The Dalelands: Earthquake!   Posted by DM FairieFire.Group: 0
Shan
 player, 5 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Thu 18 Jan 2007
at 00:32
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan grinned. "I'm ready, unless there are others who would join us."

He rose and sent a pointed glance toward Eleniel and Tellorn where they sat at their own table, and his voice was pitched loudly enough to carry throughout the tavern.

OOC: It's not the best Spot check ever, but it might do...
18:28, Today: Shan rolled 17 using 1d20+3. Spot check.
Quetho
 player, 11 posts
 Init:+2  AC: 15/F 15/T 12
 HP: 22/22  Save: F4/R3/W3
Thu 18 Jan 2007
at 02:17
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Quetho grabs his pack that was under the table he was sitting at along with a light steel shield.  He slips his pack over his shoulder, but under his cloak with practiced ease, and slips his shield in place on his left arm.  "Well, I'm always ready to head out on short notice."
Tellorn
 player, 6 posts
 Init +4, AC 14/10/14
 HP 17/17, F/R/W 2/5/5
Thu 18 Jan 2007
at 02:50
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
OOC:  Sorry, guys, I haven't had much time for posting this week, and probably won't until next Monday or so.  To find out what I've been up to, have a look at the RoA OOC in a little while - I've got something to post there, before going to bed.  For now, just assume that Tellorn will agree with Eleniel, and walk over to where Shan is at, introducing himself and the lady, and agreeing to go with them.  It's almost 4AM here, and I'll need to be up in four more hours, so I couldn't manage a proper IC post tonight, sorry.
Eleniel
 player, 7 posts
 Init -1      AC 21/20/18
 HP 33/33 Saves 6/3/8* +3E
Thu 18 Jan 2007
at 05:52
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Hearing the comment more than easily with her keen elven ears, Eleniel turns in time to spot the look being sent her and Tellorn's way.  After the pair had exchanged glances, Eleniel smiled over at the two near the bar and finished her glass of wine before rising gracefully from her chair.  Leading the way to the men, Eleniel stopped just shy of them and said in a sweet, crystal-clear voice, "Four are better than two, are they not?"
Shan
 player, 6 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Thu 18 Jan 2007
at 09:21
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan returned to the same grin he'd given Quetho, "They are indeed, my lady, they are indeed..."

"If you and your companion are ready to travel?"


He gestured toward the door and waited for her affirmation before heading out.
Eleniel
 player, 8 posts
 Init -1      AC 21/20/18
 HP 33/33 Saves 6/3/8* +3E
Thu 18 Jan 2007
at 14:10
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Again Eleniel glanced at Tellorn making sure that he was ready and seeing that he was she replied, "We are.  Let us go, then, and make our introductions on the road."  And still smiling she turned and left the tavern with Tellorn in tow.
Quetho
 player, 14 posts
 Init:+2  AC: 15/F 15/T 12
 HP: 22/22  Save: F4/R3/W3
Fri 19 Jan 2007
at 02:58
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Quetho nodded greetings to the other two elves who seem to have joined him and the Tyrian.  He was a little uncomfortable that they joined only after he said he was willing to go.  'Could these two be working for my father?' he wonders to himself as he heads out of the inn.  'They seem secretive, although, so do I, I suppose...  I'll have to keep an eye on them, and not turn my back to them.  The human seems the only one I'm sure wouldn't be working for father...  He never did care too much for humans, although now it makes a little more sense...'

As they make their way out of town, Quetho makes sure that his sword is loose in his scabbard, and that nothing would hinder the drawing of it.  He's seen what happens when warriors forget to check that all too often.
Shan
 player, 12 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Sun 21 Jan 2007
at 21:44
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
As the group strolled along the roadway, Shan glanced at the others and said, "I'm Shandar of Tyr, but most just call me Shan."
Tellorn
 player, 8 posts
 Init +4, AC 14/10/14
 HP 17/17, F/R/W 2/5/5
Sun 21 Jan 2007
at 22:29
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
"And I am Tellorn, formerly of My...  of an elven realm far from here," the moon elf introduced himself, cutting himself short as he was about to speak of his former home - and it was very obvious that he had done so intentionally, as well.  "And the lady here is Eleniel Byndalael, priestess in service to Corellon Larethian, and a close friend of mine," he said, changing the subject away from himself and over to the beautiful lady who was not simply a close friend, but as far as Tellorn knew, his only remaining friend. . .
Shan
 player, 13 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Mon 22 Jan 2007
at 02:55
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan nodded. "And welcome to you both.  This other is called Quetho, though that's unfortunately almost all I know of him."

"I was raised here in Ashabenford. And I've been in Tyr's temple since before they finished the stonework."

Eleniel
 player, 10 posts
 Init -1      AC 21/20/18
 HP 33/33 Saves 6/3/8* +3E
Mon 22 Jan 2007
at 14:04
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Eleniel smiled as she was introduced and then quietly thanked Tellorn for doing so.  During their traveling she paid more attention to the scenery as they passed, looking longingly at plants and trees and anything else that reminded her of home, her nose unknowingly wrinkling in distaste as they passed things which did not impress her so.
DM FairieFire
 GM, 68 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Mon 22 Jan 2007
at 14:52
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
 The sky is a nice bright blue as you make your way out the doors and onto the road, headed towrds where the town of Tilverton once was. after only a few hours on the road however, your quest requires you to go off the road and head into the grasslands, towards the mountians.
Shan
 player, 14 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 03:48
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan glanced at the other three.  "I'll lead the way, unless one of you has more acute senses than a simple warrior priest."
Eleniel
 player, 11 posts
 Init -1      AC 21/20/18
 HP 33/33 Saves 6/3/8* +3E
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 04:35
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Elven ears perk up at the simple statement and she turns to Shan with a smile.  "I, too, am a priest.  I dabble in the art of war, but a warrior I am really not.  My senses might be a bit more sensitive than yours, but I doubt that it would be a big difference."
Quetho
 player, 15 posts
 Init:+2  AC: 15/F 15/T 12
 HP: 22/22  Save: F4/R3/W3
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 15:49
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Quetho remained quiet throughout the journey.  Since Shan had taken the initiative to introduce him to the others, Quetho figured he didn't need to spend the trip in idle chit-chat.  He did enjoy the scenery, and it was a pleasant day, but he spends the time watching the shadows, and occasionally checking over his shoulder to see what's behind them.

He just waits quietly as they discuss who should take point.  He would defintely prefer to stick towards the back.  "I'll take the rear position." he finally says.
DM FairieFire
 GM, 70 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Thu 1 Feb 2007
at 15:07
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
It doesn't take more than a day until you finally are able to see your target, a small hole in the side of the hill just a days walk from town. but already it is getting dark, and the question hangs heavy in the air....go inside and make camp or make camp a ways away and wait until morning to enter?
Shan
 player, 18 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Fri 2 Feb 2007
at 03:45
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan looked at the setting sun and glanced back at his companions.

"I don't know about you, but I'd feel better for starting out rested. How does that sound to you?"

OOC: Assuming a positive answer... ignore the rest if you want to move in now...

"With only four of us, we can set watches of two and two, if you like, or spread them out and overlap them a bit.  I'll take whatever's left after those who most seriously need their rest pick theirs."
Quetho
 player, 19 posts
 Init:+2  AC: 15/F 15/T 12
 HP: 22/22  Save: F4/R3/W3
Fri 2 Feb 2007
at 04:00
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Quetho agrees that it would be good to rest before venturing forth into the hole.  "I only need four hours of reverie so I am available to stand a double watch if need be.  I would prefer to rest soon, I've always prefered greeting the dawn."  If that is acceptable, after they find a good camping spot, he lays out a bedroll and sits upon it lotus style, with his sword across his lap.
Eleniel
 player, 14 posts
 Init -1      AC 21/20/18
 HP 33/33 Saves 6/3/8* +3E
Fri 2 Feb 2007
at 04:10
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
"We, too, need but four hours rest.  I prefer to pray under the moonlight, either before or after my reverie generally makes no difference to me, but tonight I would prefer to rest first.  Perhaps you, Shan, and I could allow Quetho and Tellorn their reverie.  Then you and I can rest, and when I am finished the moon should still be out for me to enjoy, and three of us will be on watch as the morning rises," Eleniel suggested sweetly, though obviously open to any arrangement.
Shan
 player, 19 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Thu 8 Feb 2007
at 05:04
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan nodded. "I'm used to sleeping whenever I can.  The watch lists at the temple sometimes seem designed as tests of devotion..."
Eleniel
 player, 15 posts
 Init -1      AC 21/20/18
 HP 33/33 Saves 6/3/8* +3E
Thu 8 Feb 2007
at 16:32
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Eleniel giggled in understanding and then looked to Quetho and Tellorn for their agreements before the night's arrangement began.
Quetho
 player, 20 posts
 Init:+2  AC: 15/F 15/T 12
 HP: 22/22  Save: F4/R3/W3
Thu 8 Feb 2007
at 16:53
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Quetho nods his agreement when he sees Eleniel looking for it.

Although I couldn't really follow what you said myself...
Tellorn
 player, 10 posts
 Init +4, AC 14/10/14
 HP 17/17, F/R/W 2/5/5
Thu 8 Feb 2007
at 16:58
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
"I have all the spells I shall need in my mind, so I can relieve Shan of guard duty tonight," Tellorn offered, and shrugged.  "Eleniel and I could take four hours each, easily enough."
Shan
 player, 20 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Fri 9 Feb 2007
at 00:45
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan offered a slightly rueful chuckle. "Ahh, my friend, I thank you for the offer, but not taking my share of the work would truly not be just.  I will fulfill my duty alongside the rest of you."
Shan
 player, 21 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Wed 14 Feb 2007
at 03:34
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
As evening neared and the new companions began to settle in, Shan spoke up, "Well then, if we are to journey together, we should learn something about one another."

"As you already know, I'm called Shan or Shandar... of Tyr, if it comes to that.  I'm from here in Ashabenford for most of my life.  I've been serving in the new temple to Tyr since it was completed, and if truth be told, I served even before that, as my stepfather was one of the smiths who crafted the iron work for the decorations."

"I stand with the small company of the Merciful Sword that quarters here, but I have leave to explore the surrounding countryside.  I'm skilled with sword and shield, but few other things."

"Where are you from, and what are your skills?"