IC7-32.   Posted by DM-Heath.Group: 0
DM-Heath
 GM, 85 posts
Tue 29 Jul 2003
at 04:24
IC7-32
The party hurriedly follows Floradine up and out of the pyramid and lever room.  As you begin climbing the stairs, a huge explosion seems to rock the mountain as an earthquake-like rumble hits harder than the first time.  Rubble falls from the ceiling and a section of wall collapses nearby.  Meanwhile, lava begins building up in the room below.  You can feel the wave of heat it brings.

As you pull yourselves to your feet, you continue.  In a few moments, you reach the area where the walls shifted and trapped you in the other room where you fought Gan.  After the series of earthquakes, the trap is now left in rubble.  The trap walls have collapsed inward.  You will need to cross the rubble.  At one point, the walls have collapses, forming an upside down V which you will need to squeeze through to get to the otherside.

In the meantime, the rumbling and shaking of the dormant volcano continue as it begins to reawaken.


This message was last edited by the GM at 18:26, Fri 29 Sept 2006.

Sir Floradine
 player, 36 posts
 Human Paladin
Tue 29 Jul 2003
at 05:25
Re: IC7-32
Floradine follows Shae's advice while they stand and stare at the wreckage.  He opens the portable hole and places the orb next to the Oracle.  As he lifts himself back up out of the hole, he says, "I suggest going through first to make sure there are no dangers on the far side.  Then Shanjalae and the rest of you can follow."
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 41 posts
 Elven Druid
Wed 30 Jul 2003
at 04:26
Re: IC7-32
Shae seems relieved when Floradine puts the artifact in the relative safety of the portable hole. She nods in agreement with Floradine's suggestion, urging the knight through and readying Shanjalae to follow, and then herself.

As they pass through the rubble she eyes it uncertainly, ready to drag Shanjalae back out of the way if looks like it will collapse.

"Yet more of my dream vision becomes reality," she mutters darkly as the rumbling of the volcano continues.
Kallad Shadowglenn
 player, 14 posts
Wed 30 Jul 2003
at 07:07
Re: IC7-32
Kallad lets Floradine through first.  Then he follows, helping Shanjalae through with Shae's help.
DM-Heath
 GM, 86 posts
Wed 30 Jul 2003
at 08:44
Re: IC7-32
The party begins making its way through the rubble.  First, Floradine steps through.  The rumbling around you continues...but he makes it through and squeezes through the small opening safely.

Kallad follows...and likewise makes it safely through.

Next comes Shanjalae.  Fierce rumbling sends wood and rubble flying, and dust falls from the ceiling...but the foundations hold, and Shanjalae makes it through safely.

Shae steps through...and another fierce shaking knocks a tile loose from the ceiling...it lands inches from Shae's head.

Next Illborn steps through, his new legs carrying him skillfully through the mess...and nothing happens.

Joseph finally steps through as the volcano continues to reawaken...and just as he steps through, the walls begin to collapse in on themselves...Joseph dives through the last part of the closing barricade...and makes it through, but not before a collapsing rock crushes part of his leg.  (3 hp dmg)

The party continues forward to the room with the giant rolling stones.  The doors lay on their sides, torn off by the fierceness of the awakening volcano.  A heavy mist seaps through.  The visibility is so bad that you can only see about twenty feet through it.  Looking in, you see that a gash in the ceiling nearby is letting water gush in.  It completely fills the first and second gutters that you can see, where the huge round stones now lie dormant.  The floors have also stopped their shifting, locked in place (as shown in the picture).  You can follow a dry path around to the left or walk through the water filled area.  You imagine that it will only be a matter of minutes before the entire room is filling with the water.


This message was last edited by the GM at 08:45, Wed 30 July 2003.

Joseph
 player, 20 posts
Wed 30 Jul 2003
at 13:15
Re: IC7-32
Now limping from the injury to his leg, Joseph calls out, "Stay to the left where it is dry."  The ranger then heads towards the dry path through the room.
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 42 posts
 Elven Druid
Wed 30 Jul 2003
at 13:46
Re: IC7-32
Noting Joseph's limp, Shae hurries after him, stopping him with a hand to his shoulder. She urges the others around the two, before kneeling and praying to her totem, again requesting its divine healing touch upon Joseph's wounds. [Casts Cure Light: Joseph]

"We can't have you slowing us down with that limp can we?" she says to the ranger with a grim smile.  With that she hurries to catch up with Kallad and her sister, taking the latter yet again in her arms for speed of travel and for safety.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:14, Thu 31 July 2003.

Sir Floradine
 player, 37 posts
 Human Paladin
Thu 31 Jul 2003
at 02:53
Re: IC7-32
Floradine sticks his hand in the water to see if it is hot or cold or out of the ordinary in any way.  He holds everyone back until he tests it, telling them that he just wants to take precautions.
DM-Heath
 GM, 87 posts
Thu 31 Jul 2003
at 06:41
Re: IC7-32
Shae heals Joseph with a prayer to her totem spirit.  (5 hp healed).

Floradine dips his left hand into the water.  It is warm to the touch, but that is not what makes him retract the hand almost immediately.  He cries out sharply in pain as his skin begins to burn.  The water has turned extremely acidic and is eating away at the skin.  (4 hp dmg, temporarily unable to use left hand).

Joseph heads toward the left but is a little more cautious when he sees Floradine pull out his damaged hand.