IC7-34.   Posted by DM-Heath.Group: 0
DM-Heath
 GM, 93 posts
Mon 4 Aug 2003
at 04:58
IC7-34
Kallad, Shanjalae, Shae, Joseph, and Floradine stand in the narrow hallway that looks all too familiar.  Behind you, the warmth of the lava in the previous room heats your back as it builds.  Steam leaks out into this hall.

You remember bypassing this hall on your way in, but you remember the incription above the archway at the far end: "The faithful must believe in things not seen and disbelieve things seen."


Shae Shadowglen
 player, 45 posts
 Elven Druid
Mon 4 Aug 2003
at 12:11
Re: IC7-34
"Oh no." Shae pants as she eyes the hallway ahead. "Damn me suggesting using that teleporting staff so much!"

Clearly upset with herself, her expression suddenly clears as she turns to Kallad, "Gan's case full of potions, it may have a refill for the staff. Let us look."
DM-Heath
 GM, 94 posts
Wed 6 Aug 2003
at 03:04
Re: IC7-34
One of the vials does appear to contain liquid the same color as the previous one in the staff.
Sir Floradine
 player, 40 posts
 Human Paladin
Wed 6 Aug 2003
at 04:53
Re: IC7-34
Floradine puts the liquid in the staff and tries to use it again.
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 46 posts
 Elven Druid
Wed 6 Aug 2003
at 12:59
Re: IC7-34
The Druid watches tentatively as Floradine goes about using the staff, quietly murmurring a prayer to her Totem Spirit that it is the right vial.
DM-Heath
 GM, 95 posts
Wed 6 Aug 2003
at 13:55
Re: IC7-34
Floradine puts the liquid in the vial and tries the staff.  It activates, and a portal opens up fifty feet ahead of you...just beyond the narrowed hall.  [Ahhh...thwarted again! :)]

The party steps through the portal and makes its way down the corridor.  You soon make it to the fork in the corridor.  To your right (what used to be the left path), Gillimar's footsteps in the age old dust lead down the hallway as yet unexplored.  In front of you, the main hallway leads back toward the treasury area.

The earthquakes seem to have subsided.  Whether this is a good sign or not, you do not know.
Sir Floradine
 player, 41 posts
 Human Paladin
Thu 7 Aug 2003
at 02:38
Re: IC7-34
"Great idea, Shae," Floradine says.  He looks down the corridor where Gillimar went.  "There's still one more artifact in this temple.  My guess is that we need to go down that way to find it."  If the others agree, he leads them down the corridor, weapon ready, using his two handed sword if his hand is well enough or his mace and shield if not.
Kallad Shadowglenn
 player, 16 posts
Thu 7 Aug 2003
at 03:17
Re: IC7-34
Kallad nods.  "Okay, but let's do it fast.  I don't want to get caught in another lava flow."
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 47 posts
 Elven Druid
Thu 7 Aug 2003
at 07:55
Re: IC7-34
Shae's expression clearly shows her concern about going down the other path.  "The prophecy says that we are not destined to get this artifact, that it will be Gillimar who retrieves it. Also, My healing spells are no more for the day. I would sooner leave, track down Gillimar later and get the artifact from him."
Joseph
 player, 21 posts
Thu 7 Aug 2003
at 14:14
Re: IC7-34
"I think Shae is right" Joseph chimes in.  "We have taken quite a beating today already and without her healing powers we could be in for a lot of problems.  As it is I still hurting pretty bad from all my injuries.  I would suggest that we get out of here and hunt Gillmar down later."
Kallad Shadowglenn
 player, 17 posts
Fri 8 Aug 2003
at 03:47
Re: IC7-34
"There will be no 'later,'" Kallad says, objecting.  "Once this volcano erupts, the entire infrastructure will collapse or be filled with lava.  Gillimar, the artifact, and any chance to find either, will be gone.  Although you may not feel allegiance toward him, Gillimar was for a long time a faithful companion of mine.  I cannot leave him to die in these depths.  I will go alone, if need be.  Shae, you can take Shanjalae back toward the surface."  That said, Kallad begins to follow after Gillimar's footsteps.
Joseph
 player, 22 posts
Fri 8 Aug 2003
at 04:11
Re: IC7-34
"Very well. I will go with you." Joseph comments as he heads out after Kallad.
Sir Floradine
 player, 42 posts
 Human Paladin
Fri 8 Aug 2003
at 04:26
Hesitating
Sir Floradine hesitates a moment, looking between Joseph, Kallad, and Shae.  "We'll be careful, Shae," he says.  "Very careful."  He starts toward Kallad and Joseph but waits to see if Shae follows.  "If you don't want to go with them, I'll follow you and Shanjalae back to the top.  But I remember that we had problems last time we split up.  He is right that Gillimar never actually did anything to hurt us...not that I can think of anyway.  I don't think we should just abandon him."
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 48 posts
 Elven Druid
Fri 8 Aug 2003
at 06:06
Re: Hesitating
"Might I remind you that he cut Nohm's throat whilst he slept?" Shae says, clearly angry with Kallad, "Which makes me wonder what lengths he will go to finish whatever mission it is he on."

Despite her words though, Shae scoops Shanjalae up in her arms and then turns and follows after Kallad. The growl the rumbles in her throat makes you wonder if Bear would be a more suitable totem for her devotion.
Kallad Shadowglenn
 player, 18 posts
Fri 8 Aug 2003
at 08:18
While you were sleeping
"Unfortunately, daughter, you have made too many presumptions.  I authorized Nohm's death, though Gillimar did carry out the act.  Nohm was a liability, a spy, and would have betrayed us all."  He pauses, clearing his throat.  "Likewise, Illborn would have betrayed us.  Now that he is dead I can speak more openly of such things.  His loyalties were divided.  But it was not the Orb or the Placating Figure he lusted after.  He was waiting for the Symbols of Life and Death.  Such power cannot be put into the hands of a doctor with divided loyalties."

Stepping forward, he says offhand, "Besides, I am thinking now that the volcano will not erupt until both artifacts are removed.  Remember how the saying goes: 'From within will arise the one who is living the second life, to take the stone from its nest by invoking the words of power, each in turn. Then the eye’s fury will not relent, and the sky will turn black as night.'  We must have both artifacts.  At the Gathering, when 'ten become one,' all artifacts must be present.  That is more important than the lives of any of us."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:19, Fri 08 Aug 2003.