2.0 Murder in Sandpoint.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 0
Talis Revain
 player, 202 posts
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 19:59
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Talis, "I think this one might be still alive."
Glum
 player, 398 posts
 The world's least dour
 dwarf. Hence the name.
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 20:05
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
"There's one way to tell", said Glum and summoning the positive energy of a healing spell, he sacrificed his mending spell for the day, instead curing the one point of damage Talis has caused (although of course, this action will cause a further point of damage should this scarecrow be undead).
DM
 GM, 727 posts
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 20:18
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Through the hole in the clothes, Glum sees the wound heal and close.  The figure starts struggling again.
Glum
 player, 399 posts
 The world's least dour
 dwarf. Hence the name.
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 20:20
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
"He's alive", said Glum. "Free him and remove the gag if he's gagged."
DM
 GM, 728 posts
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 21:39
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
The scarecrow turns out to be an older woman who is suffering from ghoul fever, but who hasn't succumbed yet.  She is Lettie Guffmin.  She and her husband retired to a small farm last year.  Last night the ghouls came and dragged them to the barn and bit them and set her up as a scarecrow.  She has been suffering all day and has the first feelings of this strange hunger.  She thinks her husband was also bit, but doesn't know where they took him.
Zer-wedula
 player, 312 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 00:40
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
"Maybe we should find a safe place for the  night," Zer-wedula suggests.
DM
 GM, 729 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 15:08
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Barely able to walk, Lettie pleads, "Please find my husband young man, before it is too late."  But is it too late already?
Talis Revain
 player, 203 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 18:05
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Talis comforts her, "Yes ma'am, we will find your husband.  Then we will escort you to a safe farm.  This won't happen again."
Tanrov
 player, 55 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 18:37
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
"How we goin' to cure her," asks Tanrov.
Glum
 player, 400 posts
 The world's least dour
 dwarf. Hence the name.
Fri 4 Jun 2010
at 21:05
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
"We need a better cleric than me", said Glum, "So do I for that matter."
Zer-wedula
 player, 314 posts
Sun 6 Jun 2010
at 13:54
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
"Where would we look for your husband, dear lady?" Zer-wedula asks, summoning all the kindness he can muster.
DM
 GM, 732 posts
Mon 7 Jun 2010
at 20:12
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
   Choosing to go northeast, the group comes upon a normal scarecrow at a 4 way intersection with a couple of poles that used to have scarecrows on them (probably a couple that you have previously put down).  You pass a few locations that show signs of struggle about a day or 2 ago.  Probably where the farmers posse was caught running away and killed/caught (with only farmer Gump being the sole survivor).

   Heading east, you see ahead a scarecrow.  As Talis approaches, it starts to struggle and he notices that this area has many fresh tracks and the field has been trampled.  Being careful, Talis starts to carefully reach out to check if this one is alive or dead.  With a howl several ghouls reach out and attack from under the cover of leaves, taking the whole party by surprise.

Round surprise
Ghoul1-4, 1(right next to) and 2(5' step) attack Talis, but miss as Talis retains his dex, even when flatfooted.  3, moves through the plants toward Glum (odd, he should have gone for the wounded woman).  4, comes running down the other trail.  From off in the distance you hear more howls, more ghouls are coming.
[Private to Glum: You figure she is so close to becoming a ghoul herself, that the ghoul sees her as 1 of the pack.  She definitely needs healing within 1/2 a  day.]

Tactical Situation
            dam      status
Ghoul 1    - 0
Ghoul 2    - 0
Ghoul 3    - 0
Ghoul 4    - 0


Z-Zer
G-Glum
C/g-Cat and garious if she is not riding him
T- Talis
R- tanRov
d- dog 1
w- wounded woman
$- scarecrow, moving
#- field
numbers- Ghouls
strike- paralyzed
_ - body


      #  #
   ###  #
    4   #
   ###  $
     #2 #
     # T1
     #  #
     #  #
    #  #
    #  #
     #  #
     #  #
     3GR#
     #wd#
      #ZC#
      #  #
      #  #
       #  #
       #  #
       #  #
       #  #




Zer and Talis may post for round 1;
<AND DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE AC AND HP(CURRENT/TOTAL)>

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:19, Mon 07 June 2010.

DM
 GM, 733 posts
Mon 7 Jun 2010
at 22:29
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Talis will move back to attack the ghoul on Glum, taking the 2 Aoo, "Leave the one's in front to me and Betsy," shaking the polearm.  Hacking (16 to hit) the ghoul on Glum (12 dam).  Taunting the ghouls, "Hungry boys, come and get it" with a savage smile.

DM: both Aoo (rolling poorly) miss, Ghoul3 is still up

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:31, Mon 07 June 2010.

DM
 GM, 734 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 18:49
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
[Private to GM: Ghoul Fever = no one so far]
Round 1
Zer-wedula   throws his 1 magic stone and misses.

Talis does 12 dam to ghoul3

Ghoul1-4, 1,2 and 4 all move forward howling (but you can make out words in the howls, they are communicating!) and surround Talis, who gets 3 aoo.  But he has trouble swinging his weapon 180os and misses the first 2 attacks (rolled a 1 and 5).  He finally gets it ready and hits ghoul4 for 10 damage.
Ghoul1 hits with a bite for 6 damage on Talis (makes his save vs paralysis)
[Private to GM: Makes save vs Ghoul Fever]
Ghoul2 misses, even with the flanking bonus
Ghoul3 attacks Glum 3 times, hitting with 1 claw for 2 damage (makes his save vs paralysis)

Tactical Situation
            dam      status
Ghoul 1    - 0
Ghoul 2    - 0
Ghoul 3    - 12
Ghoul 4    - 10


Z-Zer
G-Glum
C/g-Cat and garious if she is not riding him
T- Talis
R- tanRov
d- dog 1
w- wounded woman
$- scarecrow, moving
#- field
numbers- Ghouls
strike- paralyzed
_ - body


      #  #
   ###  #
        #
   ###  $
     #  #
     #  #
     #  #
     #  #
    #  #
    #24#
     #T #
     # 1#
     3GR#
     #wd#
      #ZC#
      #  #
      #  #
       #  #
       #  #
       #  #
       #  #




Everyone may Post;
<AND DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE AC AND HP(CURRENT/TOTAL)>

Tanrov
 player, 56 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 19:12
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Tanrov moves 5' and tries to hit ghoul3 but misses (4)1d20+4 = 8.

ac 18
hp 40

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:14, Tue 08 June 2010.

Talis Revain
 player, 204 posts
Tue 8 Jun 2010
at 21:59
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Drop the polearm, "*&%$ plants," activate shield ring (free), draw sword (move), adjust 5' to get flanking (is possible) and attack a ghoul (the most damaged one when my turn comes around).

13 to hit
11 damage

Glum
 player, 401 posts
 The world's least dour
 dwarf. Hence the name.
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 08:40
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Glum holds out his holy symbol to ghoul 3 and snarls, "Get thee hence abomination! The dead must STAY dead!"

ooc another turning attempt.
Catessa Fallowfield
 player, 310 posts
 Halfling Nature Priestess
 ...and Friend Garious
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 11:50
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Cat: AC 18 HP 24
Gar: AC 20 HP 30


Cat sighs, tired of these ambushes. At least they aren't orcs. She tosses a pebble at the nearest threatening ghoul 3?, wishing she had handed out more.

07:47, Today: Catessa Fallowfield rolled 15,12 using d20+6,2d6+2. attack, damage.
DM
 GM, 735 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2010
at 22:11
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
[Private to GM: Ghoul Fever = no one so far]
Round 1
Catessa Fallowfield  & Garious throws a stone and blows ghoul3 apart, 12 damage
You should be getting +9 to hit, +3base+3dex+1size+1racial+1magicstone
-4 for a ranged attack into melee = 14 to hit;
ghouls have a 14 ac


Tanrov/Garth strikes at ghoul1, hitting for 10 damage
You should be getting +10 to hit, +4base+4str+1mwweapon+1wffeat

Glum trys to turn, but in the excitement of the moment forgets he has used all his divine power for the day.  Nothing happens.

old woman, dog grabs the dog and cowers in fear, ready to run for her life.

Round 2
Zer-wedula pulls up his crossbow and fires, but misses.

Talis moves and flanks with Tanrov, which distracts ghoul1 just enough for a hit.

Ghoul2,4, both attack Talis, but are so inept that neither come close to hitting.  4 more ghouls come running around the corner, howling like banshees.

Tactical Situation
            dam      status
Ghoul 1    - 21      destroyed
Ghoul 2    - 0
Ghoul 3    - 24      destroyed
Ghoul 4    - 10
Ghoul 5    - 0
Ghoul 6    - 0
Ghoul 7    - 0
Ghoul 8    - 0

Z-Zer
G-Glum
C/g-Cat and garious if she is not riding him
T- Talis
R- tanRov
d- dog 1
w- wounded woman
$- scarecrow, moving
#- field
numbers- Ghouls
strike- paralyzed
_ - body


      #78#
   ###56#
        #
   ###  $
     #  #
     #  #
     #  #
     #  #
    #  #
    # 4#
     #2T#
     # _#
     #GR#
     #wd#
      #ZC#
      #  #
      #  #
       #  #
       #  #
       #  #
       #  #




Everyone may Post;
<AND DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE AC AND HP(CURRENT/TOTAL)>

Zer-wedula
 player, 315 posts
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 01:12
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
AC 11, 41 hp
21:10, Today: Zer-wedula rolled 3 using 1d20. crossbow into melee.


Zer-wedula fires wildly and misses.  "Talis, Tanrov," he says.  "if one of you wants, I can Enlarge you."
Glum
 player, 402 posts
 The world's least dour
 dwarf. Hence the name.
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 09:21
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Glum charged into combat and aimed a mighty blow at ghoul number 2... unfortunately, he's not as strong as he was.

10:19, Today: Glum rolled 0 using 1d8-2. Damage from kick.
10:19, Today: Glum rolled 18 using 1d20+6. Unarmed with charge.
Not sure whether this does bring his damage down to zero or not

Talis Revain
 player, 205 posts
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 18:40
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Talis says, "Fine, enlarge me now";

assuming ghoul2 "dies"
drop sword stylishly into ground (free)
deactivate shield (free)
pickup/draw polearm (move)
step back 5', if able
attack ghoul4 (standard)ready an attack vs the 1st ghoul (trip)
rolled a 2 to hit, miss

Aoo will be trip attacks

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:21, Sat 12 June 2010.

Catessa Fallowfield
 player, 311 posts
 Halfling Nature Priestess
 ...and Friend Garious
Thu 10 Jun 2010
at 21:44
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
Cat: AC 18 HP 24
Gar: AC 20 HP 30


This gets worse and worse with ever more ghouls. There should be a plan but ... there wasn't time. So, Cat tosses a pebble long @ghoul 4.

17:41, Today: Catessa Fallowfield rolled 19,11 using d20+6,2d6+2. attack, damage. I was trying to change the 6 to a 9.
Tanrov
 player, 57 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 19:18
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
With a flash of adult training, Tanrov analyzes the tactical situation and moves around Glum, into the field to engage Ghoul2.

To hit = 29
dam = 8
DM
 GM, 736 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2010
at 19:37
Re: 2.0 Murder in Sandpoint
I forgot that Talis said he was doing trip attacks and he had a readied action, updating this post to reflect this;
lum get's his 5 hps back


[Private to GM: Ghoul Fever = no one so far]
Round 2
Catessa Fallowfield  & Garious throws a stone and blows ghoul4 apart, 11 damage
nice luck on those damage rolls

Tanrov/Garth bulls into the field and attacks with his scimitar on ghoul2, 8 dam.

Glum moves forward and hits, but in his weakened state, does only 1 damage to ghoul2.
Minimum damage done is 1

old woman, dog move away 5' into the field.  The dog stays with the old woman.

Round 3
Zer-wedula pulls up his crossbow and fires, but misses.

Talis Prepares to engage the ghouls with his polearm, but with little chance of attacking now, he uses his action to move to in line with Tarov and Glum.

Ghoul2, attempts to grapple Talis (who is too close and can't take an Aoo), he manages to grab on, but Talis saves vs paralysis and manages to break free, otherwise acting as cover for the rest.

Ghoul5, charges Glum (Talis misses an Aoo because of the cover provided by ghoul2), but his readied action hits, he trips ghoul5, getting another attack, which hits for 7 damage
hitting for 5 damage with his bite.
Glum needs dc 12 For saves vs paralysis
[Private to GM: GLUM SAVES VS DISEASE]


Ghoul6, moves down(full move) and into the field.  Talis takes an Aoo, which misses completely.

Ghoul7, moves down(full move) and into the field in front of Tanrov.

Ghoul8, moves down(full move) in front of Glum.

Tactical Situation
            dam      status
Ghoul 1    - 21      destroyed
Ghoul 2    - 8
Ghoul 3    - 24      destroyed
Ghoul 4    - 21      destroyed
Ghoul 5    - 7
Ghoul 6    - 0
Ghoul 7    - 0
Ghoul 8    - 0

Z-Zer
G-Glum
C/g-Cat and garious if she is not riding him
T- Talis
R- tanRov
d- dog 1
w- wounded woman
$- scarecrow, moving
#- field
numbers- Ghouls
strike- paralyzed
brown- target on the ground
_ - body


      #  #
   ###  #
        #
   ###  $
     #  #
     #  #
     #  #
     #  #
    #  #
    # 5#
     7826
     RGT#
     #  #
    wd  #
      #ZC#
      #  #
      #  #
       #  #
       #  #
       #  #
       #  #




Everyone may Post;
<AND DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE AC AND HP(CURRENT/TOTAL)>

if you don't post your Ac/hp, when I roll to hit I will just guess, probably I will guess low...fair warning.
]

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:59, Sat 12 June 2010.