, he says, "Yes. Okay." and scratched a memo in his field message pad.

Following this, Bayer turns to Jan and says, "It's redundant to go chasing after supplies before we know of our mission, but once we do, I want you to deal with it. Alright?" He then passes him the scrap of paper. "You are now in charge of administrative requests."

"Thanks!" Jan replied a little sourly.  "How much time do you think we have before we need to move out?"
Robert Flemming
 player, 6 posts
 American
 CIA
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 16:07
Re: Wyszkow
Jan Cerny:
Jan lit a cigarette and offered Flemming a drag.  Just one, enough to take the edge off the nicotine craving.  He smoked the rest himself.

He smiled at the American's comment.  "You are not a weapon specialist as you say.  That round is the round fired by the Makarov pistol amongst others and the SMG I have is often called the Polish Uzi.  Therefore it is not uncommon in Poland, though the mags I need may be rare amongst the 10th."


He took a deep drag. "Lord, those bloody Polish cigaretts." But he smiled and took another nip of his tea. "Yeah, you're right." he said to Jan. "The good old Polish Uzi. I meant it could uncommon here among the 10th."

When the supply officer arrived, Rob turned to him with a small sheet of paper from his writing pad. "Good to see you sir. I've got a short list what Mr. Warren needs. And we need some ammo 9x18. 120 rounds, if possible."
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 23 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 20:56
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Viktorya Nowak (msg #186):

Piotr was suddenly aware Vita was looking at him for support. Something he couldn't give. The fact that she'd made a decision to negotiate over a direct order only made her position worse. He wondered if she really didn't see that.

“Sorry Viktoria, it's Dawid's decision. Even if I thought it unwise for any combatant to walk around unarmed, it beats the usual penalty for your actions. Be it out of panic or otherwise.”

“Mariusz is a good boy, I completely trust him and so should you. You do what you do best, do your tinkering and I'm sure you'll be able to redeem yourself.”


After these words his eyes rested on her waiting for her to reply to Dawid's lingering question.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2306 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 07:14
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Piotr Pawlowski (msg #201):

Dawid nodded his thanks to Piotr.

"Only not just my decision. Konrad's, too, which I support. You let me know what you want to do, okay? I have other things to attend to so I must take my leave."

"Oh yes, Vita, should you decide to stay then please look into the battery situation."


Leaving Vita and Piotr with a nod, he sought out the Russian quartermaster, and procured a backpack for all personnel in the unit that needed one, which was basically all personnel in the unit.

He then sought out Konrad.

"Kaptain, I can report that Vita's not happy with being disarmed, but I made it clear that was her only option. She may or may not stay, her choice. I am happy to say Piotr supports this course. I gather he was the section leader under the Baron, but I believe he's going to fit into our unit nicely, he shows initiative and cares for his people. Qualities to note for the future."

When I can, I will reorganise the unit. Any suggestions or recommendations? Or will you have Jan do this?"

"At any rate, I advocate we don't wait for the Baron to strike. Using the truck and one or more wagons we can pull many people... slowly."

"Also, if no one has contacted the Queen to make a report, let's do that now."


If no one had contacted the Queen that day, he takes care of that immediately. He asks around for the best radio operator, including the present personnel, the Russians, and the team's new personnel. He guesses it's Warren but wants to make sure!

This message was last edited by the player at 07:18, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1396 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 12:43
Re: Wyszkow
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Kaptain, I can report that Vita's not happy with being disarmed, but I made it clear that was her only option. She may or may not stay, her choice. I am happy to say Piotr supports this course. I gather he was the section leader under the Baron, but I believe he's going to fit into our unit nicely, he shows initiative and cares for his people. Qualities to note for the future."

When I can, I will reorganise the unit. Any suggestions or recommendations? Or will you have Jan do this?"

"At any rate, I advocate we don't wait for the Baron to strike. Using the truck and one or more wagons we can pull many people... slowly."

"Also, if no one has contacted the Queen to make a report, let's do that now."


Bayer nods and replies, "Well... keep an eye on her, as long as she is here anyway. Also, perhaps the 10th can accomodate her and take her on in some capacity - a support position or something."

"Hold off on the reorganizing. That'll happen once we know what our objective is first."
Bayer then pauses, and adds, "I have a feeling you are going to want the Polish contingent to be in one group, under yourself?"

Finally he says, "I would like to act now as well, before we lose the initiative. Only waiting to see what the General has to say, but after that we can get started. And yes, try to see if someone can setup a directional antenna for our radio."

"And the batteries!"
he reminds him.

Turning to Jeff, Bayer then says, "We need to see the General."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:45, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 936 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 13:06
Re: Wyszkow
"Konrad," Jan interjected.  "After I have spoken to the 10th's Quartermaster, and while you and Jeff speak to the General, I am going to go and talk to the Mayor to get some idea of the strength of the village militia.  I will also see if they have anything worth trading for.  Is that ok?  I will take some of the Poles with me, particularly Monika as her medical skills might help the villagers stay friendly.  If we need to leave soon then we can be back quickly."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1397 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 13:12
Re: Wyszkow
Jan Cerny:
"Is that ok?  I will take some of the Poles with me, particularly Monika as her medical skills might help the villagers stay friendly.  If we need to leave soon then we can be back quickly."


Bayer shakes his head in agreement, "Yes. Good idea."
Jan Cerny
 player, 937 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 13:21
Re: Wyszkow
"Ok," Jan announced to everyone else still present.  "I am going to see the 10th's Quartermaster briefly before going into the village to speak to the Mayor to find out more about the village and whether there is anything worth trading for.  It would also be good to find out more about the village militia.  Anyone is welcome to come along but I would like Monika and Jay to join me for certain.  Monika, it is possible that the villagers have a need for medical advice, though the 10th may have already done that, and Jay, I assume that you know your way around?  Anyone coming, we leave in twenty minutes."

Jan then repeated himself in Polish to ensure that everyone understood.

Before he left to go and see the 10th's Quartermaster Jan gave the satchel with Alexei's code books and maps in it to Konrad.  If Konrad was going to see the General then that might be the right time to share that intel.  That was for Konrad to decide though.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:58, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 20 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 13:48
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #206):

"Please to come with you, mister..." he tailed off, as Jan had not yet introduced himself. "If I am leave here I must return rifle," indicating the Mosin Nagant on his shoulder. "We see quartermaster, then we go to village. I know way, I have map." At the last he tapped the side of his head, indicating that the map was in his head.

Turning back to Tuck, he said, "excuse please mister Tuck-ji. I will take the AIMS-74 if you spare." Once Tuck has handed it over he continued, "dhanybhad, thank you." He then quickly checked the weapon to make sure it was serviceable, and that the mag was correctly fitted. Finally, he checked the safety was on, before holding it by the foregrip, in a non-threatening manner.

Once Jan and the others were ready he said, "follow please, we go."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:41, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1399 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 13:53
Re: Wyszkow
Before Jan leaves, Bayer says to him, as a friendly jab, "Field dressings."
Jan Cerny
 player, 939 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 13:57
Re: Wyszkow
"That was one of the key things I wanted to sort out and is part of the reason I am taking Monika," Jan replied to Konrad's prompt.  "I am also going to give Monika the medic bag and supplies that Anneka gave me before we left the boat.  I am not a very good medic and Monika has proved herself."

Jan realised that he hadn't introduced himelf to the new recruit.  "I am Jan Cerny," he replied in accented English, offering his hand in greeting to Jay and stressing that his first name was pronounced Yahn"Formerly a Sergent Chef in the FFL.  Dawid, Tuck and I are the Capitaine's NCOs."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:03, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 887 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 14:12
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz looked over at Vita and said, "Come with me, the more useful you are the sooner you'll get your guns back."

He walked over to the Kaptain and said, "Sir, permission to try to fix up the motorcycle first. If we can't raise the Krowola from here we might be able to use it to get a radio closer to the tug."

He paused and said, "May I also draw a second weapon to issue to Vita if I deem it absolutly necessary for her survival? I've been without a gun in this world, Sir, and I don't ever want to be again. She's too pretty to last long without either a minder or a gun. I wouldn't give it too her unless our lives were under threat but I'd rather have the option than not, Sir."
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 21 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 14:12
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #209):

Jay took Jan's hand and shook it, again beaming a big smile. "Namaste, Yahn-ji." These people certainly seemed a lot more friendly than the Russians. As Jan continued a look of puzzlement overtook Jay's face. "You no look like cook."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1401 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 14:34
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz Tokarski:
He walked over to the Kaptain and said, "Sir, permission to try to fix up the motorcycle first. If we can't raise the Krowola from here we might be able to use it to get a radio closer to the tug."


"Alright." Bayer agrees, "See what you can do. We might not have much time though."

After hesitating, Bayer looks at Dawid and then quietly addresses the second request, "If there are no objections from any of the NCOs then it may be permitted. A pistol only... and keep it unloaded with the magazine in a separate pocket. Then upon returning the pistol is to be turned back in."
Monika Sawicki
 player, 96 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 14:54
Re: Wyszkow
     Monika examined the remaining supplies in her Doctor's bag.  After the 10th's Doctor had helped himself to what was in it earlier, there wasn't a lot left over.  Monika suspected that a few antibiotic and painkilling tablets had gone into the Doctor's pockets as "payment" for treating Johnstone's wounds.  Fortunately, he didn't go near Monika's backpack.  It would have been at best... uncomfortable... to have to explain why she would have shot him... several times... in the head.

     The medic heard the mission being given out.  Maybe she could use this as an opportunity to scrounge locate and salvage some items that the team could use.  She walked over to Mariusz.  Happy to be using a language she knew, she spoke to him.  "Would you ask the Captain if I could borrow Vita to help me?  She could help me with the villagers."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:25, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2308 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 15:58
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #210):

Dawid cocked his head and replied to Konrad. "Ha, the batteries? I'll see if Vita can rig something up. So far, no luck for me or the Russians."

He shook his head as Mariusz requested a weapon for Vita.

"No need to carry something for her, if it comes to that then we'll issue her a weapon at that time."

"Also, if she's staying her priority is to get a battery charger set up. That is her main priority, that and maintaining the truck. I hope that's clear."



OOC: I know the Russians don't have a charger, can they rig one up? Sorry, I can't recall if this was settled or not, thanks!
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 888 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 16:05
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz listened to Dawid and then replied, "So if I'm off with her and we get into a situation where she needs a gun, I'm to return to the unit and request one from stores, got it."

Maybe I'll just shoot her on the spot to save her any further pain, Mariusz thought.

He heard Monika's request and said, "The Kaptain's tasked us with fixing the motorcycle first. If you set up your aid station nest to where we work I can help you with the villagers as well as help Vita. Before you go, you might want to request the .45 pistol, I know your gun is only for self defence but if it jams you might want back up. It's an idea, take it or leave it."
Minh Quyen
 player, 553 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 16:19
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Mariusz Tokarski (msg #215):

"I'll go with you." Quyen says. She then lights up one of her smokes and takes a count of those remaining in the waterproof case, eight. "Whenever you are ready."
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 22 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 16:37
Re: Wyszkow
Jay approached the Quartermaster and returned the rifle and ammunition he had been issued. He didn't feel the need to say anything. The man had been very rude when he had reluctantly given Jay the ancient weapon, so he was glad to be rid of him.

Returned to QM:
Mosin-Nagant Model 1891/30
25x 7.62mmR rounds

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2212 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 16:48
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff D. Warren:
First seeking the General asks "Sir I hope your wounds are recovering well.  It is a shame about those Kazakh traitors.  I'm sure after this battle it won't be an issue again.  Anyway, the unit I came with is eager to learn their place in the battle plan.  If you want to pass this on to me so I can pass it onto the unit, they would appreciate it.  Or if you are up to it I'm sure they have many questions.  They are very impatient"  After speaking with the General, Jeff looks for Johnstone.


The general, resting in bed in the mayor's large house, is cleary agitated.

"They are impatient? We can't sit around here much longer. The men are literally beginning to starve. Even men I was sure would remain loyal are deserting. We are getting weaker and I suspect this Baron fool is gaining strength from our losses. He must know how weak we are now. I can't make this more clear. Your friends say they have an armored tug. Where is it? They ask for much and offer little. They talk and talk and it leads nowhere! We need that food, Mr. Warren. We will attack tomorrow, one way or another."

Jeff D. Warren:
Upon finding him with the Doctor, Jeff asks for a moment of privacy away from the Doctor and medics.  "How's the face?  You look absurd with those bandages.

Anyway, have you had any word from higher lately?  Do we have any assets in place to help us out in regards to equipment for us, or strikes against Warsaw?  I've got good coordinates on several targets, although I suspect that our allies have some heavier firepower of their own.  Any more FROGs lying around, like that one we used outside of Pisz?"


Johnstone chuckles at the memory of the mushroom cloud over Pisz. Capturing one of Ivan's own tac-nukes and then using it against him was one of their finest moments as a team.

His speech is still somewhat slurred, but it's much clearer now after receiving treatment from the 10th's medical officer.

"HQ is wooling out an airdwop vif clofe to Wawfaw. Dey have duh bird, but dey don wanna wisk it. Dey've pwomised an airdwop aftuh we take duh fity. Bwilliant, eh? I keep tewwing dem dat we're wosing the Tenf, but dey're not budgin'."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:50, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Viktorya Nowak
 NPC, 44 posts
 Russian
 Deserter
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 17:00
Re: Wyszkow

Vita spits "This is bullshit, Piotr! And you know it!" before stalking off with Mariusz. He seems like a good kid, but all boys are the same, especially at his age- sooner or later he'd make his first clumsy, dick-brained move on her, and then what? Her sambo was pretty good...

She pops the hood on the old Ural and finds the alternator.

"I need some wires."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:00, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2215 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 17:01
Re: Wyszkow

A cry goes up around the town.

"Tanks! Tanks are coming up the road!"

This morning just keeps getting better and better.

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:02, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1402 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 17:07
Re: Wyszkow
Cap'n Rae:
The general, resting in bed in the mayor's large house, is cleary agitated.

"They are impatient? We can't sit around here much longer. The men are literally beginning to starve. Even men I was sure would remain loyal are deserting. We are getting weaker and I suspect this Baron fool is gaining strength from our losses. He must know how weak we are now. I can't make this more clear. Your friends say they have an armored tug. Where is it? They ask for much and offer little. They talk and talk and it leads nowhere! We need that food, Mr. Warren. We will attack tomorrow, one way or another."


Standing next to Jeff, Bayer says as diplomatically as possible, "With respect General, everyone is talking - except for you. And you are the voice I need to hear before I can start issuing any orders."

"We are going to try to reestablish radio contact with our gunboat and militia allies to the south. And you will be informed immediately when that happens. Which can be in as little as twenty minutes if you have a signaller to assist us."

Bayer then says, "In the meantime General, my team is nearly ready except for some minor administrative issues."

"I want, I need, to know about your input into your division's involvement in the attack. I can't plan without knowing what your intentions are. My team will be able to infiltrate and attack point targets, but your force plays too huge a role to go ahead and plan without your input first."

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1404 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 17:46
Re: Wyszkow
Leaving the General's side, Bayer races back to the rest of the team, shouting, "Fall in for battle..."

"Assault One, Tucker, Quyen, Mariusz and Matias."

"Assault Two, Jan, Sutherland, Warren and Jay."

"Support (MG/Sniper) Dawid, Piotr, Teo, Janis, Lech. Teo grab that RPK-74 and some ammo."

"Headquarters, myself, Flemming, Sawiki and Nowak (medic asst.)."


Bayer then looks to whoever sounded the alarm and tries to find out which direction is the enemy approaching from and how many are there.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:24, Thu 24 Feb 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 889 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 18:08
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz heard his officer's call and said, "Looks like life has caught up with us again, let's move it."

He rallied to his position and checked his gun, "Sergeant," he said to Dawid, "does this count as a situation where Vita gets a gun or should I instruct her to use harsh language against the tanks?"
Jan Cerny
 player, 942 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 22:52
Re: Wyszkow
Konrad had issued squad assignments so Jan went into full NCO mode.  He gave Teo the RPK-74 with ten 30 round mags for it, Jay the Romanian AIMS-74 with seven 30 round mags and Flemming the AKS-74U with five 30 round mags.  It appeared that Konrad had forgotten the other CIA man Flemming so Jan also gave him the PRC-77 Manpack Radio that Dieter had carried previously and then dragged him over to Konrad.

"Konrad, we seem to have Flemming with us as well.  I've given him the spare manpack radio as well as a carbine.  He can operate as a dedicated radio operator for you if you need him to."

Jan then rushed over to the 10th's Quartermaster and pointed to the pile of 7.62x39mm weapons and ammo that had been piled in a corner.  He spoke in Polish or English, whichever the Russian understood best.  "They are for the 10th.  Issue them as you need them.  If you have any rockets for an RPG-7 or any other AT weapons you can give us we must have them now!  We will go tank hunting I believe!"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2217 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 02:49
Re: Wyszkow

You move quickly, south along the main road through Wyszkow, towards the rumoured approaching armor. Those of you with binoculars or rifle scopes find good vantage points with clear LOS and peer down the road. Through the early morning haze you spot the offending "tank".

There it is- the Baron's PTSM. You've seen it before. It creaks to a stop over a kilometer away and a greeting booms towards you across the fields from a powerful loudspeaker. You can't understand more than a few words of what is said but it's not for lack of volume.

The 10th TD's quartermaster followed you from your billet and he translates for you (through one of the party's Russian speakers).

"It's Kazakh. It's one of the deserters. He's saying, 'Come join us. The Baron is a honorable man. There is much to eat and warm lodgings waiting in Warsaw. He has told us to tell you that tonight is your last chance. Tomorrow, the Baron will destroy all who remain. No quarter will be given. He has tanks and artillery- we have seen them. You don't have to die. Come, join us. You will be well treated. We have suffered enough. The Americans have given us nothing. The Baron is our true friend. If you don't leave by tomorrow at dawn, we can't save you. Goodbye, brothers. We hope to see you soon. Er, that is all."

The PTSM spins on its tracks and clanks off towards Warsaw.

Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:58, Fri 25 Feb 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2310 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 04:10
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #222):

"Yes sir."

He called out in Polish,

"Piotr, Lech, Teo, Woj. On me!"

"Woj, you're my assistant with the PKM so grab the ammo. Teo, you're on the RPK-74. Piotr, you're our spotter."


After a short jog they got into position where they could pour flanking fire on any dismounts, but that didn't appear to be necessary. Dawid debated checking in on the radio but decided against it, instead locating himself close to Konrad so the support element could be more easily directed by the Kaptain.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 25 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 08:28
Re: Wyszkow
Cap'n Rae:
A cry goes up around the town.

"Tanks! Tanks are coming up the road!"

This morning just keeps getting better and better.

Next Moves?


As the cry went out Jay quickly stuffed the magazines into his webbing, even though they were an awkward fit for his British PLCE, and stowed the rest of his new kit as best he could. Hearing the Kapitan's order he joined up with Jan, Craig and Warren, with his new weapon ready.

Finding good cover he scanned for signs of activity, first with his eyes then using his newly acquired binoculars. He spotted the tank in question. As the loudspeaker belched forth it's propaganda, he listened to the translated version, and did his best to follow it.

The message seemed to be the usual rhetoric, stay and you will die, desert and you will live. Not subtle or clever, but could be effective. Turning to his team, he said, "he lie! He bandar ko chaak!"

OOC - Rae, any chance of a new map?

This message was last edited by the player at 08:29, Fri 25 Feb 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 322 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 09:30
Re: Wyszkow

Craig rose from his chair and cast a glance towards the supply officer. He made a move towards the man then turned and followed the other members of the team. He muttered under his breath "Never enough bloody time."

He made a gimace when he saw what the "tank" was;

"You know what my friends I will at some soon stage take great joy in blowing that bloody thing off it tracks."

"It looks like we are going to have to make a move sooner then later. That is bloody convincing even though it is untrue. The new recruit probably has a gun to his head and the rest of his fellow traitors are in a heap behind him."

He raises his field glasses and tries to spot any other personnel.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar:
"he lie! He bandar ko chaak!"


Without lowering his glasses he says:

"In the land of mad people, there are insane rituals."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:31, Fri 25 Feb 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 890 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 11:21
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz joined Tucker, his team leader and said, "So, looks like the Baron's come to us. Nice of him to save us the walk. How do you think this will go down? I presume we're going to wait til dark and mount a fighting recce patrol. Find out what the Baron's got and cause as much carnage as we can. Damn, I love it when a plan comes together."
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 227 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 13:47
Re: Wyszkow
Turning to the others, Jeff says worriedly "His argument although false is very convincing.  We need to address the 10th and keep them from deserting.  You who've fought with him need to tell them of the horrors you've seen, which you have seen whether you like it or not.  We need to convince them that they will be treated like garbage if they join the Baron, whereas if we liberate the city we will be treated as heroes.

Additionally, we have been promised an air drop once the city is secure.  I'm not sure what will be on it, but we can sort that out after the fight."


Jeff tells the General "Sir, you need to address your troops.  The NATO unit I've been with has some deserters from the Baron's forces.  They will back up the tails of his horrors."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2218 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 19:39
Re: Wyszkow

The men of the 10th are rounded up by their Russian officers and senior NCOs and brought to the village square. With some help, the General climbs atop a permanently parked car and addresses all of those within earshot. His speech, although somewhat long-winded, is rousing. Although you have yet to see him lead his men in battle, you appreciate Koronev's motivational speaking as top-notch.

The defectors from the Baron's army are introduced, and a few of them share a a couple of choice low-lights from their experience in his service. The part about the primacy of the veteran Poles and Ukranians in the Black Legion seems particularly persuasive. By the end of the impromptu rally, most of the Kazakhs seem molified, if not convinced. From the rally, you proceed to the modest town hall. The General is there, along with his senior officers. Johnstone is there too- he looks like he's got a bad case of the mumps.

"We must attack today. We can't wait for this tug of yours. Hell, we can't wait until tomorrow. I don't know how much good our little dog and pony show did. I'm afraid we'll lose even more men tonight to desertion. We must give them something to do, something to fight for. We must take the fight to the enemy. I want you to scout ahead and find targets for the 120mm mortars. According to our intelligence, there is a toll station south of here on the main highway. We'll start there. If the Baron really is preparing an attack for tomorrow, it's likely that his forces are beginning to mass there. Once the Baron's forces have been softened up, we will attack in force. We'll start there and continue to fight until we've taken Warsaw or been killed trying.

"That is, unless you have a better plan?"



Next Moves?
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 26 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:14
Re: Wyszkow
Luckily Piotr didn't get much time to think about Vita's outburst as it only angered him.

When Bayer came back he had already picked up his rifle and gear. Listening to the Captain's orders he quickly fell in at Dawid's side. As by the pluto's orders Piotr quickly searched for the best observation spot to set up. Soon he put his eye to the scope, scanning for possible other movement, inwardly wishing the ugly vehicle to come just a little closer.

Although his Russian was not that strong the combination of the words honorable and Baron so close in the same sentence forced a moment of sarcasm to surface.

“Yeah, I'm sure he'll honorably put a bullet in your back the moment you take him up on that offer.” he voiced to no one in particular.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1033 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 22:36
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz joined Tucker, his team leader and said, "So, looks like the Baron's come to us. Nice of him to save us the walk. How do you think this will go down? I presume we're going to wait til dark and mount a fighting recce patrol. Find out what the Baron's got and cause as much carnage as we can. Damn, I love it when a plan comes together."

Tucker takes out one of his cigars and lights it, drawing on it until the whole thing is fully lit.  He turns to Mariusz, "It's been coming Mari.  We've been messing with him for long enough now, and I guess he's had enough.  Can't blame him really, we did do a number on his troops in a short amount of time.  Now, we're faced with either shitting or getting off the pot as they say.

I think that the leader of the 10th is going to try and talk to everyone because we're almost out of food and the desertions are going to continue if we don't act now.  He's just forcing our hand a little earlier than we would've liked.  We might be up for reecein' some of his areas for targets of opportunity.  I don't think our anti-tank capacity is all that great either."

Robert Flemming
 player, 7 posts
 American
 CIA
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 06:28
Re: Wyszkow
Rob got his new SMG and was then interrupted by the loud alarm "Tanks Tanks".
Is he attacking right now? was his first thought.
Everybody knew what to do, except Rob. Finaly he had a radio and was standing next to the German Captain. He looked at the radio and smilied because of this odd and old communication-"thing".

The words from the loudspeacker were clear for him. Therefore he didn't listened to the quartermaster. "Nice man, the baron." he said more to himself than to anyother.

In the town hall Rob listened carefully to Jeff and the General.
Then, a small flash of inspiration appeared. He turned to Jeff and whispered. "Sir, I have got some pictures of mass graves. I collected them on a recce mission a few months ago. Well, it's not a problem to say that these are deflectors, killed by the baron. Isn't it a good argument?

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 26 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 09:02
Re: Wyszkow
After the rallying call from the General, things seemed to settle, for a while at least. Jay quickly returned to his original billet and gathered the last of his belongings, which didn't exactly take long. Once back with the squad heapproached approached Jan, wondering if the shopping trip to the village was still going to happen. "We go village now?"
Craig Sutherland
 player, 323 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 10:04
Re: Wyszkow

Seeing Jan Craig walks over and asks:

"Mind if I tag along on your shopping trip ?"

If there are no objections Craig will join Jan and Jay as they go to the village.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2313 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 10:08
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #231):

“Yeah, I'm sure he'll honorably put a bullet in your back the moment you take him up on that offer.” he voiced to no one in particular.

Dawid replied, "too right, I doubt the Baron has much use for foreigners any more!"

When the situation looked like it wasn't going to explode, he sighed with relief. "Okay, let's get back. We've got work to do. Piotr, please stay on Vita, it's important we get those batteries charged, and the truck gets any maintenance it needs."

He finds the Kaptain talking with the General at the town hall. He translates, as necessary.

"This is an empty country, we could merely move out of the way of his blow. But you know? I think the time is right to strike. I'll organise the team with that in mind.

"Also, General, I offer my expertise as an artillerist. I'm one of the best there are, and I'm an expert with the 120mm mortar."

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 891 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 10:41
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz nodded at Tuck's assessment, "Well, I'm ready to go. I have one 40mm grenade left, a few grenades and plenty of ammo. I wonder if the 10th have any AT mines? They might be useful if we can get in close."
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 27 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 14:28
Re: Wyszkow
As requested by Dawid Piotr, followed by both Lech and Teo,  accompanied Vita back to the Ural. He still didn’t feel like talking to the Russian girl who, according to him, had crossed the line when she’d started to question and argue every single decision made by both of them.  He was sure she’d do it again if he gave her that opportunity.

Half way there though, a messenger reached up to the group. The captain needed someone to convey the true nature of the Baron to the men of the 10th. The three poles quickly decided Piotr’s storytelling and motivational skills were probably best suited for this.

“Lech, make sure Nowak  gets those batteries charged and the truck going. I’ll come and check in as soon as I’m finished.” He said while looking from Lech to Vita. “Lech and I go back a few years so don’t even think of arguing. Get the bateries charged and I'll put in a good word for you” He completed sternly before the Russian girl could interrupt.

After that he was off to the village square to inform the Kazakhs of the Baron’s true nature.
Monika Sawicki
 player, 97 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 18:06
Re: Wyszkow
     Monika was as ready as she could be for what the unit was going to do.  She stayed near the Captain, following him around as he did what he was doing.
Jan Cerny
 player, 947 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 21:51
Re: Wyszkow
Mrityunjay Byanjankar:
Once back with the squad heapproached approached Jan, wondering if the shopping trip to the village was still going to happen. "We go village now?"

Jan nodded to Jay's question and then to Craig's request to join any trip to the village.  "I am not sure," he replied.  "It depends on when we are setting out."

He walked over to Konrad.  "Capitane.  What is the plan?  Are we leaving now or in a little while?"

Noticing Monika standing near to Konrad Jan slipped the medic bag that Anneka had given him from over his shoulder and passed it over to her.  Switching to Polish he explained.  "You are a much better medic than I.  I hope that you do not need to use the contents!"
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 230 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 23:40
Re: Wyszkow
He whispers back to Rob "Excellent idea.  Show them to any you can, and let them know precisely what the costs are."

Next overhearing Craig and Jan, he says
"You're not going to find anything in the village that the 10th hasn't already scavenged.  We're leaving soon anyway.  As for the batteries, I may be able to rig something up, but we're best using the Comms officer if he's free.  I can help you translate."

As Johnstone, the General, Konrad and the others discuss plans, Jeff asks in English and Russian "It is a good plan, and I agree that we must leave immediately.  Am I to assume I will accompany the NATO unit? Or do you want me with some of the men?[the 10th]".

This message was last edited by the player at 23:41, Sat 26 Feb 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 325 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 00:58
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff D. Warren:
Next overhearing Craig and Jan, he says
"You're not going to find anything in the village that the 10th hasn't already scavenged.  We're leaving soon anyway.  As for the batteries, I may be able to rig something up, but we're best using the Comms officer if he's free.  I can help you translate."


"Very true, but we can have a snoop around if we have the time. We also need to swing by the supply officers place to see if we can pick up some of the RPG grenades and anything else he has lying around."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1412 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 03:12
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff D. Warren:
As Johnstone, the General, Konrad and the others discuss plans, Jeff asks in English and Russian "It is a good plan, and I agree that we must leave immediately.  Am I to assume I will accompany the NATO unit? Or do you want me with some of the men?[the 10th]".


After briefly conferring with the General, Bayer answers Warren's question, "I need you with us. I'm already down a man with Vita, as she will be staying behind."

"We will be conducting two recce patrols to the north of the city. I just need something else answered before I issue orders."


Bayer then adds, "We still have a couple hours before departure though. We need things like the battery situation dealt with first. See if you can use your influence would you? Perhaps even a RPG on loan?"
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2315 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 03:47
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #244):

Dawid added, "I should say that Mister Fleming's idea of counteracting the Baron's message among the troops with our own is a valuable one."

"Also, do not fear, the batteries are being dealt with."

Monika Sawicki
 player, 98 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 06:01
Re: Wyszkow
Jan Cerny:
Noticing Monika standing near to Konrad Jan slipped the medic bag that Anneka had given him from over his shoulder and passed it over to her.  Switching to Polish he explained.  "You are a much better medic than I.  I hope that you do not need to use the contents!"


     Monika recognized the bag for what it was.  She took a quick look at the contents.  Tears welled up in her eyes as she spoke in Polish, "Thank you for this.  I will use this to help others.  It will not go to waste.  Again, thank you."

     After Jan left, Monika discretely placed two items of hers in the space left by the already used medical supplies.  There was plenty of remaining room in the bag, since a kilo of medical supplies takes up a lot more space than a PB/6P9 pistol and a full spare magazine.
Robert Flemming
 player, 8 posts
 American
 CIA
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 08:26
Re: Wyszkow
Before he started to leave for his tiny "propaganda-mission" he stayed and listened to the plan of recce mission.

"Captain," Rob interrupts "Does the 10th have no batteries or is their price to high?"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 892 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 08:30
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz thought about the issue of the armour that they might be facing and realised that their chances of getting anything useful from the stupid Russians was something near to fuck all squared. He spoke to Tuck and said, "Something we might think about is draining some of the fuel from the truck into glass bottles and adding some of the liquid soap from Dieter's wash kit. That way we'll have fire bombs to use if we get in a tight spot."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1035 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 12:59
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz thought about the issue of the armour that they might be facing and realised that their chances of getting anything useful from the stupid Russians was something near to fuck all squared. He spoke to Tuck and said, "Something we might think about is draining some of the fuel from the truck into glass bottles and adding some of the liquid soap from Dieter's wash kit. That way we'll have fire bombs to use if we get in a tight spot."

"If you want to see to that Mari and can find the containers, I'm all for it," Tucker says to Mariusz.  "The new guy, Jay the Gurka, said he was good at AT weapons I'm sure if we could get our hands on some, he might be one to give one too, if they're in a trustn' mood like that already!"
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 893 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 16:15
Re: Wyszkow
"On it," Mariusz said.

He walked over to Jay and said, "Hello, my name is Mariusz and I've been with this outfit for a while. I am pleased to meet you, I've only ever met one other person from your part of the world. His name was Sanjay and he worked on steam trains. Did you know him? He left us for a bunch of nubile young widows," he paused and thought about it, "in fact he was probably the biggest winner we've had so far. Anyway, I hope our time together is long, fruitful and lead free. I'm looking for glass bottles, seeing as this lot are Russsian they've probably been guzzling anything remotely related to booze so there should be no shortage of empties. Do you know where they might be kept or dumped?"
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 232 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 19:54
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff turns to the group "Before you go on your little trip to the village, one of you should come with me to see the communications officer.  That way we can get in contact with your allies to the south."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2317 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 05:36
Re: Wyszkow
Robert Flemming:
Before he started to leave for his tiny "propaganda-mission" he stayed and listened to the plan of recce mission.

"Captain," Rob interrupts "Does the 10th have no batteries or is their price to high?"


He answered Fleming's question, as this had already come up.

"I already talked to the 10th's Quartermaster. "They have batteries, but no way to charge them with no vehicles or generator. Once Vita rigs the alternator like she says, we can charge our batteries and their batteries, too. That reminds me, I should see how that's going."

Jeff D. Warren:
Jeff turns to the group "Before you go on your little trip to the village, one of you should come with me to see the communications officer.  That way we can get in contact with your allies to the south."


"Please, let me see if Vita's getting on with the job of recharging the b batteries, then I'll help you with the radio."

Dawid went over to Vita and the truck. Apparently, all she wanted was some wire. "Here." he handed her some wire. "Please continue, I have to go check on the radio now."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:53, Mon 28 Feb 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 326 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 07:16
Re: Wyszkow

Once the ruckass had died down Craig made his way back to the room where the planning was being undertaken. He approached the supply officer and offered to help move the arms and ammunition with him and to have a look at the anti-tank grenades and launchers.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 29 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 08:19
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz Tokarski:
He walked over to Jay and said, "Hello, my name is Mariusz and I've been with this outfit for a while. I am pleased to meet you, I've only ever met one other person from your part of the world. His name was Sanjay and he worked on steam trains. Did you know him? He left us for a bunch of nubile young widows," he paused and thought about it, "in fact he was probably the biggest winner we've had so far. Anyway, I hope our time together is long, fruitful and lead free. I'm looking for glass bottles, seeing as this lot are Russsian they've probably been guzzling anything remotely related to booze so there should be no shortage of empties. Do you know where they might be kept or dumped?"


Jay laughed. "Namaste Mariusz-ji. I know many Sanjay, but I no think any of them work on train." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Russians no recycle very good. Dirty people. Maybe look for bottle over by mess." He gestured towards the mess area that the 10th had used as a food prep and serving area. It was no Michelin star restaurant, but it was probably the best place to look for empties.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 234 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 14:17
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff waits for Dawid, and then leads the man to the 10th's Communications officer.  He speaks to Dawid as they walk away
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 894 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 16:28
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz smiled at Jay, "Great thinking, I'll have a look now, don't let them start the war without me."

He trotted off to the back of the mess to pick through the rubbish to find unbroken bottles. The whole process reminded him of when doing this was the only way to eat, even getting shot at was better than that.

Mariusz
Digging through rubbish
Looking for bottles

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2222 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 23:30
Re: Wyszkow

Throughout the day, preparations continue, ableit very slowly, to launch a reconaissance operation to pinpoint the Baron's nearest significant position/force and call down 120mm mortar fire on it, in advance of a general attack by the 250 or so remaining effectives of the turncoat 10th TD.

Dawid supplies Vita with the wires she needs to rig up a battery recharger using the old Ural's alternator. Her lips say "thank you" but her tone of voice and body language clearly translate as "fuck you". Regardless of her poor attitude, she succeeds in rigging up a functioning recharger. The process of recharging the party's radio and NVG batteries is a slow one- it takes rearly all day to take care of them all- and Warren's R-392 radio set's battery and Dawid's Pn-14K NVG batteries are completely ruined during the process. The batteries now contain more juice, but likely at the expense of their longevity.

OOC: Current battery charges/capacitues- link to a message in this game

In exchange for the weapons and ammo that you donated to the 10th, the unit's supply officer furnishes you with combat packs, assorted Soviet LBE items (including one jerry-rigged 'Afghan'-Style chest harness), 1 RPG-7D (collapsable) launcher and four RPG-7 HEAT rockets.

Warren tries to raise the Queen using Johnstone's fancy satellite radio. He has no luck, but the division's senior coms officer- he looks not a day over 20- manages to get through to the Queen.

It's now just an hour or so before dark.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:46, Mon 28 Feb 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 327 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 08:15
Re: Wyszkow

Craig got up to leave with the supply officer. Then stops and turns, he pulls something out of his webbing and places it on the table.

”This is the rest of the ammunition we took from the cavalry unit. Its mostly Russian and some .45 auto*. Jan I think its nearly all 9x18mmB from the machine pistols. We should probably give any that is left to the 10th.”

45ACP – 14 rounds
9x18mmR - 72 rounds
7.62x25mmB - 16 rounds

Once the supply officer hands over the RPG-7 he gives one launcher and two of the anti-tank grenades to Jay. He also rummages in the large pouch on the back of his PLCE and hands him a RKG-3 AT Grenade.

”It was from a fellow British solider.”

Then with a serious look on his face Craig adds;

”If you are close enough to use it we will be right royalty fucked.”

He then walks back to the others and helps out with prep and planning wherever he can.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 31 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 10:59
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #258):

Jay happily accepted the new kit he had been issued - the afghan-style harness, the AT grenade, the RPG launcher and 2 rockets. To make room, he stowed the Uzi in his rucksack, and rearranged the rest of his kit on his webbing so it was comfortable.

OOC - if anyone wants the Uzi I am happy to hand it over. Otherwise, I will keep it in my pack for now.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:51, Tue 01 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2320 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 11:10
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #257):


When she was done, Dawid inspected her work. Immune to her contempt, Dawid thanked Vita. "I am grateful for this, sister. It's badly needed. You have done well."

He was happy when the finally contacted the Queen. Depending on where they were, they might be of some use. Dawid addressed Konrad.

"Kapitan, three things: if the Queen can bring the D-30 and either the gas or fragmentation shells, and we can meet with her, then that will be a potent weapon. Second, we should send out patrols to determine if the Baron's troops are in the area. And third, regardless, we must move the camp to some other location as soon as possible."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1036 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 11:11
Re: Wyszkow
Craig Sutherland:
Craig got up to leave with the supply officer. Then stops and turns, he pulls something out of his webbing and places it on the table.

”This is the rest of the ammunition we took from the cavalry unit. Its mostly Russian and some .45 auto*. Jan I think its nearly all 9x18mmB from the machine pistols. We should probably give any that is left to the 10th.”

45ACP – 14 rounds
9x18mmR - 72 rounds
7.62x25mmB - 16 rounds

Once the supply officer hands over the RPG-7 he gives one launcher and two of the anti-tank grenades to Jay. He also rummages in the large pouch on the back of his PLCE and hands him a RKG-3 AT Grenade.

”It was from a fellow British solider.”

Then with a serious look on his face Craig adds;

”If you are close enough to use it we will be right royalty fucked.”

He then walks back to the others and helps out with prep and planning wherever he can.

"Hey Craig!  Can I get a couple of those loose forty-five rounds to top of my mag here?" Tucker calls over to Sutherland.

OOC: He only needs three [3] rounds.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 328 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:01
Re: Wyszkow

"Sure everyone just take what they need. I'd take all the 45, it can't hurt to have some spare and I doubt the 10th has anything that takes it."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1415 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 22:25
Re: Wyszkow
Once everyone was back at the group's billet, Bayer issues a warning order. "Alright. Attention here please."

"Warning Order."

"Situation Enemy - The Baron's forces have intensified their psyops efforts and are expected to be preparing for immediate offensive operations."

"Commander's Intent - The General intends on executing a deliberate frontal attack on the North of Warsaw."

"Probable Mission - Our platoon has been tasked as forward recce to provide early warning and locate and identify enemy targets for the division's mortar assets to eliminate. We will organize and conduct two independent patrols to achieve this aim. Objective areas to be issued after being verified with Headquarters."

"Groupings"

"Patrol One... Myself (I/C), Sergeant Tucker (2i/C), Warren, Quyen, Jay, Sawiki, Teo, and Mariusz."

"Patrol Two... Dawid (I/C), Jan (2i/C), Sutherland, Piotr, Fleming, Matias, Lech, and Janis."

"Timings - No more before... ahh thirty minutes time from now. That's all you have to make final preps, eat and drink something hot and get comms checks. Orders confirmation in ten minutes."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:10, Wed 02 Mar 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1037 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 23:03
Re: Wyszkow
Craig Sutherland:
"Sure everyone just take what they need. I'd take all the 45, it can't hurt to have some spare and I doubt the 10th has anything that takes it."

Robert takes the [14] rounds of .45ACP from Craig and tops off the magazine in the H&K, replacing the magazine in the weapon and then puts the loos rounds in his right cargo pocket.  Tucker will also reload his empty & partially used mags he has on him before he gets up to wander around and just look around the camp.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:28, Wed 02 Mar 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 101 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 04:08
Re: Wyszkow
     Monika spent the a part of the down time cleaning her SMG and her two pistols.  She also found a quiet, but protected spot to take a bit of a nap.  All this front line combat stuff was physically tasking.

     As a guest of the Baron, she didn't get much of a chance to get out for exercise.  She had worked out as best she could, though, to be ready for when her chance to escape would appear.  That chance did arrive and Monika had taken a hold of it with both hands.  Now, it looked as if she would get a chance to pay the Baron back for all of his hospitality.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 32 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 08:08
Re: Wyszkow
Jay quickly acquainted himself with the other members of the unit who he hadn't met properly yet, especially those in his new patrol group. Once this was done he made sure all of his kit was sorted and that all weapons were in good working order. After that he went to the latrine area to pay a final visit before they set off.

Once all was done he spent the final minutes in peaceful solitude, meditating and offering prayers for his family and new friends.
Anneka Soleblume
 player, 1483 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medical Officer
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 12:33
Re: Wyszkow
Cap'n Rae:
Warren tries to raise the Queen using Johnstone's fancy satellite radio. He has no luck, but the division's senior coms officer- he looks not a day over 20- manages to get through to the Queen.

"This is Starlight. Send Sitrep. Over."
Major Soleblume's voice contained an equal part of relief and anger, clearly detectable over the radio. For over a week nothing had been heard and the entire recon group had been written off as lost. What was worse was the possibility they'd been captured and everything they knew about the Gora Kalwaria defences revealed under interrogation to the Baron. The continuing survival of the town had looked extremely grim.

"Defensive preparation continued my location. Supplies unchanged. Numbers unchanged. Combat ability unchanged."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1038 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 13:27
Re: Wyszkow
Monika Sawicki:
     Monika spent the a part of the down time cleaning her SMG and her two pistols.  She also found a quiet, but protected spot to take a bit of a nap.  All this front line combat stuff was physically tasking.

     As a guest of the Baron, she didn't get much of a chance to get out for exercise.  She had worked out as best she could, though, to be ready for when her chance to escape would appear.  That chance did arrive and Monika had taken a hold of it with both hands.  Now, it looked as if she would get a chance to pay the Baron back for all of his hospitality.

Tucker takes his sweet time walking around and trying to get some rest and just take it easy before the big recon/assault forthcoming.  He sees the woman Monika sitting by herself cleaning her weapons.  He walks up to her, exhaling another draw from his cigar and asks her, "You good cleaning those things ma'am?"
Robert Flemming
 player, 11 posts
 American
 CIA
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 16:31
Re: Wyszkow
After finishing with the small propaganda-leaflet Rob joined the briefing. He listened to the fine and clear military-style briefing.
He rose his had when he heard his name. Group 2. He looked to all of it's members to become familiar with them.

When the breifing was over he went directly to Capt. Bayer. "Sir, I made a small information poster for our comrades from the 10th. I'm happy that I found an old typewriter."
Rob presented a sheet of paper in letter-format. On the upper half was a picture of killed soldiers in a mass-grave. The text under the pictures says
"34 soldiers killed and tortured by the Baron after the rose the white flag and requested for peace."
Monika Sawicki
 player, 102 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 17:24
Re: Wyszkow
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker takes his sweet time walking around and trying to get some rest and just take it easy before the big recon/assault forthcoming.  He sees the woman Monika sitting by herself cleaning her weapons.  He walks up to her, exhaling another draw from his cigar and asks her, "You good cleaning those things ma'am?"


    Monika looked up from cleaning her SMG.  She gave the one known as Tucker a strange look as she tried to puzzle out what he was saying and formulate a response in English.  She pointed to herself. "Monika, good medic."  She pointed to her partly disassembled SMG.  "Need, not good."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:30, Wed 02 Mar 2011.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 28 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 21:24
Re: Wyszkow
After his presentation at the village square, Piotr had returned to his friends. Pleased Vita had decided to work on the batteries he had taken the time to take care of his kit. Cleaning his gun and mending the few cracks or weak spots in his webbing.

 When Bayer called out the make up of both patrols he looked around taking a mental note of all the members of his patrol. After that he moved towards Matias. He hadn't been able to really talk to the boy after Janek was killed.  “Are you all ready to go on patrol?”
Minh Quyen
 player, 555 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 03:30
Re: Wyszkow
Mrityunjay Byanjankar:
Jay quickly acquainted himself with the other members of the unit who he hadn't met properly yet, especially those in his new patrol group.


Quyen welcomes the new soldier and introduces herself, keeping things brief, but polite. She then goes about a quick cleaning on her weapons, removing buildup of gunk and scraping off the rust. And then once that priority was done, she aired out her feet, sitting back with her boots and socks off.

"Weapons done. Feet done. I'm ready." she says lightly.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1039 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 03:47
Re: Wyszkow
Monika Sawicki:
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker takes his sweet time walking around and trying to get some rest and just take it easy before the big recon/assault forthcoming.  He sees the woman Monika sitting by herself cleaning her weapons.  He walks up to her, exhaling another draw from his cigar and asks her, "You good cleaning those things ma'am?"


    Monika looked up from cleaning her SMG.  She gave the one known as Tucker a strange look as she tried to puzzle out what he was saying and formulate a response in English.  She pointed to herself. "Monika, good medic."  She pointed to her partly disassembled SMG.  "Need, not good."

Tucker moves up to where she has her weapons layed out and rests his rifle down so he can get comfortable and tells her, "I help.".  He looks at the pieces and and begins to clean them up and put them back together.  Robert goes slow and tries to use small sentences so she can keep up and understands what he trying to tell/teach her.  "Don't worry.  You do medic thing.  We help you if needed with guns, OK?"
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2323 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 09:35
Re: Wyszkow
Anneka Soleblume:
Cap'n Rae:
Warren tries to raise the Queen using Johnstone's fancy satellite radio. He has no luck, but the division's senior coms officer- he looks not a day over 20- manages to get through to the Queen.

"This is Starlight. Send Sitrep. Over."

"Defensive preparation continued my location. Supplies unchanged. Numbers unchanged. Combat ability unchanged."


Dawid nodded to the comms officer and said in Russian, "well done, that is a fine job."

He authenticated his transmission with Major Soleblum, then continued with the SITREP. He seemed very pleased to talk to her, finally.

"Major, it is wonderful to hear you! Please accept my apologies for the delay, we've have an interesting couple of days. We have relatively good news. Our patrol is so far successful. We have inflicted many losses on the Baron's forces, including several APCs. We have also rendez-voused with a large unit of friendlies to the north of the city. The Baron is apparently moving north to deal with us, not south. We have taken a few regretful losses but remain a "

"Now the SITREP is complete, I need to talk to Old Adam to arrange for transport of certain items. Please put him on, thank you!"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:42, Thu 03 Mar 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 103 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 13:12
Re: Wyszkow
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker moves up to where she has her weapons layed out and rests his rifle down so he can get comfortable and tells her, "I help.".  He looks at the pieces and and begins to clean them up and put them back together.  Robert goes slow and tries to use small sentences so she can keep up and understands what he trying to tell/teach her.  "Don't worry.  You do medic thing.  We help you if needed with guns, OK?"



    Fire flashes in Monika's eyes as she grabs the parts of Polish SMG, taking them away from Tucker.  "NO TAKE!  MINE!"  She deftly reassembles her pistol sized SMG, slaps a fifteen round magazine into it, and holsters it.  Somewhat calmer with her weapon ready, Monika continues.  "Fix good.  Not want need."
Jan Cerny
 player, 960 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 14:57
Re: Wyszkow
Jan passed over the last of the bandages he had been cutting up for Monika out of the sheet they had traded for.  He had changed back into his Red Army winter field jacket now that the sleeve was repaired – the camouflage was probably going to be more helpful on the recce patrols that Konrad had planned - and he was fully geared up, ready to leave straight away.

He then went looking for Matias.  Finding him he offered the young man one of the Polish Tantal 5.45mmB assault rifles that was still lying spare on the floor of the truck, speaking Polish to ensure that he understood.  “This is spare and I can give you five full mags for it if you want to carry it as well as your SMG?  Your choice!”

Leaving Matias to make his own decision Jan then went off to find Konrad.

“Capitaine,” he asked Konrad quietly in English.  “Do you want everyone to carry all of their personal kit and what are we doing with the truck?  Are we leaving it here or bringing it with us somehow?  Also I believe that each patrol has a backpack radio so staying in contact should not be too much of a problem.  I think that Quyen has one in your patrol and I have assigned the one that Dieter was carrying to the new man Robert in Dawid and my patrol.”

Jan also had some ideas for how to organise Dawid and his patrol alongside the same lines as Konrad had done with his patrol but he would have to discuss those with Dawid after the Pole finished his radio comms with the Queen.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1425 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 15:24
Re: Wyszkow
Jan Cerny:
“Capitaine,” he asked Konrad quietly in English.  “Do you want everyone to carry all of their personal kit and what are we doing with the truck?  Are we leaving it here or bringing it with us somehow?  Also I believe that each patrol has a backpack radio so staying in contact should not be too much of a problem.  I think that Quyen has one in your patrol and I have assigned the one that Dieter was carrying to the new man Robert in Dawid and my patrol.”


Bayer answers, "Anything that won't be missed if its lost goes with us. We might not have a base or a unit to return to if things go bad and I wouldn't trust the security of anything left here anways."

"The truck can't go with us... and it will be far more effective supporting the 10th anyways."


On the radios, Bayer gives a thumbs up and says, "Good. Each patrol will need at least one long range manpack. Before we leave, I want the NCOs and each of the radio operators to conduct a comms check."

OOC - Can I get a confirmation on who has a manpack? Including the status of Warren's set?

This message was last edited by the player at 15:25, Thu 03 Mar 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 30 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 16:12
Re: Wyszkow
Piotr Pawlowski:
When Bayer called out the make up of both patrols he looked around taking a mental note of all the members of his patrol. After that he moved towards Matias. He hadn't been able to really talk to the boy after Janek was killed.  “Are you all ready to go on patrol?”


Matias was heartened to have Piotr's attention.  He was another man that Matias was comfortable with and respected.  He responded "Yes, I am just about ready.  I already miss Janek though."

Jan Cerny:
He then went looking for Matias.  Finding him he offered the young man one of the Polish Tantal 5.45mmB assault rifles that was still lying spare on the floor of the truck, speaking Polish to ensure that he understood.  “This is spare and I can give you five full mags for it if you want to carry it as well as your SMG?  Your choice!”


Matias was surprised at the willingness to share weapons.  In the Baron's army, weapons were power.  The higher-ups always had the best, and the average Motor Rifleman, like himself, usually had the bottom-of-the-barrel leftovers.  He happily accepted the Tantal and the 5 mags, offering a brief but warm smile to Jan.  He replied in Polish as well: "Dziękują mój przyjaciel, wy jesteście bardzo widok myśleć o mnie."

OOC
Translation: "Thank you my friend, you are very kind to think of me."
Adding the gear to my sheet now.

Jan Cerny
 player, 964 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 16:26
Re: Wyszkow
Matias Adamczyk:
Matias was surprised at the willingness to share weapons.  In the Baron's army, weapons were power.  The higher-ups always had the best, and the average Motor Rifleman, like himself, usually had the bottom-of-the-barrel leftovers.  He happily accepted the Tantal and the 5 mags, offering a brief but warm smile to Jan.  He replied in Polish as well: "Dziękują mój przyjaciel, wy jesteście bardzo widok myśleć o mnie."

OOC
Translation: "Thank you my friend, you are very kind to think of me."
Adding the gear to my sheet now.

Jan smiled in reply as he explained.  "You are in my and Dawid's patrol and I would rather you had a proper rifle to kill people with rather than an SMG to scare them!  We will be fighting, you can be sure of that, and if you want some grenades as well there are several left!"



Konrad Bayer:
Bayer answers, "Anything that won't be missed if its lost goes with us. We might not have a base or a unit to return to if things go bad and I wouldn't trust the security of anything left here anways."

"The truck can't go with us... and it will be far more effective supporting the 10th anyways."


On the radios, Bayer gives a thumbs up and says, "Good. Each patrol will need at least one long range manpack. Before we leave, I want the NCOs and each of the radio operators to conduct a comms check."

"OK," replied Jan.  "I will go and organise that.  Anything we are leaving behind can be given to the 10th."
Robert Flemming
 player, 12 posts
 American
 CIA
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 17:14
Re: Wyszkow
Rob put the poster down. "However, maybe it works." He continued listening to the plan and the tasks.

OOC: Rob has a PRC-77 Manpack Radio

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1041 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 3 Mar 2011
at 22:59
Re: Wyszkow
Monika Sawicki:
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker moves up to where she has her weapons layed out and rests his rifle down so he can get comfortable and tells her, "I help.".  He looks at the pieces and and begins to clean them up and put them back together.  Robert goes slow and tries to use small sentences so she can keep up and understands what he trying to tell/teach her.  "Don't worry.  You do medic thing.  We help you if needed with guns, OK?"



    Fire flashes in Monika's eyes as she grabs the parts of Polish SMG, taking them away from Tucker.  "NO TAKE!  MINE!"  She deftly reassembles her pistol sized SMG, slaps a fifteen round magazine into it, and holsters it.  Somewhat calmer with her weapon ready, Monika continues.  "Fix good.  Not want need."

Robert puts his hands up as Monika grabs for the parts of her SMG and stands up away from her.  Still with a puzzled look on his face, Tucker picks up his rifle and slings it, "Not taking!  Trying to help you.  Sorry to bother you."  Not wanting to start an altercation, he walks away still not sure why she freaked and looks to make sure the rest of his element has everything they need before moving out.

Tucker will also go and see if his batteries for his NVG's are charged and ready to go when they leave this evening.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Thu 03 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2326 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 4 Mar 2011
at 09:16
Re: Wyszkow
When Adam came on the air, Dawid asked him about moving the D-30 closer at some point.

"Not right now, but soon. It's our most potent weapon, we need to bring it into play. If you can deliver it across the river then we can take it from there."

He also arranged a regular comms contact schedule.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 896 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 4 Mar 2011
at 16:37
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz kept digging around in teh refuse in teh hope of finding some bottles.
Jan Cerny
 player, 967 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 4 Mar 2011
at 16:42
Re: Wyszkow
As Dawid was busy on the radio talking to the Queen, Jan organised the line of march and roles within Patrol Two, checking that everyone knew their role and position within the unit.

Jan (2i/C): RECCE element – element commander/navigator/grenadier
Lech: RECCE element - patrolman
Matias: RECCE element - patrolman
Piotr: RECCE element - sniper

Craig: SUPPORT element – pacer/AT/grenadier
Dawid (I/C): SUPPORT element – patrol commander/machine gunner
Robert F: SUPPORT element - RTO
Woj: SUPPORT element - patrolman
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 242 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 01:00
Re: Wyszkow
As if inspired by an unknown deity, Warren gets the idea to hand over his now dead radio to the Comms officer to fix, while Dawid chats on the radio.  At the mention of "gas"  Warren raises his eyebrows.  That will make this a whole lot easier.
Anneka Soleblume
 player, 1485 posts
 Major
 Israeli Medical Officer
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 05:31
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Dawid Waldus Piotrowski (msg #274):

"This is Starlight. Enemy ears may be listening."
"Wait for Queen Actual."

Queen Actual was not actually Adam - it was Griet. She had been left in command of the riverine element...
Robert Flemming
 player, 13 posts
 American
 CIA
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 06:40
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #284):

Rob took a small writing pad out of his pocket and started to write down the patrol order and made a sketch of the map and their marching route.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2328 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 08:09
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Anneka Soleblume (msg #286):

Dawid relayed his message about the D-30 using code words "the package" to obscure what he was asking Griet about.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 569 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 10:31
Re: Wyszkow
"This is Queen Actual," Griet replied when she reached the radio, "with regards your request for the package, we are eight hours travel from the package and it would take us a minimum of twelve hours to secure the package for transit. At that point we would have to move it by river as there are no working vehicles capable of transporting the package. Estimated time of deployment anywhere it might be of use would be a minumum of forty hours. That is assuming the Bishop lets us have the package and teh means to transport it as it would drain their resources in a serious fashion. If you want me to try that, I will but be aware that if they refuse, we will be out of the fight. At present we can reach the point of conflict in around twelve hours, we have limited arty and offensive capability. The package is a huge gamble and I'd like to discuss with the commander wether he thinks that gamble is worth it."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2329 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 10:36
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Griet Niewiadomska (msg #289):

"The package and the delivery system for it could be crucial in our struggle. A delay is fine, especially if it makes it safer. God put the sword in our hand, if we do not use it we may as well never had it in the first place."
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 570 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 11:04
Re: Wyszkow
Griet listened to Dawid's assessment and then replied, "I repeat, is the commander availabe for consultation?"
Jan Cerny
 player, 973 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 15:29
Re: Wyszkow
Robert Flemming:
Rob took a small writing pad out of his pocket and started to write down the patrol order and made a sketch of the map and their marching route.

Seeing Rob making some notes Jan approached him, pulling a now quite battered leather satchel out of his backpack.

"I understand that you are another CIA man but that you are primarily a political advisor?" Jan said by way of opening the conversation.  He offered the satchel over to Rob.  "Someone who joined us for a while and died a couple of days ago had this on him.  Inside are some maps and codebooks, all in Russian, that, we believe, contain some information about the positions of some Russian units.  You might be able to make use of that information."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1432 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 20:41
Re: Wyszkow
Following his brief co-ord with the General, Bayer returns as to the group. As everyone is getting their final preparations complete, he brings them together to confirm their orders. He lays out the large map that Adam had given him and orients it to the ground with his compass, then says, "Attention. Mission orders confirmed."

Running his finger along a long, mostly straight highway that runs from the camp, southwest towards Warsaw, Bayer says, "10th Division will be moving along this path, with their axis of advance centered on the S8/E67 Highway."

"Our two patrols will also use this road as the operational boundary - with Patrol One operating on the West side and Patrol Two operating on the East side. The outer boundaries are not to exceed four kilometers from the highway."

"Enemy positions and movements are to be identified and relayed back to the 10th - we are their eyes and ears. If any enemy forces are determined by the the 10th, to be a viable mortar target, the patrol will then act as FOO for their fire mission. Patrols are to resume the momentum of the advance however, and not linger too long, as the 10th will be marching on close behind us. Speed is essential."

"Each patrol will also report their progress to the division and counterpart patrol. To maintain radio security, stop lines will be used instead of grid coordinates. I will mark your maps with the stop lines and pass this on to the division prior to departing."

"The patrols are not to advance past the major checkpoint known as the "Crab". Eliminating that obstacle will be a coordinated effort."

"Avoid combat as much as possible, in order to maintain momentum, not fall behind the 10th, and to avoid casualties. If any casualties are taken however, and they can't walk, provide first aid, and then leave them in a safe location near the road for the 10th to collect them."


Bayer then concludes his confirmation orders and asks, "Any questions?"

Bayer then hands Tucker a small scrap of paper from his notepad which displays the patrol organization and order of march. "Sergeant." he says, "This is us. Each patrol have a man pack radio yes?"

Bayer (I/C): RECCE element - commander/navigator [Tac-radio)
Warren: RECCE element - sharpshooter/communicator [Manpack radio]
Jay: RECCE element - patrolman
Quyen: RECCE element - patrolman

Mariusz: SUPPORT element - pacer [radio???]
Sawiki: SUPPORT element - medic
Teo: SUPPORT element - machine gunner
Tucker (2i/c): SUPPORT element - support commander/grenadier [Tac-radio]

This message was last edited by the player at 20:46, Sat 05 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2330 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 21:52
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Griet Niewiadomska (msg #291):

"Yes, I will pass you over to the commander. Stand by."

Dawid passed the comms over to the siganller, then got Konrad.

"Kapitan, we have contact with the Queen. Your presence is required."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 330 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 23:44
Re: Wyszkow

Craig stood and took notes as the captain went over the up coming mission. These notes where mainly to do with the map and the stop lines. He also makes a note on the comms to be used.

Once the briefing was finished he did a check over his gear and made sure the PSG was secured to the side of the russian pack. He had made a cover for the receiver out of a plastic bag and some tape. It meant the rifle was unusable for the upcoming engagement but it would get back to the village clean and dry.

Finally he checks his load out of ammunition and tops off the magazines with his improvised dum-dum bullets.
Monika Sawicki
 player, 105 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sun 6 Mar 2011
at 00:02
Re: Wyszkow
    Monika took the opportunity allowed by the preparation for the patrol to load the seven rounds she had gotten earlier in the day into her partially filled PM-63 mag.  These rounds filled all of her magazines.  Monika tried unsuccessfully to recall the last time that she had full magazines for her weapons.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 36 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sun 6 Mar 2011
at 09:16
Re: Wyszkow
Jay listened intently to the briefing, taking in as much information as he could. It seemed pretty simple to him - move quickly, stay quiet, avoid combat if possible, but hit hard if you have to. He liked the plan!
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1043 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 6 Mar 2011
at 17:10
Re: Wyszkow
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer then concludes his confirmation orders and asks, "Any questions?"

Bayer then hands Tucker a small scrap of paper from his notepad which displays the patrol organization and order of march. "Sergeant." he says, "This is us. Each patrol have a man pack radio yes?"

Bayer (I/C): RECCE element - commander/navigator [Tac-radio)
Warren: RECCE element - sharpshooter/communicator [Manpack radio]
Jay: RECCE element - patrolman
Quyen: RECCE element - patrolman

Mariusz: SUPPORT element - pacer [radio???]
Sawiki: SUPPORT element - medic
Teo: SUPPORT element - machine gunner
Tucker (2i/c): SUPPORT element - support commander/grenadier [Tac-radio]

Tucker listens to the orders from Konrad and doesn't have any questions other than about the manpack radio.  "Question about the manpack.  I think that someone else had it, maybe Minh had it.  None of my people have one."
Robert Flemming
 player, 15 posts
 American
 CIA
Sun 6 Mar 2011
at 21:05
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #292):

"Yes, you're right. I am a political advisor."

Rob took the stachel and looked inside. Several codebooks and maps. He started to check the files curious. Some codebooks were old and known to him. The maps were quite interesting.
"Looks interesting." But he refused to say more before he had a chance to check and verify the files.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:06, Sun 06 Mar 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 977 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 7 Mar 2011
at 13:35
Re: Wyszkow
Having passed the satchel across to Rob, Jan finished organising his own gear before conducting a radio check with anyone who had one.  He made sure that the frequencies and callsigns were changed, just in case either Thor or Vita were captured and interrogated by the Baron's forces.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 897 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 7 Mar 2011
at 17:17
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz spoke to Jan as he recieved his new callsigns and frequencies, "Does the Queen know about these changes? If we're going to try to work with tham maybe we should share them."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1436 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 7 Mar 2011
at 17:26
Re: Wyszkow
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Kapitan, we have contact with the Queen. Your presence is required."


With the conclusion of his orders, Bayer steps outside and walks over to where the radio was setup. After the handset is passed to him, he sits down and says, "Queen, this is Sunray. Send. Over."
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 571 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Mon 7 Mar 2011
at 17:39
Re: Wyszkow
"Sunray this is Queen," Griet replied, "good to hear you are all alive and in the game. We were preparing to say a Requiem Mass for you. I have fully crewed weapons and a shore party ready to hit the target withing twelve hours if you need it. Dawid seems very keen to get the package from Gora Kalwaria. I've made a study of the logistics of this. One, it is too heavy for us to handle and we only got it back to GK with enormous effort, to do so again will take upwards of forty hours. In addition there is no prime mover, GK won't let us use the pontoon to move far down river so we can basically get it to the opposite bank. Add to that the fact that the Bishop and Daddy are both screaming that we can't use the gas, makes sense as we'd be dropping it on populated regions. I'd say it's a no go but if you want us to do that we will, just don't count on us having any effect on teh next engagement whatsoever."
Jan Cerny
 player, 983 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 7 Mar 2011
at 17:50
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz spoke to Jan as he recieved his new callsigns and frequencies, "Does the Queen know about these changes? If we're going to try to work with tham maybe we should share them."

"At the range the Queen will be from us only the manpack radios will have a chance of communication with the Queen I think," replied Jan while scratching at his head.  His hair was starting to grow too long and he was going to need to shave his head again at the first opportunity.  "It is a good idea though so I will pass it along to the Capitaine."

Jan was mildly annoyed with himself for not thinking of this in the first place.  He was more fatigued that he had realised!  "The Capitaine may have thought of this anyway."

He went off to find Konrad to pass along Mariusz' suggestion, intending on giving the young man the credit for thinking of it.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 29 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Mon 7 Mar 2011
at 19:52
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Matias Adamczyk (msg #278):

“Yes..., me too. He could tell some very good stories. I'll miss them.” The words were spoken in true sincerity, but inside he'd already said goodby to yet another fallen comrade.

When Jan came over to offer Matias the Tantal he nodded in agreement.

“Better check the weapon before we move out.” He said after Jan left. “You know how to?”
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2236 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 8 Mar 2011
at 00:08
Recon

Thursday, October 26th, 2000
1930 hrs.
40F
clear skies; slight breeze from the east
New moon
Approx. 6km south of Wyszkow, Poland



For the last two hours, you've been working your way south-southwest, moving roughly parallel to the highway leading from Wyszkow to Warsaw.

The remainder of the 10th TD's recon platoon (about 10 men), are keeping pace on the highway itself, roughly 2km behind you. A fast reaction platoon consisting of about two dozen of the 10th's more reliable fighters, along with the division's solitary AGS-17 automatic grenade launcher and riding in the Ural 435, is about 2km behind the 10th's recon platoon, leading the main body of the division, strung out along the highway behind them. The division's two heavy-hitting Soviet 120mm mortars are being pulled by horse teams placed roughly in the middle of the column. Each of these elements has a Soviet manpack radio, as does the division's HQ section (which includes Johnstone).

The main body of the division resembles an accordian as it stops and starts, trying to maintain the interval between itself and the much more deliberate recon platoon. Already there's much grumbling but, so far, none of the platoon commanders have reported any deserters. The farewell chicken dinner provided by the very relieved people of Wyszkow probably helped.

So far, you've seen nothing worth reporting. You've been vigilant, moving deliberately, and taking your job seriously. The fact that many of you have functioning night vision equipment is certainly a great help. If the Baron does too, your quiet night march may be rudely interrupted. You expect to encounter pickets or enemy OPs soon.

As you approach a place where the highway enters a wooded area, you are not disappointed. Several of you notice the brief but unmistakable flare of a match being struck, followed shortly thereafter by the dull glow of a cigarette tip being passed around. After a minute or so, the cigarette is extinguished. Whether careless, overconfident, or totally incompetent, what is likely a team enemy road-watchers has just given its position away. Through your NVGs you can make out 3 or four men hunkered down behind some trees, a couple of meters into the woodline and several meters to the east of the highway. They don't appear to have noticed you yet, but it occurs to you that perhaps you have been seen and that the cigarrette was a signal of some sort. Perhaps the enemy believes you to be deserters from the 10th, or a returning allied patrol. It's difficult to tell. Without the benefit of NVGs, it's a rather dark night.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:03, Fri 17 June 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 41 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Tue 8 Mar 2011
at 08:26
Re: Recon
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #306):

Patrolling in the dark, Jay kept low and walked in silence, senses straining to detect any sign or sound. He had volunteered for point duty, and spotted the smokers in the distance easily. Dropping to his knee he signalled to the others to keep low. He turned and went back to the Kapitan. He gestured to indicate the location of the smokers. Whispering, he said "Kapitanbayer-ji, I take knife and deal with them, very quiet, one at a time." He tapped the kukri on his belt.

Whilst Jay loved blowing things up, he was a master of the silent kill. He had first done it when he was a rookie, in the Falklands nearly 20 years before. He had snuck up on an unknowing Argentinian sentry and had hit the man so hard with his heavy blade that he nearly took the victim's head off. Since then he had had ample opportunity to hone the skill.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2332 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 8 Mar 2011
at 11:28
Re: Recon
Dawid advised Konrad that:

- "The package" is the D-30 howitzer.
- Just getting it across should be enough, if we can get the truck to haul it into position.
- If we can get the gas that would be wonderful because it gives us options: much of Warszawa is not inhabited and we could lure the Baron's troops into an abandoned area.
- 40 hours to transit is fine, it will be part of the next move in the game.

Then he made sure his gear was in order. As his NVG batteries were no longer working, he took the ones from the unclaimed set.

He also got people together before the recce to say a few words about the dead in English and Polish.

"Everyone, we lost some good people yesterday, and in fact the day before, too. Fierce Ondar, kind Dieter and Janus who I did not know as well but I know was an honourable man. They were good men, they died to free people they will never meet from the tyranny of a vicious warlord. These martyrs and their sacrifices will never be forgotten by man or God."

He took out a creased, folded piece of paper, one of many slips he kept in his well-worn bible to mark places or keep notes, and read,


"Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame.
Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart.
Blessed is the heart with strength to stop its beating for honor’s sake.
Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame."


"Let us pray now to the Lord and the Black Madonna of Czestochowa, for our success. For our allies and friends, and the people of Warszawa. May the Lord protect us and shelter us, and absolve us of our sins."

He said the prayer to Our Lady of Czestochowa (which he also said every morning).

"O Mother of God, Immaculate Mary, to Thee do I dedicate my body and soul, all my prayers and deeds, my joys and sufferings, all that I am and all that I have. With a joyful heart I surrender myself to Thy love. To Thee will I devote my services of my own free will for the salvation of mankind, and for the help of the Holy Church whose Mother Thou art.

From now on my only desire is to do all things with Thee, through Thee, and for Thee. I know I can accomplish nothing by my own strength, whereas You can do everything that is the will of Thy Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. You are always victorious. Grant, therefore, O Helper of the Faithful, that my family, my parish, and my country might become in truth the Kingdom where Thou reignest in the glorious presence of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, forever and ever. Amen."


He crossed himself and prepared to leave.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:15, Sun 13 Mar 2011.

Robert Flemming
 player, 16 posts
 American
 CIA
Tue 8 Mar 2011
at 16:58
Re: Recon
Rob checked his equipment and especially his weapons. After he finished his check-up he listened to the sergeant's prayer and was happy for the small rest.

Then started the patrol. He was in the second patrol and followed in the support element. Beside his rucksack with his personal belongings he was also carring the radio. The radio check showed that the radio is in good condition and Rob was willing to take care of it.

Due to the fact that he had no NVG he moved very carfully. The night was pitch dark and he couldn't see further a few meters. When the patrol stopped because of a contact Rob kneed down and secured the rear.
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 37 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Tue 8 Mar 2011
at 17:09
Re: Wyszkow
Piotr Pawlowski:
In reply to Matias Adamczyk (msg #278):

“Yes..., me too. He could tell some very good stories. I'll miss them.” The words were spoken in true sincerity, but inside he'd already said goodby to yet another fallen comrade.

When Jan came over to offer Matias the Tantal he nodded in agreement.

“Better check the weapon before we move out.” He said after Jan left. “You know how to?”


Matias nodded back to Piotr. "Yes, I was often put in charge of cleaning rifles while their owners went out drinking. But thank you," he added quickly. It was reassuring to know that Piotr was keeping an eye out for him.

-----------

Matias joined Dawid for the prayers.  He had never paid more than lip service to the Church before he had been drafted. But since then, religion had helped him stay strong & find what little peace he could.

-----------

Matias froze in place at the sudden flare of the struck match.  He could not see anything else, but that one clue was enough to tell him that someone was nearby.  He looked to the NCOs for orders of how to proceed.
Jan Cerny
 player, 991 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 9 Mar 2011
at 13:52
Re: Wyszkow
As lead scout of 2nd Patrol Jan signalled to those behind him to hunker down and stay still when the brief flare of a match being lit was spotted ahead.  He pointed to the cigarette still glowing in the dark to ensure that they had all seen it.  The assumption was that it was an outlying enemy picket or guard post but at night this close to Warsaw they had to assume that the people there were hostile.

“Keep a watch all around and make sure the others have seen the light!” he hissed softly to the three Poles behind him before toggling the  transmit button on his radio.

“Falcon-1.  Mirage 1,” he sent, speaking as quietly as he could, but in English now.  “Small enemy position about 400m to my south west?  They must be almost due south of you.  Match and smoker.”  He glanced northwest as he spoke.  He could see the distinct shapes of several buildings between his position and where he suspected that Konrad’s patrol were so he wasn’t certain that they had seen the match being struck as well.

“Do we want prisoners?” he asked, continuing to transmit.  “And do you want us to support you advancing on their position or the other way around?”  As 2nd Patrol had the PKM and what appeared to be mostly open ground between them and the smoker it made sense for them to support 1st Patrol sneaking up but Konrad might well have a different view of the situation based on what his approach looked like.

Alternatively Konrad might want them to bypass the position.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2335 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 9 Mar 2011
at 21:16
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #311):

Before leaving, Dawid made sure everyone in his section understood the chain of command: that they were to obey Jan without hesitation as if it were Dawid personally giving the orders because Jan had his complete trust and confidence. These were really good people, but after the incident with Vita and Thor he wanted to be really sure! Should he or Jan be taken out or rendered unfit for command, Sutherland would take over.

Dawid saw the pinpoint of light, too. He signalled those around him to get down, although Jan was already on it. He got the PKM set up, with Woj handling the ammo and spotting. His radio hissed as Jan talked to the command group, things seemed in hand at the moment.

He looked around to make sure the rest of the patrol spread out on either side of the MG and was still covering 360 degrees. It was unlikely they'd get hit by a flank attack but anything was possible. If that was actually a signal then they would probably have already be under fire so he guessed it was just a sentry fucking up. Then again, that was also taking things for granted.

They didn't have many good options: no real cover around them, probably about an open kilometre of ground to between them and the enemy. He guessed Konrad would have them operate as fire support while the maneuver element flanked, but waited for the reply to Jan's query.

"Woj, keep an eye on the rear. Robert, watch our left flank. Pass the word... no shooting except on command. Single shots at this range, only. "

OOC: I assume while traveling Jan'e element is a little forward and to the right, Dawid's is a little to the rear and to the left of Jan. Both in wedge formation. Dawid's 4-person element is now spread out in a loose line at 10-15m intervals, with MG in the middle-right. Because they are a little behind and on the left of Jan, Dawid's group is covering the left and rear flanks (under watch by Robert and Woj). I hope that's somewhat clear!
Craig Sutherland
 player, 332 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 10 Mar 2011
at 09:11
Re: Wyszkow

Craig too a knee when the signal to halt was made. He had spotted the flash of the match out of the corner of his eye as it was a lot more pronounced through his NVG's.

He continued to scan his sector for other threats as the decision of what to do was made. He did add:

"They will have those bloody flares so it will have to be quick."
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 249 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 10 Mar 2011
at 16:45
Re: Wyszkow
As the patrol is halted, Jeff assumes a prone position and flips down the SVU's bipod.  "Long shot.  I can move closer, or we can go around.".  The shot is at the very edge of the SVU's range.  He takes aim on the smoking figure, but is expecting to move closer.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 898 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 10 Mar 2011
at 16:50
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz hunkered down as soon as the report came in. He watched his sector carefully and awaited further orders.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 30 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Thu 10 Mar 2011
at 19:07
Re: Wyszkow
Piotr only looked from Matias to Lech confirming they both had heard Jan's hushed voice.

His keen eyes had picked up the little light source even without vision enhancement. A smirk crossed his face as he recalled the pre-war billboards with big letters: “SMOKING KILLS”.

After he confirmed both Matias and Lech had their eyes on their respective sectors he himself focused on his. Waiting for command to decide.
Monika Sawicki
 player, 107 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Fri 11 Mar 2011
at 00:08
Re: Wyszkow
     Monika kept down and kept her mouth closed.  She didn't see what the problem was up ahead, but she was glad for the chance to take a small break.  She knew that this was going to be a long night carrying everything she owned.  She also knew that she wouldn't ask anyone to carry her belongings.  They each had their own baggage to carry, both actual and personal.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1440 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 12 Mar 2011
at 19:14
Re: Wyszkow
Bayer looks around, studying the ground and then watches what he suspects is an enemy OP in the treeline. For a moment he contemplates bypassing them, but as long as it were just three men, they fell into the patrol's scope of a quick and easy target.

Bayer whispers into the radio, "Falcon-1 copies. Continue moving Southwest. Move behind the OP and check for enemy forces in depth. My call sign will deal with the target OP, your call sign will also act as cut off if needed. Report when you in position. Over."

Bayer then whispers for Jay and Quyen to move up closer to him and Warren so he could pass on everything quietly. "You two are in the breach. Take the front and close on the OP. Take it out quietly. Alive or dead it doesn't matter. Warren and I will be a short distance behind you and setup to provide backup if needed. Sergeant Tucker will move the rest of the patrol into a flanking position in case this in an OP for a larger force in the forest. Mirage will be doing the same."

He then pulls out his map and compass and quickly plots the OP's position. When he's done, he taps Warren and takes the manpack's handset and calls the division's mortar battery to register the OP for a mortar fire mission (register - not to actually fire).

Handing back the handset he looks at the three faces in the dark and asks, "Clear?" Then "Be careful."

As the patrol moves out, Bayer also makes a mental note for himself to get his patrol back on the other side of the S8/E67 Highway*, once this issue was taken care of.

* OOC - Falcon is supposed to be on the West side of the road and Mirage on the East.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:05, Sun 13 Mar 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 250 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 12 Mar 2011
at 20:22
Re: Wyszkow
Jeff secures the radio once Konrad is done, and makes sure that the volume is still super low so only he can hear it.  Once ready he nods to Minh and Jay and gestures with his rifle to signify they can lead the way.  He keeps back and slightly to the side of them, waiting for Minh to designate a good spot for him to set up, or one he spots on his own.  (Unless they're going hand to hand, 35-50 meters behind.)  In position, he slowly and carefully sets up the bipod, and blends into the shadows, sighting in on the nearest enemy (or one with a radio).  He is impossible to spot in the darkness.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:02, Sat 12 Mar 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 997 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 12 Mar 2011
at 23:01
Re: Wyszkow
"Mirage 1 understood," Jan replied quietly over the radio.

He then crept over to Dawid and checked that his patrol leader had heard the instructions.  Once that was done Jan returned to the other three people in his element and brought them up to speed.

"We are moving further southwest to get behind the OP we have spotted to check for other enemy forces.  The other patrol is going to deal with the OP and we are to act as a cut off for them should that be necessary.  While we are moving I will continue leading in front, Matias and Lech will watch the sides and Piotr will keep watching the OP, just in case they spot us bypassing them.  Any questions?"

As long as no major questions arose Jan then led the way southwest, moving cautiously and listening as much as studying what he could see through his IR goggles.
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 40 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Sat 12 Mar 2011
at 23:09
Re: Wyszkow
Matias followed Jan's lead, staying a handful of meters behind the Frenchman, and keeping his awareness focused to his appointed side for any surprises. He did ocassionally look toward the spot they had originally seen the cigarette light, but it was just to make sure that nothing had changed since they first spotted it.

He had his new Tantal out and held at the ready, should it be needed. He did spare one moment to make sure that his bayonet was ready in his webbing, just in case.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2339 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 13 Mar 2011
at 10:32
Re: Wyszkow
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #318):

It was dark, they were almost a kilometre out. Nothing was going to happen just yet unless the OP had serious night-vision optics.

Dawid signaled Jan to come over so they could talk. Jan seemed to understand Konrad's message fine, no need to go over it again.

"Questions? Like who cut your hair, man? old movie. Okay, here's the plan: you continue to handle comms, I don't see a need to change that, and you take the point. We'll go on a bearing of 4800 mils... ah, 270 degrees. For 1200 metres. That will put us directly southwest of the enemy position, then north 500 metres, so we end up behind them. We'll pace off, double-check each other. Sounds good?"

It was a difficult maneuver to pull off at night without being detected, but well-worth it.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:28, Sun 13 Mar 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 899 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 13 Mar 2011
at 11:02
Re: Wyszkow
Mariusz moved forward as quietly as he could, keeping in position relative to the others.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 31 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sun 13 Mar 2011
at 18:21
Re: Wyszkow
As the group moved to bypass the OP, Piotr took the rear of the group. Keeping an eye on the known enemy position as instructed by Jan.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1047 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 13 Mar 2011
at 21:32
Re: Wyszkow
Tucker kneels down and addresses his team.  "OK, here's what's going' on.  Bayer and his element are going to assault What we believe is an OP, or an Observation Post.  The other unit is going to go around and block them in while se'rte going to go around the front of them and flank them and block them in.  We're going to move slow because if this is an OP, there might be booby traps or trip flares set up so we need to move carefully.  Questions?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2241 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 13 Mar 2011
at 22:33
Creeping & Crawling

Thursday, October 25th, 2000
2015 hrs.
40F
clear skies; slight breeze from the east
New moon (very low natural light)
Approx. 7km south of Wyszkow, Poland



After Konrad radios back to the 10th TD to inform them of the likely enemy OP and the slow-down that will inevitably result from dealing with it stealthily*, both teams (Falcon and Mirage) begin moving slowly and carefully towards the source of the now-extinguished cigarette glow.

Mirage was in the process of crossing a relatively open, fallow field when the glow was initially spotted. The first few minutes of the patrol's renewed movement to the southwest are particularly nerve-wracking. An old roadbed cuts south-southwest across their path. Low trees and wild hedge growth running along either side of the road provide excellent concealment from the eyes in the treeline to the west-southwest. Once Mirage reaches the old road- apparently unseen by the watchers- they are able to move more quickly. Following this secondary road, Mirage will just about be able to get behind the suspected OP before having to expose themselves briefly to get into the wood into which the main highway disappears.

Falcon, on the other hand, has better innitial cover and concealment as it begins moving towards the target area. A hamlet of widely-spaced, seemingly abandoned farmhouses, with mature trees growing in many of the gaps, screens the recon team from the spot where the light was seen. Falcon creeps easily among the empy buildings and dying trees, moving closer to the suspected OP. The final approach, however, will be more problematic. The hamlet terminates about 200m from the woodline where the light seems to have come from, giving way to a wide, open field on the west side of the highway. An assault team would have to cross that open field in order to get to the road-watchers. It will be very difficult, perhaps just shy of impossible, to do so undetected.

After almost 45 minutes of stealthy movement, Mirage is almost due west of where the light was last seen. Falcon is close to the southern end of the hamlet, with the fields opening up again in front of them. Despite the cold, you notice that you are sweating.


*Remember to keep the 10th informed of your movements/actions!

Updated Tac-Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...85,0.024719&z=16

(You may need to click on your patrol element in order to center the map properly.)


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:38, Sun 13 Mar 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1442 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 01:35
Re: Creeping & Crawling
With the layout of the ground more obvious now, Bayer signals for Warren and his group to halt. He then takes one knee and toggles his radio, "Mirage. Falcon. Cancel my last. Ground is no good here for approach. Say again, ground is no good. Adjust your route. Mirage will eliminate the OP target. Falcon will bypass and establish cutoff on far side of treeline and wait for your objective complete. Report the probability of that on your end. Over?"

Not wanting to get dragged into a pointless firefight trying to close to a lethal distance, Bayer then signals for Jay to guide them around the OP, and back towards the highway. "We're going around. You'll get another chance next time." he whispers. "Mirage will take it. And if they can't we keep going. Put us back over by the highway."

Following Mirage's reply, Bayer signals for Warren to pass back a message to the 10th, "Stop line Lublin passed." *

* As mentioned in the orders, the patrol's progress will be reported back to the 10th by means of code named stop lines, instead of grid references. This eliminates the risk of being discovered even if the radio net has been compromised.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:35, Mon 14 Mar 2011.

Minh Quyen
 player, 557 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 01:58
Re: Creeping & Crawling
Quyen flashes a thumbs up to the Hauptmann, making it clear she understands the change of plans. She then backhands Jay's arm and whispers with a smile, "Next time."

When the patrol is ready to move again, Quyen will follow behind Jay.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 42 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 16:10
Re: Creeping & Crawling
Jay listened carefully as the Kapitan changed his orders. Despite being gutted at being denied the opportunity to prove his skills, he responded with a simple, stoic nod.

As the Falcon patrol group moved off again he took point once more, carefully navigating through the dark. He picked the route carefully, watching for IEDs as well as noise hazards that might give them away. He scanned the surrounding area carefully, watching for signs of activity, particularly where the smoker had been. If that soldier had been so slack in observing simple night-time protocols then others might do the same.

Once he reached the designated cut-off location he paused, checking the area was clean, before hand-signalling to the squad, gesturing towards various cover locations. Once they had moved towards their chosen locations he found cover himself, dropping to one knee so that he could set off quickly, or drop to the ground as needed.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:11, Mon 14 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2342 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 21:02
Re: Creeping
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #327):

Dawid was pleased at the route Jan had found. The road was a God-send both for night navigation (always difficult) and to conceal them.

After a request for a short standby was relayed to Konrad, Dawid waved Jan, Piotr and Sutherland over for a quick talk.

"We're halting here for a moment. There's a change in plans. Piotr, take command of the unit for a moment, thanks."

He addressed the other two, as he looked over the fields with his NVGs, then at his map.

"There is broken terrain in between us and the OP. Small buildings, trees, hedges. Enough to allow us to approach undetected and then close assault (the only real way to prevent a signal getting off).

"Therefore I see two options. First: approach the target directly from the west and then use the machinegun at short range over the fields to their front. Second: keep bypassing a little along the road, then come up along the tree line from their southeast. Those are the main two options as I see them, I have no preference. Navigation might be tough, locating the target even tougher. But those are the cards we're dealt."

"Honestly? This maybe not what the Kaptain wants, but I'd have Falcon or us come up the road and take the OP from behind. Much easier for navigation if they follow the road! Falcon's already going halfway there to the far side of the woods, they have a couple commando-types who can approach and kill silently. Or have them locate the OP exactly and mark it using an IR light only we can see."

"Alternative suggestion? Opinions?"


http://tinyurl.com/5r4wljw

(This map should be player-editable.)
Craig Sutherland
 player, 333 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 14 Mar 2011
at 23:40
Re: Creeping

Looking at the two options Craig answers:

”Route B would be the best tactically but if does expose us to being seen for longer. They probably have flares so it needs to be quick and do you need it to be quiet ?

He un-holsters his sidearm and with the silencer in place gets ready to move off with the others. He chambers a round and checks the twenty round magazine. He had not offen used the pistol or its subsonic HP ammunition having acquired it in Northern Ireland. This SAS “car” gun had always done what he had asked of it though.
Robert Flemming
 player, 18 posts
 American
 CIA
Tue 15 Mar 2011
at 16:50
Re: Creeping
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #331):

Rob, still carring the radio, crawled to to the small discussion group with Dawid, Jan, Piotr and Sutherland. He noticed the discussion and was aware of the attempt to overthrow the OP.

"Mr Cerny. I don't think that attacking the OP is the best idea we have. If we try to move closer, we have to be very carefully because of flares and other booby traps. And as far as I can remember, the Captain's order were to avoid combat as much as possible. Lets radio the OP's position to the 10th, and they can handle it. Even with mortar fire. Speed is curcial in recce missions, isn't it? Therefore we should not deal with such guys as long as they are not our problem."

He looked expectant to his other four team mates.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2346 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 16 Mar 2011
at 09:27
Re: Creeping
In reply to Robert Flemming (msg #332):

Dawid shook his head and tried to straighten Robert out.

"Sorry, Flemming. The Kaptain changed our orders to dealing with this OP, and our instructions reversed from our earlier radio message. We are to be the attacking element, while Falcon is to be the backstop. I agree, attacking from the southern flank is better than the front."

"For what it's worth, I agree, as a recce element we're supposed to avoid trouble. The 10th could better take care of this problem now they know where it is. For that matter we still do not know where the parent unit (who they report to) is located. But so far that's what we've been told to do and that's what will happen. I will pass on your suggestion but I will not make any promises, and if we're told to attack, then, well, let's get on with it."


He took the nearest radio handset and transmitted, "Mirage calling Falcon."

"Mirage. I suggest we bypass this problem and let the main force deal with it, and we should also locate the OP's main unit. Alternatively, perhaps if you send a team up the road from the rear they will have more success and be quieter. If not, we are happy to carry out your instructions and engage when you have achieved your position."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:38, Wed 16 Mar 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1444 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 16 Mar 2011
at 11:33
Re: Creeping
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He took the nearest radio handset and transmitted, "Mirage calling Falcon."

"Mirage. I suggest we bypass this problem and let the main force deal with it, and we should also locate the OP's main unit. Alternatively, perhaps if you send a team up the road from the rear they will have more success and be quieter. If not, we are happy to carry out your instructions and engage when you have achieved your position."


Moving again, Bayer replies quietly over his radio, "Falcon. If the ground and setup on your end places you in a disadvantage then bypass it... I've already registered it with the 10th. A brief search the forest to the south for a main body is necessary though."

He then ends with, "My call sign is heading East to get back into our own sector again. Let me know your decision. Over."

OOC - Dawid, as per his last transmission, Bayer wanted to know the probability of success from your interpretation of the ground and everything (I'm purposely not reading your patrol's narrative too closely). If you think you should leave it alone, then Bayer supports the call.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 900 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 16 Mar 2011
at 16:28
Re: Creeping
Mariusz continued to peer into the darkness of the night and held his position until told to move.
Jan Cerny
 player, 999 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 16 Mar 2011
at 18:14
Re: Creeping
Jan listened to the discussion between Robert, Dawid and Craig and then Dawid's radio conversation with Konrad.  He nodded as he listened to the decision that was given to Dawid to make.

"I think we should bypass the OP and then search the woods to the south," he interjected, offering his own opinion.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 32 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Wed 16 Mar 2011
at 19:46
Re: Creeping
Piotr nods at Dawid's instruction and turns to signal the rest of the team to silently form a defensive circle, while keeping an eye out for any indication of movement at the last known OP position.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2347 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 16 Mar 2011
at 20:34
Re: Creeping
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #334):

Dawid thought a bit. Konrad had left the decision on the odds of success to him, so it was up to him to make the call. It wasn't fair! He was just a WP NCO, such decisions were usually the officer's province. "It seems we are in agreement, then. Let's go around to the south, not engage to the south."

He transmitted,

"Falcon, ah, odds of successful penetration and locating target are low, less than fifty percent. Recommend this unit bypasses around to the south, continue moving to southwest. We will check the forest area to south for enemy Main Force. You will head west to RV with us? Clarify?"

Dawid was a little confused; if Konrad moved east, he'd be going backwards, but that was why he asked for clarification.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1445 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 16 Mar 2011
at 20:58
Re: Creeping
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
He transmitted, "Falcon, ah, odds of successful penetration and locating target are low, less than fifty percent. Recommend this unit bypasses around to the south, continue moving to southwest. We will check the forest area to south for enemy Main Force. You will head west to RV with us? Clarify?"


Bayer shakes his head, annoyed with himself with the simple mix up and transmits a reply, "Falcon. Clarification, my call sign is heading West and then back onto the normal Southern axis to continue patrol route. Confirm, Mirage will bypass the OP and check wooded area. Out."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:59, Wed 16 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2348 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 17 Mar 2011
at 07:47
Re: Creeping
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #339):

Communications finished, Dawid addressed the men around him.

"Okay, looks like the 10th is going to take care of these guys, which is fine by me. We will continue southwest, then west to bypass the position and come up behind. That OP must be reporting to someone, we must find out where the main body is. Probably in the woods south, or billeted in the closest buildings along the route. Once we know more, we'll go from there."

The idea was to keep going southwest along the road for navigational purposes to bypass the OP, then cut back north to get in behind to check out the woods.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:37, Sat 19 Mar 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 41 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Sat 19 Mar 2011
at 19:47
Re: Creeping
With the change in plans a done deal, Matias prepared to move out. He still kept his attention toward where they had seen the cigarette glow, just in case.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2245 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 19 Mar 2011
at 21:00
The PTSM

Thursday, October 25th, 2000
2200 hrs.
40F
clear skies; slight breeze from the east
New moon (very low natural light)
Approx. 10km south of Wyszkow, Poland



Both patrol elements cautiously bypass the suspected enemy OP, leaving it up to the 10th TD's point platoon to deal with it. The woods through which the highway passes are difficult to navigate. The branches overhead are mostly bare, but they are so thick that it's hard to get a fix on the stars. Both patrols move roughly southwests, trying their best to travel parallel to the highway. After about an hour, the chattering of small arms fire filters through the trees. The firefight is short but sharp. Konrad orders both patrols to halt while the firefight is resolved- the sound of gunfire, though muffled by the thickly wooded terrain, makes it difficult to listen for other sounds which might signal immediate danger for the patrol. The 10th's recon element radios back that the enemy OP has been overun, with two enemy KIAs and two friendly WIAs, one serious. No radios or other signalling devices were captured. It's possible that some of the enemy road-watchers got away, and if they had a radio, it's a good bet that the Baron knows that someone is coming. Even if they didn't have a radio, if there are other enemy forces nearby, they've likely been alerted by the sound of the gunfire that something is amiss.

The recon patrols move out again, this time with even more caution. After about another hour, the patrols enter an even thicker band of woods flanking the road. Each patrol arrives at the southwestern edge of these woods and look out upon a wide, clear area. There's some sort of railway facility up ahead. There's nothing really in the way of standing structures, but the tracks curl and wind in an odd formation. Only a railway worker could tell you what this was meant to do. In the midst of these ribbons of tracks is your old friend, the PTSM amphibious tracked carrier. The crew appears to be on alert. An HMG of some sort is set up on a tall tripod mount in the PTSM's cargo bed. A tent is set up nearby. Through NVGs you can see perhaps a dozen or so men in the area, most of them looking expectantly up the road (to the NE). Whether it was a radio distress call, sound of distant gunfire, or a recently arrived survivor of the OP, the enemy is ready for company.


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...09,0.024719&z=16


Next Moves?
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2351 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 09:12
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #342):

Dawid signaled his patrol to gather around, while keeping a 360-degree watch.

"No word from Falcon just yet. The amphibious carrier is ahead, with a dozen crew and a machinegun. No sign of additional personnel."

"Assuming that's all there is, then we have a couple options. We can bypass and let the 10th handle this problem, like before. Or we can coordinate with Falcon, maybe one unit getting in behind while the other provides a distraction. We could take the tractor intact."

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 901 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 16:10
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz gripped his gun tightly as he glared at the vehicle and waited for orders.
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 43 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 03:48
Re: The PTSM
Matias looked dubiously back over his shoulder. "Do you think that the 10th could take this out without heavy losses? I think we are better able to handle this task," he said in Polish.

He thought for a moment and then added "Besides, what better way to get into the city than by their own vehicle?"

This message was last edited by the player at 04:16, Tue 22 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2353 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 04:13
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Matias Adamczyk (msg #345):

Looking through his NVGs before handing them to Matias, Dawid translated his comments for the others.

He replied in Polish, "I see basically a section with a machinegun, and not even dug-in. Not exactly Stalingrad! Ha!

"The 10th would have no problem dealing with this, although they could take some casualties, sure. This is a platoon or company-level objective.

"I'm more worried about them getting away to warn their parent unit. Plus, I want to capture that vehicle! So I'm also of the opinion that we should try and capture it for ourselves and not wait for the 10th to come up."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:26, Tue 22 Mar 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 334 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 06:46
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Dawid Waldus Piotrowski (msg #346):

With his back to Dawid Craig turns his head:

"Agreed, the vehicle is a priority. Also with the heavy MG they would do some serious damage. How do you want to go about it ?."

He then turns back and scans his sector.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:20, Tue 22 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2354 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 08:03
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #347):

Dawid nodded.

"I notice they are mainly focused on the front, perhaps overly so. A classic approach would be to, say, have Falcon infiltrate around to the north. Then we demonstrate from the front, fix their attention while they get in close to strike."
Jan Cerny
 player, 1001 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 13:59
Re: The PTSM
“Capturing the vehicle sounds like a good idea to me,” interjected Jan.  “I think that it is likely to have a working radio as well so it would give us further information about the Baron’s comms set up.  And picking off his men in small groups sounds like a good idea to me!  We should keep bleeding his strength.”

He kept scanning around as he spoke, just in case there was an outlying picket that they had missed.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1048 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 14:17
Re: The PTSM
Robert moves up next to Mariusz and awaits in silence for further orders.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2355 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 20:57
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #349):

"I think we're basically in agreement. I'll let the Kaptain know so he can make his decision."

He decided to pass along the recommendation to assist Konrad if possible in making his decision, although whatever order he gave would be obeyed.

"Mirage calling Falcon.

"Recommend we assault to secure the vehicle now. Suggest we continue moving up on both flanks. Mirage will stop south of position, then provide distraction to allow Falcon to close assault. Is this acceptable?"

Craig Sutherland
 player, 335 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 23:27
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Dawid Waldus Piotrowski (msg #348):

"Are we in a better position to use the cover of the trees to get close to assault ? Wouldn't falcon have to advance over the open ground ? They do have some cover to loop around but that may take some time."

"Is the distraction sniper fire and 40mmB grenades ?
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2356 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 00:29
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #352):

"Even with night-goggles, it's hard to tell what cover they have at this angle and distance. My map is years out of date and no help, and it's not like we can look down from a satellite like you used to! So it's not important who goes in, I figure, except they're a little better equipped for a quick and stealthy approach.

"We're still the support element, so I was thinking 7.62mm tracer fire from the PKM off to their right would be our best "distraction", as long as we're not firing into Falcon's positions."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:32, Wed 23 Mar 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1447 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 02:10
Re: The PTSM
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Mirage calling Falcon.

"Recommend we assault to secure the vehicle now. Suggest we continue moving up on both flanks. Mirage will stop south of position, then provide distraction to allow Falcon to close assault. Is this acceptable?"


Bayer holds up his hand, signaling for his patrolmates behind him to halt and go down on one knee. He then turns on his NVGs and studies the PTSM while replying over the radio, "Falcon. Roger. Suitable target for assault. Close in and setup a diversionary firebase. Falcon will quick assault. No move until all in position. Over."

Bayer then turns and whispers, "Alright. Jay and Quyen. Take the lead. Bring us closer to that position. Use the ground, the dips, the grass, and what looks like that dirt road over there for cover. We crawl if we have to."

Bayer then fixes a bearing on the PTSM and quickly plots a fire mission for the 120mm mortar - in case things go sour. The delay will also allow Mirage to have a bit of a head start, as it's probably best they get into position before Falcon does (or gets seen trying). Then tapping Warren on the shoulder, Bayer passes on the targeting data to be relayed to the mortar.

Short wait...

"Alright. Head off." he whispers to Jay and Quyen. "As slow as you need to without getting us seen." Despite the enemy not erecting a prepared defensive position, he also warns them, "Watch for trip flares and sentries."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:11, Wed 23 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2357 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 07:42
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer holds up his hand, signaling for his patrolmates behind him to halt and go down on one knee. He then turns on his NVGs and studies the PTSM while replying over the radio, "Falcon. Roger. Suitable target for assault. Close in and setup a diversionary firebase. Falcon will quick assault. No move until all in position. Over."


"Okay, we'll move through the woods to the stop line marked by that road extending to the southeast from the target. that will put us at 100m out and our fire will be going northwest, so take care."

He related the instructions to the rest of the unit (in English and Polish), making sure to take an exact bearing so they wouldn't get lost.

"All right, let's move! Along the inside the tree-line to the road."


http://tinyurl.com/5w7tvtn

This message was last edited by the player at 09:16, Thu 24 Mar 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 45 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 15:23
Re: The PTSM
Matias gripped his Tantal tightly and pulled down into a moving crouch. They might be the distraction, but he didn't want to draw any fire before they were in position and prepared for it.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 252 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 18:09
Re: The PTSM
Jeff waits patiently as the orders are carried out.  The thought of casualties amongst the 10th's recon team bother him, but they are acceptable.

"Good plan.  I'll set up at the edge of the woodline once we get in position to assault for long range fire"

Once the team moves into position, Jeff deploys in cover, bipod extended, just shy of the edge of the woodline.  Hopefully the darkened trees will further obscure him.  He will aim for the gunner of the PTSM, then adjust fire to exposed riflemen.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 46 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Thu 24 Mar 2011
at 08:19
Re: The PTSM
Jay nodded in silent acceptance of the orders from Kapitan Bayer. He moved off quietly, keeping low and moving as silently as possible. watching for IEDs, sentries, etc.

As they approached the target he gestured for good cover positions for Warren, and others who were hanging back to use ranged weapons. Next to Warren he quietly stowed his pack, and made sure the rest of his gear was fitted correctly to minimise noise. He then moved off again, sometimes creeping slowly, sometimes crawling on his belly, to get even closer.

It was his intention to spot sentries and take them out with his knife. If he could spot an officer or NCO that he could take down silently then he would do so, but would aim to capture them rather than kill, as they could be useful for intelligence.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Silently approaching the enemy location from N/NW
AIMS-74 - 30/30
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 902 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 24 Mar 2011
at 16:12
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz crept forward to get closer to the others and then waited for instructions.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2247 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 24 Mar 2011
at 19:56
Re: The PTSM

Thursday, October 25th, 2000
2300 hrs.
40F
clear skies; slight breeze from the east
New moon (very low natural light)
Approx. 15km south of Wyszkow, Poland



As both teams begin moving into their attack positions, a spotlight flashes on from the bed of the PTSM. The bright beam shines directly down the highway into the thin treeline to the northeast. You can make out a few distant shouts- the sound is too weak and muffled to make out what's being said. Silently observing events unfold, you see that someone on the road is approaching the enemy position from the direction of the now illuminated treeline. A couple of men rise up from unseen positions to the east of PTSM and meet the man on the road. From there, they appear to half-carry the interloper back towards their little camp site. The beam of the searchlight sweeps the treeline in arc, roughly from the 9-o'clock of the PTSM (relative to its nose, which points northeast along the road) to its to its 3-o'clock. The first sweep is fast and quickly passes over both Falcon and Mirage. The second is much slower, much more thorough. It's if the light is reaching out just for you.

You hold still, hunker down behind cover and/or hug the ground. Your team is a couple of meters inside the treeline and the enemy don't appear to spot you on either of the sweeps. The light is powerful, turning darkest night into a perversion of broad daylight. After the second, more deliberate sweep, the beam of the spotlight swings rapidly back down the length of the road to the northeast. It stays on for a couple of minutes, making darting little sweeps to one side or the other and then abruptly switches off. Darkness falls again like a heavy blanket.

The enemy is clearly on high alert now. It's unclear whether they have any night-vision capability, but they did somehow spot the lone man approaching down the road, some 400m or so away as he emerged from the treeline. Either way, the spotlight is an effective, if old-fashioned and somewhat limited, counter to the darkness. You've only seen 5-6 men but you estimate that there are at least a dozen in position around the PTSM. Chances are also good that vehicle also likely has a working radio.

You proceed slowly and cautiously, moving into position to attack and, hopefully, capture the Baron's PTSM.

Mirage stays within the treeline, using the cover of the mostly naked trees to avoid detection. Sheltered somewhat from the sun, the ground inside the woods is still patchy with snow. Mirage moves in a wide, sweeping arc in order to stay inside the teeline. The manouver takes time. Almost an hour passes as the team transits the kilometer or so between their original vantage point and the woods 200-300m southeast of the enemy campsite. As the members of Mirage squad begin to locate and settle into suitable firing positions, disaster strikes.

Falcon has a much more exposed route towards their attack positions. They use the available cover- shrubbery, folds in the terrain, and an old dirt road-bed- to their advantages, stalking ahead at a snail's pace in order to avoid detection. Warren lags behind to set up overwatch inside the edge of the northern treeline. The rest of the team is about 50 meters outside of the treeline when someone atop the PTSM shouts a warning. The Falcons freeze and wait to be caught like deer crossing the road when a tractor-trailer comes hurtling around the bend. The spotlight switches on and sweeps southeast, towards where Mirage should be.

Mirage is caught in the bright glare of the spotlight. Those who's NVGs were in use turn away in order to avoid being temporarily blinded. A couple of AKs open up into the treeline. Bullets buzz overhead, dropping small branches and bits of treebark on the heads of the Mirage patrollers.

Relieved that they are not the ones in the spotlight, the Falcons carefully crane their necks to see the tripod-mounted HMG in the bed of the PSTM, aft of the spotlight, swinging around to lay along the path of the glaring beam. It's only a matter of a second or two until the devastating firepower of the HMG is brought to bear. So far, the enemy appears to be preoccupied with Mirage. Falcon is about 250m from the PTSM. Warren is about 300m away from it.


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...09,0.024719&z=16


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:03, Thu 24 Mar 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1448 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 24 Mar 2011
at 20:28
Re: The PTSM
Bayer toggles the transmit button quickly and says, "Warren, initiate the fire mission. Spot and two rounds for effect." And to Mirage, "Mirage open fire. Falcon is closing from the North."

He then hisses loud enough for Quyen and Jay to hear over the gunfire, "Close in." (pointing south towards the PTSM) "That way, one hundred fifty meters."

Bayer then turns towards the rear of the patrol and says, "Robert. Firebase here. Fire on my signal or if we're spotted. Do not fire left of the carrier, that's Mirage... and I'll trust you not to hit us either. I'm leaving you Warren in the rear, so I'm stealing Mariusz."

He looks to the boy and says, "Up. With me and stay close. No shooting."

Bayer then moves a low crouch behind Jay and Quyen, carefully guiding them in the direction he wants - which is in a narrow route towards the PTSM but not in either the line of fire of Mirage or his own firebase.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:32, Thu 24 Mar 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 46 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Thu 24 Mar 2011
at 20:32
Re: The PTSM
Matias panicked when the spotlight swept through the second time. When the gunfire started, he ran forward and off to the side, desperate to put some space between himself and his squadmates. He hunched over, hoping to keep his profile low, and looked around for anything he could use for cover: a bigger tree trunk, a small ditch, a large stump, anything.

When he saw something suitable, he would dive behind it. Then he'd try to set himself up to return fire, if possible.

Matias
Mirage-3
Diving for cover
Tantal Wz88 (30/30) + 4 spare mags, all 30/30
PM-63 (15/25)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:13, Fri 25 Mar 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 903 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 24 Mar 2011
at 20:56
Re: The PTSM
"No problem, Sir," Mariusz replied to his commander. He checked his rifle and followed his leader, staying as close to the man as Bayer indicated was acceptable.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:06, Thu 24 Mar 2011.

Minh Quyen
 player, 558 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 24 Mar 2011
at 21:04
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
He then hisses loud enough for Quyen and Jay to hear over the gunfire, "Close in." (pointing south towards the PTSM) "That way, one hundred fifty meters."


Quyen looks at the Hauptmann first and then in the direction he was referring to, making sure she understood what was expected of her. "Right." she says, giving him a thumbs up.

Tapping Jay to signal she was ready, Quyen moves forward, keeping a low profile. She will use the terrain as best she can and adjust her stance as required as she creeps forward, her movements similar to that of a monkey (moving on three limbs with fourth holding weapon up). All the time she will keep her weapon at the ready in case they are spotted.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:05, Thu 24 Mar 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1049 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 24 Mar 2011
at 21:36
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer then turns towards the rear of the patrol and says, "Robert. Firebase here. Fire on my signal or if we're spotted. Do not fire left of the carrier, that's Mirage... and I'll trust you not to hit us either. I'm leaving you Warren in the rear, so I'm stealing Mariusz."

Tucker nods his head to Bayer and taps him on the shoulder, "Gotcha boss.  Good luck!"  He rolls back to Teo & Monica and relays to him the plan.  "OK listen.  Teo, I want you to set up a base of fire here.  Do not shoot to the left of the truck!  Our people are that way.  We have one of ours behind us.  No firing until I do!  You understand?" he asks the both of them to make sure that they both understand what he wants.  He uses his hands to point in the direction of movements, where their friendlies are, and where to shoot & don't shoot.  He also tries to find some kind of cover to set up for the three of them.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 12/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

This message was last edited by the player at 12:48, Fri 25 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2359 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 04:03
Re: The PTSM
It would be nice to take out the crew without damaging the PTSM but sometimes you have to deal with the world as the way it was.

Dawid dove behind a fallen tree as his goggles cut down the glare. He flipped them up as he said, "return fire - Friendlies to the RIGHT of the target!"

Once on the ground and behind whatever solid cover was at hand he pressed the trigger on the PKM, sending a stream of tracers towards the target.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (100/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Taking cover, returning fire with full bursts.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:49, Fri 25 Mar 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 336 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 08:26
Re: The PTSM

Flipping up his NVG's after surveying the terrain for the advance Craig nodds at Dawid and with his AK at his shoulder he moves off with the others.

Once at their intended destination Craig finds cover behind one of the larger upright but blown apart trees. Using it as cover he aims at the gunner in the bed of the truck resting the fore grip on his hand that is braced against the tree. As the spotlight begins to turn he changes his point of aim towards it and waits.

Craig didn't know what had set off the alarm but when the shit hits the fan he lets out a long burst towards the light and hopefully the operator behind it as well. Once he had fired his initial burst he swung back behind the tree.


Support Element
Firing burst at spot light

AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 7x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 48 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 12:37
Re: The PTSM
Jay nodded at the Kapitan and grinned when Quyen tapped him on the shoulder; his bright white teeth the only things visible in the darkness. He set off quickly, as before, constantly assessing the ground for hazards, as well as watching for unseen enemies.

As tracers flew around he kept low, not a tricky proposition for a man of his stature. He moved silently across the ground, making sure he would not be seen or heard. His heart raced as the adrenaline rushed through him, he loved this kind of warfare, in fact he lived for it. Night time, close up, perfect!

He inched forward, making sure that he didn't stray across anyone's LOS or expose himself to the enemy, until he reached the designated spot 150m from the enemy. Then he directed Quyen, Mariusz and the Kapitan to good cover positions and awaited further instructions.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Silently approaching the enemy location from N/NW
AIMS-74 - 30/30
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

Robert Flemming
 player, 19 posts
 American
 CIA
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 12:46
Re: The PTSM
When the spotlight hit Mirage, Rob, like all others, dove to find suitable cover. Finally he reached a small ditch to take cover.
He orientated himself to know where his teammates are.

Rob Flemming
Callsign Mirage 7
takes cover
PM Makarov (silenced) 8/8 + 3 mags
AKS-74U (folding stock & short barrel - SMG) 30/30 6 mags

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 33 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 20:35
Re: The PTSM
When the spotlight ominously moves towards their patrol Piotr swears some silent polish phrases as  the bullets start hitting the trees around them. Keeping low he rushes for cover away from the light.

The moment he finds cover that offers sufficient protection he sets up the Dragunov searching for targets. Prioritizing the HMG gunner and those around him.


Piotr (Mirage 4)
SVD 10/10
Woods SE of enemy position
Taking cover, returning fire aimed shots with priority to the HMG crew.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 253 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 21:34
Re: The PTSM
In fluent Russian, Jeff calls into the radio "Kinzhal-1, this is Sokol-2, immediate suppression 1 round HE.  Prepare for 2 rounds follow on.  Target ref BW12.  Danger Close.  Over."  (Dagger-1 = Mortar, Sokol-2 = Falcon-2)

While waiting for the rounds to fall, Jeff sites in on the upper back of the gunner in the tractor.  With barely in pressure left in the trigger, he asks Konrad "Should I take the gunner and the spotlight if they open up?"  If Konrad answers yes, Jeff will engage both targets.  He will aim for the spotlight rather than the operator, but if that is ineffective he'll take out the operator.



Jeff Warren
Quick FO Call, aiming at Gunner, prepared to adjust to Spotlight.  Prone behind rock.
SVU-AS, Deployed Bipod [10/10]

Jan Cerny
 player, 1002 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 25 Mar 2011
at 21:44
Re: The PTSM
Jan pulled his IR Goggles down around his neck and dived into the nearest cover, forcing himself to ignore the jolt of pain he felt up his left arm.

"Matias!" he barked in Polish at the young man as he appeared to panic.  "Pull yourself together and start firing!"

Jan then called out to the other two men in his element, to some extent stating the obvious with his instructions.  "Piotr, make sure no one man's that HMG!  Lech pick a target and engage!"

He then starting aiming his M203 at the tripod-mounted HMG in the bed of the PSTM.  Jan had an HE round loaded in his grenade launcher, as he hadn't been anticipating trying to take out the vehicle, so he focussed on adding to the grief anyone trying to fire the HMG was about to experience.

He calmed his breathing, ready to fire once he was sure of the shot.


Jan
Mirage-1
Diving for cover nearby
Issuing orders to his element, trying to rally Matias and then aiming his M203 at the bed of the PSTM.  If there is time in the combat round for him to fire an aimed shot as well as doing all of that then he will fire.  Otherwise he will hold fire until next round.
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 8x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Monika Sawicki
 player, 109 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 26 Mar 2011
at 13:09
Re: The PTSM
     Monika knew that her little SMG wouldn't reach out to the enemy.  She followed her usual combat technique in this situation.  Monika kept her SMG ready and her body behind whatever cover was available.  She knew that a medic shot full of holes wasn't of much use to anyone.

Monika Sawicki
Falcon 6
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (25/25)
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Keeping her butt out of the line of fire

This message was last edited by the player at 01:36, Sun 27 Mar 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1449 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 26 Mar 2011
at 15:48
Re: The PTSM
Jeff D. Warren:
While waiting for the rounds to fall, Jeff sites in on the upper back of the gunner in the tractor.  With barely in pressure left in the trigger, he asks Konrad "Should I take the gunner and the spotlight if they open up?"  If Konrad answers yes, Jeff will engage both targets.  He will aim for the spotlight rather than the operator, but if that is ineffective he'll take out the operator.


Before leaving, Bayer answered quickly, "Targets of opportunity." - leaving Warren free to call his own shots as he sees them. "Fire when we do or if we are spotted."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2248 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 26 Mar 2011
at 17:15
Re: The PTSM

Mirage

As the Mirages scatter and dive behind cover, the tripod-mounted HMG in the back of the PTSM opens up. The metalic hammering blast of the large caliber weapon roars into the night. The first burst catches Lech as he lunges towards a large, unoccupied tree truck. The thumb-sized projectiles literally tear the man in half. The remains of his body lie steaming halfway behind the cover he was so desperately close to reaching. (Dawid -5 rounds)

Dawid dives on to his belly behind tree and instinctively brings the PKM to bear on the almost blinding light shining from the back of the PTSM. He doesn't have time to aim. He pulls the trigger and watches a tracer disappear into the glare. He sees just enough to suspect that his first burst has gone high. As he quickly readjusts, the enemy HMG nearly finds him.

The second burst is aimed at the offending PKM. Woj is in the loader's position to Dawid's right. A large-caliber round strikes Woj high on the right arm, severing it in a spray of blood, meat, and bone fragments. The sound of the strike is sickening. It's followed a second later by the beginning of a piercing, agonized scream as the pain and gravity of the massive wound kicks in.

Once behind cover, Craig draws a quick bead on the blazing epicenter of the spotlight and pulls the trigger. The beam swings skyward as the operator is presumably hit by a burst of fire. Satisfied, Craig rolls to his left behind a fallen tree trunk. As he does so, a bullet strikes him in his momentarily exposed stomach, knocking the wind out of him and violently completing the roll. He lies on his back behind the tree trunk, trying to catch his breath and checking for a wound. His hand comes away sweaty- there's no blood. (Craig -5 rounds)

Dawid's adjusted his aim by now and he looses a second tight burst. One of the tracers from the flury disappears into the dark sillouette of the enemy heavy machinegunner and he drops into the bed of the PTSM. Incoming rounds are striking around Dawid. One even burrows between the cold, damp earth and his LBE/Kevlar vest, a centimeter or so from his belly. It sort of tickles in a very startling way. (Dawid -5 rounds)

Jan, after attempting to position his squad, fights past the pain in his wounded left arm and aims a 40mm HE grenade at the PTSM. About three seconds later, the grenade bursts short and a few meters to the right of the PTSM. Disappointment is mixed relief as someone else's fire eliminates both the enemy spotlight and HMG operators. A couple of incoming rounds kick up little showers of damp earth and plant bits nearby. (Jan -1 40mm HE)

Piotr sees the entire sequence through the scope of his Dragunov. The enemy gun crew is down. He's got a good sight picture on the weapon and the spotlight (now shining at about a 45 degree angle above Mirage) should someone attempt to reman either device. Bullets whine overhead but no enemy fire appears to be directed specifically at him at this point.

Caught out by the spotlight in the first seconds of the engagement, Matias desperately scrambles for cover. He barely beats a flurry of bullets to a large fallen tree. He dives behind it just as rounds strike the thick wooden barrier. He spends a couple of seconds trying to catch his breath. By the time he chances peeking above his cover, the enemy spotlight is shining into the sky and the their HMG has fallen silent. The enemy riflemen seem to have forgotten about him.


Lech- KIA
Woj- WIA (crit)*



Falcon

Warren is watching the PTSM's HMG as it opens up into the woods where Mirage is taking cover. He does his best to keep the target in his scope as he gets on the horn and contacts the 10th TD's mortar battery. The battery commander rushes to get one of the heavy mortars in position to fire, then asks Warren to reconfirm the fire mission coordinates. Warren has to repeat the grid references twice more before the battery commanders radios "round out". By that time, both the heavy machinegunner and the spotlight operator appear to be down.

Jay and Minh meanwhile are leading the approach towards the unengaged side of the PTSM. They were on the move before the enemy HMG had fired it's first burst. Jay has covered about 20m when his keen eyes spy a figure about 50m ahead, crouching in a shallow road cutting. The man is backlight by the lit-up bed of the PTSM. Jay spotted the movement of the man's head as he looks back and forth between the firefight behind him and his sector of responsibility. The man's night vision must be shot all to hell. Jay can see him, though, just fine. The Gurkha signals Minh and the others following behind him before putting the unwitting enemy sentry in the sights of his AIM-74.


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...56,0.024719&z=16

*Please note that Mirage is out of cannon fod... er, I mean NPCs.

Also, expect the first 120mm spotter round to impact during the next turn.



Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:20, Sat 26 Mar 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 47 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Sat 26 Mar 2011
at 21:23
Re: The PTSM
Matias took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. He repositioned himself to keep the cover, but so that he could return fire. He looked at the area around the PTSM & spotlight, trying to find anymore of the Baron's troops. He'd fire single aimed shots at them, if given the chance.

Matias
Mirage-3
Under cover, looking for enemies
Tantal Wz88 (30/30) + 4 spare mags, all 30/30
PM-63 (15/25)

This message was last edited by the player at 22:44, Sat 26 Mar 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 337 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 26 Mar 2011
at 22:37
Re: The PTSM

Craig lay on his back as light burst underneath his closed eyelids, his breathing was shallow and ragged. He tried to turn over but decided to stay on his back as the large calibre rounds impacted into the trees overhead and to his right. Feeling under his body armour he glances at his hand and lets out a breath as he realises that the armour had taken most of the shock.

Someone was screaming further along their defensive line, “shit” he thought. His out-stretched right arm was only millimetres away from the stock of his AK, he looped his fingers around the rear sling swivel and dragged the weapon by its sling towards him. Still on his back he checked the chamber of the weapon and used his legs to push himself into better cover without rising.


Support Element
Staying down and looking for good cover

AK-74/BG-15 (40/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 7x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6
Monika Sawicki
 player, 111 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sun 27 Mar 2011
at 01:42
Re: The PTSM
     Monika heard the sound of gunfire.  When bullets flew, people got hurt.  When people were hurt, they needed help.  She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.  She let it out slowly.  Monika opened her eyes and sighed quietly.  She holstered her sub gun, then began to carefully crawl toward the gunfire.

Monika Sawicki
Falcon 6
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (25/25)
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Doing her job

This message was last edited by the player at 13:04, Tue 29 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2362 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 27 Mar 2011
at 10:21
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #375):

There was no relief at his triumph in the short but deadly "machinegun duel", merely a slight lessening of terror. He sensed but tried not to think of his friend beside him getting hit, there was no time to help. It had been so close; the bullet that burrowed just beneath him reminding him that there but for the grace of God went he. The tree he was partially sheltering behind wouldn't have done fuck-all to protect against a bullet from the heavy machinegun's fire.

"We have wounded! Over here!" he yelled as he shifted fire to the closest group of dismountes, sending streams of tracers their way. He flipped his NVGs down to assist his vision and targeting, as he could easily see the fall of the tracers and he wasn't using the weapon's iron sights.

It was quite novel to have medical personnel attached on the section/squad level. In the Polish and other WP armies, there would be an ambulance with a full doctor at the battalion level at the lowest, never up front with the troops. Still, while Monika was several hundreds of metres away and not able to attend immediately maybe someone close by had some medical knowledge, enough to save his friend's life.

"Jan, fire on the left group! Everyone else, cover the vehicle and machinegun!" Firing at the far right group of enemies would put Falcon in direct danger due to the line of fire; their comrades would have to fend for themselves with regards to that group. As it was firing at the troops closest might still put Falcon at some risk but that couldn't be helped if Mirage wanted to survive the next few seconds.



Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (90/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Firing full bursts NW with PKM at the closest group of dismounts.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:08, Mon 28 Mar 2011.

Robert Flemming
 player, 20 posts
 American
 CIA
Sun 27 Mar 2011
at 12:30
Re: The PTSM
Rob noticed by the scream that they have wounded. He treid to localize the poor but the way to them was not save. Because he had the radio, Rob started to crawl to catch up with Craig.

Rob Flemming
Callsign Mirage 7
takes cover
PM Makarov (silenced) 8/8 + 3 mags
AKS-74U (folding stock & short barrel - SMG) 30/30 6 mags
SE crawling to Craig

This message was last edited by the player at 12:31, Sun 27 Mar 2011.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 34 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sun 27 Mar 2011
at 16:49
Re: The PTSM
Piotr listens to the sounds of battle around him while he kept his sight on the vehicle bed. The screams around him more than confirmed how effective both the light and machinegun had been.

“Machinegun is out. I'll keep it clear” He shouted hoping the others would trust his marksmanship enough to focus their effort on the riflemen.


Piotr (Mirage 4)
SVD 10/10
Woods SE of enemy position
Overwatch on machinegun and spotlight position taking anyone that attempts to reman the positions.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1050 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 27 Mar 2011
at 17:48
Re: The PTSM
Monika Sawicki:
     Monika heard the scream of the wounded man.  She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.  She let it out slowly.  Monika opened her eyes and sighed quietly.  She holstered her sub gun, then began to carefully crawl toward where Mirage was positioned.

If Tucker sees her moving away, he will call out to her, "Monika!  Stay here for now.  It may not be safe to move right now.  We don't need you getting shot!"
Monika Sawicki
 player, 113 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sun 27 Mar 2011
at 20:39
Re: The PTSM
     Monika heard something being said to her, but she couldn't make it out.  She assumed that it was a call to be careful or something like that.  She paused as she spoke softly, hoping that her English words would carry.  "Going now.  Is job to go.  People hurt maybe."  Monika continued on.

Monika Sawicki
Callsign: Falcon 6
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (25/25)
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Just doing her job

This message was last edited by the player at 12:54, Tue 29 Mar 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1005 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 27 Mar 2011
at 20:50
Re: The PTSM
As Lech went down, killed instantly by an HMG round, Jan swore to himself in French.  He hadn't known the Pole for very long at all but he still felt a sense of responsibility for the death of a man under his command.  It was a feeling that he hoped he never got used to – if he did then that would mean that he had truly lost his humanity!

He didn't dwell on Lech’s death though - that would only lead to further casualties, quite possibly his own!

"Piotr!  Good job!  Maintain your current target!" he ordered, continuing to bark like a drill sergeant.  Jan wasn't sure who had taken out the enemy machinegunner but he was happy to assume that it was Piotr.  "Matias, fire at the group to the left of the vehicle!  Give them something to think about!"

Jan didn't fire at the same target as he had instructed Matias to engage though.  He focussed on the closest group that Dawid's element were engaging and made use of the optical sight mounted on the Steyr.  It contained traces of something mildly radioactive which glowed slightly in the dark, designed to help with aiming at night.  If he spotted a target he planned to fire a double tap at them.


Jan
Mirage-1
Using a tree for cover
Using the 1.5x optical sight with its slight help for night fighting to try and spot a target in the closest group of enemy dismounts, firing an aimed shot followed by a quick shot if he spots someone
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 - 7x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 256 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 28 Mar 2011
at 03:02
Re: The PTSM
With the first round now in the air, Jeff acted quickly.  His initial targets already down, he shifted his target to the cab and exhaled slowly.  From his best guess, the movement either meant the tractor getting away, or sending out a radio message.  Neither of which was good.  To be on the safe side, he fired three rounds in rapid succession into the movement.  He hoped the enemy would be unable to identify his position from the shots, but just to be safe, he scanned the area for anyone now looking in his direction, as well as considering a position to relocate too.


Jeff Warren
Neutralizing movement in the cab
1 Aimed shot + 2 quick at movement in cab of PTSM
SVU-AS [10/10]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:35, Tue 29 Mar 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 48 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Mon 28 Mar 2011
at 15:04
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #384):

Matias somehow heard Jan's voice through all the noise, and he tried to follow the order as best he could. He shifted his focus to the left of the PTSM and fired single aimed shots when possible.

Matias
Overwatch: left side of PTSM, firing single aimed shots
Tantal Wz88 (30/30) + 4 spare mags, all 30/30
PM-63 (15/25)

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1051 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 28 Mar 2011
at 23:31
Re: The PTSM
Monika Sawicki:
     Monika heard something being said to her, but she couldn't make it out.  She assumed that it was a call to be careful or something like that.  She paused as she spoke softly, hoping that her English words would carry.  "Going now.  Is my job to go."  Monika continued on.

Tucker just shakes his head, "Fuck it all, right?  It's your job to stay here until it's clear!" 
Monika Sawicki
 player, 114 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Tue 29 Mar 2011
at 01:49
Re: The PTSM
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
Tucker just shakes his head, "Fuck it all, right?  It's your job to stay here until it's clear!" 


     Monika understood enough of Tuck's words to figure out that he wanted her to stay here.  He just didn't understand why she had to go.  Maybe he never would.  Either way, she didn't have time to explain it to him.  "You say same if you there not here?"

     Monika took a few moments to remove the PB/6P9 and the spare mag from the medic bag.  The mag went into her pocket.  She tucked the pistol into her waistband.  She looted her Doctor's bag to add bandages and other supplies to the contents remaining in the Medic bag.  Next, she shrugged out of her backpack and her combat webbing.  "Tuck, you want help?  Keep for me.  I want back later."  Taking only her medic bag and her pistols, the unit's medic began making yet another house call.


Monika Sawicki
Callsign: Falcon 6
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (25/25)
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Just doing her job

This message was last edited by the player at 01:53, Tue 29 Mar 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 49 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Tue 29 Mar 2011
at 07:26
Re: The PTSM
Jay ignored he explosion of light and sound as the firefight erupted on the other side of the road. He focussed on his intended victim, the sentry about 50m away. He stayed as low as he could, but continued towards the man, keeping him firmly in the sights of his AIMS-74. Like a ghost in the night, he crept forwards, controlling his breathing and stepping like a cat, ensuring no noise was made to alert his target. Slowly he crept forward, occasionally glancing from side to side to make sure he hadn't missed any other targets.

It was his intention to get close enough to the man to silently take him out with his kukri knife, but just in case he will keep his weapon focused on the man. If the sentry spots him, or he is spotted by another sentry, he will immediately fire a burst, aiming at the man's chest, before diving and rolling for cover. If not spotted he will go all the way for a silent kill.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Silently approaching the sentry, aiming for silent kill with knife
AIMS-74 - 30/30
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1451 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 29 Mar 2011
at 11:19
Re: The PTSM
Bayer follows Quyen and Jay, keeping a short distance from the two as he ensures they didn't stray outside of the "safe lane" and inadvertently wander into Mirage's fire. When he sees them closing in on the sentry, he lets them go, confident they could get his assault team even closer to the objective by dealing with the enemy soldier quietly. They still had a few moments before the mortar fire mission anyways.

As he trails the two silent killers, Bayer keeps his weapon up at the ready and will fire single shots at anyone who spots them.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 904 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 29 Mar 2011
at 16:48
Re: The PTSM
As his commander moved off, Mariusz followed him, keeping close enough to react to any threats to the Captain but far enough away not to hinder the man's stealth.
Minh Quyen
 player, 559 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Tue 29 Mar 2011
at 19:39
Re: The PTSM
Quyen keeps moving, hunched over to lower her profile as much as possible, and covers Jay as the sentry is targeted for a quiet kill. She's slightly annoyed at her partner for occasionally looking around though. As wingman, that was what she was for.

With her weapon held ready, she will shoot two rounds and then quickly dash forward a short distance if they are detected.


Quyen
AK74 (30 rounds)
Creeping up on sentry ready to fire and charge if spotted

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2254 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 29 Mar 2011
at 23:59
Re: The PTSM

The next few seconds are a violent blur of action and sound.

Falcon

Warren, scanning the cab of the PTSM through the PSO optic of his "new" SVU, spots movement inside. Someone is moving around in the amphib's crew compartment. Warren takes careful aim and fires a single shot. The target jerks spastically and then abruptly slumps out of view- a near certain hit. (Jeff -1 round)

Jay and Minh, meanwhile, are creeping closer to the lone sentry. Minh keeps a careful lookout for additional sentries on the north side of the PTSM but spots none. They both freeze in their tracks when the muffled blast of a gunshot cracks behind them. Somehow, the sentry fails to notice it. Jay continues stealthily forward, followed by his wingman (or woman); they are about 20m away from the man when, for whatever reason, he turns his head towards them. The sentry peers into the darkness, letting his eyes adjust. Jay locks eyes with the man and recognizes in them the startled glimmer of recognition. Before the man can shout a warning or engage the intruders with his weapon, Jay fires a tight burst into his torso. The man rocks back and crumples into a heap and then starts to moan pitiously. (Jay -3 rounds)

As this is going on, the rest of team Falcon, sans a small element led by Sgt. Tucker, creeps forward behind the point team (Jay & Minh).

Before Jay can get any closer to the badly wounded sentry, a tremendous explosion errupts about 50m NE of the PTSM. The blast is close enough to the enemy's forward positions to almost certainly cause blast and/or fragmentation casualties among them.

You can feel the fading concussion wave bundle into you. It's not quite enough to knock you down, but it does give you pause.


Mirage

The surviving Mirages continue to fight back. Dawid flips his NVGs back down and fires a short burst at the nearest enemy. The muzzle flash of the PKM is bright, but not unbearably so, and the outgoing tracers are even more noticeable through the light amplification of the goggles. Thusly, he watches the burst go over the heads of the nearest enemy (it looks like only one or two men). Someone else has more luck as the man firing back lets out a scream and sinks down into the darkness. Jan happens to notice this as well, as this very same man was in his sights when he just pulled the trigger [twice] on his Steyr F88. Dawid sees another sentry a few meters from the one that's just gone down hit. He appears to be crawling to a new position a little further west. (Dawid -5 rounds; Jan -2 rounds)

As ordered, Matias focusses his efforts on the more distant enemy muzzle flash to the northwest and fires a few carefully aimed single shots. The enemy weapon, however, continues to strobe away. (Matias -3 rounds)

Piotr, meanwhile, is waiting for someone to reman either the HMG or the spotlight in the back of the PTSM. A figure pops up from the darkness of the ground and climbs into the bed of the amphib. Piotr takes aim and fires two shots. The man flinches but continues to try to bring the bulky HMG to bear. As he tries to swing the barrel back to the southern treeline, a huge explosion about 50m ahead of the PTSM rocks him back on his heels. (Piotr -2 shots)

You can feel the fading concussion wave bundle into you. It's not quite enough to knock you down, but it does give you pause. As the outgoing fire from Mirage comes to a halt, you notice that Woj has gone quiet.

Only one enemy appears to be firing at you at the moment. He is roughly 50m west of the PTSM, near the road. There does appear to be some movement low to the ground near the southern sentry just dispatched by Jan. There is also the man in the back of the PTSM, straining to operate the HMG mounted there.


Updated Tac-Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...56,0.024719&z=16


Next Actions?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:13, Wed 30 Mar 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 50 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 30 Mar 2011
at 07:38
Re: The PTSM
As he fired the burst which took down the sentry, Jay immediately dove for cover and rolled into a firing position. He could hear the sentry start to wail in pain, as the realisation of his predicament overtook him. A split second later the explosion shook the ground. Jay guessed that this was the first mortar round. Using the noise of the explosion and the gunfire as cover, he quickly got back to his feet and dashed across to where the sentry had fallen. He kept low, and kept his weapon ready. He rapidly covered the short distance, before spotting the man lying on the floor, blood seeping from his chest and stomach wounds. At the last moment Jay switched his rifle to his left hand and pulled out his kukri knife. This wasn't how he had planned the sneak attack, but it would have to do. He pounced on the man and slashed downwards at the man's throat with the knife, using it like an axe, pounding repeatedly until he was certain the man was dead.

As soon as he was done he quickly wiped the blade on the dead man's sleeve and then stowed it back in it's sheath. While doing so he glanced around for other threats, before swapping his rifle back into a firing position. Once he was satisfied that their was no immediate threat he turned and gave a signal to the others that they could advance. Once done he stayed prone and kept his rifle ready, awaiting further instructions.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Finishing off sentry with knife, then prone ready to fire
AIMS-74 - 30/27
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

This message was last edited by the player at 11:47, Wed 30 Mar 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2369 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 30 Mar 2011
at 09:42
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #393):

"Sutherland, target 50 metres in front! Jan, keep firing at the left element! Piotr, cover the machinegun! Robert, on me!"

Dawid started firing at the machinegunner, as that was the biggest threat at this point and the closer enemies seemed down. The mortars firing at a target when friendlies were this close worried him, considering how inaccurate they were (as he well knew). So far so good, but if rounds started coming closer then he wanted to be able to contact the battery directly, for safety's sake.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (85/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Firing full bursts NW with PKM at the PTSM.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:08, Wed 30 Mar 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 339 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 30 Mar 2011
at 09:47
Re: The PTSM
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"Sutherland, target 50 metres in front! Jan, keep firing at the left element! Piotr, cover the machinegun! Robert, on me!"


Rising was a painful experience, but he was already sitting when he heard Dawid call. Using the tree as cover he raised his rifle to his shoulder. He scanned for the man crawling to their front and opened up with a short burst of fire.

He then changed his angle of fire and tried to hit the lone gunman West of the PTSM with a second burst.

Support Element
Firing a burst forward and to the west

AK-74/BG-15 (40/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 7x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6

This message was last edited by the player at 09:50, Wed 30 Mar 2011.

Robert Flemming
 player, 22 posts
 American
 CIA
Wed 30 Mar 2011
at 11:10
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Dawid Waldus Piotrowski (msg #395):

Rob heard the shout from Dawid. He looked around and started to move to Dawid.
"I am on the way."

If there it is a short and save distance he will make a quick jump and run to get to his position. Otherwise he moves carefully his SMG pointed into enemy's dirction.

Rob Flemming
Callsign Mirage 7
Moving to Dawid
PM Makarov (silenced) 8/8 + 3 mags
AKS-74U (folding stock & short barrel - SMG) 30/30 6 mags

This message was last edited by the player at 11:11, Wed 30 Mar 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1008 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 31 Mar 2011
at 22:32
Re: The PTSM
Jan had seen the target he had fired at go down, mostly likely as a result of his own fire, and he couldn't see any other clear targets in the same location, though there was someone moving nearby.  Dawid was still engaging with the machiengun though so he switched targets to assist Matias in firing at the single gunman to the west of the vehicle.

The young Pole was doing well, firing semi automatic and not just blasting away with his rifle on automatic like some hot shot in a film!  "Matias," he called encouragingly in Polish.  "You're doing well.  Keep firing!"

The man Matias was firing at was a couple of hundred meters away though so Jan steadied his Steyr and aimed at the flashes from the man’s rifle as he fired.  He tried to pick out his target using the Steyr's optical sight and then fired a couple of aimed shots at the man, taking his time to steady the weapon and control the recoil between shots.  The recoil would normally be negligible on a Steyr but between his wounded left arm and the underslung grenade launcher he wasn't controlling the weapon as well as he had previously.


Jan
Mirage-1
Using a tree for cover
Using the 1.5x optical sight with its slight help for night fighting to fire an aimed shot at the single enemy dismount to the SW of the PTSM
F88 Steyr AUG (28/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 - 7x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 49 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Fri 1 Apr 2011
at 00:01
Re: The PTSM
Matias continued to return fire to the position southwest of the PTSM. He didn't seem to be having much success, and he attributed it to the distance. He pulled his head up to survey the area for a moment, contemplating a move forward. But he brought it back down a moment later and resumed firing. "Can't move without exposing myself. Too close to the other enemy position,," he thought to himself.

Matias
Continue firing single aimed shots at enemy SW of PTSM
Tantal Wz88 (27/30) + 4 spare mags, all 30/30
PM-63 (15/25)

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 260 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 1 Apr 2011
at 05:38
Re: The PTSM
Satisfied with his shot, Jeff looks for more targets.  Given the burst of fire to his front right, he figures Falcon is now nearly on the enemy.  Too close for the rest of the mortars.  Jeff calls in canceling the rest of the fire mission, before scanning the zone of the first impact to see if there are any survivors he can pick off.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 905 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 1 Apr 2011
at 15:16
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz remained close to Bayer and waited for any instructions or to react to any threats to his commander.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 35 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Fri 1 Apr 2011
at 18:46
Re: The PTSM
Although the light dispersion of the searchlight did help in finding target it also created annoying shadows. Piotr cursed these shadows as he missed his target. His curses cut short while he ducked away to cover from the concussion wave.

When the wave dispersed he immediately put his sights on the machinegun position. Ready for an aimed shot as anyone tried to man the weapon. Already fixed on his target Dawid's words got a simple "Aye" in acknowledgement.

Piotr (Mirage 4)
SVD 8/10
Woods SE of enemy position
Overwatch on machinegun and spotlight position taking aimed shots at anyone that attempts to reman the positions.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2255 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 2 Apr 2011
at 19:56
Re: The PTSM

Mirage

Piotr resights on the brave HMG'er as the man struggles to bring the weapon on target. He fires just as the man triggers a short burst into the ground a few meters in front of Dawid's position. The replacement gunner staggers back hit, releasing the butterfly triggers of his weapon. Dawid returns the favor with a five-round burst of his own and the man is thrown backwards out of the bed of the PSTM. A green tracer hits the tripod of the HMG and bounces off into the darkness to the northeast. (Piotr -1 round; Dawid -5 rounds)

Craig catches sight of the enemy rifleman scrambling east, just under 100m away to his front. He triggers a quick burst and sees the man drop. Craig assumes that he hit the target but the enemy might be wilfully hugging the dirt. Either way, there's no more movement 100m out. (Craig -5 rounds)

Jan and Matias, meanwhile, try to eliminate the shooter to the west. Jan sees the man cleary through his F88's 1.5x scope and Matias hones in on the man's muzzle flash. Jan sends two aimed rounds downrange while Matias sends three. Jan is fairly certain that one or the other Mirage registers at least one hit on the target. But, it's second too late. One round from the man's final burst sizzles across the back of Dawid's left thigh, causing a painful but superficial wound. The culprit to the west, however, has most likely been eliminated. (Jan -2 rounds; Matias -3 rounds) (Dawid slight wound left leg)

The enemy between Mirage and the PTSM, and the lone shooter to the west, appear to have been neutralized. The danger has not quite passed, however, as someone to the northeast, near where the mortar bomb exploded, opens fire. His aim is high, though, snapping through the tree branches overhead.


Falcon

Jay quickly covers the last few meters to the wounded sentry, drawing his Kukri as he does so. The man realizes the danger too late and reaches for his dropped rifle just as the Gurkha is upon him. Jay brings the Kukri down on the back of the man's neck, severing his spine with a wet crunching sound.

Minh, acting as Jay's wingman, spots movement in the weeds nearby. An enemy sentry, heretofor unseen and apparently playing possum, pops up about 5m from where Jay is finishing off the wounded sentry and aims his rifle at the Gurkha. Minh reflexively fires three rounds at short range, knocking the man down. He starts to scream in pain, wounded by at least two bullet strikes (Minh suspects all three shots struck home) (Minh -3 rounds)

The rest of the assault team is moving in behind Jay and Minh, weapons up and ready. The action happens so fast, none of them has a chance to help before both sentries are down (one definitely KIA, the other WIA).

After contacting the 10th's heavy mortar team to call off the fire mission, Jeff sets the sights of his SVU on the impact area. The smoke and dust of the recent blast has just begun to settle. The upper reaches of the cloud glow faintly from the beam of the spotlight. It's an erie effect. Searching ground level, Jeff spots a hint of movement, suggesting that at least one of the enemy stationed there near the road are still alive. His suspicions are confirmed when a gunman opens up on Mirage. The shooter is either unaware of Falcon's proximity to the PTSM or he is simply preoccupied with the overwhelming firepower that Mirage has been putting out.


Updated Tac-Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...57,0.024719&z=16


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:04, Sun 03 Apr 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 340 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 2 Apr 2011
at 22:52
Re: The PTSM

Scanning left to right with his AK at his shoulder, Craig tries to pick out movement to the front and to the west. He holds fire on the only shooter to the north on the off chance his fire would hit Falcon.

He could feel the dull pain from what he suspected was extensive bruising under his body armour.

”Should I take out the spotlight.”

He asked Dawid in between his firing.

Support Element
Firing on movement to the front and west

AK-74/BG-15 (35/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 7x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2370 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 08:43
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #404):

The bullet scored a line of fire across the back of his thigh.

"Ah shit! Fuck!" There was no time to assess the wound. His leg seemed to be working despite a trickle of warmth from the blood, that was the extent of the attention he could devote to that problem.

He kept the GMPG aimed at the MG mount on the vehicle. The next brave soul who got up there would find themselves getting down in a hurry, one way or another.

Dawid answered, "Craig, affirmative!

"Piotr, keep covering the vehicle!

"Jan, I hope those bastards over there on the left are dead! If they are, shift fire to right group!"


He said to Fleming, "well, I think we got their attention! Please look after my friend Woj, he's badly injured."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (80/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Aiming to cover the PTSM's MG.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:43, Mon 04 Apr 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 341 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 08:59
Re: The PTSM
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
In reply to Craig Sutherland (msg #404):
Dawid answered, <Blue>"Craig, affirmative!



When Dawid gives the all clear Craig centres his aim on the spotlight. Once certain of a hit in his own mind Craig lets off a single shot then a short burst.

He then drops down his NVG's and surveys the battle field for any movement from cover. If he spots anything he will let the others in his squad know.


Support Element
Taking out spotlight

AK-74/BG-15 (40/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 7x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6
Monika Sawicki
 player, 119 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 11:54
Re: The PTSM
     Monika continued moving toward the sounds of gunfire.  She hoped that no one was badly hurt, but in her heart she knew that when bullets fly, some of them find bodies.

Monika Sawicki
Callsign: Falcon 6
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (25/25)
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Just doing her job

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 54 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 12:03
Re: The PTSM
As the second sentry popped up, Jay kept low to avoid getting in the way, confident that Minh would do her job properly. She did, and he watched as the victim collapsed to the floor. He stayed put by the body of the man he had just nearly decapitated, leaving Minh to finish off her victim. He nodded a silent thankyou to her, and then scanned quickly for others as the remaining Falcons caught up with them. Once they were there he quickly checked the sentry's body, seeing if the man had been carrying anything of interest. He didn't expect to find much, but you never knew. Of most interest would be ammo, grenades and any intel.

Once the quick search was completed he went back to keeping watch. He kept low, both to avoid being spotted by the enemy, but also to avoid any friendly fire that might accidently come his way. As he watched he heard the shots coming from the shooter to the East. He aimed his weapon in that direction, but held fire, waiting for instructions from the Kapitan.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Checking for other targets, quickly searching corpse, waiting for instructions
AIMS-74 - 30/27
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 262 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 13:29
Re: The PTSM
At the first burst of fire from the gunman's rifle, Jeff quickly hones in his scope on the target.  Taking a second to aim, he fires again to neutralize this threat, and hopefully keep anyone else up North from thinking of firing.


Jeff Warren
Aiming + Shot(s) on Active shooter in NE group
SVU-AS, bipod deployed [9/10]+ 7x10 round mags

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1453 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 14:44
Re: The PTSM
"Fight through! Fight through!" Bayer hisses to this two lead assaulters, just loud enough for them to hear. "Push forward towards the vehicle."

Bayer then motions for Mariusz to close the distance to Jay and Quyen with him. It was very unorthodox assault, with confusing lines of advance and arcs of fire, so he was more focused on controlling the action rather than ready to engage any threats.  Toggling the radio, he says on the move, "Mirage do not engage right of the vehicle. Tucker, move southeast one hundred meters and standby to engage enemy at, uh, reference mortar impact area."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:00, Mon 04 Apr 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 55 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 16:09
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #410):

Hearing Konrad's command, Jay finished looting the corpse and pushed forward again. He kept low and made sure he didn't move too quickly or make himself a target. He kept his AIMS-74 ready in case more targets presented themselves.

OOC - I will confirm what I took from the dead sentry once Rae let's me know what there was to take.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 906 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 17:53
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz picked up the pace to match that of his commander and scanned ahead to see if anyone threatened the man he was protecting. He realised taht Bayer would be too busy co-ordinating the attack to watch out for himself, Mariusz needed to be the eyes and ears for both of them.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2373 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 18:59
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Toggling the radio, he says on the move, "Mirage do not engage right of the vehicle. Tucker, move southeast one hundred meters and standby to engage enemy at, uh, reference mortar impact area."


Not wanting to do it himself and cease aiming, he instead said, "Fleming, acknowledge that and confirm we're covering the vehicle. Let us know when they're there."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (75/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Aiming to cover the PTSM's MG.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1015 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 4 Apr 2011
at 21:57
Re: The PTSM
Hearing Konrad’s orders Jan relayed them to the surviving members of his element.  He heard Dawid ordering Robert to acknowledge the instructions to Konrad so Jan didn’t clutter the airwaves with additional transmissions.

“Matias.  Piotr.  Do not fire to the right of the vehicle.  You will run the risk of hitting members of Falcon.”

As the man Matias and he had been firing at had gone down Jan glanced around for further targets in the sector they were safe to fire in to engage.  As he did so he reflexively reloaded the M203 mounted on the Steyr, replacing the spent 40mm HE grenade with a new one he pulled from the grenade vest he was wearing.


Jan
Mirage-1
Using a tree for cover
Looking for more enemy to engage to the left of the vehicle and reloading his M203 at the same time
F88 Steyr AUG (26/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 - 7x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1053 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 01:41
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer then motions for Mariusz to close the distance to Jay and Quyen with him. It was very unorthodox assault, with confusing lines of advance and arcs of fire, so he was more focused on controlling the action rather than ready to engage any threats.  Toggling the radio, he says on the move, "Mirage do not engage right of the vehicle. Tucker, move southeast one hundred meters and standby to engage enemy at, uh, reference mortar impact area."

"Roger!  Moving," Robert calls back into the radio as he begins to get up to his knees and he taps Teo on the shoulder indicating that it's time to go.  "C'mon Teo, We're moving this way.  Follow me," he says getting off of his knees and trying to use hand signals, pointing, & slow talking to get his message to his partner.

Tucker will move, with Teo, about 100 meters to the southeast and set up a blocking point as best he can tell.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 12/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

This message was last edited by the player at 01:43, Tue 05 Apr 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 50 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 04:41
Re: The PTSM
Matias nodded to acknowledge Jan's instructions. He kept his attention focused on the area around the vehicle, even though he knew that the encounter was basically done.

Matias
Overwatch: vicinity of PTSM, fire single shots if needed
Tantal Wz88 (24/30) + 4 spare mags, all 30/30
PM-63 (15/25)

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2374 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 06:29
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #414):

Hearing Jan, Dawid echoed that.

"Yes, orders from Falcon. Don't engage right of the PTSM. Sorry Jan, should have clarified that so you weren't confused."
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 37 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 18:49
Re: The PTSM
Without emotion Piotr watches how his bullet strikes the brave, but stupid, machinegunner. Keeping his sight on the machinegun he patiently waits for another target to present himself, glad the searchlight is providing enough lighting. He wondered if he would even be able to see the machinegun without it.


Piotr (Mirage 4)
SVD 7/10
Woods SE of enemy position
Overwatch on machinegun and spotlight position taking aimed shots at anyone that attempts to reman the positions.

Minh Quyen
 player, 560 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 20:03
Re: The PTSM
As soon as the third round has left the barrel of her rifle, Quyen is up and sprinting forward toward the screaming sentry. Nimbly racing across the grass, she quickly closes the short distance to the man before leaping up and delivering a hard kick across the side of his head.

As soon as she touches down again, she spins around and brings her rifle up to bear, ready to hammer the wooden stock of the AK down on the sentry's head (if needed to finish the job). Otherwise, she will just crouch back down low again and give the area a quick scan.

With the second sentry silenced, she quickly recovers and begins advancing towards the PTMS again. Keeping low, moving crablike, and using the ground to her advantage. "Come" she says over her shoulder to Jay, slightly panting from the excitement "Bodies checked for people behind us."

Quyen
Using Agility + Acrobatics + Unarmed Martial Arts to save ammo (plus Armed Martial Arts if the needed)
Falcon Team with Jayyy

This message was last edited by the player at 20:03, Tue 05 Apr 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2256 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 5 Apr 2011
at 23:46
Re: The PTSM

The Mirages hold their fire as they are engaged by at least one rifleman situated near the mortar impact point.

Warren, continuing his string of luck, hits the lone shot with a single shot fired from about 300 meters away. (Warren -1 round)

Minh rushes the pop-up sentry she's just shot and attempts to break his neck with a swift soccer kick. She makes contact- not quite as solidly as she intended to- and the man goes limp. It's not immediately clear, however, whether he is living or dead.

The path to the port side of the parked PTSM is now open. The Falcons see no one between the enemy amphib and themselves. Tucker and Teo advance on the area where the mortar bomb hit and where the last gunman had just gone down. They move quickly but cautiously, encountering no living enemy on the way. As they move nearer to the impact point, Tucker can make out the sound of uncharacteristically loud whispering- the kind men do when their eardrums aren't quite working properly. It's coming from just north of the smoking crater of the 120mm HE impact. Tuck and Teo are about 30m from it's source.

Craig tries to knock out the spotlight with his AK. He fires a single shot, with no effect, and then follows up with a five-round burst. The beam shifts so that it is shining nalmost vertically now. Craig must have hit it, but with negligible damage. (Craig -6 rounds)

The enemy is not currently returning fire. With the paradoxical conditions caused by the combination of the natural darkness of a nearly moonless night and the strange illumination caused by the skyward-reaching beam of the spotlight, it's very hard to see anything in the area of the PTSM without using NODs. It's a near certainty that several of the enemy are dead, but it's also quite possible that others are still capable of putting up some degree of resistance. Even targets you'd seen just seconds before, mostly in sillouette, are now no longer visible. Anyone lying down and not moving around much is going to be very difficult to spot without NODs.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:21, Wed 06 Apr 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 51 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Wed 6 Apr 2011
at 00:32
Re: The PTSM
The unresolved tension of the moment had gotten to Matias. He spoke over his shoulder (in Polish): "Should we approach on clean-up now?"

Then a moment later added "We should really get that light out. People can see it from miles away now."

He didn't move yet, but waited for orders from Jan or Dawid.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 342 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 6 Apr 2011
at 00:45
Re: The PTSM

Ah yes Craig they must have one of those armour plated spotlights he though to himself. He again tries for a more solid hit with the same pattern, single shot and a burst of fire.

Support Element
Taking out spotlight

AK-74/BG-15 (39/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 7x40mm HE- held at shoulder
RPG-7D (1/1 HEAT) + 1 PG-7N HEAT Grenades - slung on shoulder
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 6

This message was last edited by the player at 00:48, Wed 06 Apr 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2375 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 6 Apr 2011
at 05:46
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #420):

Dawid answered Matais in Polish, "we must be careful, Falcon could be getting close to the objective. I will check."

He called out to Craig, "is there a problem with the light? We could have friendlies that way! Single shots!"

Deciding to contact Konrad he then transmitted, "Mirage calling Falcon. If you can hear me but don't want to give yourself away, please click your radio microphone once. If you are getting close to the vehicle, wait and then click your microphone twice."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (75/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Transmitting, Aiming to cover the PTSM's MG.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:41, Wed 06 Apr 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1017 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 7 Apr 2011
at 12:42
Re: The PTSM
Jan slid his M203 closed, finishing reloading it, and started scanning around for other targets to engage.  The only person who seemed to be firing in the direction of the Mirage elements was on the right hand side of the vehicle so Jan held his fire to avoid the risk of a friendly fire incident.

He kept scanning around for other targets within the arc it was safe to engage.  If he spotted one he fired a pair of shots at it.  If he couldn't spot a viable target then Jan took aim at the searchlight and fired a single shot at it, looking to smash the glass front of it and stop it acting as a beacon.


Jan
Mirage-1
Using a tree for cover
Looking for more enemy to engage to the left of the vehicle - if he spots one he will fire an aimed shot followed by a normal shot at it - if he can't spot one then he will fire an aimed shot at the searchlight in an attempt to stop it shining up into the sky
F88 Steyr AUG (26/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 7x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1055 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 7 Apr 2011
at 19:18
Re: The PTSM
Cap'n Rae:
The path to the port side of the parked PTSM is now open. The Falcons see no one between the enemy amphib and themselves. Tucker and Teo advance on the area where the mortar bomb hit and where the last gunman had just gone down. They move quickly but cautiously, encountering no living enemy on the way. As they move nearer to the impact point, Tucker can make out the sound of uncharacteristically loud whispering- the kind men do when their eardrums aren't quite working properly. It's coming from just north of the smoking crater of the 120mm HE impact. Tuck and Teo are about 30m from it's source.
Next Moves?

Tucker indicates to Teo to go prone on the ground and set up his weapon.  He looks to him and points to his (Tucker) own ears and then in the direction he hears the noise (and the approximate direction) to see if Teo can maybe tell what they're saying if they're not speaking English.  Tuck contiues to view that area and brings his M-16A2 up to his shoulder and flips the safety off to burst fire.

He toggles his radio and transmits to Bayer.  "Sunray, Tuck.  Possible contact on unidentified group Three-Zero meters from my location.  Any friendlies north of impact crater?  Advise ASAP, Copy?"

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 12/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

This message was last edited by the player at 23:43, Fri 08 Apr 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 263 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 8 Apr 2011
at 01:44
Re: The PTSM
Jeff squints, but fails to find a target.  As he readies his NODs, he calls out on the platoon net "Soko-, Sorry Falcon-2 has no target at this time, over."

With that, he flips down the NODs and uses them to scan north and south of the PTSM for targets, using one hand to try and block some of the light from the spotlight, which was fortunately pointed the opposite direction.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:45, Fri 08 Apr 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1455 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Fri 8 Apr 2011
at 03:00
Re: The PTSM
Jeff D. Warren:
"Sorry Falcon-2 has no target at this time, over."


Bayer toggles the radio transmit button and says, "Sunray, roger. Move up and support Sergeant Tucker. Out." Still holding down the button, he quickly adds, "Tucker, cover the enemy on the road. My group is making the final assault." And in nearly the same breath, "Mirage. Falcon. Swing fire left of vehicle. Falcon assaulting now. Over."

Bayer then motions to Mariusz and moves up in line with Jay and Quyen while he waits for a confirmation from the other patrol. Pointing ahead with the muzzle of his rifle, he says, "We're bounding forward to secure that vehicle. GO!"

As he advances, Bayer will fire single shots into any enemy he spots around the vehicle.


Bayer
G36/HK69 (30/3O + HE)
Bounding forward in tandem with Mariusz while Jay and Quyen do the same
Falcon-1

This message was last edited by the player at 03:01, Fri 08 Apr 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2378 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 8 Apr 2011
at 06:00
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer toggles the radio transmit button and says, "Sunray, roger. Move up and support Sergeant Tucker. Out." Still holding down the button, he quickly adds, "Tucker, cover the enemy on the road. My group is making the final assault." And in nearly the same breath, "Mirage. Falcon. Swing fire left of vehicle. Falcon assaulting now. Over."


"Okay, Falcon, I understand!"

He yelled out to everyone, "we have friendlies on approach right now! Keep fires to left of the vehicle! No firing at the vehicle or that light!"

Switching to Polish he said to the Poles nearby, "Piotr, keep covering the MG but be sure to identify your target. Matias, Lech, fires to the left of the vehicle, only."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (75/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Transmitting.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 343 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 8 Apr 2011
at 06:13
Re: The PTSM


Craig lifts the muzzle of his AK upward as he releases the pressure on the trigger.He gives Dawid a glance as he lower his NVG's and surveys the battlefield from left to right.
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 52 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Fri 8 Apr 2011
at 13:50
Re: The PTSM
Matias grunted out a quick "Yes," before he swung his arc of fire around. He was starting to lose focus, just waiting for something to happen like this.

Matias
Overwatch: left (south) side of PTSM, fire single shots if needed
Tantal Wz88 (24/30) + 4 spare mags, all 30/30
PM-63 (15/25)

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 907 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 8 Apr 2011
at 15:38
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz moved up in tandem with his commander and made sure that his NVGs were down and still working. He fired shots at anyone he could see, trying to avoid Bayer's sectors if he could.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2258 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 8 Apr 2011
at 23:26
Re: The PTSM

Craig and Jan both resume firing on the spotlight before Dawid passes on the order to check fire. Sparks dance off its mount, flowed by the sound of breaking glass. The field instantly goes pitch black, leaving a faint afterimage dancing before your eyes. If anything, during the next several seconds, it's even harder to see anything than it was before.

Woj has been silent for the last minute or so.

Falcon

With Jeff providing overwatch, Tucker and Teo, with Sunray moving up in support, continue to cover the surviving enemy near the road to the northeast of the PTSM. The faint, dusty tang of activated explosives and pulverized earth hangs in the air and settles on the tongue. Tuck and Teo continue to evesdrop. Teo shakes his head at Tuck, indicating that he can't hear well enought to make out what's being said. After the spotlight is forcibly shut off, the whispering stops. It's soon replaced by a low moaning, followed by some irritated shushing, and then silence again.

Jay, Minh, Konrad, and Mariusz assault the PTSM. There's a body on the near side, crumpled up near the port side tracks below the cargo bed. Someone is kneeling over the body, his back to the four. Konrad is about to put two bullet's into the stranger when he sees the medic's pack slung over his shoulder. During the excitement with the sentries, Monika must have crept off and made her own way to the PTSM. The man she's examining is clearly dead, with two bullet wounds to the torso.

The Soviet-made amphib towers over the crouching assault group. Its cargo bed has tall, slab sides- presumably to keep it's cargo dry when "swimming"- and someone will have to climb up inside to see what's in there. The crew cab's doors are shut as well. The sharp smell of cordite, mingling with the coppery smell of blood hangs over the vehicle.


Next Moves?
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 57 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sat 9 Apr 2011
at 06:49
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #432):

Along with the rest of Falcon, Jay moved quickly across the ground towards the PTSM. Glad that the light had been extinguished, he relied on his night vision to guide him to his target, weapon ever ready.

Upon arrival he quickly scouted for movement. Spotting the kneeler, Jay was shocked when it turned out to be Monika. She must have moved like a ghost to get there in front of them, and he considered her lucky to have not been hit by friendly fire. Leaving her to the Kapitan, he continued to check the area.

All seemed secure around the PTSM, except the vehicle itself. He gestured silently to Minh and Mariusz to provide cover while he inspected the vehicle. He stowed the folding butt on his AIMS and held it one handed, like an enlarged pistol. Firing it like that wouldn't be accurate, but it would be messy in a confined area. He held the weapon carefully, before taking a firm hold on the side of the vehicle with the other hand. He slowly pulled himself up the side of the PTSM, moving as quietly as possible, all the time keeping his eyes on the top of the vehicle, watching for movement. When he got to the top he paused before raising himself above the edge. He listened intently for signs of movement inside.

As soon as he is confident that it is safe to proceed, and that he is certain that the Kapitan has ordered Mirage to hold fire and not shoot him by mistake, he will clamber over, quickly returning his weapon to two hands, prepared to fire.

OOC - if he hears a lot of movement he will wait, possibly to use a grenade, but will wait for clearance to do so.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Climbing up side of PTSM, preparing to respond to any movement inside
AIMS-74 - 30/27
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

Craig Sutherland
 player, 344 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 9 Apr 2011
at 11:09
Re: The PTSM

A quick smile crept across Craigs face as he lowered his NVG's and turned them on. He moved slightly into cover as he studied the battlefield in front of him with his Ak at the ready.

If he spotted anything out of the ordinary he would let his team know. He concentrated on the area around the Russian tractor trying to discern what was going on.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2379 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 10 Apr 2011
at 09:52
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #432):

Dawid checked his watch, then looked through his NVGs.

"No firing directly at the vehicle, friendlies should be in the target area by now! Fires to the left of the vehicle only!" He repeated the instructions in Polish to make sure everyone knew.

"Jan, pass the word along to your group."

"Fleming, how's Woj doing?"


Shifting the MG to the left, he clicked his radio. "Falcon, we are holding fire on the target area. Fires to our left, only."


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (75/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Aiming to cover left of the PTSM.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:18, Mon 11 Apr 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 908 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 10 Apr 2011
at 14:25
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz nodded to Jay and scanned teh area ready to cover the doughty little warrior.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 38 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sun 10 Apr 2011
at 17:22
Re: The PTSM
Piotr squeezed his eyes to adjust to the overwhelming darkness as the searchlight was finally destroyed.

Hearing Dawid shout his instructions he decides to wisely hold his fire. Unable to discern friend or foe in this light.


Piotr (Mirage 4)
SVD 7/10
Woods SE of enemy position
Observing but holding fire.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:22, Sun 10 Apr 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 120 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sun 10 Apr 2011
at 18:25
Re: The PTSM
     Monika didn't find either of her teammate's elements, but she did find some downed opposition troops.  She found that one of the Baron's men had taken a couple in the chest.  There wasn't anything that she could do for him.  Suddenly, it occurred to her that she was sitting in the middle of the bullseye.  Maybe if she used her callsign.

     But, what was her call sign?  Monika couldn't exactly remember.  She recalled that it was some kind of hunting bird...  It wasn't the bird on their money...  Monika thought it had to be a good sized bird, whatever it was, for them to use it as a callsign.  Finially, she called out in English to identify herself, "This Big Bird Six.  Not shoot."


Monika Sawicki
Callsign: Falcon 6
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (25/25)
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Just doing her job

Jan Cerny
 player, 1018 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 11 Apr 2011
at 11:40
Re: The PTSM
The light wasn’t shining anymore and that was a good thing!

“Piotr.  Matias.  Revision to current fire lanes,” Jan ordered, relaying Dawid’s instructions in Polish, loud enough for the Mirage commander to hear.  “Do not fire at the vehicle or to its right!  Fire only to its left!  I will watch the HMG position with my IR goggles.”

As he spoke he pushed his IR goggles back up over his eyes and secured them.  He then continued to study the battlefield, focussing principally on the rear of the PTSM where the HMG was located.  He wouldn’t be able to fire his Steyr effectively while wearing his goggles but he would be able to warn others if the machinegun was about to become operational again.  Hopefully the Falcon team would be able to secure the machinegun soon anyway!


Jan
Mirage-1
Using a tree for cover
Putting his IR Goggles back on and focusing on the HMG
F88 Steyr AUG (25/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 7x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1457 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 11 Apr 2011
at 15:00
Re: The PTSM
Bayer lowes the muzzle of his rifle slightly and hisses, "Sawiki! What are you doing here?!" He then lowers it further and relieved that no harm had come, says more quietly, "You came very close to getting killed."

Turning his attention to Jay and Quyen, Bayer waves to signal to them that they're clear to proceed. "Secure it." he says. Then loud enough for everyone at the PTSM to hear, he says, pointing in the relevant directions in case people were not oriented, "Nobody goes South or East of the vehicle... or you will be shot."

Bayer then gets on the radio, "Mirage and Falcon-2, this ist Sunray. Falcon-1 is on the objective but overall position is not clear... engage any targets in your established arcs. Send SITREPS. Over."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:02, Mon 11 Apr 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1019 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 11 Apr 2011
at 15:16
Re: The PTSM
“Falcon-1.  Mirage-1,” Jan replied over the radio in response to Konrad’s request for SITREPS.  He didn’t know all that had transpired but he could report the bits that he had seen.  “At least two, probably more, enemy down in and around vehicle.  Currently have HMG under observation.  Single rifleman to south west of vehicle also down.  Unsure of size and status of enemy force due east of vehicle.  Currently silent though.  Mirage-2 KIA.”
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1458 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 11 Apr 2011
at 15:32
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #441):

Bayer remains off the air until Tuck is able to report in. Once that is done, he will know enough to get the consolidation phase of the attack underway. His shoulders lowered a little though when he heard that Mirage lost two of their teammates - but to keep focused, he didn't ask for the details.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:34, Mon 11 Apr 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2380 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 12 Apr 2011
at 07:10
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #442):

Dawid was about to reply when Jan did so, and held off to avoid stepping on him.

"Go ahead, Jan, you can answer!" he called out.

Realising what Jan was saying, he added, "Mirage calling Falcon. I'm also hit but not bad, I'm still able to command. I think we have two dead total, maybe more. We'll let you know after we take a head count. I'm also going to ask the enemy to surrender now. That's all."

"Jan," he called out again to his 2ic, "Continue observing the tractor and the front sectors. Also, take a roll call, see if everyone's all right! Woj is dead."

Addressing the enemy he yelled in Polish, "followers of the Black Baron! it's time to give up! You are surrounded and we have mortars! Your position is hopeless, and if you surrender immediately we promise to show mercy!"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:06, Tue 12 Apr 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 266 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 12 Apr 2011
at 12:51
Re: The PTSM
Jeff had heard the shooting from the SW earlier, but had not actually seen the shooter.  With Jan's call, he shifts his focus to the area SW of the Tractor, using either the scope or his Night Vision Goggles to look for a target.

Next time one of those poles is spotting for me...

This message was last edited by the player at 12:52, Tue 12 Apr 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1056 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 12 Apr 2011
at 13:18
Re: The PTSM
Cap'n Rae:
Falcon

With Jeff providing overwatch, Tucker and Teo, with Sunray moving up in support, continue to cover the surviving enemy near the road to the northeast of the PTSM. The faint, dusty tang of activated explosives and pulverized earth hangs in the air and settles on the tongue. Tuck and Teo continue to evesdrop. Teo shakes his head at Tuck, indicating that he can't hear well enough to make out what's being said. After the spotlight is forcibly shut off, the whispering stops. It's soon replaced by a low moaning, followed by some irritated shushing, and then silence again.
Next Moves?

Tucker leans next to Teo and whispers, ""Get ready to fire.  Once the grenade goes off, you open up with a couple of bursts. OK?"  Robert will kick off the attack with a fragmentation grenade thrown in the direction of the voices and will then begin to engage the area with burst frie from his M-16A2.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [30/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 12/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

This message was last edited by the player at 13:19, Tue 12 Apr 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2259 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 12 Apr 2011
at 23:25
Re: The PTSM

Falcon

With the rest of his team pulling area security, Jay climbs up the slab side of the PTSM and drops into its cargo bed. Forewarned, none of the Mirages in the treeline to the south open fire on the diminutive sillouette that rises ghostlike above the sloping back of the distant amphib. Two bodies lay sprawled out in the cargo bed, one partially pinned by the disabled spotlight. A couple of meter aft of the knocked-out spotlight, a long belt of rounds hangs from the receiver of a tripod-mounted [a tall AA mount] Dushka HMG. The reek of blood hangs over the cargo area. The back of the PTSM is secure. The cab, however, remains unchecked and uncleared.


Mirage

Tuck readies Teo to attack the suspected enemy position by fire. Due to distance or language, Tucker doesn't seem to hear Dawid's call for the enemy to surrender. He lobs his fragementation grenade towards the spot where he believes he last heard the whispering and preps his rifle to fire when it detonates. The grenade explodes with a satisfying bang and both Tucker and Teo fire a couple of bursts into the blast radius area. When silence returns- competing with the ringing of the duo's ears- there is no clear indication of the effectiveness of the blast. A couple of seconds later, Tucker catches a glimpse of movement. A second-and-a-half later, there is a faint thud nearby as something solid and heavy lands on the damp earth. Tucker's been around the block a few times since the war kicked off and he instantly recognizes the sound of a grenade landing a few meters away. He burries his head and awaits the explosion. A few more seconds pass and the expected detonation doesn't come. (Tucker -1 frag, -6 rounds; Teo -10 rounds)


Next Moves?
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 59 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 13 Apr 2011
at 07:09
Re: The PTSM
Jay dropped silently into the bed of the PTSM, instantly adopting a crouch position and bringing his weapon up ready. He scanned around in the gloom, eyes wide open to draw in every available drop of light. Keeping a firm hold of the pistol and fore grips, he quietly moved around the vehicle, checking it for personnel and potential hazards. Finding nothing to be wary of he checked the bodies; one lying awkwardly in a heap, the other a twisted mangle of human and spotlight, like some freakish mutant from a sci-fi movie. Both appeared very dead, but he prodded them with his boot to see if there was any kind of reaction.

Once satisfied that there was no threat from inside he called out, just loud enough for the Falcons outside to hear him. "Clear."

Keeping his hand on the pistol grip, he drew his flashlight from his webbing pouch and held it alongside his weapon with his left hand. He switched it on, making sure that the beam kept low. He quickly did a second check of the vehicle, looking for intel, or anything of interest.

As a blast was heard from outside (Tuck's grenade), he dropped to one knee again, just in case things kicked off again. Satisfied at this time that his colleagues had the situation under control he continued his search for intel.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
In bed of PTSM, checking bodies, then using flashlight to check for intel etc.
AIMS-74 - 30/27
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

Craig Sutherland
 player, 345 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 13 Apr 2011
at 10:54
Re: The PTSM

Craig watched the nameless shapes enter the rear of the PTSM through his NVG's. He kept his AK at his shoulder, but with the muzzle pointed down.

When the grenade goes off he again tries to spot the enemy and maybe radio through some directions for the Falcon team members.
Jan Cerny
 player, 1023 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 13 Apr 2011
at 12:00
Re: The PTSM
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Realising what Jan was saying, he added, "Mirage calling Falcon. I'm also hit but not bad, I'm still able to command. I think we have two dead total, maybe more. We'll let you know after we take a head count. I'm also going to ask the enemy to surrender now. That's all."

"Jan," he called out again to his 2ic, "Continue observing the tractor and the front sectors. Also, take a roll call, see if everyone's all right! Woj is dead."

Jan hadn’t realised that Dawid had been hit as well.  He was concerned for his friend, particularly as Dawid’s old comrade Woj had been killed as well, but was sure that if Dawid was still fighting then he didn’t need prompt medical attention.  Dawid would probably be offended if Jan tried to tend his wound at that point in time!

“I can see Piotr and Matias and they are ok,” Jan yelled in response, speaking in Polish, “but Lech is dead.”

He then switched to English.  “Craig.  Robert.  Sound off if you are still alive and moving!”

Before he heard any responses however he spotted movement on the cargo bed of the PTSM through his IR goggles, prompting him to confirm that it was a member of the Falcon team.  “Falcon.  Mirage-1,” he transmitted.  “I see one man on the back of the vehicle.  Confirm that he is one of yours please!”

He was fairly certain that it was a member of the Falcon team but he needed to make certain.  The figure hadn't tried to man the HMG though and that was the key thing that Jan was worried about at that point in time.  Worrying about whether the enemy had managed to transmit a warning over a radio would come later!


Jan
Mirage-1
Using a tree for cover
Continuing to observe the HMG through his IR Goggles and confirming that the figure he spotted was friendly
F88 Steyr AUG (25/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 7x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Frag Grenade x4
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2382 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 14 Apr 2011
at 11:37
Re: The PTSM
The firing hadn't stopped, and a grenade exploded. Damn, it was too bad about Lech and Woj. More Polish sons dying to free the motherland, more friends gone.

"Jan, clear the channel and stop transmitting. Assume it's them at the vehicle."

"Everyone, remember: firing to the left of the vehicle, only. Any other targets, check with me first."


He repeated that in Polish as well, using his NVGs to scan the battlefield in front of him.

"Robert, if you're with me, keep an eye to our rear."

He hoped the enemy would give up, but it was up to them if they wanted to keep fighting.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (75/100 + 228 spare rounds)
Woods SE of enemy position
Aiming to cover left of the PTSM.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:38, Thu 14 Apr 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1460 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 14 Apr 2011
at 12:30
Re: The PTSM
Bayer crouches next to the PTSM and waits. There is little than he can do at the moment, not willing to consolidate and move too many people around in the darkness while there are still hostile personel holding out. Everyone would just have to be patient until Tucker finished off the last of the Baron's men.

Whispering to Quyen over by the cab with Jay, he says, "I need you to check the DSHK and its ammo count. Then ready it in case Sergeant Tucker needs help."

Jan Cerny:
“Falcon.  Mirage-1,” he transmitted.  “I see one man on the back of the vehicle.  Confirm that he is one of yours please!”

Bayer toggles the transmit switch and quickly confirms, "Sunray, roger. All personel at vehicle are friendly. Over."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:39, Thu 14 Apr 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1025 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 14 Apr 2011
at 13:14
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer toggles the transmit switch and quickly confirms, "Sunray, roger. All personel at vehicle are friendly. Over."

"Understood.  Out," replied Jan in English.

For Piotr and Matias' benefit he then passed on the information in Polish.  "Falcon are at the vehicle."

He then focussed on the rest of the battle to the left of the vehicle from his viewpoint, scanning for any signs of movement and using his IR goggles.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 909 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 14 Apr 2011
at 17:42
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz held position keeping an eye on teh Medic and waiting or any further orders.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2383 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 14 Apr 2011
at 22:49
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #451):

Dawid nodded in satisfaction at how things were unfolding. After Jan cleared the channel he replied, "Mirage calling Falcon. We understand. Good job! Keep us advised on targets. Also, we've taken some casualties so let's reorganise when convenient. In the mean time we will hold position and continue watch primarily to the west."

He looked around, making sure people were in effective positions.

"Jan, good job! I trust you most, so you will watch the west.

"Everyone else, targets in front or right on my command, only. It's not over yet!"


He repeated the last part in Polish to make sure everyone was clear on their instructions.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:11, Fri 15 Apr 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1057 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 14 Apr 2011
at 23:28
Re: The PTSM
Cap'n Rae:
Mirage

Tuck readies Teo to attack the suspected enemy position by fire. Due to distance or language, Tucker doesn't seem to hear Dawid's call for the enemy to surrender. He lobs his fragementation grenade towards the spot where he believes he last heard the whispering and preps his rifle to fire when it detonates. The grenade explodes with a satisfying bang and both Tucker and Teo fire a couple of bursts into the blast radius area. When silence returns- competing with the ringing of the duo's ears- there is no clear indication of the effectiveness of the blast. A couple of seconds later, Tucker catches a glimpse of movement. A second-and-a-half later, there is a faint thud nearby as something solid and heavy lands on the damp earth. Tucker's been around the block a few times since the war kicked off and he instantly recognizes the sound of a grenade landing a few meters away. He burries his head and awaits the explosion. A few more seconds pass and the expected detonation doesn't come. (Tucker -1 frag, -6 rounds; Teo -10 rounds)


Next Moves?

Tucker lifts his head up slightly and looks for any targets to where he threw the grenade and last heard voices.  From the prone position, he tells Teo, "Tell 'em to surrender and we'll stop firing."   If there is return fire or they choose not to surrender, Tuck will continue to fire three-round bursts at them.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [24/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 12/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 268 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 15 Apr 2011
at 02:08
Re: The PTSM
Jeff continues to observe the area to the South West of the PTSM.  If he can't get a solid view of the area, he'll reposition.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2261 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 16 Apr 2011
at 00:43
Re: The PTSM

The battlefield is relatively quiet and still. The only movement visible is occuring around the PTSM. At this point, you've been led to believe that this movement is the Falcon assault group. The only sound is a muffled shouting coming from the road leading east, presumably eminating from either Tucker's team, the surviving enemy road watchers, or both.

Teo shouts Tucker's belated demand for surrender. Half-a-minute passes before a reply is shouted in return. Teo turns to Tucker and translates. "He say they not stupid. We say lie once and shoot. He think we kill them if surrender. Says 'fuck you'." He must be talking about Dawid's earlier plea for surrender- the one Tucker followed up with a hand grenade and bursts of rifle fire.

Jay, prior to leaving the cargo bed of the large tracked vehicle, hears what sounds like whispering coming from the crew cab. Signalling to the those still on the ground the potential danger of the developing situation, Jay stealthily creeps closer to the open rear access hatches (windows; doors?) and strains to see inside. It's dark in the mostly-enclosed cab but he thinks he can make out a motionless human form where the driver's seat must be. Then he catches a glimpse of movement near what he surmises is a body. Before he can react, a loud whistling sound tears through the night sky above him, culminating in an bowel- shaking flash and boom about 50m to the south of the PTSM. The blast's shockwave knocks Jay down hard. He slams his head against the inside wall of the cargo bed hard enough to see fireflies swarming in front of his face but he remains conscious.

Anyone who's been under artillery fire- and that's all of you at this point in WWIII- has a pretty good idea that you are under fire from a large-caliber tubed artillery piece. Considering the loud whistling sound preceding the impact, it's probably not a mortar doing the shooting. The explosion was an airburst as well. All of you can feel the effects of the concussion wave and/or overpressure from the blast but, mercifully, none of you has been hit by any shrapnel that it's produced. Warren is farthest away from the impact area. For the other Falcons (excluding Tucker & Teo), the PTSM offers some cover from the worst of it. The Mirages are in the most danger but are fortunately spared lasting harm.


Next Moves? 
Robert Flemming
 player, 24 posts
 American
 CIA
Sat 16 Apr 2011
at 08:40
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #457):

Rob was crawling to Woj who was critical injured at his arm. He pulled him out of the line of fire and tried to help by bandaging his arm. He laid him in a small hole behind a big tree so that he could stay in cover. In addition to that Rob put the bloody rest of Woj's sleeve on the tree to find this place again.
Then Rob crawled back to Dawid.
"Woj's critical hit. His arm looks very bad.He needs a medic very bad."

Rob staid close to Dawid and securing the rear.

OOC: I am back in business...
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2384 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 16 Apr 2011
at 11:05
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Robert Flemming (msg #458):

"Thanks, Robert!" He said to his friend in Polish, "hang on, Woj."

"Mirage calling..." Some instinct caused Dawid to pause, and he recognised the unmistakable sound of incoming artillery fire. "Shit, down! Na dół! Na dół!"

He abandoned his attempt to call for medical assistance, instead seeking some kind of elusive safety from the fragmentation round. With no better option he dropped flat and attempted to burrow into the earth in the instant before detonation.

"God protect us!"

The shock of the airburst slammed into the body armour covering his back and shoulders, twigs and leaves whipped into his arms and helmet, which were protecting his head. As they say, you don't hear the shell if it's coming directly for you so he thanked God he could hear this round as it came in.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:34, Sun 17 Apr 2011.

Monika Sawicki
 player, 121 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 16 Apr 2011
at 11:57
Re: The PTSM
     Monika called out in English, "Anysbody hurt?"  Before anyone could answer, though, she heard the all too recognizable whistle of incoming death.  The medic dropped beside the body that she had just checked for vitals to utilize him for what minimal protection he could offer.  She whispered softly as the world shook around her, "I am sorry to use you like this.  You are dead.  I do not wish to be."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 910 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 16 Apr 2011
at 12:32
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz crouched down to shelter from the blast, he looked at Bayer and yelled, "Kaptain, I'll put a couple of frags in the engine to disable it, we need to run before they zero in on us!"
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 39 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sat 16 Apr 2011
at 17:05
Re: The PTSM
Still lying in his position all of his senses focused in an effort to spot any enemy, Piotr heard the ominous whistle and immediately realized it's origin.

Pushing his head and body even closer into the ground in a desperate effort to merge with it and offer as little a target as possible for either fragments or blast... he waits.

Moments later when the concussion wave dissipates he looks up again scanning the area in front of him for effects of the airburst.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 269 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 16 Apr 2011
at 18:50
Re: The PTSM
The blast from the shell coincided perfectly with where Jeff had been aiming.  His firs thought before the concussion reached him was Guess there's no more targets there.  The concussion was mildly unpleasant, but he knew for everyone else it would be much worse.

The way he figured, someone either got the radio call out as soon as it started, or they were either still in the cab hidden or in the woodline somewhere.  With friendlies all over the truck, Jeff instead choose to scan the woodline on his side for the FO.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 346 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 17 Apr 2011
at 05:24
Re: The PTSM

Propped against the tree he was using for cover Craig was spared the deadly shrapnel that rained over their position.

The roll of the concussion did not spare him he felt his chest contracted against his already bruised mussels. He did manage to fall to the ground and stay down.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 61 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sun 17 Apr 2011
at 09:59
Re: The PTSM
Before Jay could fully investigate the voices coming from the cab, a large explosion rocked the vehicle, sending him flying off his feet and smashing into the floor of the truck. He bashed his head, which swam around for a few moments as he fought off the desired to lose consciousness. He shook his head and tried to re-focus. That was no grenade or mortar, that was artillery, and was certain to be followed up by more shells.

He jumped back to his feet, and dashed back to the inner hatch. He quickly yanked it open a few inches and stuck the barrel of his assault rifle throught the gap. He jammed down hard on the trigger, indiscriminately spraying a volley of lead around the cab until his mag was spent. Hopefully that would silence whoever was left in there.

Once done he quickly ducked back over the wall of the PTSM, dropping quickly to his feet and running at full sprint away from the vehicle, hopefully following the others who have decided to follow suit, otherwise he will head back towards where they had approached from, aiming for the ditch where he had earlier tired to decapitate the sentry. Once there he will dive for cover, before quickly replacing the spent mag with a fresh one.
Minh Quyen
 player, 561 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sun 17 Apr 2011
at 15:48
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Whispering to Quyen over by the cab with Jay, he says, "I need you to check the DSHK and its ammo count. Then ready it in case Sergeant Tucker needs help."


Quyen flashes a thumbs up in the dim moonlight and scurries around to the rear of the vehicle. As she's climbing up to inspect the DSHK, the nearby explosion sends her half diving / half falling into the bed. "Đi tiêu..." she says, nearly landing on the body of the former gunner.

Quyen will then scramble over to the heavy weaponry and quickly inspect the loaded ammunition box and any other boxes lying nearby for their amounts. Once that is done, she'll lower herself back below the top of the cargo bed's wall and call out how much ammo the gun has to the Hauptmann.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1059 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 17 Apr 2011
at 21:28
Re: The PTSM
Cap'n Rae:
The battlefield is relatively quiet and still. The only movement visible is occuring around the PTSM. At this point, you've been led to believe that this movement is the Falcon assault group. The only sound is a muffled shouting coming from the road leading east, presumably eminating from either Tucker's team, the surviving enemy road watchers, or both.

Teo shouts Tucker's belated demand for surrender. Half-a-minute passes before a reply is shouted in return. Teo turns to Tucker and translates. "He say they not stupid. We say lie once and shoot. He think we kill them if surrender. Says 'fuck you'." He must be talking about Dawid's earlier plea for surrender- the one Tucker followed up with a hand grenade and bursts of rifle fire.
Next Moves?

Robert shoulders his M-16A2 and begins to engage again with burst fire towards the group who doesn't want to surrender.  "Fuck 'em then!  Take 'em out," Tucker calls to Teo hoping he begins to return fire with them.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [24/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 12/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

This message was last edited by the player at 21:29, Sun 17 Apr 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2262 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 00:38
Re: The PTSM

Tucker & Teo

Despite the incoming artillery fire, Tucker stays focussed on the hidden enemy group near the road. He fires another couple of three-round bursts towards where he thinks they are hunkered down. If he stays prone, his shooting results in de facto grazing fire. If he rises up on his knees to get a better angle, he presents a bigger target for return fire. Teo, although in the same boat, follows suit with a long burst of his own. Both pause for a second to assess the results of their fire. Before they can act again, something explodes about 10m from Teo (he's on Tucker's left). Tucker's rattled a bit by the concussion, but untouched by shrapnel. Teo, on the other hand, is coughing strangely and in obvious duress. It looks like the second grenade tossed by the nearby enemy has drawn blood. (Tucker -6 rounds, Teo -10 rounds; Teo WIA)


The Falcons

Jay recovers enough to open the rear hatch of the PTSM's cab (it's unlocked), jam the barrel of his AIM-74 through the resulting crack, and empties the remainder of his magazine into the crew compartment. He can hear the last few of his 22-28 bullets ricochetting around inside as the rifle runs dry. Minh, meanwhile, searches around the floor of the cargo bed for HMG ammo. In addition to the 20-round belt hanging from the weapon, there's two more boxes of the big, belted 12.7mm bullets (somewhere between 80-100 rounds). It's a fantastic haul.

About 5 seconds after the echoes of the first airburst faded away, a second airburst blossoms about 40m south of the first. Those in and around the PTSM are buffetted slightly by the concussion. A couple of shell fragments clang against the PTSM's starboard side but none of the Falcons are hit. You are a tad bit shaken, but unperforated.


Warren

Warren, still searching for targets, is in the safest spot on the battlefield. He feels the bass thump of the explosion in his ears and chest, but that's all.


The Mirages

You are much closer to the blast area. Various-sized chunks of hot, jagged shrapnel razor through the tree cover, showering you with bits of plant parts. You feel like you were just inside a giant bass drum beaten by a bodybuilder.

[This Occurs Just Prior to the Second Blast] Fleming's valiant attempt to render aid to the greviously wounded Woj is in vain. Woj's pulse, which was faint as Flemming began to bandage the bloody stump, is gone when he checks again. There's likely nothing he could have done to save the badly mutilated man. Even a highly trained expert in treating severe battlefield trauma would have had a very hard time taking care of such a wound with the available materials, in the dark, and under fire.


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...57,0.024719&z=16


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:06, Tue 19 Apr 2011.

Robert Flemming
 player, 25 posts
 American
 CIA
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 05:38
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #468):

Rob had just deliverd Woj's status to Dawid when he heard the unique sound of incoming artillery fire. He looked around searching for something to cover. A small ditch nearby looked perfect and Rob made a huge jump to dug and cover.

Rob started to count the rounds to get some information about the possible number of guns.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 347 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 07:48
Re: The PTSM

Trying to barrow under the log he was using for cover was the only option left to Craig. He lay on his front with his hands and arms under his body and his left side against the log.

He was hoping the Barron would not want to waste all his ammunition.
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 53 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 16:06
Re: The PTSM
Matias had tried to press himself into the ground so hard that it had hurt. He was no stranger to the sound of incoming shells; in fact, it was the worst sound that he knew of.

When the second shell burst, he yelled out in Polish "They're getting closer!" He tried to curl up as much as he could to protect himself from any further shells.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2392 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 20 Apr 2011
at 05:20
Re: The PTSM
It was thankfully only one weapon, but it was still a big boy, likely the other D-30 they'd head about.

He looked for any improved cover from his present position as he had a few seconds to locate one, move there, then drop flat. He also tried to count off how long the third shot took to arrive. That would tell him probably how good the crew were.

"Everyone, find some cover!"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:20, Wed 20 Apr 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 911 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 20 Apr 2011
at 08:50
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz kept close to the side of the vehicle. It would shelter him from some of the shrapnel and if there was a direct hit then at least it would be quick. He looked at Bayer and waited for the officer to map out the next course of action.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1462 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 20 Apr 2011
at 19:46
Re: The PTSM
Rising up from the sheltered side of the PTSM, Bayer makes his way around to the front of the vehicle when he hears gunfire from Jay. "Secure?" he asks. Then, "Get those bodies out of there and see if you can get it started. Quickly, quickly."

Then toggling his radio, he says, "Mirage. Sunray. Get moving! RV with us south of your position. Ve'll pick you up in the transport. Out." Then, "Tucker! Warren! I need everyone up here now!"

Turning to Quyen, he adds, "Man the gun and support Sergeant Tucker."

OOC - Please ignore Bayer's previous instructions to...
- grenade the engine
- dismantle the DSHK
- run away


My orginal post below (if Rae doesn't allow the edit)

Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz crouched down to shelter from the blast, he looked at Bayer and yelled, "Kaptain, I'll put a couple of frags in the engine to disable it, we need to run before they zero in on us!"


"Do it." Bayer says, rising from the side of the PTSM. And over his shoulder he adds, "Quyen! Disassemble the DSHK... quickly."

Toggling the radio Bayer cancels the consolidation and capture of the vehicle in favor of wasting any more lives, "Mirage. Sunray. Start moving out. RV with us at the next Stop Line when you can. Over."

Bayer then shouts, "Falcon... we're moving. Now! RV in the treeline West of here. Move!"

This message was last edited by the player at 11:56, Thu 21 Apr 2011.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 40 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Wed 20 Apr 2011
at 20:49
Re: The PTSM
Piotr didn't need any urging after the second round exploded even closer than the first. Scanning the area around him feverishly hoping to find even better cover.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 912 posts
Wed 20 Apr 2011
at 21:06
Re: The PTSM

This message was deleted by the player at 12:06, Thu 21 Apr 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 55 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Thu 21 Apr 2011
at 04:06
Re: The PTSM
Matias heard the radio going and knew that they were being ordered to retreat. There was nothing else to do against artillery.

But he rolled to his side to face Dawid and yelled over "What do we do about Woj & Lech?" He spoke in Polish, being far to amped up to mentally translate to English.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 66 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Thu 21 Apr 2011
at 07:22
Re: The PTSM
EDITED FURTHER TO KONRAD'S EDITED POST:

Jay gave the Kapitan a big thumbs up to show that the threat from the cab had been neutralised. At being given the order to get the vehicle started he looked over at Minh. "Hey, you drive? Me no drive!"

Assuming she takes over getting into the cab he will take over her duty, and prep the HMG. He was no expert on big guns either, but more comfortable with them than with motor vehicles. He quickly prepped the HMG as best he could, and aimed in the general direction of the targets that Tucker was fighting. Once ready he planned to fire short bursts at them, mainly with the aim of distracting them rather than actually doing any real damage. He would try to maintain some level of accuracy with the unfamiliar weapon.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Swapping duties with Minh and taking over on the HMG, providing cover for Tucker
AIMS-74 - 30/30
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

This message was last edited by the player at 12:04, Thu 21 Apr 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2395 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 21 Apr 2011
at 08:09
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #474):

"Mirage calling Falcon: I hear you!"

He switched to Polish to answer Matias, "Later! It's not safe to run while being shelled, trust me!"

Then back to English, "Everyone, I suggest waiting right now!"

Thoughts flashed through his mind. According to what he knew, the lethal radius for a 122mm to 152mm shell typically fused for quick impact was 50m, and an airburst would double that or more. They were already taking fragments at their current position and the shells were getting closer at roughly 10-second intervals. If the Baron's men were using the incredibly rare AR-5 type radio-fused shells (how he got his mitts on them, God only knew!) then the gun crew was perhaps quite technically skilled, or at least had someone that could figure out the radar fuses.

In his opinion it really wasn't safe to move but if others felt they could outrun the shrapnel they were welcome to try! Besides, the Kapitan's orders were to move when they could, not that they should immediately.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:46, Thu 21 Apr 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1060 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 21 Apr 2011
at 08:29
Re: The PTSM
Cap'n Rae:
Tucker & Teo

Despite the incoming artillery fire, Tucker stays focussed on the hidden enemy group near the road. He fires another couple of three-round bursts towards where he thinks they are hunkered down. If he stays prone, his shooting results in de facto grazing fire. If he rises up on his knees to get a better angle, he presents a bigger target for return fire. Teo, although in the same boat, follows suit with a long burst of his own. Both pause for a second to assess the results of their fire. Before they can act again, something explodes about 10m from Teo (he's on Tucker's left). Tucker's rattled a bit by the concussion, but untouched by shrapnel. Teo, on the other hand, is coughing strangely and in obvious duress. It looks like the second grenade tossed by the nearby enemy has drawn blood. (Tucker -6 rounds, Teo -10 rounds; Teo WIA)
Next Moves?

Tucker looks over to Teo when/if he hears Teo coughing or in obvious duress from a possible wound.  He shuffles over next to him while remaining prone, and tries to ask him, "Teo!  Teo?  Are you hit?  What's wrong?"  Robert will also try to keep some kind of view towards the threats down range.  If he gets a good view of a target, Tuck will continue to return fire with burst-fire.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [18/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 12/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

This message was last edited by the player at 08:30, Thu 21 Apr 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 914 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 21 Apr 2011
at 12:07
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz remained crouching by teh big vehicle and waited to see if it could be started.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2266 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 22 Apr 2011
at 01:13
Re: The PTSM

Assuming that the next incoming shell will continue the current trend and explode to the south of the previous one, Jay, confident the crew in the cab of the PTSM have been neutralized, attempts to get the HMG up in support of Sgt. Tucker. Minh clambers past him and pulls the cab door open far enough to crawl inside. The interior reeks of blood, cordite smoke, and shit. There are two rather chewed up bodies sprawled across the seats and floor and the dashboard has been smashed up by bullet strikes. Being unfamiliar with the vehicle, she has a bit of trouble finding the ignition in the dark, cramped interior. Operating on blind luck, she somehow gets the engine to rumble to life. A plume of noxious, blue-grey smoke bursts from the sputtering exhaust as the big engine turns over.

You all wait for the next shell to burst. The Mirages, in particular, count down to what seems like the inevitable direct hit. Five seconds pass, then ten, then ten more, and still there's no third explosion.

Ignoring the fading danger, Jay swings the long barrel of the DshKa HMG towards where he thinks Tucker and Teo might be but, in the dark, without even a muzzle flash to hone in on, he doesn't have a target that he can positively ID. The circumstances are ripe for a "friendly fire" incident.

Tucker, meanwhile, stops shooting at where he thinks the enemy are dug in to check on his Polish wingman. Teo's having a hard time speaking, or even breathing for that matter. In the dark, there's not much Tucker can do to assess the wound or Teo's overall condition. Between gasps, the Pole coughs out, "I'm... hit... bad." Tucker catches a glimpse of movement to his left and about two meters above his head- a second grenade, arcing down towards Teo. It's impossible to accurately judge where it will land so Tucker throws his left arm over Teo's neck and head and burries his own under his right. The grenade explodes with a sharp CRUMP, several meters to their left. Aside from the continuous ringing in their ears, and the thump of the concussion, neither man is hurt further.

Warren, watching the area around Tucker's current position through the optic of his rifle, sees movement. Two figures rise up out of the ground and start running east up the road. One of them quickly lags behind. Jay, on the DshKa, also notices the movement. The cab of the PTSM is blocking his direct LOS down the road so he's unable to bring the gun on target. If the unidentified runners continue east on the road, he'll eventually get a shot at them (at long range).


OOC: Keep in mind that, IG, it's neary pitch dark at the moment. Please specify in your IC posts, or at least your combat tag, if/when your PC is using NODs. Same goes for any kind of visible illumination. Otherwise, please assume that you are squinting alot and using your other senses to try to get an idea of what's going on around you. I'm doing my best to walk a fine line between describing things too well (tempting possible metagaming) and accurately conveying the confusing, disconcerting, almost surreal experience of fighting outdoors on a moonless night. Please inform your imagination to operate accordingly. ; )


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:28, Fri 22 Apr 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 915 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 22 Apr 2011
at 08:23
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz scrambled onto the cargo deck of the PTS-M and made his way to the driver's cab, "Minh," he said, "do you have night vision gear so you can drive? If not, take mine."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2399 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Fri 22 Apr 2011
at 10:51
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #482):

Ears still ringing from the thunder of falling shells, Dawid slowly looked up. He switched back and forth between Polish and English.

"Black Madonna preserve us... we're alive! I think they decided to save their shells! Kiss my ass, you amateurs! I'm going to take that gun away from you and then you'll see how a real artillerist takes care of matters!"

"Okay everyone, count off and then let's get moving south. Jan, count off everyone, let me know if we have any wounded. Have someone carry Lech and Woj's bodies, salvage their weapons. Woj should have an AKSU and a few magazines, get them for me, please. I'll contact the Kaptain."

"Matias, We'll take Woj and Lech's bodies with us. We will bury them soon, but not here."


He transmitted, "Mirage calling Falcon... we are moving out as soon as possible." It wasn't really good radio procedure to transmit before you knew the other party was listening, but Dawid wasn't too experienced with a radio, and he figured Konrad was likely listening, anyways.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 273 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 04:36
Re: The PTSM
If one of the friendlies was dumb enough to be sprinting to the East in Warren's kill zone, it was about to be too bad for them, and they'd share the German Sniper's fate.  If not, they were with the Baron, and just as dead.

Focusing on the shadow, Jeff places a slight lead on the running target and fires.  The trail would be next if he could reacquire or the bastard wasn't dumb enough to stop when he sees his buddy drop. 


Warren
Engaging runners, hoping it's not Tucker.
SVU-AS [7/10]

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 70 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 06:38
Re: The PTSM
As Minh took over the attempt to get the vehicle started, Jay tried to prep the unfamiliar HMG. It was a big, bulky affair, not the small but deadly type of weapon he preferred. As he fiddled, checking it was loaded and cocked, he noticed movement ahead. He swung the barrel round, but couldn't get a useful line of sight, so he moved it to a position where he might be able to engage in a few moments.

In the gloom he couldn't make out who it was. Was it the enemy trying to escape, or Tuckerji dashing across the open like a crazy man? Reluctant to open up on an unidentified target, he shouted out. "Target running east, at my 12 o'clock!"

OOC - I have made the assumption that the vehicle is facing up the road (NNE) so the moving targets are effectively directly in front of him. Rae - please feel free to edit this post accordingly if the vehicle is in a different position.

Suddenly he remembered the spotlight. Was it still working? He grabbed at it, seeing if it was broken, or simply switched off. If he could switch it on he would swing the light towards the runners. If they turned out to be friendly he would immediately swing the beam away from them, but if they were hostiles he would train the beam on them, keeping them lit, so his colleagues could deal with them. If the light didn't work he would get back on the HMG, trying to identify the target. If he is certain it is the enemy he will fire short bursts one he has LOS.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Prepping HMG, calling out location of targets, trying spotlight to see if it works
AIMS-74 - 30/30
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

Jan Cerny
 player, 1026 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 12:59
Re: The PTSM
Jan pulled himself out of the hole behind a tree he had buried himself in when the artillery rounds started falling.  He had expected a much larger barrage and was quite relieved that it was only a few rounds.

He followed David’s instructions, gathering up the two dead, their equipment and anything of value that could be gathered from the dead enemy combatants.

“Dawid,” he called back to his patrol commander speaking Polish.  “I think that you are the only one hit and still breathing.  How bad is it?  Anyone else who is wounded, sound off.” He then repeated his call for any wounded in English, just to make sure that Craig and Rob understood.
Monika Sawicki
 player, 123 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 15:31
Re: The PTSM
     Monika's ears were still ringing from the artillery shelling.  She checked herself to insure that she wasn't injured.  Monika then called out in English, "This Monika.  Anysbody hurt?"
Matias Adamczyk
 player, 56 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 15:53
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #487):

As soon as Matias saw that Jan was up and moving around, he rose and moved to help. He had to sniff a few times to clear his eyes when he first saw the bodies, but he knew that they had no time to mourn now.

He helped Jan gather up the two men's kit, then he pulled Woj's body up onto his back. With Woj's arms draped over his shoulders, he was able to approximate a 'fireman's carry'. "I can take Woj if someone else gets Lech," he said softly. He just hoped that the others would be able to make it, since they had all suffered small wounds within the last handful of days.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 41 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 17:42
Re: The PTSM
When the next artillery shell doesn't come (yet), Piotr doesn't wait long before raising from his cover, gathering up his gear.

Hearing Jan call out to the group he responds in English. “Piotr, non scraches.” while using the sound of his and Matias's voice to navigate towards their position. When he comes to Matias he helpes him to lift Woj on his back “I will carry our friend” he sais in response to the young man's question.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:42, Sat 23 Apr 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 351 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 20:46
Re: The PTSM

Spitting out dirt, leaf litter and god know what else Craig rises and begins a fast crawl along their shattered line to Dawids position. His chest was still aching from the pressure waves of the artillery barrage so he took short shallow breaths, he sounded like he was panting.

He gave a quick glance in the direction of the PTMS when it started up, but kept on moving. If he comes across any of his dead comrades he strips off weapons and ammunition but leaves the bodies.
Monika Sawicki
 player, 124 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 20:57
Re: The PTSM
      Monika did not hear any response from the others about someone being wounded.  Monika said a silent prayer hoping that the reason there were no wounded crying out was because everyone was all right, and not because the wounded were beyond any hope or need of assistance.  Monika began to search the bodies of those around her for weapons, ammunition, and anything else of value.
Minh Quyen
 player, 562 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 21:19
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz Tokarski:
Mariusz scrambled onto the cargo deck of the PTS-M and made his way to the driver's cab, "Minh," he said, "do you have night vision gear so you can drive? If not, take mine."


"I need more than night vision." Quyen mutters against the spurting engine. "I don't even know how I just started this."

She then turns in her seat and holds out her hand to accept the goggles, from Mariusz "I am usually too hard core for technological crutches... but just this once is ok."

Quyen will then take a moment to run her hands over the controls and to give minor tests to determine the basics of how to drive this thing. As she adjusts the focus on the night vision goggles, she yells out the window to her teammates "READY!"

Took Mariusz's night vision goggles

This message was last edited by the player at 21:20, Sat 23 Apr 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1467 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 06:19
Re: The PTSM
Mrityunjay Byanjankar:
Reluctant to open up on an unidentified target, he shouted out. "Target running east, at my 12 o'clock!"

"No friendlies are on the move in that area." Bayer answers. "Engage with controlled fire."

Then hearing the PTSM's engine start up and Quyen's subsequent announcement, Bayer shouts, "Mount up! Everyone mount up! Now!"

Bayer then climbs aboard and does a quick head count to ensure the group with him are all accounted for. He then toggles his radio and says, "All Faclon call signs, Sunray. Cancel my last and hold your positions. We're bringing the transport around and will pick you all up. Be ready to move. Over."

Then reaching into the cab, he pats Quyen on the back of the shoulder and says, "Ok, bring us forward and back the way we came. Watch out for men in the grass... don't run over Sergeant Tucker."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:32, Sun 24 Apr 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 72 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 06:30
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #494):

Hearing the Kapitan's orders, Jay went back to the HMG. Picking up the targets again he fired short, controlled bursts at the runners, trying to either take them out or at least slow their movement.

As he did so he called to his colleagues, "Get light, get light!" Hopefully Mariusz or the Kapitan would try the spotlight and train it on his targets (if it still worked), lighting them up like a bunny in the headlights.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2401 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 08:04
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #487):

Dawid transmitted, "ah, Falcon, yes, we will stay here."

"Okay Jan, just a second."

He checked out his leg using his flashlight. It didn't seem too bad, he could walk on it.

"I think it's all right. I've got two after all. Just... make sure you have my friend. We're staying here, just so everyone knows."

He sighed, thinking of Woj.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 916 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 10:02
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz squeezed the top of Minh's shoulder, "You'll do fine, I'll clear the dead from your cabin."

He started to move any bodies from the cabin to the huge deck of the vehicle. He intended to clear the working area before stripping any bodies of useful gear. After that he decided he'd find where the engine was, just in case.
Jan Cerny
 player, 1030 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 10:14
Re: The PTSM
"OK," Jan replied to Dawid in Polish.  "I am fine.  Matias and Piotr, we are staying here so put to two departed together and make sure that you gather their weapons as well.  We will put them on the back of the vehicle shortly.  I will keep watch."

He then continued scanning around with his IR Goggles, ensuring that he covered a full 360 degree arc.  It wasn't an ideal way to keep a look out but there was a danger of someone else escaping in a different direction.

Hearing the HMG open up Jan ignored the arc that whomever was now on the HMG was engaging.
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2267 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 23:48
Re: The PTSM

Jeff Warren lines up the silhouette of the lead runner- the faster one- in his PSO optic and squeezes the trigger. The rifle barks its slightly muffled retort and kicks against his shoulder. Upon reacquiring the fleeting shape, Jeff knows immediately that he's missed his mark. He repeats the process a second time with the same disappointing result. The third time is the charm- or so it appears- as the man in his sights spins around and drops into the jagged inky line that marks the ground. (Warren -3 rounds)

Jay, meanwhile, is manhandling the AA tripod-mounted DshKa to bear on the fleeing enemy. He has to stand on top of an ammo crate to do so. He's firing directly over the forward crew cab. The rather pronounced muzzle flash scorches the paint on its roof. A trio of thumb-sized tracers streak into the darkness at evenly -spaced intervals. Jay can't really see if they hit anything due to the bright corona that surrounds the muzzle of the weapon with neary every discharge. Jeff, however, watches as one of the tracers passes into the lower back of trailing runner and , a fraction of a second later, spins wildy out of his chest cavity and into the darkness beyond. The runner topples over and disappears into the knee-high ground cover. Jay, trying to blink away the afterimage of the muzzle blast, releases the HMG's triggers after sending about ten rounds downrange. (Jay -10 12.7mm rounds [I'll keep track of this weapon])

The rest of the Falcons climb aboard the PTSM as Minh, using the NVGs Mariusz just loaned her, tries to figure out how to drive the big tracked amphib. She's well aware that getting it started was pretty much pure luck. After setting aside the man's weapon (an AK-74 without a stock), Mariusz shoves the mangled driver out of the open passenger door. He does the same with the passenger. Minh's having no further luck getting the PTSM to move. She's never driven a tracked vehicle before and it's quite a bit different from the HUMVEEs she's used to. The borrowed NVGs help, but they play havoc on her depth perception and the faded Cyrillic labelling the various switches and dials don't make things any easier. She finally has to give in and ask for help, shouting, "Does anybody know how to drive this damn thing?"

The Mirages, after hugging the ground for a few seconds more than the Falcons, cautiously begin to consolidate, keeping low while placing the bodies of their two KIA Polish comrades together and sharing out their gear (Woj's AKSU & Lech's Tantal). The Mirages remain just within the treeline, waiting for the captured PTSM to make its way to them.

Over two minutes have elapsed since the last shell burst just 50m from the southern treeline. Although it's hard to completely discount the possibility that the enemy artillery is now done with you, it's looking more likely with each passing minute.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:11, Mon 25 Apr 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1062 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 23:53
Re: The PTSM
Cap'n Rae:
Tucker, meanwhile, stops shooting at where he thinks the enemy are dug in to check on his Polish wingman. Teo's having a hard time speaking, or even breathing for that matter. In the dark, there's not much Tucker can do to assess the wound or Teo's overall condition. Between gasps, the Pole coughs out, "I'm... hit... bad." Tucker catches a glimpse of movement to his left and about two meters above his head- a second grenade, arcing down towards Teo. It's impossible to accurately judge where it will land so Tucker throws his left arm over Teo's neck and head and burries his own under his right. The grenade explodes with a sharp CRUMP, several meters to their left. Aside from the continuous ringing in their ears, and the thump of the concussion, neither man is hurt further.

Next Moves?

"Boss, Tucker.  I got a man down and no fuckin' medic because she fuckin' left on her own.  Still taking fire how copy over?"  Tucker looks back over to Teo after calling on his radio to Bayer.  "Hang in there dude!  Helps on the way.  I'm not going anywhere, you just hang the fuck in there!"  If Robert can't dfo anything for Teo, he will try to provide some cover fire while waiting for help.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [18/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON}
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM Pistol [12/12] (Holstered) {[2] Full 12 round / [1] 12/12 Round mag [Loaded]}

This message was last edited by the player at 23:54, Sun 24 Apr 2011.

Robert Flemming
 player, 26 posts
 American
 CIA
Mon 25 Apr 2011
at 07:45
Re: The PTSM
Cap'n Rae:
The Mirages, after hugging the ground for a few seconds more than the Falcons, cautiously begin to consolidate, keeping low while placing the bodies of their two KIA Polish comrades together and sharing out their gear (Woj's AKSU & Lech's Tantal). The Mirages remain just within the treeline, waiting for the captured PTSM to make its way to them.

Over two minutes have elapsed since the last shell burst just 50m from the southern treeline. Although it's hard to completely discount the possibility that the enemy artillery is now done with you, it's looking more likely with each passing minute.

Next Moves?


Rob was listening carefully after the last shell explode. Nothing happend. He was happy to be still alive and moved slowly back to Dawid who called the team.
"I'm fine."

When he heard about the KIA Rob felt sad to loose two comrades.
"Damn. Waht a blood shed for this."

"I am sorry to say, but I don't think that we have the capacity to carry our deads with us. Our orders are to be scouts for the main force following us.
I suggest to place them nearby and radio the position to the 10th."


Rob Flemming
Callsign Mirage 7
in a foxhole near Dawid
PM Makarov (silenced) 8/8 + 3 mags
AKS-74U (folding stock & short barrel - SMG) 30/30 6 mags

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2404 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 25 Apr 2011
at 08:01
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #499):

Seriously, it was great to apparently be out from under the fist of God. Dawid's relief at surviving (for the moment) was tempered by the sorrow at losing his friend. Nothing to do but wait for pickup.

"Everyone, keep watching your sectors. Jan, good job, keep covering west and southwest (to our left). Robert, keep watch to the south and southeast (behind us). Sutherland... see what the fuck they're shooting at off to our right, eh?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:39, Mon 25 Apr 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1031 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 25 Apr 2011
at 19:46
Re: The PTSM
Jan kept a watch out and waited for their ride to arrive.

"Dawid," he called across to his patrol commander, speaking English.  "Can you pick out the bodies of any of the enemy we killed so that we can loot them?"
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 74 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 07:33
Re: The PTSM
As he released the trigger on the unfamiliar HMG, Jay tried to regain his night vision. The flashes from the heavy weapon had messed up his sight and he couldn't tell if he had hit anything or not. He continued to scan the target area, and widened the search to cover either side. In the deep gloom, nothing appear to move. He strained with his hears, listening for any sounds - movement, the cries of a wounded man, gunfire, anything.

Calling out to the other Falcons, he shouted, "I got no target, I think they down, not sure."

Nobody had yet bothered with the spotlight, so he went back to it to see if he could get it working again. If he can he will scan the target area again, looking for any signs of activity.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Callsign - Falcon 3
Scanning for targets using HMG, then trying searchlight
AIMS-74 - 30/30
Makarov PM - 8/8
Kukri knife
Grenades - 10x Frag, 1x RKG-3 AT
RPG-7D + 2x RPG-7 HEAT rocket

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2405 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 08:25
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #503):

Dawid thought about it. It was as good an idea as anything, as he was pretty much the only person not specifically doing anything or covering a sector. If something came up he would be notified, and deal with it then.

"That's a good idea! Did anyone shoot someone within 50m? Or am I looking at those guys in front of us?"

Flipping down his NVGs, he looked around for any enemy bodies to scavenge.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 353 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 08:53
Re: The PTSM
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"That's a good idea! Did anyone shoot someone within 50m? Or am I looking at those guys in front of us?"


As Craig arrives at Dawids position he waits while covering to his left away from the battlefield.

"No I think its the guys in front, here I'll come down with you and give ya some cover."

He then follows Dawid down with his rifle at his shoulder ready to engage any threats.
Jan Cerny
 player, 1032 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 09:22
Re: The PTSM
As Dawid and Craig set off to look for the men who they had shot Jan called after them.

"I think that there were two of them but I am not certain!"
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1469 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 11:47
Re: The PTSM
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
"Boss, Tucker.  I got a man down and no fuckin' medic because she fuckin' left on her own.  Still taking fire how copy over?"


Bayer taps the radio transmit and quickly replies, "Roger. Hold tight and keep everyone from moving around. Stand by... we're trying to get mobile. Out."

He then moves up towards the front of the carrier and says, "Keep trying Quyen! Don't give up yet. Another try." At the front now, near Jay, Bayer says to the man, "Shoot anything moving. Sergeant Tucker is over there and holding his position." He then checks the spotlight for damage and tries to turn it on.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:47, Tue 26 Apr 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 75 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 12:29
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #508):

Jay keeps the HMG ready, looking for targets, and leaves the spotlight to the Kapitan.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 275 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 13:19
Re: The PTSM
Warren's voice crackles over the platoon net  "Falcon-2 here, two runners down in front of the tractor.  No more movement visible, besides what I think are friendlies."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1470 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 13:50
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jeff D. Warren (msg #510):

As he tries to get the spotlight working, Bayer passes on Jeff's target indication to Jay.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1063 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 26 Apr 2011
at 20:16
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker:
"Boss, Tucker.  I got a man down and no fuckin' medic because she fuckin' left on her own.  Still taking fire how copy over?"


Bayer taps the radio transmit and quickly replies, "Roger. Hold tight and keep everyone from moving around. Stand by... we're trying to get mobile. Out."

"Roger that.  We're proned out waiting on relief.  Out," Tucker returns the call and waits for help trying to keep Teo calm and stable.
Robert Flemming
 player, 27 posts
 American
 CIA
Thu 28 Apr 2011
at 05:33
Re: The PTSM
Rob was securing the area as told.

"No, I've seen no enemies nearby."


Rob Flemming
Callsign Mirage 7
in a foxhole near Dawid
PM Makarov (silenced) 8/8 + 3 mags
AKS-74U (folding stock & short barrel - SMG) 30/30 6 mags
watching south / southeast, ready to fire burst at possible threats

This message was last edited by the player at 05:34, Thu 28 Apr 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 917 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 28 Apr 2011
at 08:47
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz checked the two bodies over for anything useful or any intelligence.
Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 42 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Mon 2 May 2011
at 19:53
Re: The PTSM
After he helped carry both death countrymen and equipment, Piotr doesn't spend time to mourn over his dead friend. This war had taken to many of his friends and the living still needed him. Therefore after he finished he looked whatever sector needed his attention.
Minh Quyen
 player, 564 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Mon 2 May 2011
at 20:48
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
He then moves up towards the front of the carrier and says, "Keep trying Quyen! Don't give up yet. Another try."


"Arrggh!" Quyen growls in frustration at the clunky controls of the vehicle. Then yanking on a few more levers in desperation, she yells, "I'm trying I'm trying. This bitch is not like my Honda Captain!"

Quyen will then continue to experiment with the different controls, foot pedals, buttons and levers. After slamming aside one of the shift stick looking devices into another position and trying the accelerator, her eyes water as she yells,"MOOOVE!!!"

Quyen
Giving the PTSM another try at moving forward

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2270 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 3 May 2011
at 16:46
Re: The PTSM

While the Mirages wait for the PTSM to come to them (although it sounds like its engine is running, there seems to be some kind of delay). Dawid scans the area just north of the Mirages for the 2-3 enemy he's fairly certain they shot during the firefight. It proves impossible to pick out any bodies though the narrow, fairly dim, monochromatic view offered by his NVGs. No one has any better luck using the naked eye. The night is too dark; the withering knee-high grass offers perfect concealment for motionless enemy bodies (living or dead).

Displaying remarkable patience and persistence, Minh finally figures out how to propel the big tracked carrier forward. It lurches forward so unexpectedly that Jay, still behind the HMG, falls backwards, swinging the large gun towards the stars. Everyone else finds a handhold and/or gets low in the cargo bed, preparing to endure and interesting ride.

Minh keeps the PTSM on the road. She's not sure how to turn yet and Sgt. Tucker's team is somewhere up ahead. She stops when she hears Jay and Konrad shouting. Then she sees Tucker and Teo through her borrowed NVGs. She was concentrating so hard on staying on the road that she didn't notice them. Tucker helps Teo to his feet and practically drags the wounded Pole to the PTSM where waiting hands lift him aboard. Someone offers a red-filtered flashlight and Monika takes a look at Teo's wounds. It takes a minute to remove his layers of clothes. It looks like he took a grenade fragment in the ribs, probably puncturing a lung. Warren joins the rest of the group.

After picking up Tucker's element, Minh tries to turn the PTSM. To her delight, turning is fairly straightforward. She takes it slow, weary of throwing a track. Once she gets the nose of the PTSM pointed towards the southern woodline, she makes a beeline for the Mirages. Her confidence rising, she gives the carrier a little more gas. She doesn't see the curled up body until its under the tracks.

Those riding in the back enjoy a fairly smooth ride. Every couple of seconds, a clod of damp earth gets tossed up into the bed by the tracks. The smell of the engine exhaust overwhelms every other scent.

Mirage and Falcon are finally reunited at the southern woodline. They've captured a PTSM, an HMG, and five 5.45mm AKs and inflicted at least a dozen casualties, all at a cost of two KIA and one WIA. There's no doubt now that the Baron knows something's coming.


Next Moves?
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 919 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 3 May 2011
at 17:07
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz made the guns he had found safe and stowed away the magazines and thought about Mihn's plight. He looked over his shoulder and yelled, "Have you tried swearing in Polish or Russian? Try this:
работайте Вы находящийся во власти сифилиса распутник матери сына шлюхи!"


The entire sum of his mechanical knowledge exhausted, Mariusz siddled nearer the cab of the PTS-M, maybe the Captain would let him drive, he'd seen every episode of Four Tankmen and a Dog ten times...

He held on as the vehicle lurched forward.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:28, Tue 03 May 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1471 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 3 May 2011
at 17:25
Re: The PTSM
Squatting near the cab and bracing himself as the PTSM lumbered along, Bayer calls into the crew compartment, "Quyen. Excellent. Keep moving south. I'll let you know when to pull off into a hide once we've put some distance behind us."

Bayer then turns to face the rest of the team and says loudly over the vehicle's engine, "Well done everyone. Friends have been lost, but we soldier on as we've always done in the past."

"Our mission is still in effect. We will move into a hide and see about any adjustments we need to make. Then from there we will proceed as originally planned."


He then turns to Sawiki, and in the darkness he asks quietly, "What can you tell me about the wounded? I need to know who is out of action and what, if any, urgent requirements are needed."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:27, Tue 03 May 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 77 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 4 May 2011
at 07:53
Re: The PTSM
After picking himself up from his minor fall, with little more than a bruised ego, Jay kept watch until the two squads were reunited. He was saddened to see that their numbers had reduced, but he accepted that this was the grim reality of war. He had lost many comrades over his long career, and each one hurt.

He checked the HMG was made safe, as best he could with the unfamiliar weapon, before checking his AIMS was loaded with a full mag, and ready for use. Turning to Dawid, he gestured towards the HMG and said "Mister Davidji, please you check HMG please," indicating that Dawid should check over the weapon as he was far more experienced in their usage than he was.

He then went over all of the bodies, removing them from the vehicle and lining them up on the side of the road, he also added any nearby corpses of enemy soldiers that were strewn on the ground. He went over each of the bodies, searching them thoroughly. He removed all useful items, including intel, ammo, weapons, etc. He left any personal effects. He also stripped them of useful clothing - trousers, jackets, shirts and boots, leaving underwear and badly damaged clothing. He collated all of the gathered equipment and took it to the captured vehicle. He did not go near the bodies of his fallen comrades, leaving his colleagues to do that.

He intended to distribute kit to the team as needed, before leaving the remainder in the back of the vehicle. In this cold weather the extra clothing might come in handy.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 277 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 4 May 2011
at 08:21
Re: The PTSM
Once the situation was well in hand, Warren materializes alongside the PTSM, not trying to get left behind.  Once the party is assembled, he takes a place near Konrad and Dawid, and stands ready to relay messages to Konrad.

He says over the rumbling engine. "You know when we eventually abandon this, we should leave it intact for the 10th to follow on and pickup.  They're tankers, and appreciate the mobility.  They're also not going on as much stealth as we are, although...." he sweeps his hand at the blood stains in the cargo bed.  Not perfect, but it was helping his objective.

"Also, if I'm going to keep up the sniper business, I'm going to need a spotter.  We're lucky I didn't shoot any friendlies in the back back there.  Also Dawid, if you please, 9 rounds of ammo would be appreciated to refill this mag."  His remarks are directed at both Konrad and Dawid, but his request is given almost as a matter of fact.

If Dawid accepts, he refills his magazine.  OOC: PKM and SVU/SVD ammo are the same, right?
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2407 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 4 May 2011
at 10:35
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Mrityunjay Byanjankar (msg #520):

After climbing up into the bed, Dawid attended to his own wound, a minor scratch on his leg where he'd been kissed by a bullet. He thought that it was bullets fired from the same weapon that ended Woj and Lech's lives, but he wasn't sure as the fight was now a blur of adrenaline-fueled images. God had passed his finger over him. His hands shook a little as he dressed his leg.

Dawid looked up and nodded at Jay. After a second, he remembered to respond, and in English. "Yes, Jay, that is a splendid idea."

He got up behind the Dushka, performed a visual check to see it was loaded and undamaged. It was likely still operational; unless it took damage in the mean time the old weapon had worked well enough to take his friend's life and so it should still be functioning.

"Understood, Kaptain. We will be continuing exactly as planned, or maybe switching to another approach route? The Baron knows we're coming down this road, and he still has artillery."

"Speaking of which, anyone recover any maps? If it shows where the artillery is firing from, I should dearly like to take the Baron's other heavy cannon off his hands. If he still has that cannon in his possession when the main battle is joined, he'll chop up the 10th like liver."

"Oh, and Warren, that's a good idea about this vehicles. We need to keep the future in mind, and how best to help our allies. You know, I still do want this beast in the long run, we can use it to make an end-run down the river or cross any water obstacles. Or, tow our own D-30, which the Baron so generously donated to us earlier. As for ammunition..." He bent down and removed enough rounds of ammunition as requested from the non-disintegrating linked belt to give to Jeff, then cycled the belt through the PKM until a live round was in the chamber.

"Teo can handle the PKM while I'm manning the Dushka, eh? Eh?"
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1066 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 5 May 2011
at 00:32
Re: The PTSM
Cap'n Rae:
Minh keeps the PTSM on the road. She's not sure how to turn yet and Sgt. Tucker's team is somewhere up ahead. She stops when she hears Jay and Konrad shouting. Then she sees Tucker and Teo through her borrowed NVGs. She was concentrating so hard on staying on the road that she didn't notice them. Tucker helps Teo to his feet and practically drags the wounded Pole to the PTSM where waiting hands lift him aboard. Someone offers a red-filtered flashlight and Monika takes a look at Teo's wounds. It takes a minute to remove his layers of clothes. It looks like he took a grenade fragment in the ribs, probably puncturing a lung. Warren joins the rest of the group.

Next Moves?

Robert slings his rifle as he tries to help carry the injured Teo and try to hook up with the rest of the element before he's left behind or injured & killed himself.  He hears a vehicle moving around and then the recognizable shouting of Konrad and someone else and he breathes a sigh of relief reassuring Teo, "Helps on the way buddy.  We'll get you patched up in no time, just hang the fuck on brother!"  When he finally gets up to the vehicle and he gets some help from Konrad and Jay to get him up, Tucker helps support him from the ground before climbing up.  He says nothing to Monika as she begins to work on him and as he climbs up handing Teo's PKM up to the others.  "Didn't think you guys were fuckin' coming, thanks."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 355 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Fri 6 May 2011
at 00:09
Re: The PTSM


Clambering aboard the PTSM Craig covered the others as they got on the Russian tractor. He kept his NVG's off and tried to find any sign of movement in the gloom. He also kept an ear out for the tell-tale sound of the incoming artillery.
Jan Cerny
 player, 1036 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 6 May 2011
at 10:09
Re: The PTSM
Once the vehicle arrived Jan organised Piotr and Mattias in getting their two dead comrades onto the rear flatbed and also added the weapons that they had been armed with.

“Jeff,” Jan called across to the CIA man, speaking English.  “We have not been able to gather weapons from many of those we killed so make sure that the 10th search this location in daylight and gather what they can.”
Monika Sawicki
 player, 127 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 7 May 2011
at 00:15
Re: The PTSM
      Monika finished doing what she could for the wounded.  She would take another look at their wounds when the conditions were better suited for precision work.  She looked about and saw Tuck.  She asked him in English, "Where stuff?"

Monika Sawicki
Callsign: Falcon 6
PM-63 SMG (15/15) and 4 extra mags (15/15) (25/25) (25/25) (25/25)
Suppressed PB/6P9 (8/8) and one extra (8/8) mag
Suppressed PM-64 (6/6) and two extra (6/6) mags
Looking for webbing and pack

Minh Quyen
 player, 565 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Sat 7 May 2011
at 02:12
Re: The PTSM
Konrad Bayer:
Squatting near the cab and bracing himself as the PTSM lumbered along, Bayer calls into the crew compartment, "Quyen. Excellent. Keep moving south. I'll let you know when to pull off into a hide once we've put some distance behind us."


Smiling broadly in the darkness of the cab, proud of her stunning achievement to get the large vehicle mobile, Quyen shouts back, "Roger. Tôi có chó cái này được kiểm soát."

She then adjusts the night vision goggles on her face and continues guiding the PTSM. With steering mastered, she won't press her luck and mess with anything else. Forward, left and right. That's all she needs. Stopping, can wait until the Hauptmann needs another miracle.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1069 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sat 7 May 2011
at 02:43
Re: The PTSM
Monika Sawicki:
      Monika finished doing what she could for the wounded.  She would take another look at their wounds when the conditions were better suited for precision work.  She looked about and saw Tuck.  She asked him in English, "Where stuff?"

Tucker just glares at Monika, "Right where you left it in the field!"
Monika Sawicki
 player, 128 posts
 Polish
 Medic
Sat 7 May 2011
at 03:11
Re: The PTSM
     Monika begins screaming in Polish. "Stop the truck!  Stop the truck now!  We need to go back now!"  She is getting more agitated by the second.  She appears to be having some type of panic attack as she keeps screaming for the group to stop and go back.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:29, Sat 07 May 2011.

Matias Adamczyk
 player, 57 posts
 Polish
 Motor Rifles Draftee
Sat 7 May 2011
at 04:40
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #525):

Matias followed Jan's instructions, loading both corpses and all their gear into the vehicle before jumping in himself. He also heard the comments about leaving the scavenging for the 10th, so he sat quietly in the back, resting and hoping to move out. That is, until Monika lost it.

He reached out to grab her arm, trying to calm her down. "What?? What is it? Why?" he asked her in Polish, before adding "She says we need to go back," in English for the others' benefit.
Robert Flemming
 player, 28 posts
 American
 CIA
Sat 7 May 2011
at 09:04
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Matias Adamczyk (msg #530):

Rob boarded on the PTSM, too. He put the radio aside and searched the crew compartment for maps and radio frequencies.

Rob Flemming
Callsign Mirage 7
onboard the PTSM, crew compartment
PM Makarov (silenced) 8/8 + 3 mags
AKS-74U (folding stock & short barrel - SMG) 30/30 6 mags
searching for maps and frequencies

This message was last edited by the player at 09:06, Sat 07 May 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2271 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 7 May 2011
at 21:07
Re: The PTSM

After picking up the Mirages, Minh steers the PTSM south, following the main road. She's taking it slow, aware that her inexperience could easily result in a thrown track or shredded transmission.

The party has captured four 5.45mm AKs and 10 full magazines for them. There just isn't time to properly search the battlefield for additional gear. Hopefully the main body of the 10th will conduct a proper sweep of the area in order to pick up whatever you've left behind.

Woj and Lech's bodies are carefully laid out and clearly marked for the 10th to pick up just outside the southern treeline.

Flemming, in the crew cab with Minh, finds that, unlike most such vehicles, the PTSM had its own radio. It appears to have been recently destroyed by gunfire. The crew has a map of the greater Warsaw area but it is not marked in any way.

After conducting a cursory inspection of Teo's shrapnel wounds, Monika pulls away from Matias and leaps from the moving PTSM. She jogs off into the darkness to recover her pack and its precious contents. Teo needs aid from someone who knows how to treat a punctured lung. He's in serious pain and laboring hard to breath.

The PTSM is now on the road, facing south, just 100m or so south of the position it was in when you began your assault. Monika is running towards that original position.

Next Moves?
Craig Sutherland
 player, 356 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 8 May 2011
at 06:44
Re: The PTSM

Trying to get as comfortable as he can under the present circumstances Craig finds a place on the left side of the PTSM. He is effectively leaning on the side so he can give his injured leg a rest of sorts.

As he the butt of his AK at his shoulder he only got a flash of movement as the medic left the vehicle. Craig assumed she had been given permission so made not sound or movement as she left. He lowered the muzzle of his weapon and pulled down his NVG's, scanned his sector then raised them and re-shouldered his rifle.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 920 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 8 May 2011
at 09:43
Re: The PTSM
Mariusz moved to one of the sides of the vehicle and kept a careful look out.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2409 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 8 May 2011
at 15:35
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #532):

"Teo, I'm sorry you're hurt! Glad to see you're alive. Others were not so lucky."

"Does everyone have their gear? Do we need to go back?"

"Did we manage to find any gear these fools might have left behind, did they have a camp?"

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1070 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 8 May 2011
at 17:20
Re: The PTSM
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #532):

"Teo, I'm sorry you're hurt! Glad to see you're alive. Others were not so lucky."

"Does everyone have their gear? Do we need to go back?"

"Did we manage to find any gear these fools might have left behind, did they have a camp?"

As he's keeping his attention outwards of the PTSM, Tucker replies to Dawid, "Monika left her kit in the filed when she left off on her own.  Me & Teo left it there when we were ordered to advance up until Teo took his hit."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2410 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 9 May 2011
at 14:48
Re: The PTSM
In reply to Robert 'Tuck' Tucker (msg #536):

"Ah, I see. No wonder she's upset. Medical supplies are crucial, we will go back."

He said in Polish to Monika, "yes, sister, we will return!"

"Minh: we need to return to recover Monika's medical supplies, please. This is important."

Dawid looked over at Konrad to see if he would veto this idea, believing keeping their medic happy was important to waste a little time in a detour.
Jan Cerny
 player, 1037 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 9 May 2011
at 21:54
Re: The PTSM
As Monika jumped out of the vehicle, to go and retrieve her missing pack, Jan stayed in his position on the rear flatbed and started to work out how much ammo they had for the machinegun they had captured.  He also took the opportunity to top off the mag he had in his rifle, replacing the five rounds that he had fired, ditching an empty spare STANAG mag on the floor of the truck as he did so.

Having finished sorting out his personal ammo and the new MG, Jan then turned his attention to the captured mags.  “Give me the spare magazines,” he said in both English and then P