The Dalelands: Earthquake!   Posted by DM FairieFire.Group: 0
DM FairieFire
 GM, 66 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Wed 10 Jan 2007
at 12:20
The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
 Nearly everyone in the town of Ashabenford has been talking about the earthquake now for at least a week. The quake was felt as far south as Arabel in Cormyr and as far north as Whitehorn in The Ride. rumors abound of the quake shaking houses and knocking over dishes, but most structures remained intact. It was a small quake, but the rumors amongst the taverns are growing that the quake has opened a small opening into the mountians just om the southern edge of the Desertsmouth mountian range, north of Tilverton.
  The barkeep Holfast at the White Hart Inn knows all of these rumors, and gladly fills anyone in as well as thier ales.
Shan
 player, 3 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Thu 11 Jan 2007
at 02:31
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan showed up at the White Hart Inn, ordered an ale and listened to Holfast relating rumors and tales as he nursed his ale.  Those native to Ashabenford had likely seen Shan around either the Temple of Tyr or at one of the smithies that had set up around the Temple during the construction.

He was only moderately tall, and fairly stocky, with the coloring of a native Dalesman, and almost always went armed, even around town, but was known to be fair and polite, almost to a fault.

As he nursed his single ale and listened, the look on his face said that he was thinking about the possibilities that these tales presented.  When there was a break in the chatter, he looked around for other faces with the same sort of look and asked, "Sounds like the sort of thing that needs to be checked out.  There are all sorts of legends about treasures lost in the deep earthways.  Who's with me to go see what we can find out at this rift, and maybe beyond it?"
Tellorn
 player, 5 posts
 Init +4, AC 14/10/14
 HP 17/17, F/R/W 2/5/5
Fri 12 Jan 2007
at 14:28
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Sitting by a table to themselves, are two elves, a female wood elf, and a male moon elf who were dressed in a simple, black and purple robe.  His companion by the table wore a breastplate armor, and had both weapons and a shield close by, but for the moment, it was the bottle of wine they had ordered earlier which occupied the two.  A finely crafted elven bow rested next to him, and a backpack laid on the floor under the table.  While he didn't actively try to listen in to any rumors, he couldn't help but hear what the topic of discussion was in the tavern.  Then, someone spoke up about searching for ancient treasures, and that caught Tellorn's attention.  Glancing over at the lady sitting by his table, he quietly whispered something across the table in a strange elven accent rarely heard in the dales anymore.
Quetho
 player, 8 posts
 Init:+2  AC: 15/F 15/T 12
 HP: 22/22  Save: F4/R3/W3
Fri 12 Jan 2007
at 15:58
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Having been listening for a couple of days to the rumors flying around about the earthquake, Quetho finally heard someone wanting to do something about it.  Sitting back in the darkened corner of the tavern, he wonders whether or not he should join the man, 'Tiverton is in the opposite direction of where I wanted to go, but I suppose its not that bad.  I've heard about back tracking to throw people off, so this would be a similar situation, just in larger scale...  Well, I've got to do something, my gold won't last forever.'  He sighs as he finally makes his decision.

He stands, showing off his height of six and a half feet as he strides towards the holy man.  As he comes to a stop in front of the man, he pulls back his cloak's hood, revealing his long silvery-white hair, and his pointed ears showing his moon elf heritage.  His dark green cloak is almost black, and he wears dark brown well-made, yet well-worn clothes.  At his waist hangs a scabbard with a He bows slightly to Shan and says, "I offer my services to your search of this opening I've been hearing of.  It has intrigued me, but I have not heard of any interested in investigating this mysterious new entrance into the depth of the earth.  I have had many teachers over my years, and am highly proficient with these weapons that I wear.  I have a few other talents as well, but those can wait to be revealed until our company is gathered to investigate the earthquake's revelation."  He speaks in a voice that you can tell reveals a high amount of education.  His light blue eyes sparkles with golden flecks as he watches Shan for a reply.
Eleniel
 player, 6 posts
 Init -1      AC 21/20/18
 HP 33/33 Saves 6/3/8* +3E
Fri 12 Jan 2007
at 16:08
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
The rumors intrigued Eleniel and so when Tellorn whispered to her, it was no difficult to decision to nod her head affirmatively.  Her accent when she spoke was much clearer, for some reason, than Tellorn's, and her answer was simple and not quite whispered.  "Yes.  Let us go."
Shan
 player, 4 posts
 Init +2 AC 18/F18/T10
 HP 32/32 F10/R2/W3
Sat 13 Jan 2007
at 00:01
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Shan looked up, and up again to see all of Quetho.  He paused a moment before replying, "Well, my friend, it's hardly 'my' search, but I welcome all able companions, and it looks like you're more than capable."

Eleniel's 'not quite' whisper reached Shan's ears, and he glanced at her and her companion inquiringly.

18:00, Today: Shan rolled 20 using 1d20+1. Listen check.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:02, Sat 13 Jan 2007.

Quetho
 player, 10 posts
 Init:+2  AC: 15/F 15/T 12
 HP: 22/22  Save: F4/R3/W3
Wed 17 Jan 2007
at 15:45
Re: The Dalelands: EarthQuake!!
Quetho nods at his acceptance to accompany Shan.  "I am called Quetho.  I am ready to leave whenever you decide it is time."  He then turns and heads back to his table.