(Dungeons & Dragons) Group 1.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Curin
 NPC, 13 posts
 Swordsman
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 01:21
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Aliana and Curin crept along the rooftop.  Curins assumption that the armored men would pay little attention to the tops of the buildings seemed to hold some truth, although there were a couple of tense moments when they had to duck behind a chimney to avoid a stray upwards glance.

Climbing in to the room windows was going to be difficult.  There was not much in the way of cover between a dangling cleric in shiny armor and many armored soldiers.  Curin suggested another way.

The Inn's roof was a gentle slope of wooden shingles.  At either end of the peaked roof were two small hatches, vents leading into the attic.  Curin, with the well practiced skill of someone who had snuck out this way before, pried open one of the vents and gently climbed inside.

The roguish fighter held on to Aliana as she climbed in through the vent.  He looked into her eyes, occasionally turning his head towards a sound.  "Aliana." he said softly.  "I don't know what will happen in the next few minutes, so I hope that you'll forgive me for doing this."

Curin pulled Aliana towards him and kissed her.
Gregory Stone
 player, 411 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 01:51
Re: Scenario - Day Two
HOLY SHIT!!!!  WHAT THE FRICK?!?!?  I......I.......what the HELL do I do NOW?!?!?

Greg's eyes got as wide as dinner plates as the burly and, she reluctantly admitted, handsome man grabbed her and kissed her.
Her first reaction was to push him away, but she was suddenly scared that the resulting scuffle would make enough  noise to alert whatever soldiers that were in the Tavern.    Was that Curin's reason for doing this NOW?

It was, technically speaking, NOT the weirdest thing that had happened to the former game store clerk since arriving in this insane world, but she REALLY couldn't think of any of the other ones at the moment.

Curin's scruffy upper lip and cheek scraped her soft elven face.  His breath, which should have reeked of his last  meal, was actually somewhat pleasant.   Had he bitten cloves or some other "medieval breath freshener" while Greg had been in her church, on the off chance that he'd get to kiss her?   Sneaky son of a BITCH!
Not that he was waiting for the "off chance".   That much was obvious.

His powerful arms encircled her and she felt....something.   Some kind of electricity that surged through her slim elven frame.   She felt herself sagging as the sensation seemed to overwhelm her.

OH.  MY.  GOD.   I think I.......LIKE this!!!!

Greg had NEVER felt ANYTHING for any guy.  EVER.   But, somehow, This was........ she wasn't even sure.

Granted, she was terrified, traumitized, and desperate for contact that doesn't involve her death.   That MIGHT have something to do with it too.     Still......

Also, it HAD been.......well, "a while".   Greg's last girl friend had moved out of state the year before.

Still........

Greg pulled away, though she realized with great shame and humiliation that it had probably been a good twenty seconds before she'd gotten her wits together to do so.

She gasped for breath and looked at Curin.   She was absolutely freaked out with fear, for what was happening to her.  The elven maiden felt a......heat in her........"girl parts", both her chest and......further down.      She knew, logically, what that meant, but refused to think about it.

oh god, oh god, oh god, please no, please no, think of dead puppies,  think of dead puppies. mental cold shower, mental cold shower.

"Um.....*clears throat*  Um....C-curin?  W-we should...uh....keep moving.   We....might not have much time."
She looked around the attic, not able to look the man in the eyes.   Perversely, she almost hoped that armed cultists would burst in right now, just for the distraction.
Curin
 NPC, 14 posts
 Swordsman
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 14:16
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"I know." Curin said, giving Aliana a smile.  He was amused by the way that the kiss had flustered the Cleric.  There was a smug maleness to his thoughts, the idea of the worldly fighter romancing the inexperienced young woman.  "It was for luck.  We're going to go into an Inn filled with armored cultists and I wanted to let you know why I'm doing it."

The warrior gave her a wink that spoke of more things to come and then slowly drew his sword.  He crept along the attic towards a small hatch that lead into the upstairs hallway.  He felt like such an idiot for risking his neck for a woman but it wouldn't be the first time that he's done something stupid in his life.
Gregory Stone
 player, 417 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 18:51
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Greg watched Curin go with a sinking feeling, like the last bus to "her remaining male ego" was driving away.

Oh god!  what the HELL have I done?  Now he probably thinks.......
She decided that she didn't want to think about what HE was probably thinking about.
Heck, she wasn't sure she wanted to think about what SHE was thinking about.

ow....my brain hurts.....

Only the thought that she might be killed in the next hour made the thought of "dealing with an amourous warrior" less of a freaky concept.

The pretty cleric went through her repetoire of spells, thinking of ones that she could use.

It was....... a safer thing to think about, as she prepared to follow Curin down into the Inn.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 184 posts
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 20:29
Re: Scenario - Day Two
It worked?  It really worked.  Cassander was amazed that the spell had worked.  She was of course concerned that it might not but maybe Aren had rolled badly on his save.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Charles at first and then by Arens reply.  The small boy was clinging to her with a surprisingly strong grip.  Cassander couldn't blame him, considering that he had a knife at his throat moments before, but why was he holding on to her?  She'd never been a real 'kiddy' guy back on Earth and was kind of at a loss with what to do now.  Tizona was no help either.

"It's okay.  It's all right now." She said soothingly, running a hand through the boys hair.  There was no way that she was going to run away now with a kid around her waist.  "I'd like to see the boy back to his parents if you don't mind, Cleric."  Hopefully this wasn't pushing her luck but she didn't want to risk having the kid around when the fighting started.
Curin
 NPC, 15 posts
 Swordsman
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 03:42
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Curin crept along the upper floor, leading Aliana and occasionally glancing back at her and motioning her to be quiet.  The floor boards creaked beneath their weight but no one seemed to notice.

The second floor hallway lead to a bannister that overlooked the main room.  From the corner of the hallway, Aliana would be able to see most of the main room.  The view was blocked only by those tables below the bannister and the large stone chimney that held the main rooms fire.

She would be able to see her companions speaking with a very handsome man in armor.  Many other armored men stood around the room, hovering over seated patrons.  The young boy that she had used as a messenger was clinging to Tizona.
Aren
 NPC, 7 posts
 High Cleric of Nymuriel
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 03:42
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"No." Aren said simply.  He still wore a smile on his face but it was less friendly and slowly becoming more predatory.  "The boy is no longer any of your concern.  You will come with me now or risk further bloodshed."

The cleric glanced up at one of the armored soldiers with him.  The soldier drew his blade and made to strike at Charles, intending to thrust the blade down through the boys shoulder.
Gregory Stone
 player, 418 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 05:05
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Aliana followed Curin through the upper floor if the Inn, her innate elven grace making up for her normal human clumsiness.    She reached into her satchel of holding and pulled out her Longbow.   She grinned a bit, despite the danger at her Handy Haversack.  It was one of the coolest magic items, in her opinion.  It held more than its normal volume, like a bag of holding, but could also "summon" things to the top.  Including her previously strung longbow.

Magic was so cool!

As they got closer, she heard voices.   They were talking?  Thank God!  Or Fharlanghn.  Crap, Greg had a VERY bad habit of taking the Christian God's name in vain.   She'd have to stop that.  Or at least start doing it to The Dweller on the Horizon.

She saw her friends, talking to the handsome cleric in armor.
Wait?!?  THAT'S the first thing I notice, that he's "handsome"?  God Da......I mean, Fharlanghn Damn it!   

Gritting her teeth, she observed the scene with Curin.   The boy Charles was there, still.   Well, if he hadn't left yet, then at least he didn't think she'd cheated him out of that silver coin.   Although, it had been a few minutes.  Why was he still there?  He was standing right by Tizona?  Surely, he had time to give the note and leave?

It depends on what's happening down there.  And don't call me Shirley.    SORRY!!  Reflex.
Greg's habit of making jokes under stressful conditions was going to get her killed one day.   Hopefully not today, though.

Her sharp elven ears picked up every word being said.   The handso.......grrrrr.....the CLERIC was taking them somewhere?  Ok, so all she had to do was follow and.....

Then the guard raised his blade to kill Charles.

It was suicide.  It was going to get her friends killed.   It was going cause them to die on this miserable world.

She didn't care.  All Greg saw was a child about to die.

Without thinking, her elven reflexes took over.  Before she knew what was happening, an arrow was pulled out of her quiver, nocked, and fired at the man attacking Charles.

Fharlanghn forgive me.   You too, guys.  I'm sorry.
Dan Rycov
 player, 237 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 07:01
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Dan watched the whole scene take place as Tizona attempted to parlay with the eeevil religious zealots. Once the guard drew his sword, Dan assumed negotiations had broken down and sprung to action. First he got off his chair and threw it at the guards, yelling "NOW!" And attempting to tip the table over to be between them and the zealots. He then drew backwards towards the stairs.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 185 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 21:08
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Cassanders eyes had followed Aren's and she could see the other man drawing his sword.  Dan taking action was all she needed.  Cassander pulled the boy out of the way of the sword.  "Cover your eyes." she shouted and collected her arcane energies into a Glitterdust spell.
The Tables are Overturned
Fri 16 Oct 2009
at 04:02
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Gregs arrow flew true, striking the armored man between the shoulder blades, piercing the thin mail between his light plate armor.  His attempted killing strike is averted.

The room filled up with the effects of Cassanders Glitterdust spell, blinding the armored followers of Nymuriel.  They were trying to cover their eyes from the distracting lights when Dan kicked over the table.  The sturdy wooden table created a decent bit of cover, putting Aren and 5 of his guards in front of the group and 6 guards behind them, the closest guard being the one with an arrow in his back.

Aren growled as he stumbled back.  He slipped a mace from a holder on his belt and barked a command.  "Get them!"

OOC:  Over to you guys.  The glitterdust spell doesn't affect you and you get to go first.
Gregory Stone
 player, 420 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 16 Oct 2009
at 11:29
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Greg was pissed.  Even though these men were more human than the beastmen at the cult tower, and so, theoretically, she should have felt worse for killing them, she only felt only cold satisfaction when her finely made elvish arrow slammed into the bastard who'd been threatening the child.

Now, you murdering filth, let's see how you stand against the follower of a REAL god.
Greg's beautiful elven face was twisted with a hatred that might have made her less appealing to her amorous companion.
The words she said were spoken to herself, not yelled out.   She didn't want to give away her and Curin's position more then she had to, after all.   If her friends made for the stairs, she'd cover them and help them escape.  If they made it through the front door, so much the better.

She looked at the fighter beside her.   Her face was no longer that of overwhelmed, indecisive clerk, but a Priestess of Fharlanghn.
She was protecting her Traveling Companions.

Curin!   I need you to guard me and keep these stairs secure in case our friends come this way.
She figured the man, who seemed somewhat unsure about this whole endeavor, would appreciate the excuse to stay on the second floor, by her side.

Turing to the ruckus downstairs, she thought of the Celestial Owl that had harried the Cult Sorceress.
She touched her precious Holy Symbol.
O Great Fharlanghn, Eternal Traveler, hear my plea.  My Journey gets dangerous for my Companions and I.  Please send me Guardians to protect them on their Way.

The spell was a more powerful version, that would summon 2 to 5 Celestial Owls.   There were other animals she could summon, but the Owl might be a better clue (in case the arrow wasn't enough) that Greg was upstairs.
Plus, she just liked them.
She "aimed" the birds to attack the cleric, as a spellcaster he was very dangerous, and any guards near the doors.
Dan Rycov
 player, 238 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 16 Oct 2009
at 12:36
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Dan smiled as the road filled up with magical dust. He was not sure how it would distingush between friend and foe but he wasn't being too picky if it was on their side. An arrow seemed to skewer the shoulder of one of them and Dan smiled at their helper. He quickly dashed upstairs, looking for an escape route while the others followed.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 186 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2009
at 02:09
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"Run kid!" Cassander yelled to Charles.  "Follow the man with the big floppy hat."  She'd love to cut loose with a jet of flame but there were still innocents mixed in with the cultists.   With a flick of a delicately shaped hand, the elf sent a series of magic missiles flying towards Aren.

She'd make sure that the kid was running after Dan before turning to run herself.
Bard
 GM, 85 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Mon 19 Oct 2009
at 04:26
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Curin, sword in hand, stood ready to defend Aliana as she cast her spell.  Aliana could feel a divine presence flow through her.  The screech of several large owls could be heard as they swooped in from some place behind her to attack Aren.  The owls followed closely after the impact of Tizonas Magic Missiles.

The Cleric was knocked back by the arcane attack and started to use his mace to fend off the owls.  The other guards in the room were having trouble seeing what was going on but they drew their weapons in anticipation of using them.  The Inns patrons were likewise befuddled and ducking under tables or trying to run for the doors and windows.  Since everyone was having trouble seeing, their attempts were chaotic and comical.

Kenjinn was able to run up the stairs, followed closely by young Charles and then Tizona, and make it to Aliana and Curin.
Aren
 NPC, 8 posts
 High Cleric of Nymuriel
Mon 19 Oct 2009
at 04:26
Re: Scenario - Day Two
The Owls attacked ferociously, clawing and pecking at Aren.  He uttered a curse as he tried to fend them off with his mace.

"Foul minions.  Nymuriel.  Heed the call of your Cleric and banish these creatures that refute your will."  Aren shouted.  There was a flash of bright light and the Owls shrieked in pain.  "I recognize that stench.  Show yourself cowardly slave of Fharlanghn."
Dan Rycov
 player, 240 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 19 Oct 2009
at 04:40
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Dan smiled as he saw Tizona and Curin helping. "Thanks for not being smart and running away" He said with a smile. It was impossible to tell whether he was grateful or sarcastic but it wasn't important at the moment. He looked back to see the other following him and looked over to the window. "Alright, anyone got a rope or something we can use to get out that window and get across the rooftops? They've surrounded the ground around the tavern so we can't just jump down"
Gregory Stone
 player, 424 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 19 Oct 2009
at 12:18
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Greg looks at Dan with a smile, grateful that her snarky friend is still alive.
My flying spell is still active.  I can get us to the nearest roof.

She looked as if she hadn't heard the cleric, but inside she was smirking at his obvious ploy.
If it had been just the two of them, she'd rush out and fight the man with bare hands and harsh language to defend the honor of her God.   With the lives of her friends at stake, particularly people who weren't involved, like Curin and poor little Charles, she had NO intention of being goaded into a fight.
Greg had never had much of a "male ego" even before, but had no problem being called a coward, if it meant her friends escaped.

Once Sarah was among them, she'd lead them to the attic, or the nearest window, whichever got them out to the nearest roof.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 187 posts
Mon 19 Oct 2009
at 13:42
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Cassander ran up the stairs to rejoin her friends.  She thought for a moment and ran to her room to grab her weapons, her sword and the bow.  She just grabbed everything and ran back, loosely slinging the gear over her shoulder.

"I really wish that guy would shut up." she said as Aren started calling out Aliana.  "Can we go out the way that you two came in?" The question was directed to Greg and Curin.
Curin
 NPC, 16 posts
 Swordsman
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 01:55
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Curin stood beside Aliana, his sword gripped tightly and his eyes on the armored men below.  "I really think we need to get going now." he said, sounding like the voice of reason.  "They might not move fast in that armor but there's lots of them.  Follow me.  There's a hatch into the attic and a vent to the roof."

Aliana looked like she was going for a nearby window, trying to float up to it, but the swordsman grabbed the elf maiden.  She had that weird dreamy look in her eyes, the same one from when she started to fly before.  What was it with women and flying?

"Not out that way.  They'll pepper you with arrows." he said and pointed back the way that they came in.  "Go now.  Lead your friends out.  I'll be right behind you."
Gregory Stone
 player, 426 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 11:39
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Greg followed Curin's lead, praying (no pun intended) again that trusting him wasn't a mistake.

She led them up to the roof of the building, then will cast "Obscuring Mist" to fill the adjoining streets and alleys with fog, to foil archers (at least somewhat).

Great Dweller on the Horizon, Shield us from our enemies so that they cannot thwart our Journey.  Let the Morning Mist of the Road conceal us.

If that works, and time permitting, the cleric will ferry her party across the alley to the next building, taking Charles first, along with one of her friends, either Dan, Cassander or Sarah.    Then she'll take the other two for the next trip, then Curin at the last trip.

She hates to leave the fighter for last, but knows that she and her friends are too valuable to the demon Nymuriel to chance leaving behind.   The cleric will do everything in her power to bring him, though.
Bard
 GM, 89 posts
 Assistant Storyteller
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 04:12
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Once more Aliana can feel the warming presence of her patron answering her calls.  The hallway fills up with a thick pea-soup fog.  The fog spills out over the roof of the Inn and descends into the streets.  Armored men and archers can be heard shouting.  An occasional arrow will sail passed the group or rattle harmlessly into part of the building.

Aliana pulls young Charles out onto the roof, with the others on her heels.

OOC:  You can all run across the roofs if you'd like.  The fog is thick so you have to be careful.  It will take you two turns (postings) to get to the end of the row of buildings.

If anyone was expecting things to go smoothly, they were bound to be disappointed.  A terrible hissing sound was heard from within the Inn.  Five large serpents came tearing up the hallway at the group.  They reeked of foul divinity.

Curin cried out as one serpent managed to slink past his sword slashes and wrapped around him, squeezing tightly.  Two more serpents strike out at Kenjinn and Cassander each, baring fangs dripping with venom.  The two remaining serpents chase after Aliana.
Dan Rycov
 player, 241 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 04:24
Re: Scenario - Day Two
Dan hesitated as he saw the titanic serpent approach them. He unsheathes his twin blades and stays down low, attempting to slice the beast in half with his swords. Hopefully his speed would help him here.
Gregory Stone
 player, 427 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 05:56
Re: Scenario - Day Two
If Sarah is with them, Greg will try to get her to get Charles out of harm's way.   Greg would never forgive herself if something happened to the little guy.

Then holding her holy symbol of Fharlanghn aloft, she steels herself for battle.

O Fharlanghn, Father of Travel, Your servant needs your aid.   Foul minions have kept us from our Journey.  Help me send them back to their homes, to continue their own paths.   

Greg tries to dispel the summoning magic to dismiss the fiendish snakes.

So it's a bettle of WILLS, is it?  Well, in THAT case.....

wait.  I HAVE no will power.

NO!!!   Greg the retail drone has no willpower.  I am Sister Aliana Farwalker, Priestess of Fharlanghn, Cleric of the Dweller on the Horizon, Servant of the Eternal Traveler!   I have driven Undead from my sight using faith alone!  I have killed people more beast than MAN!   I have a TRUE GOD as my savior, not some demon with delusions of grandeur!!!

I was head of my clerical class.  I am a conduit of godly MIGHT!!!

I AM THE IRONSHOD QUARTERSTAFF OF FHARLANGHN, SMASHING DOWN ON THE NECKS OF HIS ENEMIES!

I WILL WIN!!!!!!

Cassander Miraz
 player, 188 posts
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 02:14
Re: Scenario - Day Two
"Cripes!" Cassander yelped as the large snake came at her.  There were seriously big snakes with fangs attacking her, it was almost unbelievable and definitely more terrifying seeign them in person than having a DM describe them.

Reflexively, the elf gestured towards the snake, summoning a handful of magic missiles and launching them at the oncoming reptiles.