(Dungeons & Dragons) Group 1.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 11 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 01:41
Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Dungeons & Dragons (TF to RPG Characters)
- Possible TF Types include: Chronological, Gender, Monster, Mythological, Super Powers

Description: Each of the characters is a player in a Dungeons and Dragons game. You may or may not have played in a RPG before and the reasons you are here are up to you.

(Remember that if you would like your characters to know each other in this Scenario, they do not have to in any other)



The game was to be held at Christopher Bishop's house, located in a smaller suburb on the edge of town. In truth, he shared the house with two room-mates, David Johnson and his girlfriend Emma. Surprisingly normal for being friends with Chris, they were out for the evening that the Dungeons and Dragons game was held.

Christopher, who was a slightly larger man in his very early twenties, had invited most of his friends into RPGs for a fun evening of role-playing and dragon-slaying. Whether the girlfriend (or boyfriend) with no interest in the game was dragged along, there is always that possibility.

Having either premade your own characters or asked Chris to make them for you, all you need to do was to turn up at 6:30 pm sharp with the appropriate snacks. Christopher had themed his living room for the night, with his fantasy models and shrouded windows. A large table was in the centre, filled with dice, maps and models. There was also the familiar Dungeon Master's Screen, and two strange looking novelty candles that resembled silver dragons that were breathing out the candle light.

(Feel free now to introduce your characters as they sit round the table or arrive. Your actual D&D Characters will be introduced later)
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 9 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 02:04
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Sarah sits patiently at the table, her character sheet laid in front of her, and a small pile of dice next to it. She's reading a 2e handbook of some sort, probably the Thief's Handbook.
John Maxwell
 player, 9 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 02:44
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
John sat there waiting for the game to start. He passed the time by randomly rolling the odd dice or stacking them in verious ways. John was known for playing odd characters and being slightly over the top in his mannerism. Of his previous characters the group would know of, his half-orc wizard in peticular was memorable, especially considering he too the half-orc's first level in barbarian so he would be illiterate, and thus have trouble reading his own spellbooks. The strange thing was that he had a weird ability to actually make these odd characters actually viable, though his ungodly good luck certainly helped. Hopefully, Christopher convinced him to play something halfway sane for once, but even if he didn't it would be interesting.

He had several books beside him, the arms and equipment guide was the one closest to hand but he always had that on him, the next few were supplements, all dealing with melee or at least non-magic classes. Though it didn't narrow it down much.
Dan Rycov
 player, 13 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 03:09
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Dan was scribbling happily away on his paper. He was drawing the spooniest, greatest, largest-hat wearing idiot EVER!, in the portrait slot, after rubbing the last one out. Must've been the hat, it's important. Definitely the hat. You judge a man by the hat he is given, and his character's hat was the largest he'd ever drawn.

He was rather a newbie to D&D, but that wasn't going to stop him having fun with his hat, err, character. He'd looked through the classes and settled on bard because it seemed like the most useless and best to play as, as well as most absurd. Exactly what could a bard do? He was rearing to go and full of Monty Python jokes to make the night even cornier.
Gregory Stone
 player, 26 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 12:05
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Walking through the door, a big guy with a green shoulder bag that seems fit to burst and two shopping bags comes to the table.  He's wearing a t-shirt with a stick figure halfling on it, holding a dagger in each hand and proclaiming himself to the a "Sexy, Bare-Footed, God of War!!!".     He seems to be holding the heavy bags without much apparent effort, but seems a bit winded by the walk up the long driveway.


Hi everybody!  (pause for them to say "Hi, Dr. Nick").  Sorry, obligatory Simpsons reference.  Had to be done.

I'm Greg.  I work at Boston Comics over on Allston St, and overheard Chris talking about a D&D game.  Well, my geek sense started tingling and we got to talking, and he said that there was an opening in his game tonight.  I hope you don't mind.  I've been playing D&D for years now and have played lots of kinds of characters, so whatever you're party needs, just let me know.
My favorite class is cleric, so if your party doesn't need anything inparticular, I'll be happy to be the party healer.

Oh, and I brought Mountain Dew, Orange Soda, Doritos, Cheetos, pretzels, and Chips Ahoy for snacks.   


(looks a little embarrassed)
Um, I may have gone a bit overboard with the snacks, but Chris joked that you guys had veto power over whether or not you had room for another player, so I thought some bribes were in order.  (grins)

How are you guys tonight?

He tried to play it cool, but inside Greg was almost vibrating with excitement.  He hadn't gotten to game in almost a year, ever since his friends Jeff and Pete had had the disagreement over a rule in Travelers:the Space Opera game and didn't speak for a month.  He was always tempted to try to get together to game again with them, but had to admit that gaming with people who took it THAT seriously was probably a bad idea.    Granted, he was probably not much better, sitting here like a heroin junkie at a methadone clinic.  He just loved gaming so much!  He was really looking forward to tonight.    The people here seemed pretty cool so far, as was Chris.  He had high hopes so far.

Especially the guy drawing the guy with the big hat.  Nice job.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:09, Tue 24 Mar 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 14 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 13:01
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"I'm pumped!" Dan replies in a happy tone to the newcomer. "Hand me the cheetos so I am gain a few pounds!" He says, holding out his hand like he was in a play for a few seconds with the biggest smile on his face.
Gregory Stone
 player, 27 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 13:34
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Greg laughs and hands over the bag of Cheetos to Dan, though he's a bit envious of anyone who "needs to gain a few pounds", being about 20  lbs overwieght, himself.

He arranges  the snacks on a nearby side table and takes a seat at the table, taking out several gaming books, a cloth bag containing 30 or 40 mismatched dice of all "denominations", and a couple of manila folders that seem to contain character sheets.

He nods around the room as he sets up.   As he moves books and papers around, Greg takes three 20 sided dice and beings rolling them around in one hand, much like the Captain in "Mutiny on the Bounty" did three metal balls in the movie (I apologize for any details I get wrong when I "quote" that movie).  It's unclear if the action is a nervous habit, a good luck ritual, or unconscious action.  He's very rolling the dice around without dropping them, implying that it's a long standing habit.

To Dan:


Cool drawing, by the way.
Dan Rycov
 player, 15 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 14:05
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Dan looks very proud and smiles. "A man is judged by his hat, and this character's hat is the largest you will ever see. The mexicans ain't got nothin' on me!" He banged down on the tabled with his fist lightly and opened the bag of cheetos, eating them greedily with a satisfied expression.

He liked cheetos.
Gregory Stone
 player, 28 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 14:21
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Greg chuckles, then says:
And everywhere you go, women are always saying: "Oh baby, your hat.... it's so.....BIG!"

Greg takes out some paper cups and pours some Dew, offering it (and the orange) around the table.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 10 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 15:23
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Sarah takes a Dew, smirking at the hat talk.

"Sure, you can think that..."
Cassander Miraz
 player, 5 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 17:58
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Cassander walks back into the room, snapping shut his cell phone.  He walks over and stands behind his seat, one hand on the back of the chair.  "Sorry about that guys.  I had to take that call.  Has Dan finished drawing his characters hat yet or has he finally run out of lead?" He chuckled as he leaned over the table to catch a look at Dan's drawing.  It was a good drawing, but Cassander never really understood Dan's obsession with big hats.

The larger collection of snacks and drinks on the table caught his eye, and Cassander looked at the table as though he were trying to divine some hidden truth.  "Did we get more food?  You'd almost think that we were afraid of starving." he asked, looking around the table and finally landing eyes on Greg.  "Oh, sorry.  You must be Greg.  I'm Cassander." he said with a friendly smile as held out his hand to Greg.
Gregory Stone
 player, 29 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 24 Mar 2009
at 20:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Greg chuckled at Sarah's remark.  He took on the air of a sleazy bar fly, one eyebrow cocked and asked:
Well, you know what they say about guys with big hats, don't you?

After a second or two pause for comedic effect, his face became very serious and grave.
They generally develop severe neck strain.   It's sad, really.

He grins.

Looking up, he takes Cassander's hand when he offers it, smiling at him.
Glad to meet you, Cassander.  I love your name, if you don't mind me saying.   Where's it from?

This message was last edited by the player at 11:42, Wed 25 Mar 2009.

Storyteller
 GM, 12 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 01:29
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)


About a minute after the group has gathered, you hear a flush from another part of the house.

Moments later, Chris bustles out into the living room.

"Hey guys!" he says, taking his seat behind the DM's screen, which he folds away for the moment "Glad you could all make it!"

"I see you've met Greg"

He then leans over to check on Dan's character's hat.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 11 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 01:38
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Hey, I wouldnt miss this for the world!"

Sarah grins and puts the handbook under her seat.
Dan Rycov
 player, 16 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 07:20
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Dan is rubbing it out and drawing a larger one, with a feather in the top. he looks focused and... rather stupid really. It's not that he wasn't a bit stupid but he had the habit of making whatever expression he happened to be drawing, and this seemed to show right now.
Gregory Stone
 player, 30 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 11:39
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Thanks for inviting me, Chris.  I'm really looking forward to it.   What's the game, what do you need, what are the house rules?

Greg settles into a chair, looking around the room, basking in the glow of  the impending game.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:41, Wed 25 Mar 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 6 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 12:49
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Cassander turns his chair around and sits down, leaning forward on the chair back.  "My first names Greek, even though I'm not.  Wierd parents.  I know it sounds like a girls name but it's really the guy version of Cassandra.  You can just call me Caz.  Glad you're joining us Greg.  Hey. We have Mountain Dew."  Cassander helped himself to a cup of the drink and took a sip.
Gregory Stone
 player, 31 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 12:55
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Now that I think about it, Cassander, it makes perfect sense.   Still very cool, though.    My name is pretty mundane, by comparison.  It was kind of a hand-me-down from an aunt whose son Greg turned out to be born as her daughter Lisa. 
He grins.
My mother was stuck for a name for various reasons, and asked "Hey, JoAnne, if you're not using that name, can I grab it?"   The rest as they say, is history.

Also, I have to say that I'm gratified to see there are still fans of Mountain Dew, nectar of the gods, elixer of life (or at least gaming).  I've been drinking the stuff since I was six and haven't slowed down since.

Dan Rycov
 player, 17 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 12:57
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Cassander, that means 'brother of heroes' doesn't it? You planning to be that in the game?" Dan says, happily leaning back on his chair.
Gregory Stone
 player, 32 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 13:00
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
(laughs)
I hope that we don't have to play characters based on our names!   I'm not sure, but I think "Greg" either means "talkative" or "like a monk".   Both of which are true enough in real life, so I'd just as soon avoid them here.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 7 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 13:02
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Cassander gives Dan a feigned shocked expression.  "How can you game without the Dew?  It's like an unwritten law."  He raises one hand as if quoting a regulation.  "When thou has pen and paper upon which thy character resides and before thou dice rollest, thou will partake of the Dew lest thy dice roll poorly."
Dan Rycov
 player, 18 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 13:04
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Acutally, Greg means watchful and vigilant in Greek" he said, surprisingly knowledgeable about this. "As for dew, I really prefer water"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:06, Wed 25 Mar 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 33 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 13:34
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Well, it's ALL Greek to me.   Perhaps I wasn't vigilant enough after all, I missed that meaning.

He grins.

And as far as water vs. Dew, I can only paraphrase the quote:
"You're offering my water?  I said I was thirsty, not dirty."

Dan Rycov
 player, 19 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 13:53
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Dan gives a counter-grin. "For things other than water I can only quote Idiocracy:

Brawndo's got what plants crave!
What is that?
It's got electrolytes!
What are electrolytes?
I dunno... but they're what plants crave!"

John Maxwell
 player, 10 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 13:54
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
John chuckled at the group, if they were this livly now he'd hate to see what happened when they were up on Mountain Dew "You all can have the Dew, I brought some Pepsi for myself."

He paused too look over at the hat in question "Dude... if you make any bigger you can use it for hide or disguies checks..." he said with a shake of his head and a look on his face that suggested he was barely holding back from laughing.
Dan Rycov
 player, 20 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 13:56
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
He looked in thought from that random piece. "Hmm, if I add more feathers to each side and make a pulley system, I can get the hat to fly!" He said, and promptly reached for the rubber.
John Maxwell
 player, 11 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 13:59
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
John raised a hand to say something and opened his mouth to speak, closed his mouth again and shook his head. "Why do I get the feeling we have a Gnome machinist with us..."
Dan Rycov
 player, 21 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 14:03
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"I'm a human bard, not a gnome" He said in an annoyed tone. He did so hate gnomes and dwarves. Maybe he'd get to kick a few when the game starts?
John Maxwell
 player, 12 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 14:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
John nodded sagely "Hmm, human bard... maybe you could make a native american headdress, lots of feathers and it would be really big, especially if you threw some gryphon slash great eagle feathers on it too.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:11, Wed 25 Mar 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 22 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 14:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Didn't I just say that like a few seconds ago? Enough feathers for wings, like those norse helmet things. Except more like a pimp hat" Dan suddenly imagines a Norse Pimp and shudders.
John Maxwell
 player, 13 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 14:13
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
John shudders as well at the thought, but continues on the hat "You were saying a lot of feathers on the hat. I was saying make a hat out of nothing but feathers."
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 12 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 14:15
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Make sure to include a strap if you do that, otherwise, it could end up flying away."

Sarah grabs a glass of Dew.
Dan Rycov
 player, 23 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 14:15
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"That would be itchy and useless, as well as tacky" He replied, wiping off rubber giblets from the paper.
John Maxwell
 player, 15 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 14:24
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
John actually burst out laughing at the comment that a headdress would be tacky while a viking helm with wings the size of an eagle would not. "Hoo, I needed that. Good luck with your hat man, I'd just suggest you make it small enough for it to fit through a door otherwise you'll have to take it off when preforming inside or going in a dungeon." He patted his character sheet which lay face down on the table "I've got mine drawn but I'd want to wait until we start to show it."
Cassander Miraz
 player, 8 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 17:35
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Or we might have to start using it like a car rack, storing our travelling gear on top of it." Cassander added, with a grin.  "Or it could be used as the top of a crude shelter.  We could turn it over and use it as a boat if we need to cross water.  The possibilities are endless."
Gregory Stone
 player, 35 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 25 Mar 2009
at 20:33
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Hmmmm,  "A Bard Named Slickback".   Be sure to take Tower Shield proficiency, so you can get the best use of that hat. 

Greg smiles.
Dan Rycov
 player, 25 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 00:24
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Haha, nice. Maybe I could attach swords to the edges and attack by twirling?" He laughed at this, and thought about how it might be useful for surrounding attackers.
Gregory Stone
 player, 36 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 11:48
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Yes, your hat would certainly be "brimming" with possibilities.

Greg nods, very deadpan.

He continues to get out gaming books and such.
Storyteller
 GM, 13 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 12:00
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
As Christopher makes his final preparations and listens to the conversation, he adds "Do you guys like the candles? I noticed them at a old antiques place and thought they were pretty neat"

He gestures towards the two silver dragons who look like they are breathing out candle light.
Dan Rycov
 player, 27 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 12:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Yeah, they're cool. I like all those statues of dragons you see in the shop windows, got a few myself" He leant back a bit further.
Gregory Stone
 player, 39 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 12:32
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
Greg nods too.
Yeah, I'd love to get some stuff like that, either dragons or gargoyles, but I just don't have the room at my apartment.  Which antiques place?  I might stop by myself, sometime.  Heck, there might be something there to get for the comics store, not that we're getting into gaming stuff.
Dan Rycov
 player, 29 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 13:35
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"Uhh, I don't know it's name. The one down at the mall with the big glass windows with all the wierd statues and crap. I go there semi-often being the nerd I am" He looks partially ashamed.

OOC: Do I detect the seeds for more stories in this line of reality?
Cassander Miraz
 player, 10 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 13:51
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"I've been in there a couple of times." Cassander added.  "I didn't see anything that really struck my fancy though.  Maybe if I needed a few miniature figures for a game, there might be something.  So you work at the comic store Greg?  I thought you looked familiar."
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 15 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 13:54
Re: Scenario (Dungeons & Dragons)
"They definately are impressive."
Gregory Stone
 player, 40 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 26 Mar 2009
at 19:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
In reply to Cassander Miraz (msg #43):

Yes, I work down at Boston Comics, down on Allston Street.  They can only afford to hire me part time so far, but the owner is always scheming to come up with ways to improve business.
Greg grins.
We're expanding into gaming as well as comics, so any ideas that anyone has on what kind of games they'd like to see would be great.   I was actually thinking about opening up an area for nightly games as well, but the space is just too small.


I'll have to check out the place in the mall, though.

Storyteller
 GM, 14 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 06:12
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Finishing with his preperations and flipping his sinister 'critical die' onto its namesake 20, Christopher absentmindedly flips a coin before putting it down on the table.

He then clears his throat and waits for the table chatter to die down a little.

"Okay then," he says "Is everyone ready? We'll go round the table and everyone can everyone can introduce their characters"


OOC: I'll leave the table order up to you guys. It's probably easiest to just post when you have the chance and we'll assume you were next in line.
Gregory Stone
 player, 45 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 12:05
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg gets out a character sheet.
This is a character that I've been working on all day.  Um, when I should have been working, unfortunately.  Still, I'm kinda digging the concept.  Her name is Aliana Farwalker, an elven cleric of Fharlanghn, the God of Travel.
Basically, she's a priestess that is practically a professional tourist.  Fharlanghn's main tenents are that travel broadens the mind and cleanses the soul, and she's the poster child for her faith.  She has severe wanderlust, and wants to see and do everything in the world.  She wants to map everything and perhaps write a travel guide so others can benefit from her travels without having to endure the dangers themselves.  To her, a comprehensive travel guide to the world would be like a bible.
 


He hands the character sheet over to Chris for approval.

I've taken the liberty of outfitting her and choosing her skills.  (ahem) Basically, I didn't get much work done at the store today, but when my gaming muse is on me, I usually can't think about much else.  He chuckles a bit.

She has a lot of outdoorsy skills, and she can track like a ranger.  She's not great at it, since clerics don't get a lot of skills, but she has good intelligence, so that gave me extra skill points so that I didn't have to take a level in ranger or bard just for the skills.  I actually rolled very well for her stats.  She's not as charismatic or as wise as a cleric probably should be, but I'm putting that down as part of the character.  She's not intending to be a cleric that proselytizes others.  To her, the guide book she plans to write will be her greatest sermon.  The rest of her stats were pretty good, she's pretty strong (kind of a wiry strength, being an elf maiden, and all), plus I maxed out on dexterity.  I also gave her starting fifth level money, and outfitted her with some magic stuff.  Nothing too exciting.  A fancy composite longbow, masterwork chainshirt and longsword, Healing belt, Haversack of holding, and two rings, Feather Falling and Sustenance.  I've got some cheap potions too, but nothing too exciting.

Greg speaks with great enthusiasm for the character.  His gamer geekiness is plainly obvious to the room.

One of her supeficial goals it to get something magical with which to fly.  I've always been a little obsessed with flight in all my characters, so I've given her the same longing to soar in the sky.   It's one of the great appeals of Fharlanghn; one of his Travel Domain spells is fly. 

He looks at Chris, almost like a kid trying out for the little league team.

So, will she work for your game?
Dan Rycov
 player, 32 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 12:53
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan stood up first. God help us.

He struck his hand out and smirked in his face with a crazy expression. "My character... is the greatest musician in the world. His talents are knwn far and wide and he has an ego the size of a small continent. His very clothes suggest he should be pimpin' instead of adventuring, with his enormous purple hat with enormous twin feathers and cane-like walking stick that hides his weapons. He may not be the best fighter, but he's certainly not predictable. Ladies and Gentlemen, this man is Kenjinn J Rycov, and he HATES BABIES!!" He says in a very dramatic tone, almost yelling near the end.
Gregory Stone
 player, 46 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 13:08
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg snorts with laughter, then adopts a serious, scandalized look.
How can you hate babies!?!?!?    They're so sweet.... and tasty.

Seriously, good character.  If that's a bard, they can be very useful and fun, although we're probably not going to be sneaking into any goblin camps any time soon, with that outfit. 
  He grins
Dan Rycov
 player, 33 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 13:29
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"I'd just enrage a nearby town to take up arms against them. That's the beauty of the character!"
John Maxwell
 player, 16 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 13:31
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John laughed "Damn man. And I thought I went with a random character. I actually think this tops my old, illiterate, half-orc wizard." he said has he finally was able to catch his breath.
Gregory Stone
 player, 47 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 13:46
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg grins.
Illiterate wizard?  What, does his spell book made of just pretty pictures?

And Dan is basically the Pied Piper of Hamlin, I guess.

He chuckles at the image.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:47, Fri 27 Mar 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 34 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 14:01
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Except I have a pimp cane and a bigger hat" He smiled and leant back "An illiterate wizard's pretty funny though. Instead of chanting some mystical words, you mime the spell!"
John Maxwell
 player, 17 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 14:02
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John chuckled "He'd have to sound it out. He'd miscast so much he'd evenually get bored and start hitting the oppenent with his battleaxe/staff... he took his first level in barbarian... Well I didn't do something that bad this time, so who's next?" he asked.
Gregory Stone
 player, 48 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 27 Mar 2009
at 23:32
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg smiled.  The barbarian/wizard should be fun. I can see it now: "Well, wizard, I'm immune to all magic, so that means you're helpless before my....OW!!  OW!! Stop hitting me!!  OW!!  OK, ok, I give up!!!"
John Maxwell
 player, 18 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 00:04
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John grinned "Something like that, my old GM didn't even know how to counter that, so he'd just throw down like normal then I'd end up bashing a warrior's head in with a critical." he leaned back with his hands behind his head. "Good times." he said as he recalled his zany antics of years past.
Gregory Stone
 player, 49 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 00:13
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg nodded, in full gamer nostalgia mode, now.
Yes, it didn't work too well for a friend of mine and me, though.  He had a Barbarian/Sorcerer and I had a Monk/wizard, with one or two levels in the warrior class and the rest in caster.  The problem was, we kept forgetting that we were primarily casters and would keep rushing into melee, but we weren't strong enough warriors to do it.  It ended up getting both of us killed.
He chuckled.
Still, you know the old sayings "That which kills you, makes you smarter, and that which does not kill you....missed.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 12 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 00:36
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander laughed.  "I'm really curious to see how you play that character John.  An illiterate Wizard.  This I have to see."
John Maxwell
 player, 19 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 02:23
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John chuckled and shook his head "Nah, this time I decided to do something more sane this time around." He flips his character sheet over and spins it around so the others could see it.

The first thing they would probally notice was the nicely drawn picture of a Female elf in the portrait box
<OOC: will edit in a picture if my photobucket will stop screwing up, if it doesn't hopefully I can post it when we actually change. And no the picture I'm going to put up is not mine, but for the sake of his background, John can.>

The second thing was the stats and feats, of course he had high dex and wisdom, low strength and constitution, you know, normal ranger stats. But his feats were all melee based.
Gregory Stone
 player, 50 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 04:45
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg chuckles a bit.
Heh.  I guess "elf maiden" is a popular choice this season.  My cleric and your ranger can tell dirty jokes in Elven.  She's kind of the opposite of your wizard character.  Aliana is a nerdy scholar and a serious language geek. 
Storyteller
 GM, 15 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 09:19
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Smiling and laughing along, Chris quickly glances over the characters before handing them back.

He gestures for Cassander and Sarah to introduce their own characters.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 16 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 14:09
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"I've got Silene, a human rogue/thief-acrobat."
Cassander Miraz
 player, 13 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 21:44
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander laughed again.  "Oh this is too funny.  I brought out my Elven Sorceress, so we've got three elves in the party.  I figured that I needed a change from my Paladin and I've never really played a magic-user before so it'll be interesting.  Although now I'm starting to think that there was some sort of invisible peer pressure that I was succumbing to."
Gregory Stone
 player, 53 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 22:02
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg laughs.
And here I thought that maybe everyone would discourage me from playing my elven priestess.  I didn't realize that it would be the average character race.

He shakes his head.
I'm glad that you guys are more open to unusual character concepts.  I had a DM once who refused to let anyone play a different gendered character.  He said that men are fundamentally incapable of playing female characters, so he disallowed it.   Granted, this is the same DM who claimed that the alignment Chaotic Neutral meant that the person was psychotic and couldn't control their actions, so I never really paid him a lot of attention.

Greg looks at Sarah.

The thief/acrobat sounds good too.  I've never had the talent to play rogues, it'll be interesting to see on in action.
Dan Rycov
 player, 36 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 23:08
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"I played a chaotic neutral knight once! I ended up getting chased by a horde of zombies, lighting fire to a house I was supposed to evict someone from and getting tied up in the middle of town during an attack by both bandits and goblins because I got a bit carried away with my eariler killing spree. It was a fun game" He says nostalgically.

OOC: This is true
Cassander Miraz
 player, 14 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 23:28
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"I had a DM once who was such an alignment fanatic that he had my Paladin charging at everything evil.  We were facing down a horde of 40 hill giants, and rather than make a tactical withdrawal like any good soldier would know to do, I had no choice but to charge them because they were evil."  Cassander shrugged.  "There was nothing I could do.  I didn't even get a saving throw versus DM."
Gregory Stone
 player, 54 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 28 Mar 2009
at 23:40
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg shakes his head, chuckling in sympathy with the various DM mishaps.
What's your house rule, Chris?  How much latitude do we have with alignment and such?
Storyteller
 GM, 16 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 01:43
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"I'm not going to use alignments as any sort of straight jacket" Chris replies, jotting something down in his notes "Try to stick by your alignment, although I'm not going to force you to do anything"

"If everyone's ready then, shall we begin?"
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 18 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 01:50
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"I was born ready! ... or at least Silene was."

Sarah grins and sits forwards, ready to game.
Gregory Stone
 player, 55 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 01:50
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sounds good, there's nothing else you need from us?

Greg arranges his dice and other gaming paraphenalia.  Grinning ear to ear.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 15 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 01:53
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander picked up a D20 and started to roll it across the top of his fingers.  "Just need to warm up my dice." he said with a grin.
Gregory Stone
 player, 56 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 02:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Grinning, Greg nods approval.  A man after my own heart.   It's important to get the dice in the mood to roll well. But, whatever you do, never treat inanimate objects like they have feelings.  They totally hate that.
Storyteller
 GM, 17 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 03:05
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Okay then, we shall begin" Chris says.



"It was a dark day when the Elven Princess Alassë Calaelen disappeared while she was travelling to the capital of the Human Empire as a ambassador from the elves.

Of course, a kidnapping was the obvious theory. However, there was no note left and there was no sign of struggle. The Princess simply vanished despite being surrounded by a large party of trained warriors.

The Elven Commander Valandil Felagund immediately sent out several parties to find the Princess. One of those parties was our particular elven women"


He then gestures towards the players of the three female elves (Greg, John and Cassander).

"The Commander gave you supplies and enough gold for you to have access to the resources you need and to bribe a few people in necessary. Travelling east, you soon arrived at the closest town, a primarily human settlement known as Griffonford. There, you met the bard Kenjinn who told you to meet him in the tavern after his performance, and that he had some information about who you were searching for.

Christopher then passes two small pieces of paper to both Dan and Sarah.

"That night, you meet Kenjinn and his companion, a rogue named Silene at the tavern. It is well into the evening and many people have left the tavern for the night. Outside, rain lashes against the windows and thunder can be heard in the distance"

Christopher waits for you to mentally digest what he has to say, before gesturing for you to begin role-playing. You can hear it begin to faintly rain outside.
Gregory Stone
 player, 57 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 05:16
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"it was a dark and stormy night...."  Sister Aliana mutters to herself as she sits at the table, setting her longbow to one side and arranging her longsword so as to not interfere with her sitting.   Taking out some parchment and a quill pen, the elven priestess began taking notes, writing down the bard's name.
Thank you so much for meeting with us, m'lord Bard.   I really enjoyed your performance.  When there's more time, I'd love to hear more.  Unfortunately, as you know, time is of the essence.  Could you please, if you still wish it, tell us what you can about the recent tragedy? 

Greg gets out his character sheet, double checking any useful skills or magic.
Dan Rycov
 player, 37 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 08:15
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Oh a tavern, how cliché"

Kenjinn sits at the table downing a mighty tankard of ale, declaring his maniless to all who challenge it. He wipes his face and smiles towards the elves "Thanks I was workin' on those songs for a while. Now, if information is what you seek, I have it. What is it you want to know of? Tragedies aren't all that rare y'know" He takes another drink.
Gregory Stone
 player, 58 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 08:49
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg leans forward, grinning.  He was getting into the roleplaying, obviously amused by the bard's antics.

Aliana grins, obviously entertained by the bard's drinking, but she tries to keep her enthusiasm off her face, mostly succeeding.

We were led to believe, learned bard, that you might have information, or at least have heard rumors, pertaining to the recent dissappearance of Princess Alasse of the Elves.  Nothing is known, not yet anyway.  Anything you can tell us about what you know or even what you've heard in various taverns and gathering spots of humans.

Aliana fingers her holy symbol of Fharlanghn, God of Travel, as if for guidence and strength.  She looks into your eyes, as if willing you to have the answers that would save her beloved princess.
Dan Rycov
 player, 38 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 09:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn puts his chin on his hand squints his eyes, tapping his chin and pretending to think. "An elf princess... hmm, my memory's a little fuzzy, but I think I might know something about that" He smirks with a large grin.
Gregory Stone
 player, 59 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 09:38
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana sits listening attentively to the bard.  After a few seconds of silence, she blinks a couple of times and then gets a look of realization on her face, like a little kid that figured out a puzzle.

Oh!!!!  Wait a minute!  Is this the part of the conversation where we give you a bribe?  Oh!  It is, isn't it?  I've read about this in books!     Her bouncy enthusiasm waivers for a minute with a look of concentration.

So, wait, what's the usual bribe amount?  I've got some money with me, just for bribes! 
She nods, in a way that she assumes makes her look knowledgable with such matters.
Storyteller
 GM, 18 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 11:13
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
The bartender, apparently cleaning beer mugs, sniggers at the elf, before poorly concealing it with a cough.

Or rather, your DM sniggers.
John Maxwell
 player, 20 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 14:48
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John chuckled at the other's antics "I like this group."

"Excuse my friend here, sometimes she can't get her head out of her books. My name is Alyissia" The elven ranger said, you could see she had several weapons on her, a pair of short swords worn horizontally on the back of her belt with a hilt on each side, and quiver of arrows on her left side, her bow was unstrung at the moment and resting beside her at the table. Alyissia pulls out several silver coins and 2 gold ones, splits them into two piles,each with a gold in them, though one had more silver. She slides the smaller pile to the barkeeper "For the drinks." she said though it could easily be seen that she was asking him not to repeat this conversation. She slide the second, larger pile over to the bard. "If you would answer the question please." she said politly but firmly.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 16 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 17:16
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander laughed, almost spilling the Mountain Dew he was drinking.  "Oh man.  So our priestess is chock full of book learning and little life experience?  Nice." he grinned.

Tizona, the sorceress of the group, is going to roll her eyes slightly at the priestesses enthusiasm.  She is content to merely sit at the table, her eyes roaming over the bar, while her companions to the talking.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 19 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 17:26
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sarah chuckles at the enthusiasm.

"Silene groans slightly and shakes her head before leaning back. She eyes the coins that Alyissia slides to her partner, nodding slightly."
Gregory Stone
 player, 60 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 22:01
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Aliana nods as she watches the exchange, writing notes on her parchment, obviously taking notes on "How to Bribe a Bard 101".
One tip of her tongue is touching her upper lip, an apparent "tell" that she thinking hard and trying to memorize the scene.
She looks up at the Bard again, eagerly, quill ready, seeming oblivious to the social faux paux, except perhaps thinking that she should have found out the Bardic Exchange Rate ahead of time.

Dan Rycov
 player, 39 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 22:37
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan cacked himself laughing. "That was brilliant"

Kenjinn moved his hand up to his mouth, trying to conseal a smile. This girl seemed rather ditsy. Maybe I can get more out of this He thought, sealing away the grin. He looked back up "Hmm, that's quite an offer, my memory seems to be coming back. Yes, I do recall something, uhh, it's fuzzy" He said massagin hsi head and giving Silene a thumbs up.
Gregory Stone
 player, 61 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 22:49
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana looks over at her ranger friend, raising her eyebrows and saying   "So, do we give him more, now?  Was the first gold only enough for him to recall "fuzzy memories"?  Should  we ask what the fuzzy ones are first, or give more money to de-fuzz them?   How does one "de-fuzz" a memory?

She begins writing furiously on a different parchment, drawing some kind of magic hairbrush and writing ideas to make a magic object to "de-fuzz" thoughts and memories.   She seems to have forgotten the conversation with the bard.

Greg looks over at John.

John, on a side note: Aliana has a tiny amount of ranger training, tracking and such, so she probably would have asked a lot of questions to learn from you about these things, as you are probably more knowledgable than anything she learned in the temple to the God of Travel.  Would that be alright?

Cassander Miraz
 player, 17 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2009
at 23:25
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Bardic Exchange rate?" Cassander repeated smiling.  "How does a cleric for the God of Travel not know the Bardic exchange rate?"

Tizona sips at her drink, frowning.  She wasn't at all becoming impressed with Sister Aliana and is once again questioning their decision not to have her simply use her magic to charm the answers that they needed.  Also the human mead is of a terrible vintage, probably brewed in a rain barrel out back.  "and just what fuzzy memories do you have?"  she asks, trying to get the negotiations back onto track and making a mental note to have a talk with the Cleric later.
Dan Rycov
 player, 40 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 01:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"I'm not all that sure, they're out of focus. Not layered enough to get a clear picture" He said, humming and squinting, drinking his drink. These other two elves weren't as stupid as the cleric and still did a pretty good job of not taking hints. He decided to tap on the table near the money to spell it out for them.
John Maxwell
 player, 21 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 02:51
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John snickered and answered Greg "That's fine. So long as you don't mind me saying Alyissia was assigned as a guide and guard for the two of you." he said to the other two elf players.

"Alyissia smirked, she had obviously been expecting this. She cut off what she was about to say when the others started talking. Once they finished she answered Aliana 'Hush. Watch now, questions later' she said, being nice about it to avoid embaressing the cleric. She hadn't taken her eyes off the bard or his companion 'You didn't think we'd fork over all our money without hearing the information now did you?' she pulls something out of her money pouch and stacks money in three small towers, each with the exact amount of coins as the first pile. 'That first amount was to get your attention, Master Bard. The second goes to you when we have the information. The other half, you get once we have confirmed the information's accuracy.' She smiled sweetly. 'Does that jog your memory?' it was obvious she had planed this all along.
Dan Rycov
 player, 41 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 03:36
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
This one's the brains He thought with a scheming mind. Which means that ditsy one must be the healing and the silent one should be the artillery. Nice group He picked up one of the gold coins and inspected it. He glaced back to his companion with a questioning look.
Gregory Stone
 player, 62 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 04:00
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana nods to her friend, seemingly not at all insulted about being told to "stop talking now".  She looks back and forth at the sorceress and the bard, apparently genuinely entertained and feeling educated.
Storyteller
 GM, 19 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 07:52
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
The customers of the bar have slowly begun to leave now, leaving a small group scattered around the bar.

As one man drunkly goes to leave he bumps into your table, causing the money to shake precariously and Kenjinn's drink is almost tipped over.

"Stoopid table" the man says and he stumbles out the door.

Gregory Stone
 player, 63 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 08:22
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana leaps to her feet, getting in front of the man, an indignant look on her face. 
Now, that's not fair!   You apologize to this innocent table, at once!

The elf stands defiantly in front of the drunk man, preventing him from leaving.
Storyteller
 GM, 20 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 08:39
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
The man looks confused at the elf, then mutters so only she can here "You know what? I was only told to slip poison in his drink. It'll be easier if I just kill you all now won't it, make it look like a accident"

He flashes the steel of a weapon.

While the other bar patrons do not hear him or what exactly Aliana said, they turn around to see what has happened. The bar keeper pauses cleaning that same filthy glass he has been the entire night.


Outside of Chris's house, rain begins to lash against the windows. You hear the faint roll of thunder in the distance. A gust of wind slips in through the window, causing the flames of the candles to flicker.


OOC: If we come to combat, we'll 'fast-forward' to the result and I'll just use the Dice Roller to see how well you fared.
Gregory Stone
 player, 64 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 09:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg stares at Chris for a second, so lost in the roleplaying that he wasn't expecting combat yet.

Well, alright!  Sorry, I was just going to have Aliana accost the man, in case he stole something.  This is even better.

Aliana's face lights up with joy.  She swiftly draws her longsword with great enthusiasm.


Do we get to fight now?  How marvelous!  I was afraid I'd have to wait all week! 

Aliana is confident that her traveling companions will back her up.  She wouldn't have expected them to help her defend the table's honor, Fharlanghn knows, but since the "drunk" drew a live weapon, she figures that changes the equation.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 18 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 12:45
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Tizona, having missed what the man whispered to Aliana, rises to her feet, slowly so as to not appear provocative.  "There's no need for tempers to match the weather outside.  Sheathe your sword, Sir, before someone does something that they will regret." While she's sure that Aliana can handle herself, especially with Alyssia and her to back the Cleric up, causing a bar brawl is not going to get them the answers that they need.  Of course if she had to drink this places mead every night, she'd probably be irritable as well.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 20 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 12:57
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Now, it gets interesting...

Silene carefully draws her dagger from its arm sheath, keeping it concealed for the right moment to strike."
Dan Rycov
 player, 42 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 13:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn notices everyone drawing metal and is a bit weary. He was a musician, and a fair bit of a coward. The last thing he wanted was a sword in his gut. He remained ademate but aware of the potential for combat.
John Maxwell
 player, 22 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 14:17
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John looked at the rest of the players. "Yaw'll aren't trying to start a fight early are you?" he said with a smile. "I thought the cleric and bard would at least try to stop the fight without resorting to violence."

"Alyissia didn't draw a weapon, though from the number she carried on her, she could probally draw one before most of the others could react anyway. 'Come now, we're not here to find a fight, especially one where you opponent can't stand straight. Let the man pass.' she said to her compainions, then she turned to the man 'Have a good night sir.' she said politely trying to keep the situation from becoming a brawl, but only someone with a trained eye would see that she was ready to move in the situation deteriorated any at all.
Gregory Stone
 player, 65 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 16:36
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana grins at her companions as well as at the humans.

No, it's okay, everyone!  We're allowed to fight him.  He's been hired to kill us, he just  told me.   Oh, and good Bard, I'd avoid having any more of that drink if I were you.


She looks at her human opponent, holding her finely crafted elven longsword in both hands.

Now, good sir, are you going to tell us who hired you, or shall I talk to your corpse?  Both scenarios work for me, since your breath would reek equally bad either way!

The words should be a generic threat between opponents, but when delivered with Aliana's child-like enthusiasm and grinning face, it sounds especially chilling.
Storyteller
 GM, 21 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2009
at 23:42
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
As violence becomes almost inevitable, the bar patrons get up and walk over to the scene carefully.

"Hey there, let's not start a unfair fight" one says.

"Yeah, let's start a fair one" another snarls, as they all draw their weapons.

"You should've kept your mouths shut" one says to the bard and rogue "Now you can die with these elves!"

John Maxwell
 player, 23 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2009
at 23:58
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John smiled this was going to be fun.

"Alyissia stood up holding her hands low and open like she was trying to not be threatening. 'Come now Gentlemen you don't want to start a fight..." she started to say before whipping out her shortswords into a lightning fast attack on the nearest enemy." he said before explaining his action.

"Gonna take a free action to draw my blades thanks to quick draw and make a surprise attack while they arn't ready."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:59, Wed 01 Apr 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 43 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:24
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn secretly pocketed all the money on the table and stood up, tapping Silene on the shoulder and nodding towards the door subtelly. He  has his hand on his sword just in case a fight does start.
John Maxwell
 player, 24 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:29
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John chuckled "Sure you can pocket the money. Just remember that Alyissia will probally figure who took it. Though if you tell em what you know it was yours anyway." he said with a shrug.
Dan Rycov
 player, 44 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:30
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan looked in thought. "I could take it, and say I didn't! That way you'd have to pay me more" He said to John with a smile.
John Maxwell
 player, 25 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:33
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John laughed "She'd either, A. say it was your fault for losing your money. Or B. turn on you for trying to swindle her. She doesn't take much."
Dan Rycov
 player, 45 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:43
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Damn!" Dan exclaims. "Hate ungullible characters like that"
Gregory Stone
 player, 66 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 11:59
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg chuckles.

I hate to say it, but you're not even going to fool Aliana with that one.  If you tried to deny it, her face would light up like a little kid at Christmas and she'd probably just say:  Are you lying to me?  That's wonderful!  You're actually pretty good at it, though you should have picked a better subject.   Do it again, though!   I want to see it once more, in slow motion, if you can.  You know, if it's no bother.
Or something similar.

Ok, Chris, Aliana attacks the "drunk" with her longsword.  Making up a battlecry as she goes.


O Well-Traveled Fharlanghn!  Please guide my blade as it travels the scenic route down this poor man's gullet!  May it see many sights and procure many souveniers!

This message was last edited by the player at 18:28, Thu 02 Apr 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 19 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 14:16
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander had his players book open and had busied himself flipping through pages.  "Go figure.  First fight of the game and I have no idea what spells to use.  Magic Missile, maybe?  I don't think that Tizona wants to kill anyone.  Something illusionary then?  Hmmm."

Tizona groans as blades are drawn.  This fight wasn't going to help them on their mission and the last thing that they needed was someone to get killed and the elves to be brought up in front of the local magistrate.  "Ladies, Gentlemen please!  There's no reason to shed any blood." she tries one last futile attempt at reasoning, while her player sorts through spells.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:17, Thu 02 Apr 2009.

Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 21 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 22:21
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Silene nods and tries to extract herself from the situation."

Sarah chuckles.

"Nice battle cry."
Storyteller
 GM, 22 posts
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 07:36
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Fast Forward >>

The combat ends with the triumph of good over evil. Or, the triumph of three elves and two dodgy characters over who maybe hired thugs.

The customary after battle search reveals a letter on the bodies of several attackers. It instructed them to kill you and bring your bodies to a abandoned building near the edge of town. It was signed with a foreboding symbol of a demonic skull.

The bar keeper, who fled during the fight, returned with the authorities. They did not take kindly to your story, nor did they believe it, so the confrontation ended with all five of you fleeing with them in pursuit.

After that, it seemed the entire town was looking for you. Some RP later, and the five of you decided to work together at least temporarily until you could figure out what was going on and clear your names...


Over a hour passes real time for you all to reach this point. Like in game, the house is being racked by fierce rain and the sounds of thunder. The power has gone out, leaving you to game by candlelight.
Dan Rycov
 player, 46 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 07:41
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Bloody power, can't they make stormproof cables?" Dan pouted, fairly annoyed.

Kenjinn was no better, he was fairly annoyed at the three elves who busted in and ruined his gig as the tavern's bard there. To say he was angry was a bit generous. Plus he was wet and tired, never a good combination.
Gregory Stone
 player, 68 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 11:51
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sarah d'Meisha:
"Nice battle cry."


Greg grins.  Thanks, wait til you hear Aliana swear.  He grins like a little kid.  It's obvious that Sister Aliana's childlike enthusiasm isn't a trait with which Greg is unfamiliar.

Once they've regrouped, Sister Aliana will heal any wounds, either with magic or good old-fashioned bandaging. 

When the power goes out, Greg will take out a mini flashlight in the shape of a blue lightsabre to help find candles.  He seems really bad at lighting them, so lets Chris and the others handle it.

When the game recommences:

Once they've gotten to a safe spot, Aliana will look over at the bard and say I'm sorry.  You were saying?
As if the interruption had been momentary instead of involving a deadly fight and flight from authorities.
Dan Rycov
 player, 47 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 12:02
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn looked over to Aliana with contempt. He had the urge to rend the elven head from her neck but then he'd probably get the same treatment from her mates. He held back his homicidal urges enough to answer her "I was saying that fighting would be a bad idea. Lovely to see we all pay attention rather than ignore me and get kicked out of the town" The sarcasm in his voice was thicker than the mud he was standing in, but he wondered if the priest still couldn't recognise it.

Dan laughed, he thought this terribly funny.
Gregory Stone
 player, 70 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 12:22
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana shruggs.  Don't worry, noble bard, it wasn't much of a town anyway.  Now, if you please, go ahead and share your information, and them maybe we can sneak back into town and talk to the people who tried to kill us.  Well, their bodies, anyway.

Sister Aliana, despite seeming to have the life-experience of a newborn sea cucumber, seems non-chalant about being chased out of town with proverbial torches and pitchforks, as if it's something that is to be expected when one travels.   Like over-prices continental breakfasts and filthy roadside bathrooms.

Greg grins as he examines his spell list.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 20 posts
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 13:34
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Might I remind you, Bard, that the fight started because someone was trying to end your singing with a bit of poisoned Mead."  Tizona says, easily recognizing the sarcasm in his voice.  The whole scene in the bar had been a great annoyance and it was almost insulting the way that this human was racting.  "In effect, we saved your life."

"Of course, Sister Aliana was having a great deal of fun and that is so refreshing.  Maybe we should just follow you for a little while and see how many more towns we can be chased out of.  Doesn't that sound like fun Aliana?"

Cassander grinned as he rolled his dice in the palm of one hand.  The game had been entertaining so far and he just grinned at everyone around the table.
Gregory Stone
 player, 71 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 03:30
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg smiles at Cassander, then nods modestly.
I'm glad you're entertained, sir.  I aim to please.

The cleric turns back to Tizona, her blue almond eyes blink a couple of times, then widen with scientific inspiration.

You know, that would be an interesting experiment, Tizona.  I'd be really interested to see the difference in various cities, by government types and perhaps even racial make up, how differently they would each drive out an unwanted element. 

Aliana takes out a sheet of parchment from her scroll case and starts making notes.
Dan Rycov
 player, 51 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 14:36
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan was smiling away still.

"Well thanks for that. I appreciate things like that" Kenjinn turned his hat upsidedown and a huge torrent of water was released from the massive area his hat takes up. He shoed a couple frogs out of it as well before putting it back on. At least it acted as an umbrella. "So I'm thinkin' maybe we should find some shelter?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 74 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 20:58
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana nods at the bard's suggestion, looking up from her writing.

Since you know the town, is there an abandoned structure nearby where we could continue out chat, or would you like  Alyissa and I to find or make shelter in the woods?
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 22 posts
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 21:15
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Or, those of us who decided to bring tents can use them."
Gregory Stone
 player, 75 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 21:41
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Aliana's eyes light up.

Oooh!  A tent!   That's very posh!   Let's set it up and settle in!

Aliana's experience with sleeping generally range from roughing it in the open under homemade shelters or sleeping indoors.  She's never been in a tent before.
Dan Rycov
 player, 52 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 13:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn thought of trying to pitch up a tent in this weather. "I'm pretty sure the only thing a tent would create is a giant water bucket. There was an old abandoned watchtower near here. There used to be a fierce gang of bandits, the Bloodgrem Bastard Clan, around here years ago and that tower was used as a defence installation. 'Course since bandits prefer stealth it wasn't much use" He says, thinking and draining water out of his hat. He points in a northeasterly direction. "It's over that way I think"
Cassander Miraz
 player, 22 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 16:03
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Perhaps this bandit camp would be a better option than a tent." Tizona says.

Cassander lowers his players book for a moment.  "Hey.  If Elves are the outdoorsy type, wouldn't they be used to sleeping outside?  Would they use a tent or just sleep out in the open?  Heh heh, sorry, just thinking out loud."
John Maxwell
 player, 26 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 16:26
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John nodded "Maybe but they may like to have a roof over their heads too. And a bandit 'fortress' would be more easily defendable then a camp in the woods." he replied to the question.

"Alyissia came up from behind the group after hiding their tracks. 'The bandit tower sounds like a good idea.' she added in."
Gregory Stone
 player, 78 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 20:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg nods to John.  I'm thinking that there's outdoorsy and then there's OUTDOORSY.   I think elves live more in harmony with nature, but that can mean simpler homes that blend in with the forest, more than sleeping in the bushes.   Aliana has a thing for sleeping outside, but that's probably more unusual, even for an elf.  She'd normally enjoy a night out in the open, but realizes that since the whole town seems to have gotten "really mean" towards them, that a more defensible position would be a good idea.

Maybe when we get there,She says We can try to figure out how much of the town in "in on" whatever just happened.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 23 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 20:21
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"That sounds reasonable.  I can't imagine elves wanting to sleep outside on a rainy night, maybe during a nice summer night."  Cassander nodded at the answer.

"A place that is easily defendable would be preferrable." Tizona says as she watches Alyissia go about her rangery stuff.  "I'm really curious why someone would be trying to kill our Bard friend.  Could it be that he knows more about what is going on than he's letting on or realizes?  I would suspect that there may be several more attempts on his life, and ours for that matter."
Dan Rycov
 player, 54 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 21:09
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan's a little confused. "I did say it was a tower to defend people AGAINST bandits, but whatever. Y'know, it's fine" He did seema little peeved.

Kenjinn smiled and regained his confidence. "Then let's get going shall we?" He said, and started walking off.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:16, Sun 05 Apr 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 79 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 21:20
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg looked at Dan and shrugged,  Any defense is better than none.  And just because it wasn't much good against stealthy bandits doesn't mean it won't be useful against maurading townsfolk.

Aliana walks with Kenjinn, providing protection at the front while the ranger walks rearguard, hiding the trail.

Storyteller
 GM, 24 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 22:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
As the party makes their way through the storm to the Tower, they can see its shadow in the distance.

As you draw even closer, however, you can see that the same symbol from the notes - the skull - has been engraved into the stone door.

Strangely enough, you cannot hear sounds coming from the tower but the earth beneath you.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:12, Sun 05 Apr 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 80 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 6 Apr 2009
at 05:58
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Aliana ducks her head down low to the ground, trying to listen.  With her ear close to the ground, she looks up at the bard.

Kenjinn, are their any dwarven mines near here?
Dan Rycov
 player, 55 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 06:22
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn looks at her with dubiousness. "...No?" He says in a tone to suggest as if she was being really stupid. 'Course there's no dwarven mines around here! None that he knows of anyway.
Gregory Stone
 player, 81 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 06:53
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana cocks her head, her eyes narrowing in concentration.


Then what's making that noise?  It sounds like it's coming from underground.

The elven cleric moves towards the tower, weapon drawn, to investigate.
Storyteller
 GM, 25 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 10:21
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
As you continue to play, you can hear odd sounds coming from somewhere outside in the storm.

At least that's where they have to be coming from. It's silly to think that these two are coming from beneath the ground.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 23 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 11:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"... You rig up a sound system or something?"

Sarah chuckles, listening to the noises.
Dan Rycov
 player, 56 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 11:14
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Probably just branches snapping off or something" Dan says, looking down on his chatacter sheet.

Kenjinn grips his Shikomizue cane and follows Aliana.
Gregory Stone
 player, 82 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 11:47
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg looks out at the storm, a look of concern on his face.  After a moment's thought, he's satisfied that he remembered to roll the windows in his beat-up used car all the way up.  Turning to Chris, he says,
Chris, if you need help making sure all your windows are closed, let me know.  It'd be annoying for you to have rain get into the house.

He turns back to his sheet too.
Sister Aliana has a torch with a "Continual Light" spell cast on it.   She'll pull that out, holding it in her off hand, to better illuminate the tower enterence, especially for the weak eyed humans.
He looks as Dan and Sarah, feigning a look of condescending sympathy for their human "frailties".  Then grins and turns back to the DM.

She's got her sword in her main hand, ready to enter the tower, muttering a quick prayer to Fharlanghn as she enters, seeking his blessing.   

Greg looks to the "heavens".
Great Celestial Traveler, please guide us to safe haven from the storm, so that we may continue to wander the land to our heart's content.

Greg looks back at Chris.
This isn't an actual spell, mind you, just a prayer from a devoted follower.
Storyteller
 GM, 26 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 07:45
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Sound system? Nah, probably some of those young'uns fooling around outside"

The door isn't locked at all. In fact, it is easily swings open when the party tries. Aliana's torch illuminates the inside of the tower, which seems to be empty. A winding stair case leads up to the top of the tower. A trap door leads down, and you can hear those same strange noises.

On the floor, however, strange runes have been engraved deep into the stone.

"Like the ones on this coin"
Chris adds, showing it around before tossing it back onto the table.
Dan Rycov
 player, 57 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 10:50
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Ooh, convenient!" Dan says, sort of impressed and patronising at the same time.

Kenjinn moves over to see the two pathways. One up to the top and down to the bottom. "I say we take the staircase, the basements always have something horrifying and mind cracking"
Storyteller
 GM, 27 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 11:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Suddenly the tower shakes.

Suddenly the house shakes.

"What the-?" Chris exclaims, as the table nearly falls and dice slide off in every direction.

There is a flash of lightining, which illuminates the entire room and blinds you. When it settles, you are in the tower.

Another flash, and you are back in Chris's house.

Before you can even yell out "WTF?!", there is a third flash.

You are back in the tower, although this time a fourth flash does not come, leaving you here.


OOC: Que transformations @ your desired pace!
Dan Rycov
 player, 58 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 11:54
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"GAH!" Dan cried out as the blinding lights... blinded him, for lack of better word. After their flashing had subsided he looked around. As his vision returned he noticed he was not in the room with a bunch of other peope anymore. Rather, he was in some sort of cold, circular stone room with a staircase and a trapdoor. He was befuddled at this recent acid trip as it seemed.

He wondered what was in that dragon candle wax as he ran his hands through his hair, but instead touched a hat. He wasn't wearing a hat, neither one this large. It looked very familiar, with two huge feathers coming out from both sides... like his drawing of Kenjinn. He suddenly felt hisclothing and realised he was in some sort of travelling clothing with a large cloak with a guitar, a bow and a quiver on his back.

"..." He was lost for words for the moment and probably temporarily passing out, though soon it would subside.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 24 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 12:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"... the fuck?!?"

Sarah jumps up and looks around confused.

"This... what the hell is going on here?"

She glances down, noticing that she's dressed in Silene's outfit.

"Gah!"
Gregory Stone
 player, 83 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 12:16
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg looked around confusedly.    Not only was he standing now, but he was holding two heavy objects in his hands.  Looking at them quickly, he was amazed to see that one was a sword!   The other was a....BRIGHT LIGHT!!!

AAAHHHH!!!!    he yelled, having accidentally looked directly into the continual light torch.
He started to blink rapidly and shake his head to clear it, but froze, a bewildered look on his face.

Aaaaahhhhh.   Ah.  AHHH!  What the hell was wrong with his voice?  Of was it his ears.  Maybe his ears popped or something, because his voice sounded almost like the princess character in "Enchanted", the one Amy Adams played.  He looked around, his vision clearing, noticing the circular walls around them.

Guys, what the hell just ha.......  SON OF A.... !    His voice still sounded like some Disney princess.  He looked around for a place to set down the crap he was holding (being sure this time not to look at the light in his hand), when he noticed that his arms were covered in somekind of linen tunic shirt, with a chain mail shirt over them.  He followed the arm from the strangely slender hands down to his chest........

GUH????   His mouth hung open stupidly.   Was this chain mail thing really rumpled, or did he have.....

He brought his hands to his chest.  Since they were full, he turned them and pressed the underside of his wrists into the two lumps he saw before him..

squish, squish......squish, squish.

The sword and torch fell to the stone floor with a clatter, as the elf maiden's knees gave out and she sat heavily onto her slender backside, mouth still open widely, large almond shaped eyes focused on nothing.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:18, Thu 09 Apr 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 59 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 12:59
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"GAH!" Dan, or rather Kenjinn now, yelped hearing some high pitched cry of a woman. He looked over and saw a girl in chainmail on her knees... fondling her chest. He blinked a few times.

Yep, she was fondling her chest.

Dan wondered if he'd fallen into some sort of heaven for a second but realised the woman looked like those pictures of elves from the D&D books, except like Greg's character. Plus she was holding Aliana's items; the sword and the glowing stick.

Wait... if he was dressed like Kenjinn and was standing in a circular, stone tower with... 4 other people, 3 of them female elves and another female human, then. "Fuck... no..." He said as everything suddenly fit into place.

OOC: Why am I the only one with a male character?

This message was last edited by the player at 12:59, Thu 09 Apr 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 84 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 13:17
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Looking around, Greg realized that a man in a freakishly large hat was watching her as she held her two "discoveries".
The elf immediately dropped her hands two her sides and her pale elven face glowed with a scarlet blush that was visible even in the gloom of the shadowy tower.
The woman tries to work her mouth into words several times, perhaps to apologize for her seemingly scandalous behavior, then stops, blue eyes focusing on the man's hat.

Wait.   You're ..... Kenjinn, right?  Or is it  Dan?   Please tell me it's Dan, and that I'm not the only  person who's having this hallucination right now.






OOC:  Well, gender TF was the main reason I came to this game, personally.   Granted, I was niavely assuming that Aliana would be one of the only race/gender changes.   Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what would have made me think that.   It's actually kind of amusing that we got THREE elven female characters.   If I hadn't been looking forward to playing Sister Aliana so much, I might have considered changing to something else, just for variety's sake.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:18, Thu 09 Apr 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 60 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 13:29
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
He was still rather at a loss for words and slightly hungry until Greg... or rather Aliana spoke up. Or is it Greliana now? He thought to himself, missing her blush. He turns bck to her from his musings and sheepishly replies "Yeah... it's Dan... or whoever the hell I am now" He says in a disheartened tone like he just ran a mile nonstop.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 25 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 14:54
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sarah looks over at the two.

"Uhh... I'm Sarah..."
Gregory Stone
 player, 85 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 19:41
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg looked away from Dan the bard and Sarah the rogue, feeling a little emotionally overloaded.  Her eyes fell onto her sword.   She picked it up, trying not to dwell on the slender, almost delicate looking hand holding it.  She also gritted her teeth when she noticed the long blonde hair that fell past her face as she picked it up.

The sword was breathtakingly beautiful.
Elven-made. She murmured.
It was so polished and shiny that........ she could see her reflection.

She brought her other hand to the alien looking face, the non-human face that she saw there.    Her eyes had an almost Asian look to them, but were larger than humanly possible.  Her face was so smooth.   Her cheeks and chin hadn't felt this hairless since she was a child.   She even looked at her hand, then back at the reflection, still not quite believing that she could actually be the image reflected in the shiny sword blade.

The elven woman laughs a little, the sound of it coming out as more of a hysterical giggle.
She looks at Dan, trying to control the manic laughter.


Can I safely assume that this doesn't happen every week, or that this isn't some REALLY elaborate prank the "haze" the new guy?

A tear forms in one of the big, blue eyes, giving the impression that "Aliana" desperately hopes that the answer to the second question is "yes".

This message was last edited by the player at 08:47, Mon 13 Apr 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 25 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 21:04
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander had remained quiet while the others talked.  At first he thought that maybe something had happened when the lights went out, he hit his head or maybe someone had spiked the Dew, but the physical sensations creeping through him dispelled those ideas.  He could feel the cool air around his legs, the feel of the silken material against his skin, the cold metal of rings and armlets and a body that felt odd.  Whatever happened was either real or a damn impressive fantasy.

He couldn't help but stare at the others in the beginning.  To suddenly find yourself surrounded by Elves, rather Elven women, was unsettling to say the least regardless of how attractive they were.  There was only one man in the group, and it sounded like they were their characters, and it occured to Cassander then that if everyone had turned into their characters then...

He slowly looked down at his own body, almost hesitant to see if the same thing had happened to him.  His appearance now could in now stretch of the imagination be called manly.  His arms were thinner, his hands more delicate looking than they had been before.

Unlike the cleric, Cassander wasn't wearing any armor over his chest, just a little bit of silken material which did nothing to conceal the two breasts that were proudly proclaiming his new gender.  It might have been a trick of the light but they sure felt real.  His hands flowed down from his chest feeling the contours that he did not have previously.  His bare midsection tapered in before expanding out into a pair of womanly hips that were hardly hidden beneath a long, low riding skirt that was slit up the sides, revealing two well toned legs.

Still not sure if he was holding his breath or not, Cassander reached up to feel a his ears had lengthened slightly and now ended in pointed tips.  They were even pierced.  His hair had grown out with a vengeance, easily spilling out over his shoulders and down his back.

"Whoa." It was all that he could say, as he pulled the travelling cloak tight around himself.  Maybe he should have drawn Tizona wearing a little more clothing.  "This is...er...different. Uhm...guys.  Any idea what's going on?"  Even his voice had changed, taking on a higher pitch.
Gregory Stone
 player, 86 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 21:22
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg looked over at the exotically beautiful elven woman (well, she amended, the OTHER exotically beautiful elven....  she sighed inwardly.  Well shit, ONE of the other exotically.....aw forget it).
Um.... I take it from all of  your expressions that the answer is "no" then?
Alright, which of the "elves" is she?  No armor, so probably the sorceress, which means Cassander.
Wait!  Wouldn't it be cool if the "spell casters" of the group would actually do real magic?
She shook her head mentally.  Idiot!  Things are weird enough without making it weirder!

Looking around at everyone, something else occured to her.
Whoa.  I don't need my glasses anymore.   
Having 20/20 vision (possibly even better) for the first time in almost ten years was, in some ways, the strangest change yet.

Thinking furiously (though her panicked mind was in kind of a holding pattern), Greg asked:

Wait, is Chris here?    CHRIS!!!!!!  She yelled, trying not to wince at how the volume and acoustics made her voice sound even more "princessy".
Storyteller
 GM, 28 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 22:24
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Strangely enough, Chris is not here, but you can almost still here his last words.

The entire tower is shaking, and the storm outside seems to have reached a crescendo, perhaps even the strength of a hurricane. Luckily you took shelter inside the tower, although these shakes do not give much faith in its stability.
Dan Rycov
 player, 62 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 23:00
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan was still a little gapperflasted, but more believing now. Thank god for my indication to play a male human. Too bad for the others, apart from the girls mostly He thought as he stood back up from his slumping. He took a deep breath and was weary of the tower shaking. "Ok, let's get this in prespective. We've all somehow just turned into our characters, correct? And Chris was the DM so he didn't have a character. He's probably some osrt of aloof sky god now, the prick... ahem, but yeah this is comepletely insane and crazy" He said quite calmly with a slightly worried expression.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 26 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2009
at 00:54
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Are you suggesting that we pray to Chris?" Cassander asked a little incredulously.  "I'm not sure whether to laugh at that or..."

Thunder roared through the sky and the building shook as though it feared the noise.  "This never happened in any of our other games.  Of course it has to happen when I decide to play my elven sorceress."  Cassander pulled back the cloak enough to get a look at what it hid and sighed.  "I should've drawn her with more clothes." he muttered a little embarassed and pulled the cloak tight once more.  "At least I gave her a cloak."

"So what do we do now?  Sit around and wait for all of us to wake up?  What did everyone remember before we...er...became our characters?"  He thought for a moment, glancing at the swords and bardish instruments before continuing.  "I wonder how much of our characters we've inherited?  Do we have any of their skills I wonder?  Try playing something Dan."
Dan Rycov
 player, 63 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 10 Apr 2009
at 01:07
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Huh? Oh yeah" he exclaimed and unbuttoned the guitar from it's strap. He held it aloft and thought of a song. He unthinkingly then began to play 'Tribute' by Tenacious D. "Kickass!" He exclaimed as he rocked out on the guitar. "Lets see if you can do some magic! That should be awesome!"
Gregory Stone
 player, 88 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 10 Apr 2009
at 12:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg nodded at Dan and Cassander's idea, being both reassured and depressed that the other players seemed as bewildered as she was....he was?     Crap on a Crap Cracker!   This was getting confusing already.

I was just wondering myself if we'd inherited more than our character's appearances.   
Greg sighed, then winced as how cute it sounded.
Damn it, I've been waiting to play this character for almost two years now, and now I wished I'd brought out my 6'6" halberd swinging fighter instead.
Greg leaped lightly to her feet.    She was about to say something else, then blinked in realization.  She jumped up and down a couple of times, then side to side, her dainty feet in their doeskin boots moving back and forth in what appeared to be some kind of agility test for athletes.  She then does some deep knee bends and raises up on one foot and balances effortlessly.

She stopped, then looked astonished and unbearably happy at the same time.
This is.... amazing.   I mean, I'm still completely weirded out, don't get me wrong, but I just might be in the best physical condition of my life!   I think that even when I was on the High School Cross Country team, that I wasn't in such good shape!  My stomach hasn't been this flat since high school either.
This last is said very self-depracatiingly, said with a somewhat depressed sigh as Greg remembersed the extra twenty pounds that he could never lose.   Greg feels his newly flattened stomach in amazement.   Unfortunately, he looks down at it without thinking, which only reminds him of his other changes, like his very un-flattened chest.

Greg quickly drops her hand in embarrassment, and speaks again, eager to change the subject.

Um....yeah, magic.  Ok, let's see.......
She grasps the wooden disk that she's wearing around her neck.    The disk is about two inches across and has a small, slender cresent, laying on its side, round side up, over a slightly curved line.
A holy symbol to Fharlanghn, the God of Travel.
She thinks about the spells that she wrote on her character sheet.  She gasps a bit as the knowledge of every spell she'd "memorized" instantly comes to her mind.   Usually Greg always forgot these things and had to constantly keep reviewing the character sheet.  Now, however, the knowledge of Sister Aliana's magic was almost burned indelibly into her mind's eye.

What spell should she cast?  Most of the spells seemed lame or useless right now.  Most were combat spells or spells to gain knowledge.    Nothing that would be visible without causing damage.

Wait!   Fharlanghn was the God of Travel, so his clerics had access to certain spells that were travel related but not normally obtained by clerics.    Like........ NO!   It wouldn't be possible.  Would it?
While prudence and common sense would seem to lend itself to trying a minor spell first, Greg searches his new memory for the correct words and gestures to cast one of his most powerful spells.
A spell normally only granted to wizard-types, like Cassander, but granted to Fharlanghn's faitful by their loving God.
Their God?  Wait..... Greg's god?

NO!!!   Don't think about that!   Just cast the spell.   It's magic, with magic words and gestures.
It was like eating a hot dog.  Don't think about the source.

Her large blue eyes seeming to focus on nothing for a few seconds, Greg spoke.
Great Wanderer, please grant your humble servant your permission to take her leave of the confines of the earthly path.

The  words seem to ring with power, and the plain, almost crude wooden disk seems to sparkle, for just a second.
Then taking a deep breath, the blonde elf maiden lifted her graceful hands to the heavens.......

...... and lifted off the ground.      Greg gasped in amazement as she drifted up towards the ceiling.  Her blonde head lightly bonked the ceiling before she shifted her attention from what she was doing to where she was going.
Her face takes on a rapturous look of ecstacy and tears of joy fill her eyes.  She looks down at the others and says, quite unneccessarily:

Guys..... I'm....I'm FLYING!
Cassander Miraz
 player, 27 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2009
at 22:40
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander watched Greg float up off the ground, astonished.  "That's...that's amazing..." he said.  No matter what craziness had befallen them this day, seeing Greg floating in the air makes everything else unimportant.  Forget the storm raging around them, forget the fact that they were no longer in Chris' basement and forget about the clothing that was barely concealing Cassander's elven form.  Greg was flying, well floating but it was the same thing in that instant and he felt a little envious of what the Elven cleric was able to do.

Cassander dropped his gaze to his own hands.  Slender and delicate looking, with decided feminine colouring on the nails, but suddenly full of potential.  If Greg could float by invoking his god as a cleric, could Cassander use the inate magic that Sorcerers used?  The theory was sound.  Dan could sing and play, Greg could float.

"Yeah." he said softly as a smile spread across his face.  "Let's try some magic."

Cassander shook out his arms and tried to think of some spell to use.  He hadn't memorized any of the spells in the Players Book but there were a few that he remembered.  Most were combat spells but tossing around lightning or fireballs didn't seem like a good idea at the current moment.  "Maybe a spell of light..."

Now how does this all work? he thought.  According to the description of the class, magic was something innate to Sorcerers, not memorized like Wizards.  It was part of them.  Cassander closed his eyes and concentrated.  He could feel something, a thin line that felt ticklish with arcane power.  He thought about what he wanted to do, and reached out to let the power flow.

As the invisible power began to flow through him, Cassander grasped it and shaped it into what he desired.  It was a bit of a rush, and his smile grew more enjoyable.  He raised his hands out in front of him and energy sparkled between his fingers, leaping into the air between his hands.  The energy crackled and gathered into three small globes that lit up the  area around him.  Like a puppeteer, Cassander directed the globes, swirling them through the air and around hmself.

"Oh I could grow to like this."  His first time casting magic and he was loving it.
Dan Rycov
 player, 64 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 10 Apr 2009
at 23:14
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Ah what a gip, you guys can fly and shoot fire, and all I can do is play the guitar" He said with a slightly down impression. "But then again, I'm a hell of a lot better with weapons than all of you" He laughed.

Then a thought struck him. This was inside the D&D game assumingly. So there would also be lots of things from D&D in it. Like killer mosnters and deadly traps! Crap! What happens with health in this world!? We could cast magic and use special skills, so maybe the health was the same as well. Even so, what happens if you die here? Do we get out? Or do we... die? For real die?

These thoughts sent a shiver up his spine, even more of a shiver than Cassander would get from her single cloth clothing protecting her/him from the cold. Then again, ressurection was possible in D&D wasn't it? Maybe it'd be alright, we better hope it does.

Dan turned back to the others. "So now that we've established we're either inside the D&D game or having a very real collective hallucination, what are we supposed to do? You guys have a spell that can send us back?" he asked the two estatic sorceresses.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Fri 10 Apr 2009.

Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 26 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2009
at 23:22
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sarah watches the demonstration of magical might with a slight bit of envy.

"Why did I come here with a rogue and not some sort of spellcaster... that looks so cool..."
Cassander Miraz
 player, 28 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2009
at 00:08
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"I'm sure that you've got some mad pick pocketing skills, Sarah.  I'd say you could try them out but I'm not even wearing enough cloth to have pockets." Cassander said to Sarah with a smirk.  He settled the glowing balls of light into the middle of their camp and stepped to the side.  He smoothed his travelling cloak beneath him as he found a rock to sit upon.

Cassander rested his chin in the palm of his hand as he thought for a moment.  "I think that there were some dimensional travel spells in the Players book, but I only glanced at them.  I don't know if I could cast something like that...safely.  And if I do manage to cast something that could get us home, how do we know if we'll end up back as our normal selves?  I suppose that I could try a polymorph spell but that's only temporary."
Gregory Stone
 player, 89 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 11 Apr 2009
at 11:44
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
From near the ceiling, Greg is grinning from ear to ear.   Actual tears of joy run down the beautiful elven face.  She laughs giddily, joy seeming to shine from every pore in her body.
She looks down at them.

I don't know about you being better with weapons, Dan.   Sister Aliana is pretty good with the traditional elven longsword and longbow.   I even managed to roll some really good stats.   
Still smiling, as if unable to stop, she chuckles.

I'm 5'5" and weigh 110 lbs soaking wet, but I'm stronger, faster  and tougher than I've been in my entire life, except for maybe when I was on the high school wrestling team.   I could probably still give you a run for you money!  She giggles like a little kid at a Hanna Montana concert.
God!!!  I wish this spell would never end!   I've always dreamed about being able to fly, but it's even better than I possibly could have imagined.

The new elven cleric swings her arms and flies across the room, still in the standing position, looking more like a figure skater than anything else.

She sees Cassander's magic and applauds, her eyes seeming to light up with even more joy.
That's AWESOME!!!!    Well done, Cassander!   Sweet Mary, Mother of Herman Munster, this is SOOOOO  frakkin' cool!!!

Dan's other comment seems to filter into her overloaded brain, eventually.

Um.... dimensional travel spell?   It's been a while since I've read through the Player's Handbook, but I remember the Plane Shift spell.  It's a 5th level spell, though, so I'll need to be at least four levels higher to cast it.  That's a lot of monsters that I'd have to kill!
She laughs as she says it, but as soon as the phrase "have to kill" leaves her lips, the elf seems to lose all expression.

It's painfully obvious that despite the joy of flight, the reality of where they were had come crashing back.   With the same dazed but troubled expression on her face, Greg begins drifting back down to the floor.  Whether the descent is on purpose or not is unknown.   She sinks like a helium balloon with a slow leak, finally landing gently on the stone floor.

Oh god.   You're right.  Oh GOD!   
The fey features of her face become striken with panic.
SHIT!!!!!   What are we gonna do?!?!?   Um....
Greg seems like he's trying to think of something, her large eyes darting from side to side, looking at nothing in particular.  Her melodious voice sounds strained with fear.
Would ..... would a "Dispel Magic" spell work?   I just don't know.  I don't even have one memorized.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow at dawn and then I can pray for more.....
Greg's legs seem to give out again, and she sinks to her knees, with a jingle of metal from her chain shirt.
P-pray?
She says the word with great hesitation, as if she's forgotten what it means.
Gregory Stone
 player, 90 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 08:58
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
The elf maiden takes a series of deep, steadying breaths, stopping only when she seemed on the verge of hyperventilation.

What..... what do we do now?   D-do we "complete the quest"?  If we find the missing elf princess, or whatever, will that fix everything.  Is this some freaky "Dream Park" kinda thing?
Her voice, still sweet and melodious, trembled with barely controlled terror.

Leaping lightly to her feet.  She began pacing.
Crap.  crap. crap. crap. crap. CRAP!!!!!

The dainty looking cleric strode to the main door, throwing it open and looking out into the storm.  She looked defiantly into the night, as if the storm was a living entity.  And, someone who was working hard to piss EVERYONE off.
Dan Rycov
 player, 65 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 13:59
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan stepped back a bit from Greg's paniced rampage of emotions and gave him a wide girth. He slowly turned back to the other members of the group. "...Right, inculding from Greg's... let's say 'input' we do have a few options before us"

Dan smiled. He often had good experience with getting perspective on things and setting out plans on whatever needed planning. "Far as I can tell none of us have any spells to return home, and even if we did we have no idea of how to return home anyway. I've seen more than enough movies about teleportation to know that screwing around with often leaves you sliced in half" He gulped at the thought.

"I don't know about you, but the quest seems pretty arbitrary now. Our main goal is to get back, not rescue some princess. First we'd need to find someone of great magical power or insight to help us. We can't go back to the previous town due to our 'hijinks' so we'll need to find another place to get information on where to find a smart sorcerer" He closed his eyes for this part and put his hand on his chin.

"For now we should wait 'til the rain dies down. Anyone else wanna throw something in while we wait?" He asked anyone and everyone.
John Maxwell
 player, 27 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:27
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John came in from the outside, dripping wet and covered in mud. It looked like she had fallen face first, though she had managed to clear most of it off and the rain had helped. She had already had to deal with the abrupt changes to herself and luckily unlike the other elves she had worn a decent amount of clothes though they still were rather form fitting, so her figure could still easily been seen even if her skin couldn't. "Alright... anyone want to explain to me what the hell is goin' on?" the elf asked, though her voice was slightly lower and more mature than the 'princessy' voices of the other two elves. Obviously she wasn't in the best of moods.

((OOC: Sorry guys I've been away and haven't been around the net enough to make a good post. Just assume John's been finishing covering their tracks, though you can ask if you want.))

This message was last edited by the player at 14:34, Mon 13 Apr 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 66 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:33
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"We've all turned into our D&D characters, we are freaked out and exhalted by our newfound abilities and powers, all the men (apart from me) are now women, all the women are now larger chested (enevitable in D&D) and we are brainstorming ideas. That's pretty much it" He quickly relays to John, hoping he caught all that.

Dan really hated to repeat things.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 27 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:37
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sarah raises an eyebrow at Dan.

"Speak for yourself."

She glances outside.

"No matter what we decide to do, I dont think its a good idea to head out into that. Let's rest for a while, maybe if we sleep, we'll find that this is just some freaky shared dream..."
John Maxwell
 player, 28 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:40
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, it was obvious she had a 'that wasn't what I meant' look on her face. She paused for a moment surprised that her glasses had disappeared then shook her head because that was also something she already knew so shouldn't be surprised. "Ooookay." she said trying not to snap at Dan, she was more shocked and pissed than she appeared though she hid it well, appearently those years in theater hadn't been for nothing "Care to tell me what any of those bright ideas are?"
Dan Rycov
 player, 67 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:44
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Shared dreams are highly unlikely, plus do you really want to sleep here? In the world of D&D? In the wild?" He asked her dubiously. "It's not too bright of an idea to me. We should sleep at an inn, where we'll be safer from the monsters of the wild"
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 28 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:47
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"And, how far away is the nearest inn? And do we even know where it is?"
Cassander Miraz
 player, 29 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:49
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander straightened up on his rock and crossed his legs at the knee.  He looked over at John, crossing his arms under his chest in a thoughtful manner.  "That's just what we're trying to figure out.  Magical means from Greg or myself are probably out.  There are just too many unknowns.  We'd probably end up stuck in some other dimension or plane of existence."

He was surprisingly calm, given what had happened.  It might just be that he was still on a bit of a magic high.  "Going outside in a storm doesn't make much sense.  I'm not too interested in finding out if Elves can catch cold.  Maybe in the morning we can figure something out.  Pray to the gods or try and divine our purpose, or find another town."

He, or rather she, there was no point denying it, looked around at her companions.  "Do you think that there might be some reason for this happening?  Maybe we are the only ones who can rescue the Princess.  I mean it could all be an accident too."
Dan Rycov
 player, 68 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:51
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan looked a little sheepish. "Uh, err... That does pose the main problem with that course of action" He rubbed his head a little in shame. Sarah had a resounding point, and lumbering around in the rain... in the dark, was even less smart than sleeping in an old tower.

A thought struck him. "Hold on; I introduced this tower for the sake of plot..." He said, seemingly in thought about this.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 29 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 14:53
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Hm."

Sarah glances around the room, judging it...
Cassander Miraz
 player, 30 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 15:28
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Sounds like we're camping out here then.  Who wants first watch?"

"Unless of course Dan's Tower is more dangerous than it looks."
Gregory Stone
 player, 91 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 13 Apr 2009
at 18:18
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
As Greg stared out into a storm, she gave a embarrassingly girlish squeak of alarm when the muddy, wet figure seemed to loom up out of the storm.  When she saw it was a beautiful elven woman, she almost laughed.
"Hmmmmm.... a hot elven chick.  The odds are good that she's with us".   She was, of course.
Greg stumbled back out of the new woman's way (hmmm...swords, bow, armor, must be a ranger, which means Alyissa. Or rather, John.
Or at least Greg would have stumbled if he had backed up that awkwardly yesterday.  Her elven reflexes made the most jerky movements seem almost like.....dancing.

Greg stayed by the door, trying to gather his thoughts, and calm a possible panic attack.
"Dammit, you spineless loser!  Calm the HELL down!   I know you're not the bravest person in the world, but you've never had an actual panic attack, and you're NOT going to start now.

The cleric walked back into the group, having gotten a hold of himself (herself?) enough to actually participate in the conversation.

She takes a deep, steadying breath, although the entire room can hear the quivering of the intake of air, and the still-present tremble of the newest player's voice as he speaks.

Um...uh...ok, well.   
Taking another breath, Greg tries again.
Leaving tonight to run around in the storm is a BAD idea.  We can all agree on that.  This place seems pretty water-tight, at least for one night, so I say we wait out the night, or at least the storm, here.   

The elven gave a laugh, seemed to wince at how pretty it was, then shook her head and plowed onward.
She took another deep breath and began talking quickly, as if she thought she'd lose her nerve if she slowed down.

Um...Cassander.  Cassander, right?   Crap, I was just learning everyone's names and now we all look different.
Anyway, does your sorceress have the spell "Prestidigitation" ?   That would be useful to help John clean up from the storm.   Trying to sleep in wet clothes is probably not going to be the  most restful sleep.  Although I think I've got spare clothes if you don't.

Greg almost laughed, thinking to himself "Criminy!  I've been a woman for less than ten minutes and I'm already sharing
clothes with my 'girlfriends'.   The stereotypical action would have been much funnier if this had still been the real game, instead of.... whatever this was.

Also, I can take first watch.  I'm too wired to sleep now, anyway, and besides, I've got this:
Greg held up a slender hand, showing off a slightly glowing ring on her left middle finger.  It was light green stone and seemed to pulse with a life of its own.

If other magic works, this should be a Ring of Sustenance.   It means that I don't really have to eat and I only need two hours of sleep a night.   I don't know if it will actually WORK, but it makes me a good voluteer for first watch.  Unless anyone wants to explore the tower, to make sure we are  truly alone here?  I would vote to hold off on that til morning, but knowing what to expect might not be a bad idea. 

Greg looked around at the group, sheepishly.
Guys, I'm sorry I freaked out.   I'm probably not done freaking out, granted, but I'm going to try to hold it together until we get out of here.  THEN I'm going to scream for about a week.
She attempted a weak smile.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 31 posts
Tue 14 Apr 2009
at 03:55
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander stood up and walked over to Greg, giving the other elf a comforting embrace.  It just seemed like a good idea at the time.  "Don't worry too much about it Greg." she said soothingly.  "This is strange for all of us and I'm not that far behind you with the freaking out.  The important thing is that we keep our heads on straight."

Cassander gave Greg a reassuring smile as she continued. "And this feels really odd right now." she says referring to the hug that she was giving.  Cassander unwrapped his arms from around Greg and took a few steps back.  "Well, I'm all for checking out this tower.  There might be a better place for us to bed down.  Dan?  This is your creation.  Any thoughts?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 92 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 14 Apr 2009
at 04:27
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg grinned back, snickering a little.

Yeah, it felt weird to me too, but thanks just the same.  Weird or not, a hug from a friend was just what I needed.

Actually, the hug had felt very good, but not, well, good.  The embrace was very comforting and reassuring, but getting hugged by a stunning elven woman, even if he used to be a man, should have felt, well, better.
Instead, comforting or not, it felt more to Greg like she was getting hugged by her mother or a female cousin.  Kind of what she imagined getting hugged by a sister would feel like.  What did that mean?   No!  Don't think about that now.  Maybe they'll be out of here soon and you won't have to think about what it might mean.

Taking another deep breath, trying to ignore the effect it seemed to have on her new chest, Greg looked at Dan.

Um...ok, I've got more...well, magic spells and stuff that might help us.  Um, finding traps, silence, dispeling magic, that kind of thing.   

Suddenly, Greg stops talking, the blonde elf's eyes narrowing in concentration.
Actually, IS this tower your creation?  I mean, it kinda depends on how we got here, doesn't it.  If this is all some sort of creation made just for us, then the tower might be everything that Dan was thinking it might be when we were....moved.   
Greg's face screws up in anger, but she seems to force herself into calm and pushes on.
However, if, for example, we somehow "switched places" with real people in a real other world, then this tower could be, well, anything, and totally separate for Dan's "vision" of "an old tower we can hide in". 

As Greg looks around, it occurs that "over-thinking" might do more harm then good.  Greg smiles sheepishly.


Sorry, too many nights reading Chronicles of Amber and watching sci-fi shows.  Didn't mean to "muddy the waters" there, everyone.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:28, Tue 14 Apr 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 69 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 14 Apr 2009
at 04:42
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan sat down on the floor and thought about this, beinging his hands up to his head and putting his index fingers on either side of his temple. He sort of looked like what people do to make fun of 'psychic' powers.

"Only one way to find out!" He said and concentrated on the image of the tower containing a few chairs to see if reality would bend to the will of his player mind.
Gregory Stone
 player, 93 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 14 Apr 2009
at 05:02
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg almost laughed at Dan's attempt to "visualize" the tower.
She thought,  "Did he really think that it was possible to...."
Then she glanced down at her chest briefly and looked quickly back up, pressing her lips tightly together in frustration.
"Then again, it's not like stranger things haven't already happened". she mused.

Silently. Greg waited, realizing there was nothing to lose in trying.
After a second or two, Greg's gamer instincts kicked in and the elf began going around the room, looking for anything they'd missed in their first inspection.  They  had been a bit distracted, after all.
Storyteller
 GM, 29 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 01:31
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
The tower suddenly shakes, causing you all to flinch.

When you look back, there are several poorly made chairs sitting in the centre of the room.

As Greg looks around the tower, he initially sees nothing new but the trapdoor and the stairs. Then, carved into the wall, are the words 'Save the Princess'.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 30 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 01:35
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"... Well, if that isnt a DM message, nothing is. Guess you were right, he IS a god now."

Sarah chuckles.
Gregory Stone
 player, 94 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 01:40
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
I don't understand.....do we.... sit down?   and what?  finish the game?

Greg was feeling even more overwhelmed by the strangeness.   So, it WAS about the game.  The DID have to "save the princess" to return home.  Hopefully.

After thinking he was done being an emotional wreck, Greg felt tears come to her large eyes.
At least you could have asked us first.  God Damn It!!!!
The elven cleric yells the last part.    She walks to a chair, but instead of sitting down, stares at it like it were a beartrap.
Dan Rycov
 player, 70 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 01:56
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan stares at the chairs for a bit, wide-eyed and suprised at his newfound power to wish things into existance. He gets a great grin and laughs in happiness "HAHA! I don't believe it! Since this world was born from our collective imainations, we can reshape it using them" He suddenly realises how much that makes absolutely no sense but doesn't care, can shape existance and that is the best superpower in the history of superpowers.

He walks over to Greg and tells... her "Come on man, if we can shape the universe with our minds, we can save some princess. Then we can get back home"
Gregory Stone
 player, 95 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 02:12
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg's beautiful elven eyes blink in confusion at Dan.

Wait!  ......YOU made the chairs?   But, ok, that's COOL, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't make sense that we can control EVERYTHING.   I mean, if this is still the game, then that wouldn't be a very balanced game.....would it?

Greg shakes her head, he was so confused.  Granted, seeing long blonde hair moving past her shaking head didn't help.   The elf looks up.


So, now what?  Do we imagine that the princess is in this very tower and go beat up the skeleton guards, or something?   Do we "imagine" that the room upstairs is filled with powerful magic stuff to let us find her and rescue her?
John Maxwell
 player, 29 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 02:19
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John shook her head. "I doubt that was you doing anything Dan. Most likly the GM.. or god... was responding to you. Like when you don't see anything until you make a spot check." she began to look around "If we became our character then Chris would have become the god like figure that pulls our characters... and now our, strings." she said with her depressing thought.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 32 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 02:42
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander strides over to the chairs, and runs a delicate hand along the back on one.  The chairs felt very real.  She knew that she should be feeling freaked out about all of this but it was all really fascinating when she thought about it.  "I have to tell you, Greg." she said looking over at the elven cleric.  "I'm feeling that sisterly urge to hug you again, even moreso when you look like you're on the verge of tears."

She cocked her attractive head to the side, as though she were studying her own reaction.  "It's kind of an interesting feeling.  I wonder if it's an elven thing.  We didn't establish anything between our characters, before the game started so I wonder just where this is coming from."

Cassander walks along behind another chair, once more running her fingers along its back.  Her thoughts weren't really on the chairs but on the situation that they found themselves in.
Gregory Stone
 player, 96 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 03:07
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg winces at having her damp eyes noticed and hurriedly wipes them.
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be....so....
She sniffs.
I was always kind of emotional, even as....(sigh) even as a man.  I used to cry a lot as a kid.  I was very immature for my age.  I THOUGHT I was over it by now. 

She looks at Cassander, almost shyly and shrugs.
I have to admit.  I wouldn't say no to another "sisterly hug".
She chuckles for a second.
I know we never bothered to do backstory, for I kind of had one, when I found out after making my character that you guys made elven women too.   Believe it or not, I was assuming that Tizona and especially Alyissa would kind of "take Sister Aliana" under thier wings, since she's been in the temple most of her life.

She gives an embarrassed laugh.
kind of stupid, huh?
Cassander Miraz
 player, 33 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 03:35
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander smiled as her eyes met Gregs, before she dropped her gaze to the top of a chair.  She paused for a moment before gliding around the chairs to put a reassuring hand on Gregs shoulder.  "It's not that stupid.  Really.  I can see Tizona in that role.  Maybe that's why I'm feeling what I am."

Cassander pulled Greg to her, embracing the other girl in another sisterly hug.  "Come here.  I figure it's best to go with these feelings for now.  Who knows what going against character could do.  With all the strangeness going on around us, we need to rely on each other.  Besides, how often do you get to hug an elf?"  The close contact felt really good.  Cassander was not a hugger back in the real world but here it was different.

After a minute, she turned to John, stretching out a shapely arm to beckon the third elf in their party.  "John?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 97 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 17 Apr 2009
at 03:47
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg starts giggling uncontrollably, turning her face into Tizona's shoulder as if trying to hide it.

Oh my god!!!
She says between giggles.
We're the Elven Power Puff Girls, and I'M Bubbles!!!!!

She starts giggling louder, until she has to hold onto Tizona for support, tears streaming down her exotic face.
Dan Rycov
 player, 71 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 18 Apr 2009
at 13:13
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
As much as this must be shocking and alarming for Greg... suck it up man! He thought, half groaning at this touchy-feely stuff. Apparantly he didn't make Kenjinn give a crap about a lot things like this. It scared him a bit that they seemed to be themselves but with elements of their character's personality fusing with them. He really didn't want to think about that in detail with the 'guys'

He tapped the hug-happy trio of girls on their shoulders. "As much as this helps, we should probably all get some rest so we can be refreshed in th' morning. I really don't want to be tired if something dangerous shows up" He says, walking over to the back of the tower and trying to wish a hammock into existance.
Gregory Stone
 player, 98 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 18 Apr 2009
at 23:37
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
The impatient looking bard brought Greg back to seriousness,  mostly.  Her giggling slowed gradually to a halt, until she was only panting a little.  She brought a face cloth out of a satchel and wiped her eyes and blew her nose.
She, reluctantly it seemed, parted from her elven "sisters" and nodded at Dan.


Sorry Dan, I've never been very good with stress and high pressure situations it seems.  I always look for the humor and joke about it.


She finally stops laughing, taking a couple of deep, cleansing breaths.

Ok, ok, ok,.....Sleep.   Um, I've got several bedrolls with me that I can share in my little "satchel of holding", and, like I mentioned before, I'm wearing a "Ring of Sustanance" which means I only need two hours of sleep a night.  That is, if THAT magic works as well.
So, I can take first watch.  In fact, I can take watch for the next six hours or so, probably.  (God knows I'm too wired to sleep, now. )  And everyone else can sleep for six and then I'll take my two.  Or some combonation thereof.


She reaches into a haversack she's wearing, which obviously is magical, since she puts her hand in a few inches and instantly begins pulling out several bedrolls and things for a fire and dinner.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 34 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 00:04
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Bubbles." Cassander repeated with a smile and an amused shake of her head, as the three elven girls went their separate ways.  The analogy was pretty funny, but which one did that make him?  She had a good chuckle at Greg's laughing, damn but it was infectious.  Dan probably needed a hug as well, the guy was turning grumpy.  Not everyone was going to be completely composed under a situation like this.  Cassander was surprised that he...she wasn't more upset, but she decided that helping out Greg had also helped her own mood.

"I'm not all that tired right now so I'm going to take a quick look around." she said, calling her three glowing balls of light to her.  The baseball sized orbs floated around her, illuminating the room.  "Is there anything to this tower that we might need to know about, Dan?  A well or source of water?  Back doors?  Previous occupants?"  She guessed that there wouldn't be anything terribly dangerous lurking around, that wouldn't have made for a safe hideout.
Dan Rycov
 player, 72 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 00:24
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan was inturrupted from his sub-space imaginings of a hammock by Cassander's questions. He mused to himself "No, I didn't imagine anything... oh wait, there's a trapdoor there right?" He pointed to the suspicious plank of wood in the ground.

He gulped. "Well I did say that all the worst things in the world are in the basements didn't I?" He asked nervously.
Gregory Stone
 player, 99 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 01:52
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg also looked at the trapdoor, a shiver of fear going through her body.   Jesus Christ, she thought, what if there really WAS some monster down there?   What the hell would they do?   Sister Aliana would draw her elven composite longbow or her finely crafted longsword, but Greg hadn't even been in a fistfight since second grade.   Hell, he'd even lost that one because of his ineptness.
Greg picked up the sword in his deceptively delicate hands, hands that combined finely tapered and smoothed fingernails, and calluses from sword practice.     She couldn't imagine actually killing something with it, but perhaps she had no choice.  The world of "Dungeons & Dragons" despite what a certain cheezy cartoon would have one believe, was dangerous, brutal, and violent.
Greg took a deep, steadying breath.
She couldn't kill someone, could she?
She looked around the room.   These four strangers, met only.... God! what was it? a couple of hours ago?.... were now his whole world.  Literally.  Despite the possibly artificial feelings of affection she felt towards the other elves, Greg knew that he would do whatever it took to protect them.
Smiling shakily, though more confident.  Greg stepped forward.

We can check it out, if you guys want.   I'll even..... (deep breath) .... go first.
Greg bent to pick up the glowing torch in her other hand.
This time making sure not to look directly into it.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 35 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 01:56
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander looked at the trapdoor and then back to Dan.  "You just saw that trapdoor now?  Huh." she said surprised.  Cassander had noticed it earlier, maybe there was something to the keener Elven senses.  "I'm thinking that I would sleep better knowing that there was nothing beneath our feet that had a taste for Elf or human."

She knelt down at the trapdoor and felt around the edges for something to lift the hatch up with.  Cassander found a good grip and started to pull.  The trapdoor groaned as though the hinges hadn't been loosened in some time, and still Cassander pulled at it.  "Oh. Come on." she said through clenched teeth.  Bracing herself in a most unladylike fashion, she strained harder at the door.  "Tizona might be a...sorceress but she can't...be this wea..."

The stiff hinges finally gave way.  The trap door sprung open, causing Cassander to lose her balance and stumble comically backwards into someone.
Gregory Stone
 player, 100 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 02:21
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Somewhat instinctively, Greg came near Cassander to "back him up" in case anything was there.   She almost put her sword and torch down to help (she was actually quite strong, especially for an elven cleric) when the door came up and Cassander stumbled back.   A human would have immediately landed on their butt, Greg knew, but the new elf's enhanced reflexes meant more of a stumble back.  Still, Greg had to do something.....

Holding her sword back out of the way, Greg moved behind Cassander and let the woman stumble into her, wrapping her left arm, still holding the magically glowing torch, around her waist.  Greg was amazed how light she was.
Also, how uncomfortable it was to catch someone by letting them bounce of your bosum.

Wincing slightly, she pulled the sorceress to her feet, marveling at her light weight.

Are you ok?
Cassander Miraz
 player, 36 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 03:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Uhm, yeah.  I'm...I'm fine.  Thanks." Cassander steadied herself on her own feet, thanks to Gregs help, and nonchalantly tugged at her clothes, straighening them up just a little.  Hopefully the light was dim enough that no one would notice the embarassed look on her face, from the stumble or the landing.  "You never really appreciate a low strength until you have to open up a trap door."

"Proper Dungeon Delving rules say that the thief...er...rogue should go first."  She looked back at Greg and smiled.  The girls nervousness was evident.  "I know you're more than willing to throw yourself in harms way but you're the groups healer.  You're too important to put in the front of the group.  You just hang back here, Bubbles."

Cassander drew her own sword.  She had liked the idea of a sorceress wearing a sword that she never used, and had even named it HardlySeen, but somehow the idea of going into the basement without something in her hands was unappealing. "I figure that it was my idea to go downstairs, I'll go first, if Sarah doesn't mind.  I don't want to take away any chance fro her to use her Roguish charms.  I'll follow second, if she does, then Dan and then Greg."

She chuckled, a soft musical chuckle.  "Party order.  Now it feels like a D&D game.  We just need the Mountain Dew."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:06, Sun 19 Apr 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 101 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 03:19
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg makes a sound that almost sounds like a throaty growl of longing.

OH GOD!!!!  I could REALLY use a Mountain Dew!   I've been drinking it since I was six and have been hooked ever since.

"Caffeine is the One True God, and Mountain Dew is the Messiah!"

Greg quotes (seeming a bit cheered up by the familiar saying, in this strange environment)

But, you're right.  We have to be practical with party order.   But I dissagre with you going second, Cassander.  We need a better protected person going second.  I was thinking John or maybe Dan.  A ranger would be best in case something is...... down there....
The elven woman seems to shudder at the thought.
I might actually have the best "armor class" of the group, besides John, but if  you'd rather, I'll go last.  we need someone well armored to walk "rear guard" anyway.

Hmmmmm... How about this?
Sarah
John
you
Dan
then me?

Crap.  I feel really stupid to actually suggest I go last.  Kind of like I'm a coward, or something.  I could still go second, if everyone doesn't mind?

Cassander Miraz
 player, 37 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 03:35
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Stop thinking that you're a coward, because you're not." Cassander said with a air of some authority.  An authority that he wasn't sure where it came from.  Must be some Elven thing again.  Whatever it was, the commanding tone was there when she spoke again.  "You're the healer.  You never put the healer in the front of the party.  If we had a second healer then sure go up front but as of right now you're job is to keep the rest of us alive, and that means keeping yourself alive first."

"You're right about John going second.  I'm the squishiest one here so I should be in the middle, protected by you big tough armor wearing types."  Cassander let her tone relax.  Wierd how that happened.  "I'm not sure how you're Bard is set for abilities, Dan, but I think that you should be in the middle of the party with me.  Unless you have a better idea."

"I could really go for a Dew right now, or even a slice of that pizza we were going to order." She looked down at the body she was now in and sighed.  No!  Don't do that.  No sense missing what's gone now.  you're just going to bring the rest of the group down and there's no time for that right now.  Right now you're an Elf sorceress so get over it.

When she spoke again, the commanding tone was back.  "Okay.  Are we all set then?  I can light the way with my Orbs of Light, and Greg has that staff."  She paused for a moment.  "I just thought of something.  Everyone get in close.  I have a spell that should toughen up our armor rating.  I doubt that we'll find anything nasty down there but why take the chance."

Cassander waited until the group had moved closer and then closed her eyes, concentrating on the spell that she wanted to cast.  The energy built up in her and the words of power came easily.  She directed both to everyone in the party, adding an invisible arcane armor to their physical one.  "There.  Anyone else have anything that they want to do?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 102 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 03:57
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg nodded with a shy grin, accepting Cassander's declaration almost submissively.
"Where the HELL did that come from?"  She though with a jolt.
Greg had acted as party leader in several D&D games but was never a leader in real life.  Still, she had never felt this strange need to submit to authority that she did now.
"I put Aliana's alignment as neutral good" she thought "so there should be no particular need to bow to authority figures, so what did it mean?"
Perhaps Aliana's back story, written years ago, gave a hint.  The cloistered cleric, having no practical knowledge of the outside  world, would have looked to her party members for guidence.  She had confidence in her abilities, but held others who'd been "in the world" on a pedastal and with a kind of awe.
But....I don't feel that way, do I?


She spoke up, feeling that she wanted to do it as much to please the others, than because she wants to.

Most of my spells that would be useful only last about five minutes (Thank you 3rd edition), so I should probably wait until they're needed.
Storyteller
 GM, 30 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 08:44
Re: Scenario (D&D)
It's dark down the trapdoor.

There are wooden stairs that lead down that look sturdy enough. As you prepare to climb them, you see a torn piece of white cloth caught on the wood.

The elves can tell that their own kind made it.
Gregory Stone
 player, 103 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 14:38
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Elven-made Greg murmurs, then stops, blinking.

Wait, how did I.....That was  really weird.  In the real world, I wouldn't know silk from polyester, but here...it's like the knowledge is just....poof!....suddenly there.  Like I'm suddenly remembering, quite vividly, some obscure day back in high school where we learned something very specific.   

She shakes her head, her large eyes troubled.
It's kind of like how I know what "spells" I've got "memorized" or obscure things about swordplay or archery that aren't on my character sheet. 

Greg starts to chuckle at her weird musings, but suddenly gets an inquisitive look on her face.
Alright, here's another strange, random thought.   If the "DM" usually runs all the NPCs, does that mean that if we eventually find this princess, that she'll be Chris?

She shrugs, as if to say "sure, it sounds stupid, but it's not as "out there" as everything else, so far.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 38 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 21:36
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"That would be very poetic, seeing as how half of us traded genders.  I wonder just how many of the NPC's that we'll meet would be Chris?  He can't possibly be everything in this world." Cassander says as she examines the scrap of cloth.  She was thinking the same as Greg, how they could suddenly tell that the cloth was elven made.  Yet another touch of strangeness to add to the list.

"Hmm.  The stairs look to be in okay condition.  Too bad they spiral downwards, or we could see the bottom, but it looks clear.  Alright let's take this slow and easy.  Keep an eye open for any traps or secret doors." The Elf says to her companions as they get ready to go down the stairs.  She makes a small gesture with her hand and one of her arcane globes floats down the stairs.

Cassander couldn't help a small smile.  This was turning out to be really interesting, awkward and rather fun.
Gregory Stone
 player, 104 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 22:03
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg had to almost physically stiffle another onslaught of giggles.
"I wonder how many NPCs will be Chiris?"
Greg was reminded of the movie ""Being John Malcovich."  Where people could enter a doorway and "enter" the mind of the actor John Malcovich.   Then the real John Malcovich tried it and entered his own head.  He entered a world just like the real one, but EVERYONE, every man, woman, and child, had his face.  He left screaming, if Greg recalled correctly.
She pictured Chris as every NPC, from the old begger, the stuffy mayor, and the tavern wench, acting "in character" but as soon as the other NPCs left, he'd (in whatever form he was in) wink and say "You're doing great guys.  By they way, where do you guys want to get pizza from when I order it?", only to magically become the character again when someone else came into earshot.

It was a weird thought, but it kept Greg from shaking in terror at the prospect of what might be down in the dark basement.
Dan Rycov
 player, 73 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 19 Apr 2009
at 23:51
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Kenjinn notices Greg fly back from trying to open the trapdoor. "Well that was useless" He says and attempts to open it himself. Luckily, since Bards are basically downplayed Thieves, they have experience with opening all sorts of doors.

The trapdoor swings open but he doesn't go down as it is pitch-black. He turns back to the others. "Sure could use that celestial ball of light right about now"
Gregory Stone
 player, 105 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 20 Apr 2009
at 03:01
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan....
Greg tried to make the word sound like one dude telling another dude to calm the frick down, but her melodious elven voice made it sound more like a scolding mother.

This is hard on ALL of us, remember?
Especially those of us who got more changed than our "gee-tar" skills.   Hell, I've lost 6 inches of height and over half my weight,  not to mention a certain body part that I'm REALLY trying not to think about right now, that I was saving for marriage, or at least the next woman who offfered to share it with me.
I know I'm freaking out more then anyone, and I'm sorry.
I tend to freak out with little provocation.  I did it when the camping store I worked at closed down suddenly, throwing us all out into the street, so you KNOW I'm gonna do it now.
But, I think I'm better now.  We all are. 


She sighs.
I can't promise anything, but we'll get OUT of this.  I know we will. 

This message was last edited by the player at 08:11, Mon 20 Apr 2009.

John Maxwell
 player, 30 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2009
at 14:44
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John nods to the other elf "Damn right we will." he said, just to emphasize the point. He had been thinking about the NPCs that the other's mentioned "Honestly I don't think that he'd be the NPCs, if we became our characters how do we know that the NPCs didn't come to a life of our own. I still think that Chris is just the guy controling the envronment at this point. What I want to know is if he has total control, why can't he just 'make' us go back to normal. All I can figure is that there is something stopping him, maybe a rule that says we have to complete this adventer first..."

She looked down the dark tunnel and shook her head "As for the march order. I'm no rouge and I'm better outdoors than tunnels, but I'm a melee fighter, and we elves have low light vision. I should probally go first, with Sarah behind to look for traps. Dan should probally go last just in case something tries to ambush us from behind, then at least Greg and Cassander can keep casting." she looked around at the group, before crouching down near the entrance "Anyone have any objections? We shouldn't just keep jawing when we could get on with this..."
Cassander Miraz
 player, 39 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2009
at 14:50
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Sounds good to me." Cassander replied.  She was a little anxious to get going but a proper party order had to be hashed out.  She chuckled once more at party order.  The Elf gestured to the trap door, bowing slightly with one hand out.  "Ladies first." she giggled.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 31 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2009
at 15:10
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Lead the way."

Sarah steps behind John, ready to begin a trap sweep...

"Here's hoping that my Search ranks carry over..."
Gregory Stone
 player, 106 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 20 Apr 2009
at 15:48
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg shrugged her slim shoulders.   She prefered her version of the marching order, but decided not to waste time arguing.  It was one of the cardinal rules of D&D (and even real life, presumably), that any reasonable plan, even if not perfect, was generally better than sitting around arguing endlessly.

My "continual light torch" is probably one of the better light sources, so maybe it IS better if I go closer to the middle.  Ok, I'll go fourth, then.  That way I'll still be able to back up Dan should something sneak up on us.

She still shuddered at the thought of some monster lurking in the darkness.
"Knock it off and suck it up, you spineless jackass!!!!!"  she thought furiously at herself.   "Your friends need you.  You have to protect them."  The idea of being brave for the others bolstered Greg a bit.  Her mind went from frozen in a blinding panic to a jittery, adrenaline-fueled buzz, which was something she could work with.

And, Sarah, if you really need it, I do have a "find traps" cleric spell if you REALLY one, but it only lasts five minutes.

Greg tried not to be distracted by all the new information rattling around in her newly blonde head.  This was not the time, dammit!   Information about outdoor survival, religious rites, elven lore.....

Holy Shit!!!!   I can speak Elven now!  Can any of you....
It was an achingly exotic language, sounding a little like the stuff spoken by the "elves" in the Lord of the Rings movies, but sounded like if someone from France taught Tolkien Elven to a Norwegian.
She immediately shakes her head, perhaps a little harder than was needed.
Nope!  Sorry! Forget I said anything!  We can talk about that later.

For someone who took a total of five years of French classes, and to this day remembered about a dozen words, the idea of knowing a foreign language so well was ....  intoxicating.  Greg suddenly remembered that Sister Aliana was supposed to be a language geek, and he's put several extra skill points into more languages...  No!  Like she'd just said, time for that later.....
Cassander Miraz
 player, 40 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2009
at 16:06
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander waited her turn as John and Sarah started down the stairs.  How cool is this?  I'm actually delving into a dungeon.  She was about to step third in the party but decided that it might be best to let Greg go next.  That way Cassander could keep an eye on the Cleric.

"Stay focussed now, Aliana.  We're all counting on you." she said softly in Elvish as the cleric passed her, using the character name rather than the player name.  There were equal parts concern and command in her voice.  Greg had seemed to get a little distracted from time to time but that might have been part of the Sister Aliana personality leaking through.
Gregory Stone
 player, 107 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 20 Apr 2009
at 16:35
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg felt something click at being called "Aliana" by Cassander.  It was oddly comforting.  Maybe Greg could think about all of this happening to "Sister Aliana" instead of "Greg Stone", which might dull the terror level just a smidge.
"Yes," Greg thought, "I'm Sister Aliana, priestess of Fharlanghn, envoy of the Elven Nation, here to save an Elven princess."   It felt good to kind of let go and ride with the flow.
Ok, Tizona, you can count on me, ma'am. Greg said with an almost shy grin, before turning to go third.
Greg still thought, as the second (or perhaps third) best armed and armored "character" that she should have  gone more to the rear to back up Dan, but 'descending into darkness' was NOT the time to argue.

She held her magic torch aloft with her left hand and her finely crafted sword in her right.  The sword felt like a part of her arm.  It was something else that was weird, but she was grateful of it now.
John Maxwell
 player, 31 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2009
at 18:12
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John nodded as everyone got ready. She was somewhat surprise that she understood everything they said in the elvish tongue but considing all the other skills they had it shouldn't have been that much a surprise. John was still surprising cool under the curcemstances but most of his time not working was spent in daydreams where he was in situations like this one. It helped that Alyissia had a similar attitude to hiself in these brief moments of fantasy, so he just acted like he would in on of those situations. The only real difference being that he was a chick, though if one of his daydreams was about one of his female characters sometime they would come into them. As such this was familiar enough(at least in his own head) to continue so they could get out of this nightmare.

Once everyone appeared ready, she dropped through the trapdoor to the stairs below, with as much grace as an olympic gymnast. As soon as she landed she drew her twin short swords and stepped in one smooth motion. She got out of way so Sarah could follow her down, now was the perfect time for an ambush by any maline creatures in the area, considering she was by herself for a moment all along. She scaned the near darkness, searching for signs of an attack while waiting for the others. She also looked around for any tracks that could lead them to the princess.
Storyteller
 GM, 31 posts
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 03:05
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Perhaps not suprising to 'veteran' adventurer's such as yourselves, the trapdoor leads into a properly constructed tunnel. The walls are made from stone and at intervals there are burnt out torches along the walls.

The air is cold and dry down here, the only pathway being into the darkness.

Your light does not illuminate until the end of the passage, but far enough to see two shapes moving in the darkness. They stumble forth and it doesn't take any geeky knowledge to know that they are zombies.

Their body's are decaying, but their heads are nothing more than skulls with burning flames for eyes. That sinister insignia is burnt into the bone.

"Identify yourselves" says a voice. It comes from where the zombies are, but it is not from them.
Gregory Stone
 player, 108 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 03:20
Re: Scenario (D&D)
When the creatures come into view, Greg's small mouth hangs open.
Zombies! Real live.....well, REAL walkin' around dead guys!
The sickly skin was glistening in the magical light.  The glowing eyes seemed to
cut into Greg's heart.

Greg's mind seemed to freeze for a moment, then split into the two parts; the intellectual and the emotional.

The intellectual was saying:
Zombies. Maybe I can turn them?  Those glowing eyes probably mean that they aren't normal zombies, so maybe not.  I should think of something "turny" to say.

The emotional was saying:
don't pee yourself.  don't pee yourself.  don't pee yourself.
oh, for the love of GOD!!!!!  do NOT pee yourself.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 41 posts
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 04:20
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander squints at the moving shapes, putting her hands on Gregs shoulders and lean close to her.  "What are thos...Are those...Zombies?!"  She says in amazement.

She steps around beside Greg.  "My name is Cass..." Oh right.  I should probably speak in character.  Let's hope these guys are friendly to Elves.  I wonder what Elves taste like?  "I am Tizona, from the Southern Elvish kingdom.  These are my companions.  Who are we addressing?"  Hopefully that sounds okay.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 32 posts
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 04:34
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah blinks as the voice echoes down the hallway.

"... magic mouth, maybe?"

Her hands lower to her daggers, gripping the hilts tightly.
Gregory Stone
 player, 109 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 04:55
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Well, great. Greg thought.  The chick dressed like a belly dancer is braver than the one wearing 20 lbs of armor.
Sheathing her sword as subtly and quietly as she could, Greg reaches for her holy symbol of Fharlanghn.
"man!, I hope I can do this"  She thinks, trying to remember she's done in other games when she played clerics and had to....
No.  She wasn't remembering other games, she was remembering....clerical classes at the elven temple to Fharlanghn back in the capitol city.  It had been a small place, The Lord of the Horizon not being as popular among the Folk as with humans, but she'd learned much in the twenty years that she studied with....

Well.....shit..  Greg thought, with wonder.

She shook her head to clear it from memories that were hers and NOT hers, and focused on the situation in front of them.  She waited for "Tizona" to get an answer.
Who made her the spokesperson?
Oh, yeah.  By not saying anything, Greg supposed she did.
Storyteller
 GM, 32 posts
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 08:10
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"You are addressing the Cult of the New World" the voice replies "With the goal to open a portal from this world to another, where we shall rule"

Then the voice sneers "But although who you seek is part of our plans, you are not. Prepare to die!"

The zombies stagger forward without another word.
Dan Rycov
 player, 74 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 09:18
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan had been following quietly, keeping his voice down and doing what his class does best; look out for traps and the fastest way he could cheeze it. Most of the rest of his companions had taken it upon themselves to start talking some wierd language, probably elven or spanish. Then they came upon zombies. All in all a marvelous time.

Wait... zombies... Ah, suprisingly tame compared to the rest of the transformations, but still enough to make his legs shake. He tried to push all his pop culture knowledge of zombies to the back of his mind as he moved a bit closer towards the twin undead and heard the disembodied voice talking.

It said it wanted to kill them. Normally in this situation the heroes would carve down enough enemies to fill a small slaughterhouse quota, but then again thesen were not heroes, these were a couple of mates who got together to play a nerdy game and only have to worry about running out of fat snacks.

Immediately Dan did what he usually does; talk at length for no apparant reason. Luckily this was essential to Bards... usually. He perked up towards them "Wait! Wait! Wait!" He exclaimed, moving towards the voice, behind the elven swordslingers no less. "Let's not be too hasty! How would you know if we are not part of your plans? We might be an essential part that the dying would ruin" He attempted to reason, hoping his high charisma would somehow pay off. You probably shouldn't talk to ultimate evil but... how often do you get to talk with ultimate evil? How should you know what to do? Talk at length was Dan's answer, as it is for most things.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 33 posts
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 12:05
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Definately NOT a magic mouth."

Sarah draws her daggers with a flourish, throwing one at the nearest of the two zombies.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 44 posts
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 13:07
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Ultimate evil?  Oh that doesn't sound good." Cassander muttered, letting Dan take over.  Talking was what Bards did best so she'd gladly let him do the talking.

"Are you ready to do some turning, Aliana?" she said, giving Greg a pat on the shoulder as she stepped behind the other elf.  "Zombies should be right up your alley."  Cassander might sound calm, and in a way she was.  She was confident that the Cleric could turn the zombies and that they were not in any immediate danger, unless there were thousands of the undead down here.

"That voice mentioned a portal to another world.  You don't suppose that they might be trying to get to our world?  Naw that wouldn't make sense."
John Maxwell
 player, 32 posts
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 14:35
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John shrug "About as much sense as us turning into our characters?" she pointed out retorically. She dropped to a low crouch, keeping on the balls of her toes, so others could see over her. Even if she had been a ranged ranger she would have drawn her blades for this, of course she wouldn't be in the front either. She held the swords in a ready stance in front of her and seemed to slip into the shadows by reflex, though it probally wouldn't have much effect on the undead, if anyone was with them it could be useful.
Gregory Stone
 player, 111 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 21 Apr 2009
at 15:08
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg nodded to Cassander, bringing out her holy symbol.  You read my mind, 'girlfriend', she thinks, the lame joke helping to somewhat stem the fear that was curdling her insides like milk in the hot sun.

Holding the 'sunrise over the open road' design on the oaken disk aloft, Greg opened her mouth to give the very melodramatic speech she'd been preparing (at least with the, small, unterrifed part of her brain) ever since seeing the walking dead things.   They used to do this back in the day, in the old gaming group, compete for who could give the more dramatic 'turning' speech.  He'd even used various IDs as his 'holy symbols'  when playing different clerics, like Red Cross card for the god of healing, a veteren's benefit card, sent to him accidentally when he was ten, for the god of war, and so on.   He.....she... used to be pretty good at it.
She froze.
What the HELL am I doing?   Jesus, I'm a...person who stopped going to church when I was eight!   And, NOW I"m going to channel...what?  A REAL god, untamed magic power, maybe even Chris?  It didn't make any sense, none of it did.

No!  They needed you, you spineless jackass!   You can do this!  But, was 'this' even possible?  Could Greg really be a 'conduit' for divine power?   The new elf tried desparately, her mind suddenly blank, to think of something, anything, to bolster his confidence.

Then, he remembered the flying spell.

Jesus Christ Jumping on a Pogo Stick!  That's right!  I....I can fly.
I can fly!
I can Honest to Christ, God-Damn, MOTHER-FUCKIN' FLY!!!!
I can do ANYTHING!!!!

The elven cleric strode forward, holding out her holy symbol, not noticing the faint shimmer of light coming from it.

BACK!!!!    REMOVE YOUR FOUL, PUTRID BODIES FROM THIS WORLD OF THE LIVING!!!!    CRAWL  BACK TO THE STINKING PITS, FROM WHENCE YOU WERE SPAWNED!!!!  BY THE POWER OF THE GREAT LORD OF ROADS, YOUR JOURNEY IS ENDED!!!!


of  course, she mused, this is where i usually roll a '1'
Storyteller
 GM, 33 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2009
at 01:31
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Fortunately, Greg didn't roll a 1.

Sarah's dagger stabs into the zombie, before it pulls itself out and returns to her hand. The zombie doesn't even flinch, but that's not exactly surprising.

The holy symbol begins to glow and give off a holy aura, pushing the undead back. They stagger back and away from the party, before turning tail and shuffling away into the darkness as fast as they can.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 46 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2009
at 01:43
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander smiled.  "Nicely done, Gr...Aliana.  I was even feeling the urge to run away myself."  The Elf gestures, sweeping her arm in front of her in a graceful manner.  Her glowing orbs of light shot forward illuminating the tunnel ahead of the group.

"Shall we?" she asked the rest of the party.
Gregory Stone
 player, 113 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 22 Apr 2009
at 01:48
Re: Scenario (D&D)
holy fuck. it actually worked.
Greg seemed to realize what she'd said, almost amused at the random curse word so soon after a holy pronouncement.

Wow. That was pretty cool.  Remember everyone, zombies are immune to stabbing and bashing, so cutting weapons only.
She paused.
Heh. I can't believe I remembered that with dead guys staring at me.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 34 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2009
at 02:00
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah deftly catches her dagger as it flies back, then resheathes it.

"Ahh... I forgot. At least now we know our equipment is as it was on our sheets..."
Gregory Stone
 player, 114 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 22 Apr 2009
at 02:11
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg, still a little buzzed with success, nods to Cassander.
Sure thing...Tizona.
She smiled, the new name was coming to mind more easily.  That actually might be a bad thing, but she'd worry about it later, when they weren't being killed by dead guys.

Greg draws his elven longbow and nocks an arrow with a fluid and practiced motion that makes her stop and stare in confusion at her hand for a moment.  Then, holding her magical torch awkwardly but securely in her left hand, she follows Sarah.

She figured her bow might be better from the back of the party,and she could just drop the torch, as it woudn't go out.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 35 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2009
at 02:13
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah begins to move along the passage, carefully checking for signs of traps, tripwires, or movable tiles on the ground. She slowly moves her hands along the walls, feeling for oddities or imperfections...
Dan Rycov
 player, 76 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 22 Apr 2009
at 06:39
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan seems a bit peeved they just pissed off ultimate evil. Granted the evil didn't seem to respond to his plea so it probably would've ended the same either way. He sighed with slight annoyance and fear, hopefully zombies would be the extent of what they would face.
Gregory Stone
 player, 116 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 22 Apr 2009
at 15:49
Re: Scenario (D&D)
wow.  Greg thought.  wow.  I turned the zombies!   wow. wow. wow. WOW!

Greg felt really jazzed, almost as good as she'd felt when she was flying earlier.
Althought, she thought, I REALLY hope we don't need a fly spell later on, and everyone gets pissed because I wasted my only one today.
i turned the zombies!

Greg was having trouble hiding the grin on her elven face.  She knew that the situation was serious.  ("invading another world" , like maybe OUR world?  Are you KIDDING me?!?)  But she couldn't help feeling wonderful.

It was like that in many games, too, ironically.   Greg was a pretty good roleplayer, and gamer, but always felt outclassed by many of the obsessed rules-lawyers and others who seemed to have nothing else to do but pour over piles of rulebooks, creating optimized characters or planning out solutions to every possible scenario, like a real life general preparing for a real life war.    The more casual gamer, Greg always seemed to be on the proverbial sidelines, while "greater minds" came up with answers, or when Greg just rolled badly, which was often.

There were times, though, when he would shine.   A good idea, an inspired speech to an NPC, or, hell, even a critical hit, and he felt like a true gamer as good as any of them.

Granted, Greg kind of hoped that those obsessed players were here now, among this new group.  As much as she wanted to have a chance at the spotlight in a game, THIS was real life, and Greg didn't give a rat's ass WHO solved the puzzle of how to fix it, just so long as it got fixed.


She still couldn't believe she turned those zombies.  That was so cool!

As she basked again in her inner glow, however, the implications started nagging at the edges of her mind.
She turned the zombies, by channeling the power of a GOD.
Ok, she thought to herself, THAT was kind of a sobering thought.

What did it mean?   Was it more magical smoke and mirrors (relatively speaking, or course), or was Fharlanghn......Real?    For that matter, was God real?   Greg wasn't a true agnostic, but he certainly didn't take his native christianity very seriously.  Too many hypocrites on TV and in his own family.
But, then again, their current experience was pretty much proof in the existance of, at the very least, really weird shit.

Was that all there was?  Or was there more?

Greg shook her head to clear it, stlll trying to ignore the blond hair that fell to either side of her face.
Stop acting like a stoner with too much time on your hands, she berated herself, you friends need you.
She settled in to walk down the hallway, ready (in theory) for anything.

Holy crap, she  thought, I can't believe I actually turned a real zombie.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 47 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2009
at 14:12
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Anyone else find it really odd that some mysterious voice controlling zombies has a clue to where our...the princess might be, just happens to be beneath the tower that we're taking shelter in?" Cassander asked as they walked along.  "It seems a little too convenient."

She had to resist the urge to tug at the top of her skirt as they walked.  It felt like it could slip down her hips at any moment.  Cassander had drawn Tizona's clothing according to the fantasy tradition, so it was more eye candy than anything else and very impractical to go traipsing through a dungeon in.  Thank you, Vallejo and Boris.  At least I didn't give her the classic chainmail bikini.  God how embarassing would that have been?

She was spending too much time worrying about what she was wearing than concentrating on the task at hand.  This was all only temporary so why worry about it?  Because it might not be temporary?

Cassander shook her head and turned her attention back to guiding her floating orbs of light through the dark passage.  "Was any of this in your plan for the tower, Dan?  Do you think that Chris just took your idea and ran with it?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:35, Thu 23 Apr 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 117 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 23 Apr 2009
at 18:07
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg was jarred from her adrenaline induced daze by Cassander...that is, Tizona.

Glancing back, she shook her head, letting out a breath of frustration.
There's just so many possibilities, once you realize that you can't reject something because it's
"not possible".  I mean, assuming that this isn't just some shared hallucination, or just my own personal halluncination, than it could... almost be....ANYTHING.  There could be a world where magic exists that's like our D&D world, and some "cult of weirdos" used that magic to connect to our world because of that mental connection.  Chris could be part of it, or he could be a victim like us, just trapped somewhere because he doesn't have a 'character' and is trying to use his 'DM powers' to give us clues.  He could even be subtly influencing probability so that the 'princess' IS here, instead of a hundred miles away.

She gave a cynical chuckle, which quavered a little, betraying her frayed nerves.
Although, Tizona, it actually kinda makes sense for this kidnapped princess to be in this town, given the reaction we got and the fact that there seemed to be someone in town ready to 'silence' anyone who talked about her.  Those were always 'classic' clues that you were close to the answer.

Y'know, yesterday, if you'd have mentioned that something like this could happen, I would have directed you to the 'call-in' numbers for the "Coast to Coast" radio show and wished you the best.  Now, though.....(sigh) personally, my mind is getting a little over loaded with the 'possibilities'.   It's like something my friend used to say whenever we'd try to figure out a mystery in a D&D game.  "In a world where trees talk, NOTHING can be taken for granted".


The elven woman grinned, remembering simpler times, when you could play D&D without the chance of getting eaten by zombies.  Of course, that brought up the uncomfortable image of "Greg the Hot Elven Chick" returning to their world and walking into a gathering of her old gaming friends.
She pictured the conversation.
"Hi guys!  You wouldn't believe what happened to me over the weekend!"
"Yo Greg, what's up?  Something is different about you....Wait, don't tell me!  You got contact lenses, didn't you?  Yeah, that's it.  I'm not sure that it's a good look for you, man.  It makes your eyes look all big and 'almondy'.
Plus, and don't take this the wrong way, but a nice pair of glasses would go a long way towards distracting people from your new boobs."

The elven girl suppressed a laugh at the awkward situation.  Greg had always used humor as a defense against stress, but maybe she'd be better off thinking about the task ahead.  Besides, dwelling on the possibility (there was that word again) that they'd somehow get back to their own worlds, but still in these new bodies, was WAY too much to think about right now.
Dan Rycov
 player, 79 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 23 Apr 2009
at 23:18
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan thought. "No, I didn't really think past 'big scary tower in the rain'" He said simply. The fact that he made those chairs on the floor above had given him a multitude of questions that only the human brain could contain, or perhaps a very large computer.

Why did they appear? How did they appear? Was it my thoughts? Or Chris's? All these different thoughts swirled around in his head, giving him thoughts that might be a tad evil. He shook these off though. If he could control space, thank god Kenjinn wasn't evil. Mind powers on Neutral Dan are one thing, but evil Dan? best to run away very fast in that situation.

He noticed that everyone else didn't seem to be dwelling on his apparant mind powers very much. Nah, it wasn't that big of a deal was it? I mean, they could shoot fireballs and fly! I could only create anything with my mind. Dan guessed that the others were more concerned with their new bodies, expecially the guys, since they weren't that anymore.

The fact that these might linger over wasn't bothering Dan. Being musically gifted, having a huge hat and cosmic mind powers weren't that much of a hamper to him. He saw how the others might find it bad though, boobs as the number one issue. "If the evil does know about the princess we can assume Chris has no sense of originality and thank him for that, as it should be a straight-forward quest"
Storyteller
 GM, 34 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 05:08
Re: Scenario (D&D)
As you continue down the tunnel, you eventually run into the undead again. This time, however, your combined might reduces them to a fleshy pulp.

Half an hour later, maybe more or less, you see a glimpse of light and the sounds of many people moving about. The tunnel continues on, but there is a grate in the ceiling. Above you can make out a dimly lit room, with cloaked figures. It is much larger than what you can see, so you cannot see more than a fraction of the room.

If Sarah is still periodically checking the walls, she finds a unnatural protrusion on one of the walls near the grate.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 37 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 12:01
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah whispers to the group, "Got something here."

She carefully feels the protrusion, judging what it does- probably opens the grate above.
Gregory Stone
 player, 120 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 12:14
Re: Scenario (D&D)
After walking what seemed like a mile (and might have been), Greg was almost happy to see something dangerous.
Almost.

Greg spoke quietly, holding her bow at the ready, pointed at  the grate.
So, do we wait for them to leave, or burst through now?
"Cloaked figures did NOT sound good.  Were they waiting for them?  Or just having some kind of meeting up there?

True to form, Greg was kicking herself for 'wasting' the fly spell.
She keeps the others in mind, as well as her aiming technique.


OOC:  I'm not sure if Greg would have forgotten about the possibility that Dan "created" the chairs from upstairs.  It's been several days in real time, not game time, so the incident would be fresh in Greg's mind, but then again Greg's been really distracted.  I"m going to just say that it's slipped her mind, in lieu of stranger things.  If someone else mentions it, she'll certainly remember it.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 52 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 12:56
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander spends a few minutes looking up through the grate.  "Heh.  'Whip the Thuggi guards'." she giggles softly (Giggles?) turning back to the rest of the party.  "Sorry.  Temple of Doom flashback."

"Let me think here." Cassander furls her brow in concentration, which, with her elven features, somehow looks cute.  "We still have the element of surprise so lets not waste that, although how much surprise we can still have after fighting zombies, who knows.  I should be able to cast invisibility on everyone but that will take up a spell slot that I'd rather save for something more powerful.  I know Tizona has a charm spell, but I've never used it so I don't know how effective it'll be, but I could combine that with Alter Self to appear as someone else, do the 'distracting servant while party sneaks up behind' trick.  There is the Knock cantrip, no it was Ghost Sound, which we could use to distract the guards, have them turn away while we climb out."

"I don't suppose you can tell if the grate is locked, Sarah?"
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 38 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 13:02
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Lemme see..."

She tries to scale the wall to check if the grate is movable as it is.
Gregory Stone
 player, 122 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 13:13
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg's delicate elven brow furrows with thought.
Ok, my spells that might be useful here are Obscuring Mist, and Detect Thoughts.  (thank you Knowledge Domain).   I could try to read some minds to find out more about them, as long at the floor isn't a foot thick or more.
Storyteller
 GM, 39 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 13:50
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The protrusion turns, just like a door handle. It seems to open a secret door into the side of the tunnel.

The grate is heavy, but perhaps it could be moved.

(Detect Thoughts could be used)
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 39 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 14:05
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah pushes at the grate a bit, to see if it will shift.
Gregory Stone
 player, 123 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 24 Apr 2009
at 20:55
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg brings the spell to mind.
'wow', she thinks, 'first flying, and now reading minds!'  She feels a shiver of excitement.
'holy crap, it's like having superpowers or something'.
Greg will hold off on the spell until they explore the area more, though.

She hold her bow to cover Sarah.
Storyteller
 GM, 40 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2009
at 00:23
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The grate seems to resist Sarah's force, but suddenly it seems to become much lighter (or somehow Sarah stronger) and it slowly raises into the air. The cloaked figures, luckily, do not seem to notice. They just continue to shuffle about.

There is a very unnerving vibe that is coming from this situation, different to the one derived from you finding yourselves in the game.

What will happen next is one thing. Do you truly have to complete the quest to return home, or are you trapped here? If you do have to complete the quest, will you survive? Chris isn't a malicious, killer GM (Thank god!) but he isn't afraid to properly challenge you. All you need is a few Natural 1s, and it doesn't matter whether you're going back or not...

Then, of course, there is how you finish the quest. You know that you're trying to rescue a elven princess from some sort of evil cult, but is that all there is to it? And the cult's goal 'to open a portal to another world'. Did Chris invent this, or is this world... different.

On that note, what did happen to Chris?
Dan Rycov
 player, 85 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 26 Apr 2009
at 02:09
Re: Scenario (D&D)
He's off in Benny Hill land

Dan looks up over the figures shuffling around and looks back at the crew. He slides back down to them "Do we have a plan, or are we going to run in screaming?" He asks the others while he sits and plots himself.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 53 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2009
at 05:43
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"I hope that we're not all planning to go running in screaming." Cassander said, not entirely sure if Dan was joking or not. "We still have the element of surprise so let's use that.  Plus I don't want to use up unecessary spells if I don't have to.  Who knows whats lurking in this place."

"This is what I'm thinking.  Sarah?  Silene should be able to backstab one of them, but I can't remember if she was built that way or if you were going more towards the acrobat idea.  Alyissia and Aliana should be able to hit the other two with their bows.

Cassander frowned as she looked at the sword in her hand.  "I probably should have given Tizona a bow now that I think about it.  She has the proficiency, but I thought that it might be silly.  So much for that idea."

"That leaves Dan...excuse me Kenjinn and myself.  I suppose that we could act as backup, help deliver the coup de grace, so to speak.  I'd rather not waste any magic on a bunch of guards so that leaves me with the sword.  What can Kenjinn do that's relatively quiet?"  Cassander waited, the delicate features of her elven face looking at Dan expectedly.
Dan Rycov
 player, 86 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 26 Apr 2009
at 07:12
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan thinks for a moment. What could bards do that was quiet? Not much when you think about it. If they could, their main power would probably be to make the enemies die from blood loss from bleeding ears.

"Well, bards are most like theives so I suppose shooting some arrows or backstabbing would be in order. I made Kenjinn proficient in dual wielding so if we do end up actually fighting I'd be more useful than the average thief" He replied to Cassander, thinking and noticing how big elven ears actually were. Expecially Cassander/Tizona's. They weren't the only large things on her but they were what Dan was going to focus on.
Gregory Stone
 player, 125 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 26 Apr 2009
at 12:00
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg's delicate elven features seem to pinch in fear.
Do we....do we REALLY have to k-kill.....?
She shook her head, almost violently, to clear it.

No, no, no.  You're right.  Of course you're right.
These aren't a bunch of guys hanging out in front of the 7-11 or at some dinner party somewhere.  They've KIDNAPPED an innocent woman and are holding her against their will.

There is no FBI, no 911 to call.  There's only us, and it's us....or them.


Greg seems to still be a little shaky with the idea of actually, literally KILLING another human being (though the irony could be pointed out that she's not actually human, but not matter).  However, she seems to have steeled herself for the task ahead and to do what is needed to save the captive.

Taking a deep breath, she nods to Tizona.

I had my Detect Thoughts spell ready to gather intel, or the Obscuring Mist for cover, but you're right.  I shouldn't blow my proverbial wad so soon when we might have a long way to go.   Aliana is....that is, I'm pretty good with this bow.  It's a masterwork bow that packs a bit of extra punch from my strength, so I should be able to use it to good effectiveness against the kidnappering cult members.

The group notices Greg's obvious attempt to keep villifying their opponents, making it seem less objectionable to take human life, even in another's defense.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 40 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2009
at 22:57
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah nods.

"I've got more rogue than acrobat as it is. Remember, its only a five-level PrC."

She peeks up above.

"Im just surprised how easy that was to lift."
Cassander Miraz
 player, 54 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2009
at 23:08
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"I wasn't too sure just how you built up Kenjinn.  If you can backstab as well then that's great.  So two opponents get ganked and the third stops a bunch of arrows."  Cassander was really getting into planning out the whole encounter and it showed in her movements, in addition to the look in her eye.  "That would put me in reserve, to help out where I can with my sword, unless someone wants to lend me their bow."

"Does this sound reasonable to everyone?" She asked, looking among the group, stopping at Aliana.  "I wouldn't worry too much about killing them.  It's not like their real, just NPC's brought to life.  It might be in character for Aliana to worry about something like that but remember that these are the evil cult that has kidnapped our princess.  We are the FBI, or the elven equivalent."

"Oh and save your spells if you can, Aliana.  As bizarre as it might sound, I really don't want to camp out in the evil cultists base just to get our spells back." She grinned as she flourished her sword, feeling the wieght of the blade and how natural it felt in her hands.
John Maxwell
 player, 33 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2009
at 23:55
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John thought for a moment before quietly taking off the quiver slung at her hip and handed both it and her bow to Cassander. "If that's the plan take my bow. I'm more set up for melee, besides I'm pretty good at the sneaky skills too." she said with a bit of a grin before her face turned serious again. "Besides, if something goes wrong they could get killed before you could get to them... though don't let that stop you from trying if they do attack us en mass you do have the heaviest armor here. she said adding only a minor alteration with the plan, finding the idea sound. It probally helped that she had taken a few ranks in 'knowledge: tactics'.
Gregory Stone
 player, 126 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 27 Apr 2009
at 11:55
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg nodded.  She was getting more and more used to being called Aliana by Ca....by Tizona.  Strangely, being called "Greg", while comforting to an extent, almost seemed a bit jarring now.
It's nothing to worry about, Greg thought.  In fact, it's probably more appropriate anyway since I look nothing like I....like Greg used to.   Yes, she decided inwardly, it just makes more sense.

She was still having trouble with the concept of killing people, and couldn't shake the idea that perhaps these weren't fake people that were created just for their benefit.   Still, Greg had a long history of buckling to peer pressure, going along with friends when they suggested doing stupid things.

She could picture Mom, looking maternal and wise.

"Oh really?  Well, then, if your friends all decided to go out and kill a bunch of evil cultists, would you?"

Greg's answer would probably be:
"ummmmmm, yes?"


Hiding her grin at Mom's probably response (and trying not to speculate on her reaction to her new "daughter"), Greg looked at the group.

I designed the character to be reasonably competent in both melee and missle combat, so that should certainly have "translated".  I can join Tizona in the "opening salvo" and then wade in with my sword if need be.  I didn't take "Precise Shot" with my bow, so I shouldn't be firing into a melee situation anyway.

She also tried not to laugh, given the seriousness of the situation, at Tizona's prohibition against "camping among the cultists to get spells back".  She still grinned a bit at the possible conversation.



"Um.....Time out!   Yeah, um, evil cultist guys?  It's like this, see.  We're out of spells, and uh...."
Greg pictured Aliana doing an impression of "Lunberg", Gary Cole's manager character from "Office Space".
"Yeeeeaaaahhhh........if you could all, you know, come back in about, say, eight hours or so, we kinda need to get some spells back?  And if you could bring some breakfast with you too.....Yeah, that'd be greeeeeaaaat......."

To distract herself from an inappropriate chuckle, she looks at Sarah.

I'm curious about the lightness too.  Everyone, let's be alert, in case this is a trap, or something.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 55 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2009
at 13:14
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander takes the bow and quiver that John offered with a wry grin.  "Thanks, Aliyssia.  It sounds like everyone is pretty decent in melee except for me.  I'm just going on the basic racial weapon proficiencies here, I haven't added anything to my sword or bow.  I'll work with Aliana on her target, just in case I miss."

It was still a little wierd to be talking about Tizona as though she were just a piece of paper with some numbers on it, when all it took was one look in a mirror to see how real she was now.  The separation between Cassander and Tizona was getting less and less pronounced, Cassander had to work harder to make game references.  It hadn't been that long since their arrival but Cassander was becoming more comfortable being Tizona, even to the point of referring to herself with feminine pronouns.  The question was, what would happen when she became completely adjusted to the elven skin.

"Aliana and I should stick close to the grate in the beginning, to cover our retreat in case that it is a trap.  It sounds like we have a good plan then.  So if Kenjinn, Silene and Aliyssia are ready..." She gestured in the direction of the cultists.  Hopefuly they weren't walking into a trap.
Gregory Stone
 player, 127 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 27 Apr 2009
at 13:17
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Swallowing nervously and taking a breath that's only quavering a little, Greg nods to Tizona, bow at the ready.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 41 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2009
at 13:18
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah gives a thumbs up, still in position. She grabs a grappling hook and rope from her pack and sets it for the others to climb up with.
Gregory Stone
 player, 129 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 27 Apr 2009
at 13:32
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg was kicking herself a bit for using up her "Fly" spell.  Granted, she couldn't imagine not using it when she did, however.
Seriously, she thought, who can find out that they could FLY, and NOT use it as soon as possible?  Seriously.
Storyteller
 GM, 41 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 07:02
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah grasps the grate and pushes it open, a effort which requires all of her strength. She succeeds, however, and is able to climb up into the room.

As she does, she cannot help but feel the strangest sensation in her hands. She cannot tell what it is because of her gloves, but it is disconcerting none the less.

The room the grate leads into is large, and its purpose uncertain. There are two doors opposite each other on different ends of the room. In each corner of the room is a statue of a monstrous, female figure. Perhaps a Outsider, like a Demon or Devil. Strange symbols or runes are carved into the walls, and even now and again they pulse with a strange glow. Every time they do, your whole boy seems to  itch.

The figures are completely cloaked, with their hoods draw low over their faces to hide them. They simply walking randomly about, without stopping or speaking. There is a low, indistinguishable murmur that runs through the room. It is simply a noise at first, but the longer you hear it the harder it is to concentrate.

They do not seem to react to what is going on around them, including you.
Gregory Stone
 player, 130 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 08:35
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Do....do we...do we just sneak by them?

Greg looked around, bewildered.  She was...well, almost dissappointed that they weren't instantly attacked.  She still shook a little from the adrenal letdown.

"Sister Aliana" was versed in many of the religions of Chris's game world.  She "remembered" hours of classes on dozens of various cults, religions, and belief systems.  "Greg" had always been a pretty good student, but Aliana had been, in terms of the "real world", a serious geek.  She'd reveled in history, which Greg had always been fond of, and languages, which he'd always been hopeless at.  Ironically, religion classes had been Aliana's weakest subject, though one she'd mastered.  Hopefully the same religions translated too, she thought, as she tried to figure out what sort of freakish cult they were dealing with.
Dan Rycov
 player, 87 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 09:14
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan was an atheist so this big ol' demonic-chanting thing was a bit jarring to him. He blocked it out of his thoughts with various sciencey things and obsession over his reality bending (no, he's still not over that).

He turned to Greg and noticed Aliana's depressed expression. "Yes, we we sneak past them. I'd rather not having to kill people willy-nilly" He said to her and moved in closer. He wanted to see what these cultists were doing, and to possibly see if they did the same thing the monks did on Monty Python; bash their heads against bibles. He laughed softly at the thought and snuck in closer.
Gregory Stone
 player, 131 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 10:16
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The elven woman was jarred by Dan's...Kenjinn's distainful words.
Willy-nilly?  S-screw you! she said in and intense, but quiet whisper designed to carry no farther than their group.
I just spent the last five minutes trying to psych myself up to kill a person, maybe several, for the first time in my life!.  So don't you DARE pretend that this is easy for me!  Tizona says that they're fake people that were "magicked" into existance just for us, but I'm not so sure.  There's no way to really know until this nightmare is over, is there?

Almost as if she's suddenly embarrassed at her quiet outburst, Greg drops her eyes from Kenjinn's intense look and turns away.  Tears are running down her face.
Christ, she thought, I'm surprised that I'm not frickin' dehydrated by now.

She moved back a bit until she was towards the rear of the party, both to put some distance between her and the bard, and because, despite her natural elven grace and finely made armor, she was still probably the least stealthy among them.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 42 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 10:37
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah helps the party climb up. Once everyone's in the room, she quickly looks underneath one of her gloves, wondering what that odd feeling is.
Dan Rycov
 player, 89 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 10:54
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan was a little pissed with Greg now. "Oi!" He whispered back, slightly louder. "You've been nothing but Ms Complainy McCries-a-lot since we turned into these people. I've put up with this because, yes it is a life-shattering event, but come on! I've seen disfortunate people with torn lives with less tears than this. And psyching yourself up to kill someone!? I find that hard to believe. You're just looking for another thing to cry about! So suck it up and shutup!" He looks really pissed now, apparantly he doesn't take well to Greg's mood swings.
Gregory Stone
 player, 134 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 11:36
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg froze, livid with anger, especially that the excruciating ordeal of justifying murder was just dismissed as a 'hissy fit"

Let it go! she yelled at herself.  This isn't the time to fight with each other!  They were in enemy territory, for the love of....

She couldn't do it.  She couldn't leave it alone.  She was too angry.

Striding back to Dan, she got up to his face, her whisper still quiet and intense.

God Damn It, Dan!!!  What the hell is wrong with you?  I know I haven't been a pillar of frickin' strength so far, but you've been going out of your way to look down your nose at everyone since this whole thing began!  I'm sorry that this is apparently more fun for you than the rest of us, but keep your ignorant opinions to yourself until they actually mean something!
My "whining" hasn't done a damned thing to hurt you or the group, and you KNOW it.  Hell, if you want to be technical, I've actually been even more useful so far than you have!   So, if you want to refrain from 'holding my hand' then feel free, but get off my back!

Dan Rycov
 player, 92 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 11:45
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Holding your... look here!" He leered at her. "I may not be a sorcerer in this world but at least I know how to keep quiet and assess a situation. What have you done for the group other than flip between whining and joy like a lightswitch?! I'm sorry if I've been a little pretentious but at least I've been looking for ways to get home rather than wishing! This isn't fun for me either, I can't even stand a horror movie let alone evil cultist grounds and undead skeletons!" He was fuming now, and Dan never looses an argument. "Your whining may not hurt anything but it's not bloody productive so stop it!"
Gregory Stone
 player, 136 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 11:55
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg didn't know why she even bothered.  The man was one of those arrogant jerks that knew what the facts were, so there was no reason to even entertain that others might have a point.   So be it.

Fine!  Let's make a truce then!  I'll stop whining around you if you stop bitching about me.  Deal?
She wasn't sure why she did it, but Greg stuck her hand out to Kenjinn.   It was something...well, manly, something that the demure Aliana wouldn't do, but Greg's anger seemed to cut through any inborn prohibitions.


OOC: and on that note, post 400!  Woot!
Storyteller
 GM, 42 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 12:00
Re: Scenario (D&D)
On that note, the murmuring stops. So do the cloaked figures.

They all turn on the spot to face the party.

"Poor you. Looks like you stumbled across the 'Conversion' Room"

The same sinister voice echoes through the room. The voice, like before, is distant and inhuman, impossible to determine the speaker.

---

As Sarah looks beneath her gloves, she sees... pads, like that of a animal, emerging on her hands. Her nails are also beginning to sharpen, forming claws.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:33, Tue 28 Apr 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 94 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 12:08
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan seemed happy with this and shook the hand grudgingly, "Deal" He replied to her, his face loosing most of it's anger.

It was then that the band of unmerry monks turned to them. Kenjinn cursed their tv sitcom bickering and unshealthed his blades, trying to find the source of the voice.
Gregory Stone
 player, 137 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 12:27
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Something told Greg that the cultists were merely waiting for them and would have done the same thing whether she and Kenjinn had argued or not, but she still couldn't help but feel guilty about her inability to let Dan's accusations go unanswered.
Drawing her longbow using as much instinct at skill, she took aim at the closest cloaked figure.

let's do some 'converting' of our own: freaky cultists into dead people in one easy step  She muttered, more to bolster her courage then because anyone was listening.  Greg looked at Tizona for confirmation before firing.

Her confrontation with the bard had left her feeling drained and stretched tighter than a drum, and now the effort of slipping instantly back into "kill or be killed" mode made the elf maid want  to scream in frustration.  She had to be strong though.  She had made a promise.  Granted, it was a promise to a guy who was kinda being a dick, but it was a promise nonetheless.
John Maxwell
 player, 34 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 13:58
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John's twin blades flew free from their upside-down scabards on her back. The twirled once and came to ready position in less than a second. Damnit. Always remember never to have drama before a fight, the GM will always throw a wrench in the works. the ranger though to herself.

She grined like a wolf. "Unlike those zombies. These guys bleed." she said quietly, but loud enough for the others. What she ment was, they could critical the monks, something her character build relied on.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 43 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 14:32
Re: Scenario (D&D)
For a moment, Sarah looks startled and scared, before just looking startled.

Shit, he DID accept that...

She then looks towards the robed figures, then sighs.

"Figures, a fight."

She quickly draws her daggers.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 57 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2009
at 14:55
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander, Alyissia's bow nocked and at the ready, wanted to slap both Aliana and Kenjinn.  Slap them both really hard.  This was not the time for any drama, sneaking around the lair of evil cultists, but there was nothing that she could do about that now.  The element of surprise was gone.  At least the two had made up.

She looked around the room, her elven senses taking in all the details that she could.  The room made her feel uneasy.  They could feel the murmuring of the monks, so there was magic involved.  Of course being called a Conversion Room was also a big hint.  The question was convert what into what and what could they do about it.

Tizona stepped closer to Kenjinn, speaking softly.  "Do you want to do some talking and see what information we can get out of these guys before we dispatch them?" she asked him.
Storyteller
 GM, 43 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2009
at 05:45
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The robed figures growl softly, the first proper noise they have made. A piercing whistle echoes through the room, which causes the figures to begin to shake.

They begin to grow larger, their robes tearing to reveal thick dark fur. Bestial muzzles burst forth from beneath the hoods, filled with sharp teeth. Their hands twist into claws, as do their feet.

Soon, the room is filled with monstrous and deformed beastmen. Their eyes lack the spark of human life, filled only with a primitive hunger. Around each neck is a collar, with runes burned into it.
Gregory Stone
 player, 142 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 29 Apr 2009
at 05:54
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Well.........poop.
Greg was too stunned to scream out the profanities that came to mind.
Honestly, she was actually too scared to be....well, scared.

She drew back her arm, fulling pulling back the bowstring on the large elven longbow until her dainty but callused hand was resting on her cheek, as her arms instructor had taught her.

"i have a 'dispel magic' spell ready to cast" she thought.  "plus, 'magic weapon', if need be.  still, let's see if something pointy will work first"

She awaits only Tizona's order to begin firing.  Or, of course, for the creatures to charge.
Dan Rycov
 player, 96 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 29 Apr 2009
at 07:07
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan was pretty much crapping himself right now. Fighting zombies and monks were one thing, they were humanoid and easy enough to believe they could win. These things were like giant attack bears on steroids. Dan looked at his two blades and wished he had a shotgun instead. He hoped watching Legolas on the lord of the rings movies and his high agility would somehow give him a way of avoiding death in this fight.

Dan awaits for any sign of an attack before he goes in for one. Never attack first, he'd read in books about weapon combat in ages past, always let your opponent attack first so you can react and counter his moves.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 44 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2009
at 11:17
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"... Shit."

Sarah crouches down, ready to spring at any openings she sees. She has both daggers firmly in hand, ready to throw one if needed.
John Maxwell
 player, 37 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2009
at 14:01
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John blinks in surprise. "Oh hell..." she says looking around at the changing monks. "This could be bad."
Cassander Miraz
 player, 59 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2009
at 14:35
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Tizona cursed softly in Elvish.  The curse contrasted with the smile that was slowly spreading across her delicate features.  The original plan had been to sneak around but if the Big Bad knew that they were here now, there was no need to be quiet any longer.

Tizona had been standing towards the back of the party and she now creapt forward to speak softly with her companions.  "Aliana.  Do you have a dispel magic or protection from evil spell handy?  Kenjinn, Alyissia, what do you have spell-wise ready?  Sorry, I should have asked earlier."

Her Elven companions would recognize the destructive gleam in Tizonas eyes.  It wasn't often that she had a chance to cut loose with some of the more powerful spells at her disposal, and she'd had to restrain herself in the barfight earlier.  Here however, all bets were off.  "I'm thinking fireball myself, as a starter but I think that we can stack it with a couple of other spells and really do some damage.  A Dispel Magic to cancel out those collars they're wearing, and hopefully their transformation, and maybe a Grease spell to impeed their movement and catch on fire from my fireball.  We can take them out at range."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:08, Wed 29 Apr 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 148 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 29 Apr 2009
at 22:18
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Having had the spell in mind, Greg delved into Sister Aliana's memories for how to cast the divine "miracle".  Holding her bow aside, she grips her precious holy symbol and raises her voice gently to the heavens.
Great Fharlanghn, Lord of the Horizons, please aid yoiur humble servant.  Help her remove the foul magics that impede her life's journey!

Once again, Greg could feel the presense of the Divine.....Something.  The pseudo-agnostic was trying REALLY hard not to dwell on that, especially now.  Still, there was an undeniable presense that made itself felt, seeming to spread from the wooden disk around her neck, pulsing through her tense body to radiate outward.  She directed the holy energy towards their foes, hoping that this magic was something she had the power to undo.
Dan Rycov
 player, 106 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 2 May 2009
at 00:38
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Kenjinn suddenly remembers a spell he put on his sheet that would be VERY useful right here. "Cass! I just remembered I have a Sleep spell! Couldn't I use that to put down our fuzzy foes?" He told Cassander with a smile on his face, temporarily forgetting immenent death. Also, he used illiteration! Which is either a very good sign or a very bad sign.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 63 posts
Sat 2 May 2009
at 00:52
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander, or it might have been Tizona, had her heart set on tossing a fireball into the furballs.  In the end it didn't matter how the fuzzies were put down.  Tizona shrugged, and looked disappointed, making a cute pouting face.  It was all in jest of course.

Maybe.

"Oh pooh.  All yours Kenjinn.  I suppose that I'll just have to save my fireballs."
Storyteller
 GM, 44 posts
Sat 2 May 2009
at 03:13
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The creatures growl loudly, bearing their teeth.

"Go on then you dogs. Tear them up. The weak ones will become just like you, while any that survive with make good pack leaders"

The indistinct laughter echoes through the room again.

Greg's 'Dispel Magic' is cast successfully, but it does nothing more than cause the creature's to twitch for a moment before lunging towards the party.
Gregory Stone
 player, 153 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 2 May 2009
at 12:04
Re: Scenario (D&D)
'plan "B" didn't work, so we're back to plan "A", by which I mean kill stuff'
The thought went through Greg's head, almost of its own accord.
Greg had the fine elven longsword that she was quite proficient with, but stuck with the bow for now, waiting until the nasty, slathering things got too close for bows.

Memories flooded into Greg's head, memories of someone else.  Aliana's arms instructor, Jenatti, had tried to coax the novice cleric away from the traditional sword and bow, so beloved by the elven people, to the quarterstaff that was said to have been favored by the God, Fharlanghn, himself.  Although consenting to training in the simple but elegant weapon, made from the wood that elves loved so much, young Sister Aliana never gave up her love of the sword.  It was a choice more common among elves than, say, human clerics of the Wandering God, but one that never seemed to stop annoying her sharp tongued weapons instructor.
Good times.

The memories were actually sort of comforting, as distracting and disconcertingly alien as they were, because they at least boosted Greg's confidence that she was good with her weapons.

Taking aim at the nearest beast, she fired at its chest, ready to change to her sword if need be.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:07, Sat 02 May 2009.

Storyteller
 GM, 45 posts
Sun 3 May 2009
at 11:05
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The arrow flies true and strikes the nearest creature. It howls in rage as thick, black blood drips from the wound.

The creature scampers back with its head low and another takes it's place, moving and snarling towards the party.
Gregory Stone
 player, 155 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 3 May 2009
at 12:13
Re: Scenario (D&D)
OOC: I'm assuming that others go before me, but just in case you need to move forward before I can log on again:

Greg follows the simple formula learned in both his mediocre archery instruction, and her extensive weapons training:
Draw arrow.
Nock arrow.
Draw bowstring.
Aim arrow.
Release bowstring.
Repeat as needed.

Greg is ready to modify this plan if the situation changes, and is working not to think about the fact that her arrows are sinking into the flesh of a fellow living being, albeit one that looks like it's trying to eat her.
Dan Rycov
 player, 108 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 4 May 2009
at 10:27
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan tries to summon up his magic spells, both through praying and trying his psychic abilities. He focuses on the words speel and the image of the cultist attack bears (quite possibly the most awesome thing on Rpol) as sleeping on the floor, drooling like idiots. He mutters to whatever gods of D&D he remembers to help him in this task, trying not to focus on the amazing strangeness of such a thing.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 45 posts
Mon 4 May 2009
at 11:52
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Somehow, I'm not surprised."

Sarah begins to maneuver around as the creatures approach, throwing her daggers with pinpoint accuracy, catching them when they return, wash, rinse, repeat. As soon as she can get into position to sneak attack one or more of the creatures, she does so with gusto.
John Maxwell
 player, 39 posts
Mon 4 May 2009
at 13:44
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Damn abominations." John snarled. Having given up her bow she was left only with her elvish short swords. She charged in, staying low to attack up and at her foe's throat. She didn't know how but she just 'knew' where she should place her attacks to take out her enemies quickest. Somewhere in the back of John's mind(because at the front was surviving) she knew that her knowledge on the subject was most likly because she had taken improved critical at one of her feats. Right now though it didn't matter, she had no intention on finding out what happened if they died in this 'dream'.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 64 posts
Tue 5 May 2009
at 02:11
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander was waiting to follow up Dan's sleep spell with a fireball.  A small marble of flames danced on the tip of her finger, waiting for the command to be released upon their enemies.  Then John had leapt forward, charging into their opponents.

Cassander frowned.  She couldn't unleash her fireball for it would hit John.  If she had reacted just a little quicker she could have let it off before the Ranger ran into the fray.  It was too late now.

She thought quickly, her mind racing over her options.  Cassander wanted to help John but how?  Then it came to her.  The mystical energies that she had gathered together for the fireball she changed, molding them into a 5 foot sphere of fire.

"Someone watch my back please." she said as she gestured the rolling ball of flame forward with a graceful motion of her hand.  Starting at another end of the room, she guided the ball into her opponents, she could cover the flanks of John and anyone else that went forward.  The only problem was that she couldn't move while directing her fire ball.
Storyteller
 GM, 46 posts
Wed 6 May 2009
at 08:36
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The monstrous creatures howl as they are struck by Greg's arrows.

Dan's Sleep spell seems to work as several of the bears suddenly collapse on the spot. More leap over their fallen and injured comrades, however, meeting John and Sarah in a flash of claw, tooth and blade.

Cassander's fire ball erupts on contact with the creatures, burning fur and flesh.

Despite this, the creatures continue to close in and the melee fighters are cut off from the archer and mages. One of the creature's sinks its teeth into John's arm, causing it to go numb and his thoughts to become scrambled.
Gregory Stone
 player, 157 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 6 May 2009
at 11:54
Re: Scenario (D&D)
JOHN!!!!  NO!!!!
Greg's mind froze for a split second in panic.
No!  You have to concentrate, your friends need you.

Greg went through Sister Aliana's repertoire of spells, magic items, and even skills.  Nothing seemed up to the task.
She was about to drop her bow and wade in with her sword (which might just be like throwing a bucket of water at a forest fire) when she remembered Dan's trick with the chairs.

"i wonder" she urgently mused, "if I could do that too."

Thinking back, Greg wasn't even completely sure that Dan HAD summoned the chairs, but they were in a desparate situation, and desparate actions were called for.

She'd always been very good at visualizing things, at imagining things.  So that's what she did.

Greg remembered a cartoon that an older friend had said that she'd "had to watch" and that had been "so bad, that it was great".   It was the old "Dungeons and Dragons" cartoon put out years ago by a japanese animation company that had made the rounds on one of the Disney cable channels last year.   Greg's friend was right, it HAD been horrible.  Obviously made by someone who had no interest in the actual game.  Not surprising, given the difficulty of marketing such a thing to the mass market.

The show was about six kids that magically get transported to a D&D type world (not as far-fetched NOW, Greg had to admit, although the kids on the show got to stay as themselves, the lucky little bastards).   Once there, they were taken under the wing of a stereotypically enigmatic wizard with the cringeworthy name of "Dungeon Master".  To help them fight evil, he gave them each a magic item, which were each the equivalent of an artifact, in normal D&D terms.
While the show was seriously bad, there was one cool thing:  the magical longbow used by the "ranger".
It was a bow that shot mystical energy instead of arrows (can't have little kids see an orc get an arrow to the throat, after all!).   The energy arrows, however, were incredibly powerful, being able to do everything from bend into rope to tie up an opponent, to exploding on impact to knock a foe into next week.

Greg wanted that bow.

The cleric quickly pulled another arrow from her quiver, but committed her mind to fully visualizing the arrow becoming the glowing yellow energy arrows from the show.  Fully seeing them, in her mind's eye, smashing into each beast guy with the force of a speeding bus.

Gritting her perfect white teeth, she sent her arrows flying.
Dan Rycov
 player, 109 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 6 May 2009
at 13:24
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan saw the creature sink it's teeth into John and gasped of his own. His spell had taken down some of the creatures, but these ones had prevailed and were now attacking them! This time they were actually a threat.

Something took over Dan, whether it be Kenjinn, his own sense of rage or just adrenaline, something took over his common sense and made him move in to fight this monster himself. He drew his twin blades and leapt at the advancing monsters, climbing onto the back of one and sinking his blades into it's flesh. It looked just like a scene from a Lord of the Rings movie with Legolas kicking ass, except it was Dan and he wasn't an elf.

He was just a wierd guy who'de been turned into a fantasy bard. But right now he'd become an adrenaline-powered warrior, only slightly being directed by his common sense now. Leaping at giant bears was certainly evidence of that.
John Maxwell
 player, 40 posts
Wed 6 May 2009
at 22:22
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John snarled as the creature as it bit her. Almost immediantly her fighting style changed completely, she was no longer making well placed, graceful strikes, she begain fighting more on instinct. Her attacks begin to get closer throwing elbows, and knees. Though she wasn't thinking it, hopefully getting in close would keep the beasts from being able to use there claws well. Her swords were no longer slashing at the beasts but stabbing, it looked like she'd be better fighting with daggers than shortswords. It was clear she wasn't thinking clearly, hopefully she could keep this up and keep from getting herself killed.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 65 posts
Wed 6 May 2009
at 22:36
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"John!"  Cassander joined her companions in expressing her concern over the elf.  She did what she could to guide her rolling ball of flame towards the other elf, but it's movement was impeeded by other beastmen and when it finally got near to John, the ball fizzled out.

"We've got to get her." She said, watching the other beastmen close around John.  Cassander started to run through the spells that she knew.  Most of them were area effect spells or ones that couldn't get enough of the beastmen off of John.  She could also feel her arcane energies beginning to wane, obviously the Sorceress was running out of available spells that she could cast.

Cassander still had a number of lower level spells but nothing that she could think of that could be useful here.  She wanted to keep enough energy for a high level shield spell, that she was saving to protect the party if they started to be overwhelmed, except that the party was split up.

The Sorceress clutched the bow, reaching into the quiver for an arrow and loosed it at the beastmen surrounding John.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 46 posts
Wed 6 May 2009
at 22:42
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah wordlessly begins to somersault and vault under, around, and over the beastmen, her daggers flashing here and there, into ones spine, through another's gut, across a third's eyes. She's leveraging her superior agility over the beastmen's sheer strength.
Storyteller
 GM, 47 posts
Sun 10 May 2009
at 12:59
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan's swift strikes bring him into melee combat with the creatures, dodging tooth and claw. Inevitably, a D&D Character rarely dodges every attack. For each of the beastmen he fights, Dan receives a fresh scratch or bruise. One manages to bull-rush him, knocking him to the ground and giving it the perfect chance to rip out his neck.

A finely crafted +1 Arrow flies overhead and finds its place deep in the creature's fur. Greg releases another, and it stumbles back roaring. Gathering his might, Dan's twin blades sever the creature's head from its shoulders.

Nearby, Cassander's arrows leap from her bow and into the beastmen surrounding John. But it does not seem to be those arrows that are doing the most damage. His blades flying left and right like a Barbarian's Rage, the beastmen are brutally butcher one by one. But this reckless fighting he adopted is not without its cost, and with his defences wide open the beastmen are beginning to wear on him.

Sarah's nimble blades and Cassander's arrows seem to preventing John's reckless demise, but even with their help his health is clearly beginning to drop. One beastman almost tears through John's back, but Sarah knocks it out of the way as she jumps past.

John, however, does not seem to be relenting in his fury. In fact, it seems to be getting worse.
Gregory Stone
 player, 158 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 10 May 2009
at 13:49
Re: Scenario (D&D)
As she "wished" for the brutally destructive cartoon arrows, Greg was half expecting nothing more than the magical equivalent of the "WHA-WHA-WHAAAAAHHHH" sound that is heard on game shows when a contestant loses big.
Still, he is actually disappointed when they don't appear.
On the other hand......Magic Arrows are definitely a step in the right direction.

The elven archer was about to keep going when she saw her friend John on her last legs ("Kind of a strange expression, really, since 'last legs' implies more than one, which for John would mean all of them, which....kinda means that he's actually fine, but whatever).

Tizona!!!!!   Think Magic Arrows!!!!   Use your imagination and visualize MAGIC ARROWS!!!!!

Having said that, Greg realized that she couldn't engage in combat any longer when healing was so desparately needed.  It was normal D&D ettiquitte to wait until  the combat was over before dishing out the "cure lights", but John needed her NOW, and Greg would never, ever forgive herself if anything happened to his ranger friend, especailly after she'd been such a good friend and teacher on the way here from the elven.....DAMMIT!  No!  That was Aliana's memories, not his!  Focus!

Stowing her bow and pulling her finely crafted elven sword, the cleric readied her holy symbol and tried to run to the ranger's side, prepared to fight her way there.   She was also trying to use the same trick that she'd used on the arrows on her sword.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 47 posts
Sun 10 May 2009
at 14:15
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah follows the principle of 'If it aint broke, dont fix it', and continues her acrobatics. She begins to focus more on keeping John alive and slashing, but making sure that she's out of the path of his blades.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 66 posts
Sun 10 May 2009
at 16:42
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Magic Arrows?  Magic Arrows!!!"  Cassander hadn't thought about using magic arrows.  If she could enchant arrows, why not everyones weapons, arrows and blades.

"I'll do you one better Aliana."  She slung the bow to free up her hands and started to focus her arcane energies.  If she couldn't think of a spell to pull John out from underneath that horde of beastmen then she was going to make sure that the group could fight better.  Energies woven into a spell to enchant weapons, keen the edges, strengthen the metal.  Tendrils of energy spun out from her outstretched hands, touching the bare metal of the weapons.

"If you guys can pull Alyissia out of that mess, I have a spell that can shield us." she said, pulling out the bow again, once the spell had been cast.  She readied an arrow, a faint ethereal glow coming from the arrowhead, and loosed it at their enemies.  "I should have brought out my Paladin."
John Maxwell
 player, 41 posts
Sun 10 May 2009
at 23:53
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Probally to her friends surprise(and most likely horror) John actually dropped her weapons. She grew more violent moving even faster then her elven reflexs should have allowed if that was even possibly. She start to bite, kick and scratch with a fury that would make a bezerker feel at home. She didn't even seem to acknowledge her friends were even there at this point.
Gregory Stone
 player, 159 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 11 May 2009
at 01:56
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg is horrified to see what's happening to John.  Is this some kind of Ranger battle fury or....

Oh god!!!   Please don't be a werewolf, please don't be a werewolf, please don't be a werewolf.......

Because, Greg thought, I'm not sure what spell cures it, but I know I don't have it right now.


The thought of having to subdue the crazed ranger until morning left her cold.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 67 posts
Mon 11 May 2009
at 02:48
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander loosed another enchanted arrow.  Her eyes followed the path to the target and she watched the arrow embed itseld in an opponent, and saw John toss away her swords and start fighting more animalistically.

"This is not good." she muttered as she readied another arrow.  If this was lycanthropy, Cassander wasn't sure what she could do about it.  Did she have a Remove curse spell or was that the Cleric?  And would it work on a werebeast?

"Don't let them bite you!" she shouted to her companions, loosing another arrow.  There had to be something that she could do, but what.  Dammit Tizona, think.
Dan Rycov
 player, 110 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 11 May 2009
at 09:16
Re: Scenario (D&D)
As Dan was pinned down to the ground, two things ran through his mind:

"BAAAGGGAAAAHHHH!!!"
"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!"


Luckily, or unluckily depending on how you look at it, he listened to the second option. He slipped his hands out of the grip of the monster and attempted to stab the monster in the shoulders, if he ould do that he might be able to jump on it's back and use him like a ventriliquist. If such a thing was possible, only he wold think of doing it.
Storyteller
 GM, 48 posts
Tue 12 May 2009
at 12:40
Re: Scenario (D&D)
As John drops his/her weapons, you see him/her begin to change, slowly at first but more quickly as it progresses.

Her body begins to become larger and more bent forward, as her legs thicken and the bones begin to warp. Her nails become sharp claws, and her teeth long and sharp. Her golden eyes are filled with blood lust.

Hair begins to sprout across her body as she continues to grow, the straps of her clothes snapping beneath her new bulk. Her face begins to become elongated, a blending of that of elf and wolf.

Soon, John, or even his character does not stand before you. A werewolf does. A werewolf tearing his opponents into literal shreds.

The beastmen do not relent by this sudden transformation, however. They seem to have been filled with similar bloodlust, and it takes all your concentration to hold them at bay. There numbers are falling, however.

As each 'round' passes, fewer and fewer rise when they are struck by arrows or blades. Cassander's magic gives you another added edge, your weapons flowing more freely and cutting more smoothly.

Soon, the last beastmen falters. But the Werewolf continues to tear everything to shreds.
Gregory Stone
 player, 160 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 12 May 2009
at 13:05
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg stands between John and the rest of the party, sword held ready but loosely, watching the wolf-girl tear into the fallen enemies savagely.
The elf maiden's stomach lurches and she tries to focus on her friend, not his victims.
She hadn't had the chance to heal the ranger until now, and now she hesitated.

What happened when the shapely werewolf grew bored with her dying prey?

Greg still had a few spells left, just in case, and her belt (provided that it carried over like his other Magic Items), was a Healing Belt, which provided a bit of healing magic on a daily basis.
The cleric, however, hoped against hope, even going so far as muttering a distracted prayer to God, Fharlanghn, and even Chris, that she wouldn't have to use any of it to defend the party from John.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:09, Tue 12 May 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 68 posts
Tue 12 May 2009
at 13:26
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander held the bow at the ready, intending to sweep the room for any additional enemies, but her eyes never left John.  She watched silent as the werewolf tore into the downed bodies of their opponents.  It was one thing to have a Dungeon Master describe the action, it was something completely different to see it for real.  The animalistic fury was breathtaking and frightening at the same time.

With the beastmen downed, the situation had changed.  Now instead of a horde they faced only one opponent, who was also their friend.  Tizona had known Alyissia for sometime, and had grown to like the Ranger over the course of their travels but seeing her like this was something that she never expected.  Could she cure her friend?

Tizona raced through the list of spells that she knew.  She was the heavy hitter of the group, most of her spells were meant to buff or damage, not cure.  Curing was the venue of the Cleric.  She was pretty certain that she could kill Alyissia but that was not the best cure for Lycanthropy.  Perhaps the elders in their tribe would have a better idea.

"Uhm...guys?" she said softly, not wanting to attract the werewolfs attention just yet.  "We have a new problem."
Gregory Stone
 player, 161 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 12 May 2009
at 13:37
Re: Scenario (D&D)
From her position at the front of the group, Greg looks back, slightly, and raised her delicate eyebrows.

Ya think?

Realizing that the response probably sounded like the cavalier attitude that had so pissed her off when Dan had shown it, she added:

Sorry.   I mean, yeah, and I'm at a loss as to what to do.  I don't have a Cure Disease or a Remove Curse "memorized" or in my "spell list" or whatever the frick it is that clerics have, and can't get it until sunrise.  Maybe we can tackle her and tie her up?
As she says it, it's obvious that she knows it's a bad idea, but seems unsure about what else to do.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 69 posts
Tue 12 May 2009
at 13:44
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander scowled back at Gregs snippy response.  Sure she had been pointing out the obvious, but she had to say something, if only to break out of the spell of watching John dismember corpses.  Snippiness wasn't very constructive at this point, however it was understandable given the situation.  Everyone was a little on edge.

"I don't think that we want to get close to her.  One bite and our problems could double.  You saw how quickly John changed.  We can try a sleep spell or maybe our Bard can sing John into submission.  I...I don't know."
Gregory Stone
 player, 162 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 12 May 2009
at 13:56
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg blinked in realization.

Actually, that's a REALLY good idea, Tizona.
Kenjinn, can you start playing your bard music?  A bard your level should have the power to
"hath charms to sooth the savage beast".


Of course, she thought, the original quote is "savage breast", but that's too ironic at the moment.

Just, um, set your bardic song to, uh, "fascinate", or something.
She shrugged helplessly, acknowledging yet another thing that they all took for granted in a game that now seemed so alien in "real life".

She backed up slowly and smoothly to be in line with the rest of them, trying not to attract the ranger's attention. still holding her sword loosely so she might be able to at least hold the werewolf at bay, if need be.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 48 posts
Tue 12 May 2009
at 21:46
Re: Scenario (D&D)
As the elf wolfs out, Sarah tumbles over next to Greg. She reaches into a belt pouch and pulls out a handful of berries, handing them to the cleric.

"Belladonna. Feed it to him within an hour, and it cures him. I think."

She prepares to go fully on defense, keeping the attention of the former ally.
Gregory Stone
 player, 163 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 13 May 2009
at 11:48
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg took the herbs from Sarah and held them protectively.

"of course', she thought, "that assumes that John WANTS to be healed."

She nods her thanks to the rogue, still mesmerized by their friend's changes.
Dan Rycov
 player, 111 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 13 May 2009
at 13:05
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan looks at Greg dubiously. Very dubiously. "I'm not sure a werewolf is like Fluffy from Harry Potter 1" He replies, expressing his dubiousness. Regardless, his music might come in handy for another plan. "I could distract John with an annoying tune while you sneak up and feed h... it the antidote?" He asked the rest of the group, summoning a violin into his hands with magic. Both soothing and excruciatingly painful to the ears.
Gregory Stone
 player, 164 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 13 May 2009
at 22:36
Re: Scenario (D&D)
No, Kenjinn, that EXACTLY how it works, JUST like Fluffy in Harry Potter!   
Greg whispers to the bard frantically.  She doesn't push it though, not wanting to fight with the abrasive man again, despite him verbally "slapping her down again".  She gritted her teeth, though and braced herself to go with his plan.

It was an old D&D rule, "It's better to go with the lesser of two plans or two leaders then to have two good ones waste time fighting and arguing."

Still, she was supposed to...what?  Force-feed the werewolf?  She didn't want to get bitten!  Still, she was probably the best fighter after the ranger, so there was nothing else for it, she supposed.
John Maxwell
 player, 42 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 00:29
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John stopped ripping into the bodies as Dan began to play. She slowly turns and glared at him, like he was something she didn't want to put up with before snarling "Dan if you don't cut out that racket right now, I'm gonna smash that violin over your head."

Despite the obvious threat, it seemed like she was back to normal... at least mentally.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 49 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 00:34
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sarah doubletakes.

"Wait, are you a natural? Damn, that must have set you back a few levels..."
Gregory Stone
 player, 165 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 14 May 2009
at 00:42
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg almost dropped the Belladonna.
J-John?  Are you...ok?
So.....you're NOT a crazed werewolf who'd going to try to kill us?
Um.....I don't mean to pry, you know, just asking.


Greg's nervousness is making him babble a bit.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 70 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 03:47
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander lowered the bow.  "Wait, what?!  What's going on?"  she said, looking around at her companions.  "Is this some obscure rule that I don't know about?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 166 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 14 May 2009
at 04:12
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg lets out a nervous twitter of laughter.
Maybe the game was mixing genres and the beastman bit activated John's "mutant gene"?
She shrugged.
Maybe the bite of these critters isn't like a normal werewolf bite and a strong will can keep control?
Who knows?
This whole DAY isn't exactly going according to the rulebooks we bought at the comic store, guys.


Greg puts the Belladonna away, but keeps it handy.
Storyteller
 GM, 49 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 10:12
Re: Scenario (D&D)
After a moment, John shudders, and she slowly resumes the form of a wild elven woman, except the majority of her clothes broke off during her transformation.

Ehem.

The Beastmen corpses lay strewn around the room, the same place they dropped when they were slain by the party. The voice does not speak again, and two sets of Iron doors lead out of the room, each in the opposite direction.
Gregory Stone
 player, 167 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 14 May 2009
at 10:35
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Are you in control of this, John? And...um...you've been working out, haven't you?
Greg's voice is serious until the end, when she gets a case of the giggles.
She reaches into her satchel and pulls out a spare outfit, taking it to the raggedly dressed (sort of) woman.
Just try to take them off when you change next time.  That's my only set of spare clothes.

Looking back at the others, she smiles.
Well.......that was extremely weird.  Do we want to want to go through one of those doors, or head back topside.  I've still got ....some spells left.  God, it still feels weird to say that.
Dan Rycov
 player, 112 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 14 May 2009
at 13:41
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan averted his eyes from the gender-switched naked girl/guy elf. There's enough confusion in his mind with clothes on somone like that. Regardless, having not to deal with a werewolf who can tear giant attack bears limb from limb is certainly a positive note, kind of. Dan moved over to the doors while John got dressed and looked inside both sets of doors to see what was behind them.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 71 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 13:56
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander felt conflicted watching the mostly naked elf.  Part of her thought that while the ranger was certainly attractive, she had nothing that Cassander hadn't seen before, a detachment reserved for viewing another of ones gender.  On the other hand, part of him was staring with a dropped jaw at the stunning elf girl.  She had to turn away, confused at what she was thinking.  Once more Cassander was left wondering just how much of her was still Cassander and how much was Tizona.

"Okay, I'm still confused.  What just happened Alyissia?" she said as she put the bow away.  "I'm also running low on magic.  Maybe finding a place to settle for the night would be a good idea.  Hehe.  Think about it.  We're running through a dungeon with strange cultists as night falls.  Does this sound like a horror movie plot or what?"
John Maxwell
 player, 43 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 13:59
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John shook her head "I've got some of my own." she reaches into her pack and pulls out a second set of cloths and starts putting them on, turning away from the group, frankly because she was embaress.

"As for your questions. Yes I made Alyissia a were-wolf. I forgot about it in the excitement. Just be glad that it was those beast things that triggered the bezerking... I... don't know what would happen if I lost control while fighting humaniod opponents..." she said as she finished changing and turned around.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 50 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 14:06
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"I see... can I have that back, then?"

She holds her hand out to take back the belladonna.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 72 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 14:10
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander turend back to the ranger.  "Really?  Alyissia is a werewolf.  That's kind of a neat character hook.  Would've been nice if you told us earlier, so we're not soiling ourselves over your safety."

"You're...not...contagious, are you?  I mean would you turn us into werewolves if we were bitten?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 168 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 14 May 2009
at 22:05
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg hands the belladonna back to Sarah, nodding her thanks, making sure not to get any on her spare clothes, that she stuffs back into her magic satchel.
She kept her eyes averted from Alyissia athleticly toned body.
Part of her was Greg thinking: "Naked Chick! Whoo Hoo!"
Another part, though, was non-plussed, as Sister Aliana was looking at nothing more exciting the her friend, who just happened to be nude.
She admired the ranger's body (and Tizona's, and Sarah's, and....Kenji...)
Greg froze for a second and purposely forced herself away at THAT particular train of thought.

Greg was fighting off a memory of Aliana's, of group baths with a group of other elven maidens after warrior training sessions.  It had been playful at times, but certainly not erotic or sexy.  It was kind of depressing.

She shook her head and looked at Tizona.


I feel kinda funny just "setting up camp" for the night, but maybe we should go back and sleep for a bit.  What's behind the doors, Kenjinn?
Cassander Miraz
 player, 73 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 22:15
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"I know that it sounds wierd, but another fight like this last one and I'm going to be out of magic."  Cassander said with a shrug.  "We can't exactly camp out here in the evil cults temple.  How rediculous would that be?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 169 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 14 May 2009
at 23:00
Re: Scenario (D&D)
I was actually thinking of going back to the tower room we started in, as much as I hate to backtrack. It's a long walk back, but there's no reason we can't go back to the "haunted tower" tonight.  I only need about two hours of sleep, so I can STILL take "first watch", if you guys want. 
John Maxwell
 player, 44 posts
Thu 14 May 2009
at 23:05
Re: Scenario (D&D)
John shook her head. "One problem with that. We may not have 8 hours to rest... While we could probally be excused for treating this like a game complete with the rules. We also need to consider that this is real... Like myself back there... I literally lost control of myself, I blacked out and when on a bezerk rampage, me not Alyissia... well I am Alyissia now but you get my point. Cassander, you said you could go one more fight like that without resting right? Greg, Dan, what about you two?" she asked. Apparently her experiance in the past few minutes had both worried her and brought her down a different line of though, from what she and the other had been doing.
Gregory Stone
 player, 170 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 14 May 2009
at 23:35
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg shrugs.
As weird as it sounds to talk about having "one more fight", I guess I could keep going.  I've got only a few spells left, but none of us are really hurt too seriously.  I could cure what wounds we have.  That reminds me, John, not that you're NOT going to eat us, how are you feeling?  Need any healing or anything? 
Cassander Miraz
 player, 74 posts
Fri 15 May 2009
at 05:28
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"I could go through another fight.  I have a couple high level spell slots left and a bunch of lower level ones, but after that I'm going to be relying on my Elven sword and bow skills." Cassander said.  She was starting to walk about the room, daintily lifting her skirt to step over dead cultists, and seeing what else was in the room.  "What are you thinking John?"
Dan Rycov
 player, 113 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 15 May 2009
at 06:36
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan turned back to the group from the doors. "Maybe I can find out if we have to fight anyway" He said with a smug tone, starting to like all these puerpowers they had, expecially trancendant mind powers. "I put the invisibility spell on my sheet and... well, who the hell hasn't thought of turning invisible!? Scouting ahead would also be good, make sure we don't run into anymore attack bear cults"
Gregory Stone
 player, 171 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 15 May 2009
at 06:55
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Sounds like a good plan, Kenjinn.  We'll wait here.  Holler if you need us, though, ok?

It was advice that bordered on "if you fall off the boat, try to keep your head above water" in the catagory of 'No Duh!', but Greg's nervousness was back, now that the adrenaline high was fading.

Anyone still need healing?


OOC: good job snagging post #500, Dan!    I tried for it, but you were too fast.  (makes growly face)
Dan Rycov
 player, 114 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 15 May 2009
at 07:07
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan quickly summoned up the Invisiblity spell using the method he'd done to use the sleep spell, and headed through the right door.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 75 posts
Sat 16 May 2009
at 19:12
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Invisibility." Cassander said, mentally smacking her head.  "Why didn't I think of that?  Be careful Kenjinn."

She continued to look over the room.
Gregory Stone
 player, 172 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 16 May 2009
at 20:53
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg looked around at his friends.  They looked a little frazzled but not to badly hurt, unlike.....these other.....

The elf suddenly looks positively green and looks around frantically.   She staggered (although still looking gracefu) behind one of the grotesque statues and promptly vomited.  She tries to be quiet, but the sound of retching and gagging echoes softly through the room.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 76 posts
Sat 16 May 2009
at 21:13
Re: Scenario (D&D)
"Greg?  Are you okay?" Cassander called to her friend.  She wasn't all that close but could hear the retching sound.  This caused some concern of course.  The sorceress started to make her way to the cleric.  Was she bitten?  Oh, plese don't let her be bitten.
Gregory Stone
 player, 173 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 16 May 2009
at 21:26
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The episode doesn't last long.  Greg remembered,at the last minute, to hold back his newly long blonde hair. If Tizona voluteers, she can hold the hair back for her.  When she's finished, the pale elf woman backs away from the mess she'd made behind the statue, nodding her thanks to the beautiful sorceress.  Greg wiped her mouth on a face cloth from her bag and starts to lean against the statue, but jerks her hand away as if from a hot stove and instead backs up to lean against the wall, taking deep breaths and looking unsteadily at her friend.  Then she starts laughing.

Out of breath a bit, she says:
You.....know, (pant) one of the most...disconcerting things to (huff) happen so far, is the (pant) fact that I just threw up a meal that I never physically ate.  How (huff) funny is that?

She's still chuckling, looking more embarrassed than anything else.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 77 posts
Sat 16 May 2009
at 22:06
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander makes a very noticable effort to keep her eyes away from the back of the statue.  "Are you always this philosophical when you're sick?" she asks, joining in and laughing softly, maybe it was more of a giggle.  She had helped to hold the elven clerics long hair out of the stream of mess as though it was no big deal, like scratching an itch.

"Of all the disconcerting things to happen to us so far, I wouldn't guess that the reappearance of a previous meal would be one of them."  The sorceress brushed a long stray hair out of the clerics face, a sisterly gesture that gave her another little start.  There's that wierd connection feeling again.

"Are you going to be okay now?  You...ehm...might want to do something...about...your...breath.  Just a suggestion."
Gregory Stone
 player, 174 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 16 May 2009
at 22:24
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg chuckled at the "breath" comment.
I was just about to.
She pours some water from her waterskin, being careful not to touch it with her lips, and swishes it around, spitting it, somehow in a lady-like way, behind the statue.  She repeats the act twice more.

She grins at her elven friend.
"Might want to do something...".  Heh. I think it's kinda obvious who here DIDN'T take any ranks in Diplomacy.

She laughs softly, almost daintily.
No, I'm not normal "philosophical", but I am prone to...."weird, random thoughts" on occaision.  And the idea of throwing up a meal that someone else technically ate just....occured to me, believe it or not.  Maybe I'm just trying to distract myself from....

The pretty elven girl gestures vaguely toward the killing floor, especially "wolf-girl's" handiwork.

Still, thanks.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to "freak out" again.  I was hoping that I'd gotten most of it out of my system.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 78 posts
Sat 16 May 2009
at 22:33
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander smirked and lightly punched Greg in the shoulder.  "Hey!  I'll have you know that I did take some ranks in Diplomacy.  With Tizonas high Charisma it made sense.  Would you rather I just say 'Hey Cookie-tossing girl, you need a breath mint so bad that the stone walls are melting'?  I guess there's a difference between ranks in a skill and actual practice."

She spared a glance around the room.  "It's alright if you want to freak out.  It's not like we see stuff like this back home.  I mean you never really think about what's left after a fight, do you.  You do the damage to fell your opponent and then they sort of cease to exist, unless you loot their pockets for treasure."  The sorceress gave Greg's shoulder a squeeze before she turned to go back to examining the room.  "I have to get away from you.  Now you're making me wax all philosophically." she grinned.
Gregory Stone
 player, 175 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 16 May 2009
at 22:55
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg laughed at her friend's comments.  Impulsively, she gave Tizona a hug, the first she'd actually initiated.  The warm coziness was only slightly marred by Aliana's chain shirt.

Ok, I'll be good. 

Releasing the woman, she looked around the room.
So, speaking of which, ARE we gonna "loot the dead"?  Now might be a good time, since I'm already 'on empty'.   Though I doubt that they kept anything in those crappy robes.   Still, it might give us a clue as to what the heck's going on here.

Greg was smiling again, if weakly, and went with Tizona to join the others.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 79 posts
Sat 16 May 2009
at 23:38
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Cassander returned the hug, a little surprised by it.  "I doubt that we'd find anything useful but we can give it a try.  We've got to entertain ourselves until Kenjinn gets back."
Gregory Stone
 player, 176 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 17 May 2009
at 00:09
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Greg nods, making a face at the mess.
She tries to make it look cool, but it probably ends up looking adorable.

Pulling on her leather gloves, she begins to carfully, methodically, and thuroughly go through any possible pockets, looking for anything useful, like symbols and anything written down.
Storyteller
 GM, 50 posts
Sun 17 May 2009
at 05:28
Re: Scenario (D&D)
The door creaks slightly as Dan opens it, and slowly makes his way into the next room unseen. He seems to be on the right side of a rectangular room, with pillars around the sides. Directly on the opposite side is another door, as is on the wall to Dan's left.

In the centre is a circular hole in the roof, showing a starry night sky. Directly below it is a pit the same size, with no clear bottom. Robed figures stand around the pit, at a distance so there hands would be joined if they raised them.

Against the shorter wall (to Dan's right), is a enormous stone throne. In it sits a robed and cloaked figure, sitting unmoving and seemingly waiting. Two armed figures, in armour seemingly far too large for them, stand on either side of the throne.

On either side of the door are two cloaked figures like the ones who became the beastmen. They are unmoving, and have not seem to detected Dan's presence.

 ----------
TT
 
/ \
| |CC| | <- Door and Dan
\ /
 
---------- CC ~ Pit and hole in roof TT ~ Throne | ~ Wall, with pillar a metre away - ~ Wall, no pillar Bold ~ A door


'Looting the corpses', Greg and Cassander may or may not be disappointed to find absolutely nothing of value at all.
Gregory Stone
 player, 177 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 17 May 2009
at 08:13
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Why am I NOT surprised? 
Greg says between gagging fits (she's had five so far).
My first chance to "loot the dead" and they're as poor as church mice.

One look on the elf maiden's innocent looking face makes it obvious that she's being ironic, probably to sooth her nerves.

The cleric tries to collect what arrows she can (it was part of her archery training) and joins the others.

Anybody know any good knock-knock jokes?  Or should we just take up guard positions around the room? 

The inhuman, but beautiful, face looks around at the others, and grins.

Or....so we want to make the horrifying mistake of talking about what's happened to all of us?  Given what's happened, does anyone have any new theories?
Dan Rycov
 player, 115 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 17 May 2009
at 09:54
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan sneaks into the room and hugs behind the pillars. He goes to inspect the pit and tries to see if he can see the person on the throne properly before going back and checking the other door before the spell ends.
Storyteller
 GM, 51 posts
Sun 17 May 2009
at 12:18
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Creeping quietly over towards the pit, Dan can only gaze down into darkness.

Without approaching too closely, Dan can see the lower half of her face beneath her hood. It is that of a rather attractive woman, but cold and emotionless. Then, as Dan surveys her, her lips curl into a small smile.
Dan Rycov
 player, 116 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 17 May 2009
at 13:10
Re: Scenario (D&D)
Dan takes this as the point where the evil villian'ess' now, has pretty much spotted him so he quickly heads for the door, making decision not to be sneaky this time as that's what always screws people over in the movies. He's invisible anyway and the door provides a small choke point if they do come through.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 80 posts
Mon 18 May 2009
at 13:30
Re: Scenario (D
In reply to Gregory Stone (msg #342):

Cassander finished fishing out usable arrows from dead bodies and frowned down at her cloak.  All of the searching through the bodies had left a few reddish spots on it.  Parts of her long skirt were similarily messed and she lifted up the end of the skirt to take a closer look.

"You ever notice that no one ever mentions the ickiness of getting dirt, not to mention someone elses blood, on your clothing?  There must be a better way to search dead bodies." She said, trying to rub a bit of the mess out of the hem.  "I probably need a shorter hem on this skirt."

She turned to look over at the Cleric, still holding up the end of her skirt.  "If you can divine any more ideas about what happened to us please feel free to let us know.  My head is still wrapped around us being in a dungeon fighting cultists, so I haven't really given it much thought."
Gregory Stone
 player, 178 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 18 May 2009
at 13:39
Re: Scenario (D
Greg laughed her very pretty laugh that she was becoming more and more used to.

No.  I've got nothing new to add.  This cult seems to be trying to "take over the world", but other than that....who knows?  It seems that going to our world seems key to the plan.  Or, it IS the plan.  Something like that.   You're right, we'll need more information.     By the way. Presidigitation.   It's a beginning Sorcerer spell that can make things dance, change color and other things, but, most importantly, it will clean up your clothes.   Very useful spell.

if you don't have it, though, perhaps there's some water nearby?

Cassander Miraz
 player, 81 posts
Mon 18 May 2009
at 18:41
Re: Scenario (D
Cassander felt like slapping herself.  Sure she had never played a magic user before but there was something almost insulting about the Cleric knowing some spells better than she did.  It was probably because Greg had played a spellcaster before and knew some of the spells that way.

"Prestidigation, eh?" Cassander said, looking at the dirty hem of her skirt.  How did she forget about that Cantrip?  If she had access to Tizonas memories and skills, wouldn't the elf have remembered Prestidigitation?  "Let's give this a try."

Cassander focused her arcane energies into the pattern required to cast the cantrip.  Lightly coloured tendrils reached out and brushed all the filth and blood from her clothing, leaving her almost looking like she had never worn them before.  When the spell had ended, Cassander did a little twirl, looking over her clothes as she did so.  "What do you know?  Better than a dry cleaner." she said, smiling with an almost girlish pride at looking more presentable.

"This brings up something that I've been wondering.  Our memories.  Our characters memories.  I wrote up a simple backstory for Tizona and I can actually remember those events as though they happened to me.  Even down to the emotional attachment.  When I think of how I almost burned down our house when my magic appeared and almost kill...killed my younger brother at the same time, I feel...sad..."  Cassander actually had to pause for a moment as the memory overcame her.  Tizona, like many sorcerors, was born with wild magic flowing through her and she had to learn to control it or it would spin chaotically out of control.  The one incident she could remember vividly.  The house burning, her parents scrambling about, her younger brother in the middle of the floor crying.  If Tizona hadn't pulled him out, after endangering him in the first place, the boy would be dead.

Cassander wiped her eyes with a cuff.  Her beautiful elven features showed an unearthly sadness, tears glittering in her eyes.  "Look at me.  I'm on the verge...I'm crying.  I'm crying over an incident that I described in a paragraph, like I had lived through it.  I can hear the screams of my family, the heat of the fire and the panic from what I had done."
Gregory Stone
 player, 179 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 18 May 2009
at 20:45
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
This time is was Greg who came to comfort her fellow elf, taking her in her strong arms.
It's going to be ok, Cassand...Tizon....(sigh).   Yes, I know what you mean.  I can vividly remember the day that Aliana had the "calling".  She was a orphan found by a wandering priest of Fharlanghn and raised in the temple, and worked there as a servant and scribe.   She was cleaning the Grand Scholar's office one day and saw a Map Of the Known World.  I can still remember, so WELL, how it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.  She actually felt....I actually felt, the presence of Fharlanghn that day.  The actually presence of a GOD.  It moved her to take her vows.  I haven't been to church since Sunday School, and haven't taken anything religous seriously in a decade, but I.....REMEMBER HIS presence!  I'm still not sure what's going to happen when I try  to "pray" to regain spells tomorrow. 
Storyteller
 GM, 52 posts
Mon 18 May 2009
at 21:50
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Dan makes his way back to the other room, his spell fading just as he makes his way through the door.
John Maxwell
 player, 45 posts
Tue 19 May 2009
at 00:08
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
John just listened in for the most part, before speaking up "You see this is why I'm worried about time. Hell, if you'll notice, you remember things you didn't write in your background. Granted they aren't as noticable, but I remember things like the first time my... my 'father' took me hunting, or when I was bitten..." she shudders violently for a second "Shit... never bringing that to memory again.." she said to herself. "Anyway. You asked if I was contagious... yeah... yeah, I am. But I at least can control myself in werewolf form, so you should have to worry that much..." though the tone was neutral, everyone could probally figure the underlying bit, 'but if I go bezerk like last time. Run like hell'.
Dan Rycov
 player, 117 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 19 May 2009
at 05:00
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Dan came back through the door in a hurry. "Right, well it's cult city through there. A big pit of doom, open ceiling, circled cultists, big armoured guardians and some sort of head honcho lady-cultist on a throne" He said, catching his breath. "I think we should go the other way" He said with a bit of a smile.
Gregory Stone
 player, 180 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 19 May 2009
at 11:26
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg nods to John, then stops, blinking in surprise.
"When  you were bitten"?  Wait!  Do you mean you werealready a werewolf?!?   

The elf maiden stares openly at her friend, then is distracted by Dan coming back in.

Still staring curiously at the lycanthrope lady, Greg says:

They're meeting right NOW?  Um, I'm not one for making trouble, but if these yahoos are planning some kind of serious crap for OUR world, maybe we should consider trying to do something tonight.  I mean, if we go away to "get spells back", won't they notice all the dead guys, and maybe be better prepared for us?  I'm kinda babbling here, but I think it's something to think about.
Dan Rycov
 player, 118 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 19 May 2009
at 11:38
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
"Woah woah! Back up a bit" Dan said. "What makes you think these malignant magical morons have plans for our world?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 181 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 19 May 2009
at 12:36
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg blinked her bit eyes, her long lashes fluttering.  She looked confused.

Isn't that what the "ominous voice" that sicced the dead guys on us, said, back in the tunnels?   Or am I to truamatized that I'm misremembering things?

She shrugged.
Well, ok, they didn't SAY our world, specifically, but the fact that THEY are going to another world at the same time that WE came from "another world" is kind of a weird coincidence, don't you think?
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 51 posts
Tue 19 May 2009
at 13:15
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
"True. And who knows, our world may just be an alternate material plane to these people..."
Gregory Stone
 player, 182 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 21 May 2009
at 10:09
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg shrugs.
It DOES kind of make sense.  What would be an better choice for a world to "conquer" then one that obviously allowed travel from it?

It's like Tizona said before; There's no FBI to call to stop these guys, there's only us.


She blinks in confusion a few times.

And I can't believe that I'm actually suggesting this.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:11, Thu 21 May 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 119 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 21 May 2009
at 11:12
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
"There's no FBI here, but I'm pretty sure guns that shoot bullets can kill just about anything that lives" He replied to their concerns. "Regardless, busting into a room full of evil cultists is not going to be very productive. We should get a layout first so we know what we're dealing with, then we can figure out a way to thwart their plans"

OOC: That first bit, the MAJOR problem with any magical forces attacking modern forces; medieval armour is as much good against bullets as a butter knife is against an enraged dinosaur. Magic or not, modern special forces are pretty much the most powerful people that have ever existed on the planet.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 82 posts
Fri 22 May 2009
at 00:38
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Cassander had used the distraction of conversation to pull herself together.  Of course the hug from Greg had helped, surprising how a little bit of physical contact could do that.  She had wiped her eyes clear of the effects of the memories that weren't hers, while listening in on the conversation.

"I think that before we go the other way.  We need to figure out what to do about these cultists.  They have some plan for the Princess and they may even know where she is.  I don't think that we can just leave."
Gregory Stone
 player, 183 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 22 May 2009
at 00:56
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
So, Tizona, what's the plan?  I have most of my spells left.  Nothing that can "rain death from above" or anything, mostly information gathering spells, but I can convert most of them to healing spells.

But, we took out the cultist mob, so maybe we can pull it off.


The elven cleric looks nervous but determined.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 83 posts
Fri 22 May 2009
at 13:42
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Cassander furled her brow in thought, an action that didn't detract from her elven beauty.  "It sounds like the numbers are more even this time.  That cloaked figure, a couple of guys in armor and some more of those beast men.  We know that we can drop the beast men, but I don't know about the armor.  I'm thinking backstab them both to start with.  This cloaked figure I don't know about.  Could be a powerful magic user or just Joe Average in a cloak."

"They already know that we're here, but why they haven't sent anyone else against us is curious.  But if we beat them all up we might not get the answers that we need out of them."  She shrugged.

"Maybe Dan can go and talk to them.  He has that Bardish charm that I know he's just itching to use.  The rest of us can cover him if things go badly."
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 52 posts
Fri 22 May 2009
at 14:05
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Sarah nods.

"I'm ready for either. Good thing about being a rogue- I dont need to rest to restore backstabs."
Gregory Stone
 player, 184 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 22 May 2009
at 18:51
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg's delicate elven features become pensive.
I'm normally all for "talking out our problems", but cultists, kinda by definition, are hard to talk to.  What would we even say: "Hi there, I know you're about to take over a whole world to run as you see fit, but.....um....how about if you don't?"

She sighs miserably.

On the other hand, the idea of just rushing in and "smiting" everyone, as practical as it is in D&D, sounds horrifying in real life.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 84 posts
Fri 22 May 2009
at 18:56
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Cassander chuckled.  "I'm not suggesting that we talk them out of it, but maybe we can get some information out of them before the inevitable melee occurs.  Other than these folks, we really have no other leads on the whereabouts of our Princess...I mean the Princess.  There's alway the old standby of killing the leader, raising them to get them to talk and killing them again if they don't, wash, rinse, repeat."

Her almond eyes glanced over at the piles of dead beast cultists.  "Just trying to figure out some way that we get something useful out of this.  Maybe they'll fall into the bad villain habit and brag about their plans."
Gregory Stone
 player, 185 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 22 May 2009
at 19:04
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg nods her pretty elven head, biting her lower lip in thought.
If all else fails, I still have a spell to speak with the dead as creepy as that sounds.
Dan Rycov
 player, 120 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 23 May 2009
at 11:28
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
"Oh yeah, because if we kill them they're definitely going to tell us everything" Dan said with a dubious tone. "If we are going to go the diplomatic route, which I suggested a little earlier, we're going to need some sort of bargaining chip" He reasoned and thought for a bit. "Anyone have anything valuable on them? If not we could try and pass off something ordinary as special, perhaps from the world they're trying to get to. Nothing actually from there, that could be catastrophic if it helps them"
Gregory Stone
 player, 197 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 23 May 2009
at 12:20
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg rolls her large almond eyes.
Yes, Kenjinn!  They WILL tell us everything!  That's how the spell works!   You "Speak With Dead"!  They "Speak With Living"!
Pleasantries and  Information are exchanged, and everyone goes their separate ways, richer for the experience.


The blonde cleric pinched the bridge of her nose.

Okay!  Okay!! Sorry.  I didn't mean to start arguing again.  The whole "Speak with Dead" gag is obviously best as a "last resort" anyway. 

She sighed.

What did you have in mind, Kenjinn?  I have some things I've carved.  A flute that I never learned to play and a silver necklace set with amber that I got for my graduation from Initiate Class.  Neither are particularly valuable, but they look pretty and could look valuable.
Dan Rycov
 player, 122 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 23 May 2009
at 12:28
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
"I'm just saying the spell's called 'speak with dead' not 'tell us everything you know, dead!'"

Dan looked at the items with squinted eyes. "Really anything could be a Macguffin. The flute might be a bit hard to convince is special without specific terms but the necklace we might be able to make glow and pass it off as magical. That could be a good enough bargaining chip, say it's a magical enhancer or something. Hell, we could probably put a trap in it like a delayed explosion, that'd get 'em" He said, expressing his thoughts on the trickery.
Gregory Stone
 player, 199 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 23 May 2009
at 12:56
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg nodded and handed over her graduation necklace.
Go ahead, big guy.  Knock yourself out.
The elf grinned at the bard, his enthusiasm was contagious.

Stepping back, Greg was seriously distracted by memeroies that weren't hers.  She remembered the graduation ceremony.  Her classmates, Garic and Esmelia, were nearly expelled for having sex in the head priest's office before the cememony. Aliana had gotten a severe reprimand for "keeping lookout" for them.
During the years of advanced study, Sister Aliana became stuck with the nickname "The Watcher" by the ungrateful couple and their mutual friends.
She still blushed occaisionally when she thought about it.
Dan Rycov
 player, 124 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 23 May 2009
at 13:15
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Dan noticed Aliana's cheecks go red and he smirked. "What are you thinkin' about I wonder?" He asked her with a smile as he inspected the piece of jewelry. His Light spell could probably make it seem mystical but nothing he had could create a trap with it.
Gregory Stone
 player, 200 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 23 May 2009
at 13:24
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg rolls her beautiful eyes again at the bard.  The man simply refused to be likable.

If you MUST know, there was some "sentimental value" in that necklace, and I was .....remembering it.
Dan Rycov
 player, 125 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 23 May 2009
at 13:39
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
"Really?" He said, seeming a little uninterested, mostly focusing on the necklace. "I can't seem to remember a lot of Kenjinn's life, must be because I made him an alchoholic. Only splotches of memory, not enough to piece full stories together but enough to understand he'd had a rough life" He said the last bit with a bit of a nostaglic sigh, thinking about Kenjinn's orphaning and self-preserving, then wondered why he did that and shook it off. "Well, I suppose the pasts of our characters won't matter too much when we get back. I only hope we don't get any blasts from a secondary-past. That'd be awkward" He'd embued the necklace with light now, it sparkled brilliantly, reflecting off itself like a diamond.
Gregory Stone
 player, 202 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 23 May 2009
at 13:58
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg shrugs. She really wasn't sure why she bothered.

She hefted her satchel and walked over to the corner of the room, doubling checking her arrows.
John Maxwell
 player, 53 posts
Sat 23 May 2009
at 17:39
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
John just stood there leaning against a wall, listening to the conversation. She highly doubted that talking would get anywhere, especially considering they attacked unprevoked last time. She didn't trust herself at the moment considering she lost control when everyone's lives were on the line. She figured they could work out their plans, and if they needed or wanted her input they would ask.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 96 posts
Sun 24 May 2009
at 01:13
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Tizona waited quietly along with John.  Talking was a long shot but there was always a chance that the cultists would let something slip, even if it was just to rub their noses in something.  She had her doubts about using the necklace as collateral but she had not better ideas.

"Good luck, Kenji...Dan." she said, giving him a hopeful smile.  Of course with her elven features that simple smile looked far more attractive than she had intended.  "Just let us know when you want us to jump in.  It's your show now."

"John?  Are you going to be okay in another fight or do we have to worry about you...er...wolfing out again?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:14, Sun 24 May 2009.

John Maxwell
 player, 54 posts
Sun 24 May 2009
at 01:23
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
John shrugged "I'm fine. I usually can control myself when 'wolfing out'. So you shouldn't be worried, at least not too much." she said with a smile, to try and put her comrade at ease.
Dan Rycov
 player, 127 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 24 May 2009
at 01:25
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Dan wore the necklace around Kenjinn's neck to shine it off and looked back up to Tizona. He smiled back and said "Thanks, let's hope the next time I see you guys I will still be in one piece" He moved over to the door he entered previously and took a deep breath. He tried to look as diplomatic as possible, then walked through it, being mindful of the cult guards he'd seen before.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 97 posts
Sun 24 May 2009
at 01:37
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
"Good to know." Cassander replied to John.  "...although I think that you really need to work on making the rest of us feel more comfortable.  For instance, stop saying things like, oh that we shouldn't be too worried.  Did you want your bow back?"  Her tone was partly humorous, just something to ease her worries over what they were about to do.  Or rather, what Dan was about to do.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight though, Kenj...Dan."  she said softly and started to follow dan at a discrete distance.  She wasn't going to follow him into the room but stay just inside the doorway.
Gregory Stone
 player, 204 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 24 May 2009
at 01:45
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Getting her bow ready, Greg brought up the rear, keeping an eye out for anything that might sneak up behind them too.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 53 posts
Sun 24 May 2009
at 01:53
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Sarah takes position near the door, ready to enter if she needs to.
John Maxwell
 player, 55 posts
Sun 24 May 2009
at 02:26
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
John shook her head "Keep it. I'm better in melee... in both forms. Besides don't want to break my bow by beating it over someone's head, if for some reason I have to go werewolf." she replied to Cassander before taking a position low and to the side of the door.
Gregory Stone
 player, 205 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 25 May 2009
at 10:27
Re: Scenario (Memory Lane)
Greg fought hard to stem the growing panic growing inside her slim, curvy body.
To be thrown into a fight to save her life (and the lives of her friends) was one thing.  But to go looking for a fight!  That was against Greg's very nature.
Yet, to protect her friends, and, possibly, to get back to her family (not that they'd recognize her, of course) was worth the terror of figuratively running into the lion's den.

Clenching her fists to keep them from shaking, the cleric continued her watch over her "flock".
Storyteller
 GM, 53 posts
Mon 25 May 2009
at 11:24
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The door opens just as easily as before, revealing the room previously described.

Despite the obviousness of newcomers, nobody reacts.

Then: "Well, well, well. What are you waiting for? Come over here so I can see you"

The same indistinct voice from before echoes through the chamber, but the source is now obvious and there is a vague feminine tone to it. The robed woman inclines her head slightly, towards where you entered, despite the pillar in the way.
Gregory Stone
 player, 206 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 25 May 2009
at 11:38
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
'ah, so she's expecting us. oh, that's just frickin' lovely!'
Greg thought as she brought up the rear, waiting for the inevitable doom.
Dan Rycov
 player, 128 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 25 May 2009
at 21:13
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan walks in with a hard face, attempting to hide the fact that he was scared. He'd made Kenjinn a bit like that so maybe this body'd have some experience in that department. He stayed away from the pit, but came close to one of the pillars. He looked over to the cloaked figure and bowed, then perking up a bit "Hello there"
Cassander Miraz
 player, 98 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 16:52
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander slid back around the corner and pinched the bridge of her nose.  "I'm such an idiot.  I forgot all about the Charm Person spell.  It's a low level spell so I should be able to toss one around easily.  Should have cast it before Dan want in.  Maybe I can still cast it if it looks like things are not working out."

She glanced back around the corner, ready to cast her spell if needed.
Gregory Stone
 player, 207 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 26 May 2009
at 21:43
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
From her place, Greg whispers:
I've got spells left for summoning a fog to hide us and summoning a low level monster to fight for us.  Let me know if you need them, Tizona.

The elf's voice to aimed at the beautiful sorceress, but her eyes, wide and intense, are staring at where Dan is, and her voice is tense with nervousness.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 101 posts
Tue 26 May 2009
at 23:51
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander reaches out and places a hand on Greg, partly to let her know that she had heard and also to make sure that she was there.  Cassander didn't want to take her eyes from the scene.  "Good to know, Aliana." she says softly.  "I feel like I'm spying on my sisters date."
Gregory Stone
 player, 209 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 27 May 2009
at 11:59
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg gives a short, but girlish giggle.
Let's hope Kenjinn has more "luck" than your sister's boyfriends did, eh?

The humor is obviously meant to calm everyone, especially the elf maiden herself.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 102 posts
Wed 27 May 2009
at 22:28
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"No comment." Cassander replied, giving Greg a quick amused look.  "And it's not like they didn't get back at me for that."  She turned back to watch Dan, trying hard not to dwell on the memories that were not Cassanders.
Gregory Stone
 player, 218 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 30 May 2009
at 10:22
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Since Greg was assuming that Tizona was talking about Cassander's sister, not Tizona's, she merely smiles and nods.  In the back of her mind, she was waiting for the stereotypical "This is our EEEEEEEvil plan" moment from the woman on the throne.
In the front of her mind, Greg was trying not to scream "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!"

That goofy part of Greg's brain, the part that couldn't help but make weird-ass comments to everything, idly wondered if the "woman" was going to pull of a mask and be Chris, who'll say something like: "Pretty cool, right guys?"
No.  There was no WAY that Chris would put them through this, at least without telling them.
Still, if the mystery woman WASN'T Chris, who was it?  "Old Man Jenkins from the Old Sawmill"?

Greg tried to rein in her powerful and masochistic imagination.
Storyteller
 GM, 54 posts
Sat 30 May 2009
at 12:40
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The woman regards Dan for a moment before remarking "Well that's one of you. I'm sure the rest are still hiding"

"You know this would have been easier for yourselves if you had lost the fight before, and become one of my pets"

"Easier for myself too, although I am sure I will not need such weak mortal servants soon"


The woman pauses, before smiling.

"By the way, there is no use hiding it. I know exactly who you are"
Dan Rycov
 player, 135 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 30 May 2009
at 14:30
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Lost the fight? HA! Those oversized rats couldn't claw their way out of a wet paper bag let alone dispatch us, and we're not even that good! I can hardly see you being very powerful with these dumbasses working for you" Dan said with a patronising tone and laugh in his speech. He twirled a dagger in his hands with a faint smile. She'd not attacked so negotiations were going quite well! Verbal jousting was a strong suit of his, even before the change.

"Oh and congrats on knowing who we are, expecially since just about anyone with ears has heard of Kenjinn, the master musician and fighter. Hard to shoot evil cultist spells when someone's stabbin' you in the face eh?" He did not falter in his pride, even though he was completely bluffing. Even if she did know about their world, annoying the villian was always fun. "What say we try something a little different? I figure we can avoid pointless loosing with a bit of negotiating" He made sure the enchanted necklace was plainly obvious on him.
Gregory Stone
 player, 219 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 30 May 2009
at 21:47
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg was completely horrified.
THIS was their DIPLOMAT?   Sweet Flaming Monkey Pox!!!!! , she thought,

The elf maid didn't move out to contradict him, though, remembering one of the cardinal rules of D&D:
"Even a bad leader is better then two good leaders fighting each other."

Maybe, she rationalized, it wouldn't be so bad.  Certainly Greg had assumed that diplomacy was a waste of time against anyone who would fit into the category of "fanatic".   Perhaps Kenjinn's bold, brash bragging would have a better effect, to effectively negotiate from a position of strength.  Whether or not Greg thought it was justified.

Hmmm...she mused, "I know exactly who you are"?  Did she mean she knew Kenjinn the Bard and the other adventurers, or that she knew Dan and his hapless gamer buddies?   A chilling distinction.

Still, it was obvious from her words that Greg's more subtle method of diplomacy and reasoning would have been a waste of time.  Greg was convinced that they'd have to rush out and start (she swallowed quickly so as to not get sick again) killing everyone, but for now let Kenjinn bluff, making sure to look behind them to avoid any possible flanking by "evil minions".
John Maxwell
 player, 58 posts
Sat 30 May 2009
at 21:56
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John glared at the door as if her eyes could cut through it and hit Dan. "Damn idiot. I'm gonna rip his damned fool head off..." she stopped when she realized what she said before starting again. "I mean kick him in the balls... actually I will say that is one weakness I don't miss..." losing track of herself for a moment. She sighed "Anyone else want to go back him up in there?" she asked.
Gregory Stone
 player, 220 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 30 May 2009
at 23:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg swallowed, fearfully.

I'm...um...probably the best armored of all of us.  Um...I can step forward if you think more people would help him.    I'm not sure that would send the right message, though.  It might look like I was there to second-guess him or interupt, or something.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 104 posts
Mon 1 Jun 2009
at 04:13
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Hold up." Cassander said softly, turning to look back at the others.  Her own dissatisfaction with Kenjinns diplomacy was evident upon her soft elven features.  I suppose everyone fumbles a roll now and then.  "Let's just wait and see what happens before we rush in there and beat Kenjinn senseless."  What she didn't mention was her own concerns that Kenjinns approach might make the hooded cult leader angry.

"She said that she knows who we are and to stop pretending."  Cassander said, still looking at the others.  "Doesn't that strike any of you as an odd thing to say?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 222 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 1 Jun 2009
at 06:41
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg looked at Tizona, her delicate elven features crinkling with suspicion.

You know, I was thinking the same thing.  The wording is a little too unusual to be coincidence.
Is she talking about knowing Kenjinn and his bevy of beautiful ladies, or Dan and his gaming friends?   Does she know anything about Chris?   Hell, does she HAVE Chris, as a prisoner, maybe?


The blonde elf looked back, chewing her lower lip nervously.

The weird thing is, her knowing us before "the change" would be almost more embarrassing than scary.  Like if we had to face out friends and family back home looking like this.

She winced a bit at the thought.

Never mind, forget I said anything.  That's a bridge we'll have to cross, or maybe burn, when we come to it.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 54 posts
Tue 2 Jun 2009
at 14:07
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah is still waiting outside, daggers drawn and ready to go in if needed.
Storyteller
 GM, 56 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 09:49
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Kenjan?" the woman says "Your names will matter little soon"

"And don't think that little boasting match of yours will do you any good. Is that why you're playing in a little town such as this, hmm? Because you've been beaten up in every single tavern actually worth mentioning"

"Not that that matters, for I know exactly why you are here. To rescue that 'fair' princess of yours from the dreaded villain"
the woman says the last part mockingly, laughing in such away you cannot help but feel insulted.

"I suppose after all of this you should see your goal, before you fail"

With that the woman snaps her fingers.

Suddenly, above the pit, a beautiful elven woman appears. She is bound and gagged, and struggling feebly against her bonds.
Gregory Stone
 player, 246 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 09:58
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
It's all Greg can do not to gasp when she sees the princess.  She was RIGHT THERE! And yet, she might as well have been on the moon.  The elven cleric was roundly cursing herself for wasting her "flying" spell from before.

She had a ring of Feather falling, so she could dive into the pit after the princess, if the unthinkable should happen, but hopefully they could avoid that!
Greg wondered briefly if that even WAS the princess, or just an illusion or some other deception.
I guess it doesn't matter at the moment, she thought.

Getting ready, she looked to Tizona for direction.
She whispered.
My spells left are summoning a small monster, silence, and obscuring mist.  Those are the most useful, I think.

The strange thing was, Greg STILL wasn't positive that this crazy chick on the throne didn't know who they REALLY were.  She was kind of vague.   On account of the crazy.
Dan Rycov
 player, 150 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 13:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Kenjinn frowned and looked down at the princess. He knew he should actually be trying to save her more than playing verbal jousting with the sinister queen, he wanted her to spill more beans so they could at least learn more before attempting something amazingly sucidal. And then hopefully not at all!

Regardless, he looked back up at the villian and coughed. "I wouldn't say beaten up perhaps, 'violently ejected' would be the better way to say it. Regardless I am here to do something amazingly cliche!" He said putting his hand in the air triumphantly. "I'd say 'how do we know that is really her?' if I was an idiot because then you'd prove it wouldn't you? Great minds think alike and so I'd assume you'd want less blood on the floor of yours" His scheming wheasle of a mind perked up again, less bold this time.

"Like it or not, if we do fight, it's a given that you will suffer casualties. Now I'm no Empress of Evil, but I'm fairly certain you'd like to keep your forces intact until you run into a real menace, like say, the enevitable seasoned heroes and armies that will peruse her" And pointed to the princess. "I've seen them before and they eat up amature cults of evil like this for breakfast. You do deserve something for your troubles so I propose a trade" He took off the glowing necklace and held it up.

"Give us the princess and I shall impart upon you this medallion. It's a steep and strange bargain, but hear me out. Kill us now, and this medallion dies with us. The heroes and armies come and crush you, taking her back, also ending you, right? But! Take the medallion now, and use it's mighty power to crush the coming armies and heroes and resurrect them as yours! They will forever look for someone who has already left, a fruitless search that will leave them wide open. The magic contained in it's metal is powerful, but tied to my life force since I have been wearing it so long. You take it, leave us alive and with the princess, and it shall soon see you as it's master. Then you shall be the empress of all and all shall bow to you by it's power" And bowed, throwing a subtle wink towards the princess and his companions.

He stood back up and looked as sincere as possible. "So what say you? Your annihilation? Or theirs?"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:18, Sun 07 June 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 121 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2009
at 14:23
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassanders breath caught when she saw the bound and dangling elven princess.  She wanted to call out and rush forward to save her liege lady but she held herself back.  Kenjinn was doing his thing and seemed to be fairly successful at it, so there wasn't any immediate danger.

Still, the princess was there, hanging like a carrot in front of a mule.  Could it be so easy?  To run in, cut the chains and rescue the princess.  They might have to fight some cultists, but they could get out of this place and take her back to their lands.

"Those spells sound good, Aliana." she whispered to the Cleric.  "Something to obscure our movements would be handy.  Let's just see what Kenjinn can do.  If that is the Princess then at least we have found our goal.  It just looks too easy."

Cassander turned her attention back to her princess and muttered a few quiet words, casting detect magic on the princess.  It was a passive spell that she hoped would let her know if the princess was bound within any spells.

"Please don't let her be a beastman."
Gregory Stone
 player, 247 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 10 Jun 2009
at 08:49
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg concentrated, bringing the spell of Obscuring Mist to mind.  She was a little distracted, though, by the princess.
The blonde cleric again fought with memories that were not her own.    Memories of a awkward, socially-clumsy elf maiden who admired and was in awe of the confident, eloquent elven princess.
Greg remembered meeting her once.  At Sister Aliana's "graduation" from clerical training.
The beautiful, almost unearthly, noblewoman had shaken her hand (she had a fairly strong grip, as princesses went) and had given her a few words of encouragement.
In reality, Her Highness had given the same quick handshake and short sound-byte of "good luck, now'" to everyone that had passed before her, with no acolyte being different than the dozen who proceeded  them, but to Sister Aliana, it was a moment of Grace, of being in touch with Greatness.
The princess's long forgotten words, though surely something said from rote thousands of times previously and since, were part of what inspired Sister Aliana to travel the world.
And, what inspired her to voluteer for this dangerous mission.

Though managing to keep the divine miracle in her mind for casting on command, Greg was blown away by the "full circle" nature of the events of ....well...her life.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:51, Wed 10 June 2009.

Bard
 moderator, 1 post
 Assistant Storyteller
Thu 11 Jun 2009
at 01:26
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The cloaked woman laughed and crossed her legs, assuming a more relaxed posture.  Resting her chin on the back of her hand, her unseen eyes seem to bore into Dan.

"My Anhilation or theirs?  You amuse me, Kenjinn." She said lightly.  "The rumours of your silvery tongue do not quite do you credit, nor do the whisperings of your daring.  There are not many who would dare to venture into my holdings alone and seek to barter the life of a princess for a necklace."

She laughs lightly once more.  "Oh yes.  There was that vague threat of large armies descending upon my followers and I, which may be prevented by returning the princess."  She gestured to the dangling maiden as she spoke.

"I am also very curious as to why you would give me such a powerful magical item, one that would allow me to become Empress, for the life of one Elven Princess?  What is she to you, Kenjinn?  You are not Elven.  Why should you care what happens to her?"
Dan Rycov
 player, 151 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 11 Jun 2009
at 09:48
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Kenjinn thought for a second, and decided to fabricate a tale. It'd be better than lead her to a conclusion of their real origin. "Normally I would agree, elves ain't worth saving that much. Apart from some of the ladies which trancend beauty altogether" He smiled, thinking of all those fanart images of elves and winked at the princess.

"She's important because... well, to be honest, I knew her as a child. Fast friends we were, inseprable. An elf and human relationship was odd, but that only strengthed our bond. Many stood opposed to our bond, but none could tear us apart until I was forced to leave elve lands, the most painful day of my life" He cringed and paused, then sighed deeply. "I'd not risk my life for any other than someone like her. My strength for this endevour comes straight from her. My most valued possession is worthless compared to my bond with her. The world itself is worth less to me than her!" He said very triumphantly.

"I may not be elven, but our bond goes deeper than blood could ever go" He looked down at her solemnly. He frowned and looked back up at the queen with a sort of resentment and defeatist look. "You'd give her up for nothing less than something to give you power. Thus, I have no way to trick you, and must swallow my own pride to save the one I love" He held out the necklace again. "It for her, my power for my love"

He reckoned that was quite the speech and show, hoping it was enough. He also hoped his companions wouldn't flip out. They'd been prone to doing that lately.
Bard
 moderator, 4 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Thu 11 Jun 2009
at 15:21
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The woman on the dias was silent as Dan held out the necklace.  When she spoke once more, her voice was more subdued, commanding still yet less evil.  "Your story is indeed touching, Kenjinn.  I can see the sincerity in your eyes and the hear the love for her in your words.  I too have felt the tugging at the heart, the way that love can change the course of fate."

She snapped her fingers in a most imperious manner, and several robed figures, six in number, stepped out from behind the dias upon which she sat.  The cloaked figures, resembling the cultists from the room before, walked slowly and solemnly to kneel at the base of the dias.  Faint murmuring could be heard.

With an almost imperceptable nod of her head, the cultists rose to their feet and turned to face Dan.  One drew back her hood, revealing a young woman with a shaven head adorned with various piercings and markings.  She began to slowly walk towards Dan.

"Allow my scribe to view the medallion.  Once she is convinced of its value, we will speak again of your offer."

-----

Cassanders Detect Magic spell alters her perception enough that she can sense the magic wrapped around the princess.  She is unsure of what spells they may be but is sure that there is something there.  In fact, the whole room seems to hum with a faint arcane energy.

-----

Sensitive Elven hearing can pick up a faint scrabbling sound coming from behind the hidden party.  From the room that they were just in, in fact.
John Maxwell
 player, 63 posts
Thu 11 Jun 2009
at 16:05
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John shook her head "If he pulls this off..." she started in a whisper but couldn't finish because she didn't know exactly what she was going to do. Her head snapped about as her keen elven senses heard the scrabbling sound. "This isn't good..." she said quietly drawing her short swords quietly.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 122 posts
Thu 11 Jun 2009
at 17:12
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassanders lovely elven eyes narrowed, squinting at the princess.  "There's definitely some spell on the princess." she said.  "Not sure what it is but there is an enchantment.  And a lot of background magic too.  I wonder what that's all..."

She cut off and turned back to the others.  She had heard the faint sound behind them and watched as John slowly drew our her blade.  "I guess you heard that as well?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 250 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 12 Jun 2009
at 11:40
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg turned to look behind them.  She'd been "rear guard" anyway, due to her better armor than her companions, but she'd been distracted, as had they all, by the drama of Kenjinn's bluff.
The cleric held her bowstring taut, ready to send arrows into the approaching creatures, but had spells to mind as well.

"Timing is, as they say, everything."  Greg muttered.  It was just their luck, that JUST when Kenjinn's bluff had reached a critical point and they might have to charge to the rescue, NOW was the time that something was coming up behind them.
Granted, if the "evil chick" knew  that they were there, she might have been using Dan as a distraction as well, to get her people into place.

She got her Mist spell ready, if needed.
Dan Rycov
 player, 153 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 12 Jun 2009
at 11:59
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan remained stonefaced, but inside he was freaking out. This scribe has a good chance of finding out the fake enchantment, but he had several plans concucting in his devious little mind. He immediately went with the most urgent one and quickly retracted the medal from the scribe's hands, turning to the evil villianess. "You get the medallion once she is back in my arms" And pointed to the princess.
Bard
 moderator, 6 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Fri 12 Jun 2009
at 15:11
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The woman stopped, blinking at Dan as though he had suddenly proposed marriage, and slowly turned to look back at her mistress.  The cult leader gave a short flick of her hand and the woman bowed and stepped to the side, not yet rejoining her comrades.

"How am I to ascertain the value of what you are offering?" the hooded leader said.  "Am I to trust you completely and blindly?  You may be trying to trick me.  You don't have quite the same sterling reputation of a paladin, Kenjinn."

-----

Turning around, the ladies can see the corpses of the beastmen start to move.  Hands that ended in claws scraped softly along the stone floors as the creatures slowly began to move and sit up.  Some crawled along the floor, some tried to stand and failed, it would seem as though they had not realized the extent of their mortal injuries.

A soft clanking sound can be heard, chains working through oiled gears.  At a far end of the room, two hooded figures worked a large hand crank built into the wall, turning it slowly and deliberately.

Sharp elven eyes that peer up towards the ceiling can see a large stone slowly begin to slide out of its place, inching slowly to the floor, towards the hole in the floor that the party had originally come out of.
Dan Rycov
 player, 155 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 12 Jun 2009
at 15:40
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Oh yeah, I'm going to trick the evil sorceress of evil black magic" He sarcastically replied, rolling his eyes. "You can be sure this is real in the same way I can be sure that's really the princess down there" And pointed to her. He had a good point there.
Gregory Stone
 player, 252 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 13 Jun 2009
at 12:00
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Looking to Tizona for her approval, Greg moved forward, holy symbol in one hand, bow in the other.
She speaks quietly.

So, Tizona, I turn the zombies and when we shoot the guys at the lever?
Cassander Miraz
 player, 123 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2009
at 15:35
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander watched the little scene unfolding behind them for a moment.

Oh, that's just great.

"Sounds good, Aliana." Cassander replied, pulling out her bow and readying an arrow.  Hopefully this won't distract Dan from his negotiations.
Gregory Stone
 player, 253 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 13 Jun 2009
at 21:30
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg gets as close to the zombies as she dares, her slender knees shaking.
Bringing the holy symbol of Fharlanghn up, she said, in a harsh whisper that she hoped didn't carry beyond the room.

BACK!  BACK to your cold, cold graves, undead FILTH!  I send you on the road to OBLIVION!!!
YOUR JOURNEY HAS ENDED!!!!

Cassander Miraz
 player, 124 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2009
at 23:47
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander takes aim with the bow against one of the cloaked figures working the crank, and lets her arrow fly.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 59 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2009
at 23:53
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah stays steady, waiting for the moment to act. If the beastmen really are zombies, she'll be a heck of a lot less useful than before... unless...

She places a dagger back in her belt, then concentrates...

This message was last edited by the player at 19:49, Sun 14 June 2009.

Bard
 moderator, 7 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Sun 14 Jun 2009
at 14:14
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Tell me then, Kenjinn." the hooded woman asked.  "How do you want this transaction to occur?  I'll hand over the princess and you'll give me the necklace and we'll go our separate ways?"

The female scribe, who hasn't moved away, simply looks from her leader to Dan and back again.

-----

The corpses of the beastmen continue to rise to their unsteady feet.  Greg, or rather Aliana's commanding turn echoes through the room, the power of a god in her voice.  The undead creatures nearest to her try to scream as the divine power washes over them causing them to explode in a shower of sparkling dust.  The ones farther away moan as best as they can and begin to hobble, scrabble and drag themselves away, fleeing before the Elven called godly might with the speed of a caterpillar.


Cassanders arrow flies true, striking one of the cultists.  The cloaked figure falls to the ground.  The crank that was being turned by two cultists, begins to spin faster.  The remaining cultist struggled to control it, but is on the verge of being thrown off.

The large stone slips down faster although in a more jerky motion, now swaying at the end of a thick chain.
Gregory Stone
 player, 255 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 14 Jun 2009
at 14:28
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"It's really weird', Greg thinks to herself, "how I can channel the holy might of a God that I don't technically believe in."
Although that might not be technically true.  Greg was a bit of an agnostic, especially after his college years.  The young man had believed in God, sort of by default, but never really took the Old Guy too seriously.
Now, however, Greg had seen REAL magic, and experienced things that the former comicbook store clerk couldn't explain.
She had the bosom to prove it.

"I'm an elf" that small part of her brain not focused on survival reasoned, "I'm a FEMALE elf, and can do magic.  I've flown in the air and caused monsterous things to flee by showing them a wooden disk that represents a God from the Dungeons and Dragons rule book."   If these things aren't "miracles", then what ARE they?

Maybe.....maybe this Fharlanghn guy was.....real?

Pushing the thought aside, the elven cleric shot an arrow from her powerful elven longbow at the other cultist, preparing to run to grab the crank.
Dan Rycov
 player, 156 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 15 Jun 2009
at 06:55
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"I'd think so" He replied. "Unless there's something about this deal you're hesitant with?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Almost have her, just one more inch.
Bard
 moderator, 9 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 14:31
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"No.  There is no hesitation." The hooded leader said.  "I accept your offer.  In exchange for your treasured necklace, I will release the princess into your care.  Now if you'll had the necklace over to my scribe, we'll consider our business concluded."

-----

Sarah closes her eyes and concentrates, trying to summon forth a hidden magic.  She can feel something deep within, an almost lazy and sluggish magic, reluctant to come forth.  Coaxing it a little more, Sarah can feel the first slow tendrils rise upon, responding to her unspoken command as though it were waking up from a deep sleep.  The power collects within her but her hold on it is unsteady, like she is trying to hold the power of a hurricane in a very small bucket.

Greg readies her bow and takes aim at the cultist struggling with the hand crank.

The large stone clinks downward still on its chain, dropping another half meter.

Cassander readies another arrow in her bow.

There is a bright flash of fire light from within our heroes group.  A small exploding rush of air that knocks everyone off balance, if not off their feet.  Gregs arrow shoots wide, bouncing harmlessly off of a far stone wall.  Cassander and John are both knocked to the side by the force of a hammer of hot air.  Sarah is knocked about the worst, taken completely off of her feet to land on her rump.  She sees spots for a few moments and feels an odd sort of tingling over her body.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 60 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 15:48
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"shitshitshitow..."

Sarah groans and stands, throwing her dagger at the cultist.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 125 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 16:29
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The strange flash took Cassander off her feet and she fell unceremoniously to the floor.  Brushing her long hair out of her face, she looked around confused.  "What was that?!" she said, trying to get back to her feet.  Her skirts and cloak made standing an interesting challenge.

The elf picked up the bow and arrow from where she had dropped it and readied the weapon once more.  Was there some spellcaster lurking about?
Gregory Stone
 player, 256 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 19:40
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
NOW what?!?   Greg thinks as she stumbles.  Since the elven cleric is the only on still on her feet, she looks around for the spell caster who did the magic that had crashed into them.

If she sees nothing, she'll mutter a curse in Elvish and run at the cultist, drawing her sword, hoping that her action will make him stop what he's doing.

If there's a wizard about, she'll try to put an arrow "betwixt his eyes".
Dan Rycov
 player, 157 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 16 Jun 2009
at 21:21
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan frowns and take a large breath. He grips the necklace tightly then passes it up to her moving over to the princess. He just hopes that she's not going to pull a trick.
Bard
 moderator, 10 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 05:28
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The scribe walks forward and takes up the necklace, holding it as though she held the most priceless artifact in existence.  Slowly she walkee up the dias towards her mistress.

"Thank you, Kenjinn.  It's always a pleasure doing business with your sort." The hooded woman replied, paying little attention to her approaching scribe.  "Ah...there is one thing that I forgot to mention.  You'll have to get the Princess down yourself."  The woman gestures to the princess dangling over the large pit.  "One of my wizards used a spell to get her up there and unfortunately you killed him when you invaded my temple.  You're a bright young man however.  I'm sure that you'll find some way to rescue the woman that you love."

-----

Sarah dagger flew true, striking the cultist.  He collapsed to the floor clutching the protruding dagger and moaned.  The crank and handle, now freed from interferring cultists, stops rotating.  The large stone, looking to be several metres long and very thick and heavy, stops short of blocking off the tunnel that the group came through.

Other than some moaning cultists and a few beastmen zombies trying to flee divine might, the room is very, very quiet.

Sarah, as she stands, feels a strange constriction on her backside.  Her clothes are fitting very uncomfortably there.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 61 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 05:38
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah holds out her hand, deftly catching the returning dagger, before blanching.

"... ow..."

She quickly moves, adjusting her pants, and letting a long, bushy fox tail fall out.
Gregory Stone
 player, 257 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 05:45
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg ran to the crank, trying to ignore the way her new bosom bounced, and how bizarrely gracefully she ran.

She turned the crank to remove the stone, getting it away from their escape route.
The elf maid tried VERY hard not to look at the two dead bodies.

Turning back, she looked at Sarah to congratulate her on her shot.

  Wow, Sarah that was a .......HOLY MOTHER OF....Sarah!!!  You've got...... something...trying to crawl up your.....um...leg....?

She almost said "butt", but couldn't quite do it.  She started heading back to her human friend.
The thing on Sarah, it almost looked like a.....but...NO! that was...impossible....right?
Cassander Miraz
 player, 126 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 06:00
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander was entranced by Sarahs tail.  It was just...so...there, and bushy, and completely unexpected.  She was pretty sure that humans didn't have tails, but then she was sure that she wasn't supposed to be a she either.

"Sarah?  Why do you have a tail?"
Dan Rycov
 player, 158 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 06:25
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan thought a bit about this then snapped his fingers. Since he had Kenjinn's body he would almost definitely have Kenjinn's items, and no self-respecting thief goes around without a coil of rope. He retrieved said rope and backhandedly swung the end at her dangling royal highness, keeping hold of one end and hoping the other end would swing back around so he could grab it.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 62 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 12:18
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah blushes at the attention.

"Um... I'll tell you after we get out of here safely."
Bard
 moderator, 11 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 13:58
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The princess dangles over the middle of the deep pit, almost 6 meters off of the floor.  Kenjinn throws the rope around the princess and manages to catch the other end as it swings back around towards him, thankfully his balance keeps him from overextending over the edge of the pit.  The unconscious princess makes no movement.

Behind him, or rather off to the side, the cloaked woman waves away her scribe without even looking at the jewellery, her attention focussed more on Kenjinn.  The five cultists kneeling before her, rise to their feet and turn to face Kenjinn.  The scribe walks back behind the dias with the necklace.

-----

Greg tries to handle the crank and quickly finds that a lone elven womans strength is not sufficient to turn it.  There might have been a reason why there were two cultists operating it.  The large stone swings slightly above the opening in the floor.  It hasn't covered it yet but you would have to crawl to slid under the stoneto get to the opening.

One cultists, the one that caught Sarah's knife in the side, feebly tries to crawl away from the Elven clerics shapely legs, leaving a slowly expanding pool of red behind him.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 127 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 15:21
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander tried to pull her attention away from Sarahs tail but it was difficult.  Here she was in a fantasy world, in the body of a very female elf, tossing arcane spells about the place, and she was finding a bushy tail strange.
She walked over to the crank in the wall, lifting the hem of her skirts as she stepped gingerly over the crumbling bodies of the turned beastmen.

"Werewolves, bushy tails.  You're not going to grow wings are you Aliana?" she asked the cleric, half joking, as she looked at the crank.  "It'll probably take both of us working this crank to raise that rock."

She turned back to look at the hanging rock.  "We would need to raise it up if we want to leave that way.  I wonder if we could do something with this crank to drop that rock to prevent pursuit?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 258 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 16:14
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Once it's determined that more changes weren't forthcoming, or that there wasn't anything inherrantly dangerous in Sarah's change, Greg turned back to the crank with resigned shrug.
Greg looks at the retreating cultist.  She thinks that he'll probably bleed to death on his own, but.....
She draws a dagger and walks over to him.  Once she catches him, she finds herself unable to finish the man off.  All it would take would be a quick thrust to the back and.....   but she just can't.
Instead, she deftly spins the weapon in her hand and brings the hilt down on the man's head, hard enough the knock him unconscious.

Walking back to the crank, the blonde cleric accepts Tizona's help in cranking the stone back into place.  Greg was actually strong for an elf.  Stronger than the average human, in fact (the fact that she was stronger as a 5'5" female elf that she's been as a 6' human man was something she was STILL a bit embarrassed about), but she was still no where near strong enough to turn the crank by herself without a spell to increase her strength.


You know, Ca...un...Tizona, I can't help but wonder if there ARE more changes in store for each of us.  I guess there was MORE to John and Sarah's character sheets than met the eye, so perhaps you and I are done with our "transformation".   Personally, the acquisition of...you know...
The blonde cleric makes a vague gesture toward her ample chest.
Is more than enough change for me.  MY character sheet holds no surprises that I'm aware of.  Still, does this...PLACE have more in store for us?

Once the stone is in place high up.  She draws her sword.

We should probably finish off he zombies so that they don't menace us again, then we should go back as fast as we can.  I hope to God (well, both of them) that Kenjinn hasn't needed us already!

There's probably a way to sabotage this wheel so that we can seal the tunnel after us, but I don't know what that is. 

Cassander Miraz
 player, 128 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 17:08
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander stole a look down at her own chest.  "Yeah, I know what you mean." she said as she drew her own sword.  She'd have to follow Aliana's lead when it came to dispatching the undead beastmen, for undead were the clerics speciality and not hers.

"I would still love to know what's going on and what happened to Chris."  she said as she thrust her blade down to sever the head of a beastman.  "We really should check on Dan and see how Kenjinn is doing with the negotiations, but I'd feel a lot better knowing that we have some place to retreat from here if we needed to."
Gregory Stone
 player, 259 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 21:01
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg swung her sword, cutting down another zombie.
Look, Tizona, why don't you and the others go check on Dan?  I should be able to  handle things here.  The Undead are going to be cowed for a while longer, so they won't fight back hardly at all.   

The pretty cleric's musical voice is trembling a bit as she says it, betraying her terror at being left alone.
We NEED to check on Dan.  If these  guys were blocking the exit, that probably means he's about to be betrayed or ambushed.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 129 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 21:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander swung her sword for a second time into the same undead.  It was painfuly obvious from the way that Aliana handled her sword that she was stronger than Tizona.

"That's a good point.  The way that he was talking, Dan's bound to get himself into trouble." she said pulling a the long blade out of the twitching corpse.  Cassander put a hand on Gregs shoulder, a sisterly pat.  "Watch yourself." she said before turning and walking back to the doorway that lead to the next room.  She sheathed her sword along the way and unslung her bow.
Dan Rycov
 player, 159 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 17 Jun 2009
at 21:11
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan pulls on the rope a bit to make sure it is secure before scaling it. Once he has reached the top he supports the rope around the princess then pulls out his knife and attempts to cut the chain. If he can't get that he climbs up the metal chains and tries to cut out the supports.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:37, Thu 18 June 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 260 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 18 Jun 2009
at 00:25
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Swinging her finely crafted elven longsword, Greg begins cutting down the zombies.  If they hadn't been cowed by her divine magic, this would have been MUCH harder.
She nods to Tizona and the others, hoping that the delay of this ambush hadn't put Kenjinn in serious (well, MORE serious) danger.

As a zombies head comes off in a spray of  gore that she deftly steps away from, Greg averts her eyes to the undead ichor.  She catches another glimpse of Sarah's backside as the other leave.

A TAIL? she thinks, Seriously?  What kind of character had Sarah MADE, anyway?  John is a werewolf, Sarah was a.....a...... foxgirl?  Maybe?.
Greg shook her head.  If I'd known we could do such exotic things, I could have played a Winged Folk, or something.
Wings  would have been kinda cool.  Kind of a pain in real life, though, I'll bet.

Granted, she thought bitterly, If I'd KNOWN that this was going to happen, I'd have played a Male barbarian-wizard and fudged my stats until I was Conan and Merlin's lovechild.

Swinging her sword, vaguely annoyed at how easily she was adjusting to the change in her center of gravity with a female chest, Greg kept cutting down zombies, taking out her frustration on them.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 130 posts
Sat 20 Jun 2009
at 17:01
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander snuck back to the doorway, trying hard not to look at Sarahs bushy tail, and was surprised to see Dan up on the chain trying to free the princess.  What had happened?  Did his negotiation work?

Now what?
Bard
 moderator, 13 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Mon 22 Jun 2009
at 03:01
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan climbs up to the princess and ties his rope around her to provide support as he goes about the task of releasing the unconscious elf royal.  There is one central metal chain that is suspending her from a small opening in the ceiling.  At the end of the chain are several small rings from which several other chains are anchored.  These chains wrap around the princess, tying her to the bigger chain.  The chains are bound together with fist sized locks.

Below the suspended princess with her champion hanging on to the chains, the great black pit eerily watches.  Although he can't see the bottom of the pit, the lighting in the room only goes down a little ways, he can't shake this feeling that he's being watched.  Of course it could also be the file of cultists standing in front of their leader facing towards Kenjinn and chanting softly.

-----

In the other room, Greg finishes dispatching the zombies.  Suffering from the effects of her turning, they make easy prey.  The crank that was being used to raise and lower the large stone is merely a handle that fits into a winching mechanism that is blended into some decorative stone patterns on the wall.  There is a simple little mechanical switch that can be set to keep the heavy stone up and out of the exit.

Back in the small passage between rooms, Sarah, Cassander and John watch Dan as he starts to try and loosen up the bonds of the captured princess.  There is a small scratching sound coming from the stone floor at their feet.  Looking down they can see a small pebble carving lines in the stone.  They can almost make out the letter H, E, L and what looks like a 2.

-----

A low chant begins to rise over the background silence of the chambers, the words indistinguishable in the wierd echoing effect of the room.  The chanting seems to be coming from both rooms.  From the far end of the room with the princess, a small file of chanting cultists enter.  They walk slowly and deliberately, each step taken with care and with the chanting rythmm.  They carry small smoking pots on longstaves that they gently wave in front of them.  They start to walk about the edge of the room, lining the walls.

In the room that Greg is in, a section of the stone wall slides away and a similar file of cultists walk in, performing a similar action.

The chanting cultists do not seem to be taking any notice of the intruders.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:01, Mon 22 June 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 160 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 22 Jun 2009
at 07:36
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan climbs up the main metal chain up to the opening in the ceiling. Once he gets up there he unsheaths his blade and attempts to cut it down.
Gregory Stone
 player, 261 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 22 Jun 2009
at 12:38
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Her sword still dripping gore and ichor from zombies, Greg's nerves are already stretched to the breaking point.
When the cultists enter, seemingly casting some kind of ritual spell, the cleric reacts in a decisive, if panicked, way.

She smashes the first cultist in the face with the flat of her sword, like swinging a baseball bat, hoping to stun them and disupt the spell.

Oh Fharlanghn, she thinks feverishly, if you're real, then please help me!

This message was last edited by the player at 12:42, Mon 22 June 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 132 posts
Wed 24 Jun 2009
at 18:08
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander watches Dan work and couldn't help thinking to herself that this was far too easy.  What had Dan told the cult leader to convince her that Aliana's necklace was worth the life of an elven princess.  Maybe Dan was just a really good negotiator.

The scratching catches her attention.   Looking down she watches the small stone mark up the floor.  H, E, L, 2?  What was that supposed to mean?  And what was making the stone move?
Bard
 moderator, 14 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Thu 25 Jun 2009
at 04:45
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan climbs up the chain to the small opening in the ceiling.  The opening in wide enough for the thick chain to pass through and maybe an arm.  Peering into the opening he can just make out a large wheel that the chain is running over.  Dan can just make out the other end of the chain disappearing into the distance, probably going to whatever was used to winch up the princess.

The chanting continues as more cultists fill the room, lining the walls.

-----

Aliana's sword slams into the lead cultist, who drops his lantern and reels back clutching a very bloody nose.  "You elben bith.  Whyd you do dat?  I dink you brod by dose." he complains.

The cultist behind him bumps into the lead and curses, shoving the bleeding man aside.  He glares at Aliana as if daring her to try and stop him from walking into the room.  There is a long line of chanting cultists behind him.

-----

The small stone scrawls another letter.  Slowly carving out an 'M'.
Gregory Stone
 player, 263 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 25 Jun 2009
at 04:56
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg levels her sword at the cultist's chest.   Trying to look braver then she felt, and praying to Fharlanghn (I mean, seriously, why NOT at this point, right?)  that her voice doesn't squeak with terror, she stands before them.

Exactly WHAT are you guys planning to do in this room!  Services are cancelled for today!  Go back to your rooms and..um...pray about all the mistakes you've made and DON'T come out until you're DONE!

If the next cultist (or even the first one) gives her trouble, she'll smack them with her sword again, even using the "pointy part" if she must.  As long as she keeps them from coming into the room, she can hold them off.
  OOC: You know, basic D&D tactics.  *grins at the "practical" use for geek-based knowledge*

Dan Rycov
 player, 161 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 25 Jun 2009
at 08:59
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan is NOT going to put his arm up there. Never. He attempts to find another solution to this problem that doesn't involve sticking his hand in a dark hole. He wishes that stupid chanting would quiet down as he sticks his blade into one of the chain pieces at the top and hoists himself upside down, pushing against the celing with his feet to break the chain, hopefully not his sword.
John Maxwell
 player, 65 posts
Thu 25 Jun 2009
at 19:20
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John steps in behind Greg. "Right behind ya." she said, holding her twin shortswords loosely. She was just letting Greg know that if she needed to fall back, John could take over. But for now she was back out of the way.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 133 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2009
at 00:32
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
An 'M'!  Cassander stared at the letters.  H, E, L, 2, M.  Was someone trying to tell her to wear a helmet?  That wouldn't make much sense.  Could the 2 be a poorly written P?

HELPM.  Cassanders eyes widened.  Help Me.  Someone was asking for help.  Chris maybe?  "I'm here.  Tell me how to help." she said loudly, looking around the walls.
Bard
 moderator, 15 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Fri 26 Jun 2009
at 02:52
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The cult leader rises slowly out of her throne.  She gestures towards Kenjinn and an odd feeling washes over him.  Try as he might, Kenjinn is now stuck to the chain, as though an invisible layer of super glue had been slathered on and he had fumbled into it, a fly on flypaper.

"Well this has been entertaining, Kenjinn.  Thank you for the show, but I'm afraid that we must get back to business.  Call your friends into the room."  She says slowly.  "Oh stop struggling.  You'll find that you are quite stuck.  Only your friends will be able to help you now."

She stands with her hand on a cocked hip.  "No?  Then shall I provide you with some incentive?"  The hooded leader raises a shapely hand and makes a downward motion.  The chain holding Kenjinn and the princess slips a ring, jerkily moving about a half foot.  A few seconds later it moves another ring.

An ominous bell gongs sounds.

-----

The small stone writing on the floor topples over after starting to draw a small line.  It doesn't move any more.  The end scrawl read H, E, L, 2, M, I.

-----

"By farbing dose..."  the bleeding cultist has time to say before he is rudely shoved aside by another cultist behind him.

The cultist who shoved the one with the bleeding nose took a step to stand beside his other compatriot.  "Our holy light will not be extinguished by the likes of you." he sneered.

When the bell sounded, he smiled.  "Do you hear that bell?  You should really go and check on your friends or you will be one party member less."
Dan Rycov
 player, 162 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 26 Jun 2009
at 05:29
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan's heart skips a beat for a second as the chain drops, then he looks down at the cultist leader with anger. "I may not be able to move, but that doesn't stop me from doing this!" He yells and promptly attempts to use 5-pound telekenesis to punch her in the face!

OOC: Yes I can be petty
Gregory Stone
 player, 264 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 26 Jun 2009
at 08:02
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The stress of their adventure so far , "I can't IMAGINE if I had to do this for a living for REAL" she thought, Greg was frustrated and scared enough to want to take her sharp elven sword to every last one of these freaky cultists. However, the bell might mean her friends needed her.
Also, judging from "Marsha Brady" over there, still holding his nose, these guys might not be that much of a threat.

Keeping an eye on them, Greg quickly backpedaled to the center of the room, and then turned and bolted to join her friends.

She vowed, though, that if those guys get in their way on the way out, she'd personally kill every damned ONE of them!

Her mind boggled at the ominous shift in her usual moral compass.  She'd never even been in a fight since the second grade, and now she was planning to kill, or perhaps even MURDER people.

She shook her head and ran on to join the others.
John Maxwell
 player, 66 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2009
at 17:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John let Greg run past her, but she didn't follow immediately. She slowly backed her way to the rest of the group, keeping her eyes on the cultist. She didn't plan to get stabbed in the back.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 63 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2009
at 17:17
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah follows the others, her new tail twitching behind her a little.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 135 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2009
at 22:17
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander looks up to see the other girls coming towards her.  "Hey check this out." she says pointing to the writing on the floor.  "It started to write something and then it suddenly stopped.  I think that it might be a message from Chris, but I'm not sure."
Gregory Stone
 player, 269 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 27 Jun 2009
at 12:54
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg jogged up to Tizona.
I'm sorry, Tizona.  The room was literally filling with cultists.   Granted, they were kind of a bunch of wussies, but there's a LOT of them.

She looks down at the message.

"HELP ME?"  Maybe?  Or maybe "held" something?  Crap.  And I thought MY handwriting was bad.

She looks up, still shaking from her adrenal rush from earlier.
Is Dan ok?  The cult guys said that bells meant one of us might die.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 136 posts
Sat 27 Jun 2009
at 15:58
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Dan!" Cassander looked back into the second room.  She had been so entranced with the mystery of the little stone that Dan had slipped her mind.

She stood and crept to the door to the second room.  Looking into the room she could see more cultists entering through the opposite door.  Dan had climbed up the chain and remained there now, although something seemed odd about that.

Cassander slipped back to the others.  "Dan looks to be okay, but there are more cultists filling up the room.  They're chanting something so it's hard to call out to Dan and not have anyone else hear us."

She crept to the other side and looked into the first room.  Cultists.  Damn.  "What are they up to now?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:50, Sat 27 June 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 271 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 28 Jun 2009
at 12:13
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg winced with indecision.
Should I try to go back to the "zombie room" and chase the cultists away?  I probably could, I think.  Or is there someway we can help Dan, or who ever is writing that? Is it the princess? Or even Chris?
Bard
 moderator, 16 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 03:01
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The cult leader sitting comfortably in her throne, is suddenly knocked to the side by Kenjinns' telekinetic punch.  She rises to her feet, any semblance of calm gone.  She runs the back of her hand across the side of her face, sneering at Kenjinn.

"If that's how you want to play it." she snarls as the chain drops another few links.

"Come out, Ladies." She calls out, her voice carrying clearly and forcefully through to the women hiding in the doorway.  "You will lose your precious princess and friend if you do not.  There's no use in hiding, I know that you are there.  Do I need to provide more incentive for you to show yourselves?"

In the first room, more cultists carrying the smoking pots before them start to fill the room.  Interspersed among them are men and women wearing some form of armor and carrying crossbow and pikes.
Gregory Stone
 player, 272 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 12:01
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Unless one of the girls stops her (and it wouldn't take much encouragement to stop her, certainly), Greg steps out into the room with the cult leader, sword in hand.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 138 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 22:27
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Dammit." Cassander hissed under her breath.  It was probably too much to hope that the creepy hooded woman didn't know about the rest of them, but then again Kenjinn hadn't killed all of those beastmen by himself.

Before she could think of anything else, Aliana had walked into the room.  Cassander turned to Jon, her almond eyes staring into her as though the answer to some hidden question were buried in the other elf's face.

She shrugged.  "I got nothing." she said in a defeated tone and walked into the room to stand beside Aliana.
John Maxwell
 player, 67 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2009
at 23:57
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John kept her eyes on the cultists and smiled slightly "This may be D-n-D but still, pikes and crossbows in a cave? Guess I should be glad our GM doesn't have that much ancient weapons knowledge." she mummbled to herself. Had this been a pen and paper game, it wouldn't have mattered in the rules, however in this more 'real' situation it could be a major advantage. Unlike the others John was using more real world logic than game machanics at the moment but their own situation and actions in some of their cases showed that this wasn't exactly the case. She nodded to the door for Sarah to go on ahead "Go help Dan, I'll see if I can keep these guys from swarming ya'll from behind." she informed the others as she stood with her back towards the door.
Gregory Stone
 player, 273 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 00:13
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg nods to the others as they join her.
"on the one hand," she thinks, "I KNEW that the 'necklace' plan woudn't work.  On the other hand, it's not I had a plan "B" besides 'run in and kill everyone' ".
"of course,' she mused nervously, her small palms sweating. "Plan B might still be an option.'
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 64 posts
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 01:03
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah nods, having followed the others into the room.
Dan Rycov
 player, 168 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 1 Jul 2009
at 01:41
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan watches the group come into the room, missing a few people. He promptly starts up "What are you in for? I got this handled! Being magically stuck to a shadelier at the mercy of her is... acutally I might be a bit screwed here. Thanks for all of you coming in" He says, trying to bluff once again despite the fact it didn't work last time.
Bard
 moderator, 17 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 03:45
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The hooded leader, standing as regally as she can, while still rubbing the spot where Dan's TK punch hit her, shoots Kenjinn a look. For a brief instant he can see her eyes as they flash a dark malevolent red that frosts his bones.

"Thank you for being so prompt." she says with a smile that only looks pleasant.  "I would have liked to let you carry on your little game but I grow weary of watching Kenjinn play the spider."

The chain holding Kenjinn and the princess drops another few links, creeping ever so slowly towards the large pit that dominates the centre of the chamber.

"How badly do you want the princess released.  Ask yourself this.  You've travelled ever so far and braved dangers for the daughter of your ruler.  How much further are you willing to go?  Here is how this is going to work.  I will let the princess go with one of you as an escort to take her back to the Elvish kingdom and my followers shall not harry you on your way, if the rest will consent to throw themselves into my pit.  Otherwise I will let the princess and Kenjinn both drop into the pit and you all shall follow close behind."

"This is a fair bargain, for with your sacrifices you will not only be saving the princess but you will allow my followers and I to leave this land for someplace far from here where we may practice our beliefs in peace.  Never again shall our religion be seen in these lands."

"Don't take too long to give your answer." she says, gesturing towards the slowly lowering chain.
Gregory Stone
 player, 275 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 08:43
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg is horrified at what she's hearing.  Still, she blurts out a question prompted by morbid  curiousity.

Um...What's in the pit?  And just what ARE your beliefs?  Because, frankly, this doesn't seem very "peaceful" so far.
Dan Rycov
 player, 169 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 3 Jul 2009
at 11:48
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan has possibly the most dubious and untrusting face in histroy right now. "...Um, why the HELL should we trust you? I trusted you, and look where that got me. You've given us absolutely no reason to trust your motives or promises and, even if you are holding my life right now, you are the worst... repeat, the worst negotiator in history. Even more than me, and that's saying something"

This needed to be said because it was such a blatently stupid proposition that even the metally ill wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for such a thing. But then again, this was Dungeons & Dragons so heroes of that metal capacity wouldn't be that rare. This person was a mastermind by RPG standards, she didn't even enter into a scheming weasel by normal standards.

"Basically what you're saying is 'jump in the pit and hope we, the infinitely evil backstabbing villains you've been fighting all this time, keep to our amazingly dumb promise'" He shouted blatently. "You've already got our super necklace, and although it won't show it for a while, you could easily blast us and any coming enemies to smithereens" He then thought up a plan, a plan so clieched it HAD to work; stalling the villain. He gave a subtle wink to his comrades before starting his one-man voice show.

"Basically we're at a stalemate; we have the power to fight you and probably win, but then again you probably have special magics and whatnot. But then again you don't seem to be that competent. You could drop me and the princess into the pit and then throw our comrades in, but then again we've killed everything you've thrown at us with relative ease and rampaging revenge isn't exactly going to stop that, it'll only make us better and you have a higher chance of all dying. So then everyone but us, excluding me and the princess, will survive. Assuming you want to live, that isn't an option. Thus the justification for your ineptitude. At least make your blately obviously fake bargains sound good. I could give you some tips on that" He smiled. Even if he was going to die, at least he ravaged the Big Bad both mentally and physically. Twas a good day so far, apart from the wierdness and scrapes with death.

Hopefully his companions would have enough to prevent any dying on his or the princess's part.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:51, Fri 03 July 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 139 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 16:30
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander just stared at the cult leader in disbelief.  Did she really just expect them to jump into the pit?  What sort of crazy plan was that?  This cult leader must be mad.

She turned her attention to the chain and Dan.  He had said something about being magically stuck to the chain.  Didn't she have something that she could do about that?  Yes, wasn't there a dispell magic spell or something?

"Shut up, Kenjinn."  Cassander snarls at Kenjinn, and gives him a knowing wink, before turning back to the leader.  "That's a very tempting offer.  Would you mind giving us a minute whilst we talk over your offer?"
Dan Rycov
 player, 170 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 16:55
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan saw the wink and realised they had a plan formulating, but because shutting up would be out of character, almost laughing at that notion, he would not. He was quieter and seemed more like background noise but still talked. "What!? Didn't you hear what I just said? How the hell can you be that dim?" He said back, hoping his facade stood up well.
Gregory Stone
 player, 276 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 4 Jul 2009
at 19:40
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg turned to the others, trying to ignore Kenjinn.  Was he "playing along" or was he just spazzing out?  The elf didn't have a good enough sense of people to be sure, she'd just follow the others' leads.

Quietly she said:
I was actually thinking for a second of jumping in, because my ring of Feather Falling would protect me from impact, but realized a second later how stupid that plan was.  There's probably more than a stone floor down there.

Alright, I hate to say it, but is plan B, "kill everyone", still on the table, or is there anything else?  I've already stupidly used me flying and dispelling magic for the day.  I've mostly got little tricks left.


The pretty blonde cleric was REALLY trying to stave off another panic attack.  She didn't want to DIE here.  But she also couldn't live with herself if she let something happen to Dan, despite, for all intents and purposes, just meeting the guy.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 140 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 13:26
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander turned to the others, trying to hide her face from the cult leader as she did so.  She didn't know if the woman could read lips or even minds for that matter but why take a chance.

"I don't know about killing everyone." she said quietly.  "I'm running low on high damage spells and we don't know how many of these bloody cultists there are.  It could be like the Ewok Effect with us as the storm troopers.  We also don't know how powerful this witch on the dias is.  I figure we grab the princess and run like hell.  I should be able to dispell whatever she is using to stick Dan to that chain but we need to get the princess loose.  Maybe I could magic missile the chain but that would cause her to fall into the pit."
Gregory Stone
 player, 277 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 7 Jul 2009
at 13:43
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg was clearly out of ideas, so she nodded enthusiastically when Tizona game up with one.

If you can dispel the magic, I can try to cover us with my little magics and my sword.  The way out might be blocked, though, since that room was filling with cultists too.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 142 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 23:00
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Well I can probably disspell the spell holding Dan, but we need to get them out of the danger of the pit..." Cassander glanced back at the two prisoners and then at the pit.  "I do have my magic shield spell that I was saving.  Maybe I could use that to block the pit and then they could just slide to safety.  That could work, except that the shield is centered on me so I would have to throw myself into the pit and someone would have to haul me back out again.  A little risky and that would prevent me from using my magic missile spell.  Unless I could enchant an arrow with the spell and have someone else shoot it."
Gregory Stone
 player, 278 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 23:06
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
I can enchant arrows too.  That might help, maybe.    I can summon a small creature to help.  If we have more control over magic here, maybe I can  summon something better. Maybe something with wings.  Or I can see if I can mold the stone.  I mean, I don't actually have the spell ready, but maybe, with the weirdness of magic during the beastman  fight.....

Greg shakes her pretty head, clearly grasping at straws.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 143 posts
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 02:30
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"We need to work fast, Aliana." Cassander said, casting a wary glance up at the cult leader.  "We don't have time to rememorize spells.  We ahve to grab teh two of them and get out of here."

"Anybody else have any ideas?" she asked, looking at Jon and Sarah.  "Can your summoned flying creatures carrying two people?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 280 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 17 Jul 2009
at 02:40
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
No, any flying creatures would be too small, like an owl or.....wait.  Maybe...if I can bend my will to it, I CAN summon something bigger, like when we enchanted the arrows back with the cultists.   I'll.....I'll try to summon a Giant Celestial Owl, that is smart and strong enough to help us, Tizona.

Greg looks nervous, her pretty featured pinched in worry and fear, but she looks determined.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 144 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 03:15
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander glanced back one more time at the pit, judging its size.  "Alright, here's the plan.  We'll enchant a couple of arrows, one with dispell and the other with something that can break that chain.  That should free up Dan and the princess.  I'll use my protective field to block up the pit, but someone is going to have to pull me out of there because the field is centred around me and I won't be able to move.  In the meantime, either Sarah or John can start clearing a way back to that spot in the floor that we came up in."

"Does that sound reasonable?  We'll need an excuse to shoot the arrows.  Maybe we can say something about wanting that human dead before we leave."

"Let me see those arrows."
Gregory Stone
 player, 281 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 14:31
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg hands over any arrows that Tizona needs.
Ok, I can hold you.  I'm strong enough.  Just give me the signal.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Wed 22 July 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 145 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2009
at 17:40
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Can she see me?" Cassander asks as she shifts a little to hide what she's doing from the prying eyes of the cultists.  The elven sorceress concentrated, muttering quiet words of power as she touched each of the arrows.  The arrowheads started to glow softly, barely noticeably.

"Okay they're ready.  This one will dispell and this one should break the chain.  Try not to miss." she said with a wink.  "Are we ready then?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 282 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 23 Jul 2009
at 12:57
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
I'm ready.  On your mark, Tizona.....

Greg looks even paler then usual, sweating with fear, but looks determined as well.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 146 posts
Fri 24 Jul 2009
at 17:08
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander smiled at Greg and the others.  "I can't believe that I'm saying this but, let's go and rescue our princess.  Shoot the chains and then I'll do the force field thing."

She turned to face the cult leader, stepping a few paces boldly forward towards the edge of the pit.  Cassander stole a glance into the dark circle, and couldn't help but feel a mix of exhilaration and fear.  "We agree to your terms.  We shall trade our lives for our princess.  I only ask your indulgence with disposing of that horrid man before we do so.  He has been nothing but trouble since we met."
Gregory Stone
 player, 283 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 25 Jul 2009
at 00:06
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
At Tizona's nod, Greg will make as if to shot the "troublesome Bard", but till "miss" and hit  the chains with the enchanted arrows.
Bard
 moderator, 19 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Sat 25 Jul 2009
at 18:34
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The hooded leader smiles, the only part of her face that is truly visible beneath the hood that she wears.  "Very well.  Kenjinns usefulness does seem to be at an end." she says.

Greg pulls back her bow and releases the enchanted arrows.  Unfortunately the Elven cleric is a 'terrible' shot.  The first arrow strikes the chain, dispelling the enchantment that bound Dan to the chain.  Dan finds himself free and manages to grab on to the chain to keep himself from falling into the pit.

Gregs second arrow strikes the chain severing the link in the middle with a small arcane pop.  The chain is broken and the bound and unconscious princess falls.

At this point, Cassander leaps into the pit, casting her shield spell and stretching it out to 'wedge' herself in the mouth of the pit.  She is in no danger of falling and has managed to block the pit.  Being able to control what can enter the force field, the falling princess lands on top of the semi-transparent bubble and rolls unceremoniously to the side, sliding away from the pit to land on the floor near the cleric.


The cult leader shoots to her feet.  "What is this?  WHAT IS THIS!!" she shouts.  "What do you think you are doing!?!"
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 65 posts
Sat 25 Jul 2009
at 22:16
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"What do we think we're doing?"

Sarah grins, chuckling, quickly drawing her daggers and getting into a fighting pose.

"Being adventurers."
Gregory Stone
 player, 284 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 25 Jul 2009
at 22:43
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Putting her bow away, Greg squats down and hefts the princess over her slim shoulders like a sack of grain back on the farm.

I got her!!!!

"Holy crap!" the blonde cleric thinks at she heads for the exit. "I know that this girl is just some slim elven chick, but I can't believe how light she is.  Or rather," she amended, ' how much stronger I am now.  Of course, years of sword practice will do that for a person, I suppose.'

Greg races for the exit with their precious cargo, then turns, bringing out her bow.

If she has time, she'll cast a spell to summon a creature to help them, perhaps a Celestial Owl, or something bigger if possible.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 147 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 03:55
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"I love it when a plan comes together." Cassander said, grinning.  She was still hovering in the middle of the pit, held in place by her force field. "Hey!  Someone want to help me out here?!"
Dan Rycov
 player, 173 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 11:18
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander' cries are met by Kenjinn's decent of the chain. "Sure, hang on!" He replies and grabs her hand, swining back on the chain to swing them both over to the far side close to the door. At least he could move again, it was a pain being frozen like that. Totally worth it for the psychic face-punch though.
Bard
 moderator, 20 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 13:36
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"No.  No.  No!"  The leader complains watching Kenjinn pull Tizona out of the pit.  She takes a look up through an opening in the ceiling at the night sky.  The full moon was almost completely visible.  "No!  You're not going to get away.  Get in that pit NOW!  Guards!"

The cultists lining the room continue their chanting as they give each other a look.  The smoking pots are lowered to the floor and they pull various weapons out from under their robes.  Swords, Maces, clubs and knives were all visible in their hands.  They might not seem very threatening individually but there were a lot of them.
John Maxwell
 player, 70 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 14:09
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John smiled from her position in the doorway to the next room. There were a lot of cultist in front of her but she had them bottlenecked, combine that with weapons like pikes where if she could get under them they'd be easy pickings. She just had to make sure the others would be able to get out this way. "Okay, who wants to go first?" with a predatory tone in her voice.
Gregory Stone
 player, 285 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 21:37
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
O Celestial Traveler, my Road is getting to long for me alone.  I beseech you, send me a Traveling Companion to help ease my burden!

Greg, still feeling kinda stupid doing so, prays to Fharlanghn for help, casting the "Summon Monster" spell.  She's hoping for a Celestial Owl, a more powerful version of the mortal bird from the upper planes.  She's also trying to "push" her power to the limit, and get a Giant Owl, one she remembered from the Monster Manuel that was as big as a Great Dane.

She tried, again, not to think about what it meant that "Fharlanghn" was answering her prayers.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 66 posts
Sun 26 Jul 2009
at 23:32
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"You first."

Sarah throws both her daggers at one of the cultists closest to the group, then readies to catch them as they return, and throw at a new target.
Dan Rycov
 player, 174 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 27 Jul 2009
at 00:52
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan flipped out twin daggers and gripped them tightly, sweeping in towards the cultists near the door. He dashed in low and darted around them, slashing at their legs to make them fall. "I suggest we stop deciding on an order and get the hell out of here" He said to the rest of the group before sending off a hand-salute to the leader with a smirk and slashing at anyone else going to block the exit.
Gregory Stone
 player, 286 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 27 Jul 2009
at 00:59
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
If it was possible, Greg will gather up the princess in her arms and make a break for it, as soon as her creature was summoned, getting ready to set her down to fight, it need be.
Bard
 moderator, 21 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Tue 28 Jul 2009
at 01:01
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The cultists start to close in on the group, some are still chanting but most have stopped.  In the pit room one of the cultists falls to the floor clutching at his neck where Sarah's daggers dug in before they flew back into her hands.  The other cultists barely pause as they advance towards the group.  They sweep in from the sides, hoping to force you all back into the dark pit.

A Celestial owl swoops down from somewhere above Greg and does a lazy circle of the room, awaiting further instructions from the summoner.  It hoots to announce its presence and its large eyes seem to remain fixed upon Greg as it flies.

The Cultists are trying to block the doorway with a wall of pikes, but they are not professional soldiers and take too long to get into a proper position.  Dan, twin daggers flashing in his hands zips in low, slashing at their legs and further disrupting their attempts to form a line.  A few of them fall to the floor clutching at massively bleeding shins and thighs, creating even more of an obstacle.

John, momentarily overwhelmed by the selection of victims, can feel the beast within her begin to stir, awakening to the possibility of blood.

"Get them!!"  the leader shrieks from her dias.  Any semblance of calm had disappeared.  "Force them into the Pit you fools!!  Damn you all, must I do everything myself!"  She starts to chant, waving her arms wide to gather and focus her arcane energies.
Gregory Stone
 player, 287 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 28 Jul 2009
at 01:15
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg looks at the leader as she starts chanting.
oh crap!!!  Um....Get her, Mr. Owl!!!!
She waves the owl over to attack the woman and hopefully disrupt her spell.  Greg hadn't thought to ask if the intelligent creature (at least <i.somewhat</i> intelligent) had a name, so she gave it one off the top of her head, the name of the owl in the old "Tootsie Pop" ads.

She wanted to fire arrows at the woman, but realized that her first priority was the princess.
Crap!!!!  she thought, was this "princess" the key to getting home?  Was is Chris?  Did it even matter at this point?
The deceptively strong elven cleric tossed the slim elven noblewoman over her armored shoulder and drew her sword, glad now that she'd forgone the use of a shield on her character sheet.

She moved towards the doorway out, turning slightly to the side so that the princess was on the shoulder that was farthest from the enemies, and her shining elven longsword was free to swing at her foes.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 148 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2009
at 20:01
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Thanks Dan." Cassander said, drawing her long sword.  She swung the blade into one of the advancing cultists.  She was more concerned about getting out of the pit room and into the tunnel than killing cultists but she would take a good swing at anyone who got close.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 67 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2009
at 21:14
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah continues to throw her daggers, aiming for the face if possible, catching them when they fly back to her, wash, rinse, repeat as necessary. She aims for ones with longer weapons first.
Dan Rycov
 player, 175 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 28 Jul 2009
at 22:26
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan moves through the passageway, seeing as these guys seem to have it covered for now, and scouts to see if there's any more obstructions outside the room o' doom.
Bard
 moderator, 22 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Wed 29 Jul 2009
at 21:25
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The cult leader shrieks as the owl dives in on her, the beating wings obscuring her vision and the birds sharp talons and beak attacking her face.  Her practiced arm movements become chaotic as she fights to swat away the summoned bird.  A couple of the cult members who had been standing at the foot of the dias rush to help her, their arms joining their leaders in flailing away at the owl.

The cultists who had been trying to block the doorway with a wall of pikes fall back in a slightly disorganized manner.  Dan slashing away at their feet and Greg using her sword add to the body count and confusion.  The pikes are long and sharp and both Dan and Greg receive nicks and cuts for their bravery, nothing as bad as they would have received had the cultists been able to form up properly.

The rows of long pikes thin out as the cultists fall back.  Soon there is a small path of retreating or dying cultist being created by the heroes.  They're almost to the opening in the floor.

"Drop the stone!  Stop them from escaping!" one of the cultists commands and several crowd around the crank on the far wall, trying to work it free.  Dan and Greg start to face proper weapons, swords and axes coming at them.  The number of cultists is thickening like a receding wave that is gathering its strength.  They seem momentarily hesitant to attack.

Sarah and Cassander, taking up the rear of the group, fight on.  Daggers fly back and forth through the air, slashing at faces before returning to Sarahs hands.  Cassanders sword helps to keep others at bay.  The crowd is getting thicker now.  For every cultist that the two drop, another one or two step over the body.

Sarah, finding herself slightly more agile than before, possibly due to her new tail, is having an easier time avoiding the cultists than Cassander.  Sarah is able to twist away from some of the more damaging strikes, recieving few wounds but Cassander is learning a hard lesson why magic users do not belong in the front line of a melee.  She does well with her sword but is still taking the worst of the group, being flanked and cut by various blades.
Dan Rycov
 player, 176 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 30 Jul 2009
at 01:38
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan picks the biggest cultist he can see at the back of the ones blocking the exit and begins to cast Suggestion on it, ordering it to clear a path by attacking their flanks. That should give them enough of a disruption to turn around and loose their guard. He then continues fighting off cultists, now having his sword drawn from his cane and slashing at them.
Gregory Stone
 player, 288 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 30 Jul 2009
at 12:27
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg makes a dash for the hole leading to the tunnels, trying to jump into it before the stone is lowered, in order to put the princess somewhere safe.  Or...safer, anyway.  Her ring of Feather Falling means that the two of them can safely waft to the bottom without needing to climb down or land hard at the bottom.
If she's able to do this she'll leave the princess down there (provided it's safe to do so), and climb back up to help with the retreat.

If not she'll try to "rally the troops", saying something like: Everyone, get "back to back"!  We NEED to get to the exit.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 149 posts
Fri 31 Jul 2009
at 00:28
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Ow!  Dammit!  Stop that!" Cassander yelled, the harsh words sounding strange in her light feminine voice.  She swung the sword to the best of her abilities but it was clear that Tizona was no fighter.  That only made sense as she was built up to maximize spell potential, not hack and slash.

The cultists slashed and stabbed at her, cutting up the clothing and, more importantly, drawing blood.  A cultist, quick with a rapier, stabbed her, poking the tip of his blade into her shoulder.  Cassander cried out in pain.

This was stupid, Cassander thought, stumbling back.  I'm a damned mage!  A quick flick of her hand and it lit up with flame.  She gestured towards the cultists and a cone of fire ignited from her hand burning the cultists.  "Let's go!" she said to Sarah, falling back through the doorway.
Bard
 moderator, 23 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Fri 31 Jul 2009
at 01:51
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan finds a cultist larger than the rest, wielding a two handed axe.  Their eyes meet and Dan casts his spell.  The cultist swings his axe around wildly, not really hitting anyone but it is enough of distraction to force the other cultists back.  The path to the opening in the floor becomes wider as Dan slashes at any of the braver cultists.

With the wider path, Greg easily makes it to the hatch in the floor, easily avoiding the wide swings of the cultist with the huge axe.  The Princess on her shoulder, she jumps down to land in relative safety in the tunnel below.  Greg can climb back up if she wants to.

Cassanders wide cone of flames and Sarahs flying daggers drive the cultists back allowing them both to catch up with Dan and John.

Cries of rage can be heard from the room with the pit, accompanied by screamed commands urging the cultists on.  For now though, the heroes seem to be holding them at bay.
Gregory Stone
 player, 289 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 31 Jul 2009
at 12:15
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Provided that the princess is relatively secure in the tunnel, Greg climbs back up and uses her sword (or her bow, space permitting) to clear a path to the hole, and to disable anyone trying to seal it up, either by chasing away or shooting anyone getting near the mechanism that drops the stone.


"Oh Great Fharlanghn, please let my fr.......um...."  She begins saying a little prayer, suddenly realizing that she's not saying it to the God that she'd learned about in Sunday School.  She was actually praying to the Dungeons & Dragons diety of travel, that didn't exist, that some guy in an office made up........that gave her magic spells like flight and healing.

With a tear in her eye at the strangeness of it, Greg continues.
"Please let my friends an I break free of this evil den of filth and terror, so that we may continue our great journey.
I thank you for your guidence, as always. "

GOD DAMMIT!!!! she thought, What the HELL am I doing?!?  If either of my grandmothers could hear me now, they'd have frickin' KITTENS!!!
They always said that D&D would cause me to be condemned to Hell.  Perhaps this is what they meant?
Cassander Miraz
 player, 150 posts
Sat 1 Aug 2009
at 04:04
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander pulled back, stepping deftly over the fallen cultists as she moved towards the opening in the floor.  Her sword was down by her side, swung only to ward the cultists back.  She was too close to the others to risk another cone of flame spell.  Instead she summoned and released magic missiles with each graceful flick of her hand.

It didn't take her long to get to the exit.  "Come on, guys!" she yelled out, sending a volley of arcane missiles towards a group of cultists trying to work the crank.  Her delicate features were marred only by her determination to get everyone out of this place and the streaks of blood from her many cuts and slashes.

In spite of all this, the wounds and the sense of danger, Cassander was feeling very much alive at that moment.
Dan Rycov
 player, 177 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 1 Aug 2009
at 05:31
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan quickly checks back over the group to see that noone got left behind before heading further up. The others seemed to have the back covered for now, so he attempted to clear the way out so they could escape.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 68 posts
Sat 1 Aug 2009
at 14:57
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah keeps up the toss-catch-repeat routine. Once close to the hole, she sheathes a dagger, then reaches into her small pack, pulling out two even smaller bags. She tosses them into the thickest groups of cultists that she can see.
Bard
 GM, 25 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Tue 4 Aug 2009
at 01:29
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The cultists try to close up and prevent the group from reaching the hole in the stone floor but they are having difficulty.  Greg and Dan's skill with the long blade keept many of them back, and having an influenced cultist wildly swinging a large axe helps as well.

Some of the Cultists try to drop the large stone suspended above the hole, gathering around the crank, but judicious use of Magic Missiles keep them back.  Cassander continues to toss about the spell shielded by her companions.

Sarah joins up with them.  The little bags that she tossed explode in a rapidly expanding mass of thorny vines.  Cultists trapped by the vines cry out as the sharp thorns pierce their cloth robes.  An unlucky few trip into the mass, crying out even louder.  The thorny barrier keeps many more back.

A loud cracking sound eminates from the pit room, briefly lighting up the doorway with flashes of arcane fire.  An owl cries out in pain and is silenced.  There is a cry of rage and the very air seems to hesitate, scared still by it.  The cultists glance back towards the room, many with looks of fear.  Several shout to urge their fellows onward.
Gregory Stone
 player, 293 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 4 Aug 2009
at 01:52
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Oh crap, Greg thought, "Mr. Owl" was dead.

Despite the fact that the "Summon Monster" spell was pretty much designed to summon disposable monsters, a spasm of sadness went through the cleric's slim body, knowing that the Celestial Owl gave its life for them.
(crap, Greg realized, I didn't even know if it was a boy or a girl.  Not, of course, that I'm the best judge of THAT at the moment).

With a "Remember the Alamo!!!" feeling of renewed spirit and anger, Greg swung her sword with greater strength and savagery.   "Mr. Owl" will NOT have died in vain.

C'mon, guys!!!!  Mama's done with Mr. Owl, and she's on her way.  We GOT TO GO!!!   

Without even thinking about how it would, in the eyes of his fundamentalist grandparents, probably condemn him to Hell, the elven cleric gives a silent prayer to Fharlanghn for the strength to "clear the road, so that our journey might continue".

With  a gulp, the sword-wielding blonde elf grits her teeth and screws up her courage, yelling:
Everyone get through the hole!  I'll cover the rear!

This message was last edited by the player at 01:55, Tue 04 Aug 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 178 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 4 Aug 2009
at 06:53
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan thought of making a joke at that but the collective fright of a horde of bloodthirsty cultists prevented him from doing so. He quickly double-checked to make sure everyone was on the way out before slashing away at his foes and dashing back up the trail. "Once we get out, everyone head for the forest. They may have magical abilities, but they still can't run that fast or track in darkness and pouring rain" He hoped, magic seemed to maluable, but hopefully not that maluable.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 152 posts
Wed 5 Aug 2009
at 14:33
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander gave one last look around before dropping through the floor.  She landed gracefully in the tunnel below and moved out of the way for the others.  "See if you guys can drop that stone to block any pursuit." she called back up to her companions.  Should've thought of that before jumping down.

"Huh.  So elves do bleed red." she mused, feeling the sticky wound in her shoulder.
Gregory Stone
 player, 296 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 5 Aug 2009
at 20:33
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg raised her feathery blonde eyebrows at the sorceress's suggestion.
"Sure", she mused, 'and why don't I put "The Club" on the frickin' thing to make sure they can't reopen it?"

Still, she looks at the mechanism to see if there's anything she can do.  She swings her sword in wide, lethal arcs, mostly to keep cultists at bay then to really kill anyone.  She also draws a dagger.

Although she didn't have it "memorized", Greg will see if she can "pray" for the clerical spell "Stone Shape", that she could use to seal up the hole behind her.

Option two would be to try to throw the dagger to hit the rope securing the crank the lowers the stone.    If the stone can then lower on its own to cover the hole  after she jumps in, the severed rope might mean that it can't be raised again until they are long gone.
John Maxwell
 player, 72 posts
Thu 6 Aug 2009
at 17:58
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John was doing pretty well holding keeping the additional rush of cultists from entering, but they were pushing too much for her to hold for much longer. "Survival is important, and beating Chris' senario is probally the best chance we have at getting home." she thought as she ducked under a pike "Guess there's no need to hold back." she said to no one in peticular as she let the beast within grow in power enough to change her body, she kept her instincts on a tight lease to keep from losing control again.
Bard
 GM, 29 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Mon 10 Aug 2009
at 06:16
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John slowly releases her hold on her humanity and lets the Were part of her begin to rise.  She starts to change, growing furrier and taller, and more powerful.  The cultists seem to step back from the Werewolf, hesitant to risk her claws, although some do inevitably try.

She had been so busy growling and swatting at the oncoming cultists that she nearly missed the bright arcane flash that signalled the end of the summoned Owl.  The hooded leader let the animals charred remains drop from her hand and shrieked with rage, a shriek that resounded off of the stone walls and caused all who heard it give pause.  Her only outlet in the pit room was John.

Her eyes locked on to Johns, holding them at a distance.  John couldn't quite make out the words that the leader was muttering, but there was a soothing quality to them.  Release the beast within you, the leader cooed seductively.  She wasn't speaking it outloud, but John could hear it as if she were whispering into her ear.  Loose its bonds and give in to the urge to kill.  That is the only way that you will be able to save yourselves.  It is the only way that you will be able to kill me.

Some of the cultists closing in on John, stopped and looked at their leader, hearing the same words.  They fell to the stone floor, inhuman snarls and growls coming from their slowly changing human throats.  The words felt like liquid silk to John.  The elf could feel the beast within her start to respond.  It's master was calling to her, and each step that the leader took towards John, the feeling grew.  It was a silent compulsion that appealed to John bestial side.  Why fight it?  You want to kill, to taste bloodied flesh.  Let me help you as I have others of your kind.  All you have to do is let go.


-----

It the other room, Sarah was beginning to feel ill.  It started as a queasy feeling in the pit of her stomach but it began to grow.  There was something in the air, she could feel it.  Something that prickled the hairs on the back of her neck.  Some of the cultists nearest the door to the Pit Room doubled over.  The collapsed to the floor, writhing as the beast within them started to emerge.  One by one they fell, almost in a sequence moving towards the rest of the heroes.

It was like watching a wave slowly crawl up a beach.  The cultists nearest the doorway fell over and then others, in an ever expanding ripple of human pain.  One in every five cultists succumbed to the unseen ripple.   As the cultists began to fall closer to her, Sarah's ill feeling worsened.  She could feel something inside her stirring, clawing to break free.


-----

Dan and Greg were holding the cultists at bay but then some of the attackers started to fall of their own accord.  They would double over and the two could make out the beast within them starting to emerge.  Some of the attackers gave their changing comrades some more room, knowing what was coming and not wanting to be in the way.

The cultist problem was slowly becoming worse.  There were still enough cultists to cause some difficulties but the slowly changing cultists were going to add even more problems.


-----

Cassander could feel a spell being woven, a powerful one.  It seemed to thicken the very air and it was becoming stronger.  What it was however, she could not tell.
Gregory Stone
 player, 304 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 10 Aug 2009
at 07:11
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
SHIT!!
Greg exclaimed, almost ignoring how adorable the explicative probably sounded in her new "pretty, pretty, princess" voice.


We've GOT the princess, let's GO!!!!   Everyone out!!

She got nearer to the hole going down, to cover the retreat of the last of her comrades, she was tempted to get out her bow to try to take out, or at least distract, the cult leader, but didn't want to put down her sword long enough, being so close to her minions.

Instead she prayed again to Fharlanghn, casting the clerical spell "Obscuring Mist" to block the cult leader's view of them.

O Great Wanderer of the Heavens, I ask of you a boon, send the early morning mists to aid me, to shield me from my enemy's sight, so that my journey might commence!

She wanted a line of fog to block the leader's view, to stop more spells.
Dan Rycov
 player, 180 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 10 Aug 2009
at 09:31
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan gritted his teeth as everyone started going savage. He edged back a bit, still slashing away at the cultists, expecially the ones that were about to become amazingly powerful and rip them to shreds. Dan noticed Greg praying to her imaginary god, or real god or alternate reality god or whatever, so he thought maybe he could use some supernatural help as well. He doubled back to the tower, hoping the changing cultists would block the rest long enough, and attempted to imagine something inside the tower, a powerful weapon from their world...
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 71 posts
Mon 10 Aug 2009
at 11:07
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"... gah..."

Sarah stumbles, nearly losing her balance and falling into the hole. She slowly reaches up and feels her ears. Her pointed ears, higher on her head and still changing.

"Oh, jeez... what the hell... this hurts..."
John Maxwell
 player, 77 posts
Mon 10 Aug 2009
at 13:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Words floated to John's mind that wasn't her own "Nice try bitch, but I've been like this for as long as I can remember. I know when not to lose control. she thought keeping her control tight as she charged into the cultists, the others were escaping into the hole and she'd have a hell of a time reaching them, so she was going through this smaller force of cultists. The original part of John was glad she had made her character bitten at such a young age, long enough to learn how to unleash the beast and still have control over her body. She was trying to break the line of sight and get out of there, though as a means of spite, she knocked a cultist at the leader, if she was lucky it could break the leader's concentration. If not she was still making a break towards the exit.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 154 posts
Mon 10 Aug 2009
at 14:45
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"You okay, Sarah?" Cassander asks, moving over to her friends side when she falls through the opening in the floor.  She bent down to help Sarah up and paused at the sight of Sarahs ears.  First a tail and now ears?

Making sure that Sarah was okay, although with those strange changes going on who could tell, Cassander moved to pick up the princess and throw her over her shoulder in a firemans carry.  The effort made Cassander wince, not because of any lack of strength but because she had forgotten aobut her own wounds for the moment.  Carrying the Princess, Cassander made her way back along the tunnel towards the tower.

"Let's go, Greg!" she shouts back to the cleric.  Where was John in all this?
Bard
 GM, 30 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 00:22
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The cult leader didn't seem fazed at all by Johns retort.  Of course you've been like that for a long time.  Trapped within that frail elvish form.  Wouldn't you like to feel the power of the werewolf all the time?  Become that which you were always meant to be?  Not an Elf but a powerful Were.  Her words continued to be soothing and john was having a hard time pulling her eyes away from the cult leader.

John tried to throw a cultist at the leader but that action just seemed wrong, so she didn't.  Johns Werewolf self could feel the pull of the leaders words, as though she were weaving an invisible leash around her self control.  The need to run away was strong, for the words held an authority that John could feel growing more powerful over her.  At the same time, she didn't want to run, didn't want to leave this woman who was the Alpha of this pack.

-----

Greg prayed to Fharlanghn.  That same power that had allowed her to summon a Celestial Owl returned.  Like the warm feeling of a sunny day, the divine power flowed through Greg and a thick mist began to fill both rooms.  It rose quickly, first obscuring feet and then waist and then finally it rose up over everyones heads to reach towards the ceiling.

-----

A thick mist flowed into the Pit room, breaking the contact between the cult leader and John.  Johns will snapped firmly back under her control as the mist filled the room.  She could hear the snarls of the emerging werebeasts and a cry of frustration from the hooded leader.


-----

Dan makes it back to the tower without incident.  It probably helped that the companions had defeated all the opponents and traps on their way in.  Back in the original room where the chairs had suddenly appeared, he concentrates, picturing a weapon in his mind.

Nothing happens.

-----

Sarah feels that odd unease begin to fade.  It's still there, in the back of her mind and she can still feel a prickling over her skin, but it's not as bad anymore.  Perhaps there was a lull in whatever was causing the bad feeling.


-----

Cassander, the Princess on her shoulder, makes it back to the tower.  The way back had not been completely easy for blood now streaked her clothes and bare skin.

OOC:  Here's the sitch in the Cultist rooms.  The thick mist is making it difficult to see more than 5 or 6 feet in front of you.  Only 1 in 5 cultists was changing into a beast form and it will be next 'turn' when they might be able to act.  For the moment there is confusion among the cultists.

There are two exits, one known and the other a potential.  The known exit is the one in the floor of the Stone Room.  There is a doorway on the farside of the Pit Room, but you don't know where it leads.

Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 72 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 00:31
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah takes a quick breath, then resumes her throw-catch-repeat mantra, waiting for John to come through.
John Maxwell
 player, 78 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 00:39
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John's mind snapped firmly back under her own control. "I don't take well to following orders. I'm a lone wolf, I'm not bound by any pack." she snarled before charging into the confused cultists blocking her exit. She planed on punching a hole through their lines and making a break for it.
Gregory Stone
 player, 305 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 05:34
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
OOC:  Where are John and Sarah standing, by the way?  Greg is by the hole, topside, and had been trying to be "rear-guard" for everyone else.   If John is still topside and gives the indication of making a break for the other exit, Greg will give up on waiting for her.  If Sarah, who I thought was near the hole, topside, seems to need help, Greg will help her down the hole, carrying her, if needed.  If only Greg and John are up there, however, and John is headed for the front door as a scary werewolf, then......

Greg's beautiful elven face lit up in a smile, almost bright enough to pierce the fog that she'd summoned.
  TOTALLY. FRICKIN'. AWESOME.   

Making sure that everyone who's coming has left, she leaped into the hole, her magic ring slowing her fall to the floor.
Fharlanghn, Old Buddy, I don't care if you ARE a made up god, you officially have yourself a new follower.

Despite how goofy Greg feels, talking to a god from the D&D Player's Handbook, her eyes still fill with tears.

It seems she was finally having the "religious experience" that she'd always wanted, since she'd been a child.   She would have broken down and sobbed with joy, but there was no time.

She moved, hopefully bringing Sarah, down the corridor, sword in hand, as fast as possible towards the old tower where they'd begun they're strange journey.   If she caught up to Tizona, she'd offer to take the princess.
The woman would feel light as a feather now, as light as Greg's heart now felt.
Dan Rycov
 player, 181 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 07:09
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan frowned and groaned at the significant lack of shotguns. But he supposed maybe space-time powers were a bit much to ask right now. Regardless, everyone was still inside the now misty tunnel. As he wondered when it filled with mist he tried to concuct a plan. Because everything always works out so well when he does that.

He quickly decides that he's not much use outside and goes back in, pulling out his sword. He finds Greg back in the hole, flaunting over the mist. "You have a plan? My ones aren't likely to work very well in the presence of a werewolf and mist filled tunnel" He informs her, keeping a strained eye out down the obscured tunnel.
Gregory Stone
 player, 306 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 08:05
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
OOC:  This is what I THINK is happening:

Greg tried to bring Sarah into the tunnel with her after it became clear that John was going out the front door.

They then  caught up with Cassander and the princess, hopefully with Greg taking the unconscious girl off the sorceress's hands.

Now, the "fog" is only in the room above the escape hole, where the cultists are, not in the tunnel below.
Under the escape hole, the area is mist-free.

In fact, hopefully Greg and the others are well out of the mist area and away from the hole when Dan comes back to them.



Greg sees Dan and nods, thankful that he's ok.   Then she shakes her head when he asks about a "plan".   There are tears streaming down her pretty face, but otherwise seeming strangely happy.

All I can think of is to make a break for it back to the tower, and maybe either set up defenses there, or take off with Her Highness here, and try to make it to the next town.   I think John went "wolf" again and went out the front doors of whatever freaky fortress this place is, but hopefully as a Ranger, she'll be able to find us again. 
Dan Rycov
 player, 182 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 11:33
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan looked back into the swirling mist, hearing the sounds of combat and savageness. He doublechecked back and saw Greg crying. "Splitting up would probably give us a better chance of escaping, but..." he trailed off, turning to her, "...running off from all the others isn't that good of an idea. Who knows when we'll regroup again? We need somewhere to meet up at" he thought back to all the landmarks they mused at before all this insanity started. "The town we ran from seems like the closest landmark not crawling with cultists. If we all meet up there we can split up safely" Dan mused to her. The only concern with that plan was escaping and all of them knowing where to regroup.
Gregory Stone
 player, 309 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 11:43
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg nodded seriously, but couldn't, it seemed, get the silly grin off her face.

That town is pretty hostile to us, if I remember the actual "game" part of the night, but...well, you're right, they'll be LESS hostile than THESE jackholes!   Ok, we'll all try to make our way back to the town, perhaps to the one of the churches?  I think that they had a shrine to Fharlanghn.  Most towns on major travel routes do.

She seemed to smile even wider at the thought.

Tizona and I can take the princess.  I'm not sure what happened to John, but as a tracker, he should be able to find us again, by heading back to the tower, if nothing else.   Sarah should be here somewhere......
Dan Rycov
 player, 185 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 12:02
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"We need to tell them first, hopefully without telling the cultists our destination either" he agreed, nodding and facing back to the mist. "I'll see if I can find Sarah or John. Stealth should come in handy right now" he replied, sheathing his sword in the cane but keeping a grip on it. He then crept carefully into the mist, trying to stay as incognito and aware as possible so he could locate the others and tell them of the plan. Then he'd cheese it.
Gregory Stone
 player, 311 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 12:47
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg nodded to the bard.

Ok,  cool.  I'll go back to the tower with Tizona and the princess and help guard our escape hatch.

Greg continued on with Cassander and the princess.  Once there, she'd use some of her last spells to heal the sorceress.  She'd also examine the princess, to see if there was anything she could do for her.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 155 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 15:05
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Hey thanks." Cassander grinned once Greg had healed her wounds.  She took a moment to use a cantrip to clean herself up.  The cantrips were pretty much all that she had left for magic.  "Why are you smiling, Greg?  You've got this seriously goofy grin on your face."
Gregory Stone
 player, 312 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 15:18
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg, still grinning pointed ear to pointed ear, looked at Tizona in confusion.
Am I? 
Even with the tears that still drip slowly from her large eyes, Greg looks like nothing more than a woman in love.
Deeply, madly, passionately in love.

She puts a dainty looking hand to her face.  It comes away wet.

Huh.  And I'm crying too?  How about that?

The elven cleric seems more amused than surprised.
She even starts giggling.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 156 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 15:28
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander looked at Greg like she was trying to figure out if the Cleric had gone mad.  Crying, giggling and smiling like a woman in love.  Cassander wasn't sure what to make of it.  "Greg?  Are you alright?"  Was this some sort of spell, maybe an aftereffect of that fog?  Giggling Tear Gas?
Gregory Stone
 player, 313 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 11 Aug 2009
at 15:42
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg started to laugh a little harder when Cassander approached her with concern.
She stifled her giggles, with effort, sensing perhaps, that they made the sorceress MORE concerned.

Am I "alright"?  Yes, and no.  In some ways my life has completely fallen apart, with everything I knew being swept away like smoke in a hurricane.   In other ways.....

She looked on the verge on tears again, despite her joyful smile.
In other ways....Things have never BEEN more....right.

She shook her head, chuckling a bit, as if she didn't have to words to express herself.

Cassander....Tizona...I'm sorry to worry you.  I'm fine.   We can talk about this later, if you like, but it's nothing that should interfere with us getting the HELL out of here when Dan comes back, hopefully with Sarah.

The pretty blonde cleric looks her elven friend in the eyes for a few seconds, the reaches out and impulsively gives her a powerful hug, holding her tight against herself.

I just.....I just LOVE all of you guys.   So MUCH!
Cassander Miraz
 player, 158 posts
Wed 12 Aug 2009
at 00:24
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Greg...Aliana...wha..."  Cassander said, surprised at the sudden and enthusiastic hug.  It didn't stop her from returning it with a soft chuckle.  "I...I love...you too, Aliana.Okay, that sounded wierd but what else could I say?  Good for you?

"I'm not sure I understand what you mean but we can talk about this once we're all safe and away from here."  Cassander was less concerned now but growing more curious.  Just what was running through that pretty head of Alianas?  "I kind of like...seeing you this happy."
Gregory Stone
 player, 315 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 12 Aug 2009
at 01:22
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg chuckled.
Yes, I like being this happy too.  I probably won't last, or anything, but it just....feels so GOOD, you know?   

She disentangles herself from the curvaceous elven magi and grins sheepishly.
But,  you're right, of course.  I'm not important right now, our friends are.  We MUST make sure they make it out alive too!

Drawing her powerful elven longbow, Greg went to stand over the open trapdoor leading to the tunnel, where she hoped to see at least two, and hopefully, three, of her dearest friends emerge.   If she saw cultists....well, that's what arrows were FOR, right?

She grinned at her little joke.
The blonde cleric glanced around the tower briefely.  It really WAS a charming place.   A few rugs, maybe a tapestry or three, and it would make a nice church, or a waystation for travelers.
Which, for Fharlanghn, was close to the same thing.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 159 posts
Wed 12 Aug 2009
at 15:15
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"We'll make it out of this." Cassander said, readying her own longbow.  'Feels so good', Aliana had said.  It was hard not to smile at the elf maidens enthusiasm.  Hells, Cassander could feel it oozing out of her when they were hugging.  It was definitely nice to see and Cassander could feel her face growing red when she thought of how nice it was to have a beautiful happy elven woman that close to her.

The Sorceress shook her head gently to get her wandering thoughts back under control.  "We'll get out of here." she repeated.  "All of us."  Her statement might almost have been a short prayer.
Bard
 GM, 32 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Thu 13 Aug 2009
at 02:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The thick fog that fills the Pit Room prevents John from seeing any great distance, maybe only 6 feet in from of her.  She can hear the growls of the beastmen as they finish their slow and disorienting change.  They would be on the move in a minute.

A large jet of flame lights up a patch of the fog.  "Find her!" the leader shouts.  "Find them all and bring them back!"  There is obvious frustration in her voice and John can hear the cultists trying to organize themselves to conduct a search.  Another jet of flame is accompanied by several screams from the cultists.  "Damn this Fog!"

With a little effort and much rending of flesh, John makes it to the Stone Room.  The cultists in this room were busy trying to encircle Sarah and were not prepared for a werewolf to rip into them from behind.  John can link up with Sarah.

-----

Sarah repeats her pattern of dagger throwing.  The thick fog prevents her from seeing any great distance but her suddenly acute hearing and sense of smell compensate somewhat.  Although she can't see her targets, she can hear the impact of the thrown knives and the screams of her hit targets.

-----

Dan easily finds Sarah.  She's still near the entrance in the floor, holding cultists back with her daggers.  The fog and the daggers are causing some confusion in the room, and then there's the suggested cultist swinging his two handed axe somewhere off in the fog.  With John coming to meet them, Dan shouldn't have much trouble sneaking around and finding her.

-----

Back in the tower, the two elves peer into the tunnel, waiting for their comrades.
Gregory Stone
 player, 322 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 13 Aug 2009
at 08:25
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg hummed a song to herself, smiling as she did so.  Cassander might recognize it as "On the Road Again".   After a moment, she stops and backs away from the hole.
I might as well prepare for the eventual "running for our lives", I suppose.
She actually giggled a bit as she said it.

Lowering her head, she began to cast a spell with a prayer to her God.

O Great Fharlanghn, Eternal Traveler, you humble servant asks for your blessing on her unworthy feet.  Bless my steps to make my Journey swifter, so that I might better aid my friends.

OOC:  She casts "Longstrider", a spell that increases her movement by 10feet per round, or in real terms, by 33%.
Did Greg find out anything by examining the princess, any wounds or magic spells that were obvious.  She'll do a bit of healing from her minor spells remaining if it will help.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:55, Thu 13 Aug 2009.

John Maxwell
 player, 81 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2009
at 16:15
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
John sniffed the air and realize that Sarah was there. She noticed something was slightly different with her scent. "Crap. We gotta get outta here before that fog clears.".

She howled as she charged in behind the cultist, trying to reach Sarah.
Dan Rycov
 player, 193 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 14 Aug 2009
at 06:48
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan moved through the fog, attempting to stay out of sight and detection. Once he got close enough he told her in a semi-quiet voice "Sarah, it's Dan. We're making a break for it and regrouping at the town. Try and get away before the fog clears!" he quickly doubled back after telling her that and snuck towards the exit, keeping an eye out for John as well.
Bard
 GM, 33 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Wed 19 Aug 2009
at 01:46
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The heroes split up and make their escape from the cultists and the tower.  the cultists try to pursue but the attempt inevitably fails.

Feeling tired from the fight and the flight, the five companions and one unconscious elven princess arrive back in the small town where they all met.  It is late night, the streets are dark except for a few lit torches scattered along the main avenue.  Houses and shops are dark, but light still comes from a tavern and Inn.  The night is creeping on and all of the recent activity has taken its toll.
Gregory Stone
 player, 323 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 19 Aug 2009
at 02:38
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg sets the princess down as they reach the edge of the town.   She was exhausted, but remembered, with a chuckle, that she'd taken the "Endurance" feat on her characters sheet.   The special ability had been intended to that "Sister Aliana" could sleep in her Chain Shirt armor without penalty, but it was CERTAINLY coming in handy now.

She shook her head while she caught her breath, remembering sitting around the table at Chris's house, working on the character.
It seemed like years ago.
 Greg found that she could barely remember what any of them looked like in the "real world".   Granted, Chris had been the only one she'd met before the game, and him only briefly when Greg had overheard the man talking about the game in the comic book/gaming store where Greg had worked.
Still, it saddened Greg that Cassander's face as a man was a blurry haze, even though the "man" was fast becoming a close friend, as were they all.
"Traveling Companions" was one of the highest orders of friendships among clerics of Fharlanghn.  An order that Greg now found herself.   Was the God real?  Were the "miracles" that Greg could call down in His name just more screwed up magic from this world?

Greg found that she didn't care.  Even of they "went home" in the next ten minutes, even if she was suddenly changed back into a HE, Greg would be a devotee of Fharlanghn, God of Roads, Lord of the Horizon, Celestial Wanderer.

She.....he....just felt it in her heart.

Still, she realized, as her breath came back, thoughts of working in an Earth travel agency or something similar weren't going to help them at the moment.

Looking up at Tizona and whomever else might have caught up with them, she nodded back towards the town.

Do we want to take our chances and hope that the town is willing to forget our little 'bar fight' from before and try to get rooms, or should we make other arrangements?

This message was last edited by the player at 02:39, Wed 19 Aug 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 194 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 19 Aug 2009
at 04:54
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan caught his breath as they met up. Neither him or Kenjinn were used to running so this was double the pain. Why couldn't we've been sent to a place with cars? He thought as his breaths ceased their frequency and heaviness. Everyone else seemed as tired as he, moreso porbably but definitely tired.

He stared into the town with a frown. His thoughts drifted to finding the nearest pub to drink this memory away like he did everything else... or at least Kenjinn did. These thoughts were sinking into his brain, that was never a good sign. He didn't want to have Kenjinn's blackouts and alchoholism but he did have it and it was crying out for some fermented hops and barley. Maybe a bit later in a less contempting place.

He heard Greg's words and thought for a moment. "I'd hope they would be, inns wouldn't get much service otherwise" he replied as he stood up tall and dry. His hat felt like an umbrella. "In any case, it's not the townspeople we should fear primarily. I doubt those cultists will sleep well tonight and I don't want to be murdered in my sleep. But we're all tired, we have no choice" He started off towards the town, looking back to the others. "We should take watches if we're going to sleep here. I'll see if they're still hostile"

Kenjinn goes back to the inn and opens the door, trying to look as diplomatic as possible whilst surveying the interior. Hopefully they wouldn't kill him, he could try bargaining with them. Because that always works so well He facepalmed himself.
Gregory Stone
 player, 324 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 19 Aug 2009
at 10:15
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg didn't try to argue with Dan's suggestion that he go into town to talk to the Inn keeper.  The man WAS the most persuasive among them, after all.
Hell, from what I saw, his "magic necklace" idea almost worked.   The cult chick's own greed ruined it more than anything.

Greg thought about volunteering to join the Bard, as back up, but figured that "one of those damned elves" would only serve to muddy the waters.
Still, she'd keep an pointed ear cocked for trouble.  Even in her metal armor, she was the fastest one here, with the possible exception of John when she was "wolfed out".

Greg bowed her head in prayer.
Thank you, Great Wanderer, for watching over our journey.  We have traveled far from our homes, Father of Roads, and hope that Your light will continue to guide us.

She went back to examining the princess.  She used some of her minor healing magics, but otherwise just tried to figure out what was wrong with her, calling on her power to channel Fharlanghn's divine power to examine the elven woman.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 160 posts
Wed 19 Aug 2009
at 13:20
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The run back to town had been tiring but exhilarating.  Even now, standing on the edge of the darkened town, her chest heaving from the exertion, Cassander was wearing a big grin.  There was a simple joy taken from the act of running that was just so appealing that it raised her spirits considerably, despite the fact that they had been running from a temple full of cultists who wanted to throw them into a pit.

"I doubt that anyone would want to mess with us after our little display earlier in the day." she said, clapping Greg on the back.  Cassander felt good, really good, but it would be pretty stupid to say how great it had felt to run for their lives.  "I guess we'll just wait around here until Kenjinn...uhm...Dan gets back.  I don't care where we end up so long as there's a bed.  I'm feeling drained but damn good.  If it weren't for the fact that I need to recover my magic, I'd take first watch."

She turned her attention to Greg and the Princess.  Princess.  They had rescued an actual elven princess, not many could say that.  Of course not many could say that they had been turned into an Elven sorceress either, but the strangeness of the change was fading away.

Her borrowed bow was in her hand, an arrow resting on the string, keeping an eye out for any pursuers.  The elven senses were amazing, the very night looked as day to her.  Cassander could get used to this.  "So, pretty exciting day, eh?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 325 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 19 Aug 2009
at 21:43
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander Miraz:
So, pretty exciting day, eh?"

Greg looked at Cassander and snorted a laugh, then started giggling, then finally broke into a full fit of laughter, sitting back on the ground, where she'd been kneeling to examine the princess.
After a couple of minutes, the blonde elven girl was able to get her giggles under control.   When she could breath regularly again, she looked up at the buxom sorceress and said, with exaggerated dismissiveness.

Meh.  I've had worse.  You even been to my store on "Free Comic Day"?

Greg laughed again, then looked at her friend, her "Traveling Companion":
I need "spells" back as well, but I can take first watch, if no one else feels up to it.   I just hope that the town cops won't try to chase us out of town again......

Her pretty face crinkles in concern.
Tizona, what if.....what if the TOWN is in on it?  I mean....that cult is VERY close to this town.  It seems unlikely that there'd be NO interaction.  Many of the town officials, many even that constable, might be members.   Hell, the whole TOWN might be part, or the entirety, of that cult.   

Despite feeling wobbling on her legs, Greg gets to her feet as gracefully as a ballerina.  She's too distracted to feel embarrassed by it, though.

Dan could be in REAL danger.  I WAS thinking that telling the town guard about the cult might buy us some good will, and some forgiveness, but....what if those freaky cult guys ARE the town guard?

Greg knew that she was being paranoid, but couldn't help it.

I hate to split the "team" even more, but....maybe one or two of us should go to back up Dan, just in case.   Gods, I know the thought of another fight tonight makes me want to cry, but....

She spread her slender arms, helplessly.
Bard
 GM, 34 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 01:11
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
It's either late night or very early morning, so when Dan opens the door to the Inn, he is greeted with a very subdued scene.  A small fire is burning in the hearth to drive away the chill of the night.  A few patrons are scattered about the large room, sprawled over tables in various stages of inebriation.  A rather stout fellow, a dwarf by the looks of him, looks up at Dan lazily, a rag and mug in his hands.

The man squints for a moment at the figure in his doorway and then quickly puts down the mug.  "Good evenin', Sah." he says, flashing a toothy grin as he rushes around the bar to greet Dan.  "And what brings ye to mah homble establishment?"

-----

The unconscious elven princess stirs, slowly waking up from whatever spell she was under.  She glances up at the two Elves and screams.  "AHHH!  Who are you!  Where have you elves taken me?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 326 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 03:36
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg rushed to the woman's side (if that's what she even WAS, considering the company she was in).

Shhh.....Take it easy, ma'am!  We're friends!  We rescued you from the weird cult that had you.  We're here to take you home. 

Greg tried to present as non-threatening a posture as possible.   Not that the elven cleric would ever consider a curvy blonde elven priestess to be particularly threatening, but she didn't want to take any chances.

I'm a cleric of Fharlanghn.  I'm here with a group from the Elven Capital to escort you home.  Everything's going to be....
She hesitated, not sure she should make promises that she couldn't keep.

Well, you're among friends, anyway.   
Dan Rycov
 player, 195 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 06:24
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan decides that perhaps he wasn't the only one in this world who got rid of his problems with copious amounts of alchohol. Thank god for that. He remains as incognito as possible. "I'm looking to hire some rooms for the night, any avaliable?" He asked, shaking his hat from his head.
Gregory Stone
 player, 327 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 06:55
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Bard:
"AHHH!  Who are you!  Where have you elves taken me?"


"You Elves"?    Greg was trying to keep the woman calm, but....was this even the princess?  Granted, Greg's practical experience was in a world with only humans, but it was her understanding that usually someone didn't talk about members of their own race like that.   They would say "you people", or, possibly even "you women".
Was this woman a decoy, a "red herring"?  Granted, rescuing ANYONE from that PIT was a good thing, so the effort of rescuing this person certainly wasn't a waste of time, but.....Greg quailed at the thought of having to go back to get the REAL princess.

Still, perhaps it was best not to let her imagination get away from her, just yet.   The woman could simply be confused and disoriented from the spell, or just from her captivity.   Or, even stranger, she could have been brainwashed  to believe that she wasn't the princess.  That cult bimbo was kind of a freak.  Greg wouldn't put something THAT messed up past her.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 161 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 13:45
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander glanced back over her shoulder at the princess.  "You elves?" she said to no one in particular.  That was an odd turn of phrase.  Of course Cassander had never met the princess - or elves or magic, well the list was long in that respect - so maybe she was the high and mighty type who said 'you elves' as one might say peasants.  It was a helluva way to say thanks.

She turned her attention back to the woods, bow in her hands.  Aliana was always the more personable of the group, when she wasn't acting all 'child with a new toy-like' so Tizona would let her handle the princess.

Greg.

The guys name was Greg not Aliana.  Gods this was confusing.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 75 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 21:24
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"I'm not an elf..."

Sarah has been following behind, a little quiet and nervously twitching her new appendage and ears.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 162 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 22:30
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"No, I guess you're not." Cassander said, giving Sarah an appraising look.  Non-human ears and a bushy tail were something that were out of place on a human but there they were on Sarah.  "What's with the...uhm...changes, Sarah?" the elf asked curiously.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 76 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 22:38
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Umm... hm. Once we get a room, I'll tell you. Its not something I want other people to hear."
Bard
 GM, 35 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Fri 21 Aug 2009
at 23:58
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Rooms, ye say?  Aye, I've several fine rooms available." The Innkeeper says with all the charm of a salesman.  He rattles off a price for a room and then looks at Dan with slightly narrowed eyes.  "I assume that you can pay with coin?"

One of the dishevelled men at a table gets up, knocking over a couple of empty mugs in the process, and begins to stagger towards the door.  He mutters something incoherent to the innkeeper and then freezes as he looks up into Dan's face.  "Kenjinn?  'zat you?"

-----

The Princess starts to scrabble backwards away from Greg.  "You keep away from me." she says in what might have been a threatening voice had it not come froma delicate looking young woman.  "I won't let you do...do whatever you do to me."

Her face seems to slowly shift and blur.  Her Elven features become less sharp and more human.  Cassander and Greg quickly recognize the effect as the fading of some illusionary spell.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 77 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 00:13
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah looks over at Dan and the keep, then walks over. She reaches in her belt pouch and pulls out enough coin for 4 rooms.

"Here."
Dan Rycov
 player, 196 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 01:08
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Luckily Dan did have the coin that the rest of the group payed him at the start of this venture. They were fairly generous then so he would have enough for some rooms. He then saw Sarah bring him more money for four rooms. Never pay for anything you don't have to, I suppose. He really should stop Kenjinn's thoughts sinking into his brain. "Yeah we'll take... four rooms" He said, putting the coin on the counter.

Just then a drunken misanthrope called him by Kenjinn. He looked over to the man, who seemed to freeze up at seeing his face. He wondered slightly why his gargantuan hat did not give him away before saying "What of it?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 328 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 22 Aug 2009
at 13:48
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
shit..... The word slipped out, then Greg tried to sooth the woman.

It's ok, ma'am.  We're friends, really!  You were a prisoner of some nutty cult lady and we rescued you.
My name is G.....Good Sister Aliana Farwalker, Priestess of Fharlanghn.   May I know your name, lady?  We'll help you return home, if you let us.  We're adventurers, ma'am.
That's what we do.  We rescue people.


Greg backs away, hoping some distance will calm the woman down.   The blonde cleric keeps her hands up, so as to not startle the.....Human?  Woman?     What had that psycho demogogue DONE to this person?
The pretty cleric felt her euphoria of her religious convictions burn away.
That EVIL BITCH!!!!!!    Greg vowed to make that cultish lunatic pay for what she'd done to this poor woman, when next they met.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:18, Sun 23 Aug 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 329 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 23 Aug 2009
at 10:30
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg thought a silent prayer to her new God.
Merciful Traveler, please help your servant to assist this poor soul, so that I may help them continue on their Life's Journey. 

It....still felt weird, praying to a divine being that, only days ago, had only existed in the rulebook of a role-playing game.

And, perhaps still does.  Greg thought, not sure if the musing would be considered blastphemous to the stoic, good-humored diety of travel.

I'm so confused.  The elven maiden did her best to keep her internal battle off her face, so as not to "muddy the waters" with the party's first impression on the cult's former prisoner.
I mean, I WAS a Christian, though, I'll admit, not a very good one.  For Crap's sake, I went to Sunday School until I was eight years old, and also to Vacation Bible School every summer until I was fifteen.  Granted, I never took any of it THAT seriously, but..... to turn away from THE God to devote myself to a diety that might only be the off-hand, last-minute creation of Gary Gygax?!?   

Greg knew, without a doubt, that the "Godfather of D&D", if he knew the young....man's prediciment, he'd laugh his fool head off, from whereever he was in Heaven.
Probably running a "Tomb of Elemental Evil" with Einstein, Socrates, and Shakespeare, or something.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 163 posts
Sun 23 Aug 2009
at 20:41
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Aliana had a last name?  Cassander glanced over at her cleric companion and chuckled at the thought.  She couldn't remember if she had even mad eup a last name for Tizona.  Of course I have a last name.  It would be weird if I didn't.  Probably weirder than takling to myself as though I were two different people.

Cassander inched a little closer to the 'Princess', watching the illusion melt away her elven image.  "That explains that enchantment that I detected on her earlier.  I should've suspected an illusion of some sort.  Some Sorceress I'm turning out to be.  Why didn't I play my Paladin?  We need to get her out of the open.  If she kicks up a ruckus, we'll draw attention to ourselves."
Gregory Stone
 player, 330 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 23 Aug 2009
at 21:25
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg looked back at her friend.
Actually, Tizona, your magic was VERY useful in getting us away from those crazy cult guys.  I'd rather have that then a paladin, I think.   
She grinned, then looked back at the "princess".
And there's nothing to worry about, ma'am.  You're safe now, or at least you're away from that freaky cult.  We'll protect you.  I promise.

Perhaps we SHOULD get inside, though.  Our friend is securing us rooms, even as we speak.


OOC:  to be honest, I only just noticed the last name on my Scratchpad, where I have my spells for the day and other character information.  I had checked it to refresh my memory on the character and saw it.   "Holy Crap.  I have a last name", I said.   I'd forgotten too.  *grin*
Bard
 GM, 36 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Sun 23 Aug 2009
at 23:00
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The Innkeeper looks at the coins a little suspiciously, even picking up one to bite it.  "Four rooms, aye.  I'll have Lucille show you to the rooms." he says cheerfully.  "Lucille!  Where are ye, girl?  We have guests that be needin' ta see see their rooms."  The Innkeepers shouting rouses some of the patrons who look his way a little annoyed.  A Halfling runs out of a back room and stammers an apology and a greeting at the same time.  "See these fine folks to rooms 5, 6 and 10, 11."

The Halfling bows and gestures for you to follow her.

The drunkard leans a little closer to Kenjinn, as though he had to make sure for himself that Kenjinn was really, well Kenjinn.  "Heh heh.  You came back.  I thought that you would've...*hic*...would've turn tail an run after that alterca...alterca...fight.  You guys and those elves wrecked the place, hadda come here to do my drinking.  Oswald here charges too much for the stuff."

-----

The image of the elven princess disappears, leaving behind a young looking girl with a shaven head.  She might almost look like one of the cultists, but seems much more innocent looking and scared.  She shies away from 'Good Sister Aliana' as though the touch of the elf would kill her in a horrible, horrible manner.  "Leave me alone!" she shrieks.  "Don't touch me!  Where's my mistress?"

If Cassander or Greg check, there are no more enchantments on the girl.
Dan Rycov
 player, 197 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 01:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Everyone charges too much for the stuff" He replied to the drunkard. "Entertainment's a good trade for discounts though" Kenjinn continued with a smile. "Do us a favour and try to keep my return on the down low. Wouldn't want more places going broken and having to move onto the next bar, eh?" he propositioned him, slipping him a coin. "Have a good one then" he told him, moving over to Sarah. "I'll go get the rest of the group, can you make sure they actually sell us rooms?" he asked her, but with more of an order than a question. he then walked out of the room, trying to keep a low profile still.

Kenjinn reached the outskirts of the town to where the rest of their group lay. He ran up with a smile, since things seemed to be going their way, "Alright, good news. Noone's spotted us yet and noone at the inn seemed to be in the mood for it, or in the consciousness for it, so we should be able to get in and out without any... who's this?" He stopped midsentance to point at the strange bald lady on the ground, recoiling from them. He stared and pointed for a moment before his head put A and B together and he facepalmed. "We fell for the oldest trick in the book, didn't we?" He commented before pulling hs hand down and staring at the girl.
Gregory Stone
 player, 331 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 24 Aug 2009
at 11:48
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg felt her heart sink like a stone when the girl mentioned a "mistress"
Jesus Christ in a Party Hat!!!! The priestess thought angrily.   She's one of THEM, isn't she!

We don't want to hurt you, young lady.  Who is  your mistress?  Was the woman who led the beast men?

Actually, Greg DID want to hurt the girl, partly out of frustration, and partly to put the probably brain-washed bimbo out of her own misery.
But, the cleric thought, that's not what Farlanghn teaches.  One must give mercy and succor to travelers until they try to harm you.
Still, there was no reason not to try to get some information out of the girl, especially if they could find out the name of the crazy cult leader.

He glanced back at Dan, nodding sadly.
Yes.  It seems that our "pea" was under a different "walnut". 

Of course, this opened up the idea: Was the princess even WITH the cult?  It seemed like a long shot that the psycho woman would know about the princess and that they were looking for her unless she HAD had her, but..... well, stranger things have happened.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 164 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 00:18
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Mistress?  Oh great, we've kidnapped a cultist." Cassander said wryly, turning her attention back to the woods around them.  It wasn't a bad bit of deception actually.  Cast a bit of glamour over a cultist and lure them in.  Next time, we cast Dispell Magic on the captive.

"So I guess we're back to square one in trying to find our Princess.  Let's head to the rooms."  She turned and started to walk towards the Inn and paused.  Turning back to face the girl formerly referred to as Princess, Cassander thought for a moment.  "What are we going to do with her?  We can't leave her here to run back to the guys who were trying to kill us.  I guess we'll have to take her with us."
Dan Rycov
 player, 198 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 09:08
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan was hesitant. "That's not too wise. All manner of things could happen if we take her with us" He said, turning to her with glaring eyes. "But she still is a person, we can't just ditch her in the wild" Dan continued, scratching his head and looking down in thought. He put his hand on his chin for a few seconds before turning back to her. He moved over to the woman and knelt down to be eye-level with her. He didn't say anything for a bit before asking calmly, "What was the last thing you remember?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 332 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 12:00
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Though Cassander's idea of keeping the cultist around, possibly to interfere with them at a later date, was galling, Greg wasn't too keen on just letting her go, either.

If the authorities are willing to forgive our "shenanigans" from earlier tonight, especially after we tell them about the cult (assuming that they're not all members), perhaps we can turn her over to the local police.  Perhaps they can find her family?
Cassander Miraz
 player, 165 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 16:46
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Oh right.  She's a person.  Cassander grimaced at her mental slip.  "I don't like the idea of taking her with us either, but I like the idea of her telling of us even less.  I guess leaving her with the local authorities could work just as well."

She glanced around at the dimly lit streets.  "We could look for a guardsman or sheriff or whatever they call them here."
Gregory Stone
 player, 333 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 17:13
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg nodded to Tizona and looked at the girl, trying to give a look of strength with compassion.
Kind of like my own mother, eh? she thought to herself. Cripes!  If she could only SEE her "baby boy" now, right?

What's your name, young lady?  How did you come to be here?

O Farlanghn, give me the strength to help this girl and to NOT give in to the urge to slap her "upside" the head until she renounces her"mistress".!
Dan Rycov
 player, 199 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 21:19
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan looked back up at them hesitantly. "Eh... well, I didn't exactly go up to the authorities. I was thinking maybe we just lie low and try not to draw attention" He assured them. Maybe they had forgiven them but he wasn't so sure.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 166 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 21:53
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"Oh, right.  Good point.  They might not have taken too kindly to our busting up the bar earlier.And would definitely not have appreciated the bolt of lightning that I called down.

She slung the bow over a shoulder and crossed her arms over her chest.  It took her a few tries to do so.  Tizona was rather well endowed in the chest and it made for some near comical attempts at crossing arms.  "I don't have the energy for a sleep spell.  We could just tie her up or knock her out."

Cassander was trying hard not to look at the girl now.  There were unfamiliar pangings when she thought of the poor girl taken away from her family by a cult.  Cassander had to remain objective and not start to feel something for the girl.  It was too late of course but she could still try.  "Maybe we could get her drunk..."
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 78 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 22:28
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah heads up with the girl and checks the rooms over, making sure they're worth the money she shelled out for them. Once she's satisfied, she heads down and waits for the party to return.
Gregory Stone
 player, 334 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 25 Aug 2009
at 23:41
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Since the bald girl hadn't answered their questions, Greg could only assume that she wouldn't, so as not to betray her "mistress".
I could approach the authorities and tell out story, unless you think it too risky.
Or, we could find the biggest church in the area, perhaps one of the more militant ones, like Heironeous or St. Cuthbert, if they exist here, and leave her with them, since the more "bible-thumping" types here would probably love to be able to get in the way of this "cult".   


Taking hold of her holy symbol, she took a deep breath.
Also, I might have a spell that can give us more information.

Greg looked over at Tizona and the others, and began speaking Elven.

My "Detect Thoughts" spell, might give us some information about what she knows about the cult and herself, especially if, when I give the signal, you begin asking her those specific questions.
Bard
 GM, 37 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 21:07
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Lucille, the halfling, tries hard not to stare at Sarah but fails miserably.  Sarahs new ears and tail are just too out of the ordinary for the girl to keep from staring at.  Several times she looks like she wants to say something but seems to shy away from the idea at the last minute.

She leads Sarah to the four rooms that they've paid for.  The rooms are fairly simple, consisting of a bed, a dresser with a pitcher of water and a bowl, a chair and a small window.  There are a few candles for illumination which are not lit at the moment.

As Sarah finishes examining the rooms and just as she turns to head back down to the others, she hears a faint whispering in her head, as though the wind has carried a voice through the Inn.  "Come outside, little pup.  We must speak."

-----

The bald girl looks up at Greg, Dan and Cassander.  "My name...is...is Ula and I am one of Nymuriels faithful.  She will protect me from you.  You will not harm my soul.  Let me go or...or..."  She seems to be putting up a brave front but it's easy to see that she's scared.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 79 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2009
at 21:26
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Sarah raises an eyebrow and heads outside, glancing around but not leaving the area near the front door.
Gregory Stone
 player, 335 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 27 Aug 2009
at 03:13
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg had never dealt with cult mentalities before.
Sure,there was the Church of Christ guys in his dorm who tried to recruit the "college Greg", but nothing like THIS.

Not sure how to talk to the girl, Greg says:
Ula, listen to me, please.  We don't want to hurt you.  Your soul is your own to do with what you will.   But  Nymuriel kidnapped our princess and is holding her against her will.  She tried to kill us when we came to talk to her in order to get her back.  We don't want to hurt anyone, sweetie, but we must get our princess back.  She misses her home and needs us. 

Greg wanted to point out that Nymuriel, assuming that she was the leader, had treated Ula as a disposable object, and basically discarded her to be killed, theoretically, by her enemies.
However, the pretty cleric remembered psychology classes about cults.  Members treated their leaders like abused spouses treated their abusers.
They loved them,  no matter what, and always justified the evil that was done them.  Until she was ready to look at the crazy cult leader objectively, any attempt to point out Nymuriel's flaws would only backfire, and  make Ula dig in deeper in her devotion and defense of the twisted woman.

Greg turned to Tizona and John, if she was there, speaking in Elvish again.

My Detect Thoughts spell would be wasted here, I think.
If she's so unvalued by her leader that she'd be thrown away as bait, then she's probably too low in the cult to know anything.   I say we just take her to the nearest church.
They can keep her to deprogram, or turn her over to the town guard themselves.    Sound okay to you guys?

Dan Rycov
 player, 200 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 27 Aug 2009
at 08:16
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
For some reason, Dan didn't really share their predjudice towards this girl. Sure she was a cultist and maybe this scared act was just that, an act. But she hadn't knifed them yet or done anything hostile so he had no reason to hate her. maybe it was just his own sense of morality, maybe it was Kenjinn's love for beautiful women (which he hoped would not cloud his thoughts around his friends) but he just didn't really want to backstab some girl they really just met right now.

Supposedly, Greg started with a plan, but she was speaking that wierd language again. He knew they were elves, but they did know not everyone else was? Regardless, he guess they were planning on leaving her with a church from what she said before. "If you're going to leave her with a church, you should know they'd would 'purify' her right away, and she already said she doesn't want people mucking with her soul" He told them, assuming that's what they were talking about. "Say what you want about the lawful, they always want to destroy the chaotic" Dan felt strange as he grouped people by alignments, but what he said seemed true. He tried to bargain with the cultists multiple times, the others seemed content to fight them.

With that, he rose and walked back over to Ula. "I don't think she needs us too much, and you're obviously a nobody in the cult if you're the scapegoat of the plan. You say you're a faithful? I suppose that'd be pretty one-sided then" He said, turning to the rest and winking. If they could somehow slay some of her trust to the cult, hopefully she wouldn't betray them if she ended up tagging along. Just a backup plan. "If she put you as the scapegoat, I'm guessing she couldn't care less about your safety. We could've just done something soon as your spell wore off, but we didn't. Mucking with souls isn't on our agenda either so stop with your worrying" This could backfire (and probably would with their track record), but it was still worth a try. Plus they might get something out of her this way.
Gregory Stone
 player, 336 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 27 Aug 2009
at 08:44
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg hadn't noticed that Dan was back from the Inn.   She wondered if he spoke Elven.  If  not, she'd explain later.  It was more important to her that the cultist not understand them.

Than Dan started to badmouth the cult leader, if only a little.  Greg tried not to wince, assuming that the tactic would backfire.  Then again, she realized, Dan was a charming SOB, and might have a much better chance to "convert" the girl than any of the "other" girls did.
Greg wasn't sure about "souls", but the girl's mind had certainly been "mucked with".   Any of the civilized religions, no matter how annoyingly proselytizing, would be an improvement over the "beast cult', as far as she was concerned.   Still, she let Kenjinn give it a try.

Greg stayed silent as Dan talked.
The Bard really did have a beautiful speaking voice.  Smooth and melodious, giving the impression that his listener was the most important person in the world.
The cleric started wondering what it would be like to be serenaded by that voice.
It made Barry White sound like Pee Wee Herman.  The elven woman's thoughts drifted slightly to thinking about Kenjinn, outside her window, playing a song on his lute dedicated to her beauty....

Gah!!!  She blinked in self-conscious surprise.   Where the HELL did THAT come from?
Maybe she WAS getting tired after all?

Blushing a little, she returned her attention to the scene before her.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 167 posts
Thu 27 Aug 2009
at 18:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander stood a pace back to let Dan do his thing.  She really had no other idea but Kenjinn was a bit of a charmer.  He did pretty well with the cult leader so she'd let him have a crack at the girl.  It would be so much easier if she wasn't a physical person but just an NPC name with a couple of stats.  Yet she was as real as any of them, and the thought of what they might do to her made Tizona feel a little ill.  Tizona had her own personality quirks but mindlessly spilling blood wasn't one of them.

Heaven help me if this is some maternal instinct, Cassander thought wryly.  That line of thinking would lead to more uncomfortable questions, so she decided to avoid thinking all together.

She continued to watch Dan speak and noticed an odd little smile on Gregs face.  The cleric was looking at Dan with a funny look, almost a dreamy admiration.  Aliana started and blushed and Tizona instantly giggled at the reaction.

Giggled?  Cassander shook her head to clear away more thoughts, thoughts of a decidedly feminine nature, and tried to watch the scene in front of her.
Bard
 GM, 41 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Thu 27 Aug 2009
at 21:01
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Ula looks up at Kenjinn.  "I'm not a...a scapegoat.  Nymuriel loves us all.  He takes care of us and protects us from those that want to hurt us.  And he's going to take us to paradise."  The girl says with a confidence born from daily repetition.  "He's going to take us to paradise where we'll all be Kings and Queens.  I just had to do my part, so I'm not a scapegoat."
Gregory Stone
 player, 338 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 27 Aug 2009
at 22:21
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
He?!?  crap.
Greg's almond shaped eyes narrowed.  So, 'freaky cult lady' WASN'T the leader?  So, either Nymuriel appeared female but told "her" followers that she was male (and it was a tribute to the freakishness of her own situation that Greg's mind went to that possibility first),  OR, 'freaky cult lady' was either Nymurial's minion OR the leader of a different cult, and had kiddnaped Ula to use as a pawn, much to the real Nymuriel's dismay.
Was she a willing accomplace in the deception of looking like the princess? That would explain "doing my part".   Still, her surprise at seeing them seemed to indicate that she wasn't FULLY informed of every possible twist in "the plan".

Is was depressing to consider that Greg and several of her friends started out this "adventure" changing not only their gender, but their RACE, and THEN it got more complicated.

Still, Greg's own preoccupation with changed gender couldn't shake that "Nymuriel" meant "Not-Muriel".   Perhaps her mind was just too tired to think about this rationally.


Speaking very gently, Greg crouched near the sitting woman and looked into her eyes.
Ula, would you tell us about Nymuriel?  Please?  I think I've got them mixed up with someone else, and if they're really your true family, we want to take you back there.  Could you tell us a little about them?
Ula
Sat 29 Aug 2009
at 23:11
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
"You want to know about...about Nymuriel?" the girl asks in a tone that is equal parts suspicious and surprised.  Seeing this as an opportunity to possibly bring others into the fold, she answers.  "Nymuriel is a new order among the chaos of the old gods.  He wants to help all our races to live peacefully but this worlds gods opposed him and cast him down.  Now he seeks to leave this world and bring his faithful with him to a new world where we can fulfill our souls desires."

"I'm sure that he will welcome you, as he welcomes all who come before him.  I...I could...take you to him."
Gregory Stone
 player, 340 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 03:53
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
I might like that, Ula.
Greg told the girl, soothingly, trying to keep the trepidation and condescention out of her voice.
The prospect of meeting a being more powerful than "crazy cult lady" (especially when Greg KNEW that the gods, at least on this world, were real), was a bit chilling, especially if kidnapping (or the appearance of kidnapping) and murder were among Nymuriel's "commandments".
Also, despite the elf girl's own "conversion", she remembered days when she (or, rather, HE) had endured proselytizing from "his" bible-thumping grandparents and other assorted relatives.  Even the newfound faith that Greg has found would NOT result in "going door to door".   That kind of "you MUST join us" mentality was horrifying to her.
Still, perhaps playing along would teach them something.

The woman in that keep?  The one who commanded the beast-men?  Is SHE a follower of Nymuriel too?  What IS your soul's desire, Ula?  That....that actually sounds kind of nice....

What was GREG's soul's desire?  It was a sticky question, at the moment.
Dan Rycov
 player, 203 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 07:10
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
This 'Nymuriel' sounded like a competent cult leader, in that he was bat-crazy insane. The gods may be real here but their zealots seemed as annoying as ever. He figured Greg was going along with this but was still somewhat vigilant. Greg was a bit strange as of late, though he didn't know the person that well in the first place. He didn't like the idea of tricking underlings to get inside a cult, but it seemed a logical option. Okay, maybe not logical but practical. Okay, maybe not practical but worth a shot anyway.

This talk of a 'new world' uneased him. He was still on edge about these people ever making it to their world. If they did, all sorts of crap would happen. Simple cultists probably wouldn't do much to modern millitary forces, but if we found a way here or a kingdom here discovered how the cultists got through... that would be a disaster. The last thing he wanted to make was a interdimensional war between worlds.

He'd still have to play dubious to make this plan work though. Having all the group instantly want to join this cult would be way to suspicious. "A new order? What's wrong with the current one? Also you don't seem very peaceful. Giant werebears aren't axactly what you'd think of when you think pristine peacful paradise" He wanted to learn more about how these people were getting Werebears anyway. From what he knew, they were not common.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 168 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2009
at 21:58
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander listened to the girls little introduction to this Nymuriel person and tried to hide her skepticism from showing.  She couldn't deny that there were powerful forces at work in this World, she was tossing around arcane fireballs for pete's sake, but she was suspicious about this cults reasoning.  A quick glance over at Dan told her that she was not alone in this.  Greg was another story.  Either she was a really convincing actress or she might be...well Cassander didn't want to think about the alternative.

Gregs weird cheerfulness in the tower was troubling her.  Cassander didn't know too much about Greg, or Aliana for that matter, but being a cleric meant that she was a believer in a higher power and probably readily able to believe in the promises of other gods.  Cripes, does that sound odd?  Cassanders own religious leanings were a little more fuzzy, although Tizona had made offerings to Fharlaghn and some of the elven deities.

Still, if this Nymuriel was so powerful, wouldn't they have heard about him?  At least Aliana should recognize the name.  Both Dan and Gregs questions were good ones, and Cassander had some of her own.  "I'm really curious as to why that...lady wanted us to jump into that pit."
Gregory Stone
 player, 341 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 00:34
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg kept her face pleasant and friendly, but inwardly  hoped that Dan's skeptical tone wouldn't be seen as confrontational or adversarial.
Greg had enough experience with overly religious people to know that they tended to become angry and irrationally defensive if you pointed out that their beliefs made no sense.   He still had nightmares about the "Boston Church of Christ" and that one prayer meeting he'd gone to.  It had only taken four "But Why?"s before the "college Greg" had been treated like a mean-spirited, hateful child, then as a curious adult.

I wonder what would happen of those guys could see me NOW? She thought with just a bit of amusement.
Ula
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 18:22
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The questions from all three seem to bombard the girl.  She hesitates before answering.  "I don't know what woman in the keep you mean...unless...unless you are talking about the Voice of Nymuriel.  She is the highest of the faithful."

She looks at Dan and gives him a curious look.  "There is much wrong with this world, you just have to open your eyes to see it.  War, hunger, death and strife where there should be none.  The werefolk are trying to help us and we've welcomed them into our fold, as well as elves, Dwarves and other free folk.  I don't know anything about throwing people into a pit."

"If you want to know more, I can take you to someone who can explain everything to you."

"Hey, Kenji...uhm...buddy!" The man from the Inn staggers up to the assembled group.  He claps a friendly hand on Dans shoulder and gives the Elves an appreciative wink.  Leaning in close to Dan, the smell of alcohol strong on his breath, he speaks softly.  "I was thinking, buddy.  Maybe you need some help with the ladies and I'm sort of inbetween jobs..."

He stops and gives a surprised look at the girl that is being questioned.  "Ula?!
Gregory Stone
 player, 342 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 31 Aug 2009
at 20:57
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg was glad that Ula had been able to debate Dan instead of retreating into defensive dogma "sound-bites", like many "faithful".  It was a good sign.
The cleric suspected that Ula was just a nobody in the "organization", as was obvious by the way she was so casually thrown to Nymuriel's "enemies" as bait.   Greg wasn't surprised to hear that Ula knew  nothing about the strange pit, despite having dangled over it less than an hour eariler.

Greg doubted that Ula would believe anything bad about the werepeople, or the "Voice of Nymuriel" (a job title that screamed "leader of a fake cult").  The elf maiden was trying to remember if the "Voice"'s spells had been wizard or cleric spells.  She seemed to remember them as mage spells, like Cassanders, but everything had been so confusing, especially at the end.

Yes, Ula, I'd like to meet this person who can "explain everything".  Please.   We may have to do it in the morning, but I really want hear more about this.

Then the drunk "townie" had approached.  Greg blushed at the "help with the ladies" comment, feeling even more exposed and vulnerable (and very, very female) than she did back at the keep, but then the man recognized Ula.

Greg watched intently.  Their conversation should be enlightening.
Dan Rycov
 player, 204 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 1 Sep 2009
at 07:00
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan was about to reply when the guy from back in tow came and suprised him. Great... drunky's back. We seem to be meeting the most colourful people. Maybe I'm a little too persuasive at times He thought as he listened to the man propose joining him and 'the ladies', something which didn't exactly even seem wierd to say right now.

He was about to reply when he suddenly recognised the cultist. "Wait, wait, wait... you know her?" He asked, very suprised. He knew strange things can and do happen all the time across every possible reality but they were still suprising when they did occur, and this was certainly a strange coincidence. This just got very interesting, how did a strange drunkard know a cultist, those two groups aren't exactly fun buddies. "Care to elaborate on that? Either of you?" He asked them both with an inquisitive face.
Gregory Stone
 player, 343 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 2 Sep 2009
at 08:15
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg waited patiently for the drunk to leave before she did anything else.  However, the man obviously know Ula before she joined the freaky Beastcult.  So, did that mean that the cult was operating freely here?  No.  If  the cult were well known, then the drunk (unless he were even dumber then he seemed) would have heard that Ula had gone to them.  Also, unless the drunk was really a good actor, he, and by logical extension, the town, didn't seem to know much about the cult either.   Or, at least "Drunky" was a good indication that the town wasn't "in on it'.  Then again, someone, presumably from the cult, had tried to poison Dan when they first got here. So the cult obviously had agents here.

Greg realized with a jolt of recognition that the "poisoning" had happened when Sister Aliana Farwalker had been a "piece of paper" in front of the "him".    The fact that so much had happened, and in such a relatively short time, was a little freaky.
Ula and the Drunk
Thu 3 Sep 2009
at 02:27
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Ula seems to recoil from the drunken fellow as though he carried the vilest of plagues, although from the smell of the alcohol on his breath, recoiling might not be too bad an idea.

"'course I knows her." The drunken man says, throwing a friendly arm around Aliana.  "I thinks that I'd rather know you though, sweet thing."  He gives the elf maiden a more than friendly wink and raises up an arm to flex it, showing off muscles hidden beneath his tunic.  "If you need some more muscle in your group, I'll offers up to join you.  Kenjinn and I used to be quite the team back in..."

"Keep him away from me." Ula says and inches away a little.  "He's going to try and take me back.  I don't want to go back.  I hate them..."
Gregory Stone
 player, 344 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 3 Sep 2009
at 03:15
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg could feel her body tense up as the drunk put a large arm around her.

It was one of the most confusing moments in a long line of them.
On the one hand, it was the first time she'd been held, even briefly, in a man's arms.  It felt.....not good, or right, but...well..... normal.   Like "I'm a woman, and being held in a man's strong arms is what I should want".

On the other hand, the fact that the "strong arm" belonged to a loud, obnoxious, smelly, drunken lout DID manage to temper the feeling CONSIDERABLY.   In fact, Greg's first reaction to the greasy buffoon's touch was to draw her dagger and threaten to "give him a second belly button" if he didn't back off.

Still, they needed information that he barfly seemed to have, so Greg decided to be more diplomatic and "play nice".

How very stereotypically female.  I have to be nice to some scumbag in order to get what I want.     Greg tried not to grimace as she grabbed the man's hand and gracefully spun out of his grasp.

Tell you what, my friend.  Sober up a bit, and we'll discuss it.  Right now, though, I'd like to hear where you two know each other.   

Her obviously fake smile was the best she could do, given the disgusting man's proximity  (this is a VERY bad time for those sharp elven senses).  It would probably let her companions know that she was "faking it" as far as any interest in the drunk, but hopefully the drunk would only be encourged.    Granted, Greg was sure that Tizona already thought she was kind of kooky when she inadvertantly blurted her new-found spiritual epiphany, but that couldn't be helped.

Looking at Ula, she quickly moved to reassure the skittish girl.

Don't worry, Ula, noone is going ANYWHERE.  You're safe with us.  I promise.

The elven maiden looked back at the drunk, fake smile in place.

Now, you were talking about how you two knew each other?

Oh my god!  Greg thought.  Am I actually planning on flirting with a MAN for information?

The idea was very strange to the "probationary" member to the female gender.   She wasn't sure if she even KNEW how to flirt with a man.  Hell, she had never even known how to flirt with WOMEN, for pete's sakes.

A disturbing thought came to her.   Was "Drunky" Ula's .....pimp?   Perhaps she'd escaped a life of (perhaps) forced prostitution to get to the cult.

Just what we need, "Drunk Boy" might just represent something even WORSE than a cult of were-creatures.
Dan Rycov
 player, 205 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 3 Sep 2009
at 06:58
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan seemed peeved at the drunk, something which Dan was in mutual agreement with. The man was claerly not in the right frame of mind and even if he did know... Ula, it was clear that she didn't want to know him. Dan had no memory of ever working with this man, but he might've worked with Kenjinn it was unclear. Damn his drinking!

But apparantly Greg had taken this playing along to heart with everyone, or at least he hoped it was playing along, the cleric seemed to be a bit strange lately. This bothered him for some reason. He knew they needed information and help would be welcome but they could get it some other way without this guy putting the moves on her.

He frowned as they conversed, making a low grunt. The man was too intoxicated and, well, stupid to be of any use right now. Ula on the other hand, while postively insane, was the lesser of two evils, despite her being in an evil cult. Odd how that turns out. He turned to her, "What do you mean, take you back?"
Cassander Miraz
 player, 169 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2009
at 13:53
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander watched the drunken fellow become friendly with Greg, and felt horribly exposed.  Part of it was Cassander realizing that her obviously female body was going to attract mens attentions and then there was how Tizona was dressed.  Cassander had bemoaned his artistic leanings when he drew out Tizona, giving her an outfit that was more eye candy than practical - as was the case for most fantasy art - and was paying the price for it now.

At least the mans attentions were on Greg.  Cassander wasn't sure just how she'd like to be the object of affection and shuddered as she drew her cloak around her, hoping to hide her elven maideness from drunken view.

She continued to listen and watch the surrounding area for any unusual activity.
Ula and Friends
Fri 4 Sep 2009
at 05:02
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
The drunken fellow seemed to take Gregs, or rather Alianas, words as an invitation.  He straightens up, it seems to be that he sways less, and puts on what he probably thinks is a very professional grin.   "Oh sure, sure.  I'll be right as the meadow grass in a...a...sunset.  Then we can discuss you and me...you hiring me, I mean.  I'm real good with a blade.  Kenjinn can tell you.  There was this one time that..."

"There's nothing to discuss!" Ula said very forcefully.  She slowly rose to her feet, bracing herself against a tree as she did.  "I'm not going back.  You WON'T take me back again."

The smile fades from the drunks face as he turns to face the girl.  "Don't you be sassin' me none, girl.  You know damn well that yer folks've been worried sick about you.  I'm guessin' that I'll have to take you back.  Makes this what?  The third time."

"I'm not going back to that farm!  I hate it there!  It's all dirty and sweaty and...and poor.  The Voice says that I have a great destiny, one that doesn't involve living my life in the dirt."  Ula's eyes narrow as she faces down the drunken fellow.  She seems to find some inner strength to stand firm before his gaze.  "If you try and take me back again, I'll...I'll...I'll claw your eyes out."
Gregory Stone
 player, 345 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 4 Sep 2009
at 05:37
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg was horrified.  THIS was getting them nowhere.  A girl running away from her parents?  Was that all there was to it?  Granted, as the.....child.....of a farmer, Greg could well understand wanting to leave.   Hell, Greg had certainly rushed off the college with incredible enthusiasm, and that was only a small beef farm in Western Massachusetts, not a peasent hovel on a dung encrusted dirt-farm.
Cults like that were always preying on the poor and ignorant.  Such folk were their "bread and butter" as well as their foot soldiers.

Both of you, stop!  Please!  NO ONE is going ANYWHERE! 

At least not until we know what the HELL is going on.

The elf maiden got between them, obstructing their views, somewhat, of each other.

She looked back at Ula.

Ula, your parents are farmers here, then?



And, on a lighter note:  POST 1000!!!!!!!!    YAY!!!!!!  and there was much rejoicing.
Dan Rycov
 player, 206 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 4 Sep 2009
at 08:52
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan put his hand on his face, dragging it down with visible dissatisfaction. He was really confused now. The cult seemed to consist of giant beastmen, magical sorceresses and, now, runaway farmgirls. Needless to say his enthusiasm for continuing this ruse was noticibly fading, still he kept it up. Finding out who Ula was wouldn't help them much, but getting the girl out of the cult was a legitimately good act.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 170 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2009
at 19:36
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Great.  Some sort of family squabble. Cassander would have frowned but she was actually finding herself rather interested in the goings on.  She wasn't surprised that Ula was some runaway farm girl.  It would be kind of ridiculous to assume that everyone in that cult was some sort of evil-beatman-magic user.  Well, maybe it would be unlikely.  It was hard to tell with fantasy games sometimes.  The logical and economic reasons behind things often didn't make sense.

Except that this wasn't some fantasy game.  Not while the sensations that she was getting from her very female elven body were so dissimilar from Cassanders old male one.

She put a hand on the drunken fellows shoulder, something that she probably wouldn't have done if she had thought twice about the action, but it would help to take the mans attention from Ula.  "Let's all just calm down now.  You mentioned that you had to take Ula back to her parents a few times before, Mr...I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." Cassander asked with a smile.
Ula and Friend
Fri 4 Sep 2009
at 20:47
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Ula looked up at Greg.  She hesitated and one could get the feeling that she didn't want to talk about her parents or their farm.  "No.  They live about a two days ride from here." she said reluctantly.

The drunk meanwhile had turned his attention to Cassander.  He gave the elf a looking over.  Perhaps it was the Sorceress' manner of dress or her hand on his shoulder, but he smiled wider.  "M'name's Curin, beautiful." he said, trying to sound charming.  His eyes wandered over Cassander once more.  "Yeah, I've had to take Ula back to her folks a coupla times before.  She's my cousins daughter so it's like a family thing, you know.  I'm big on family, I'd like one of my own sometime."

He glanced over at Kenjinn, giving him that sort of look that said 'Which one do you want?'
Gregory Stone
 player, 347 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 4 Sep 2009
at 21:33
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Inwardly, Greg groaned.  Standing between a fanatic and their cult was always a dangerous thing.  As...well, the OTHER Greg, she'd debated religion with people before, just because she had been so annoyed by the smug sense of superiority in some of them.
All it accomplished was hard feelings towards Greg.  The "follower" simply couldn't grasp a world where, perhaps, the religious ideals they've clung to might be incorrect, even in the details.  It was if they felt that they'd have to admit that EVERYTHING was wrong, or that they, themselves, were bad people.   So, they clung to their faith, in the face of any argument that Greg could muster, eventually falling back on "Well, that's just what I believe.  It's God, is doesn't have to make sense."
Greg did NOT want to have that conversation with Ula.   Arguing with a fanatic, especially one who had convinced herself that her choices were "the cult of paradise" or "the smelly farm I hate" was NOT going to be productive.

Greg also suspected that telling her about Fharlanghn wouldn't help either.  The elf doubted that she'd be a good "converter" even if she wanted to be.   Still, if they could get her away from this cult for a while......
She remembered reading about one of the women who followed Charles Manson, she forgot the woman's name.  She'd been convinced by Manson of all KINDS of crazy crap.   It wasn't until she was in prison for a few months that she finally began thinking about what she'd done and realizing the craziness of the bizarre things that she'd once believed with all her heart.

Look, Ula.  We've ALL been though a lot today.   Why don't you stay with us tonight?  We'll get you something to eat and we'll all get some sleep.   We'll sit down and talk about things, okay.  How does that sound?

Greg was trying to remember how "women" talked to each other.   Most of Greg's female friends had been eccentric gamers, so their example might not be that helpful.  She tried to imitate her own mother (not that thinking about Mom was helping GREG out at the moment, of course) and tried to take on a "matronly" air with Ula.  The woman obviously needed a "parental figure" that wasn't associated with a dirty farm.  Perhaps, as strange as the idea seemed, Greg could try to step up to that role, at least for a little bit.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:15, Sat 05 Sept 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 171 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2009
at 18:58
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Beautiful?  You've got to be kidding me.  And what was with that comment about family?  Cassander raised a shapely eyebrow at the mans...Curins compliment.  Maybe he should have let the man keep his attentions on Aliana.  She was beginning to dislike this fellow.

"Yes.  Why don't we go and turn in for the night." Cassander said.  She needed to recover her 'spells' and they needed to figure out what to do with this Ula.  Curin they could brush off prety easily.  "Why don't you go home, Curin, and sober up."
Gregory Stone
 player, 349 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 6 Sep 2009
at 11:28
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
As calmly as she could, keeping her tone light and pleasant, Greg looked over at Dan.

Kenjinn, if those rooms are ready, perhaps we should partake of them.  Sound good everyone?

Much like a wild animal, willful child, or stubborn drunk, Greg assumed that the best way to get Ula to do anything was gentle coaxing.  As long as she felt safe, she'd probably follow.
Dan Rycov
 player, 208 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 6 Sep 2009
at 12:50
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan met Curin's suggestive face with his own glare that spelled out 'just... stop'. He looked over at Greg after the cleric asked if they should head off to the inn now. From Ula's complaints and pouts, it's unlikely if she'll go that easily but it's also unlikely she'll just sit out here in the wild while everyone else goes to sleep on nice beds. Human nature'll take care of that little tidbit for them.

He sighs and replies to her, "Might as well, unless we wanted to spend the night asking a strange girl questions" Dan scratched his hat and yawned, turning off towards the direction of the town. He walked a few steps before looking back over his shoulder to the others.
Ula And Curin
Mon 7 Sep 2009
at 01:35
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Ula seemed hesitant to accept Aliana's offer but she didn't have any other brilliant plan to fall back on.  It might also have been the motherly way that Aliana spoke and the threat of being dragged back to the farm by curin.  Whatever the case, Ula inched closer to Aliana and started to follow her.

Curin in the meantime had seemed a little taken aback by Kenjinns look.  He gave the large hat wearing man a 'What?' look, complete with a defensive shrug of his shoulders.  In the end he followed the others to the Inn, glancing occasionally over at both Aliana and Tizona.  He would follow them into the Inn but leave shortly afterwards, promising that he'd meet them in the morning.  Whether they wanted him to or not.

Sarah is no where to be found.
Gregory Stone
 player, 350 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 7 Sep 2009
at 12:19
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Giving Ula a motherly smile, Greg coaxes the girl to follow them.
Once at the inn, she's try to get food for all of them, perhaps even paying extra to have it brought to them.  She'll try to keep Ula calm.
Assuming that Kenjinn got two rooms, she put herself, Cassander and Ula in one room.
As Ula is eating her fill (Greg figures that a full cultist is a more compliant cultist and might be too bloated to try to run off in the night), Greg will take Cassander aside, speaking to her quietly.
I'll take first watch.  My magic ring lets me get away with only 2 hours of sleep a night.  Granted, I haven't tested it, but it should work, like everything else in this crazy place.    We still have freaky cultists out there, not to mention that 'guarding' Ula is probably not a bad idea, if only to keep her from giving up our location if she's recaptured.

She will make sure Ula is comfortable, even telling her a bedtime story (though she'll disguise it as "sharing stories from my homeland" since the girl might feel insulted by being treated like a child).
Cassander Miraz
 player, 172 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2009
at 20:20
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Kenjinn had rented four rooms but Cassander didn't like the idea of leaving Greg and Ula alone in the same room.  It's not as though the two elves hadn't shared a room on this quest already.

"That sounds good." she replied to Greg and then shook her head jovially.  "I probably should have bought a ring like that for Tizona.  Oh well, eight hours here I come."  She started to undress, her fingers undoing a single clasp on her top when she turned back to Greg.

"Look, watch yourself okay." she says quietly.  "I know that it's been a really weird day and all but...well...I guess what I'm trying to say is don't let your guard down too much."
Gregory Stone
 player, 352 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 7 Sep 2009
at 21:54
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg laughed good-naturedly at Cassander's advice, though when it came out as a cross between a "daintly tittle" and a "girlish laugh", she stopped, blushing and rolling her eyes self-conscioiusly.  She kept grinning at her friend, though, assuming that she, at least, would sympathize.
In a cheerful, but deadpan voice, she quietly said:
Gee, don't let my guard down around a "captured" cultist that has a vicious pack of cult monsters looking for her?  Good advice, my friend.

Her smile showed that she was just amused, not that she were making fun of her fellow elf maid.

Greg turned her back to give Cassander some privacy, she looked at the rest of the room.  There was a place to bathe, which Greg would sorely like to do, but decided against it, not sure if she wanted to deal with WHAT she'd have to bathe.
Was EVERY mundane task going to turn into an adventure in awkward discomfort?

She sat in a chair to "stand" guard over the sleeping women.  At a few hours before dawn, she'd wake Tizona and change watches.  Dawn was when clerics of Fharlanghn regained spells.  THAT would be in interesting experiment.

She'd been trained to sleep in her chain shirt, so she would, until she knew they were safe.  Until then, she keep her bow and sword handy.
Dan Rycov
 player, 210 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 06:35
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Dan pushed open the door to his room, taking in the sights with a sigh. Today had been tough, seemingly fridge logic with the whole 'turning into D&D' characters thing. It still seemed unbelievable now, even as he saw his own swords and newfound abilities. And the giant hat, which seemed like it should've collapsed in on itself by now. "Perhaps it was too big" He thought aloud as he put it down, along with his weapons on the bed.

He lay back on the bed, more confortable than the tower they had come into this world to. Something still sat out in his mind about the whole affair. While coincidences were commonplace for plot conveniance, it did seem a bit too conveniant that they warped into the world, right above a cultist den. It was just way too close. What Ula said about her master wanting to change worlds was now even creepier, if the cultists could've had a hand in bringing them here. Or maybe Chris had a hand in it?

Bishop was a bit of a mystery to him, only knowing the guy for a short while. They seemed to have warped in without him, so maybe he had a more sinister purpose for this? The cultist leader was Nuriel, a man. The thought of Nuriel and Chris having some relation crossed his mind, and didn't seem so far-fetched. The guy was not here, that was enough grounds for suspicion. He shook off these thoughts for the moment. Maybe things would be clearer in the morning, if they don't get killed during the night. Sure hope the others will be okay... He thought before drifing off to sleep.
Gregory Stone
 player, 353 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 8 Sep 2009
at 11:38
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Greg will also periodically patrol the hallway of the inn, if only to keep alert and awake.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 173 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2009
at 01:49
Re: Scenario (The Climax?)
Cassander turned in for the night.  There was a rather awkward bath and a few other awkward moments while getting ready for bed, accompanied with a glance or two at Greg that said 'This is...different, eh?'.

Lying in bed, as sleep slowly claimed her, Cassander wondered if elves dreamed.
The Passing Night and Breaking Dawn
Fri 11 Sep 2009
at 01:00
Scenario - Day Two
The group had been through a very busy day and their bodies welcomed the chance to sleep.  Sarah rejoined everyone back in the Inn and soon everyone was fast asleep.




------

The next day announced itself with the crowing of roosters and the smell of cooking from the Inn's kitchen.  Ula was still curled up in a corner of the room, not quite awake and muttering to herself.  Lucille, the young Halfling, knocks softly on each door asking about breakfast.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:59, Fri 11 Sept 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 211 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 11 Sep 2009
at 06:58
Re: Scenario - Day Two
The sound of knocking awoke Kenjinn from his troubled dreams, he shot up reaching for the roof, saying "GAH! GET AWAY!" in a frightened tone. As his breaths regained volume and lost frequency, he realised it was just and dream. Well, the bad part anyway, he was still Kenjinn and he was still in a D&D world. He scrunched up his hand and run it through his hair as he sat in the bed, mulling over his dream.

That... He thought with fear. That was strange. Is it just because of this body? Or is there something more to this? He stood up and stretched some ways before searching for his clothes. It almost sounded like... no, Dan, No. It was just a dream. Forget it and move on with your already wierded out life He calmed as he donned his wardrobe and walked outside his room.

The morning sun was a welcome sight to the dark and rain of yesterday, he felt slightly calmed by it. He whistled a tune as he walked downstairs to see the empty inn, only a few morning patrons around. He walked up to the counter and said "Ogh, rough night. Can I get something for breakfast?" Stretching his back.
Gregory Stone
 player, 355 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 11 Sep 2009
at 07:27
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Greg sat up in her bed.
Wow.  Still alive.  Cool.

She looked about (presumably saying hello to Cassander, who had "second watch" and Ula, who hopefully wasn't magically rescued by her cult) and then down.    Two lumps on the chest of her chain shirt armor, that she knew were female breasts greeted her eyes.
Wow.  Still a chick.  Um...not cool?
She was becoming somewhat disturbed by how undisturbed she'd become at the sight of her female body.  She'd even looked at herself in the mirror the night before.  Greg was kind of a babe.   She wasn't nearly in Cassander's league, but she was extremely pretty.  Greg wasn't sure if she were proud or mortified.   Or both.

Aliana had the "Endurance"  Feat, which meant that she could sleep in light armor, so Greg had, despite having no idea how it worked.   Muscle memory had prevailed, however, and she'd drifted off into an interesting, but restful, sleep.
The dreams were the "interesting" part.

Greg had dreamed about her parents, and the small town in which she'd grown up and been educated.  And her childhood friends and schoolmates.

The problem was, they were Sister Aliana's family, home, and friends.

Greg had seen her mother, a priestess serving the Patron God of the Elven Pantheon, Corellon Larethian, and had shown disapproval when her only daughter chose to follow a god revered mostly by tightly wound humans.    Greg's father had shown unflinching, unconditional acceptance, showing once again that he was wrapped around his "little girl's" finger and that he'd do anything for "his little princess".  Yeah, THAT hadn't been creepy at ALL.
Other scenes followed.   School and childhood adventures and antics, involving elves.  More detail than Greg had EVER put into ANY of his characters, EVER.

And it had all felt.....natural.   After seeing years worth of memories for someone else's life, Greg felt terribly homesick.  But not for the U.S.A or Massachusetts.  For his elven village.

She shuddered.   She could still picture her "human" parents, but was having trouble remembering her high school friends.

Getting up, she went to answer the door, hand on her dagger.  She relaxed visibly when a server answered.
Greg asked for breakfast to be delivered for them all.  And for a bath.
Might as well get it over with.

She reached for the collar to disrobe (dearmor?) and felt the cord of her holy symbol to Fharlanghn.

The elven maiden froze as she remembered the OTHER dream.

Cassander, I....think I need to find a church or shrine of Fharlanghn.  I....think he called to me in a dream.

She looked at her friend, knowing  how crazy that sounded.  Granted, "crazy" was a barometer that they'd had to readjust every few minutes, it seemed, but still.......it sounded crazy.

Her large, beautiful, almond-shaped elven eyes grew troubled, anxious and excited all at once.

And.....I need to pray.

Once Ula was taken care of, and perhaps food had arrived (though Greg wouldn't eat anything until after she prayed, not that she NEEDED to, with her magic ring), the nervous priestess would kneel facing the dawn (and a road) and pray to Fharlanghn, God of Roads, Lord of the Horizon, Patron of Travelers.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:37, Fri 11 Sept 2009.

Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 95 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2009
at 11:01
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Sarah jolts awake, startled, both by the knock on the door, and her dream. After a moment of 'guh... wha?', she blinks a few times, looking around.

"Shit... Well, at least this isnt like Everworld..."

She goes to the door, and orders breakfast, especially anything with meat in it. She then gets dressed, making sure to wear a long cloak and hood, and heads down to join the group.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 174 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2009
at 15:43
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Cassander awoke suddenly.  Her breathing was ragged and her eyes were wide.  It took a few minutes for her to focus on anything in the room and calm down.  She pulled off the blanked that she was sleeping under, swung her feet over the side of the bed as if to get up and dropped her head into her hands.

What the hell was that?  Was that...no it couldn't be.  Could it?

After several deep breaths, Cassander felt ready to face the morning.  Rather, she was ready to face the oddness that had started yesterday and was most likely continuing today.  She took a moment to run her delicate elven hands over her attractive elven body, a very female body.  It started out as a curious sensation but it slowly became something more and Cassander could feel a blush rising in her cheeks.  I'm still an elf girl, emphasis on girl.  Feels wierd, but kinda...good.

The sorceress rose out of the bed, finding her feet easily.  There was a grace in her movements that Cassander liked.  It was hard to explain but it just felt nice.  She changed out of the nightgown and into her normal adventuring dress.  Odd that she felt more exposed in her normal clothes than in the night ones, but then the night clothes didn't really expose or accentuate her body like her normal gear did.

"I'm so going to have to go shopping for some realistic clothing." she mused, catching sight of her reflection in a mirror.  "I just had to draw you like this, didn't I Tizona." she said wryly, and started to pose in the mirror.

Cassander was distracted with making faces into the mirror and she started when Greg began to speak to her.  "Oh sure, Greg.  I guess we can go and look for a church or something after breakfast." she said.  Cassander still remembered the strange looks and words from Greg the night before.  She was a little concerned about her friend, even though Tizona had grown accustomed to Aliana's strange ways.  Am I concerned about Greg because Tizona was looking out for Aliana?

"I'll meet you downstairs, Aliana." Cassander walked out of the room and made her way down to the Inn's main room.
Gregory Stone
 player, 356 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 12 Sep 2009
at 05:49
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Nodding to her friend, Greg settled down to face the sunrise.   Closing her large elven eyes, she prayed.

Or at least, she tried.

Nothing seemed to come to mind when she thought about what to say.  The rapturous exaltation she'd felt the day before had gotten fuzzy and unfocused during the night.   She'd been SURE that she'd felt the presence of the "Dweller on the Horizon" in her very soul yesterday, when their lives were in jeopardy.

Now, she wasn't so sure.

She had, back in her world, always laughed when people told of "feeling God's presence" or "seeing the majesty of God".    The old Greg has thought "Yes, yes, you had a traumatic experience and it made your mind do some freaky things, or else you have schizophrenia.  Get over it.  Next question?"
Greg had always been, however, just a little bit jealous, though never wanting to admit it.  Greg had always wanted to FEEL something beyond "this world".   The presence of God, seeing an angel, being visited by a ghost, finding Bigfoot prints, or even being abducted by aliens.
Something.

Be CAREFUL what you friggin' wish for, smartass!!!
As the old commercial went:  "Don't look now, you're soaking in it!"
No, the newly "ka-girled" man thought.  There HAD been something.

Are you there, Fharlanghn?  It's me, Margaret.

Greg covered her mouth as she gave a short snort of laughter.
Um...I'm sorry, sir.  That was...kinda blastphemous, wasn't it? 
Why am I talking out loud?  He's a GOD, for....."HIS" sake.  He should be able to hear me. Still.....

Greg remembered stories of simple country priests during the Middle ages that gave their personal evening prayers to God in a very conversational tone.  Literally "telling God about their day".
She wasn't quite THAT secure in her new-found faith.   She began to pray silently.

Fharlanghn.  God of Travelers.  And HOLY CRAP have I TRAVELED.   um....sorry.   anyway....at the risk of telling a God what He already knows........

My name is Sister Aliana Farwalker, but, as far as I can tell, it was Gregory Alvin Stone about a day ago.  This is all REALLY weird for me, so please forgive me my "trespasses" or whatever, if I seem somewhat.....off....in how I do this.

Ok, It's like this see......

I FELT your presense yesterday, and possibly in my dreams last night.   As a cleric, I need to "pray" for my "miracles" so can cast them again today.   I have no idea how to do this, so I was hoping that you could help me.
I....want to still be your cleric.   I've always liked the idea of a "god of travel".  I've always thought that exploration and discovery was one of the greatest things a person could do.   I've.....just never had the guts to do it until now.


Greg almost said "didn't have the balls to do it", but..... that just seemed too odd.

I'm not going to ask for you to whisk us all back to our own world, because I assume that's not the way things are done here.  Instead, I'm asking......begging....for you to grant me the divine magic that is available in this place to help me help my "fellow travelers" and possibly get us all home, or at least help keep us safe here.   I..... think I'd like to stay as your cleric, or disciple, or whatever, even back in our world, but.....well, we can "talk" about that another time, if you'd like.

Greg waited.   For what, she didn't know.
Breakfast for all
Sat 12 Sep 2009
at 20:18
Re: Scenario - Day Two
The Innkeeper greets the group with a hearty 'Good Mornin' and gestures towards a table.  Other tables in the main room are filled with a variety of clientele.  Lucille and human woman move around the tables, delivering plates of food and refilling mugs.

Taking the breakfast order, Lucille gives a quick nod and takes off to the kitchen.  It doesn't take a great deal of effort to notice the curious looks that she is giving Sarah.

Curin enters a short time later.  He starts to take a seat at a table but, spying Kenjinn, Seline and Tizona sitting at another table, he decides to join them instead.

"Morning, ladies, Kenjinn." He says cheerfully.  The night seems to have done him some good as he looks, and smells, better.  "I wanted to apologize for my...actions last night.  I can be a bit of a horses ass when I drink.  If I've offended you all, please accept my apologies.  Do you mind if I join..."

Curin trails off as he sees Ula walk into the main room.  The conversation in the main room grinds to a halt as many of the patrons turn to look at the bald girl in robes.  The looks that she receives are less than welcoming.

An older woman breaks the silence. "What's she doing here?"

Another patron spits on the floor derisively.

"Now, now, let's no be spoiling breakfast with bad attitoode." The Innkeeper hurries to Ula and guides her to the characters table.  "Doona mind them.  Yoor company and yoor gold is most welcome here.  Lucille!  Anudder plate for our guests here."

Ula sits down at the table rather reluctantly, as though she had no other choice.  Breakfast or staying in that room.  Seeing Curin, she frowns at him.

------

Greg finishes her 'prayer' and feels...nothing.  If there was supposed to be some wonderous feeling passing through her, it's missing.  She doesn't feel any different than yesterday though.
Dan Rycov
 player, 212 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 12 Sep 2009
at 22:19
Re: Scenario - Day Two
There's a bit of a silence as Ula sits down. Kenjinn break this silence with a light whistle to the tone of, awkward. Regar