Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive.   Posted by Gatekeeper.Group: archive 1
Saina Nanaret
 player, 171 posts
Wed 20 May 2009
at 16:53
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"Mmmm. All he need know is that we wish to meet with Free, yes? We just tell this Mockingbird that we are recent group of refugees from Water District, and have heard his exploits. Would not be unusual for two rebel groups to want to work together."

"Or maybe if we not want to say we are 'rebel'," Nanaret amends with a small shrug, "we say we want Free's help to survive because we trust the Peace Force less. It is as Doctor Higura says; when Dashu, Xurizu and I spent time in Laborer's Conclave, seemed to be plenty people who felt unhappy about increased securities, interrogations and such. One even say his brother get snatched and taken away because of paranoia."

Finally, the Changing Moon Lunar peers at the badges Talia made with great interest. "This really works? Have you even tested, yet? I know nothing of machines and how they work. But still, is amazing and frightening, what can be done with them."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:56, Wed 20 May 2009.

Danae Adela
 player, 185 posts
Wed 20 May 2009
at 16:59
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"Their big flaw is the same thing as their biggest advantage"  Danae explained as Talia brought out the badges.  "They've all got some ability to process information--but in the end, they're all connected in one central consicousness, so an exception built into one of them will spread to all of them in short order...  Since they've already got exceptions built in for important Dragon Blooded, all we needed to do was bury another exception for anyone displaying one of those badges...  Third 'Really' was through when designing it though--I'm willing to state that it is Literally impossible for a Terrestrial to remove that exception, and even a Celestial isn't going to pull that off without a lot of luck.  It should definately buy us a great deal of time."
Tervila Dena
 player, 221 posts
 Full Moon Lunar
 Messenger
Wed 20 May 2009
at 17:06
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"Hmm, how prominent does the badge have to be?  Will the machine need to see it?  I wouldn't want to be shot in the back because the badge is on my front."
Danae Adela
 player, 186 posts
Wed 20 May 2009
at 17:42
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"They'd need to see it, yes--but they're obliged to fully identify a person before commencing hostile actions or reporting back--you'll have time to display the badge."  Danae explained.  "It'd defeat the purpose of leaving an opening for their sneakier sorts if the automata shot first and asked questions later, right?"
Peleps Dashu
 player, 264 posts
 Night Caste Solar
 Criminal Investigator
Wed 20 May 2009
at 18:05
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Dashu listens to the suggestions on what to tell Mockingbird, and then decides to finally speak up.  "Keep in mind, this man is not ill informed.  Plus he's the one who helped us break out Dreams-of-Light, someone who was very high profile in that compound.  We had to admit to certain things to obtain his aid.  He already knows we're not simply a group of refugees.  In order to obtain his assistance, we needed to tell him everything we knew about why the Water District was cut off.  He knows we're 'Anathema', or at least Xurizu and I are even if he still doesn't know our real names.  He also either knows or figures that we travel with others.  Seeing as Nanaret's alter ego was outed in the middle of the temple during mass, he's probably heard about her too.  Like I said, it was necessary to tell him all this to save one of our own.  We aren't simply rebels.  What I was mainly concerned about is what details of the assault.  I'll refrain from mentioning too many details about the automations.  If all we want from him is a meeting with Free, then he'll want information in return for that.  Unless there's a convincing reason not to do so, I'm at least going to give him a warning that there might be a change in regime soon so that he can make some plans to keep his contacts out of the fighting... or not, as he sees fit.  Remember, he's a business man and the currency is favors and information.  We got to give a little bit to get what we need.  I've also put some thought into our plans after we've finished restoring the Gatekeeper.  He might be useful in restoring trade.  Primarily, he wants to restore his contacts with the Water district.  So we don't want to make him feel like we're trying to pull a fast one on him."
Tervila Dena
 player, 222 posts
 Full Moon Lunar
 Messenger
Wed 20 May 2009
at 18:12
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"Hmm, yes I see.  Well then, we should certainly inform him that we're making a move against the Immaculate Temple, and that we may be able to restore contact with the Water District with time.  I would not mention our connection to the Builder Bugs, however, even if they are the means of contacting the Gatekeeper of Water.
I do not know the situation with him exactly, would it be wise to inform him of more of our numbers?  That may give him the reassurance that we are numerous, and powerful, and would make good allies."

Ledaal Xurizu
 player, 163 posts
 No Moon Lunar
 Sorcerer and Test Subject
Wed 20 May 2009
at 18:54
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"I think telling him our numbers both shows we trust him, but tells him very little he cannot deduce.  He will need to know details about how many wish to meet with Free so that he and Free can suggest an appropriate meeting place that such a group would not be too obvious arriving nor too large to fit in, and if he knows we are sending five to meet with Free, it suggests we making a similar commitment to the attack."

"That, along with mention of the attack should be information enough.  Enough to show trust while keeping a few cards to ourselves.  He will appreciate that."
Saina Nanaret
 player, 172 posts
Wed 20 May 2009
at 19:42
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Nanaret listens closely to Dashu and Xurizu, her brow furrowed apologetically. "Very sorry. I had no idea how much you needed tell Mockingbird beforehand. But you may be right that he has my description. If he had wanted make enemies of free Celestials in the first place, though, could have uncovered us during the last operation."

To the other Celestials, she adds, "I would trust Dashu and Xurizu opinions in this, they were ones who spoke to the contact directly. Now I think of it, maybe better I trade places with Dashu..." Nanaret hesitates briefly; that would of course mean she would be separated from Higura again. But making this plan work is much more important than her personal preferences.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:24, Wed 20 May 2009.

Peleps Dashu
 player, 265 posts
 Night Caste Solar
 Criminal Investigator
Wed 20 May 2009
at 20:13
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Dashu gives one of his awkward smiles to Nanaret, "I don't think that would be necessary.  Mockingbird can't reasonably expect 'Hood' and 'Talon' to be married to each other.  As long as we let him know what to expect up front, then I think only one of us needs to be at any meeting.  And once he's introduced to the rest of you, then you won't even need us to vouch for you as a safety protocol."  Dashu understands that the use of the code names they gave Mockingbird might be a little confusing to those who hadn't seen Xurizu and his anima banners, but to those who had should recognize from where the self styled psuedonyms come.  Dashu then begins to look a little nervous as he continues.  "We, uh, also needed a way to identify our... um... group to other people.  Nothing official, but since I was giving Xurizu and I code names, I sort of gave the group a code name too..."  with that he pauses.  The even tempered investigator is actually a little nervous about this.  "It's 'Sky'."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:24, Wed 20 May 2009.

Ledaal Xurizu
 player, 164 posts
 No Moon Lunar
 Sorcerer and Test Subject
Wed 20 May 2009
at 20:19
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"I am sure Free would want to meet with enough of us to truly judge our intent anyway, Nanaret," Xurizu says in response to her wondering.    "I don't think that you coming in place of Dashu would influence that--if anything, this split shows more trust as we our revealing the identities of more of our members, and Dashu will be making contact with Mockingbird.  He is already vouching for those at the meeting by doing that."
Saina Nanaret
 player, 173 posts
Wed 20 May 2009
at 20:44
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"A--all right then." Nanaret looks surprised and even embarrassed that her two comrades are so willing to accommodate her. "So you understand, it is only for sake of safety," she adds hastily. "Doctor Higura... is my anchor. He counseled me, when I still was fighter in the Pit. If I away from him too long, not sure what will happen. Not sure I can control her. Ranavalona is different from me. She not care of anybody except herself."

"So you will make contact before we split, then. Maybe better we do this in another room, just Dashu and those of us meeting Free?" Nanaret realizes belatedly she has never even seen whatever method Mockingbird has given them to contact him. So she's unsure whether it would allow him to see or hear everyone in the vicinity.
Gatekeeper
 GM, 869 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Wed 20 May 2009
at 22:08
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
With difficulty, Chilomena finally breaks her silence, addressing the group directly. "I apologize, but you must depart soon. I will send Princess Evamae with the Inner Temple Group, which should leave as soon as it is ready. Peleps Dashu will join them after contacting Mockingbird, so that the Freerunner Group will know how to proceed." After speaking, her vast body shudders minutely while her princesses stroke her with their forelegs, quietly soothing her.

Still, the Hive Queen continues for a time. "I have birthed 27 additional warriors in the past several days. Therefore I can now offer you the aid of one hundred fifty five Ruby Warriors. Unless you wish some of them to join you, they will all participate in our diversion tactic."

Jhenli, wanting to keep the Queen from further strain, takes over after summarizing Chilomena's words for those unlearned in Old Realm. Now and then he demonstrates locations with the aid of the three-dimensional resin model. "The Inner Temple Group will follow the Ruby Warriors to our first objective point, an Immaculate outpost in the southwest. The Rubies will strike in that area while you continue around -- using the badges to avoid automaton detection -- to this point here." He steps around the resin structure to point out a northern entrance, over a third of the way around the circumference of the Inner Temple complex. "Finally, Veldygar Arhandor and Broken Eternal have been deployed in secret to an Immaculate Hospital in the eastern quadrant."

"All these points are connected directly to the Inner Temple. While Hive Irix and the Water Republic agents create diversions to the east and west, you should be able to enter from the north. This northern entrance is an Immaculate warrior monk garrison, but we will be drawing many of the monks away from there. After successful entrance, meet up with Veldygar and Eternal, eliminate or subdue the Immaculate authority on B25, and secure a way up to Inner Temple B24."

"I believe that is all," Queen Chilomena proclaims with finality. "Good fortune smile upon you, Chosen of Sun, Moon and Stars. Let us restore the Pillar to its former glory."



OOC: Just to orient you, the Hive is in the outer perimeter of Floor B25, to the southwest. And the Laborer's Conclave is in the inner southern quadrant, closer to the Inner Temple.

I'll be opening separate threads for the two groups in just a moment.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:43, Sat 30 May 2009.

Tervila Dena
 player, 223 posts
 Full Moon Lunar
 Messenger
Wed 20 May 2009
at 22:14
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"Please be careful to keep enough warriors in reserve to protect the Hive, should your retreat be needed." Dena advises seriously, her brow furrowing.  "I do not like to leave our allies without sufficient protection.  But in this situation I think the best defense is to destroy the threat."
Gatekeeper
 GM, 870 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Wed 20 May 2009
at 22:36
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"Please do not worry, Tervila Dena," Jhenli replies gratefully, bowing his golden head. "These numbers are considering the forces we already have available in the Hive. We simply wish to send you our best. The newly birthed Warriors will replace more of those we will be sending with you. There are at least two hundred still remaining with us. And this does not count the fact that the workers may also fight, and are much more numerous."

"Also remember, we can always rebuild so long as our Queen or one of the Princesses are alive. That is why Evamae will go with you. Should we be for some reason wiped out, Hive Irix Evamae will continue our legacy." Jhenli seems calm and completely undisturbed by this notion.
Danae Adela
 player, 187 posts
Wed 20 May 2009
at 23:13
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"I don't think it'll come to that" Danae said, crossing her arms.  "There's a lot of room for error here--the worst possible situation would be if the people of the Earth District decide to side with the Immaculates en masse--or if they decide to use the people as a hostage against us--they'll probably know as much as we do that we can't 'Afford' to be interpreted as the villans here, and they've already shown a willingness to slaughter vast portions of their population in hopes of denying us a victory--if we play our cards right though, we'll be able to prove the hypocrasy of their regime at that time--and if we can turn that around, we may actually get some of their younger and less indoctrinated members to realize just what they've been protecting all this time--if we can get the Immaculate viewpoint to see things our way--our chances of pulling this scheme off rise hundredfold."
Saina Nanaret
 player, 174 posts
Thu 21 May 2009
at 05:18
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"Grrr... I hope they not go taking hostages," Nanaret says with a sharp frown. "But I hope that our effort speak to Free will help with that. If rebels of Earth District can unite, and people of Conclaves are unhappy, then maybe laborers will wish fight as well. And I know for fact that mining work takes much strength and endurance. Very likely could become a strong force, even if not formal weapon trained."

"Important thing is we get to citizens first, yes? Also, we not just escapees now, we bring fighting to the Immaculates. Press the offense and they may not have time to do anything to innocent people. Maybe we on the outside can deal with Peace Force should they cause trouble."

Just talking about it isn't doing a thing, though. Nanaret smiles at Higura, at Xurizu and Talia who would be joining them, and bows again to Jhenli and the Queen. "Much gratitude for your aid. Is also my hope we triumph. Though maybe for me is not about doing the right thing, I do think is right for people of Coils to be empowered to choose for themselves and fight for what they believe."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:00, Sun 24 May 2009.

Yaishin Higura
 player, 121 posts
Thu 21 May 2009
at 06:25
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Higura pauses, looking over to Nanaret after she makes her affirmation. He smiles a bit, nodding gratefully in her direction, but otherwise says nothing. Not because he is ignoring her words or the meaning behind them, far from it. But perhaps because nothing the doctor can say can do justice to the Lunar's display of trust other than this silent 'thank you'.

When Danae mentions hostages and the uncertain situation the group might face as far as the Conclaves are concerned. "This is going to be something to be cautious about, I definitely agree. That is another reason why having good sources of intelligence would be greatly appreciated in this situation. We will have to play our cards quickly and smartly to try to avoid such happenings from taking place. Hopefully, with the coordination of our efforts with both the Freerunners and Mockingbird, we will be able to gain the advantage."

With that, Higura bows to the Queen as well. "Yes Majesty, thank you for all your help and assistance. We will endeavor to hold our part of this agreement, and work to restore the Pillar you remember."

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:00, Sun 24 May 2009.

Peleps Dashu
 player, 266 posts
 Night Caste Solar
 Criminal Investigator
Thu 21 May 2009
at 13:44
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Dashu bows to the queen and decides to take his leave.  "Thank you for everything you've done for us, your majesty."  He then says to his group,  "I'll start to contact Mockingbird.  I'll meet up with the rest of the assault force afterward."
Ledaal Xurizu
 player, 165 posts
 No Moon Lunar
 Sorcerer and Test Subject
Thu 21 May 2009
at 22:59
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Xurizu nodded in thanks for the badge from Talia and then turned to the Queen, inclining his head much further, rather than attempting to imitate .. and fail to do so correctly, the more elaborate bow he had seen Third perform earlier.  "Thank you for your aid, Queen Chilomena.  Good luck to all of you who will storm the Inner Temple," he nods around to the Celestials and then departs, heading out with the others who will be meeting the Freerunners.
Third Beneficiary of Orderly Knowledge
 player, 196 posts
Fri 22 May 2009
at 01:32
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Third bows to the others, before approaching the queen politely. 'If Eye may, Queen Chilomena, Eye would ask you one additional favor- The three Immaculates Eye and Higura are working with, would you or one of your Princesses be willing to take the burden of attuning to their collars? Eye would prefer not to set them loose yet, but sustaining their attunements while in combat would be difficult at best." The Exalt bows to her once again. "As well, Dashu, Eye would request your help in the coming days, if you have a moment of freedom, to use your perception to help study the Immaculates, and their motivations. Eye would be most grateful." It speaks confidently to Queen Chilomena and Dashu, seeming rather like it would be surprised if either said no.
Gatekeeper
 GM, 877 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Fri 22 May 2009
at 19:36
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Jhenli lets out an exclamation of surprise, and says tentatively, "Third Beneficiary, our Queen is terribly exhausted right now, I am unsure if --"

Chilomena shakes her head sharply. Despite her weariness, she speaks for herself. "I will comply, for you are both Third and Shining Eye, and our loyalty to the Creators is tantamount. Do you understand, Jhenli? Have the Ruby Guardians bring the Usurper prisoners here right now."

The golden communicator translates hastily, and bows so deeply he is nearly parallel to the ground. "I must apologize, Creator. We will obey your wishes. If you delay but a moment longer, we will bring the three Immaculates here to transfer their ownership immediately." He steps away briefly, toward the opening into the royal chamber. Signaling to a nearby worker, he wordlessly conveys the commands to be propagated toward the prison in the outer hive.



OOC: Re-rearranging, sorry. :) just trying to get the flow of this right.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:30, Sun 24 May 2009.

Peleps Dashu
 player, 272 posts
 Night Caste Solar
 Criminal Investigator
Sun 24 May 2009
at 22:26
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Dashu thinks about what must be done, and then tells Third, "We probably won't have time before our mission, but I would be happy to assist in the endeavor afterwards though.  Just let me know how I can be useful."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:26, Sun 24 May 2009.

Gatekeeper
 GM, 882 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Sun 24 May 2009
at 22:37
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
The efficiency of the builder bugs is always fascinating to see. Within a minute, the message has already reached the prison guards. The longer wait comes from the actual transport, as the collared Immaculates must be walked, blind and restrained, toward the royal chamber. But within ten to fifteen minutes, a shortcut has been worked out to bring them there quickly.

Cathak Jilava, Bastion of Purity and Jade Willow, each flanked by a pair of Rubies, are prodded into the royal chamber, and pushed down onto their knees. Of the three, Jilava's expression is wrathful and bitter, while Bastion's is serene, and Willow's cautiouly inquisitive.
Gatekeeper
 GM, 883 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Sun 24 May 2009
at 22:47
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
"Let us make this quick," Chilomena intones, turning her black eyes toward the blindfolded Immaculates. With a surge of silvery-white Essence, the massive natural shape of the Queen dwindles down into the more compact, attractive humanoid form. Her Princesses also shift form, two of them stepping forward to help the weary Queen step down from her throne.

"If I may excuse myself, I must lend my aid with the final preparations," Jhenli announces, keeping his words purposefully vague with the prisoners in earshot. "Yaishin Higura, it pains me to ask you this, but you may have to provide translation if necessary." With a last apologetic bow, Jhenli disappears back into the corridor, his footsteps moving hastily toward the outer Hive. (OOC: from now on, all lines from the Queen should be assumed understood only by those who speak Old realm.)

The First Princess, Evamae, does not linger, but announces her intentions. "As directed, Hive Mother, I will be departing in my official duty as Hive Ambassador." The Princess, of pale silvery-blue carapace, genuflects reverently to the remaining Creators and withdraws with Jhenli. "Farewell, my Queen."

"For the future of Hive Irix," Chilomena murmurs solemnly, approaching the collared prisoners with slow, laborious steps.
Third Beneficiary of Orderly Knowledge
 player, 198 posts
Wed 27 May 2009
at 00:47
Re: Floor B25 - The Lost Corridors, Builder Bug Hive
Third bows its head deeply to Queen Chilomena. It doesn't speak- It lets its actions do that for it, thanking her for taking this burden so that the Solar may fight during this assault, ready to relinquish the attunement of the collars unto her when she's prepared to take it.