GRASSLANDS.   Posted by donsr.Group: 0
donsr
 GM, 1211 posts
 DM
 Ironguard
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 21:04
GRASSLANDS
   <<<<< Kree group from Black Timber

  The Grasses were lower, in the more  rocky areas. after the  Group walked for a while, it was easier to see  the lower Grass, from the higher... it was also easier to see the Deep green of   soggy  area.. to the   yellow green of the  dry, or  rocky areas

 Mize looked at the sky,if you wish to push, before a  highsun meal...  we can stop..maybe... a half hour?... then Continue.. there is ..or was... a grasslander camp.. they move from time to time  so they do not  'hunt out' and area, nor give  Cat folks and such , something they can count on..My Village will be another Days  travel at this  rate, if your  intent is to go to Mok?

 ..That sounds  about right.. short stop for  some water and pack food.. then see what we can do about  finding the Camp....even if we do not find them.... we can still sue thier site.
Kree's unit
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 03:11
GRASSLANDS
  As they moved through the grasslands.. the humind  grasses made it  stickier...hotter..

  Now and then a breeze would blow across the grasses , making it look like waves on a green-yellow sea.

  Mire plodded along on his  pony, he talked a lot...a lot...stories of pony riders.. fights  with cat folks...funny stories, sad  stories...

 Ivy  had his bow  across his shoulders, hands  draped over each end....so?  your  people... do not ..like... stay quiet long?

 mire  Grinned, we  ride horse... does not matter  how quiet we are?, My woodland Brother... YOu are used  to  sneaking from tree to tree...

 Kree   smiled a bit darkly,... we also move through the streets in alleys, like  shadows....many a foe never see or hear is  coming....ask the slavers back there....

 well my friends.... the Grasslands are different.... if there is somethign waiting for you..and you do not see it.. then you must fight it.... unless you wish to travel the night.... it will be worse for you..should you enter the sands..... islands of  water  and trees, are spread around... folks who live in the sands  we see you days before you even know they are there?

  ...sounds  as though..it is  a hard place to travel...

 It is, good captain....it is....

 ..Then?  Answer this... how do the snadfolk, Can folk and raiders... manage to  take so many slaves?

 Mire  went to answer... his mouth moved as he screwed up his  lips and  brow furrowed...

 ..by the Gods!... you  quieted him!

 chuckles  all around as Mire shook his head as he laughed.
Shadow Mist
 player, 127 posts
 Quiet and reserved
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 16:40
GRASSLANDS
 "Be careful of your hands and arms here. That of kind grass can cut if you get an edge against your skin."

 She pointed out a type of grass that grew higher than other grasses, and had stripes of light and dark green on the leaves, and fronds on top. (  http://www.pernellgerver.com/zebra.gif  ) and another tall grass that had large poofs of plumes on top (  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini...rtaderia-grasses.jpg  ).

 She avoided those clumps and patches as much as possible. Not only would they clutch at her clothing and feet, they would cut welts into her skin that would burn and and bleed for hours.
Orlin lion soul
 player, 202 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 16:53
GRASSLANDS
Orlin is the usual quiet traveling companion.  He ranges a little off to the side, a little back from the front.  His eyes are wary.  He's not happy about being unable to see through the grass or the humid heat.
Lafisual
 player, 329 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 17:15
GRASSLANDS
In reply to Shadow Mist (msg # 3):

That's good to know.  He takes note of the grasses she was pointing out and makes sure to avoid them.  I haven't spent much time in lands like this.  When I did, I was on roads.  He continues on looking for anything that might need to be dealt with.
Shadow Mist
 player, 128 posts
 Quiet and reserved
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 17:20
GRASSLANDS
 "Roads would be nice! Things can hide in the grasslands, especially catfolk. Keep your eyes alert for grasses that move against the wind. Like when you see a large fish in the water when it goes against the ripples in a lake."

 She smiled when she thought about the last time she'd gone fishing. She'd been without a job that time and could do as she pleased. She'd caught a few nice bass and a nice catfish.
Luthien
 player, 753 posts
 Son of the Hunter
 Shining Light
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 19:06
GRASSLANDS
Luthien, at the moment, has yet to find an arcane caster. Otherwise his armor would be more than adequate for the task. it still is, where it hasn't been damaged so bad you can see arm through it.
donsr
 GM, 1213 posts
 DM
 Ironguard
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 19:14
GRASSLANDS
  Luthien feels the  breeze in his chest and arm...maybe?  it might not be a bad idea, not to fix it!
Lafisual
 player, 330 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 21:14
GRASSLANDS
I will definitely keep that in mind. Lafisual responds back softly and continues to scout.  It sounds like you have had a lot of experience in this kind of terrain. He winks at her.
Kree's unit
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 22:19
GRASSLANDS
   The group finds the last resting   spot of a Nomad  group, Mire  says,..no more then 30 Minutes...then we should Go, if  we want a chance to reach   my village

 Kree Takes off his  Pack and sits  down on the, rather barren  ground...rock was under most of the   circle, about  30 yards in Diameter.

 ...nomads  don't luse  alot of toom?

 Mire   sets up a water bag for his pony,..most of them  are  outcasts, or  adventure seeking  fools.. they gather together when they come across each other..never more then  15..maybe  20..it is sad when there are little ones. If they are Attacked, they are the ones to fall first.

 ..Outcasts?

 ..they break laws..steal ..bed another's spouse ..things like that..murderers  are put to death.
Shadow Mist
 player, 129 posts
 Quiet and reserved
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 09:17
GRASSLANDS
In reply to Lafisual (msg # 9):

 She laughed as he winked at her. She hadn't expected him to do that!

 "Well, there's some gardens that use those grasses in controlled pots. Time and again I have... lurked in a garden or two. The grass makes good hiding spots if one doesn't wish to be seen."
Kree's unit
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 13:41
GRASSLANDS
  almost 30 Minutes  Pass. Mize gets up and    takes the near empty water bag off  his pony. shaking  it out  and  hooking it on the thin sadly to  dry.

  ..Time  we get Moving , Captain.  you do not want to be in the grasses, at night... too easy to find snakes...

 Kree laughed,..My friend... we travel the realms?.... walking through the grassland snakes   , is of bo threat to us.

   Mize   Mounted up, and he gave  Kree a  stern smile,... You  do not know....even  as short ago...as 5 years?  grasslands snakes only caused a bit of fever..perhaps slow you down, make you clumsy for a day or two.... But The Sandfolk bastards, do not check cargo as they should.  The poison filled   adders  and such, slipped into the crasslands..finding it   a feast, with thier poisons, to find  easy meals.. from vilage rats , cats and dogs.. to the rodents   of the fields.... they grow in size, and..some have  mated with the  Grassland constrictors. Another 5 years  they have reached Tou...  and  begin to enter the  Trace and Black Timber... Any such  snake you kill, if you bring the body to a sage or Potion maker?  they will pay you a silver or two... if you get a poison bearing Constrictor, they will give you a gold... we have weekly hunts, in my village, to kill they sand  snakes.. we   wrap them in Bundles  and take them to Tou or the Trace Wood.... The trace Elves  are  now making poisoned arrows to fight the Flood of dark folk.. perhaps you will, as well?

 ..we have used poison in the past, when the crown would send us  on an Assassination have not used it against plain folks yet..

 ..might be somehting to keep in mind, if you travel the Sands... the  Sand Fols pop up in numbers.. any way to thin the herd  should be used.
Brestine Darksbane
 player, 381 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 04:50
GRASSLANDS
Brie stood as they rested, watching the grasses as it flowed in the tempered breeze.  She swapped out and watched the others as they rested or stood guard.  When Mize stood and was ready to go, she shifted her bag and stretched a bit.

While, it might be mild mannered pursuing for us, there are others not as well equipped for your ventures...my Captain.

She gave Kree a wink and a nudge.

------

Riku had taken to resting on Mize's horse.  After all the flight she's taken the past couple of weeks, she was ready to rest, briefy.
Shadow Mist
 player, 130 posts
 Quiet and reserved
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 05:53
GRASSLANDS
 She followed the rest being sure to avoid the cutting grass. She kept watch as usual, weapons ready eyes and ears and senses alert. She kept near her new friend to back him up. If not for him, she might not stay, since none of the rest of the Arrows seemed interested in new friends.

 "Is it always like this Lafisual? Always following behind the others and camping or stopping for a night then walking and walking again? Why don't we all ride horses? It would leave us less weary in case of battle."
Lafisual
 player, 331 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 14:23
GRASSLANDS
That, or scouting ahead.  At one time some folks had horses but those folks split off into another group I think.  For myself I guess I don't mind so much as I feel I can scout better from the ground.  I have honestly never owned a horse though I have ridden one in the past on occasion.  He continues along glad of his new friend.
Ivyain Nightblade
 player, 96 posts
 Death in the dark
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 14:43
GRASSLANDS
  Ivy  turns      his head a bit , saying over his shoulder,..we have used horse we have stole... some folks have  horses... but it  is better to  be unemcumbered by having a horse or some mount, that you need to take care of.  There is also the loss one feels , when it gets  killed... we can leave a trail, at any time,and not be  worried  of what will happen to the mounts...
Shadow Mist
 player, 131 posts
 Quiet and reserved
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 04:48
GRASSLANDS
 "I suppose that is true. Though you can eat them in case of running out of food in some cases. Mares Shank is ok if you don't mind traveling slowly and wearing out feet and shoe leather. I have to admit though having a pack pony can be nice to carry supplies sometimes."

 She shrugged her shoulders a bit to settle her backpack better and ease a cramp in her back. She kept watching the grass around them as they walked through the wavering stalks, glad the breezes were blowing somewhat to keep them cool.
grasslands
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 09:21
GRASSLANDS
    as the night began to creep up on them,  Ivy's  Blade snapped out.....gods be damned  snake!  It is your fault Mize.. you summoned them by talking about them.

 ... you  are too jumpy my friend... we wil see more as we near the Village... the warmth of cook fires, and the  sheds that house the ponies..rodents that come in to try and eat our grain...lots of things  for snakes to do in a village.. between them and the cats.. we do not lose much grain to rodents.

  Kree says,..I can see a glow?... is that your village?

  ..It is..and it is alot closer then you think...
Pony Haven
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 17:12
GRASSLANDS
   It wasn't  until they were about 500 yards away, that  Riku could see the 'walls' of the Village.... Then the elves in the  group , notices the old  way the grass...'didn't  move'.

   A small female voice  shouted  from somewhere  ahead,Hold your  weapons above your heads... or  feel the bite of an arrow...


 Kree and   Ivy hold their  weapons above their heads.
Lafisual
 player, 332 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 17:38
GRASSLANDS
Following Kree's lead, Lafisual also holds his weapon over his head.  He gives a slight look of concern to Shadow but then shrugs.  I guess if Kree doesn't feel a need to be confrontational I suppose it's ok, He whispers quietly but keeps his eyes in the direction of the voice and looks around for other dangers.
Diana Hunt
 player, 321 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 19:47
GRASSLANDS
In reply to Lafisual (msg # 20):

Diana slowly raised her blade above her head.  What choice did she have? The Enemy had the draw on them and to do otherwise would be to invite trouble.

So, she complied.
Lucy
 player, 257 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 19:51
GRASSLANDS
In reply to Pony Haven (msg # 19):


Lucy had taken to the grasslands like a duck to water.  She found it ... playful to move among the grasslands, and then sneak up on an unsuspecting teammate with a "Boo!"
And then laugh as they jumped.

Then she stopped being playful.  The wind had switched and she had picked up scent.  But even she was too late.  The voice was ordering her to raise her weapons before she could really move.

She cursed here playfulness at that moment.  A stupid thing even a kitten would have been smart enough not to do.

So, she did the only thing she could.  She raised her blade above her head.
grasslands
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 21:09
GRASSLANDS
  Mize   rode His  Pony ahead of the others,..Ease My  Brothers and sisters... these  are Arrows from the Black Timber..  we shared battle and Victory together... send words for a feast tonight!

  An Grassland  elf appeared to pop out of the ground. and  run in the direction the group had Been traveling.


  At least 6 more rose out of the ground like Undead. Kree lowered his  Bow,...elves that live under ground?

  Mize Laughed,..you might say that... but you will understand  once we reach the Village.... Dwarves?  we are not..but we have copied them to an extent...

 The  6  Elfs that popped  up wave the  group to right...Mize was leading that way as well.

 ..you cannot  go further forward, save  to follow the path i am taking....had i not been with you.. you would have  been told  to yeild or die...since it is hard to tell, good folks, from the fell...