Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting.   Posted by Gatekeeper.Group: archive 1
Saina Nanaret
 player, 192 posts
Sat 27 Jun 2009
at 10:35
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
"I am ready," Nanaret retorts, gripping her moonsilver serpent staff as... whatever it is emerges into plain view. Her stance is not rigid, but fluid and sinuous, emulating the dance of a snake reared to strike. Her footwork weaves a pattern on the floor, the soft soles of her boots never quite lying flat on the ground.

Thus she awaits any eventuality - whether to fight, protect or to grab Higura and flee into the lift.

[Private to GM: Ok, NOW I'll activate Snake Form. I should have spent, I think, 8 motes by now. Unless I got any stunts.]
Ledaal Xurizu
 player, 179 posts
 No Moon Lunar
 Sorcerer and Test Subject
Sat 27 Jun 2009
at 20:01
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Xurizu gives Irjin a midly suspicious look, though whether it's a test or not doesn't change too much at this juncture.  He can't think of anything to help himself or his companions at this point, other than being ready to fight whatever it is that is coming.  With this in mind, he draws his Earth enchanted tonfa from the loop on his belt and makes another check on the fastenings of his jade armour.  Satisfied that all is in order, he waits.
Gatekeeper
 GM, 1022 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Sun 28 Jun 2009
at 10:05
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
A total of three spherical shapes emerge into the corridor leading to the lift door. If indeed that is what it is. Hovering above the ground, they touch down simultaneously about fifty yards away and start to unfurl like a strange mechanical puzzle: six legs, two pincers, mandibles and a long tail curving upward like a scorpion's tail.

Irjin mutters something under his breath about unreliable machines, glances behind him and finally says with some breath to spare, "They're Scorpion Strikers. More often in use in Fire District and up, but they've been placed here as a guard, apparently. The first thing I'd recommend you do is duck. Then run... if you can."

The three Strikers continue their relentless approach, though less speedily on foot. The corridor is large enough for two of them to walk side by side, if with difficulty, so one of the trio trails behind. They lift their stinger-tails as they walk and the 'stinger' opens up like a mechanical blossom to reveal the barrel of what is very likely an essence cannon, and the three simultaneously open fire.

The combination barrage nearly fills the entire corridor with a blinding, red-orange aura that ripples and sears through the corridor without losing momentum. The golem staggers, taking the brunt of the blast, but the rest flares past the earthen construct and washes over the group immediately behind it. Two of the Freerunners are struck mercilessly, howling in pain and falling back as the concussive force pulps their insides. Only one of them manages to remain conscious -- barely -- crawling slowly, agonizingly, toward the lift door as it mercifully slides open, revealing a large cylindrical space inside.

Though the blast does not directly reach the Celestials, being in its proximity still threatens to knock them off their feet, further complicating the escape.

Irjin shouts, "GO! Klaxon, grab Nelly and get inside!! Cynical, help Wrack if you can but just try to get out alive!"



OOC: So a Stamina+Resistance, diffculty 2. Then roll Join Battle (you'll have a penalty of -1 sux to this if you fell, though I'll also let you stunt JB here if you want). This is more for me to determine whether you'll be able to escape into the lift in time.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:28, Sun 28 June 2009.

Yaishin Higura
 player, 138 posts
Sun 28 Jun 2009
at 23:18
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
If nothing else would have convinced Higura of Irjin's sincerity, the sacrifice of the other Freerunners finishes to seal the deal. Despite the hectic situation, a deep frown creases the doctor's features, who inwardly laments the sacrifice of their hosts - strange as their meeting and the circumstances behind it might have been, at the core, all of them fight for the same thing.

There is no time to pause and rest, however, as the danger is ever-present. Quickly, the doctor shifts his center of gravity to the side opposite the coming force of the shockwave, hoping that this last-minute attempt will actually allow him to remain upright...

Fighting against the current of the tremors, Higura manages, with great effort, to stay on his feet despite the blast. Quickly, he turns his gaze to his comrades to insure none of them need assistance just yet, then calls out: "Quickly, towards the lift!" The display of the automatons' power does convince the doctor that staying and fighting is likely akin to a lost cause - they might be able to disrupt the mechanical abomination with enough force, but the cost would likely be much to high for this to be considered a suitable solution. Fleeing, it seems, would be their best option.

"And you, sir Irjin... You stay alive. We still have things to discuss."

Keeping an eye out for the trouble ahead, Higura does his best to scamper to the lift, his idea being that if he manages to reach it quickly, he can help the others climb aboard as well.

[Private to Gatekeeper: 18:50, Today: Yaishin Higura rolled 4 successes using 8d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 3,2,1,10,5,9,8,1. Join Battle. ]

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Sun 28 June 2009.

Saina Nanaret
 player, 193 posts
Mon 29 Jun 2009
at 01:05
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Nanaret easily keeps her balance, bouncing on the balls of her feet. She sees the Freerunners go down in that hot flare of Essence and winces. "This what is hiding here? You very foolish men. Perhaps your arrogance awakens the machine. You think they will not retaliate. But instead they wait for you to make mistake."

She hesitates briefly, caught between her desire to ensure Higura's safety first, to focus on her survival and to offer aid to those she saw as hopelessly overconfident. Nonetheless, she is among the first to react, darting swift as a striking serpent toward the lift door. A touch of Ranavalona's cruel pragmatism and instinctive mistrust of machines eclipses what spark of compassion she may have shown. "Hurry or you will die."

But she does give a hand to other where she can -- none too gently -- wrenching the unsteady to their feet and all but pushing them toward the lift. If only because doing so will hasten their escape upstairs.

[Private to GM: I rolled the compassion cause I was indecisive what attitude Nanaret woudl take toward helping the Freerunners. Though she failed Compassion she didn't botch so I took more of a middle ground.

Also, made the Resistance roll. I'll be using Striking Cobra Technique (add MA to sux for Join Battle) to help the Join Battle roll!

20:45, Today: Saina Nanaret failed (no successes) using 2d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 3,5. a compassion roll.
19:07, Today: Saina Nanaret rolled 3 successes using 4d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 8,7,9,1. Stamina+Resistance. AND a wp.
]
Talia Zerith
 player, 81 posts
Mon 29 Jun 2009
at 04:09
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Talia manages to keep her footing.  She pulls the fan from her belt, and flicking it open she runs...forward, to stand between the Scorpions and the fleeing group.
"Get everyone into the lift; I'll help cover the rear."  From the corner of her eye, she spares Irjin a brief glance.  "I ran with Freerunners before I met any of the others.  I'm as much one of you as one of them."

[Private to GM: 00:01, Today: Talia Zerith rolled 6 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 9,8,9,9,10,5.
23:54, Yesterday: Talia Zerith rolled 3 successes using 4d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 9,2,10,4. Sta+res.
Do the Scorpions have any particular weaknesses? 00:08, Today: Talia Zerith rolled 2 successes using 7d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 3,8,3,4,1,4,9. Int+Magitech.
]
Gatekeeper
 GM, 1036 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Mon 29 Jun 2009
at 23:00
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
In the wake of that ripple of force, Xurizu and another of the Freerunners (Cynical) fall to the ground. The latter falls hard enough to bruise himself, but that doesn't keep him from attempting to drag the unconscious, heavily injured Wrack toward the lift. "Come on, brother. I won't leave you here," he growls, managing to get only part of the way there.

Klaxon manages to stay upright, half-supporting, half-dragging Nelly along. Nanaret, who reaches the lift first, helps pull them in, dispassionate attitude or not. Higura seems in the best position to help Cynical carry his burden, or to pull Xurizu up.

Talia meanwhile stands fearlessly in the front line, with the golem. The being of earth is actually smoking from the blast, its surface actually having hardened into an igneous crystal from the heat of it. But it does not seem to feel pain as a normal human does. It stands its ground as the Scorpions advance, more laboriously now with the complication of mechanical legs and the narrowness of the corridor. [Private to Talia Zerith: The first thing you can think about in terms of weakness is likely their underside. Breaking one or more of their more fragile legs (or trying to sweep them) sounds like a good idea as well.]

Irjin nods sharply Higura's way, acknowledging his words of encouragement, but does not immediately enter the lift. Seeing the Scorpions delayed, he begins to shape another spell, relying on his golem to provide cover. "Once I cast, you'd better get out of the way," he calls out to Talia. "Though I appreciate your support. We could use more like you." The shaping begins in earnest, as a howling wind rises up around the well-dressed Freerunner.

The trio of Scorpion Strikers appear to be preparing for one more barrage, though the front pair raise their pincers  as well, as they scuttle down the corridor. They are currently about 25 yards away from where Talia and the golem stand.



OOC: I rolled all the JBs (except Xurizu's, didn't want to presume) and the scorpions botched, so they go last no matter what. So everyone has one more action! Please remember these machines are not meant to be something you should fight head on or even at all, if you can avoid it.

tick 0 - Nanaret
tick 1 - Talia
tick 2 - Irjin (shaping spell...)
tick 3 - Higura, Xurizu, Cynical (carrying Wrack)
tick 4 - Klaxon (supporting Nelly)
tick 6 - Scorpion Strikers, earth golem

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:29, Tue 30 June 2009.

Talia Zerith
 player, 85 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 01:40
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
"Just give me a warning, and I'll be right out of there."
With those words Talia springs forward, drops, and rolls toward the nearest Scorpion, slashing at a leg with her fan before tumbling away.

[Private to GM: Spending 1wp and 6 motes of peripheral essence for Lethal Paper Fan Attack
21:31, Today: Talia Zerith rolled 5 successes using 10d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 9,7,6,1,8,9,3,5,4,7. Dex+MA+3dice for 1st excellency.
21:36, Today: Talia Zerith rolled 1 success using 3d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 5,5,9. because I forgot Accuracy..
]

This message was last edited by the player at 01:41, Tue 30 June 2009.

Saina Nanaret
 player, 194 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 18:33
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Nanaret does not dash forward with Talia, though she does continue to haul in the injured, pulling them to the sides of the elevator where they will have the most advantage of cover. "Now best you stay down," she says to them unnecessarily. After that first blast, they'd likely be covering themselves if they valued their lives! "Doctor Higura. You can examine them? Some look very hurt. Not sure if still alive."

She remains on her toes, watching the moves of the Scorpions, her moonsilver serpent staff coiled around one arm. If Talia goes down for whatever reason her next action will be to dash in and retrieve her before Irjin's spell goes off. Still a bleeding heart, Ranavalona hisses contemptuously in her mind. The Bitch Queen would much prefer she just operate the lift and move upstairs without the others, of course. IF she knew how to operate the lift. But Nanaret, while not the type to play hero in these circumstances, would still not leave an ally to die if there were a reasonable chance to save them.

(OOC: I guess I'm... basically holding action.)

This message was last edited by the player at 18:34, Tue 30 June 2009.

Ledaal Xurizu
 player, 182 posts
 No Moon Lunar
 Sorcerer and Test Subject
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 21:04
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Xurizu had been bowled over by the shock of the blastwave, but he soon rolled and jumped to his feet, shaking his head to clear his thoughts.  Once he clears his thoughts, he starts to move towards the elevator, helping Cynical and Wrack to move towards the entrance of the elevator.

"I'm fine," he reassures Higura and the others, continuing to move towards the doors.
Gatekeeper
 GM, 1049 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 03:23
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
The four Freerunners all make it to the lift. The unconscious one, Wrack, is propped up against the elevator wall. Cynical works frantically over him, trying to revive, or somehow stabilize him, but is obviously unversed in medicine. "Come on, brother..."

Irjin's spell continues to shape. He repeats a phrase, that in Old Realm sounds very much like the word for 'storm' or 'thunder', and the winds whipping around him build into a howling whirlwind.[Private to Ledaal Xurizu: as usual you can try to roll to recognize the spell, so you can learn it later.] Though used to their Leader pulling off feats of sorcery, the other conscious Freerunners still crouch well out of his way within the confines of the lift.

Talia, ahead of the others, attempts to take out one of the Scorpions' legs, but her fan merely glances off it in an unlucky blow. The one she attempted to strike snaps at her with its pincers, attempting to grab hold of her and crush her bodily. [Private to Talia Zerith: 6 sux, 3 sux flurry. Your parry DV is at the moment 3 Dex + 4 MA + 2 weapon + 3 from charm. So that's 12/6=6 DV, -1 from your attack, so 5. So first attack is in with 1 success unless you will use your Martial Arts excellency, willpower, etc. to increase DV just a liiittle more. :)]The other two hang back, both raising their tail-weapons to fire. The barrels open, revealing an ominous red-orange glow in their depths, building quickly in heat and intensity...
Yaishin Higura
 player, 139 posts
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 17:28
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
As most of the group reaches and climbs into the lift, Higura turns his immediate attention to the wounded, and directs those carrying them to put them down side by side on the lift's floor. "Be careful when putting them down. I am not specialized in body medicine, but there are things I can do for them. Make certain you do not move them too much - they might have internal lesions and bleeding that might be exacerbated by it."

Once the wounded are on the floor, the doctor signals for those standing to make some space for him to work. The time is short, and he would not be able to do a heavy procedure on them, but he does make certain to check each one's pulse, their heart rate and their overall condition, before checking out their individual wounds. Carefully, Higura puts his full attention into seeing each wound as it is, its gravity and threat ratio, and works as quickly as able to patch things up.

He might not be able to fully heal them, but at the very least, he can stabilize their conditions and make certain they do not get any worse. With a methodical and precise approach that belies the tense situation he is currently in, Higura gets to work, making rudimentary bandages and splints where necessary and working his hardest to keep the Freerunners alive.

[Private to Gatekeeper: 12:27, Today: Yaishin Higura rolled 2 successes using 7d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 2,2,7,3,8,3,5. Int + Med (+1wp). ]
Talia Zerith
 player, 87 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 04:23
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
OOC: Yeah, I'll burn a wp.

Talia dodges back as the pincers brush across the front of her jacket.  "Are we about ready to get out of here?"
Gatekeeper
 GM, 1051 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 04:42
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Higura is at least able to get a basic idea of the state of the wounded Freerunners. He can at least ensure that neither are going to immediately die -- unless they're hit by another one of those beams.

[Private to Yaishin Higura: One has taken 8 Bashing, the other 6 Bashing. The one with 8 Bashing is unconscious and shows signs of internal bleeding. The other is just severely bruised and in pain, his body in a cold sweat from the effort to keep from crying out.

Higura does not think he can immediately stabilize the man in the few seconds he had to examine him, but he does not think that he will immediately die, either. Rather, there is a chance Wrack may be crippled upon reawakening unless he is healed by someone with supernatural ability.
]

At this point the only people still in the corridor are Talia, Irjin and his guardian elemental. Everyone else is partially covered by the lift. (+2 DV from cover, though having the others in front of them makes this more or less irrelevant)

The Scorpion Strikers, lacking any sort of sympathy or understanding of the situation beyond that there are unauthorized individuals using the lift, open fire with their tail weapons. The two pinpoints of light build to their peak of intensity, and twin beams of concussive force surge toward the two figures in front: the golem currently covering Irjin and the much more fragile Talia. The earthen construct raises its arms in front of its chest, to absorb or deflect the beam as best it can. Several alarmingly large chunks of stone flake off from its chest, forearms and shoulders from the impact, black as carbon.

[Private to Talia Zerith: All right and now you've got a 7 success beam coming at you. I'll say now that you do not want to block this with your fan -- since it's a mundane fan, the beam will simply burn it up. So you can only dodge.

Your Dodge DV is at the moment 4: (Dex 4 + Dodge 2 + Ess 3)/2 rounded up is 5, then a -1 from your previous attack because your DV has yet to refresh. So. That said you do have some options to make up the +3 DV you need. You could spend another WP and stunt the rest, a +2 stunt will do. You could also block with the fan *anyway*, and use First MA excellency, but then you'll definitely have to give it up, and so soon after you crafted it! ;.;

Ah, and if you decide to just take the damage, don't forget the Twilight Anima can help you soak.
]

As the smoke and haze clears from the barrage, Irjin finally shouts, "Talia! If you're all right over there, get to the lift now! Erythros, carry her if she can't move!" Erythros being the golem, most likely...
Talia Zerith
 player, 88 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 16:51
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
"This is gonna sting,"  Talia mutters as the beams charge.  "Sorry big guy."  With those words she spins quickly to the side, stopping behind the golem.  Her anima flares, the deep scarlet and violet fractal pattern branching and winding around her body.
"Stercus, stercus, stercus; moritatus sum."

[Private to GM: 1wp, 5m peripheral essence, and a desperate hope not to die... ;)]
Gatekeeper
 GM, 1059 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 20:43
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Talia steps behind the golem, glowing with sunset Essence. Prayer, swiftness and Erythros' bulk are all that can save her from the red-hot essence blast. At the last moment she reflexively shuts her eyes as her anima brightens, enfolding her protectively.

The heat of the blast washes over her, pushing her backward and nearly knocking her over. Her skin is surely scalded, the hairs on her body seared, her insides pulped and broken...

But when she opens her eyes, she feels no pain at all. She is whole and unharmed.

[Private to Talia Zerith: Well, I decided I'd give you a stunt die just for being bold enough to go up against these odds at all. And you got a 10! So your WP + that 1 die saved you from all damage. ;)

Also, I'm assuming you run, to save time. I ... don't think you'd have a reason not to.
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:47, Thu 02 July 2009.

Gatekeeper
 GM, 1061 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Thu 2 Jul 2009
at 20:51
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Again Irjin urges Talia to move back. Erythros dematerializes, dissolving into a fine crystallized sand which itself disappears into nothingness. Without the golem in position, only empty space lies between the three Scorpions, Irjin and Talia.

The Freerunner leader's spell reaches its culmination, and he unleashes it, calling forth a chilling, deafening howl at a point between the three hostile machines. The sonic attack smashes forcefully into their armored plates -- not breaking them, but penetrating right through them to disrupt the sensitive machinery within. In the small window of seconds the stunning effect earns them, Irjin pulls Talia with him and joins the others in the loaded lift.

"I have to say this wasn't QUITE the way I envisioned this to go," Irjin says breathlessly, manipulating the lift controls. The glowing doors slide smoothly closed, and the lift platform begins to rise, carrying the Exalts and Freerunners to the levels above.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:26, Sat 04 July 2009.

Saina Nanaret
 player, 195 posts
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 12:14
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Now that the immediate threat seems to be averted, Nanaret lets her wary, serpentine stance relax slightly... for now. She folds her serpent-sting staff in one hand and looks askance at Irjin.

"Then what you did expect? I hope there no more unpleasant surprises upstairs."

Her critical gaze fixes on Talia, though her words are not quite so harsh. "And you are crazy. But good you are safe. These wounded ones here... could have been you." Her dark eyes flick towards the two heavily wounded Freerunners laid as comfortably as they can be in the cylindrical chamber, now that it is rising.
Talia Zerith
 player, 90 posts
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 23:01
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
"Crazy?  Probably.  But I gave careful consideration to the odds."  A grin flashes across her face.  "And then I did it anyway."

She shrugs, then continues, more quietly.  "Besides, I feel like I haven't really been a lot of help.  I knew I could probably buy a few seconds and come out of it alive-- unscathed was honestly more then I had hoped for.  But as long as I could keep the heat off of the wounded long enough to get everyone clear, I figured it was worth it.  Speaking of which--" She turns now to the doctor.  "Can I offer you a hand?"
Saina Nanaret
 player, 196 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 00:37
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
"Hmmmm." Nanaret tilts her head as she continues to gaze at Talia, as if seeing the woman in a new light. Fortunately, it seems to be a good light. Even a respectful one. "Maybe is reason you fit so well with Freerunners."

Nodding at Talia's desire to help the group, she adds helpfully, "Higura is more of mind healer than body healer. Perhaps you help better."
Yaishin Higura
 player, 142 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 05:33
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
With the danger passing for now, Higura manages to breathe a sigh of relief. It has been a close call, but they seem to have made it... The Freerunners having apparently taken the brunt of the strike. Kneeling besides one of the wounded, Higura continues to watch over them and monitoring their conditions.

At Nanaret's interrogation of Irjin, Higura stands up to place a hand on the Lunar's shoulder, squeezing gently in a gesture of comfort. "Miss Nanaret - I understand your rage and your mistrust of these people. But I ask that for now, we hold out hostility for our hosts, until given reasons otherwise... We are soldiers on the same side, for the moment at least."

"I know you also wish to keep me safe. And I am deeply touched by the gesture, I assure you - I treasure it deeply. But I believe that for us to pull through, we will need more allies, and the Freerunners might just be the comrades we have been looking for. I know trust is something difficult for you, and thus I will not ask you to trust them. But if you cannot have faith in them... Please have faith in me, Nanaret." The doctor smiles to the Lunar, and perhaps there are things this smile can say that words otherwise cannot.

Similarly to Nanaret, Higura does see a new facet of Talia he had not seen beforehand  - not that he had no faith in the woman's abilities, of course. But the way she handled the situation, although it was rather dangerous, did bear its fruits. Perhaps she has not yet been given the chance she deserves, the doctor thinks.

"Yes, I would gladly accept assistance. I am not a physician by trade, as Nanaret said - minds are my specialty. Therefore, I might require your talents in healing these poor fellows. Especially Mister Wrack, here." Higura points to the critically injured Freerunner, kneeling besides him once more. "My diagnostic shows he likely suffers from internal bleeding - but I can assume that without supernatural healing, he might suffer dire consequences. I believe I stabilized him enough that he will not die, but he might be crippled upon awakening, unless you or someone with supernatural healing talents can assist him."

Higura turns back to Talia, and nods confidently at her. "Please, let me know if I can help in any fashion. I can still serve as an assistant, if you need it."

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:43, Sat 04 July 2009.

Ledaal Xurizu
 player, 184 posts
 No Moon Lunar
 Sorcerer and Test Subject
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 12:02
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Xurizu stands around feeling not that much use right now.  He's no healer, unfortunately.  If anything, his talents lie in completely the opposite direction.  And now is not the time to apply those.

"Higura is right, Nanaret," Xurizu says.  "You were the one who warned they might not accept us immediately.  Though, nothing quite goes to plan, it seems..." he gestures to the scorch marks left over.

He turns his attention on Irjin. "Like Nanaret, I'm curious as to what you did have planned though.  And ... you said those scorpion guardians typically operate in the Fire district?  Have you ever seen them this low down below.  That is ... slightly concerning."
Gatekeeper
 GM, 1071 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 17:13
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Irjin does not speak again for a time, content to listen to the sound of the lift humming, and to the voices of his allies-to-be. The bespectacled beastman inclines his head appreciatively to the Celestials: Talia for her concern over the safety of his comrades, and Higura and Xurizu for speaking on behalf of giving them the benefit of the doubt. "Do not worry. I take no offense to Nanaret's caution. In fact the Boss fairly warned us that our methods may well provoke a fight. I do not doubt what the results would have been..." He grins wryly, his muzzle once again baring those sharp rows of teeth.

At one point the lift shudders and nearly stops. A sharp THUD is heard from below and the platform trembles. Keeping his face neutral, Irjin turns to address Xurizu's inquiry.

"To explain the situation, we will be entering on the outskirts of the major city on Floor B23, the City of Pasiap's Resolve. Specifically the South Sector, which is primarily industrial in purpose."

The Freerunner leader taps the lift control, until finally the lift ceases its stuttering and continues its way upward.

"The situation there is... well let us say, tense is an understatement. Now, to allay any potential protests, this was not originally my idea. This lift is simply in the vicinity and well, the Boss thought that if you're worth your mettle, the situation will not be any trouble for you. That said -- the workers of South Sector 5 have been showing signs of unrest for some time. And we have heard reports the Peace Force will, or may already be sending a deterrence team down to, ah, deal with them."

"And you might guess, we will have to move through Sector 5 one way or another, to rendezvous with the Boss. For now we'll be entering one of our guarded shelters -- there should be space to give Wrack and Nelly a proper look."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:16, Sat 04 July 2009.

Saina Nanaret
 player, 197 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 18:03
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Nanaret, faced with the well-meaning opinions of Higura and Xurizu, tightens her jaw and looks away briefly. Her shoulder in Higura's grip is taut from her mixed concern and agitation, though the tightly wound muscles relax noticeably at his touch. "Very well. I mean no harm, but understand, as one who work with trickery, I too must suspect those who may do the same."

"I do trust you, Doctor Higura," she adds gruffly, and leans against his hand briefly before straightening, lowering her weapon. "No question for that."

"So another dangerous situation... Mmmm. Are Freerunners involved in inciting this unrest, then? We are... expected to help on the workers' side?"
Gatekeeper
 GM, 1075 posts
 Exalted Storyteller
 Five Coils Artificer
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 20:28
Re: Floor B25 - District of Earth, Freerunner Meeting
Once again the lift shudders and slows... this time coming to a complete stop. The panel, glowing with white Essence, flickers for a moment. The overhead lights flicker as well. A dull thumping sound continues from further below.

"Hold that thought," Irjin says quickly, holding his hand up to Nanaret, and once again fiddles with the panel. "Open up," he mutters, as if talking to it might help.

Or perhaps it does, because a couple seconds later, the concave doors slide open, revealing an entirely different passage beyond. This one is neither the packed earth and stone of a mine tunnel, nor the cold, hard adamant expected in a Technician's Guild or a the halls of a Control Floor. These walls are primarily crumbling brick, revealed behind peeling, cracking paint that may have once been white before neglect and the ravages of time did their damage. The floor is stone tile. Some sort of building?

"If you can help carry the wounded... I'll show you where they can be taken. We'll talk some more there." Irjin steps through the open lift door.



OOC: Speeding along a bit again, mostly because the lift only goes 2 floors. :P So, continue posting in the new thread once I have created it (Floor B23 - City of Pasiap's Resolve, South Sector 5)