(Dungeons & Dragons) Group 1.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Curin
 NPC, 8 posts
 Swordsman
Wed 7 Oct 2009
at 03:11
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Curin looked at Aliana and felt brushed off, like he was no longer able to play.  The sad smile that Aliana gave him spoke volumes, it was the bane of every man who was trying to impress a woman.  She was thick headed one, this elf, determined to get to the Inn to get her friends, assuming that they were even in there still.

"I'm not going to leave you." The warrior said, putting a hand on Aliana's shoulder.  "I'm not the kind of man who gives up easily.  I just don't want you to do anything rash and get yourself hurt.  Why would they be looking for you?"
Dan Rycov
 player, 229 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 7 Oct 2009
at 04:17
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"Oh it's nothing, I just get a bit antsy around increasing amounts of armed soldiers" He said. It was impossible to tell whether he was being honest or just making it up. He still viewed their religion as a cult. Sized mattered not, as long as their beliefs were still sketchy. "Why do you have an armed consort with you, if you don't mind my asking?" He inquired, still appearing neutral.
Gregory Stone
 player, 399 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 7 Oct 2009
at 04:46
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Keeping to the shadows, Greg looked at Curin.  She couldn't speak for a moment as he put his hand on her shoulders.  Even through her chain shirt, the hand felt strong and reassuring.

Damn it!  Stop that!  What is it about being a girl that makes me want to get hugged all the time, especially by a strong man?

But, no, Greg realized, it wasn't something inherrently female that was making her need physical reassurance.
It was GREG, who wanted it.
He OR She, Greg was a Liberal Arts Major, working in a Comic Book store, who was now fighting for her lift and the lives of her friends against insane cultists who were poised to take over GREG'S world!
Greg was more terrified that she'd ever been, and was desparate for support, reassurance, and any comfort she could get.  Greg would have needed that comfort as a man, but it was just more acceptable to her to seek it as a woman.

Wait!  Am I a......male chauvinist PIG!?!   

It was a VERY awkward epiphany.   Greg had ALWAYS been for women's rights and had never treated any woman as less then a complete equal, and yet...... the cleric found that it was perfectly natural for a "women" to want to hug and be comforted, but not a man.

Holy Crap, am I screwed up.   

Well, perhaps not THAT badly, she reasoned.  That line of thinking, especially in the farm country that Greg had hailed from, was the normal school of thought.  "Girls cry, Boys walk it off".
Perhaps Greg was just taking advantage of the fact that, for once, she wouldn't be looked down upon (at least not TOO badly) for not "walking it off".
She shook her head.  There was plenty of time for "self-therapy" if they survived until tomorrow.  Now was the time for action.   Greg looked at Curin.

Ok, Curin, I'll tell you, if you really want to know.  I'm not sure if I can trust you, but I'll have faith in you.  Perhaps the Dweller on the Horizon sent you to us, after all.

She smiled her dazzling elven smile, then took a deep "it's a long story" breath.   It made her generous bosom strain at her armor, but she was oblivious to it.

It's like this, see......We sort of "stumbled" onto the local Nymuriel cult headquarters, beneath an abandoned tower on the edge of town.
Our princess was kidnapped and the Nymuriel people may have her.
They DO have another very good friend of ours, Fharlanghn told me as much.
We were investigating what we thought were ruins when the cultists attacked us, unprovoked, and their leader, some sorceress, showed us our Princess as her prisoner.  We rescued the princess, but later it was revealed that she was Ula, disguised by illusion to LOOK like our princess.   But, not that we've crossed them, they'll be after us, despite our failure.   


There was MUCH more to the story, especially regarding Nymuriel's interest in them, but that part would only confuse Curin.   Hell, the part Greg HAD told was convoluted enough.
Bard
 GM, 66 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 02:37
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Young Charles was on a mission.  The pretty Elf lady in the armor had given him a copper coin to deliver a message to another elf lady in the Inn, with the promise of a silver coin if he brought her back a reply or the other elf lady.  A whole silver coin.  Money was tight in these troubled times and an extra silver coin would not be amiss in his household.  His mother might even buy some of those sweet candies for him.  They only cost a couple of coppers for a whole handful.

-----

Aren looked lazily around the main room of the Inn.  "Ah, yes.  I suppose that you couldn't help but notice them, they do stand out." the cleric said with a light laugh in his voice.  "These are troubled times, my friend and a man in my position has to be careful.  It would be rather foolish to walk around without some sort of protection.  These men, however, are here for your protection.  They are here to make sure that you don't do anything...rash."

A young boy tried to walk in but was blocked by the soldiers at the door.  At the sound of the commotion, Aren turned around.  He gestured for the boy to be brought to him.

"Good morning, young sir.  Shouldn't you be at home having breakfast?" Aren asked, a mailed hand on the boys shoulder.  The Clerics smile was as friendly as a sharks.

The boy, Charles, looked sheepish, and clutched a small scrap of paper to his chest.  "I'm s'posed to give a message to the pretty elf lady." he said, his eyes going to Cassander.

Aren followed the boys gaze to Cassander.  There was a brief flash of steel in his eyes, one that was quickly replaced by that friendly smile again.  He turned to Charles.  "How about if you give me the note and I pass it on to the pretty lady?  Hmm?"

Charles shook his head slowly.  He was told to deliver the message to the elf lady and that was what he was going to do.  His hands closed tightly around the paper and he put his hands behind his back, as though he wasn't holding anything.

Aren looked up at one of the soldiers and, with a nod, the soldier grabbed the boy.  Charles was lifted into the air, kicking and yelling to be let go but the soldier easily handled the boy.  Aren snatched the paper from the boys hands and read the message.

"I'm afraid that your boyfriend will have to wait." he said to Cassander.  "We have more pressing matters to discuss than a lovers rendezvous."
Curin
 NPC, 9 posts
 Swordsman
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 02:47
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Curin listened as Aliana told her tale, although he had been distracted by the clerics smile and heaving chest.  He wanted to protest the 'trust' comment.  What did the woman expect him to do, leap over the moon?  Aliana started talking of Nymuriel and missing princesses and somehow Ula was tied into it all.  The whole story sounded pretty far-fetched but he hid his desire to roll his eyes.  Stumbled upon?  Not likely.  And if Kenjinn was involved in this somehow then he knew that there was something else going on.

"I did hear something about a missing Elven Princess but you always hear rumours like that." he said.  Curin squeezed Aliana's shoulder reassuringly.  "I'm no fan of Nymurials followers and if you guys are being chased by them, then I'll do what I can to help." He sighed and stole a look back down the street.  "You're not going to get passed those guys though, maybe not even through the back door...but...there might be a way.  How good of a climber are you?"
Dan Rycov
 player, 230 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 03:11
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Dan frowned as he saw the soldiers handling the boy. It seemed someone was trying to get a message to them, but these soldiers were not making it easy. It was probably Aliana, and it seemed they were in even more trouble. He leaned away from the table. "And what pressing matters would that be? If you don't mind my asking..." he asked, folding his arms and leaning back, thanking that he remembered to put that sword at his waist this morning.
Gregory Stone
 player, 400 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 03:47
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Greg could be a bit oblivious to other people sometimes, but even she couldn't miss Curin bristling a bit at the word trust.

I'm sorry, Curin.  I don't mean anything....personal about my trust issues.  I have no problem trusting my life to you.  I'm just more cautious about trusting others' lives without their permission.  That's all.   Especially since we've just met.

She tried to be the same sort of "please believe me because I'm hot" logic that she'd seen women use many times to cut down on the time spent arguing a point that they were just going to win anyway.    She looked up at him, knowing that it made her large, blue elven eyes look even bigger.

She nodded to his last question.
Even in my armor, I'm a good climber, Curin.   It's one of the reasons I wear a chain shirt instead of something heavier.   Where did you want to go? 

It was a little mind boggling to think that Aliana had been "climing trees back home" for over 100 years.  Granted, Greg had been raised in the country, and had climbed a tree or two as well, so hopefully the skills would overlap a bit.

She didn't try to remove Curin's hand.  If he liked it there, she'd not argue.  It was an easy way to make up for him feeling bad about not trusting him.

Also, she kept an eye out for the urchin, little Charles.
OOC: Aliana would have asked his name, though she wouldn't have volunteered her own, just in case.
If she could, she would still try to meet him to give him a silver, even if he failed.   She was hoping that, even if the message was intercepted, the bad guys either couldn't read English, or wouldn't fully understand the message if they could.   Even if  Cassander never got it, Greg hoped that it would be an obvious clue to "the other elf maid" that Greg was, at least, ready to leave and was outside.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 180 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 14:38
Re: Scenario - Day Two
The note was a surprise.  Cassander didn't know anyone who would want to send her a note, but maybe Tizona did.  No that didn't make sense.  Tizona hadn't been in this town before today.  It must have been from Greg, seeing as how she was the only one of them not in the Inn right now.

The Clerics treatment of the boy was far from friendly, and Cassander started to think about what spell she could unleash to blast these guys right out of the building, except that there were innocents in the room and she didn't want to harm them.  Greg must know something that they didn't, assuming that it was Greg who sent the message.

"Why don't you let the boy go, Sir?" she said to Aren, giving him a sweet smile.  "He can't possibly be a threat to you."
Aren
 NPC, 3 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 21:02
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"I don't mind you asking at all." Aren said, flashing his toothy smile at Kenjinn.  "The matter at hand is your destiny."

Aren leaned back and motioned for the Innkeeper to bring him some food.  Bowing and scrapping, the Innkeeper beckoned Lucille into the back.  She returned with a plate of some fanciful breakfast dish which she placed before the Cleric.  Aren thanked her and took a few bites of the platter.

"You see, outside this Inn right now is the man that I serve, Cleric General Ymar.  Do you know of him?"  Aren said.  He seemed to be more interested in his breakfast but his eyes were flashing between Seline, Kenjinn and Tizona.  "He has it in his mind that you would not come with us willingly, that you was do something foolish like try to run away.  So he's brought a large number of men into the town, surrounded it really.  I told him to give me a chance to speak with you before he came charging in like a bull."

"I told him that you would make the right decision once I explained the situation to you."
Curin
 NPC, 10 posts
 Swordsman
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 21:13
Re: Scenario - Day Two


It might have been her words, or the way that she didn't pull away from him or even the large doey elven eyes, but Curin found himself believing Alianas explanation.  He looked at her for a long moment and then looked up at the roof of the building that they were beside.

"I've had to do it before.  The tops of the buildings aren't all that strong but you can move along them if you're careful."  He looked back at Aliana.  "We could make our way to the Inn on the rooftops.  No one thinks to guard the roof tops, and not these guys."

"It's not that easy to scale but it could be done."  Curin patted the rough stone wall that they were standing beside.  The majority of the buildings in the town were 2 to 3 stories, many with stone outer walls and thatched roofing, although some did have wooden shingles.
Dan Rycov
 player, 231 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 9 Oct 2009
at 03:08
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"Seems like you don't want us to escape" Kenjinn commented, still remaining cool and collected, though his brow decending. Just as I thought, Aliana and Curin have probably noticed the situation by now. That explains the letter His eyes covertly darted around the place for any exits, but they had the place locked down pretty well. It'd either take a escape artist or fight to get out of here. But while they waited for the opportune moment, Kenjinn decided to humor The Knight of the Wacked Table.

"In my experience destiny's never this blunt but go ahead. Should be good for a laugh. What sort of grandesque plan d'ya have in store for our little band?" He asked, still seemingly uninterested and complacient.
Gregory Stone
 player, 401 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 9 Oct 2009
at 11:31
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Greg looked up at the buildings.   She had elven grace and balance, as well as the strength of a trained warrior.   Still, there might be another way to get an edge.....

Staying in the shadows, she began praying, to call on Fharlanghn's divine favor.

O Great Wanderer, please grant Your humble servant Your permission to leave the confines of the earthly path.

She held her holy symbol tightly, hoping that she could call upon her clerical magic to fly.  Such a spell would be invaluable now.
Curin
 NPC, 11 posts
 Swordsman
Sat 10 Oct 2009
at 16:00
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Curin seemed to blink in surprise as Aliana started to rise up from the dirt road, the favour of Fharlanghn filling his cleric.  No matter how many times he had seen magic at work, Arcane or Divine, seeing a person start to float above the world was still amazing.

"Wow." he said softly.  Suddenly Curin felt like he was being left behind.  He turned to the rough stone wall and began to climb to the roof.  "Don't get too carried away, beautiful.  We're trying to be sneaky."
Aren
 NPC, 4 posts
 High Cleric of Nymuriel
Sat 10 Oct 2009
at 16:32
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"That's where you are wrong, my friend." Aren said, his smile never wavering.  "Destiny is a simple thing once you recognize it.  We of Nymuriels faith are destined to leave this world of strife and suffering for one of peace and prosperity.  That is where you come in."

He leaned a little closer to Kenjinn, as though he wanted to speak of a secret.  "You must be aware that there are people trying to kill you.  We have intercepted a small group of assassins that have been combing the woods for you.  They've been dispatched so you needn't concern yourself with them, but there are others that will catch up to you sooner or later.

"Your days are unfortunately numbered.  We are only asking that you make your deaths mean something.  Your lives can help save the lives of thousands, not to mention many of this town.
"
Dan Rycov
 player, 233 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 11 Oct 2009
at 08:01
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Dan now had a frown. Propaganda only usually worked if the opposing party hadn't tried to murder you within the last 24 hours. "Big talk coming from kidnappers" He said, leaning back on his chair. He clearly had enough of this guy but wasn't about to jump up suicidally. They needed a plan first. He silently uses a spell he remembered from his days as street urchin. Or the character sheet, it was becoming fuzzy at this point. But he could deal with that after they weren't being proposed by cultists.

Using the spell Message to converse with the other members of the table, excluding Ula. She was alright but still a member of the cult and not to be trusted yet. "If things get hairy, head upstairs as fast as you can. They have the exits covered but if we get up there we might be able to get some distance enough to make an escape" He whispered to them, the other oblivious to his planning.
Gregory Stone
 player, 404 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 11 Oct 2009
at 12:28
Re: Scenario - Day Two
It was all Greg could do to keep from whooping out loud with joy.   Her GOD was with her!!!!
A small part of her still felt foolish praying to a God that was probably trademarked by Wizards of the Coast™, but......

SHE WAS FLYING!!!!!!!!   

She looked down and was brought back to earth (metaphorically at least) by Curin.  She quickly moved to him and wrapped her surprisingly strong arms around him.
Allow me, Curin.   She said, restraining a giggle of joy.
She was grinning in a way that probably looked very flirtatious, but was caused by her extreme excitement to be wielding Fharlanghn's magic again.  She began to lift the man up to the roof with her.
He was VERY heavy, but she could manage.

She realized that if she could get the rest of her friends to the roof, she could, in theory, fly them to other buildings to better make their escape.
Curin
 NPC, 12 posts
 Swordsman
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 01:11
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Curin paused for a moment before accepting Aliana's offer.  He smiled at her giggle and wrapped his arms around her, to hold on tightly of course.  The look on her face, that smile and giggle, Aliana must have been waiting for the opportunity to get her arms around him.  Curin had thought that Aliana was simply playing hard to get before but this only confirmed for him that she did feel something for him.

He was looking into her eyes, smiling at her as they rose into the air.  "You have beautiful eyes.  There's a sparkling in them that reminds me of a fine wine.  Just remember that they have crossbows."
Aren
 NPC, 5 posts
 High Cleric of Nymuriel
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 01:29
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"From your point of view I suppose that we might be worse than kidnappers." Aren said, his ever present smile slowly vanished now that it was no longer needed.  He shook his head slowly.  "You have to realize that we will do everything that we can to ensure your participation in our grand journey."

Aren snapped his fingers.  A robed cultist walked in holding a several manacles and some cloth hoods that he placed on the table.  The cultist bowed to Aren and backed away.  The knight holding young Charles shifted his position, holding the young boy with one arm while he drew out a knife.  He held the knife to the boys throat.  Several other patrons, including Lucille, were grabbed or threatened in a similar manner.

"You will put on the manacles and the hoods or we will start killing the townspeople."  There was no friendly smile on his face as he spoke but a look of deadly seriousness.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 182 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 03:50
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Cassander was shocked for a moment and almost rose up out of her seat.  Grabbing the kid was not the sort of thing that she would expect a Cleric to do.  Cassander was tempted to protest immediately but who knew what effect that would have.  Luckily Tizona had a much cooler head.

She reached under the table and patted Dan and Sarah on their legs, just to let them know that she had heard Dan's suggestion.  It made sense, what with these guys guarding the doors.  It would also let Cassander grab her weapons, which she left in the room upstairs.  Stupid move now that she thought about it.  Who knew that breakfast would turn out to be so exciting.

"There's no need for this, Aren.  These people have done nothing to you." She said simply.  As a sorceress her CHA should be as high as Dans so maybe she could...use her feminine wiles on Aren?  It was an odd thought but she certainly had the attributes, and the skimpy clothing, to do that now.
Dan Rycov
 player, 235 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 04:40
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Dan's eyes came to a point as he watched the cultists take hostages. Clearly they were not going to be walking out of here empty handed. Having Dan's mind in synch with Kenjinn's ceniving and dastardly brain was producing some interesting effects, namely he was already thinking of ways to escape, some without his friends but eh had enough to disregard these. The hostages produced a problem, but knowing plot progression they'd be nothing compared to what was to come.

He remained silent and resistant as he watched the hooded one move closer with shackles and hoods. Something trigger a bit at the manacles and Kenjinn knew there was no way he was going to be in chains again. His resolve to escape grew harder, his morality loosing hold. Regardless he let Cassander have a try whilst he figured out the delicates of his plan, taking into account their abilities.
Gregory Stone
 player, 406 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 11:59
Re: Scenario - Day Two
In reply to Curin (msg #707):

Curin's comments about her eyes stifled Greg's giddiness.
dammit!  I'm REALLY not comfortable with being flirted with! 
Is she were honest with herself, that wasn't quite true.   Greg found herself feeling VERY comfortable with being flirted with, but was very uncomfortable with being so comfortable with it.
wow.  that didn't even make sense to ME.
Truthfully, Curin's big, strong arms around her slim waist had felt.......good.   Good and comforting in a way that very little had since arriving here.

Landing lightly on the roof of the Inn, Greg released Curin (with a reluctance that she tried hard to rationalize as something else) and made her way to the upper windows to what she hoped was her room.   She tried to creep inside the window into the room beyond, helping the big man if he needed it, though he suspected that he didn't.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 105 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 12:33
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Sarah freezes up, an unexpected fear rising up in her as the manacles are brought out. She just stares at them, mind racing.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 183 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 04:29
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Cassander glanced at the manacles and then raised her eyes back to Aren.  She was just itching to use her Charm Person spell, itching ever since the three elves met up with Kenjinn and Seline in the tavern a few days ago.  The obvious target was Aren, he was in charge from the looks of things.  Only, Clerics had awesome Will saves.  It would be a risk.  She could level this building in a flutter of her eyelashes but that wouldn't do the patrons, or rather hostages, any good.

Hmmm.  Hostages.

There was a thought.  Cassander had spent hours playing Rainbow Six on the XBox.  Maybe he could use something here.  A flashbang would be great.  Something to blind their opponents while they freed the hostages.  Risky as well, but a good backup plan.

Here goes then.  I hope I don't hate myself for this.

Cassander slowly rose to her feet.  She made the motion as sensual as she could, deliberately drawing attention to her barely clad cleavage while she wordlessly uttered an Arcane incantation.  "Cleric Aren." she said in a breathy voice - thank you Marilyn Monroe.  She brought a delicate hand to her throat.  "If our deaths would mean the lives of thousands, then we shall go with you willingly.  There is no need for the shackles or the hostages.  Can you not let them go as a sign of your good will?"

OOC: Cassander will cast Charm Person on Aren and be ready with Glitterdust.
Gregory Stone
 player, 409 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 21:34
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Assuming no complications from getting inside, Greg will try to enter her room (or, perhaps someone else's) and try to stealthily sneak out to see what's become of her friends and what exactly they're dealing with.
Aren
 NPC, 6 posts
 High Cleric of Nymuriel
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 01:11
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Aren watched the Elf rise. It was hard for him to take his eyes from her.  The way that the dress clung to her figure and delectably flaunted her bosom.  A slow smile crept across his face.

"I knew that you could see reason." he said, enchanted by the Elven sorceress.  In all that Nymuriel had promised him as a reward for his service, Aren might just have to ask his god for this woman.  "Release the patrons." He made a quick gesture with his hand and the guards lowered those that they had taken.

Young Charles was released and he immediately ran to Tizonas side, clutching at the elven womans dress.  He looked at Aren with fearful eyes.

"You have made a good decision.  You names will be immortalized in song for ages."  Aren rose to his feet and held out a hand to Tizona.  "Come then, my dear.  Allow me to accompany you."  The brilliant smile was back.