The Oracle's Labyrinth-2.   Posted by GM Heath.Group: 0
Screed
 player, 521 posts
 there can be only zero-1
 until we are done
Tue 20 Nov 2007
at 01:07
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Screed whispers to Codec as he fires a three shot at the new beast,
GM Heath
 GM, 922 posts
 God
Tue 20 Nov 2007
at 01:10
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Which one?

There is one on the right with a head like a pumpkin with skin stretched over it and an extra arm, and then there is the one on the left that is hunched over and hairy in almost a werewolf-like fashion.
Screed
 player, 523 posts
 there can be only zero-1
 until we are done
Tue 20 Nov 2007
at 02:31
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
I will assume that Screed is to the right of Codec and therefore will shoot for the pumpkin one on the right.
Codec
 player, 157 posts
 We're too far into our
 future to forget our past
Wed 21 Nov 2007
at 17:06
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Codec starts sweating a little. [crapcrapcrap...] Screed whispers into his ear. [no way! wait...New York hotel, that pyramid one, Camelot, Circus Circus........Damn, he's right!]

Codec shouts out before the pumpkinhead can pull itself from the pit, "Las Vegas!"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Wed 21 Nov 2007.

Screed
 player, 524 posts
 there can be only zero-1
 until we are done
Wed 21 Nov 2007
at 17:17
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Screed nods at the big boss lady wondering what she would say as he prepares for another shot.
Jade
 player, 260 posts
 HT=11/11
 MFT: 10/10
Mon 26 Nov 2007
at 17:41
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Jade will fire at the same mutant thing that Screed is firing at, her M-16 on automatic fire.
GM Heath
 GM, 923 posts
 God
Mon 26 Nov 2007
at 18:10
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Jade and Screed fire.  Screed's bullet hits the creature in the face, and Jade knocks it to the ground.  The other one, however, reaches Codec.  He has to jump back and duck as he yells out, "Las Vegas."

The creature...misses Codec with its claws.

The Oracle, as though not seeing Codec's plight, says, "Very good."

Codec begins to retreat as the monster-thing tilts its head and tracks him.  It seems to completely ignore everyone else, and the Oracle says, "And for Cistron, here is your riddle:

"Half of my number is more than four,
Yet I am more than half a score.
Add to me when bakers are near,
But though my days may be numbered, or months I make a year.

I went to Vegas on a showboat,
And met a man with a white goat;
He had seven sheep,
And two cats for each,
He brought his three wives,
And each had three sons,
And a daughter who sang in quatrain.
Man, goat, sheep, cats, wives, sons, daughters.
How many were going to Vegas?"

59...58...57...

The creature spots Codec and begins to charge him again.  Meanwhile you have all had a chance to reload your weapons.
Jade
 player, 261 posts
 HT=11/11
 MFT: 10/10
Mon 26 Nov 2007
at 19:01
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Jade switches gears and fires at the other mutant thing just like before.
Codec
 player, 158 posts
 We're too far into our
 future to forget our past
Mon 26 Nov 2007
at 21:55
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Codec jumps back just in time as claws fly past his face.

His gun flies out and he empties his clip at the creature keeping his buckler secured in one hand.

[2 riddles? Add to me when bakers are near, bakers doz=13-1=12=mon/yr=12? RIDDLE 2: 1+1+7+(7*2)+3+(3*3)+3=38?]

"Cistron, the first should be 12 and the second 38 to Vegas!"
Screed
 player, 525 posts
 there can be only zero-1
 until we are done
Tue 27 Nov 2007
at 05:51
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Screed shouts, "No! One wnet to Vegas!"  He fires another shot at the monster.
Cistron
 player, 48 posts
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 01:24
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
"First question is 12, Cistron answers. The second, depends on the wording: 2 men, 1 goat, 3 wives.. The riddle doesn't actually specify that he brought the rest to Vegas (goats, sheep, cats, sons, daughter); only that he had owned them. So my answer for the second one is '6.'
Screed
 player, 526 posts
 there can be only zero-1
 until we are done
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 05:59
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Screed shakes his head, "Okay, okay, you're on a showboat so I guess you do have to be going in the same direction, then again, how many rivers are there in deserts in Nevada?"
GM Heath
 GM, 924 posts
 God
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 19:17
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Pythia says, "12 is correct, but unfortunately, 6 is not."

One of those creatures crawls out of the pit.  It looks like large, bulky man covered in pockmarks with a hunched back and bulging eyes.  Long streams of saliva fall from his open mouth, where you see a row of pointy teeth.  Its hands end in talon-like fingers.

It begins to move quickly toward Cistron.

39...38...37...
Screed
 player, 527 posts
 there can be only zero-1
 until we are done
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 19:23
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Screed begins firing not being able to answer more that what has already been said.  It had to be those answers, though he has not checked the math in his head.


14:22, Today: Screed rolled 9 using 3d6. threeshot blasteriffic, skill 17. .
Jade
 player, 262 posts
 HT=11/11
 MFT: 10/10
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 19:25
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Jade locks and loads her M-16 to fight yet another mutant creature.  She says, "I think Screed was right on his guess.  I think there's only one going to Vegas because everyone else is going the opposite direction, so they're leaving Vegas."
Codec
 player, 160 posts
 We're too far into our
 future to forget our past
Thu 29 Nov 2007
at 23:56
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
"Hey who said they were going to Vegas at all? Maybe they were on the wrong boat? But what do I know? Not much according to these riddles."
Codec says and smiles.

He points his gun in defense at any more charging beasties ready to shoot.
GM Heath
 GM, 926 posts
 God
Tue 4 Dec 2007
at 20:08
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
OOC: Okay, I think Cistron is out for a bit, and I think we have permanently lost Shadow.  I'll proceed under that assumption.

Cistron guesses what Screed initially suggested and says:  "12 and 1 are the answers."

Pythia nods.  "That is correct."

Screed, Jade and Codec fire at the creature as it approaches Cistron.  They hit it several times, but then it is upon Cistron, clawing at her and getting her with one swipe (2 dmg).

The creature is too close to Cistron for you to attempt to shoot it without seriously risking Cistron too.  It is intent on attacking Cistron.

Pythia watches from above without expression, as if waiting.
Codec
 player, 161 posts
 We're too far into our
 future to forget our past
Wed 5 Dec 2007
at 00:40
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
"...ugh..." [some things you just gotta do yourself...] "Hold On!"

Codec brings his buckler to bear and attempts to shield rush the creature clawing down Cistron.
Jade
 player, 263 posts
 HT=11/11
 MFT: 10/10
Wed 5 Dec 2007
at 17:25
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Jade draws her dagger and rushes the creature to get him away from Cistron, slashing at its back.
Screed
 player, 529 posts
 there can be only zero-1
 until we are done
Wed 5 Dec 2007
at 17:30
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Screed watches while he scratches his neck.
GM Heath
 GM, 927 posts
 God
Wed 5 Dec 2007
at 18:24
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
The creature backhands Cistron, sending her back reeling to the ground. (1 dmg)

Jade reaches it and stabs it, hitting it in the back.  Just as it lets out a monstrous howl, Codec shield rushes it, and it staggers backwards and falls into the pit.

Pythia smiles.  "Very good.  The reach of Zero One to this place has now ended, and I can speak freely."  She gestures with her hand, and a spot in the wall opens up, leading to a far room.  "It is time for us to speak," Pythia says, and then the dais swivels again and she is gone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:24, Wed 05 Dec 2007.

Codec
 player, 162 posts
 We're too far into our
 future to forget our past
Thu 6 Dec 2007
at 00:35
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
"Well. Guess there's only one way out...", Codec says as he wanders into the newly opened room.
Jade
 player, 264 posts
 HT=11/11
 MFT: 10/10
Thu 6 Dec 2007
at 00:56
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Jade nods slowly, and follows.  Her weapon is freshly loaded, dagger within easy reach as she wipes the blood from it and helps Cistron into the new room.
Screed
 player, 530 posts
 there can be only zero-1
 until we are done
Thu 6 Dec 2007
at 03:46
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Screed fires his laser a couple of times into the walls as he walks out just for the fun of it.  "So, let's see where this takes us."
Cistron
 player, 49 posts
Sat 8 Dec 2007
at 19:46
Re: The Oracle's Labyrinth-2
Cistron staggers to her feet with the help of Jade, and follows the others into the next room