(Dungeons & Dragons) Group 1.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 19 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 07:52
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
The customers of the bar have slowly begun to leave now, leaving a small group scattered around the bar.

As one man drunkly goes to leave he bumps into your table, causing the money to shake precariously and Kenjinn's drink is almost tipped over.

"Stoopid table" the man says and he stumbles out the door.

Gregory Stone
 player, 63 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 08:22
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana leaps to her feet, getting in front of the man, an indignant look on her face. 
Now, that's not fair!   You apologize to this innocent table, at once!

The elf stands defiantly in front of the drunk man, preventing him from leaving.
Storyteller
 GM, 20 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 08:39
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
The man looks confused at the elf, then mutters so only she can here "You know what? I was only told to slip poison in his drink. It'll be easier if I just kill you all now won't it, make it look like a accident"

He flashes the steel of a weapon.

While the other bar patrons do not hear him or what exactly Aliana said, they turn around to see what has happened. The bar keeper pauses cleaning that same filthy glass he has been the entire night.


Outside of Chris's house, rain begins to lash against the windows. You hear the faint roll of thunder in the distance. A gust of wind slips in through the window, causing the flames of the candles to flicker.


OOC: If we come to combat, we'll 'fast-forward' to the result and I'll just use the Dice Roller to see how well you fared.
Gregory Stone
 player, 64 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 09:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg stares at Chris for a second, so lost in the roleplaying that he wasn't expecting combat yet.

Well, alright!  Sorry, I was just going to have Aliana accost the man, in case he stole something.  This is even better.

Aliana's face lights up with joy.  She swiftly draws her longsword with great enthusiasm.


Do we get to fight now?  How marvelous!  I was afraid I'd have to wait all week! 

Aliana is confident that her traveling companions will back her up.  She wouldn't have expected them to help her defend the table's honor, Fharlanghn knows, but since the "drunk" drew a live weapon, she figures that changes the equation.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 18 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 12:45
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Tizona, having missed what the man whispered to Aliana, rises to her feet, slowly so as to not appear provocative.  "There's no need for tempers to match the weather outside.  Sheathe your sword, Sir, before someone does something that they will regret." While she's sure that Aliana can handle herself, especially with Alyssia and her to back the Cleric up, causing a bar brawl is not going to get them the answers that they need.  Of course if she had to drink this places mead every night, she'd probably be irritable as well.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 20 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 12:57
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Now, it gets interesting...

Silene carefully draws her dagger from its arm sheath, keeping it concealed for the right moment to strike."
Dan Rycov
 player, 42 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 13:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn notices everyone drawing metal and is a bit weary. He was a musician, and a fair bit of a coward. The last thing he wanted was a sword in his gut. He remained ademate but aware of the potential for combat.
John Maxwell
 player, 22 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 14:17
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John looked at the rest of the players. "Yaw'll aren't trying to start a fight early are you?" he said with a smile. "I thought the cleric and bard would at least try to stop the fight without resorting to violence."

"Alyissia didn't draw a weapon, though from the number she carried on her, she could probally draw one before most of the others could react anyway. 'Come now, we're not here to find a fight, especially one where you opponent can't stand straight. Let the man pass.' she said to her compainions, then she turned to the man 'Have a good night sir.' she said politely trying to keep the situation from becoming a brawl, but only someone with a trained eye would see that she was ready to move in the situation deteriorated any at all.
Gregory Stone
 player, 65 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 30 Mar 2009
at 16:36
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana grins at her companions as well as at the humans.

No, it's okay, everyone!  We're allowed to fight him.  He's been hired to kill us, he just  told me.   Oh, and good Bard, I'd avoid having any more of that drink if I were you.


She looks at her human opponent, holding her finely crafted elven longsword in both hands.

Now, good sir, are you going to tell us who hired you, or shall I talk to your corpse?  Both scenarios work for me, since your breath would reek equally bad either way!

The words should be a generic threat between opponents, but when delivered with Aliana's child-like enthusiasm and grinning face, it sounds especially chilling.
Storyteller
 GM, 21 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2009
at 23:42
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
As violence becomes almost inevitable, the bar patrons get up and walk over to the scene carefully.

"Hey there, let's not start a unfair fight" one says.

"Yeah, let's start a fair one" another snarls, as they all draw their weapons.

"You should've kept your mouths shut" one says to the bard and rogue "Now you can die with these elves!"

John Maxwell
 player, 23 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2009
at 23:58
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John smiled this was going to be fun.

"Alyissia stood up holding her hands low and open like she was trying to not be threatening. 'Come now Gentlemen you don't want to start a fight..." she started to say before whipping out her shortswords into a lightning fast attack on the nearest enemy." he said before explaining his action.

"Gonna take a free action to draw my blades thanks to quick draw and make a surprise attack while they arn't ready."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:59, Wed 01 Apr 2009.

Dan Rycov
 player, 43 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:24
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn secretly pocketed all the money on the table and stood up, tapping Silene on the shoulder and nodding towards the door subtelly. He  has his hand on his sword just in case a fight does start.
John Maxwell
 player, 24 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:29
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John chuckled "Sure you can pocket the money. Just remember that Alyissia will probally figure who took it. Though if you tell em what you know it was yours anyway." he said with a shrug.
Dan Rycov
 player, 44 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:30
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan looked in thought. "I could take it, and say I didn't! That way you'd have to pay me more" He said to John with a smile.
John Maxwell
 player, 25 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:33
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John laughed "She'd either, A. say it was your fault for losing your money. Or B. turn on you for trying to swindle her. She doesn't take much."
Dan Rycov
 player, 45 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 00:43
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Damn!" Dan exclaims. "Hate ungullible characters like that"
Gregory Stone
 player, 66 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 11:59
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg chuckles.

I hate to say it, but you're not even going to fool Aliana with that one.  If you tried to deny it, her face would light up like a little kid at Christmas and she'd probably just say:  Are you lying to me?  That's wonderful!  You're actually pretty good at it, though you should have picked a better subject.   Do it again, though!   I want to see it once more, in slow motion, if you can.  You know, if it's no bother.
Or something similar.

Ok, Chris, Aliana attacks the "drunk" with her longsword.  Making up a battlecry as she goes.


O Well-Traveled Fharlanghn!  Please guide my blade as it travels the scenic route down this poor man's gullet!  May it see many sights and procure many souveniers!

This message was last edited by the player at 18:28, Thu 02 Apr 2009.

Cassander Miraz
 player, 19 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 14:16
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Cassander had his players book open and had busied himself flipping through pages.  "Go figure.  First fight of the game and I have no idea what spells to use.  Magic Missile, maybe?  I don't think that Tizona wants to kill anyone.  Something illusionary then?  Hmmm."

Tizona groans as blades are drawn.  This fight wasn't going to help them on their mission and the last thing that they needed was someone to get killed and the elves to be brought up in front of the local magistrate.  "Ladies, Gentlemen please!  There's no reason to shed any blood." she tries one last futile attempt at reasoning, while her player sorts through spells.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:17, Thu 02 Apr 2009.

Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 21 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2009
at 22:21
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Silene nods and tries to extract herself from the situation."

Sarah chuckles.

"Nice battle cry."
Storyteller
 GM, 22 posts
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 07:36
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Fast Forward >>

The combat ends with the triumph of good over evil. Or, the triumph of three elves and two dodgy characters over who maybe hired thugs.

The customary after battle search reveals a letter on the bodies of several attackers. It instructed them to kill you and bring your bodies to a abandoned building near the edge of town. It was signed with a foreboding symbol of a demonic skull.

The bar keeper, who fled during the fight, returned with the authorities. They did not take kindly to your story, nor did they believe it, so the confrontation ended with all five of you fleeing with them in pursuit.

After that, it seemed the entire town was looking for you. Some RP later, and the five of you decided to work together at least temporarily until you could figure out what was going on and clear your names...


Over a hour passes real time for you all to reach this point. Like in game, the house is being racked by fierce rain and the sounds of thunder. The power has gone out, leaving you to game by candlelight.
Dan Rycov
 player, 46 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 07:41
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Bloody power, can't they make stormproof cables?" Dan pouted, fairly annoyed.

Kenjinn was no better, he was fairly annoyed at the three elves who busted in and ruined his gig as the tavern's bard there. To say he was angry was a bit generous. Plus he was wet and tired, never a good combination.
Gregory Stone
 player, 68 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 11:51
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sarah d'Meisha:
"Nice battle cry."


Greg grins.  Thanks, wait til you hear Aliana swear.  He grins like a little kid.  It's obvious that Sister Aliana's childlike enthusiasm isn't a trait with which Greg is unfamiliar.

Once they've regrouped, Sister Aliana will heal any wounds, either with magic or good old-fashioned bandaging. 

When the power goes out, Greg will take out a mini flashlight in the shape of a blue lightsabre to help find candles.  He seems really bad at lighting them, so lets Chris and the others handle it.

When the game recommences:

Once they've gotten to a safe spot, Aliana will look over at the bard and say I'm sorry.  You were saying?
As if the interruption had been momentary instead of involving a deadly fight and flight from authorities.
Dan Rycov
 player, 47 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 12:02
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn looked over to Aliana with contempt. He had the urge to rend the elven head from her neck but then he'd probably get the same treatment from her mates. He held back his homicidal urges enough to answer her "I was saying that fighting would be a bad idea. Lovely to see we all pay attention rather than ignore me and get kicked out of the town" The sarcasm in his voice was thicker than the mud he was standing in, but he wondered if the priest still couldn't recognise it.

Dan laughed, he thought this terribly funny.
Gregory Stone
 player, 70 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 12:22
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana shruggs.  Don't worry, noble bard, it wasn't much of a town anyway.  Now, if you please, go ahead and share your information, and them maybe we can sneak back into town and talk to the people who tried to kill us.  Well, their bodies, anyway.

Sister Aliana, despite seeming to have the life-experience of a newborn sea cucumber, seems non-chalant about being chased out of town with proverbial torches and pitchforks, as if it's something that is to be expected when one travels.   Like over-prices continental breakfasts and filthy roadside bathrooms.

Greg grins as he examines his spell list.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 20 posts
Fri 3 Apr 2009
at 13:34
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Might I remind you, Bard, that the fight started because someone was trying to end your singing with a bit of poisoned Mead."  Tizona says, easily recognizing the sarcasm in his voice.  The whole scene in the bar had been a great annoyance and it was almost insulting the way that this human was racting.  "In effect, we saved your life."

"Of course, Sister Aliana was having a great deal of fun and that is so refreshing.  Maybe we should just follow you for a little while and see how many more towns we can be chased out of.  Doesn't that sound like fun Aliana?"

Cassander grinned as he rolled his dice in the palm of one hand.  The game had been entertaining so far and he just grinned at everyone around the table.