Quest for the Everflame.   Posted by DM Doom.Group: archive 2
Dame Abby Lightfoot
 player, 121 posts
 Who says being good
 can't be fun?
Thu 18 Oct 2012
at 13:28
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Dame Abby winces as the risen corpses claws raked her arm, biting into her flesh.   Adjusting her stance she moved right, and feinted a high slash pulling back at the last minute and slicing across the rib cage section.   The sound of cracking bones filled the air.


09:25, Today: Dame Abby Lightfoot rolled 21 using 1d20+7. attack skeleton that attacked her.
09:25, Today: Dame Abby Lightfoot rolled 8 using 1d8+3. dmg.

DM Doom
 GM, 740 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Fri 9 Nov 2012
at 02:51
Re: Bloody Skeletons
The fight finally seems to turn! Sid gets a stronger grip on her rapier and manages to cut down the skeleton she was facing while Abby shatters her bloody and boney opponent with a strong swing helped by Elyas's distracting poking. Tork tries to batter at the one remaining skeleton before it swings at Elyas but only serves as a distraction. With one remaining the fight might be over soon!


Round 4 Summary:
Elyas     17 Attempts a touch attack on Skeleton 2 but fails. He does grant Abby a flanking bonus.
Sid        9 Attacks skeleton 4, hitting for 5 damage.
Abby       8 Attacks Skeleton 2 and hits for 8 damage.
Skeleton 1 7 Dead again [Private to GM: Fast heal for 1hp]
Skeleton 2 7 Incapacitated [Private to GM: Fast heal for 1hp]
Skeleton 3 7 Moves to attack Elyas but misses [Private to GM: Fast heal for 1hp]
Skeleton 4 7 Incapacitated [Private to GM: Fast heal for 1hp]
Tork       6 Swings his Heavy Mace and misses with a 12.

Round 5
Elyas    17 HP: 13/16
Sid       9
Abby      8 HP: 13/20
Skeletons 7 [Private to GM: (1: -12/5, 2: -3/5, 3: 5/5, 4: 0/5)]
Tork      6 HP: 7/13



OOC: Note on enemy Color Codes.
Green: (or White if I forget) means unharmed.
Yellow means light damage, the first 1/3 of their hp.
<Orange>Orange
means moderate damage, the second 1/3 of their hp.
Red means Heavy damage, in their last 1/3 hp.
Dame Abby Lightfoot
 player, 122 posts
 Who says being good
 can't be fun?
Fri 9 Nov 2012
at 06:26
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Taking advantage of the flanking action, Abby charges forward and swings her mace in a crushing blow towards the remaining skeleton.

It smashes through, hopefull dropping it to the floor.  She stands breathing heavy a moment before checking their injuries.

01:25, Today: Dame Abby Lightfoot rolled 9 using 1d8+3. dmg.
01:25, Today: Dame Abby Lightfoot rolled 18 using 1d20+7. final attack
.
Dame Abby Lightfoot
 player, 123 posts
 Who says being good
 can't be fun?
Fri 9 Nov 2012
at 06:26
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Taking advantage of the flanking action, Abby charges forward and swings her mace in a crushing blow towards the remaining skeleton.

It smashes through, hopefull dropping it to the floor.  She stands breathing heavy a moment before checking their injuries.

01:25, Today: Dame Abby Lightfoot rolled 9 using 1d8+3. dmg.
01:25, Today: Dame Abby Lightfoot rolled 18 using 1d20+7. final attack
.
Elyas
 player, 161 posts
Fri 9 Nov 2012
at 23:56
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Attacked again Elyas stood steadfast under the assault, the undead were abominations which must be released and granted peace. Elyas hands although filled with mystic power failed to grab a hold of the skeleton.

OOC Another miss by Elyas.
00:52, Today: Elyas rolled 6 using 1d20+1. Touch Attack  - Rebuke Death.

Sid Bennette
 player, 170 posts
 Light Infantry
Mon 12 Nov 2012
at 15:19
Re: Bloody Skeletons
If Sid is able, she will move into a position to attack the last skeleton that just missed Elyas.

11:19, Today: Sid Bennette rolled 6 using 1d6+1. Rapier Damage.
11:18, Today: Sid Bennette rolled 21 using 1d20+2. Rapier Attack.
DM Doom
 GM, 741 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Fri 16 Nov 2012
at 10:11
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Between the three of them they are able to pulverize the bones. Though to call the sight of those broken shards weeping blood 'disturbing' would be an understatement. Worse still, the bones continued to move as though struggling vainly to pull themselves back together...

[Private to Elyas: Of course you no the truth. In a matter of hours they will succeed, unless the bones are concecrated with divine energy somehow.]
Elyas
 player, 163 posts
Fri 23 Nov 2012
at 11:05
Re: Bloody Skeletons
The skeletons cast to the ground Elyas did not pause but instead began chanting and circling the corpses in a ritual fashion “bright flames of Sarenrae takes these souls into you embrace. We lay them down for you, may they rest in peace and forever in your forgiving embrace” his hands outstretched he touched each creature with patience and compassion “be reunited with Sarenrae” he beseeched as he touched fingers to the bloody flesh of a cadaver’s skull. He walked on to press a gentle hand on the heart of another “be reunited” he blew air gently through his lips and waved the freed soul upwards with his hands “ascend upon her flames, run straight home to her embrace” he work still not yet done Elyas moved on to another corpse, the power and energy he was used showing on his young face as it grew strained and ashen “end this cycle of living and dying now rise up again this time in peace” he called as he held the skull of another and released his faith and energy to cleanse its taint. Finally and stumbling as he walked Elyas collapsed to kneel beside the last of the fallen warriors “rise up, rise up, be reunited” he called and then sagged downward his chest pounding and his brow sweaty “it is done” he told his companions, a look of elation showing through his exhaustion.

OOC Used 4 of Elyas’s Channel Energy to destroy the undead so they will not rise again. That’s all of Elyas’s power for the day.
DM Doom
 GM, 743 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 09:55
Re: Bloody Skeletons
The gruesome skeletons twitching and persistent bleeding seems to accelerate for a moment as a glow illuminates them emitting the warmth of sunlight before giving a quick and blinding flash. When vision clears the bones were as normal and dry as one might expect for the age of this tomb.
Sid Bennette
 player, 172 posts
 Light Infantry
Sun 25 Nov 2012
at 14:14
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Sid looks around the room to the others with her weapon still drawn out and asks, "Is that it?  Is everyone alright?"
Dame Abby Lightfoot
 player, 124 posts
 Who says being good
 can't be fun?
Mon 26 Nov 2012
at 14:51
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Dame Abby winces, but nods. "I'll live.  I should bind this up, and she points to her side."  Looking at the skeletons. "That was tough, I'm glad they are gone."
Sid Bennette
 player, 173 posts
 Light Infantry
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 00:04
Re: Bloody Skeletons
In reply to Dame Abby Lightfoot (msg # 696):

"I don't have any bandages but, you can have one of my healing potions if you need it r if Elyas is out of spells," Sid offers to the wounded warrior.
Elyas
 player, 164 posts
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 09:39
Re: Bloody Skeletons
“May the light of Sarenrae always shine upon her servants” Elyas said humbly as he stood up and walked over to lay his hands upon Abby and healed the worse of her wounds.

OOC Elyas cast CLW. Healed 5 points for Abby.

10:36, Today: Elyas rolled 5 using 1d8+2. CLW on Abby.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:39, Tue 27 Nov 2012.

Dame Abby Lightfoot
 player, 125 posts
 Who says being good
 can't be fun?
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 18:04
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Abby nods her thanks and looks better, now at 12/20 pts.  "I should be fine for now. That helps. I want to find out who put those foul creatures here."
Elyas
 player, 165 posts
Tue 27 Nov 2012
at 18:52
Re: Bloody Skeletons
“There seems to be some stairs” Elyas pointed them out to Abby “we should explore there. I’ll warn you though that laying to rest the bloody skeletons has reduced what further healing I can offer today”.
Dame Abby Lightfoot
 player, 126 posts
 Who says being good
 can't be fun?
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 04:43
Re: Bloody Skeletons
She nods, "Still, I'd like to see what they were protecting."
Sid Bennette
 player, 174 posts
 Light Infantry
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 09:18
Re: Bloody Skeletons
"Maybe we should rest then?"
Elyas
 player, 166 posts
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 12:15
Re: Bloody Skeletons
“Well we should check where the stairway leads before we can ensure we are safe here” Elyas worried “maybe you could take a look” he laid a hand on Sid’s shoulder “may the blessing of Sarenrae light you path”.

OOC Used Touch of Good on Sid, so she can give herself a +2 bonus on any skill check for the next 3 rounds.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:17, Wed 28 Nov 2012.

Sid Bennette
 player, 175 posts
 Light Infantry
Wed 28 Nov 2012
at 23:12
Re: Bloody Skeletons
In reply to Elyas (msg # 703):

Not expecting to be 'touched' by Elyas, Sid jumps slightly as she feels something that is enhancing her senses and looks back to Elyas & the others, "We should make sure it is clear before we think about resting.  I'll have a look."  Sid will examine the steps before testing her weight on them.  If OK, she will continue up the stairs.  If not clear, she will attempt to find what the issue is.


18:08, Today: Sid Bennette rolled 25 using 1d20+6. Perception Check.

OOC: Didn't add the +2 from Elyas' spell so the total is 27
DM Doom
 GM, 745 posts
 Let's sing the doom song!
Thu 29 Nov 2012
at 10:23
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Sid creeps forward and investigates the stairs and the chamber below. At the bottom of the stairs is a circular chamber with three passageways leading from it. In the center is a small stone pedestal. The sound of dripping water can be heard coming from the eastern passageway, while the stench of rot emanates from the west.

OOC: I'm afraid I'll have to say resting won't help a whole lot. You have more or less just woken up all things considered. Keep going and I'll try and provide you with something to get more out of the day.
[Private to Sid Bennette: You hear a gurgling sound from the Eastern passageway.]
Sid Bennette
 player, 176 posts
 Light Infantry
Thu 29 Nov 2012
at 14:30
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Sid looks back up the steps and signals to her companions to come down and then tapping her ear once and then points in the direction to where she hears the gurgling sounds.
Elyas
 player, 167 posts
Thu 29 Nov 2012
at 17:15
Re: Bloody Skeletons
The all clear given Elyas followed behind Sid along the stairway. Glad that the new chamber lacked any immediate threat Elyas went to examine the stone pedestal. The smell from the west was disturbing and a likely sign that more undead were about. Elyas hoped that the pedestal might give some sign of which passageway to take.
Sid Bennette
 player, 177 posts
 Light Infantry
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 00:39
Re: Bloody Skeletons
In reply to Elyas (msg # 707):

"Elyas! Be careful! There's movement in the eastern chamber," Sid says to the priest in a lowered voice.

OOC: how big are the chambers we're looking at in this room?
Elyas
 player, 168 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 10:08
Re: Bloody Skeletons
“We should begin there then” Elyas whispered back to Sid and headed east so he could look through the doorway from the left-hand side leaving space for Sid to look from the right.
Dame Abby Lightfoot
 player, 127 posts
 Who says being good
 can't be fun?
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 15:24
Re: Bloody Skeletons
Abby brings up the rear, and looks around the small chamber impressed. She makes a face at the western corridor and turns to examine the pedestal with Elyas.   Hearing that there is movement, she nods and slowly draws her blade.