Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office.   Posted by The Force.Group: archive Z
Joron Sarrus
 player, 132 posts
Thu 9 Jul 2009
at 12:29
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Joron offered Brill a polite bow of his head then extended the gift as Kala brought attention to it. Should the twi'lek feel so inclined, the brash young noble would bring the gift to him or set it atop of the humanoid's table. "A small token of friendship and what we hope to be the start of a... lucrative business arrangement."
Brill Ziveri
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 04:16
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Brill takes the gift, looking it over for a few moments before his eyes widen in surprise and pleasure. "This is a princely gift, no doubt. I'll have to see that it gets to my cellars immediately after our meeting.

"So, the Old Goat has decided that he wants to help out his sons, finally, after he left the entirety of his estate to that... our sister. Interesting timing on his part, wouldn't you say, with the Imperials here?

"I've been informed of the situation, then. I'll contact my brothers and let them know we should be ready to move. Who does he expect to be the fifth member of the head clan, seeing as he has only four sons? Which of my cousins has he selected, or do I actually have some say in the matter?"

This message was last edited by the player at 04:16, Fri 10 July 2009.

Narik
 player, 91 posts
Thu 9 Jul 2009
at 17:18
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office

Once summoned Narik entered the conference room last and although he would have preferred to remain standing he knew protocol would expect him to be seated. The soldier assessed the room and its possible exits before he found a seat.

As Kala explained their mission Narik nodded. When she had finished their introduction he cleared his throat ”we hoped with this meeting to gain your expertise and knowledge of how to deal with your rivals. Then once we have ensured the usurpers have been removed from power you can reclaim your power anyway you like although I believe it was your father’s wish that your sister be a representative of the clan”.
Aadun Ogden
 player, 96 posts
Thu 9 Jul 2009
at 17:25
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Aadun stepped in and listened to his comrades explain the situation.  He was nodding his head thoughtfully, but when Brill mentioned his sister, he thought he could hear an edge in his voice.  He sort of turned his head to the side and shut his eyes for a second, when Narik told him what he was beginning to feel could be very bad news for Brill.
Brill Ziveri
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 9 Jul 2009
at 19:04
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Brill's expression is too carefully schooled to read, but he would hardly need to be so in control if he were happy with the proposed solution to the need to have five members. His voice is a little tight as he asks, "So, you, and by extension, my father, expect the five of us to welcome our half-sister into the head clan of a major city on a planet where women are routinely sold as slaves?"
Narik
 player, 92 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 20:33
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
At Brill’s misogyny Narik rested his hands on the table and leaned forward slightly but remained seated ”I was born in a Republic that valued every being based on its own merit without no regard to its race, species, or gender. If you can’t welcome your own sister into your enclave then how do you expect to control and manage a city half full of women when you are in power?” he asked a first real sign the soldier had shown of his ire being raised since his companions had met the normally even-tempered and controlled soldier. Narik had deserted from the Imperial Navy because of how he perceived it to have lost the ideals of the Republic he had served. Now here away from it all he encountered the same bigotry.

”You father was quite insistent that Sinya would prove to be an indispensable member of any new power structure. If your father can see the wisdom of including her, can you not too?” he asked the barbed question, would Brill question the wisdom of his own father?

Narik didn’t allow the question to be answered however. Better to leave it open, he held his hand to prevent any answer from Brill. There were more urgent matters to discuss ”we are here to learn more of Cotan Distombe. Enlighten us”.
Brill Ziveri
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 20:41
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Brill ignores Narik's question about Cotan Distombe. "If my father had thought with anything besides what is between his legs, then I wouldn't have a half-sister born of some slave that my Father married after he put my Mother aside. He's always been blind where that woman is concerned, so why should this be any different?" he asks, shaking his head in angry disgust.

"This is our planet and our culture. Neither the city nor my brothers and I will accept Sinya as a member of the head clan. There's no point in talking about the Distombe until we have this issues settled."
Aadun Ogden
 player, 97 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 20:51
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Aadun got over his moment of annoyance before attempting to assess the situation.  Of course Brill wouldn't be very happy sharing power with a woman when he himself frequently "used" their services.  His father had already shown his preference long ago by leaving his estate to her rather than him.  He considered it a waste of breath really to try and correct his opinions, but Narik didn't seem to think the same way.  He hoped that the issue would be dropped or they could bring the meeting back in their favor.

"You're right.  Your father was a fool for what he did," he says and smirks to himself.  There was no way now that Brill was going to be on their side without some serious damage control.  "However, he is your father.  Is there no way you would consider rethinking your position to be more in line with his?  There's no way to spin this to make you look good?"

[Private to The Force: You rolled 12 using 1d20+9 ((3)).  Persuasion Change Attitude]
Narik
 player, 93 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 21:29
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Narik shrugged with disinterest at Brill’s argument ”like I stated before how you choose to run this city when you get your hands on it is up to you. We have been sent at your father’s wishes to bring that event about not get involved in your politics or take anything from you. We can do that with or without your aid, you help you gain power in the process or we go to Sinya, help her and put her in a much greater position of power” he stood up and prepared to leave as he made his threat to offer his aid solely to Brill’s sister instead ”so are we going to talk about Cotan Distombe or end this meeting?”.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:29, Fri 10 July 2009.

Brill Ziveri
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 21:47
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Brill looks to Aadun, frowning, "I suggest you contact my father, if you are able and discuss terms with him. If he wishes to see his sons in power, then we will need to arrange for one of my cousins to be the fifth. I'll speak with my brothers, but I know their answers, already."

Brill sneers at Narik. "I believe the meeting is over, then. Sinya is nothing. Thank you for being mail service." He makes no offer to stand at Narik's proposed exit.
Aadun Ogden
 player, 98 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 22:13
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
"Please ignore our friend," Aadun says and glares at Narik.  At this point, he looks back to Brill, smiles and leans forward.  "As I'm sure you realize, we have your father's interests to think of, but don't think I'm not sympathetic to your plight.  Regardless of who the other four are, we want to put you into power.  You're going to know in advance and you'll be in the best position to make your preparations.  If you allow us to help you, then think about how easy it is going to be to take control."

"We're here to help you and we only ask for a little help in return."

[Private to The Force: You rolled 21 using 1d20+9 ((12)). Persuasion]
Brill Ziveri
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 22:16
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Brill leans back in his seat, eyes slitting as he steeples his fingers. "I am listening."
Narik
 player, 94 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2009
at 22:17
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office

As Brill gave his answer and thanks Narik graciously accepted and stepped out of the meeting room. From outside he waited for the others to follow him. He didn’t mind if they remained longer but for him he had gained all he would get from Brill.
Kala Jorn
 player, 119 posts
 Crack pilot
Sat 11 Jul 2009
at 01:35
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Kala had to sigh at Narik's actions. She'd talk to him about it later, but for now, they had something they wanted to accomplish here.

"Lord Ziveri, We understand your reservations to this stipulation. However, as a man of business, I believe you can understand our position. We were sent here with specific orders, and we intend to carry those orders out." Kala began, as she nodded to him. "Your father must have a reason for including your half-sister in these plans, one he has kept hidden from not only yourself, but of us too. He must seek to control something through her, or something else of the sort. However, as our employer, his wishes were quite clear."

[Private to The Force: You rolled 20 using 1d20+9 ((11)). persuasion check]
The Force
 GM, 174 posts
 The Adversary
 Herder of Cats
Sat 11 Jul 2009
at 15:44
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Brill considers Kala's words for several moments. "I won't concede the matter. Tell me what you need and I'll consider what I can and am willing to do to for you.

"I still suggest that you talk to my father about his plan, however, because without our cooperation, there's no hope of success. Our cousins are not strong enough, in any combination, to help Sinya achieve any sort of leadership position and we are unwilling to do so."

Kala Jorn
 player, 120 posts
 Crack pilot
Sat 11 Jul 2009
at 21:37
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
"I believe then we have our answer. We will attempt to make contact with your father, and relay this information, and wait for his response." Kala said, as she nodded to Brill. "I believe we have resolved that issue. At least, for the moment. Could you please tell us any information you might have about Cotan Distombe? I would consider it to be a personal favor." She finished, putting on her best demeanor and smile.

[Private to The Force: You rolled 32 using 1d20+14 ((18)). Persuasion-Change attitude]
Aadun Ogden
 player, 99 posts
Sat 11 Jul 2009
at 22:00
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Once he had Brill's ear again, he paused for a moment and listened as Kala continued to work on getting his attention.  Even she was having trouble getting him to conform to his father's wishes and he wasn't particularly sure that his father would be any easier to talk to on this particular subject.  They both seemed stubborn.

"Yes, any amount of information will be helpful to us," he adds in and leans back into his chair.  He really didn't think he needed to add to Kala's charm per se, but he didn't want Brill to think that he'd let a woman do all of his talking for him.
Brill Ziveri
 NPC, 5 posts
Sat 11 Jul 2009
at 22:06
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
"You'll forgive me if I haven't been collecting information on the man. I have nothing on him that isn't public knowledge. I can make some inquiries, but that will take a few days," he answers them. Perhaps this was part of why he was stalling, because he did not have the information they wanted.
Aadun Ogden
 player, 100 posts
Sat 11 Jul 2009
at 22:20
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Aadun was a little surprised that he wasn't more interested in his rivals, but some people just don't believe in being prepared.  He smiled and nodded his head as if it give of the feeling that it really wasn't a big deal.  "Thank you for the offer, but perhaps you can help us by talking with your brothers?  We'll gather the information that we need, so you don't have to worry about it further.  How do you prefer we contact you when the need arises?"
Brill Ziveri
 NPC, 6 posts
Sat 11 Jul 2009
at 23:23
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
"You can leave a message with the receptionist or there's a drop box for after hours. Letter of introduction or not, I'm not going to give you my private contact information. Perhaps when we have ironed out some of the wrinkles, it might be different.

"If I need to get in touch with you, where should I inquire?"

Kala Jorn
 player, 121 posts
 Crack pilot
Sat 11 Jul 2009
at 23:28
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
"You could have one of your servants leave a message for us at the Olan Marquis Hotel. Aadun over there..." She said, as she indicated the Zabrak "Would probably be the best person to leave it for. We thank you for your time, Lord Ziveri, and hope we can iron out these wrinkles shortly." She finished, as she bowed her head slightly to him.
Brill Ziveri
 NPC, 7 posts
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 15:46
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
This time Brill stands. "That I will do. Thank you for bringing my father's correspondence. Good day."
Kala Jorn
 player, 124 posts
 Crack pilot
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 16:02
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Kala nodded, stood, and bowed one last time, before leaving the office. As she passed by Narik, she nodded and whispered something to him, before she headed outside.[Private to Narik: "We need to talk, somewhere private, and alone."]
Narik
 player, 95 posts
Sun 12 Jul 2009
at 18:14
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office

Whilst left on his own Narik paced the corridor as he waited for the others to join him. His foot falls were even and on the carpeted floor muted into a low tick, tick, tick noise. He spun around at the sound of the conference room door sliding open. As his companions filed out he paused to watch them and then followed them outside.

At Kala verbal request he nodded back. [Private to Kala Jorn: ”Agreed, as soon as we’re back at the hotel”.]
Aadun Ogden
 player, 101 posts
Mon 13 Jul 2009
at 02:35
Re: Mission to Ryloth Part I - Day 2 Brill's Office
Aadun stood up.  "I'm sure we'll speak soon.  Thank you for your time," he says and nods his head.  He turns around and follows Kala out of the office.  As he left, his smile faded and he began to wonder what they were going to do about Brill's father and Sinya.