Caravan road.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
ToTou
Sat 21 Jan 2017
at 18:04
Re: Caravan road
  The is a  dark, merry chuckle  from the elf,..well..the two Red Elves  have been posted as a warning to any others.... it will not deter the red Elves too much, but it was an  enjoyable thing to do.


  ..I am not certain, how much dealing you had with Red Elves, it is rare the  go into the mountains...it is a bit to cold for them...though? they are sometimes hosted  by the Dark Elves or Dark Dwarves.. but even these temperate  climes make them  chilly... Their   Island Nation off the  South of Laynak is  hot to the point , that all vegetation has  learned to grow under ground... Water  from the limited rains  drain into  sink holes that are like huge lakes... and the  one large surface lake they have is thick with a slime,that covers  the waters, there  are huge  fish in there, that live off that slime?...There are spiney trees  there..whose roots   go deeper then the trees grow tall..and the leaves   are the finest food a traveler  can have..one must fight the  odd beasties  down there to  gather  their share...

 Then he  shrugs and Continues,..the Red Isel Halflings are nearly  as nasty as the red Elves, they do  join together , once in a while..but both are pirates, slavers and enemies to the Ironmound Flag...unlike  the Red  Elves, the  Red Isles are lush, with some  small mountains, there is rumored to be  some 50 islands  that make up their lands..., Laynak Troops have tried, and failed to invade them...just..too much ground to cover...so?.. the fight in the seas...or  take on landings  of Red Isle troops as they try and raid the coast.

  As the Rider   come with in sight,  Kree  calls out to Diana, Laf and  Riku..Laf, mount up  with Diana, and Riku will watch  from above... secure us rooms at an Inn..try to  stay away from the Slum area..but if you must?..you must

 he begins to tick off  names....

 ..stay away from the  House  called ..'Girls'.. you can go there if your needs require, once the rest of us arrive

other   Inns ...

Cob's..roadhouse..room and board

Bat's...Just a tavern

Ti's ..sailors  rest on the wharf.

Ale...drinking  place on the  wharf

The Shade...nasty place in the slums

Ne's...Nasty Place..Black Market

Fod's..nasty place in the slums

Og's..bad  Place. mostly free mercs

To's... nice place, some  bad folks

The Mast..nice place.

CoH's Good  food, no rooms, lots of travelers and  bards...

House of Tou...expensive..rooms only

Tall Tree's...Halfling run Tavern

Ba's Rooms....Most expensive place in town for rooms.

Arc's...best food in town

,when he was  done  rattling off the   Inns, he says to Laf, in a very low tone......Make certain, that you let it be known, ...by..um..talking too much.. That the Arrows  are bringing in  wagons from Tou  and how you heroicly  beat off two ambushes...

  Now..go..meet us   at The GAtes...You will see Cobs as soon as yuou go across the drawbidge and enter the  gates

  as the  riders  approach, one of the moons break out towards the  east.. the light of  the  giant lake, shimmers   as   Navel ships   sail around the Lake on patrol...lights  show some night fishermen , who braved the weather... The Drawbidge spans  the Tou, coming  up on both ends, when Masted vessels need to pass... Just outside the   cidy, maybe   a mile..or less is a catapult station with Lanterns alight..The Tou Nave  has a frigate at the docks, that are right by the main gate...the rest of the ships  either are patrolling, or at the wharfs to the east...in the light of the moon , as it  contests with the smoke from the hundreds of  houses in the town, show  some taller  buildings peeking over the walls...these,,,slowly   go9 out o9d sight, as the   wagons draw neared the Drawbeidge.
Riku Key
 player, 374 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 05:45
Re: Caravan road
ToTou:
  As the Rider   come with in sight,  Kree  calls out to Diana, Laf and  Riku..Laf, mount up  with Diana, and Riku will watch  from above... secure us rooms at an Inn..try to  stay away from the Slum area..but if you must?..you must


Riku took to the skies to overlook everyone for a bit.  She would come back down once everyone got settled and have a talk with Kree over the other group and their current predicament when she left.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 246 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 05:46
Re: Caravan road
Brie brought up the rear of the group catching up with Kree as others began to make their way into the city.

Any preference yourself? she asks.  Ivy crashing with us or does he have a Lady here too?
to tou
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 06:08
Re: Caravan road
  Kree laughed a bit, and odd sound from the normally..stoic.. elf.... with Ivy? it is hard to tell, if he  does not  have any  as of this moment, i am certain he will , with in a few hours.

 Then he thought  for a moment,..It may be a good idea to come with me, when we ...'make sure'..the goods  are delivered..i am thinking there  may be some...discussion..... of  what i want our pay to be...
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 247 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 06:19
Re: Caravan road
Brie gave a nod.  Of course, she said.  I'll be there, especially if Ivy isn't capable of anything more than  menage trois at the moment.

Where she had been a bit more stiff up to this moment, thinking of Ivy and his love for women, gave her a chuckle.

I'm thinking Ivy loves women more so than his own sword, at times.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 601 posts
 Drak Hunter
Sun 22 Jan 2017
at 06:30
Re: Caravan road
 With a Glance towards the wagon, that held his miserable  Cousin, Kree laughed  just a bit, as he answered,Aye...but not more then his  bow!
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 248 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 21:23
Re: Caravan road
Aye, she said softly jabbing him in the arm.  His bow he could make love to, but might end up with splinters.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 602 posts
 Drak Hunter
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 21:52
Re: Caravan road
  Kree  gave a mock look of being insulted,..Razorhawk bows...do not...have  splinters!

 The  Draw Bridge was up0 as a  Sloop was leaving the lake to go on a night patrol of the Tou River.

 The wagons  stood  for a moment, one of the  Horsemen said ... so?   Your scouts  said you  were ambushed?..Twice?

 ..Aye, the  second time.. there were a Pair of red Elves  with them...

 one of the other  riders laughed,..two red Elves...  i suppose you ran them off..did ya now?

 ..nay, we did   not...... came a terse reply.

 ..I thought not... i would have liked to see one..you know..for real...the  other  riders laughed.

 Well, Good Fellow, Take your lantern, ride hard to the first bridge you come to... they are staked to the    Bridge Posts, with the MArk of the Arrows , carved in their forehead.....best hurry..before the  night ebasts  smell the blood  from the  bandits we stacked up....There should still be enough left, though...

 The LAughter stopped, Kree pointed  down the road,

 The riders  remained quiet as the  bridge was  wound down  for the wagons  to cross.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 249 posts
Mon 23 Jan 2017
at 23:20
Re: Caravan road
Brie looked over Kree's shoulder and commented.

Unless you'd like to be the beasties dinner tonight?  I'm sure that could be arranged.

She snickered.  Now either help or move aside....please.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 361 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 14:36
Re: Caravan road
Rolf had tagged along towards the back of the group, keeping an eye on the back trail as always.  Even as often as he'd witnessed having new members sign on, and his own signing on not all that long ago, it still seems odd how quick and uncomplicated it seems.  On the other hand, those who have proved false, or even ill-suited, were just as quickly handled.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 25 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 18:38
Re: Caravan road
    "Any suggestion o where a guy can get cleaned up?"  Garrat looks down at his muddy cloths..
to tou
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 18:54
Re: Caravan road
  Kree  shrugs,..most of the Inns  have bath  Houses or , at least a trough and such for washing clothing in the back...they don't want their beds all messed up... This rain is getting some of the travel dirt off,  we might have to  have our things  cleaned.

  we will also hear from Laf and Diania to see what they hear about town, we might find something to earn some coin on the  way to the Black Timber...
Lafisual
 player, 224 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 19:32
Re: Caravan road
Upon arrival in town without being too conspicuous, Lafisual looks things over to see if there is a good place to stay and if there are rumors or news that might be of interest to the arrows.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 26 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 21:09
Re: Caravan road
Orlin snorts and looks across the town as the rain comes down, pouring off some of the roofs made with tile. "Would I get arrested if I stripped down to my loin cloth and stood under a down spout?"
Lafisual
 player, 226 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 21:31
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual looks around for a place that would seem appropriate for the group to rest.  He puts a premium on a place that can take care of the horses as well having the appearance of providing a hot meal and accommodations to clean up.
Diana Hunt
 player, 273 posts
Tue 24 Jan 2017
at 22:43
Re: Caravan road
In reply to Lafisual (msg # 247):

"I an see a couple places worth trying." Diana says to Laf.

"There's The Mast, To's, House of Tou, and Ba's Rooms." She said.  "Anything else is in the slums, or has a bad reputation." She said.

"What do you think?"
Lafisual
 player, 227 posts
Wed 25 Jan 2017
at 04:37
Re: Caravan road
Let's see if we one of those can clean us up and take care of the horses.  Try the Mast first?  He heads that way with Diana unless she raises an objection.
Riku Key
 player, 375 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 05:03
Re: Caravan road
Riku was growing very tired.  With the rain pressing upon her in flight, she fluttered down and landed on Kree's shoulder.

I must encroach upon your shoulder, Sire.  I'm growing tired and the wetness is thwarting my attempts to fly.  Aside from the rain, there is much I must speak of you with.  Shall it be now or later?
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 603 posts
 Drak Hunter
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 05:24
Re: Caravan road
  Kree looked at the Pixie,..if it is of import, then speak now, if you would rather  wait until the warmth of an inn... we can do that as well...

 ..Captain Quickshadow? We will be taking our  wagons to the Bazaar  where we  will lock up a place to sell some  wares  for a day....but  we will retire to the House of Tou, and you may meet us in the morning at the bazaar  to get paid off and...

 Kree  took a few quick steps to be even with the wagonleader,..nay, Good  Merchant.... we will be paid off this  night. Regardless of what expenses you have..you owe us for our  job..and  we  will collect. Your ..Special Cargo will come with me...

 ..The 9 hells , you say! the wagoneer snapped.

  Kree turned his head up, water   dripping in rivlets down the hood, I seek not you permission...wagoneer.. you...'folly'..almost lost  you goods and some of my people..i will not be  taking  any advice from you this night....

 The Merchant nodded,...where will you take it....

 ..in the Inn my scouts  have  picked out... it shoudl be safe with  Arrows  around it..and?.. if  there is a goodly buyer..perhaps, you'll make  more coin...\

..you cannot  sell it to someone else...it could mean my death!...

 Aye...when you deal in goods , such as this... you very well could die....Right ? he stared   at the  head Wagoneer who looked away..the drawbridge was down, and the moved once more.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 27 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 05:56
Re: Caravan road
In reply to Kree Quickshadow (msg # 25
  Orlin hears the conversation between Kree and the wagoneer.  He immediately steps up behind Kree the moment the wagoneer starts to object, with his iron shod staff resting across his shoulders.  The blue stone in it's mount glowed brightly and energy seemed to crackle up and down the shaft.as the downpour pounded unnoticed across his shoulders.

   As the wagoneer moved off, Orli fell into pace by Kree.  "Was there something you needed help with?"
Riku Key
 player, 376 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 06:47
Re: Caravan road
Riku gave a soft chuckle.

Warmth would be nice, she said.  I will go into details once at the inn, but is is about the fairest Myranda and the troup elsewhere.  Seems she has gotten...detained.

She looks to Kree trying to read him, but knowing full well that he won't be happy when he hears the details.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 250 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 06:50
Re: Caravan road
Brie happened to overhear Riku's comment about Myranda and being detained.

Detained? she said.  She couldn't think of any more to say.  She shook hear head at the mere thought of what the sister elf had gotten herself into.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 604 posts
 Drak Hunter
Thu 26 Jan 2017
at 13:06
Re: Caravan road
  Detained?.... the word was more of a curse, they a question,

   Aye, Riku, you may get into the details  when we reach the Inn...

  Slowing down a few steps  to let the Wagoneer lead his wagons a few yards  ahead, while, still keeping ahead of the Second wagon...Kree says in a lowered  voice.

 I was approached  by the merchant, while we were at a  Ball at the Palace. There were no real pressign matters    to be taken up by this  unit, so i took the  contract, since  i wanted us to  return to the Black Timber...

 ..though the wagons  are full or goods this merchants represents, there are also two chests worth of  Engar white..

 There is a bit of a shrug,..Engar White, is  made from the  blood of the White Sea Worms... Sea Elves  and Merfolk..will kill anyone they see  trying to get white seaworms.... Merfolk will also eat those they kill or capture...They use it , in non-magic healing potions.... Holy Folks  don't  care much for it..to them it is unnatural and ungodly..even the darker gods  frown on its use...or?...  so they say.

 ..i made them pay us  an extra  200 gold   beofre we even started...I am also going to see if  we can find a buyer, that will pat more  then the Merchant is getting from , whomever it was to be delivered....

 Then he adds with a bit of  a glare, at the  front wagon, thought the glare might be lost in the gathering Dark and rain.

 ...I suspect, that the head  wagoneer has plotted against the merchant, or the Merchant and wagoneer,  have agame running on the side... The first bandit attack was shrugged off..the second attack, with the redleves had some effective magic used, at an ambush point i wanted to push through.. That is where my Cousin was wounded....be that as it may be....there will be a reckoning, should  I find out for
Riku Key
 player, 377 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 05:59
Re: Caravan road
Riku nodded.  I agree, she said and left any context of emotion out of it.  Already she knew that Kree was rather displeased with the pre-news.
Lafisual
 player, 228 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 15:05
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual and Diana step in to the Mast to see what they see.