Caravan road.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
donsr
 GM, 991 posts
 DM
 Ironguard
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 23:53
Caravan road
  Waiting for the 2 wagons,didn't take as long as they thought. Two wagons a driver and the merchant in the front..a driver and crossbowman in the second.....

 Kree pointed to Lucy to take point. Lafisual Into the grasses o the left..Diana to the grass on the right...He nodded to Rolf to The rear.

Kree a d Ivy walked on the left side... Brie and Luthien on the right.

Captain....it is said,you do not change your tactics,do you  not fear,enemies surprising you?

I do not change for fear...I will change when I need to.

The merchant thought for a moment, ..and..Captain....if you are killed?

Kree smiles,then?...I will no longer need.....

Ivy grinned at this,as chewed on a caffee stick.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 203 posts
Tue 9 Aug 2016
at 03:48
Caravan road
This was the first chance that Brie had a normal chance to speak with the godly one, Luthien.

This will be quite different not traveling with the others, she said and asked at the same time.

She kept her bow ready, but an arrow in her quiver ready to draw at a new curious sound.
Luthien
 player, 668 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Wed 10 Aug 2016
at 00:06
Caravan road
"But perhaps more efficient. All the same, I feel I am still needed with the original team."

Two teams means twice as many contracts, overall.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 596 posts
 Drak Hunter
Wed 10 Aug 2016
at 00:38
Caravan road
Small talk filled some Time between the sound of rolling wheels and clatter of equipment.

..Tell me master ..merchant ...will any of these goods find their way to my people, in the Blacktimber...

..well, Good Captain....There is concerns about your attacks on  certain business men...we stop at Tou and let them sell to you...

..slavers you mean .My cousin  and I were in o. A number of those.....but that is fine the Sand people pay good gold for elven bows and bLades...their silver and fruits are favorites of ours,as well the dark tar we use as fire balls..

those weapons are used against the e.life...and the Sand Raiders..who take slaves  both on the caravan routes and the coast with their fast ships...


..My people need trade..dwarves and humans make weapons that slavers  and the Hargen  kingdom but we  do something they do not.

what is that?

..if we find a slaver..with a Blacktimber weapon,we  kill them with it..slowly.....
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 342 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 16 Aug 2016
at 20:27
Caravan road
Rolf moves along to the rear of the caravan, his long strides keeping pace with the wagons without undue effort.  In fact, left to his own, Rolf would move along at a somewhat faster pace.  So plodding along in the wake, Rolf's eyes range over the flank and to either side, though he also keeps an eye on the teamsters whenever he can spare it.  Not everyone who hires the Arrows do so with pure intentions.
To Tou
Tue 16 Aug 2016
at 21:49
Caravan road
 The group moves along.... up ahead  Lucy sees a rather ragged  fellow sitting off to the side,at what looks to be a road side stop for foot traffic.

  He sees the point man and stands....bowing his head and holding out a battered tin cup.
Luthien
 player, 672 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Tue 16 Aug 2016
at 22:45
Caravan road
Almsgiving is one of the virtues of a Knight, and knowing a beggar when he sees one, Luthien tosses a silver piece therein.
Lucy
 player, 195 posts
Wed 17 Aug 2016
at 07:50
Caravan road
Lucy is on alert for any potential threat.
For the moment she ignores the beggar, her attention further down the road where she saw some movement.
Lafisual
 player, 192 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 03:01
Caravan road
Lafisual tries to look back at the group casually so that the beggar can't see since he is already bowing and gesture a warning to stop moving for a bit and then tries to nod at what he is seeing.  He then tries to sneak up to where he can see what the disturbance is with his bow ready.
to tou
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 12:40
Caravan road
  Kree picks up the Motion of  Lafisual, he  turns  and whispers  some thing to Ivy who Nods , then  looks at his  Boot and  Crouches   as the wagons  roll by, looking towards  Rolf..When  he catches  Rolf's eye, he   gives a Quick Jerk of his head to Laf's  side of the road.

 The Wagoneer begins  to slow  as  Lucy passes the  Beggar,  But Kree says,Keep Moving, Unitl you are  two wagon lenghts  past the Begger..and...do not act, overly alarmed.

 Kree gives a Simple whistle to Luthien as he approaches the beggar, anf Hopes that Dianna and Brie  pick up on it.
Diana Hunt
 player, 252 posts
Thu 18 Aug 2016
at 16:21
Caravan road
Diana approached the beggar with renewed caution.  She was going to toss him a gold or two, but now  thought better of it.

Now, she approached as if she was going to give some gold, but her hand was within easy reach of her blade over her coin purse.
Luthien
 player, 673 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 19 Aug 2016
at 00:13
Caravan road
Luthien's innate compassion was mostly about done before he got whistled at. Still...he pauses, and backs up...and then concentrates...
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 204 posts
Fri 19 Aug 2016
at 02:32
Caravan road
Brie sees Kree whispering to their others.  She steps along quickly to keep pace with the others.  She keeps attentive and listens.
to tou
Fri 19 Aug 2016
at 02:46
Caravan road
   She  Sees   Ivy stand Up  as if fussing with his Boot,  As Rolf  Gets  closer  he  says, with his head down.Lafisual has seen something, the  wagons are going pass the pandhandler  for a bit...be  Ready..

 Kree stops  a few steps from the  beggar as the second  wagon pulls  past  him, he looks back  towards  Ivy  as  if he is angered at waiting...

  Lafisual hears. more then sees  the rustle

 meanwhile the beggar holds out his  Bowl...
Lafisual
 player, 193 posts
Fri 19 Aug 2016
at 03:11
Caravan road
Lafisual tries to remain as if he hasn't seen anything while motioning to Kree and anyone else looking just where the rustling is coming from.
to tou
Sat 20 Aug 2016
at 23:45
Caravan road
  The wagons  roll to a stop  the Beggar looks at them, as if he is surprised.....


   there is a lot of rustle  by Lafisual  and he  can make  out  lines in the  grasses  headed towards the road.
Lafisual
 player, 194 posts
Sun 21 Aug 2016
at 02:21
Caravan road
Still trying to be discrete but also making sure at least Kree sees what is going on, Lafisual points to the rustling and motioning the direction it's going. He then tries to follow it to the road bow ready.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 205 posts
Sun 21 Aug 2016
at 23:36
Caravan road
Brie is looking around and notices that Lafisual is making small motions and she slowly glides over with how in ready to figure out what he's seeing.
to Tou
Mon 22 Aug 2016
at 02:18
Caravan road
   With  a nod Of His  Head  to Ivy , Kree turns  with his Bow  in hand, his shoudlers   slightly facing  towards  Lafisual.

 Ivy  Moves up hup, his Boy  in hand, as if trying to catch up to the wagons

 Rolf  a bit  behind.

  Kree says to the Beggar,..you have   either Vexed Eta or Neta  this  day....

 His  eyes  grew  wide and he  started  to run into the grasses... the same  grasses the Movement   came  from....
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 206 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 03:35
Caravan road
Brie looks around and scans the area as Kree takes off.  She finds a tree and begins climbing it and on a steady branch high enough to look out and get a clear view, she readies her bow and begins searching for what Kree may be after.
road
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 12:42
Caravan road
   About the Time  Kree  speaks to the beggar,...

   Brie does   find  one of the  few trees that grow along the Grassland  road, she  scrambles Up in time to see 6 lines that lead to fast moving  bodies that are nearing the  road.

  The Merchant is looking around with a hand crossbow, while the other 'shotgun' Rider  has his   weapon up,his extra height as he stands on the  wagon, gives him a wee bit of a view  from the  'lines'.

  Lafisual...seems , not to be Noticed.

 Diana.. turns her  Horse  towards the Lines   that started to move, on her side of the road.

 Lucy from her mount  can see the lines  from Laf's side of the  road,the wagons  Block her  view of Diana's  Side

  Ivy   Says  to Rolf , you take the   the right with Diana, I will take the left with Lafisual...

 Kree's  Gaze Levels  at the Beggar,You have a chance,.... call them off..or  die  with them? regardless of how the battle plays out?.. you will not live to see the end.....
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 343 posts
 Human Ranger
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 20:15
Caravan road
What with the halt, Rolf takes the opportunity to string his bow.  He goes about making sure the string is unfrayed and serviceable, that the stave is in good working order.  It seems ready for battle, as Rolf himself is.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 207 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 02:01
Caravan road
With bow and arrow readied, Brie examines the moving creatures in the grass and fires at the closest target towards her.
to Tou
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 02:27
Caravan road
 from Brie's vantage point, she can see  two smaller cat folk and  a human on her side, On Laf's side  she can see one taller  cat folk, but  can't tell what the toher  2  are.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 208 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 02:32
Caravan road
Brie starts firing on the cat closer to Laf's side so that he doesn't get surprise attacked.
Luthien
 player, 677 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 04:38
Caravan road
Luthien sighs...

"Can't even give to the poor anymore without it being a trap."

The Knight draws his sword...and when the enemy comes, he'll cover the archers and provide a wall for them to shoot behind.
Lucy
 player, 196 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 20:29
Caravan road
In reply to Luthien (msg # 26):

Lucy dismounted, pausing to sniff the air.  She caught the familiar smell, and only grinned.  This was going to be fun.

She drew her blade and crept into the grass, moving slowly, stalking her prey.  She could tell she was close by the scent.  If the wind held, she would have this catfolk piece of shit in seconds.

Then the wind broke.

"Shit." She cursed to herself.
Lafisual
 player, 197 posts
Tue 30 Aug 2016
at 23:45
Caravan road
Lafisual will attack the closest target with his bow if Kree is unable to get them to call it off.
to Tou
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 01:51
Caravan road
    About the  Time  Lucy Saw the nearest CAt folk on the right hand side of the road. The  Cat Folk Turned  and Met her  square  up, In was a Lynx  and carried  two sharp shortswords..

  Brie's  Arrow hissed passed  Laf   and  the Human near where it Lands Shouted as he  stood  , revealing his head.

 The two  cat folks with him, ( left hand side of the Road) charged  Out towards the wagons.

  The  Fellow  who stood is about  10 yards infront of Laf.

 Kree looks at the Begger and says,Lay down and stay down, until this is over......
 he  draws   and arrow   and brings it up as the CAts run to the  wagons.

 Ivy is  running forward  with his  bow  up as well.


  Diana sees the charge   as  one cat  folks  heads into a fight  with Lucy, a Human and another  cat folks  Burst from the grass and heads to the second  wagon

  Rolks is coming up on the right  side.

 Luthien is....
Diana Hunt
 player, 254 posts
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 04:57
Caravan road
In reply to to Tou (msg # 29):

Diana drew and fired her bow, at the closest catfolk charging the wagon.  She would fire twice, aiming for center mass.
Lucy
 player, 197 posts
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 05:18
Caravan road
Lucy grinned a tooth grin at the Lynx.

<time to die, pussy cat.> She said in feline, using the derogatory "pussy cat" at the Lynx.  She was half hoping that the cat got angry and charged recklessly.

She took defensive stance, and prepared for the Lynx.
Luthien
 player, 678 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 06:14
Caravan road
Luthien is closing to melee with the catfolk, meaning to wield his blade with the strength he's known for.
Lafisual
 player, 198 posts
Fri 2 Sep 2016
at 14:23
Caravan road
Lafisual shoots at the closest hostile target.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 209 posts
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 02:00
Caravan road
With Lafisual after the first target, she goes after the second closest one.
to Tou
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 02:37
Caravan road
     Lucy ... and   The   Lnyx  meet  Hard, the smaller  creature  Leaps On her  and  The  Both   Tumble to the    Ground, Lost in the   High Grass, Both take wounds, ..Lucy  can fee a  deep burn in her left thigh

 Diana's  .... shafts  hiss through the air  and slam into the Back of the  2nd Cat Folk.. the  creature   Drops  to the  grasses

 Laf's... catches the  surprised   ambusher, by surprise again... the  Cat  folk goe s down  as it tries to reach the wagons,

 Ivy"s  arrow  Finishes  the  wounded creature off.

  Brie... hit s the Human that is the second  attacked up, the   Man grasps  he's belly and  screams, falling, just onto, the  road.

  Rolf,....  charging up the right side of the wagons Brings  His   Bow  up and sends   a shaft into the Human that came out  of the  grasses, the  Felow Fell with  an arrow  in his side, he was writhing In pain on in the Dust

 Luthian... Meets the last attacker on the  right hand side, It was not prepared for   a heavy armored  Man as  both its blades struck Luthien, But his   Balde  Cut the smaller  creature   , almost in half.

 Kree   Looked  down at the Beggar,something  you wish to tell us  about this?

  Lucy is   thrashing around in the  high grasses  with the Lynx...

  there is a Human  down on the  right hand  side  screaming
Lucy
 player, 198 posts
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 01:25
Caravan road
Lucy felt the claws with from the Lynx cut into her thigh.  She ignored the pain for the moment.  She retaliated with a claw attack of her own, plus she also went for a bite on the Lynx's exposed throat.

Failing an opening there, she used the Lynx's weight against it, rolling to her right.  As they rolled, she looked for an opening, to rip with her claws, and an opening of the neck area to bite with.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 210 posts
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 02:54
Caravan road
One, she murmered to herself.  She grabbed another arrow and targeted the next fella.  She followed them for a moment before she shot off the next arrow.
Luthien
 player, 679 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Mon 5 Sep 2016
at 23:01
Caravan road
Luthien feels the blows against his armor...then again, that's what armor is there for. He turns his attention to the next, figuring his opponent will not move again thereafter.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 344 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 6 Sep 2016
at 12:57
Caravan road
Rolf draws another arrow, moving in to see if the man was going to stay down or not, if he has any weapons at hand.  He'd like to keep the man breathing, at least until they can question him, but if it was going to be too much a risk, then Rolf would put the fellow down.
to Tou
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 20:19
Caravan road
  The   Man  scrabbled   in the  dirt of the road, He Looked around  wide  eyed  as Rolf  strode  towards  Him.

 The Merchant in the first wagon  had  his  Crossbow  aimed at the wounded  man, who clawed at the  shaft in his Him.

  Lucky came out of the  Grass, some  blood from her  own wound , matting her  fur, along  with that of the , now  dead, Lynx.

  The rest of the  attackers  were dead, The Beggar Looked up at Kree, who showed no signs of mirth, or happiness at the  small Victory.

 ... tell me the story, of why you were  here, when they were.... and Keep in mind, there is still one  of them alive....

 The Beggar shook his head,i was one me way ta Bowshot, so's i could  try getting on a boat ta the coast... try ta  find a new life   out there...maybe  a fisherman.. or maybe , unloading boats.... but they said  fer  me  to  stand here... and   gets  some coin from you, and they was gonna ... he looked confused, then looked at  Kree,....said they was gonna take back what ws theirs..... an' if i  helped slow  ya  down.. i was  to get some coin.. ta help me  get to the coast.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 211 posts
Tue 13 Sep 2016
at 03:30
Caravan road
Once Brie saw that it was safe to get down, she slowly made her way down and towards Kree.

Sounds like a bunch of rubbish to me, she said as she caught the tail end of what the beggar had to say.  She remained quiet until he had completed his philandering.
to tou
Sat 17 Sep 2016
at 21:58
Caravan road
   Ivy Begins to search the Bodies. Kree Points to the merchant,  This  fellow  is  coming with us... if his  story is true? They we'll se3nd him down river on a ship... if its not   true... we'll do some fishing on the River Tou.....

 The Beggar looks  a bit frightened,..but..yer  a takin' me back ta the place i just left?

  There is a dark Glance  from Kree,Aye, that we are. If your story is true. we will get you passage as a deck hand ,oen way or the to her.. you'll work your  way to Ironmound, and should  make enough coin, to   do the same thing to Engar...after that?..it is up to you. Should you feel the work...beneth you? well... you can start walking again..AFTER..we reach Tou.

 The Beggar Nods  slowly  as he     is helped Up onto the top of the wagon were he is seated between some crates. The Merchant Looks disgusted.

 Once  all the weapons and coin is Gathered  from the Bodies, Kree has  Ivy take their heads and stack the bodies to one side, and the heads  next to them... one  Crimson Fletched arrow  sticking in the back of the topmost body, as a message.

 Kree calls out to Lucy,..You and Brie... take the wounded one  ,d eep into the Grass... question him about what they  were after...and what part the Beggar played.. you can then Kill him, or bring him along, depending on your own thoughts....

 to everyone else  he  waves forward. Let us get moving, I want to find a place to camp, before  it gets too dark
Luthien
 player, 680 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sun 18 Sep 2016
at 06:39
Caravan road
Luthien nods.

"Very well."

He's not speaking in the beggar's defense...what he'd seen suggested it's not the time for him to speak up.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 212 posts
Sun 18 Sep 2016
at 14:11
Caravan road
Brie nods and looks to Lucy.  Pick him up if you will, she said in a low tone.  Let's get this lil piggie to squeal.

She winks with a very neutral tone and passes the look onward as she begins walking into the thick grass.

Once she notices that Lucy and the wounded one were far out of sight of the rest of the group, she turns and pulls out a blade.  Yours or mine?  she mentions and brings up her fingers mimicking Lucy's claws.
Lucy
 player, 199 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 03:31
Caravan road
In reply to Brestine Darksbane (msg # 44):

Lucy shrugged.

"How about together on three." She said.  "Three."

With that, she winks at Bri, and swings her blade.
Lafisual
 player, 199 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 04:35
Caravan road
Lafisual moves along with the group remaining alert after doing a quick search of the fallen.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 213 posts
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 21:55
Caravan road
In reply to Lucy (msg # 45):

Sure! Brie said a bit more excited than she possibly should have.  On three, she had her blade out and in full motion to swing and let it land wherever it felt free.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 345 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 13:38
Caravan road
Always ready to take the fight to the Catfolk, Rolf's angered that he hadn't sent them to their deaths personally.  He does take the chance to verify that those about are dead, but otherwise ignores the dead.  He had thought to claim some arrows, but they seemed to be suited to the little bows they'd used, the shafts not long enough for his longbow.
to tou
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 13:45
Caravan road
  The wagons rolled on, with  the team spread out  as before. The merchant called  down,Captain?  You have been this ropad before..aye?

 Aye.... if we push hard,  we will reach a small rock  walled  stopping  point, we can defend that well, and we are close  enough to Tou, that they will see the campfires, and  send out a horse patrol.... I do not think it is a good risk to ride on through the night.

 The Merchant nooded  and said   no more.

...........

  Brie  and Lucy were with the wounded  man.. he was scared, and hurt as the two women  played with their  Blades.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 213 posts
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 01:14
Caravan road
Once Brie felt like she had deployed enough fear into the victim, she looked up to Lucy and bent down in front of the man.

So?  Tell me a bit about who you work for.  Why you were here?  Who your target or targets were?

This message was last updated by the player at 01:14, Wed 21 Sept 2016.

to tou
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 00:28
Caravan road
  The Human  looked wildly about,..our  Boss... the Older human..he made a deal with some  Merchant in Tou..supposed  to  kill that Merchant, and Get the goods.. our boss didn't say nothing  about  Mercs being with them!
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 214 posts
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 01:15
Caravan road
Brie raised the tip of her knife and began nicking at pieces of his flesh.

I have a high suspicion that there's more to the story than you are telling, she stopped the minute she saw or sensed him flinch.
to tou
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 02:07
Caravan road
  The man was scared and hurt,..no...no..that's all we know...boss said they never have guards....
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 215 posts
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 02:52
Caravan road
What does your boss look like?  How much did he promise you?

She leaned back and jabbed the knife into the ground near the man.
to tou
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 11:50
Caravan road
  He Looked at her with  a wrinkled  Brow, his eyes shifted to the  cat-woman-thing, then said,..Boss said... we'd  get paid when we came back with the goods...never  said how much..said it would be an easy raid.....but..you killed the boss...
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 216 posts
Thu 22 Sep 2016
at 01:09
Caravan road
Brie looked back towards Lucy when he said that they'd killed the boss.  Where did you meet up with him at? she asked.  She'd have to inquire with Kree which one was the boss.
to tou
Thu 22 Sep 2016
at 01:42
Caravan road
we've been runnin' the river  for the most part..sometimes  catch a merchant ship that pulled   to shore to get  fire wood, or dump off  soil buckets... we   worked our  way up Tou, and  our   Boss  went lookin' for jobs  while  we  checked out the inns...
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 217 posts
Thu 22 Sep 2016
at 01:49
Caravan road
Brie stood up from  her crouched position and looked down at the man.  Where was your next stop after this? she asked one last question before making a final decision.
to tou
Thu 22 Sep 2016
at 01:55
Caravan road
well?..we're  suppose ta go back to Tou.. and  Bossman was gonna have  us meet them, that hired us? But..well.. he's dead...

 again he looks  back and forth between the two women, he also added,..our  Boss.. he was pretty smart..he might have attacked   anyway...but he won't have..had he known there were Arrows here...
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 218 posts
Thu 22 Sep 2016
at 04:04
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 59):

Brie motioned for the man to get up.  "You have a new boss," she said firmly. " Me. You will walk along with our group and arrive in Tou.  You'll take me to the person who hired you.  You will tell them that I took charge of the group because your leader fell on my sword."

She looked over her shoulder at the group as they started moving on.  "If there are more of you, I'll kill them in front of you.  If you attempt to harm any of the arrows your head will hang from a limb on this trail."

She jerked the man up by his collar and brought him to her level.

"Am I clear?"
to tou
Thu 22 Sep 2016
at 04:20
Caravan road
 he looks at  Brie, his Brow is wrinkled in confusion, his  eyes  full of fear,...what do you not understand?...... You killed my boss.... it was he, who set the deal... not of us know who it is?
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 219 posts
Sat 24 Sep 2016
at 02:42
Caravan road
Brie grimaced as she had nearly turned to make her way back to the marching line.  Her scowl apparent across her softly lit skin.

You, apparently, don't keep tabs on your boss and his dealings and associates, she said firmly.  Eh?  If that is the case, the I'll end your life here and now, as it is quite obvious that you are of no use to me and mine.
to tou
Sat 24 Sep 2016
at 03:02
Caravan road
  The Guy looked at5 her, he was  still scared and hurt,but his voice  had  some stoic  sadness,..you can kill me, right  enough..ain't gonna change nothin' though..our boss didn't  trust no one with information, 'cept himself!
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 220 posts
Sat 24 Sep 2016
at 03:06
Caravan road
She grimaced a bit more.  She looked back to Lucy for some sort of notion on what would be a good idea.  With that, she waved her fingers at him.

Fine, she said.  Lucy, he's your toy.  Do with him as you want.  He's no use to us.
Lucy
 player, 200 posts
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 05:55
Caravan road
In reply to Brestine Darksbane (msg # 64):

Lucy smiled a fangy, smile.

She stepped towards the man, slowly, unleashing each of her claws, one claw at a time.

"You know, I really love to hear the likes of you scream." She hissed.

She brought her claws to just under his chin, putting just enough pressure not to draw blood, but just enough to create a great deal of miscomfort.

"Since you are worthless, I guess the only question is slowly, with you screaming like a pig, or quick and painless." She hissed in his ear.
to tou
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 13:41
Caravan road
  The   fellow  squirmed, sweat was  heavy on his  grimy forehead, the  smell of his fear was as thick as the smell of his breath.

 ...Look..I told ya both... i don't know  nothing, just a guy trying to make some coin....boss , he didn't  trust nobody...
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 221 posts
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 13:50
Caravan road
Brie a few feet away yells back.

"Bring him with you, I have a feeling he can be a handy manservant."

Brie was making her way back to the others.
to tou
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 13:55
Caravan road
   when Brie, luck and their 'companion' retune to the  road, fromn the  chest high grasses.

  They can see the  wagons  going up a  slight rise of the  rolling plain, dots of their  comrades on either  side of the wagons,  and the  larger dot of Rolf , trailing the wagons.

 the  sun is  getting close to the High peaks and  shadows  are getting longer.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 346 posts
 Human Ranger
Wed 28 Sep 2016
at 18:01
Caravan road
Rolf watches as he continues to follow the wagons.  Moving at a slow walk, the wagons didn't stir up enough dust to trouble him.  He notes that the sun is slipping on towards evening and he looks about for a good place for them to camp for the night.
to tou
Fri 30 Sep 2016
at 14:33
Caravan road
  Catching up to the others, Brie and L:ucy  bring/drag the wounded  fellow  along.

  Kree notes their  arrival with a Bit of a Nod,  up ahead, Ivy signals  to the right of the road.

  There is a clearing, where  controls fire was used  to push the  grasses back  50 or so yards from a waist high rock  wall, added to the  wall were  Broken spears or  Pikes to help keep the rocks  from toppling , since no mortar was used to hold them fast.

 the road  was opend, the wagons, themselves  would be used for the 4th wall.

 Kree looks  at the  Three  fire pits  , dug into the  ground there are a few  small piles of Fire  wood,

  tie the fellow  to one of the wagon wheels... The merchant and his people  can start the fires... the rest of  us,... expand out ward, try and  find  Branches  and such to use  for  fire..bring  as much as you can carry, so we have  some to leave for the next group... you see anything, and they are trying to hid?  Kill them...we have no friends out here...

 Kree moves to the   left side of the  road where some scrub trees are a good  100 yards  away, and makes his way through the  chest high ( for him)  grass.

  Ivey goes left as well , but  50 or so yards, down the  left hand  side.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 222 posts
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 03:58
Caravan road
Brie ties the man to the wheel and then wanders off in a diagonal direction from Kree and begins look for some brush to start up the fire and some good kindling to hold it for the night.  Her dagger in hand ready in case of a sneak attack.
to tou
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 11:58
Caravan road
  after a good  40 minutes or  so, the wood gathering folks  come  back with bundles of  wood, Kree nods in satisfaction that the  fire has been started and the Merchant  is  working on a stew. One of his guards sits  atop the wagon and looks about.

  The beggar is  busy setting  some  rocks   on the wall with great effort, as if one or two more rocks  would make a difference in  , an attack.

  None of the   folks outside the   camp site have seen sign of passage, or trails  of  those  who might  be  following the   wagons.

  ..Your    people  will  watch  for the first  4  hours, Then my people will take over   2  of  us at 2 hour  shifts...


 I will take the Deep watch,  the  2  hour s before  we wake..then rest of you  choose your  shifts...

   The Food is ready,  Kree and Ivy make sure  the beggar and   the  3  wagoneers get thiers  and   he  gives a bowl to the wounded fellow  as  wel, before  getting a bowl for himself.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 223 posts
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 12:48
Caravan road
Brie returns with a small handful of brush and flopped it near the fire to be used when needed.  She listened to the plans for the night shifts and nodded.

I'll take the first round of ours.

She looked to make sure that was okay with everyone.
Lafisual
 player, 200 posts
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 14:17
Caravan road
I can be the second on first shift unless someone else seems to have a stronger opinion about it. Lafisual looks around to see if anyone needs help with anything.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 347 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 19:51
Caravan road
Rolf speaks his piece, "I'll take number two on the deep watch as well."  Rolf makes it a habit to be up well before the sun regardless, so deep watch wouldn't impact him all that much.
Lucy
 player, 201 posts
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 23:46
Caravan road
In reply to Rolf Liefsen (msg # 75):

"I guess that leaves me and Diana to take mid watch." Lucy says.
camp
Wed 5 Oct 2016
at 00:16
Caravan road
 Kree  nods   and looks at Ivy,..You watch over our  2  friends..... if either  of them appears to  be doing somehting i would  rather, not have them do?....stop them from doing it....ever again.

 Ivy  Grins  at the   tied up wounded guy and then Beggar.. the beggar looks a wee bit unsettled  as they both eat.

  the  Food  his  hot  , and not bad, the merchant seems to like  to use a lot of  spices from the Sand  peoples..

  The watches    start to take over as the merchant and his   wagoneers stetlle s down by the wagons  with   thin blankets.

  People on watch... stay within the   stone wall...  and move about  at random times.
Luthien
 player, 681 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 13:58
Caravan road
"I will assist wherever I am needed."

But it doesn't appear the Knight is needed anywhere, for now...
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 597 posts
 Drak Hunter
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 14:09
Caravan road
  Kree  sat down by Luthian as they ate,see to the wounded fellow..just enough to keep him from getting infected... If they do not hang him, he can seek further healing on his own...
Luthien
 player, 682 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 14:11
Caravan road
Luthien nodded.

"Very well."

Luthien would see to the wounds, then. He knew his field medicine, most Knights did.
to tou
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 13:58
Caravan road
   The camp was  quiet, some low conversations  between the wagoneers  and the merchant,  the  Begger as   a bit away from the   bandit. he  ate  his  food   quickly,  Kree   gave  him a second  bowl, much to the  disgust  of the merchant and his men. The  poor   fellow  took his  time with the second  Bowl.


 The watches  were  quiet as  well, Laf thought he saw a group of something moving off to the  west.. whether it was animals, or a group of humanoids, he could not  tell.

  Some time Before  Morning, the  Camp could  smell the   aroma of Hot Caffee being   made, as well as the smell of  toasted  bread, Kree was holding over the fire.

  He whistled  for everyone to wake up... as the other s  came over to the cook fire, the Elf took some of the  toasted bread  with some honey  over to thebeggar and the prisoner., as well as   some  clay cups with the Caffee,I do not have  milk  and such to put in the caffee..   there is   a heavy blob of honey on your bread,  you can drop  some honey in, to sweeten the drink...

  walking back over, he picks up his own  silver Cup. The Cup is battered and  has  an elvish rune on it. The cup ha d sat on the rocks of the fire to help keep the   caffee hot...Relax... take  your  Morningfest. Once we are finished, we are goign to  push hard, to reach  Tou... We have made  very good time, despite the attack.... if we do not stop   for midday  meal we should be  close  enough to Tou,  to continue  after  night fall..

  But, Good Captain?  We need Midday meal, and the horses  need  watered.....we cannot  drive them in such a away...


  The elf  Nods  slowly  , looking at the   light of the  Sun , raise to the south east, the ragged horizen of the far off  Black Timber, Let me  ask you this, MAster Merchant?.. What is  a caravan's  normal stopping times?

 3 or more wagons? plus  guards?..  the campsites  are set to stop at least three times, ebfore  Tou... a 3 and 1/2 day trip....

  The elf waved his  hand  at his people,..and  2 wagons  with a small group of guards?

 you may be able to cut off  one day?... 2 1/2 days....

  Ivy  speaks  up from his  seta by the  fire, holding    his  pewter cup in his hands to warm them.So... we passed the first stop... and were  abushed..... we are at the second stop.... if  we continue on, we can beat, whomever  is trying stop you....Tou's  outriders  will not  come to greet us, Until the sun is on  behind the High Peaks....

 Right now? Getting  the wagons to Tou, is more important that   some tired horses... they will get a well deserved rest in Tou...

 the lead  wagooneer speaks up,..Easy fer  ye ta say, ELF.... ain't yer horses....

  Talking a  sip of his   caffee, he points to the wagoneer  with a grin,You'er  right..not my horse..not my problem... we get the wagons  there as soon, as safe as wel are able... if you lose  a horse or two?.. that is the way of it...

 ..and ..won't that slow us  down then, ye  Pointed year tree runner.?

  Ivy lowered his  cup and looked from Kree to the wagoneer...

 Kree just smiled , a bit more darkly,Then,  Good fellow.. you will have to help Push... If you do not  wish to follow my direction..stay here.. I will have the beggar  drive your wagon...

 The fellow stands  and looks around,..are you mad?

 Ivy  holds up one  finger,angry.....not mad.... I would not push it, master wagoneer...

 The Merchant looked  worried, but did not say anything.

 ....See to your  horses, after your   repast .... my contract calls for me to get the wagons to Tou..it says nothing of the horses...or the drivers....

  The  fellow    downs the rest of   his Caffee and storms  past   Kree to water the horses and see how much feed they have taken.

 The merchant looked up at Kree who stood  there  looking off towards the west....he's a good man, Captain? He cares  for his horses, he's one of the ebst, if not the best driver in out company...

 Kree points to the west with his  cup, without looking at the merchant,..if yuou have the time... and the people... you could  go out in these lands,  dig a bit, and  find   the bones of 'good men'....It is for us, to make sure you and your  cargo reach  the town..... barring that? we will take the cargo in..ourselves.

 The Merchant looked around, a bit worried  again , at this choice of words.
Lafisual
 player, 201 posts
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 16:13
Caravan road
"As much as I would hate to lose the horses and all, moving along as fast as possible is probably the right way to go about it.  We aren't alone out here, that is for sure.  Something was moving about outside the camp during my watch.  Whether it was raiders or animals or pink fairies though is anyone's guess."  Lafisual continues his morning routine and makes ready to move on.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 348 posts
 Human Ranger
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 21:53
Caravan road
In a rare show of disagreement, Rolf speaks up.  "If we push the horses to their death now, the wagons will move along a damn sight slower pace with us pushing them along and whatever's out there will have a much easier time catching up to us."

Rolf stands, anger flickering in his eye, "There is honor, as well as benefit, to faithfully tending the horses upon which we depend.  The driver speaks wisely, and truthfully.  If we keep the horses healthy and well treated, we'll more quickly deliver the wagons."
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 224 posts
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 22:47
Caravan road
Brie looked up over her bread at the wagon master and Kree.

If there is a set attack, they'll do it again at dusk if we hold back, she said somberly.  I'd suggest taking extra water with you and we've got the extra food for the horses.  If need be, have them walk slower, no need to actually stop.

She gave a shoulder shrug.
Luthien
 player, 684 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 06:25
Caravan road
"I must concur with Rolf. There's little wisdom in pushing horses to the death. They move the wagons far faster then any other means."

The Knight, of course, knows all about how horses and their care, after all.
to tou
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 12:13
Caravan road
  There was a big grin on the head  wagoneer's  face.Yeah...ye  see there? Some of yer people have a head on their shoulders....

 There is a Look of Displeasure on Kree's face   as he looks at the others, but he nods  slowly, Very well...Master  Wagoneer...You tell us  when the  wagons  need to stop.. I will let the outcome, be on your head.

 He looks  towards  the rays of the  rising sun, Get  ready... we movfe out in  15 minutes.... Put the  Prisoner on the back of the first  wagon, and the Beggar on the back of the 2nd  wagon.


 This saying, he  turns  to gather his pack and  weapons.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 225 posts
Sun 16 Oct 2016
at 04:49
Caravan road
Brie simply scoffs at the comment but prepares her equipment for the next leg of the journey.
Lafisual
 player, 202 posts
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 23:30
Caravan road
Lafisual shrugs.  Might possibly work out either way.  He gets on with getting ready to move out.
to tou
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 12:57
Caravan road
  The wagons  roll along  with the Arrows  spread about keeping a watch...

 The  wagoneer calls  down..About another  Hour and  I want to water the horses ....

 Kree did not  say a word,  Just waved his    hand in acknowledge . The looks on his  face stern
Lafisual
 player, 203 posts
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 13:59
Caravan road
Motioning to Kree Lafisual points to the east and relates in a hushed voice, There seems to have been a couple of puffs of smoke out that way.  Just what the cause of it was is anyone's guess - from a simple campfire to something more concerning.  It's enough though that we should be wary of it.  Lafisual goes back to his scouting position extra alert for more signs of anything that might explain what he saw.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 598 posts
 Drak Hunter
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 15:30
Caravan road
    The elf's eyes shift towards the Driver, who  doesn't  see his concern.

    ..You..Diana  and  Brie, check it out...  he turns back  and gives a whistle to Rolf to catch up to the wagons.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 349 posts
 Human Ranger
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 03:35
Caravan road
When they started moving again, Rolf fell back to his usual guarding the flank role.  He'd never been fond of anyone in his wake, he liked to see ode about.  He'd been certain that Kree hadn't liked his disagreement.  Sure, it was probably just more of Kree trying to get under people's skin and make sure they know who's in charge.  Still, there were limits.

Despite such musings, Rolf was still focused on the job.  At Kree's whistle, he takes an extra look about, then picks up the pace to quickly catch up.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 226 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 04:10
Caravan road
Brie hears her name called and moved towards Lafisual and Kree as he makes mention of the smoke off in the distance.  She gathered her bow and nods.

Better safe than sorry, she said and looked down at her calf sheath at a small dagger. Lead the way.
Diana Hunt
 player, 255 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 05:40
Caravan road
In reply to Brestine Darksbane (msg # 93):

Diana turned back to Kree, when she heard her name called.

When he motioned towards the smoke in the distance, she just nodded.  She wheeled her horse around, and slowly headed off in that direction.

She had thought about getting into the previous disagreement over the treatment of the horses, but decided to stay out of it.  Although, she was glad when it was decided that the horses could be watered.  She really had no desire to put a good horse down, just because it had been run to death.
Lafisual
 player, 204 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 14:20
Caravan road
Lafisual nods at the others and carefully heads out to see if they can get some clarity on what he saw.
Laf and co
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 14:53
Caravan road
  The  three make their  way  towards, where the  puffs of smoke  came from... there  is no real sign.

 a few 100 yards  to  the  south west ( left) of the Road. Diana can see where the high grass has been  flatten... there are several 'trails' leading  further south , paralleling the  road... there  is  a small fire patch, that has  been covered with dirt and water.

 Laf and Brie begin to see it  as they get through the high grass, nearer the flattened  area.
Lafisual
 player, 205 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 16:12
Caravan road
It seems like we are being shadowed.  What do you think...investigate more or report this?  We don't want to get too far away from the group.  I imagine that they are surely aware of us and could use it as a distraction.  Lafisual contemplates while looking to the others for feedback.
Diana Hunt
 player, 256 posts
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 10:32
Caravan road
In reply to Lafisual (msg # 97):

"Yeah, I smell trap as well." Diana said.

"We could try and flank them.  See what we can see." Diana said.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 227 posts
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 10:58
Caravan road
Brie looks about trying to see if she can catch a glimpse out of the corner of her eye or if a familiar smell came to her.

If she does see something she nods in its direction.

Either way, they will be hunted down.  Just a matter of timing.
to tou
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 00:32
Caravan road
 The Three look at the  Clearing, it is easy to see the fire  was not for warmth, or a Cook  Fire...

 From her  place, atop her horse,  she  can see   three , that merged  with a few 'game  trails' , through the   hill grasses.
Diana Hunt
 player, 257 posts
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 17:15
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 100):

Diana dismounted.  She pointed out the three game trails.

"You two cover me.  I'm gonna be bait." Diana said.

With that she stepped out, towards the fire, her hand not frar from her blade, ready to draw it as quickly as needed.

She will examine the fire closely.  Estimating how hold it is, ect.
3
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 17:36
Caravan road
  The  fire   was  recent.. it had been, near-expertly, put out  with  moist dirt and more  water, Using the greener grasses to cause  smoke... but the smoke didn't fill the sky, just a few puffs  that caught the eye  Of  Laf, and the others, as he pointed it out.
Luthien
 player, 685 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 19:42
Caravan road
"If you mean to trap them, I'd suggest herding them towards a certain point. I don't do stealth well, but if you force them towards me..."

Then he can do something.
Lafisual
 player, 206 posts
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 14:42
Caravan road
Lafisual readies his bow and stands as low as possible while still being able to see reasonably well.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 228 posts
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 16:29
Caravan road
Brie moves off to an opposite side to guard Diana as she goes to examine.

She also looks around for and additional intruders.
to tou
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 12:50
Caravan road
  The  Wagon MOves  and the    Head  Wagoneer, feeling full of himself whilstles  back to  Kree,Hey!...Elf.... There is a  Stream about  2 Miles up  the road,  will water the horse there....

 Kree  walked   his normal walk and looked around at the grasses as he maintained his watch,..I said... this  was your  call.. anything that happens , outside my suggestions are on you....

 The  Wagoneer  just  sneered  and  turned  his attentions back to the Road. The Merchant was looking  around.


  The Prisoner seemed oddly calm... The Beggar just  sat on his  wagon, trying to tie some of the rags  that covered his legs , into  a better  looking...rag.

...............

 The Three watched  Diana    take one of the paths... from their  spot in the grasses, they could  barely  see   the Canvas covered tops   of the  wagons, and the bit of  dust the  wheels  caused.

  There was no sign of  , whomever  was in the grass, but the slowly  raising , bent  grasses, showed that  fresh tracks had been made.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 350 posts
 Human Ranger
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 13:11
Caravan road
Hearing the words between Kree and the wagoneer, Rolf volunteers some input.  "That'd be a good place for an ambush.  Let's go a bit further, then I and who ever and head on to the stream and see if it's clear.  If you've got the water bags to spare, maybe we haul water to the horses instead."
to tou
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 14:26
Caravan road
  The  wagoneer  seems a bit put out.... we..could..perhaps a  few yards  up the road?... i..um..would rather  they drink it fresh from the stream?
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 229 posts
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 23:47
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 106):

Brie looked at the bent grass and took visual queues of the direction the grass, trail was leading to.  When she had a general idea of their direction, she'd clue in Diana and Lafisual.

She'd then send out her companion to alert Kree if need be.

(tracking and companion/messenger)
to tou
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 00:06
Caravan road
  The  movements  are mirroring  the road.

     Kree Gets  the Message  and  Just nods he whistles  for Luthien, Lucy, Ivy and  Rolf  to be ready.

  This causes the wagoneer to look back, Kree just smiles.
Lafisual
 player, 207 posts
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 04:02
Caravan road
Lafisual looks at the tracks that Brie has found and tries to identify what might have made them.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 230 posts
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 04:15
Caravan road
Brie motions to Lafisual to stay behind quietly and offer cover.  She begins to follow the path, sword up and ready.
to tou
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 04:22
Caravan road
   Brie  and Diana move   down the lines, the horse stays, Laf.....


   Somethin was moving, quietly and  quickly... but  none  could see what..yet...
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 351 posts
 Human Ranger
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 05:00
Caravan road
The Bly sign that Rolf gave of the whistle was a slight pause in speaking.  "That would certainly be best,". Rolf says of letting the horses drink from the stream, "But better a little convenience to save the horses, and us, from anyone looking to gain the advantage.". He lets his gaze pass idly towards the distant stream, his eyes scoping out the land about.
Lafisual
 player, 208 posts
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 14:36
Caravan road
Lafisual backs off to cover bow at the ready and watches to see what Brie might find.
Diana Hunt
 player, 258 posts
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 18:55
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 113):

Diana moves slowly and cautiously.  Something's there, but she has no idea what.  She moves to flank Brie, moving quickly and quietly to shadow whatever was moving quickly and quietly in the grasses.
Luthien
 player, 686 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 20:21
Caravan road
Luthien, being less then useful in an ambush with that magnificent armor of his, chooses to guard the horses.
to tou
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 20:45
Caravan road
  The  wagons   are rolling around, rather  slowly. The Stream is  becoming visible  and  there is  a One Lane ,  stone Bridge over the  water.

  The stream is  about  15 feet wide, and deeper in the  middle then the sides, one can see where the water  rises when the  rains are heavy.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 352 posts
 Human Ranger
Sat 29 Oct 2016
at 01:52
Caravan road
"Seems we're close enough.  Wagoner, break out the water bags and you and I will head in and fetch water for the horses."
to tou
Sat 29 Oct 2016
at 02:15
Caravan road
  The wagoneer didn't slow  as he  looked  back at Kree.

  Do not  look  at me, I am not the Horse  expert.... these are the ones  who supporters you cause to  water the horses...

 He turned a bit more to look at Rolf,..but..i mean... I would  feel better on the other side of the stream? 

 The Merchant looked at the Driver    , and to Kree and just  shrugged.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 353 posts
 Human Ranger
Sat 29 Oct 2016
at 02:25
Caravan road
Rolf gives the wagoner a rare smile, one that holds little enjoyment."Good fellow, I have spoken in support of your horses and I'll not see them brought to harm needlessly.  But you will come with me to the stream and see if it is safe.  I can drag you if you prefer."

If the man doesn't immediately follow Rolf's order, Rolf will drag the man from his wagon and begin to drag him along towards the stream.
to tou
Sat 29 Oct 2016
at 02:31
Caravan road
  The merhcant says,Stop the wagon!.... you argued  for this, what matter  what side of the bridge we are on?

 The wagoner Looks   back at the  other drivers, who were watching Him,  then he slows the wagon, they stop 20  yards  from the  Bridge.

 The Wagoneer Jumps down to get the bags, the   other Driver's  helper  does  the same for the second wagon.



  Ivy?  You  Lucy and Luthien Go across the bridge...make sure the bridge  does not have any loose stones...

  Beggar Man?.... Come here... YOu can be  , my other set of eyes....

  the Beggar hops  down, limping  on his  rags, that he uses  for boots and looks at Kree. Kree  Hands  him a Blade  from the  dead bandits,..You watch the prisoner....if he  makes move to shout and holler, slice his throat...
Lucy
 player, 202 posts
Sat 29 Oct 2016
at 04:09
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 122):

Lucy nodded, and quickly dismounted.  She quickly made her way acorss the bridge, sniffing the air as she went.  She was smelling for any odor that was out of place, that might be an ambush.
Luthien
 player, 687 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 29 Oct 2016
at 06:02
Caravan road
Luthien nods, and takes the position asked of him on the other side.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 231 posts
Sat 29 Oct 2016
at 14:17
Caravan road
Brie takes note of the direction that the grass trail is leading too and moves a bit quicker along to try to catch up to them or at least flank them before they can reach the wagons.  She looks back to Diana and Lafisual for them to keep quiet but move quickly.
Riku Key
 player, 362 posts
Sun 30 Oct 2016
at 01:08
Caravan road
Riku comes in at a high level above the group and sees a few scattered beings that were possibly the Arrows.  Taking a lower dive to confirm some of the company, she sees Lucy and that was proof enough it was them.  She notices grass moving but not certain of the what or who or intent, taking a quick dive down towards the wagon, she lets out a high pitched whistle that the elves would hear to alert of her arrival and possible threats coming their way.
Lafisual
 player, 209 posts
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 03:21
Caravan road
Lafisual taking note of Brie and the sounds from above moves more quickly but as quietly as possible after Brie.
to tou
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 03:52
Caravan road
   Standing on  the other side of the Bridge, Lucy can see  several game trails that lead down to the water, bit  not much else..so far.

  Luthian  and Ivy watch. Ivy has  his bow ready.

 Rolf  and the driver  are walking slowly towards the  water. Thw Man says  to Rolf, his voice a bit shakey,..glad some of  you folks have a brain, aye?..Not like  that puffin jay of an elf...wouldn't  damn near killed the horses  to go straight  through..yeah... big fool he is....ya know?  the company  can use  big sword arms like you... all ya have to do is take to the head man in Tou.

............

 Diana, Brie and Laf, now can tell humanoids  made the crushed  grasses, but they were stepping lightly..whom ever it was, was good at this.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 232 posts
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 04:47
Caravan road
Brie can smell the human that trapsed through.  Experts obviously.  She picked up the pace a bit more in hopes to catch up with them.  She hears  whistle just barely audible to elf ears and smiled knowing it was eyes in the skies.

She took a few steps to the left of the walked down brush to try to flank them.  She swapped out her dagger and sword to her bow and arrow in one fluid move.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 354 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 1 Nov 2016
at 18:48
Caravan road
Rolf has the man walk in front of him and does his best to not let the mans chatter distract him from keeping an eye about.  When he does bother to answer the man, it's mostly with a non-committal grunt or some such.

When the man finally manages to run out of words, at least for the moment, Rolf does volunteer, "One word of advice, master wagoneer, don't bandy words with Kree.  Your death means no more to him than that of your horses."
Lucy
 player, 203 posts
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 07:03
Caravan road
Lucy froze for a moment.  She could have sworn that she saw something.  She stared at the place she swore she saw movement.  But after a few minutes shrugged it off, when she didn't see anything more.

Still .....
to tou
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 14:09
Caravan road
   Ivy, Jumped onto the low rock wall of the stone Bridge  to gain that couple feet  to Look around, His Bow was  ready, at half draw.....

  ...where...are the noises?   The  stream, made no noise... they could  barely here the  snuffles of the Horses   as they waited for the fresh clear water, they could smell.

  The  Wagoneer   chuckled at Rolf's words, but the  chuckled died as he  saw the stoic look on the Northman's face.... i ...Thought Arrows were....good folk?

.......................

 The  Three in the Grasses, now noticed, they could not hear their footsteps, or even the rustle of their own clothing....

...........................

 Riku is waved down  By Kree.. who has his bow ready, but  does not seem too concerned. Though his eyes  shift back and forth, under his  hood.

..................

 The Beggar holds the dagger pointed  at the   wounded bandit in the back of  the wagon... The Bandit says,...you best hope  i don't   get a chance to get that Dagger.. i'll pull yer body heart our through a 3 inch cut!
Diana Hunt
 player, 259 posts
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 08:30
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 132):

Diana was shocked at first.  Then realized what had happened.  A silence spell.  That meant that an attack was coming.  You didn't cast one of those for no reason.

She tried to signal to her companions what it was, but hand signals just didn't seem to say it right.
Lucy
 player, 204 posts
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 08:34
Caravan road
To Lucy, it was stunning at first.  Suddenly she couldn't hear anything.  She froze in her tracks, listening, but hearing nothing.  It took her several long minutes to realize what had happened.

She froze in her tracks, blade now in hand.  She then sniffed the air.  She might not be able to hear anyone, but she could still smell them!

She sniffed the air for anything out of the ordinary, and the direction it was coming.  She looked at the ground, picking up several small rocks.  She hoped she wouldn't have to use them to get the attention of those around her.

If / when she located the direction of the enemy, she would toss a rock at her closest companion, and vigorously point in that direction.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 355 posts
 Human Ranger
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 01:37
Caravan road
Rolf sighs, "Opinions vary.  For my lot, we're generally good, but not particularly noble about it"

Freeing slaves, slaying cat folk, killing bandits, torture...  One can quibble about ends and if they justify means or not.  Kree often seems to enjoy his work, threatening or bullying  or belittling others at every turn, but who can truly judge the goodness in the heart of another, or even in one's self?
Riku Key
 player, 363 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 06:16
Caravan road
Riku had heard sound and as if someone put her in a glass jar, there were none.   She didn't like this and made a bee line towards Kree and motioned with her hands "no" and "sound" by pointing to her ears.  She'd saw the carefully treaded path in the grass and made a rough estimate of where they were going to attack from by pointing.  She didn't say anything, just managed to collect a few body queues to get him to realize what she was trying to say.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 233 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 06:18
Caravan road
Brie continued her venture behind whoever was gaining ground on the wagons.  The lack of noise didn't mean much to her, it helped in return, muffle her own steps.

She motioned to Lafisual and Diane to move forward as needed to ambush the attackers from behind and possibly flank them.
Diana Hunt
 player, 260 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 16:12
Caravan road
Diana nodded to Brie.

She continued to move in pursuit of whoever was ahead of her.  Now, a bit more rapidly, not having to worry about making noise.

Her blade was ready for whoever she came across.
Lafisual
 player, 210 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 17:05
Caravan road
Lafisual moves up per Brie's suggestion and readies himself to attack from behind as the opportunity presents itself.
to tou
Fri 4 Nov 2016
at 18:49
Caravan road
   Kree  stays   near  the  wagons just a step or two  from the front of the Second  wagon, so he can watch both.

   He  seems to be standing   quite  still, but the eyes  under the hold   dart about, looking for  sign of trouble.

............

 The  Wagoneer  and the  other   helper  start to  fill the waxed  Canvas bags, that  turn into buckets. The Helper  seems  engrossed in his  work. The Wagoneer  seems to be looking around too much.

   Brie and Lafiusal feel the  ground start to  'bend  down, as they neared the steam, following the trails...Diana is   just a bit  ahead of them..

.............

 Ivy  has his hood  down as he   Looks to the east... the grasslands lands   down that  way have a few more streams  running into it  from LAke Tou, they all feed into , the Tou River...we are not blessed, but the rains a week ago,  Lake  Tou  rids herself of execss water and these streams get overly full... they are going  down now?..but  the  areas to the   south and west have many swamps.... all manner of creature   come out of the river to feast on shore  food....

   Luthien and   Lucy  hold their  spots.. neither of them feel quite comfortable.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 234 posts
Sat 5 Nov 2016
at 05:56
Caravan road
Brie had begun to take another step when it felt like she was wading in mud.  She looked back to Lafisual and then over in Diane's direction.  She motioned to halt for those that would see her.
to tou
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 04:06
Caravan road
  The wagoneer had turned with  two canvas Buckets , as  did the other driver's helper.

  Then... things  exploded in a oddly , chaotic , and quiet manner.

 an arrow   seemed to  fly, without sound , slam into Ivy, Knocking him off  the Bridge causing Him to fall into the stream.

 Three  Humans  charged  down the road at Lucy, their feet and equipment, making  no  Noise  as they waved weapons

  Another  arrow  shot  from the  left side of the road, Hitting Luthien's  armor, but falling  off.

 With out being able to see of hear who was attacking,  the three in the grasses. saw Ivy fall from the Bridge.

 Kree sees   Ivy  fall , and his Bow  comes Up as he moves  towards the  first  wagon to try and  get ...line of sight..on the charging  bandits.
Lucy
 player, 205 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 20:40
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 142):

Lucy charged at the three humans, snarling as was her custom, till she realized she had no voice.  She attacked the closest human to her, swinging her blade, with intent to kill quickly.
Lafisual
 player, 211 posts
Mon 7 Nov 2016
at 21:52
Caravan road
Lafisual follows Bries lead, bow at the ready, and pauses looking for a target.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 21:53, Mon 07 Nov 2016.

Luthien
 player, 688 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Wed 9 Nov 2016
at 22:25
Caravan road
Luthien pulls his own bow and arrow, since it seems his opponent wouldn't close to melee. He nocks an arrow, and waits for the next shot to launch his own arrow. Bows are not so quick to fire that the enemy can get an arrow off without being shot himself.
to tou
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 15:40
Caravan road
   It is an Odd scene, to say the least.  Three  charging humans  with  mouths  open in rage, making no sound, as  an equally screaming   Lucy..doesn't...

   kree's  first arrow zips   other the right  shoulder of the man furthest to the left of Lucy...The man's eyes  widen in surprise.

 Luthien's arrow, from much closer in, Hits the fellow to Lucy's  right the fellow screams   as he grabs  for the arrow that sprung  from his  shoulder and fall...none of it, making a noise.

  Lucy  Clashes  with the Middle fellow the both scour  hits,   and continue to fight....in silence.

....................

  In the grasses... the three finally see  two Red Elves they have   their Bows   drawn, but seem to be looking  for  a good target....the thing is...they cannot hear   Diana..Brie and Laf as they see them , when the  come up the game trail.

 The Beggar threatens the   prisoner  with the dagger, the prisoner looks at the man and laughs,..we win this   fight, im  gutting you with that blade, and leave you  near the  river  for the  bests to pick over...
Diana Hunt
 player, 261 posts
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 20:48
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 146):

Diana worked around to behind the two and charges from behind.  She's looking go deal a killing blow from behind.
Lucy
 player, 206 posts
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 20:53
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 146):

Lucy clashes with her target.  She felt the sting of the blade slashing.  She spun around spinning a kick at the man's abdomen.  Her intent was to rip is bowels open, with her claws.

Short of that, she will attack again with her blade, attempting a killing blow to get the fight over with.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 235 posts
Sat 12 Nov 2016
at 00:49
Caravan road
Brie looks over to Diana and as they see the two other elves she draws her own bow and aims at the other target which would let Laf chose who he would want to finish off.
Riku Key
 player, 364 posts
Sat 12 Nov 2016
at 00:51
Caravan road
Riku sees the 3 humans running at her companions and she flutters down to be able to get a good shot to put one of them to sleep with her mini bow and toothpick size arrows.
Lafisual
 player, 212 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 05:10
Caravan road
Lafisual initially targets the elf in which Brie is targeting and waits for Diana to attack before firing.
Caravan
Tue 15 Nov 2016
at 00:42
Caravan road
  The Battle was odd, at best...screaming..with no screams... clashes  with no sound...

 Kree was  Moving towards the Bridge,  His Bow  up waiting  for a chance  to hit an attacker..

 Ivy was half in, half out of the water with a  bright red Arrow in his chest.

 The wagoneer  began to move  away , heading back towards the  wagons.

  Brie.... Laf  and Diana, surprised the  two red Elves..those who live by the spell....

  They never knew the three were  there,  until the  felt the  Cold  steel and the impact of  the arrows... Their screams of  surprise..never  registered... Luthien  Fired  Once  More,  Cathcing the fellow  to the right  Of Lucy,

 The man's silent scream as he grabbed at his left arm.

  Lucy Landed  on the  middle fellow  and they began to roll about on the   slightly muddy road... the man showed wounds  around his  belly as his leathers were cut and torn.

 The  third  fellow  grabbed at the back of his neck, as he had   turned to hack at Lucy.. a Tiny arrow in  his neck as he crumpled to the ground..he lay twitching as the shruggled  against the poison.
Luthien
 player, 689 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Tue 15 Nov 2016
at 19:26
Caravan road
Luthien went to retrieve Ivy, then, putting his bow away. As emergencies go, one of his comrades falling in battle was a bigger problem then the enemy, as nobody else was attacking him anyway.
Lafisual
 player, 213 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2016
at 19:49
Caravan road
Lafisual moves up carefully to make sure there were no more adversaries.  If there are none to be found, he carefully checks the bodies for intel and valuables.
Diana Hunt
 player, 262 posts
Wed 16 Nov 2016
at 02:20
Caravan road
Diana will slit the throat of the Red Elf she was fighting, to make sure the thing is dead.  Then she will also check the body for any valuables, and anything else of value.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 236 posts
Wed 16 Nov 2016
at 04:48
Caravan road
Brie finishes off her target and aides where need be to allow the others to gather whatever loot they can find.  She then looks down the decline towards the wagons and wonders if the pair can hear her now.

She speaks up....Hey, I'm going back that way.  Come when you are done.  If they can't still hear her, she'll wave frantically and motion towards the wagons.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:50, Wed 16 Nov 2016.

Riku Key
 player, 365 posts
Wed 16 Nov 2016
at 04:49
Caravan road
Riku flutters down after seeing most of the enemies having been taken down.  She locates Kree and lands near him.

What in the godly blunder was that mess? she asks surveying the scene from her point of view.  All okay?
to tou
Thu 17 Nov 2016
at 13:15
Caravan road
   Bodies  lay about the road...the silence  still covered  the area like a thick fog.

   Luthien.... Reaches  Ivy who is in a bad  way, taken totally by surprise he took the full brunt of the Red Arrow in is right shoulder, the  Fall injuring him more., he was struggling to regain his wits  was Luthien pulled him from the stream.


  Lucy... was hurt, she had traded  nasty cuts  with the  fellow she fought, but in the end, the  fellow was not used to fighting warriors, as most caravan guards seem to be , more for show.  The Bandit  she fought had  two nice looking Daggers, with curved Blades, much like the warriors  of the Great Desert, and a Purse of 3 gold   and 2 coppers.

 Diana...Brie..Lafisual  go through the  two dead red Elves belongings... they  fined  Two Redish wood  bows... and a quiver of arrows  ( one has 12 one has 14 ), all bright red shafted, with nasty looking  , three bladed  heads.

 The red Elves also have a healing potion each,  and a purse with  6 Gold  and 4 coppers  each.

  The Wagoneer is giving water to the Horses, looking around in worry..the  Merchant is sitting  in his  seat ,also Loooking around... The driver of the second  wagon has his crossbow  ready, and his helper is coming back with the  canvas  water bags.

  The Bandit on the back of the wagon tried to stir, But the Beggar held the blade out , threatening to cut him.


 Kree   keeps his bow  ready, his eyes   scan the area, as he  says to Riku,...This was a Planned....ambush. Have a care... there may be more out there...

 There are bandits on the road..one that Luthien wouinded is looking around  in horror, he is saying something, but no sound is coming out.... The other  Lays sprawled on the road, with a tiny arrow in his neck.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 237 posts
Sat 19 Nov 2016
at 03:41
Caravan road
Brie after grabbing what Diana and Lafisual wanted to share. She then came down towards the wagons and the other arrows.

If there was sound, she spoke up.  We got three of them on the hillside.  Think they were the source for no sound.
Riku Key
 player, 366 posts
Sat 19 Nov 2016
at 03:43
Caravan road
She looked to Kree and the others.  So what have we going on here? She asks Kree.
Luthien
 player, 690 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 19 Nov 2016
at 10:10
Caravan road
Luthien asked, "You alright?"

As he asks this, Luthien channels a bit of a prayer (CLW, not Lay on hands) and tries to restore a bit of Ivy's health.
Lafisual
 player, 214 posts
Mon 21 Nov 2016
at 15:46
Caravan road
Lafisual follows them back and nods in agreement with Brie's assessment.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 356 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 15:34
Caravan road
Rolf moves up to support Kree, his bow also drawn and ready.  He has an arrow notched, but doesn't pull it as yet.  The eerie silence of the battlefield had left the ranger somewhat uneasy, above and beyond the normal experience of the battlefield.
ToTou
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 16:08
Caravan road
   Kree watches Luthien work On Ivy, his cousin is in a bad  way, but...it seems... Luthien  has stablized him for the Moment.

  The   helper  for the 2nd  wagon is  trying to  let the horses drink from their  Canvas water bags, but  he keeps looking   around .

 The Wagonmaster  is focused on the hroses  as  he holds  the  bags until they get light enough  to hook them up.

  The merchant is  about to pass out. This attack seemed more then he was prepapred to deal with.

 Kree Looks to  Brie and Laf,..I want you both  to  go across the bridge..see how  far the area of silence goes...beware., their may be some stray bandits about...Diana and Lucy, Bring  the bodies you left out into the open, so we can make an example of the  for future travellers ... The Beggar was  at the back of the first wagon, still threatening, the curisng bandit  with the dagger.

 Kree The  turned to Riku... do a search above..see if you see any one..or thing. leaving the area..if there is anyone, we will assume they are with the bandits...


 Then to  Rolf he says,..you and I , get the two wounded ones... i wish to talk with them ....here..out of the  area of silence.
Riku Key
 player, 367 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 21:20
Caravan road
Riku nods and after a quick deep breath.  She takes flight.  She goes in a circumference of about 100 yards out north then comes back goes in a westerly direction 100 yds and comes back, then south, then east.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 238 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 21:21
Caravan road
Brie nods and looks to Laf.  I'll take bow, you take sword.  Give each other about a 40 feet distance apart once we cross the bridge.  That way it's not so near to impossible to chase or catch up to the other in case of quick attack.  Keep to the shadows if possible.

She nods and walks with Laf across the bridge.
Lafisual
 player, 215 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 21:29
Caravan road
Sounds like a reasonable plan.  Lafisual moves across the bridge with Brie and then moves off listening to determine the boundaries of the silence as well as looking for other bandits.
to tou
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 21:53
Caravan road
    Riku wathes  from above , she can see  lucy and Diana  head back into the Grasses. As the pair   come near the Two dead red Elves,  Riku can see a glint off from where the   red Elves stood. in the higher grass, just to the  south of the dead red Elves.

   Kree walks up the  wounded fellow, grabbing him roughly By his leather  and began to drag him, the man cried out in pain..but there was no sound.

  The  , bigger  fellow  lay on his  side, Riku's tiny arrow in his  neck.

  Luthian  Got Ivy up a bit, his eyes  were half opened, he tries to say something but  just smiles  slightly and  slips back unconscious .

 Brie  and Laf  are about 20 yards  past the bridge, before they can here their footsteps.
Lafisual
 player, 216 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 22:36
Caravan road
Lafisual discretely looks back to see if he can see Kree and if so, points to his ear and then the ground to suggest just where the silent area ends.  He then continues to look and listen for anything else that might cause trouble in the area.
Riku Key
 player, 368 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 23:50
Caravan road
Riku heads into the direction of the glinting and carefully approaches.
Diana Hunt
 player, 263 posts
Wed 23 Nov 2016
at 08:25
Caravan road
Diana and Lucy head back into the tall grasses, collecting the bodies of the dead bandits.  Lucy stops every so often, sniffing the air.  She may not be able to hear, but her other senses are working just fine.

She sniffs the air for anything out of place.  Strange odors and the like.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 357 posts
 Human Ranger
Wed 23 Nov 2016
at 17:19
Caravan road
Rolf moves to grab the other injured fellow.  Shouldering his bow, he takes up his daggers in his right hand, using his left hand to drag, push or herd the fellow along after Kree.  He doesn't go out of his way to cause the fellow any added distress, but he doesn't go out of his way to prevent it, either.

When his voice is able to be heard again, Rolf gives the fellow a word of advice, "The sooner you share with us what you know, the less discomfort you'll experience."
to tou
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 17:06
Caravan road
  Kree     throws the man ( the best he is  able, seeing that the fellow is a Human and he's an elf) near the  opposite side of the road, from where the prisoner is  being watched by the beggar.

   He points  to a spoke  near that fellow , for Rolf  to   drop his  prisoner.  Keep an eye on him, he is not  wounded..... Then he turns to the wounded fellow,...which is why i will start with you...you are already damaged, so it should not take long for you to either talk...or  die..either way?.. is alright with me...


 Drawing a shiny leaf-shaped  throwing dagger  from his holster in the middle of his back. He lets the sun glint off it a bit. He looks at the blade and asks the men, without looking up....... have you heard of the Arrows?

 Both men nodded... Kree just said ..SPEAK!... i cannot hear the rattle inside your heads...

 they both said a  horse..'aye'

 ..good , Saves me alot of talking then... I am Kree....Quickshadow...leader of this Unit of Arows..i will only say this.. I have learned..by watching...finding and listening,..of how Slavers treated  those people they had taken...either   to use  as examples, or to get information..sometimes? Itw as just for sport. So...let us just say, I am very, very  good at making people talk...I am slightly better..at making them dead.

  The others  came from the Field  with Red Elves bodies... Riku was struggling  with a Broken scroll case of  reddish metal  that have  golden runes on it.

 His eyes shifted to the  red Elves then  back to the  prisoners.Working with  Red Elves. would get you fed to teh Serpents outside the Ironmound walls.... I do not have time for that..so?.. your choice is simple... Tell me what i wish to know...if i ampleased, you will be taken in with that Vermin , on the wagon... to the Tou Guards... we will simply say you are bandits.... however..should you think it wise  to lie, or say nothing? THen, you will die the longest. most painful death you can imagine....

 ..Now?.... tell me  these  things....1....why would red Elves attack as Bumbling Merchant.....2....why was the a first group that attacked us, a day  back?...and 3..where  di you come from...as far as this  group of bandits goes?

 The  Bandit  in the wagon shouted,...keep yer  gods-be-damned mouths  shut!

 Kree nodded with a smile,..so..your  groups where partners.....now?..lets hear your  answers..or i have to start making  'bandit jerky' from the your flesh....

 With out looking back to the Wagon he says  to anyone who would hear,..if that scum in the wagon opens   his mouth once more, Cut off one of his legs.
Lucy
 player, 207 posts
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 19:20
Caravan road


Lucy smiled at the order.

She walked over to where the bandit was.  She removed a dagger, and began to pretend to cut off his leg, in a very gleeful manner.  The Bandit could have sworn that she was ... purring?????
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 239 posts
Sun 27 Nov 2016
at 17:43
Caravan road
Riku drug the item back as best she could without much damage.  Brie saw the creature and walked over to help.  She picked the item up and Riku and placed her on her shoulder.

Looks to be a few paces past the bridge that the silence stops.

She lifts up the case.  I can bet that this is the cause.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 358 posts
 Human Ranger
Mon 28 Nov 2016
at 16:52
Caravan road
Rolf nods and stands behind the unwounded prisoner, blade in hand.  Rolf was well practiced at this role, having been with Kree for some time now.  He was not hugely muscular or overly large, but he was lean, hard and had found that a mildly disinterested expression in such matters tended to work well to cow those under his watch.
to tou
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 03:06
Caravan road
 Brie Looks at the Broken Case...odd design it was. It looked as  though it was meant to  be snapped open, perhaps one shot  deal?

 Riku Fluttered next to her, to make sure nothing happened to the 'find'
 The Bandit Looked at Lucy... part of him  frightened  by the half breed...half repulsed...

 The Beggar  stood there with the dagger, not  wanted to anger the elf.

 Luthien had the battered Ivy on shore , The elf was...he thought ..out of danger, but was  not  in great shape.

 Diana  and  Laf bring the Red Elves  Bodies from the grasses  and  drag them over the bridge towards the   Kneeling   Elf   who  is  spinning   his  throwing dagger   in front of the wounded  fellow.

 The   bandit with  Rolf has his  eyes  grow  wide at the sight of the  dead red Elves. Their Blood  red  skin , stained by dark blue  blood.

 ..so... two lonely wagons..traveling down the caravan road? Yet we are beset...twice...by fools who wish to die?... Tell me...and Keep in mind, My cousin  has been sorely wounded...and i am  not in a ..friendly mood.... why did you attack....and why these two pitiful wagons?

  The wounded fellow  was beyond himself...we didn't know  the bloody Arrows  would be hired!..no one said nothin' about Arrows...it was supposed ta be  quick... kill the merchant..grab the goods  and be gone...

  Kree lowered his  head, the  Dagger  still spinning in his hand, as if it had  a life of its own.Without looking up he says,..so?..you are saying ..you are sorry you attacked us...but it would  have been quite alright to attack, say...The  White Stars? Or maybe the Silver Leaves? or?.. The Wandering Souls?

 The wounded Fellow  nodded rapidly.....most folk don't want to  mess with Arrows...That's why Tou...well around Tou, has been..good...there doesn't  seem ta be any of you around there...

 Kree turned to look at the others  as   the wounded fellow said this.There are always Units of Arrows...some  not  as good as mine..but..they are still Arrows....

 ....Nay...fierce  elf.....the leader of  the unit  is not as....as....

 ..say your words , man. There is not much  more you can do to me, then wound my cousin.

 ..They say you are Mad...that your own  people  cast you out of the Black Timber  for the ways you litter the land  with  Bodies....This fellow..he can be...reasoned with....and..be somewhere else3..when he needs to be...

 ..one last question...you are doing quite well... Kree's   attempt at a pleasant  smile was worse then most folks  scowl,..how did you know when these wagons were coming...and? How  did you know they were the right ones?

  The man shook his head..his mouth quivered,..the Red Ones?.. they knew..they hired us.... they said some one told them...send word  down the line , they did... we were just hired, to take out the guards....

  Pursing his   lips  as he looked off to the side in thought..he nodded slightly...Right... here's  what we do.... this  fellow  goes onto the wagon with the other  fellow.. tie them tight together... this healthy  fellow? I want him tied to the back of the second  wagon, and  out  beggar friend  will ride there, with Ivy, and make sure  the bandit keeps up.

  He   Motions for every one,..Let us be off then... I will stay a bit to decorate the bridge with the   red Ones.... I shall catch up.... as he   pulled out his  Dirk, he  stops  at the lead  wagon, the horses were watered, and  all the  drivers were seated, He looked to the Merchant, then stared at the   head Wagoneer,...I am thinking, next time...we push the horses..what do you think?

 The  Driver  just nodded  quickly.   Kree grabbed the  first Red Elf  as the wagons began to rumble, over the still silent   bridge, he strapped  the  Body to the  pole  and  carved  abn Arrow into the  forehead.... as the last wagon rolled by...Kree shoved one  of the red Elf's  arrows  down  its throat...

  Then  moved to get the second body.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 240 posts
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 05:40
Caravan road
Brie focused her energies on the box and tried to scry and see if there any spells or magicks on it.  Traps,perhaps.  Riku fluttered over her shoulder, if not for mere curiosity and secondly for a somber method of protection.  All of which Brie could sustain herself.

She looked up and over at Riku and nodded.  Me thinks I should open it, she mutters.  Then again, Kree may need help.  She puts the box in a bag and draps the satchel over her shoulder and wanders off to Kree. 

Riku follows suit, she looks to Riku.  Go help tend to Ivy, she said quickly.

Aye, said the sprite and fluttered to his side.

Brie walks up to Kree and helps to heft the second red elf up and grabs her own arrow and jams it into the red skinned one.

I'm thinking it was a set up, regardless of who was the guards at the sides, she said.  I think we took the attackers by surprise.  Possibly more along the way as we go.  Shall we send out scouts ahead of the wagons and begin taking them out?
ToTou
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 23:40
Caravan road
 as they finished   lashing the last red Elf tot eh   other post, Kree nodded  at some of the things  Brie  said.

   There is a reason we stopped here..that is for certain.  I think it better we keep the Arrows   together... Red Elves  do not  come this  far into the mainland, for a small box of  goods....

   he  takes his bow from his shoulder,..there is a good bet, the  bodies  from  these  2   'ambushes' will be found.... the message will be sent...we shall see what  those  who sent these fools do about it.
Lafisual
 player, 217 posts
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 15:54
Caravan road
Lafisual stands by while the case gets a look over from Brie and then heads back to the group behind her still watchful. I can run scout as needed of course.  Once again it would appear that there is no way to keep things under wraps.  But perhaps not everything is known since they were apparently surprised by us, or at least by our tactics.  Lafisual muses as much to himself as anyone else in the area who might hear him.
to tou
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 13:33
Caravan road
   Kree  motions to Laf, Go tell the others  to  deploy as we did  before.... Brie and I will catch up, after  we  finish here....

 He   looked  down at the water... there  was still no sound  of the wagons rolling over the   bridge, nor the water  gurgling of the stones.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 241 posts
Sat 10 Dec 2016
at 04:09
Caravan road
Brie nodded in acknowledgement to Kree's information.

She and Kree finishes up with the markers.

Riku flutters high in the air to be an aerial scout and out of range of any more silenced attacks.
Lafisual
 player, 218 posts
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 15:37
Caravan road
Lafisual motions to the others as Kree instructed being extra careful and watchful in the silent area.  Once he can hear again he listens for anything and if he doesn't hear or see anything to be concerned about he looks up and back just enough to allow the others to see where he is.  Once everyone seems to be moving he resumes his scouting ahead.
to tou
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 14:32
Caravan road
    Kree and Brie, bring up the rear as they start to close in on Rolf and the wagons.


  Ivy was  still on the  wagon, more or less asleep, Riku flew over head, watching the  roadsides  for  sign of passing in the grasses.

   Diana was out  front, with Lucy on the right flank, and  Laf on the left flank...

  Luthien was walking near the front  wagon

  Tou looked to be a good  8 hours away yet.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 242 posts
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 23:26
Caravan road
Brie keeps one of her swords ready as she walks along behind the rest of the group.  She keeps her eyes open and ears alert for anyone trying to sneak up on them.

- - - -

Riku keeps a healthy distance above everyone looking for small walked on paths or any one wandering off by themselves from the beaten path.
to tou
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 03:13
Caravan road
  As the Wagon Moves.. and Riku in the air..there is not much happening. Ivy is    coming around, but still in a bit of bad shape.

 Luthien walks along  beside the wagon..the beggar  follows  behind the other wagon , that has the prisoners.

  Diana, Lucy and Laf don't  see much, nor  does Brie as she walks a bit  in front of  Kree.

 Rolf is behind the wagons, keeping his watch.

  Riku... sees  something...someone?... trapped in a quagmire  some 200 yards to the west of the road...
Riku Key
 player, 369 posts
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 04:47
Caravan road
Riku has flown for sometime and was starting to become tired.  Just as she was about to nose dive and rest something caught her attention.

Carefully flying a bit closer she got enough details to return to the leaders and relay the message.

Taking a turn about in the air she comes back down and gives a low whistle that her and Kree and Ivy had gotten accustom to over their travels.

Once Kree returns his, she'll find him to give the news.
To Tou
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 05:00
Caravan road
  Kree hears the  whistle . he moves to the   west ( right side) of the  road.

  Luthien..take charge, keep the wagons  moving...Rolf.. Brie..come with me.... Diana, Lucy and Laf..keep your eyes  open

 as  they  crossed over the edge of the road, The elf   waited for Riku...
Riku Key
 player, 370 posts
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 08:51
Caravan road
Brie moved silently along with Rolf and Kree.

Riku fluttered down and landed on Rolfs shoulder.

Up ahead.  West side of the road is a quagmire.  Someone there.  Didnt see what type of who.
Luthien
 player, 691 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 16:36
Caravan road
Luthien nods.

"Right. Forward, then."

Luthien goes on high alert. Whatever the Captain meant to do must be stealth related, and the Knight knew well he was useless for that.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 4 posts
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 19:47
Caravan road
   The cloaked figure was picking up the hems of his cloak in disgust just saving it from getting mired as well.  "Ach" he growls in a highland Brogue and pulls off his cloak and satchel and wrapping them around his staff he throws them toward the road, free of the mire and tries to slog out to no avail.
ToTou
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 20:53
Caravan road
  There is  rustling, the figure in the Mire can see three figures  spread out , walking  cautiously ....

 he ...thinks?..he  sees  something Flirting above them.

..............

  The  Middle one has a Bow  up as he  steps as if in the Hunt... to his left, is a bit ..more slender figure with a bow as well... to the   right his a more broad shouldered form..
Orlin lion soul
 player, 5 posts
Sun 1 Jan 2017
at 00:28
Caravan road
   Stopping from his struggles, Orlin spies the figures approaching.  Or fer beauties sake.  Put down yer weapons an give me a hand outta here.  I've got nothin worth theivin an ye've got nothing I'd want to be troubling myself with.
Lafisual
 player, 219 posts
Sun 1 Jan 2017
at 22:27
Caravan road
Lafisual maintains his vigilance while letting others deal directly with the cloaked figure in case it was a distraction.
To Tou
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 02:17
Caravan road
   Kree, Brie  and Rolf  come in closer... Riku Hovering close.

  ...we only take things  from dead Foes...as  for you troubling  us.... There is a Good  Natured  chuckle,..how did you find your self in this? Most folks know , when the rains  come, to step lightly, where the grass grows shorter.....For our part?..we guard a  small caravan so it  may reach Tou..we have been, beset twice....

 he looks over the  quagmire, and the  larger  build on the fellow,where  might you be headed? as he talked he nodded  for Brie and Rolf to  flank out left and right.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 7 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 10:35
Caravan road
   "Where am I headed?  Out of here I hope.  I've come from the mountains and got dropped off in this soggy valley.  It wasn't my idea to end up here.  Call it a spell gone wrong so I don't exactly have a destination right now." He shakes some mud from his hand,  "Egads, give me a good Alpine woods any day of the week."
Orlin
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 11:36
Caravan road
  Kree's  smile fades a bit as he talks of Alpine  woods, but  quickly comes back.

  ..Indeed.. we have had   some rain... and in an hour or so, we will have alot more..the wind is freshening, andthe sky is drk to the  south and west.... HAd we not  come along, there is a good  bet you would have  drowned as the  muck and mire grew in size....

 He watches Rolf and Brie test the edges of the mire,..I have a bit of a barter for you? We will aid  in getting you out... and you follow us  to Tou....Then?   we can talk over your destination over a hot Meal and cold drink?

 He looks  around for  Riku,RikU...Please Fetch Luthien... tell him to have the wagons  stop  and the  others   pull back to guard the wagons.....
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 359 posts
 Human Ranger
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 17:06
Caravan road
Rolf looks over the situation with the stranger, considers the layout of the trees and what may be done to help, maybe a tree branch that could either serve as a platform to haul the fellow up, or at least to allow him to swing along a bit.  If nothing else, he could throw a rope and drag the fellow out, though that'd leave him rather mucked up.

In low tones to his companions, he adds, "Helping one in need is an admirable task, assuming he's not bait for another attack.  He's not so much as shared a name, only demanded that we sheath our weapons and provide assistance.  He's in no immediate danger, perhaps he could provide a more detailed accounting of himself?"
To Tou
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 17:13
Caravan road
    Kree shucks off his pack,  searching through it  with one hand, as the  other holds his  bow, , pulling out  a tightly wrapped  Silk rope,..Luthien is coming, I am sure he will be able to answer   some of those  questions....

 He hands the Coil to Rolf and points to Brie, to have her  Bow  ready.

  Laying his bow on his pack, The elf asks,..you are  rather ....large featured? Perhaps you might  tell us  your name, and where you Hail from, whilst we ready the rope....
Riku Key
 player, 371 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 21:53
Caravan road
Riku takes flight towards Luthien to relay the message.

Upon seeing him, she flutters down within his height range.

Master Kree says to halt the wagons for a moment and remain on alert.  He is of need of your aide.

------------------------------------------

Brie took the flank opposite Rolf.  She looked about for any encroaching or hidden enemies whilst Rolf and Kree concoct a plan.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 8 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 23:52
Caravan road
Aye,  I'll come with ya.  I've nowhere else to be  an it would do me well to find a task to help you in return"

   As you get closer you see he is big, and without the cloak hairy and heavily muscled.
ToTou
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 00:51
Caravan road
   The Elf  Crouches  as he  looks over the  Fellow, with Brie standing watch with her  Bow, and Rolf working the Rope.

 I am Kree Qucikshadow.. I lead this Unit of Crimson Arrows. We are one of the  bigger  mercenary Companies in the lands.... we are also one of  the least liked, Since  we  may like short for Slavers and such...
Orlin lion soul
 player, 9 posts
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 05:25
Caravan road
   The giant stranger calms his frustration and takes time to compose himself. "I greet thee Kree Quickshadaow.  I am called Orlin, Lion soul in my own dialect.  I bid you may your path be safe and your journey fruitfull."  Orlin lapses into a more relaxed speech pattern while his eyes follow the rescue efforts. "I don't have much truck with slavers myself.  I believe the lot of the should be hamstrung and left for the wolves, but then like must of the Shamen of my people I've  a bit of a soft heart.  Us hill folk tend to stay to ourselves but when we do go abroad we tend to be mercenaries.  Few lowlanders have any other use for barbarian woodsman types."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:02, Tue 03 Jan 2017.

To Tou
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 13:02
Caravan road
 Looking over his shoulder, waiting  for Luthien, Then Back to Orlin, just the briefest of glances at Brie, to  make sure she  was covering the fellow.

   This  Is Rolf..... The elf jerks his head  to the Big fellow, and The Lady is Brie....They have  been part of  my unit  for a while..Rolf, amopst from the start...There are others  with the wagons... I called for the Holy Warrior who has been with me  a while, as well....

 He points  randomly in the sky,..Riku is  about, she may have the  roughest part of  The Crimsdon Arrows, as she will travel between units, or  out  base in Ironmound....should  we be successful in getting the wagons to Tou, we will head  South East to the Black Timber, where my Family's Village is...it is  also the main Base  for the Arrows,  as we take in , most folks  who have lost thier way of life to slavers..or red Elves....  he makes  a motion with his  right hand to show    'any reason'.

 Now?... Once Good  Rolf  gets  this   loop ready  we will try to  pull you out.... Luthien..will be able to help with that as well...Brie, will make certain, not  goes  awry
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 360 posts
 Human Ranger
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 18:07
Caravan road
Rolf pauses long enough to give the fellow a nod as Kree introduces him, but he keeps his attention on his work.  He finishes fashioning the loop.

He again studies the options.  He's rather not just pull the fellow through the muck if there's another option, but if there's not, through the muck the fellow he will pull.
to Tou
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 19:14
Caravan road
 being the grasslands, trees are  few and far between, most trees have  been grown, on purpose , near the road, to provide  some shade  for travelrs when they stop. even at that, there are  only clumps  of 2 or three that survive.

  So, Dragging seems to be what it will come to.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 11 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 20:03
Caravan road
The Firbolg realizes the situation and groans.  "Well, when ye come late to the campfire, you can't complain about getting a bad seat.". He takes a tossed rope and submits to being pulled out.
Luthien
 player, 692 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 02:06
Caravan road
Luthien arrives, having returned from his other duty. Well this was new. But he trusted his senses and the judgment of his goddess.

"Welcome."

He'd save further comment for later.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 599 posts
 Drak Hunter
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 02:13
Caravan road
  Shadow   watched   Rolf  toss  the  silken , braided rope to the big fellow in the Mire....Brie  was opposite with her Bow  ready...as  Riku fluttered  around.

 ...Good  Riku found  this  fellow. elsewise he would have been in a sorry  state when the storm, coming up the River  gets here....

 he  Turns  to Luthien, Between you, Rolf and I will should be able  to drag him out.....Perhaps?.. you might see..if there might be a 'cloud'  above his head?

 The elf's eyes drop down to Lutjhien's  Holy symbol  before  he joins  Rolf on the 'pulling end'...
Lafisual
 player, 220 posts
Mon 9 Jan 2017
at 04:01
Caravan road
Lafisual tries to maintain his vigilance in looking out but moves close enough to determine if help is needed and offers it if that is the case.
ToTou
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 04:13
Caravan road
The three   begin to Pull the large fellow out of the Pit, Its a wee bit harder then it looked , the  fellow  weighed a bit  more then they thought, but the braided silk rope seemed up to the task.

 Brie  watched over  as they finally Hauled him out.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 12 posts
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 04:56
Caravan road
Orlin gets up and looks down at his mud covered body, "Well, at least I be alive."  He looks around. "Is there a place I can change?  I'm not much of a prude but me paw always said don't show the goods in female company unless she's in fer the package deal."

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:10, Wed 11 Jan 2017.

ToTou
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 05:14
Caravan road
  Kree looks at Orlin, there are many thoughts  going through the elf's  mind as he see how tall the fellow is.

 well?.. there is a stream about a half mile back, where we last got jumped... Tou is  about 4v mile s away, well, be crossing the gate a little after the sun goes  down.. so?..its up to yhou if you want to clean up here..or there..., either way.. we needs  get those wagons to the town.

 He looks at Luthien to see  what he has to say...

 Taking  the Muddied   rope  from Rolf  and begins to  coil it, but  will leave it  strapped to the outside of his pack ,,this time.

 He  Nods to Brie  as  she   pulls on the Pack and Quiver  and   turns  back , in the direction of the road.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 13 posts
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 09:19
Caravan road
  "Well, if you have to get the wagons in, you have to get the wagons in."  He wipes his hands on vegetation and holds his great cloak and satchel at arms length: loath to put them on over his muddy clothes.  "It's warmer down here, I can wait 4 miles to clean up, if you have a place to carry my gear."   
to tou
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 13:13
Caravan road
 Kree  waves him to follow,Got  2  wagons. One has  one  of my wounded people  on it, the other has a captured fellow..and? we picked up a beggar....you may toss what you do not want to carry , on one of them...just keepm in mind, the Grass liands are great palces to hunt, by are dangerous in thier own right. Bogs like that are scattered all about, the only clue you have, is the shorter grass...

  As the group returns to the road  , the rest of the   Arrows  can see a  rather large  fellow, who is a bit muddy, carring   some  items  as he  follows  their  comrades  back towards the wagons.

 when they get with in Range, Kree calls out,..this fellow is Called Orlin, he will be  traveling with us to Tou, and MAyhaps longer.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 14 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 01:56
Caravan road
  Orlij puts his gear on a wagon. "Thanks, I'll stay on the road."  He extends his hand to where the Iron shod staff with the glowing stone at it's head lay in the grass jus beyond the bog. "tighinn seann aon"  The staff flies into his hand.  Orlin sets off at pace with the wagons.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:05, Thu 12 Jan 2017.

Brestine Darksbane
 player, 244 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 04:46
Caravan road
Brie took whatever she needed and walked with the group back to the wagons.

We must get going soon, she said.  I'd hate to be in the middle of an ambush with our pants pulled down.

She gives Kree a wink and nudge and looks to Orlin.  Welcome aboard.
Lafisual
 player, 221 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 05:23
Caravan road
Lafisual notices Orlin's little trick with the staff and makes a nod.  It's probably good he's on our side, he says to himself as he gets back to his scouting duties.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 15 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 23:27
Re: Caravan road
Brestine Darksbane:
Brie took whatever she needed and walked with the group back to the wagons.

We must get going soon, she said.  I'd hate to be in the middle of an ambush with our pants pulled down.

She gives Kree a wink and nudge and looks to Orlin.  Welcome aboard.


   Orlin ponders this for a moment,  He seems to be one to think things through before he speaks. "It's good to be here."  He looks back at the bog "It seems I don't have the knowledge it takes to survive in these lands."
to Tou
Mon 16 Jan 2017
at 04:23
Re: Caravan road
   Kree  and the others   catch up to the wagons. He   introduces  Orlin around, and  tells  the big fellow to walk with the  wagon that has the wounded elf.

 ....This  time... we  keep going until we reach the gates?  Aye?


 There is a brief  look around , as he adds,..thanks  to   watering the horses,..his eyes shift to the head  Wagoneer,we shall be   walking the last 2 hours in the dark...
Orlin lion soul
 player, 18 posts
Mon 16 Jan 2017
at 16:08
Re: Caravan road
Walking at night?  Not a good survival tactic in the woods hw comes from.  Still he see's the necessity here.  There is a faint sound of silibant whispering from the staff.  "no" he says quietly, and flatly, and the whispering is silent.
to tou
Tue 17 Jan 2017
at 13:26
Re: Caravan road
  While they walked  along  with the wagons, Kree whistled a signal to Lucy,...you and Diana, right ahead, as soon as you can see the guard towers, Tell them there is a two wagon caravan coming in, that has been attacked  2 times..and we  want escorted in...

 when Lucy returns to the front of the wagons, Kree begins  to talk to Orlin,..We are the Crimson Arrows, or at least, one unit of them... for our part?  we are on our  way to the Black Timber...we  picked up this contract to give us something to do , on the way.

 Pointing out the Members as they walk, saying their names, finishing with the wounded Ivy on the  wagon.... The Arrows  are , mor eor less, like  any bother  Company..we  hire folks.. we take contracts...but...My  we never..ever ..pass up ma chance to kill slavers or bandits that are harrassing the  poorer  folks of this realm... The rich can buy guards...or  can live  where there  are watchmen and such... Patch houses, famers..rangers.. they are on thier own..Merchants...

 ...well..we protect them ,, because  merchants  are vital to the lands...but? there are not enough gods  to save them, if  we find out, the merchants deal in slaves, or..aid  the enemies of Ironmound.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 245 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 05:28
Re: Caravan road
Brie kept back taking the tail end for any one wanting to sneak attack them again.  She let Kree take the lead and introduce Orlin to the rest of the company.  She took care of other matters.

Riku took to the skies and watched from above.  Using more of a middle ground between them and the scouting parting ahead.
Lafisual
 player, 223 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 05:29
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual pays more attention to his scouting duties but listens to the conversation in so much as it doesn't distract him.
Diana Hunt
 player, 266 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 16:38
Re: Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 222):

Diana and Lucy rode ahead.  When they reached the guard tower, both delivered the message that the Arrows were inbound with two wagons, a prisoner, and wounded.

Once the message was delivered, they returned to Kree nd the Arrows.
to tou
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 19:19
Re: Caravan road
  The Guards  Acknowledge  them  and say  6 riders  will be sent out to meet them  as soon as they saddle up.

................

  Back  with the wagons the group marches on. the  sun is  only a sliver above the mountains ,  add to the   towering Black clouds  that sweep up the  River basin

 rain drops  begin to hit   them as they march, the  wagoneers  Pulling Heavy Cloaks, while the  Arrows   put on, what they have.

 Ivy, is  awake, and he is none too happy, he  pulls his  hood over his head. The  prisoners   cover the best they can, but receive no help from the Arrows.

 The Beggar puts  on a cloak , Kree gave him from  dead raiders.

the semi darkness grows,... the wagon group an see the torches and Lanterns of Tou, in the distance.
Diana Hunt
 player, 269 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 00:32
Re: Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 226):

Diana and Lucy return with the news of the escort coming shortly.

Both Lucy and Diana don poncho's that fit loosely.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 20 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 20:56
Re: Caravan road
to tou:
  While they walked  along  with the wagons, Kree whistled a signal to Lucy,...you and Diana, right ahead, as soon as you can see the guard towers, Tell them there is a two wagon caravan coming in, that has been attacked  2 times..and we  want escorted in...

 when Lucy returns to the front of the wagons, Kree begins  to talk to Orlin,..We are the Crimson Arrows, or at least, one unit of them... for our part?  we are on our  way to the Black Timber...we  picked up this contract to give us something to do , on the way.

 Pointing out the Members as they walk, saying their names, finishing with the wounded Ivy on the  wagon.... The Arrows  are , mor eor less, like  any bother  Company..we  hire folks.. we take contracts...but...My  we never..ever ..pass up ma chance to kill slavers or bandits that are harrassing the  poorer  folks of this realm... The rich can buy guards...or  can live  where there  are watchmen and such... Patch houses, famers..rangers.. they are on thier own..Merchants...

 ...well..we protect them ,, because  merchants  are vital to the lands...but? there are not enough gods  to save them, if  we find out, the merchants deal in slaves, or..aid  the enemies of Ironmound.


   "Sounds fair.  I've more than a couple bones ta pick with slavers m'self.  My people tend to be prime targets.  We live in small, isolated communities and are strong of back and naturally skilled in the way of the woods.  tempting targets for those who consider us animals."  Orlin considers it for a bit. "I don't have anything I need to be doing for a couple of decades.  Mind If I help out a bit?"
to tou
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 22:47
Re: Caravan road
   Kree reaches inside his  Tunic, puling a pouch from with ins he  Opens it, bending to the fading sunlight.

   He finds a Silver arrow   with a chip of  ruby for a head  and fletchings,..wear this , so it may be seen. That is the way of the Companies, to ensure their members are easy to see, and  Guards   may act  on them as  , per The Mercenary Code. Should you wish to leave..return the  arrow to me, or  any other Arrow. Once  we reach Tou, will add your name to our  charter.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 22 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 01:28
Re: Caravan road
   Orlin eye's him as he fingers the arrow, "That easy huh?  Well I don't want to be blind siding you or anything, if it isn't a good fit I'll give notice.  By the honor of tha highlands I'll give it a go." He offers a hand.  It is obvious to one in the know that this means more than ant signed document to him.  His staff in the other hand flickers and utters a whispered comment...not quite understandable.  Orlin glances at it, "Yeeeaaah, I'm sure ye be all broken up over this arrangement."  He says sarcastically.  The stone flickers once and says nothing.
to tou
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 03:01
Re: Caravan road
  Kree  Shakes his   hand  , by grasping the  wrist....There  are horns in the distance.

 ..That is  the guard horns, signaling   Rider leaving.... the sound it for two reasons.. to let us know..and to scare off  any  foolish folk that would be near the  town and try to attack


  Luthien?  When we get to Tou, Give  Ivy a once over...then all of you get rest and  a meal..I will see to our payment, ,and make ceertain the Priosners are delivered as well...

 ..you will  take  food  with the rest, and get a might's sleep. and we will see about that  boat ride..

 The Beggar   nods his head rapidly,..thank you sir....It ismore   then i expected, ,when i stood on the side of the road , this day.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 23 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 03:54
Re: Caravan road
Orlin accepts the grasp.  He looks in the cart. "You have wounded?  I'm no carrier healer but I have a passin knowledge of herbs an remedies.  Once I am clean I can see what I can do, if'n ya like."
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 600 posts
 Drak Hunter
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 04:26
Re: Caravan road
  ..He is my Cousin, Ivyian..Ivy...for short...he caught an arrow  from a Red Elf..there were two of them, with the  human folks that ambushed us the second time

 ..their arroes  sometime  cause   Normal elves, great pain, ebcause of the  steel they use  to make the heads...

 The  walls were of  River stone..supported  by  huge poles  rammed into the ground, on each side.. the walls  were roughly  12  foot  high..the sounds  of  horses  could barley be heard,,, and the Bobbing of  lanterns  could be seen.

 The rain was harder now... down by the river, is was a down pour... though it was  hard to see... they group could here the waters  rushing up  into the grasslands, as the , already soaked  ground, had trouble taking any more.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 24 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 06:16
Re: Caravan road
   Orlin nods "Ah, so it be a minor form of blood poisoning.  I've heard that about ya Elves.  Colts foot will make the blood strong again and willow bark and chamomile tea will relax and induce sleep allowing his body to heal it's self amore rapidly."  Orlin thinks a bit.  "If the wound isn't healing well either, cumfrey root is a good go-to for knitting the flesh.  I'm not sure if I have any but I should be able to find it in town."
ToTou
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 18:04
Re: Caravan road
  The is a  dark, merry chuckle  from the elf,..well..the two Red Elves  have been posted as a warning to any others.... it will not deter the red Elves too much, but it was an  enjoyable thing to do.


  ..I am not certain, how much dealing you had with Red Elves, it is rare the  go into the mountains...it is a bit to cold for them...though? they are sometimes hosted  by the Dark Elves or Dark Dwarves.. but even these temperate  climes make them  chilly... Their   Island Nation off the  South of Laynak is  hot to the point , that all vegetation has  learned to grow under ground... Water  from the limited rains  drain into  sink holes that are like huge lakes... and the  one large surface lake they have is thick with a slime,that covers  the waters, there  are huge  fish in there, that live off that slime?...There are spiney trees  there..whose roots   go deeper then the trees grow tall..and the leaves   are the finest food a traveler  can have..one must fight the  odd beasties  down there to  gather  their share...

 Then he  shrugs and Continues,..the Red Isel Halflings are nearly  as nasty as the red Elves, they do  join together , once in a while..but both are pirates, slavers and enemies to the Ironmound Flag...unlike  the Red  Elves, the  Red Isles are lush, with some  small mountains, there is rumored to be  some 50 islands  that make up their lands..., Laynak Troops have tried, and failed to invade them...just..too much ground to cover...so?.. the fight in the seas...or  take on landings  of Red Isle troops as they try and raid the coast.

  As the Rider   come with in sight,  Kree  calls out to Diana, Laf and  Riku..Laf, mount up  with Diana, and Riku will watch  from above... secure us rooms at an Inn..try to  stay away from the Slum area..but if you must?..you must

 he begins to tick off  names....

 ..stay away from the  House  called ..'Girls'.. you can go there if your needs require, once the rest of us arrive

other   Inns ...

Cob's..roadhouse..room and board

Bat's...Just a tavern

Ti's ..sailors  rest on the wharf.

Ale...drinking  place on the  wharf

The Shade...nasty place in the slums

Ne's...Nasty Place..Black Market

Fod's..nasty place in the slums

Og's..bad  Place. mostly free mercs

To's... nice place, some  bad folks

The Mast..nice place.

CoH's Good  food, no rooms, lots of travelers and  bards...

House of Tou...expensive..rooms only

Tall Tree's...Halfling run Tavern

Ba's Rooms....Most expensive place in town for rooms.

Arc's...best food in town

,when he was  done  rattling off the   Inns, he says to Laf, in a very low tone......Make certain, that you let it be known, ...by..um..talking too much.. That the Arrows  are bringing in  wagons from Tou  and how you heroicly  beat off two ambushes...

  Now..go..meet us   at The GAtes...You will see Cobs as soon as yuou go across the drawbidge and enter the  gates

  as the  riders  approach, one of the moons break out towards the  east.. the light of  the  giant lake, shimmers   as   Navel ships   sail around the Lake on patrol...lights  show some night fishermen , who braved the weather... The Drawbidge spans  the Tou, coming  up on both ends, when Masted vessels need to pass... Just outside the   cidy, maybe   a mile..or less is a catapult station with Lanterns alight..The Tou Nave  has a frigate at the docks, that are right by the main gate...the rest of the ships  either are patrolling, or at the wharfs to the east...in the light of the moon , as it  contests with the smoke from the hundreds of  houses in the town, show  some taller  buildings peeking over the walls...these,,,slowly   go9 out o9d sight, as the   wagons draw neared the Drawbeidge.
Riku Key
 player, 374 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 05:45
Re: Caravan road
ToTou:
  As the Rider   come with in sight,  Kree  calls out to Diana, Laf and  Riku..Laf, mount up  with Diana, and Riku will watch  from above... secure us rooms at an Inn..try to  stay away from the Slum area..but if you must?..you must


Riku took to the skies to overlook everyone for a bit.  She would come back down once everyone got settled and have a talk with Kree over the other group and their current predicament when she left.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 246 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 05:46
Re: Caravan road
Brie brought up the rear of the group catching up with Kree as others began to make their way into the city.

Any preference yourself? she asks.  Ivy crashing with us or does he have a Lady here too?
to tou
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 06:08
Re: Caravan road
  Kree laughed a bit, and odd sound from the normally..stoic.. elf.... with Ivy? it is hard to tell, if he  does not  have any  as of this moment, i am certain he will , with in a few hours.

 Then he thought  for a moment,..It may be a good idea to come with me, when we ...'make sure'..the goods  are delivered..i am thinking there  may be some...discussion..... of  what i want our pay to be...
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 247 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 06:19
Re: Caravan road
Brie gave a nod.  Of course, she said.  I'll be there, especially if Ivy isn't capable of anything more than  menage trois at the moment.

Where she had been a bit more stiff up to this moment, thinking of Ivy and his love for women, gave her a chuckle.

I'm thinking Ivy loves women more so than his own sword, at times.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 601 posts
 Drak Hunter
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 06:30
Re: Caravan road
 With a Glance towards the wagon, that held his miserable  Cousin, Kree laughed  just a bit, as he answered,Aye...but not more then his  bow!
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 248 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 21:23
Re: Caravan road
Aye, she said softly jabbing him in the arm.  His bow he could make love to, but might end up with splinters.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 602 posts
 Drak Hunter
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 21:52
Re: Caravan road
  Kree  gave a mock look of being insulted,..Razorhawk bows...do not...have  splinters!

 The  Draw Bridge was up0 as a  Sloop was leaving the lake to go on a night patrol of the Tou River.

 The wagons  stood  for a moment, one of the  Horsemen said ... so?   Your scouts  said you  were ambushed?..Twice?

 ..Aye, the  second time.. there were a Pair of red Elves  with them...

 one of the other  riders laughed,..two red Elves...  i suppose you ran them off..did ya now?

 ..nay, we did   not...... came a terse reply.

 ..I thought not... i would have liked to see one..you know..for real...the  other  riders laughed.

 Well, Good Fellow, Take your lantern, ride hard to the first bridge you come to... they are staked to the    Bridge Posts, with the MArk of the Arrows , carved in their forehead.....best hurry..before the  night ebasts  smell the blood  from the  bandits we stacked up....There should still be enough left, though...

 The LAughter stopped, Kree pointed  down the road,

 The riders  remained quiet as the  bridge was  wound down  for the wagons  to cross.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 249 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 23:20
Re: Caravan road
Brie looked over Kree's shoulder and commented.

Unless you'd like to be the beasties dinner tonight?  I'm sure that could be arranged.

She snickered.  Now either help or move aside....please.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 361 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 14:36
Re: Caravan road
Rolf had tagged along towards the back of the group, keeping an eye on the back trail as always.  Even as often as he'd witnessed having new members sign on, and his own signing on not all that long ago, it still seems odd how quick and uncomplicated it seems.  On the other hand, those who have proved false, or even ill-suited, were just as quickly handled.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 25 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 18:38
Re: Caravan road
    "Any suggestion o where a guy can get cleaned up?"  Garrat looks down at his muddy cloths..
to tou
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 18:54
Re: Caravan road
  Kree  shrugs,..most of the Inns  have bath  Houses or , at least a trough and such for washing clothing in the back...they don't want their beds all messed up... This rain is getting some of the travel dirt off,  we might have to  have our things  cleaned.

  we will also hear from Laf and Diania to see what they hear about town, we might find something to earn some coin on the  way to the Black Timber...
Lafisual
 player, 224 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 19:32
Re: Caravan road
Upon arrival in town without being too conspicuous, Lafisual looks things over to see if there is a good place to stay and if there are rumors or news that might be of interest to the arrows.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 26 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 21:09
Re: Caravan road
Orlin snorts and looks across the town as the rain comes down, pouring off some of the roofs made with tile. "Would I get arrested if I stripped down to my loin cloth and stood under a down spout?"
Lafisual
 player, 226 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 21:31
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual looks around for a place that would seem appropriate for the group to rest.  He puts a premium on a place that can take care of the horses as well having the appearance of providing a hot meal and accommodations to clean up.
Diana Hunt
 player, 273 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 22:43
Re: Caravan road
In reply to Lafisual (msg # 247):

"I an see a couple places worth trying." Diana says to Laf.

"There's The Mast, To's, House of Tou, and Ba's Rooms." She said.  "Anything else is in the slums, or has a bad reputation." She said.

"What do you think?"
Lafisual
 player, 227 posts
Wed 25 Jan 2017
at 04:37
Re: Caravan road
Let's see if we one of those can clean us up and take care of the horses.  Try the Mast first?  He heads that way with Diana unless she raises an objection.
Riku Key
 player, 375 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 05:03
Re: Caravan road
Riku was growing very tired.  With the rain pressing upon her in flight, she fluttered down and landed on Kree's shoulder.

I must encroach upon your shoulder, Sire.  I'm growing tired and the wetness is thwarting my attempts to fly.  Aside from the rain, there is much I must speak of you with.  Shall it be now or later?
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 603 posts
 Drak Hunter
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 05:24
Re: Caravan road
  Kree looked at the Pixie,..if it is of import, then speak now, if you would rather  wait until the warmth of an inn... we can do that as well...

 ..Captain Quickshadow? We will be taking our  wagons to the Bazaar  where we  will lock up a place to sell some  wares  for a day....but  we will retire to the House of Tou, and you may meet us in the morning at the bazaar  to get paid off and...

 Kree  took a few quick steps to be even with the wagonleader,..nay, Good  Merchant.... we will be paid off this  night. Regardless of what expenses you have..you owe us for our  job..and  we  will collect. Your ..Special Cargo will come with me...

 ..The 9 hells , you say! the wagoneer snapped.

  Kree turned his head up, water   dripping in rivlets down the hood, I seek not you permission...wagoneer.. you...'folly'..almost lost  you goods and some of my people..i will not be  taking  any advice from you this night....

 The Merchant nodded,...where will you take it....

 ..in the Inn my scouts  have  picked out... it shoudl be safe with  Arrows  around it..and?.. if  there is a goodly buyer..perhaps, you'll make  more coin...\

..you cannot  sell it to someone else...it could mean my death!...

 Aye...when you deal in goods , such as this... you very well could die....Right ? he stared   at the  head Wagoneer who looked away..the drawbridge was down, and the moved once more.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 27 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 05:56
Re: Caravan road
In reply to Kree Quickshadow (msg # 25
  Orlin hears the conversation between Kree and the wagoneer.  He immediately steps up behind Kree the moment the wagoneer starts to object, with his iron shod staff resting across his shoulders.  The blue stone in it's mount glowed brightly and energy seemed to crackle up and down the shaft.as the downpour pounded unnoticed across his shoulders.

   As the wagoneer moved off, Orli fell into pace by Kree.  "Was there something you needed help with?"
Riku Key
 player, 376 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 06:47
Re: Caravan road
Riku gave a soft chuckle.

Warmth would be nice, she said.  I will go into details once at the inn, but is is about the fairest Myranda and the troup elsewhere.  Seems she has gotten...detained.

She looks to Kree trying to read him, but knowing full well that he won't be happy when he hears the details.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 250 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 06:50
Re: Caravan road
Brie happened to overhear Riku's comment about Myranda and being detained.

Detained? she said.  She couldn't think of any more to say.  She shook hear head at the mere thought of what the sister elf had gotten herself into.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 604 posts
 Drak Hunter
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 13:06
Re: Caravan road
  Detained?.... the word was more of a curse, they a question,

   Aye, Riku, you may get into the details  when we reach the Inn...

  Slowing down a few steps  to let the Wagoneer lead his wagons a few yards  ahead, while, still keeping ahead of the Second wagon...Kree says in a lowered  voice.

 I was approached  by the merchant, while we were at a  Ball at the Palace. There were no real pressign matters    to be taken up by this  unit, so i took the  contract, since  i wanted us to  return to the Black Timber...

 ..though the wagons  are full or goods this merchants represents, there are also two chests worth of  Engar white..

 There is a bit of a shrug,..Engar White, is  made from the  blood of the White Sea Worms... Sea Elves  and Merfolk..will kill anyone they see  trying to get white seaworms.... Merfolk will also eat those they kill or capture...They use it , in non-magic healing potions.... Holy Folks  don't  care much for it..to them it is unnatural and ungodly..even the darker gods  frown on its use...or?...  so they say.

 ..i made them pay us  an extra  200 gold   beofre we even started...I am also going to see if  we can find a buyer, that will pat more  then the Merchant is getting from , whomever it was to be delivered....

 Then he adds with a bit of  a glare, at the  front wagon, thought the glare might be lost in the gathering Dark and rain.

 ...I suspect, that the head  wagoneer has plotted against the merchant, or the Merchant and wagoneer,  have agame running on the side... The first bandit attack was shrugged off..the second attack, with the redleves had some effective magic used, at an ambush point i wanted to push through.. That is where my Cousin was wounded....be that as it may be....there will be a reckoning, should  I find out for
Riku Key
 player, 377 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 05:59
Re: Caravan road
Riku nodded.  I agree, she said and left any context of emotion out of it.  Already she knew that Kree was rather displeased with the pre-news.
Lafisual
 player, 228 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 15:05
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual and Diana step in to the Mast to see what they see.
to tou
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 16:10
Re: Caravan road
  The Mast is well Kept, it is one the other side of the town ( to the right). There are some sailors, a few locals, and some merchants and Mercs.

 There is warmth  and  a lot of space, in the Common room, with some side  rooms  as well...there are two sets of steps, one on each side of the  Bar.

 People are  talking, a Young  human is  playing a stringed instrument .
Lafisual
 player, 229 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 16:27
Re: Caravan road
Does it look like there is a place to clean up and also is there a livery either attached or nearby? Lafisual wonders.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 28 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 19:04
Re: Caravan road
I don'a have much in the way of low land coins." He examines some coins from the last age, "do ya have a suggestion for a place I can get clean and clean me clothes?"
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 251 posts
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 05:51
Re: Caravan road
In reply to Kree Quickshadow (msg # 257):

With some of the others looking for guidance, she began to walk past.  Shall I catch us a room?  Or wait for the others to return for affirmation?
tou
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 19:12
Re: Caravan road
  Laf knows there is a stable behind the Inn. there is also a wash house, of sorts in  the  , That have 8 stalls where one can use heated  water, once  the built the fires The water  goes out to a drain, the will make its  was to the  lake

.....................


  Kree  shrugs at  Orlin's lack of coin, ..there is not one of  us, that has not been short of  coin... we can  stay on our coin, until yu begin to get paid.

......

 to BrieWhen Laf and Diana get back they will lead us to an Inn.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 29 posts
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 21:20
Re: Caravan road
  "If I can do anything to help, let me know." Orlin stays with the group, cautious in this strange place.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:54, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

Luthien
 player, 694 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 22:18
Re: Caravan road
Luthien's been quiet of late, but still present. Perhaps something was bothering him of late...
Lafisual
 player, 230 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 00:08
Re: Caravan road
Well Diana, I think this will do.  It seems to have everything and we were told it was a nice place so why don't we recommend this one?  I will double check that they have room. Lafisual looks for someone who can confirm that there is room for the group to stay here.
tou
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 02:29
Re: Caravan road
 One of the owners  greets  Laif. he points out  the stables  and  the bathhouse, that the Bathhouse Is linked to the back of them inn By a wooden corridor


 He frowns , just a bit as he looks at the road  dustwe have  2  rooms  down stairs  at 2 silvers a night...and  the whole top floor is availble,,at1 gold per night..there are  10 rooms  up there...the 2nd  floor is booked,
Diana Hunt
 player, 274 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 04:23
Re: Caravan road
In reply to tou (msg # 268):

"There are six of us, so we will take six rooms." Diana said.

"The upper floor is fine.  As soon as the boss gets here he can tell you how long we will be here.  Probably no more then a few days." She said.
Lafisual
 player, 231 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 05:02
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual nods at Diana.  I will go find them and make sure they are headed this way.

Lafisual heads out to report the situation taking care to mention that the owner wasn't especially thrilled about our 'dust' but otherwise the place seemed welcoming enough.  But they do have stables and adequate facilities for us to clean up.  Prices seem reasonable.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 252 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 05:36
Re: Caravan road
Brie awaits for the pair to get back and it wasn't long before Lafisual returned.  When she heard the news she gave him a nod.

Thank you fair sir, she said respectfully to him.  She gathered up her things after having set them on the ground for a moment to rest.

She looked to Kree and Orlin after Laf made his announcement.  Looks like a trip to the bath house is in it for you Orlin.  I'll even pay for some extra bubbly for you.

She gives a wink and looks to Kree.  Shall we?  She reaches for whatever gear he doesn't feel to carry.

------------

Riku simply took off in the direction that Lafisual described.  She was going to find a nice quiet rafter to rest in and dry off near the fire.
Luthien
 player, 695 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 22:10
Re: Caravan road
Luthien takes one of the upper rooms...he's quite capable of affording whatever he needs to. After that...he needed some time to reflect in the Temple. As soon as somebody could point him to the Temple District, he'd head that way.
Diana Hunt
 player, 275 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 02:07
Re: Caravan road
Diana was looking forward to a nice warm bath.  She needed to wash of the blood of the fight and the dust from the road.

She went upstairs to claim a room, and once that was done, retuned downstairs to see about preparing a nice, warm bath.
Lucy
 player, 208 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 02:11
Re: Caravan road

Lucy was surprisingly ... tired.  The two fights, plus the long ride had  left her a bit tired.  she went to claim her room, and then laid down on the bed for what she intended to only be a short "cat" nap.

She awoke four hours later.
TheMast
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 03:59
Re: Caravan road
   Kree watched the merchant go, he spoke to him firmly,...The apyment?...and? the chests, please....

 The  Merchant as taken aback , by Kree  saying this  in front of everyone.

 he and  The Head Wagoneer brought the two chest over... and handed  Kree a pouch..The Pouch is your Payment...what of our chests...

 Motioning  for others  to grab the chests  and take them Up stairs, the elf says to the Merchant,Depending  on what happens  this night, or the next..you could be very rich...or very dead....

The wagoneer snaps,..this weren't none of the bargin...

 Kree's eyes shifted to him as he still faced the Merchant.....neither was being ambushed by a stream, lead  by Red Elves....They aren't stupid...Red Elves....if they risk showing themselves in our land...it must have been important


  The Merchant's voice  was pleading.....i already have a Buyer....

 Then?.. while you sell your goods, and   that person approaches you...you tell him there is  another player in the game...now..leave us..we are no longer contracted to you...those chests..may or may not bring you coin, as my heart desires...

 Walking away the  Wagoneer is fuming and snapping at the miserable  Merchant.

 Approaching the  counter, Kree asks the owner, Give us the , whole of the upstair, please....for 2 days and nights..we will leave on the  3rd morning... looking around , seeing few people eating,Could we get a hearty Dinner of hot  food, cold drink...and mayhaps some sweets?

 The  owner ( one of them) nodded and his smiles  fell and rose nervously,...you said ..Red Elves... you killed  Red  Elves?

 ..there  were only two... my comrades killed them, though i made certain to leave them as a message..they might still be there, if the beasts  don't get to the bodies  this night

 It is LAte, so we  we gather the leftovers  and set them on the big table... you'll get a better break fast in the morning... we have  some beef stew...homemade bread Vegetable soup.. and  Some Lake trout  steaks..we have today's made pastries  for  sweets...all the baked goods  are made here.. we don't get bakery made...there is also some selections  of  fruits..that may tide you over  until the morrow?

 ..God Elf...i need your name for the register?

 He looks down at the book the fellows  hand  quivering a bit.Quickshadow...Kree Quickshadow..and  the Crimson Arrows.

when all was  done he handed out the keys to everyone, keeping the  extras  to himself,

 he counts out the  coins shuffles  some around  to make change..

 (( everyone, Including  Orlin who is in this until get 30 gold  10 silvers )) he takes the rest to pay for the rooms, board  and  baths..to the  coin...and says,..this  squares  us for  rooms, eats and baths......when our time to leave comes, you may bet a bit more, depending on how happy you have made us...

 ..The food  will be hot and ready i about  2 hours or a bit less..we will make sure none other try to take any.

 Thank you..we will no doubt share?..but after  my people have eaten..it has  been a long  rugged way.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:33, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

Orlin lion soul
 player, 30 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 10:05
Re: Caravan road
  "It does look that way lady Brie." Orlin says, but first he picks up one of the chests and moves it to where it is needed.  He chooses to bath while the others start their meal.  Used to cold showers he scrubs down while the water is heating and adds more.  The Firbolg then changes into clean breeches and tunic then draws his great furred cloak around him, comfortable in it's presence even if it is warm for the low land weather.

   He soon joins the arrows in the hall.  Orlin accepts the coin gratefully in his gruff manor, and once seeing that they have filled their plates takes his own food.  His appetite is healthy, but it is noted that he made sure the others ate first.

   His staff is close at hand, though he isn't always seen moving it there.  He seeks out Ivyian, "Well, Ivy is it? let's have a look at your nick.  I'm not sure what I can do to help it this late in the game but I should be able to at least make ya a wee bit more comfy."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:16, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

tou
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 13:37
Re: Caravan road
  Ivy  Frowns,damnable red Elf  bastards....If they thought i hated them before.... the have not seen a thing, yet...

  Opening his tunic, the wound site is  still a bit  read, but otherwise  healed...Luthien, healed me... but the  damn steel the  redelves use...takes alot out of us ..REAL..elves.

 The Beggar  fellow stood in the Common room, Kree waved him over,..you will stay with us , while we stay.... I want you to get Cleaned up..and eat with us... you can thinak us, by helping guard these chests  this night....in the morning, i want you to go the  the Docks  and seek out s ship to work on, as you told me...

 Turning to one of the owners, Kree says,..from your Lost and found, give him the best clothing  for  working the ships, that you might have...

 ..but ..Sir..should the people come back to claim them?

 ..they were lost....now they are found, what good does it do anyone, to sit in your closet,when some one  can pout them to use?

  The owner nods  his head rapidly,..yes sir, of course....it would be nice to see him..tidied up a bit?

 The Beggar  smiles, Kree also hands him few coins for his 'guard  duty'..the fellow seems to grow a bit taller as he smiles a bit more..then is off to get cleaned up.

 Kree looks  around at those  getting cleaned up, and Those that are... he waves up at Riku, and tells her to eat and stay warm..

 To Brie he says,..let us clean these   clothing , so as not to offend our hosts, and  perhaps wash some of the  dust and Mud from ourselves...
Orlin lion soul
 player, 31 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 15:40
Re: Caravan road
   "It is good to know you have some real healers in the unit."  Orlin says looking critically at the injury.  "I fear I'm little more than an herbalist.  The true talent of healing escapes me."

   
Orlin finishes his inspection and sits back.  "That said, there are things that can help a body fight toxic or allergic reactions and I have a multi purpose healing salve with soap root and ash in it that will help you clean up, and see to the health of any cuts and scrapes you might have."

   He rustles around the inside of his satchel and pulls out a link of ibex intestine with a white creamy substance.  "These was formulated by the mountain people long ago to keep a long time, but I need to refresh my supply anyway within the next couple of weeks.  If you and the other members of the group wish to, please use it up.  It's no good goin bad on us."

   The salve is a thick paste almost to the point of being a solid and smells pleasant.  It can be worked into a foam when it comes into contact with water. and has the positive affects of Goatsmilk soap with ingredients that are both antiseptic and soothing.  "Squeeze out what you need and pass it on to the others.  There is plenty there so it should cover the entire group,"  A smile twitches at the corner of his mouth "Even with women bathing."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:43, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

Rolf Liefsen
 player, 362 posts
 Human Ranger
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 18:29
Re: Caravan road
Rolf tags along with Kree to meet with the merchant and the wagoner.  He shares the suspicion that they were working an angle, but Rolf isn't terribly comfortable with absconding with the cargo, but he keeps his thoughts unsaid.  If he's got a problem with Kree, that's a matter between the two of them in private, not something to be witnessed by outsiders.

Thinking it through though, how else are they supposed to figure out who was behind the ambushes?  Having worked it out, his concerns are put to ease, at least for the moment.

Heading back to the inn, Rolf claims a room for himself, finding the place a bit more opulent than is his wont, but again Rolf keeps his thoughts unsaid.  He makes ready to enjoy the luxury of the bath house.  As long as he was living like the rich and spoiled, he might as well do so while clean.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 253 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 20:42
Re: Caravan road
Brie motions to take the gear and for a key to the room.  I can clean up rather quickly, she said.  Do we wait until after eating to clean up?

She looks to Orlin as he heads up to clean up in whatever shape or form he prefers.

Ivy doing any better? she asks.
Riku Key
 player, 378 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 20:44
Re: Caravan road
Riku takes the que and flutters down landing near the drink and bread, motioning for some of the stew to be placed in a small milk bowl.

She looks to Kree off and again for a motion to speak about his cousin.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 605 posts
 Drak Hunter
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 21:05
Re: Caravan road
 ..Something to drink first..and to speak with RiKu...after that we shall get cleaned up, and eat in comfort..its  been a long time in these elathers, sitting around fries, to eat...

 he  pours some of the wine for the other two as  he sips the cold  drink..then waits  for Riku.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 32 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 21:06
Re: Caravan road
   "Externally he appears almost completely healed, internally..."  Orlin flutters his hand.  "I don't deal a lot with Elves but I have to imagine iron poisoning will weaken his immune response for some time.  I shall find a local physician and learn some.  In the mean time we can counter with herbal suppliments that boost his body's ability to deal with injury and unclean substances that cause festering."
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 606 posts
 Drak Hunter
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 22:03
Re: Caravan road
 ..Thank you for that, but once you have  done what you can, eat and rest... the next 2 days should be...interesting.

 The Beggar returned, cleaned  and , somewhat shaved..smiling a  bit, as he  gathered  some food, bread and fruit...Can't thank you enough... I'll be  headin' to teh dokc in the morning to see what i can find, I'll return either way, to let you know if  i found me a berth.

 Waving the fellow off with a slight smile,..you earned it...let me use one more of my people to do their jobs...

  The Begger bowed his head  and  smiled  , sitting down at a table he began to eat.
Lafisual
 player, 232 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 03:53
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual heads up and claims a room.  After settling and meditating for some minutes he gathers himself and finds the place to clean up a bit and refresh.  Heading back to his room he lies down for a few minutes and then heads back to the main room.  Looking things over he finds where the others are sitting and joins them thinking about how different those red elves were from most of the elves he knew where he was from.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 254 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 03:59
Re: Caravan road
Brie takes a seat, putting their gear at their feet for easy reach.  She grabs some food and listens at everything going on.

She looks at Riku who needed a bit of help with getting herself set up.
Riku Key
 player, 379 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 04:00
Re: Caravan road
Riku gives the lady elf a nod.  She moves a bit closer for an easier time to converse with Kree.

Master Elf, she said.  She gives him a moment to begin.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 607 posts
 Drak Hunter
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 04:19
Re: Caravan road
 Refilling his  Glass, and grabbing  some fruit, he sits and awaits, Riku's report, Nodding to Laif as he returns.
Riku Key
 player, 380 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 05:39
Re: Caravan road
Riku takes a sip of the ale and recalls what had occured.

"Master," she started.  "It seems that Myranda may have gotten into a quarrel that has landed herself into a near-life death situation.  I arrived in time to at least provide appropriate and alternate measures to keep her from the worse of situations."


She dabbed some bread in stew.  "I left and they were taking her into a holding cell.  The group is otherwise, managing."

She then takes the bread and finishes it off.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 608 posts
 Drak Hunter
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 07:09
Re: Caravan road
  Kree listened to Riku, only the darkening of his eyes  betrayed, his anger....Bowshot  guards  are  some of the few who will harrass Arrows...The  men and women there, Live there..it is thier homes...

 ...Justin will have to make due.  we cannot  help him from here...and....things  should be getting a wee bit dicey here....after that, we move onto the BAlck Timber to see what  jobs or bounties await us....as well as some good old Razorhawk food.
Riku Key
 player, 381 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 00:16
Re: Caravan road
Riku nodded.

Anything you wish me to relay back to them?  She asked enjoying her  meal.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 609 posts
 Drak Hunter
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 03:12
Re: Caravan road
....no, you have  done  well..relax... and  eat... we shall see how  Justin deals   with this..good test of his  mettle....now?.. i'm getting  cleaned up , and coming back for a proper meal,  see you shortly
Lafisual
 player, 233 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 05:06
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual listens intently to the other group's plight showing more interest when Myranda's name is mentioned.  He remembered the time on the ship when they had a moment to play music together and for a time it felt like home.  He continues eating slowly and relaxing.  It sounds like there might be excitement at any moment.
Diana Hunt
 player, 276 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 21:02
Re: Caravan road
Diana went to her room, and changed into something else.

She went back downstairs, inquiring I there was a cleaning service in the hotel or the town.

Then she went to eat.  She ate well, and when full, went to take a nice, long, hot, bubble bath.

She slipped into the relaxing hot water, and just let herself relax, closing her eyes.

Slowly she cleaned all of the road grime off.

when she wss done, she dried off and dressed, then went back upstairs to her room.  She took 10 gold from her stash, and went looking for a game of cards.  Nothing ended an evening like a nice relaxing game of poker or 21.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 33 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 21:03
Re: Caravan road
Orlin does what he can for the injured. and sets about learning about the arrows. "So what are the requirements to work with your group.?"
Lucy
 player, 209 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 21:04
Re: Caravan road
Lucy went up to her room, and to her surprise, laid down on the bed and fell asleep.  She slept for around an hour, then rose to her feet, feeling much better.

She went down stairs, and joined her fellow Arrows in the evening meal.  Then she, also, returned upstairs, took 10 gold from her stash, and went looking for a card game.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 255 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 21:16
Re: Caravan road
Brie let everyone start settling in, Riku remained on the table, and she headed up stairs to get washed up.

Riku seemed to be able to control the others and answer questions effectively.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 610 posts
 Drak Hunter
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 21:30
Re: Caravan road
  Kree used the Hot  water  liberally , though  he was elven, he hated being cold, once  he was  cleaned and  His  pony tail  anew. He  dressed in a clean  Tunic  and Breeches   while  getting the   MAst's   cleaners earn their  pay on his leathers   and   travel clothing.

 returning to the   room, to set down to eating. he  fields   Orlin's  question  through  some buttrered bread he  used to dip into his bowl of stew.

 ..it is  simple enough..really.. we get a contract, carry it out...and ..when given the  chance, kill slavers, catfolk.. and  all others  who seem bent on attacking  folks  who are weaker then they.

 ...Arrows   are also know    for...going out of the way.... to eliminate  such folks, while under contract.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 34 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 22:12
Re: Caravan road
  "So no havin to clean any blokes equipment or anythin like that?"
mast
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 23:57
Re: Caravan road
   Kree   chuckles  through his stew,..nay... least ways?..not yet!

 Ivy walks  a  around a bit, he  is  drinking  deep from the  cold  wine, and  keep to the stew and bread.Bastards.... anyone see any clan sign on the red scum?


 nay..none i saw.... a few  tatoos as they have been known to use, . Matters  not?  we see a red...we make it  dead...
Orlin lion soul
 player, 35 posts
Thu 2 Feb 2017
at 00:25
Re: Caravan road
   "Good, any man who canna clean his own gear shouldn't have it.  Yet I've heard some strange things about lowlanders"  To Ivy "If it were of great concern I'd recomend backtracking them to their nest, though with this rain that option has likely gone the way of the ancient ones."   His staff flashed  "I meant the old gods ya fuzzy brain."  One could swear the staff hissed at him.
Mast
Thu 2 Feb 2017
at 02:03
Re: Caravan road
  Ivy looked to   Kree as Orlin talked to the  staff.

  Kree continued to eat and shrugged...we have  some older folks  in the Village that talk to sticks...

 he points his fork in the direction of the  staff,...seen the   woodelves in Thrace ...thier   shaman do that too.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 36 posts
Thu 2 Feb 2017
at 02:38
Re: Caravan road
   Orlin snorts, "I hope they are lucky enough not to have them talk back."  This time a quiet laughter can be distinctly heard coming from the flickering crystal.  "The crystal holds the spirit of a being that plagued my people for centuries.  We entrapped it but in doing so we had to devote a line of shamen to keep it contained.  I am of that line."
donsr
 GM, 1057 posts
 DM
 Ironguard
Thu 2 Feb 2017
at 07:21
Re: Caravan road
(( Move  Tou people to Tou Thread.)
Riku Key
 player, 391 posts
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 02:20
Re: Caravan road
<<Riku heading back to group 2>>

Riku took flight and once she got to a decent looking town with a nice loft barn and some horses, she grabbed some of the fresh straw and made herself a bed in the loft.  She notified the horses if anything should be lurking about to do her harm, alert her.
 Once snuggled in for the night, in her mini bed roll, napkin for most big people, she drifted off to sleep to the sounds of the barn.
Riku Key
 player, 394 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 16:45
Re: Caravan road
Riku didnt sleep very well.  The straw made her itch and it was too warm.  Working on what sleep she did have, she used one of the basins from around the barn and did a quick wash up.

She was then off to the last town she figured they would be at and would go from there.
Riku Key
 player, 396 posts
Sat 22 Apr 2017
at 08:35
Re: Caravan road
Having stopped at the last towns stop that Justin's group had passed along the path she figured they may be taking, she had finally found a tavern she could stop at.  It was well past noon and she'd been in flight most of the morning.

Taking a seat along the bar in front of the barkeep, she awaits their attention.

Good barkeep, I was wondering if you had seen a small group of travellers thru within the past days.  One a marvelously beautiful, but mouthy blonde haired elf.

She puts down a pair of silver coin for talk.
Riku
Sat 22 Apr 2017
at 18:37
Re: Caravan road
  She did  find a small Patch 'village" on  west bank of the Tou about  Halfway down. The Inn is the only two story building and there are  5 houses and a stable around it.

  Around the  Village was a Haphazard fence/wall..Some stones  about waits  high... some criss crossed  Logs on "X" stands... and  a few feet of sturdy wood  that was placed  by the  patch house  folk.

 to the River side was a small tower  with a Guard in it and several small fishing boat that could  put up  1 sail... across the Tou , they could see another tower, much like it  with a couple  more boats  and a small house that had smoke drifting from the  chimney

 In the BAr were   some of the  villlaige folk.. they all either  grew stuff to sell and eat..other fished, not just for the PAtch, but for the Inn.

 there was a fellow dressed like a ranger  near the window..to fellows  who were easy-to-see fishermen..and an older woman who served the tables.

 The older man who was behind the counter  looked at the Silvers  and raised an eyebrow....well...Little Miss...I could tell you something  , just ta  keep ye here..but we are honest folk..so I wil have Ta say  i don't know?

 One of the fisherman spoke up...That ain't  quite true? there was them strangers who bought Ned's  boat and had him  take them down river towards the Storm?

 The Older man Slapped the counter,..That's right!... two big Fellas.. Humans they were... came up  the  pathfrom the Storm? they said they's Money hunters, an' was gointo the  Swamp..they said they needed a boat?.. they Gave Ned  5 gold for his boat!...and 2 more if he took them down river... he'd have ta walk back? but. fer that much gold?
Riku Key
 player, 397 posts
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 07:09
Re: Caravan road
Riku giggled at the barkeep and the bluntness of being honest.  She turned to the others that commented on the possibility of the stray Arrows.

She turns and nods a curtsey to the others.  I'll pay your tab, she says and hands another silver to the barkeep.  Keep 'em liquored up.  They do spin some lovely tales.

She grabs a pinch of the nearest bread loaf and flutters off out of the small inn.  Once she was outside she took to finding the river and fluttering in the direction towards Storm River.  She figured it was another days flight finding the second group.