(Dungeons & Dragons) Group 1.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Gregory Stone
 player, 71 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 03:30
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg smiles at Cassander, then nods modestly.
I'm glad you're entertained, sir.  I aim to please.

The cleric turns back to Tizona, her blue almond eyes blink a couple of times, then widen with scientific inspiration.

You know, that would be an interesting experiment, Tizona.  I'd be really interested to see the difference in various cities, by government types and perhaps even racial make up, how differently they would each drive out an unwanted element. 

Aliana takes out a sheet of parchment from her scroll case and starts making notes.
Dan Rycov
 player, 51 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 14:36
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan was smiling away still.

"Well thanks for that. I appreciate things like that" Kenjinn turned his hat upsidedown and a huge torrent of water was released from the massive area his hat takes up. He shoed a couple frogs out of it as well before putting it back on. At least it acted as an umbrella. "So I'm thinkin' maybe we should find some shelter?"
Gregory Stone
 player, 74 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 20:58
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana nods at the bard's suggestion, looking up from her writing.

Since you know the town, is there an abandoned structure nearby where we could continue out chat, or would you like  Alyissa and I to find or make shelter in the woods?
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 22 posts
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 21:15
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Or, those of us who decided to bring tents can use them."
Gregory Stone
 player, 75 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sat 4 Apr 2009
at 21:41
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Aliana's eyes light up.

Oooh!  A tent!   That's very posh!   Let's set it up and settle in!

Aliana's experience with sleeping generally range from roughing it in the open under homemade shelters or sleeping indoors.  She's never been in a tent before.
Dan Rycov
 player, 52 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 13:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn thought of trying to pitch up a tent in this weather. "I'm pretty sure the only thing a tent would create is a giant water bucket. There was an old abandoned watchtower near here. There used to be a fierce gang of bandits, the Bloodgrem Bastard Clan, around here years ago and that tower was used as a defence installation. 'Course since bandits prefer stealth it wasn't much use" He says, thinking and draining water out of his hat. He points in a northeasterly direction. "It's over that way I think"
Cassander Miraz
 player, 22 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 16:03
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Perhaps this bandit camp would be a better option than a tent." Tizona says.

Cassander lowers his players book for a moment.  "Hey.  If Elves are the outdoorsy type, wouldn't they be used to sleeping outside?  Would they use a tent or just sleep out in the open?  Heh heh, sorry, just thinking out loud."
John Maxwell
 player, 26 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 16:26
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
John nodded "Maybe but they may like to have a roof over their heads too. And a bandit 'fortress' would be more easily defendable then a camp in the woods." he replied to the question.

"Alyissia came up from behind the group after hiding their tracks. 'The bandit tower sounds like a good idea.' she added in."
Gregory Stone
 player, 78 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 20:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg nods to John.  I'm thinking that there's outdoorsy and then there's OUTDOORSY.   I think elves live more in harmony with nature, but that can mean simpler homes that blend in with the forest, more than sleeping in the bushes.   Aliana has a thing for sleeping outside, but that's probably more unusual, even for an elf.  She'd normally enjoy a night out in the open, but realizes that since the whole town seems to have gotten "really mean" towards them, that a more defensible position would be a good idea.

Maybe when we get there,She says We can try to figure out how much of the town in "in on" whatever just happened.
Cassander Miraz
 player, 23 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 20:21
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"That sounds reasonable.  I can't imagine elves wanting to sleep outside on a rainy night, maybe during a nice summer night."  Cassander nodded at the answer.

"A place that is easily defendable would be preferrable." Tizona says as she watches Alyissia go about her rangery stuff.  "I'm really curious why someone would be trying to kill our Bard friend.  Could it be that he knows more about what is going on than he's letting on or realizes?  I would suspect that there may be several more attempts on his life, and ours for that matter."
Dan Rycov
 player, 54 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 21:09
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Dan's a little confused. "I did say it was a tower to defend people AGAINST bandits, but whatever. Y'know, it's fine" He did seema little peeved.

Kenjinn smiled and regained his confidence. "Then let's get going shall we?" He said, and started walking off.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:16, Sun 05 Apr 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 79 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 21:20
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg looked at Dan and shrugged,  Any defense is better than none.  And just because it wasn't much good against stealthy bandits doesn't mean it won't be useful against maurading townsfolk.

Aliana walks with Kenjinn, providing protection at the front while the ranger walks rearguard, hiding the trail.

Storyteller
 GM, 24 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2009
at 22:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
As the party makes their way through the storm to the Tower, they can see its shadow in the distance.

As you draw even closer, however, you can see that the same symbol from the notes - the skull - has been engraved into the stone door.

Strangely enough, you cannot hear sounds coming from the tower but the earth beneath you.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:12, Sun 05 Apr 2009.

Gregory Stone
 player, 80 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Mon 6 Apr 2009
at 05:58
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Aliana ducks her head down low to the ground, trying to listen.  With her ear close to the ground, she looks up at the bard.

Kenjinn, are their any dwarven mines near here?
Dan Rycov
 player, 55 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 06:22
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Kenjinn looks at her with dubiousness. "...No?" He says in a tone to suggest as if she was being really stupid. 'Course there's no dwarven mines around here! None that he knows of anyway.
Gregory Stone
 player, 81 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 06:53
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Sister Aliana cocks her head, her eyes narrowing in concentration.


Then what's making that noise?  It sounds like it's coming from underground.

The elven cleric moves towards the tower, weapon drawn, to investigate.
Storyteller
 GM, 25 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 10:21
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
As you continue to play, you can hear odd sounds coming from somewhere outside in the storm.

At least that's where they have to be coming from. It's silly to think that these two are coming from beneath the ground.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 23 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 11:06
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"... You rig up a sound system or something?"

Sarah chuckles, listening to the noises.
Dan Rycov
 player, 56 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 11:14
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Probably just branches snapping off or something" Dan says, looking down on his chatacter sheet.

Kenjinn grips his Shikomizue cane and follows Aliana.
Gregory Stone
 player, 82 posts
 I'm not exactly
 myself today.
Tue 7 Apr 2009
at 11:47
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Greg looks out at the storm, a look of concern on his face.  After a moment's thought, he's satisfied that he remembered to roll the windows in his beat-up used car all the way up.  Turning to Chris, he says,
Chris, if you need help making sure all your windows are closed, let me know.  It'd be annoying for you to have rain get into the house.

He turns back to his sheet too.
Sister Aliana has a torch with a "Continual Light" spell cast on it.   She'll pull that out, holding it in her off hand, to better illuminate the tower enterence, especially for the weak eyed humans.
He looks as Dan and Sarah, feigning a look of condescending sympathy for their human "frailties".  Then grins and turns back to the DM.

She's got her sword in her main hand, ready to enter the tower, muttering a quick prayer to Fharlanghn as she enters, seeking his blessing.   

Greg looks to the "heavens".
Great Celestial Traveler, please guide us to safe haven from the storm, so that we may continue to wander the land to our heart's content.

Greg looks back at Chris.
This isn't an actual spell, mind you, just a prayer from a devoted follower.
Storyteller
 GM, 26 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 07:45
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Sound system? Nah, probably some of those young'uns fooling around outside"

The door isn't locked at all. In fact, it is easily swings open when the party tries. Aliana's torch illuminates the inside of the tower, which seems to be empty. A winding stair case leads up to the top of the tower. A trap door leads down, and you can hear those same strange noises.

On the floor, however, strange runes have been engraved deep into the stone.

"Like the ones on this coin"
Chris adds, showing it around before tossing it back onto the table.
Dan Rycov
 player, 57 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 10:50
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"Ooh, convenient!" Dan says, sort of impressed and patronising at the same time.

Kenjinn moves over to see the two pathways. One up to the top and down to the bottom. "I say we take the staircase, the basements always have something horrifying and mind cracking"
Storyteller
 GM, 27 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 11:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
Suddenly the tower shakes.

Suddenly the house shakes.

"What the-?" Chris exclaims, as the table nearly falls and dice slide off in every direction.

There is a flash of lightining, which illuminates the entire room and blinds you. When it settles, you are in the tower.

Another flash, and you are back in Chris's house.

Before you can even yell out "WTF?!", there is a third flash.

You are back in the tower, although this time a fourth flash does not come, leaving you here.


OOC: Que transformations @ your desired pace!
Dan Rycov
 player, 58 posts
 I'm in your reality,
 Screwin' your perception!
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 11:54
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"GAH!" Dan cried out as the blinding lights... blinded him, for lack of better word. After their flashing had subsided he looked around. As his vision returned he noticed he was not in the room with a bunch of other peope anymore. Rather, he was in some sort of cold, circular stone room with a staircase and a trapdoor. He was befuddled at this recent acid trip as it seemed.

He wondered what was in that dragon candle wax as he ran his hands through his hair, but instead touched a hat. He wasn't wearing a hat, neither one this large. It looked very familiar, with two huge feathers coming out from both sides... like his drawing of Kenjinn. He suddenly felt hisclothing and realised he was in some sort of travelling clothing with a large cloak with a guitar, a bow and a quiver on his back.

"..." He was lost for words for the moment and probably temporarily passing out, though soon it would subside.
Sarah d'Meisha
 player, 24 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2009
at 12:10
Re: Scenario (Dungeons
"... the fuck?!?"

Sarah jumps up and looks around confused.

"This... what the hell is going on here?"

She glances down, noticing that she's dressed in Silene's outfit.

"Gah!"