Ch. 18-1: Plock.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Jan Cerny
 player, 1434 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sat 24 Nov 2012
at 22:29
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
As Craig and Quyen moved to support Thijs in engaging the force to the north Jan stayed covering the mortar pit.  He quickly reloaded his grenade launcher with a round from the grenade belt attached to the bottom of his lifchik harness and then started looking for the spotter who had been outside of the mortar pit.  If he saw the man he fired a series of rapid shots at him.  If he couldn't spot him then he fired another rifle grenade into the mortar pit just too be certain.

He also made use of the radio, reporting to Konrad but certain that Griet would hear his transmission.  "Jan to Konrad.  Mortar team eliminated but tube undamaged.  Am engaging pursuing force briefly before following you unless you want us to hold here?"

While he waited for an answer he called across to his team.  "We are moving inside in one minute.  Thijs, if you want some body armour strip that dead man now!"

He kept watching the mortar pit and the south western direction in general for other threats.


Jan
Reloading his BG-15 and looking for the mortar team spotter.  If he sees him he will fire 4x single quick shots at him.  If he doesn't see him he will fire his BG-15 into the mortar pit again with a carefully aimed shot.
AK-74 Assault Rifle (30/30 - 30rnd mag x11) - held
BG-15 Grenade Launcher (1/1 HE - HE x18) - underslung on AK-74
PM-84 SMG with Suppressor (21/25 - 25rnd mag x4) - jammed & slung over shoulder
P226 Pistol (15/15 - 15rnd mag x4) - holster
M72A4 LAW - slung over shoulder
Frag grenade x2 - webbing pouch
Smoke grenade x2 - webbing pouch
AN/PVS-5 NVGs - worn

This message was last edited by the player at 22:33, Sat 24 Nov 2012.

Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 58 posts
 Dutch
 Marine Commando
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 03:34
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jan Cerny:
"We are moving inside in one minute.  Thijs, if you want some body armour strip that dead man now!"

Glancing at the bloody vest, Thijs replied, "If I am going to put that thing on, somebody will have to carry my spare snail drum, and perhaps my gas mask. too."

Thijs
at the barricade
C7A1 LSW [75/90 +(6x30, 1x90)] on bipod
Browning HP35 [13/13 +(2x13)]
no night vision
Deciding whether to strip vest off corpse

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2689 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 05:21
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

Assault Team, Section 1

While Thijs considers whether or not to take the holed and bloody vest off of the large dead African-German, Jan peers into the darkness trying to locate the mortar team's spotter. Since he and Craig doused it with 40mm HE, there's been no further activity in the pit (at least not that Jan can see), although someone at its bottom is wailing in pain. Suddenly, a young teenager lopes out of the darkness to the south, heading directly for the mortar pit. Perhaps it's the spotter checking up on his companions. Anyhow, Jan fires four rounds and the kid, hitting him at least twice, and tumbling him headlong into the crater.

Out of the corner of his right eye, Jan notices movement to the west. Turning his head that way, he sees several boys in the shadow of the ruined castle's south wall, near the southwest corner. They're crouched down looking down the length of the wall directly at Jan. It's not a sure thing, but it looks like they're are preparing to move on the cathedral entrance. Something else catches Jan's eye up high. Looking up he sees a boy staring down at him from atop the rubbled castle wall. The boy studies Jan, as if trying to decide whether he is friend or foe. He must not have seen Jan shoot down the boy near the mortar pit (or he can't quite believe that he did).

Meanwhile, Craig and Minh move to the north side of the barricade to deal with the reaction force, now out of sight somewhere around the northwest corner of the cathedral. While Craig tosses a second frag (the first being an apparent dud) past the corner, Minh fires a burst from the hip, bouncing a couple of rounds (including a tracer) off of the waist-high cornerstone. The grenade explodes with a flash and a boom. Whether or not it does any damage is not clear, but it probably serves to dissuade anyone from a rash approach, as does Minh's warning burst. (Jan -4 rounds, Craig -1 frag, Minh 15 rounds)

The sound of the battle seems abruptly to shift. The fire from the hillside seems to slacken somewhat, while the sound of battle from the landward side, to the northeast of the cathedral perhaps (it's not coming from inside), rises dramatically.


Updated tac-map: https://maps.google.com/maps/m...pn=0.002525,0.008256


Next Moves?
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2947 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 06:59
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Griet Niewiadomska (msg # 749):

The radio was still broadcasting the chatter from ship to shore party and the between the different land elements. Underneath him, the tug swerved and deked.

"Griet! Keep it steady when I give the word!"

Dawid abanonded the PKM and got behind the gunshield to where he could use the radio.

"Eagle to land elements, firing two fragmentations rounds at shore positions. Keep your heads down! Say again, incoming fire!"

Quickly and with years of practice, Dawid unloaded the clip of anti-armour from the magazine, switched it with a clip of fragmentation, sliding it into the breech from the right side. Then he stepped around to the left, aimed and adjusted to bear on the centre left side of the defences, as they presented themselves while he looked at the shore.

"Griet... firing!"


His target was the group of enemy gathering outside the castle (not the cathedral).

Dawid
82mm Vasilek (5/5 HE)
Bow, Queen
Reloading, Aiming, Firing 1 round at group of enemy gunmen gathered to west of castle.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:11, Mon 26 Nov 2012.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1435 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 10:00
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Thijs van Lincklaen:
Glancing at the bloody vest, Thijs replied, "If I am going to put that thing on, somebody will have to carry my spare snail drum, and perhaps my gas mask. too."

"I can not," replied Jan as he aimed his grenade launcher at the group to the west by the castle wall and fired the HE round in it at them.  He then swiveled his angle of aiming upwards and fired a quick double tap at the figure he'd spotted on the top of one of the castle walls.  Even if the boy had ducked back down a couple of rounds zinging passed him would hopefully cause him to hesitate for long enough for Jan's section to get inside the Cathedral.  "Enemy in the castle ruins to the west are reacting to us!" he warned the others.  "We move inside soon, Quyen and Thijs first, then Craig and me.  Get ready to move."

He then heard the transmission from Dawid and relayed the information to the others.  "Two mortar rounds incoming from the Queen."


Jan
Firing an aimed shot with his BG-15 at the squad by the castle wall and then a pair of quick single shots at the figure on the top of the castle wall
AK-74 Assault Rifle (26/30 - 30rnd mag x11) - held
BG-15 Grenade Launcher (1/1 HE - HE x18) - underslung on AK-74
PM-84 SMG with Suppressor (21/25 - 25rnd mag x4) - jammed & slung over shoulder
P226 Pistol (15/15 - 15rnd mag x4) - holster
M72A4 LAW - slung over shoulder
Frag grenade x2 - webbing pouch
Smoke grenade x2 - webbing pouch
AN/PVS-5 NVGs - worn

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1751 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 22:52
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jan Cerny:
He also made use of the radio, reporting to Konrad but certain that Griet would hear his transmission.  "Jan to Konrad.  Mortar team eliminated but tube undamaged.  Am engaging pursuing force briefly before following you unless you want us to hold here?"


"Sunray. Copy. Negative, I want you to hold from inside the cathedral entrance. Need you to pull in asap and link with Headquarters. Bayer replies over the radio.
Craig Sutherland
 player, 577 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 23:46
Re: Return to Witch Mountain


Craig grabbed the G3 from the downed sentry and checked the breach before putting it to his shoulder as he runs towards the door headquarters went through.

"Moving to door, cover me."

Once in position he then covers the retreat of his squad firing into the group in the shadows.

Assault Squad-2
Moving-Firing on group in the shadows

G3A4 [20/20]

This message was last edited by the player at 06:16, Mon 26 Nov 2012.

Daniel Larue
 player, 206 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 23:55
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Danny gives Bayer a thumbs-up to acknowledge the radio traffic - and his awareness of the incipient arrival of Jan and company - but stays prone behind the demi-headed casualty, covering the entrance, until all of Section One is inside the cathedral.  Once someone else assumes the rear guard position, he takes a moment to check the late Grilkov's vest for anything else of immediate intelligence or tactical value, then rolls to his feet and prepares to back up Section Two's assault.

Danny
Winona [29/30 + 5 magazines] - ready, on SEMI
CZ 75 [15/15 + 2 magazines] - holstered, cocked and locked
AN-M8 HC smoke grenade x2 - on vest
AN-M18 red smoke grenade x1 - on vest
AN/PVS-7 NVGs - helmet-mounted, in use

door guard, intel exploitation

This message was last edited by the player at 01:55, Mon 26 Nov 2012.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1436 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 00:04
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Konrad Bayer:
"Sunray. Copy. Negative, I want you to hold from inside the cathedral entrance. Need you to pull in asap and link with Headquarters. Bayer replies over the radio.

Jan listened to the transmission and then relayed the revised instructions to his section.  "Everyone inside.  We set up inside."

He still fired his grenade launcher before withdrawing though, ensuring he was the last one through what had once probably been an impressive doorway.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1405 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 00:05
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer removes the explosive round from his grenade launcher and slides in a CS canister.

"Sergeant Tucker!" Bayer calls from behind, utilizing the radio to keep any shouts from him being distorted due to the acoustics. "Move up and get a spread of three grenades high over the top of that obstacle. I want it secured with your men in extended line as our next base of fire." Bayer will then wait at the entrance until Tucker's boys have the obstacle firmly occupied and can see what's on the far side.


Robert toggles the radio to reply back to Konrad, "Roger Boss. Three frags and move. Out."  He then turns to the other three on his assault team and passes on the orders.  "Here it is.  We're going to cover over the obstacle into the interior of the cathedral, throw three frags over the top of it, and then assault inwards.  Mari and Jay, you guys will cover right, me and Jeff will cover left, once he gets rearmed.  Fuck anything up that looks threatening.  On my count of three then!"  Robert grabs one of his frag grenades from his rig and holds it in his hand waiting for the others to prepare to throw theirs.  Once they have them ready, he gives a slow, silent count after pulling the pin, but still holding on to the spoon/safety.  On three, he rises up and throws the fragmentation grenade with as much force as he can and then goes back to a ready crouch regaining control of his rifle and readies to move out after the third grenade blast goes off.

TUCKER
M16A2 / M-203: [27/30] / M-203 HE Loaded - Current primary {[3] Round Burst}
H&K MK23 SOCOM (Suppressed) [12+1/12 + [6/12- Pocket] + [12/12 Mag pouch]] - Holstered
Browning HP [13/13] Holstered (Vest)

Preparing to throw fragmentation grenades over top of obstacle and into the cathedral then covering the left with Jeff


OOC: IDK what you want to do Jay but, I think Tucker was clear in his explanation if you want to change.  Like I said before, you do what you need to do.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:07, Mon 26 Nov 2012.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1752 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 01:18
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Bayer acknowleges Daniel then overhears Robert's instructions to his men. Toggling his radio again, he says, "Sergeant, clarification on my last... grenade, then get up on that obstacle but do not proceed further. Await support from One section before advancing beyond it."
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1406 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 01:47
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer acknowleges Daniel then overhears Robert's instructions to his men. Toggling his radio again, he says, "Sergeant, clarification on my last... grenade, then get up on that obstacle but do not proceed further. Await support from One section before advancing beyond it."

"Roger that Boss. Toss and engage threats from here or toss and hold? Over."
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1753 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 02:17
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
"Toss and engage from the rubble." Bayer replies.

OOC - we can't see past the rubble so we need to climb up on it to fire further into the cathedral. Bayer just doesn't want anyone going past the rubble (the only cover) without more support. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:17, Mon 26 Nov 2012.

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1407 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 03:01
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Konrad Bayer:
"Toss and engage from the rubble." Bayer replies.

OOC - we can't see past the rubble so we need to climb up on it to fire further into the cathedral. Bayer just doesn't want anyone going past the rubble (the only cover) without more support. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

"Roger. Out."  Tucker passes on the confirmed orders t the rest f his team.

OOC:  I just wanted to make sure I got the order correct or mostly correct
Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 59 posts
 Dutch
 Marine Commando
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 03:31
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
With nobody volunteering to carry the gear he would have to remove in order to be able to wear the vest, Thijs decided to leave it where it was.  He stood up, picked up his LSW, and sidestepped up the steps to the cathedral entrance, covering the area to the north.  Once inside, he turned to face back the way he had come, covering Minh's and Jan's approaches to the entrance.

Thijs
Cathedral entrance
C7A1 LSW [75/90 +(6x30, 1x90)]
Browning HP35 [13/13 +(2x13)]
No Night Vision
Covering approaches to western entrance

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 1112 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 16:06
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Mariusz readied a grenade from his pouch and tossed a frag over the pile, lobbing it into the area beyond.

Mariusz
AK-74 30/30
BG-1 1/1
Tossing a grenade

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 438 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 17:53
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Hearing Tuck's order, Jay pulled his only frag from his webbing and prepared to lob it towards the middle of the cathedral, before scrabbling to the top of the rubble to lay down some suppressive fire.

Jay Biyanjankar
Assault Team 2
On right (south) side, aiming hand grenade to centre of church, then moving forward onto rubble
AK74 with BG15 GL, 30/30 + HE
RPG slung over back
Kevlar Vest & Helmet, NVGs

This message was last edited by the player at 17:54, Mon 26 Nov 2012.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2949 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 18:14
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Konrad Bayer:
"Toss and engage from the rubble." Bayer replies.


Hearing this, Dawid wanted to make sure he wasn't engaging his own comrades.

"Eagle to Sunray, this is important. Am engaging target on west side of castle with one round fragmentation, say again engaging targets immediate west of castle. Am I clear to fire? Please let me know!"

OOC: Dawid will hold fire until he knows it's safe!
Daniel Larue
 player, 208 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 18:29
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
As the last member of Section One dashes Jan stumbles through the door, Danny keys his radio.  "Eagle, Coyote.  All friendlies are in cover.  You're cleared hot."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:40, Tue 27 Nov 2012.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2691 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 01:01
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

Cathedral Exterior

As the rest of his team moves inside the cathedral, Jan decides to scatter the gaggle of teens massing near the southwest corner of the castle, hopefully stopping, or at least delaying, an assault from that quarter. He takes aim with his BG-15 and lauches a grenade into their midst. It explodes with a BANG, bowling over several of the boys like ten pins. Satisfied, Jan steps back and switches his grip to bring his rifle to bear on the boy lloking down from the castle wall above. As he looks up, he sees a muzzle flash and, a fraction of a second later, feels a jarring impact on his midsection just above his belly button. He staggers back, hoping that the bullet didn't penetrate his Kevlar vest and firing a few wild shots up at the wall to discourage the boy from following up his initial success. The boy disappears and Jan stumbles into the narthex. (Jan -1 40mm HE, -4 rounds 5.45mm) (Jan WIA?)

Wilsa Krolowa

Dawid, laying his sights on the group, sees them fall and scatter before he can take his shot. Just as the small explosion eliminates his intended target, the western HMG opens fire again on the tug. Its fat green tracers sail high over the tug as the novice gunner gets a feel for the weapon. Dawid doesn't take any chances. Deprived of his original target, he makes a couple of slight adjustments to the Vasilek and aims for the HMG position. He kicks the firing pedal and the big gun bucks, its muzzle flash momentarily lighting up the river. The 82mm HE round arrives on target a second later, silencing it for good. For a moment, the huge machinegun can be seen cartwheeling through the air in the light of the explosion that signals its demise. Just then, an incoming bullet rips through Dawid's right earlobe, sheering it [the earlobe] off. (-1 round 82mm HE) (Dawid WIA- slight head wound)

Griet had slowed the tug to manouvered laterally in a relatively tight space in order to avoid another anticipated incoming mortar round; the enemy mortar has not fired again, however, since the last miss. In the meantime, although offering Dawid a fairly stable firing platform, the tug has become a much easier target for the riflemen on shore. Fortunately for the Krolowa and its crew, the volume of fire directed its way has markedly dimished in the last half-minute or so.

Cathedral Interior

Attempting to establish a base of fire and determine what they are up against, Konrad orders a grenade attack and the securing of the rubble pile for use as cover. Tucker, Jay, and Mariusz all prep grenades and toss them over the mound of debris. Warren [NPC'ed] seems to have some trouble getting a grenade off of his web gear, so he doesn't contribute to the volley. The three grenades explode in quick succession, sending concussive shock waves reverberating through the sanctuary. When the echoing BOOM dies away, a girl's screams of anguish flood the building. As Tucker, Jay, and Mariusz move to take positions on the rubble pile [Warren's still fumbling with his frag], the cathedral's young defenders take action. Several AK-style rifles open up at once, pelting the rubble pile with bullets. Dozens of rounds smack into the debris, sending bits of brick and tile flying in all directions. The volume of fire is intense but, fortunately, none of the Kommandos are hit. The cathedral is lit up by the half-dozen muzzle flashes like some gothic-themed nightclub. The noise is almost unbearable. (Tucker, Mariusz, Jay -1 frag each)

The guns abruptly cease fire and it doesn't take long to understand why.

"Cease fire! Cease fire!" a woman's voice yells from the far end of the sanctuary.

"You there, stop this attack and surrender this instant or your Baron dies! You are surrounded and your comrades in the town cannot reach you. Surrender now and you will be spared. Fight on and all of you will die."


Next Moves?
Daniel Larue
 player, 209 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 01:29
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Danny twitches at the sound of a bullet impact and glances up at Jan.  "Shit, get in here.  You okay?"
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2950 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 03:47
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Daniel Larue (msg # 770):

Dawid was elated at the explosion, gratified that he probably hadn't hurt his friends.

"Yes!" He did feel a little conflicted, his satisfaction at hitting the target conflicting with his earlier resolve not to cause casualties among the town's young defenders. Like many things in this world, good intentions quickly succumbed to reality.

Becoming conscious of a stinging in his right ear, and a warm wetness on his neck, he sat down, back to the gunshield. Puzzled, he felt his ear and neck, hand coming away red with blood. "I'm hit! Ah, it's not bad, I'm okay!"

Dawid realised he'd been very lucky, he'd been hit in the head (again) but only suffered a flesh wound (again). Time to stay behind cover for now, at least until he heard something heavier than rifle fire start up.


Dawid (Light Wound, head)
82mm Vasilek (4/5 HE)
Bow, Queen
Taking cover behind gunshield, sandbags, etc.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 493 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 04:57
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Of all the times to get a rusty fucking pin...

Keeping his head down as he preps the grenade spares it from being taken off by fire from the end of the hall.  He finally wiggles the pin past the bur catching it (but not removing it) when the fire stops.

Jeff whispers to Mariusz  "Kid, your Polish is best.  Put on your deepest voice and tell her that her forces fired first, and that we have no proof the Baron is alive, and that we won't believe her until we see him.  At that point someone can accidentally shoot and hopefully we can get the firefight going again and they'll execute the Baron."
Craig Sutherland
 player, 578 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 06:14
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Once the last person was through the door Craig closed it and tried to bolt it or lock it.

He then move forward with the others using the rubble and tall columns as cover. Once the advance had stopped he placed the sentry's G3 on the ground and unslinging his rifle, starting to scan for targets through his scope. He tried to find the woman who was yelling orders, pretty sure she was the Queen the others had talked about.

If he is able to find his target he fires an aimed shot and several quick follow ups.



Cathedral Interior
Trying to find a target or the Queen


HK G3SG/1 (w/ Zeiss 1.5-6 x 42 mm Telescopic Sight)[20/20] w/14 magazines
Kukri
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1409 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 10:45
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jeff D. Warren:
Of all the times to get a rusty fucking pin...

Keeping his head down as he preps the grenade spares it from being taken off by fire from the end of the hall.  He finally wiggles the pin past the bur catching it (but not removing it) when the fire stops.

Jeff whispers to Mariusz  "Kid, your Polish is best.  Put on your deepest voice and tell her that her forces fired first, and that we have no proof the Baron is alive, and that we won't believe her until we see him.  At that point someone can accidentally shoot and hopefully we can get the firefight going again and they'll execute the Baron."

Tucker nods his head in agreement to Jeff's plan (as long as he can hear it) and adds to it with, "Be ready on the grenade launcher Jay.  If they do actually bring him out to show him, we hit 'em with our HE rounds."

TUCKER
M16A2 / M-203: [27/30] / M-203 HE Loaded - Current primary {[3] Round Burst}
H&K MK23 SOCOM (Suppressed) [12+1/12 + [6/12- Pocket] + [12/12 Mag pouch]] - Holstered
Browning HP [13/13] Holstered (Vest)

Laying out plan to use 40mm grenade launchers next if Jeff's plan works with Mariusz

This message was last edited by the player at 10:47, Tue 27 Nov 2012.