Caravan road.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
Lafisual
 player, 220 posts
Mon 9 Jan 2017
at 04:01
Caravan road
Lafisual tries to maintain his vigilance in looking out but moves close enough to determine if help is needed and offers it if that is the case.
ToTou
Tue 10 Jan 2017
at 04:13
Caravan road
The three   begin to Pull the large fellow out of the Pit, Its a wee bit harder then it looked , the  fellow  weighed a bit  more then they thought, but the braided silk rope seemed up to the task.

 Brie  watched over  as they finally Hauled him out.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 12 posts
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 04:56
Caravan road
Orlin gets up and looks down at his mud covered body, "Well, at least I be alive."  He looks around. "Is there a place I can change?  I'm not much of a prude but me paw always said don't show the goods in female company unless she's in fer the package deal."

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:10, Wed 11 Jan 2017.

ToTou
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 05:14
Caravan road
  Kree looks at Orlin, there are many thoughts  going through the elf's  mind as he see how tall the fellow is.

 well?.. there is a stream about a half mile back, where we last got jumped... Tou is  about 4v mile s away, well, be crossing the gate a little after the sun goes  down.. so?..its up to yhou if you want to clean up here..or there..., either way.. we needs  get those wagons to the town.

 He looks at Luthien to see  what he has to say...

 Taking  the Muddied   rope  from Rolf  and begins to  coil it, but  will leave it  strapped to the outside of his pack ,,this time.

 He  Nods to Brie  as  she   pulls on the Pack and Quiver  and   turns  back , in the direction of the road.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 13 posts
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 09:19
Caravan road
  "Well, if you have to get the wagons in, you have to get the wagons in."  He wipes his hands on vegetation and holds his great cloak and satchel at arms length: loath to put them on over his muddy clothes.  "It's warmer down here, I can wait 4 miles to clean up, if you have a place to carry my gear."   
to tou
Wed 11 Jan 2017
at 13:13
Caravan road
 Kree  waves him to follow,Got  2  wagons. One has  one  of my wounded people  on it, the other has a captured fellow..and? we picked up a beggar....you may toss what you do not want to carry , on one of them...just keepm in mind, the Grass liands are great palces to hunt, by are dangerous in thier own right. Bogs like that are scattered all about, the only clue you have, is the shorter grass...

  As the group returns to the road  , the rest of the   Arrows  can see a  rather large  fellow, who is a bit muddy, carring   some  items  as he  follows  their  comrades  back towards the wagons.

 when they get with in Range, Kree calls out,..this fellow is Called Orlin, he will be  traveling with us to Tou, and MAyhaps longer.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 14 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 01:56
Caravan road
  Orlij puts his gear on a wagon. "Thanks, I'll stay on the road."  He extends his hand to where the Iron shod staff with the glowing stone at it's head lay in the grass jus beyond the bog. "tighinn seann aon"  The staff flies into his hand.  Orlin sets off at pace with the wagons.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:05, Thu 12 Jan 2017.

Brestine Darksbane
 player, 244 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 04:46
Caravan road
Brie took whatever she needed and walked with the group back to the wagons.

We must get going soon, she said.  I'd hate to be in the middle of an ambush with our pants pulled down.

She gives Kree a wink and nudge and looks to Orlin.  Welcome aboard.
Lafisual
 player, 221 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 05:23
Caravan road
Lafisual notices Orlin's little trick with the staff and makes a nod.  It's probably good he's on our side, he says to himself as he gets back to his scouting duties.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 15 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2017
at 23:27
Re: Caravan road
Brestine Darksbane:
Brie took whatever she needed and walked with the group back to the wagons.

We must get going soon, she said.  I'd hate to be in the middle of an ambush with our pants pulled down.

She gives Kree a wink and nudge and looks to Orlin.  Welcome aboard.


   Orlin ponders this for a moment,  He seems to be one to think things through before he speaks. "It's good to be here."  He looks back at the bog "It seems I don't have the knowledge it takes to survive in these lands."
to Tou
Mon 16 Jan 2017
at 04:23
Re: Caravan road
   Kree  and the others   catch up to the wagons. He   introduces  Orlin around, and  tells  the big fellow to walk with the  wagon that has the wounded elf.

 ....This  time... we  keep going until we reach the gates?  Aye?


 There is a brief  look around , as he adds,..thanks  to   watering the horses,..his eyes shift to the head  Wagoneer,we shall be   walking the last 2 hours in the dark...
Orlin lion soul
 player, 18 posts
Mon 16 Jan 2017
at 16:08
Re: Caravan road
Walking at night?  Not a good survival tactic in the woods hw comes from.  Still he see's the necessity here.  There is a faint sound of silibant whispering from the staff.  "no" he says quietly, and flatly, and the whispering is silent.
to tou
Tue 17 Jan 2017
at 13:26
Re: Caravan road
  While they walked  along  with the wagons, Kree whistled a signal to Lucy,...you and Diana, right ahead, as soon as you can see the guard towers, Tell them there is a two wagon caravan coming in, that has been attacked  2 times..and we  want escorted in...

 when Lucy returns to the front of the wagons, Kree begins  to talk to Orlin,..We are the Crimson Arrows, or at least, one unit of them... for our part?  we are on our  way to the Black Timber...we  picked up this contract to give us something to do , on the way.

 Pointing out the Members as they walk, saying their names, finishing with the wounded Ivy on the  wagon.... The Arrows  are , mor eor less, like  any bother  Company..we  hire folks.. we take contracts...but...My  we never..ever ..pass up ma chance to kill slavers or bandits that are harrassing the  poorer  folks of this realm... The rich can buy guards...or  can live  where there  are watchmen and such... Patch houses, famers..rangers.. they are on thier own..Merchants...

 ...well..we protect them ,, because  merchants  are vital to the lands...but? there are not enough gods  to save them, if  we find out, the merchants deal in slaves, or..aid  the enemies of Ironmound.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 245 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 05:28
Re: Caravan road
Brie kept back taking the tail end for any one wanting to sneak attack them again.  She let Kree take the lead and introduce Orlin to the rest of the company.  She took care of other matters.

Riku took to the skies and watched from above.  Using more of a middle ground between them and the scouting parting ahead.
Lafisual
 player, 223 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 05:29
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual pays more attention to his scouting duties but listens to the conversation in so much as it doesn't distract him.
Diana Hunt
 player, 266 posts
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 16:38
Re: Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 222):

Diana and Lucy rode ahead.  When they reached the guard tower, both delivered the message that the Arrows were inbound with two wagons, a prisoner, and wounded.

Once the message was delivered, they returned to Kree nd the Arrows.
to tou
Wed 18 Jan 2017
at 19:19
Re: Caravan road
  The Guards  Acknowledge  them  and say  6 riders  will be sent out to meet them  as soon as they saddle up.

................

  Back  with the wagons the group marches on. the  sun is  only a sliver above the mountains ,  add to the   towering Black clouds  that sweep up the  River basin

 rain drops  begin to hit   them as they march, the  wagoneers  Pulling Heavy Cloaks, while the  Arrows   put on, what they have.

 Ivy, is  awake, and he is none too happy, he  pulls his  hood over his head. The  prisoners   cover the best they can, but receive no help from the Arrows.

 The Beggar puts  on a cloak , Kree gave him from  dead raiders.

the semi darkness grows,... the wagon group an see the torches and Lanterns of Tou, in the distance.
Diana Hunt
 player, 269 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2017
at 00:32
Re: Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 226):

Diana and Lucy return with the news of the escort coming shortly.

Both Lucy and Diana don poncho's that fit loosely.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 20 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 20:56
Re: Caravan road
to tou:
  While they walked  along  with the wagons, Kree whistled a signal to Lucy,...you and Diana, right ahead, as soon as you can see the guard towers, Tell them there is a two wagon caravan coming in, that has been attacked  2 times..and we  want escorted in...

 when Lucy returns to the front of the wagons, Kree begins  to talk to Orlin,..We are the Crimson Arrows, or at least, one unit of them... for our part?  we are on our  way to the Black Timber...we  picked up this contract to give us something to do , on the way.

 Pointing out the Members as they walk, saying their names, finishing with the wounded Ivy on the  wagon.... The Arrows  are , mor eor less, like  any bother  Company..we  hire folks.. we take contracts...but...My  we never..ever ..pass up ma chance to kill slavers or bandits that are harrassing the  poorer  folks of this realm... The rich can buy guards...or  can live  where there  are watchmen and such... Patch houses, famers..rangers.. they are on thier own..Merchants...

 ...well..we protect them ,, because  merchants  are vital to the lands...but? there are not enough gods  to save them, if  we find out, the merchants deal in slaves, or..aid  the enemies of Ironmound.


   "Sounds fair.  I've more than a couple bones ta pick with slavers m'self.  My people tend to be prime targets.  We live in small, isolated communities and are strong of back and naturally skilled in the way of the woods.  tempting targets for those who consider us animals."  Orlin considers it for a bit. "I don't have anything I need to be doing for a couple of decades.  Mind If I help out a bit?"
to tou
Fri 20 Jan 2017
at 22:47
Re: Caravan road
   Kree reaches inside his  Tunic, puling a pouch from with ins he  Opens it, bending to the fading sunlight.

   He finds a Silver arrow   with a chip of  ruby for a head  and fletchings,..wear this , so it may be seen. That is the way of the Companies, to ensure their members are easy to see, and  Guards   may act  on them as  , per The Mercenary Code. Should you wish to leave..return the  arrow to me, or  any other Arrow. Once  we reach Tou, will add your name to our  charter.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 22 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 01:28
Re: Caravan road
   Orlin eye's him as he fingers the arrow, "That easy huh?  Well I don't want to be blind siding you or anything, if it isn't a good fit I'll give notice.  By the honor of tha highlands I'll give it a go." He offers a hand.  It is obvious to one in the know that this means more than ant signed document to him.  His staff in the other hand flickers and utters a whispered comment...not quite understandable.  Orlin glances at it, "Yeeeaaah, I'm sure ye be all broken up over this arrangement."  He says sarcastically.  The stone flickers once and says nothing.
to tou
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 03:01
Re: Caravan road
  Kree  Shakes his   hand  , by grasping the  wrist....There  are horns in the distance.

 ..That is  the guard horns, signaling   Rider leaving.... the sound it for two reasons.. to let us know..and to scare off  any  foolish folk that would be near the  town and try to attack


  Luthien?  When we get to Tou, Give  Ivy a once over...then all of you get rest and  a meal..I will see to our payment, ,and make ceertain the Priosners are delivered as well...

 ..you will  take  food  with the rest, and get a might's sleep. and we will see about that  boat ride..

 The Beggar   nods his head rapidly,..thank you sir....It ismore   then i expected, ,when i stood on the side of the road , this day.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 23 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 03:54
Re: Caravan road
Orlin accepts the grasp.  He looks in the cart. "You have wounded?  I'm no carrier healer but I have a passin knowledge of herbs an remedies.  Once I am clean I can see what I can do, if'n ya like."
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 600 posts
 Drak Hunter
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 04:26
Re: Caravan road
  ..He is my Cousin, Ivyian..Ivy...for short...he caught an arrow  from a Red Elf..there were two of them, with the  human folks that ambushed us the second time

 ..their arroes  sometime  cause   Normal elves, great pain, ebcause of the  steel they use  to make the heads...

 The  walls were of  River stone..supported  by  huge poles  rammed into the ground, on each side.. the walls  were roughly  12  foot  high..the sounds  of  horses  could barley be heard,,, and the Bobbing of  lanterns  could be seen.

 The rain was harder now... down by the river, is was a down pour... though it was  hard to see... they group could here the waters  rushing up  into the grasslands, as the , already soaked  ground, had trouble taking any more.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 24 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 06:16
Re: Caravan road
   Orlin nods "Ah, so it be a minor form of blood poisoning.  I've heard that about ya Elves.  Colts foot will make the blood strong again and willow bark and chamomile tea will relax and induce sleep allowing his body to heal it's self amore rapidly."  Orlin thinks a bit.  "If the wound isn't healing well either, cumfrey root is a good go-to for knitting the flesh.  I'm not sure if I have any but I should be able to find it in town."