Caravan road.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
Luthien
 player, 684 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 06:25
Caravan road
"I must concur with Rolf. There's little wisdom in pushing horses to the death. They move the wagons far faster then any other means."

The Knight, of course, knows all about how horses and their care, after all.
to tou
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 12:13
Caravan road
  There was a big grin on the head  wagoneer's  face.Yeah...ye  see there? Some of yer people have a head on their shoulders....

 There is a Look of Displeasure on Kree's face   as he looks at the others, but he nods  slowly, Very well...Master  Wagoneer...You tell us  when the  wagons  need to stop.. I will let the outcome, be on your head.

 He looks  towards  the rays of the  rising sun, Get  ready... we movfe out in  15 minutes.... Put the  Prisoner on the back of the first  wagon, and the Beggar on the back of the 2nd  wagon.


 This saying, he  turns  to gather his pack and  weapons.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 225 posts
Sun 16 Oct 2016
at 04:49
Caravan road
Brie simply scoffs at the comment but prepares her equipment for the next leg of the journey.
Lafisual
 player, 202 posts
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 23:30
Caravan road
Lafisual shrugs.  Might possibly work out either way.  He gets on with getting ready to move out.
to tou
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 12:57
Caravan road
  The wagons  roll along  with the Arrows  spread about keeping a watch...

 The  wagoneer calls  down..About another  Hour and  I want to water the horses ....

 Kree did not  say a word,  Just waved his    hand in acknowledge . The looks on his  face stern
Lafisual
 player, 203 posts
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 13:59
Caravan road
Motioning to Kree Lafisual points to the east and relates in a hushed voice, There seems to have been a couple of puffs of smoke out that way.  Just what the cause of it was is anyone's guess - from a simple campfire to something more concerning.  It's enough though that we should be wary of it.  Lafisual goes back to his scouting position extra alert for more signs of anything that might explain what he saw.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 598 posts
 Drak Hunter
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 15:30
Caravan road
    The elf's eyes shift towards the Driver, who  doesn't  see his concern.

    ..You..Diana  and  Brie, check it out...  he turns back  and gives a whistle to Rolf to catch up to the wagons.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 349 posts
 Human Ranger
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 03:35
Caravan road
When they started moving again, Rolf fell back to his usual guarding the flank role.  He'd never been fond of anyone in his wake, he liked to see ode about.  He'd been certain that Kree hadn't liked his disagreement.  Sure, it was probably just more of Kree trying to get under people's skin and make sure they know who's in charge.  Still, there were limits.

Despite such musings, Rolf was still focused on the job.  At Kree's whistle, he takes an extra look about, then picks up the pace to quickly catch up.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 226 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 04:10
Caravan road
Brie hears her name called and moved towards Lafisual and Kree as he makes mention of the smoke off in the distance.  She gathered her bow and nods.

Better safe than sorry, she said and looked down at her calf sheath at a small dagger. Lead the way.
Diana Hunt
 player, 255 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 05:40
Caravan road
In reply to Brestine Darksbane (msg # 93):

Diana turned back to Kree, when she heard her name called.

When he motioned towards the smoke in the distance, she just nodded.  She wheeled her horse around, and slowly headed off in that direction.

She had thought about getting into the previous disagreement over the treatment of the horses, but decided to stay out of it.  Although, she was glad when it was decided that the horses could be watered.  She really had no desire to put a good horse down, just because it had been run to death.
Lafisual
 player, 204 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 14:20
Caravan road
Lafisual nods at the others and carefully heads out to see if they can get some clarity on what he saw.
Laf and co
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 14:53
Caravan road
  The  three make their  way  towards, where the  puffs of smoke  came from... there  is no real sign.

 a few 100 yards  to  the  south west ( left) of the Road. Diana can see where the high grass has been  flatten... there are several 'trails' leading  further south , paralleling the  road... there  is  a small fire patch, that has  been covered with dirt and water.

 Laf and Brie begin to see it  as they get through the high grass, nearer the flattened  area.
Lafisual
 player, 205 posts
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 16:12
Caravan road
It seems like we are being shadowed.  What do you think...investigate more or report this?  We don't want to get too far away from the group.  I imagine that they are surely aware of us and could use it as a distraction.  Lafisual contemplates while looking to the others for feedback.
Diana Hunt
 player, 256 posts
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 10:32
Caravan road
In reply to Lafisual (msg # 97):

"Yeah, I smell trap as well." Diana said.

"We could try and flank them.  See what we can see." Diana said.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 227 posts
Fri 21 Oct 2016
at 10:58
Caravan road
Brie looks about trying to see if she can catch a glimpse out of the corner of her eye or if a familiar smell came to her.

If she does see something she nods in its direction.

Either way, they will be hunted down.  Just a matter of timing.
to tou
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 00:32
Caravan road
 The Three look at the  Clearing, it is easy to see the fire  was not for warmth, or a Cook  Fire...

 From her  place, atop her horse,  she  can see   three , that merged  with a few 'game  trails' , through the   hill grasses.
Diana Hunt
 player, 257 posts
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 17:15
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 100):

Diana dismounted.  She pointed out the three game trails.

"You two cover me.  I'm gonna be bait." Diana said.

With that she stepped out, towards the fire, her hand not frar from her blade, ready to draw it as quickly as needed.

She will examine the fire closely.  Estimating how hold it is, ect.
3
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 17:36
Caravan road
  The  fire   was  recent.. it had been, near-expertly, put out  with  moist dirt and more  water, Using the greener grasses to cause  smoke... but the smoke didn't fill the sky, just a few puffs  that caught the eye  Of  Laf, and the others, as he pointed it out.
Luthien
 player, 685 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 19:42
Caravan road
"If you mean to trap them, I'd suggest herding them towards a certain point. I don't do stealth well, but if you force them towards me..."

Then he can do something.
Lafisual
 player, 206 posts
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 14:42
Caravan road
Lafisual readies his bow and stands as low as possible while still being able to see reasonably well.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 228 posts
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 16:29
Caravan road
Brie moves off to an opposite side to guard Diana as she goes to examine.

She also looks around for and additional intruders.
to tou
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 12:50
Caravan road
  The  Wagon MOves  and the    Head  Wagoneer, feeling full of himself whilstles  back to  Kree,Hey!...Elf.... There is a  Stream about  2 Miles up  the road,  will water the horse there....

 Kree  walked   his normal walk and looked around at the grasses as he maintained his watch,..I said... this  was your  call.. anything that happens , outside my suggestions are on you....

 The  Wagoneer  just  sneered  and  turned  his attentions back to the Road. The Merchant was looking  around.


  The Prisoner seemed oddly calm... The Beggar just  sat on his  wagon, trying to tie some of the rags  that covered his legs , into  a better  looking...rag.

...............

 The Three watched  Diana    take one of the paths... from their  spot in the grasses, they could  barely  see   the Canvas covered tops   of the  wagons, and the bit of  dust the  wheels  caused.

  There was no sign of  , whomever  was in the grass, but the slowly  raising , bent  grasses, showed that  fresh tracks had been made.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 350 posts
 Human Ranger
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 13:11
Caravan road
Hearing the words between Kree and the wagoneer, Rolf volunteers some input.  "That'd be a good place for an ambush.  Let's go a bit further, then I and who ever and head on to the stream and see if it's clear.  If you've got the water bags to spare, maybe we haul water to the horses instead."
to tou
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 14:26
Caravan road
  The  wagoneer  seems a bit put out.... we..could..perhaps a  few yards  up the road?... i..um..would rather  they drink it fresh from the stream?
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 229 posts
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 23:47
Caravan road
In reply to to tou (msg # 106):

Brie looked at the bent grass and took visual queues of the direction the grass, trail was leading to.  When she had a general idea of their direction, she'd clue in Diana and Lafisual.

She'd then send out her companion to alert Kree if need be.

(tracking and companion/messenger)