Ch. 17: The Battle of Warsaw (Part II)   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2599 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 10:09
Re: Round 2
In reply to Mrityunjay Byanjankar (msg #56):

"That was a good shot you took, my friend, perhaps that helped save us."

He coughed some more, ears still ringing. As they moved he briefed his team, getting them into some kind of order.

"Okay, we'll travel as a diamond along the right side of the road. Jay in front, Tucker in rear, Mariusz and I in middle. I know we should go in pairs along both sides but I don't want to split us up while moving because we have to go quickly."

"If the Baron is using Warsaw Pact tactics then he will deploy and methodically assault our last position to clear the ambush. Still, they could catch up in vehicles. Plus, that UAZ is unaccounted for. As rearguard if someone makes contact with us we try and ambush again from hasty positions.

If we are faced with armoured vehicles we'll pick off the riders while Jay uses a rocket. If the tank has survived, then the best we can hope for is another flank shot, or try for the treads. If it's immobile that will serve our purposes well enough, perhaps the 9th can then capture it?"

"Keep mopving!"



Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
PKM (90/100 + 44)
Moving SE towards Stadium
Right side of Street

This message was last edited by the player at 11:47, Tue 15 Nov 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1161 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 11:26
Re: Round 2
Mrityunjay Byanjankar:
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #45):

Back at the RV point, Jay coughed a final cloud of brick dust out of his lungs. He looked over at Tuck, Dawid and Mariusz. All were alive, albeit a little dusty and spattered with blood. They looked like a ghosts, just slightly better armed.

"We live! Is good!" he exclaimed, with a big grin on his face, his ears were still ringing from the tank blast. As they awaited further orders he found a good cover position and lined his grenade launcher up where he thought infantry would be likely to appear from.

Tucker makes it back to the rally point with the others, very dusty and very beat up.  He looks over to Jay with a smile, "Is very good my friend!"

He looks across and sees Minh and that she's all right.  He walks over to her when she's done passing of the PKM MG to Dawid, "Glad to see you again.  You OK?"
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2602 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 21:32
Re: Round 2
In reply to Robert 'Tuck' Tucker (msg #58):

With a start, Dawid jogged ahead to catch up Konrad.

"Kaptain! This is important: have we contacted the snipers yet? Is there anything we can do to assist them?"

"They are our Ace card we should be thinking of maximising their chances of success before seeing to our own affairs."

"If they require some kind of diversion or other activity to help them, I volunteer to do whatever I can. If that means firing a few bursts to harass them or even lead a diversionary attack, I will lead it, personally. I feel strongly about it, if the snipers have a chance to end it now then it's worth the risk."

"Probably all that will be needed is to wait for the snipers to fire, then fire a burst at long range to keep peoples' heads down to help them break contact. I don't need the machinegun, a Kalashnikov will do. And a smoke grenade to help me get out myself?"


He looked determined, yet perhaps a little resigned. Doing this would put him back into grave danger. Still, if they had a chance to strike then he was determined to take it despite the cost. He sighed.

"Damn it, we were almost out of the jaws of the Dragon. Once more into the breach."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:13, Tue 15 Nov 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2408 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 00:26
SNAFU

Sniper Detachment

Despite the near certainty of being detected, and the presence of a hostile enemy force just one floor below them, Warren and Craig agree to take the shot- they might not get another chance this good to decapitate the Black Legion.

The sharp reports of both snipers' rifles echoes out into the street nearly simultaneously. (Warren -1 round; Craig -1 round)

The Baron drops before he hears the gunshots, struck in the both the left leg and in the torso. The two black men- personal bodyguards, presumably- immediately grab the Baron and drag him behind the MTLB, accompanied by the other officers present. The enemy infantry still on the street scatter like cockroaches, seeking cover. Dozens of eyes sweep the area, searching for the hostile shooters. Hopeful fire is directed to likely spots.

As soon as the Baron falls, Craig switches out his old Mosin-Nagant for this Soviet 40mm grenade launcher. Hastily taking aim, he fires. The grenade bursts about a dozen meters behind the MTLB, and about the same distance from the idling KAMAZ truck. There's no telling what kind of casualties and/or damage is produced by the exploding grenade. (Craig -1 40mmS HE grenade)

As Craig readies his quick grenade shot, Warren pushes himself up and away from the hole in the building behind which the snipers had been proned out behind. Putting on his gask mask, Warren heads for the door to the stairwell. Men are shouting down below, at least three or four of them. With his silenced SOCOM pistol in one hand, Warren tosses the CS grenade down the stairwell to the second floor landing below. Just as he does so, a man's upper body appears in the doorway opening on to the landing, head and shoulders poised behind an AK which is pointed roughly in Warren's direction. The man notices the tubling CS cannister and he pulls back out of sight. Popping and hissing, the grenade starts spewing forth thick, white, caustic smoke. Into the stairwell and, hopefully, into the second floor where the enemy building clearing team is currently situated. (Warren/Craig -1 CS grenade)

Craig, meanwhile, is also pulling back from the hole in the exterior wall. Several of the alerted enemy in the street below had noticed where the grenade shot had come from and are starting to direct fire at the spot. Craig just caught a glimpse of the MTLB gunners cranking the twin barrels of their ZU-23-2 AA gun towards the upper levels of the building as he moved away from the hole. As he joins Warren at the door to the stairwell, the ZU starts chewing up the upper floors of the building, pelting it with 23mm HE rounds. (The doorway is far away enough from the impact site that they don't need to worry about being hit quite yet- once the guns have blasted through the exterior, though, they could be in significant danger.)

Main Body

Meanwhile, back at the second rally point, Dawid proposes going back to find/assist the sniper detachment. Not to be outdone, Orso volunteers to go along.

"You may be an asshole, but you're not going alone."

OOC: Konrad?

Landing Force

Led by Griet, a small team of seasoned G-K militia fighters is landed by inflatable on the east bank of the Vistula, roughly due west of the second rally point. They're bringing the Mk-19 AGL along with them. Lugging the heavy but powerful weapon, they make their way towards a collapsed railway overpass near the Kommando's current position- a natural chokepoint should the Baron's force decide to pursue the ambushers or push on towards the stadium-fort on the way to the granary/HQ complex.


Updated Tac-map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...6&mid=1321417060


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:35, Wed 16 Nov 2011.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2605 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 00:55
Re: SNAFU
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #60):
quote:
Meanwhile, back at the second rally point, Dawid proposes going back to find/assist the sniper detachment. Not to be outdone, Orso volunteers to go along.

"You may be an asshole, but you're not going alone."


"Fitting words for our tombstones! Someone give me a damn rifle and some magazines, and let us both go!"

Dawid wasn't surprised at Orso's volunteering. Clearly, the man had a screw loose but he definitely wasn't lacking for balls. He'd called Dawid a coward and so he was damned if he'd let himself be shown up by his nemesis. Though he'd never mention it, Dawid was grateful for the assistance, no matter what the motive.

"We shall see you at the Stadium or on the other side!"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:19, Wed 16 Nov 2011.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 356 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 01:14
Re: SNAFU
Keeping his pistol pointed where the man exposed himself, but still leaning back a ways to make for a harder incoming shot, Jeff says "Got a team on the second floor.  There.  Toss a grenade and then let's get to the roof."  Anyone who sticks even a hair out will get a double tap, the more he can spare the merrier.  He waits a half second after Craig throws his grenade at the squad, and then throws his own frag where he saw the enemy.

As soon as the grenade is in the air, Jeff calls "Move." and proceeds to head for the stairs.  His intention is to get to the roof, and jump to the building to the SE and work there way away from there.  Contact with the Commandos would have to wait, if it could be established at all.  Once he's clear of the stairwell and when he has a second he will remove the mask again.


Jeff Warren
Covering second floor landing, tossing Frag Grenade at enemy clearing team, moving to escape route up stairs
Mk.23 SOCOM [13/13] + 2, SVU-AS slung
6 Frag Grenades, 4 Smoke

This message was last edited by the player at 21:10, Wed 16 Nov 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 436 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 06:58
Re: SNAFU

Craig pulls the pins on two grenades and throws one to where Warren indicated the squad was, he then let the lever fly on the second as he dropped it down the stair well.

"Up it is."

He reloads the grenade launcher as they clamber up the stairs.



Sniper Element
Moving up

AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 5x40mm HE - At shoulder
Mosin–Nagant Model 1891/30 (5/5)- 4x PE Scope
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 10

This message was last edited by the player at 18:39, Wed 16 Nov 2011.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 193 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 09:52
Re: SNAFU
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
"We shall see you at the Stadium or on the other side!"


Jay looked on as Dawid and Orso prepared to lead a rallying charge. He knew he couldn't retreat at this point. Comrades were in danger, and the Gurkha in him took charge. To run now would shame his family and all he believed in. He was no coward to flee in the face of the enemy.

He looked Dawid square in the face. "I come too," he said simply. His facial expression indicated that this wasn't something he was going to debate - he was going to stay and fight with his new-found friends.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
Bravo Team
Preparing to stay and fight
RPG-7 - empty
AK74 with GL - 30/30 + 1xHE
Hand grenades - 6xFrag, 1xAT
40mmS - 3xHE
RPG rockets - 1xHEAT

This message was last edited by the player at 09:55, Wed 16 Nov 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1162 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 11:47
Re: SNAFU
In reply to Mrityunjay Byanjankar (msg #64):

Tucker just rolls his eyes at this all star line-up going in to help the sniper team try and get out.  He stands and says, "God love's assholes, and you two," pointing at Dawid and Orso, "aren't going in without me!  We got men in the field who need help.  Let's get 'em back!  No offense Jay."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1556 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 16:09
Re: SNAFU
"No." Bayer says flatly. "Mr. Warren and Lieutenant Sutherland volunteered for a solo mission in which they were not to expect support on. They wouldn't have stepped forward for something like that if they couldn't handle themselves."

Pointing towards the river, he continues with his hard choice, "Griet has come forward with our allies from Gora Kalwaria who have volunteered to risk themselves to help us. They are waiting for us as we speak and we need everyone on the line because that is where this will end."

Bayer then says, "Dawid, leave the machinegun and the ammunition, and you can go... but I'm not splitting up the group any further just for a diversion, so Sergeant Tucker and Jay are to stay." Then looking at Orso, he waves him off and adds, "You aren't one of us so you can do as you wish."

"Quyen, take the machinegun. Sergeant Tucker you are in command of Bravo team."

Bayer then extends the antenna on his radio all the way up and tries to contact Warren and Craig.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:04, Wed 16 Nov 2011.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 983 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 18:30
Re: SNAFU
Mariusz looked over at Dawid and said, "Take my gun, it has one HE in the launcher."

He handed the rifle over and said, "Mihn, I'll act as your assistant, is there anything you want me to carry?"
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 574 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 18:53
Re: SNAFU
Griet spoke to her team quickly, "Our objective is the group of buildings just to the right of where the railway line used to cross Targowa. Team One, you deploy at ground level in an L-shaped ambush, machine guns will be the short arm of the L. The rest of us will get higher up in the building next to the motorcycle shop, or what's left of it. We'll initiate the ambush with the grenade launcher. Move. We needed to be there yesterday."

She began moving quickly toward the objective wondering why she was putting her ass on the line again. If the Baron kept Warsaw, the Queen was hers, all she was doing was reuniting her father with a family she'd never met and adding a whole set of legitimate rivals to her claim. She shrugged, that didn't matter now, what mattered was getting into position to save her comrades. Comrades meant more than any ship, any materiel they would lose or expend in this battle, some people lost focus on that.

Now she moved toward battle once more risking her life not for riches or honour but for the most important reason of all, to help her friends.

"Shift your asses," she said, "let's show these bastards who's really calling teh shots on the Wistula."
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 194 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Wed 16 Nov 2011
at 20:25
Re: SNAFU
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #66):

Jay went to protest, but stopped himself. He had been given a direct order, and whilst he may not like it, he would do as he was told.
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2612 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 00:13
Re: SNAFU
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #66):

Not wanting to waste any time over expressing disappointment, Dawid nodded as he passed the MG to Mariusz. "Yes sir! Understood."

Nodding a wordless thanks to Tucker and Jay, he took the AK/BG-15 and stuffed any spare magazines into his chest harness.

"Sir, I suggest moving the Queen north so that if we retreat to the river, they can pick us up and/or bring weapons to bear on pursuers. Let me know over the radio if this is possible, code word is "Castled". Regardless, good luck and may the Black Madonna protect you."

The decision was out of his hands now so regardless, it was time to move out with Orso.


OOC: At least a few spare mags would do nicely!

This message was last edited by the player at 00:30, Thu 17 Nov 2011.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2411 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 01:40
Rescue and Reunion

Snipers

Three hand grenades explode in quick succession- two on the second floor landing and one on the stairway leading from said landing down to the first floor. As Warren and Craig run up the stairs to the ruined fourth floor, there is a burst of gunfire from below- someone on the second floor is shooting out on to the landing. The enemy must have been expected an assault would follow the frags; they apparently did not consider the possibility of an upward escape. The blast produced by the grenades has cleared some of the CS gas from the stairwell, but there's still enough trapped there to dissuade and/or hamper pursuit. (Warren & Craig -3 frags)

The two snipers crawl over some rubble in the uppermost section of the stairwell and squeeze through a tight gap leading to daylight. They emerge on to fourth floor, which is now the buildings de-facto roof. From here, there are several large gashes leading into the upper floor of the building next door. Another short burst of 23mm HE explodes against the building's north-facing wall, just a few feet below the lip of the fourth floor/"roof". Smoke and dust from the exploding HE rounds drifts towards them. With all of the debris on the "roof", neither man is likely visible to those on the ground. If there are enemy in the upper floors of the buildings across the street, however...

Rescue/Diversion Team

Dawid and Orso run back towards the ambush site, following the same route they used to leave it just a quarter of an hour before. When they move through a damaged building to where they can look out on to Targowa, about 200m from the Kepno intersection, they notice quite a bit of activity around the cold kill zone and their former ambush positions. One of the M113s is now between them and the damaged/killed T-72 and enemy dismounts- many in at least partial cover and all on high alert- are scattered throughout the area. Orso, panting due to the exertion, is first to speak, "I'll use this mean motherfucker to blast the shit out of that Gavin. You do whatever the fuck you feel. Capisce?" He does Dawid the courtesy of waiting a few seconds before he levels his fancy, semi-auto grenade launcher at the near M113 and starts counting in a measured, theatrical cadence, "On thee. One. Two..."

Kommando's Main Body

Konrad leads the rest of the Kommandos towards the rendezvous point with Griet and her G-K militia landing force. The stress and exertion of combat is starting to wear on everyone a little bit. The fallen rail overpass is within view. Griet's team and the Queen's Mk-19 AGL- a welcome force multiplier- should be arriving their soon as well.

Griet's Landing Force

The Mk-19 is slowing the men down. They trade off shifts lugging the thing and follow the torn-up tracks towards the rendezvous. They spot the Kommandos as soon as the Kommandos spot them. It's been several days since either party has seen the other. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of time to celebrate and catch up on recent events.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:23, Fri 18 Nov 2011.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 437 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 05:41
Re: Rescue and Reunion


Hold up a second. Cover me, check for movement in the other buildings.

Craig grabs a FRAG grenade and pulls the pin and rests a large piece of rubble on it at the entrance to the roof. He puts in such a position that someone will have to move it to get through.

Then staying low, he follows Warren south along the roofs.


Sniper Element
Moving low

AK-74/BG-15 (45/45) + 5x45 (1/1 HE) + 5x40mm HE- At shoulder
Mosin–Nagant Model 1891/30 (5/5)- 4x PE Scope - Slung
Browning HP (18/20) w/ silencer + 2x20 - holstered
F-1 FRAG Grenade x 08
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2614 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 09:37
Re: Rescue and Reunion
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg #71):

"Wow, finally getting to use that thing, eh?

"Fine, on your mark. I'll aim for the dismounts. "


Snugging the AK to his shoulder and flipping up the grenade sight, he aimed the GL and waited for Orso to fire.


Dawid Piotrowski
AK-74/BG-74 (30/30 + 1 HE, 4x spare mags)
Aiming GL at dismounts on N side, then running like hell. Firing GL only.
Storefront, SE side of Targowa.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:12, Fri 18 Nov 2011.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1163 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 11:30
Re: SNAFU
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski:
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg #66):

Not wanting to waste any time over expressing disappointment, Dawid nodded as he passed the MG to Mariusz. "Yes sir! Understood."

Nodding a wordless thanks to Tucker and Jay, he took the AK/BG-15 and stuffed any spare magazines into his chest harness.

Not very happy about being left with the main group, Tucker returns Dawid's nod and shakes his hand before followong Bayer's orders.  "Bravo Team!  Form up on me!"
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 363 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 13:21
Re: SNAFU
"Yeah."  Jeff covers Craig's back as he sets the grenade.  As soon as that's done, the pair moves farther along the roof.  Jeff pauses halfway to slowly and carefully scan the building across the way, doing his most to maximize his stealth as he does so.  If it's clear he'll move to the southern lip of the building.
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 984 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 17:08
Re: SNAFU
Mariusz gave Dawid as many of his six magazines as the man wanted and then looked at the PKM, "Do you want me to carry it til we get into position?" he asked Mihn, "I haven't got a gun now."

Once he had sorted that issue out, he continued toward the rally point.
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 575 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 17:11
Re: SNAFU
"Get the ambush set up," Griet said to her team, "Get the Mk 19 as high up as we can."

Once she got to talk to Bayer, "We're setting up the ambush here, the Queen will move to take up position near the old railway bridge by the stadium, if there's any chance for the shot with the Rapira it's there."
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 196 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 23:22
Re: SNAFU
Just before they headed off, Jay passed Dawid a full AK74 mag and a 40mmS HE grenade. With a silent nod he wished him luck, and hoped he would see the Pole again.

At Tuck's call he turned and followed the American. If Mariusz is now unarmed he will offer him his Makarov, although he has no spare mags for it.

OOC - Rae, please can you delete 1xAK74 mag and 1xHE 40mm from my char sheet.
Jan Cerny
 NPC, 1175 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 18 Nov 2011
at 16:32
Re: SNAFU
Jan nodded in greeting to Griet.  Lengthy formalities would have to wait for a more peaceful opportunity.

"Capitaine, is this the best place for an ambush?" he asked Konrad and any others present.  "I do not think that the Baron will walk into an ambush in the same way again.  I think that he will have infantry sweeping the route and the buildings on each side as they move forward down the road so we will end up engaging them rather than his vehicles.  Should we move back from the road, let him pass and then attack the rear of his column?  Or do we wish to engage his infantry now?"
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2414 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 19 Nov 2011
at 18:20
Re: SNAFU

Snipers

After Craig sets the booby trap fragmentation grenade, he and Warren make their way cautiously to the southern edge of the roof. Along the way they search for a way down into the building but find none. The next building over has had its entire top floor collapsed by a shell hit. In order to get there, Warren and Craig will need to jump down about 10 feet or so. As of yet, the enemy on the far side of the street has given them no indication that they've been seen. A dull, muffled explosion from behind them seems to indicate that their pursuers have found Craig's little gift. Hopefully, this will buy the fleeing snipers even more time. (Craig -1 more fragmentation HG)

Rescue Team

Down at street level, half a block south of the retreating snipers, Orso and Dawid initiate their diversionary attack. Orso takes aim at the parked M113 at about 150 meters and opens fire. The APC errupts in flashes and sprays of incandescent sparks as four 40mm HEDP grenades explode against its hull. Two more grenades sail high, exploding against the building behind the target. Dawid fires his borrowed single-shot GL as well, instead targeting a group of infantry on near the M113. His 40mm S HE grenade lands in their midst, knocking two men down with blast and shrapnel and likely wounding one or two more. As Orso cracks open his Milkor six-shot GL to reload, the M113 starts to back up. Despite four hits of 40mm HEDP, the vehicle appears to be fully operational. As it back away from the threat, the track's gunner behind his armored gun shield swivels his heavy machine gun towards the source of the attack. (Orso -6 40mmN HEDP; Dawid -1 40mmS HE)

When Dawid attempts to pull Orso back away from the windows, Orso wrenches his burly, tattooed arm free. Taken aback by the ferocity of Orso's reaction, Dawid stumbles on a hunk of rumble and falls on his ass a meter or two deeper into the room. Orso looks down at him with unmasked disdain, "You wanna punk out pussy, go ahead. I'm stayin'." Before Dawid can argue, a burst of 12.3mm rounds rips through the big Italian-American's torso, tearing him apart in a spray of blood and viscera. His lifeless corpse is buffeted backwards and he flops down on Dawid's legs. Dawid kicks himself free and, after failing to spot where Orso's valuable grenadle launcher fell, retreats into the back of the building. Another burst of 12.7mm rounds smashes into the now lifeless room behind him, tearing into the concrete walls in little explosions of dust. The large caliber fire is joined by copious amounts of small arms fire as well. The diversion, although costly, appears to have been successful.

Main Force (Kommando and G-K Militia)

As the groups attempts to organize a second ambush, Flemming, now monitoring the Baron's frequencies, reports to the command team,

"It sounds like the enemy force at the granary is holding firm but they're souding pretty desperate. It also sounds like the armored column is going to be taking another route to get there. Our boys are still giving them what-for. The tank isn't dead yet either but it sounds like the main gun's down. I doubt they'll be coming through this way."

There's no hope that the Kommando and its reinforcements will be able to get back in front of the relief force's path on foot. Furthermore, there are a few alternate routes the Baron's relief force can take. If the group picks the wrong one, it could end up chasing the enemy. If the Baron's armor arrives at the granary before the Kommando does, the Baron's hand will be much harder to beat. Hopefully, Butterfly is still available to chauffeur them in her Zil cargo truck. With wheels, the Kommando could likely get there first.


Next Moves?
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 364 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sat 19 Nov 2011
at 23:50
Re: SNAFU
Jeff simply says "Over."  He looks for a relatively flat area to drop to in order to avoid twisting his ankle.  Straddling the ledge and then lowering himself down, he'll carefully lower himself with his arms.  Once he and Craig are at the bottom, he'll start working along the new roof, looking for a way down into the building as their pursuers continue to follow.

Even with the new and unexpected explosions in the street below, there is still no time to contact the Kommandos.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:06, Tue 22 Nov 2011.