Ch. 19: Dobiegniewo to Wloclawek.   Posted by Cap'n Rae.Group: 0
Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2898 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Fri 31 May 2013
at 17:16
Re: The Battle of Torun

Connolly draws a bead on the lookie-lou in the monitor's conning tower and squeezes the trigger. The Romanian-made AIM-74 emits a loud CLICK, but nothing more. She looks at her rifle disbelievingly and then back through the view port to see if her quarry is still visible; Konrad now fills the view port. (Stoppage!) Boots pulls the German through the hatch, and quickly slams it shut behind them.

Down on the main deck, Tucker and Jan begin to advance past the wounded boarders towards the tug's stern. The nearest Russian lies on the deck, grunting and grimacing as he brings his AK back up towards Tucker. The American puts two 9mm rounds into the man's chest, ending the threat. The second wounded boarder is in much worse shape. He screams unintelligibly as clutches his badly wounded legs with both hands. Tucker puts him out of his misery with another double-tap to the chest and reloads the Browning HP with a fresh magazine. (Tucker -4 9mmP) He and Jan have just resumed their cautious advance aft when a small green orb arcs over the corner of the raised quarterdeck and falls towards them, seemingly in slow-motion. It's a hand grenade.

On the catwalk overlooking the unfolding drama, Thijs makes another attempt to unjam the Dishka. He cranks back on the charging handle again and, this time, a long, fat, unspent 12.7mm round jumps out of the ejection port, clearing the weapon. He looks north at the shoreline searching for targets. He can see the boathouse beyond the bow and main-gun turret of the slowly receding Crocodile, but not the pier or slipway, both of which are still screened by the bulk of the monitor. (Stoppage Cleared.)

Over on the tug's port side, Jay resumes his cautious advance on the tug's stern. As he creeps closer to the corner of the raised quarterdeck, he hears voices. He doesn't understand the words, but he recognizes as Russian. At least two speakers are directly behind the quarterdeck. There's a breathy grunt and then... silence.

Above Jay, Craig attempts to eliminate the sniper on the highway bridge with HMG fire. Ten rounds of 12.7mm, every fourth round a green tracer, rocket towards the bridge. One tracer streaks below the span, the other above it. The sniper disappears, but Craig can't tell if he was hit or not. (-10 rounds 12.7mm) Danny, using a hatch door for cover, settles his sights on the group of men running towards the sniper. Given the range, the motion of the tug, and the speed of the runners, it's a nearly-impossible shot. Danny absorbs the kick of the high-powered rifle and tries to reacquire the target through the quivering scope. The enemy party has stopped its headlong rush and appears to be seeking cover. Danny realizes that his shot probably missed, but it may have had some influence on the Russians' decision to halt about a quarter of the way across the bridge and take cover. (Danny -1 round)

Down in the bows of the tug, Mariusz tries to get a response out of his gun commander. Anders' vacant stare is the only reply. Mariusz wonders if his partner may not have taken a round when the machinegunner on the pilot boat had hosed the Vasilek position earlier. If he's not wounded, Anders appears to be frozen with fear. Minh arrives on the scene, eager to shoot something and unaware of the Finn's psychological crisis.

On the Krolowa's bridge, Griet pulls back the lever connected to the 'lobster cooker' steam venting system, instantly deactivating it. The hissing white curtain around the tug falls and the tug lurches forward. Anders, Mariusz, Konrad, Jay, and Thijs all lose their balance, each man staggering to the deck from the jolt*. All five will earn bruises from the awkward falls, but nothing more serious. The Krolowa surges away from the Crocodile, each subsequent second increasing the distance between the two vessels. The monitor is still lashed to the tug by the towing cable and now, there's a pretty good chance that the monitor is also lashed to the pier as well. There's still about 30m of play in the towing cable, but it will very shortly be pulled taught. Unless someone can successfully light the cutting  charge wrapped around the tow cable, the monitor will soon become the center of a massive tug-of-war.

As the wall of steam from the homer piec rapidly dissipates, several heretofore obscured items become visible (to Kommandos with LOS). There are two boarders down on the poop, both rocking and rolling and screaming in pain. It seems that both men received large doses of scalding steam. Neither appears to be capable of posing any kind of threat to anyone on board the tug. The pilot boat is motoring east, upriver, towards the highway bridge. There's a man squatting in the back of the boat, firing long bursts from his AK at the tug, but the speed and motion of both firing platform and target, and the increasing range between them (at least 75m at present), assures that the rifleman's fire is less than accurate (Minh and Mariusz are well positioned to engage it this round, at or under 100m range).

*This fall occurs immediately after the last posted action for each of the affected characters in the narrative.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:33, Sat 29 June 2013.

Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 144 posts
 Sergeant-Majoor
 Dutch Marine Commando
Fri 31 May 2013
at 19:00
Re: The Battle of Torun
Thijs picked himself up off the deck.  He was glad he'd been facing aft when the tug lurched forward; otherwise, he might have landed on his butt and aggravated the wound there.  As it was, he'd merely banged his knees.  While he was rising, he saw the grenade falling toward Tucker and Cerny and called out, "Grenade!", barely remembering to shout in English rather than Dutch (though there really wasn't much difference between the two words).

Standing up behind the DShK, he quickly scanned for a possible target on shore.  If any fire was coming from the boathouse, he returned fire with the HMG.  If not, he scooped up his LSW and ran to the aft end of the quarterdeck, hoping to bring the grenadier under fire.

Thijs
Starboard DShK [148/200]
C7A1 LSW [85/90 +(6x30)] on bipod, on deck, SAFE
Firing at boathouse -OR-
Running to aft of quarterdeck

Craig Sutherland
 player, 657 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 2 Jun 2013
at 01:02
Re: The Battle of Torun


Looking through the steam from the quickly evaporating water on the barrel Craig lowers the HMG and fires a burst at the stern of the feeling pilot boat. With the lobster cooker not obscuring his line of sight any more he engages the nearest threat.

Holding onto something solid helps and he is able to regain his feet when the tug lurches away from the monitor.

He will continue to fire, walking the bursts up the stern hoping to hit the man with the AK as well. If they begin to receive fire from the bridge again Craig will concentrate on the group that seems to be finding cover. He assumes that Danny will continue too harass the bridge defenders so does not ask him.

Firing on Pilot Boat
Port DShK [190/200]

HK G3SG/1 (w/ Zeiss 1.5-6 x 42 mm Telescopic Sight)[20/20] w/14 magazines
L32A1 (Browning A5) 10" Barrel [4/3]
Browning HP-35 (w/ silencer) [20/20] w/2 magazines

This message was last edited by the player at 01:41, Sun 02 June 2013.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 1166 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sun 2 Jun 2013
at 07:17
Re: The Battle of Torun
"Mihn," Mariusz said asheh realised that the gunner was out of the game for some reason, "I'll get the mortar ready, you engage the patrol boat if you want to."

He gently edged Anders aside and took control of the mortar, "Mariusz to bridge," he called over the intercom, "Gunner out of action, have taken over the mortar. Do you want me to target the bridge?"
Jan Cerny
 player, 1635 posts
 Czech/French
 FFL
Tue 4 Jun 2013
at 07:43
Re: The Battle of Torun
"Grenade!" bellowed Jan as he dived for cover back the way he had come.  He crouched behind something solid as he waited for the grenade to explode but was back up again and advancing once it had gone off, ideally still linked up with Tuck.

When he pushed forward he held his rifle ready to fire, intending on putting a series of rapid single shots into any target he spotted.


Jan
Ducking back into cover from the grenade and then pushing forward again once it has gone off, firing up to 4 single quick shots at any target he spots
AK-74 (34/40rnds - 1x 40rnd & 10x 30rnd mags in total) - held
BG-15 (0/1 HE Grenade - 18x HE Grenades in total) - underslung
Sig Sauer P226 - (15/15 rnds - 4x 15rnd mags in total) - holster
Frag Grenade x2
Smoke Grenade (Coloured) x1
Hunting Knife

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 582 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Tue 4 Jun 2013
at 12:34
Re: The Battle of Torun
Jay crept forward slowly, keeping close the the structure of the Queen. When he got to the corner he carefully peered around, rifle ready. He was expecting to see two or more enemy soldiers so his finger was on the trigger ready to fire a series of single shots, or a burst if there were a lot more than two.

Jay Byanjankar
Main Deck heading towards stern on port side, rifle ready
AK74 + GL 28/30 & 1xHE

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1556 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 5 Jun 2013
at 00:47
Re: The Battle of Torun
Tucker looks up to see the grenade falling down towards him and Jan when Jan yells out the warning as well.  He also begins to retreat back and diving for some sort of cover, even if it is the two dead bodies he just put out of their misery and trying to optimize the best use of his body armor as feasible.  Robert will begin to advance again with Jan once (IF) it is clear.

TUCKER
- Browning HP [14/13] Holstered (MAIN/Primary) [1] MAG 9/13 in pocket
- M16A2 / M-203: [30/30] / M-203 HE Loaded (Currently Reloading)-  SAFE - SLUNG}
- H&K MK23 SOCOM (Suppressed) [12+1/12 + [(x2) 12/12 Mag pouch]] -
   Holstered

Diving back for any kind of cover he can get from the grenade.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:45, Sun 30 June 2013.

Daniel Larue
 player, 347 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 01:08
Re: The Battle of Torun
The sound of the Dishka drowns out the grenade drama occurring astern.  Danny settles a little deeper into his cover, tries to time the tug's motion, and tries to settle the scope on the Russians on the bridge.

Danny
upper deck B, aft hatch, using the hatch for cover against fire from the east
Sako TRG-21 [9/10] - ready, on FIRE
Winona [28/30 + 5 magazines] - slung, on SAFE
CZ 75 [15/15 + 2 magazines] - holstered, cocked and locked
AN-M8 HC smoke grenade x2 - on vest
AN-M18 red smoke grenade x1 - on vest

observing the enemies on the bridge, taking aimed shots at any worthwhile targets

Dominique 'Boots' Connolly
 Secondary PC, 77 posts
 Major
 USAF MH-53 Pilot
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 01:12
Re: The Battle of Torun
Connolly inhales sharply, nostrils flaring, and resists the urge to pitch the AIMS-74 out the door as Bayer enters.  She yanks the charging handle to eject the dud round (-1 round) and returns to the firing port, looking for a boarder to shoot...

Boots
bridge, aft viewport overlooking the stairs
AIMS-74 [24/30 + 4 magazines] - ready, on BURST
M11 [13/13 + 2 magazines] - holstered, loaded but decocked

clearing jam and putting burst fire on any visible hostiles, priority to the guy atop the monitor

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 812 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 15:10
Re: The Battle of Torun
Griet kept the Queen moving forward, if the monitor was already attached to the land then the tug of war was going to be a tough one. The land she's selected was unlikely to have any bollards that the Russians could have secured the lines to so eventually the land lines would give. The problem was what would give first, the lines or the Queen's engine.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:30, Thu 06 June 2013.

Cap'n Rae
 GM, 2902 posts
 Long-time T2K Fan
 First-time GM
Sat 29 Jun 2013
at 17:30
Re: The Battle of Torun

As the Krolowa accelerates, pulling away from the powerless (but not really drifting) monitor, the thick towing cable rises dripping from the water between the two vessels. In the next few seconds, the line is going to pull taut; something will have to give. Meanwhile, the battle raging on and around the tug continues to unfold chaotically.

Jan and Tucker, both spotting the sailing hand grenade, shrink back and seek the nearest cover. The green orb lands flush on the gunwale just a couple of feet from Tucker and seems to stick there for a second as time feels like it's standing still. Then the grenade bounces off and into the Vistula, where it explodes harmlessly. Before the resulting light shower of cold water has stopped raining on them, Jan and Tucker are back up and advancing to the corner of the quarterdeck; two Russians pop out from behind the quarterdeck at the same instant, rifles up and ready to fire. Tucker shoots first, putting a double-tap into the nearest Ivan's torso. Jan attempts to fire simultaneously but his trigger pull produces only a chilling moment of fear as his weapon fails to fire. The man Tucker's just shot stumbles backwards, bumping into his trailing comrade as the second Ivan opens fire. Jan feels an intense burning sensation in his upper left arm as a 5.45mm round rips through the meat there. As Jan reels back instinctively, Tucker fires a second double-tap at the shooter, putting a 9mm round into the Ivan's forehead and dropping him instantly. A third Ivan, just emerging behind the two fallen boarders, pulls back behind cover, spraying a wild, blind burst from his AK as he disappears from view. The rounds sizzle just inches wide of Tucker and Jan. (Tucker -4 rounds; Jan experiences a stoppage and a wound in his left arm*)

Although he's once again actively seeking targets for his HMG, Thijs, from his position on starboard catwalk, sees some of this unfold. He can neither depress nor train the Dishka far enough down and/or aft to support Jan and Tucker, so he tries to focus on the riverbank. He sees some motion near the boathouse so he fires a burst in its direction. Distance, motion, and the distraction of a brief spray of cold water from the grenade exploding in the river below make it impossible to tell whether his fire did any good. (-5 rounds 12.7mm)

On the opposite [port] side of the main deck, Jay continues his solo advance towards the quarterdeck. A dull CRUMP, followed by a flurry of gunshots, carries over from starboard. As he edges aft, the Gurkha spies two Russians on the tug's slightly elevated poop. Both men are more or less prone, but they're moving (albeit somewhat spasmodically) so Jay unleashes six rapid single shots at the pair, placing most of his rounds into both targets, stilling them. Jay is now about two feet from the corner of the quarterdeck. (Jay -6 rounds)

Above and behind Jay, Craig and LaRue are fighting their own battle. Craig turns his attention from the Ivans on the bridge to engage the pilot boat. He squeezes off a long burst at it, using the splashes of the ensuing short rounds to walk his fire into the stern of the small vessel. The last few rounds slam into the target, ejecting bits of debris and organic matter as they tear through boat and shooter both. The boat continues pulling away, but it soon starts ejecting smoke from his stern as it approaches the bridge. (-10 rounds 12.7mm)

While Craig goes after the waterborne threat, Danny takes a second shot (literally) at sniping at the Ivans spreading out atop the bridge. A couple of heads pop up, only to disappear again, while a couple others pop up somewhere else along the span. It's a bit like playing a high stakes game of whack-a-mole. One head is the first to linger as the Soviet soldiers realize that the tug's port side HMG is no longer aimed at them. LaRue centers the small target in his scope and squeezes the trigger. The head doesn't move, suggesting a miss (probably a pretty bad one too). A couple of blinking lights pop from the dark line of the bridge railing. Danny experiences the unpleasant sensation of someone punching him hard in the right quadriceps, just a couple inches above his knee. (LaRue -1 round, wound in right thigh*)

In the Krolowa's bridge, Connolly engages the Ivan peeking out from the monitor's elevated conning box, while Konrad tries to get a grasp on the wider tactical situation and Griet focusses on driving the tug. The Ivan is just raising his rifle to do some mischief when Connolly gets him back in her sights. She fires off a short burst and the man ducks back down as her rounds noisily strike the armored lip of his position. (Boots -3 rounds)

Forward of the Krolowa's bridge, Mariusz and Minh attempt to take charge of the Vasilek from the still seemingly catatonic Finnish gun commander.


*Wound severity pending med trauma check/diagnosis.


Next Moves?

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:31, Sat 29 June 2013.

Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 1167 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Sat 29 Jun 2013
at 18:41
Re: The Battle of Torun
Mariusz had finally moved the Finn out of the way and got behind the controls of the mortar. He began to lay the tube on the centre of the bridge, taking care to prepare the gun as best he could given the fluidity of the environment.

"Mihn," he said, "can you get the rest of the ammo ready please?"

Mariusz
Vasilesk 5/5 HE
Aiming at bridge

Griet Niewiadomska
 player, 813 posts
 Polish Navy - CPO
 Krakow ORMO
Sat 29 Jun 2013
at 18:43
Re: The Battle of Torun
Griet kept the Queen moving forward, "Let me know if she redlines." she asked the engine crew.
Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1559 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Sun 30 Jun 2013
at 02:13
Re: The Battle of Torun
Cap'n Rae:
As the Krolowa accelerates, pulling away from the powerless (but not really drifting) monitor, the thick towing cable rises dripping from the water between the two vessels. In the next few seconds, the line is going to pull taut; something will have to give. Meanwhile, the battle raging on and around the tug continues to unfold chaotically.

Jan and Tucker, both spotting the sailing hand grenade, shrink back and seek the nearest cover. The green orb lands flush on the gunwale just a couple of feet from Tucker and seems to stick there for a second as time feels like it's standing still. Then the grenade bounces off and into the Vistula, where it explodes harmlessly. Before the resulting light shower of cold water has stopped raining on them, Jan and Tucker are back up and advancing to the corner of the quarterdeck; two Russians pop out from behind the quarterdeck at the same instant, rifles up and ready to fire. Tucker shoots first, putting a double-tap into the nearest Ivan's torso. Jan attempts to fire simultaneously but his trigger pull produces only a chilling moment of fear as his weapon fails to fire. The man Tucker's just shot stumbles backwards, bumping into his trailing comrade as the second Ivan opens fire. Jan feels an intense burning sensation in his upper left arm as a 5.45mm round rips through the meat there. As Jan reels back instinctively, Tucker fires a second double-tap at the shooter, putting a 9mm round into the Ivan's forehead and dropping him instantly. A third Ivan, just emerging behind the two fallen boarders, pulls back behind cover, spraying a wild, blind burst from his AK as he disappears from view. The rounds sizzle just inches wide of Tucker and Jan. (Tucker -4 rounds; Jan experiences a stoppage and a wound in his left arm*)

Next Moves?

Robert tries to keep his Browning pointed in the direction of the 3rd Ivan who had popped back behind cover when two of his comrades had been shot down in front of him as he goes to Jan's side.  "Jan!  You gotta pull it together man.  I gotta get to the charge and set it or we aren't going anywhere quick.  Switch out and take my 'Sixteen'.  It's got a full mag and a HE round in the tube.  Keep that fucker off my back Jan," Robert tells Jan as he slings his (Jan's) rifle and moves off to try and set off the charge on the cable engaging any threats with his Browning HP.

TUCKER
- Browning HP [10/13] Holstered (MAIN/Primary) [1] MAG 9/13 in pocket
- M16A2 / M-203: [30/30] / M-203 HE Loaded (Currently Reloading)-  SAFE - SLUNG}
- H&K MK23 SOCOM (Suppressed) [12+1/12 + [(x2) 12/12 Mag pouch]] -
   Holstered

Moving off to try and set off the charge on the cable & engaging any threats with his Browning HP.

Mrityunjay Byanjankar
 player, 585 posts
 Naik (Corporal)
 Gurkha Rifles
Sun 30 Jun 2013
at 08:35
Re: The Battle of Torun
Jay pressed forward, aware that there may be more hostiles as well as friendliest around the corner. Keeping low he crept forward. As he did so he quickly glanced at the bodies, making sure they were dead. He then pushed on, seeing if he could spy any of his colleagues and give them support.

If he spies any hostiles he will fire again. If he sees any colleagues he will all out, "Jay!"

Jay Byanjankar
Main Deck heading towards stern on port side, rifle ready, trying to locate friendlies.
AK74 + GL 22/30 & 1xHE

Craig Sutherland
 player, 658 posts
 Lieutenant
 42 Commando Royal Marines
Sun 30 Jun 2013
at 09:24
Re: The Battle of Torun


Craig leaned into the heavy machine gun and let off another burst at the pilot boat. He wanted to be sure it was going to the bottom of the river. He then realigned the muzzle towards the flashes of incoming fire and let off another burst.

He could not hear the frantic fight taking place on the lower level of the boat partially due to his injured ear and impaired hearing, but mostly due to the monstrous report of the machine gun. He made sure he stayed behind the gun shield and gave no visible target for incoming fire.

Firing on Pilot Boat and bridge
Port DShK [180/200]
Thijs van Lincklaen
 player, 145 posts
 Sergeant-Majoor
 Dutch Marine Commando
Sun 30 Jun 2013
at 19:48
Re: The Battle of Torun
Thijs kept the big gun targeted on the boathouse, pouring in another burst for good measure.  Had any other targets presented themselves on the quay he would have traversed and given them a burst as well. 

Thijs
Starboard DShK [144/200]
C7A1 LSW [85/90 +(6x30)] on bipod, on deck, SAFE
Firing 1 Burst at boathouse, then
Firing Burst at boathouse or additional target

Konrad Bayer
 player, 1877 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Tue 2 Jul 2013
at 19:06
Re: The Battle of Torun
Bayer glances at Griet as she communicates with the engine crew then out through the bridge to the river passing by the bow. He then toggles his radio, "Tucker... Bayer." he says, sounding calm and almost casual-like. "Robert, I assume that you are occupied with something at this moment and I don't intend to delay further... but I needed that charge blown by now. Right this second would be almost as good."

While he waits for a SITREP or any sort feedback from Tucker or someone else back there with him, Bayer gets into position where he has a field of view on the bridge. There, he will kneel down, steady his rifle or arms against anything if possible, and prepare to engage any targets waiting for them above.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:07, Tue 02 July 2013.

Dominique 'Boots' Connolly
 Secondary PC, 78 posts
 Major
 USAF MH-53 Pilot
Wed 3 Jul 2013
at 02:30
Re: The Battle of Torun
Connolly stifles a wholly inappropriate giggle at Bayer's sangfroid.  "I say, Captain," she interjects in a rather good British accent, striving to match his delivery, "would you like me to wander aft and help the lads unfuck things?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:45, Wed 03 July 2013.

Daniel Larue
 player, 350 posts
 Technical Sergeant
 USAF Pararescueman
Wed 3 Jul 2013
at 02:40
Re: The Battle of Torun
"Aaaaaah motherfffffucker," Danny hisses through clenched teeth, arching his back in a futile attempt to writhe away from the pain stabbing through his leg.  He probes his right thigh to determine the extent of his injury, then frowns at the lack of blood and the accumulation of... Sand?  What the fuck?   A few shreds of canvas trigger a belated realization, as does the fresh copper-glittering gouge across the hard surface of his right knee pad.  He pushes himself back upright and brings Warren's Sako level again, scanning the bridge for the largest muzzle flash.  "Suck it, Ivan," he grinds out as he presses the trigger...

Danny
adjacent to Craig and the port Dishka
Sako TRG-21 [8/10] - ready, on FIRE
Winona [28/30 + 5 magazines] - slung, on SAFE
CZ 75 [15/15 + 2 magazines] - holstered, cocked and locked
AN-M8 HC smoke grenade x2 - on vest
AN-M18 red smoke grenade x1 - on vest

aimed shot at the most obvious target on the bridge

Robert 'Tuck' Tucker
 player, 1560 posts
 Platoon Sergeant
 10th Mountain Division
Wed 3 Jul 2013
at 08:25
Re: The Battle of Torun
Konrad Bayer:
Bayer glances at Griet as she communicates with the engine crew then out through the bridge to the river passing by the bow. He then toggles his radio, "Tucker... Bayer." he says, sounding calm and almost casual-like. "Robert, I assume that you are occupied with something at this moment and I don't intend to delay further... but I needed that charge blown by now. Right this second would be almost as good."

While he waits for a SITREP or any sort feedback from Tucker or someone else back there with him, Bayer gets into position where he has a field of view on the bridge. There, he will kneel down, steady his rifle or arms against anything if possible, and prepare to engage any targets waiting for them above.

Moving towards his objective Robert toggles his radio switch, "Bayer, Tucker.  Repelling boarders.  En route, wait One.  Copy?"
Anders Mattson
 player, 87 posts
 Kapteeniluutnantti (res.)
 Finnish Navy
Wed 3 Jul 2013
at 20:21
Re: The Battle of Torun
It was like a dream. Anders was back on the Karjala and at the hours of the battle with a Soviet minelayer on the Gulf of Finland. The 120mm main gun was booming away at the peak rate of fire - it was in effect the largest autocannon in existance with the 80 rounds per minute at cyclic. He was standing topside, directing the damage control crew in clearing out the destroyed 23mm cannon and the remains of some of their shipmates, who had been killed by the enemy fire. The crew had served together for two years on the ship and the loss was felt by everyone. But despite of that, he knew he had to carry on with the fight.

That thought snapped him out of his state of catatony and he shook his head. He frowned at his inactivity and grasped the reality again, pushing back towards the gunners position of the Vasilek. "May I", he said over the cacophony of the battle.

OOC: If Anders is given way, he'll aim at the heaviest concentration of fire from the bridge if possible and give it a shot.
Konrad Bayer
 player, 1878 posts
 Hauptmann
 Panzergrenadier
Wed 3 Jul 2013
at 20:48
Re: The Battle of Torun
Dominique 'Boots' Connolly:
Connolly stifles a wholly inappropriate giggle at Bayer's sangfroid.  "I say, Captain," she interjects in a rather good British accent, striving to match his delivery, "would you like me to wander aft and help the lads unfuck things?"


Bayer looks over his shoulder, gives a subtle smile, then a shake of his head. He then toggles his radio and acknowledges Robert's last transmission before turning his attention back to the bridge spanning the river up ahead, "Bayer, copy. Out."
Mariusz Tokarski
 player, 1168 posts
 Polish
 Teenaged Partisan
Wed 3 Jul 2013
at 21:51
Re: The Battle of Torun
Mariusz had been looking forward to firing the mortar as a new and bigger gun to add to his repertoire but the foreigner seemed to have decided to finally join the battle. The man purported to be an expert gunner and Mariusz knew that he was anything but that.

Deciding that getting out alive was better than getting into some argument about who was going to shoot the gun he said, "Be my guest."

Mariusz
AK-74 30/30
BG-1 1/1HE
Wating two aim manoeuvres to let Anders shoot
Dominique 'Boots' Connolly
 Secondary PC, 79 posts
 Major
 USAF MH-53 Pilot
Thu 4 Jul 2013
at 16:43
Re: The Battle of Torun
"Right, then," Connolly responds, still maintaining the feigned accent.  "I'll just keep playing peek-a-boo with the neighbors' kids."  She returns her attention to the aft-facing firing port and waits for a target to appear atop the monitor.

Boots
bridge, aft viewport overlooking the stairs
AIMS-74 [21/30 + 4 magazines] - ready, on BURST
M11 [13/13 + 2 magazines] - holstered, loaded but decocked

burst fire on any visible targets

This message was last edited by the player at 16:46, Thu 04 July 2013.