008c = Trading Post =   Posted by DM - Jeff.Group: archive 0
DM - Jeff
 GM, 312 posts
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 21:54
008c = Trading Post =
    "Well, some of those goblins weapons are pretty beat up."  The man at the trading post tells Durl.  "But some of these other items are pretty good quality.   I suppose the price is fair."  He counts out a fair amount of coinage and pushes it over to Durl [193.34GP].

    "I just got in some new stock from the caravan this morning.  A few healing potions, might come in handy.  If you need anything I'll be here."

It isn't a well stocked store but the prices are fairly standard.


OOC - So if you want to purchase anything the prices are standard, just let me know what it is and I'll tell you if it is available.
Durl Rockfist
 player, 81 posts
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 22:03
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
Durl counted the coins before he dropped them into a pouch. He'd split the gold with the others upon finding them at the Inn.

"I've gots me two other things. If ye can take a look at them." Durl pulled out the goblin's staff and the necklace.

The dwarf watched the man at the trading post as he examined the goblin crafted items. "If ye not be interested. Do ye know of someone that might be interested in dis sort of stuff?"
DM - Jeff
 GM, 314 posts
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 23:06
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
    He takes a look at the items Durl presents.  "I couldn't give you much for those.  Not much call for items like that around here, but there's an elf in Tilverton that collects and sells tribal items such as these.  Carliah is her name, I've sent a few things her way before.  Just ask around for Carliah the Collector." 
Sigismund Rider
 player, 84 posts
 Torm wills it!
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 23:47
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
Outside the post Sigismund decides to leave the shields outside with Jisk. Before entering he takes a deep breath, reminding himself to not make a judgment call before he has even spoken with Durl. He makes sure that Durl is still there and decides that this is no business of the local trader.

The paladin waits outside for the dwarf to finish his business. His expression is composed, but without any hint of a smile in it. When Durl finally comes out, Sigismund says to him: "Master Durl, I need a word with you."

[Private to GM: In the coming conversation, Sigi would pay close attention to Durls body language and tone of voice to try to determine if he's telling the truth - if it should be necessary.]
Durl Rockfist
 player, 82 posts
Wed 14 Jan 2009
at 23:54
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
Durl thanked the trader. "Carliah, an elf. Thanks." He left the Trading Post.




When Durl stepped outside the Trading Post, he immediately noticed the tall paladin of Torm. "Sure thing. What canna dis dwarf do fer you."

"I just sold off all the stuff we gots from the fight the other night. Ye can keep the bedding. And I'll give yer cut when we're all back at the Inn later."


[Private to Sigismund Rider: Doh! :) ]
Sigismund Rider
 player, 85 posts
 Torm wills it!
Thu 15 Jan 2009
at 01:22
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
Sigismund nods perfunctorily to the news about getting a part of the money later. He never takes his eyes off Durl, studying the dwarf and his reactions. "I was about to give the pretenders' items back to the garrison... You haven't, per chance, seen the tabards?"

[Private to Durl Rockfist: Hasn't this gotten interesting...]
Durl Rockfist
 player, 83 posts
Thu 15 Jan 2009
at 03:22
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
The dwarf nodded as he gestured with his head towards the wagon. "Wasn't it put on the wagon with the other stuff we gots from those Purple Dragons?"

Durl held a tight smirk behind his beard.
Sigismund Rider
 player, 86 posts
 Torm wills it!
Thu 15 Jan 2009
at 22:04
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
Sigismund nods, still studying Durl. It is not proving easy to read the dwarfs face - not least of all due to the impressive beard. "They were. But they aren't there anymore." He considers saying something else, but he has experienced more than one occasion in his life where less was more.

[Private to GM: I know why I prefer having such conversations with NPCs. When it says there "held a tight smirk behind his beard" I assume that I've seen it, or else the GM wouldn't type it. *sigh*

Ah, well, we'll see where this goes.
]
Durl Rockfist
 player, 84 posts
Wed 21 Jan 2009
at 14:25
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
"You sure that they were there? I don't recall who was in charge of putting the things in the wagon, maybe it was left behind."


[Private to Sigismund Rider: Instead of a bunch of denial, etc going back and forth. I thought I'd roll my Bluff vs your Sense Motive. And based on the severity of that dice roll, I'll write my future post.

rolled 5 using 1d20. bluff

Bleah :)
You can take a negative modifier for yourself because of the dwarf's beard if you want to be nice :)
]
Sigismund Rider
 player, 87 posts
 Torm wills it!
Wed 21 Jan 2009
at 16:18
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
"I saw it being packed into the wagon, so I'm quiet sure." The more he hears the less happy Sigismund is with the way this whole conversation is going.

[Private to Durl Rockfist: Sigismund Rider rolled 14 using 1d20+3. Sense Motive. Even if the GM wants to add a penalty here, it should suffice.]
Durl Rockfist
 player, 85 posts
Wed 21 Jan 2009
at 17:15
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
"Alright. I gots the uniforms on me mule." Durl said in a huff. The dwarf knew that the paladin would be turning them in to the Purple Dragons, he didn't like it one bit.

"Ye be making a mistake." Durl hoped the mule would bit Sigismund.
Sigismund Rider
 player, 88 posts
 Torm wills it!
Wed 28 Jan 2009
at 12:46
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
For a long moment Sigismund just looks at Durl, anger and disappointment warring in his eyes. Durls misgivings for handing over the equipment to the garrison here had been clear in the morning, but he had acceded to leave the decision to the paladin - as it seems now only to shut him up.

When he finally speaks, the anger in his voice is unmistakable. "My experience with dwarves is limited, I admit, so tell me, Master Durl, is it customary amongst your people to say one thing and do just the opposite as soon as the others back is turned? Or did you just think I wouldn't notice or wouldn't care?

Last night has shown very clearly that trust is not to be given lightly - and how do you expect anyone to trust you, after this?"

Durl Rockfist
 player, 86 posts
Sun 1 Feb 2009
at 00:45
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
The dwarf let out a hrumph. "Ye watch yer tongue, manling."

"Ye should take care to not say more than ye knows."
Durl turned to stand toe to toe with the tall paladin of Torm.

Durl hitched his thumb in his belt. "I told ye that ye can decide if ye were gonna turn the uniforms over. Ye knew plainly me point of view on that."

"Didn't ye thinks that I would be holding on ta them uniforms? I wouldn't want them to be turned over accidentally until ye were sure ye made yer final decision. The others would have dropped them off without another thought. Ye on the other hand would have to seek me out and tell me that ye wants them from me"


Durl shook his head. "Well I told ye where's ye can find them."
Sigismund Rider
 player, 89 posts
 Torm wills it!
Wed 4 Feb 2009
at 11:25
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
Sigismund looks down on the dwarf, his anger not in the least appeased by Durls explanation. The dwarf had certainly made his point clear, but so had the paladin himself. And none of the others had ventured any opinion on the issue nor showed any inclination to do anything with the Dragon's items.

"If you had such honest intentions, why make me ask thrice, Master Durl? He makes an angry gesture as if sweeping the matter off the table. "No, don't bother answering that. Spare me any more feeble," 'lies' is what is on his tongue, but he judges that that might well lead to blows, "excuses that we both might come to regret.

If you want someone to rethink a matter, words usually help a lot more than deceptions. Please remember that in the future."
Unless stopped by Durl, he stalks off towards the mule to retrieve the tabards.
Durl Rockfist
 player, 87 posts
Thu 5 Feb 2009
at 07:06
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
Durl watched the tall Paladin of Torm stalk his mule. He shook his head slowly as he watched Sigismund. He be a good manling. Stubborn as a mule...

Durl turned and stomped his feet as he walked to the Inn. He needed a drink. Moreso now than earlier.

The dwarf saw Ciara entered the Inn ahead of Durl.

Durl moved to Dolgan's Inn thread

This message was last edited by the player at 07:29, Thu 05 Feb 2009.

Sigismund Rider
 player, 90 posts
 Torm wills it!
Thu 5 Feb 2009
at 19:55
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
When he reaches Durls mule, Sigismund makes sure not to approach from behind - a kicked shin is the last thing he needs now - and looks for the tabards. If need be he does his best to calm the mule. If he finds the tabards, he gathers the Dragon's equipment together and finally heads off to hand it over to the Knights stationed here.
DM - Jeff
 GM, 328 posts
Thu 5 Feb 2009
at 23:45
Re: 008c = Trading Post =
[OOC] - Whew... glad that's over, I'll answer to Sigismund in the = Dolganswash = thread.