2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 903 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 15:00
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Somewhat unexpectedly, the night passes without incident.  Normal wildlife noises are heard around the camp, lending a sense of normality.   In the distance at one point, the howls of wolves hunting can be heard in the distance, though far enough away not to cause too much concern to those on watch.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:02, Tue 15 Aug 2017.

Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 685 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 23:10
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
 Rising early and taking care of her personal care before the sun breaks the horizon, she is clean and has circled the camp once to make sure none have came by to survey the camp and who was there.

 She nods to the watch and sits near the fire to enjoy its warmth and the comforting sound of insects and early sounds of birds calling for mates and the joy of being alive this morning.

 Looking over the group she feels a sense of comfort knowing that they are her friends who has suffered the trail as much as she has and has not offered complaint about the lack of a soft bed and too much hardtack when solid food was not close by.

 Sighing she looks to see if anyone is awake yet, "Perhaps we should get everyone awake, the day looks good for travel, i am not one to talk of high magic but i was thinking last night, can someone watch us thru the mark on our bodies thru magic?."
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 616 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 03:04
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Dorn opens his eyes, sees Ceely at the fire and is filled with the admiration, respect, and attraction that is always there with her.

"You know how ah feel Milady, Ah realize ah'm naught but a humble dwarf, an yeh will never feel tha' same fer meh, tis a shame we....eh...meehhh....ah..."

Dorn rolls over, the dream fading from his mind as he rolls up on a rock, driving into his back.   Oddly enough, he sees Ceely at the fire.

Picking up the stone, he stares at it a few moments, then rises and approaches Ceely,

"You 'ave any idea how that got here,  clearly a runestone, an'dwarvish....seems odd but somewhat hopeful, eh?"
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 907 posts
 HP 39/39 AC 18/13/15 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+6
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 09:17
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Yv awoke, his dreams disappering with the start of the day, and he went through Dolo and Volo to check for wear and tear as he did most mornings, feeling the settling effect the puppets had on his mood. Seeing that all was good, Yv prepared his mind for the day ahead.

Hearing Ceely's question about being spied on through the runes, Yv said, "Well, anyone who has met us could potentially use a spell to try and look in on us. It takes quite a bit of knowledge and a few personal items to make the spell effective, but it can be done. Like a piece of someone's hair or something they have had for a long time. Like Volo and Dolo here. I can't use that type of spell, but can look back at a place we have been and see what is happening there at this moment. Can be useful."
Lucretia
 The Unknowns (Volkan, 944 posts
 HP 64/84 AC 22/13/20 IN+5
 FOR+9 REF+7 WIL+0
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 09:21
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Luc gets up and gathers everything up testing the limits of the pocket of the cloak he get from the count.

Thinking of hiding his blades in there to save space, he decides otherwise because the blades make him look more intimidating.

He tries to fit as much of the stuff he doesn't urgently need in there.

He then quietly goes to work on his morning ritual of taking his whetstone and sharpening his blades removing any kinks.
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 273 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 09:09
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Blondung glances up from studying his spell book, the mage having been awake since the first light.  He nods in agreement with Ceely's assessment on the day, and closes his book.  As Yvandel addresses the rangers question, he shrugs.  "As Yvandel says, there are spells to see or scry from a distance, but whether or not someone can see us through these damn sigils..."  He shrugs again.  "Whatever the magic is that drives these sigils, it isn't a type that I recognise.   Even Allustriel, chosen of Mystra couldn't identify how the magic worked."

He stared bitterly at the back of his hand for a moment, the edge of Gwath's sigil writhing slowly under his cuff, only to look up as Dorn mutters something in his sleep, before rolling over and sitting up.  A smile quirks the mage's lips for a moment, before turning into a frown as Dorn mentions finding a dwarvish runestone under his bedroll.
Narrator
 GM, 904 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 09:13
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Ceely's trip around the camp at dawn had revealed no tracks or signs that anyone apart from themselves had been there that night.

Looking at the stone Dorn is showing her, she can see that it is a a round smooth granite disk approximately five inches in diameter and a half-inch thick with dwarven runes inscribed around the edge of one face and a pair of hammers crossed across what looks like an ingot engraved in the middle.  The other face is smooth and polished.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:15, Fri 25 Aug 2017.

Milo
 The Unknowns(Phil), 889 posts
 HP 50/54 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 11:14
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Milo had been listening, enjoying the rather simple elements of the groups start to the day, before becoming interested in what Dorn was saying. Moving over to the dwarf, Milo takes a little time to examine the image and the stone before asking Dorn, "Do you recognise the symbol? My dwarven history is a little sparse, but is it not a settlement marker?"

Milo wracked his brains, trying to remember if he had seen the symbol of crossed hammers and an ingot before.

[OOC Milo rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Knowledge (History) check.]
Yvandel
 The Unknowns (Phil), 909 posts
 HP 39/39 AC 18/13/15 IN+3
 FOR+2 REF+5 WIL+6
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 11:19
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Yv watches and listens to Milo, nodding that the symbol should probably be something his own knowledge of dwarven culture could help with. Yet his memory could not bring anything connected to crossed hammers to mind.

Shaking his head, Yv says, "Well, my knowledge might be more than yours Milo, but it is limited as well. Nothing comes to mind. Perhaps Blondung or Merrell might have more information. Unless our dwarven colleague here is testing us! I could ask DOlo and VOlo, but I suspect that amount of sarcasm this early in the morning might not be appreciated!"

[Yvandel rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Knowledge Check - Dwarven.]
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 686 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 14:28
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
 She turned from watching the stand of distant trees to see what item they were talking about and recognized a pressed or carved stone done in the dwarven fashion. She had to guess that it was some kind of marker, so she tried to remember any conversations she had with dwarven stone crafters about the work they did.

 07:24, Today: Ceely rolled 16 using 1d20+3.  knowledge history.
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 617 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 23:32
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"It just says, travel in peace, but the symbols, should be a clan symbol, but none ah' ever heard tell of.   An' I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I went ta sleep, ah'd of noticed a thing like that".
Blondung
 The Unknowns (NPC), 274 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 16/12/16 IN+4
 FOR+2 REF+7 WIL+6
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 15:19
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"One the one hand, that's pretty worrying - that someone, presumably a dwarf, could slip into our camp and leave such a token, but on the other hand, it's message is perhaps more reassuring" interjects Blondung dryly.

He frowns in thought for a moment.   "Perhaps whoever left the stone is part of the same group that have been behind all the recent attacks?" he suggests.   "And maybe having watched us for a bit, they've decided we're not what they are trying to stop?"  He glances at Dorn in particular, thinking aloud.  "From what we heard, over the last couple of months or so, all trade caravans or Zhent patrols in this area have failed to get through..."

He looks around the group.  "We are definitely not a trade caravan, and we don't really look like a Zhent patrol either...  plus we have a dwarf amongst us....  If it is some band of powerful dwarves behind the problems - perhaps we just don't fit the profile they are looking for..."
Dorn
 The Unknowns(Robbie), 618 posts
 HP101/101 AC25/11/24 IN+1
 FOR+16 REF+4 WIL+1
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 23:18
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
Dorn strokes his beard, "Well, tis' true dwarves can be quite light ov foot when need be, but I don't know why they wouldn't 'ave just tapped meh on the shoulder an' handed it to me, it isn't like I was gonna stop 'em from doing their good deeds." He shrugs.
"Another unknown, ta add to all the rest, won't solve it standing around here, let's move on..."
Ceely
 The Unknowns (Rob), 687 posts
 HP 63/63 AC 18/14/14 In+8
 FOR+8 REF+10 WIL+5
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 23:44
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
 She finished glancing around the area for signs of watchers before looking back to Dorn, "If you say so Warrior Dorn,then i must take your word of dwarven stealth but is it normal for dwarves to walk and not leave tracks?, None i know can do such but perhaps there is a unknown class of dwarven who are skilled in such abilities.

 I swept the area around the camp and found no such tracks, so either who ever brought the stone does not leave tracks by some magic or it traveled thru the earth below us?.

 I would be saddling my horse now and be ready to ride in minutes if it was just me but with you late risers i can wait for you to stir."


 Her last words were meant in jest but her mirth did not reach her eyes as she picked up her bow and quiver while walking towards the horses to inspect them for harm.
Milo
 The Unknowns(Phil), 890 posts
 HP 50/54 AC18/14/14 In+2
 Fort+14 Ref+6 Will+18 1NL
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 09:40
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
"It is said the druids can walk through the land without leaving a trace of their passage on the ground. Perhaps it was one of their kind that left you a little present Dorn. Hopefully it is a good omen of sorts" Milo said, already aware the day was beginning in yet another unusual way for the group of adventurers.
Narrator
 GM, 906 posts
 Once upon a time...
 ...rocks fell, they died.
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 21:45
2nd Eleint (The Fading) 1370 - Year of the Tankard
The group break camp and mount up - the itch of the sigils spurring them on to hurry their journey onwards.  The day passes slowly, the feeling of being watched much less than the previous day.  As the afternoon arrives, the sky clouds over with the promise of rain hanging in the air.  Sure enough, the wind picks up, and within a few hours, the journey becomes somewhat less than comfortable, the group riding slowly, cloaks wrapped around them tightly and heads lowered against the driving rain.

Unwilling to stop and delay their journey, the group press on as best they can, glad that the trail was at least clear and easy to follow, and hopeful that the inclement weather would also keep any more mundane threats also at bay.

Too soon it seems the light starts to fail from the sky, and the group make a new camp, the day having effectively passed without incident.  Remembering the flood that had nearly swept away their camp on the Rauvin several weeks back, they choose their camp site well, sheltering from the worst of the weather in a small but sturdy copse of trees.