Over the Fence II.   Posted by helbent4.Group: 0
Kelsey Sarah Champlain
 player, 1539 posts
 3/CSR - DRI
 CF Sergeant
Sat 15 Nov 2014
at 15:34
Re: Over the Fence II
Kelsey takes a moment to tune in the HQ traffic, apologizing a minute as she does.

She will also do a quick inspection to make sure the recovered HMMWV is fine, if possible, chuckling at the joke.
helbent4
 GM, 2502 posts
 aka Tony
Sat 15 Nov 2014
at 22:29
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to Kelsey Sarah Champlain (msg # 103):

The message from HQ at UBC was brief. The prisoners were taken to "cells" (into custody) at the RCMP detachment, and the wounded were in hospital. The DRI and RCMP were in the process of transferring to the RCMP headquarters complex near Oakridge mall in central Vancouver, abandoned after the nuclear attacks but mostly intact. This complex included some modern low-rise office buildings and even the old red brick RCMP HQ built in 1906.

As well, there was a confused situation from the Island. Loyal Soviet forces had been staging a major offensive along the eastern side of the Island down the Trans-Canada. Apparently, they were aiming for the naval base established at Ladysmith.
Jaspal
Tue 18 Nov 2014
at 11:29
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to helbent4 (msg # 104):

The middle-aged Sikh man wiped his hands on a rag to get the grease off.

"OK. Looks like we got your Humvee out. Look, we were hoping to do some salvage here. After we heard the firefight last night we figured we could wait until morning, in case anyone was here they'd probably have a very itchy trigger finger. But we're just glad to help. We, ah, took a Volvo station wagon that was abandoned down the road, we can bring it back if you want. Otherwise we're going to head back to town. Want to come with us?"

The other men started packing up their gear in preparation of moving.
William Hawke
 player, 261 posts
 Royal Marine CSAR
 Corporal
Tue 18 Nov 2014
at 14:53
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to Jaspal (msg # 105):

If Kelsey is close enough, Hawke says quietly,

"Chief, if you can get some way to contact them, I'd be willing to come back as part of an aid mission."

"We're booked right now, but once this is over, helping these folks out would be useful."
Taras Vladimirovich Shevchenko
 player, 1212 posts
 RCMP UBC Detachment
 Staff Sergeant
Wed 19 Nov 2014
at 17:15
Re: Over the Fence II
Bishop. This is Knight. You can offer one of the humvees to the locals. We need to gain their friendship after all. Over.
Kelsey Sarah Champlain
 player, 1543 posts
 3/CSR - DRI
 CF Sergeant
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 00:28
Re: Over the Fence II
Kelsey grins and replies to the radio, then approaches the Sikh man.

"Care for a lightly used softback Hummer?"

She gestures to the vehicle the arrived in.

"Gentlemen, let's get our stuff transferred over and ready to roll."
Jaspal
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 00:35
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to Kelsey Sarah Champlain (msg # 108):

"Would we? Yeah! Sounds great. Let my crew finished packing up."

He turned to check out the Humvee that Kel was offering (the one they were riding in) and then to see if everything was getting properly stowed away on his tow truck.
Kelsey Sarah Champlain
 player, 1544 posts
 3/CSR - DRI
 CF Sergeant
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 02:22
Re: Over the Fence II
"We salvaged it ourselves because we didn't have the time to recover our own.  Glad to give to you all."
Thomas Matthew Andrews
 player, 166 posts
 Fleet Protection Group RM
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 02:51
Re: Over the Fence II

Turning back from another can of the surroundings Thomas again glances in the direction of the humvee and the civilians. He watched the group again for a few seconds and then looked back down the road they had come and into the surrounding fields and countryside.

If he spots anything he raises his rifle and uses the optics on his rifle for an ID.
Jaspal
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 09:48
Re: Over the Fence II
Kelsey Sarah Champlain:
"We salvaged it ourselves because we didn't have the time to recover our own.  Glad to give to you all."


"OK! No problem. Let me talk to my boys, let them know the score."

He turned to discuss the matter with the other men.

This message was last updated by the GM at 09:48, Thu 20 Nov 2014.

helbent4
 GM, 2505 posts
 aka Tony
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 09:50
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to Jaspal (msg # 112):

It was agreed that one of the men, Jace, would drive the Humvee.

As the morning sun climbed higher, the men finished up their tasks. Jace stood by the Humvee's door, waiting for the driver and crew to vacate the vehicle so he could take over.
William Hawke
 player, 262 posts
 Royal Marine CSAR
 Corporal
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 15:55
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to helbent4 (msg # 113):

Walker slid out of the driver's seat, then reached back for his pack, rifle and other assorted items.

"Here you go," he said as he handed over they keys.

[OOC:  Do hummers even have keys?]
Kelsey Sarah Champlain
 player, 1547 posts
 3/CSR - DRI
 CF Sergeant
Fri 21 Nov 2014
at 07:15
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to William Hawke (msg # 114):

"Ok team, the boss is expecting us back.  Let's get this gong show on the road!"

She makes sure the radios are hooked back up in the new vehicle and everything is working.

The only keys a milspec HMMWV has is the one for the padlock you put on the chain installed on the steering wheel.  Probably no keys.
Andrew Montgomery McRae
 player, 654 posts
 1/CAR - DRI
 Master Sniper (Sergeant)
Fri 21 Nov 2014
at 12:06
Re: Over the Fence II
Andy relaxed and looked over at Mac, "No drama at the moment. Let's get back to the jeep."
Christopher Little Hawk MacDonald
 player, 391 posts
 1/RMR - DRI
 Rifleman
Fri 21 Nov 2014
at 13:18
Re: Over the Fence II
Mac grinned back.

"That's good. No drama is good in this trade!"

He got up and headed back to the Iltis.
William Hawke
 player, 263 posts
 Royal Marine CSAR
 Corporal
Fri 21 Nov 2014
at 14:55
Re: Over the Fence II
William Hawke:
In reply to helbent4 (msg # 113):

Walker slid out of the driver's seat, then reached back for his pack, rifle and other assorted items.

"Here you go," he said as he handed over they keys.


"Before I forget, do you guys have a Doc?"
Jace
Sat 22 Nov 2014
at 23:24
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to William Hawke (msg # 118):

The young man nodded as he climbed into the driver's seat.

"We don't have a doctor in town. There's one in Abbotsford, a vet from the zoo from before the bombs dropped.

"Better get all your stuff out, don't want to take off with it by accident."

The news there was a veterinarian in Abbotsford rang some bells. The office at the animal farm they looked through to find information on who could car for an elephant had records that indicated that one, maybe more, staff of the Vancouver Game Farm lived nearby in Adlergrove, Abbotsford or Cloverdale. This could be her, or another one of the zoo's veterinarian staff.
Kelsey Sarah Champlain
 player, 1548 posts
 3/CSR - DRI
 CF Sergeant
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 08:21
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to Jace (msg # 119):

"If everyone is ready, give that set of frequency to your mounties, and we will hopefully drop by soon.  Rejoice Rejoice, the government is so close to going back you can almost fucking feel the taxes!"

She laughs, and slips into her passenger seat position.
William Hawke
 player, 265 posts
 Royal Marine CSAR
 Corporal
Mon 24 Nov 2014
at 15:14
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to Kelsey Sarah Champlain (msg # 120):

Hawke walked over to the one he got stuck in the septic.

"Would you guys stick around until I get all 4 wheels on th' tarmac?  I'd hate to get this bastard buggered again."

To the team lead he makes a low comment, "That sounds like someplace we should visit, if Command approves it.  I'm sure they could use a traveling doc."
helbent4
 GM, 2506 posts
 aka Tony
Tue 25 Nov 2014
at 11:16
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to William Hawke (msg # 121):

The men waited around to see if the Humvee would run. It did, and they made ready to lave.

quote:

"If everyone is ready, give that set of frequency to your mounties, and we will hopefully drop by soon.  Rejoice Rejoice, the government is so close to going back you can almost fucking feel the taxes!"


Accepting the information with a nod, Jaspal replied, "yeah, you and me both. What's our motto again? "Peace, order and good government". For years now we didn't have any of that, I'd even be willing to pay taxes again if you can deliver. OK boys, let's get going."

The civilians pulled out, forming a little convoy heading west towards Langley.
Kelsey Sarah Champlain
 player, 1549 posts
 3/CSR - DRI
 CF Sergeant
Wed 26 Nov 2014
at 01:20
Re: Over the Fence II
"You heard em, let's get the shit off our tires by rolling em."

She radios back to the fort that they are leaving.
Stanley Alistair Abbot
 player, 140 posts
 1/RMRR
 Infanteer
Wed 26 Nov 2014
at 03:52
Re: Over the Fence II
Abbot finished stowing the last of his gear from the soft-sided HMMWV.  He climbed back into the cupola and tested the traverse to make sure it was working.

"Looks like we're good up here.  Whenever you're ready, Sgt VanDoo."
William Hawke
 player, 266 posts
 Royal Marine CSAR
 Corporal
Wed 26 Nov 2014
at 18:00
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to Stanley Alistair Abbot (msg # 124):

Hawke drops his gear in the hummer, then looks under the vehicle for anything odd.

OOC:
If he finds nothing, he'll get into the driver's seat and waits for orders.
If he finds something, he'll point it out to the team lead.
helbent4
 GM, 2508 posts
 aka Tony
Mon 1 Dec 2014
at 13:04
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to William Hawke (msg # 125):

It looked like there was no major damage to the Humvee. If nothing else, the Yanks did make them very solid!

The civilian vehicles pulled out onto the road, their newly-acquired Humvee joining their little convoy. They headed west down 56 Ave, towards Langley. As well, towards the last known location of the Angels' White Rock Chapter club house, although they would likely turn left and avoid it at some point.

It was early morning now, the sun had risen and was burning off the dew and mist that clung to the fallow low-lying fields of the Fraser Valley. Sight lines were so-so, there were plenty of overgrown fields but the road was often bordered by untrimmed hedges and lined with trees.
helbent4
 GM, 2511 posts
 aka Tony
Thu 11 Dec 2014
at 10:11
Re: Over the Fence II
In reply to helbent4 (msg # 126):

At this point, there were 3 routes to take back to the fort where Taras was waiting.

The shortest was west, then north. This would take them past the community of Abbotsford but also the HA chapter club house.

They could travel the route they'd cleared along the freeway. A little longer but they'd gone that way a few times now without problem.

Or, probably the safest was the farthest northern route west along the river pioneered by Taras' detachment the day before. This would take them a little out of the way, but it was the farthest from the HA compound and it wasn't one they'd used repeatedly, but it also had been cleared.