Ch. 18-1: Plock.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Minh Quyen
 player, 658 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Fri 16 Nov 2012
at 21:22
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Quyen pauses to watch the firepower light up the night and riverside. She then turns her attention back to the situation at hand and continues moving with the group. As she moves up the hill she watches the top of the castle imagining them storming it and ending the Baron and the rediculous Queen. So close now.

Ferro
PKM (100/100)
Moving with group

Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 49 posts
 Dutch
 Marine Commando
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 00:02
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jan Cerny:
"Thijs," he whispered.  "Should we head south east through that ruin or go round it to the east?"

"Through might be a problem," Thijs whispered back.  He did not specify that there were likely to be defenders inside.  "Better to go around.  Stay low and in the shadows.  Be careful when we get to the street."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2671 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 00:55
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

As the Wisla Krolowa completes its turn, the Plock mortarboys score another improbable hit. There's a bright flash and tug shudders as a second 82mm HE bomb explodes somewhere on board. It sounds like it hit aft of the bridge.

After moving Gunther's faceless corpse out of the way, Dawid starts searching for a target for the reloaded Vasilek. He's lost track of the exact location of the hilltop mortar position, but he's fairly certain he has pretty good idea of where it is. The problem is going to be hitting it. Being that it is in defilade on the crest of the hill, direct fire from the tug's gun deck won't be able to affect it. Indirect fire from a moving target is unlikely to result in a hit either, and even a near miss could strike the cathedral or, heaven forbid, the assault team. The other obvious target, the eastern HMG position, is currently strangely silent; it may not stay that way. Finding it, however, is going to be a bit of an issue (since there's no muzzle flash to home in on at the moment). The smoke from the first round of WP has already dispersed quite a bit. It will soon disipate to the degree that it won't have much of an effect on the defenders' visibility. A dozen or four child soldiers continue to plink away at the tug with their small arms.

The tug begins the reverse leg of its diversion mission course. McClurg is down, status unkown* and, with Gunther KIA, Dawid is operating the crew-served automortar all by himself. (OOC: *Connolly can check on him but there's no intercom at his position so she'll have no way of letting the bridge team his status besides yelling really loud- I'm assuming that the bridge, currently manned by Griet and Walter, is fully buttoned down with armored shutters and whatnot. I need to know tug speed, heading (straight, weaving, zig-zag etc.), and who, if anyone, is currently manning the starboard Dishka and aft AGS/PKM).




Minh tries to spot the tug on the water down below. The hilltop offers a really good view of the river. Fortunately for the Krolowa, a thin white haze (an opaque grey in the darkness) still screens the tug from the nearby HMG position. While she looks on, there's a flash on the river where the tug might be, followed a second later by a rumbling boom. The Krolowa is clearly catching hell. In a minute or so, the western HMG will most likely have a clear shot at her.

The point element makes a hard left turn and heads east-southeast, attempting to bypass the ruined "Prince's Castle" on its north side through a thinly wooded area. 30m on, they spot a trio of kids running west at a jog. Two of them are draped in long belts of ammunition; the third carries some kind of scoped bolt-action rifle. They're about 30m away and probably headed for the HMG position the assault team has just bypassed. One of the boys notices the assault team (making distant eye contact with Jan)approaching through the shadows but he doesn't say anything to his friends- he just keeps jogging along.


Updated tac-map: https://maps.google.com/maps/m...pn=0.010101,0.033023


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:42, Sat 17 Nov 2012.

Craig Sutherland
 player, 568 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 01:40
Re: Return to Witch Mountain


With their luck still holding, Craig moves forward with the group holding his fire. As they approach the ruins he tries to get a visual on the mortar he knew was firing on the queen, even if it was just a firing signature.

He will relay the information to Konrad and let him make the call to the tug.

Assault Squad
Trying to ID mortar location

HK G3SG/1 (w/ Zeiss 1.5-6 x 42 mm Telescopic Sight)[20/20] w/14 magazines
Browning HP-35 (w/ silencer) [20/20] w/2 magazines
Kukri
Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 692 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 09:09
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
With shrapnel raining down all around, Griet remained relatively ignorant to what was going on on the boat itself due to the closed-up hatches surrounding the bridge. She keyed the intercom to reply to Dawid, "Keep your head down! I'm going to have to run in closer to the shore, their mortar is cutting us to pieces."

She switched quickly to the radio and said, "Queen to Sunray, we have lost fifty percent of our gunners and have been hit twice by mortar fire." She relayed the estimated position of the mortar the Kaptain and continued, "One more hit and we'll be combat ineffective. That mortar needs to go."

She pushed the tug's speed up by a kilometer and headed closer to the bank, trying to narrow the angle of the mortar fire in the hope that it would become less accurate.

She looked over to where she hoped that Kellerman would start firing the other Dushka sometime soon, with no one on the aft gun position due to lack of personnel, it was teh only effective suppression weapon they had left.
Jan Cerny
 player, 1419 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 20:28
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
As the boy looked at him, but then ignored him and carried on running, Jan raised and then lowered his SMG slightly.  If the boy had reacted in any other way then Jan would have had to open up and drop him but Konrad's instructions were clear.  They needed to push on to the objective and avoid unnecessary engagements so Jan was happy to let the boys go and continue bypassing the defensive positions protecting Plock.  The Baron was their primary objective.

Griet's transmission was rather alarming however as it was starting to sound like the assault team needed to divert attention away from the Queen by making their presence known.

He kept on pushing eastwards though, skirting the ruined building and leading his section further towards the objective, hoping that the three boys would continue on to where they were going without interrupting the assault teams progress.


Jan
Ignoring the three boys and leading everyone on the route that Thijs has indicated
PM-84 SMG with Suppressor (25/25 - 25rnd mag x4) - carried
AK-74 Assault Rifle (30/30 - 30rnd mag x11) - slung over shoulder
BG-15 Grenade Launcher (1/1 HE - HE x19) - underslung on AK-74
P226 Pistol (15/15 - 15rnd mag x4) - holster
M72A4 LAW - slung over shoulder
Frag grenade x2 - webbing pouch
Smoke grenade x2 - webbing pouch
AN/PVS-5 NVGs - worn

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2940 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 18 Nov 2012
at 03:04
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Griet Niewiadomska (msg # 705):

"Okay! It's just lucky shooting, but bad luck for us. I'll hold fire until someone can point out the mortar."

For the mean time he kept his head down as he peeked out, trying to see if he could spot the flash of muzzle fire from the enemy mortar. If the mortar crew could see the tug the tug should be able to see them in return.


Dawid
82mm Vasilek (5/5 HEDP + 2 WP, 8 HE)
Forward gun tub
Holding Fire, aiming at the mortar's general position

This message was last edited by the player at 16:42, Sun 18 Nov 2012.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 426 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sun 18 Nov 2012
at 09:53
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jay maintained his noise discipline, and kept low as the squad advanced. He looked around at potential threats, and kept an eye open for good fire positions in case firing started.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1391 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 18 Nov 2012
at 23:04
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
As this latesxt group of kids rushes by, Tucker thinks that their luck will not be lasting too much longer.  He shiftes the SOCOM pistol into his support hand andthen moves next to Konrad, "Hey boss!  Listen, this may go away from our plan but, I think we need to move on that MG nest where those kids just ran towards.  Splitting up may not be the brightest idea right now but, I think me and one other should be able to knock out the nest, hopefully quietly with suppressed weapons.  If we can take over the nest, we can use it to suppress other targets around here.  Craxy huh?"

TUCKER

H&K MK23 SOCOM (Suppressed) [11/12] - Current primary
M16A2 / M-203: [30/30] / M-203 HE Loaded - Slung
Browning HP [13/13] Holstered (Vest)

This message was last edited by the player at 23:06, Sun 18 Nov 2012.

Minh Quyen
 player, 659 posts
 Spec-4
 U.S. Army Military Police
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 01:56
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Quyen sees the likely impact on the tug and taps Bayer on the shoulder. She points over to where only the rumbling can be heard now and says "That's them over there. Sounds bad." She then whispers to him following Tuck's comment "If it comes down to losing the Baron because we got distracted and went to help the Krolowa... everyone will understand."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:57, Mon 19 Nov 2012.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1744 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 02:38
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Bayer paused on the hillside as the tactical situation unfolded and several of his teammates quietly conferred with him. The old Bayer, the one that existed up until only a year ago, would have immediately silenced them and told them to keep moving - the mission comes first. But things were different now, he was different, and they weren't racing Marders across the countryside as part of a larger unit either. There were no Generals to answer to, only the respect and confidence from his men and women.

Looking at Jan, or rather the single cyclopes-like lens staring back him, Bayer whispers over the noise, "Take your team and get rid of that fucking mortar. The Queen will need to deal with the machineguns on her own. Make it quick and then link back up with us."

Bayer then taps Tucker on the shoulder and says, "Lead us in. If we're compromised, I want speed and violence all the way." He didn't like splitting his already horribly undermanned force, but figured if things would fall apart because of his decision, then it was for a good reason.

"Griet... Bayer." he says into his radio next. "Working on doing something about that mortar. Deal with the guns. Over."

Bayer
Splitting the assault force

This message was last edited by the player at 03:24, Mon 19 Nov 2012.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2941 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 03:37
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Konrad Bayer (msg # 711):

Hearing the call over the radio, Dawid used the intercom to advise Griet, "I believe the mortar was just lucky. If the Kapitan would like to do something about it, have him mark the target with smoke or a flare. I can do the rest with a fragmentation round."
Jan Cerny
 player, 1421 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 09:06
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Konrad Bayer:
Looking at Jan, or rather the single cyclopes-like lens staring back him, Bayer whispers over the noise, "Take your team and get rid of that fucking mortar. The Queen will need to deal with the machineguns on her own. Make it quick and then link back up with us."

"Oui mon Capitaine," replied Jan as he signalled to Craig, Quyen and Thijs and then led them off in the direction of the mortar.

"Thijs, if you know a quick route to the mortar then say now," he added as the set out.
Jeff D. Warren
 player, 489 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 10:27
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
"Once we get in close I'll look for a nest to set up.  Can't exactly clear rooms with this rifle."

Jeff continues to pull security while waiting for final movements.  If he has a shot, he'll line it up on the MG and wait.
Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 50 posts
 Dutch
 Marine Commando
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 18:07
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jan Cerny:
"Thijs, if you know a quick route to the mortar then say now," he added as the set out.

"Just continue the way we have been going, then turn south once we reach the street.  The mortar pit is about 100 meters south.  We would be going past an entrance to the cathedral, so there might be guards.  Again, keep to the shadows to stay out of sight from the checkpoint to the north."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:45, Mon 19 Nov 2012.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1422 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 19 Nov 2012
at 20:08
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Thijs van Lincklaen:
"Just continue the way we have been going, then turn south once we reach the street.  The mortar pit is about 100 meters south.  We would be going past an entrance to the cathedral, so there might be guards.  Again, keep to the shadows to stay out of sight from the checkpoint to the north."

"OK," replied Jan.  "We go single file for the moment and keep to the shadows.  I will lead, then Thijs, then Quyen and then Craig coming last."
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2673 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 01:27
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

The assault team presses on, skirting the wrecked castle and cutting south towards the main entrance of the cathedral. Up ahead, near the gaping hole that used to be at least partially covered by large, ornately-carved double doors, stand a pair of sentries. One is relatively short, but his impressive paunch and several days' worth of facial growth, indicate his adulthood. About the other there can be no mistake; he's tall, ebon-skinned, and built like a professional boxer. Both are armed. They half-stand, half-crouch behind a barricade made of broken masonry watching the duel between the young Plockites and the Wisla Krolowa. The muzzle flash of a heavy machinegun firing nearby intermitently illuminates the area with irregular pulses of orange light. Smaller muzzle flashes blink from the badly scarred castle wall above and to the right of the assaulters. Fortunately, their attention is still captivated by the tug on the river below. As Thijs and Tucker lead the team in, the stocky white man at the cathedral entrance notices their approach. He hesitates a couple of precious seconds trying to figure out who these newcomers are. From the vicinity of a building just to the northeast, a boy shouts a warning- it's hard to understand what he's saying due to the din of the gunfire around the corner, but his tone is clear and the assaulter's catch the familiar "Black Baron" in there somewhere.

(OOC: The assault team is still in one piece since the path to the mortar pit doesn't break off until past the cathedral entrance.)




Griet angles the Krolowa closer to shore and increases her speed, trying to throw off the skillful (or very lucky) mortar spotter up on Tum Hill. As she does so, the eastern HMG resumes firing. Fortunately for those aboard the tug, the heavy 12.7mm slugs hit low near the water line, where the Krolowa's steel hide is thickest. Kellerman, out of his element on the starboard Dishka, returns fire. In a stroke of beginner's luck, his shooting is on target, and the enemy HMG ceases fire again. He switches to another target and starts hammering away, quickly burning through ammunition forgetting to fire short bursts in his enthusiasm. Incoming small arms fire cracks and buzzes over the tug's open decks and rounds continue to ping off the hull and superstructure in a terrifyingly random musical composition. It's a wonder that no one else topside, besides poor Gunther, has been hit yet.

A tower of water explodes up out of the river about 100m ahead of the Krolowa, as the enemy mortar team struggles to account for the tug's change of course and speed. Dawid, looking for positive confirmation of the mortar's position, notices a dim flash on the hill top about 20m south of the cathedral. Dropping a mortar bomb on it from his fast-moving firing platform, however, is going to be nigh on impossible. A bullet ricochets off of the Vasilek's gunshield and another whip-cracks over Dawid's head. Something needs to be done to suppress the scores of miltia rifleman currently plinking away at the passing tug. (-50 rounds 12.7mm)

The western HMG opens up again. Its gunners lead the racing tug and fire low, tearing into the tires that serve as bumpers on the tug's blunt bows. A minor adjustment could send 12.7mm rounds into the Vasilek tub and it's unlikely that its gunshield can stop them.


Updated tac-map: https://maps.google.com/maps/m...pn=0.010101,0.033023


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:58, Tue 20 Nov 2012.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2942 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 06:50
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg # 717):

Dawid noted with satisfaction the mortar's position. Got you! But not until I know where my friends are located...

The 12.7mm rounds homing in on him like green baseballs suddenly became priority #1. He instantly considered ducking down so that he had the sandbag revetment as well as the Vasilek and gunshield between him and the HMG. Or he could return fire, but again, he didn't know where his comrades were and one bad shot could be very tragic indeed.

His earlier bad shot with the mortar still haunted him. None had died but several had been hurt. It could be worse this time. Better he be wounded, perhaps even die, rather than injure or kill his friends.

Dawid dove behind the Vasilek, putting the weapon, the sandbags and the gunshield in between his body and the incoming fire. Gritting his teeth, he grabbed poor Gunther's body and pulled it on top of him, perhaps his corpse (and the armoured vest) would provide him with a little extra cover. If God willed he got shot, then that was his fate.


Dawid
82mm Vasilek (5/5 HEDP + 2 WP, 8 HE)
Forward gun tub
Diving for cover below sandbag revetment, behind Vasilek/gunshield. Under (shudder) Gunther

This message was last edited by the player at 06:52, Tue 20 Nov 2012.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 693 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 17:32
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Griet watched the strobing pulses of the enemy tracer fire chewing into the hull of the Queen and endangering Dawid. She grabbed the intercom and said, "Griet to guns, Sunray is dealing with the mortar. Suggest you take out the HMG if possible. If you wish to engage I can stop the Queen on a six-pence and turn whichever way you want. Make the call."

Griet
Conferring with Dawid
If Dawid wants to engage the HMG she will use bow thrusters to stop motion and give him a steady platform.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1393 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 19:09
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer then taps Tucker on the shoulder and says, "Lead us in. If we're compromised, I want speed and violence all the way." He didn't like splitting his already horribly undermanned force, but figured if things would fall apart because of his decision, then it was for a good reason.


Cap'n Rae:
The assault team presses on, skirting the wrecked castle and cutting south towards the main entrance of the cathedral. Up ahead, near the gaping hole that used to be at least partially covered by large, ornately-carved double doors, stand a pair of sentries. One is relatively short, but his impressive paunch and several days' worth of facial growth, indicate his adulthood. About the other there can be no mistake; he's tall, ebon-skinned, and built like a professional boxer. Both are armed. They half-stand, half-crouch behind a barricade made of broken masonry watching the duel between the young Plockites and the Wisla Krolowa. The muzzle flash of a heavy machinegun firing nearby intermitently illuminates the area with irregular pulses of orange light. Smaller muzzle flashes blink from the badly scarred castle wall above and to the right of the assaulters. Fortunately, their attention is still captivated by the tug on the river below. As Thijs and Tucker lead the team in, the stocky white man at the cathedral entrance notices their approach. He hesitates a couple of precious seconds trying to figure out who these newcomers are. From the vicinity of a building just to the northeast, a boy shouts a warning- it's hard to understand what he's saying due to the din of the gunfire around the corner, but his tone is clear and the assaulter's catch the familiar "Black Baron" in there somewhere.

(OOC: The assault team is still in one piece since the path to the mortar pit doesn't break off until past the cathedral entrance.)
Next Moves?

"Speed and violence it shall be," Robert decides when he sees the stocky white man who notices their approach and gives just enough of a hesitation to let him bring up his suppressed SOCOM pistol and fire a double-tap into the immediate threats' chest.  He advances heel-to-toe at a steady pace to maximize his accuracy and is hoping that the new guy, Thijs, is keeping pace and is going to help him out or is at least covering him.

TUCKER
H&K MK23 SOCOM (Suppressed) [11/12] - Current primary
 M16A2 / M-203: [30/30] / M-203 HE Loaded - Slung
 Browning HP [13/13] Holstered (Vest)

Advancing on stocky white guy and administering a double-tap to his chest area.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:11, Tue 20 Nov 2012.

Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 51 posts
 Dutch
 Marine Commando
Tue 20 Nov 2012
at 20:45
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Guiding the assault group from his position behind Jan, Thijs caught glimpses of the two guards in the flickering light of the tracers in the battle between the Krolawa and the hill's defenders.  He paused in his advance to cover the guards, stepping to the side to clear his line of fire as Tucker advanced toward them.  Technically, this was not his responsibility; that was more the task of the others who were to enter the cathedral -- others with noise-suppressed weapons.  Until they came up into position, however, he could wait in case his automatic rifle's firepower became necessary and the need for stealth became moot.  Once the guards have been dealt with one way or another, Thijs would continue south toward the mortar pit with the rest of his sub-group.


Thijs
Following Jan
C7A1 LSW [90/90 +(6x30, 1x90)]
Browning HP35 [13/13 +(2x13)]
no night vision
covering the guards

Craig Sutherland
 player, 570 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 07:14
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

Craig took a knee when they spotted the two guards. He centred the cross hairs of his scope on the african sentry, this was the second time one of these elite guards had been in his sights.

He held his fire as he steadied his breathing and waited. If the guard raised his rifle he would fire but Craig was waiting for those with suppressed weapons to take out the guards. He knew it would be hard for his fire to be singled out in the din around them, but their luck was still holding.

Any sign of aggression on the guards part and Craig would fire one aimed shot and two quick follow ups.

Assault Squad
Holding fire until necessary


HK G3SG/1 (w/ Zeiss 1.5-6 x 42 mm Telescopic Sight)[20/20] w/14 magazines
Browning HP-35 (w/ silencer) [20/20] w/2 magazines
Kukri
Daniel Larue
 player, 199 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 23:44
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Seeing the imminent end of the mission's stealthy phase, Danny flips up his NVGs, sidesteps to clear his line of fire, and brings Winona to bear on the sentries.  He slips his finger onto the trigger but holds his fire for a half-second, waiting to see if the suppressed weapons of the point element will get the job done.

Danny
engaging if the fight goes loud, otherwise keeping pace with Konrad
Winona [30/30 + 5 magazines] - ready, on SEMI
CZ 75 [15/15 + 2 magazines] - holstered, cocked and locked
AN-M8 HC smoke grenade x2 - on vest
AN-M18 red smoke grenade x1 - on vest
AN/PVS-7 NVGs - helmet-mounted, not in use

This message was last edited by the player at 23:46, Wed 21 Nov 2012.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1423 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 00:14
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Seeing the pair of sentries Jan instantly dropped to a kneeling position and levelled his silenced SMG at the overweight white man.  He fired a quick double tap of single shots at him before swivelling slightly and firing a trio of shots at the black man, using the SMG more as an overly large pistol rather than spraying bursts all over the place.

If anyone on either side fired an un-silenced round then Jan planned to swap weapons and get his grenade launcher going.  He was carrying a lot of HE rounds and planned to use a few to keep the enemy from getting organised!


Jan
Firing 2x quick single shots at the white sentry and then 3x quick single shots at the black sentry
PM-84 SMG with Suppressor (25/25 - 25rnd mag x4) - carried
AK-74 Assault Rifle (30/30 - 30rnd mag x11) - slung over shoulder
BG-15 Grenade Launcher (1/1 HE - HE x19) - underslung on AK-74
P226 Pistol (15/15 - 15rnd mag x4) - holster
M72A4 LAW - slung over shoulder
Frag grenade x2 - webbing pouch
Smoke grenade x2 - webbing pouch
AN/PVS-5 NVGs - worn

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2674 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 03:33
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

When Tucker, on point, raises his silenced pistol towards the two sentries, the portly one no longer has any doubts. He sidesteps and raises his short-barrelled AK just as Tuck squeezes off his first two shots. Perhaps it's the NVGs interfering with his sight picture, but neither shot seems to register; Tuck also notices that part of the man's girth is a bulky body armor vest. Jan fires a split second after Tucker, likewise targetting the chubby white guard. One of his two shots strikes the man in the torso but he barely seems to notice- he points his rifle at Tucker. LaRue and Tucker fire simultaneously. Considering how the man's head pretty much explodes, it was likely LaRue's shot that kills him. The fatty never got off a shot. (Tucker -4 rounds; Jan -2 rounds; LaRue -1 round)

Jan switches targets to the tall, dark-skinned man. By this time, Thijs and Craig have decided to end this fight quickly- they both fire at the African guard, Thijs a five-round burst and Craig a single aimed shot. Jan adds two more rounds to the storm, before his submachinegun jams. The black guard shudders as bullets tear into his arm, abdomen (penetrating his kevlar vest), and face, and then drops to the ground, dead on impact. (Thijs -5 rounds; Craig -1 round; Jan -2 rounds [jam!])

With all of the shooting going on around them, it's possible no one's picked out this particular fusilade (seven unsilenced shots) as being anything out of place. On the other hand, from the warning called out from somewhere behind the team just a few seconds earlier, it's likely the assault team has been picked out as hostile. This is confirmed when someone opens fire on the team from their rear. The shots streak high and wide, smacking off of the castle wall overhead and spinning into the darkness. The team moves forward a few meters and into cover behind the northwest corner of the cathedral. Despite missing badly, this brief flurry of incoming fire adds a new urgency to the mission. 20m or so to the south is the defenders' mortar pit. Another 50m or so beyond that is one of their 12.7mm heavy machineguns (currently silent). A pursuit force of some kind is moving in from behind. The entrance to the cathedral stands open and unguarded. What waits within?




On the foredeck of the Wisla Krolowa, Dawid ducks and covers, and not a moment too soon. A 12.7mm round punches a jagged hole through the Vasilek's gunshield, spraying Gunther's lifeless body, currently being used a meat shield, with metal fragments. Dawid, however, is unharmed (physically). Kel, testing his luck on the starboard Dishka, aims at the distinctive muzzle flash of the western HMG and gives it a long burst. Considering the flight path of one of his fat green tracers, and the fact that the enemy gun stops firing, it's likely he's scored another hit. Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good.

The enemy mortar team also continues their streak of remarkably good luck. As the Krolowa maintains its course and speed, heading directly for the impact point of their last bomb [see last post], it's simply a matter of timing (not a simple matter at all) to place one on the same spot when the tug reaches it. They time the drop amostly perfectly, landing another 82mm bomb on the tug's quarterdeck. It explodes in a bright flash, sending bits of wood and sandbag flying out in all directions. There's a good chance that this last hit (and the one before) have completely destroyed the tug's aft weapons station (i.e. the AGS-17 and the PKM). So far, however, the three mortar hits on the tug have not affected her performance at all. She races past the town, Kellerman blazing away. He burns through the last few rounds of a 100-round belt and starts fumbling with the weapon in a clumsy attempt to reload it. There's still been no word from or about McClurg. At the moment, the tug is toothless.


Updated tac-map: https://maps.google.com/maps/m...pn=0.004855,0.016512


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:51, Thu 22 Nov 2012.