Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"   Posted by Prometheus.Group: 0
Aziza
 player, 28 posts
Mon 17 Mar 2008
at 19:30
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
There's a chirp as Aziza phones in to T'risa's communicator.
"T'risa K'mahda, you should being aware that hostile large Cesti from inferior Pasha clan was seen speaking to blue woman on station.  I am suggesting this is being unfortunate and hopeful this is being different blue woman, contact with rival clan is ill-advised.  Pashas may being to try to sabotage mission."
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 35 posts
 O'maeda Telepath
 Colonial Marshal
Mon 17 Mar 2008
at 20:15
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
T'risa was shocked when the Cesti was attacked from behind. She instantly drew her plasma pistol from her shoulder holster ready to shoot the potential assassin. The chirp from her communicator distracted her for long enough to avoid shooting her would be protector. T'risa moved quickly back and away from the Cesti to one side, giving herself some room to move as she fired at the Cesti.

She used her mind to contact Pepper and the Valkiir.
"The Cesti is seeking a confrontation with us. He may have been paid to so. Treat him as hostile."
Aruhn
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 17 Mar 2008
at 22:31
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
    With speed that startled everyone Aruhn spun to face his attacker even with two rounds delivered point blank the massive blood drinker snarled in pur rage, a sound that rattled the walls and sent civilians running for their lives, eyes red with rage the Powerful Cesti seemed to be totally focused on Olween.

    Without any words other than the enraged roar he lashed out a mass of claws fangs and piss poor social attitude, even before the Cesti could react the automated weapon on his shoulder spun and locked on three needle thin lines of light eroing in on Olweens chest as the muzzle of the weapon began to glow with the impending discharge of highly charged plasma.

SECURITY BREACH LEVEL SIX WEAPONS DISCHARGE DETECTED ALL SECURITY TEAMS RESPOND>>>>>>> SECURITY BREACH>>>>>>>>>

  OOC: Combat initiated, I need initiative rolls from all interested parties.
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 36 posts
 O'maeda Telepath
 Colonial Marshal
Tue 18 Mar 2008
at 01:15
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
T'risa sighted along the barrel of her blaster pistol. She wished that Aziza had called her with a bit more advanced notice. Seeing the large Cesti in her sights she fired, hoping it might bring the barely sentient monster down. As soon as she fired, she'd realised she'd made a mistake. There would be no answers from a corpse. She decided to try commmunicating with everyone nearby.

"Non-lethal weaponry if possible. We need him alive."


Initiative:14
AC:16 (17 vs Aruhn)(19 vs Melee/Ballistic from Ahrun)
DR:2
Attacks Blaster pistol attack on Cesti

Die roller display
20:02, Today: T'risa K'mahda rolled 11 using 1d20+4. Blaster pistol Attack
20:03, Today: T'risa K'mahda rolled 17 using 2d8+1. Blaster pistol damage.
Ignores 1 DR Armor
OOC: Holy crap! Van is a killing machine. He rolls +12 on attacks!!!

This message was last edited by the player at 14:53, Tue 18 Mar 2008.

Kale Van Olween
 player, 7 posts
 Terran Cyborg
 Colonial Marshal
Tue 18 Mar 2008
at 01:57
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
Van was unintimidated...in fact he was the opposite of intimadated, he was both angry at the Cesti for not having died and thrilled that the thing would now provide him with an actual challenge. On his face was something like a combination of a snear and a grin as from a standing position he lept into the air and did a cartwheel sommersault. At the top of his sommersault's arc he will be looking directly down at the cesti's head and will deliver another one-two punch from his heavy pistols. Regardless of whether or not he actually hits the Cesti, he will land behind the creature and if it is still standing he will hit it with a third one-two punch from the hand cannons he carried.


He heard the alarms and silently swore his frustration. He would have to whip out his Colonial Marshal's badge and send the security personal scurrying away, squirting poo on themselves as most security bozos did when confronted by a real Law Officer. The swear was because he knew he would not be able to maintain a low profile now and would likely as not get no more good bounties while here. Another trip would end in a break even situation. Van was disgusted at not getting any money out of this.



Int 28
AC 28
DR 4/-
Jump - 10
Tumble - 27
Attack - Two weapon combo, both .50 cal pistols so (-2) to each roll.
Die Roller Display: Note -2 Penalty not applied.
From above-
22:05, Today: Kale Van Olween rolled 20 using 1d20+12. Gun #2.
22:05, Today: Kale Van Olween rolled 15 using 1d20+12. Gun #1.
From Behind-
22:09, Today: Kale Van Olween rolled 20 using 1d20+12. Gun #2.
22:09, Today: Kale Van Olween rolled 28 using 1d20+12. Gun #1.
OOC: Yea, emphasis on the machine part of killing machine. ;-)
GM, please add +2d6 to any damage rolls as Van is using double tap.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:14, Tue 18 Mar 2008.

Victor Grym
 player, 12 posts
 One Shot
 One Kill
Tue 18 Mar 2008
at 03:50
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
He ran, not much had been going on and he was bored. That and if another teammate was in trouble...well the military had taught him what to do. His boots had barely hit the upper catwalks when he found a spot that gave him a clear line of sight. The rifle came up and his arms. His finger rested gently on the trigger. One breath, a heartbeat. An eternity it seemed. He slowly pulled the trigger. Even at this distance it was like he was as close as the guy with the pistols.


Init:17
Ac:20
DR:0
Laser Sniper Rifle +10
Damage: 3d8

OOC:Enemy should be flatfooted as I am shooting from something like 675 ft away.



22:45, Today: Victor Grym rolled 15 using 3d8. Damage.
22:44, Today: Victor Grym rolled 14 using 1d20+10. Laser Sniper Rifle.
22:44, Today: Victor Grym rolled 17 using 1d20+3. Init.

Balkir Kolvul
 player, 9 posts
 Valkiir Male
 Professional bruiser
Wed 19 Mar 2008
at 01:47
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
Balkir was about to respond to his comrades when the big Cesti gave them all a piece of his mind, an unwelcome piece at that. He was about to come back at the monster with some sort of retort and to tell him they were law-enforcers. But before he could even begin to speak the shots from the over-zealous bounty hunter rang out. Balkir swore, all he wanted was a quiet day, was that too much to ask. He decided it was as the monster did not die but became even more enraged rather. He swore again.

It was almost a leisurely thing for Balkir, drawing his sword was, he had done it a million times against worse odds than this. He sighed one last time and gritted his teeth. He was suddenly in motion. His large frame barrelled forward the sword held over his head. With one powerful blow he brought the sword down aiming for the creatures back. The shot was sloppy and not the best that a trained Valkiir soldier could do.

OOC

21:45, Today: Balkir Kolvul rolled 15 using 1d10+8. Damage from sword should it hit
21:45, Today: Balkir Kolvul rolled 20 using 1d20+11. Charge attack with sword.
21:32, Today: Balkir Kolvul rolled 11 using 1d20+2. Initiative
Leoulin
 player, 27 posts
 ...AH! What was that...?
 Oh... okay.
Wed 19 Mar 2008
at 21:33
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
Leoulin frowned, a security breach?  Damn... and he was going to go for a ride on a ship later...

He tightened some straps on his gloves as he arrived not too terribly far from the scene of combat, but still not close enough to join.  He'd had to focus on running and not damaging things to get here in this amount of time.  He would join if there was still a threat in a few seconds.

"...I've never had a love for dogs or cats particularly, but if there are agents swinging at it, I'm really sorry if they started it..."
Prometheus
 GM, 62 posts
 A Galaxy of possibilities
 A Galaxy at war
Thu 20 Mar 2008
at 14:52
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
 Within seconds the powerful Cesti finds himself  the target of  an unbearable onslaught of fire from the CASAR team and Marshals. The salvo of 12mm rounds fro Van Olween left everyone in the area with ringing ears and a nose full of cordite fumes. The Bullets punched into the heavy hide of Ahrun. Landing heavily, the Marshal had to brace himself with his hand lending in a three point stance as he finished his leap.
A second later out of the dimly lit catwalks at the top of the cavernous opening of the pit a laser bolt sliced through the air catching the Cesti enforcer broadside searing a a patch of fur, hide and muscle reducing it to ash and char. Tírisa added to the carnage with a blast form her weapon, tearing a shallow cut into the side of her target living raw flesh behind as the majority of the bolt  was absorbed by an innocent looking vending machine sending a spray of soda and syrup across the floor.

Even as Ahrun spun prepared to spring on Van Olween an obscene curse roared at the top of his mighty lungs, the cesti felt the power of a Valkiir man, the heavy blade cut deep into the enforcers flank, spraying blood across Balkiir, Tírisa and Pepper. With a pitiful groan the heavy Cesti staggered and collapsed, falling face first on the floor blood flowing from his wounds and the smell of charred meat and burning hair filling the air.

It was obvious what had been an attempt to intimidate and dissuade the CA-SAR had ended in an impromptu firing squad for the wanted Clan enforcer. A silence louder than thunder followed the roar of the guns, no one moved no one spoke, the witnesses to the massed power of the team looked at each other and then found somewhere else to be in a damn big hurry.


OOC: Obviously combat is terminated, the treat is neutralized... while not dead ahrun is heaed for Intensive Care and probably some serious reconstructive surgery before being shipped back to Stygia for trial.
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 61 posts
 O'maeda Telepath
 Colonial Marshal
Thu 20 Mar 2008
at 15:12
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
T'risa quickly holstered her plasma pistol. The singed smell from the fur was mildly distressing, but at least the enforcer was alive and thus could answer questions, willingly or not. She ignored the blood all over her clothes, it could be washed off and hopefully she wouldn't need to take them along on this trip. She wiped her hands clean as best she could.

She walked forward in front of the Cesti. The beast was unconscious. Her voice took on a commanding tone. She was curious about the acrobatic pistoleer, but the questions had to come first.

"Balkir, Pepper I might be occupied for a few minutes. Keep a watchful eye, in case this one has friends."

She reached for her communicator.

Aziza. Do you have any further information for me regarding our would be attacker?"

Without waiting for answers she began reaching forward into its thoughts seeking the answers to the questions she had.
Kale Van Olween
 player, 14 posts
 Terran Cyborg
 Colonial Marshal
Thu 20 Mar 2008
at 15:25
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
Van stands, keeping one pistol trained on the Valkiir and the other he slowly holstered. As T'risa moves up on HIS Cesti he moves in front of her, blocking her path. The hand that had holstered the pistol moves to pull out his Colonial Authority Marshal's barge from underneath his shirt. It is hanging from a simple silver neck chain. He puts the ID only an inch or so from her faces and barks out,

"Back off you Mind Witch. I'm a Colonial Authority Marshal, here to collect a bounty. This Cesti is wanted on a half dozen worlds and is worth a lot of money to me. YOU need to slow your roll and back your shit up before I ventalate your cranium like I did his, capice? That goes for the rest of you half-wits to, and the sniper - wherever he is. You take a shot at me you get the whole CA up your ass. This is your only warning - back the hell up or ELSE!"

It should be noted that anyone making a sense motive check will find that: a) Van ain't bluffing, he will kill anyone who threatens his bounty & b) Van never read how to win friends and influence people. Instead he is using his weapon and his demenour to intimidate.

Intimidate 10 total including Action Point

This message was last edited by the player at 15:28, Thu 20 Mar 2008.

T'risa K'mahda
 player, 62 posts
 O'maeda Telepath
 Colonial Marshal
Thu 20 Mar 2008
at 15:49
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
T'risa's eyes blazed. Her hair started unfurling from her head as her teeth gritted. She pointed her finger directly in the midst of the mans chest.

"I don't care if he's wanted on half a dozen other worlds, it's what he does on this station that concerns me. This beast is a material witness in an ongoing investigation. He was seen accepting payment and given a target. That makes it a crime on this station and under my jurisdiction."

T'risa pulled her own badge out from her fatigue pocket, holding it up against the mans face.

"You'll find it a lot harder to ventilate my cranium than I will find it emptying yours. You're not the only CA Marshal on-station. Now back off and let me get on with my job or I'll have your authority revoked for obstruction."

10:40, Today: T'risa K'mahda rolled 24 using 1d20+13. Intimidate. I got you beat...and I didn't use a weapon.
10:45, Today: T'risa K'mahda rolled 21 using 1d20+6. Sense Motive and yup, I know you ain't bluffing....but neither am I.
Victor Grym
 player, 15 posts
 One Shot
 One Kill
Thu 20 Mar 2008
at 16:09
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
He mentally smiled yeah he didn't get credit for the kill alone but hey another target down. His scope moved to the other unknown gunman, this one pulling something out and waving a gun in his teams face. He zeroed in on the object and nearly burst out laughing. "This one should play out nicely." he said to noone in particular. He got up resting the weapon in the crook of his arm he started making his way down to the others.

His walk was slow and unconcerened, he pulled a pack of smokes out of the trench and lit one. Takeing a long drag before exhaling a large cloud of smoke. His face was a mask as he drew closer to the standoff. Merelly leaning against a wall well within sight of the others.

"You know you should be careful, she has back up. And I don't see anyone running to help you out." HE said his voice calm and cold.
Balkir Kolvul
 player, 10 posts
 Valkiir Male
 Professional bruiser
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 01:25
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
Balkir almost laughed as the man pointed a gun at him. In fact he did a little. He pulled his lighter out and relit his cigar. As he stuffed the lighter away back in his pockets he looked Kale right in the eyes. "I don't give a shit whether your CA or whatever. If ya don't get that pistol outta my face your day will become a lot worse." he stated simply, he wasn't trying to scare the man at all, not trying to do any of that game he was playing. He wasn't scared of some punk bounty hunter. Even an ordinary Valkiir wouldn't frighten easily and Balkir was no ordinary Valkiir. He pulled his sword out of the unconcious cesti. "Fucking cats." he grumbled as he puffed on his cigar. He let the commander take over the 'diplomatic precedings'. He turned to Pepper. "Sorry for the blood, darlin'" he said leaning on his big blade. He returned his attention to the bounty hunter. "And don't call my C.O. a witch or I'll have to slug ya one." he said on his commanders behalf.
Leoulin
 player, 33 posts
 ...AH! What was that...?
 Oh... okay.
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 12:23
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
Leo smirked, "We're all CA...  At least for the time being.  You'd be the other Marshal we're waiting for to get off this hunk of debris and actually start our next mission.  It's more than likely however that before you can properly fire on her, I'll smash your fingers and execute you for assaulting a CA Marshal.  All of you fools with weapons though, had best scoot, unless you want to hold us up for further days as an inquiry is run on the firing of projectiles in a sealed habitat environment.  You do know that one wondrously bad shot vents EVERYTHING in this place right?  I've got a badge, and no weapons.  Nor do I need either.  I'll say I got here after everything was over with, and it'll take some time to get you the credits for the bounty, then Miss Omaeda here will have the honor of checking her messages every few hours to see that the stinky foul beastie is properly serving for its crimes... but, we can still be under way in a few hours, as opposed to weeks.  We're still shy some assault team in case things go badly, but I'm certain they'll show up relatively soon.  Someone talk to Rhic about getting the records of security for this sector cleaned up while we get ready to leave..."

It was quite funny to him, but the more formal security would be here any time and they were not mindlessly obedient to the CA badge.  Some of them might even enjoy snubbing their noses at the CA's authority.  Leo didn't want any reasons for delay...
Pepper
 NPC, 16 posts
 Cute and harmless
 How can I help You
Sat 22 Mar 2008
at 12:15
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
   Pepper looked up still stunned by the sudden violence, She looked down at he clothes spattered with Cesti blood, and then to T'risa and The Slightly crazed cyborg holding the guns.
    OoooooKayyy...my ears must be messed up..I thought I heard a Marshal Threaten another one." She looked at the guns and then back up to the cyborg looking unimpressed. You see most times I'm willing to let Bounties work themselves out..But My ears are bleeding, my hairs a mess and someoneís brains are on my face.

        Pepper wiped the lump of gore off her cheek. So pipe down! The Bounty office will hash out who gets what, and anybody fires those guys in armor with the assault trifles might get pissy."

   She jerked a thumb over her shoulder to a trio of Security troopers led armed and armored for a fight. Their visors were down and they were moving in a fashion that gave the impression they were more than ready to deal with a problem if it escalated.
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 66 posts
 O'maeda Telepath
 Colonial Marshal
Sat 22 Mar 2008
at 14:14
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
T'risa placed her badge away in her pocket.

"Well, Marshal Kale it seems like you have a choice. Accept things gracefully and allow me to read the mind of the beast, or well....I will not elaborate on the other choice, but it can only end poorly."

T'risa watched the man for any sign of reaction.
Kale Van Olween
 player, 16 posts
 Terran Cyborg
 Colonial Marshal
Sat 22 Mar 2008
at 18:36
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
   " You ain't heard the last of this witch." Kale snarled looking around at the guns in the hands of the growing mumber of security and CASAR personnel. <blue>" You might want to watch our back, don't screw up witch...I'll be right there if you do."

    Without another word Klae holsered his weapons, kicked the bloodied corpse and stalked off toward the bounty office, shoving a SEC-trooper out of his path as he went. " Tag that meat, KVO-1295 arresting officer."
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 67 posts
 O'maeda Telepath
 Colonial Marshal
Sat 22 Mar 2008
at 20:14
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
T'risa reflected on the choices that had led her on the road to becoming a CA Marshal. There were indeed many people who would take an opportunity to end her career more permanently. This was another. The queue was long. She breathed in a deep sigh once Kale had left.

"Now that....was awkward."

She walked over to the individuals dealing with the disposition of the Cesti's body. She was deeply displeased that the Marshal had delayed her for long enough that the Cesti had died. She now had no leads on which one of her enemies had paid it to waylay her.

" I would also lay a claim on the Cesti, on behalf of myself and all of the officers I have deputised."

She gave the man her badge number and the names of all of the CA-SAR personnel she'd be working with. They might get a cut, they might not. The bounty office would determine. She suspected he could have finished off the beast himself, but the work on the part of the others deserved recognition.

She wiped some of the grosser elements of the Cesti off her clothes displeased that what should have been an excellent shopping expedition had ended up in near disaster.

"Pepper, was that Marshal the one due to join our expedition?"

She had a sneaking suspicion he may well have been. Two Marshals in close proximity would be by all accounts a rather rare thing. She motioned for everyone to draw closer an apologetic look on her face.

"Thank you all for your contributions. It shows that we all work well as a team. A relationship I hope we will preserve going forward. You have my apologies for the incident, but it seemed unavoidable. I will not apologise for who I am or for trying to do my job. It is the nature of my job to upset those who would impede my investigation and sadly it seems as though the delay itself was sufficient to eliminate a line of inquiry. I'd never have dreamed of a day when a Marshal would try to hamper me."

T'risa looked over to Pepper.

"Pepper, our shopping expedition may be cut short. Let's finish up quickly. I intended to treat everyone for lunch as a way for us all to learn a bit more about one another, but as of this moment I have no real appetite....so perhaps on our return?"
Aziza
 player, 36 posts
Sun 23 Mar 2008
at 02:18
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
A chorus of mewling grunts and growls interrupts on the communicator.
"Humans make access hatch too tiny!  Robot, fetch bearing lubricant from locker 5."
Aziza moans and there's a crackling sound over the com.
"Arahn is being enforcer for worthless inferior Pasha clan, muscles to be using violence to achieve Pasha political goals.  He is not working on-station unless there is being other, smarter Pasha holding leash."
Pepper
 NPC, 17 posts
 Cute and harmless
 How can I help You
Sun 23 Mar 2008
at 11:14
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
  Yeah my appitite just died too." Pepper sighed as she watched the security and medical team clearing away the carnage." You guys might want to get to the ship ASAP these sorts have back up most of the time and I have had enough high decibel exposure for one day..."

   With a bright smile she gave T'risa a hugg and a peck on the cheek turned to Balkiir leaned way up and gave him a peck on the cheek, hen with a flourish swooned slapping him playfully on the center of his chest." Tell me you got brothers...

   turning to Leoulin she kissed him playfully and straightened a wisp of hair that had gotten out of place in the jog fro the office." Mister spooky... She smiled and waved to Victor,<blue>" Do me a favor, don't let anyone shoot these guys in the butt."

   " I'll have the goods delivered to the ship, they should be there before they get the Crow prepped for Hyper.

Balkir Kolvul
 player, 12 posts
 Valkiir Male
 Professional bruiser
Sun 23 Mar 2008
at 23:18
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
Balkir watched fairly impassively as the final events unfolded. He wiped his blade off on one of the legs of his pants. He slid it back into its sheath and watched the group disperse and then the Tac-guards arrive. As Pepper approached he smiled. "I got seven brothers, none of 'em measure up to me." he said with a laugh. He looked at the group and puffed on his cigar. "Alright kids, I'll meet ya at the ship, gotta get my personal effects." he said with a smile wave as he turned and headed out.
Victor Grym
 player, 17 posts
 One Shot
 One Kill
Mon 24 Mar 2008
at 00:46
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
He merely shrugged at the other Marshal's display. Finally lowering his weapon to a more relaxed position and thumbing the safety on. He nodded at Pepper's comment before turning sharply on his heel and heading back towards the ship.
Leoulin
 player, 34 posts
 ...AH! What was that...?
 Oh... okay.
Mon 24 Mar 2008
at 13:05
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
Heading to the ship with the others Leo smiled and said, "It's difficult for most people to measure up to you cousin...  See you aboard."

<To the Crow>
T'risa K'mahda
 player, 68 posts
 O'maeda Telepath
 Colonial Marshal
Mon 24 Mar 2008
at 13:56
Re: Nomad 715 CF "Nomad Drift"
T'risa folded her arms across her chest. She didn't have much time, but at least she could supplement her clothing. Time was running short, but she had many advantages that other shoppers did not. She closed her eyes for half a second, blinking them wide open as she headed off into the market.

<to the Crow>

This message was last edited by the player at 13:57, Mon 24 Mar 2008.