008b = Dolgan's Inn =   Posted by DM - Jeff.Group: archive 0
DM - Jeff
 GM, 334 posts
Sat 7 Feb 2009
at 23:47
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
    "It's not likely those Orcs will be within a days haul of here." Kastus says in response to Rath.  "We should be able to scare off or handle anything smaller that comes by."

    Kastus offers a nod to Umfrey.  "Very well then."
Durl Rockfist
 player, 92 posts
Sun 8 Feb 2009
at 02:48
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Durl gave Umfrey a nod as he replied that he would join to guard the caravan. "Good, then I'm for a drink and a meal first."

The dwarf walked further into the Inn to find a seat with the others. The table with Aldo, Carlo, Ciara, and Sigismund was crowded. Durl turned and found another empty table behind Sigismund. "Give me two mugs of ale. Fill a small jug if ye has one. I'd like ta take a jug with me on the road. Give me some baked bread, cheese and some of that stew I smell coming from the kitchen."
Durl Rockfist
 player, 94 posts
Sun 8 Feb 2009
at 02:58
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Durl drank the first mug of ale in its entirety before he pulled out a small sack of coins. He sorted them out in small piles at his table.

"I've got a few coins here for all of ye." Durl called over his shoulder to the other companions. "I went ahead and sold most of the stuff we found earlier."

"This is yer cut."
As each of his companions came up to the table, Durl pushed a small pile of coins in their direction.




See msg #17
link to a message in this game

NOTE: Durl did claim 2 CP. Don't know who else might have noticed that he took an extra 2CP ... Well Sigismund may have noticed :)

Hopefully, we're done with all the loot splitting and the RP needed.

Umfrey
 player, 72 posts
Sun 8 Feb 2009
at 09:27
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Umfrey took both the offered ale and coins. He was quieter now. He drank his ale more conservatively than his last, rather than finish it in nearly one mouthful it took at least a few to drain his mug. Knowing that they would return to the road soon enough the dwarf made sure he enjoyed the chance to rest. He retrieved his pipe again, now empty. He tapped it on the table ”any pipeweed?” he enquired of his companions.
Ciara Tavares
 player, 137 posts
 Play for me
 minstrel play
Sun 8 Feb 2009
at 13:48
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
"I hope the orcs will stay away from the caravan", Ciara says thoughtfully. I wonder if Sigismund knows some more about Mikales route. Or Carlo. But right now is not the time to ask.

"Thank you, Durl." She takes her share of the coins and then shakes her head to Umfreys question.
Aldo Rathmus
 player, 91 posts
 Human Fighter
 played by: Mark
Mon 9 Feb 2009
at 05:55
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Rath quickly rakes in his take from Durl's piles, making a quick count. He shrugs, quite satisfied. With some reluctance, he pulls on his boots and begins lacing them up again in preparation for the upcoming journey. Smack into an orc-infested pass.  Well, if that proves as lucrative as his last few days, it would be worth it.
Carlo
 player, 159 posts
Mon 9 Feb 2009
at 10:17
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Carlo is fairly quiet. He seems a bit edgy with the latest plan but doesn't appear to have a better one up his sleeve, so he takes the coins and remains quiet.
DM - Jeff
 GM, 335 posts
Wed 11 Feb 2009
at 09:16
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
    "Coming right up."  The barmaid says to Durl.  She returns shortly, serving Durl, Sigismund and anyone else interested in further food and drink.

--

    "Now I have to rebandage this... hope you're satisfied."  Aaron grumbles trying to re adjust his bandages after lifting them up, he decides to finish his stew for now.
Sigismund Rider
 player, 93 posts
 Torm wills it!
Wed 11 Feb 2009
at 12:33
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Sigismund collects his part of the share with a curt nod and thanks the barmaid for the food. He has followed the conversation, but what he can gather about the situation is still somewhat incomplete. "Could someone fill me in what all this talk about orcs is about?"
DM - Jeff
 GM, 336 posts
Wed 11 Feb 2009
at 20:01
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
    Kastus fills Sigismund and Durl in on most of the details, and even though he wasn't present when the group was talking to Aaron it appears that he knows most of the details of Aaron's encounter and describes those as well.

    "I had talked to Aaron briefly yesterday, before the caravan arrived."  He explains indicating toward the injured man.  He had left the caravan quite early the day before, even before the young goblin dropped from the sky, to secure the caravan's arrival at the outpost.

[Private to Durl Rockfist; Sigismund Rider: Consider yourselves caught up with all the info on the Orcs, aside from Carlo's suspicion that it is all a fraud, aside from Aaron's comment and anything the other party members might have said in your presence.  I'll assume you were keeping up with the thread, if not let me know and I'll elaborate.]
Aldo Rathmus
 player, 92 posts
 Human Fighter
 played by: Mark
Thu 12 Feb 2009
at 01:41
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
"Course, rumor has it the orcs are in cahoots with the Dragons and we're all doomed," Rath adds.
Durl Rockfist
 player, 95 posts
Thu 12 Feb 2009
at 06:24
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
"Well the wounds look real enough." Durl motioned to Carlo. "Why donna ye offer ta heal the man."

"T'would be the generous thing ta do."

Umfrey
 player, 73 posts
Thu 12 Feb 2009
at 16:12
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
With no offer of anything further to smoke Umfrey packed away his pipe and moaned quietly into his beard something about manlings and them not knowing anything about the finer things in life. Knowing it wouldn’t be long until they were asked to return to the road Umfrey asked after the important things in life ”cousin” the dwarf addressed his companion Durl ”did ye get some more ale fer tonight when you were at the trading post?”
Carlo
 player, 160 posts
Thu 12 Feb 2009
at 16:50
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
"I already offered once," Carlo replies to Durl, coldly and loud enough for Aaron to hear, "and I have but minor healing left after last night's exertions. Your friend is welcome to what little I can do."
Sigismund Rider
 player, 94 posts
 Torm wills it!
Tue 17 Feb 2009
at 09:22
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Sigismund listens to Kastus' explanations, quietly eating his stew in the meantime, nodding from time to time. He raises a slightly confused eyebrow at Rath's comment, not sure if he should take it seriously or not. Glancing over at the exchange between Durl and Carlo he considers briefly to offer help himself - but remembering the small progress he made during his training he thinks better of it.
Durl Rockfist
 player, 96 posts
Wed 18 Feb 2009
at 03:43
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
"Well maybe he didn't know that ye be a priest that can heal him." Durl replied.

The dwarf paused as he looked at Carlo. Durl continued to stare at Carlo, first closing one eye and then the other. "No offense. But perhaps the good man thought that ye were going to say his last rites."

"How many commonfolk do ye think knows that a priest of Jergal can heal."




Just for reference Link back to this game
Umfrey
 player, 74 posts
Wed 18 Feb 2009
at 08:31
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =

Umfrey took Durl’s failure to answer his question as a negative. It would mean that to get a drink tonight they would have to make sure they caught up with the rest of the caravan. The small dwarf stood up and brushed himself down ”do ya think we should get back on the road, it’ll be safer if we can reach the others before nightfall?”
Carlo
 player, 161 posts
Wed 18 Feb 2009
at 13:33
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
"Ah," says the priest, looking at his robes as his face flushes, "Been too long in my books."

After a few moments, he addresses the injured man once again, "Master Aaron, despite my appearance, I am a healer. I can offer you but a little of my god's blessing as I have already asked much today. Beyond that, if you would allow me, my hands are not unskilled."
Ciara Tavares
 player, 139 posts
 Play for me
 minstrel play
Wed 18 Feb 2009
at 13:36
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Ciara nods to Umfrey. "It'll be much safer to join the others, with the orcs and the thieves running around in the pass." She takes another sip of her ale. So much for a night in a warm bed.
Durl Rockfist
 player, 97 posts
Thu 19 Feb 2009
at 06:52
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Umfrey:
Umfrey took Durl’s failure to answer his question as a negative. It would mean that to get a drink tonight they would have to make sure they caught up with the rest of the caravan. The small dwarf stood up and brushed himself down ”do ya think we should get back on the road, it’ll be safer if we can reach the others before nightfall?”


"Just give me a moment ta get me jug." <See msg 46 of this thread>

Durl smiled at the waitress as she brought his lunch. He gave Umfrey a smile as he patted the jug of ale. "Gots me something ta keep the chill out at night."

The dwarf stood up as he packed his lunch for the road. "We best git going. Otherwise, we won't be gitting a hot meal this evening."
Aldo Rathmus
 player, 94 posts
 Human Fighter
 played by: Mark
Thu 19 Feb 2009
at 23:54
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
At that, Rath gathers up something for Sigismund to eat, as well. He checks his gear to assure himself that he has everything he came in with. Although not particularly eager, he is ready to leave.
DM - Jeff
 GM, 339 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2009
at 05:39
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
    "Thank you."  Aaron says to Carlo, accepting the healing he offers.  "I suppose we are all a bit suspicious.  I'm not used to having healing offered for free."  The healing Carlo offers doesn't do much but it does manage to seal up one of Aarons more serious wounds which should prevent it from bleeding.

--

    "Indeed."  Kastus says at the mention of heading back to the road.  "The repairs should be made by now, finish up your business here and we should be off."
Carlo
 player, 164 posts
Fri 27 Feb 2009
at 11:14
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Carlo offers his own apologies to Aaron, both for his suspicion and for being unable to do more. "I hope when we meet again, we are both a little more cheerful," he says with a wry smile.

He gets up and refolds the front of his robes, which have ridden up his shoulders, and indicates that he is ready to leave.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:48, Sun 01 Mar 2009.

Umfrey
 player, 75 posts
Sat 28 Feb 2009
at 09:57
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
Umfrey nodded to his new employer Kastus and rubbed his bearded chin. It would be good to be back on the road. Umfrey made it a habit never to stay anywhere too long. It usually caused problems. He could see that his welcome here had been short lived. He had already argued with both Aaron and the barmaid, it wouldn’t be long he guessed before the others tired of him too.
DM - Jeff
 GM, 341 posts
Mon 9 Mar 2009
at 00:00
Re: 008b = Dolgan's Inn =
   "Aye, I'll drink to that." Aaron says to Carlo.

   "We should be off then." Kastus says and heads out the door.

   "You all have a pleasant journey, keep an eye out for them Orcs."  The barmaid says after the group settles their bill.




OOC - Use the prices from this link and record them on your sheets:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equi...#foodDrinkAndLodging
The Stew being a common meal, 3sp

After finishing up here, continue in:
      = Departing Dolganswash = (coming soon)