Ch. 17: The Battle of Warsaw (Part II)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 182 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 07:30
Re: Ambushing the Reaction Force
From his hidden location, Jay kept still, ignoring the sporadic fire coming from the lead vehicle. He had been involved in many tank killing ops before, although usually not one where they were so heavily outgunned.

He bided his time, the lead tank would prevent a target very soon, and with all of the infantry on board it was sure to result in a bloody mess. While he waited he said a brief Buddhist prayer, and quietly said goodbye to his wife and son, just in case.

As he waited he positioned himself as best he could for an accurate shot, and controlled his breathing to steady his aim.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2575 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 10:31
Re: Ambushing the Reaction Force
They let the first vehicle through.

Sweating from the strain, Dawid was tempted to reply on the radio but didn't. Tucker would designate the targets on his side for the AT team, he could make the call or not as he decided.

Instead, he decided that God had shown them mercy enough when the scouts had merely laughed at their flimsy ruse instead of alerting the column. He'd thought it was a good idea at the time! It could have exposed the ambush but the scouts had drawn a different conclusion, God knew why. Probably thought whoever set the fake minefield were amateurs with few resources, and if that were the case would have opened up when they were there but no one did.

They were only partially right and while they lacked resources, at least they had the discipline to let the lead jeep go through so they could engage the main force. Maybe the jeep would be a problem, maybe Alpha would take care of them. No way to know now what would happen.

Controlling his breathing, he peered out from under his helmet over the PKM's sights. His first targets would be the tank dismounts, then anyone trying to move along or through the kill zone on the right side of Targowa.


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM GPMG (100/100 + 100)
Aiming at tank dismounts: Opportunity Fire
Bank building, left side of street

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1152 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 13:13
Re: Ambushing the Reaction Force
Tucker makes sure that Jay is set up properly with his RPG before he finds himself a spot that gives him a supported position to make the most out of his round of HEDP.  He extends his sights for the launcher and looks back to Jay signalling he's in position.

Tuck simply sinks down and waits for all of the commotion to pass with the first Hummer to pass by so he can get a look down the line of vehicles coming towards them now.  Seeing and hearing the tank rolling towards them, Frank slowly shifts and motions to Jay that the tank is his target and he is to shoot first.  Once he gets the message out, Robert sets up his rifle/launcher and takes aim at the first M113 APC that is behind the tank.  He takes in a breath, lines up his greande launcher's sights, and begins to exhale.  Half-way through the exhale, he discharges the 40mm HEDP round at the M113 (Almost immediately after Jay fires of course).

TUCKER
M-16A2 [31/30] / M-203 [HEDP] - {READY WEAPON} Safety ON
Browning HP-35 [13/13] SAFETY 'ON' Cocked & locked
H&K SOCOM (Suppressed) [12/12] SAFETY 'ON'
Kevlar Vest/Helmet

Firing 40mm HEDP round at M113APC after Jay fires his RPG at the T-72 tank

This message was last edited by the player at 13:17, Sun 06 Nov 2011.

Jan Cerny
 NPC, 1152 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 15:59
Re: Ambushing the Reaction Force
Jan wasn't quite sure what Mariusz had done with the plates but it had certainly made the Baron's scouts even more over confident than they had already been.  He smiled to himself and they mounted back up and continued down the road.

As he studied the approaching column Jan radioed a suggestion to Konrad for target assignments.  "Alpha-1, Charlie-1.  Recommend Bravo takes rear shot at the tank and Charlie takes a flank shot at the lead APC.  Charlie will initiate once our target is level with us.  Alpha should be able to take a shot at the rear of the Humvee as well.  That is unless you want to attack the rear and take out the MTLB based on Delta's thinking?"

Jan then turned to Orso, who had been issued the RPG-7, preparing the plan based on the initial target priorities.  "Unless otherwise directed by the Capitaine your target is the first M113 and mine is the second M113.  We will initiate the ambush once your target is level with us.  Understood?"  He didn't set any target priorities for Minh or Piotr.  There were about to be an excess of infantry to shoot at so he let them pick their own targets!

While he waited to double check that Konrad wasn't changing the plan Jan started aiming at the second M113 with his M203, specifically its left hand (for the driver) track, in the hope that his HEDP round would immobilise the APC.


Jan
Instructing Orso to take a flank shot at the lead M113 with the RPG-7 and aiming his M203 at the second M113, specifically the left hand track
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 6x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster
AK-74 (30/30 rounds - 1 mag total) - slung over shoulder and carried for Minh
Frag Grenade x4

This message was last edited by the player at 13:11, Mon 07 Nov 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2388 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 21:10
Spotted!

Having failed to ferret out the danger lurking in the rubble on both sides of the relief column's route, the scout Humvee has now moved 50m or so past Alpha as it continues on its way down avenue Targowa.

The low, menacing form of the T-72 is up next, crawling right to the edge of the designated kill zone. As the tank edges into the intersection of Targowa and Kepno, one of the riders raises his arm and, pointing in the direction of Bravo, starts shouting furiously. As the tank commander drops into the turret and slamming the hatch above him, the alert rider's three companions atop the MBT's rear deck raise their weapons towards the waiting threat...


Updated Tac-Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...6&mid=1320613124  (Sorry folks- for some reason the map keeps centering back on the stadium.)


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:12, Sun 06 Nov 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 979 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 21:25
Re: Spotted!
Mariusz had followed the Humvee until it went out of his sector and then he switched to the second vehicle. He knew that his HE round would be useless against the tank itself but he hoped that if he had to use it he would be able to cause some damage to the tank riders.

His eyes widened as he saw the riders begin to react and he quickly fired his grenade launcher at the tank in the hope that the blast and ricocheting shrapnel would cause confusion, if not damage among the enemy.

Mariusz
AK-74 30/30
BG-1 1/1 (1 spare)
Firing at the T-72 (where the riders are thicker)

Jan Cerny
 NPC, 1155 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 6 Nov 2011
at 23:06
Re: Spotted!
Seeing one of the passengers on the tank raise the alarm, and point out some members of Bravo team, Jan turned to the rest of his team and hissed a revised set of orders.  "Orso, engage the tank the moment you get a flank shot.  If it stops before that happens then do not waste the rocket.  Minh.  Piotr.  Open fire on the infantry!"

Jan then changed target himself, drawing a bead on the lead M113, now just aiming for the front of the APC rather then risking the angle to target the tracks with an immobilising shot.  He held fire for the moment however, intent on not revealing his position until Orso had taken the primary shot at the tank.


Jan
Instructing Orso to take a flank shot at the tank with the RPG-7 and aiming his M203 at the first M113
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (1/1 HEDP - 6x HE, 3x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster
AK-74 (30/30 rounds - 1 mag total) - slung over shoulder and carried for Minh
Frag Grenade x4

This message was last edited by the player at 13:11, Mon 07 Nov 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2577 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 00:16
Re: Spotted!
Oh shit, we're doomed. Well, we had a good run.

Every instinct screamed at him to open fire immediately, but if he was going down it'd be as a Polish soldier, maintaining his discipline. Besides, the riders were of little consequences as they were in a bank, but even a bank's stout walls would be hard-pressed to protect them from a 125mm fragmentation shell fired at point-blank range.

As he waited for Tuck and Jay to open fire Dawid idly thanked God the Baron wasn't copying the odious Soviet tactic of putting prisoners or, worse yet, civilian hostages on the tank to protect it from rockets and tanks. Perhaps the Baron knew even he couldn't get away with doing that!


Dawid Piotrowski
PKM GPMG (100/100 + 100)
Aimed Opportunity Fire
Bank building, left side of street.

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 74 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 01:08
Re: Spotted!
Piotr shoulders the RPK-74, braces it against his shoulder, resting the barrel and bipod on the shelf of concrete and wood debry he piled up in front of him.

Without hessitation he unloads the full 45 round magazine in long 10 round bursts at the infantry in the lead M-113.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1153 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 10:24
Re: Spotted!
"Fuck!  This is how it all ends," Tucker thinks as he changes his aiming point back to the MBT where the riders are and decides to go for the three who spotted them instead.  He hope Jay is getting ready to engage the tank.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 183 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 11:04
Re: Spotted!
"Mero nunilo gula chus!"*

Jay took aim. However, the tank was not yet level, and he had to wait. Firing now might waste the shot, and the tank was still moving. He waited. Hopefully the others would distract the tank's passengers long enough for Jay to get a clean shot.

While the tank was still moving he would hold his aim. As soon as he had a clear flank shot, or if the tank stopped, or if the barrel of the tank's gun was pointed at him, he would fire, aiming for the weakest area. (I assume somewhere between the turret and the tracks, but my RL knowledge isn't that great).

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Bravo Team
On left flank, preparing to fire RPG at T-72 when shot presents itself
RPG-7 with 1x HEAT
AK74 with GL - 30/30 + 1xHE
Hand grenades - 6xFrag, 1xAT
40mmS - 3xHE
RPG rockets - 1xHEAT


* Lick my salty balls!
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1540 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 13:21
Re: Spotted!
While he waited in position, a fair distance behind the two forward groups, Bayer inserted a HEDP round into his grenade launcher. He then settled in behind some rubble and looked to his two companions beside him to see ensure there positions were good. "The rubble makes for better concealment." he says quietly to them in an effort to boost their confidence.

When the enemy force finally arrived, he remained quiet on the radio, trusting his men and women not to open fire on the lead scout and spoiling the opportunity to kill a more sizable target. There was a time and place for ambushing scouts, but they were here now to kill armor. Keeping his head low, he motions to the UAZ and orders his companions, "Once the shooting starts, you two take out that vehicle. You just keep shooting at it until I say stop. Then when I give the signal, you run and we stay together. Understood?"

"Try not to shoot the wheels."
he adds with a rare but confident smile.

Then as the T72 rolled towards the kill zone, Bayer levels his rifle towards the battle tank and flicks the safety off. He then rests the weapon firmly in his hands, creating a braced fire position with his body on the rubble to support the rifle. Once the first shot is made, Bayer will open up with steady, deliberate fire on the riders - until his targets are gone or an opportunity to engage the next AFV at any angle presents itself. OOC - GM, I'm assuming Bayer doesn't have clear LOS to M113s right?

Bayer (Alpha)
G36 (30/30) + HEDP
Prone/supported & using rubble for cover and concealment
Firing semi-automatic at tank riders until M113 can be engaged

This message was last edited by the player at 14:32, Mon 07 Nov 2011.

Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato
 player, 105 posts
 Sergente Maggiore Capo
 Paracadutisti Incursori
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 14:16
Re: Spotted!
Agast at the complete lack of understanding of what had really happened in the support group and the seemingly non-existant desire to find out for themselves, Orso didn't respond to the statements by Jan which showed a total absence of trust in him. Instead, he bit his tongue, something he seemed to need to do more and more around these people, and just did as he was told, for now...
It probably would have helped matters though if the orders had been clearer.

In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #10):

Orso didn't need to be told what to do, and he certainly wouldn't be wasting the RPG on a simple APC. For that the rifle grenades he carried would be more than sufficient, if not a shot or two with his GL.

In reply to Jan Cerny (msg #13):

He waited, RPG sights resting on the tank. It would need to come to a complete stop before he caressed the trigger sending destruction on it's way.

Orso
Aiming RPG at the T-72 turret
RPG-7V (Russian PG-7M HEAT)
Franchi SPAS-15 (1 slug+6 buckshot) + 6x6 buckshot + 19 slugs (loose) HEAT fitted
Grenade attachment
Armscor MGL Mark 1 (4 HE, 2 smoke/6) + 2xILLUM, 6xHEDP, 2x HE, 3xSmoke
Grenade, M26A1, x6
Grenade, smoke, M18 x2
Mecar BTU rifle grenade, HEAT x2
Swiss Army Knife
Gas Mask
4x Binoculars
RV-2/400 Hand Radio
NO medical supplies

Minh Quyen
 player, 591 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Mon 7 Nov 2011
at 15:47
Re: Spotted!
Quyen remains behind cover listening to the enemy motorized force closing in until she hears Jan's orders to open fire. Then popping up, she pulls the butt of the PKM into her shoulder and takes aim at the infantry riding on the first M113. As soon as her aim is on she will fire 2 bursts at the men (per turn), very gently rocking the gun back and forth to evenly pelt the APC with bullets.

Quyen
Firing at #1 M113 infantry (2 burst/phase)
Bravo Team
PKM <<<using bipod>>> (100/100)

Mines in place:
1 x POMZ-2 - trip
1 x Claymore - command
1 x dual frag grenade - trip

Craig Sutherland
 player, 430 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 8 Nov 2011
at 06:52
Re: Spotted!

Continuing to scan the column of armoured vehicles, Craig did not bother to alert Warren when the team where spotted. He knew he had seen it also.


Sniper Element
Scanning for primary target

Mosin–Nagant Model 1891/30 (5/5)- 4x PE Scope - At shoulder
AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 6x40mm HE- held at arms length
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 10
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2394 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 01:31
First Shots

Alerted to the presence of an ambush force, the T-72 jerks to an abrupt halt; almost simultaneously, the long barrel of its 125mm gun starts swinging towards the people of Bravo. Two of the four tank riders are guns-up, already squeezing the triggers of their AKs (the other two are almost there) when the sudden stop heaves them against the rear of the turret. As a result, their first shots bury themselves in the ground several meters in front of the tank. The T-72 is right at the edge of Kepno intersection.

Mariusz is the first of the ambushers to react. He sends a 40mmS HE grenade towards the men on the T-72's rear deck. The shot is just about perfect. The grenade explodes when it hits some kind of portrusion on the top of the tank's turret, knocking all four riders down in a spray of shrapnel. Before they got a chance to engage, Tucker and Konrad's intended targets have been eliminated. (Mariusz -1 40mmS HE)

The T-72's turret continues to turn, the barrel swinging inexorably towards Bravo...

Jay is the next to respond. He cooly and carefully lines up his shot, placing the crosshairs in the sight of his RPG launcher on the junction between turret and hull, before pulling the trigger. The rocket shoots away, leaving a tell-tale cloud of smoke and masonry dust as it streaks into the tank's turret. It hits with a thunderous explosion, producing a terrific orange fireball and kicking up even more dust. (Jay -1 RPG HEAT)

Despite the smoke and dust obscurring all but the rough outline of the T-72's hulkling form, Dawid sweeps a long burst of MG fire across the road. A pair of green tracers streak into the cloud while spent brass tinkles down the rubble the PKM is resting against. There's no way to know whether the fire did any good beyond settling Dawid's nerves a bit. (Dawid -10 rounds)

It's hard to tell through all of the smoke and dust (especially for Bravo), but the tank's turret is still turning. In just a second or three, it's gun will be pointed squarely at Bravo.

This presents the ambush team on the north side of Targowa with a narrow window of opportunity- as the tank's gun is brought to bear on Bravo, the weaker side armor of the T-72's turret is exposed to Charlie.

Meanwhile, as soon as Mariusz opens the ambush with his bullseye GL shot, Piotr opens up on the riders atop the first M113 APC with his RPK-74. His first burst of ten rounds scythes through the densely packed infantry, dropping at least a couple of men. Minh adds to the carnage with two five-round bursts. Her tracers join Piotr's as they streak into the tumbling mass of men. The men on the far side of the APC jump off and race towards cover on the south side of Targowa. In just a few seconds, the top deck of the first M113 is swept almost clean. In the confusion of the combat's opening moments, it's hard to tell exactly how many enemy have been neutralized, but half-a-dozen at least would be a safe estimate. (Piotr -10 rounds; Minh -10 rounds)

Jan also targets the lead M113, except his target is the APC itself. Jan's 40mm HEDP round explodes against the front glacis of the M113, producing a bright orange flash and a cloud of smoke and dust. The vehicle lurches to a halt. (Jan -1 40mmN HEDP)

The commander's position on the lead M113 is topped by what appears to be an armored cupola. The Charlie's caught a glimpse of it in the interval between the removal of the dismounts and the dust/smoke cloud kicked up by Jan's grenade strike. It's armament is, for the time being, unkown.

There's so much smoke and dust between the lead elements of the enemy armored column and the ambushers that no one but Warren and Sutherland can see beyond the first M113.

The snipers watch as second M113 stops and the 7-10 men atop its roof leap off and scatter towards cover on either side of the road. What was a target-rich environment just seconds before is now becoming much less abundant in terms of prey.

Beyond the second M113, the gunners atop the MTLB are looking for a clear-cut target for their ZU-23-2. Due to their distance from the kill zone and the "friendly" vehicles between it and them, they have no luck. If Warren and Craig open fire on the column, though, and the MTLB's gunners spot them, the twin-barrelled 23mm AA gun could pose a serious threat.

The men aboard the KAMAZ truck bringing up the columns rear begin to dismount and head for cover on both sides of Targowa.

At Alpha's position, Flemming and Monika follow Konrad's orders and open up on the receding Humvee. It continues apace, moving steadily away from the ambush. Looking towards the ambush kill zone, Konrad can't see much beyond the smoke and dust enveloping the T-72 and lead M113.

Combat Summary:

The T-72 has been hit but is apparently still operational. In just a couple of seconds, it will be ready to fire on Bravo, presenting its turret flank to Charlie. The four tank riders on board the MBT have been neutralized.

The lead M113 has been hit by a 40mm HEDP grenade and has stopped. Around 6 of the 10 men that had been riding on its roof have been hit by LSW/LMG fire and/or grenade fragments. 3-4 of the riders are headed towards cover on the south side of Targowa.

The infantry aboard the second M113 are headed into cover on both sides of the street. Only Warren and Sutherland can see this.

The infantry on board the KAMAZ are doing likewise. Again, only Warren and Sutherland can see this. The MTLB is stopped and its gunners looking for targets.



Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...6&mid=1320806128


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:10, Wed 09 Nov 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 344 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 02:06
Re: First Shots
Jeff continues to watch, not moving for fear of the very active MTLB spotting them.  He allows a bit to key the radio "Delta has troops dismounting from second Gavin and the truck.  Tank looks to still be a threat. Out."

The waiting game continues, but the volume has increased.
Arturo 'Orso' Ottenebrato
 player, 110 posts
 Sergente Maggiore Capo
 Paracadutisti Incursori
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 02:37
Re: First Shots
"What the fuck!?" he swore, seeing the RPG round impact uselessly on the front of the turret.
"Told 'em not to fire at the front!"
An RPG of any variety was virtually incapable of more than scratching the composite armour on the front of any Soviet tank built after the 1970's. With only two shots left and two fully functional tanks still on the field...

Orso adjusted his aim slightly. There was no longer any room for error which meant picking out a specific location was no longer a viable option. Sights settled he carressed the trigger.

Orso - Initiative: 5
Firing at side of T-72
RPG-7V (Russian PG-7M HEAT)
Franchi SPAS-15 (1 slug+6 buckshot) + 6x6 buckshot + 19 slugs (loose) HEAT fitted
Grenade attachment
Armscor MGL Mark 1 (4 HE, 2 smoke/6) + 2xILLUM, 6xHEDP, 2x HE, 3xSmoke
Grenade, M26A1, x6
Grenade, smoke, M18 x2
Mecar BTU rifle grenade, HEAT x2
Swiss Army Knife
Gas Mask
4x Binoculars
RV-2/400 Hand Radio
NO medical supplies

This message was last edited by the player at 05:32, Wed 09 Nov 2011.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1545 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 04:00
Re: First Shots
"Withdraw. Move now." Bayer says into his radio as the final attempts to rough up that Baron's armored column are made. He then repeats it over the crackle of gunfire and explosions, and shouts to Flemming and Sawicki, "Let's go... keep firing at the Hummer and stay with me."

Bayer will fire single shots at the men fleeing in the Hummer as bounds with his teammates. Then once they are in cover, he'll break into a run and head for the next rally point (using Mariusz's suggestion in msg #965).

Bayer (ALPHA)
Fire (Hummer) and movement (withdraw) towards cover then running to RV
G36/HK69 (30/30) + HEDP

This message was last edited by the player at 04:01, Wed 09 Nov 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2579 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 05:02
Re: First Shots
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #22):

As planned when the grenades fired he pressed the trigger of the machinegun, firing a burst through the smoke and shower of debris, then realised with horror the tank was still fully operational and targeting them.

It was a disappointment that Jay's rocket hadn't penetrated. As the tank didn't give them a flank then he'd made the best possible shot he could, period. It wasn't like was one of those miracle "top attack" weapons he'd heard about and the projectile couldn't very well curve in flight.

Past time to depart. Hoping it wasn't too late he pushed himself up, yelling, "GO! GO! GO! INCOMING!"

Leaving the PKM and spare ammunition and completely forgetting detonating the Claymore, he grabbed Mariusz and fled deeper into the bank, away from the street. He didn't think twice about leaving the heavy GPMG and spare ammo behind; if he survived he might be able to recover it but for now it would just slow him down. As soon as he had some kind of substantial cover (like a sturdy wall) between them and the tank, he threw himself down.


Dawid Piotrowski
No weapon in hand
Running deeper into bank
Bank on SW side of Targowa

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 186 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 07:27
Re: First Shots
Jay was annoyed that the T-72 had stopped earlier than he had hoped. He had taken the shot as best he could, unfortunately it hadn't come off. Now they were in trouble, with the tank's weapon heading in his direction.

"Move!" he bellowed at Tuck, unsure whether or not the American was aware of the immediate threat. He was quickly up on his feet and running, AK in one hand, empty RPG in the other. He retreated as speedily as he could through the rubble, heading towards the way point.
Jan Cerny
 NPC, 1161 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 10:56
Re: First Shots
“Merde!” muttered Jan as the tank stopped in the middle of the intersection, short of the kill zone they had set up.  The infantry were starting to dismount from the lead M113 so Jan changed his mind about waiting for the shot and fired.  His HEDP round hit and the APC stopped but there was too much dust and smoke for him to be certain whether it was his shot that had stopped the APC or whether it was the driver's decision.

“Orso, if you are happy with the angle then take the shot,” he instructed to the big man next to him, his voice calm despite the noise and mayhem that was breaking out.  “Otherwise we withdraw and set up again.”  He then grabbed the claymore clacker and pressed it several times, setting off the claymore, more with the intention of adding to the chaos in the street than actually inflicting any further casualties.  Maybe it would prompt someone to diver further into cover and trigger a mine though!

Hearing Konrad’s order to withdraw over the radio, Jan turned and called over to Minh and Piotr.  “Minh, withdraw now into the rubble and set up to cover us.  Piotr, one more burst then withdraw as well!”  He then lowered his voice and spoke once again to the man beside him.  "Orso we withdraw after you take the shot or now if the angle is not good enough."

Jan then dropped the clacker and started to reload his M203 with a HE round.


Jan
Ordering Orso to use his judgement regarding taking the shot, setting off the claymore, ordering Minh and Piotr to withdraw and reloading his M203.
F88 Steyr AUG (30/30 rounds - 7 mags total) - held
 - Underslung M203 (0/1 - 6x HE, 2x HEDP & 1x ILLUM total)
Sig Sauer P226 (15/15 rounds - 4 mags total) - holster
AK-74 (30/30 rounds - 1 mag total) - slung over shoulder and carried for Minh
Frag Grenade x4

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 980 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 16:11
Re: First Shots
Mariusz felt Dawid's insistent tug and turned to run. He followed the older Pole and yelled to him, "We rally by the old bus station if we can."

Mariusz
AK-74 30/30 BG1 0/1 91 left in pouch)
Running away from the big gun

Piotr Pawlowski
 player, 76 posts
 Starszy Sierzant
 Motor Rifles
Thu 10 Nov 2011
at 02:05
Re: First Shots
Piotr hears Jan's orders and gives whatever enemy troops remain another solid 10 round burst.


Piotr Pawlowski
RPK-74 Scoped (25/45) + 6x45
2 Frags

This message was last edited by the player at 02:55, Thu 10 Nov 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1158 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 10 Nov 2011
at 02:38
Re: First Shots
Mrityunjay Byanjankar:
Jay was annoyed that the T-72 had stopped earlier than he had hoped. He had taken the shot as best he could, unfortunately it hadn't come off. Now they were in trouble, with the tank's weapon heading in his direction.

"Move!" he bellowed at Tuck, unsure whether or not the American was aware of the immediate threat. He was quickly up on his feet and running, AK in one hand, empty RPG in the other. He retreated as speedily as he could through the rubble, heading towards the way point.

Tucker pulls up from his shot with his grenade launcher and seeing that Jay's round didn't penetrate the tanks armor.  It looked like that thery were spotted and it was certainly time to go.  He got up to move when Jay yelled to him and Robert made sure that Jay was in front of him so he could cover him, if needed, since he was still carrying the RPG.  Tuck quickly moved off behind Jay because he knew the tank's turret was traversing towards the building and hopefully Orso would do some good with the other launcher.