27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 225 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 18:12
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Fools!" hisses Blondung shaking his head.  "We have more than enough troubles to go seeking more!  And if you choose to head off to your near certain deaths alone, then you might as well condemn us as well!"  He jerks his head towards his fellow two arcane spell casters.  "How are we going to survive whatever else these damn things throw at us if we split up?"  Uncaring as to who might be watching, he jerks back his sleeve to reveal the writhing red tattoos on his wrist and forearm.  "When these things jerk our string and make us continue our march, if Yvandel, Merrell and I are all that are left of us - how are we going to fare?  Tell me that!?  How are we going to deal with Gwath or whoever it is next that this damn sigil represents?"  He shakes his head in disgust.  "You unilaterally deciding to go tackle an unknown threat on the back of a tavern tale and a ghostly apparition may as well be you deciding to kill us all now!"

Again he waves his tattooed arm.  "We're all linked.  Like it or not.  We live and die together till these damn things are all gone from us and you can't just decide on a whim, however noble" he adds, glancing towards Milo, "to do something that will affect all of us."

He scowls at the four of them - Milo, Ceely, Dorn and Lucretia.  "Save your desire for justice.  If this Vampire has been terrorizing the place for the last thousand years or however long it has been, a few more months won't make much of a difference.  You can come back here and throw your lives away then when we aren't connected any more if you want.  But don't throw ours away with yours just because you fancy a fight!"  He scowls at Lucretia even more at the end.

He remains standing, waiting to see if his words had had any effect and changed anyone's mind.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 450 posts
 HP 93/93 AC 24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+12 REF+3 WIL+0
Thu 6 Nov 2014
at 03:27
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn notices the dwarf woman, and her toast, but listens to Blondung and his words.

He rises, "Fool, perhaps, but when ya' strained yerself, an begged ta go an be ah slave ta them Lichlords, day after day, this fool slept naught fer ah week, nor ate well, nor rested, an' ad ta tie yeh up, tie up meh friends against their beggin and their will, was ah terrible thing, ah nearly 'ad ta kill yon Luc there once, so yes, we be linked mah friend, and you arr, and will be mah friend, but ah give na quarter ta this, some small revenge ah'll try against them undead...now, be calm, ah 'ave a dwarven woman to talk to, an that's afar more dangerous thing than ya can imagine"


Dorn walks over and sits near the lady, "You know tha' song do ya?"
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 551 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Thu 6 Nov 2014
at 03:56
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She softly exhaled her breath as Blondung voiced his displeasure at not following the markings on their arms right away.

 "Peace Blondung, we are your friends but the streams of the forest makes twist's and turns thru the woods but it does break free and join the mightily rivers and to the vast oceans. Perhaps we are those streams that carry life to those who pause near us to drink from our water,so i would give a drink to bring life unto those who might need to see and feel our water of freedom. I would have your strength and wisdom with us but if your feet are set on a different stream then i hope we shall join soon as a river of life to those who are in hurt and pain."
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 734 posts
 HP 72/72 AC 17/13/10 in+0
 Fort+9 / Refl+3 / Will+10
Thu 6 Nov 2014
at 14:36
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
  "I may not be Stone like Dorn, or Water like Ceely..." Milo explained with a dour look on his face.
  "Or Fire," he added with a glance at Lucretia, whose enthusiasm for battle he did not share.

  "What if we die tomorrow? Who will come back here, then? I for one am tired of running on demand, tired of following silent commands, tired of feeling like I'm not in control."
 He sighed and immediately added:
  "Not that this will bring us back in charge of our destiny... but it would be nice to achieve a goal we've set for ourselves, for once. Not merely succeed at surviving when he strings jerk us this way and that."

 The young priest planted his gaze in Blondung's eyes and stated his mind thus:
  "I'd rather die today waging a right fight, than tomorrow when my puppet-master decides to jump me off a cliff."

  the only thing I can think of when a dwarf is singing:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHjgKLGVTjI
 (it used to be the 7 dwarfs singing hey-ho, but that's gone now...)

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 226 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Thu 6 Nov 2014
at 19:14
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Blondung looks defeated.  "So, there is nothing we can say to change your minds?" he demands bluntly.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 696 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Sat 8 Nov 2014
at 15:25
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv was still rocking backwards and forwards slightly, his face covered and Volo and Dolo resting against his chest as Yv took deep breaths.

"Someone should tell them!", the distinctive voice of Volo can be heard, to which the voice of Dolo replies, "That is not our call, he would not like that part of his life brought up now. If he did, he could make the statement himself." The pair seem to be agitated, perhaps by Yv's state, but there also seems more to it. For a moment there is nothing, and then Volo adds, "But they should know about his sister. If they heard about her fate, they would understand. He is a fine man, but this would break him again", after a brief moment the voice of Volo gets more emotional and says, "And I don't know if we could help him again if that happened!"

"We cannot interfere Volo, for we are here for Yv, not the others. They have their own paths, as we have ours. Let him rest, and then perhaps he will tell them himself."

It seems a while before Volo  says something else, "I cannot let him slip further, for we need him. They must know about the fate of his sister Ylanda, and that is all."

Volo's voice then rises, as if from the centre of the table itself, "Foolish friends, let me say it is good to find you fighting each other, rather than an enemy. That there is no enemy at the door, should see you resting and enjoying the life you have, for we all know the sigils threaten that every day. You and Yv have lost much, but Yv has lost more. How, you might ask, well let me tell you why Yv sits here in peril and in pain. For before his meeting with any of you he lost his sister to a vampire, one who had moved west with the night and preyed on the poor folks of the forests and villages. Ylanda was his sister's name, a name he will not recall to you without us, as the pain of her loss is still heavy with him."

"Ylanda was the fairest of the fair, beloved of Yv and all who knew her, and yet she fell to this vampire as a twig walls to the cutting blades of Luc here! The night was the darkest of the year, and Ylanda had been visiting her cousins when she was set upon. The sight that befell Yv when he found her nearly killed him, for she had been turned and was standing beside master. Some semblance of humanity seemed to have survived as she begged the vampire lord to spare his life. Yv was feverish for five days when they finally found him tied to the gravestones, and he nearly did not survive. Do not pity him, for he came through stronger, but know why he cannot join you. He fears against all that he believes, that his sister will be among those you seek to truly kill, and that is something he cannot contemplate to see or hear. If you must go, then know Yv will not come with you. I fear he will not recover well from this threat, but you should know his reasoning and his need to wait here if you go."

"All we ask is that you do not raise this with him, and that if you go, then you never mention to him what you find there."


Dolo then says in a quieter voice from the puppet, "That is enough Volo. You have said too much. Let it rest, and find someone to take Yv to his room."
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 227 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Sun 9 Nov 2014
at 00:01
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"I don't think we should go.  I certainly don't want to go, but either we all go, or none of us go" states Blondung flatly into the shocked silence that Volo's story had generated.  "Whatever our choices, only by sticking together will we have a chance of surviving them."  He slumps back into his seat, wondering if Yvandel's suddenly revealed private past would change anyone's mind.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 552 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Mon 10 Nov 2014
at 03:48
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She patiently listened to the dolls and tightened her lips as the dolls told the story about his sister and the vampire's. She glared at the dolls and back to Yv with a tightly control leash on her anger at being manipulated.

 She turned on her heel and stalked out of the common room to the outside where she could get a breath of air. Once outside she was beginning to wonder if the group could survive the way it was going.

 Looking up at the moon and stars she wished she could be walking thru the deep woods and smelling the damp grass and ferns again.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 451 posts
 HP 93/93 AC 24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+12 REF+3 WIL+0
Mon 10 Nov 2014
at 04:05
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn nearly breaks the mugs he is holding listening to the tale told by the puppets, but instead drains it. Seeing Ceely step out, he rises to.

"It's been ah an interesting evening, goodnight ta' you all, ah'm shortly of ta rest, early morning fer me..." He will go outside for the barest of moments, before heading to rest.


Seeing Ceely there, he says,  "Were ah mostly against this battle prior, after tha' puppets talk, ah'd be all in double, and ah was already goin' wotever tha' rest decided ta do.   Ah'll be geared up and leaving first dawn, goodnight and pleasant dreams"
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 784 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Mon 10 Nov 2014
at 11:19
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc sees everyones mood drop after Yv's little speech with the puppets. He shrugs and takes a sip from his mug mumbling, "what's the big deal? If that happened to me I'd make it a mission to rid the world of vampires!"
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 228 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Mon 10 Nov 2014
at 22:23
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Good try Yvandel, but it seems like we're all going to take a side trip" Blondung says grimly, sipping on his drink.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 697 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 11 Nov 2014
at 09:26
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv doesn't say anything, and even the puppets are quiet. He simple rocks back and forward in his chair.
Narrator
 GM, 488 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 11 Nov 2014
at 19:50
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The locals seem a little stunned by the turn of events, the card game pretty much forgotten in the drama of the exchange.  With Dorn and Ceely stepping outside, the mood of the rest of the Unknowns is very subdued.

Conversation slowly returns to the tap room, the locals virtually whispering amongst themselves rather than draw attention to themselves.  The card game wraps up prematurely, and the locals make their excuses and decide to head home for an early night, leaving only a somewhat embarrassed looking landlord clearing the tables.




As the dwarven woman leaves, she speaks briefly to Dorn outside in dwarvish.  "" Having said her piece, she nods and stomps off into the night, no doubt towards her home.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 553 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 12 Nov 2014
at 02:29
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She watched the stars wheel overhead for several minutes and felt the edge fade slightly before rising up and walking back inside but ignores the table she had been sitting at and heads up the stairs for a few minutes.

 Then she bounces back down the stairs and this time she stops at a distance and its easy to see that she has all her traveling gear with her this time, She smiles sadly towards the table,"I hope we dont take too much time and i agree perhaps its better for you to stay here. I wont lie to you, i dont know what is up there but at least i will be sure of what i am again. Hopefully we will be back by tomorrow evening,depending on what is there. Be in peace and may the green things feed you of their bounty."

 Spinning on her heel she turns and goes for her horse.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:30, Wed 12 Nov 2014.

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 452 posts
 HP 93/93 AC 24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+12 REF+3 WIL+0
Wed 12 Nov 2014
at 04:04
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn nods and catches the dwarf womans gaze for a moment
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 735 posts
 HP 72/72 AC 17/13/10 in+0
 Fort+9 / Refl+3 / Will+10
Wed 12 Nov 2014
at 14:32
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 The group was scattered, and Milo felt utterly befuddled. The revelation of Yvandel's story made things more confused than ever...
  "Well... that is as awkward as it gets, I suppose." he commented to whomever still felt like talking.

 After a while he retired to his chamber, and spent a good hour in prayer, seeking council in the wisdom of the broken One.

  GM, would you mind sharing some behind the curtains insight into what those decisions will mean for the party, metagame-wise? I surely don't want to go into a side quest that will take months IRL and eventually lead to a dead end because it wasn't planned as something we would pursue.

 I know that as a GM, it's frustrating to have your players dispersing in all directions and not moving forward with the main story line...

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 454 posts
 HP 93/93 AC 24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+12 REF+3 WIL+0
Thu 13 Nov 2014
at 03:48
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
When Ceely heads upstairs, Dorn moves back to the table, mostly empty cept for the rocking, distant Yv.

He gathers a few half empty drinks and pours them together.  His gear is mostly ready to go except he isn't wearing his armor or does he have his axe onhand, they can be called with but a nod.


He takes a deep drink, "Ah'm leavin' soon, it mah be that yer sister is naught mixed up in this one, but knowing arr luck, well, tis' likely.  Stay here, none'll think bad of yeh fer it, ah dunna 'ave good council, but we'll kill this vampire if we can, tis the right thing ta do,  if she's thar, do ya want meh ta end her, ah'm sorry ta ask tis' hard ta answer, but ah do not know if she can be saved, maybe Milo could draw her back, but if ye' tell meh to, ah'll spare 'er.  Though, if it were Larz, ah'd rather him free....ah'm sorry fer your loss, Yvandel, ah truly am..."  He'll sip his drink till Ceely bounces back down the steps, then suddenly is armed and armored and follows her towards the horses.
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 229 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Sat 15 Nov 2014
at 09:16
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
As Ceely appears at the bottom of the stairs all ready to travel, Blondung looks at her incredulously.  "Seriously?" he asks.  "You want to travel at night to a vampire controlled village?"

He shakes his head, scowling at her.  "What is your hurry?!  We can't split up.  We need to stay together.  If you and Dorn are so dead set on going, then we have to go with you.  But for the Gods sake, at least let us all get a good night's sleep and then we'll all set out in the morning together."

"Talk some sense into her Milo!" he says in exasperation.

He glances sharply at Yvandel.  "I know. I know.  Worst decision in the world.  But either we go with them, or they stay with us.  Splitting our group is a guarantee of death for all of us and I for one won't bide it."

His tone softens slightly, losing his sarcastic sneer that seems to infect most of what he says as he continues to regard the younger mage.  "Much that I think your puppet is ridiculous, your magic has come a long way since Neverwinter Woods - and rest assured, I have no doubt we'll need your arcane arts as well as mine and Merrell's before we're done tomorrow" he says, giving the Puppetter a strange expression which it takes Yvandel a few moments to recognise as a kindly smile.

This message was last updated by the player at 09:16, Sat 15 Nov 2014.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 699 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Fri 14 Nov 2014
at 09:37
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv stopped rocking backwards and forwards, but still held his hands over his head. Whether he heard Blondungs kind words or acknowledged them it wasn't clear, but the puppets stayed quiet which was usually a good sign. Yv certainly didn't seem to be in any hurry to move.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 555 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Fri 14 Nov 2014
at 13:11
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She stopped at the open doors of inn and turned to look softly at Blondung before answering him, "I am going to camp outside i will not cause trouble and can get a breath of clean night air and watch the stars, maybe get lucky and listen to the sounds of night creatures moving around.

 I shall see those who are hopefully going with us in the morning."


 Letting her eyes flick to Yvandel for a second she sighed and stepped out the doors.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 786 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Mon 17 Nov 2014
at 13:08
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Lus stands up and says "well I'm not sleeping outside while I'm in an inn!"
He then drains the contents of his mug and heads up to his room.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 757 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Tue 18 Nov 2014
at 01:58
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell was at a loss for words at the revelation about Yvandle's sister. He simply sat there staring at the young man.

He was not at all on board with this attack on the vampires. It is simply suicide. But Blondung was correct, we must stay together.
They want to leave in the morning with absolutely no idea what they would be up against.... Suicide.

Is it that they do not understand it is not just a vampire? It will be many vampires and Zhentarim soldiers and mages! And the vampires den must be more than a days ride from the perimeter of this curse!

Merrell is clearly distraught at the fact that no one seems to have thought any further than "Let us kill vampires!"
He stands from his seat before Luc leaves for the room and says to his fellow Unknowns still left within earshot, "ARE YOU ALL COMPLETELY DAFT?!? WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS ARE WE GOING TO DO? DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK WE WILL MAKE IT OUT OF THERE ALIVE? OR EVEN MAKE IT IN AT ALL?
Listen to yourselves! You hear the word vampire and all you want to do is run at it, swords waiving. Do any one of you know the first thing about killing vampires? it isn't that easy! And I do not even know if the books I have read are all that accurate! And what of all the Zhent soldiers?
I know you want to help these people but there really is nothing that 7 people can do against them, is there?
"

Has anyone even asked how to get to Orlbar?!"

The mage sits down with exhaustion and slight embarrassment after this outburst. He looks around seeing the room staring at him but he looks to Luc with anger in his eyes.

Taking his eyes off of Lucretia Merrell speaks to Blondung, "We should talk."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:09, Tue 18 Nov 2014.

Ildur Arntur
Tue 18 Nov 2014
at 19:00
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Gettim' t' Orlbar is simple enough. Jes follo' the trail north and yer'll get there in less than a day" interjects the innkeeper into the argument, before blushing and going back to furiously polishing a mug.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:18, Tue 18 Nov 2014.

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 231 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Tue 18 Nov 2014
at 20:19
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Blondung nods to Merrell in complete agreement.  "Yes, we should consider our spells for the morrow" he answers.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 736 posts
 HP 72/72 AC 17/13/10 in+0
 Fort+9 / Refl+3 / Will+10
Wed 19 Nov 2014
at 13:47
Re: 27th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Before bed, Milo wished to express again the bigger purpose he saw in them. He was not enthusiastic about a fight, but felt there was a duty in those granted with great powers.
  "We are no longer the inexperienced and fragile adventurers we once were, Merrel. Vampires are serious business, tremendous fighters and masters of necromantic powers beyond the ken of mortals... but we are not mere mortals any more. Along with this curse, we have been gifted an unusual destiny. The Broken One has blessed me with the power to smite the evil and to bring the righteous back to life...
 What good are these feats if I do not use them for a greater good?"


 He summed up: "Killing vampires is not easy as Lucretia will have you believe... but if anyone can do it, it ought to be us."