The Dalelands: The Poisoned Wells - Into The Tunnels.   Posted by DM Mike.Group: 0
DM FairieFire
 GM, 48 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Mon 24 Jul 2006
at 13:12
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
On hearing the word cow, Grikgrak shakes his head. "Smaller." And pulls out a half eaten sheep leg.
Rayorr
 player, 68 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:17 FF:16 T:10
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Fri 28 Jul 2006
at 15:33
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"Ahhh. I see. Unfortunately, we are not the right people to be dealing with this issue. If it were up to me, I would give you a sheep and the money, but sadly, it is not up to me. So, it is wealth that you seek?"
Vella Mlennan
 player, 295 posts
 Init: +1  AC: 18/17/13
 HP: 36/36 Save: F9/R4/W13
Mon 31 Jul 2006
at 16:28
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"I think we can work something out.  If you stop poisoning the wells, you and your tribe will survive."  Vella answered the kobold in flat tones.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 39 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Tue 1 Aug 2006
at 06:49
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
While the "negotiations" continue, Quinlan stays out of sight.

OOC: Yeah! Go Vella!
DM FairieFire
 GM, 50 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Tue 1 Aug 2006
at 13:01
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
The kobold thinks on this a moment, and his beady eyes watch you critically for a moment. "You would do this? Make sure a Kobold clan survives? Humans not trust kobold, kobold not trust human." He thinks a moment more, and grins a very draconic grin. "You make sure kobold clan live, we keep nasty goblins out of farmer field. We no poison water we guard water. We share water and you give wastefood. That be bargain?" He looks to you with a glimmer of hope.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 40 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Tue 1 Aug 2006
at 14:14
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
OOC: LOL! Kobold logic... Guess it's up to you Rayorr, if now Vella left us. We have a bit of a trouble concerning the odds, still if we fight well... You take the lead and Quinlan will follow (probably).
Rayorr
 player, 70 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:17 FF:16 T:10
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Tue 1 Aug 2006
at 21:25
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"That would be a good deal for both kobold and mankind.

Although he didn't trust the kobold, he knew that this could work. The problem was that these kobolds had killed many innocent people by poisoning the water. Was there to be no punishment for them?

"I must confer with my god to see if it is an idea that he supports.

PM
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 41 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Tue 1 Aug 2006
at 21:43
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
23:38, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 8 using 1d20+4. Listen. 

Quinlan attempts to hear what his companion and the Kobolds are talking about, feeling unsure of what is about to happen decides to slip closer. He positions himself in the tunnel just north of the entrance to the chieftains room. With the band of kobolds apparantly busy guarding Rayorr, and following the negotiations, Quinlan hopes to land at least one sneak attack should a battle break out.
Vella Mlennan
 player, 297 posts
 Init: +1  AC: 18/17/13
 HP: 36/36 Save: F9/R4/W13
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 01:03
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"That sounds like a fair and profitable proposition."  Vella answers.  "If you stop the poisonings now, we will go back to town, and talk with our chiefs.  Only they can agree to this alliance.  If they agree, things will be as you propose.  If they do not, what have the kobolds lost?  Only a few days time."
DM FairieFire
 GM, 51 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 02:41
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
The head of the kobold clan somewhat nods and hands you a small flask. with that, he motions you closer, and removes the pendant from around his neck. "We finds this on a dead human on way from old home. You keep as symbol of pact. maybe you get it work better, no?" he motions to the messenger, who hands you a small stone that was attached to the staff. "They work together to spy. we no need if human friends."
Vella Mlennan
 player, 298 posts
 Init: +1  AC: 18/17/13
 HP: 36/36 Save: F9/R4/W13
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 04:41
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"Thank you."  Vella tells the kobold, and backs out of the chamber, already wondering just who she could talk to, in the snakepit of occupied and chaotic Scarsdale city, that could and would make and honor such a deal.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 43 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 06:37
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
Seeing that the negotiations seem to have ended on "friendly" terms, Quinlan lowers the tip of his rapier somewhat and prepares to follow his companions.

OOC: Quinlan will take up a position as rear guard as we exit the tunnels, keeping an eye out for any sneaky kobolds.

"So, we're heading back?" He asks Vella.
Vella Mlennan
 player, 299 posts
 Init: +1  AC: 18/17/13
 HP: 36/36 Save: F9/R4/W13
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 14:23
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"Yes."  She replied, shortly.  "Though I have no idea who we can find in Scarsdale that can validate the deal."
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 44 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 15:34
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"Maybe I can be of help, I'm not entirely at loss when it comes to finding the right person."
Quinlan replies as he falls in behind the priests. He swirls around, making note of where the kobolds are.
Rayorr
 player, 71 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:17 FF:16 T:10
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 20:58
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels


He does not leave nor does he agree to anything before he gets an answer to his prayer. Kobold treachery was well documented and until he knew in his heart that the course of action was appropriate, the priest was resolute.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 45 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18/18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 05:47
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
Quinlan pauses at the sight of the praying priest.

"No need to rush back." he states flatly, and takes a look at the kobolds around him. Trying to catch the eye of one he then asks:

"Have you seen any of my kind around here?"

(edit: forgot to roll dice) Gather information roll: 9

This message was last edited by the player at 07:21, Thu 03 Aug 2006.

DM FairieFire
 GM, 53 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 12:25
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
 At the sight of Quinlan and his point blank question, they look at each other, and the uncomfortable silence that follows is unnerving. finally Grikgrak speaks. "We meet a...few of darkies. They are why we left our home."
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 46 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18/18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 12:35
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
Suddenly interested, Quinlan presses on: "Did they force you to leave? Is it far from here?"
Rayorr
 player, 72 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:17 FF:16 T:10
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 20:55
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"Your offer seems good, on the surface. However, it is not acceptable."

The look he casts over to Vella and Quinlan is easily translated into a Do not trust them look.  "My god has warned me that that the deal you have offered is one that a fool would agree to. Do you think me a fool???" His voice rose in anger. <Blue>"Play not with me foul kobold! Many have died and a debt must be paid for those lives. Is it your blood that should be spilled to avenge those deaths? I believe so. Tell me why I should not believe that?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:56, Thu 03 Aug 2006.

Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 47 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18/18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 21:57
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
"Did the darkies tell you to come here?" Quinlan asks in a soothing voice, his eyes half closed. "You haven't showed us how you do to poison the water, we need to see that before we can present kobold offer to human chief."
DM FairieFire
 GM, 54 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 12:58
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
The Kobold chief looks at you, his eyes narrowing, darting from one to the other. Finally, his Eyes settle on Quinlan.
"Yes, Darkies did send us here. Darkies say we need to poison human waters because they not follow deals with Darkies." His posture and his eyes suddenly change, growing very menacing. "They also say no one must know of deal with darkies or never leave cave alive."

Prepare for combat.
Rayorr
 player, 73 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:17 FF:16 T:10
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 14:10
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
The priest was prepared for a battle. Once his prayer to Lathandar revealed that the kobolds were not to be trusted, bloodshed had become inevitable. The prayer was already on the tip of his tongue "Arrette Homonis" he said as he called forth divine intervention to aid them today.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 49 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18/18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Mon 14 Aug 2006
at 15:38
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
OOC: How are the kobolds positioned with respect to Quinlan, specifically the messenger and the chief?
DM FairieFire
 GM, 57 posts
 I am NOT a pixie!
 Got any sweets??
Fri 25 Aug 2006
at 12:44
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
Quinlan is the farthest from the chief and his lackey, being almost at the most southerly end. Four Kobolds stand between him and the rest of the group, then the group stand betwen the four kobolds and the chief and his lackey messenger.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 53 posts
 Init +3, AC 16/13/13
 HP 18/18, F/R/W 3/8/0
Fri 25 Aug 2006
at 14:39
Re: Adventure 1: "The Poisoned Wells"  -- Into the Tunnels
Quinlan lashes out at one of the four Kobolds standing between him and the rest of the group, targeting one facing the chief (if any) to make use of his skills in surprise attacks.


16:38, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 2 using 1d6. Sneak attack damage.
16:34, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 3 using 1d6+1. Damage.
16:34, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 11 using 1d20+3. Melee attack.



16:39, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 8 using 1d20+3. Initiative.