The Dalelands: The Start Of A Journey.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
DM Wolf
 GM, 80 posts
Mon 10 Mar 2008
at 17:22
The start of a journey
It was around midday when you got out of the tower which hold the name of Rhauntide tower. You had a rather interesting conversation with Teesha Than about the missing students and their guides. She had given you a map that marked the location she knew of that had healing herbs that they most likely went to see. Those who had requested it where given half of the money up front. She wished you safe travels and hoped to soon here from you again. The elven rangers that guarded Semberholm might have seen something. She advised you to go to them unless you want to search all day and night in the woods for many months.
Sowltore
 player, 3 posts
 Init: +3 AC: 18/F 15/T 13
 HP: 28/28 Saves: F5/R4/W1
Sat 15 Mar 2008
at 12:08
Re: The start of a journey
Sowltore took the lead, going towards his horse. He opened the pack saddle and placed half of the money he had taken inside before closing the pack tightly. He mounted his warhorse. He gripped the saddle, taking a glance at each of his comrades. To him, none out of the three seemed to be a worthy opponent, and he quickly directed his eyes in front of him instead.

"Will find the rangers. Then we will find the weaklings who cannot find their way back, and tear apart anyone in our way." He spoke gruffly. His horse neighed, but he did not move. He allowed someone else to take the lead, as he was not familiar with the location of these rangers.

Edit/ Fixed typo..>.>

This message was last edited by the player at 14:06, Sat 15 Mar 2008.

Dalsein
 player, 3 posts
 Init: +3 AC:17/F 14/T 13
 HP: 24/24 Saves: F7/R9/W5
Sat 15 Mar 2008
at 13:53
Re: The start of a journey
"I don't like this," Dalsein mumbled, and shook his head.  "We Rangers of this woods know it better than anyone -  they will not have simply become lost, something is hindering them from returning.  I fear they are already dead," he finished, and shook his head slowly.  Letting out a loud whistle, Dalsein was soon joined by a wolf of the woods, hurrying over to it's master and friend.

"We set off for Semberholm, first," he stated calmly, and after casting a glance over at Storm, his friend, he began to walk, keeping no higher a pace than the slowest in the group could maintain.


OOC:  I've got a base speed of 50 feet, as well as the Endurance feat, so no mounts for me.  :p
Storm Sunstar (common)
 player, 5 posts
Sun 16 Mar 2008
at 03:44
Re: The start of a journey
Nodding her agreement with Dalsein, Storm exchanged a nervous and worried look with her friend before holding up her finger to indicate she needed a moment.  Hurrying off into the woods, in the same direction from which Dal's wolf had come, Storm was gone for just a moment before another wolf came from the same area.  This wolf, who had eyes that look just like the elven lass's who had just disappeared, went to Dalsein's other side and waited patiently to leave.
Khemed
 player, 20 posts
 Init +2, AC/F/T 14/12/14
 HP 16/16, F+3 R+5 W+7
Mon 17 Mar 2008
at 23:33
Re: The start of a journey
Khemed merely chuckled at Sowltore's gruffness.  While he wasn't as fast as the mounted man, or the ranger or his wolf, he set off at his best pace.  He'd follow the experts who knew how to follow the map.
DM Wolf
 GM, 84 posts
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 08:45
Re: The start of a journey
As the group walked towards Semberholm the light started slowly, but surely to sink. The cold winter winds blew hard on you and the trees had a few weeks ago lost their leaves, except some who managed to survive the winter months.  It was seen a few deers while you walked the woods. All seemed quiet the first few days. On the fourth day the group started to reach their destination. Then the sounds of several  bird sounds started to go of around you. A hawk was heard several times. After moving maybe for a few minuets Suddenly a group of elves with their arrows drawn at the group. One man walked closer to the group. Carrying a powerful composite longbow in his hands and a arrow ready. He is of tall height for elven standard and have many wood elf futures. He speak in elven Who are you. What are you doing so close to the holy lake that rest at Semberholm? You where out numbered as they where eight. All of them carrying composite or normal longbows. They also carried longsword except for the closest one. The two elves in the party saw clearly that it was a elven court blade.
Sowltore
 player, 5 posts
 Init: +3 AC: 18/F 15/T 13
 HP: 28/28 Saves: F5/R4/W1
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 12:57
Re: The start of a journey
He moved further still, riding on his horse. Any honourable opponent would not feel the need to outnumber their foes. Who he assumed to be the leader was tall for an elf, as he himself was, yet he towered over him atop his mount. Growing up as a wild elf in a tribe, he did not know much or care much about the elven court. Still, he did not like the fact that they dared to threaten him with an arrow to his face.

"We want to know if you seen anyone looking around for herbs and," he said with a intimidative tone in elven, leaning forwards, "get your bow out of my face.

Before I cut you in half."


12:52, Today: Sowltore rolled 23 using 1d20+7. Intimidate.
Dalsein
 player, 4 posts
 Init: +3 AC:17/F 14/T 13
 HP: 24/24 Saves: F7/R9/W5
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 19:01
Re: The start of a journey
Dalsein groaned inwardly at Sowltore.  He sounded more like a bandit or a raider than anything else, and to make such threats when they were outnumbered two-to-one was simply foolish.  Stepping in between Sowltore and the elf with the drawn bow, Dalsein spoke;

"I apologize for my companion's crude behavior, he does not speak for this group.  I am Dalsein Elladyr, Ranger of Cormanthor.  We come searching for a group of monks, who were accompanied by our fellow rangers.  They passed this way, but there have been no word from them in a tenday, and we fear for their safety.  We come to Semberholm hoping to find some clue as to where they went. . .  I did not expect such a poor welcome from fellow Or’Tel’Quessir, however.  What reason do you have to greet travellers with drawn weapons, friends?"
Storm Sunstar (common)
 player, 6 posts
Sat 22 Mar 2008
at 02:52
Re: The start of a journey
Quite upset at the way Sowltore spoke to her kinman, the druid in wolf form growled ferociously at him as if to demand he apologize and show some respect.  She preferred travel in this form, but would gladly shift back to her elven one if it proved necessary to stand with the other elves and Dalsein.
DM Wolf
 GM, 85 posts
Mon 24 Mar 2008
at 11:49
Re: The start of a journey
The other elves seem to be pulling their strings back and aiming at Sowltore. The man seemed a little spooked by the impressing stature of Sowltore on his mount, but with the back filled with seven archers he felt some what comforted by the idea. He walks up to Sowltore and says in a harsh tone. I'll aim my bow where ever I see fit. I'm one of the guardians of Semberholm and will not lower my guard even for a band dressed for war as you and your company. Two elves, two wolfs and a human. He takes a few breaths I know of the rangers you speak of. One of them is a friend of mine. Firnes. Yes the Black heart has much to carry now a days. Losing his family like that. He's a very good woodsman. Skilled in archery as many elves are. He knows this woods as well as a city dweller knows his street.  Alto why we chose to greet visitors like we did, well let's just say that we have heard strange tells about people coming to these lands. Rumor is that war is coming and might be right around the corner. We have seen many strange people moving around here. People we might expect to be of a lesser moral stature then most. Therefore we keep our guard up and show no difference between any race for evil runs in all races. Also we never know what to expect. Better to be prepared then dead.
Sowltore
 player, 6 posts
 Init: +3 AC: 18/F 15/T 13
 HP: 28/28 Saves: F5/R4/W1
Thu 27 Mar 2008
at 18:20
Re: The start of a journey
"You still not answered our question, guard, even though your story of a war is most pleasing. What of the other rangers? Where do we find them," he gives a slightly crooked smile, "or if they are dead, to whom do we exact revenge upon?"

He was not phased by the fact that the other elves reading arrows towards him. He believed that the fact that they needed to outnumbered the group as a sign of cowardice and he did not feel that they would dare to let go of their string. Besides, he could see that the leader was spooked, despite the harsh voice he was putting up. He also noticed the wolf growling at him, but he ignored it despite its ferocity.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:21, Thu 27 Mar 2008.