IC7-36.   Posted by DM-Heath.Group: 0
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 68 posts
 Elven Druid
Wed 27 Aug 2003
at 04:31
Re: IC7-36
Shae moves to retrieve the canopic jars putting them in the portable hole for safekeeping. As the others examine the coffin she moves to be with Shanjalae, holding the younger elf close as if by her touch she can stop the pain.

"It will soon be over," she says to her sister as her golden gaze shifts to watch Garanon, "Very soon."
Rathyl
 player, 3 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2003
at 05:16
Re: IC7-36
Rathyl enters the room but keeps his distance from the various coffins, alters, and doors.  Staring at Shanjalae while she speaks, he draws both blades.  Darting glares around the chamber, Rathyl holds his swords out and waits.
Shae Shadowglen
 player, 69 posts
 Elven Druid
Wed 27 Aug 2003
at 05:39
Re: IC7-36
The druids eyes are diverted from Garanon when Rathyl enters the room, drawing his swords and taking on a combat stance.

For long minutes she openly appraises him, her golden gaze disconcerting with its intensity.  The silence is finally broken when she asks, “Who are you Rathyl, of what family lineage do you descend?”
Sir Floradine
 player, 56 posts
 Human Paladin
Wed 27 Aug 2003
at 06:38
Re: IC7-36
Floradine, who currently holds the portable hole, is reluctant to put the jars inside.  "I think we might need to be healed.  Let's get a status check from everyone to make sure, especially if a fight is to ensue here."
Rathyl
 player, 4 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2003
at 09:03
Re: IC7-36
With a quick glare at the elf woman, Rathyl says, "That's not really important at the moment.  Maybe you should worry about who He is and why He's coming."  Snorting, Rathyl goes back to trying to watching everything at once.
Joseph
 player, 28 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2003
at 18:05
Re: IC7-36
Joseph is not sure what to make of this room.  Used to a life in the forest, the ranger feels out of place in this dungeon-like atmosphere.

At Floradine's question regarding injuries Joseph responds, "I am pretty badly hurt right now.  I have several wounds that continue to bleed through the bandages and I do not think that I would be able to last half as long in a fight as I normally would."

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:31, Thu 28 Aug 2003.

DM-Heath
 GM, 109 posts
Wed 27 Aug 2003
at 22:30
Re: IC7-36
Health status check:

Joseph:  Just less than half strength
Kallad:  Just less than half strength
Rathyl:  Full strength
Shae:  Just over half strength
Shanjalae:  Full strength
Floradine:  Just over half strength
Garanon:  At about 1/4 strength

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:34, Thu 28 Aug 2003.

Shanjalae
 player, 12 posts
Thu 28 Aug 2003
at 04:18
Re: IC7-36
Shanjalae moves away from the hall of the dead to the far side of the coffin and stands near Garanon, just under the sceptre-wielding corpse.
DM-Heath
 GM, 110 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 04:14
Re: IC7-36
As Floradine looks at the jars, he notices ancient writing inscribed on them, now covered in the dust of a millenium. [Clarification:  there are a total of four canopic jars intact.]

Garanon and Shanjalae discover a plaque at the base of the corpse's feet.  Garanon wipes away the dust and finds an inscription on it.

All inscriptions are written in Allevian.

Another earthquake-like tremor rocks the mountain.  This one is heavier than the the previous one.  One of the previous broken jars falls from its perch to the ground and shatters.  You see now how the other jars must have broken, not necessarily from age, but instead from the recent tremors of the reawakening volcano.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:17, Fri 29 Aug 2003.

Shae Shadowglen
 player, 70 posts
 Elven Druid
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 04:28
Re: IC7-36
"He Comes!" Shae glowers back at the arrogant Rathyl, pointing at Garanon with her stump, "The man that will fulfill this part of the prophecy and cause this volcano to erupt."

As an after thought she mutters, "If I survive this, I'm going back to the Leslorlen." The look in her eyes shows there is no jest behind the statement.

Dismissing Rathyl she turns to Kallad, "Father can you please translate the Allevian on the plaque and the canopic jars. Its best to be sure they will heal us." She moves to hold one of the jars, so it won't be lost to the tremors.
Sir Floradine
 player, 57 posts
 Human Paladin
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 04:42
Re: IC7-36
"And I will go with you," Floradine says to Shae.  "Together we must find the queen, your mother, and save her from whatever prison holds her."
DM-Heath
 GM, 111 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 05:04
Re: IC7-36
Looking at the four jars, you see that each has indentations in the outline of a hand, similar to the statue in the treasure room where you put your hands in the grooves and answered the riddle.

The first jar is squat and round.  It has the following inscription:

Strong as seven men.
Tall as seven men.
Yet seven men can not stand it on end.

The second jar is smaller and ovoid shaped.  Its inscription states:

No flesh, no feathers,
No scales, no bone.
Yet fingers and thumbs,
They have of their own.

The third is a larger jar, square shaped and knee high, with curved outer edges.  On it is inscribed:

Two brothers with great burden
And by thus bitterly pressed.
In truth can they say
They are full all the day
But empty go to their rest.

The fourth is a small jar the size of a vase.  Its inscription was vary shallowly carved and is now unreadable.  However, there is a long crack coming down from the stopper, and you can see a blue luminescent fluid within.
Shanjalae
 player, 13 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 05:06
Re: IC7-36
Shanjalae from her vantage point on the far side of the coffin, stares down toward the party and the door from which you entered.  Garanon still stands next to her.  She begins to shake slightly, a hand held to her head.  "He comes," she repeats, obviously not staring at Garanon or concerned about his presence next to her.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:07, Fri 29 Aug 2003.

Rathyl
 player, 5 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 05:37
Re: IC7-36
Rathyl casts a worried glance at Shae.  "What prophecy?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:39, Fri 29 Aug 2003.

Shae Shadowglen
 player, 71 posts
 Elven Druid
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 10:11
Re: IC7-36
At Floradine's words the druidess' looks up from examining the cracked jar her face a mask of guilt. A wane smile crosses her lips as she stares at the Knight, conspicously quiet, before her gaze drops away and shifts to Rathyl.

"One of many prophecies that are part and parcel of the Xren Codex and the Allevian Annals." she says in a weary tone, "Or perhaps it was one of the hieroglyphic prophecies written on this temple's very walls.  I can't really recall. I've seen and learnt so much in this past year its hard to place it all sometimes."

Giving a small sigh she turns back to examining the canopic jar, shaking and tapping at it so that some of the blue liquid within spills out onto the stump of her arm.

"I think the answer to the last riddle is the Sun and Moon. They are brothers within the sky, forever full, despite how we might see them. However, I've never been good with riddles, so I may be wrong."

"Garanon." she continues suddenly changing subject, though she does not look up from the Jar, "I think you should hurry with obtaining the Artefact. It would seem that Shanjalae senses Bezbelath's approach.  I would much rather face an erupting volanco than him, from what I've heard."
Garanon
 player, 12 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 11:15
Re: IC7-36
Garanon waves his hands in front of his face.  "I'm not touching that thing.  You heard the prophecy.  Only the one with the second life can touch the artifact.  To all else it will be death.  I may have faked death, but I haven't ever died, and I surely don't have any second life."  He steps carefully away with a frightened look at the corpse holding the statue.  "He probably died trying to touch the thing."
DM-Heath
 GM, 112 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 11:21
Re: IC7-36
Shae pours the liquid over her stump.  Although her hand does not grow back, the few teaspoons poured on her body rejuvenates her.  [+4 hp.  Note there are a total of four cups of the potion in the container.  Each cup poured over wounds heals 4d6 hp.  You can pour it in as little as 1/4 cup portions.]

A sudden crashing sound from behind jars you, and you jump at the sudden noise.  You instantly recognize the sound as the crashing of the iron cages as they slam into the ground in the previous room.  Shanjalae was right.  Something is approaching.
Shanjalae
 player, 14 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 11:24
Re: IC7-36
Realizing what she must do, Shanjalae steps forward, reaches for the scepter, and says, "Arigalm, Bartigalm, Marigalm," while taking the sceptre from the corpse's hands.
DM-Heath
 GM, 113 posts
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 11:28
Re: IC7-36
Eerily, the corpse's hands open voluntarily as though still alive, and the sceptre falls into Shanjalae's hands.  She jumps back as the corpse begins to move!

Behind you, the door on the far side of the hall of the dead is opening with a loud creak.  Something is definitely coming.  You hear footsteps approaching from around the corner.

The corpse moves toward Shanjalae, then crumbles and falls on top of the old stone coffin.  It was only your imagination that it was coming to life, yet with Shae's prediction of who approaches, you cannot forget who holds the Symbols of Shi'iki and Ikishi...as he approaches through a hall of bones.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:53, Fri 29 Aug 2003.

Shae Shadowglen
 player, 72 posts
 Elven Druid
Fri 29 Aug 2003
at 14:34
Re: IC7-36
"Of course, how foolish of me!" Shae exclaims her eyes focussing on Shanjalae, "It was you that the prophecy spoke of, how could I have missed it!"

With sudden urgency she quaffs a mouthful of the healing liquid before quickly passing it to Floradine, "Quickly, heal yourself and pass the jar along. We will need all our strength and defences to win this fight."

So that she can see the approaching evil she turns to face the door, though she does not wait for Bezbalath's arrival quietly.  Instead she quickly retrieves a large piece of oak bark from the folds in her sash and quickly launches into a prayer to her totem.

As she chants she crushes the bark in her hands, sprinkling its fibres across the skin on her bare arms and legs. As her prayer continues her skin seems to take on the consistency of tree bark, her golden eyes shining as her god grants her spell.
Sir Floradine
 player, 58 posts
 Human Paladin
Sat 30 Aug 2003
at 05:01
Re: IC7-36
Floradine quickly pours some of the fluid on his wounds and hands it to Kallad and Joseph since Garanon is too far away at the moment.\

He steps in front of the archway, motioning for eveyone else to step out of sight.  Then he raises his two handed sword, ready to fight, but when the figure steps into view, he will say, "Halt!  Who goes there?"
Garanon
 player, 13 posts
Sun 31 Aug 2003
at 04:17
Re: IC7-36
Garanon looks longingly for a moment at the healing liquid.  Then he looks over at Shanjalae and tries to push her down behind the stone coffin.  "Keep out of sight," he orders.  "And keep that artifact well hidden back here."

Then he runs forward to the others to pour the healing liquid on himself.
Kallad Shadowglenn
 player, 23 posts
Mon 1 Sep 2003
at 09:45
Re: IC7-36
Kallad quickly pours the healing liquid on himself and then hands it to Garanon for the same treatment.
Joseph
 player, 29 posts
Mon 1 Sep 2003
at 18:29
Re: IC7-36
Joseph takes the healing liquid and uses it on his wounds.  Once that is done he passes it on and moves to a position behind the coffin and un-shoulders his bow and prepares for what may come.
Rathyl
 player, 6 posts
Tue 2 Sep 2003
at 16:29
Re: IC7-36
Rathyl's mouth and nose begin to bulge and darken.  His armor and cloak begin turning brown and becoming furry.  Arms, legs, and torso begin to grow and thicken.  A minute later an adult brown bear stands on his hind legs where Rathyl once stood.