IC7-28.   Posted by DM-Heath.Group: 0
DM-Heath
 GM, 55 posts
Tue 17 Jun 2003
at 07:34
IC7-28
The party opens the double doors and pushes through, leaving the disconcerting sounds of the rolling boulders and shifting floors behind.  You face a long hallway ten feet wide that slopes slightly downward.  In the old dust that has been so common in this abandoned temple, you see tracks.  Joseph identifies them as three orc tracks and one human track.

Sir Floradine is able to open up the portable hole so that Illborn can get in and use the Oracle.
Illborn
 player, 9 posts
Wed 18 Jun 2003
at 01:32
Re: IC7-28
Illborn gets on the Oracle and asks for his question, "If I wish for my legs to be restored, what will be my payment back because of the wish?"
DM-Heath
 GM, 56 posts
Wed 18 Jun 2003
at 03:52
Re: IC7-28
As Illborn sits down and the Oracle encompasses him with the electricity-like light, he asks his question, but the Oracle responds: THE ORACLE CAN ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PAST OR PRESENT.
Illborn
 player, 10 posts
Wed 18 Jun 2003
at 05:04
Re: IC7-28
Wracking his mind for a decent question, Illborn asks, "Oracle, tell me if King Krussak still lives after his recent reported death doing battle with the orcs."
DM-Heath
 GM, 57 posts
Wed 18 Jun 2003
at 08:11
Re: IC7-28
There is a strange, awkward pause.  Then the Oracle answers:  "KING KRUSSAK LIVES AND YET DOES NOT LIVE; HE ENDURES IN AN ALTERED STATE OF EXISTENCE."  Then it booms out:  "ONE DESIRE GRANTED."

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:13, Wed 18 June 2003.

Illborn
 player, 11 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2003
at 05:20
Re: IC7-28
Illborn says, "My request is that my legs be fully restored into their natural position, but that they also be the strongest and fastest human legs on the planet."
DM-Heath
 GM, 58 posts
Thu 19 Jun 2003
at 07:25
Re: IC7-28
"DESIRE GRANTED"

Illborn's legs suddenly return, stronger and faster than ever, and the Oracle releases him from its grasp.  Illborn climbs up out of the portable hole with both legs intact, but he is slightly aged from the experience. (+10 years to age.)
Sir Floradine
 player, 19 posts
 Human Paladin
Fri 20 Jun 2003
at 01:45
Re: IC7-28
Sir Floradine folds up the portable hole, stuffs it in his backpack, and says, "Now that that is taken care of, why don't we move forward and see where Gan has gone off to."

He looks over at Shae one more time.  "If you want, you can use my shield.  I modified so that it is easy to use on the arm without the hand.  But I don't know if you use shields."
Illborn
 player, 12 posts
Fri 20 Jun 2003
at 05:38
Re: IC7-28
Illborn stretches his new legs a minute, smiling.  "They feel great," he says.  Then he takes his place at the rear of the party, ready to move on.
Joseph
 player, 11 posts
Fri 20 Jun 2003
at 14:13
Re: IC7-28
"Do you think Shae might be able to use the Oracle again?" Joseph asks as Sir Floradine begins to fold up the portable hole.
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 23 posts
 Elven Druid
Sat 21 Jun 2003
at 04:50
Re: IC7-28
Shae smiles at Floradine's kind offer, "Thank you Sir Knight, but my Totem forbade me using such an item. The metal of it hampers my connection with the spirits."

Her attention then moves to Joseph, "The Oracle may only be used once. I have used my wish, I may not make another."

She catches them both in a winning smile, "I appreciate your concerns and offer of aid.  You are true friends."

The druid then stands and hefts Shanjalae into her arms with the young elf's arms wrapped around her neck so that she might take a measure of rest whilst they continued on.

"Shall we continue.  Gan, Gillimar and the Orcs get ahead of us."