Ironmound...The City.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
sabres Inn
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 04:38
Re: Ironmound...The City
  a few Minutes  later,   Ivy waved he r up   at the   next reel and  did a reasonable  dance, considering his  pack  was still on his back, His Bow   and quiver  at the table  with the barkeep  watching over it.

  People were  clapping   and  folks   singing along  with the folk tune,  Just as a second One  started, a  fellow  with a  slim, trimmed  mustache  and   pointed  tuft of hair on his chin ,called out  for the Music to stop,

   He tossed the Barkeep a small pouch of Coin.....Drinks on me Until that pouch runs out!

   Some people   cheered..others  simply  finished the drink they had and turned thier Mugs upside down.

 Ivy  eyed the fellow...You lost?....I hear the Tou folk are hiding under their beds in the guest chambers of the Palace...

 The  fellow snorted  as he  took off his riding gloves , one finger at  a time...That they are, My pointed eared friend..

 ..I have  no  friends in Tou...

 the man shook his head..about half the people went for the free drinks.. the other have, flat out refusing to even look at the bar.

 Holding  one removed  Glove, he pointed at Ivy.....you wear the  Arrow?... I am seekign the one calle dKree..he is  pointed eared as  well..is that not so?

 Ivy's  eyes  narrrowed  ,Look... Horse humper? If you want me to kill you?  just say so..i'm running out of night...

 the man chuckled in his chest...I seek this Kree?..he killed  a couisn of mine outside the walls..and his ....indifference ..to my city makes   a matter of honor, you see...

 Ivy started to laugh. others  around  picked up on the laughter... The fellow  looked  around , holding out both hands with a  perplexed  look....I said somehting  amusing?

 ..yes?  You used  Honor  and Tou in the same sentence....more laughter..

  The Mans  stern look  as he  sipped from a  glass the bar  Keep had, handed over to him.Careful?..I never fight  more the one Honor   battle a day?.. You will have to wait your turn...

 ..go back to your Mare....You want to cross blades  with Kree?..you best do some research first..and if  wish to fight me first?  you'll never see Kree..

 People watched, the  fellow  scanned them.. seeing loathing from some, Amusement form others.. and in a handful..some eagerness.

 The fellow finished his  drink, and handed the glass to the person who handed it to him.....I am to Find this Kree before he   reaches the Palace tomorrow,,,

 ..he's  at the 'Walk The Plank..'..go there..announce  that you are lookign for him and why?.. I'm sure someone will point him out to you...then? about  10 minutes later, You'll be sitting in the alley, waiting for a ride on the Orc cart.

 Even  as Ivy said that,. the Little Girl took another piece of   sweetbread,  and seemed to melt   in the   crowd, but the door  could be seen  opening.

 ..Thank you... I think i shall do that...perhaps   this...Kree..person has not  had  rest yet..or..maybe is deep in his cups, and will make my night's  work a bit faster...
The fellow   waves his  hands to everyone....enjoy your drinks.. perhaps I will return  and dance   some of these  base  dances with you all...

 he walked out  of the   Sabre Inn...

 one of the  'neardrunks' said,you'er a real hard one , you are.. you sent   him to the heart of the  Red Arrows.. to kill the CAptain of yer own unit!

 Ivy looked  at the man with  comic looked of being perplexed ,..did I?.. damn... ah well.. you know us  pointed Ears.. so flighty..

 people laughed   and the Music  started   again..
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 77 posts
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 04:54
Re: Ironmound...The City
It was clear that Tyri was in her element, giving herself to the music and dancing along to the beat. She danced with Ivy, heavily flirting with teasing touches. There was a slight glint of anger when the call for the music to stop was called out, her naturally turning to see who interrupted her fun. It was a look that she didn't often wear but it promised certain death nonetheless. "He will be sorely mistaken if he thinks that Kree will make anything easy for him..." she muttered with a pout. That dark look quickly melted as the music started, a grin spreading on her lips as she pulled Ivy back to dance with her.
sabre inn
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 05:12
Re: Ironmound...The City
  Ivy   fully relaxed now, he picked up on those in the bar who had supported him, and others who did not, he  felt at ease enough for them to relax  for an hour or so...
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 78 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 03:03
Re: Ironmound...The City
"Having fun?" she asked between dances, leaning up against Ivy though making it a point to press up against him, her lips brushing against his earlobe.
sabres Inn
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 04:17
Sabre
  Ivy  holds her  a bit tight as soft  chuckle in his throat,..I always enjoy myself.I'm the fun cousin...remember?

 he leads her  abck to thier  Table  to sit  for another  drink...we should be  returning to The Plank, soon.
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 79 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 04:21
Sabre
"Aye you are the fun one...but I don't want to return yet..." she murmured, settling on his lap once again and lightly nuzzling his neck.
sabres Inn
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 15:03
Sabre
  Ivy   smiled    , even  as he  gave her  a kiss on the neck, his eyes  swept the   people aroudn them...most didn't pay too much  notice of them..Others   watched and  talked softly  to eat other.

 Meanwhile the bards played  and others   danced..

 .. as it is?... we might  have  another hour?... but  it  would be good to have a Bow outside The Plank incase the fellow   brought  help
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 80 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 16:40
Sabre
The kiss sent a shiver down her spine, her fingers lightly tightening their grip on his shoulders as she lightly nipped his earlobe. "Fine...we can go...but you owe me...it's not nice to leave a girl in want..." she purred as she reluctantly stood up from his lap.
Tyri
Sun 14 Jun 2020
at 03:56
Sabre
   Ivy  gave her a wink as he   slipped on his  quiver and  flicked a coin to the Barkeep,..But  that's the trick, Aye?.. leave them wanting more?... The ones who come back, you know are real.. those who do not?.. you did not miss anything?

   As they  walked up The Street of Pleasure.. a fellow  Bumped int to Ivy, his   voice was  soft and low......some Mercs looking for extra coin got hired  to help his lordship kill your Captain...

 Ivy slipped  a coin into His hand   as he psuhed the man  away, acting as if he was disgusted  by the 'drunk'..

 ..how much of a run , you have in you?
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 81 posts
Sun 14 Jun 2020
at 04:05
Sabre
"Oh my dear...well...I suppose I will have to give you a taste of your own medicine," she gave him a mischievous grin as he grabbed his gear. Once outside, Tyri skipped along, humming softly when the 'drunk' bumped into Ivy. His next choice of words after ridding himself of the man were curious. "If you are asking about my stamina...I have plenty..."
running
Sun 14 Jun 2020
at 04:27
Sabre
  ..Then? Let us get to runnign, we'll tale  some short cuts.. i fear we will not be there for the start..but  we may help end it!

 he   started to  sprint,  ,  lokign back now and again to  see if she was  with him
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 82 posts
Sun 14 Jun 2020
at 04:46
Sabre
Tyri ran along with him, letting him take the lead and doing her best to keep up, the bells from her anklets ringing out with each step. Of course there was a sense of urgency there but she remained calm and collected as they ran.
Tyri
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 01:40
Sabre
   Once the Pair  sprinted over the Bridge, some of the guards   watching them, Ivy reached  an arm  back   as he    cut to the south to run through trees of the orchards, and  such, heading towards the   Lights of the Main Docks...

  ..damn bloody  city... more people in inside this  chicken coop then there are in the Rest of Laynak!....

 they were a  bit away  yet,,,but  gettign closer  with  each step.

  The guards , watchign Ivy  lead   the woman into the dark , off the streets,, chuckled among themselves.
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 83 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 00:05
Sabre
"And here I thought you liked the city," she chuckled as she took ahold of his hand. She had made minor note of the guards but they weren't actively trying to stop them so she thought that she didn't really need to worry.
Tyri
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 01:05
Sabre
 Ivy   Runs..now  and then using his  night sight  as he  says'  Jump".... "left"... "ditch"

 In between  his  voice   is  getting cold and a bit stern,....I like Pubs... Like  striking from the shadows... I like  filling the orc Cart  when scum who try to waylay working folks , rather then fat merchants... I did not   stop to think the idiot  would  hire  hungry Mercs....should have  cut  his throat  , right outside the Sabre's inn!...

  Ivy  stopped   where   the  stream from the lake  emptied  into The Storm.. he looked at the water, cursing   the serpents  and the gods who made them.. two  mean where on the 'dock's side" of the  stream...

 HAIL!....  I needs get across  and to The PLank!... I'll give  you each a Silver if you get us   there... get us there In  under  2 minutes   Ill give you each a Gold!

 He  Held up his Pouch..  As the  two night fisher man Jumped up to the Row  boat, Ivy pointed grimly at a Tou Trooper who was talking  two three   Mercs  and Pointing up the Docs to the Plank..  already people from the ships  and shut were running in that direction

 ..this goes  deeper then some  fop losing his head outside the walls.
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 84 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 04:06
Sabre
She follows his directions easily, her own elven vision aiding in that. Noting the change in his tone, she said softly, "Should haves steal one's peace of mind. It is what it is and you just roll with the punch so to speak." She came skidding to a stop where Ivy did, looking out to the water with a frown. Eyes darted around, trying to figure out something when Ivy already presented a solution. When he pointed out the Tou trooper, Tyri frowned deeply, something that seemed almost foreign to her normal joivial features. "Wait...Ivy...what is happening?" Was this the reason those guards did not try to stop them?
Tyri
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 04:36
Sabre
  The Boat bumped against ther   banck,  , Ivy helped  Tyri in , then followed  in, He  drew  and  Arrow  and ncoked it...lookign  i the water  as they  moved.

  He fired  the arrows into the  water  , the water  exploded   with a speared  Serpent..., the   man at the tiller   handed  Ivy the Gaff... he  Pulled it in.. already the boat  was bumping  from other serpents  that came because of the blood in the water..

 ..There you go...almost a  3  foot beast..should  fetch you some  count..and?  you get your   nets out  fast enough. might be able to get a few others...

  when they got out, Ivy  gave  each fisherman a gold coin , they  thanked him and  tossed thier nets to see if they could get more of the  money making serpents.

 as they went up the slop towards the end of the docks,..the arrows have to  sloops here... i don't think its  happenstance that this Tou scum his here  with  3 more mercs...

 ..there  are  3 types of  guards..... The City watch?.. who tramp aroudn  and Look important..they only react to trouble..they never stop it from happening..... Then you got Iron mound regulars...They do the same thing, but they will as soon as  kill you then capture you.... the Last  is the Gate Guards.. they  worry about those massiave   gate son the river, and the main entrance, they will keep you out of the city, if they have the slightest  doubt, that you should be there.
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 85 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 04:58
Sabre
"I do have a dagger," she said softly as they continued on their way on the opposite bank. "I am not entirely sure how...helpful I will be but I will do my best...I work better in the shadows and from a distance but I can try to utilize my abilities and get in some sneak attacks." Her voice was low as she thought about the risks but this was her new family so she would protect them much the same way as she would her gypsy troupe. "All I wanted was to have some fun...get a good fuck...but no..." she grumbled.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:06, Fri 19 June.

Tyri
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 18:33
Sabre
  Ivy   looked to her  as  they moved slowly up the Bank, towards the Docks.

  ..if you can us e my Bow?..I can get closer with my sword.....if  you can't   I have a  Poinard...and I have  4 throwing daggers?

  The fisherman  were  laughing  at thier Luck... each got a gold piece..they got a free serpent !  and now they were netting some  smaller  ones  with thier  cast nets...

  Ivy  shook his head   as  the moved up in the dark.....it is plain, That the Tou trooper is  from a high house.... and the Mercs are not from  'The Mound'..none of them  even have taken a glance at the  splashed  those  fishermen  are making?.... Serpernts  are  worl  alot of coin...pretty close to 1 Gold per inch... it cause s many  folks to watch  fishermen who, The Sisters smiled on with thier  catch... The Tou person would  know that, because of thier lake and river.... the Mercs, would not care at all , unless they were from the city.
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 86 posts
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 00:10
Sabre
She had been unaware that he had been looking at her until they made it to the top of the bank, blinking a bit in surprise. "Oh...I can use a bow but...aren't you better at that than the sword?" It was an honest question and she didn't want to put him in any unnecessary danger, that concern reflecting in her icy blue eyes. "Well...I suppose we will make them pay for the...invasion...oh and...here," she suddenly moved in front of him, took a hold of the front of his tunic and pulled him in close, giving him a deep lingering kiss. "You owe me a night," she grinned when she pulled back. Chuckling softly, she turned back in the direction they were headed.
Tyri
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 01:15
Sabre
I am better  with the Bow then the Blade.. but i am better in the dark  then those up on the Dock.

  his hands squeezed her    hips as she Kissed  him... then he  chuckles  as he handed her his Bow and quiver.

  Bring the Tou  fellow  down he  ge makes  to Move... I will  Come up  under the  Mercs..If they  do not move,  wait until my attack

 eh starts  to move and Looks  back with a  grin and aa shrug,..try not to shoot me..
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 87 posts
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 01:38
Sabre
Tyri snickered. "Oh come now...my aim is not that bad but if I do...I am sure I can find a way to make it up to you." She took the quiver with a wink and adjusted the straps to where she could wear it around her hips which was more natural for her, and shouldered the bow. "Be safe." With a smile, Tyri moved into a more appropriate position.
Tyri
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 19:12
Sabre
   Up the  docks    the should  of   breaking Glass,  screams from  surprised  passerbys

 The Tou Officer  heard a   high pitched whistle.. ..They Need Us Now....

 Ivy    hissed like a serpent , his  Blade swung in a Low  arc, takign one of the guards  leg at the Knee... he screamed  and  fell the two others   turned on Him.. the Tou officer  was getting ready to run
Tyri Shadowhand
 player, 101 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 19:17
Sabre
Tyri quickly removed the bow from her shoulder and notched an arrow, taking a bead on the officer, watching the way his body moved. Being a dancer, she could detect the shift in his weight and before he could even lift a foot to run, she let her arrow fly.
donsr
 GM, 1626 posts
 DM
 Ironguard
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 02:42
Sabre
Move to  "Docks thread"