You have recieved a summons.   Posted by Servant of the Dark Maiden.Group: 0
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 374 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 05:17
You have recieved a summons.
Next day in the afternoon you get instructed to come to a inns private meeting room, your told its been rented for the night.


The lord Mage is there, hes old and withered, as if he is in the last of his days, yet his mind is clearly sharp, in spite of of his declining body... he acknowledges you with a slight bow.


"Thank you for Seeing me on such short Notice Meeka" he says with sincerity.

"I have some things to mention to you, but shall we eat while we talk?"

pauses "I'll also need your companions to bear witness that what I do today I do of my own free will and without compulsion, or reservation"
Meeka
 player, 160 posts
 Female Warrior Mage
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 14:05
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Meeka moves into the room, affording the lord mage a deep bow.  "It is my pleasure, master.  it would be my honor to break bread with you."  She is in fact quite hungry and ready to break bread.
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 375 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 17:14
Re: You have recieved a summons.
he nods and brings in MANY exotic things, in Svartheims culture things this lavish are generally seen as Wasteful, either hes a braggart, or he has something really important to celebrate.

Liquours, bread, and meat of various sorts.


He pauses "Hows life treating you?


I barely ever saw the war on the front, this is the first time I've been to the prime Im afraid, Ive visted the inner and outer planes a time or two mostly just to gather components for magic items." he sighs

"My life nears its end but theirs one Kind of magic item that exists almost as a legend that Ive been seeking to create, but the cost is exoribirintly high" he laments


"Ive created many wands, staffs, as well as arms and armor over the last 230 years" he admits

"But I would like to be able to create one Sentient Item before I pass on"

"It is one of the most complex, and challenging, yet rewarding things a Wizard can accomplish... Yet I have learned the cost, and it I fear is almost unspeakably dear"

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:52, Tue 18 Dec 2012.

Meeka
 player, 161 posts
 Female Warrior Mage
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 18:25
Re: You have recieved a summons.
It takes Meeka a bit of time to find her balance, being in the presence of the lord mage.  But the aged fellow certainly seemed to be looking to set her at ease.  "Well enough, I suppose, though this is certainly a strange place.  The sky overhead, the stars, Arminna getting chummy with that Dwarf...  It's not much like home at all."

She nods and listens intently while the fellow speaks, silently stunned at the meal they were having.  Indulgent was about as pleasant a word she could put to it.

As the lord mage speaks of various planes, Meeka quite quickly finds herself out of her element.  She's heard of such of course, the masters droned on about it quite a bit when she was learning the magick arts, but she hadn't really seen herself as one who would end up traveling the planes.

As the mans words turn to the topic of a dear cost, Meeka begins to hear the other shoe drop.  "And I suppose that's where I come in?  What sort of dear cost are you asking me to undertake?"
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 377 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 19:08
Re: You have recieved a summons.
"Actualy I ask you to accept the sword, because you showed great promise as a Warrior and mage." He says


"The component I have, but the thought of it" he shudders and you see a sorrow, a trace of self pity, but resolve nontheless in his eyes, that whatever the price is he will pay it.


"I need someone to gift the sword to, Meeka you are a brilliant mage, and cunning soldier will you accept it?" he asks.


He pauses you sense he is concerned with making the right choice.
Meeka
 player, 162 posts
 Female Warrior Mage
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 14:08
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Meeka is quite surprised at the turn of events and her cheeks and ears darken a bit at her embarrassment.  "Of a certainty master, I would be most honored to bear your blade if you so wish."

Thoughts move slowly in Meeka's confusion.  She great promise, brilliant mage, cunning warrior....  She'd not received such praises in her recollection, not from her family and certainly not from her trainers.  It was quite unsettling.  And upon the heels of those thoughts, doubts start assailing her, wondering if she is indeed fit to bear the blade of the lord mage.
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 378 posts
Thu 20 Dec 2012
at 22:49
Re: You have recieved a summons.
He nods wiht a sigh


"any questions for me before I finish the enchantment It would only take 3 or 4 minutes... but I may not be able to anser much more after I do so" he explains.
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 379 posts
Wed 2 Jan 2013
at 00:59
Re: You have recieved a summons.
He draws the Sword, and begins to sing a Song, a low haunting Bass Melody.

It is suprisingly beautiful and lithe given his old age.

Runes Flash into existence on The sword,

He continues singing throughout... In the end, a Dark Sapphire embeded in the hilt, you noticed before, has gained a strange luster. The blade now reads as intensely Magical.

The Lord Mage though... he Collapses to the floor his eyes empty... and you sense the heat dissipating from his body.
Meeka
 player, 163 posts
 Female Warrior Mage
Thu 3 Jan 2013
at 15:08
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Meeka is mesmerized by the performance of the lord mage.  Entranced, her eyes are drawn to the weapon.  It's only when the fellow falls to the floor that she's brought back to the present.  She rushes over and kneels next to the mage, putting his head in her lap.  "Master, master...."  She chaffs his neck a bit and tests for his breath upon her cheek...  "Master..."  her tone softens, cutting through the years of harsh experience, making her sound like a winsome lass, "Master?"
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 380 posts
Thu 3 Jan 2013
at 15:19
Re: You have recieved a summons.
you can see the light of heat has left his eyes.

And can see it draining slowly but inevitably from the rest of his body,

The sword pulses in expectation and anticipation.
Meeka
 player, 164 posts
 Female Warrior Mage
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 20:55
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Unsure what else she might do for the fallen mage, Meeka bows her head for a moment of respectful silence.

Raising her head, her eyes fall on the blade.  Slowly, tentatively, she reaches out to touch the hilt with her fingertips.  Pushing down her timidness, she sets her hand more fully on the hilt, letting her fingers curl about it.  With a sudden movement, she swings it up over her head and then brings it down to look at it more closely.

"As is your will, lord mage, I shall bear your blade and using it, do honor to your memory and your gift."
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 381 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 21:07
Re: You have recieved a summons.
It pulses glowing and you feel words form in your mind and you know they are no imagination.


Then I am... complete, I will assume the role of this blade and will gladly answer to whatever name you give it but choose carefully, this sword will hopefully live longer then you and be passed down one day to an Heir or successor, or a trusted vassal.
Arminna Xun'sohna
 player, 201 posts
 Sword Dancer (SP) L12
 AC 2, HP 77/77
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 20:31
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Arminna had stayed in the background as Meeka talked to the Master, but rushed forward when he collapsed.  Checking him, she knew that he was gone for good and she shook her head to her friend.
Seldszar Rilyniryn
 player, 19 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 22:30
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Seldszar standing by the door out of the way during the discussion and procedure that follows, he replies "You have a good blade there Lady Meeka, now we should honor the body of the Lord Mage."
Meeka
 player, 165 posts
 Female Warrior Mage
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 20:14
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Meeka is still considering the blade, but nods as her companions speak.  "Aye, but the Lord Mage is not completely lost to us.  His words echo in my mind."

She gently eases the mage's head to the floor and stands up.  "Arminna, how best do you think we can honor his remains?"

Considering the blade, she realizes that she does not know the name of the Lord Mage or any of the attributes of the blade.  How could she honor the blade with a suitable name when she knows nothing of it.
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 382 posts
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 20:43
Re: You have recieved a summons.
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:13, Thu 17 Jan 2013.

Arminna Xun'sohna
 player, 202 posts
 Sword Dancer (SP) L12
 AC 2, HP 77/77
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 22:10
Re: You have recieved a summons.
"Pyres seem to work well for wizards.  However, if he knew the end was soon, he might have left instructions.  Do you see anything like that around?" Arminna asked, glancing around.
Seldszar Rilyniryn
 player, 20 posts
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 12:09
Re: You have recieved a summons.
When Arminna mentions that the Lord Mage might of left instructions for them what to do with his body, Seldszar looks around the room to see if he can find anything like that in the room.
Meeka
 player, 166 posts
 Female Warrior Mage
Fri 18 Jan 2013
at 13:48
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Meeka glances about half-heartedly, "He said nothing of it that I recall."  She continues to regard the blade, thinking to herself that it's care and use are the legacies that mattered to the Lord Mage, not what was done with his dead body.
Servant of the Dark Maiden
 GM, 383 posts
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 18:26
Re: You have recieved a summons.
PM
Meeka
 player, 167 posts
 Female Warrior Mage
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 21:18
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Meeka's eyes glass over and her lips moves slightly, making no sound.  After a moment, she blinks and looks around the place a bit.  "Uh, we should cremate his body and spread the ashes upon the winds."
Seldszar Rilyniryn
 player, 21 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 10:33
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Seldszar remarks it a somber tone to Meeka and Arminna,"If that what you want Meeka, sinces I am newcomer to this particular plane it ups to Arminna or her dwarf friend to do the final rites for the Lord Mage."
Arminna Xun'sohna
 player, 203 posts
 Sword Dancer (SP) L12
 AC 2, HP 77/77
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 19:46
Re: You have recieved a summons.
Arminna nods as a decision is made.  "Very well, then.  Seldszar, will you help me build the pyre?  Look around and see if you can find any rope and logs," she said as she ran through her mind for songs for this occasion.