Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place.   Posted by Phlegyas.Group: 0
Phlegyas
 GM, 144 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Wed 14 Sep 2016
at 20:15
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
(I did promise a heavy-handed way to push you all together, right? Here it comes.)

It was a rainy autumn day.

Those suffering through the weather would find "rainy" a grave understatement. It felt more like the skies had decided to drown Earth in a deluge of muddy droplets. Visibility was down to a few feet, and thing weren't helped at all by the thick dark clouds above. So it was either getting soaked to the skin, or getting a bus ride.

So you all took a bus. It was marginally less wet in there than outside. The smell of unwashed bodies, mud and rain seemed like a small price to play once the umbrella-ripping wind started howling around the bus, filling the air outside with curses and various difficult to identify pieces of rain protection apparel.

So perhaps you should have stayed home, eh?

The bus rumbled along, the sound of rain on the metal roof almost deafening. Once you get used to the myriad distractions, you become aware of the others around you. The faint prickling in the back of your neck caused by other empowered persons, and perhaps you spied someone familiar in the crush of bodies and wet smells - at least until you were all half-thrown to one side, then the other side of the bus.

The driver's laughter was quite a bit louder than everything else.

Ahead, the underpass came closer at an alarming speed, made all the more frightening because visibility is only ten feet or so - and there shouldn't be any underpass on this side of Sloat Boulevard. Tires screeched, and the bus seemed to swerve, topple and...

There was a loud bang.

Silence.

You were sure you haven't lost your consciousness - but the bus was not moving, and it was pitch black outside, nothing at all visible. Everyone apart from you seemed to be sleeping statues. Only the driver moved, slowly, standing up, readying some sort of syringe with an absurdly long needle. Whatever was in the syringe illuminated the surroundings in a weak light.

The driver stabbed the needle into the chest of the nearest person; there was a soft, sucking noise, and the syringe glowed a tiny bit more brightly. Then the driver pulled the needle out and went on to his next victim.
Zoe
 player, 8 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 02:37
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
(assuming I can move)

Zoe flexes her toes subtly, seeing if she is able to move.  Feeling the muscles in her leg tense and her toes curl in her sneakers, she starts checking herself and those closest to her for injury.  However, she's too shaken up by the crash to make any clear judgement.  Then she notices the Driver with his syringe.  She takes a moment to gather herself.  Ok Z.  You can do... whatever it is you need to do here.  Then she slowly stands, trying to give the impression that she could be severely wounded. "Hey Mister... I don't think you sterilized that needle."

22:20, Today: Zoe rolled 4 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((8,10(+1),8,8)) Dex + Stealth.
22:22, Today: Zoe failed (no successes) using 3d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((3,6,3))Int + Medicine.
22:33, Today: Zoe rolled 2 successes using 3d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((8,6,9))Manip + Subterfuge.
Die roller is real hot and cold on me...

EDIT: silly me forgot to copy the roll names...

This message was last edited by the player at 12:00, Thu 15 Sept 2016.

Drachenstern
 player, 31 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 07:11
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
On the bright side (what tiny semblance of one could be found), she had been looking for trouble before finally deciding to take the bus home. Drachenstern opens her eyes with a wince, just in time to see the bus driver at work. She suppresses a gasp. What on earth...?

It must be noted that she did not board the bus in full Regalia. Drachenstern was wearing a white jacket with a fur trim, jeans, and a shirt with a logo depicting a clockwork robot, all lightly dampened.

Hearing the other girl confront the driver, Drachenstern springs to her feet. "And it appears you have something that isn't yours." She steps around the unconscious passengers and in front of Zoe. While she sensed the other girl might have power of her own, she wouldn't allow anyone to put themselves in danger if she had a choice. "Stay back," she muttered. "Try to get the emergency door open."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:12, Thu 15 Sept 2016.

Phlegyas
 GM, 147 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 07:24
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
The driver twitched nervously as the girl spoke. His eyes seemed inky black in the gloom - the only light in the bus coming from small ceiling lightbulbs. Zoe could see him more clearly now, the smoker's fingers, chipped fingernails, yellow uneven teeth.

"What? How?" It took him a few seconds to get his bearings. His voice was unnaturally loud in the confines of the bus. "Why are you moving? Why are you not asleep?" Panic filled his voice like a deluge, his eyes reclaiming their whites, their expression becoming wild. Thick beads of sweat dotted his forehead; his driver's uniform was crumpled and badly maintained.

"She didn't say this could happen! No. No. Calm down. It's only a hurt girl. You can take care of her. No! It's enough! I won't!"

He clutched his head, as if fighting off a migraine attack - but this lasted for only a second, before he looked back up at Zoe. His eyes were inky black again. Slowly, he lifted the syringe up, ready to stab it at the girl.

And then there was another girl, much more confident, confronting him. The expression on the driver's melted into a mask of rage as he roared a reply.

"Everyone has things that are not theirs! Go to sleep!" A brief wave of greenish miasma welled from his outstretched hand, washing over Zoe.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:43, Thu 15 Sept 2016.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 45 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 13:08
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Shira's head was still spinning from the crash, and the definitely sense of WRONG that was in the area. She tried to get herself together, but it was difficult. However, the sounds of confrontation gave her something to focus on. She forced her eyes open to see a wave being blasted at a young lady. Not one to let someone get away with such an act, she quietly got up and moved to clobber the bus driver.

09:06, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 4 successes using 10d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((6,1,7,5,8,7,10(+9),10(+5),3,5))

Str + Brawl + Specialty + Martial Arts Training

In our other game, we would typically remove unstated penalties from the end.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:51, Thu 15 Sept 2016.

Zelda
 player, 49 posts
 Mo' Dakka Mo' Problems
 The One Who Cares
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 15:44
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zelda Rosenthal's mind races as she tries to make sense of what's going on. Where are they, how did they get there, and how did a whole bus get there? What just happened to the other passengers? And the hell is going on with the driver? Whatever it is it's small-time or else Shira would have seen it coming. Shira who's already rushed in and started punching. Shirley seems to be all right too, as is some other girl somehow... Or at least she was fine before having magic shot at her.

...

Oh no he didn't.

Wasting no more time and knowing exactly what to do, Zelda grabs her own wrist.

"Blazing Thorn, set up!"

After transforming she stands from her chair, interposes herself between the driver and the other girls (excepting Shira), and then makes a point of visibly materializing her pistol and shield and dramatically aiming the former at him.

"Drop the needle and get on the ground. NOW."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
10:56, Today: Zelda rolled 3 successes using 8d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 8,8,2,7,3,4,10(+1),2.  Transformation (Belief + Inner Light).
15:45, Today: Zelda rolled 2 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 7,6,7,8,5,9.  Threaten the Driver (Presence + Intimidation) w/ Willpower and Practical Magic.
15:48, Today: Zelda failed (no successes) using 1d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 6.  Threaten the Driver (+Weapon Bonus).
15:52, Today: Zelda rolled 1 success using 2d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 8,3.  Threaten the Driver (+Perceived Weapon Bonus).


This message was last edited by the player at 14:10, Fri 16 Sept 2016.

Zoe
 player, 10 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Thu 15 Sep 2016
at 17:02
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
The miasma washes over Zoe, completely obscuring her from view.  A moment later, a ray of light pierces the cloud, then a second, then more and more until the smog burns away.  As Zoe comes back into view, she looks different.  She’s about 6 inches taller, broader of shoulder, and has considerably darker skin. Where before she was wearing a worn hoodie and torn jeans, there is now a suit of light armor and a small shield.

She glares at the driver. ”Is that all you got?”  Then she notices the multiple girls who had gotten in front of her.  ”Who are all you?  Wait, later. First,”  She stoops over and grabs a discarded umbrella, “We need to take care of this guy.”

08:01, Today: Zoe rolled 3 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s. Willpower.
12:03, Today: Zoe rolled 3 successes using 8d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s.  Transformation (belief plus inner light).
12:05, Today: Zoe rolled 4 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s.  Wits plus weaponry (always armed).

Drachenstern
 player, 33 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 01:16
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Overcome by a sudden dizziness, she staggers, catching herself against a pole. Clearly, the man wasn't willing to talk (except to himself). Drachenstern stands unsteadily, glancing at the girl who had just Transformed. At least she didn't have to worry about the other Noble's safety. Before she could act, her classmates appeared, also in Noble form. She winces as Shira attacks. There definitely wasn't going to be a peaceful resolution to this, not that she thought one was likely. A magic circle glows to life beside her.

White rose petals fill the air, coalescing around Drachenstern. They solidify to form her Regalia and sword. She glances briefly around the darkened bus before her regard settles on Zelda. Drachenstern intones in the Royal Tongue, "By my authority and Crown, I grant you this Radiant blessing. Go forth and seek victory. In the name of the Light, my will be done."

09:52, Today: Drachenstern failed (no successes) using 2d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s.  Willpower, needed two more dice.
09:51, Today: Drachenstern failed (no successes) using 1d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s.  Willpower.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:15, Fri 16 Sept 2016.

Phlegyas
 GM, 151 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Fri 16 Sep 2016
at 10:16
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
(OOC: well, y'all are using present tense, so I'll switch as well.)
Zelda's successes are almost enough to break the driver's will. However, the same thing won't work twice. Perhaps if she shoots him through the knee? >:)
I'll wait for Nina Washburn's actions before the driver does what he intends to.)


The bus driver doubles over, Shira's fist sending him stumbling backwards. A slow-motion shot might show the expression of utter surprise on his face, and the sound of the punch forcing the air out of his lungs in a pained wheeze. He trips and comes to rest leaning against one of the handrails at the front of the bus.

The syringe in his hand throbs with a dull light, a tiny droplet of pure radiance hanging on the needle's tip. It shivers slightly as a Princess transforms nearby, and brightens visibly.

Zelda's sharp rebuke, helped by the gun in her hand, make the driver twitch again. With supreme effort, he finally manages to take a breath, then coughs out a few droplets of blood while staring at the girls with wide open, inky black eyes.

"Stupid kids. As if your meddling serves any purpose."

Then Zoe transforms as well, her voice like summer lightning in the confines of the bus. And... she hefts an umbrella, making the driver quirk an eyebrow in surprise. Afer all, there's already a big, frightening gun pointed at him, so he really didn't expect an umbrella to enter the mix.

Drachenstern seems affected by the miasmatic technique the driver employed. The greenish vapors constrict around her like immaterial snakes, wrapping around her ankles and wrists, choking her... For a moment it looks as if she will succumb; but she manages to marshal her inner reserves. The sheer force of her will explodes the greenish vapor from her, allowing her to complete her transformation.

The driver stands, shakily. It's almost as if he has to fight with himself to do so.

"You are all very pretty. I wonder if you'll all still be as pretty after I'm done with you."

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:12, Fri 16 Sept 2016.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 53 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Sat 17 Sep 2016
at 01:57
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Shira assesses the situation and sees that despite getting a solid hit in, the man seems largely unphased. Not good. And also seeing that everyone else who was awake was transforming (including a girl she hadn't seen before), decides that given the situation, she should suit up as well. With that, she shoots her hand up momentarily and yells "Heart's Forge Transformation!" before bringing her wrist to her chest.

Her body glows before blue fire burns away from her chest, revealing a silver-haired young woman dressed in a frilly red gambesson and wearing a masquerade mask. However, the most notable thing (assuming you just got punched by the girl) are the decorated metallic gauntlets she is now wearing.

(OOC:

21:54, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 3 successes using 8d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 10(+5),7,4,7,7,9,8,2.  Transformation Roll.
21:41, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 12 using 1d10+5.  Initiative.)

This message was last edited by the player at 12:39, Thu 22 Sept 2016.

Nina Washburn
 player, 12 posts
 Courtless Seeker
 Hunter's Child on the Run
Sun 18 Sep 2016
at 09:33
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Nina gingerly raised a hand to the back of her head, rubbing at the probably forming bruise from when she had whacked her head when the bus had started rocking. Her head was still swimming, but she managed to mostly collect her thoughts when she saw a girl challenge the bus driver.

She must have hit her head harder than she thought, because Nina simply watched as the girl revealed herself to be a Princess, than was joined by several others. All she could do was stare at the driver, the laughter from earlier playing in her head.

Soon enough, however, she clears her head, refocusing as the driver speaks again. She grabs the cross around her neck and mutters a phrase.

"Lava quod est sordium."To everyone around, Nina's transformation was sudden. Everyone who saw her blinked. At that same moment, Nina feels the comfortable weight of her cloak settle on her shoulders. Crouched down, she removed a wide-brimmed hat from within the cloak and placed it on her head, before pulling out a Levinbolt-shotgun.

Course, if Nina had her way, no one would see the above. Even as she transformed she was hiding, moving to find some cover, or at least remain small and unnoticeable while she took aim.

(OOC: 04:09, Today: Nina Washburn rolled 2 successes using 8d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 7,6,6,4,5,6,8,8.  Transformation Roll.
04:28, Today: Nina Washburn rolled 1 success using 3d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling on 9 or more with rolls of 5,2,8.  Dexterity+Stealth Hiding.
)

Phlegyas
 GM, 156 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 12:00
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
To the psychoanalytically gifted, the driver is a stereotype of possession. Something - some malign entity from the Shadows, or even deeper than that - managed to coerce, cajole or simply buy the use of the driver's body. Taking into account the man's unwillingness to hurt the girls, and the continued attempts to wrest control of his body from the invader, he might simply have been forced into this situation. Imagining how he feels, his struggles to control his own body, his panic as the darkness grips onto him with its icy  talons and draws him ever deeper into the dark, slowly suffocating him...

Be it as it may, his body is not under his control now- and with control comes influence. With influence, dark magic seeps in from the outside. You can feel the creature that blackened the driver's eyes draw on Power; the air fills with the stench of ozone as it prepares to attack.

There is not much place for Nina to hide - the bus was crowded as the episode began, and all the others are blissfully unconscious and littering the seats and floors. There's just no chance her transformation will go unnoticed. The big hat and absurdly magical shotgun don't help either.

There is a thunderous sound of glass shattering, and the bus rocks from side to side. Everyone is showered with fragments of glass. Pseudopods of shadow ooze in through the shattered window, almost lazily. They each have half a dozen hungry red eyes and a gaping maw filled with silver teeth. There is one for each Princess.

(Wits or dex+athletics roll to avoid the flying glass, each success subtracts from a base of 4 damage; armor protects normally. The shadow pseudopods use dog stats, and take double damage from Light aspected attacks. They don't get to act this round. Gee, I'm too nice.)
Zoe
 player, 12 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Mon 19 Sep 2016
at 20:07
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zoe easily avoids the shards of glass, twisting away from the sharp edges with grace unexpected from someone wearing armor.  Instantly she reacts, swinging her umbrella into the mass of pseudopods, and catching the tip into... something. "What the hell are these things?"

15:04, Today: Zoe rolled 4 successes using 7d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((7,10(+8),5,10(+6),2,8,4)).
16:02, Today: Zoe failed (no successes) using 3d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((4,2,3)). Weaponry + Dex - Defence (7?) + spending Willpower.
15:40, Today: Zoe rolled 2 successes using 3d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((9,9,3)). Dogs only have 4 defense refund!

2 successes + 2 Damage rating (kensai: Improvised weaponry)= 4 damage

This message was last edited by the player at 19:44, Tue 20 Sept 2016.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 55 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 00:02
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Blazing Striker tries to dodge the shattering glass as best she could, but it was too much for her to dodge everything. She calls upon her magic to lessen the impacts.


(OOC:
19:52, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 1 success using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 10(+1),3,3,4,5.  Dodging Athletics + Dex.

Spend 1 Wisp to Invoke Fuoco and increase my Barrier Jacket by 2 points (-1 to initiative).
If I can't invoke reflexively, I spend 1 Wisp to use Holy Shield instead and downgrade the damage to Bashing)

This message was last edited by the player at 12:34, Tue 20 Sept 2016.

Nina Washburn
 player, 16 posts
 Courtless Seeker
 Hunter's Child on the Run
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 12:27
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Nina reflexively raised an arm as the glass rained down. She needn't have bothered, it certainly didn't stop the glass raining down on her. The magic she expelled worked a lot better anyways. Lowering her arm, Nina pumps a Levinbolt Round into the nearest Pseudopod as it oozes through the window. "Darkspawn, probably." She tells Zoe absentmindedly.
(OOC: 07:15, Today: Nina Washburn rolled 1 success using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s.  Wits+Athletics Dodge Roll. 2 Wisps spent to negate remaining damage after subtracting Successes and Armor.
07:21, Today: Nina Washburn rolled 2 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling on 9 or more.  Dexterity+Firearms Levinbolt Attack. Deals 5 points of damage, adding Levinbolt's damage rating.)

Zelda
 player, 63 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Tue 20 Sep 2016
at 14:51
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Having seen into their initial assailant's soul, Zelda doesn't hesitate before informing her comrades of her findings.

"The driver's possessed, go easy on him!"

Not a moment later than she says this, the windows explode. Zelda tries to duck under her shield but is a split second too slow and channels pure determination through her intangible armor instead. Looking around to assess the changing circumstances, she notices a familiar face wearing a very familiar hat.

Nina...?

Unfortunately she doesn't have time to comment out loud at this development as a group of Dark... somethings join the fray.

"Any day you want to finish casting, Drachen."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
09:40, Today: Zelda rolled 1 success using 7d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 10(+7),6,7,5,7,2,2.  Dexterity + Athletics vs. glass.

Invoking Barrier Jacket to soak the rest of the damage, Wisp cost TBD pending Fuoco ruling.

Holding action until Shirley's done her thing.


This message was last edited by the player at 14:54, Tue 20 Sept 2016.

Drachenstern
 player, 38 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 03:27
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
She had hoped as much. The driver seemed to be speaking with two voices, if not personalities. "Patience. I cannot hurry the Light any more than the dawn." Of course, it is at that moment a group of things choose to burst through the window. Drachenstern scrambles to evade them while maintaining focus on her spell.

The Heir's efforts are not quite enough. She receives a deep cut in her arm, and Zelda a mere trickle of energy. Her failure hurts more. With a scowl, she summons even more power. Her weapon flashes as she swings it wildly at an offending Darkspawn.

18:19, Yesterday: Drachenstern rolled 2 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 9,4,4,10(+7),7.  Weaponry + Strength + Specialty + Willpower - Defense (Reroll).
20:25, Today: Drachenstern rolled 1 success using 9d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s.  Weaponry + Strength + Specialty + Specchio.
02:15, Today: Drachenstern rolled 2 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s.  Dex + Athletics to dodge. Adding 1 Destiny die.
12:45, Today: Drachenstern rolled 1 success using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling on 9 or more.  Wits + Occult for Touch of Fortune. Royal Tongue applied.
14:11, Today: Drachenstern failed (no successes) using 3d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling on 9 or more.  Specchio applied to the Touch of Fortune roll.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:17, Fri 23 Sept 2016.

Zelda
 player, 67 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Wed 21 Sep 2016
at 16:02
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Upon receiving her teammate's power, Zelda replies in the Royal Tongue.

"In the name of the Light, I accept your blessing and swear to use it well."

The hero in white promptly aims her weapon at the nearest Darkspawn not already engaged with another Princess.

"Blazing Barrage!"

Upon pulling the trigger, an elaborate magic circle a few inches across forms at the tip of Zedla's pistol and nearly a dozen streaks of orange energy race out from it and riddle the monster with holes.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
11:00, Today: Zelda rolled 4 successes using 12d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 4,6,10(+7),4,6,2,2,4,10(+6),6,2,10(+9).  Levinbolt medium burst, damage bonus 4 with Fuoco. Call of Duty, regain Wisps equal to successes.

8 lethal damage total (or I guess 16 if by "Light aspected attack" you meant "Charm-based attack?"), and regain either 4 or 8 Wisps depending on ruling.


This message was last edited by the player at 18:14, Wed 21 Sept 2016.

Phlegyas
 GM, 166 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 22:47
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zoe dances elegantly between shards of glass, then stabs her umbrella in he best, most dignified ways she knows. Right through one of a dark thing's eyes. It gives off an unearthly shriek and retreats into the darkness.

Shira practically glows, expending her Light to ward off the impacts. Shards of glass make soft cracking sound as they break on her; for a moment she looks as if she's showering in a stream of glass fragments.

Nina contemptuously brushes the glass away, then explodes the Thing nearest to her with a well-placed round from her enchanted weapon.

Zelda's quick insight into the driver's troubles comes at an inopportune time, glass glying and everything filling with gnashing maws. But it's a clue as to how the girls might actually "win" here.

Drachenstern doesn't do nearly as well. Blood oozes from deep cuts on her upper arm, and the thing she bashes over the "head" just hisses and lunges at her, instead of being as cooperative as Nina's.

Zelda's voice banishes the darkness around her, and for a brief moment she stands proud and surrounded by a nimbus of light. The Thing targeting her blinks, surprised, then explodes into bits of shadow as her energy shot rips it apart.

The remaining Things lunge at Darchensetrn and Shira, their unearthly growls filling the confines of the bus with noise. Loud as they are, they still can't lay a fang on the two Princesses; the agile girls simply dance around and avoid injury without any difficulty. The one lunging at Drachenstern manages to collide with a handrail, and leaves a few bone-white teeth embedded in the metal. It looks stunned for the moment.

The driver, meanwhile, is locked in a monumental fight with himself. He clutches his own hands, thick beads of sweat rolling down his face, as he tries to keep his body from reaching under the seat and draw out a suspiciously bomb-like thing. The syringe with its Light-resonant contents discarded haphazardly on the dashboard.

"I... won't!" he growls.


characterdefensewoundsetc
Black Mawed Things4 bite 5 dice (+1L), tackle 5 dice; retreat on 3 damage, dispelled on 5
Possessed Bus Driver51armor 1; 7+ to stop himself, 10 to regain control
 
Zoe80 
Shira70armor 1
Nina30armor 1
Zelda70armor 1
Drachenstern52 

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:26, Mon 26 Sept 2016.

Zelda
 player, 77 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 23:25
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"It's okay, you don't have to."

Zelda looks at the driver mournfully as she points Blazing Thorn at his center of mass and charges another attack.

"Don't worry, this will only hurt for a second. Blazing Barrage."

As she pulls the trigger a volley of fire is released as before, only instead of penetrating the driver the way they did the Darkspawn the shots strike him and immediately dissipate. Yet at the same time Zelda pours even more of her roiling emotions into this attack than the previous one and even calls upon Drachenstern's blessing, the better to ensure she incapacitates the poor man in one burst.

...Or rather, the more reason to curse under her breath when he's still standing.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
18:23, Today: Zelda rolled 1 success using 15d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling on 9 or more with rolls of 7,4,4,4,5,2,9(+3),5,6,7,7,1,4,2,7.  Medium burst w/ Willpower and Touch of Fortune. Dealing bashing damage w/ +4 bonus.

...Woooooooow. :/


This message was last edited by the player at 01:57, Mon 26 Sept 2016.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 60 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 23:42
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Drachenstern!" Blazing Striker calls out when she sees her friend get slashed. However, her mind assesses the situation as it was unveiling and notices something rather important...

Seeing what the driver was reaching for, and taking advantage of the distraction that getting shot would involve, Blazing Striker yelled, "Oh no you don't. Warm Embrace!" and called upon her training, her force of will, and the blessings of her Queen to hold the driver in place. With the Queen's power guiding her, she manages to not only get a grip on the driver, she also manages to throw the two of them away from the syringe and the bomb-like object.

(OOC:
19:28, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 3 successes using 9d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((10(+8),6,5,2,9,5,6,3,1)).
With Fuoco's ability, I get an exceptional success on a 3 rather than a 5, so I can do a maneuver the moment I grapple him, which will be Going Prone. I try to do this in a way that tries to put us somewhat out of reach of the tentacles, or at least uses the seats as cover.
)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:45, Mon 26 Sept 2016.

Zoe
 player, 17 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Mon 26 Sep 2016
at 01:01
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
With two masses of Teeth and Tentacles gone, Zoe turns her attention to the two remaining.  Seeing one seemingly stunned, she lunges at the other one.

20:32, Today: Zoe rolled 1 success using 6d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 5,4,5,3,2,9.  Umbrella Attack!  Spending another Willpower.

1 Success+2 Weapon Rating= 3 Lethal

Drachenstern
 player, 42 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Mon 26 Sep 2016
at 16:25
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"I-I'm fine! Take care of the bomb if you can!" Though she doesn't look fine at all, Drachenstern ignores her wounds as she levels her sword at the stunned creature next to her. A golden light fills the interior of the bus. Energy roars forth from the weapon, colliding with her target. "Excalibur Stella!!!"

23:31, Today: Drachenstern rolled 7 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling on 8 or more with rolls of 9(+8,9,9,7),10(+4),7,8(+8,5),4.  Firearms + Dexterity + Specialty + Willpower + Autofire Medium - Defense, Destiny point applied.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:57, Wed 28 Sept 2016.

Phlegyas
 GM, 176 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Thu 29 Sep 2016
at 05:20
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Shira charges the driver; her gauntleted fists are fast as lightning as she grips the driver. A second later, both go down in a tangle of limbs. The girl is eerily adept at getting behind the man, her legs wrapping around him, his arms somehow twisted and flailing helplessly as they both topple to the floor of the bus. Once on the floor, she quickly overpowers the struggling man, the brief action looking like a spider overpowering a fly. If she so chooses, she could choke him into unconsciousness.

From the side, this looks disconcertingly sexual.

Then Drachenstern takes out one of the mawed things in a display of massive overkill. The Light from her weapon shines painfully bright in the moment. It illuminates the dark surroundings of the bus - a deserted street lined with half-collapsed buildings. Rusted cars are strewn all around. Nothing seems to stir, at least not during the brief, powerful flash of Light that allowed you this glimpse in the first place.

(waiting on Nina's action)
Nina Washburn
 player, 19 posts
 Courtless Seeker
 Hunter's Child on the Run
Mon 3 Oct 2016
at 21:41
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Nina paused for a second, staring at her shotgun in shock. She wasn't even trying to hit the Darkspawn, just scare it off!

Concluding that she won't get that lucky twice, Nina takes stock of the situation and sees the Driver let go of the Syringe, and then notices the apparent Bomb. She needed a closer look, that thing couldn't be ignored! Now she just needs a chance...

As soon as Shira takes-down the Driver, Nina starts moving. Only a quick shout gives any indication of what the Seeker is doing as she bolts for the syringe and package.

"Zelda, cover me!"
Phlegyas
 GM, 181 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 18:04
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Shira grapples with the driver, who is slightly singed and steaming from Zelda's shot. The man's body feels emaciated under her powerful hands. Almost as if he's been starved for months. His strength, however, feels more than a grown man should be able to have. Still, in the confines of the bus, with the pain of getting shot, hit, and twisted into a painful and unnatural shape, it's not nearly enough. For a moment or three he struggles, but the will to fight leaves him after he realizes the position is hopeless.

"Don't you understand? She'll die without the medicine! You have to let me bring it to her!"

Neck craned, eyes bulging, he stares at Nina as the girl collects the syringe.

It is a small, innocuous object. All shiny polished metal, with rings to hold the three fingers one would use the instrument with. it feels warm, almost alive; the Light from dozens of people squirms and writhes inside it.

The sheer disregard for life manifested in this object makes Nina feel sick.

"You have to! Or... She'll come and get it herself!" He struggles against Shira, again, the darkness that was briefly banished by Drachenstern's overflowing Light oozes back onto the whites of his eyes.

"Quickly! The bomb! The bomb!" An impossible urgency floods his shrill voice. His body starts growing, somehow, odd lumps and spikes slowly pushing through the uniform...
Shira Rosenberg
 player, 70 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 22:07
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Blazing Striker still holds the man in place, but is getting increasingly uncomfortable with his new features. Still, he seems to be giving useful information.

"Girls... he's growing things... I kinda wanna knock him out..." Blazing Striker said, preparing to choke him unconscious, but holding back momentarily just in case they could get a few more words of use out of him.
Zelda
 player, 95 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 23:27
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zelda pauses for a moment. Where had she heard this before? A dream? It feels like that but she can't quite remember...

Shira's announcement snaps her back to the present.

"Way ahead of you."

Holding Blazing Thorn as steady as she can, Zelda lines up a shot and pulls the trigger, then scowls to herself as the streak of orange light skims the driver and strikes the floor behind him.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
18:21, Today: Zelda failed (no successes) using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 4,6,1,7.  Levinbolt w/ penalties (-2 prone, -4 grappling), apply Fuoco (total +4 damage).

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 71 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Wed 5 Oct 2016
at 00:06
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Holy shit!" Blazing Striker yelled when Red Hot Rose tried to shoot the man. Even with the knowledge that the weapon couldn't actually cause too much permanent harm, she flinched, which, with the man's own struggling caused the shot to miss.

Deciding she would try things her own way. "Listen buddy, we might be able to help, but only if you start making sense. Stop doing this and we might be able to work something out, but we're not going to let you hurt all these people, just for the sake of one girl..." Blazing Striker wonders why she thinks there's a girl involved, but pushes it out of her mind for now, "So, why don't you stop transforming and maybe we can work something out. Or we could beat you senseless." she twisted the man's arm for emphasis.

OOC:
Invoking Terra to try and resolve this without the need to beat the man unconscious. Using Physical Intimidation Specialty, which also applies my Strength instead of Presence.
20:04, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 1 success using 8d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 4,6,10(+1),3,1,1,2,3.  Using Stare Master Favor to reroll.
Invoking Terra for free since I'm trying to get the guy to stop fighting.
Get the same result.
07:10, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 4 successes using 9d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((4,1,8,9,10(+8),2,7,4,1)).
He resists with a Str+Brawl. I'm using a Hold maneuver.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:12, Wed 05 Oct 2016.

Zoe
 player, 22 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 23:29
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Seeing that her new allies seem to have things covered with the driver and bomb, Zoe puts herself between the bleeding girl and the last mass of tentacles flailing through the window.  Then, briefly putting her back to the monster, she turns to Drachenstern, and placing her hand to her chest she says "From heart to health!" Her hand begins to glow, and she reaches out to touch the wounded girl.


19:24, Today: Zoe rolled 2 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((6,9,9,3,2)). Balm Roll.

2 lethal healing for you!

Drachenstern
 player, 53 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 05:26
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Her dress is still soaked with blood, but her breathing eases. "Thank you," Drachenstern whispers as she stands up straight. She takes a deep breath and walks over to the side of the prone driver. "Please. Allow me." If any Noble had to perform a deed so ruthless, it should be her. Her sword glows once more, a pale reflection of its earlier power, but potent nonetheless. "Forgive me. We will get you the help you need as soon as possible."

14:50, Today: Drachenstern rolled 3 successes using 9d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 6,2,7,9,7,9,10(+4),7,3.  Weaponry + Strength + Specialty + Willpower. 4 bashing damage, or 7 if Specchio applies.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:51, Tue 11 Oct 2016.

Nina Washburn
 player, 21 posts
 Courtless Seeker
 Hunter's Child on the Run
Fri 14 Oct 2016
at 15:11
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Nina looked at the needle in her hand, a rage growing in her. As her grip tightened on her levinbolt, the thought of shooting him entered her mind. Not to kill, of course, but her stun rounds would easily knock him out, and frankly, it wasn't like he didn't deserve-

"Calm down. This isn't you. Focus on the bomb." Tearing her eyes from the man, she shoved the needle into one of her pockets and crouched to get under the bus seat. Not touching the package yet, she inspects it, trying to decipher whether or not it's armed.

As she does, she can't help but think about the man. He was apparently possessed, which ironically offered some hope for the man, but there was still the issue of who was the culprit. She couldn't think of any immaterial darkspawn (thank god), but why would a ghost or spirit have interest in material hop-

No. Wait. She knew one group.

'It can't be them... They can't be here already... She can't be here...'

11:10, Today: Nina Washburn rolled 2 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 6,8,2,2,8.  Int+Science+Acqua, Bomb Check.
11:10, Today: Nina Washburn rolled 1 success using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 2,7,10(+3),2,7.  Int+Occult.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:12, Fri 14 Oct 2016.

Phlegyas
 GM, 197 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 13:22
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
The shots from Zelda's gleaming silver pistol scorch the bus where they hit. More light strobes out of the bus' windows, illuminating the silent, still facades of ruined buildings. Empty windows stare down at the girls ant their struggle with marked disinterest.

Zoe takes care of Drachenstern's wound. A flash of Light - the syringe in Nina's hand throbs, drawn ever so slightly towards the Light, the polished thing seemingly hungry. It's like touching a snake.

Drachenstern steps forward, and swings her sword down at the driver in a shower of sparks. She connects solidly with the man's forehead, the blade illuminating the rage on his face.

Shoving the syringe with needle in her pocket might not be the brightest idea, considering how the thing behaves. The bomb itself looks just like the ones she saw in cartoons. It's a brick of greyish stuff the size of a shoebox, with a small unit stabbed into it. It looks like a pocket calculator - the old, clunky sort. Numeric keys, a big red button, and several other function keys stand out. The number "02:00" flashes in big, friendly, red letters on the screen.

As Shira tries to talk the man into submission, his eyes go glassy, then fill with black... then with the colour of rust. Shira can feel the bumps and lumps under his skin grow, become pointy and grow. There was a trickle of blood, then an explosion, as jagged rusty metal bursts from within the driver, ripping through his clothes. Uneven and sharp edges tear the man apart from the inside, splashing blood around, and Shira just about narrowly misses being impaled on this or that piece of dripping metal. Perhaps letting go of him is a good idea.

The driver's scream is endless.


Hmmm. Well, the book doesn't cover this kind of situation. So I'll just let the thing use half it's roll against Shira, since there's no way to avoid them, and she's still trying to grapple with him. (1,2,3,7,3) wheee.

characterdefensewoundsetc
Possessed Bus Driver71armor 3. Spikes 10 dice 1L
 
Zoe80 
Shira70armor 1
Nina30armor 1
Zelda70armor 1
Drachenstern50 

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:22, Tue 18 Oct 2016.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 80 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 13:44
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Blazing Striker realizes that her tactics are not working, so she tries the simple approach.

"BURNING FIST!" she cries as she breaks off the grapple and shoves the man with her gauntlets as hard as she can to put as much distance between them.

OOC: 09:37, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 3 successes using 12d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 6,2,6,2,2,6,5,5,5,10(+10,5),6,8.  Str+Brawl+WP Grapple. Fuoco Invoked.

Fuoco invocation makes this an Exceptional Success on a 3, so my Maneuvers are Damage and Break Free. I deal 3 Bashing damage, 5 if I get my Gauntlets, 7 if I get Kensai Invocation as well.

Considering I'm trying to beat this guy down, I'm invoking Fuoco for free.

Anyone who wants to take one last shot at the guy while he's still Held and thus lacks a Defence, feel free.
.
Zoe
 player, 28 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 17:21
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Puta Madre!" Zoe swears as the driver erupts in metal and blood.  "Enough of this shit." Zoe hops forward, flipping her grip on her umbrella and swinging it golf style under the Driver's chin.


13:14, Today: Zoe rolled 3 successes using 7d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 8,2,1,5,3,8,8. Dex + Weaponry + Imp.Weap. Spec.

3 successes + 2 damage rating + 1 invocing Fuoco (fo' free!)= 6 damage

Zelda
 player, 114 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 21:48
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zelda watches the driver's mutation apprehensively. Things were starting to go downhill fast.

"Um, I don't think this is working. How do we get that thing out of him?"


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Actions TBD pending dialogue response(s).

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 81 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 23:50
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"I was thinking violence." Blazing Striker said while on the ground.
Zelda
 player, 115 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Wed 19 Oct 2016
at 01:38
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"What do think we've been doing? I'd like something that will stop the spiky freakout, thank you very much."
Phlegyas
 GM, 199 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 06:21
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Shira's forceful push sends the former driver tumbling through the bus; Zoe's attack was icing on the cake, catching the thing just as it reared up its head.

Right on the chin.

A burst of light emanates from the point of impact. *POW* and whatever you are facing is tumbling over the driver seat, and into the windshield. All those metallic things jutting messily out of the driver are quite able to cut glass, and the windshield gives, letting the thing tumble down the front of the bus and land in an undignified heap, smoking faintly.

Everything is extremely silent.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:34, Thu 20 Oct 2016.

Zelda
 player, 117 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 07:56
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zelda's attention is jerked back to the immediate action by the shattering window.

"Or... We got him? Did we get him?"
Shira Rosenberg
 player, 83 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 02:06
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Red Hot Rose, you wanna check up on him? Um... girl with the umbrella, I don't think I got your name, probably want to make sure he's okay too? The rest of us are on bomb duty." Blazing Striker said, trying to get the most pressing matter dealt with.
Zelda
 player, 119 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 04:47
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"You mean outside? In what I'm pretty sure is the Dark World? Sure, why not. And once again just 'Rose' is fine."

Even if Shira meant to look out the window, she won't have much time to say so as Zelda hops over her and jogs out the door and towards the front of the bus, weapon and shield at the ready. is stopped by Shirley.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
If you could let me know what Zelda sees (or if not enough light is escaping from the bus to see anything by) sooner rather than later I still have my instant action left.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:42, Sat 22 Oct 2016.

Drachenstern
 player, 60 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 05:28
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Drachenstern follows in a hurry, grabbing her by the shoulder. "Wait!" She speaks in a whisper. "I just remembered. The driver's-" she shudders "-condition is likely being caused by a type of Dark parasite that preys on people in a fragile mental state. Unfortunately, this isn't going to end with him." Not that the end of this ordeal was anywhere in sight.

"Such a parasite must be implanted by someone who knows a certain ritual." She feels nauseous just imagining it. "There should be a scar left over from where it was placed in his body."
Zelda
 player, 122 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Sat 22 Oct 2016
at 18:44
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zelda's eyes glaze over at that last part.

"Ugh, please don't tell me we have to physically cut it out."
Zoe
 player, 29 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Sun 23 Oct 2016
at 19:11
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zoe peers out of the broken windshield at the crumpled body of the driver, while pulling a scalpel out of her pouch.  "Surgery I can do.  Exorcism, I'm not so sure."
Shira Rosenberg
 player, 84 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Sun 23 Oct 2016
at 19:20
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Blazing Striker gets up and goes over to her bag.

"Inari, you awake in there?" she asks.
Zelda
 player, 124 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 00:44
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Either way we'd better make sure he stays down long enough first."

With that Zelda exits the bus and prepares for the worst.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Now's the part where you tell me what Zelda sees so I can decide what to do with my instant action.

Zoe
 player, 30 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Mon 24 Oct 2016
at 01:25
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Agreed."  Zoe stows the surgical tool, and follows, keeping her eye on the driver, and not keeping an eye out for new threats.


21:23, Today: Zoe failed (no successes) using 7d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 6,4,1,7,2,1,6.  Wits + Composure + Danger Sense.

Phlegyas
 GM, 205 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Tue 25 Oct 2016
at 10:27
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
The fox plushie shakes its head, the voice it produces quite a bit quieter than usual. The way it holds itself and refuses to jump out of the bag could make one suspect that it's afraid.

"Ssshhh. You're all too loud. Don't you know sound carries far here?" it's ears twitch, and it seems as if the plushie is sniffing the air. "If we're lucky, we can find a way back before long, or at least before the other passengers in the bus wake up. Really, ignorance is bliss."

As if to punctuate Inari's words, one of the sleeping passengers rolled over and started snoring.

Outside, the bus rests diagonally on a broad street. Illuminated by the steadily weakening glare of its headlights is the knocked-out driver, with the wetly glistening metal spikes and blades jutting out from him at odd angles. Once closer, you can see that the metal is mainly jutting from the left side of his torso. His uniform shirt has been ripped apart, showing an intricate scar stretching from the left side of his neck down to the messy wounds a few spike-like metal pieces tore as they punched out between his ribs. Blood oozes slowly out of the wound, propelled by the last heartbeats of a torn heart.

The metal things twitch, as does the corpse. A sound a spider would make in your nightmares emanates from them, grating and disturbingly metallic. It suddenly reminds you of a metallic insect, trapped in a corpse... and there are sounds of chewing and bones breaking as it struggles to free itself.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:50, Tue 25 Oct 2016.

Nina Washburn
 player, 23 posts
 Courtless Seeker
 Hunter's Child on the Run
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 12:31
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Nina still didn't trust the bomb, despite it seemingly not being armed. With that in mind, she took her time, cautiously tapping a few keys and wiping away the flashing number, before gingerly picking up the thing and placing it into her bag. As she did, she also studied it for signs of dark taint. Can never be too careful...

She kept one ear tuned to the conversation behind her as she worked, enough to get the gist of the conversation. A small string of annoyance ran through when one of the other girls described the dark spawn that Nina had apparently never heard of, but she'd also admit relief that Alhambra hadn't gotten here already.

Bomb finally dealt with, Nina looked behind her to see the others step outside the bus, and followed along behind (After letting the Champions go first).

"I can help cut the thing out." Her whisper seemed impossibly loud in the silence. "Also good with exorcisms, if that'll help."
Phlegyas
 GM, 209 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 13:26
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
The explosive device is comfortably heavy in Nina's bag. Dormant... sleeping. Or at least it would seem so.


The shadow of a wind makes Nina's uniform rustle.
Zelda
 player, 130 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 18:29
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
As Zelda looks upon the gruesome scene before her, it suddenly all comes back to her. She'd dreamt about this very man just the past night. He was a victim, preyed upon by the Darkness in his most vulnerable moment. He had to be saved.

Reaching into the driver's heart, Zelda finds the still-sputtering spark of Light within his soul and draws strength from it.

"Don't worry, we will save you."

Her previous expression of increasing worry replaced with one of fearsome resolve and determination, Zelda raises her right hand into the air, her pistol dissolving into light and being replaced with a first-aid kit.

"I'll do it. You just make sure he lives through this. And someone hand us that syringe, I think using it on the parasite will buy us time."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
13:27, Today: Zelda rolled 2 successes using 9d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 4,1,4,5,7,7,10(+1),9,4.  Love Conquers All w/ Fuoco, Blessing Dexterity + Medicine.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 85 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 19:56
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"All right then. Can you give any recommendations?" Blazing Striker asked her familiar. She then added, "We've got a bomb on hand, a syringe that can draw Light out of people, and a mad bus driver that's possessed and probably sold out to the Darkness." She herself tried to think of any possible ideas on what to do given their current situation.

OOC:
15:53, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 2 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 1,8,8,2.  Wits/Int + Occult.

Zoe
 player, 32 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Wed 26 Oct 2016
at 23:53
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zoe nods, responding to the other Noble's confidence. "I'll do what I can."  She cautiously approaches the crumpled body, trying to see exactly how screwed this guy is.

19:53, Today: Zoe rolled 4 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s.  Int + Medicine + First Aid to diagnose.

Forgot to check record each, but up on top it says 4,9,4,6,9,10(+10,1)

This message was last edited by the player at 23:54, Wed 26 Oct 2016.

Phlegyas
 GM, 213 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 01:17
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
As the two surgeons inch closer, the driver's body moves from side to side. Apparently the parasite is gnawing its way out, the three feet long metallic limbs wiggling and feeling around rather aimlessly at the moment, their movement moving the driver's body in an unnatural way. From close up, the girls can see the spots where the finger-thin metallic limbs jut out from the left side of the driver's chest. Blood pumps out around the spidery limbs and pools beneath the man. There is bloody foam on the man's nose and lips.

He looks quite screwed.

Inari's eyes narrow. "Recommendation? Just kill the thing and find us a way back. There's no telling how soon we might be attacked. Staying here is dangerous even if nothing seems to happen..." The plushie peeks out for a second, very carefully, then retreats back into comparative safety of the bag. "I feel the chill of the Darkness sapping at my strength already. Do hurry up. I have a bad feeling. Hmm. How did the driver manage to get the whole bus here? Wasn't there some sort of explosion as the bus went into the Dark?"
Drachenstern
 player, 63 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 01:56
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Drachenstern is thankful the other Nobles aren't watching as she fights down a horrified scream. No. No. Not now. Not ever. Certainly not when lives were at stake. Drachenstern hurries over to her friends, sword raised protectively. "I am at your side," she says to Rose. She places a hand on the other Princess' shoulder, willing magic into the gesture.

16:20, Today: Drachenstern failed (no successes) using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 3,3,6,7,6.  Touch of Fortune, Wits + Occult.
17:09, Today: Drachenstern rolled 2 successes using 3d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((7,6,10(+9))).

This message was last edited by the player at 02:37, Thu 27 Oct 2016.

Nina Washburn
 player, 26 posts
 Courtless Seeker
 Hunter's Child on the Run
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 02:51
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Nina stuck her hand into her pocket, gripped the syringe, and froze. For a just a second, she thought of the people inside, who may very well need to, and all the things they don't know about this magic-

And then the man started coughing up blood. Shoving those thoughts aside, she jogs up to Zoe and hands her the syringe. "Use it wisely, okay?"

Feeling a brief sense of relief as the dark creation leaves her hands, she turns around and points at Shira's bag containing Inari.

"Hey, bunny-cat, I have something that might help us out."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:29, Thu 27 Oct 2016.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 86 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 04:29
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"I heard a loud bang, but that could be a number of sounds. Explosion, gunshot, engine backfire, crash... I was kinda disoriented by whatever happened."

Blazing Striker gets up to check on the person who was stabbed. In all the commotion, she never even got a good look at them.

She also called out as quietly as she could but loud enough so Red Hot Rose could hear her, "Hey Rose, when you get the chance, shoot the parasite." Blazing Striker said, "Inari's recommendation."

Meanwhile, Inari, who both as a fox and an avid consumer of internet culture among other things, shoots Nina a glare at being called "bunny-cat".

OOC:
00:17, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 3 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((8,1,7,10(+8),3)). Wits+Medicine+First Aid Diagnosis.


Zelda
 player, 135 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Thu 27 Oct 2016
at 15:27
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Gee, I never would have guessed."

Zelda dismisses her shield, opens her first aid kit on the ground, and starts putting on a pair of sterile gloves before addressing Zoe.

"On the count of three stick some of that in him. One... Two... THREE."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:23, Fri 28 Oct 2016.

Zoe
 player, 34 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Fri 28 Oct 2016
at 20:58
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
After a half second hesitation, Zoe pokes the beast with the syringe, trying to squeeze only the smallest bit out.  "I hope this works!"

Do I need to roll anything for this?  Weaponry?  Medicine?
Phlegyas
 GM, 217 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Mon 31 Oct 2016
at 18:17
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place


The plushie sticks its head out of the bag, and tilts its head a little. Its beady eyes catch what little light there is (headlights and interior illumination in the bus). "First, I am not a bunny, and certainly not a cat. Foxes are most closely relate to dogs, so if you must, you can call me a ... puppy. And rub my tummy. I like tummy rubs." It coughs into its hand, slightly ashamed of this digression. "So, whatcha got, buster?"

The syringe is now in Zoe's hand. The metallic thing twists ever so slightly, as if trying to stab the hand holding it. Echoes of anguish and pain become audible and palpable, the Light drawn from so many people held in there by black bands of magic. Her fingers trace over a sigil on the syringe - a circular wave.

She squeezes out a little bit out of it. The droplet shines brightly, illuminating the immediate vicinity of the Darkness far better than mere bus headlights can.

The droplet divorces itself from the needle tip, and falls slowly towards the metallic legs jutting from the driver.

Hundreds of faint red eyes open, behind broken windows, beneath rusted cars, far down the street. Hungry eyes. Watching the descending droplet of pure Light.

Or is it only your imagination?

In the bus, Inari's ears perk. "Shitshitshitshitshit!"

The spidery limbs soak up the droplet, and the thing stops struggling to savor the taste of souls you condemned.

(Let's have that Int+Medicine roll now. fail=driver dies messily, Thing still in him. 1-2 successes= Thing out, driver dies. 3-4 successes= Thing out, driver has 50% to survive. 5+ successes=Thing out, driver survives.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:17, Mon 31 Oct 2016.

Zelda
 player, 142 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Tue 1 Nov 2016
at 21:41
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Having finished putting her gloves on, Zelda silently gets to work the moment she sees the squirming stop. Her scalpel glowing a brilliant orange as it passes through the driver like hot butter, she rapidly makes a series of deep yet perfectly smooth cuts, lifts the flesh away to expose the temporarily-docile thing, nonchalantly lifts it out and sets it as far away from her patient as she can without getting up off her knees, (does various internal manipulations?,) and places everything back where it should go. The entire process takes less than half a minute, at which point she returns her knife to her kit and turns her head very slightly toward Zoe.

"Magic. Now."

Should anyone bother to look at Zelda closely enough, they'll notice a single bead of sweat near the edge of her hairline.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:43, Tue 01 Nov 2016.

Nina Washburn
 player, 28 posts
 Courtless Seeker
 Hunter's Child on the Run
Wed 2 Nov 2016
at 15:14
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Nina appears utterly calm as the red eyes briefly appear, although her pace does quicken slightly. Ignoring Inari's brief glare, she produces the bomb from her bag.

"The bomb from earlier keeps talking to me. I think its some sort of dark magic. Most of what it says is drivel, but it mentioned that it could make 'A opening in the Darkness' its words, not mine." Nina places on emphasis on both the quote as well as the word 'drivel'. "While I don't trust it, its all we have to go on, so I'd thought I'd get a second opinion."

Holding it out for Inari, to inspect, she looked it over herself, trying to divine some of its inner workings as well.

11:13, Today: Nina Washburn rolled 2 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling on 9 or more with rolls of 2,8,8,5,1.  Int+Occult Magic Bomb Inspection.
Zoe
 player, 36 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Thu 3 Nov 2016
at 16:57
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zoe nods, trying to put the reality of what she just did from her mind. This man can still be saved.  She Drops to her knees, and brings out a bit of her light, healing him.

12:54, Today: Zoe rolled 2 successes using 8d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s ((2,10(+2),1,5,1,5,9,4)).  Balm roll with Willpower.

EDIT: 14:25, Today: Zoe rolled 1 success using 3d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 7,10(+7),4.  Balm corrective roll.


23 Lethal healed.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:26, Thu 03 Nov 2016.

Zelda
 player, 151 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Tue 8 Nov 2016
at 18:29
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
After confirming that the driver is stable, Zelda's gloves and other medical equipment turn to light and burn away. Summoning her pistol back to her hand, she extends it toward the exposed Darkspawn and unceremoniously holds down the trigger.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
12:28, Today: Zelda rolled 4 successes using 12d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 1,7,9,8,5,9,7,5,3,9,2,4.  Levinbolt medium burst, ([Successes] + 4) lethal damage.

Phlegyas
 GM, 225 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 00:56
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Thirty seconds later, the operation was complete. The heart-size spider thing and its foot-long metallic legs move drowsily where they were discarded, a few feet to one side. A warm blast of Light envelops the driver as Zoe restores him, her awesome magical power re-kniting his flesh into something more in line with a living person. The bleeding has stopped, but there's still a mostly open wound in his left chest. He lets out a soft groan. Doubtlessly he'll be overjoyed that he's still among the living. And he'll be forever indebted to you... yeah, right.

But you all expected that, right? Just like you expected more and more red eyes to open in the shadows, peering at you from afar, their number growing by the second. The grave-like stillness enveloping you gets even more oppressive. Ordinary animals might make growling sounds to intimidate their prey; these inhabitants of the Dark spread pure silence instead.


Meanwhile, Shira checks on the woman who was stabbed with the syringe. There's a barely visible stab wound in the center of her chest. No blood. Nothing seems to be missing. The woman stirs in her sleep, some kind of nightmare not letting her simply drift off into deeper dreaming.

Inari stops cussing long enough to take a look at the bomb.

The bomb stares back at the plushie, LED lights making a frowny face on its status panel.

After a moment's battle (plushie vs. bomb, how thrilling!), Inari chuckles. "Yo, girls, if anyone has a bright idea now would be the time! Dying a virgin means you lived wrong, you understand?

BLAM! The Levinbolt cuts into the spider-thing with the force of a dozen suns. There's a pained shriek, and the burnt spider-thing bounces and skids off into the darkness, burning and shrieking. There's time to squeeze off a couple more shots at it, if the heroines wish.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:44, Thu 10 Nov 2016.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 93 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 05:11
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Blazing Striker was concerned for the woman, but she seemed to be in good enough shape that making sure she doesn't get eaten by monsters would be the most pressing to do in this triage situation.

"I'm going to get the driver. If no one has a better idea by the time I get him back inside, I'm going to er..." the emoting bomb gave her pause, and improvised with the incredible mental prowess that typically got her Cs at school, "owthray ethay ombbay atay ethay onstersmay."

She ran to the exit where their bus driver was unconscious on the ground. "I realize that this is probably not going to do this guy any favours, but we really need to get him inside now. Slap something on him to stem any bleeding and let me grab him." Once the others did what they needed to do, she picked him up and slung him over her shoulders to carry him in a fireman's carry, and brought him inside.
Zelda
 player, 155 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Thu 10 Nov 2016
at 17:01
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zelda watches with contempt as the thwarted monster attempts to flee and continues to track it with a hail of magical projectiles. There's no way she's letting it get away, not after what it did and could do again.

As Shira comes to take the driver, Zelda replies without taking her eyes off her target.

"Wake him up while you're at it, he might know how to get everyone out of here."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
10:58, Today: Zelda rolled 2 successes using 12d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 1,1,2,3,5,3,10(+3),8,3,1,3,5.  Levinbolt medium burst, ([Successes] + 4) lethal damage.

10:58, Today: Zelda rolled 5 successes using 12d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 3,5,8,8,8,9,4,1,3,3,4,10(+6).  Levinbolt medium burst, ([Successes] + 4) lethal damage.

So yeah, that makes (23 – 3*[Armor]) damage total, no way it's still alive.


Shira Rosenberg
 player, 95 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Sat 12 Nov 2016
at 19:01
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Alright." Blazing Striker said as she dragged the man inside, "Um... is the bomb aware or something? I saw it make a face." she asked Inari and Nina.

"Hey, wake up!"

OOC:
14:00, Today: Shira Rosenberg rolled 2 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 9,1,6,8.  Medicine to try and wake up.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Sat 12 Nov 2016.

Zoe
 player, 39 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 20:57
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zoe gives Blazing Striker a helping hand as she brings the driver back inside.  "Here, let me help."  The Driver dangling between them, she digs with a free hand into her pouch for some smelling salts, waving them under the driver's face.

15:56, Today: Zoe rolled 2 successes using 8d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 5,2,8,1,4,6,8,1. Dex + Medicine + med kit.
Phlegyas
 GM, 229 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Mon 21 Nov 2016
at 00:30
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
The driver seems light as a feather in Shira's hands as she carries him back into the bus. All the blood didn't seem to bother her at all. And it's not like her clothes will stain from it, right? She puts him into the first best place in the bus she can think of, and that is the front row of seats, right next to the entrance.

The driver stammers something unintelligible, caught in the midst of multiple nightmares. Perhaps waking up is not the safest thing to do. But it's not like his rescuer gives him a choice. Shira recalls the painful stimulus axiom from her first aid lesson - and promptly rubs her knuckles against the poor driver's sternum, which produces considerable pain, and in turn elicits a pained yelp from him. Oh, he's awake too, his eyes wide and bewildered. Zoe's smelling salts prove to be totally redundant.

"Fuck! What are you doing? Who ripped me open? And..." the man looks around at all the unconscious people in the bus, then the distinct blackness outside, and... the animate plushie flipping a bird. "...dafuck. I need to stop drinking that crap." He shakes his head, as if that will help him regain his senses.

...no. The plushie is still making obscene gestures. Isn't that particular gesture used only in New Zealand? At least his side seems to only mildly ooze blood. However, he's at a loss to explain how exactly he got here. The man fixes his gaze on the two princesses tending to him, searching for something in their eyes... and not finding it. He seems to sigh in relief.

Outside, the smoking remains of the spider-thing twitch a bit before melting into unidentifiable black goo.

Nina seems to pale and freeze up as she peers into the darkness, far ahead.
Shira Rosenberg
 player, 97 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Mon 21 Nov 2016
at 01:35
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Sir, I need you to focus. What do you remember of the last few hours?" Blazing Striker was going to ease him into the whole "you had some monster inside you, possibly controlling you and now we're in some dank dimension surrounded by monsters".
Nina Washburn
 player, 31 posts
 Courtless Seeker
 Hunter's Child on the Run
Mon 21 Nov 2016
at 13:33
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Soon Nina snaps out of her funk, tearing her gaze away from... whatever she saw. "Seems like it." She mutters in Shira's direction, before turning towards Inari. Briefly double-taking at the sight of a plushie doing obscene finger gestures, she swiftly recomposes, then starts talking. "Alright, what do you got for me? Look familiar at all??"

As she talks, she can't help but turn the bomb she's referring to over in her hands, studying it with an annoyed expression on her face.

Nina Washburn rolled 2 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling on 9 or more ((10(+3),1,2,8,7)).
Drachenstern
 player, 67 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Thu 24 Nov 2016
at 06:01
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Back to the bus," Drachenstern whispers to the other Nobles. "It's as safe a place as any to hold out until we have a way out of here."
Zelda
 player, 161 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Thu 24 Nov 2016
at 09:21
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Good plan."

Zelda moves briskly back into the shelter of the bus and decides to step in when she sees that the driver is awake. Not that she doesn't trust Shira, but... In her experience the other Adventurer's bedside manner leaves much to be desired.

Kneeling beside the driver, Zelda cups her hands around one of his and looks him warmly in the eyes.

"Hi, I'm Rose. It's okay, we're here to help."


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
03:19, Today: Zelda rolled 4 successes using 6d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 9,9,5,6,8,8.  Presence + Empathy to calm the driver and make him feel safe so he's more ready to talk.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 100 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 15:08
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Blazing Striker moved aside to let Rose do her work and moved to where she felt she could do the most work as a protector.
Zoe
 player, 40 posts
 Healer from the Streets
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 21:25
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Now that the obvious things to do had been done, Zoe looks around, unsure of herself.  "So... I'm a bit new to this." She says to Blazing Striker. "How do we get home?"
Shira Rosenberg
 player, 102 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 19:30
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"I'm not really sure myself. I was going to ask the driver, but I decided to let Rose here talk with him. I normally ask Inari for things like this, but right now, I'm guessing our guess is as good as his. I believe the bomb might know something." Blazing Striker answered Zoe.
Drachenstern
 player, 72 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Thu 8 Dec 2016
at 06:26
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Wait!" Drachenstern runs over to the others as a possible answer comes to mind. "There's a type of magic that can be used to escape the Dark World. Maybe we can improvise a spell based on it to take these people with us."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:27, Thu 08 Dec 2016.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 120 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Fri 7 Apr 2017
at 17:56
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Very well, what do you propose we do?" Blazing Striker asked Drachenstern. She had an idea on what they might do, which was more than what she could say right now.
Drachenstern
 player, 76 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 03:31
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"We need to make a slight change to the ritual, to account for the passengers." She places a hand on her chin. "Start by forming the circle around the bus. One of us will have to be on board, to sort of...hold the magic in place. Rose-" Drachenstern glances at her friend.

"I think it would help if we use our blessing charms on a few of the passengers. The point is to get the magic of the ritual to recognize these people as part of the group leaving the Dark World." She then turns her regard to the rest of the Nobles. "Come on. Let's be about it. We're on borrowed time, here."
Phlegyas
 GM, 247 posts
 Raftman on
 the Pool
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 23:15
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Shira's inquiry catches the driver somewhat by surprise. He had hoped you'd explain what exactly went wrong to him, not the other way around.

"Uh... let's see. I went to work. The bus... oh, there was something important I had to do today." Absentmindedly, he starts patting his pockets, and the torn jacket of his driver uniform. "I left it here somewhere, didn't I? I had... It has... Oh." Sudden realization blooms on his face; then, insufferable guilt that weighs more than a single human should be able to shoulder. He hangs his head. "So it wasn't a dream after all. Is she... yes, she should be out there, watching. She said she would."

Meanwhile, Nina is turning over the bomb in her hands. Its LED display flashes various obscenities, not fit to be reprinted here. Suffice to say that the bomb has quite a large vocabulary, and draws onto more than one languague. The amount of synonyms for your mother's reproductive parts it knows is bedazzling. Nina doesn't find out anything else useful, apart from the arming instructions (printed on its underside in friendly letters).

Inari makes a couple more obscene gestures, then shrugs at Nina. "You know as much as I do, bae. The thing makes BOOM. I think it might be able to rip a tear back to the real world. It might also kill us all doing it. Hmmm. Your call."

Zelda applies some of her charm on the driver. In return, he looks back at her with those suddenly helpless eyes of his. "How do we get out of this? I didn't want... I mean, I didn't expect this to really happen. Dreams don't suddenly become reality, do they? I just wanted help with my daughter. She said, she could help me, for a price. But it was all in a dream... dreams shouldn't come true. Should they?"

Drachenstern looks around, noting that the tire marks the bus left on the street stretch back a few dozen yards, but not further. Nothing in the vicinity suggests there's any magical inscriptions or the like around. No, the trigger is not out there... perhaps in the bus itself? The magic circles and ritual sigils could be anywhere in the vehicle - under the seats, on the underside of the bus, painted on the tires. Now that she knows what she's looking for, it should be easy to find them. However, time is slowly running out, and the girls can feel it. The denizens of the dark are closing in, slowly but surely.

Somewhere far in the darkness, a girl with dissimilar eyes allows herself a cold smile. The thing she's scritching behind its ears lets out a sound not meant for human ears.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:21, Wed 26 Apr 2017.

Shira Rosenberg
 player, 124 posts
 Shy broken girl
 Heir to the Iron Throne
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 03:04
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Wait... daughter... were you the man from the dream?" Blazing Striker asks, some pieces falling into place.

However, her senses, supernatural, mundane, and common, all are screaming at her to get them out of there. Turning to Drachenstern, she speaks, "Do what you need to do. I'll go outside in case anyone out there tries anything. And to help with the spell of course."

Blazing Striker gets off the bus with a guarded stance. Anything that was going to attack was going to go through her.
Drachenstern
 player, 79 posts
 Heir to the New Kingdom
 Benefactor of the Light
Fri 21 Apr 2017
at 06:25
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
"Okay. Just..." Drachenstern begins searching the bus, awkwardly stepping over unconscious passengers as she goes. "There's one more thing we need to deal with. Obviously, the bus couldn't have gotten here on its own. Someone used magic of their own to enable it to enter the Dark World. We need to get rid of their work before we set up our own ritual." On a hunch, she checks the area around the driver's seat and dashboard.
Zelda
 player, 193 posts
 Main Battle Tank
 The One Who Cares
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 12:18
Scene I. Coming to a Screeching Halt in an Unusual Place
Zelda looks at the driver sympathetically and speaks in slow, measured tones.

"You're right, dreams aren't supposed to come true, not literally. Unfortunately that wasn't a normal dream; something evil slipped inside and tricked you. It's okay though, it's gone now, so now I need you to try really hard to remember some things. Can you do that for me? You brought this bus into another world. I need to know how, and more importantly, how you were going to get back."