1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 903 posts
 HP 39/39 AC 18/13/15 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+6
Wed 31 May 2017
at 11:10
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"Do you want us to tie you up next time I put you to sleep Luc! Don't be so bloody stupid. Leave them alone, and think about these damned tattoo's and getting rid of them!" Yv called out, aware his attempt to distract Luc's attention might cause him pain, but Yv was not willing to let Luc go back, especially with swords in hand.

Preparing for the reaction, Yv prepared the sleeping spell again.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 610 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 00:35
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"Luc, let it go, we all know you can kill 'em if you want, he knew that too, it might ov been wot he was wantin', he acted stupid from 'is anger, but can any ov us here say we haven't done the same.  We got worse things to fight and we need you with us".
Milo
 The Unknowns(Phil), 885 posts
 HP 50/54 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Mon 5 Jun 2017
at 16:27
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Milo settled himself and simply added to Dorn's words.

"Luc, there is anger in your heart. Let that not lead you against people who should not have accused you without proof. Do not let evil into your heart as well as anger. We have great need of you and your skills, for I fear there is much more worthy enemies to fight before long. Let us leave them in their stupidity."
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 937 posts
 HP 64/84 AC 22/13/20 IN+5
 FOR+9 REF+7 WIL+0
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 10:47
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Luc stops and turns around and shakes his head as if considering the words.

He angrily stomps back towards the group.

As he nears his horse he lifts up a sword pointing at Yvandel (from afar) and says, "if you ever do anything like that again..." letting the words trail off.

Still angry he sheaths his swords and leaps onto his horse and starts trotting away, "let's go before I kill someone!"
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 904 posts
 HP 39/39 AC 18/13/15 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+6
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 15:03
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Yv felt himself shudder as Luc raised his sword, appreciating that his friend was at least staying out of swords reach. Yv wasn't certain he would have gotten the sleep spell off before Luc could have struck him, but he had been prepared to at least try if Luc had been determined. As far as Yv saw it, he had saved Luc from making a stupid mistake, and potentially tarring all of them as simple killers of potentially innocent people. That didn't sit well with Yv, and he was glad his words were not the only ones raised in an attempt to calm Luc down. Yv knew better than to say anything at all at this point and simply adjusted himself on his horse and waited until the others began to move off before joining them. Yv didn't exactly ride at the rear, but knew to keep his distance for a while.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Phil), 886 posts
 HP 50/54 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 15:11
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Milo sat silently, letting Luc have his say and begin to ride off, before checking on Yv. Milo could see that boy was scared, and knew that the lad had probably dodged a nasty death when Luc had come to his senses. The threat from Luc was one Milo was glad was not aimed at him, and as his horse moved past Yv, Milo placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and simply said, "Ride with me a while Yv."

With Luc in front of them, Milo let the silence of no words pass over them, letting Yv know by his presence that he would have supported the illusionist if there had been any real trouble from Luc. The silence also allowed Milo to think over what could possibly caused Luc to act so dangerously in the village. Milo didn't consider Luc to be one to worry too much about his reputation, at least until he remembered Luc had not been impressed when Yv had given all the credit for killing the vampire to Elwin and her brother. Shrugging, Milo out his holy symbol and said a silent prayer to Ilmater, aware that as he had said to Luc, there were still many challenges ahead and that Milo wished to reduce the suffering of all that would accept it.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 611 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 00:08
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Dorn waits just a few moments before nudging his mount forward to ride alongside Luc.  He doesn't talk unless the fighter wishes to, but rides in step, to show his support, as they have so often fought side by side of late.  Tiny trundles along just behind.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 680 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 01:13
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
 Spurring her horse lightly she moves ahead of the others as they once more take to the road towards what one could call the unknown...which suited her just fine. She loved traveling thru places she had never been or seen.

 Touching her mount lightly with a toe the animal made a little crow hop before settling down and went forward at a rolling gallop that wouldn't tire it out or her til later this day.

 It was only a few minutes before she once again was watching the land on both sides of the road for possible signs of trouble and on the road for who had recently passed along its surface, wagons or horses and how many.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 938 posts
 HP 64/84 AC 22/13/20 IN+5
 FOR+9 REF+7 WIL+0
Fri 9 Jun 2017
at 10:05
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
In reply to Dorn (msg # 28):

Luc notices Dorn's presence beside him and comments, "I hate being blamed for something I didn't do, furthermore being belittled infront of the entire village like that."

He ponders on, "I was going trying to just talk to the guy, and if he traded fists I would have just knocked him down on his ass to teach him a lesson"

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he adds in a dimmed voice, "perhaps when this is all over I will pay that town a visit..."
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 612 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Sat 10 Jun 2017
at 00:47
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Dorn nods, "Yeah, I get that.  If it matters at all, Ceely and Milo both gave the old man an earful in your defense, and ah told him if you were guilty, you would 'ave said so."


He rides a few more moments, as if done talking, debating in his mind, but now is as good a time as any.

"Luc, somethin' about you has changed since ah met you, an edge, a bit of bloodlust.  Tis none of my business, but I'd want to know if it were me, so there it is,  friend to friend. "
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 272 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Mon 12 Jun 2017
at 12:35
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"That'll be that damn brooch of Gargauth embedded in his chest!" mutters Blondung.
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 939 posts
 HP 64/84 AC 22/13/20 IN+5
 FOR+9 REF+7 WIL+0
Tue 13 Jun 2017
at 10:42
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Luc let's Bloondung's comment pass as he comments on Dorn, "bloodlust? no... I am good in fight and not shy to test my limits."

"Where I grew up, I was pushed around a lot and life made me angry. So I learned not to take any bull from anyone early on... especially from men like the inn keep." he continues.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 613 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 03:18
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Dorn shrugs, "Like ah said, probably none of my business.  Ah'm happy enough to fight alongside yah, you are the best in a fight ah've ever seen, including meself, although, you do kinda smell like an elephant".   Dorn doesn't quite manage to hide a small smile

This message was last edited by the player at 03:19, Fri 16 June 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 892 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 12:43
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Although it takes nothing away from the beauty of the Greyvale, it becomes clear quite quickly after leaving Nighthunters Crossing that you've left civilization behind you as well. The only sign of men's presence in this area in modern times is the trail itself and the camping places you see along the trail, along with remnants of battles. Already at noon on the first day out, you come across fragments of destroyed wagons along the road and rotting bodies, dead a few weeks already, whose bones have been picked by buzzards and vultures. You also see such carrion birds often in the trees along the river and the trail. The feeling is always there, that you're being watched, but no observers are visible.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 681 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 21:49
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
 She slows the speed down and slowly orbits the destroyed wagons and bodies, she searched for signs of who might have ambushed them other then the flying creature she had noticed several days ago.

 Looking for tracks of other beings then the humans and caravan personal. Soon she dropped back to the others and talked low to them,"I suspect they have watchers along the wood line who are watching for anyone interested in the smashed caravan or perhaps another caravan using this road. If you want i can slip into the woods and see if i can see who is watching us?."
Milo
 The Unknowns(Phil), 887 posts
 HP 50/54 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 07:39
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"I'm sure Yv can help in that department as well, and make you invisible. Would speed up the search as well." Milo says, glancing at his companion, trying to draw Yv out a little more from the mornings events.
Narrator
 GM, 894 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 13:39
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Ceely can see that any remaining weapons and armour belonging to the deceased have all been broken beyond repair - swords snapped, chain mail rent, helms crushed and so on.   Searching around for tracks, there is little surviving evidence to tell how the battle went (beyond badly for the caravan), or who the attackers were.   The corpses are all quite rotten, and several carrion feeders are disturbed as the party pass by.
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 682 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 01:10
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
 Frowning as she read the signs of how the battle went and from what she could read it was mostly a one sided fight that was not in the wagon guards favor. She lead her horse back to the others and waved her hand towards the ruined site.

 "As far as i can see the wagon guards had no chance against the creature that attacked them, assuming that it was that wyvern again that is doing the dirty work for who ever is attacking the caravans.

 Nothing of value was left, swords broken and bent and something was big enough to tear armor thru, so once again possibly a wyvern.

 So what do you guys want to do?, i can possibly sneak around to see who is watching us or we can go on our way, which wont help the town we just left."

Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 614 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 01:43
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"We do what's decent, let's bury tha' dead and burn tha rest...now might be good time to use that dirt digging creature of yours.."
Merrell
 The Unknowns (Don), 895 posts
 HP 27/30 AC 21/16/17 In+5
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+8
Fri 14 Jul 2017
at 13:12
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Merrell nods, pulling out his somewhat battered figurine of the umber hulk.  Placing it down on the ground, he gestures for the others to move back, and then brings forth the confusing causing beast.  Speaking in earthy words, he gives it some simple instructions, and within a short period of time, a large mass grave has been dug.  The decomposing bodies are gently put into the grave and then covered over.

The whole process takes barely half an hour.

During this time, the feeling of being watched continues, though nothing happens.

"Shall we move on?" enquires Merrell?
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 615 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Sat 15 Jul 2017
at 01:06
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Dorn nods, looking at the mass grave.  Whatever was watching them, at least, could attest to their decency.

"Yeah, let's move on." his mind turning a sharp turn, adds, "Hey, did we ever figure out wot' any of that stuff we got from the counts place was worth, anything that might help us on arr journey?"
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 683 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 02:14
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
 She let the others go about burying the dead men but her eyes were sweeping the tree line and the sky for any appearance of a flying monster. She was almost sure the distant creature she had spotting across the valley was a wyvern.

 Still she could not understand how anyone could control a wyvern for any time, she had heard of spells that could mentally control monsters for a short time...maybe if you caught and raised one from a hatchling, it might obey orders.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Phil), 888 posts
 HP 50/54 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 07:38
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Milo took his time ensuring the dead were properly buried, placing a prayer to Ilmater over the bodies before letting the soil cover them. Milo let his mind wander a little as he shifted the dirt back over the bodies with the others, enjoying the labour for what it was, rather than the reason for the labour. Finished, Milo stood with his hands on the top of the spade and wiped the sweat away from his face. Looking over at Ceely, the ever vigilant, Milo wondered what was going through her mind at the moment.

Spotting Yv staying out of the way, Milo returned the spade to its travelling position and moved over to the young man and waited for the others to finish off. Taking a swig of water from his waterskin, Milo offered it to Yv without saying anything.
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 906 posts
 HP 39/39 AC 18/13/15 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+6
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 10:50
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"Thanks" was the only word Yvandel bothered to say to Milo, his mind having been wandering over the actions of Luc at the inn, and Blondung's words about the strange changes that Luc had been going through since he had inserted the item into his chest. Yv returned the waterskin and looked over at Luc, wondering what was going on.

"Its a shame we can't go back to that library and find out more about items found in deep tunnels and their impact on people!" Yv says almost in a whisper, before turning away and moving to his horse.
Narrator
 GM, 900 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 15:31
Re: 1st Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Having buried the dead, the group continue their journey, away from the scene of death and decay and onwards towards Llork.  The pleasant afternoon slowly wanes, though the feeling of being watched never seems to leave the party.   When dusk approaches without incident, they somewhat nervously make camp, wondering just what it was that had been attacking the Zhent caravans.  The evidence didn't; seem to point towards a Wyvern or similar - but something more intelligent and organised.

Despite the near constant itch between the shoulder blades, the summer evening is a pleasant one - the beauty of the Greyvale really coming into its own.  The spot chosen for their camp site is one with good visibility, and great views of the mountains rising to both the north and the south.  As the sun slowly slipped beneath the horizon to the west, leaving a spectacular sunset to fade from the sky, the group set up their camp and start cooking an evening meal.

Agreeing who would take which watch, the group discuss for a while the road ahead - a few more days travel to Llork, then, once through the Zhent controlled town, up the Dawn Pass trail, past the mines of Dekantar, and then south, a good month's worth of riding before the borders of Cormyr would be reached, and then several more weeks to get to Daggerdale to seek out the owner of the second sigil - Gwath.

OOC: You might find it interesting to read the following link I found when trawling back through the game history recently:
   http://matthewfenn.ipage.com/n...48Introspections.htm