Caravan road.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
to tou
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 16:10
Re: Caravan road
  The Mast is well Kept, it is one the other side of the town ( to the right). There are some sailors, a few locals, and some merchants and Mercs.

 There is warmth  and  a lot of space, in the Common room, with some side  rooms  as well...there are two sets of steps, one on each side of the  Bar.

 People are  talking, a Young  human is  playing a stringed instrument .
Lafisual
 player, 229 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 16:27
Re: Caravan road
Does it look like there is a place to clean up and also is there a livery either attached or nearby? Lafisual wonders.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 28 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2017
at 19:04
Re: Caravan road
I don'a have much in the way of low land coins." He examines some coins from the last age, "do ya have a suggestion for a place I can get clean and clean me clothes?"
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 251 posts
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 05:51
Re: Caravan road
In reply to Kree Quickshadow (msg # 257):

With some of the others looking for guidance, she began to walk past.  Shall I catch us a room?  Or wait for the others to return for affirmation?
tou
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 19:12
Re: Caravan road
  Laf knows there is a stable behind the Inn. there is also a wash house, of sorts in  the  , That have 8 stalls where one can use heated  water, once  the built the fires The water  goes out to a drain, the will make its  was to the  lake

.....................


  Kree  shrugs at  Orlin's lack of coin, ..there is not one of  us, that has not been short of  coin... we can  stay on our coin, until yu begin to get paid.

......

 to BrieWhen Laf and Diana get back they will lead us to an Inn.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 29 posts
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 21:20
Re: Caravan road
  "If I can do anything to help, let me know." Orlin stays with the group, cautious in this strange place.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:54, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

Luthien
 player, 694 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 28 Jan 2017
at 22:18
Re: Caravan road
Luthien's been quiet of late, but still present. Perhaps something was bothering him of late...
Lafisual
 player, 230 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 00:08
Re: Caravan road
Well Diana, I think this will do.  It seems to have everything and we were told it was a nice place so why don't we recommend this one?  I will double check that they have room. Lafisual looks for someone who can confirm that there is room for the group to stay here.
tou
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 02:29
Re: Caravan road
 One of the owners  greets  Laif. he points out  the stables  and  the bathhouse, that the Bathhouse Is linked to the back of them inn By a wooden corridor


 He frowns , just a bit as he looks at the road  dustwe have  2  rooms  down stairs  at 2 silvers a night...and  the whole top floor is availble,,at1 gold per night..there are  10 rooms  up there...the 2nd  floor is booked,
Diana Hunt
 player, 274 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 04:23
Re: Caravan road
In reply to tou (msg # 268):

"There are six of us, so we will take six rooms." Diana said.

"The upper floor is fine.  As soon as the boss gets here he can tell you how long we will be here.  Probably no more then a few days." She said.
Lafisual
 player, 231 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 05:02
Re: Caravan road
Lafisual nods at Diana.  I will go find them and make sure they are headed this way.

Lafisual heads out to report the situation taking care to mention that the owner wasn't especially thrilled about our 'dust' but otherwise the place seemed welcoming enough.  But they do have stables and adequate facilities for us to clean up.  Prices seem reasonable.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 252 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 05:36
Re: Caravan road
Brie awaits for the pair to get back and it wasn't long before Lafisual returned.  When she heard the news she gave him a nod.

Thank you fair sir, she said respectfully to him.  She gathered up her things after having set them on the ground for a moment to rest.

She looked to Kree and Orlin after Laf made his announcement.  Looks like a trip to the bath house is in it for you Orlin.  I'll even pay for some extra bubbly for you.

She gives a wink and looks to Kree.  Shall we?  She reaches for whatever gear he doesn't feel to carry.

------------

Riku simply took off in the direction that Lafisual described.  She was going to find a nice quiet rafter to rest in and dry off near the fire.
Luthien
 player, 695 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 22:10
Re: Caravan road
Luthien takes one of the upper rooms...he's quite capable of affording whatever he needs to. After that...he needed some time to reflect in the Temple. As soon as somebody could point him to the Temple District, he'd head that way.
Diana Hunt
 player, 275 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 02:07
Re: Caravan road
Diana was looking forward to a nice warm bath.  She needed to wash of the blood of the fight and the dust from the road.

She went upstairs to claim a room, and once that was done, retuned downstairs to see about preparing a nice, warm bath.
Lucy
 player, 208 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 02:11
Re: Caravan road

Lucy was surprisingly ... tired.  The two fights, plus the long ride had  left her a bit tired.  she went to claim her room, and then laid down on the bed for what she intended to only be a short "cat" nap.

She awoke four hours later.
TheMast
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 03:59
Re: Caravan road
   Kree watched the merchant go, he spoke to him firmly,...The apyment?...and? the chests, please....

 The  Merchant as taken aback , by Kree  saying this  in front of everyone.

 he and  The Head Wagoneer brought the two chest over... and handed  Kree a pouch..The Pouch is your Payment...what of our chests...

 Motioning  for others  to grab the chests  and take them Up stairs, the elf says to the Merchant,Depending  on what happens  this night, or the next..you could be very rich...or very dead....

The wagoneer snaps,..this weren't none of the bargin...

 Kree's eyes shifted to him as he still faced the Merchant.....neither was being ambushed by a stream, lead  by Red Elves....They aren't stupid...Red Elves....if they risk showing themselves in our land...it must have been important


  The Merchant's voice  was pleading.....i already have a Buyer....

 Then?.. while you sell your goods, and   that person approaches you...you tell him there is  another player in the game...now..leave us..we are no longer contracted to you...those chests..may or may not bring you coin, as my heart desires...

 Walking away the  Wagoneer is fuming and snapping at the miserable  Merchant.

 Approaching the  counter, Kree asks the owner, Give us the , whole of the upstair, please....for 2 days and nights..we will leave on the  3rd morning... looking around , seeing few people eating,Could we get a hearty Dinner of hot  food, cold drink...and mayhaps some sweets?

 The  owner ( one of them) nodded and his smiles  fell and rose nervously,...you said ..Red Elves... you killed  Red  Elves?

 ..there  were only two... my comrades killed them, though i made certain to leave them as a message..they might still be there, if the beasts  don't get to the bodies  this night

 It is LAte, so we  we gather the leftovers  and set them on the big table... you'll get a better break fast in the morning... we have  some beef stew...homemade bread Vegetable soup.. and  Some Lake trout  steaks..we have today's made pastries  for  sweets...all the baked goods  are made here.. we don't get bakery made...there is also some selections  of  fruits..that may tide you over  until the morrow?

 ..God Elf...i need your name for the register?

 He looks down at the book the fellows  hand  quivering a bit.Quickshadow...Kree Quickshadow..and  the Crimson Arrows.

when all was  done he handed out the keys to everyone, keeping the  extras  to himself,

 he counts out the  coins shuffles  some around  to make change..

 (( everyone, Including  Orlin who is in this until get 30 gold  10 silvers )) he takes the rest to pay for the rooms, board  and  baths..to the  coin...and says,..this  squares  us for  rooms, eats and baths......when our time to leave comes, you may bet a bit more, depending on how happy you have made us...

 ..The food  will be hot and ready i about  2 hours or a bit less..we will make sure none other try to take any.

 Thank you..we will no doubt share?..but after  my people have eaten..it has  been a long  rugged way.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:33, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

Orlin lion soul
 player, 30 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 10:05
Re: Caravan road
  "It does look that way lady Brie." Orlin says, but first he picks up one of the chests and moves it to where it is needed.  He chooses to bath while the others start their meal.  Used to cold showers he scrubs down while the water is heating and adds more.  The Firbolg then changes into clean breeches and tunic then draws his great furred cloak around him, comfortable in it's presence even if it is warm for the low land weather.

   He soon joins the arrows in the hall.  Orlin accepts the coin gratefully in his gruff manor, and once seeing that they have filled their plates takes his own food.  His appetite is healthy, but it is noted that he made sure the others ate first.

   His staff is close at hand, though he isn't always seen moving it there.  He seeks out Ivyian, "Well, Ivy is it? let's have a look at your nick.  I'm not sure what I can do to help it this late in the game but I should be able to at least make ya a wee bit more comfy."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:16, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

tou
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 13:37
Re: Caravan road
  Ivy  Frowns,damnable red Elf  bastards....If they thought i hated them before.... the have not seen a thing, yet...

  Opening his tunic, the wound site is  still a bit  read, but otherwise  healed...Luthien, healed me... but the  damn steel the  redelves use...takes alot out of us ..REAL..elves.

 The Beggar  fellow stood in the Common room, Kree waved him over,..you will stay with us , while we stay.... I want you to get Cleaned up..and eat with us... you can thinak us, by helping guard these chests  this night....in the morning, i want you to go the  the Docks  and seek out s ship to work on, as you told me...

 Turning to one of the owners, Kree says,..from your Lost and found, give him the best clothing  for  working the ships, that you might have...

 ..but ..Sir..should the people come back to claim them?

 ..they were lost....now they are found, what good does it do anyone, to sit in your closet,when some one  can pout them to use?

  The owner nods  his head rapidly,..yes sir, of course....it would be nice to see him..tidied up a bit?

 The Beggar  smiles, Kree also hands him few coins for his 'guard  duty'..the fellow seems to grow a bit taller as he smiles a bit more..then is off to get cleaned up.

 Kree looks  around at those  getting cleaned up, and Those that are... he waves up at Riku, and tells her to eat and stay warm..

 To Brie he says,..let us clean these   clothing , so as not to offend our hosts, and  perhaps wash some of the  dust and Mud from ourselves...
Orlin lion soul
 player, 31 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 15:40
Re: Caravan road
   "It is good to know you have some real healers in the unit."  Orlin says looking critically at the injury.  "I fear I'm little more than an herbalist.  The true talent of healing escapes me."

   
Orlin finishes his inspection and sits back.  "That said, there are things that can help a body fight toxic or allergic reactions and I have a multi purpose healing salve with soap root and ash in it that will help you clean up, and see to the health of any cuts and scrapes you might have."

   He rustles around the inside of his satchel and pulls out a link of ibex intestine with a white creamy substance.  "These was formulated by the mountain people long ago to keep a long time, but I need to refresh my supply anyway within the next couple of weeks.  If you and the other members of the group wish to, please use it up.  It's no good goin bad on us."

   The salve is a thick paste almost to the point of being a solid and smells pleasant.  It can be worked into a foam when it comes into contact with water. and has the positive affects of Goatsmilk soap with ingredients that are both antiseptic and soothing.  "Squeeze out what you need and pass it on to the others.  There is plenty there so it should cover the entire group,"  A smile twitches at the corner of his mouth "Even with women bathing."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:43, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

Rolf Liefsen
 player, 362 posts
 Human Ranger
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 18:29
Re: Caravan road
Rolf tags along with Kree to meet with the merchant and the wagoner.  He shares the suspicion that they were working an angle, but Rolf isn't terribly comfortable with absconding with the cargo, but he keeps his thoughts unsaid.  If he's got a problem with Kree, that's a matter between the two of them in private, not something to be witnessed by outsiders.

Thinking it through though, how else are they supposed to figure out who was behind the ambushes?  Having worked it out, his concerns are put to ease, at least for the moment.

Heading back to the inn, Rolf claims a room for himself, finding the place a bit more opulent than is his wont, but again Rolf keeps his thoughts unsaid.  He makes ready to enjoy the luxury of the bath house.  As long as he was living like the rich and spoiled, he might as well do so while clean.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 253 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 20:42
Re: Caravan road
Brie motions to take the gear and for a key to the room.  I can clean up rather quickly, she said.  Do we wait until after eating to clean up?

She looks to Orlin as he heads up to clean up in whatever shape or form he prefers.

Ivy doing any better? she asks.
Riku Key
 player, 378 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 20:44
Re: Caravan road
Riku takes the que and flutters down landing near the drink and bread, motioning for some of the stew to be placed in a small milk bowl.

She looks to Kree off and again for a motion to speak about his cousin.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 605 posts
 Drak Hunter
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 21:05
Re: Caravan road
 ..Something to drink first..and to speak with RiKu...after that we shall get cleaned up, and eat in comfort..its  been a long time in these elathers, sitting around fries, to eat...

 he  pours some of the wine for the other two as  he sips the cold  drink..then waits  for Riku.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 32 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 21:06
Re: Caravan road
   "Externally he appears almost completely healed, internally..."  Orlin flutters his hand.  "I don't deal a lot with Elves but I have to imagine iron poisoning will weaken his immune response for some time.  I shall find a local physician and learn some.  In the mean time we can counter with herbal suppliments that boost his body's ability to deal with injury and unclean substances that cause festering."
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 606 posts
 Drak Hunter
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 22:03
Re: Caravan road
 ..Thank you for that, but once you have  done what you can, eat and rest... the next 2 days should be...interesting.

 The Beggar returned, cleaned  and , somewhat shaved..smiling a  bit, as he  gathered  some food, bread and fruit...Can't thank you enough... I'll be  headin' to teh dokc in the morning to see what i can find, I'll return either way, to let you know if  i found me a berth.

 Waving the fellow off with a slight smile,..you earned it...let me use one more of my people to do their jobs...

  The Begger bowed his head  and  smiled  , sitting down at a table he began to eat.