Ch. 16: The Battle of Warsaw (Part I)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato
 player, 46 posts
 Sergente Maggiore Capo
 Paracadutisti Incursori
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 06:52
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Orso first listened to Dawid's instructions, then altered them in his mind to fit the real capabilities of his weapons. The Armscor stayed mainly loaded with HE, however a HEAT grenade was fitted to his shotgun, a slug in the chamber to propel it on it's way. The GL was at his right side, shotgun to his left and RPG on the shoulder, sights trained upon the bunker.

At the left end of the line he had the best angle of all of them on the bunker's firing slits, although it would still be an amazing shot.

Orso was confident.

Orso
Aiming at bunker with RPG, firing on command
RPG-7 (+?)
Armscor MGL Mark 1 (4 HE, 2 smoke/6) + 2xILLUM, 6xHEDP, 2x HE, 3xSmoke
Franchi SPAS-15 w/ 1x HEAT grenade (1 slug, 6/6 buckshot) + 6x5 buckshot + 6 slugs (loose)
Grenade attachment
Grenade, M26A1, x6
Grenade, smoke, M18 x2
Mecar BTU rifle grenade, HEAT
Swiss Army Knife
Gas Mask
4x Binoculars
RV-2/400 Hand Radio

This message was last edited by the player at 00:38, Tue 20 Sept 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1110 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 13:15
Re: Storming the Black Fort
In reply to Dawid Waldus Piotrowski (msg #775):

Tucker listens closely to Dawid's instructions (that's right folks who've been in this game for awhile, listens!  LOL!) on his responsibilities for the assault with Pawel.  He knows between the support MG's they have are going to be a big asset along with Orso's muli-launcher grenade tosser and the RPG.  He moves off  slowly and as quietly as possible with Pawel and sets up off to the right of their position as he pops up the sights of his M-203 grenade launcher and confirms he has a HEDP round in there to attack the bunker.  Robert starts to get himself ready as he waits for the assault to kick off inside the stadium, looking for anything to rest the launcher on to give him a steady shot (unless there's nothing and has to shoot unsupported).

When he hears the mission kick off with fire coming from the stadium and hearing the order to fire given from Dawid, he concentrates on his launchers sights and lets fly the HEDP round at the bunker.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [31/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON} Safety OFF - SINGLE SHOT
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
Kevlar Vest/Helmet

Firing aimed(?) shot at bunker

This message was last edited by the player at 13:20, Mon 19 Sept 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 307 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 19 Sep 2011
at 17:04
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Jeff contemplates putting another shot into the sentry but figures the man is unlikely to continue the fight.  Besides, the MG team was a far greater priority.  He hears Konrad call them out on the radio, but by that point he had already placed the reticule on the gunner.  "I'll take the gunner." he says to Craig.  Aiming carefully, Jeff fires center mass into the MG gunner.


Jeff Warren
SVU-AS [9/10]+7
Aimed shot at MG gunner.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 405 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 01:28
Re: Storming the Black Fort


Craig lowers the rifle sights towards the sentry working the bolt and chambering another round. He then tells Warren;

"TR5 ***Meters, fire."

Craig then fires at the sentry closest to their position who is currenty facing south on the stadium wall. If Warren misses the MG team Craig will engage them and not fire on the sentry.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:33, Tue 20 Sept 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2334 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 02:47
Re: Storming the Black Fort

Stadium Fort

Taking advantage of the surprise achieved by their Trojan horse gambit, the rescue team continues to engage threats as soon as they can bring their weapons to bear.

Mariusz takes aim at the struggling seated guard captain and fires twice. The first round catches the hapless man underdeath his left eye, tearing through his brain and killing him instantly. The second bullet misses but it hardly matters- the threat is eliminated. (Mariusz -2 rounds)

Mattias, Pawel, and Jan all focus in on the guard taking aim at the Polish youngster (Mattias). All four of them fire nearly simultaneously. With three people firing at the same target at the same time, it's impossible to tell who's shots do the most damage. Nevertheless, the target collapses in a heap, shot no less than three times. He gets off a wild burst as he falls to the ground, shooting into the dirt just meters from Mattias' feet. The guard's probably not dead, but he's no longer an immediate threat. Unfortunately, Jan's silenced SMG jams after the second round. (Jan -3 rounds; JAM!).

Minh, meanwhile, spots the danger atop the keep and takes the elevated sentry under fire. She does not appear to hit him, but she drives him behind cover, preventing him from firing into her friends. He's still on the keep roof overlooking the stadium floor, though, continuing to pose a threat to all within its walls. (Minh -4 rounds)

Upon getting to his feet, Jay turns towards the gate to see an armed man running towards him. Jay's Romanian AK follows his eyes and he fires a quick burst, striking the man in the upper right arm. The man spins once before losing his footing, sliding to a stop in the dirt and dropping his own AK in the process. (Jay -3 rounds)

Konrad takes cover behind the back corner of the chuck wagon, desperately trying to make tactical sense of the shootout going on around his ears. With so many shooting, it's incredibly difficult to assess and prioritize the various threats. His highly trained brain settles on the greatest threat. The elevated machinegun nest above the main gate to the south. He raises his rifle/GL and takes aim.

Warren beats him to the punch by a split second. The CIA assassin's second shot strikes the gunner in the right arm, drilling into the man's shoulder with a puff of dust and vaporized blood. The man yells and pulls away from his gun, leaving the PKM temporarily unmanned. The assistant gunner is startled by his comrade's wounding and he hesitates a second before trying to manouver himself behind the machinegun. (Warren -1 round) Craig cooly reports, "Hit."

Craig, thus informed, takes aim at the guard on the southern wall of the fortress. Only the back of the man's head is visible behind a merlon formed by a large chunk of concrete. That's all the target Craig needs as he blows the the top of the sentry's head off in a red spray of hair and brains. (Craig -1 round)

Support Team

Orso takes the RPG-7 launcher tube from Monika and loads it with one of the three HEAT rounds they were given by the 10th TD. He moves a few meters away, to a spot offering a good view of the bunker and an umimpeded path for the rocket launcher's backblast.

Dawid starts the shooting with short burst from his PKM. A couple of the rounds appear to hit one of the two men racing across the bridge road, bowling him over on the torn-up asphalt. The other man presumably makes it into defilade. Both men disappear from view.

As the shooting starts up in the fort, Orso fires at the bunker. The rocket races towards its target, trailing a thin line of white-grey smoke in its burning wake. The rocket strikes the wooden corner post of the bunker's firing embrasure, exploding in a gorgeous spray of orange flame, hot metal fragments, and jagged wooden shrapnel. Those inside the bunker are torn apart by shrapnel and blast. Tucker, firing almost simultaneously, places a 40mm HEDP round right through the bunker's south-facing firing slit, adding to the destruction and carnage within. A cloud of smoke and concrete dust envelops the bunker. The spotter on the roof- certainly stunned if not dead or dying- disappears from view. So do the two runners on or beyond the bridge road. It will take a few seconds for the smoke and dust to clear enough to do a proper damage assessment. It's fairly certain, however, that the bunker no longer poses much of a threat to anyone. (Dawid -5 rounds, Orso -1 HEAT, Tucker -1 HEDP)


Combat Summary: All guards on stadium floor are KIA or WIA. Gunner in MG nest is WIA. Sentry on keep roof is suppressed as long as Minh keeps shooting at him. Sentry on south wall is KIA. Sentries on W, E, and N walls are all alive but have yet to take action.

Riverside bunker is toast. HMG crew likely KIA, rooftop spotted likely WIA (at least), one of two bridge guards is WIA, other is in cover.



Next Moves?


P.S. I can't update the map, ATM, so please refer to the info above in plotting your next moves.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:19, Tue 20 Sept 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2477 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 09:02
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Releasing the trigger, Dawid ceased fire, looking over the barrel of the PKM. He looked around for other targets, or to see if any survivors across the road poked his head up.

By the holy Black Madonna, he thought, we took out the bunker!

"Grenadiers: two targets 200m, directly across the road from bunker, in defilade!"


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (95/100 + 203 spare rounds carried by Fleming)
Riverside Ruins, centre
Aiming, overwatch (opportunity fire)

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 956 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Tue 20 Sep 2011
at 16:14
Re: Storming the Black Fort
"Long Live Poland! Long Live Warsaw!" Mariusz yelled as he blazed away at the guard on the West wall, he knew his chances of hitting were minimal but hoped to stop the man from blazing into the hostages, "Run for freedom!"

Mariusz
HP-35 (16/20)
2 quick shots in the direction of the West wall guard

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1111 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 21 Sep 2011
at 00:58
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
Releasing the trigger, Dawid ceased fire, looking over the barrel of the PKM. He looked around for other targets, or to see if any survivors across the road poked his head up.

"Grenadiers: two targets 200m, directly across the road from bunker, in defilade!"

Tuck ducks back down a little as he opens up the grenade launcher and drops the empty cannister to the ground and reaches into his MOLLE webbing and inserts a HE round into the tube and closes the action.  "H.E.!  ROGER THAT," he yells out and begins to sight in the opposite side of the road where the two soldiers were seen.

TUCKER
M-16A2 [31/30] / M-203 [HE] - {READY WEAPON} Safety OFF - SINGLE SHOT
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
Kevlar Vest/Helmet

Reloading/Following up with HE round to opposite side of road where men were seen retreating to

This message was last edited by the player at 01:02, Wed 21 Sept 2011.

Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato
 player, 48 posts
 Sergente Maggiore Capo
 Paracadutisti Incursori
Wed 21 Sep 2011
at 01:46
Re: Storming the Black Fort
"How 'bout you shoot them then?" he called in reply to Dawid, moving back to where his shotgun and grenade launcher were waiting before passing off the empty RPG to Monika for reloading. Although his pack would remain laying where it was, both weapons were scooped up and he prepared to assault the remains of the bunker.

Orso
Passing the RPG-7 to Monika, recovering GL and Shotgun for the next phase
Armscor MGL Mark 1 (4 HE, 2 smoke/6) + 2xILLUM, 6xHEDP, 2x HE, 3xSmoke
Franchi SPAS-15 w/ 1x HEAT grenade (1 slug, 6/6 buckshot) + 6x5 buckshot + 6 slugs (loose)
Grenade attachment
Grenade, M26A1, x6
Grenade, smoke, M18 x2
Mecar BTU rifle grenade, HEAT
Swiss Army Knife
Gas Mask
4x Binoculars
RV-2/400 Hand Radio

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2478 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 21 Sep 2011
at 03:27
Re: Storming the Black Fort
In reply to Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato (msg #784):

Dawid noticed Orso was preparing to assualt.

"You will engage the target with your grenade launcher now. If you move out without orders you will be shot. Understand?"


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (95/100 + 203 spare rounds carried by Fleming)
Riverside Ruins, centre
Aiming, overwatch (opportunity fire)

Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato
 player, 50 posts
 Sergente Maggiore Capo
 Paracadutisti Incursori
Wed 21 Sep 2011
at 04:05
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Still changing weapons, Orso looked down at the little man trying to throw his weight about.
"I do what need to be done. You do whatever you think."
Threatening somebody under your command was never a good way to get them to do what you wanted, especially when there had been virtually no indication previous orders wouldn't be followed.
"This position useless. That," he nodded at the smoking remains of the bunker, rubble and clods of earth still falling from the sky, "is were we need to be to control this area."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:47, Wed 21 Sept 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2479 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 21 Sep 2011
at 05:14
Re: Storming the Black Fort
In reply to Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato (msg #786):

It was like in some strange way, Dawid could read Orso's mind. He grinned and replied,

"You fucking guys with your big guns... the bigger the gun, the smaller the penis."

If Orso went ahead anyways without permission, he was unsure he could follow through on his threat.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (95/100 + 203 spare rounds carried by Fleming)
Riverside Ruins, centre
Aiming, overwatch (opportunity fire)

This message was last edited by the player at 05:28, Wed 21 Sept 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1099 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 21 Sep 2011
at 13:02
Re: Storming the Black Fort
"Merdeux mitraillette," exclaimed Jan to himself as his submachinegun jammed.  He quickly let it drop and dangle on its sling while he unslung his Steyr, pulled it into his shoulder and cocked it in one smooth, practiced motion.  Still in his crouched position he aimed his rifle at the guard on the north wall, intending on firing a pair of single shots at him.

As he aimed he barked out a couple of orders to his team.  "Minh, keep that man's head down!"  As long as he was in the way the guard on the keep roof blocked the LOS of the sentry on the east wall.  "Jay, take out the sentry on the west wall.  Mariusz and Matias.  Get your rifles now!"  Their pistols were going to become almost useless at this range across the stadium.


Jan
Changing weapons, issuing orders and (if there is time in this round) firing a pair of single shots (the first one aimed) at the guard on the north wall.
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 6x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
PM-84 SMG + Suppressor - 22/25 rounds - 2 mags + 40 loose rounds total) - on sling
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster
Frag Grenade x4

Craig Sutherland
 player, 407 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 22 Sep 2011
at 03:44
Re: Storming the Black Fort

Again Craig gives Warren a target and the range estatment.

"TR6, ***meters, fire"   *Loader

He then aims for the shooter on the fort roof if he can see him or the sentry on the West wall.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:57, Fri 23 Sept 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 143 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Thu 22 Sep 2011
at 08:20
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Jan Cerny:
As he aimed he barked out a couple of orders to his team.  "Minh, keep that man's head down!"  As long as he was in the way the guard on the keep roof blocked the LOS of the sentry on the east wall.  "Jay, take out the sentry on the west wall.  Mariusz and Matias.  Get your rifles now!"


Jay dropped to one knee, and took aim at the sentry Jan had indicated to him. He levelled his AK74 and fired two aimed shots, hoping to kill or incapacitate his target. If the man goes down he will then look to move to better cover, if not he will unleash a suppressive burst at the man before moving off to cover.

OOC - Rae, I am using the AK74, not the AIMS74


Jay Biyanjankar
Assault team
Firing two aimed shots at sentry on west wall, followed by burst if needed. Then moving to cover.
AK74 (27/30) with BG15

Minh Quyen
 player, 578 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Thu 22 Sep 2011
at 11:59
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Jan Cerny:
"Minh, keep that man's head down!"


Quyen is still leaning up against the side of the wagon, using it for as much cover and support as it can provide. She hears Jan's shouts but hasn't let up on her firing at that enemy guard anyways.

Quyen maintains her slow but stead firing. Her intention is to either keep her target suppressed until the snipers overlooking the position can pick him off or he pops back up again and is hit. Realizing he might pop up a few meters on either side of where he dropped out of sight, Quyen will try to be ready to quickly change her aim if her reappears.

AK74 (26/30)
Firing at same wall guard (rate of 2 shots/phase)

This message was last edited by the player at 11:59, Thu 22 Sept 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 309 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Fri 23 Sep 2011
at 04:11
Re: Storming the Black Fort
With Craig's help spotting, Jeff switches to the loader who was now trying to man the PKM.  With the gunner wounded behind the sandbags, he was the immediate threat.

He took aim and fired once again.


Jeff Warren
SVU-AS [8/10]
Aimed shot at (new) machinegunner

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2341 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 24 Sep 2011
at 00:34
Re: Storming the Black Fort

Support Group

The riverside HMG bunker continues to be obscurred by dust and smoke, although it's starting to clear a bit. While Orso and Dawid argue, Tucker tries to lob a 40mm HE grenade across the road, at the area where Dawid last saw the two runners as they were swallowed up by the road embankment and the smoke from the hits on the bunker. It's hard to tell where his grenade lands because of the all the smoke but, based on his experience and what he could follow of the flight of the HE round, Tucker suspects that it fell short, exploding just on the far side of the bunker. (Tucker -1 40mm HE)

Rescue Group

Mariusz blasts away at the sentry on the west wall. IHe's shooting at a small, distant target being as the man is already behind partial cover due to an earlier near miss (from Craig, you would later piece together), and the range is simply too great for someone not accustomed to shooting a pistol. Just as Mariusz ceases fire to reassess his options, Jay gets off a short burst and skillfully shoots the top of the same man's head off, sending the body tumbling down the steeply-pitched outer wall of the fort and out of sight. Craig, attempting to locate and target this sentry, watches the body tumble down the rubbled concrete to land with a sickening thud at its foot. He doesn't have LOS to the east wall so he continues to search for a target for his scoped Nagant. (Mariusz -2 rounds; Jay -5 rounds)

The guard that Jay shot as he ran into the fort through the main gate takes the opportunity to run away, exiting the compound faster than he had entered it. He leaves his AK behind in the dirt.

Roused by Mariusz's call to flight, about a dozen of the hostages rise from the dirt and run towards the gap in the north wall. A couple more head for the main gate to the south. A male hostage in his '50s or so, grabs the AK from the badly wounded sentry laying nearby and finishes the man off with a long burst. He clearly has little experience with such a weapon, mustering just a couple of hits from his point-blank 10-round burst. The added movement of the hostages makes the battle space even more chaotic and confusing than it was just moments before.

Near the wagon, Jan shouts orders and switches weapons. His wounded arm is throbbing but the pain lessens as adrenaline surges through his otherwise fit body. Just as he's about to bring his sights to bear on the sentry atop the north wall, the man disappears. From the way the man abruptly dropped out of sight, Jan suspects that the enemy sentry thought better of attempting to fight back and jumped/slid down the outer wall and out of the battle.

Minh, meanwhile, continues to fire at the man atop the keep. Puffs of concrete dust appear near where the man was last seen and he does not reappear. At the moment, at least, Minh's carefully measured suppressive fire is proving surprisingly effective. (Minh - 4 rounds)

The sentry atop the eastern wall, a little above and further away than the man taking cover atop the keep, opens fire at the rescue party. Mattias drops limply as three rounds stitch his body from groin to neck. He lays still on the dirt of the stadium floor as a dark red pool spreads out from the young Pole's throat.

In the snipers' nest, Warren places his crosshairs over the loader in the MG nest above the main gate. The man is just tucking the buttstock of the PKM into his shoulder when a bullet slams into his right forearm, fracturing it. The man drops the MG with a startled scream, and clutches his shattered forearm, howling in pain. (Warren -1 round)

The man Warren shot in the leg near the gate has crawled out of sight.

Combat Summary: Only two fort sentries remain in the fight, both on the east side of the complex. One is pinned down atop the keep by Minh while the other is firing at targets on the stadium floor (killing Mattias). Both men in the MG nest atop the gate are wounded.

It is clear that the bunker has been neutralized, although the status of the lookout on the roof is, as yet, unkown. The two bridge guards (one likely WIA) have not shown themselves since they dropped behind the embankment on the far side of the bridge road. No one in either group has LOS to that area.



Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:35, Sat 24 Sept 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 957 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 24 Sep 2011
at 08:31
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Somehow through the pumping adrenaline coursing through his body and the noise of combat, Mariusz registered Jan's wise advice. He began to make his way back to food wagon to retrieve his gun.

As he moved he yelled out, <Dark Blue>"Go, rouse your people, the time to destroy the Black Bastard is upon you!"</Dark Blue>

Mariusz
HP-35 16/20
Rabble rousing
Heading for the wagon to get his gun (Don't know how long this will take)

Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato
 player, 52 posts
 Sergente Maggiore Capo
 Paracadutisti Incursori
Sat 24 Sep 2011
at 16:23
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Orso saw Tuckers grenade miss the intended target area just as he'd expected would happen with the location obscured with dust and smoke. It was a good effort, but ultimately wasted.
"Can the infantry do our job and assault now?" he asked of Dawid, slinging the launcher and removing the HEAT from his shotgun and replacing it in his webbing.
"Or do you want to call a fire mission first?"
Maybe there was a bug he'd missed squishing with the RPG...

Orso
Waiting on orders....
Franchi SPAS-15 w/ 1x HEAT grenade (1 slug, 6/6 buckshot) + 6x5 buckshot + 6 slugs (loose)
Grenade attachment
Armscor MGL Mark 1 (4 HE, 2 smoke/6) + 2xILLUM, 6xHEDP, 2x HE, 3xSmoke
Grenade, M26A1, x6
Grenade, smoke, M18 x2
Mecar BTU rifle grenade, HEAT
Swiss Army Knife
Gas Mask
4x Binoculars
RV-2/400 Hand Radio

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1510 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 24 Sep 2011
at 18:20
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Still kneeling next to the wagon, Bayer lowers his weapon as his target is eliminated by one of his fellow teammates before he can fire. He remains quiet, letting Jan control his men who were doing a fine job, and returns to observing. Toggling the radio, he reports to the snipers the only two remaining targets that he was aware of, then announces the current progress of the extraction group to the other teams.

Bayer then notices that Mattias has been hit, and shouts for the extraction team to push on and focus with their mission instead of dealing with their wounded, "Keep going Jan!"

Bayer then returns his attention to Mattias and being the spare man, begins to creep out from behind his cover towards the injured Pole. If he is able to reach him without taking fire, Bayer will drag him back behind the wagon.

Bayer
G36/HK69 (30/30 + CS)
Located with Assault in the stadium
Observing/Communicating from behind wagon - then attempting to drag Mattias back into cover

This message was last edited by the player at 18:21, Sat 24 Sept 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 310 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 24 Sep 2011
at 18:37
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Jeff takes a half second to scan the chaos unfolding in the stadium.  He sees hostages running every direction, but the extraction team seemed to have surprised the guards and were quickly gaining the upperhand.  However he notices the guard on the ledge firing at the team, so he quickly becomes his new target, even before Konrad calls it in.  He aims but before firing tells Craig

"On target TR2.  Finish off the machine gun."

And then he pulls the trigger.


Jeff Warren
Aimed shot at East sentry shooting at team.
SVU-AS [7/10]

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2481 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sat 24 Sep 2011
at 18:57
Re: Storming the Black Fort
In reply to Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato (msg #795):

Well, this time Orso took the time to articulate his desires to close with the enemy in a mad charge, instead of endangering himself by recklessly rushing out without warning.

Noting the grenade launcher was put away unfired, Dawid looked at Orso as if the man were mad, but deserving of a kind of awe and even, yes, respect. He was obviously a fierce fighter and thirsted to charge and attack above all else. The world had perhaps not seen a warrior of his like since Gallipoli, the Somme or the Crimea. Truly, a man like Orso was born in the wrong time and place. It took a special kind of insane courage to volunteer for a lone suicidal charge like this, a foolish bravery that a true Pole could appreciate and admire.

From his angle Dawid could see that the bunker was obscured but the enemy's last known position across from it was not obscured was in fact in plain sight. An assault over the open would therefore be a risky proposition if they decided to contest the issue. Still, as Orso was so bravely volunteering...

"Your bravery and selflessness shames me, Orso. Shames, I tell you! Go! Charge! Run fast like the wind! Assault that bunker and hold it at all cost! We will hold our position here and cover you. Go with God and may He protect you! Now run!I shall salute your valour!

"RUN, ORSO! RUN!

"Tucker, that was a good effort, very worthwhile. Please repeat, high explosive. No one moves unless I command."



Dawid Piotrowski
PKM (95/100 + 203 spare rounds carried by Fleming)
Riverside Ruins, centre
Aiming, overwatch (opportunity fire)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:36, Sun 25 Sept 2011.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1102 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 24 Sep 2011
at 21:49
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Jan quickly worked out that there were just two enemy targets still active that they had to worry about.  Minh had one man pinned down and the other had just shot Matias.  That was another young soldier who had died while Jan was leading him and Jan felt a significant degree of responsibility.  He wanted the man who had shot Matias dead!

Jan therefore changed target from the man who had fled down the northern wall to the man shooting at people on the stadium floor and fired a pair of single shots at him with his rifle, making use of the optical scope mounted on the Steyr to target the man.

"Jay, switch targets to the man on the eastern wall!" Jan called out, revising his previous order.  With Minh suppressing her target and Jan and Jay both engaging the man who was firing, Jan hoped that Mariusz would be able to retrieve his rifle without being shot at.  Then a couple of them could move further into the stadium to try to get a flanking angle on both men!


Jan
Firing two single shots (one aimed and one quick) with his rifle at the man on the eastern wall who shot Matias, using the optical sight to improve accuracy.
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HE - 6x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
PM-84 SMG + Suppressor - 22/25 rounds - 2 mags + 40 loose rounds total) - on sling
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster
Frag Grenade x4

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1114 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 25 Sep 2011
at 01:32
Re: Storming the Black Fort
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
In reply to Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato (msg #795):

"Tucker, that was a good effort, very worthwhile. Please repeat, high explosive. No one moves unless I command."</Blue>


"One more HE coming up," Tucker calls back out as he reloads the grenade launcher with a fresh 40mm HE grenade and takes aim at the other side of the road where he intended to hit before.  He disregards Orso and takes aim on the other side of the road.

TUCKERM-16A2 [31/30] / M-203 [HE] - {READY WEAPON} Safety OFF - SINGLE SHOT
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
Kevlar Vest/Helmet

Reloading/Following up with HE round to opposite side of road where men were seen retreating to

This message was last edited by the player at 01:33, Sun 25 Sept 2011.