29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 598 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Mon 20 Jul 2015
at 22:09
29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The rest of the night is undisturbed, and just before dawn, the party are awake, rested and ready to go.  The three band members have come to, and struggle in their bonds.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 746 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 21 Jul 2015
at 10:09
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv awakens in his little fort, hoping the others have seen the error of their ways and decided to run rather than fight. Knowing that isn't really going to happen, Yv sits with Volo discussing some new vampire jokes for any future tavern outings, and Dolo butts in every now and again.

Packing the puppet away in his pack, Yv waits patiently for the others to sort themselves out and to allow everyone the chance to see this is a fools errand.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 782 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Tue 21 Jul 2015
at 11:33
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo checked on the vampire first thing when he awoke, and was satisfied to find only a small pile of dust. He did his morning ablutions and went outside to pray to the sun.  (spell list updated)

 Afterwards he had some breakfast and suggested they gathered and departed as soon as possible. There was no need to give their enemy any more time to prepare.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 805 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Tue 21 Jul 2015
at 15:20
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Before bed Merrell looks over the spells that Blondung has in his spellbook. He chooses two spells, Glitterdust and Resiliant Sphere and studies each for an hour before trying to copy them into his own spellbook.
After successfully copying the spells the wizard gets his rest and tries not to dwell too much on the horror that will be tomorrow.

After waking he gets to work memorizing spells (spell list updated) and eating breakfast. Afterword Merrell has a quick shave using a sharp knife and a mirror he keeps in his Haversack. No sense in dying with an unkempt beard. He also uses one of his first learned spells, Prestidigitation, to clean his cloths and traveling gear.

"What are we doing about supplies? Holy water, garlic, stakes?" He says to the party at large.
"And what additional information can you give us about this place, Elwin? Do you know the layout of the castle? A secret way to enter after we get to the top of our climb?"


We should all coordinate spells, also.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
0th LEVEL SPELLS KNOWN/PREPARED:
*Prestidigitation
*Ghost Sound
*Detect Magic
*Caltrops

1st LEVEL SPELLS KNOWN/PREPARED:
*Expeditious Retreat: This spell increases your base land speed by 30 feet. (9 minutes)
*Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).Pilin en' templa
*Burning Hands
*Obsuring Mist
*Obscuring Mist
*Unseen Servent

2nd LEVEL SPELLS KNOWN/PREPARED:
*Flaming Sphere
*Glitterdust
*Spider Climb
*Spider Climb
*Mirror Image: Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8)

3rd LEVEL SPELLS KNOWN/PREPARED:
*Fireball: 1d6 damage per level, 20-ft. radius.
*Stinking Cloud
*Giant's Wrath: 1 pebble/3 lvls (2) can be hurled (ranged touch +18 attk)up to 120' doing 2d6 points of bludgeoning damage (pg 106)
*Fly: Subject flies at speed of 60 ft. (9minutes)
*Sound Lance: Sonic energy deals 1d8/level damage.
*Suggestion: Compels subject to follow stated course of action.


4th LEVEL SPELLS KNOWN/PREPARED:
*Defenestrating Sphere:Succeed on RTA does 3d6 dmg and must succeed FORT save or be knocked prone. If knocked prone creature must make add FORT save or be driven 1d8x10 feet into the air, dropping 1d6 squares in a random direction and taking falling damage.1d6/ 10'
*Black Tentacles: Tentacles grapple all within 20-ft. spread<Green>Templa en' tessa. Ram en' 'kshapsa!.
*Black Tentacles: Tentacles grapple all within 20-ft. spread.<Green>Templa en' tessa. Ram en' 'kshapsa!
*Resilient Sphere


This message was last edited by the player at 18:10, Tue 21 July 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 747 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 22 Jul 2015
at 09:15
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Well, I can cause confusion amongst any normal servants, and when we are up there I can probably find where Santanico is through my Location spell. Other than that, I intend to stay ready to make everyone invisible so we can do the right think and run away!" Yv smiles at the last comment, aware they won't listen, and that he will at least be keeping his own options open when it came to a suitable escape route.

"Holy water is down to Milo, but stakes are easy enough. We have enough table and chair legs to give to Luc to sharpen while we wait. I'm going to reply on not being found, and pointing you in the right direction. Dorn will need to be looking for secret doors in the stonework alot, as I doubt they will make things easy for us."
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 490 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Thu 6 Aug 2015
at 03:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn nods to Yv, "If things arr goin' badly, run along an' tell arr tale, warn others ov arr fate,  if they dunna sway meh to their wills, ah'll fight them to mah death, and do so with happy honor ov my ancestors.  And don't count us out till the last, I go with more plans and weapons than yeh know.".
Elwin
Thu 6 Aug 2015
at 08:09
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
As the group make their final preparations to leave, Elwin steps forward.  "I have made preparations that should protect us from the vampire's domination" she tells them pulling out a scroll and tappping it on her thigh.  "It does have a limited duration, so I'll use it as just before we reach their lair."

She glances at Dorn and Lucretia, who had been busy making stakes from chair legs and nods approvingly.  Looking to Yvandel, she continues.  "You say you have a spell that can locate Santanico when we get there?  That will be useful" she says, giving the young magic user a reassuring smile.

"So, is everyone ready to go?" she asks.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 591 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Thu 6 Aug 2015
at 14:07
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Taking a deep breath she smiled but more like the predator she could be then a friendly smile. "Yes, they fear us, that will help our fight and make their efforts slow and without power. Come let us track the prey down and finish them off and let daylight clean the place up there."

 She lifts her weapon and walks out front to let the sun warm her face.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:07, Thu 06 Aug 2015.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 784 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Tue 11 Aug 2015
at 16:45
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
  "I am ready, and the Broken One favors me with blessings that I believe very useful for our specific task."

 The big Milo had prepared his gear for a good trek, his weapons and shield tightly strapped to his belt and bandoleer.
  "I will focus on enhancing our mobility to get there, ruining their efforts at dominating us, and taking care of the smaller minions, whether living thralls or undeads."

 He turned to the spellcasters and sword wielders:
  "You heavy hitters should focus on our main targets, the vampires. And their lord, when the time comes..."
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 810 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Tue 11 Aug 2015
at 20:26
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"And we mages should focus on battlefield control when possible," Merrell adds to Milo's instructions.

" Yvandel, if I remember correctly you have access to the more powerful invisibility spell. How many of those can you cast? And what is the duration of the effect? That or an illusion spell could mask our progress up the cliff and in the castle. But I am sure that you had already thought of that, " he adds with a wink to the young mage.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 750 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Thu 13 Aug 2015
at 12:54
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Invisibility? Oh, someone just remembered I am a specialist in that area I see!", Yv says, glancing at Luc before continuing, "I can give a couple of people the ability to stay invisible, even when attacking, for a short while. I can cast a sphere that works and fails like a normal invisibility spell, assuming everyone stays within 10 feet. They last about 7 to 8 minutes each. Need my other high level spells to locate Santanico. Other than that, I can confuse and distract the enemy, at least the live ones at least."
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 491 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Thu 13 Aug 2015
at 13:09
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"I'll chop them up, but how do we hurt them once they turn to gas, Luc and I can hurt them bad enough while they aren't but we need to 'ave something ta' ruin their day once they try to float away".
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 822 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Fri 14 Aug 2015
at 10:52
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc weighs in on Dorn's comment saying, "yeah, just use you magic to keep them from turning to vapor... we can then chop them to bits."
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 751 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Fri 14 Aug 2015
at 11:27
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Great idea. Not sure how we will do that, considering the ability to go into a vapour is not a spell. We can't dispel it, and turn them solid again, and will have free movement unless we can trap them inside a circle like last night." Yv is definitely in a bad mood this morning, perhaps due to his having to sleep on the floor or more likely because today was going to be his last day of free will.

"Look, there cannot be many up there. The village is their main supply of blood, and therefore cannot sustain a large group. We need to kill the boss man, which might take the others with him. The likelihood of survival is nil, but you are all determined to try. Like I said, I will fully support you in this endeavour, but I will ensure I am the one to tell the rest of the world of the demise of the Unknowns! Now, I am hoping that Santanico lies close to her master, and that is my only hope."
Elwin
Sat 15 Aug 2015
at 07:08
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Once defeated physically, a vampire turns to gas and flees to its coffin.  Once there, it returns to corporeal form and will be helpless for a while...  We need to locate those coffins, and stake them there..."Elwin interjects.   She glances once towards the marks on the floor where she had managed to trap one of the vampires.   "Trapping a vampire in a way that prevents it from getting it back to its coffin is also a way to destroy them... but that is generally more tricky..."
Rufus
Sun 16 Aug 2015
at 10:17
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Yvandel, you mentioned having a spell to make all of us invisible - assuming we stay within 10 feet of each other...  If you are going to do that - perhaps we should we all hold hands or something for the Air-walk up the cliff?" suggests Rufus.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 752 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Mon 17 Aug 2015
at 08:02
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"That would be my suggestion Rufus, although you have to stay within 10 feet of me, not each other." Yv says, before adding, "If we can get one to return to their coffin, I can track them I believe. Santanico is more likely than the other one to have a coffin close to the master, but that is an assumption on my part."
Narrator
 GM, 604 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 18 Aug 2015
at 15:52
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Gathering close to Yvandel and Milo, the group link hands so as to make sure they remain within ten feet of Yvandel, whereupon Milo and Yvandel cast their respective spells.  As Milo's spell takes hold, everyone feels a lightness underfoot, a sense of the air becoming both solid and gaseous at the same time.  By simply visualising it as solid, it could be stepped upon.  Somewhat disconcerting to see one's feet standing on nothing - but actually made easier as Yvandel's spell renders everyone's feet invisible as well.

Stepping into the air, with a few moments of disruptive tugging and pulling to keep everyone close and not lose anyone, the group start to make their way up, away from the inn's entrance, and towards the cliff face high up above the valley.   Climbing steeply through the air, as they get higher, the group get a good view down onto the village and glimpses of the rest of the valley, the various buildings and fields for the most part still deep in shadow, the sun still hidden behind the eastern hills.    Ahead of them, the cliff climbs precipitously, a huge buttress of granite looming over the north-eastern side of the valley.  The fortified building on the top casts its own shadow on the far western side of the valley, red glints of reflected sunlight flecking its battlements.   Looking up the valley,  parts of the long trail leading the long way around via the woods can be seen from time to time.  In particular, where it passes the shore of a small lake a few miles distant, smoke can be seen rising from a chimney on a small building on the shore.

As the group get closer to the keep, feeling somewhat puffed from the steep climb, they eye it carefully for possible entry points, climbing higher in the air to get a better view of it from above.

Were they on foot, they'd probably have been approaching from the left, where the trail leading up the mountain finally approaches the castle, ending between twin guardhouses of turreted stone, broken from years of use and exposure that dominate the approach.   Beyond the guardhouses, there is a chasm dropping several hundred feet towards jagged rocks, over which a lowered drawbridge of old wooden beams hangs precariously.  Beyond it, is an arched entrance tunnel leads through thick castle walls to the main castle front courtyard.

The castle walls form a rough square around the keep, with a couple of cross-walls that join with the main keep dividing the courtyard into four differently sized areas - the large front courtyard (K1), two rear courtyards, (K2 & K3), one of them also occupied by some outbuildings that look like they were probably once stables (K4), and a small overgrown garden area at the very rear (K5).

The keep itself has a couple of tall towers, the tallest one nearest - a narrow spire rising up out of the top of a much wider area to about three hundred and fifty feet or so - capped with a conical tiled roof with a balcony below it.   The shorter tower has battlements on the top, as does the one supporting the tallest tower, and a narrow stone bridge forms a catwalk that joins the two towers.

Of course, being airborne, the group could simply just air-walk over the outer walls of the castle and down into several different places - any of the courtyards, the various battlements, or simply alighting on the pitched roofs of the main keep, which appear in some places to have large holes in them.  Finally, at the very rear of the castle, where the base of the castle walls falls away in a terrifying drop, a buttress supported look-out area complete with a small balcony also poses a possible landing site.   The various windows of the castle keep all appear to be boarded up - from the inside - with only the odd arrow slit here and there still open to the air.

As the group get closer they notice that the flat roof of the castle, specifically the area at the base of the tallest tower, despite being on what must be a usually wind-swept location, seems to have a pall of mist around it that wasn't particularly visible from a distance...  Something definitely unnatural must be there...

OOC: Apologies for changing the last paragraph above - decided that I'd written it incorrectly and it gave completely the wrong mental image of the place....

Some pictures to help you visualise it:
1) Castle Walls - showing the overall scale.

2) Castle Keep Overview - showing just the main keep and the rear castle walls...

3) Castle Towers - showing the relative heights of the towers and the bridge between as seen from the front (i.e. as if coming across the drawbridge)


This message was last edited by the GM at 17:39, Mon 24 Aug 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 753 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 19 Aug 2015
at 10:00
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"I wonder if the mist means the vampires can stay out in the sunlight of the day?" Yv says, rather enjoying the view, although slightly more out of breath than the others due to the walk up the air bridge. Yv has little concern about being heard up here in the wind swept sky, so asks the question that could determine the level of danger their landing site might hold.

"I would rather see the enemy, before we step down onto the ground again. Anyone see any guards on the walls?"
Narrator
 GM, 605 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 19 Aug 2015
at 22:08
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
<DM rolls some dice>

Nobody can spot anything moving on any of the walls, roofs, courtyards.  Beyond some dark looking ivy scrambling up some of the castle walls, a few twisted tufts of grass poking up through flagstones in the courtyard and a few other plants struggling to survive in the garden area - there is zero sign of life anywhere.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:08, Wed 19 Aug 2015.

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 592 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 19 Aug 2015
at 22:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She tries to stay within the crowded circle of the spell but reached out a hand to grasp who ever was in front of her and looked sharply at the big gates for signs of traffic and a guess of when it was made.

 She did not speak but let her sense's reach out to allow the animal part of her wildness to seek out that feeling if she was being watched somehow.

 The idea of having another go at the snake dancer made her smile a crooked grin at the nice thought.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 823 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Thu 20 Aug 2015
at 09:57
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc squints his eyes trying to get a better look at the walls and towers. Being used to flying around a lot this wind walking business was something almost natural to him.

He looks around and comments, "if I were to think like a vampire, one who could turn to mist and fly, I would not need to use normal doors to access the castle. However, being a vampire, I would not be at the towers with such close vulnerability to the sunlight, but deep down at the dungeons."

Turning to Merrel he asks, "how would you go about it?"

Then as a general suggestion he adds, "I wager they are either at the tallest tower or at the deepest part of the dungeons. What do you all feel like, start at the top tower and work our way down killing everything?"

In a slightly amused tone he adds, "if we had the means it would be easier just to blow and burn the whole castle down!"
Narrator
 GM, 606 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Thu 20 Aug 2015
at 10:53
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Ceely's sharp eyes peer down towards the trail that leads to the castle, examining the ground, the drawbridge and the inside of the courtyard to try to see if any tracks could be seen...

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:02, Thu 20 Aug 2015.

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 492 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Thu 20 Aug 2015
at 14:33
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn is mostly silent on the long air march to the tower.  He's getting more used to magic, but this is just plain odd walking with invisible legs on invisible air steps.  It is a rather beautiful view and when they approach the castle, he is impressed with the construction of it, too bad its fallen to some disrepair, someone worked very hard to build it, it should have been properly maintained, that's another score to settle with the undead.
Elwin
Thu 20 Aug 2015
at 16:06
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Elwin's disembodied voice comes from somewhere close, answering Lucretia's comments despite him addressing Merrell.  "I suspect he'll keep his coffin in the deepest catacomb" she comments.  "And no doubt he'll have other undead or demonic servants to attend or protect him as well, so if we go in at the very top, we'd probably have to fight our way past all of them..."
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 593 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Thu 20 Aug 2015
at 16:10
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She listened as she climbed upward and remembered the number of tracks within the compound. "I suggest we dont forget the town guards like those that gave us a greeting that was before the snake dancers performance and dorn with his ...eyes well glued to the stage."
Rufus
Thu 20 Aug 2015
at 17:34
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"I don't think those Zhents will be anywhere near here..." interjects Rufus's voice.  "They tend to lock themselves in their barracks at night.  They know about the vampires, but so far, I don't think they're in thrall..."
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 813 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Fri 21 Aug 2015
at 16:02
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell enjoyed the walk up to the top of the cliff. The view was beautiful.
The castle looked very worn down indeed. Probably not safe to go into at all. The mist around the roof below the tallest tower is probably a magic spell. The wizard uses the Detect Magic spell (60' cone) and his Spellcraft skills (+15)to determine if the fog is magic or if any of other magic effect is in place.

"I agree. The fiends are most likely far below the surface. Yv, how are you going to track Santanico?
Remember that I have the Umberhulk statue. We could dig our way down instead of going through the castle at all. Since the land here is probably thick stone it can dig at 300 feet per minute and leave a usable tunnel for us to follow."


DM EDIT in bold above to change Merrell's wording based on the change in my description in the previous DM Post

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:42, Mon 24 Aug 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 607 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Fri 21 Aug 2015
at 17:50
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
OOC at the moment I'm assuming you are at roughly the distance that the viewpoint from the second image of the castle shows... which, is probably several hundred feet away (up and to one side)...  Once you start to approach closer - i.e. head towards a particular landing point, then I'll give further description (based on the location you choose) and you'll get the opportunity to cast your detect magic spell...


ALSO - please note that I have changed the wording of the last paragraph of my previous post as it gave the wrong visual image.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:55, Tue 25 Aug 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 754 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 25 Aug 2015
at 12:08
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"It is similar to the Locate Person spell Merrell. It lasts about an hour, and after our pleasant interlude last night with Santanico, I am sure I can detect her well enough to know where she is. I think the Umber Hulk is a good idea. Let me try the spell, and see where she is in relation to our position now." Yv says, and then casts his spell, slowly turning around to locate Santanico's direction, and the suggesting they move to another position so he can try and fix a point for her.

"It might not be very good at depth perception though, as I've never used it like that." With that, Yv tries to gain an understanding by trying to focus the direction to above or below ground.

[Yv Casts "Locate Creature", having seen Santanico the night before, and certainly long enough to give him enough to base the spell on.]
Narrator
 GM, 608 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 25 Aug 2015
at 14:50
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The group continue the pause in their air-walk journey, still a few hundred feet above and to one side of the castle as they try to decide the best place to touch-down.  Yvandel, in an attempt to aid the decision making process, casts a spell to locate Santanico.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 493 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Tue 25 Aug 2015
at 15:13
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Why don't we move a little closer so yeh can get a better look with that spell of yers?  Since the road leads to the front drawbridge yonder, I would guess that is the way they've be expecting visitors, we could come in from the back or side a bit less expected perhaps"
Rufus
Tue 25 Aug 2015
at 15:38
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Did I just hear you say you had a pet umber hulk on you?"  Rufus's voice sounds a little incredulous as he belatedly queries Merrell, almost speaking over Dorn's suggestion to enter the castle from an unexpected direction.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 755 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 08:01
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"I agree with Dorn, we should perhaps use the balcony off the back. Santanico is at the back of the castle from here, about 100 feet under the flooring. We land on the balcony, and if needed use the Umber Hulk to tunnel down. Otherwise it is a good position to start from if we want to walk through." Yv is glad his spell is working, and that he can find Santanico. Keeping his mind on the job of tracking her, Yv suggests they land on the eastern edge (K6) and move out from there.
Narrator
 GM, 609 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 09:51
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Following Yvandel's suggestion, and only too aware of the limited duration of Milo's spell keeping them in the air, the group arc around the rear of the castle, stepping down through the air towards the balcony.  The heavy thick outer walls of the castle rise up out of the bedrock of the mountainside, but the balcony area (including the small structures on it) juts some fifty feet in total away from the cliff-face, supported by gracefully arching buttresses - stonework that even Dorn would have been proud of.

The open air balcony itself is about twenty feet wide with only a low stone balustrade between safety and a thousand foot drop.  On either side of the balcony, there are a couple of roofed structures with open sides and circular stone benches, presumably to provide cover from the weather should someone want to enjoy the view in the rain.  Behind them, the terrace extends to the main castle wall, flanked on either side by a couple of small single story rectangular buildings with pitched roofs.  Where the terrace meets the wall, a solid looking portcullis bars the way through to the overgrown garden area (K5) beyond.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 756 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 10:55
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"How long will the air walk last? Did anyone else see the glass windows below this balcony? It might be the best way in, and it is on the same level as Santanico! If we smash our way in, it might also give us a chance to bypass some of the defences the vampires are likely to have in place. What do you think Milo, will the spell last for us to get down that far and in through some broken windows?" Yv asks, slightly excited they might have a quick way into the level of the tunnels where he expects to find the vampires resting.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 785 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 15:56
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
sorry guys for the long silence !

Milo agreed with the idea to land on the back-terrace. That area would probably be protected as well though, as flying creatures were not all that uncommon, but it was certainly better than to the the front gate.

 The priest replied to Yvandel: "Alas I had not seen the before... Now the spell is expanded. I could cast it again, but I would rather save that for an emergency exit if needed."

 Milo tried to see the windows below the balcony, but the angle was tricky.
  "Should one of us climb down and take a look?"
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 594 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 17:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She had noticed the inset windows below them on the cliff face and had to admit that one did not see that kind of decoration in a castle. As they landed she concentrated on the door that lead inside, the idea that they did not put some magic to guard such a place as this balcony against intruders were a stupid maneuver.

 "I am a good climber, maybe not as good as someone with spider climb magic on them but even without i am fairly good. Though i would have to wonder, if that is were the vampires are hiding out it is a bad idea to let the sun shine in there.

 Maybe they can block it out with shades or drapes of some kind but still a weak spot.
 You want me to go down and see what is there?.."

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 241 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 21:58
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
With everyone still clustered around Yvandel to stay inside his sphere of invisibility, it is impossible to see the expression of relief on Blondung's face as the group finally touches down onto the balcony.  But it is certainly evident in his voice as he heaves a sigh as his feet hit solid stone.

"I did not enjoy that!" he mutters.  "Who wants to go down and check out the windows then?" he asks.  There is the noise of some fumbling around in a pack, then suddenly the pair of spider climb slippers appear, landing on the stone floor a few paces away as he drops them so someone else could pick them up.
Elwin
Wed 26 Aug 2015
at 22:15
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"If we can get in through those windows down below, we really should attempt it - if Santanico is down there then there is a good chance Count Rughan will be too" Elwin's disembodied voice sounds close by.  "We probably have enough rope to get down there from here if it proves possible..." she adds.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 786 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Thu 27 Aug 2015
at 07:39
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 This all felt weird, talking to an empty balcony, everyone's presence only attested by their voice.
  "Can we do a quick headcount? We could have lost someone on the way up and wouldn't even have noticed..."

 After they had made sure everyone was still there, Milo asked:
  "Who has the slippers?" he was obviously referring to the magic slippers that would allow one of them to climb down safely.
  "The one who goes to check should have a good eye, and know how to recognize undeads..." he added.

  let's send someone with high perception and know:religion
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 242 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Thu 27 Aug 2015
at 08:57
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Are you volunteering?" asks Blondung.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 824 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Thu 27 Aug 2015
at 09:38
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc replies, "I'll go."

He pauses for a second and adds, "I could just fly down there and I would be invisible, but I'd hate to waste the spells. Anyone have any suggestions?"

If no one answers in five seconds Luc will pick up the slippers...

OOC: did we supply ourselves with oil for fire?
Elwin
Thu 27 Aug 2015
at 20:49
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Well whoever goes - be it Ceely or Lucretia, I suggest you firstly test those slippers before you start to climb out over a thousand foot drop, and secondly, I need to read a scroll to give us the necessary protection against the vampire's domination..." says Elwin's voice.

As she speaks, her voice can be heard moving, and then a moment later, she appear off to one side in the left hand covered area.   "I need to see the scroll to be able to read it" she explains somewhat unnecessarily.  Pulling out a scroll from a scroll tube at her waist, she unrolls it partially, then nods to herself.   She looks around, frowning, wondering how she is going to cast the spell without being able to see everyone...   "Can everyone bar Yvandel gather close to me?" she asks.  "So I can see you all..."  She frowns.  "Not sure how I can target you without you dispelling your spell first" she adds, addressing the still invisible Yvandel.

"Though on reflection, the spell can only target 8 people at a time, so perhaps if you stay invisible, then when they fail to dominate any of us, they'll not even bother trying to dominate you..." she adds..

Reading her scroll, the magic of the spell takes hold, and everyone feels a slight tingle for a moment settle over them.  "It is done.  We have about an hour and a half before I need to cast another" she says.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 595 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Thu 27 Aug 2015
at 23:27
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She snarls softly with a low rumble of the wild animals tone, "I will go down, i am most likely a better climber and i am fairly fast on my feet. Let me use the slippers for now and if i can get that spell against dominion that will give me a better then average chance to stick one of them if the are awake."

 She will hold out her hand for the slippers asking somewhat politely for them, if someone had to die then she rather it was her then another of this group.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 814 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 00:49
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell adds his thoughts on who should have a look at the window, "Ceely should go. No offense my friend but you can be quick to anger and start a fight. Besides, she can handle herself if things go awry and can study the room better with less time.
Anyway, who is be back here to protect me if things start badly.
"

I thought I had posted that Merrell gave the slippers to Dorn after he asked about them but after checking back-posts it seems I had not.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:50, Fri 28 Aug 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 616 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 08:45
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Ceely picks up the slippers that Blondung had chucked onto the floor and spends a moment, removing her own boots and putting on the enchanted ones.  She is pleased to find that the lacings bind tight enough to make the boots fit well, and, after stowing her own boots in her bag, she tentatively experiments on the wall next to them.  Gingerly at first, she places one foot up on the wall, and then, seeming to defy gravity, steps the other one up, now standing horizontally on the wall.

Gaining in confidence, she walks up into the roof of the covered area, finding to her pleasure that the magic of the slippers prevents her belongings from falling out of her pockets or her pack from slipping from her shoulders whilst upside down.  It is almost as if the slippers simply make gravity for her face directly down through the sole of the foot.

Moving to the edge of the balustrade, she steps carefully around the side, moving initially on all fours, trying to ignore the terrifying drop below her.  Soon however, the magic of the slippers reorientates her mind, and with growing confidence, she starts to walk down the stone buttress towards the cliff face proper and the windows she'd spotted earlier...


Meanwhile, up above, some of the others crane over the balcony, trying to watch Ceely's progress as best as they can.  Once she gets off the buttress however, she moves towards the window and out of their angle of vision.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:50, Fri 28 Aug 2015.

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 243 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 08:55
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"So, assuming she finds a way in...  how are we going to get down there?  If I cast Spider Climb on myself, we could all take it in turns to wear those slippers with me ferrying them back and forth?" suggests Blondung.  "Not sure I'd want to trust simply climbing down a rope" he adds.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 757 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 08:56
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv doesn't seem annoyed when Elwin mentions her potential inability to include him in the protection from domination effects of her spell, as his mind is elsewhere. Yv watches Ceely try out the slippers and then disappear under the cover of the rock. Moving back out of the way, a disembodied voice from Yv says, "Well, I suppose we have to wait until Ceely comes back. I'm going to sit over here by this building, so please be careful not to trip over me, or Volo and Dolo."

Sitting down, Yv waits for the next action from the others.
Rufus
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 09:14
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
As Ceely disappears, Rufus paces impatiently on the balcony.  "I hate waiting" he grumbles.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 789 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 09:30
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo comes next to Blondung (almost bumping into him as they are all close to Yv and invisible again) and furthers on his suggestion:
  "Your spell and a rope, just in case, then. I can Air Walk one of us down there too, for extra caution. In case we are attacked while we move... Actually, could you cast Spider Climb on Yvandel? That way way both climbers would be invisible during the descent."
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 244 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 10:43
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Blondung shrugs.  "Sure, I could do that if Yvandel is OK with that.... let's see whether Ceely thinks it is feasible or not first though..."
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 596 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 13:09
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Sliding over the edge she still was careful to be sure the slippers made contact with the stone as she moved down the face of the cliff and snaked out the rope behind her. Aiming her arrival at the side of the window, she will pause to listen outside for noise, if there is no noise she will silently edge up and looking inside to see what might be seen there in.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 597 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 14:29
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Frowning at the window she shifts herself along the panels to the third set of windows and pauses to look within again. She glance's up the cliff face and can feel the slight attempt of her body to adjust to the vertigo of standing on a cliff face.

 She looks to see if anyone is watching, if someone is watching, she will point at the glass silently and then begin to work on enlarging the opening by trying to remove the leaded glass as silently as she can.

 She could guess time was against their strike and perhaps what ever charmed token forces they had here might come along on patrol, but she would not be rushed. If she could stalk deer patiently then she could stalk these vampires with the same skill.
Narrator
 GM, 618 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 14:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Unable to see her companions from below, Ceely climbs back up and tells them that the stained glass windows below appear to be the windows to a fancy mausoleum of some sort.  One of the panes is broken, and she is pretty sure she can bend the metal and extract some of the other panes to make an opening big enough for a person to climb through...

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:24, Fri 28 Aug 2015.

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 245 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 16:29
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"So - sounds like we can gain entry down there... in which case are we going to go ahead with this plan?  I cast Spider Climb on Yvandel, he heads down there with Ceely, then once the pair of them have opened the window large enough for us to get through, Ceely goes in and Yvandel brings the slippers back so that someone else can go down...  we repeat till we are all down there?"

He looks around.  "Everyone agreed?"  He glances towards the spot where the invisible Yvandel is sitting.  "Yvandel?  You OK with that?"
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 790 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 16:35
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 "I certainly agree." Milo commented.

 "I wouldn't mind going first after Ceely -- I can fend off possible assailants while the others follow."
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 598 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 18:03
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
She lifts a eyebrow at Milo, "that is good because there are two sarcophagus that i could see inside the room, come to think of it, with the pane of glass gone or removed, they could just float thru the windows to get back to their coffins and not have to go all the way thru the castle here to get to them."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:12, Sat 29 Aug 2015.

Elwin
Fri 28 Aug 2015
at 20:52
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"I agree" nods Elwin.  "If you go first Milo, then I'll be last."  Her eyes glitter for a moment with the vain hope that this will be as simple as going in and staking a couple of sleeping vampires, and then exiting again.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 758 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 07:40
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv says from near to where he had been sitting invisible, "Fine with me, if you don't mind me bringing up my breakfast at some point. I don't think you need to worry about being invisible going down though. There is no-one to see anything. But as the gate is closed, this is our best way in perhaps."

Thinking back to something Elwin had said earlier, Yv pointed out, "But casting on me is going to be difficult whilst I am invisible...", and there was no way Yv was going to let Elwin go last.
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 246 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 07:49
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Oh that's OK, it's a touch spell.   Just let me find you first before I start to cast..." says Blondung.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 759 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 10:57
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv moves to stand beside Blondung and takes hold of his arm, so his friend can find him.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 825 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 11:56
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc nods at Merrel saying, "you want to follow me or do you want me to follow you?"

Shaking his head he mumbles at Merrel, "by the way, yeah the girlie can hold her ground in a fight but remember I can shrug off the damage. Lucky for her nothing hostile was down there."
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 599 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 12:31
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She will let them know, "So i can go ahead and start work on the opening?, or at least take up a watch?."
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 760 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 14:00
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Lets get it open, and you inside. Then I will transfer the slippers back up to get the others in." Yv says, rather looking forward to his bit in getting people in through the window, but aware his breakfast was not probably a good idea.
Narrator
 GM, 619 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 14:06
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
As Blondung approaches Yvandel, he disappears from sight, and the two of them fumble their way together before Blondung finally casts his spell.  Suitably enchanted, Yvandel approaches the edge where Ceely awaits, the remainder of the party standing clear so they didn't accidentally get bumped into once his presence made everyone invisible again.

Climbing over the edge, murmuring words to each other to make sure they stayed close, but didn't accidentally knock each other off the wall, the two clambered, invisible, down the buttresses and onto the cliff face and the windows, returning those above to visibility as Yvandel moved away.

As they arrive at the window that Ceely had identified as slightly broken. the two of them work to enlarge the opening so that Ceely could climb inside.  Pulling at the lead and stained glass carefully, individual pieces are slowly pulled free and hurled out into space to fall 1000 feet below.   Slowly the opening gets larger, till eventually Ceely whispers that she will try to enter the hole.

Stepping down onto the floor, Ceely looks around the gloomy room more carefully.   At the back, opposite from the windows, a set up wide steps lead up away from the tomb, leading into darkness, though as her eyes adjust to the gloom, she can see a faint blue glow emanating from the top of the steps.

Unlacing the boots of spider climb, she passes them out to Yvandel, who takes extra care to stow them carefully for his spider climb back to the rest of the party.  As the boots disappear from view, Ceely waits anxiously for him to return, the cold of the tomb making her feel uneasy on her own.

After what seemed like about ten minutes wait, the noise of Yvandel clambering back over the balustrade signals his return.  Chucking the boots away from him so that others can see them and pick them up, Yvandel waits for a minute whilst the first of them puts the boots on and starts the nerve wracking journey down to the windows.

OOC: I could do with an order here...  my recommendation, impatient characters last :-)  Otherwise they might start exploring before everyone else gets there and the party could probably do without having an encounter whilst split!

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 791 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 14:26
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo picked up the boots first, he slipped them on and laced them. He murmured:
  "Yvandel, I still can't see you... ready?"

 With the help of the illusionist, he reached and passed the balustrade, paced carefully down the buttress and towards the window.

 He makes the opening slightly wider if need be, then steps into the room. Without wasting time, he took the boots off and handed them back to Yv.
  "Hurry..." he whispered.

 This was the tricky and dangerous moment in their plan... the party was split and being attacked at that very moment could be troublesome. Milo reviewed his array of spells, ready to use every protection in his arsenal to buffer and buy time until the rest of the team was gathered again.

 Once Yv had left and he had lost his invisibility, he stood close to Ceely, immobile, and waited.

 Meanwhile, the young wizard could climb back up and bring the next companion.

  as for the order, I suggest whoever sees the post first comes down ;)
Rufus
Tue 1 Sep 2015
at 21:31
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
By the time Yvandel arrives back at the top with the enchanted boots, Rufus has already unlaced his own footwear and has them strung around his neck.  Grabbing the spider climb shoes, he stuffs his feet into them, grumbling about what a tight fit they are.  A few moments later, he has the laces just about done up.  Stepping to the balcony, he disappears from view as he nears Yvandel, and the pair of them can be heard disappearing off again, a few choice expletives hissing out from Rufus as he braves the vertigo.

Down below, the couple of minutes wait for Milo and Ceely seems like an eternity in the quiet tomb.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 600 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 2 Sep 2015
at 00:14
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 The longer she studied the semi dusty floor she could see the clear marks around the coffins, the only conclusion she could arrive at was that someone had come down here several times to do something with or to the coffins.

 Her hearing was not limited by the lack of sight so she took a chance and reached out to where she guessed Milo was and softly touched his shoulder and chancing it with a very soft low voice "Its me" to who ever she touched(but listened for the sound of drawn steel towards her self.)

 She allowed herself to follow the arm and arrive at Milos hand(or she hopes so) and flip it to palm side up, then she tapped his hand and walked her fingers across the palm and then tapped near his eyes and stretched his hand towards the coffins flooring. "Understand?"
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 815 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Wed 2 Sep 2015
at 00:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell decided to use one of the abilities granted to him for specializing as a Transtumer wizard. With this ability he could change his shape into that of a medium Elemental or a small or tiny animal. The wizard spoke up before the shapechange took place responding to Luc, "You can follow me, Luc. I will not require the boots. I will change shape to that of an air elemental and fly down. And you may be able to take the punishment but she knows how to keep herself out of trouble."

With that said and a wink to his friend the wizard's form changed to that of an air elemental. The cloud-like shape vaguely resembled the wizard's true form but he was only 4 feet tall with a small wind vortex for legs and visible air currents going around his body. There was a small cloud of dust forming where he touched the ground.
With a thought, and a wave to the big fighter, Merrell lifted his body off the ground and flew a little ways over the edge of the cliff then did a somersault before swiftly falling toward the opening. He was really enjoying the feeling of freedom but he quickly made his way through the opening and onto to chamber floor, landing near Ceely.

Before landing and reverting back to his true form he used the darkvision that the elemental form gave him to scan the room. (60')

(18:50, Today: Merrell rolled 30 using 1d20+12.  scan room)

Rufus
Wed 2 Sep 2015
at 08:19
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
It is as Rufus has just finishing lacing back up his own boots (Yvandel on route back to collect the next person) that there is a change in the wind noise near the window.    A whirl of dust and wind suddenly comes through the opening, a vaguely humanoid small shape in the midst of it.   Rufus leaps to his feet, drawing his sword and uttering an oath.  "Look out!" he  yells somewhat unneccessarily to Milo and Ceely as he prepares to battle this windy vampire...

(OOC: Ceely, remember - you are only invisible whilst you are within 10 feet of Yvandel - and since he is busy going back and forth between the crypt and the balcony, you and Milo were on your own and fully visible when you spotted the tracks...)


(OOC I'm assuming that since Merrell is flying, he would not have been close to the rock face and that Yvandel did NOT notice him fly past - since he is spider climbing the rock face and not looking out into open space... so hence my assumption that they pass...)

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:16, Wed 02 Sept 2015.

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 496 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 03:15
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn hates this waiting, this place, thought beautiful and well built, seems to have eyes.  He'd pace, but realizes that being invisible loses much advantage if you tromp about given up your location. So he waits, still, and quiet, for a dwarf.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 792 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 06:27
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo turns to Rufus with a stern expression of "Shut the fuck up!"

 He takes point with his heavy mace and holy symbol, ready to deal punishment to the vaguely humanoid shape should it prove to be what it seems to be...

  ready action
Narrator
 GM, 622 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 12:13
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
OOC: I've rolled initiative for the three of you...
13:12, Today: Narrator rolled 21,15,6 using 1d20+8,1d20+5,1d20+2 with rolls of 13,10,4.  Party_Initiative_Rolls:_CMm.
So Ceely gets 13, Merrell gets 10 and Milo gets 4... (plus Rufus's 6 I previously rolled)
So Ceely - how do you react to this windy thing that has just come in the window...?
After you go, Merrell has a chance to then act to clear up the confusion.

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 601 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 13:18
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 The shout shattered the quiet that had solidified within the room with the coffins and she whirled to look first at Rufus and then at the form flowing into the room from outside.

 Extending her hand out the harpoon flew silently into her hand and she began to brace herself for possible combat. Still her hunters instinct hindered her action as her question that surged into the front of her thoughts was the misty form did not look so much like that form she saw last night in town..that and it was daylight still, she had been told that vampires do not go or can not fly around in the light of day.

 So she stays braced but offers softly, "Are you of us?, if not then i will bring destruction on you and your kind."
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 816 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 15:34
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell realized his mistake after he heard Rufus yell out. This one did not know the extent of the wizards powers and he had only decided to use the elemental form after the others had began their decent.

Merrell landed and shifted back to his true form. "It is I Ceely. Lower your alarm."
Rufus
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 22:40
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"By the gods Merrell!" hisses Rufus, only too aware of the noise he had made.  "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"  He places around, a worried expression on his face.
Narrator
 GM, 623 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Thu 3 Sep 2015
at 23:19
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Meanwhile, Yvandel arrives back at the top, unaware of what had transpired.  Dumping the boots where someone could see them, he waits whilst Lucretia picks them up and puts them on.

In short order, Luc is ready, and, as the others had before him, starts the nerve wracking journey down to the tomb below, Yvandel keeping close to him, the pair whispering constantly to make sure they continued to keep track of each other whilst invisible.

By the time they arrive, the fright that Merrell had given Rufus, Milo and Ceely had passed, and luckily, Rufus's should appeared not to have summoned anything nasty...

Yet again, Yvandel waits whilst Lucretia removes the boots and then feels his way invisibly to pass them back to him, before making the return trip.

Five minutes later, Dorn and then Elwin arrive.  Those closest to the window start to go invisible as Yvandel finally climbs through the window as well and gets within ten feet of them....


Those longest in the room have had a decent amount of time to study the room, despite remaining relatively close to the windows whilst waiting for the party to re-assemble.  The large stained glass windows on the east wall are pretty grimy and let in relatively little light, making the room dim and gloomy, though it is just about possible to make out what they used to depict.   There are three main images.  The north one shows a wise-looking queen, the one on the south a regal looking king (marred only by the now significantly sized hole near the bottom).  The central one details two men—one older and dressed as a warrior, the other younger and dressed as a prince, though both look to be of noble birth..

The light is also enough to see the two large chiseled marble sarcophagi clearly.  They are both ornate with inlaid silver and brass handles, though the one on the north side of the room has its stone lid shifted slightly, leaving a gap.  On each lid is a brass plate with some form of writing on, though one would have to get closer to read it.

To the west, a ten foot wide stairway leads up towards something that seems to glow slightly blue, though without getting closer to the base of the stairs, it is difficult to see...

The room is probably about 40 feet wide (North to South), and about 25 feet from the windows to the base of the stairs (East to West).  On either side of the stairway, there are a couple of empty alcoves.


OOC: OK folks - you are now officially "in the dungeon" - so please post your actions...
Please try to be clear and unambiguous about where you move to etc and don't try to do too much in each post - I'd hate having to over-rule you.  Also, in particular, try to remember that IF you are close to Yvandel whilst he still has his Invisibility Sphere going, then you (and everyone else close to him) will still be invisible... which means you have a chance of bumping into each other etc...  Hilarity ensues...  :-)

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 602 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Sun 6 Sep 2015
at 16:45
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Waiting for everyone to arrive was a task for her instincts but finally she guessed everyone was here. Frowning at the empty air around her she whispered to the others,"Rufus, is there anyway to bar them from using the broken window to escape in a fight?, dont really want them to flee out the window and fly up to the castle above to spread the word we are here.

 I am going to have a glance at the partially open one, it would seem to beg for inspection first then we can look at the closed one while it is light."


 She will grip her weapon hard to hand and move lightly across the opening, pausing only briefly when she becomes visible, then she will continue to the partially open one.

 ooc: she will not stand between the two coffins but rather stand at the end where she can look past the slid lid into the darkness, to see what is visible.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:49, Sun 06 Sept 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 624 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sun 6 Sep 2015
at 17:32
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Without moving closer to the bottom of the stairs, it is difficult to see well what is up there...  Crouching down to get a better angle, Ceely can however just about make out that after a single flight of stairs (~20'), there is a landing of some sort which appears to have some sort of dimly glowing blue curtain stretched across it.

Stepping closer to the slightly open sarcophagi, she peers into the crack, but can't make anything out inside without more light or opening it wider...  which would involve sliding the heavy stone lid somewhat.  A potentially noisy job unless several people assisted...


 ABCDEFGH
1        
2        
3        
4!   @ LE
5!>>  CRD
6!>> Y m 
7!   @  B
8       M
9        
         



> is the stairs up
! is the blue curtain of light
@ are the sarcophagi
M = Milo, m = Merrell.
</small></Mono>
OOC: Updated with basic map.. and the description above to take into account Ceely stepping closer to the north sarcophagi....

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:08, Tue 08 Sept 2015.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 793 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 12:53
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 After the Merrel incident, Milo remained immobile and silent, his stern gaze focused on the tombs, and the opening to what lie ahead of them. As the last of the crew arrived, he took a step forward and turned to them, speaking in a solemn manner but a hushed voice:
  "Folks... we were not all in agreement to embark on this quest... but here we are. Let us have a silent prayer for our souls, should the worst happen."

 He insisted on them joining hands and praying to whomever they worshipped, while he recommended their spirits to the Broken God.
  "Be brave and be ready," he concluded.

 Milo adjusted his armour and weaponry, kept his holy symbol in hand and took a deep breath. He motioned carefully towards the stairs.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 818 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 01:03
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell bows his head and held the other's hands as they pray. His prayer will come shortly after the others stop.
The best way to pray to The Mother of All Magic is through the use of magic so he does just that. He takes a small piece of string and a bit of wood from a pouch as part of the materials he needs for the first spell. The wizard moves his hands and fingers in an intricate pattern and whispers "Yala onna quella tuulo' elea tualle.(Summon Invisible Servant)" No one sees anything happen but Merrell could feel the presence of the Unseen Servant, the invisible, silent form standing just to his left. He quietly sums up the spell to the others so they may suggest uses for it when the times come.
"The Unseen Servant I just cast can not be seen but it can open doors, drawers, lids and the like and can trigger certain traps without us being close. The Servant and I can be only about 45 feet apart or it the spell will end. We can send it ahead of us and use it as we wish for 8 hrs."

He continues immediately to another spell. This time casting Detect Magic. "Elea lle templa. (To See Magic)" Again nothing seems to happen except that his eyes glow for a few seconds. The mage scans the room looking for signs of magic.

OOC: I suggest we use the Servant to open all the closed doors we come to and go ahead of us at least 20 feet through passages and doorways.

 Is Merrell the m or the M? He will move closer to the stairwell if he is the M

Cast Unseen Servant
Cast Detect Magic

This message was last edited by the player at 09:48, Tue 08 Sept 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 625 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 08:03
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrill can be heard casting a couple of spells, but nobody can see anything since they are all still within ten feet of Yvandel, whose sphere of invisibility spell is obviously still running at this moment (1). 


OOC: M = Milo, m = Merrell  (since Milo is bigger than Merrell)  :-)
1 I was looking at spell durations and I suspect that Yvandel's Invisibility Sphere should in theory have expired ages ago...  I'm hoping Phil is going to post about either Yvandel renewing it or letting it lapse...  To be more realistic, the map should probably only show those who move more than 10 feet from Yvandel... but that would make this game even harder to run!  I imagine that a bunch of people trying to move around invisible (unless they are all holding hands) would be pretty tricky with people bumping into each other all the time...
Until the Invisibility Sphere has actually gone, please remember to post as if you are invisible, (unless you move further than 10 feet from Yvandel first!).

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 761 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 11:14
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv feels the power of his spell disappate, and appears in front of everyone else. He is not going to recast it, at least not yet, and moves to stand besides one of the sarcophagi opposite the one Ceely is near. "Anyone bothered to open them up and kill the baddies yet?"

This message was last edited by the player at 11:14, Tue 08 Sept 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 626 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 11:43
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The unopened sarcophagi that Yvandel stands in front of has a brass plaque on top of it.  Although the dust on the top of the stone lid is fairly thick, it has been wiped from the brass and a name is inscribed upon it.  "Count Rarov Tarrh"

The other sarcophagi also has a plaque on its slightly open lid.  This one reads. "Countess Salisa Tarrh".  That plaque has also had most of the dust brushed from it at some point in the past.

OOC: Just a reminder - everyone is visible again.  Thanks Phil.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 826 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 13:54
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc whispers to Yvandel, "have anything that will make me silent? I can scout right behind Merrels servant and if I get close to any vampire we meet, perhaps I can dampen their magic."

OOC: couldn't see "L" on the map. Is Luc not in the room yet?

as an afterthought he adds, "also it will make sure I make no sound when I open the sarcophagi"
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 762 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 14:13
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv looks over at Elwin and asks, "Elwin, any knowledge of where these two would fit into the vampires family tree? Seems unlikely to be vampires, but I'd hate to leave anything behind us as we go forward."

Answering Luc, Yv says, "Only a spell that would last just over a minute, which is not a lot of use I'm afraid. It is rather limited as well. If someone comes within 20 feet of you, they would notice the silence that comes with you, even through doors and walls, so it is a bit of a give away. Wish I had something better, but for the moment, I think we have to scout as a group. From the comments about Merrell's appearance, I'd hate to have you come back to us and find yourself unable to tell us it is you. You'd grow back, so to speak, but holes are holes."
Elwin
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 16:18
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Elwin frowns in thought.  "I think these might be Count Rughan's parents..." she says hesitantly.  "Though I confess I'm not sure... Count Rughan became a vampire a long long time ago..."

OOC: Apologies Luc for missing you off the map!  Corrected now - I've also moved Yvandel to closer to the southern sarcophagi.
Rufus
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 16:22
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Rufus moves up to the slightly open sarcophagi, peering at the slab of stone and estimating its weight.  "If we are careful, and several of us work together, we could probably lift these lids off quietly" he suggests speaking in a low voice.  "Or close it fully instead" he suggests, raising an eyebrow.  "They look like they'd make a pretty air-tight seal... That would bugger one coming back to its coffin!" he grins.
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 247 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 16:23
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"What magic have you discovered?" Blondung asks Merrell quietly, having recognised the spell he heard the other mage casting a few moments earlier.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:23, Tue 08 Sept 2015.

Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 819 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 18:16
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
In reply to Blondung (msg # 90):

"There are two  moderate emanations coming from inside the sarcophagi.  the strongest emanation is coming from the blue curtain at the top of the stairs. I cannot tell what school of magic until I get a closer look.", says the mage in reply to Blondung
Narrator
 GM, 627 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 21:55
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell gets slightly closer to the bottom of the stairs and peers up towards the blue curtain.  He can see that it appears to be stretched between two large bronze statues holding spears in alcoves on either side of the landing.  The stairs appear to continue up on the other side of the curtain, but he can't see more than a few feet beyond the blue light.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 820 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 02:32
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell wants to look behind the curtain but does not want to give away the group in case someone or something is on the other side of it. He is scared to do much of anything at the moment so he goes back up the stairs to the others without touching the curtains. It would be wise to talk it over with them before proceeding.

He tells Blondung, "It is a very strong Conjuration magic. Maybe a portal of some sort? Should I use the Unseen Servant to move the curtain so that someone can can see inside? Or Yvandel could use a scrying spell to see beyond the curtain. "

The wizard thinks for a moment and adds, "Although with the powers probably possessed by such an old Vampire there would be a risk of having the scrying spell detected or the room could simply be warded against it. But trying rarely hurts."
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 604 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 02:42
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Watching the mage walk up the stairs she is impressed by his courage, she would have been careful doing the same thing, even more so not knowing what the blue light was.

 "Ok, lets have a look at what is inside the coffins, much better to know now then finding out later there is something dangerous hid within the stone containers."

 Setting her weapon near at hand she moves close to the partially open stone lid and glances up to make sure others were going to help her, if they did not then they knew about her easy anger, that and the uncertainty of what she might do if she got pissed off at the coffin.
Narrator
 GM, 629 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 06:38
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
OOC: Better description for Merrell -

Curious about the blue curtain of light, Merrell goes up the stairs to look at it more closely.   It isn't 100% opaque, and he can see through it slightly, making out the steps continuing up beyond, though he can't see more than 5 feet.

The two bronze statues are of large armoured men,their spears held vertically in front of them, the butts of the spears touching the ground, the tips touching the ceiling.   Stepping closer to one of the statues, Merrell realises that there are technically gaps around the statues themselves, albeit not large enough for anyone to squeeze through, but they do allow him to peek between spear and body and see a little better as to what is beyond.  The steps do appear to go up a further 10 feet before opening out, though there are no light sources up there and it is difficult to see what might be there.
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 248 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 06:43
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Blondung shrugs when Merrell returns back down the steps.  "A portal could take us literally anywhere...  And portals can be created to detect things about the people passing through them as well and perhaps send different people to different places.."  He shakes his head, not liking it at all.  "Is there anyway we can avoid it?"
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 763 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 07:43
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv taps his fist against the stonework and says, "Well, we best get these open then, if there is magic inside, perhaps it can help us from not meeting a grisly death, or undeath, at the hands of their son and his minions."
Narrator
 GM, 630 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 09:05
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
10:01, Today: Narrator rolled 23 using 1d20+15.  Group Strength Check DC20 to move open lid.

The party work together to lift the heavy stone lid away from the northern sarcophagi, lowering it carefully onto the floor near the window.  Inside is revealed the ancient remains of a body lie draped in some form of burial shroud.  Merrell, his detect magic spell still active, indicates that it was the shroud itself that was the source of the magic in that stone coffin.

10:02, Today: Narrator rolled 22 using 1d20+15.  Group Strength Check DC25 to move closed lid.

Moving to the southern sarcophagi, the group attempt to repeat the process, though being sealed, it seems to resist their efforts, and despite straining against the brass handles, they fail to shift the heavy stone lid at all.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 794 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 12:28
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo stayed at the bottom of the stairs, is attention on the curtain of light akin to a portal. He watches.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 764 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 15:59
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Damn, it almost feels like its locked on. Let me see if I can find a lock or release mechanism. Otherwise it looks like we might need brute force." Yv says, running his hands quickly over the lid, comparing the size of it to the other one. Kneeling down, Yv takes his time looking carefully at the stonework, using the skills Vas had taught him, trying to see if there is a release mechanism to unlock the lid. Yv is assuming there is something trying to hold the lid down.

[Perception Check +11, Disable Device Check +12.
Yvandel rolled 23 using 1d20+11.  Perception check.
Yvandel rolled 29 using 1d20+12.  Disable Device Check.]

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 795 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 16:04
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 "Does anyone have a crowbar? Or an axe you don't really care for?" Milo asks.
Narrator
 GM, 631 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 19:39
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yvandel examines the sarcophagi carefully, but can't find a lock of any sort.  When Milo suggests a crow-bar, he feels pretty sure that using something to 'break the seal' is exactly what is needed.   Using a knife blade, he spends a few minutes to scrape away at the seal, before giving everyone the nod to try again.

The strongest party members gather around again, and, with ease, lift the lid carefully off, again moving it to the floor nearby.

20:12, Today: Narrator rolled 33 using 1d20+15.  Group Strength Check DC20 to move lid.

Inside, the dessicated remains of another ancient body dressed in faded clothes can be seen lying in state.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 765 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Thu 10 Sep 2015
at 08:10
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"I suppose we should have a stake ready, just in case." Yv steps back to let Merrell come forward to detect the magic inside the stone box.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 821 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 01:23
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"There is a magic ring on one of the fingers. I am going to get the Unseen Servant to remove it from the body. Luc, take a stake and stand over the body. If  this triggers something you are best suited to recover quickly. Everyone else stand back," whispers the wizard to the room at large.

Merrell will move to the opposite side of the room from the sarcophagi and will the Servant to fetch the ring without disturbing the body.
Narrator
 GM, 632 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 13:27
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
It is a little disconcerting as Merrell's invisible servant moves the body slightly to get to the ring.  It takes a moment, but finally, the ring slides off the bony finger and floats through the air towards Merrell.

Lucretia, stake in hand, remains poised for action, but the body remains inanimate.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 497 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 16:50
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Other than helping lift the coffin lids, Dorn isn't that intereted in the magic of the place, but more the mystery of it.  Once his strength isn't needed, he will walk about the rest of the room seeking any clues to its purpose or history.
Narrator
 GM, 633 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 17:40
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Apart from the once impressive stained glass windows, the two ornate sarcophagi and their grisily contents (plus the magical shroud & magic ring), there is little of interest in the room.  At the top of the steps, there is a magical blue curtain of light spread between the two upright spears of two bronze statues.  The statues are set into alcoves, though appear to be free standing within the alcoves, only just fitting.   Peeking past the statues, or even through the slightly see through curtain of light. a further flight f steps can be seen going up.
Elwin
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 17:46
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"We are wasting time!" Elwin urges.  "We really need to continue on."  She turns to Yvandel.  "How far to where Santanico can be found?" she asks.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 822 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 22:02
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell feels the same way. Time is getting away from them but if we are here we may as well take some loot.

"Blondung, I can not tell what magic spell is on the shroud. Do you want to try to determine what it is or just take it with us and figure it out later?", Merrell asks his fellow wizard.
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 249 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Sat 12 Sep 2015
at 23:01
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Blondung takes a moment to also cast a detect magic spell, and peers at the shroud.  After a few more moments, he frowns, the simply turns and shrugs to Merrell.  "Get your unseen servant to remove it and roll it up...  We can analyse it later."
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 605 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 01:00
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Seeing the two magic users getting exposed over what was in the one coffin she works to keep and eye on the other coffin for movement and also trying to watch the curtain for any signs of something entering.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 823 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 07:15
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell directs the Unseen Servant to remove the shroud giving Luc the same instructions as before.

OOC: Assuming nothing bad happens:
Merrell stows the shroud in the haversack then says, "We are ready to move on? Then I will send the Servant into the portal."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:44, Sun 13 Sept 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 635 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 08:11
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
It is a little disconcerting to see the shroud start to tug itself free from the corpse in the northern coffin before finally rolling itself up and putting it into Merrell's haversack.  All the while, Lucretia stands close by with stake in hand, but again it seems that this particular body was never destined to become undead.

Merrell, using his mind's eye, then directs the unseen shapeless force up the stairs towards the curtain.  It seems to pass through without any problem and continues up the stairs on the far side, though he has to admit to himself that how the spell ought to interact with a portal spell is not easy to predict, since the unseen servant spell has no physical body or form.
Rufus
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 08:11
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Rufus looks at Merrell and then back to the curtain of light as he climbs the steps to stand next to it. "Did you do something?" he asks, unable to see the unseen servant or any effect from it having passed through the magic curtain.

Reading Merrell's expression, the warrior grunts in impatience.  "Sod it, we'll be here all day" he mutters, turning and stepping into the curtain.  With a slight flash of light, he disappears from view.
Elwin
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 08:12
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Elwin's eyes widen with alarm as her brother steps through the curtain.  "Rufus!" she blurts, but it is too late and he has gone.
Rufus
Sun 13 Sep 2015
at 08:12
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
After a few moments, there is the sound of feet coming down steps and Rufus appears on the opposite side of the curtain, his figure just visible through the shimmering blue light.  "Its alright, I appeared just at the top of the steps here" Rufus says quietly.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 766 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 11:53
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv, being a natural sceptic, and master of illusion, doesn't believe the Rufus in front of them is the real thing, so he places a hand on Merrell's arm and says, "Careful. No wizard would waste his efforts on a permanent spell that simply puts you at the top of the stairs you cover over."

Turning to Elwin, Yv asks her, "Ask him something only he could know, something no-one else would be able to guess without being him!"
Elwin
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 12:25
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Elwin looks surprised at Yvandel's suggestion, not having considered that possibility.   She hesitates a moment, then asks Rufus a question.  "How many eggs did you eat that time?" she asks.
Rufus
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 12:26
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Rufus snorts.  "Twenty three" he grins back through the curtain of light.
Elwin
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 12:30
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Yeah, that's him alright" she says.  She too steps forward into the portal, vanishing with a flash, presumably to re-appear at the top of the steps continuing up.

On the other side of the blue tinted portal, Rufus turns and starts to make his way back up the steps, disappearing from view.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 498 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 17:47
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn watches the siblings both go through the curtain of light, looks at the coffins again and adds.

"Maybe these two knew their son had turned into the undead.  If that curtain just moves you to the top of the steps from either direction, maybe they put it up to protect themselves.  When one died, the other put a protective shroud over the other, sealed the coffin, and climbed in the other and shut it nearly all the way and died themselves." He shrugs, "Just a thought". And follows the other two through the curtain.
Narrator
 GM, 636 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 19:23
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn appears at the top of the steps, where he finds Rufus and Elwin.  Behind him is the faint blue glow of the portal at the bottom of the flight of steps where he can just make out some of his companions about to also pass through the portal.   Ahead however there is no light at all - something which he can hear Rufus and Elwin grumbling about next to him.   Luckily for him, his dwarven dark vision allows him to see the lay of the land somewhat.

The area at the top of the steps opens up into a wider corridor, but with what looks like regular ten foot wide passages leading off north and south at regular intervals.   In between the passages are what look like might be doors - the nearest of which is only ten to 15 feet away. 

OOC: There are doors in the walls at the following locations on the map: (I'll specify the intersections rather than the cells)  I've marked walls with a "." in the cell...  If it doesn't have a "." in it and it is grey, then consider it in the dark/unknown.
A/B/10/11, E/F/10/11, I/J/10/11  and
A/B/14/15, E/F/14/15, I/J/14/15



 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
1                       
2        .              
3                       
4                       
5       .               
6       .  ..           
7                       
8                 ......
9     .   .  .    .     
10..  ..  ..  ......     
11             ..!.. @   
12           ER>>!MBC    
13           D >>!YML    
14             ..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..  ......     
16     .   .  .    .     
17                 ......
18                       
19       .  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:55, Tue 15 Sept 2015.

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 499 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 20:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn will do a quick check over of himself and if all looks normal, he will say back down the stairs,  "I'm fine, at the top of the stairs...."
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 606 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Mon 14 Sep 2015
at 23:15
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 No to thrilled with the idea of testing something that may have been used by the vampires as a trap or a trip alarm, still she would not let them go ahead without her alongside, ready for a chance to strike back at the vampires, the memory of the one dancing with the stupid snake still angered her.

 Walking forward she will follow Dorn with her weapon out and ready to deal payback.
Narrator
 GM, 637 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 06:59
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn checks himself over and seems to have everything with him and be in one piece.  Ceely appears just behind him a moment later, having come through the portal.  Despite Ceely's low light vision, there is barely any light coming up the stairs from the blue portal, and ahead of her it is pretty much pitch black, though there is a feeling of a more open space.  To one side, Rufus and Elwin are whispering to each other something about lighting torches or providing more magical light.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 796 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 08:22
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 This try and see method was not much to Milo's liking, but to be honest there was little other options.

 The priest thus followed through the curtain of light. Once he was safe at the top of the stairs, he commented to Dorn:
  "Makes sense... you could have been an investigator." he chuckled.

  "I wonder however... do you think the vampires did not realize they could fly to the window and slip through thanks to their gaseous form? We don't know who wiped the dust from the plaques, either."

 He cast a simple cantrip on his heavy mace. The weapon started casting a pale blue light, providing sufficient illumination for them to see some 30ft ahead.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 824 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 09:00
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell was not overly excited about going through this portal. It may seem safe enough but it really did not make sense as to why it would be here. Unless coming this way was safe but it was more to keep anyone from coming through the other side...
The wizard looked to his fellow spellcasters and Luc, "What do you think? It seems safe enough. Mayhap it is only dangerous if coming from the other side? To keep anyone out of here."
Narrator
 GM, 638 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 09:18
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The light from Milo's glowing mace illuminates the surroundings more clearly, and as it does so, there is a general rustling noise coming from above.  Looking up, the group at the top of the steps can see that the arched ceiling fifteen foot overhead seems to almost be fluid, moving subtly.  For a second it is puzzling, but then they realise that the entire ceiling is covered in bats.

At ground level, the light illuminates the level paving slab floor of the area around them.  Surprisingly, given the number of bats roosting overhead, it is not covered by bat guano.  Where the arched ceiling comes down to ground level, it seems to come down in ten foot square cubes of close fitted stone - each with a door on.  The whole sense of the place is that each cube is probably a crypt.   The two doors visible in Milo's light appear to be made of heavy stone.  The one on the right appears to have a brass plate on it with a name or something engraved upon it (at the intersection of I/J/10/11).  The one opposite has no brass plate.

OOC: I've reduced the visibility down to roughly Milo's 30' radius light...  The bit I showed before was Dorn's 60' dark vision.   I'll try to keep the map updated as you guys move so that the "." marks showing where walls are can be seen at the radius of 60' by Dorn at least...

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
1                       
2        .              
3                       
4                       
5       .               
6      ..  ..           
7              .        
8              .  ......
9     .  ..  ...  .     
10..  ..  ..  ......     
11             ..!.. @   
12          ER >>!B L    
13          DM >>!Ym     
14          C  ..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..  ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:04, Tue 15 Sept 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 767 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 09:25
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"The vampires would get through easy. Around the outside of these statues, for one. No, the screen is to keep us in. Which scares me, Volo and Dolo a lot! Perhaps this is the vampires play area where they bring their live victims and laugh at them as they keep coming back to the top of the stairs! Now we know. If we have to run, someone destroy the statues and we squeeze past the rubble! OK?" Yv, shaking a little at his own explanation can see it would make a very good delaying trap for the complex of tunnels the others were describing ahead. Stepping through the curtain was something he would rather not do, but knew he would be leaving the others to die if he wasn't going himself to aid them.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 797 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 09:43
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo gasped as Yvandel gave quite an other explanation...
  "Obviously... that doesn't bode well. But at least we have a contingency plan now."

 The priest silently reviewed his spell repertoire to consider other options. He raised his mace slightly to get a better view of the bats.
Narrator
 GM, 639 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 09:59
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The bats seem to agitate slightly when Milo brings the light closer, one or two of them dropping off the ceiling, flapping around for a moment and then finding s new spot to roost.  It is clear that they are more interested in sleeping at the moment rather than flying around, though if Milo hated to think what this corridor would look like if there were all disturbed to flight at once!
Elwin
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 10:03
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Elwin looks somewhat relieved as Milo creates a light source, and shudders slightly on seeing the bats.  As Yvandel pops into being at the top of the steps, she glances at him.  "Where does your location spell say to go?" she asks quietly.
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 250 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 10:11
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Blondung glances at Merrell and Lucretia.  "Well I guess we ought to stick together" he mutters sourly, stepping into the portal after Yvandel.

At the top of the (now slightly crowded) steps he glances back down at the portal.  "Perhaps we ought to test the return journey?" he suggests.

He moves down the steps and steps into the portal again, this time from the west side.  With a small flash of light, he pops back into being at the top of the steps again.  "As Yvandel says, we'll need to either destroy the statues, go through the walls, or find another exit..."
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 768 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 11:28
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv smiles a little as Blondung proves a part of his theory, and then turns back to Elwin. Indicating the northern passage, Yv says to them all, "Well, our little undead dancer is in that direction, and very close. Before we go in, are we agreed that Luc does the deed, as he has a nice pointy stick ready for action? I'm sure in any other situation our friend Luc would like to use another weapon of his on such a beautiful lady!", Yv jokes, trying to lighten the rather morbid atmosphere the bats and the darkness by joking about Luc's previous with the ladies.

"I want to go invisible and scout out everything first, but in this darkness I would be useless. Light would rather defeat the object of any stealthy searching. I'll lead the way to check for traps, and then we can progress to take out Santanico. I would anticipate all the hells breaking out in here at that point, so if anyone can contol the bats or blow them away, it might help with concentration and staying alive!"
Elwin
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 11:38
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Elwin nods in agreement with Yvandel.  "Of course, Santanico is just the start... we will need to search these crypts for Count Rughen himself to deal with the main menace" she adds, glancing over her shoulder as the others finally catch up.

Stepping closer to the door Yvandel had indicated, Elwin holds her holy symbol ready and has her weapon readied at her hip.

Elwin stands in J12


OOC: I'm going to assume that Lucretia and Merrell also pass through the portal and join everyone at the top of the steps.  Can you please state where you want to be with regards to the opening of the door to the crypt that Yvandel has indicated contains Santanico...  Use the map above to specify grid references of where you want to stand.  The door to the crypt in question is at the intersection of I/J/10/11)

In fact, going forward whilst we do this dungeon crawl, please specify grid references when you move... even when we aren't in combat.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:46, Mon 21 Sept 2015.

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 607 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 13:08
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Moving silently on this hard stone surface she could see the tiny faces above them and frowned in thought, "it is early dawn and these bats should still be out and hunting for food, not resting in place. Can the vampires command even these bats?."

 She slides her harpoon into the quiver and draws her short weapons, if the bats choose to attack she wants to be able to fight in close quarters.

 Identify what type of bats these are:06:00, Today: Ceely rolled 22 using 1d20+14.  Knowledge nature.

 Move to H-14

This message was last edited by the player at 14:00, Tue 15 Sept 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 770 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 13:44
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv moves to the brass nameplate and tries to make out the words on it before proceeding.

Turning back, Yv will warn the rest, "Stay a little way back while I check out the door, in case it is trapped. Once I am certain it is ok, I'll call you all closer so we can move as a group."

The door looks fine to Yv, so he opens it slowly, stopping if it makes any noise...

[Yv moves to I11 to read the plate, and then move to K10 to get to the door. Yv is content if Elwin stays behind him and to the side. After all, she isn't a friend of his, and she can put herself in harms way if she wishes.

Yvandel rolled 12 using 1d20+11.  Perception check - Santanico Door.
OOOPS! ]

Narrator
 GM, 641 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 15 Sep 2015
at 14:49
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The brass plaque reads:

Santanico Tarrh
Wife

Yvandel examines the door carefully, but can see no traps on it or the area around it.  Motioning the others closer, Yvandel gives it a tug on the stone ring set beneath the plaque, but the door is very heavy and he doesn't budge it at all.   It looks like it will need a little more muscle applied to it.

BTW - your Trapfinding ability adds half your class level to your Perception checks when looking for traps, so it should have been 1d20+15 rather than just +11...  Also, for things like traps, I'll roll it secretly on your behalf, so don't worry about the critical fail!  :-)
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 771 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 07:52
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Ummm, Dorn, Luc, mind giving us a hand here?" Yv asks when the door doesn't budge.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 827 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 08:56
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc does not sheath his weapons but rather decides to put his shoulder to the task. Before he does, he says to the entire group, "now may be a good time to cast that mind control prevention thingy one of you mentioned earlier."
Elwin
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 10:15
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Don't worry - I did that earlier before we climbed down to enter via the windows..." replies Elwin standing close behind Lucretia.   "Oh, and I think that ring in the door means it pulls rather than pushes" she adds softly.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 828 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 12:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Giving and audible sigh Luc sheathes his shortsword and keeps his other sword in hand with the hilt ready to touch the gems in case he needs to do so. He takes hold of the ring and asks "how do you want to do this? slow and quiet or hard and loud rushing in?"
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 500 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 13:12
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
With the others focusing forward, Dorn readies his axe and turns around to cover their back.  If killing Santanico wakes up the others, or some kind of guards, he'll be ready.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 772 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 15:24
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Slow and quiet. Let's not awaken more than we have too, until we can kill her. With luck we can do each one, one after the other!" Yv says, hoping against all hope that they might actually get a chance to move slowly from one undead to another, driving a stake into each one without any reaction. At least he was prepared for the worst, although he knew his actions might not get much appreciation from some of his friends, he couldn't tell them without telling two people he didn't trust.
Narrator
 GM, 643 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 16 Sep 2015
at 15:38
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Lucretia strains at the door, attempting to pull it open, but the heavy stone door proves too tough for him, and after a few moments of fruitless tugging where all it does is move a fraction of an inch, he has to concede defeat and ask for help...

16:33, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Lucretia, rolled 18 using 1d20+3.  STR check to open crypt door DC20.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 798 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Thu 17 Sep 2015
at 13:23
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo will help Lucretia open the door. He keeps his mace at the ready in case someone was waiting on the other side. It would also help to shed some light beyond the door.

  Milo has a +2 Str mod. With Luc's +3 and Dorn's +4, that's a +9 ; just +1 more and we can casually take 10
Narrator
 GM, 644 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Mon 21 Sep 2015
at 16:05
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Milo moves  up to help Lucretia, taking Yvandel's place next to the door.  Realistically, the ring on the stone door is only big enough for a couple of people to get their hands on it to pull, so putting his back into it, he and Lucretia give another strain.  The two men grunt for a few moments, but it seems just too stuck to open.


17:50, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Lucretia, rolled 17 using 1d20+5.  STR check to open crypt door DC20. (with Milo).

OOC: As mentioned in msg # 135 above - please can you state in your post in terms of grid reference exactly WHERE you want your characters to be at any moment in time...
This is where I currently have put you... if you don't like it, then say where you want to be instead...:

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
1                       
2        .              
3                       
4                       
5       .               
6      ..  ..           
7              .        
8              .  ......
9     .  ..  ...  .     
10..  ..  ..  ......     
11        MLR  ..!.. @   
12        YEB  >>!       
13        D m  >>!       
14       C     ..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..  ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:52, Mon 21 Sept 2015.

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 501 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Tue 22 Sep 2015
at 14:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn, seeing the others have yet to budge the entry, will go and add his strength to theirs.

It not only doesn't budge but the others seemed to have done better without Dorn's help.

Rolled a 5!!
Narrator
 GM, 647 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 23 Sep 2015
at 11:26
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The ring in the door makes it so that only a couple of people can realistically get their hands on it at a time.  However, with a little ingenuity and a short length of rope, Milo, Lucretia and Dorn manage to apply a little more controlled effort to the door and finally, with a grating noise of stone on stone, it slowly starts to edge open. (OOC: i.e. taking 10).

10:04, Today: Secret Roll: Narrator rolled 15,23,9,9,22,14,13 using 1d20+3,1d20+8,1d20+1,1d20+5,1d20+5,1d20+2,1d20+3 with rolls of 12,15,8,4,17,12,10.  Party_Initiative_Rolls:_BCDLMmY.
10:18, Today: Secret Roll: Narrator rolled 5,13 using 1d20+3,1d20+8 with rolls of 2,5.  Elwin and Rufus Initiative rolls.


Ceely and Merrell are NOT flat-footed in this surprise round, but the rest of you are...  which means Ceely & Merrell get to act before anything actually happens on Initiative 15...  And then, as everyone else IS flat-footed, they get to act again AFTER I post what the ????? is :-)
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
?????15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
1                       
2        .              
3                       
4                       
5       .               
6      ..  ..           
7              .        
8              .  ......
9     .  ..  ...  .     
10..  ..  ..  ......     
11        MLR  ..!.. @   
12        DEB  >>!       
13        Y m  >>!       
14       C     ..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..  ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 608 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 23 Sep 2015
at 12:47
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Her ears pick up the faint sound of a voice muttering some words not understood by her and she jumped to the thought of magic being invoked thru the partially open door.

 She speaks out a warning, "Magic user behind the crypt,beware" and sprints forward to the wall ahead to shelter in place.

 Move to M14 against the wall, wait for either more words of magic or someone rushing outside.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:18, Wed 23 Sept 2015.

Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 827 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Thu 24 Sep 2015
at 10:50
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell was very nervous. He had been through a lot with this group but nothing quite like this. Vampires and bats and wolves. It was like a nightmare. While the others were trying to get the door open the wizard was looking around trying to keep an eye out.
He hears what seem to be arcane words coming from the other side of the room.
He looks around Rufus and Blondung to try to identify the spell being cast. "Summoning Spell. Be prepared for something big.", he says to the others.
Then he moves to a more out of the way location to make a plan.




Spellcraft(+15) to identify spell being cast
Move to F11(has servant in tow)
May adjust actions if I learn what spell is being cast

This message was last edited by the player at 23:48, Thu 24 Sept 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 648 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Fri 25 Sep 2015
at 08:55
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
As Ceely and Merrell react to something unheard by the others, there is a shimmering to the right of the vault and suddenly, with a flash of bright light, a massive golden lion seems to appear out of nowhere.   It roars loudly, though its roar sounds strained and deeply sad (if such a thing is possible to determine in a roar) and it lunges forward at Rufus, its teeth snagging at his armour as he turns in surprise.



08:45, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Dire Lion, rolled 16,13,19 using 1d20+12,1d8+7,1d20+18.  Dire Lion Bite - Attack, Damage, Grab vs CMD .
- A miss!


ROUND ONE
Back to the top...    Ceely's up, then Merrell again.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5



 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
1                       
2        .              
3                       
4                       
5       .               
6      ..  ..           
7              .        
8              .  ......
9     .  ..11...  .     
10..  ..  ..11......     
11      m MLR  ..!.. @   
12        DEB  >>!       
13        Y    >>!       
14            C..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..  ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:55, Sat 26 Sept 2015.

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 610 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 00:31
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Snapping her arm back she braced her feet and heaved the harpoon towards the dire lion and make sure the brutal weapon cut deep into the beast before it can do harm to any of the group.

Snapping her wrist towards the harpoon it tears loose and fly's back into her hand.

17:28, Today: Ceely rolled 10 using 1d8+5.  possible damage.

17:28, Today: Ceely rolled 27 using 1d20+14.  at dire lion

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Sun 27 Sept 2015.

Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 828 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Sun 27 Sep 2015
at 18:39
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
From his vantage point Merrell spots a figure in the shadows. He readies himself for casting a spell. The mage tenses for a moment when he hears the roar. It sounded like a large cat. He had read stories of such creatures and had seen pictures in books in his father's library. The cats looked very dangerous but he is sure his friends could handle it.

Merrell refocuses on the spell and reaches into a pocket. He pulls out a smelly ball of pitch he had sealed in a small box.
He said the magic words needed to invoke the spell, "Pelekta yassen runya" and a sphere of fire appears where the figure stands engulfing it in flame (J7). After he sees what the flames did to the figure he moves behind the wall to be more out of sight as the flaming sphere will add to the light in the hallways(E11).

Flaming Sphere cast on figure's location(J7 REF vs DC16)
Move to E11

This message was last edited by the player at 18:42, Sun 27 Sept 2015.

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 251 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Mon 28 Sep 2015
at 13:31
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Ceely's harpoon slams into the enormous lion, and it growls in pain.  On the other side of the party, Merrell casts a quick spell, and a ball of fire springs into being behind the crypt.  A blurry figure is illuminated there, at least for those who have angle of vision to see.  It appears to be Santanico, though she appears to be better clad than she had been when the party had last seen her.  As the flames of the sphere scorch her, she looks daggers at Merrell as she tries and fails to dodge away from the intense heat before it burns her.
23:19, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Figure in Darkness, rolled 16 using 1d20+6.  REF save vs Flaming Sphere [DC17].
23:20, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Merrell, rolled 16 using 3d6.  Flaming Sphere damage.
Santanico takes 16 damage


Blondung, more focused on the massive lion just a few feet from him, back pedals across the corridor and then casts a spell.  Almost immediately, his outline also blurs in a similar way to Santanico's.
Move action: move to K15
Standard: Cast spell - Blur - duration 1 mins/level


The lion, despite the wound taken from Ceely, attacks the two closest to him, lashing out with its massive front paws at Lucretia and Rufus.  Rufus manages to sway out of the way of the razor sharp claws aimed for his head, but Lucretia takes the full brunt of the attack, the claws ripping into his flesh despite his armour.  Had he been wearing normal clothing, it probably would have ripped his ribs from his chest!

Snapping its jaws forward, the lion bites Rufus, the warrior having just considered himself lucky at avoiding the claw attack.  The teeth clamp onto his shoulder and dragging him off his feet and up close to the lion.
Lion Full Attack: Claw on Luc, Claw on Rufus, Bite on Rufus, Grab attempt
14:01, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Dire Lion, rolled 33,13 using 1d20+13,1d6+7.  Claw attack on Lucretia (AC20 as flat footed). CRIT
14:01, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Dire Lion, rolled 27,12 using 1d20+13,1d6+7.  Crit Confirm. - CONFIRMED
Luc takes 25 damage! OUCH!
14:04, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Dire Lion, rolled 15,11 using 1d20+13,1d6+7.  Claw attack on Rufus (AC18 as flat footed). MISS
14:08, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Dire Lion, rolled 23,12 using 1d20+12,1d8+7.  Bite attack on Rufus (AC18 as flat footed). HIT
14:10, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Dire Lion, rolled 33 using 1d20+18.  Grab attempt on Rufus, vs CMD 24 (as flat footed). GRABBED
Rufus takes 12 damage


EDITED BECAUSE I'D MISSED MERRELL'S MOVE
Nobody sees what Santanico does, as nobody has line of sight to her...
 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
1     .  ..  .          
2    ..  ..  ..         
3                       
4                       
5   .  ..  ..           
6  ..  ..  ..           
7         O    .        
8              .  ......
9     .  ..11...  .     
10..  ..  ..R1......     
11    m   ML   ..!.. @   
12        DE   >>!       
13        Y    >>!       
14            C..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..B ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The red S is of course, Santanico herself.


ROUND ONE - CONTINUED
- Milo up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the player at 18:42, Mon 28 Sept 2015.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 799 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Mon 28 Sep 2015
at 14:56
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
  edited post (replaces the previous one)

 Milo was taken off-guard by the sudden appearance of the large feline, king of the jungle --or was it the savannah? Where he came from those creatures appeared mainly in tales or coat-of-arms...
 Luckily for him he was not on the front line.

 He noticed Merrel had acquired an other target -- probably the summoner of this creature (who was most likely not a natural denizen of the crypt...)
 The priest followed his instinct and rushed in the direction where Merrel had sent his rolling sphere of flames.

 He passed the corner but failed to find anyone in the area... trusting his senses and his faith, he proceeded deeper into the tomb, his mace at the ready and his eyes alert.


move to I7 and draw mace(move), move to J4(move)
 perception: Milo rolled 24 using 1d20+13.  perception.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:36, Tue 29 Sept 2015.

Rufus
Mon 28 Sep 2015
at 15:52
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
UPDATED:
Milo moves around the corner of the crypt and runs up to the side of the large ball of fire Merrell had summoned into being, then past it, searching for wherever Santanico might have gone.  Back in the main corridor, things start to get dark as Milo runs off with the light source.  If it weren't for the light coming from Merrell's Flaming Sphere spell just around the corner, it would be pitch black!



Rufus knows he is in dire straights - the lion has him grappled and he can see himself torn to shreds in a moment's time unless he can extract himself.   His big weapon useless, he instead wriggles and twists violently, breaking free from the lion's grip to roll onto the floor next to it.  Rather then risk the lion attacking him as he tries to crawl away, he instead grabs out a short sword to help protect himself.
Standard: Break grapple,
Move: Draw short-sword
16:45, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Rufus, rolled 29 using 1d20+14.  To break free from grapple (vs Dire Lion CMD 26).


 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-5                       
-4      ..  ..           
-3      ..  ..           
-2              .        
-1              .        
1    ..  ..  ...        
2    ..  ..  ...        
3              .        
4        M   ...      
5   .  ..  ..    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    .      
7         O    ...      
8              .  ......
9     .  ..11...  .     
10..  ..  ..11......     
11    m    L R ..!.. @   
12        DE   >>!       
13        Y    >>!       
14            C..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..B ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The red S is of course, Santanico herself.


ROUND ONE - CONTINUED
- Yvandel up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:44, Tue 29 Sept 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 773 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 08:54
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Don't attack the lion, I will put it to sleep. Get to Santanico!" Yv calls out, calling forward magic to put the Dire Lion into a deep sleep, giving everyone enough time to find and attack the vampiress.

[Yv moves to I14 and casts Deep Slumber on the Dire Lion in K9-L10. As sleep spell for 10HD creature.]
Narrator
 GM, 652 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 09:14
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
The lion, in mid roar, suddenly finds itself yawning instead.  Shaking its head once, it staggers, then slumps to the floor where it starts to snore.
10:09, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Yvandel, rolled 18 using 1d20+8.  Caster Level Check to overcome SR?? - SUCCESS.
10:10, Today: Narrator, for the NPC (Celestial) Dire Lion, rolled 6 using 1d20+3.  Will Saving Throw vs Deep Slumber (DC20).  - FAIL


 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-5                       
-4      ..  ..           
-3      ..  ..           
-2              .        
-1              .        
1    ..  ..  ...        
2    ..  ..  ...        
3              .        
4        M   ...      
5   .  ..  ..    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    .      
7         O    ...      
8              .  ......
9     .  ..11...  .     
10..  ..  ..11......     
11    m    L R ..!.. @   
12        DE   >>!       
13             >>!       
14        Y   C..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..B ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The red S is of course, Santanico herself.


ROUND ONE - CONTINUED
- Lucretia up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:44, Tue 29 Sept 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 652 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 29 Sep 2015
at 16:23
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
OOC: Moved Milo's revised post to where his previous post was.  Updated Rufus's post to show the revised map etc...

NOTE.  Milo has effectively run off with the only light source the party are using...  I know several of you have other light sources available to you - but none of you have mentioned getting them out yet...  I also know that Lucretia has an Ioun stone available to him, however he hasn't yet mentioned getting that out either...

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:23, Tue 29 Sept 2015.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 829 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 07:13
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
OOC: no the Ioun stone is for something else. He has a light coin in a leather crown-like thing on his forehead. It has a covering that once he moves to the side exposes the coin, and the light. Shouldn't take much of an action to move the covering to the side.


Luc taking sigh says "so much for being quiet and unnoticed. Look out behind you, let's not get flanked!" He then moves the flap of his light coin to the side and draws out his short sword ready to leap of over the lion and into the room.

OOC: Which he will do when it is his turn.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 803 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 09:26
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
free action out of turn:

 Milo whispered loudly behind him:
  "Vampire here!"

 The priest's light casts illumination back to the sleeping lion, and Merrell's flaming sphere should cast some light around it too.
Narrator
 GM, 655 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 14:29
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc pulls off the leather cover to his light coin, allowing light to spill from his forehead.  Stepping carefully past the sleeping lion, he  moves down the right hand side of the crypt.    Behind him, the others return to the gloom as he moves away with his newly revealed light source.

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-5                       
-4      ..  ..           
-3      ..  ..           
-2              .        
-1              .        
1    ..  ..  ...        
2    ..  ..  ...        
3              .        
4        M   ...      
5   .  ..  ..    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    .      
7         O    ...      
8          L   .  ......
9     .  ..11...  .     
10..  ..  ..11......     
11    m     R  ..!.. @   
12        DE   >>!       
13             >>!       
14        Y   C..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..B ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The red S is of course, Santanico herself - for those that can see her!


ROUND ONE - CONTINUED
- Dorn up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:22, Wed 30 Sept 2015.

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 503 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 15:37
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn has his axe in hand and will move forward as well, he doesn't require light to find his way so isn't bothered with or without it.

"Uh, Elwin, aren't these things supposed to sleep during the daytime?  It appears not to be following the rules.  But maybe some of the rules still work, I think if we sanctify, or destroy its place of rest, it will eventually die, so if it wants to play hide and seek, lets destroy its bed". Dorn is guessing here, and hoping to draw Santanica out into a real fight. As he moves forward, he is looking for her to possibly move and if she does, he is ready to let fly with axe.
Elwin
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 18:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn moves down the corridor following after Milo, readying his axe to throw...  He spots Milo.

Meanwhile, hearing Milo's surprisingly calm declaration of having found some vampires, Elwin also follows after Dorn down the corridor, hoping to also find their target.   

Move: I7
Standard: Cast Searing Light
19:32, Today: Secret Roll: Narrator, for the NPC Elwin, rolled 15,100,36 using 1d20+?,1d100,?d8.  Searing Light ray attack roll (DC12),%miss chance for cover,Dam.
Santanico takes 36 damage


 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-5                       
-4      ..  ..           
-3      ..  ..           
-2              .        
-1              .        
1    ..  ..  ...        
2    ..  ..  ...        
3              .        
4        M   ...      
5   .  ..  ..    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    .      
7        EO    ...      
8       D  L   .  ......
9     .  ..11...  .     
10..  ..  ..11......     
11    m     R  ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13             >>!       
14        Y   C..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..B ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       
The red O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
ROUND TWO
<small> - Ceely then Merrell up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) 15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:23, Wed 30 Sept 2015.

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 611 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 30 Sep 2015
at 22:00
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 She looks for any sign of Santiago and not seeing any disturbance she breaks into a jog she moves over closer to Merrel and goes into protective defense for him or herself as needed.

Move to H-13,ready action if attacked.
Narrator
 GM, 659 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 06:53
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Ceely moves over towards Merrell, taking up a guard position as she peers with her elven vision into the darkness beyond the dim light spilling between the crypts. 

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-5                       
-4      ..  ..           
-3      ..  ..           
-2              .        
-1              .        
1    ..  ..  ...        
2    ..  ..  ...        
3              .        
4        M   ...      
5   .  ..  ..    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    .      
7        EO    ...      
8       D  L   .  ......
9     .  ..11...  .     
10..  ..  ..11......     
11    m     R  ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14        Y    ..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..B ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       
The red O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere. 
ROUND TWO - CONTINUED
- Merrell up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S)  [Secret to Milo; Dorn Dancer (2)]15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:14, Thu 01 Oct 2015.

Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 831 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 11:16
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell moves behind Dorn (H9). He reaches into his Haversack and wills the Mask of Nabanion to his hand. He puts on the mask.

Move: H9
Standard: retrieve Mask of Nabanion.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 830 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Thu 1 Oct 2015
at 14:13
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc drawing his other sword carefully moves around the sleeping lion, so as not to wake it, and into the room ready to engage whatever he sees.
Narrator
 GM, 662 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Fri 2 Oct 2015
at 21:26
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Blondung, feeling himself slightly left behind, casts his own light cantrip before following Lucretia across the corridor, also starting to step carefully over the sleeping lion.

The lion simply snores and ignores everyone.

"You slipped out of my arms once priest, but I'll kiss you yet!" laughs the woman next to Milo, unseen by most.   Her hand lashes out and she slaps him across his face, leaving a searing palm print on his cheek before spinning away, laughing as she disappears down the corridor and round the corner .
21:28, Today: Secret Roll: Narrator, for the NPC Vampire, rolled 19,9 using 1d20+?,1d6+4.  Slam Attack.
Milo takes 9 hp damage and gets one negative level.  But he also gets an attack of opportunity as she races away...


On his other side, Milo senses Santanico try to dominate him, but Elwin's spell shields him and she curses before also turning and disappearing into the darkness to his left, disappearing around a corner .
 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-5                       
-4      ..  ..           
-3      ..  ..           
-2              .        
-1              .        
1    ..  ..  ...        
2    ..  ..  ...        
3              .        
4         M    ...      
5  ..  ..  ..    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    .      
7        EO    ...      
8       D  L   .  ......
9     . m..11...  .     
10..  ..  ..B1......     
11          R  ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14        Y    ..!.. @   
15..  ..  ..  ......     
16     .  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19      ..  ..           
20       .               
21                       
22                       
23        .              
24                       
The red O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere. 
ROUND TWO - CONTINUED
- Milo up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S15
Milo (M) 14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 807 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Mon 5 Oct 2015
at 13:20
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo felt an intense and evil cold spread through his body, but he tried to hit the vampire nonetheless, as she fled the scene. The pain had disrupted his concentration though, it seemed, and his aim was way off...

Milo rolled 33 using 1d20+14.  fort savec vs energy drain (if applicable).
Milo rolled 10,8 using d20+8,d8+3.  aoo vs vampire.


 Despite the pain caused by the dark energy that had drained his life out, the priest followed after the vampire. She could not have gone that far!
  "Follow me, lads! More of these scums are lurking in the dark..."

 He points his light before him, ready to use his divine power if he sees an other vampire.

  move to L1 (move action) -- if that reveals a vampire, use channel energy
 undead within 30ft take 18 damage (save DC16 for half)
Milo rolled 18 using 5d6.  channel energy.
 

This message was last edited by the player at 15:18, Fri 09 Oct 2015.

Rufus
Fri 9 Oct 2015
at 08:01
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Milo heads further into the catacombs.  As he reaches the corner around which the vampire had disappeared, he just catches sight of her around the edge of the corner.  Instinctively, he raises his holy symbol and with a flash of light from his holy symbol, a wave of celestial power ripples out from him.    The vampire recoils as if physically struck.

Meanwhile Rufus heaves a sigh of relief as he rolls away from the now sleeping lion and gets to his feet.  Stepping gingerly after Lucretia, he moves with the other warrior, sheathing his shortsword and leaving himself just armed with his bastard sword.
Move: Stand Up
Move: Move to L9
Free: Sheath shortsword



 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1             .        
1..  ..  .. M...        
2.#   #   #   ..        
3              .        
4              ...      
5  .#  #.  .#    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7        EO    ...      
8       D  LR  .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  #.  .#B1......     
11    m        ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14        Y    ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The red S is of course, Santanico herself.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts...


ROUND TWO - CONTINUED
- Yvandel up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:46, Wed 14 Oct 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 776 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Fri 9 Oct 2015
at 07:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv understands that something is going on out of his sight, and he concentrates for a moment on relocating Santanico, calling out her location and direction of travel as he feels the changes in her position. Worried that others cannot see her, he quickly casts a spell on himself.

[Movement: No movement by Yv. Yv will find Santanico and call out if she is moving left or right as Yv looks north.
Standard: Yv casts Greater Invisibility on himself.]


DM EDIT - moved to allow room for Rufus's post.  MIGHT want to be amended after Milo has updated his post.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:48, Fri 09 Oct 2015.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 834 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Fri 9 Oct 2015
at 07:47
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc moves past Milo, towards the location Milo seems to be looking.

OOC: Luc moves to H4 and more if he is able to until he sees something. If he encounters Santanico he will make an attack.

DM EDIT - moved.  Might need revising after Milo amends his turn.
Narrator
 GM, 666 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sat 10 Oct 2015
at 16:10
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yvandel concentrates on his spell to locate Santanico, determining her to be nearly fifty feet away to the north-north-west as he imagined himself facing north.  Seeing Milo's light disappearing further away to the north-north-east, his voice calling for them to follow him, he sees what he presumes is Lucretia's light moving closer. 

"Dorn!  She's to your left!" he calls out.

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1             .        
1..  ..  .. M...        
2.#   #   #   ..        
3              .        
4       L      ...      
5  .# #.  .#    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7        EO    ...      
8       D   R  .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  #.  .#B1......     
11    m        ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14        Y    ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The red S is of course, Santanico herself.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts...


ROUND TWO - CONTINUED
- Dorn up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:47, Wed 14 Oct 2015.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 809 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Mon 12 Oct 2015
at 14:11
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 From further into the darkness, Milo shouts behind his shoulder:
  "When you're done having tea, there's an other troublemaker over here!"
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 504 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Tue 13 Oct 2015
at 23:20
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
ooc: Not sure how Dorn's move rate relates to the grid we are looking at, he is going to try to move forward and left, H3 if he can go that far



Dorn moves forward and to the left of the nearest wall after hearing Yv's words, he is on the lookout for Santanica, but any villain will do, if one comes within eyesight, he'll throw his axe at it.

Move: Move to F7
Standard: Throw axe at Santanico

22:04, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Dorn, rolled 35,20 using 1d20+16,1d10+9+1d8.  Throwing axe at Santanico + damage.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:08, Wed 14 Oct 2015.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 810 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Wed 14 Oct 2015
at 08:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
ooc: your move should be 20ft (or 4 squares on the grid) -- if you charge you can move 40ft (but it has to be a straight line)
Elwin
Wed 14 Oct 2015
at 21:56
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Hearing Yvandel's direction, Dorn changes direction and steps to his left.  As he rounds the corner, he spots Santanico in the shadows, lurking close to the wall.  Lifting his axe, he hurls it forward at her.  The enchanted axe flies through the air, slamming into Santanico and knocking her back a step.

Off to Dorn's right, Elwin charges after Milo, worrying about the other priest, so far from the rest of the party.  As she comes up behind him, she too spots the vampire who had been one of the dancers back in the inn.  Gripping her holy symbol, she thrusts it forward, channeling the energy of Kelemvor.  "By the power of the Lord of Death, give up this unlife!" she commands.  A wave of holy energy bursts from her, slamming into the vampire woman.
Move: K2
Standard: Channel Energy

22:18, Today: Secret Roll: Narrator, for the NPC Elwin, rolled 18 using 6d6.  Channel Energy.


OOC: Mucked up the map previously and missed Blondung's light spell - so I've corrected it now.
 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1             .        
1..  ..  .. M...        
2.#   #   #E  ..        
3              .        
4       L      ...      
5  .# #.  .#    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7     D  EO    ...      
8           R  .  ......
9..  .. m..11...  .     
10.#  #.  .#B1......     
11             ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14        Y    ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         

The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The red S is of course, Santanico herself.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts...


ROUND THREE
- Ceely, then Merrell up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 836 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 12:34
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Missing out on the action and not having sight of any of the vampires Luc yells, "where are they? where do you need me?"
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 811 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 12:39
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 "Over here!" Milo replies instantly, hoping that his voice will carry over and give enough indication as to the general direction Lucretia should go.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 612 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 13:26
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 The shouts of those seeking the snake dancer, she could hear well enough but her trained senses were tugging at her mind as she stared off to the southwest and into that darkness, she could not see anything but she had learned to listen when those warnings came to her.

 "I think there is another danger off to the southwest somewhere, be aware."

 Slipping her pack off she kept her eyes at the darkness but felt around for her torch to add some light here.

No movement.
Narrator
 GM, 670 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 21:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Ceely pulls out a sunroof from her pack and strikes it on the floor.  Light blossoms around her, though it reveals nothing to give evidence to her claim of more danger to the south-west..

OOC: Mucked up the map previously and missed Blondung's light spell - so I've corrected it now.
 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1             .        
1..  ..  .. M...        
2.#   #   #E  ..        
3              .        
4       L      ...      
5  .# #.  .#    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7     D   O    ...      
8           R  .  ......
9..  .. m..11...  .     
10.#  #.  .#B1......     
11             ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14        Y    ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         

The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The red S is of course, Santanico herself.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts...


ROUND THREE Continued
- Merrell up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:28, Mon 19 Oct 2015.

Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 834 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Mon 19 Oct 2015
at 11:08
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell reaches back into the Haversack and brings out a ring of garlic and places it around his neck. Maybe the old tales are true and vampires can't stand to be close to the smell.


The wizard moves closer to the middle of the lighted area wills the flaming sphere to a new location.

Move: K5
Standard: move flaming sphere to H3

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 252 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 09:51
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
]

Blondung, unable to immediately see any enemies, continues to step past the lion and move up behind Merrell, readying a spell in case he spots an enemy target with a clear line of fire.   Catching a glimpse of the vampire facing Milo, he blurts arcane words and gestures, several magic darts erupting from his fingertips and zipping across the intervening distance to slam into the Vampire next to Milo.  The vampire, already hit by two channels of powerful clerical energy, is knocked off her feet by the magical missiles.  As she hits the ground, she turns to mist.
Move: J5
Standard: Cast Magic missile

10:33, Today: Secret Roll: Blondung rolled 15 using 4d4+4.  Magic Missile damage.


Santanico, cursing the dwarf and his deadly axe, evaporates into mist, wafting to the west before seeping under a north facing heavy stone door of one of the crypts.  (D5)

The other vampire, having turned to gaseous form moves past Milo, heading for the crypt door directly south of him.  Reaching it, the mist, condenses down and squeezes under the north facing door (L5).

Meanwhile, the lion continues to snore gently and the bats on the ceiling become more and more agitated with all the light and noise going on below them.  Here and there, odd bats flit through the corridors and past people's heads as they move from one roosting spot to another.

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  .. M...        
2.#   #   #E  ..        
3       O      .        
4       L m    ...      
5  .#  #. B.#    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7     D  E     ...      
8           R  .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  #.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14        Y    ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts...


ROUND THREE Continued
- Milo up next.  NOTE - NO VISIBLE ENEMIES TO ANYONE AT THE MOMENT
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R) (currently prone)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 812 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 10:22
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo is surprised by the magic missiles, but says naught. He smiled as the vampire turns to mist, and makes sure to not lose sight of her.

 He turns around, his nose close to the ground, and follows the creature to the crypt.
  "Now is the time to vanquish these creatures once and for all..." he mutters half to himself, half to those around him.

 Without hesitation, the priest tries to open the door. If it resists, he will use his shoulder against it, and call for help.
  "Dorn, Lucretia! Time to use those muscles and wooden stakes..."


actions: move to L4, open door (if it is locked, break it)
Rufus
Tue 20 Oct 2015
at 11:35
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Milo turns and follows the gaseous vampire, tugging on the stone ring of the door under which it had disappeared.  The door is heavy stone however and he fails to pull it open.
12:27, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Milo, rolled 10 using 1d20+2.  Strength check to pull Crypt door open: DC20.

Rufus, hearing the call for assistance, follows after Blondung, pushing past Blondung and Merrell to join Milo by the door.  He too pulls on the handle, but he obviously doesn't have his feet set right, as his attempt has less effect than Milo's.
12:33, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Rufus, rolled 8 using 1d20+5.  Strength Check to pull Crypt door open: DC20.
 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #E  ..        
3       O      .        
4       L mRM  ...      
5  .#  #. B.#    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7     D  E     ...      
8              .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  #.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14        Y    ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts...


ROUND THREE Continued
- Yvandel up next.  NOTE - NO VISIBLE ENEMIES TO ANYONE AT THE MOMENT
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 778 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 09:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"Ceely, it is Yv. I suggest we join the others and help out there. I will move down the tunnel a little and then join you as I'm invisible.." With that Yv begins to move away.

[Movement Action - Yv moves from I14 to E12.
Standard Action - ]

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:21, Wed 21 Oct 2015.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 839 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 09:22
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc moves over to where Milo is and says, "here, let me have a go!" as he grabs hold of the ring. He puts a foot near the side of the doorway and uses his legs as well as his arms as he pulls on the ring.


16:39, Today: Lucretia rolled 29 using 1d20+9.  Strength Check to pull Crypt door open: DC20.


The door resists at first bu then practically flies wide open. With the help of his light coin, Luc takes appraises the situation inside before moving in.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:22, Wed 21 Oct 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 673 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 10:20
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Ceely hears Yvandel's voice speak to her, then move off to her left a little way, before intoning a spell of some sort.   Suddenly one of the crypt doors springs open to her left though she is unable to see anything inside it from her angle.(E25).

Meanwhile, a corridor across, Lucretia hurries across to help Rufus and Milo, joining them next to the door the vampire had slipped under.  Bending his not inconsiderable strength to the task, he pulls the heavy stone door open, noting as he does so the brass plaque on the door reads "Elica Florea; Loyal Servant and Gardner".   The ancient iron hinges screech loudly as the stone door grinds open, exposing a small, roughly ten feet square crypt beyond.  There are two coffins lying on plinths at the rear of the crypt.

Larger scale mini-map for the inside of the crypt...
+----+-/ -+
|         |
|         |
| @@   @@ |
+----+----+

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #E ...        
3       O      .        
4         mRML ...      
5  .#  #. B.\    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7     D  E     ...      
8           R  .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  \.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12    Y        >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14             ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.


ROUND THREE Continued
- Dorn up next.  NOTE - NO VISIBLE ENEMIES TO ANYONE AT THE MOMENT
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 505 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 15:17
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn, seeing the vile Santanico turn to mist and vanish into the doorway of crypt, the dwarf charges forward to follow his enemy.  His face is red and angry, he usually is more calm in combat but this vile monster took control of his being, forced him to attack his own friends, it stinks of death and evil and it must be destroyed.

"Tha' other one escaped over 'ere...".   Reaching the door, he pulls with his might to try and wretch the door open.



11:12, Today: Dorn rolled 22 using 1d20+4.  Open Door to crypt.
Narrator
 GM, 675 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 18:40
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn rushes after the wispy form of Santanico as she squeezes through the narrow gap under the door.  With strength lent from anger, he grabs the iron ring on the door and heaves mightily on it, barely noticing the engraved brass plaque on the front.  With another squeal of protesting metal and stone, the door lurches open.

Inside, he is expecting to perhaps see sarcophagi or coffins - but instead sees a vertical shaft virtually filling the ten by ten crypt.  Peering over the edge, he can see the shaft descends about forty feet.  The bottom seems to open up somewhat into what looks like some sort of under cellar.  Despite his dwarven dark vision, the lack of light in the shaft means that of Santanico he can see no sign.   Given how slowly she could travel in gaseous form, he could only guess that she was barely ten or fifteen feet down the shaft.

Elwin, turning starts to follow Milo, but seeing Dorn also opening a crypt off to her right, gives Milo a quick nod as if to say "I've got this one" and then turns to support Dorn instead, moving quickly to catch him up.

"Dammit!" She blurts as she sees the deep shaft.


 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #  ...        
3       O      .        
4   DE    mRML ...      
5  .\  #. B.\    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7              ...      
8              .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  \.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12    Y        >>!       
13       C     >>!       
14             ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.


ROUND FOUR
- Ceely up next.  NOTE - NO VISIBLE ENEMIES TO ANYONE AT THE MOMENT
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15 (FF)
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 614 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 21 Oct 2015
at 22:53
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Griping her harpoon she she glances around the area and from her position she looks to be alone, which is fine for the moment but not something at this time to do long..not against vampires.

 Slowly and stealthily he slides closer to the sense of unease, weapon in one hand and light in the other trusting that her reaction and trained hunting skills would let her find the prey.

 Move to F-14 silently as possible.
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 835 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Thu 22 Oct 2015
at 00:38
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell is getting very scared about being in this place. His hands only trembled a little.

With the element of surprise no longer on our side, if indeed it ever was the going will be much tougher and the outcome unlikely in The Unknowns favor.

The wizard can't see what is happening in the crypts as he is looking out into the darkness in case of another attack but he hears one of the doors burst open and Luc grunt with satisfaction. He looks over to the doorway but his angle is wrong to see anything of note.
And then he hears another door open to his left as Dorn chases the mist of Santanico into the crypt.

The wizard suddenly remembered the sound of the big cat and asked the illusionist,
"Yv, how long will the cat sleep? We do not need to be taken by surprise if it wakes up during a fight. Can anyone dismiss it since it was a summoned creature?"


Ready action. Magic Missile triggered by threat.
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 253 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Thu 22 Oct 2015
at 08:03
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Ceely moves cautiously along the corridor, gaining a better view into the crypt that Yvandel had opened. 

Following after Elwin, Blondung strides up past Merrell's still burning sphere of fire to join Dorn and the priestess of Kelemvor.  Seeing the yawning black pit inside the opened crypt, Blondung casts a brief spell.  Four small globes of light spring into being, and at a gesture, zip into the crypt and down the shaft.

Looking down into the pit, blinking slightly from the sudden light, Dorn catches a glimpse of the wispy figure of Santanico just moving beyond the bottom of the pit, though the pit does seem to have a bit of cold mist lying on the floor of it anyway.

Meanwhile, just outside the original crypt the party had started to open, the bats on the ceiling finally get agitated enough.  Spilling from the ceiling in their thousands, they swarm in the air, turning it thick with wings.  The swarm splits, half zooming towards Ceely's light source, completely covering the ranger, getting in her hair and nipping at her exposed flesh with tiny teeth and claws.  Tiny little wounds that just continue to bleed.

The other half of the swarm flies between the crypts, only to descend on Merrell, Milo and Rufus.

08:51, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Swarm, rolled 5 using 1d6.  Swarm Damage.
08:57, Today: Narrator rolled 17,19,22 using 1d20+8,1d20+2,1d20+14 with rolls of 9,17,8.  Fort Rolls: Ceely, Merrell, Milo DC11.

Ceely, Merrell, Milo and Rufus each take 5 damage and will continue to bleed 1hp per round until the wounds are staunched (DC10 heal) or magically healed. Nobody is nauseated, but Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level).



 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #  ...        
3    B  O      .        
4   DE    mRML ...      
5  .\  #. §.\    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7              ...      
8              .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  \.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12    Y        >>!       
13     §       >>!       
14    §C§      ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.


ROUND FIVE
- Milo up next.  NOTE - NO VISIBLE ENEMIES TO ANYONE AT THE MOMENT
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15  (If your character's letter is in red, then you are in the swarm.)
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the player at 21:25, Fri 13 Nov 2015.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 814 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Thu 22 Oct 2015
at 09:18
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo was surprised to not be able to open the door. It did not look that heavy! Thanks the gods, Lucretia was more efficient (bursting the door open with hulking manliness ;)

 He ignored the bites of the bat and urged the others to do the same:
  "Don't let them distract you! We need to kill the vampire before she flees again!"

 The priest eyed the brass plaque and stepped inside. He at the sarcophagi, wondering which of the two was the refuge of the vampire-gardener...

 Casting light in the tiny room with his enlightened mace, he pointed at one of them and said: "Rufus, Lucretia, open this one."

 He knew his strength was a fraction of the fighters', and the stone cover looked heavy. He produced a wooden stake and made ready to use his mace as a hammer.


actions: step inside(move), ready action(standard)
 (his readied action is, obviously: stab the cunt in the heart)

Rufus
Thu 22 Oct 2015
at 18:20
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Milo steps into the crypt, drawing a stake and stands poised by one of the stone coffins.   (OOC: technically a move action to retrieve the stake, but since it is only a 5' step into the crypt, its not a problem after all!)

Rufus, swatting bats out of his face, stumbles into the relatively bat-free crypt after Milo.   Stepping to the sarcophagi that Milo was pointing at he shoves hard at the simple stone lid.  With a crash, it falls aside to reveal the figure of a woman - the same one that Milo had been just battling.

Without hesitation, the priest lunges forward with his stake and, using his hammer drives it into the chest of the woman.   She opens her eyes briefly, a horrified expression flashing across her face, before her body suddenly collapses into dust.

(Yay!)
 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #  ...        
3    B  O      .        
4   DE    m§§L ...      
5  .\  #. §RM    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7              ...      
8              .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  \.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12    Y        >>!       
13     §       >>!       
14    §C§      ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.


ROUND FIVE
- Yvandel up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15  (If your character's letter is in red, then you are in the swarm.)
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:56, Mon 26 Oct 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 780 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Mon 26 Oct 2015
at 10:10
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv takes a step backwards, and then turns to where Ceely and the bats are. Smiling at his own good fortune at being invisible, Yv tries to help by providing a potential hiding place for Ceely to move to. Using the same spell as before, Yv tries to get another crypt door open. "I'm trying to open a crypt for you to hide in Ceely", Yv says to reassure the ranger.

[Yv Free Action - Move 5 ft to D13.
Standard Action - Cast Knock on E15.
Yvandel rolled 5 using 1d20.  Knock Spell - Caster roll vs DC.
5 + 8 levels + 4 Int to get a 17 in total.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 841 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Mon 26 Oct 2015
at 12:00
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Seeing Milo and Rufus efficiently dispose of one vampire Luc raises his voice to be heard over the commotion of the bats as he says "you guys good here? I'm goin off after the main vampire bitch!"
Narrator
 GM, 676 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Mon 26 Oct 2015
at 18:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yvandel turns and steps closer to the swirling bats engulfing Ceely.  Casting his spell, the door near to the ranger bursts open, though he can barely see it through the swarming bats filling the air between him and it.  Beyond, he can just make out another crypt similar to the one he'd just opened, though this one seems to have a stone bier in the centre - possibly with a figure lying upon it.

Meanwhile, Rufus grunts an affirmative to Lucretia's question, freeing Luc up to go help Dorn and Elwin.
 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #  ...        
3    B  O      .        
4   DE    m§§L ...      
5  .\  #. §RM    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7              ...      
8              .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  \.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13    Y§       >>!       
14    §C§      ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.


ROUND FIVE
- Lucretia up next.
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15  (If your character's letter is in red, then you are in the swarm.)
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Dorn (D)9
Elwin (E)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:54, Mon 26 Oct 2015.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 842 posts
 HP 84/84 AC 23/18/15 IN+4
 FOR+9 REF+6 WIL+0
Mon 2 Nov 2015
at 09:49
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc turns to Merrel and says, "one of your fireballs should clear this swarm"
Turning to Rufus he adds, "look after this one" nodding towards Merrel.
Luc then takes off towards Dorn as he was the one chasing the main Vampire.


OOc: Move to E5

When he sees the shaft he touches the hilts of his swords, which renders him invisible  and gives him the ability of flight. He then swoops down the shaft.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 506 posts
 HP101/101 AC24/23/11 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Mon 2 Nov 2015
at 16:33
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn grins seeing help has arrived, not only in a good fighter, but one that can fly down and deal with that monster.  As he cannot do that himself, he backs up to the crypt door, first to take a look at the inscription, then to guard the door.  If the bats try to come in, he'll shut it far enough to block them without slamming it all the way shut.  Standing there, he noticed the heavy iron ring, if it was strong enough to move that door, it was strong enough to do other jobs as well.

"Quick, someone, toss me a rope, we'll tie it off here and go down and finish this one off"


ooc: I don't have a rope on my new character sheet, seems unlikely, but he seems to have very few possessions listed on the new sheet unless I'm missing them somewhere, if he has a rope, he'll change that last sentence to:

Dorn quickly ties off his rope to iron ring, testing it with a hard pull before tossing one end over the edge.   "Let's go finish this one off".

This message was last edited by the player at 19:50, Tue 03 Nov 2015.

Narrator
 GM, 678 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 3 Nov 2015
at 09:22
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Shielding his face from the bats as he runs through them and past Merrell, Lucretia runs up towards where Dorn, Blondung and Elwin are.  Seeing the open crypt door and the pit inside, Lucretia hesitates before jumping in, getting ready to touch the two gems in his sword hilts together... [Edited due to mix up about swords]

Dorn, stepping back, calls for some rope, and Elwin nods, turning around to allow Dorn to unfasten the length of rope looped on the back of her own small pack.   As he is busy behind him, she starts to cast a detection spell, examining the flourless crypt in front of them to try to determine if there were any magical traps ahead of them.

As Dorn ties the rope to the ring on the outside of the door, then tosses the other end through the doorway and down the pit, Elwin nods, indicating that she will brace the door to prevent it being pulled shut and trapping the rope, and continues to concentrate on her detection spell.

OOC: I'll assume Dorn basically delays his action waiting for Elwin's rope.
 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #  ...        
3    B  O      .        
4   DE    m§§  ...      
5  ./L #. §RM    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7              ...      
8              .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  \.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13   Y §       >>!       
14    §C§      ..!.. @   
15.#  #.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.


ROUND SIX
- Ceely  up next
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15  (If your character's letter is in red, then you are in the swarm.)
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Elwin (E)5
Dorn (D)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:14, Mon 23 Nov 2015.

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 616 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 IN+4
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Fri 6 Nov 2015
at 14:37
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Forcing her way thru the swarm of bats and following the wall she ducks into the room Ynandel had opened for her, the little nicks and cuts would heal but she did need to catch her breath again.

 Duck into the room Ynandel had opened.
Narrator
 GM, 681 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Fri 6 Nov 2015
at 15:00
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Waving her sun-rod to clear a path, Ceely steps through the bats and into the (relative) calm of the crypt.  Inside, she can see a dusty rag draped skeleton laid out on a heavy stone plinth. 

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #  ...        
3    B  O      .        
4   DE    m§§  ...      
5  ./L #. §RM    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7              ...      
8              .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  \.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13   Y §       >>!       
14    §§§      ..!.. @   
15.#  C.  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.


ROUND SIX - Continued
- Merrell  up next
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15  (If your character's letter is in red, then you are in the swarm.)
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Elwin (E)5
Dorn (D)5

</quote>

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:06, Fri 06 Nov 2015.

Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 836 posts
 HP 30/30 AC 20/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+6 WIL+10
Mon 9 Nov 2015
at 02:02
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
ROUND SIX
Merrell thought for a moment on Luc's suggestion to use a fireball on the bats but figured that would only cause more of them to get scared and attack after the blast. Instead he moved out of the area of swarming bats and closer to Blondung and the others.
The many small bites and scratches didn't hurt at the moment but he knew after the fight was over he was going to feel them.


Move: F4
Standard: Ready action Magic Missile at first threat

Narrator
 GM, 682 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Mon 9 Nov 2015
at 19:55
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell stumbles free of the bats, moving after Lucretia towards the other open crypt.  Readying a spell, he prepares to cast it should some target (other than bats) come into sight.

"I can't deal with that summoned cat" replies Blondung belatedly to Merrell's previous question.  "But I can deal with some of those bats" he grunts.  Stepping past Merrell, he moves closer to the bats before casting a spell.  A fan shaped sheet of flame bursts forth from his fingers, engulfing the cloud of bats.  The stink of burnt fur fills the air as numerous small burning bodies fall out of the air.  The rest of the swarm dissipates, the surviving bats flying in smaller numbers in random directions.
Move: H4
Cast: Burning Hands

19:30, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Blondung, rolled 15 using 5d4.  Burning Hands damage on Bat Swarm.


Down in the pit, the four globes of light sent down by Blondung hover, illuminating the bottom of the pit and the thin veil of mist that coats the floor.  Of Santanico there is no sign, the vampire, presumably now corporeal again having moved further away from the pit.

Near Ceely, the bats follow her light, crowding through the door of the crypt, continuing to swarm around her, their teeth and claws biting and scratching her exposed skin.

19:48, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Swarm, rolled 5 using 1d6.  Swarm Damage.
19:47, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Ceely, rolled 19 using 1d20+8.  FORT Save Throw versus Nausea.

Ceely takes 5 new damage + 1 bleed damage from last round
Milo, Merrell & Rufus take 1 bleed damage,

 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8   .^^.                
-7....^^.........        
-6              .        
-5              ....     
-4  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2              ....     
-1              .        
1..  ..  ..  ...        
2.#   #   #  ...        
3       O      .        
4   DEm B      ...      
5  ./L #.  RM    .      
6  ..  ..  ..    #      
7              ...      
8              .  ......
9..  ..  ..11...  .     
10.#  \.  .#11......     
11             ..!.. @   
12             >>!       
13   Y         >>!       
14    §§       ..!.. @   
15.#  C§  .#  ......     
16..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17              .  ......
18              .        
19  ..  ..  ..           
20  ..  ..  ..           
21                       
22                       
23..  ..  ..  ..         
24..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.
The § symbol represents the bats swarm.  if your character is in red, then you are inside the bats.


ROUND SIX - Continued
- Milo  up next
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Elwin (E)5
Dorn (D)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:51, Fri 13 Nov 2015.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 815 posts
 HP81/81 AC18/14/14 ini+2
 Fort+14/ Refl+8 / Will+16
Thu 12 Nov 2015
at 10:57
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo sensed an odd feeling of satisfaction surge through his mind as the vampire turned to dust for eternity. It was somehow a grisly deed, but he took comfort in the notion that the poor soul could now rest for good.

 He turned to Rufus and said:
  "Here, help me with the other one!"

 He stepped to the next stone tomb and waited for Rufus to either open it himself, so that he could stake the (supposed) vampire inside, or if it proved too heavy for the warrior they could open it together.

 He waited for Rufus to act, stake at the ready.

  5ft step, delay action to either open lid or stake vampire (standard action)

This message was last edited by the player at 13:18, Thu 12 Nov 2015.

Rufus
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 07:56
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Swatting one of the last stray bats away, Rufus steps across and helps shove the stone lid of the second sarcophagi.   With a crash of breaking stone, the thin stone slab covering the stone coffin slides off to smash on the floor below.  This sarcophagi is, as Milo suspected it might be, empty.

OOC: No map update as no real change since last one.  Yvandel up next.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 781 posts
 HP 36/36 AC 17/14/13 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+7
Fri 13 Nov 2015
at 09:57
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv knew he had no spells that could help Ceely with the bats, and wasn't inclined to simply leave her alone, so he wanders over to the next door that he had spotted when Ceely's light had not been hidden and decided to open another door. Casting his spell, Yv next prepared to cast his own light spell if he got the opportunity.

[Yv will Move Action to B11, finding the door. Casts Knock as a Standard Action.
Yvandel rolled 5 using 1d20.  Kncok spell again.
Assuming same result as last time I rolled a 5. Door opens.]

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 783 posts
 HP 39/39 AC 18/13/15 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+6
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 12:34
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Intent on finding out what else was around in the crypt, Yv halts his now non effective Knock spell and simply bends down to place a Light spell on the middle of the fallen door, knowing that perhaps the source of light might get more bats flying, but aware that he was safe enough for the moment due to his invisibility spell.

[Yv casts Light on the door at B11]
Narrator
 GM, 687 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 15:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yvandel steps towards another door, knowing there is little he can do against the bats.  As he gets closer, he realises that this door doesn't need one of his knock spells. since it is already open, or at least lying flat on the floor.  In the reflected light just reaching from Ceely's light source through the swarm of bats around her, Yvandel can make out an empty bier in the middle of the crypt.  There is the faint glint of some small object on the bier.  Changing his mind, he casts a light cantrip on the broken stone door.


.-H-G-F-E-D-C-B-AABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8           .^^.                
-7        ....^^.........        
-6                      .        
-5                      ....     
-4      #   #.  #.  #.     .     
-3          ..  ..  ..     #     
-2                      ....     
-1                      .        
1        ..  ..  ..  ...        
2        .#   #   #  ...        
3               O      .        
4           DEm B §§§  ...      
5      .   ./L #. §RM    .      
6      .   ..  ..  ..    #      
7                      ...      
8                      .  ......
9     .  ..  ..  ..11...  .     
10 .....  .\  \.  .#11......     
11         Y           ..!.. @   
12                     >>!       
13                     >>!       
14            §§       ..!.. @   
15    ..  .#  C§  .#  ......     
16    ..  ..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17   .                  .  ......
18  ..                  .        
19      ..  ..  ..  ..           
20      ..  ..  ..  ..           
21                               
22                               
23        ..  ..  ..  ..         
24        ..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.
The § symbol represents the bats swarm.  if your character is in red, then you are inside the bats.


ROUND SIX - Continued
- Lucretia  up next
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Elwin (E)5
Dorn (D)5

</quote>
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 847 posts
 HP 64/84 AC 22/13/20 IN+5
 FOR+9 REF+7 WIL+0
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 11:36
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc brings the hilts of his Longsword and shortsword together rendering him invisible whilst giving him the ability to fly and swoops down the shaft.
Narrator
 GM, 692 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 21:27
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Lucretia touches his sword hilts together and disappears as Merrell's spells stored in the Chardaly gems invokes.  A faint waft of air signals his passage past Dorn...


OOC: PAUSE to see what Lucretia does when he gets down there...

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:30, Wed 25 Nov 2015.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 848 posts
 HP 64/84 AC 22/13/20 IN+5
 FOR+9 REF+7 WIL+0
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 11:46
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc floats in the air drifting towards the vampire and takes up a position behind her. as he does this he also surveys the surroundings to see if there is any other threat in the room.

On in position he will ready up for a full surprise attack from behind.
Elwin
Fri 27 Nov 2015
at 14:55
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
"There doesn't appear to be any enchantments in the pit, so no magical trap as far as I can tell" Elwin informs Dorn, who tosses the loose end of the rope into the pit and starts to make his way down, moving as quickly as he can down the rope without falling.

OOC: 40 to climb down.  A DC5 climb is done at 1/4 speed, so a double move climbing would normally allow Dorn to move only 10' in a round and therefore take him 3 rounds + (jump the last 10 feet with a DC15 acrobatics roll to avoid 1d6 non-lethal damage).  Fast climbing will double that (but still take 2 rounds), and adds 5 to the DC - meaning, with his skill in Climb,  he only fails to progress if he rolls a 1 (and he can't fall).
14:50, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Dorn, rolled 15 using 1d20+9.  Accelerated Climb roll (DC10).
Dorn makes it half-way down.


ROUND SEVEN
- Ceely  up next
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)15
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Elwin (E)5
Dorn (D)5

</quote>
</quote>
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 617 posts
 HP 52/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Tue 1 Dec 2015
at 22:33
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 With a flurry of strong hands she swats at the swarm, attempting to knock down any bat in her face. This was not her normal mode of fighting but for now it will have to work out.

14:30, Today: Ceely rolled 6,6 using d3+3,d3+3.  possible damage.

14:30, Today: Ceely rolled 24,15 using d20+6,d20+11.  unarmed strike vs swarm bat

Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 838 posts
 HP 27/30 AC 21/16/17 In+5
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+8
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 03:03
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Merrell is torn between chasing Santanico and leaving the rest of the group up here or staying with the rest of the group.

Finally he decides to tell the rest of the group what is happening and then go down with Luc and Dorn.

"Santanico has retreated down a pit. We are following. Luc and Dorn are already down. Blondung, show them where?"


Keep action ready (magic missile triggerd by enemy sighting) until he can go after Dorn.
Once able to go he will activate the Ring of Feather Fall and jump down the pit.

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 254 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Mon 7 Dec 2015
at 13:54
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Having told the others his plan and seeing Dorn has climbed out of his way, Merrell moves past Elwin and jumps into the pit.  The magic of his ring takes hold, and he floats down relatively gently, past Dorn towards the ground... 

As Merrell comes into view, Santanico completes a spell she had been holding ready....

Pause to see if Lucretia would prefer to take a single AoO on Santanico (and become visible now) OR wait till his next turn so he can stay invisible and hopefully get his full attack on his turn?

Map of the cellar below.
 ABCDEF
1..  ..
2..  ..
3.    .
5.    .
6.@ @ .
7. @ @.
8.@ @ .
9. @ @.
10.@ @ .
11. @S@.
12.@ @ .
13. @ @.
14......
The @ symbols represent the various wooden coffins on their stone plinths.

ROUND SIX - Continued
 - Merrell to finish his turn after Lucretia's possible AoO and Santanico's readied action...

This message was last edited by the player at 16:47, Mon 07 Dec 2015.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 849 posts
 HP 64/84 AC 22/13/20 IN+5
 FOR+9 REF+7 WIL+0
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 14:43
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Luc sees His friends arrive at the bottom of the pit. He notices the vampire begin casting a spell and sees the opportunity to strike. Contemplating the fact that he will become visible if he took his shot, he decides to be patient and end the fight with a grand stroke when the time comes.
Santanico
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 15:06
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Unaware of Lucretia hovering close by, Santanico completes her readied spell.  As Merrell floats down, a large sphere of fire, similar to the one he'd cast himself earlier, appears directly beneath him.  Somehow, he manages to kick off the wall. and floats just past the ball of fire, avoiding getting burnt.
14:58, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Merrell, rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Reflex Saving Throw versus Flaming Sphere (DC??).

Behind him, the bottom of the rope that Dorn is climbing down catches fire and starts to burn upwards.   Fifteen feet up above it, Dorn can feel the heat radiating up towards him.

Lucretia hears Santanico curse under her breath as she sees Merrell manage to avoid getting burnt.

Map of the cellar below.
 ABCDEF
1.. O..
2.. m..
3.    .
5.    .
6.@ @ .
7. @ @.
8.@ @ .
9. @ @.
10.@ @ .
11. @S@.
12.@ @ .
13. @ @.
14......
The @ symbols represent the various wooden coffins on their stone plinths.
O = Flaming Sphere.
ROUND SIX - Continued
Merrell to finish his turn.  He has one standard action OR a move action left.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:11, Sat 12 Dec 2015.

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 255 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 15:26
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Up above, Blondung glances around, noting that only Elwin was still in line of sight.  "Come on Milo, Rufus - we need to stick together!" he calls towards the crypt that they were still in.    He frowns, realising that he'd not seen Ceely and Yvandel for a little while.

OOC: Delay action for now...
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 819 posts
 HP 61/76 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 15:43
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
  "Sure thing, friend!" the priest uttered from the crypt.

 He patted Rufus on the shoulder and hushed: "Let's go!"

 He stepped out of the crypt and went straight for the wooden door. right opposite the first one. He was still doing a great job of ignoring the nasty pest that were biting on those few places where his flesh cas accessible to their tiny teeth.

 He said to the wizard: "There would be more blood drinkers in here... what are the others doing? Did I hear someone say they were climbing down? Where?"

  move to J3 (move), join forces with Rufus to open door (standard)
Rufus
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 15:58
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Rufus nods and follows Milo, happy that the bats seem to have been dispersed by something.   Outside of the crypt, they had just cleared, the still smoking charred bodies of numerous bats, and Blondung standing nearby gave him a clue as to what had done the trick.  Nodding his thanks, he follows Milo to the stone door opposite.

Applying his muscles, Rufus and Milo both pull on the iron ring, noting that this door's engraving reads:

"Let these remind those who would contest the Master's will."


15:53, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Rufus and Milo, rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  DC20 Str Check to open door.

The door scrapes open.
Narrator
 GM, 696 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 16:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
MAIN MAP UPDATE

.-H-G-F-E-D-C-B-AABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8           .^^.                
-7        ....^^.........        
-6                      .        
-5                      ....     
-4      #   #.  #.  #.     .     
-3          ..  ..  ..     #     
-2                      ....     
-1                      .        
1        ..  ..  ..  ...        
2        .#   #   \  ...        
3               OMR    .        
4            E  B      ...      
5      .   ./  #.  ..    .      
6      .   ..  ..  ..    #      
7                      ...      
8                      .  ......
9     .  ..  ..  ..11...  .     
10 .....  .\  \.  .#11......     
11         Y           ..!.. @   
12                     >>!       
13                     >>!       
14            §§       ..!.. @   
15    ..  .#  C§  .#  ......     
16    ..  ..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17   .                  .  ......
18  ..                  .        
19      ..  ..  ..  ..           
20      ..  ..  ..  ..           
21                               
22                               
23        ..  ..  ..  ..         
24        ..  ..  ..  ..         
The orange O stands for Merrell's Flaming Sphere.
The # symbols represent the crypt doors with "/" representing open ones.  They are pretty much all in the north and south walls of the crypts.
The > or ^ symbols represent stairs going down.
I've put Yvandel in aqua to show he is invisible.
The § symbol represents the bats swarm.  if your character is in red, then you are inside the bats.


ROUND SIX - Continued
ACTIONS THIS ROUND OUTSTANDING:
MERRELL's remaining action (move or standard)
LUCRETIA's full attack.
YVANDEL's action
DORN's action (will be taken as climb and jump & REF roll to avoid Flaming Sphere if I don't see a post)
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)22
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15 Zzzz
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Elwin (E)5
Dorn (D)5

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:24, Thu 10 Dec 2015.

Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 785 posts
 HP 39/39 AC 18/13/15 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+6
Thu 10 Dec 2015
at 21:21
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Yv looks around in the light now glowing from the door, and finds the next door for him to open, hoping that perhaps Ceely is ok with the bats. One of the things he regretted was his ability to cause damage, especially when it could help protect his friends, but overall he knew he would suffer more from such abilities than by not having them. Certainly, from Yv's point of view, the ability to remain invisible served him, and hopefully the group better.

[Yv moves to B13 and casts Knock on the door in B15.
Light was cast on B11 door last round, but not shown in latest map...]

Narrator
 GM, 697 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sat 12 Dec 2015
at 16:48
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Casting knock, the door opposite Yvandel springs open, revealing another crypt with yet another stone bier.  This one, like one of the previous ones opened by Yvandel, has a rag draped skeleton lying on it.

OOC: Lucretia said he was going to do a full-attack, so I'll go ahead and roll for him, even though we haven't yet had Merrell's post:

Meanwhile, back in the cellar underneath one of the other crypts, Lucretia judges his moment, then chops viciously at Santanico with his swords...
23:11, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Lucretia, rolled 24(+2),12,29,12,25,17,21,12 using 1d20+12(+2),1d10+8,1d20+11,1d6+7,1d20+7,1d10+8,1d20+6,1d6+7.  Full attack on Santanico (AC??).
23:15, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Lucretia, rolled 3,95,11,66 using 1d100,1d100,1d100,1d100.  40% miss chance for each potential hit (blur/low light).


With the low light and the blur around her, Lucretia finds it hard to strike exactly where she is, even with her being flatfooted initially.  His short sword finds its mark however, and the enchanted blade stabs into her, cutting two deep cuts.  (24 damage total)

"You son of a bitch!" curses Santanico, whirling towards Lucretia.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:22, Sat 12 Dec 2015.

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 512 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 00:16
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Hearing the action ongoing, Dorn scrambles down the rope and makes a jump for it trying to leap past the flames.

ooc: rolled a 10 on REF
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 839 posts
 HP 27/30 AC 21/16/17 In+5
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+8
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 03:48
29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard  ROUND 6
Merrell felt the heat of the Flaming Sphere as he nimbly launches himself off the wall. He tucks as he hits the floor in a roll that takes him near one of the caskets. The wizard scrambles into the space between the caskets and uses them as cover.

OOC: move to B7
Narrator
 GM, 698 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 11:37
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Dorn is less agile than Merrell, and climbing down a further, he reaches the end of the burning rope some 10 feet above the ground and leaps off, dropping the last ten feet as he tries to throw himself clear of the burning ball of fire.  His attempt is less successful than Merrell's however and although he manages to land on his feet, he can't avoid the fire and his skin.
10:53, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Dorn, rolled 20 using 1d20+6.  Acrobatics check to avoid falling damage (DC15) .
11:04, Today: Narrator rolled 11 using 3d6.  Flaming Sphere damage.

Dorn takes 11 damage


START OF ROUND SEVEN
Santanico staggers back a step from Lucretia, her expression livid.  But then some other movement behind Lucretia seems to catch her attention, and she smiles at him instead.  "Have fun" she quips, before dissolving once more into mist, her form sinking down to merge with low mist on the floor.

Behind Lucretia, one of the caskets cracks open, a near skeletal hand pushing it open to reveal an emaciated figure with rotten flesh half falling from its bones. Without bothering to climb out of the coffin, it half-sits up and stretches to lash out ineffectually at Lucretia, its eyes glowing red with the undead hatred of everything living.  Three other caskets in the room also flip open, their ancient wooden tops crashing back in a cloud of dust as their occupants clamber out.  Two close to Merrell and another one in the corner of the room close to Lucretia.
11:34, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Undead, rolled 6,4 using 1d20+4,1d4+1.  Attack & Damage on Lucretia (AC24).

Map of the cellar below.
 ABCDEF
1.. O..
2..  ..
3.    .
5.    .
6.@U@ .
7.m% @.
8.%U@ .
9. @ @.
10.@ @ .
11. @ @.
12.%L@ .
13. @U%.
14......
The @ symbols represent the various wooden coffins on their stone plinths - If they are % then they have opened.
If they are red, then they also have a creature on that square. 

O = Flaming Sphere.
U = new undead

ROUND SEVEN
CEELY'S ACTION OUTSTANDING, MERRELL ALSO UP
Initiative Order
Ceely (C)23
Santanico (S) Dancer Vampire (2)22
Undead (U22
Merrell (m)22
Blondung (B)15
Dire Lion (1111)15 Zzzz
Bat Swarms (§§§§)15
Milo (M)14
Rufus (R)13
Yvandel (Y)13
Lucretia (L)9
Elwin (E)5
Dorn (D)5

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 618 posts
 HP 52/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 13:40
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Since the bats had followed her into the smaller room she thought quickly and instead forced her way back thru the door and into the main room and attempted to slam the door into the smaller room where she had been, trapping a portion of the bats.
Narrator
 GM, 699 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sun 13 Dec 2015
at 15:07
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Ceely pushes her way through the bats, enduring their constant bites and scratches to her exposed skin as she gets out of the crypt and back into the corridor.  Moving around the door, she shoves the heavy door to try to shut it, hoping to trap some of the bats in the crypt.  With bats whizzing all around her, and banging against the door as she tries to close it, the door nearly closes, before jamming, broken bat bodies blocking it from closing completely.


15:04, Today: Narrator, on behalf of Ceely, rolled 25 using 1d6+3.  Damage versus the swarm by slamming door on them.
14:55, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Swarm, rolled 1 using 1d6.  Swarm Damage.

1 hp damage + 1 point bleed.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:42, Sun 13 Dec 2015.

Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 850 posts
 HP 64/84 AC 22/13/20 IN+5
 FOR+9 REF+7 WIL+0
Wed 16 Dec 2015
at 12:22
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
As the Vampire utters her swear word at Luc, he grins wickedly and replies, "didn't see that coming did you bitch!"

Luc then mumbles an incomprehensible curse of his own as the vampire turns to mist.

Seeing the undead rise from the coffins Luc wastes no time in engaging them and presses his attack before they get our of the coffins.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 820 posts
 HP 61/76 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 10:32
actions for round 7
 As the door gave in and allowed them to take a look inside, Milo was ready to bash undead skulls or invoke the Holy Mercy of the Broken One.

 The scene they discovered was somehow disappointing. He sent a brief prayer for the soul of those poor souls, and moved to the next cell.

  "Bloodung... this is getting out of hand, we need to regroup"

 The priest focused and tried to determine where the enemies were, and whether some of his allies were in need of assistance.

 He also cast a simple prayer to enhance his mobility.

  cast effortless armour

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 256 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 12:14
actions for round 7
Blondung nods in agreement with Milo's comments.  "Luc, Merrell and Dorn have gone down into a pit inside that crypt there" he reports to Milo and Rufus as the two of them come towards him, nodding towards the open door where Elwin still stood.  "I think Ceely and Yvandel are still that way" he says, gesturing back towards the wider corridor in the middle of the crypts, from where light can be seen moving around.
Rufus
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 12:17
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Rufus, moving with Milo, steps past Blondung and Merrell's ball of fire, and grips hold of the iron ring in the door next to the wizard.  "Want me to try to open another one?" he asks to Milo, readying himself to pull.

Move: to G4
Standard: ready a pull

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:23, Fri 18 Dec 2015.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Edmond), 821 posts
 HP 61/76 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 14:15
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
 Milo nods first to Blondung: "Try and gather those who are still up here..."

 He then nods to to Rufus: "Let's do it."

 move action: help Rufus with the door

Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 257 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 14:47
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard
Blondung looks somewhat sour at Milo's "command" to him, but turns and heads off to find Ceely and Yvandel.

Move: move through the crypts to G11
Narrator
 GM, 704 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Sat 19 Dec 2015
at 11:43
Re: 29th Eleasias (Highsun) 1370 - Year of the Takard


As Milo tells Rufus to try the door, the muscled warrior bends his back to the task, not waiting for Milo to help, and yanks open the door, the heavy stone screeching as it grates open.  Inside, Milo's glowing mace reveals another crypt with a simple raised rectangular marble slab and a rag draped skeleton on top of it.  There is a glint of gold from something gripped in the skeletal hand of the long dead occupant.   Milo gets a glimpse of the writing on the door which reads:
    Claudia; None Shall Ever Forget;
          His Courage and Sacrifice


11:29, Today: Narrator, for the NPC Rufus, rolled 23 using 1d20+5.  STR Check to open door.
MAIN MAP UPDATE
.-H-G-F-E-D-C-B-AABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW
-8           .^^.                
-7        ....^^.........        
-6                      .        
-5                      ....     
-4      #.  #.  #.  #.     .     
-3      ..  ..  ..  ..     #     
-2                      ....     
-1                      .        
1        ..  ..  ..  ...        
2        .#   #   \  ...        
3               O      .        
4            E MR      ...      
5      .#  ./  ./  ./    .      
6      ..  ..  ..  ..    #      
7                      ...      
8                      .  ......
9     .  ..  ..  ..11...  .     
10 .....  .\  \.  .#11......     
11         *    B      ..!.. @   
12                     >>!       
13         Y   §       >>!       
14            §C§      ..!.. @   
15    ..  ./  ..  .#  ......     
16    ..  ..  ..  ..  ...  .     
17   .                  .  ......
18  ..                  .        
19      ..  ..  ..  ..           
20      ..  ..  ..  ..           
21                               
22                               
23        ..  ..