008a = Dolganswash =   Posted by DM - Jeff.Group: archive 0
Umfrey
 player, 57 posts
Fri 26 Dec 2008
at 08:03
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Without affirmation from Kastus about any forthcoming ale the dwarf made a harrumph sound and shook his head. Umfrey sensed he would receive little welcome or hospitality here. Maybe he had passed by Dolganwash previously whilst mindless with drink.

Ciara’s smile lightened his mood however. At least his present companions still viewed him as a worthy associate. If his pay would be only ale it was better than he had been paid in a long time. Umfrey couldn’t recall the last time he had received payment for honest work. It gave him a good feeling in his belly which he rubbed vigorously ”sumthing ta eat too” he returned the bard’s grin with one of his own as he followed the wagon into the keep. The better he felt about himself the need for drink lessened but his appetite remained.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:04, Fri 26 Dec 2008.

Aldo Rathmus
 player, 81 posts
 Human Fighter
 played by: Mark
Sun 28 Dec 2008
at 14:12
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Rath accepts his pay, counts it immediately, and seems satisfied. He mutters something about getting less for worse and stuffs the coins into a pouch at his belt. He looks from Sigismund to Ciara and back again, clearly wanting to be released to take some ale himself, if Sigismund doesn't need him.
Carlo
 player, 138 posts
Tue 30 Dec 2008
at 11:42
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Carlo introduces himself to Sir Evan as a priest of Jergal, though he does so in something of a roundabout way. "I have come west from the Dalelands", he tells the commander, "and I have news which may be of some import. As a foreigner, of course, I know no-one here so no-one will give me much heed. But perhaops you would indulge me by conversing with me once your duties here are finished?"
Ciara Tavares
 player, 117 posts
 Play for me
 minstrel play
Thu 8 Jan 2009
at 11:48
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
"I think it won't hurt paying for your meal today", Ciara says to Umfrey. "You helped us during the attack. So that's the least I can do." And maybe there'll be an opportunity to earn some copper coins later. At least if they decided to stay for a while.
Umfrey
 player, 61 posts
Thu 8 Jan 2009
at 13:05
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =

Umfrey scratched at his beard. It was good to be in such company. For the first time in a while he looked down at his own appearance with a critical eye. He looked destitute. Maybe once he’d filled his belly he’d spend some of those coppers he earned on some new clothes. With a cheery grin he winked at Ciara ”that’ll be most generous of you, you is surely a lady” a dwarf at heart Umfrey could easily see a good thing when it presented itself. If the food and wine continued to be as free flowing as it had been over the last day he would be able kept out of trouble, he had even managed to make some money too!
Sigismund Rider
 player, 77 posts
 Torm wills it!
Thu 8 Jan 2009
at 17:02
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
"Well met Sir Evan. I'll drop the items off at the garrison." Sigismund still has questions for the knight, but he notices Rath seeming somewhat impatient at the gate. "Why don't you go on ahead, I'll be right with you. Oh," he adds with a grin, "and you could order me something warm to eat if you'd be so kind."

With that he turns back to Sir Evan. "Might it be possible to find out if the men who were with us really were Purple Dragon Knights once or stole the equipment?"
Aldo Rathmus
 player, 83 posts
 Human Fighter
 played by: Mark
Fri 9 Jan 2009
at 14:13
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Rath nods emphatically to Sigismund and shuffles off to find food and drink. He glances once furtively over his shoulder, as if expecting to be called back. Being among so many Dragons has made him a bit tense. He scratches his unshaven chin and neck and follows Ciara and the dwarf toward the tavern.
Ciara Tavares
 player, 119 posts
 Play for me
 minstrel play
Sat 10 Jan 2009
at 08:10
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
"I do my best", Ciara replies to Umfrey with a wink and heads for the tavern after a nod to Sigismund. She's eager to get into a warm room. The cold is not good for a bard, cold fingers are slow and slow fingers don't make good music.
DM - Jeff
 GM, 303 posts
Sat 10 Jan 2009
at 22:37
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    "My duties won't be finishing any time soon."  Sir Evan says in response to Carlo.  "If I have anything to do with it."  He jests with a wink.  "If your news truly is of import to me then perhaps it is my duty, especially if it concerns Cormyr or this outpost.  And if that is the case, there is no need to beat around the bush, is there?"

    He then responds to Sigismund. "Will be hard to tell if they were once Purple Dragons but I would like to think not.  Perhaps by examining their gear we will know better."

--

    The wagons and the rest of the group move past the gates, the two gaurds nod as they go by without even a scrutinizing glance.  As most head for the Tavern (Inn) Durl stays with the mess wagon and starts gathering up the gear to see what he may fetch at the trading post.



[Private to Carlo: Sense Motive:  Sir Evan seems genuine enough.]
I'll start another thread for the Inn soon.
Carlo
 player, 144 posts
Sun 11 Jan 2009
at 12:03
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Once the bustle has died down a bit, Carlo finds himself somewhere to sit, telling the others he'll catch up with them, then reveals to Sir Evan his concerns for the King's safety, taking care to skirt around some of the details which might seem particularly fanciful, such as the nature of the Soul Sphere.

He does try to let the man know that it might be worthwhile trying to get a word to the king to be especially wary of efforts to let the man, but is well aware that he is a foreigner here talking of strange dreams.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:19, Tue 13 Jan 2009.

DM - Jeff
 GM, 307 posts
Tue 13 Jan 2009
at 21:50
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    Sir Evan listens to Carlo's tale of the kings danger with mild interest.  "I appreciate your concern for our King stranger, but if we jumped to his protection for every bad dream from every passerby he would never leave his bedchamber."  He eyes Carlo's holy symbol with suspicion. "Still, I suppose we should make a report of this.  If you were to provide some proof that these events you speak of are true, something to confirm your vision, perhaps this could warrant more concern.  Before you leave here stop by the garrison and fill out a detailed report."

--

    Kastus remains with the wagons, allowing Emmet to fill him in on the details of the evening.  Brimzanzle seemed hesitant to leave Sir Evan, but seems to want to make sure his wagon is in good hands first.

[Private to Carlo:
At your leisure please PM me the details of what the report would include, which facts it includes may be important... You can just cut and paste from the game threads if you want.
]
Sigismund Rider
 player, 78 posts
 Torm wills it!
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 21:06
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Sigismund nods and goes to fetch the Dragon's equipment. Seeing Carlo talk with Sir Evan, he just silently indicates he'll settle it at the garrison and walks over there, Jisk in tow. Once there he asks around until he has found the right man to give the equipment to and asks about whether the former owners of the items can be identified. After that is settled, he will see that Jisk is taken care of before joining the others in the inn.

[Private to GM: I hope it's alright to take care of this in such a short way, so Sigi can get to the inn, too.]
DM - Jeff
 GM, 310 posts
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 21:25
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    The Purple Dragon's gear was stashed in the mess wagon along with the other spoils from the night before.  Durl has removed most of the items intended for sale at the trading post and was last seen heading in that direction, the rest of the group is at the Inn.  Sigismund approaches the wagon to gather the gear.
[Private to Sigismund Rider:
Sigismund quickly finds the two Purple Dragon shields but he isn't able to locate the tabards.

OOC- I'm all for moving along quickly, but I assume that Sigismund would want to return all of the Purple Dragon items and some seem to be missing.
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:31, Wed 14 Jan 2009.

Sigismund Rider
 player, 82 posts
 Torm wills it!
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 21:57
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Sigismund frowns as he looks through the gear of the Dragons and checks again, just to make sure that he hasn't missed anything. Gathering everything that is there he joins Emmet and Kastus. "I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I need a short word with Emmet." Turning to the man, he asks: "Do you know if anyone has been at the Dragons things since we loaded them into the wagon?"

[Private to GM: I did check that Rath loaded them and Sigi "looked over at the uniforms". So I assume they were put on the wagon then, right?

I assume neither the crossbows nor the breastplate were marked as Purple Dragon equipment?
]
DM - Jeff
 GM, 313 posts
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 22:41
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    "Not that I noticed."  Emmet says.  "I saw Rath load them up, and we were on the move after that... just that short stop to check out the horse tracks.  No ones been back there except Durl, to gather the spoils from last night.  Something wrong?"

[Private to Sigismund Rider: Sigismund did witness them being loaded onto the wagon. Your assumption is correct, the other items did not contain any Purple Dragon markings.]
Sigismund Rider
 player, 83 posts
 Torm wills it!
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 23:24
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Sigismund's expression darkens as he remembers the conversation from the morning. He shakes his head and answers darkly: "We shall see." Still carrying the shields the paladin heads for the trading post.
DM - Jeff
 GM, 317 posts
Fri 16 Jan 2009
at 22:39
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    In the yard, Brimzanzle can be seen dealing with one of the local smiths before heading back to the front gate to have a word with Sir Evan.
DM - Jeff
 GM, 321 posts
Wed 28 Jan 2009
at 23:34
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    "Again sir."  Sir Even says to Brimzanzle as Ciara comes within earshot.  "There isn't much I can do about it here, it seems your merchandise has already moved into the pass.  Fill out a report and we'll send the information out with our next courier."

    "Hmmmf.  Very well then."  Brimzanzle says deafeated.

    "Everything is a report with these people."  The gnome says to Ciara as she approaches.
Ciara Tavares
 player, 128 posts
 Play for me
 minstrel play
Thu 29 Jan 2009
at 06:35
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Ciara shrugs. "At least I trust them to get things done", she replies quietly with a wry smile. "And you have us to get your chest back. Don't worry." She makes a short pause, trying to judge the gnomes mood. "They have very good stew here. Though I doubt that it'll take your mind off things it's certainly good enough to get warm again after this night."
DM - Jeff
 GM, 324 posts
Thu 29 Jan 2009
at 23:26
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    "I suppose."  Brimzanzle says regarding trusting the Purple Dragons.  "But I can't think about food right now.  Maybe once I fill out their report I'll have a bit to eat.  I just feel it slipping further and further away with each passing moment."

    He starts to head toward the Purple Dragon garrison.
Ciara Tavares
 player, 129 posts
 Play for me
 minstrel play
Fri 30 Jan 2009
at 06:34
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
"Maybe you're right. See you later, then. If you need any help convincing the guards here to treat your report with more priority, I could give it a try. Just ask., if necessary." Ciara watches Brimzanzle walk over to the garrison, then turns and walks around a bit before returning to the inn.
The cold air helps her thoughts getting clearer, but sadly doesn't help solving the problem at hand. What are Mikale and his friends up to exactly? Will they try something right here, by daylight, or will they wait for the night?
DM - Jeff
 GM, 327 posts
Sat 31 Jan 2009
at 02:23
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    "I don't have much confidence either way, but thank you for the offer."  Brimzanzle says to her as he leaves.

    "Looks like we have more visitors."  The elf at the front gate says pointing east along the road.

    Two wagons are approaching, the distance makes it difficult to make out much more.  It looks like it will arrive within the hour.
Ciara Tavares
 player, 131 posts
 Play for me
 minstrel play
Sat 31 Jan 2009
at 09:07
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
Ciara takes a quick look out of the gate at the approaching wagons. Strange that they travel in such a small group. Two wagons would be a fine target for almost any group of bandits.
With a small sigh Ciara turns and head back to the inn.
DM - Jeff
 GM, 331 posts
Fri 6 Feb 2009
at 00:29
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
    "Ah thank you very much."  The soldier says to Sigismund as he returns the items to the garrison.  "Sir Evan said you would be dropping these off, I had already prepared the report and Mister Brimzanzle hear has filled out most of it already.  Just check it over and add any details he may have missed and we'll keep an eye out for these men."

    Brimzanzle has been pretty thorough with his description of the events though his descriptions of the men are a little off and paints them a bit more evil then they may have been.



[OOC] No need to play this out unless you want to.  Just a general intention to the the report is necessary, and you can move on with the rest of the group.
Sigismund Rider
 player, 91 posts
 Torm wills it!
Fri 6 Feb 2009
at 21:03
Re: 008 = Dolganswash =
"I'll have a look at it," Sigismund assures the soldier and reads the report. When he is finished he adds his own recollection of the men to the report and puts their actions a little better into perspective. He does not sugarcoat what happened, but he can't just let it stand as it is. Once that his done he takes his leave of the soldier and finally heads over to the inn, seeing first to some fodder for Jisk before going in.

To Dolgan's Inn