Caravan road.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 242 posts
Tue 20 Dec 2016
at 23:26
Caravan road
Brie keeps one of her swords ready as she walks along behind the rest of the group.  She keeps her eyes open and ears alert for anyone trying to sneak up on them.

- - - -

Riku keeps a healthy distance above everyone looking for small walked on paths or any one wandering off by themselves from the beaten path.
to tou
Thu 29 Dec 2016
at 03:13
Caravan road
  As the Wagon Moves.. and Riku in the air..there is not much happening. Ivy is    coming around, but still in a bit of bad shape.

 Luthien walks along  beside the wagon..the beggar  follows  behind the other wagon , that has the prisoners.

  Diana, Lucy and Laf don't  see much, nor  does Brie as she walks a bit  in front of  Kree.

 Rolf is behind the wagons, keeping his watch.

  Riku... sees  something...someone?... trapped in a quagmire  some 200 yards to the west of the road...
Riku Key
 player, 369 posts
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 04:47
Caravan road
Riku has flown for sometime and was starting to become tired.  Just as she was about to nose dive and rest something caught her attention.

Carefully flying a bit closer she got enough details to return to the leaders and relay the message.

Taking a turn about in the air she comes back down and gives a low whistle that her and Kree and Ivy had gotten accustom to over their travels.

Once Kree returns his, she'll find him to give the news.
To Tou
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 05:00
Caravan road
  Kree hears the  whistle . he moves to the   west ( right side) of the  road.

  Luthien..take charge, keep the wagons  moving...Rolf.. Brie..come with me.... Diana, Lucy and Laf..keep your eyes  open

 as  they  crossed over the edge of the road, The elf   waited for Riku...
Riku Key
 player, 370 posts
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 08:51
Caravan road
Brie moved silently along with Rolf and Kree.

Riku fluttered down and landed on Rolfs shoulder.

Up ahead.  West side of the road is a quagmire.  Someone there.  Didnt see what type of who.
Luthien
 player, 691 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 16:36
Caravan road
Luthien nods.

"Right. Forward, then."

Luthien goes on high alert. Whatever the Captain meant to do must be stealth related, and the Knight knew well he was useless for that.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 4 posts
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 19:47
Caravan road
   The cloaked figure was picking up the hems of his cloak in disgust just saving it from getting mired as well.  "Ach" he growls in a highland Brogue and pulls off his cloak and satchel and wrapping them around his staff he throws them toward the road, free of the mire and tries to slog out to no avail.
ToTou
Sat 31 Dec 2016
at 20:53
Caravan road
  There is  rustling, the figure in the Mire can see three figures  spread out , walking  cautiously ....

 he ...thinks?..he  sees  something Flirting above them.

..............

  The  Middle one has a Bow  up as he  steps as if in the Hunt... to his left, is a bit ..more slender figure with a bow as well... to the   right his a more broad shouldered form..
Orlin lion soul
 player, 5 posts
Sun 1 Jan 2017
at 00:28
Caravan road
   Stopping from his struggles, Orlin spies the figures approaching.  Or fer beauties sake.  Put down yer weapons an give me a hand outta here.  I've got nothin worth theivin an ye've got nothing I'd want to be troubling myself with.
Lafisual
 player, 219 posts
Sun 1 Jan 2017
at 22:27
Caravan road
Lafisual maintains his vigilance while letting others deal directly with the cloaked figure in case it was a distraction.
To Tou
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 02:17
Caravan road
   Kree, Brie  and Rolf  come in closer... Riku Hovering close.

  ...we only take things  from dead Foes...as  for you troubling  us.... There is a Good  Natured  chuckle,..how did you find your self in this? Most folks know , when the rains  come, to step lightly, where the grass grows shorter.....For our part?..we guard a  small caravan so it  may reach Tou..we have been, beset twice....

 he looks over the  quagmire, and the  larger  build on the fellow,where  might you be headed? as he talked he nodded  for Brie and Rolf to  flank out left and right.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 7 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 10:35
Caravan road
   "Where am I headed?  Out of here I hope.  I've come from the mountains and got dropped off in this soggy valley.  It wasn't my idea to end up here.  Call it a spell gone wrong so I don't exactly have a destination right now." He shakes some mud from his hand,  "Egads, give me a good Alpine woods any day of the week."
Orlin
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 11:36
Caravan road
  Kree's  smile fades a bit as he talks of Alpine  woods, but  quickly comes back.

  ..Indeed.. we have had   some rain... and in an hour or so, we will have alot more..the wind is freshening, andthe sky is drk to the  south and west.... HAd we not  come along, there is a good  bet you would have  drowned as the  muck and mire grew in size....

 He watches Rolf and Brie test the edges of the mire,..I have a bit of a barter for you? We will aid  in getting you out... and you follow us  to Tou....Then?   we can talk over your destination over a hot Meal and cold drink?

 He looks  around for  Riku,RikU...Please Fetch Luthien... tell him to have the wagons  stop  and the  others   pull back to guard the wagons.....
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 359 posts
 Human Ranger
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 17:06
Caravan road
Rolf looks over the situation with the stranger, considers the layout of the trees and what may be done to help, maybe a tree branch that could either serve as a platform to haul the fellow up, or at least to allow him to swing along a bit.  If nothing else, he could throw a rope and drag the fellow out, though that'd leave him rather mucked up.

In low tones to his companions, he adds, "Helping one in need is an admirable task, assuming he's not bait for another attack.  He's not so much as shared a name, only demanded that we sheath our weapons and provide assistance.  He's in no immediate danger, perhaps he could provide a more detailed accounting of himself?"
To Tou
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 17:13
Caravan road
    Kree shucks off his pack,  searching through it  with one hand, as the  other holds his  bow, , pulling out  a tightly wrapped  Silk rope,..Luthien is coming, I am sure he will be able to answer   some of those  questions....

 He hands the Coil to Rolf and points to Brie, to have her  Bow  ready.

  Laying his bow on his pack, The elf asks,..you are  rather ....large featured? Perhaps you might  tell us  your name, and where you Hail from, whilst we ready the rope....
Riku Key
 player, 371 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 21:53
Caravan road
Riku takes flight towards Luthien to relay the message.

Upon seeing him, she flutters down within his height range.

Master Kree says to halt the wagons for a moment and remain on alert.  He is of need of your aide.

------------------------------------------

Brie took the flank opposite Rolf.  She looked about for any encroaching or hidden enemies whilst Rolf and Kree concoct a plan.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 8 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2017
at 23:52
Caravan road
Aye,  I'll come with ya.  I've nowhere else to be  an it would do me well to find a task to help you in return"

   As you get closer you see he is big, and without the cloak hairy and heavily muscled.
ToTou
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 00:51
Caravan road
   The Elf  Crouches  as he  looks over the  Fellow, with Brie standing watch with her  Bow, and Rolf working the Rope.

 I am Kree Qucikshadow.. I lead this Unit of Crimson Arrows. We are one of the  bigger  mercenary Companies in the lands.... we are also one of  the least liked, Since  we  may like short for Slavers and such...
Orlin lion soul
 player, 9 posts
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 05:25
Caravan road
   The giant stranger calms his frustration and takes time to compose himself. "I greet thee Kree Quickshadaow.  I am called Orlin, Lion soul in my own dialect.  I bid you may your path be safe and your journey fruitfull."  Orlin lapses into a more relaxed speech pattern while his eyes follow the rescue efforts. "I don't have much truck with slavers myself.  I believe the lot of the should be hamstrung and left for the wolves, but then like must of the Shamen of my people I've  a bit of a soft heart.  Us hill folk tend to stay to ourselves but when we do go abroad we tend to be mercenaries.  Few lowlanders have any other use for barbarian woodsman types."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:02, Tue 03 Jan 2017.

To Tou
Tue 3 Jan 2017
at 13:02
Caravan road
 Looking over his shoulder, waiting  for Luthien, Then Back to Orlin, just the briefest of glances at Brie, to  make sure she  was covering the fellow.

   This  Is Rolf..... The elf jerks his head  to the Big fellow, and The Lady is Brie....They have  been part of  my unit  for a while..Rolf, amopst from the start...There are others  with the wagons... I called for the Holy Warrior who has been with me  a while, as well....

 He points  randomly in the sky,..Riku is  about, she may have the  roughest part of  The Crimsdon Arrows, as she will travel between units, or  out  base in Ironmound....should  we be successful in getting the wagons to Tou, we will head  South East to the Black Timber, where my Family's Village is...it is  also the main Base  for the Arrows,  as we take in , most folks  who have lost thier way of life to slavers..or red Elves....  he makes  a motion with his  right hand to show    'any reason'.

 Now?... Once Good  Rolf  gets  this   loop ready  we will try to  pull you out.... Luthien..will be able to help with that as well...Brie, will make certain, not  goes  awry
Rolf Liefsen
 player, 360 posts
 Human Ranger
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 18:07
Caravan road
Rolf pauses long enough to give the fellow a nod as Kree introduces him, but he keeps his attention on his work.  He finishes fashioning the loop.

He again studies the options.  He's rather not just pull the fellow through the muck if there's another option, but if there's not, through the muck the fellow he will pull.
to Tou
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 19:14
Caravan road
 being the grasslands, trees are  few and far between, most trees have  been grown, on purpose , near the road, to provide  some shade  for travelrs when they stop. even at that, there are  only clumps  of 2 or three that survive.

  So, Dragging seems to be what it will come to.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 11 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2017
at 20:03
Caravan road
The Firbolg realizes the situation and groans.  "Well, when ye come late to the campfire, you can't complain about getting a bad seat.". He takes a tossed rope and submits to being pulled out.
Luthien
 player, 692 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 02:06
Caravan road
Luthien arrives, having returned from his other duty. Well this was new. But he trusted his senses and the judgment of his goddess.

"Welcome."

He'd save further comment for later.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 599 posts
 Drak Hunter
Fri 6 Jan 2017
at 02:13
Caravan road
  Shadow   watched   Rolf  toss  the  silken , braided rope to the big fellow in the Mire....Brie  was opposite with her Bow  ready...as  Riku fluttered  around.

 ...Good  Riku found  this  fellow. elsewise he would have been in a sorry  state when the storm, coming up the River  gets here....

 he  Turns  to Luthien, Between you, Rolf and I will should be able  to drag him out.....Perhaps?.. you might see..if there might be a 'cloud'  above his head?

 The elf's eyes drop down to Lutjhien's  Holy symbol  before  he joins  Rolf on the 'pulling end'...