Falcon's Hollow.   Posted by DM Doom.Group: archive 1
Naemar Shouren
 player, 187 posts
 What strange wonders
 I find in my travels.
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 20:52
Re: Traveling
Naemar smiled, "Calanthis thinks it may be an option.  I would presume one that might save time is what she seems to be thinking.  I'm looking at our options and seeing what may be required.

"Kobolds are crafty creatures and it would be good to try to catch them before they make their lair.  It is always better to ask the locals then to march blindly ahead.  Hence my queries to you Jeva."


Naemar glances at the receding trail of the Kobolds.  "Unless you know of such a way Jeva then we must push on following the trail we have."
Kilain Gravendak
 player, 34 posts
 2nd Cleric
 The Hammer of Torag
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 07:10
Re: Traveling
Kilain snorts a couple times, then uses one of his fingers to cover his right nostrel. Blowing the contents of his sinuses onto the ground, he repeats the process with his left nostrel, then wipes his nose and moustache with the back of his hand.

"Lets follaw these tracks an' see whaur they're headed, an' hiner we dornt bump intae a fire breathin', flesh eatin' unicorn while we're in thes cabre garden!"
Naemar Shouren
 player, 188 posts
 What strange wonders
 I find in my travels.
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 08:13
Re: Traveling
Naemar arches an eyebrow at Kilian but waits for Jeva to respond.  He was fairly sure that they would be doing as the dwarf suggested...as he had suggested only moments before but he still wished to know what the young girl had to offer.
Jeva
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 17:45
Traveling
"Oh." She says simply and seems to think for a bit. "Well, I've never been this far into the woods before so I don't know too much that can help. I know the river is supposed to go a long way that way to some lake or something but I've never seen it." she frowns and furrows her brow in thought, a rather cute sight, though eventually she slumps with a look that says she's at a loss for coming up with anything useful. "I'm sorry, I don't know anything that can help."
Naemar Shouren
 player, 189 posts
 What strange wonders
 I find in my travels.
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 18:18
Re: Traveling
"That is all right Jeva.  I know you would if you could." Naemar states then turns looking at Amilynn and Calanthis, "Would one of you care to lead on.  It is high time we caught up with the dogmen and sent them yipping off to the Nine Hells."
Calanthis Nightbreeze
 player, 27 posts
Mon 15 Nov 2010
at 17:28
Re: Traveling
"I will get started" says the elven bard, answering the dwarfs almost incomprehensible tongue.

She then assists the party tracker to the best of her ability and moves forward... ever forward.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:24, Tue 16 Nov 2010.

DM Doom
 GM, 564 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Tue 16 Nov 2010
at 12:09
Re: Traveling
PM
[Private to Calanthis Nightbreeze: OOC: no need Calanthis, we have a ranger, her player is just absent for OOC reasons. I'll post later today after I run some errands.]
Amilynn Th'Nilia
 player, 94 posts
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 10:43
Re: Traveling
DM Puppet

"I'm sorry." Amilynn says as she gets up from chatting with Jeva as the party prepares to leave. "Give me a moment." she says a little color in her cheeks as she finds herself a little embarrassed at having been distracted so easily that she lost track of time. She looks around where she last saw the tracks and eventually finds the trail once more and follows it up river. "This way." she says.
DM Doom
 GM, 566 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 10:53
Re: Traveling
As you travel along for the day it is mostly peaceful, save for the occasional cry of some poor forest creature as it gets consumed by some hungry predator ever reminding you that Darkmoon is not the safest place to travel. The relative peace is shattered when you here a large crashing noise and see a large shape in the distance cursing in some tongue while stumbling about the woods uprooting small trees, it hasn't seemed to notice you just yet...



Spoiler for Giant Tongue: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
"No no no... she's gonna murder me and suck my bones dry if I's don't finds it!"

Naemar Shouren
 player, 190 posts
 What strange wonders
 I find in my travels.
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 18:03
Re: Traveling
Naemar's features turned grim as he froze in place.  He had no idea what was being said in the brutish tongue but it sounded upset and the voice seemed to belong to an equally big form.

In a very quiet voice, "Hsst.  Quiet.  Move back slowly and stick to cover.  We back track and go to ground until it moves on."

He motions for the two women to come back and for everyone else to back up.

He waited until the two women were behind him then began backing off himself.

[Private to GM: Can Naemar identity what is before them?]

This message was last edited by the player at 18:09, Wed 17 Nov 2010.

DM Doom
 GM, 567 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 03:39
Re: Traveling
PM

[Private to Naemar Shouren: Looks like a giant of some time too ugly to be an ogre and too large to be giantkin.]
Kilain Gravendak
 player, 35 posts
 2nd Cleric
 The Hammer of Torag
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 20:14
Re: Traveling
Kilain crouches down, and observes the monster.

Squinting through the underbrush, he tries to identify the beast.

"Ah dunnae kinn whit it's sayin'..."He whispers, very quietly to Naemar.

[Private to GM: Kilain tries to determine what kind of giant, ogre, or giantkin it is.]
Naemar Shouren
 player, 191 posts
 What strange wonders
 I find in my travels.
Sun 21 Nov 2010
at 21:34
Re: Traveling
Naemar nods, whispering equally low.  "Neither can I."  He glanced at his companions but they remained silent and non-responsive.
DM Doom
 GM, 571 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Mon 22 Nov 2010
at 16:57
Re: Traveling
The giant stumbles to a stop and punches a nearby tree sending a shower of leaves to the ground as it grumbles further in giant.
[Private to Kilain Gravendak: Hill giant.]
DM Doom
 GM, 572 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Tue 23 Nov 2010
at 15:15
Re: Traveling
Naemar looks back to see how their young ward has reacted and finds the little girl has apparently demonstrated her ability to 'hide good' as she has vanished from site. Amilynn doesn't appear worried enough for her hiding to be anything less than expected though the elf does have her longbow out and ready.

The giant stumbles about a bit seeming, not quite drunk but something close. He grumbles a few choice curses apparently speaking a few words of common given it says something particularly foul about his wife, but doesn't appear to have seen anyone in the group. Eventually he begins to lumber off passing the party by a short distance.
DM Doom
 GM, 577 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Mon 29 Nov 2010
at 19:39
Re: Traveling
The giant continues to grumble and curse but eventually he wanders off stumbling through the forest. Soon you hear his stomps and the breaking of branches fade and are able to relax a moment. Jeva slips out from behind a tree her eyes wide in wonder "What was that?" she asks no one in particular. You are able to continue onward from this point.

OOC: I'll give a day for posting and move things on. From here on out I'll wait about 24 hours before NPCing or moving things onward or whatever is necessary to keep the game going. As usual weekends are off times for me when it comes to RPOL though I'll update when I can.
Kilain Gravendak
 player, 36 posts
 2nd Cleric
 The Hammer of Torag
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 08:13
Re: Traveling
Kilain presses a short, stubby, gauntleted index finger to his lips and whispers "Shhhh..."

"Lit th' big a body pass an' we'll be oan uir way."


He then continues along the route in the company of the party.
Calanthis Nightbreeze
 player, 28 posts
Tue 30 Nov 2010
at 19:50
Re: Traveling
Calanthis follows the dwarf, implicitly trusting his senses, hand on the basket of her rapier.
Naemar Shouren
 player, 193 posts
 What strange wonders
 I find in my travels.
Sat 4 Dec 2010
at 01:50
Re: Traveling
"I am not entirely sure." Naemar replies to Jeva as he begins moving forward again along the trail indicating for the others to follow.
Kilain Gravendak
 player, 37 posts
 2nd Cleric
 The Hammer of Torag
Sat 4 Dec 2010
at 06:56
Re: Traveling
"I'twas a brae giant. Best nae tae tangle wi' sic' a foe. Better still fur a wee lass tae avoid sic' a beest."

Kilian keeps a sharp eye on the surrounding forest, watching for any dangers.
Calanthis Nightbreeze
 player, 29 posts
Sun 5 Dec 2010
at 23:45
Re: Traveling
Calanthis nods her head in agreement with the dwarf. Giants of all types were to be avoided. Especially now that they had a little one present.
DM Doom
 GM, 582 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Wed 8 Dec 2010
at 05:14
Re: Traveling
After you're certain the Giant is gone you continue on for the rest of the day making progress through the thick woods. You camp again to another uneventful night though the sound of wolves howling in the evening causes some a tense watch. Sometimes wolves in Darkmoon Vale have been known to attack without reason, some whisper werewolves, other whisper prompting from the dark druids in the region, either way you all have a mostly restful sleep.

The following day you strike out and not an hour out from the campsite you come across a gruesome sight. The lean body of a half-elf lies strewn between a pair of large oak trees. He's clad in finely crafted studded leather armor and sports a longsword at his hip with a finely carved hilt. He also seems to be missing a portion of his skull as it looks like his brains were bashed in by something blunt and heavy. Beside him lies a bulky sack apparently dropped or released when he fell.
Kilain Gravendak
 player, 38 posts
 2nd Cleric
 The Hammer of Torag
Thu 9 Dec 2010
at 19:52
Re: Traveling
"Weel whit dae we hae haur? looks loch thes laddie feel a fool ay 'at brae giant we saw. whit dae ye make ay thes Calanthis? Naemar?"

Kilain carefully inspects the body without touching it. He then clutches his holy symbol, and waves it in the air over the body, bag, and general area muttering a prayer in Dwarvish to Torag.

[Private to GM: Kilain inspects the body with perception, healing to determine time of death. Cast Detect Magic over the body, bag, and general area.]

[Private to GM: With a Perception roll of 8 and a Healing roll of 25.]

This message was last edited by the player at 21:04, Sat 11 Dec 2010.

DM Doom
 GM, 584 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Sat 11 Dec 2010
at 10:23
Re: Traveling
OOC: If you are making checks and the like please include the rolls. Even if they aren't applicable they make it easier on me when they are. I.E. something like:

Knowledge Nobility Check to see if I recognize the mans crest. Got a 16. Is all I need.

[Private to Kilain Gravendak: The armor and sword are masterwork quality, he has 35 gold pieces in his belt pouch. There is something magical within the bag with an aura of transmutation. ]
Calanthis Nightbreeze
 player, 30 posts
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 20:28
Re: Traveling
"I wonder where he came from" speaks Calanthis out loud while picking up a stick and doing a cursory search.

[Private to GM: Knowledge nobility check: got a 10]