Caravan road.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
Riku Key
 player, 366 posts
Sat 19 Nov 2016
at 03:43
Caravan road
She looked to Kree and the others.  So what have we going on here? She asks Kree.
Luthien
 player, 690 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 19 Nov 2016
at 10:10
Caravan road
Luthien asked, "You alright?"

As he asks this, Luthien channels a bit of a prayer (CLW, not Lay on hands) and tries to restore a bit of Ivy's health.
Lafisual
 player, 214 posts
Mon 21 Nov 2016
at 15:46
Caravan road
Lafisual follows them back and nods in agreement with Brie's assessment.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 356 posts
 Human Ranger
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 15:34
Caravan road
Rolf moves up to support Kree, his bow also drawn and ready.  He has an arrow notched, but doesn't pull it as yet.  The eerie silence of the battlefield had left the ranger somewhat uneasy, above and beyond the normal experience of the battlefield.
ToTou
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 16:08
Caravan road
   Kree watches Luthien work On Ivy, his cousin is in a bad  way, but...it seems... Luthien  has stablized him for the Moment.

  The   helper  for the 2nd  wagon is  trying to  let the horses drink from their  Canvas water bags, but  he keeps looking   around .

 The Wagonmaster  is focused on the hroses  as  he holds  the  bags until they get light enough  to hook them up.

  The merchant is  about to pass out. This attack seemed more then he was prepapred to deal with.

 Kree Looks to  Brie and Laf,..I want you both  to  go across the bridge..see how  far the area of silence goes...beware., their may be some stray bandits about...Diana and Lucy, Bring  the bodies you left out into the open, so we can make an example of the  for future travellers ... The Beggar was  at the back of the first wagon, still threatening, the curisng bandit  with the dagger.

 Kree The  turned to Riku... do a search above..see if you see any one..or thing. leaving the area..if there is anyone, we will assume they are with the bandits...


 Then to  Rolf he says,..you and I , get the two wounded ones... i wish to talk with them ....here..out of the  area of silence.
Riku Key
 player, 367 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 21:20
Caravan road
Riku nods and after a quick deep breath.  She takes flight.  She goes in a circumference of about 100 yards out north then comes back goes in a westerly direction 100 yds and comes back, then south, then east.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 238 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 21:21
Caravan road
Brie nods and looks to Laf.  I'll take bow, you take sword.  Give each other about a 40 feet distance apart once we cross the bridge.  That way it's not so near to impossible to chase or catch up to the other in case of quick attack.  Keep to the shadows if possible.

She nods and walks with Laf across the bridge.
Lafisual
 player, 215 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 21:29
Caravan road
Sounds like a reasonable plan.  Lafisual moves across the bridge with Brie and then moves off listening to determine the boundaries of the silence as well as looking for other bandits.
to tou
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 21:53
Caravan road
    Riku wathes  from above , she can see  lucy and Diana  head back into the Grasses. As the pair   come near the Two dead red Elves,  Riku can see a glint off from where the   red Elves stood. in the higher grass, just to the  south of the dead red Elves.

   Kree walks up the  wounded fellow, grabbing him roughly By his leather  and began to drag him, the man cried out in pain..but there was no sound.

  The  , bigger  fellow  lay on his  side, Riku's tiny arrow in his  neck.

  Luthian  Got Ivy up a bit, his eyes  were half opened, he tries to say something but  just smiles  slightly and  slips back unconscious .

 Brie  and Laf  are about 20 yards  past the bridge, before they can here their footsteps.
Lafisual
 player, 216 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 22:36
Caravan road
Lafisual discretely looks back to see if he can see Kree and if so, points to his ear and then the ground to suggest just where the silent area ends.  He then continues to look and listen for anything else that might cause trouble in the area.
Riku Key
 player, 368 posts
Tue 22 Nov 2016
at 23:50
Caravan road
Riku heads into the direction of the glinting and carefully approaches.
Diana Hunt
 player, 263 posts
Wed 23 Nov 2016
at 08:25
Caravan road
Diana and Lucy head back into the tall grasses, collecting the bodies of the dead bandits.  Lucy stops every so often, sniffing the air.  She may not be able to hear, but her other senses are working just fine.

She sniffs the air for anything out of place.  Strange odors and the like.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 357 posts
 Human Ranger
Wed 23 Nov 2016
at 17:19
Caravan road
Rolf moves to grab the other injured fellow.  Shouldering his bow, he takes up his daggers in his right hand, using his left hand to drag, push or herd the fellow along after Kree.  He doesn't go out of his way to cause the fellow any added distress, but he doesn't go out of his way to prevent it, either.

When his voice is able to be heard again, Rolf gives the fellow a word of advice, "The sooner you share with us what you know, the less discomfort you'll experience."
to tou
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 17:06
Caravan road
  Kree     throws the man ( the best he is  able, seeing that the fellow is a Human and he's an elf) near the  opposite side of the road, from where the prisoner is  being watched by the beggar.

   He points  to a spoke  near that fellow , for Rolf  to   drop his  prisoner.  Keep an eye on him, he is not  wounded..... Then he turns to the wounded fellow,...which is why i will start with you...you are already damaged, so it should not take long for you to either talk...or  die..either way?.. is alright with me...


 Drawing a shiny leaf-shaped  throwing dagger  from his holster in the middle of his back. He lets the sun glint off it a bit. He looks at the blade and asks the men, without looking up....... have you heard of the Arrows?

 Both men nodded... Kree just said ..SPEAK!... i cannot hear the rattle inside your heads...

 they both said a  horse..'aye'

 ..good , Saves me alot of talking then... I am Kree....Quickshadow...leader of this Unit of Arows..i will only say this.. I have learned..by watching...finding and listening,..of how Slavers treated  those people they had taken...either   to use  as examples, or to get information..sometimes? Itw as just for sport. So...let us just say, I am very, very  good at making people talk...I am slightly better..at making them dead.

  The others  came from the Field  with Red Elves bodies... Riku was struggling  with a Broken scroll case of  reddish metal  that have  golden runes on it.

 His eyes shifted to the  red Elves then  back to the  prisoners.Working with  Red Elves. would get you fed to teh Serpents outside the Ironmound walls.... I do not have time for that..so?.. your choice is simple... Tell me what i wish to know...if i ampleased, you will be taken in with that Vermin , on the wagon... to the Tou Guards... we will simply say you are bandits.... however..should you think it wise  to lie, or say nothing? THen, you will die the longest. most painful death you can imagine....

 ..Now?.... tell me  these  things....1....why would red Elves attack as Bumbling Merchant.....2....why was the a first group that attacked us, a day  back?...and 3..where  di you come from...as far as this  group of bandits goes?

 The  Bandit  in the wagon shouted,...keep yer  gods-be-damned mouths  shut!

 Kree nodded with a smile,..so..your  groups where partners.....now?..lets hear your  answers..or i have to start making  'bandit jerky' from the your flesh....

 With out looking back to the Wagon he says  to anyone who would hear,..if that scum in the wagon opens   his mouth once more, Cut off one of his legs.
Lucy
 player, 207 posts
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 19:20
Caravan road


Lucy smiled at the order.

She walked over to where the bandit was.  She removed a dagger, and began to pretend to cut off his leg, in a very gleeful manner.  The Bandit could have sworn that she was ... purring?????
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 239 posts
Sun 27 Nov 2016
at 17:43
Caravan road
Riku drug the item back as best she could without much damage.  Brie saw the creature and walked over to help.  She picked the item up and Riku and placed her on her shoulder.

Looks to be a few paces past the bridge that the silence stops.

She lifts up the case.  I can bet that this is the cause.
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 358 posts
 Human Ranger
Mon 28 Nov 2016
at 16:52
Caravan road
Rolf nods and stands behind the unwounded prisoner, blade in hand.  Rolf was well practiced at this role, having been with Kree for some time now.  He was not hugely muscular or overly large, but he was lean, hard and had found that a mildly disinterested expression in such matters tended to work well to cow those under his watch.
to tou
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 03:06
Caravan road
 Brie Looks at the Broken Case...odd design it was. It looked as  though it was meant to  be snapped open, perhaps one shot  deal?

 Riku Fluttered next to her, to make sure nothing happened to the 'find'
 The Bandit Looked at Lucy... part of him  frightened  by the half breed...half repulsed...

 The Beggar  stood there with the dagger, not  wanted to anger the elf.

 Luthien had the battered Ivy on shore , The elf was...he thought ..out of danger, but was  not  in great shape.

 Diana  and  Laf bring the Red Elves  Bodies from the grasses  and  drag them over the bridge towards the   Kneeling   Elf   who  is  spinning   his  throwing dagger   in front of the wounded  fellow.

 The   bandit with  Rolf has his  eyes  grow  wide at the sight of the  dead red Elves. Their Blood  red  skin , stained by dark blue  blood.

 ..so... two lonely wagons..traveling down the caravan road? Yet we are beset...twice...by fools who wish to die?... Tell me...and Keep in mind, My cousin  has been sorely wounded...and i am  not in a ..friendly mood.... why did you attack....and why these two pitiful wagons?

  The wounded fellow  was beyond himself...we didn't know  the bloody Arrows  would be hired!..no one said nothin' about Arrows...it was supposed ta be  quick... kill the merchant..grab the goods  and be gone...

  Kree lowered his  head, the  Dagger  still spinning in his hand, as if it had  a life of its own.Without looking up he says,..so?..you are saying ..you are sorry you attacked us...but it would  have been quite alright to attack, say...The  White Stars? Or maybe the Silver Leaves? or?.. The Wandering Souls?

 The wounded Fellow  nodded rapidly.....most folk don't want to  mess with Arrows...That's why Tou...well around Tou, has been..good...there doesn't  seem ta be any of you around there...

 Kree turned to look at the others  as   the wounded fellow said this.There are always Units of Arrows...some  not  as good as mine..but..they are still Arrows....

 ....Nay...fierce  elf.....the leader of  the unit  is not as....as....

 ..say your words , man. There is not much  more you can do to me, then wound my cousin.

 ..They say you are Mad...that your own  people  cast you out of the Black Timber  for the ways you litter the land  with  Bodies....This fellow..he can be...reasoned with....and..be somewhere else3..when he needs to be...

 ..one last question...you are doing quite well... Kree's   attempt at a pleasant  smile was worse then most folks  scowl,..how did you know when these wagons were coming...and? How  did you know they were the right ones?

  The man shook his head..his mouth quivered,..the Red Ones?.. they knew..they hired us.... they said some one told them...send word  down the line , they did... we were just hired, to take out the guards....

  Pursing his   lips  as he looked off to the side in thought..he nodded slightly...Right... here's  what we do.... this  fellow  goes onto the wagon with the other  fellow.. tie them tight together... this healthy  fellow? I want him tied to the back of the second  wagon, and  out  beggar friend  will ride there, with Ivy, and make sure  the bandit keeps up.

  He   Motions for every one,..Let us be off then... I will stay a bit to decorate the bridge with the   red Ones.... I shall catch up.... as he   pulled out his  Dirk, he  stops  at the lead  wagon, the horses were watered, and  all the  drivers were seated, He looked to the Merchant, then stared at the   head Wagoneer,...I am thinking, next time...we push the horses..what do you think?

 The  Driver  just nodded  quickly.   Kree grabbed the  first Red Elf  as the wagons began to rumble, over the still silent   bridge, he strapped  the  Body to the  pole  and  carved  abn Arrow into the  forehead.... as the last wagon rolled by...Kree shoved one  of the red Elf's  arrows  down  its throat...

  Then  moved to get the second body.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 240 posts
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 05:40
Caravan road
Brie focused her energies on the box and tried to scry and see if there any spells or magicks on it.  Traps,perhaps.  Riku fluttered over her shoulder, if not for mere curiosity and secondly for a somber method of protection.  All of which Brie could sustain herself.

She looked up and over at Riku and nodded.  Me thinks I should open it, she mutters.  Then again, Kree may need help.  She puts the box in a bag and draps the satchel over her shoulder and wanders off to Kree. 

Riku follows suit, she looks to Riku.  Go help tend to Ivy, she said quickly.

Aye, said the sprite and fluttered to his side.

Brie walks up to Kree and helps to heft the second red elf up and grabs her own arrow and jams it into the red skinned one.

I'm thinking it was a set up, regardless of who was the guards at the sides, she said.  I think we took the attackers by surprise.  Possibly more along the way as we go.  Shall we send out scouts ahead of the wagons and begin taking them out?
ToTou
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 23:40
Caravan road
 as they finished   lashing the last red Elf tot eh   other post, Kree nodded  at some of the things  Brie  said.

   There is a reason we stopped here..that is for certain.  I think it better we keep the Arrows   together... Red Elves  do not  come this  far into the mainland, for a small box of  goods....

   he  takes his bow from his shoulder,..there is a good bet, the  bodies  from  these  2   'ambushes' will be found.... the message will be sent...we shall see what  those  who sent these fools do about it.
Lafisual
 player, 217 posts
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 15:54
Caravan road
Lafisual stands by while the case gets a look over from Brie and then heads back to the group behind her still watchful. I can run scout as needed of course.  Once again it would appear that there is no way to keep things under wraps.  But perhaps not everything is known since they were apparently surprised by us, or at least by our tactics.  Lafisual muses as much to himself as anyone else in the area who might hear him.
to tou
Fri 9 Dec 2016
at 13:33
Caravan road
   Kree  motions to Laf, Go tell the others  to  deploy as we did  before.... Brie and I will catch up, after  we  finish here....

 He   looked  down at the water... there  was still no sound  of the wagons rolling over the   bridge, nor the water  gurgling of the stones.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 241 posts
Sat 10 Dec 2016
at 04:09
Caravan road
Brie nodded in acknowledgement to Kree's information.

She and Kree finishes up with the markers.

Riku flutters high in the air to be an aerial scout and out of range of any more silenced attacks.
Lafisual
 player, 218 posts
Mon 12 Dec 2016
at 15:37
Caravan road
Lafisual motions to the others as Kree instructed being extra careful and watchful in the silent area.  Once he can hear again he listens for anything and if he doesn't hear or see anything to be concerned about he looks up and back just enough to allow the others to see where he is.  Once everyone seems to be moving he resumes his scouting ahead.
to tou
Mon 19 Dec 2016
at 14:32
Caravan road
    Kree and Brie, bring up the rear as they start to close in on Rolf and the wagons.


  Ivy was  still on the  wagon, more or less asleep, Riku flew over head, watching the  roadsides  for  sign of passing in the grasses.

   Diana was out  front, with Lucy on the right flank, and  Laf on the left flank...

  Luthien was walking near the front  wagon

  Tou looked to be a good  8 hours away yet.