GRASSLANDS.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
Khorvar Bloodstone
 player, 46 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 02:40
GRASSLANDS
Khorvar relaxed a bit his hand on his hand axe, but looked nervously at the horses. "Khorvar Bloodstone, Hail an well met. I be havin ta get on a horse? Ya aint be havin a mountain pony do ya?"
Diana Hunt
 player, 381 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 06:03
GRASSLANDS
Diana lets her guard down and goes to meet the new arrivals.  She has a broad smile and is very friendly.
Lucy
 player, 320 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 06:06
GRASSLANDS

Seeing the riders friendly, Lucy relaxes.

She has some fond memories of the Timber.  Especially the little ones and their "kitty lady" as they called her.

She also remembered the place as a place  to relax.  That was something she was looking forward to, without doubt.

She chose a horses, rubbing the back of it's head, and giving it an apple she had stuffed away in her pack.
Myranda of the Glenn
 player, 832 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 08:00
GRASSLANDS
Myranda approached a mount, her hand extended to allow it to smell her. Giving it a pat she appeared to be whispering something into its ear.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 492 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 12:02
GRASSLANDS
   Orlin notes the change in Star Dancers demeanor but doesn’t quite understand it.  Still he isn’t entirely sure he understands these words himself. “You use the Razor Hawks for scouting?  I imagine they would be shy on details.” He looks to see if his size would be a problem with the mounts.  It might be another detail that was overlooked.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:09, Wed 27 Mar.

heading hiome
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 12:41
GRASSLANDS
    As the People Mounted up, Kree made certain that the ex slaves  and  damaged   Mage  were   settled forest… Brie  and Inda  helped hold the reins for some of them.

   The Horses seemed to gravitate towards  Stardancer.

  as the  others picked thier  Mounts..The Warden  who lead  the   horse  asked,..There  was  a  Glow in the  early Morning, Up river, though,  we could not  tell what?.. it is  in the direction of the Trace  Wood?... does our brothers  and  sisters   need  out  aid?

 Kree gave a thin lipped smile  as he  said,..an  Unintended blow to Mok...Two...may be more  to the point?.. I will tell all at the  Feast

 A wide  smile on the Leader's   face,..Indeed...the birds noticed  Ivyian...and preparations Began..

 There is  concern on his  Face  as he   says,..you..Father...Elder  Quickshadow... is  worried what  you have been about these  past weeks...

 Kree Nods,..My father , tend  to worry too much  on things that  are not worrisome, and  ignores  those  that  should be acted on...a failing i did not seem to inherit ...

 Ivy grins,..that is damnably sure, Cousin!

 ..Now?..Ride to the Timber.. get the freed slaves  and the MAge looked at by  Druids  and Healers.. I will walk with  Good Orlin..I will not have one of  my Unit   enter the Trees   alone...
Niphre
 player, 59 posts
 An assassin.
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 12:43
GRASSLANDS
In reply to Lucy (msg # 375):

Niphre headed over to the horses, selecting one for herself( thank the gods she had learned to ride when she was little!)and gently patting it on the muzzle, as her father had taught her to do.
Krwyn
 player, 270 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 14:59
GRASSLANDS
Krwyn rides side by side with Ivy, Justin and Myranda one at the time to learn what they did in his absence.
Justin
 player, 1896 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 19:49
GRASSLANDS
In reply to Krwyn (msg # 380):

As they ride along Justin listens to Krwyn's account of his exploits, Ivy's rendition of the Crimson Arrows; Justin also relates the events Myranda, Brother Paola and he, have been apart of.
getting near
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 16:17
GRASSLANDS
  Ivy will explain, from his part, what happened  with trying  to  find the  missing , Trace Wood   Arrows, pointing out they found  two, one  died in a skirmish,  the other is the  befuddled mageling.

 He told of the  Dark  Folks  and  smaller  dark folk.. and the  ruins  they  found  under the mountain.

 and  with  a large  smile, his view of the   'attack ' on the   Merchant Lords  Quarter in Mok..and the downfall of thier  warship.

………………………………..

    was the  walk  along the   Rutted merchant's  road, the grasses  are near up to   Kree's  shoulder , save  for the worn   'road'.

  Well, Good Orlin?... you  lived to  see The Black Timber once  more...and  managed  to  send  some   darker folks  to the  9 hells.  I bet you did not see that  apporaching , a few months  ago..

 every   5 minutes or so..it looked  , to those who have not see it in the day.... that the trees  seemed to grot  by  feet..but the simple fact was, they  very very large, very old  trees... they only seemed  to grow, as  one's mind try to sort out the  size the .

……………………………

 There  was one  monster Tree , Laying out , after having  Fallen from  100s of years of standing  guard.

  tiny figures   were crawling over it, the   very faint  sound of    ax and saw  echoed .. One of the Wardens said,..the tree  fell  a  few days  ago.. appears that  Root eaters got it?...   There have been   riders  sent to  Tou, Trok  and Ironmound,   with a statement for the  Price  of the   would  Cut or  Uncut..they must provide thier  owns transport....  there have  been some large  slices  sent to  Timber Home  and Razorhawk Village, to they may be used  for Housing there,.Thus , allowing  the spirit  to   stay in the  forest.

 Kree Nodded,  a Tree that size,  could  build   2  Ironmound Frigates, except for the masts.. or    twice that many barks or sloops.., with masts...Trok  will try to buy enough to build  a  sloop or bark..Tou will try to get  a few Heavy   ships built  as   RAiders  and merchant men

  The Black Timber  does  not  beg... they come with the right  coin, and thier own transport, or  we sell to the next person... what we  do not sell will go back into the Village  for   Homes, weapons Decorations..none of the mighty tree  will be wasted.
Justin
 player, 1897 posts
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 22:04
GRASSLANDS
In reply to getting near (msg # 382):

As they travel towards the Black Justin considers the statement about the Fallen tree.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:10, Thu 28 Mar.

Kree Quickshadow
 player, 784 posts
 Dark Hunter
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 22:12
GRASSLANDS
  Looking up , ahead  at Justin,..I served  as  the CAptain of the palace Guard..I would hear  the    ink and  parchment people   throw  numbers  aroud?  for a frigate..an Ironmound  Frigate..50,000 Plats..easy.. a sloop or  a BArk.. maybe  10 ,000 plats?..Tou  and  Tork  would make them  for less, but they would be  worth less.
Justin
 player, 1898 posts
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 22:41
GRASSLANDS
Justin gives his head a shake at the need to set fire to the Merchantman, its value would have been of a tidy bonus for the Crimson Arrows.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:19, Sun 31 Mar.

Myranda of the Glenn
 player, 833 posts
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 05:21
GRASSLANDS
Myranda was eager to get back to the Black Timber, there was several things which needed attending to.
Stardancer
 player, 115 posts
 Centauress
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 06:48
GRASSLANDS
"It is still sad to see the ending of such a sentinal." she said with a touch of sadness in her tone.  "To be useful still even after passing is ...strange"
entering
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 17:34
GRASSLANDS
    As they  walk alongside the  riders   Kree   says , aloud...Time   cuts us all down. We  may only fend  of the Axes, so long.  The Tree will  live again as  part of  two Villages... and it  were  serve the   Towns  who pay for the  wood, as a defender, or merchant man....

  the Sun was  finally  touching the    south east tips of the  Mountains, The Black Timber  was already casting its long  Shadows.. 6 More  wardens  appeared  from the  trees  Bow  ready as they studied the Group.

 The  Warden who lead the Horses  shouted,..Send Word, Captain Kree returns  with  The Crimson Arrows...., Two to the wardens   truned  and VAnished BAck into the trees.

 ..Since you are  all Arrows, save   for the folks yo have freed?.. we will take you the Warden's Way... we will be  at the  Village in  2 hours...

 Thank You...My people   have  traveled  straight through, I promised  our  new  members , that we  have  welcomes like few have seen.

 The  Rider    smiled,Indeed!... the  woman folk , cooks  and such  have  been baking the  summer pies...  Merchants from Tou  camped out side the trade  road to  But from  our  people  and   Timber  Home... soem few  Farmers   went out..and sold them quite  well...Must be hungry folk in HUman towns...
Niphre
 player, 60 posts
 An assassin.
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 00:14
GRASSLANDS
"We will be at the village in two hours."

 Oh, thank the gods. Niphre was getting tired of riding, but she would never say so.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:14, Mon 01 Apr.

Khorvar Bloodstone
 player, 47 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 01:27
GRASSLANDS
Khorvar seen that some where not getting on horses and made his way over to them. He then made a quick comment. 'I be glad I aint da only one wantin ta walk. Mountain pony I be dealin wit, but horses I aint good wit."

Khorvar could feel the heat from his cheeks, as he tried to hide his embarrassment.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 785 posts
 Dark Hunter
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 01:40
GRASSLANDS
   With a  Looks   of amusement, Kree  says to the Dwarf,well?  As I said?.would not  be right  for POrlin to be the only one walking. And for the most part, we travel by  foot  anyway, too many places  we  go, where  mounts  would have to be left to the wilds.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 493 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 02:35
GRASSLANDS
  "M'stride is longer than a horses anyway.  I can best them at a walk though not a run.  I can understand the need to use ones own feet worthy dwarf, but there is no need to walk out of sympathy."

  Orlin turns to the elf "Indeed six months ago I could not see any life away from my people, nor could I imagine the old one ever wanting to cooperate.  Perhaps this is our destiny, or perhaps your ladys of luck wanted my presence.  It will be interesting to see where this goes."
Khorvar Bloodstone
 player, 48 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 03:36
GRASSLANDS
Khorvar gave a snort. "Aint sympathy. I aint built fer da horse, be all an dey anint likin me eder." He walked on quietly.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 494 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 04:25
GRASSLANDS
   The towering Firbolg looks down at the dwarf and raises an eyebrow, "Un, That part about the sympathy wasn't for your ears Bloodstone."
Stardancer
 player, 116 posts
 Centauress
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 05:08
GRASSLANDS
"I have had no problems with horses..I rather like them" She looked to the dwarf and Orlin with a wide grin.  One of the horses did give her a bit of a headbutt for a cheek skritching.  It then nickered and gave a bit of a snort and ear flick.  Stardancer laughed a rather human laugh then gave a few nickers. "This one wants to know if he can have an apple.  And apparently likes my blonde mane" she translated the Aranto for the others.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 495 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 06:45
GRASSLANDS
   Orlin laughs "Well we all like your blond mane, but I'm fresh out of apples.  I imagine two many would be unhealthy too.  For my money? Liking a horse and wanting to squish the poor creature under my weight just for my own convenience are two different things." Orlin is thoughtful for a moment.  "I would feel much more comfortable riding if I could have the horses permission in the future.  I've been traveling the mountains as a shamen so long on my own two feet, it is strange to take it for granted that another should bear my weight for me."  He remembers the camel rides none too fondly.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:45, Mon 01 Apr.

donsr
 GM, 1468 posts
 DM
 Ironguard
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 13:26
GRASSLANDS
(( Group now  go to   Black Timber>>>>>>>>))