Ch. 18-1: Plock.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2705 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 00:22
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

Interior Cathedral

Both the right (south) and left (north) assault teams meet up at the altar, having encountered no further resistance along the way. Atop a broad, raised dais at the east end of the sanctuary sits the self-styled Queen's throne, an ornate wooden chair that may have, at one time, been gilded. Now, it shows fresh signs of recent battle damage. A small, white-clad body rests hunched over a rifle nearby, a dark stain beneath it. Gradually thinning whisps of gas drift past.

Behind the altar is a large wooden door, partially ajar. This is the back entrance to the sanctuary that was used by the Kommando emmissaries during their first audience with the Queen. Beyond this door and to the left (north) is the sacristy, where the cathedral's caretaker clergy at one time kept their vestments, holy vessels, bishopric records, etc. This room would be a logical place for the Baron to be recovering from his surgery, would that Plock had another surgeon to have performed the needed procedure on his badly wounded leg. Coughing and gagging can be heard from the far side of the heavy wooden door.

In the narthex, the quartet of Kommando defenders, after firing a few more rounds through the entryway to discourage further assaults, lies in wait. One of the two  wounded boys just inside the threshold is crying quite loudly, begging for help. The other is barely conscious, his moaning and whimpering mostly drowned out by his noisier comrade. (Jan -2 rounds; Minh -3 rounds)

Wisla Krolowa

The tug steams slowly (?) downriver, Kel firing short bursts at the much reduced muzzle flashes still blinking from positions on Tum Hill and closer to shore. There's probably no more than a score of Plock militia still firing at the tug, with the greatest concentration of shooters based in and around the old boat house. Still, every few seconds, a bullet strikes the tug- and, more immdediately, the Vasilek's gunshield-  with a sharp PING. Dawid lines up a shot on this target with the automortar and has only to kick the firing pedal to send an 82mm HE shell outbound in response. (Kel -30 rounds)


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:00, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 448 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 10:17
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Leading the assault group, Jay approached the door as quietly as he could. When he arrived at the door he quickly stuck his rifle through the gap and blindly sprayed the room with hot lead. Hopefully whoever was behind the door would be nullified. After firing he stole quick glance before deciding how to proceed.

Jay Biyanjankar
Assault Team 2
Approaching wooden door then firing a couple of bursts through the gap without exposing himself.
AK74 with BG15 GL, 25/30 + HE
RPG slung over back
Kevlar Vest & Helmet, Gas Mask on, NVGs

This message was last edited by the player at 10:19, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1764 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 12:15
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Bayer moves up from the rear, pleased that the Kommandos had so quickly and agressively advanced through the opposition. The feat was even more satisfying seeing that nobody got hurt. Speaking into his radio he says, "Robert, four man stack at the door. Fifth man to check the bodies. Go on my signal."

He then adds over the net, "Jan, fall back and use the obstacle as cover." The rubble would provide them with much better cover and with the interior clear they wouldn't have to worry about getting shot in the back.

Then while the Kommando's prepare to make the next push, Bayer moves up next to Jay. Without exposing himself to the doorway, he shouts around the Gurkha towards the door, "We are here for deh Baron's head... and the Queen only as insurance to leave of the town. This is the only warning... no quarter given afterward. Come out now or we'll burn you out with phosphorus." Bayer then signals for Mariusz to repeat the only chance the defenders will get.

If nobody comes out in thirty seconds Bayer will signal Tucker's four man stack to throw grenades and enter.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:19, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1445 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 14:05
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
"Understood Capitaine.  Moving now.  Jan out." he replied over the radio, his transmission rather muffled by the gas mask.

He then turned to Quyen next to him and tapped her on the arm.  "Break it down and pull back to the next mound of rubble.  I will join you shortly."  Jan then signalled the same instruction to the two other Kommandos, who looked to be Jeff and Danny from their weapons and clothing, who were backing Quyen and him up.

He then fired a series of single shots through the doorway, keeping up the fire while the others relocated.  Once they had moved back Jan then pushed himself up into a crouch and made for the right hand wall, getting himself out of the line of fire for the others to the doorway, before making his way to re-group with them.  As he moved he made maximum use of available cover and also kept alert for any surprises entering the cathedral through side entrances.


Jan
Lying prone covering the entrance to the cathedral, using the rubble for cover before moving.
Instructing the others to pull back, firing a series of single shots through the doorway to give the enemy something to think about before withdrawing himself, ensuring that he doesn't black the other's LOS as he does so.
AK-74 Assault Rifle (28/30 - 30rnd mag x11) - held
BG-15 Grenade Launcher (1/1 HE - HE x17) - underslung on AK-74
PM-84 SMG with Suppressor (21/25 - 25rnd mag x4) - jammed & slung over shoulder
P226 Pistol (15/15 - 15rnd mag x4) - holster
M72A4 LAW - slung over shoulder
Frag grenade x2 - webbing pouch
Smoke grenade x2 - webbing pouch
AN/PVS-5 NVGs - worn
Gas mask - worn

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2959 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 14:32
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg # 853):

"Shot out!"

After the round is launched, Dawid ducked down behind cover again, peering out under his Kevlar helmet to observe the fall of the shot.

He remembered to mention over the intercom, "Griet, don't forget someone mentioned tanks! I will try and spot an area we can dock at safely."


Dawid (Light Wound, head)
82mm Vasilek (2/5 HE, 2 WP, 5 HEAT)
Keeping low behind bow cupola gunshield, sandbags, etc.
Observing shore area.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:33, Tue 11 Dec 2012.

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 701 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 21:38
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
"Remember we've still got the Corvus," Griet said, "if we get within twenty feet of the land people can take a running jump."
Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2960 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 00:22
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Griet Niewiadomska (msg # 858):

"Right, understood. That might help."

As well as the shore, he tried to see if there was a tell-tale plume of exhaust smoke in town, such as would announce the presence of large armoured vehicles burning diesel or alcohol.


Dawid (Light Wound, head)
82mm Vasilek (2/5 HE, 2 WP, 5 HEAT)
Keeping low behind bow cupola gunshield, sandbags, etc.
Observing shore area.

Daniel Larue
 player, 217 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 00:44
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Hearing Konrad's instructions over his own radio, Danny gives Jan a thumbs-up and dashes back to the rubble pile.  Hunkering down behind cover, he waits until his line of fire is clear, then covers Jan's withdrawal with irregularly-timed single shots through the door.

Danny
Winona [24/30 + 5 magazines] - ready, on SEMI
CZ 75 [15/15 + 2 magazines] - holstered, cocked and locked
AN-M8 HC smoke grenade x1 - on vest
AN-M18 red smoke grenade x1 - on vest
MCU-2A/P gas mask - in use
AN/PVS-7 NVGs - helmet-mounted, in use

falling back to the south side of the obstacle and facilitating Jan's graceful exit

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2706 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 01:15
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

Cathedral Interior

As the rest of the rear guard moves back to the rubble pile to establish a safer line of defense, Jan fires a few more rounds through the open entryway. Satisfied that he's at least delayed another rush, he quickly rises and rejoins the rest of this new squad while LaRue fires a few more rounds to cover the move. No one pursues. Despite the distance the rearguard has put between itself and the entrance the cathedral, the keening cry of the wounded boy at the threshold is still quite loud. (Jan -5 rounds; LaRue -3 rounds)

At the opposite end of the sanctuary, Jay risks a peek through the narrow gap between the door and the lintel. A man sits slouched against the wall opposite the door to the sacristy, his head resting on one shoulder. From the brief glance, Jay can tell that the man is either dead or unconscious. Just past the man's outstretched legs, a white heap reminiscent of the other dead Athenas Jay's seen over the past few minutes lies on the floor.

Over Jay's shoulder, Konrad calls for the surrender of the defenders beyond the door. A couple of seconds pass before there is a response.

The voice that answers is weak and strangely familiar, a feminine voice speaking lightly accented English.

"Don't shoot! I've got the bitch. Come quickly!"

Konrad's gut tells him it's not a trap; he orders Jay to lead the way. Still on high alert, the team moves through the doorway, past the bodies in the hallway, and into the sacristy. A pair of flickering candles dimly light the room, casting weird shadows on the ancient walls. On a cot at the far end of the room lies a pale-skinned man, a neat dark hole stark above his left eye. Few of the Kommandos have ever seen him this close up before, but it's unmistakably their recent nemesis, the Black Barn Czarny. Two more men lay splayed out on the floor, one black and very well built, the other pale and slight. There's blood and spent brass everywhere. An Athena sits curled in a corner, gasping for breath between sobbing coughs. Another lies crumpled near the door, patches of her white dress stained black.

Against the wall on the right sits two women, belly to back. The woman with her back against the wall is holding a silenced pistol to the side of the other woman's head, her other arm around the hostage's neck. The woman with the gun to her head clutches at her right bicep, her hand stained dark by the blood seeping through her fingers. She wears a Polish para's uniform, complete with red beret, her face glistens from tears and snot. It's hard to see much of other woman but her palid face is instantly recognizable. It's major Anneka Soleblume. When the Kommandos have secured the room, Anneka promptly passes out but her wounded hostage makes no play for her just-unconscious captor's weapon.

Wisla Krolowa

Dawid obliterates the remains of the boathouse with a direct hit from the Vasilek. The incoming fire from that quarter instantly stops. There's probably less than a dozen riflemen still firing at the tug now, and Kellerman continues to respond in kind with the starboard Dishka. The tug moves slowly towards upriver, pulling roughly even with the docks near the smoking rubble of the boathouse. This is where the tug put in on its first stop in Plock and it would be a logical place to dock again. Dawid scans the town for signs of the Baron's rumored tank but sees nothing indicating that any armor is nearby. It's pitch dark (except for the occasional muzzle flash) so he couldn't really see any exhaust smoke anyway, but he listens for the tell tale rumble of tank engines or the unmistakably screech and clank of tracks. He doesn't hear either, just the popping of a few rifles still pliking away from the hillside or the castle ruins on the crest. Kellerman shouts down from the starboard HMG position,

"I'm almost out again! Could use a little help here!"

(-1 82mm HE; -30 rounds 12.7mm)

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:46, Thu 13 Dec 2012.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1765 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 01:52
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Bayer motions quietly to Tucker, "Sergeant, leave yourself and one other in here and send the rest out to reinforce the barricade."

He then toggles his radio, "Larue, it is Bayer... on me please. The interior is clear." Then staying on the net, he contacts Griet and the others, "Queen, Sunray... objective secure. Situation unclear at the moment. Withdraw to safe distance and wait for further orders. Send SITREP when possible. Over."

Lastly, Bayer steps aside for Tucker and whoever the NCO selected to stay in the room, to secure the prisoners. While they do that he collects Anneka's pistol up off of the floor and looks down at the town's leader, "This is over. I am here for the Baron not you. Stand down your people now."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:55, Thu 13 Dec 2012.

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2962 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 10:47
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg # 861):

"I think we can pull alongside the river wharf?"

Wary of snipers, he kept low, looking for tanks, incoming fire, mounted charges, God-knew-what.


Dawid (Light Wound, head)
82mm Vasilek (2/5 HE, 2 WP, 5 HEAT)
Keeping low behind bow cupola gunshield, sandbags, etc.
Observing shore area.

(1 HE already subtracted for the current shot.)

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 702 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 21:08
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Griet looked over at Walter, "Keep her on post near the wharf. When I call I'll want us tight against it."

She got onto the radio, "Kaptain, we are trying to clear a route for you to evac towards the river. If it doesn't seem too risky you could try and pick up a mortar or something. Our weaponry's been shredded."

She gave Walter the helm and exited to Kellerman's position.

"Out of the way, Yankee," she said, "let me show you how a Pole shoots."

She bent down to clip another belt onto the end of whatever Kellerman had left and then said, "OK, let's mow the lawn for the shore party."

Griet
Kellerman's Dushka
Attaching a belt to the end of the ready loaded belt
Searching for targets

Craig Sutherland
 player, 589 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 23:30
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

When he was reassigned back to the pile Craig began the move using the available cover while covering the upper reaches of the cathedral. He then un-slung his G3FS and put the cross hairs of his scope on the door after deploying the bi pod with a flick. He also checked any other openings for targets.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1767 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 23:38
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Bayer thinks aboout Griet's reply for a moment then changes his last orders, "Sunray... alright. Hold riverbank and we will try to RV there. Over."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:38, Thu 13 Dec 2012.

Daniel Larue
 player, 220 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 04:04
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Danny has just settled into a less uncomfortable spot on the rubble pile when Konrad's summons comes over his radio.  He pushes to his feet, does a 360 scan to confirm the momentary and relative safety of the position, then reloads Winona, tucking the partial magazine into his leftmost pouch (where he'll grab it last, if things get that bad).  He considers doffing his mask but a glance in his intended direction of movement shows fumes of CS and HC still swirling in the cathedral's largely-enclosed airspace.

Moving cautiously up to the sacristy, he keeps Winona ready, just in case one of the Athenas still has a case of the ass.  "Coming in!" he calls at the door before easing it opening and entering.  He takes a moment to assess the two women and suppresses a start of surprise at re-encountering Anneka so soon.

Ignoring the major for a moment, he flicks Winona's safety on and passes the carbine to Mariusz.  "Hey, Boy Wonder, hold these for a minute."  Next, he secures Anneka's pistol in his aid bag, next to the one taken from the night's first casualty.  He double-checks the retaining straps on his holster and his two remaining smoke grenades, then kneels next to the Queen, angling his left side toward her - and his holster away from her.  A pair of EMT shears appears in his hand.  "Mari, tell her I'm a medic and I'm here to help, but I'll fuckin' cut her throat faster than Warren if she tries any shit.  Cap'n, we oughta move 'em both outta here soon.  This air ain't good for anyone."  With that, he begins a quick examination (and a check for concealed weapons), dispassionately cutting away any clothing that may need to be removed to get at wounds.

Danny
Winona [31/30 + 4 magazines + 1 partial (20/30)] - on SAFE, handed off to Mariusz
CZ 75 [15/15 + 2 magazines] - holstered, cocked and locked
AN-M8 HC smoke grenade x1 - on vest
AN-M18 red smoke grenade x1 - on vest
MCU-2A/P gas mask - in use
AN/PVS-7 NVGs - helmet-mounted, not in use

examining the EPW for immediate medical issues

This message was last edited by the player at 11:38, Fri 14 Dec 2012.

Jan Cerny
 player, 1447 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 08:42
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Once he was set up in his defensive position Jan started scanning to the left and right, looking for other entrances into the cathedral.  He needed a couple more men to set up a more robust defensive position so he was very pleased when three more turned up to replace Danny.

"Craig.  Thijs.  Set up here with Quyen and I," he instructed, focussing initially on the direction of the most recent attack.  "Jeff and Jay.  I need you to check the sides of the cathedral for other entrances.  Jeff take the left.  Jay right.  Yell if you find anything and need support.  Do not go too far or get separated."

As everyone got into position Jan focussed primarily on Jeff and Jay, keen to know what they discovered.


Jan
Crouched behind the rubble pile
Organising people and then observing for entrances on either side
AK-74 Assault Rifle (23/30 - 30rnd mag x11) - held
BG-15 Grenade Launcher (1/1 HE - HE x17) - underslung on AK-74
PM-84 SMG with Suppressor (21/25 - 25rnd mag x4) - jammed & slung over shoulder
P226 Pistol (15/15 - 15rnd mag x4) - holster
M72A4 LAW - slung over shoulder
Frag grenade x2 - webbing pouch
Smoke grenade x2 - webbing pouch
AN/PVS-5 NVGs - worn
Gas mask - worn

Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 71 posts
 Dutch
 Marine Commando
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 15:31
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Thijs really wanted to give the "queen" a piece of his mind for her method of "persuading" him to stay in Plock and train her juvenile militia, but there was no time for that. There was still the possibility of a continuation of the firefight, and he had to go where he was needed until the threat was gone.  Grumbling to himself, he returned to the pile of rubble and lay prone at the right (north) end.  Once again, he peered into the darkness, hoping to discern any targets before they opened fire.


Thijs
Rear guard, north end of rubble
C7A1 LSW [65/90 +(6x30, 1x90)] on bipod
Browning HP35 [13/13 +(2x13)]
No night vision
Gas Mask in place
Looking for targets

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 1119 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 16:00
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Mariusz looked over at Bayer, as the only one with decent Polish here it made sense for him to stay, "I'll guard here," he said, "we should cut off the Baron's head and bury it at a crossroads."

He set himself against a wall and covered the remaining enemy with his gun.
Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 451 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 20:19
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jay nodded in acceptance of the order from Jan. he headed back out into the cathedral and moved to the right (north) side. He moved quietly along the wall, checking for any doors and prodding any odd-looking panels for false walls or hidden doors. He worked his way along, checking all the way up to the far side of the middle section. As he moved he kept his weapon ready in case anyone appeared at the far doors.

Jay Biyanjankar
Assault Team 2
Checking the north side of the building for any doors or passages.
AK74 with BG15 GL, 25/30 + HE
RPG slung over back
Kevlar Vest & Helmet, Gas Mask on, NVGs

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2707 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 16:59
Re: Return to Witch Mountain

Cathedral Interior

While Mariusz guards the lone surviving Athena, Danny examines the Queen's injury and determines that, although it might prove debilitating (her left humerus appears to have been fractured), it's not life-threatening (as long as the bleeding is stopped). Until things calm down, the best he can do for her is bandage and splint it. On the other hand, even before a proper examination, Danny can tell that Anneka's wound is much graver. She's unconscious and her BDUs are soaked in blood from a spot just below her ribcage down to her thighs. It's a wonder that she was able to hold on to the Queen for as long as she did. For the moment, at least, what she was doing here and what led to her capture of the Queen will have to remain a mystery.

Before Danny can treat the Queen, however, Konrad has her under guard and up and moving towards the door to the hall. Physically and psychologically beaten, she does not resist. As instructed, she calls out down the hallway to one of her people stationed near the back entrance to the cathedral, ordering him/her to pass along her order for an immediate cease fire. A boyish voice answers from the darkness in the affirmative. Without radios it will take a while for word to spread. Almost as an afterthought, she asks Konrad weakly,

"You're not with the Baron? What about the men in the town?"

The sound of gunfire continues from outside, most of it far off, but some much closer. If the Queen believed that the Kommando's attack was directed by the Baron, it stands to reason that her soldiers in the town have engaged the elements of the Black Guard that were not allowed on the hill.

Back in the sanctuary, Jan organizes the rearguard, sending Jay and Jeff to double check for other entrances/exits to the cathedral while the rest of the team guards the main entrance from behind the cover of the rubble pile. Voices carry from the narthex and, a few seconds later, someone tries to sneak in and grab the wounded boy. This brave lad is chased off, empty-handed, by a brief storm of lead from Thijs' light support weapon and Minh's PKM. The crying of the wounded boy continues, although it is growing fainter. Jeff and Jay find no additional easily accessible entrances at the outset of their searches. There are several man-sized shell holes in the walls of the cathedral, but it would require a ladder of some sort to reach them from the outside (or from the inside, for that matter). (Thijs -5 rounds; Minh -5 rounds)


Wisla Krolowa

Walter takes the con and points the tug's blunt nose at the docks. Although incoming fire has dimished significantly, Griet takes a big risk climbing down to the starboard Dishka position. As she descends the ladder, a bullet pancakes off of the hull not a foot from her right hand. She's startled but unhurt. Kellerman, however, is not so lucky. While he's shooting off the last ten rounds, a bullet sneaks past the gunshield and strikes him in the upper left arm, knocking him back. The shock and pain of the impact buckles his legs and he sinks to the deck, screaming and clutching at his shoulder. Griet now has a wounded man and an empty heavy machinegun to deal with. (-10 12.7mm)

From behind the gunshield of the Vasilek, Dawid scnas the near east bank, looking for any remaining nodes of resistance. He notes with satisfaction that there's no more fire coming from the direction of the boathouse. From the continuing muzzle flashes twinkling on Tum Hill, there are about three or four shooters on the ruined castle walls and about a half-dozen more on the upper slopes near the crest, mostly concentrated on the west side of the hill. There are no large clusters, though. As the tug slows down and nears the docks, she becomes a much easier target for the surviving resistance. Although the momentum seems to have swung in favor of the Kommandos, the fight's not over quite yet.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:29, Sun 16 Dec 2012.

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1768 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 19:56
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Cap'n Rae:
Almost as an afterthought, she asks Konrad weakly, "You're not with the Baron? What about the men in the town?"


"No... like I said, we are here for the Baron's head. Those are his men." Bayer answers the woman flatly, almost sympathetically. "I need you to explain to your people that the boat on the water is with us... but not the men in the town. Do you understand?"

He then toggles his radio and says, "Queen, Sunray. Working on cease fire with the local militia. Need you to comply and stop firing as of right now. Withdraw if you have to for now, but no not engage local forces. The Black Guard are to be still considered hostile. Over."

Bayer then puts the Polish woman down on the floor on the sheltered side of the rubble and rests her back up against the wall for support. Over his shoulder he calls to Jan, "Jan! Cease fire! Try to establish contact with those people outside. Call out to them and tell them they can send in one person to pick up that wounded boy."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:56, Sat 15 Dec 2012.

Daniel Larue
 player, 221 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 20:31
Re: Return to Witch Mountain


Assured that the prisoner (and the team's ticket out of Plock) isn't going to expire immediately, Danny turns his attention to Anneka.  "Emergency medical lesson here, Mari," he says absently, gazing down at the major, "before treating a semi-conscious patient, always disarm her so she doesn't wake up disoriented and shoot you.  Especially if she might shoot you even if she were conscious."  With that, he gives Anneka a quick pat-down search for additional pistols, blades, grenades, or high-heeled shoes, then goes to work.

The abdominal wound is the most obvious injury, though he's not willing to rule out other concerns.  Still, the volume of blood dictates his priorities.  Unbuttoning or cutting as needed, he exposes Anneka's lower torso, then packs the wound with gauze, winding it down into the wound with his fingertip to put pressure on the tissue on all sides.  He secures the gauze in place, then winds a larger pressure bandage around the physician's entire torso to secure the packing in place. (-1 small field dressing, -1 medium field dressing)

Once he's attended to the immediate problem, he rolls Anneka over, checking for a possible exit wound - assuming the initial injury was caused by a bullet, and further assuming that it isn't still lodged in her body.  If he finds one, he gives it the same treatment.  Having taken care of that, he frowns at her legs - the amount of leakage makes him wonder if she took a second hit below the waist.  Thankful that she's too out of it to protest, he uses his EMT shears to slice open both of her pants legs from knee to hip, checking for additional wounds that might have affected any major blood vessels.

Danny
Winona [31/30 + 4 magazines + 1 partial (20/30)] - on SAFE, handed off to Mariusz
CZ 75 [15/15 + 2 magazines] - holstered, cocked and locked
AN-M8 HC smoke grenade x1 - on vest
AN-M18 red smoke grenade x1 - on vest
MCU-2A/P gas mask - in use
AN/PVS-7 NVGs - helmet-mounted, not in use

giving Tuck and Mari cheap thrills

This message was last edited by the player at 23:02, Sat 15 Dec 2012.

Jeff D. Warren
 player, 501 posts
 American - CIA
 Special Operations Group
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 00:34
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jeff growls to Thijs.  "Cease fire."

He then shouts out in Polish "We are holding fire, you may retrieve your friend.  Do not try anything funny."

If the folks outside come in, he keeps his word and does not fire.  But he is ready to at a moments notice.


Jeff Warren
Holding fire

Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 72 posts
 Dutch
 Marine Commando
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 01:02
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
Jeff D. Warren:
Jeff growls to Thijs.  "Cease fire."

"Akkoord," comes the reply.  Thijs remains at the ready, prepared to return fire if the boys do not behave themselves.

Thijs
Rear guard, north end of rubble, prone
C7A1 LSW [60/90 +(6x30, 1x90)] on bipod
Browning HP35 [13/13 +(2x13)]
No night vision
Gas Mask in place
Holding fire

Dawid Waldus Piotrowski
 player, 2965 posts
 Ex-Sergeant
 Polish Artillerist
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 08:39
Re: Return to Witch Mountain
In reply to Cap'n Rae (msg # 872):

"Griet, I can't see any more targets worth a fragmentation round. We've taken everything out! Makes you wonder why they are even bothering at this point! Do they think they're going to sink us with rifles? That's Poland for you, I'll never undersrand us.

"Want me to man another gun?"


Dawid (Light Wound, head)
PKM (90/100 + 2 ammo cans)
82mm Vasilek (2/5 HE, 2 WP, 5 HEAT)
Forward Gun tub
Observing the shore